Society Hill Reproductive Medicine

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
Philadelphia
822 Pine Street, Suite 4B
Philadelphia, PA 19107
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Society Hill Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 110
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
The clinic [Society Hill] is clean and has a warm, friendly feel to it. The office manager is super organized and helpful....The nursing staff is amazing! They listened to me cry too many times for me to admit. This process is so emotional and they get that. I always felt like they listened to every one of my concerns and were always so supportive...The office staff is amazing too. Everyone there is respectful and professional.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Society Hill Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean and has a warm, friendly feel to it. The office manager is super organized and helpful. I also used Main Line Fertility clinic (where Dr. Kelly does her procedures). Clean, professional and respectful. The nurses there were amazing too. They were so kind and caring.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maureen Kelly at Society Hill Reproductive Medicine?
Maureen Kelly is warm and considerate. She takes her time when talking to you and answers all of your questions. I cried many times in her office and she was supportive and open. Every time I left her office I felt cared for. I had some pretty crazy questions and she never made me feel stupid. The office staff is amazing too. Everyone there is respectful and professional.
The nursing staff is amazing! They listened to me cry too many times for me to admit. This process is so emotional and they get that. I always felt like they listened to every one of my concerns and were always so supportive. I never felt like I was asking a dumb question. They were encouraging and yet, not pushy at all. They respected my decisions and were so great at explaining everything I needed to do. Oftentimes I would leave the office and forget what they told me, so I'd call back later and they were never annoyed. It's a lot of details to remember! They write it all down, but you still seem to forget things.
How was your experience with Maureen Kelly at Society Hill Reproductive Medicine?
I love Dr. Kelly! I say I wish all of my doctors were like her. She is warm, professional, extremely knowledgeable, trustworthy and kind. I always felt cared for and respected. She always took her time to thoroughly discuss my options with me and answered all of my questions. When I was hesitant to make decisions, she was patient with me and gave me space. She is an expert in her field and I had full trust in her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maureen Kelly at Society Hill Reproductive Medicine?
Go for it! Make a consultation with her. You don't need to commit, but you'll get a sense of her personality and expertise when you meet her in person.
Describe the protocols Maureen Kelly used in your cycles at Society Hill Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I don't remember everything because it was a lot and it was overwhelming. I had three IUIs. Two without medication and the last one with Clomid, which resulted in a miscarriage. I then started IVF, with the intention of first just freezing my eggs. I used Cetrotide, Follistim and the HcG shot. I ended up unfreezing some of my eggs for embryo transfer, but the ones unfrozen didn't fertilize, so I did another egg retrieval to get more eggs. This time I used Menopur and Cetrotide. I don't remember the specifics of the schedule. I ended up fertilizing my frozen eggs with the fresh ones together. I used Lupron and progesterone for the embryo transfers. I might have used something else, but I don't remember.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maureen Kelly at Society Hill Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance didn't cover a lot of my treatments, so most of my costs were out-of-pocket
Describe Maureen Kelly's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Society Hill Reproductive Medicine.
I only had two embryos to transfer and I chose to do a single transfer. Dr. Kelly and I discussed the options, and she explained the best approach.
Maureen Kelly