Sound Fertility Care

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots is not offered: Not OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
509 Olive Way
Seattle, WA 98101
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sound Fertility Care to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 2Neutral: 1Don't recommend: 26.2
1 doctor
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
The primary strength of Sound Fertility Care is that it is a one doctor practice. It makes all the difference to have Dr. Lin at every appointment, doing every procedure. Weakness would be nursing staff turnover, parking (its $7 every time I visit the clinic, which adds up!), and I hear there is a waitlist, although that has never applied to me...There seems to be a lot of turnover with the nursing staff - so I am not sure what that means about the practice. That said, she has been hiring amazing nurses and a lot of them are actually midwives so the compassion and bond we have with them is incredible. Dr. Lin has hired a staff of very smart, compassionate females.
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
Kat has an incredible memory. She remembers details we told her in passing. I have always felt like she is listening to everything we say and cares about how we are feeling. I feel like she takes time to know us, as people and as a couple. The whole reason we went with Dr. Lin is because she treated us like a human and not a number. She truly cares about her patients and their success.
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
Dr. Lin is incredible. She is very obviously brilliant and exceptional in her field. We have always felt so confident in her abilities as an RE. On top of that, she is personable, relatable, kind, and compassionate. She takes time to build relationships with her patients, even though I don't understand how she could find the time (or the brain space!). We always felt like she cared about us and listened to us. After our second round of IVF that resulted in our very first pregnancy, I had some bleeding at 6 weeks. I called her after hours, crying and scared. She was so reassuring and calm. She even called me several hours later to see how I was feeling - both emotionally and physically. This was a Saturday night! She has always gone above and beyond to make sure we feel cared about and because of that, we trust her wholeheartedly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
Be patient, ask questions. Know you are in the best hands possible with Dr. Lin.
Describe the protocols Kat Lin used in your cycles at Sound Fertility Care and their degree of success.
I don't totally remember (sorry!) but generally - I had both of my fallopian tubes removed due to blockage. Dr. Lin helped me through that surgery. Then we did a round of IVF with a single embryo fresh transfer. The birth control I was on prior to the cycle really suppressed my system so we had a hard time with the stimulation phase - which came as a surprise to all of us. The embryo transfer did not result in a pregnancy. So for the next round, Dr. Lin made several adjustments and I ended up over stimulating! Which was actually a better outcome, as we were able to freeze three embryos for later transfer while my body healed. Our frozen transfer was so easy, no surprises, and had no complications. We transferred two frozen embryos and I got pregnant with my daughter! I am currently under the care of Dr. Lin for an FET, hoping for a sibling!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care.
Cost was a major factor for our first round, as we were paying out of pocket. Dr. Lin's clinic is one of the lowest IVF costs in Seattle.
Describe Kat Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sound Fertility Care.
At first, because I was only 29, we elected to transfer one fresh embryo. That cycle was not successful. So the following round, we transferred two (FET) and that resulted in a singleton pregnancy. For our current round, we also plan to transfer two embryos, since that seemed to work last time! She did originally encouraged us to only transfer one the first time - but we all made adjustments after that cycle failed and moving forward we plan on transferring two whenever possible.
Seattle
Compared to the nursing staff at the other clinic we used, this nursing staff [at Sound Fertility Care] is positively abysmal. When pursuing IVF, you would expect them to answer portal messages but sometimes it would take a week or two for them to get back to me... be cautious if you are a patient that does not live close as you may get shoved to the side during her busy schedule...We never got to a treatment plan. Once we had finally decided to pursue IVF, Dr. Lin stopped attending scheduled phone conversations.
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
Kat Lin is very accomplished and the office is nice. She also has the added benefit of being certified in both male and female factor infertility. However, be cautious if you are a patient that does not live close as you may get shoved to the side during her busy schedule.
My husband and I have been long distance patients throughout out infertility journey. During our initial visit, we underwent a TON of testing and she informed us that she would set aside time to speak with us once all of the testing was complete. During our follow-up, we asked if we could speak with her, she seemed frustrated that we were asking but reluctantly gave in, then and she was rushed and annoyed during the conversation. After traveling thousands of miles to see her, I expected better. Then, she missed phone appointments four times within the course of a month (September 12 at 1:00, September 21 at 3:45, September 22 at 1:15, September 22 at 4:00). Each time I had to call the clinic and let them know she had failed to call in. Only once did the clinic apologize. After the last appointment, I stopped trying and found another clinic. It is my opinion that her practice grew too big too quickly and she is unable to adequately cover the number of patients under her care.
Compared to the nursing staff at the other clinic we used, this nursing staff is positively abysmal. When pursuing IVF, you would expect them to answer portal messages but sometimes it would take a week or two for them to get back to me. With my other clinic, I could expect a response within 24 hours, no matter what.
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
Our experience with Kat Lin differs from other patients because we are long distance patients. After numerous failures on her part, we ended up switching doctors. If others were a patient living in Seattle, she might be completely different. I found her to be extremely intelligent but very busy. She always seemed a bit rushed and a little stressed.
Do not choose her as a doctor if you are needing long distance treatment.
The projected cost of treatment was MUCH more expensive than our other clinic.
Seattle
I liked Dr. Lin immensely but could not get past the disorganization of the office [Sound Fertility Care], especially regarding financials, and could not continue my treatment there.... The office manager also made.me feel terrible that I couldn't get pregnant.... She also wrote all the costs out by hand while I was meeting with her, resulting in a disorganized, hard to understand mess of how much certain cycles would cost. I had to have her explain the different options multiple times because it was so unclear.
European, East Asian
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
I absolutely hated the clinic and office manager / Financial Coordinator. Nothing was transparent. I couldn't get a straight answer in terms of how much I would have to pay out-of-pocket. The office manager also made.me feel terrible that I couldn't get pregnant. It seemed like she thrived on sadness. She also wrote all the costs out by hand while I was meeting with her, resulting in a disorganized, hard to understand mess of how much certain cycles would cost. I had to have her explain the different options multiple times because it was so unclear. I ultimately went back to another clinic because they had organized, itemized print outs of how much everything would cost. I cannot recommend the clinic based on that woman's demeanor and lack of clarity regarding financials.
She seemed very involved with her practice and patients. She made it clear she would be the one handling most of the procedures.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sound Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Caitlin Wheaton)
Seemed somewhat inexperienced. I didn't fully feel comfortable with her.
What specific things went wrong at Sound Fertility Care?
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
I felt well cared for under Dr. Lin. She explained procedures and possible outcomes thoroughly. I felt like she cared about me as a person and would be there every step of the way through the IVF process.
Dr. Lin herself is great. However, it is the disorganization of the other staff, both in office procedures and in financial management, that ultimately made me go back to another clinic for my fertility care.
I can't remember the specifics of treatment.
It was hard to get a straight answer but it seemed comparatively more than the other major clinic in town.
strongly recommended single Embryo transfer only
Seattle
Strengths [for Sound Fertility Care]: It's a small clinic so everyone knows your name. Weaknesses: Wait time is terrible because it's small, billing is absolutely horrific. It's also frustrating to have to rely on labs and certain tests at other clinics because this office is so small.... $3500 for FET, $11K basic IVF cycle without meds, transfer, anesthesia, genetic testing, etc., $1200 IUI
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
Strengths: It's a small clinic so everyone knows your name. Weaknesses: Wait time is terrible because it's small, billing is absolutely horrific. It's also frustrating to have to rely on labs and certain tests at other clinics because this office is so small.
Dr. Lin genuinely cares about every one of her patients. She remembers most everything about my care, is always prepared, and always has answers to my questions.
Some of the nurses are incredibly helpful, kind, funny, thoughtful, sympathetic. Others are terrible, with zero bedside manner and borderline incompetent. It's hard to rate them as a group.
What specific things went wrong at Sound Fertility Care?
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
Dr. Lin is a wonderful, brilliant doctor who genuinely cares about her patients. I loved that I saw her every visit and could always reach her. But she's the only doctor at Sound Fertility, which comes at a cost. I know some think she has a bad bedside manner, but I disagree. She treats me like I'm a smart person and she's not there to be my therapist - she's too busy for that.
Ask lots of questions and be patient.
Everything Dr. Lin did felt specific to my condition. She frequently asked me about what I wanted and let me contribute to my treatment decision-making.
Dr. Lin is a little more expensive than other places. $3500 for FET, $11K basic IVF cycle without meds, transfer, anesthesia, genetic testing, etc., $1200 IUI
Dr. Lin follows the guidelines, so she favors eSET, which I appreciate.
Seattle
Evertone [at Sound Fertility Care] was great. Communicated test results same day and everyone was very understanding and caring...Location is difficult to find parking, although convenient if using public transportation. She is busy and can book up quickly and appointments often run late so wait times can be long. Staff and everyone was great. We have had somr confusion with the finance department thete but it was just a lack of communication. We did not have this issue until we stopped seeing her.
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
So caring but yet realistic about treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sound Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Caty)
Evertone was great. Communicated test results same day and everyone was very understanding and caring.
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
We saw her for every visit. Wait times for appointments were sometimes long but she is thw only doctor there. Takes her time with each patient and is very understanding. She even saw us after hours for our first natural cycle iui because I ovulated over the weekend. Her approach to treatment was so different from our last doctor and I liked thag.
She books up quickly and appointments can run late
We tried 3 natural cycles. First 2 using opks with no trigger. The 3rd cycle using opks and a trigger. All negative cycles. We tried natural cycles first because I didn't have any issues ovulating or producing a mature egg each month. 4th cycle was a combination of letrozole and folistim which produced 2 mature follicles resulting in a positive beta. We tried medicated cycle to increase our chances with 2 eggs vs. 1.
Around $3000. Everything went through insurance.