Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
509 Olive Way
Seattle, WA 98101
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sound Fertility Care to a friend?

7.2

1 doctor
2019 - 2020
All of our results were given in person [by Dr. Lin], we were encouraged to ask questions, and overall I truly felt like treatment was calibrated to me instead of one size fits all...was meticulous in explaining everything we'd already been through, what additional tests should be done, and what her recommendations were. For the first time, I actually understood my body and my chances for having a family! Dr. Lin was extremely knowledgeable and took a personalized approach to care, at every step she took time to make sure that we were optimizing our chances.
Everything about this clinic [Sound Fertility Care] is great, especially if you value a personalized approach to fertility treatments. Dr. Lin and all the staff are kind, patient, transparent, and knowledgeable...Jane and Paulinna were both wonderful, they remembered who I am and always asked about vacations, work, etc. Victoria, the billing specialist, went above and beyond to figure out a situation with Progyny. I was a wreck when we went for our first consultation at SRC, thanks to the time and care given by the team I feel like myself again. :)
$500K+
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
My experience with Dr. Lin was extremely positive, especially when compared with the previous fertility doctor I'd seen. Dr. Lin was meticulous in explaining everything we'd already been through, what additional tests should be done, and what her recommendations were. For the first time, I actually understood my body and my chances for having a family! Dr. Lin was extremely knowledgeable and took a personalized approach to care, at every step she took time to make sure that we were optimizing our chances.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
Trust Dr. Lin. Other clinics can seem like they have faster turnaround, but that's because they're basically running an assembly line. Dr. Lin may want to do more tests or tweak your timeline/treatment, but it's because she's personalizing your treatment based on you and how you respond. This is a stressful time and it can be so hard to wait, but it will be worth it!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
Before Sound Fertility Care we had gone through two unsuccessful egg retrievals at another clinic with no genetically normal embryos. By the time we met with Dr. Lin we were tired, frustrated, and out of hope. Dr. Lin took the time to explain the other clinic's results (we'd never heard about or seen the PGS report from the other clinic until Dr. Lin told us), went through the details of what to expect and how the protocol would change, and has stayed in touch all the way through. All of our results were given in person, we were encouraged to ask questions, and overall I truly felt like treatment was calibrated to me instead of one size fits all. Dr. Lin's staff is also incredible! Jane and Paulinna were both wonderful, they remembered who I am and always asked about vacations, work, etc. Victoria, the billing specialist, went above and beyond to figure out a situation with Progyny. I was a wreck when we went for our first consultation at SRC, thanks to the time and care given by the team I feel like myself again. :)
Describe the protocols Kat Lin used in your cycles at Sound Fertility Care and their degree of success.
Long Lupron protocol, the rationale being that I'd gone through two typical antagonist protocols at another clinic but had no normal embryos (23 eggs, 8 blastocysts, 0 normal over 2 tries). Dr. Lin thought that a different protocol might have better results for me. Medications used: Lupron, Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, plus growth hormone. Results: 21 eggs, 17 fertilized, 6 blastocysts (3 day 5, 3 day 6), 3 PGS normal. We transferred the best one of the three on April 7 and I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant!
Jane and Paulinna are fantastic! They constantly sync with Dr. Lin and are up to date on what's going on with you, so I never felt like there was any miscommunication. They were both responsive, helpful, and sympathetic (I definitely cried in that office more than once and never felt ashamed).
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
Everything about this clinic is great, especially if you value a personalized approach to fertility treatments. Dr. Lin and all the staff are kind, patient, transparent, and knowledgeable. For those of you who have had unsuccessful treatments at other clinics where you felt like just a number: please, take a deep breath and make an appointment at Sound Fertility Care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care.
Everything was covered by Progyny, so unsure of out of pocket cost.

2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Lin's clinic is small- it's just her! She was at all of our appointments, took the time to answer every single question we ever had, without ever rushing us out the door. She sat through plenty of tears and freak outs and always treated us compassionately...She was warm and friendly, candid, honest, and full of information. We were treated like humans who were dealing with a sensitive topic. I always felt like she took my opinions seriously as well, which was really important to me.
After a second failed transfer [at Sound Fertility Care], we started to investigate my uterus and found inflammation. Our next transfer was a chemical. But, now we were out of embryos. This time, we decided to do a little embryos banking as we finally had insurance...I absolutely loved each and every nurse that I dealt with...I went there for a long time, so I got to know all of them! My only real complaint about the clinic as a whole was there was sometimes a lack of communication between the Dr and the nurse staff, and I sometimes felt like I was needing to follow up and remind people of new plans.
2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
Dr Lin is terrific! I never felt like I was in a baby making factory, like I've heard my friends describe their clinics. She was warm and friendly, candid, honest, and full of information. We were treated like humans who were dealing with a sensitive topic. I always felt like she took my opinions seriously as well, which was really important to me.
Make sure to ask lots of questions if there is anything you don't understand!
We started with a typical antagonist protocol, as on the surface I seemed like a straightforward patient. Young, no obvious problems, etc. Our first IVf cycle was kind of a disaster, because all our embryos dropped off after Day 3, after having had a good start. The second cycle, we tweaked things to deal with that Day 3 drop off. We did a long lupron protocol, and froze all Day 1. Later, we transferred on Day 3 and were able to save some additional embryos on Day 5. After a second failed transfer, we started to investigate my uterus and found inflammation. Our next transfer was a chemical. But, now we were out of embryos. This time, we decided to do a little embryos banking as we finally had insurance. For our 3rd egg retrieval, we went back to an antagonist protocol but added in human growth Hormone, and we were able to freeze 6 embryos! The following cycle, we did the same thing and froze an additional 5 embryos. We were able to do PGS testing this time because of that insurance, and we found that only 3 were normal, which is pretty typical of endometriosis patients. Now that we finally had some quality tested embryos, we did a course of Lupron to quiet any endometriosis before attempting another transfer- this time which was successful!
I absolutely loved each and every nurse that I dealt with at Sound Fertility. I went there for a long time, so I got to know all of them! My only real complaint about the clinic as a whole was there was sometimes a lack of communication between the Dr and the nurse staff, and I sometimes felt like I was needing to follow up and remind people of new plans. I know that this is often the nature of this branch of medicine, because you have to change things daily to deal with peoples bodies, and, Dr Lin wants to help everyone when one person can only do so much. I'm a really anal person anyways, so it wasn't a big deal as I was constantly going over my own treatments plans, but I could see this becoming a problem for someone else.
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
I think I answered this more under the nurse section, but, this clinic was rather new when I started going to them, so it took some time to find their grove and get communication going smoothly. The billing department was having trouble when we started going, so we often never had any financial counseling. Thankfully, we eventually got insurance and didn't need to deal with the billing department anymore, but it looks like they have a great person in there now!
The billing was murky in the beginning because of changing staff, but I believe I paid roughly $35k for two egg retrievals, 2 or 3 transfers, one IUI, and initial testing. The rest of my treatments were under insurance. Also, my medications were roughly $5k per egg retrieval, and $2k per FET.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care.

3 IUI, 4 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Dr. Lin strong prefers to transfer 1 embryo at a time especially if it is PGS tested...took a personal approach with husband and I. She really took the time to investigate my case. She tested to see if I had endometrosis. Also, she tested my husband's sperm mobility. Also, she removed polyps in my uterus as well to ensure my embroy transfer would go well...I was impressed right with her knowledge on my case and the cutting research that she does in fertility research. She sent me article and even nutrition tips. I felt right away she was invested in my journey to have a child.
All of the staff [at Sound Fertility Care] was extremely responsible and knowledgeable. They were very responsive and helpful. I do not have any criticisms of them...They [monitoring appointments] were well oiled machine and they did things pretty quickly and efficiently...The team is very knowledgeable but is small and mighty. It's not a big operation but I think that's what makes this clinic special. They make sure they don't take on too many patients that they can't treat. There are some restrictions, they do cycles at certain times unlike other clinics but my husband I had a lot of success with them. It is important to be willing to work with them.
3 IUI, 4 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
Dr. Lin is very thorough and you can tell this is her life passion. I do not have any criticisms of her. At Seattle Reproductive Medicine, I had different doctors doing different procedures. I was impressed right with her knowledge on my case and the cutting research that she does in fertility research. She sent me article and even nutrition tips. I felt right away she was invested in my journey to have a child.
To do IVF, you have to be invested. You can't just go through the emotions and listen to Dr. Lin and her care team and respect their time. They are working with a lot of patients.
Dr. Lin took a personal approach with husband and I. She really took the time to investigate my case. She tested to see if I had endometrosis. Also, she tested my husband's sperm mobility. Also, she removed polyps in my uterus as well to ensure my embroy transfer would go well. She is a gifted surgeon and up on the latest fertility research and does great job of explaining things. I always felt like I was in good hands.
Dr. Lin had made me do duo stimulation for my egg retrieval. Also, she had me do growth hormone as well which was helpful. I had low ovarian reserve and was poor responder to the fertility drugs. Also, I think not doing ICSYS was helpful. My husband's sperm motility was good and we were able to fertilize more eggs and get 5 viable embryos (that were PGS Tested)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sound Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Jane )
All of the staff was extremely responsible and knowledgeable. They were very responsive and helpful. I do not have any criticisms of them.
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sound Fertility Care.
They were well oiled machine and they did things pretty quickly and efficiently.
Describe Kat Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sound Fertility Care.
9 IVF, Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She recommended DuoStim because of my age (42) and we used donor sperm for the first cycle and my husband’s sperm for the second. Up until that point, RE’s has told me ours was an egg quality problem. We knew we had male factor and my eggs had to undergo ICSI so she suggested we try donor sperm which did not require ICSI, and we got a genetically normal embryo out of that strategy...She supported, maybe even preferred genetically screening embryos and she and I agreed that transferring only one of those at a time was prudent.
There have been a couple different front desk coordinator’s since I started my care [at Sound Fertility Center]...By far the best is Louisa. She is warm and welcoming and funny with folks entering the office...What I appreciated most about her [nurse] was that when I would ask her a question, and she would first look at my medical records before answering. I always thought the answer was informed by my particular case. She also has a great sense of humor, a deep intellect and gives great hugs!
9 IVF, Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
She takes time, I never felt rushed in raising one more concern. I brought papers and studies to her and if she didn’t know the authors, which was often the case, she dug into them with me. I truly felt like a participant in my own care.
Be patient, she is usually running behind, but you will be thankful she takes all the time that’s needed with you when it is your turn. Best to go with a little bit of work to do or a book. Her staff take it all in stride and make waiting bearable.
Dr Lin remembers, or has systems in place to help her remember, all of my details. She takes time to connect with her patients as people and I feel she genuinely cares about her patients and their outcomes. I also have the utmost respect for her knowledge base and problem solving skills which makes me feel I’m in very competent hands.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sound Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Jane Peterson)
Jane is amazing. What I appreciated most about her was that when I would ask her a question, and she would first look at my medical records before answering. I always thought the answer was informed by my particular case. She also has a great sense of humor, a deep intellect and gives great hugs!
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
There have been a couple different front desk coordinator’s since I started my care there. By far the best is Louisa. She is warm and welcoming and funny with folks entering the office. She was briefly my care coordinator as well but I think her talents are best used at the front desk, keeping the flow of traffic moving, adjusting expectations when Dr L is running late and making people feel warm and welcome.
Her IVF cycles are more expensive (we are out of pocket) than SRM and PNWF but the amount of her undivided attention is far and away more than I experienced at those other clinics. She is 100% with it
Seattle

Dr. Lin has a wealth of experience in female and make factor infertility. She wanted to get to know us, not just our fertility history. She provides straightforward information and is compassionate when needed. I have felt very well cared for.... I see her every visit and she provides clear information specific to our cycles, not generalized. She also handled our pregnancy loss with compassion.... Dr. Lin has a wealth of experience in female and make factor infertility.
Great doctor, great clinical staff [Sound Fertility Care], and scheduling is easy. Appointments are often behind, because you see Dr. Lin in almost every visit. Billing and financial counseling need improvement. Billing is slow and estimates are not always accurate. We have provided Dr. Lin with feedback, which she appreciated, but I’m not sure how much it’s improved.... Per cycle: IUI $895 (included visits, ultrasound, insemination) Semen testing & prep: $175.00 Meds $300
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
I recommend taking notes from the beginning. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or communicate when if there are issues with your protocol, billing or clinical experience.
Dr. Lin took the time to get to know me and my husband. I see her every visit and she provides clear information specific to our cycles, not generalized. She also handled our pregnancy loss with compassion.
IUI #1: Clomid (100mg for 10 days), Ovidrel (250mg). Post IUI: Endometrin (100mg daily). Results: negative pregnancy test. *Polyp discovered mid-cycle and removed after. IUI #2: Clomid (100mg for 10 days), Ovidrel (250mg). Post IUI: Endometrin (100mg daily). Results: positive pregnancy test, misscarried at 10w (unknown cause).
The clinical staff are great. They are helpful, provide great information and support and, like dr. Lin, are very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
Great doctor, great clinical staff, and scheduling is easy. Appointments are often behind, because you see Dr. Lin in almost every visit. Billing and financial counseling need improvement. Billing is slow and estimates are not always accurate. We have provided Dr. Lin with feedback, which she appreciated, but I’m not sure how much it’s improved.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She [Dr. Kat Lin] always listened to my concerns, answered my questions thoroughly (and multiple times in different ways when I didn’t understand), and even challenged me when I wanted to do things one way but she recommended other ways ...I did 5 rounds of IUI. I was supposed to do 6 before insurance would cover a round of IVF but Dr. Lin didn't want to do another around because she was confident it wouldn't work again and didn't want to put me through this, so she wrote a letter to my insurance. A couple weeks later we got approval to move forward with IVF. With the egg retrieval we got 8 eggs, 2 made it to day 5 and did a fresh transfer with one and froze the other. Originally my husband and I wanted to transfer both (we were open to having twins if that happened) but Dr. Lin sat us down to walk through the potential risks associated and ultimately we decided to take our chances with one and it was a success.
I was used to waiting in Doctor’s lobbies for far too long and then feeling rushed once I got to see the Doctor because they were so busy. With Dr. Lin [at Sound Fertility Care], I never felt that way even though I know she is busy...If you are looking for a Doctor (and nurses and staff) who will go through the emotional infertility journey with you and has a genuine interest in learning about you and your body and what’s going on, Dr. Lin with Sound Fertility is wonderful at just that.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
If you are looking for a Doctor (and nurses and staff) who will go through the emotional infertility journey with you and has a genuine interest in learning about you and your body and what’s going on, Dr. Lin with Sound Fertility is wonderful at just that. I wanted a place where I felt comfortable and cared for since this can be a very hard time. I was used to waiting in Doctor’s lobbies for far too long and then feeling rushed once I got to see the Doctor because they were so busy. With Dr. Lin, I never felt that way even though I know she is busy. She always listened to my concerns, answered my questions thoroughly (and multiple times in different ways when I didn’t understand), and even challenged me when I wanted to do things one way but she recommended other ways (which worked out to our benefit and I’m forever grateful to her for this). Along the way we had multiple set backs but Dr. Lin and her staff always kept me and my husband informed and calm and focused on the end goal. This was beyond helpful because it’s hard to not lose hope but as cheesy as it sounds Dr. Lin and the nurses helped us not stay in that place for long and held our hands through this. It was great to go somewhere where I could laugh (and cry multiple times) with genuine people. In my humble opinion, this is necessary with something as fragile as infertility. Another positive is that Dr. Lin is the only Doctor you will see which creates a consistent, well informed relationship where she can make the best decisions because she knows your situation in and out which is hugely valuable in an emotionally stressful time. I just had my first baby and my husband and I will be going back to see Dr. Lin and staff so they can help us once again, when the time is right, for baby #2.
Be patient with the process, trust Dr. Lin and don't give up
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sound Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Jane)
I became close with most of the staff at Sound Fertility. I became so close with one nurse, Juniper, that she was my Montrice when I gave birth to my baby girl. The staff was always so kind and helpful throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
I was lucky in the fact that the insurance with my job covered infertility.
I trusted Dr. Lin but pushed back on her with this decision. She welcomed my reasoning and really wanted to understand why. From there we had a meeting going through everything associated with a multiple embryo transfer versus a single and discussed both our view and why we wanted multiple and she discussed her view and why she thought a single for our situation the first time was best.

2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Kat Lin] takes time to build relationships with her patients... I had some bleeding at 6 weeks. I called her after hours, crying and scared. She was so reassuring and calm. She even called me several hours later to see how I was feeling - both emotionally and physically. This was a Saturday night! She has always gone above and beyond to make sure we feel cared about and because of that, we trust her wholeheartedly.
The primary strength of Sound Fertility Care is that it is a one doctor practice. It makes all the difference to have Dr. Lin at every appointment, doing every procedure. Weakness would be nursing staff turnover, parking (its $7 every time I visit the clinic, which adds up!), and I hear there is a waitlist, although that has never applied to me...There seems to be a lot of turnover with the nursing staff - so I am not sure what that means about the practice. That said, she has been hiring amazing nurses and a lot of them are actually midwives so the compassion and bond we have with them is incredible. Dr. Lin has hired a staff of very smart, compassionate females.
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
Dr. Lin is incredible. She is very obviously brilliant and exceptional in her field. We have always felt so confident in her abilities as an RE. On top of that, she is personable, relatable, kind, and compassionate. She takes time to build relationships with her patients, even though I don't understand how she could find the time (or the brain space!). We always felt like she cared about us and listened to us. After our second round of IVF that resulted in our very first pregnancy, I had some bleeding at 6 weeks. I called her after hours, crying and scared. She was so reassuring and calm. She even called me several hours later to see how I was feeling - both emotionally and physically. This was a Saturday night! She has always gone above and beyond to make sure we feel cared about and because of that, we trust her wholeheartedly.
Be patient, ask questions. Know you are in the best hands possible with Dr. Lin.
Kat has an incredible memory. She remembers details we told her in passing. I have always felt like she is listening to everything we say and cares about how we are feeling. I feel like she takes time to know us, as people and as a couple. The whole reason we went with Dr. Lin is because she treated us like a human and not a number. She truly cares about her patients and their success.
I don't totally remember (sorry!) but generally - I had both of my fallopian tubes removed due to blockage. Dr. Lin helped me through that surgery. Then we did a round of IVF with a single embryo fresh transfer. The birth control I was on prior to the cycle really suppressed my system so we had a hard time with the stimulation phase - which came as a surprise to all of us. The embryo transfer did not result in a pregnancy. So for the next round, Dr. Lin made several adjustments and I ended up over stimulating! Which was actually a better outcome, as we were able to freeze three embryos for later transfer while my body healed. Our frozen transfer was so easy, no surprises, and had no complications. We transferred two frozen embryos and I got pregnant with my daughter! I am currently under the care of Dr. Lin for an FET, hoping for a sibling!
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
Cost was a major factor for our first round, as we were paying out of pocket. Dr. Lin's clinic is one of the lowest IVF costs in Seattle.
At first, because I was only 29, we elected to transfer one fresh embryo. That cycle was not successful. So the following round, we transferred two (FET) and that resulted in a singleton pregnancy. For our current round, we also plan to transfer two embryos, since that seemed to work last time! She did originally encouraged us to only transfer one the first time - but we all made adjustments after that cycle failed and moving forward we plan on transferring two whenever possible.
Seattle

Our experience with Kat Lin differs from other patients because we are long distance patients. After numerous failures on her part, we ended up switching doctors. If others were a patient living in Seattle, she might be completely different. I found her to be extremely intelligent but very busy. She always seemed a bit rushed and a little stressed...she missed phone appointments four times within the course of a month
Compared to the nursing staff at the other clinic we used, this nursing staff [at Sound Fertility Care] is positively abysmal. When pursuing IVF, you would expect them to answer portal messages but sometimes it would take a week or two for them to get back to me... be cautious if you are a patient that does not live close as you may get shoved to the side during her busy schedule...We never got to a treatment plan. Once we had finally decided to pursue IVF, Dr. Lin stopped attending scheduled phone conversations.
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
Do not choose her as a doctor if you are needing long distance treatment.
My husband and I have been long distance patients throughout out infertility journey. During our initial visit, we underwent a TON of testing and she informed us that she would set aside time to speak with us once all of the testing was complete. During our follow-up, we asked if we could speak with her, she seemed frustrated that we were asking but reluctantly gave in, then and she was rushed and annoyed during the conversation. After traveling thousands of miles to see her, I expected better. Then, she missed phone appointments four times within the course of a month (September 12 at 1:00, September 21 at 3:45, September 22 at 1:15, September 22 at 4:00). Each time I had to call the clinic and let them know she had failed to call in. Only once did the clinic apologize. After the last appointment, I stopped trying and found another clinic. It is my opinion that her practice grew too big too quickly and she is unable to adequately cover the number of patients under her care.
Compared to the nursing staff at the other clinic we used, this nursing staff is positively abysmal. When pursuing IVF, you would expect them to answer portal messages but sometimes it would take a week or two for them to get back to me. With my other clinic, I could expect a response within 24 hours, no matter what.
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
Kat Lin is very accomplished and the office is nice. She also has the added benefit of being certified in both male and female factor infertility. However, be cautious if you are a patient that does not live close as you may get shoved to the side during her busy schedule.
The projected cost of treatment was MUCH more expensive than our other clinic.
Seattle

I felt well cared for under Dr. Lin. She explained procedures and possible outcomes thoroughly. I felt like she cared about me as a person and would be there every step of the way through the IVF process.... She seemed very involved with her practice and patients. She made it clear she would be the one handling most of the procedures.... Dr. Lin herself is great. However, it is the disorganization of the other staff, both in office procedures and in financial management, that ultimately made me go back to another clinic for my fertility care.
I liked Dr. Lin immensely but could not get past the disorganization of the office [Sound Fertility Care], especially regarding financials, and could not continue my treatment there.... The office manager also made.me feel terrible that I couldn't get pregnant.... She also wrote all the costs out by hand while I was meeting with her, resulting in a disorganized, hard to understand mess of how much certain cycles would cost. I had to have her explain the different options multiple times because it was so unclear.
European, East Asian
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
I can't remember the specifics of treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sound Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Caitlin Wheaton)
Seemed somewhat inexperienced. I didn't fully feel comfortable with her.
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
I absolutely hated the clinic and office manager / Financial Coordinator. Nothing was transparent. I couldn't get a straight answer in terms of how much I would have to pay out-of-pocket. The office manager also made.me feel terrible that I couldn't get pregnant. It seemed like she thrived on sadness. She also wrote all the costs out by hand while I was meeting with her, resulting in a disorganized, hard to understand mess of how much certain cycles would cost. I had to have her explain the different options multiple times because it was so unclear. I ultimately went back to another clinic because they had organized, itemized print outs of how much everything would cost. I cannot recommend the clinic based on that woman's demeanor and lack of clarity regarding financials.
It was hard to get a straight answer but it seemed comparatively more than the other major clinic in town.
strongly recommended single Embryo transfer only
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sound Fertility Care.
It was the lack of clarity in costs. I struggled to receive a straight answer. It was only because I had paperwork from another clinic that I knew what questions to ask. I liked Dr. Lin immensely but could not get past the disorganization of the office, especially regarding financials, and could not continue my treatment there.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Saw Dr. Lin at every visit...made us feel at home from the start. She did a great job analyzing my husband and my communication styles and adapted her style to fit ours. She took on my fairly complicated history of losses and was basically like “I don’t know what has caused this in the past, but we’re going to do everything we can to get you a healthy baby.” She was optimistic and reassuring from the start. Also she’s ridiculously smart and a great doctor!
Started with IVF, conventional treatment [at Sound Fertility Care]. I had 44 active follicles so we dialed back the stims. I still had 30 eggs retrieved, 28 were mature, 12 made it to freeze, 7 were PGS normal...The team is so awesome! After you see dr Lin they will spend a ton of time with you teaching about injections or just talking you through the upcoming procedures. I’m the type of person that wants to have all of the info possible, they were happy to give it to me!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
Dr. Lin made us feel at home from the start. She did a great job analyzing my husband and my communication styles and adapted her style to fit ours. She took on my fairly complicated history of losses and was basically like “I don’t know what has caused this in the past, but we’re going to do everything we can to get you a healthy baby.” She was optimistic and reassuring from the start. Also she’s ridiculously smart and a great doctor!
Be totally honest from your first meeting.
Saw Dr. Lin at every visit. And the office staff is awesome! They always remember my name and my history.
Started with IVF, conventional treatment. I had 44 active follicles so we dialed back the stims. I still had 30 eggs retrieved, 28 were mature, 12 made it to freeze, 7 were PGS normal. I’m in the middle of a medicated frozen embryo transfer, estrogen and progesterone supplements. I just got my first positive pregnancy test!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sound Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Jane, Louisa, Maxine, Paulinna )
I’m terrified of twins, Dr. Lin encouraged me to only transfer one due to my age and possible complications with twin geriatric pregnancies.
Kat Lin
Dr. Lin is a wonderful, brilliant doctor who genuinely cares about her patients. I loved that I saw her every visit and could always reach her. But she's the only doctor at Sound Fertility, which comes at a cost. I know some think she has a bad bedside manner, but I disagree. She treats me like I'm a smart person and she's not there to be my therapist - she's too busy for that.... Everything Dr. Lin did felt specific to my condition. She frequently asked me about what I wanted and let me contribute to my treatment decision-making.
Strengths [for Sound Fertility Care]: It's a small clinic so everyone knows your name. Weaknesses: Wait time is terrible because it's small, billing is absolutely horrific. It's also frustrating to have to rely on labs and certain tests at other clinics because this office is so small.... $3500 for FET, $11K basic IVF cycle without meds, transfer, anesthesia, genetic testing, etc., $1200 IUI
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
Ask lots of questions and be patient.
Dr. Lin genuinely cares about every one of her patients. She remembers most everything about my care, is always prepared, and always has answers to my questions.
Some of the nurses are incredibly helpful, kind, funny, thoughtful, sympathetic. Others are terrible, with zero bedside manner and borderline incompetent. It's hard to rate them as a group.
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
Strengths: It's a small clinic so everyone knows your name. Weaknesses: Wait time is terrible because it's small, billing is absolutely horrific. It's also frustrating to have to rely on labs and certain tests at other clinics because this office is so small.
Dr. Lin is a little more expensive than other places. $3500 for FET, $11K basic IVF cycle without meds, transfer, anesthesia, genetic testing, etc., $1200 IUI
Dr. Lin follows the guidelines, so she favors eSET, which I appreciate.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sound Fertility Care.
Once someone forgot to call in a prescription. It wasn't a big deal.
Seattle

[Dr. Lin is] So caring but yet realistic about treatment...We saw her for every visit. Wait times for appointments were sometimes long but she is thw only doctor there. Takes her time with each patient and is very understanding. She even saw us after hours for our first natural cycle iui because I ovulated over the weekend. Her approach to treatment was so different from our last doctor and I liked thag.
Evertone [at Sound Fertility Care] was great. Communicated test results same day and everyone was very understanding and caring...Location is difficult to find parking, although convenient if using public transportation. She is busy and can book up quickly and appointments often run late so wait times can be long. Staff and everyone was great. We have had somr confusion with the finance department thete but it was just a lack of communication. We did not have this issue until we stopped seeing her.
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
She books up quickly and appointments can run late
So caring but yet realistic about treatment.
We tried 3 natural cycles. First 2 using opks with no trigger. The 3rd cycle using opks and a trigger. All negative cycles. We tried natural cycles first because I didn't have any issues ovulating or producing a mature egg each month. 4th cycle was a combination of letrozole and folistim which produced 2 mature follicles resulting in a positive beta. We tried medicated cycle to increase our chances with 2 eggs vs. 1.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sound Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Caty)
Evertone was great. Communicated test results same day and everyone was very understanding and caring.
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
Around $3000. Everything went through insurance.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Lin did your initial consultation and planned our treatment but the most contact we had was with her PA. The PA managed my medicated IUI, all the way from initial ultrasounds to the actual procedure. I saw Dr. Lin again at the end of our appointment where they confirmed my miscarriage. ... Letrozole IUI. She was most concerned with borderline PCOS and my Hashimoto's.
Billing [at Sound Fertility Care] is very transparent and the biller is helpful. Scheduling is also very easy but they run behind schedule frequently. The portal is clunky and not super user-friendly, but response times are good. ... IUI for us as cash patients was about $1,100. Medication was separate and through Kaiser it cost us another $300. ... There were other instances when we were talking about my history and the PA referenced incorrect information. It made me feel like I constantly needed to verify the info I was given.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
Expect to work more with the PA than Dr. Lin.
Letrozole IUI. She was most concerned with borderline PCOS and my Hashimoto's.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sound Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Paulinna)
Paulinna is Dr. Lin's PA and our main contact throughout our treatment. She was very helpful, but sometimes didn't know the details of my history or the actual protocol I was on.
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
Billing is very transparent and the biller is helpful. Scheduling is also very easy but they run behind schedule frequently. The portal is clunky and not super user-friendly, but response times are good.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sound Fertility Care.
The PA was answering questions we had about our treatment protocol, but was referencing Clomid when Dr. Lin had prescribed letrozole. There were other instances when we were talking about my history and the PA referenced incorrect information. It made me feel like I constantly needed to verify the info I was given.
Seattle

We are wary on and after not finding any particular issues with our fertility, has recommended IUI. ... She’s [Dr. Lin] been honest with us about the risk factors and recommendations regarding treatment ... She is very straightforward about the options and ways to work around some of the challenges we’ve had. She is also very good about connecting us and helping to facilitate the larger treatment team within her clinic [Sound Fertility Care]
Billing office responsiveness is a bit slow. Even though they [Sound Fertility Care] have a portal messaging, billing office does not seem to respond except from requests from front office. I’d recommend removing billing office from being able to send portal messages if they’re not going to check them. ... She [Dr. Lin] considers multiple births to be a failure, so to us that’s a very clear approach and aligns with our overall hopes for family growth.
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
Be open about your questions and concerns. She’s open to looking up impacts of medications or past conditions, and honest in sharing her thoughts on risks/impact on fertility
She’s been honest with us about the risk factors and recommendations regarding treatment
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
Billing office responsiveness is a bit slow. Even though they have a portal messaging, billing office does not seem to respond except from requests from front office. I’d recommend removing billing office from being able to send portal messages if they’re not going to check them.
Too early to tell
She considers multiple births to be a failure, so to us that’s a very clear approach and aligns with our overall hopes for family growth.
Seattle

Dr Lin seemed to genuinely want our transfer to work on the first try. She did an ERA test beforehand...The PGS testing was done at a clinic that tested for many more abnormalities [than my previous clinic]...And everything she did worked, because I have a beautiful 5 month old son now thanks to her!...she will be there for you if needed any day of the week...She did not see us like a number, she recognized us and remembered things we talked about and always was upbeat and positive.
[the nurses at Sound Fertility Care were] Very caring and thoughtful. Didn't feel like a "patient" but more like a family member...Even though Dr Lin is the only doctor, she will be there for you if needed any day of the week. They dont treat you like a number at Sound Fertility, you feel like family. The only weakness I can think of is seattle parking, it gets expensive...ERA test $870 out of pocket. Monitoring for the ERA (u/s and blood work) -$540. Matrix anesthesia for egg retrieval-$650. Meds (for egg retrieval and transfer)-$9837.24. Coopergenomics(pgs testing)-$1050. Dr charges-two check payments made to sound fertility of 13,325 and 4,180. The self pay package for one IVF cycle is 13,325. I’m not sure what the 4,180 was for. So out of pocket roughly $30,452.24, may be more, but this is all I have documented in my notes,
How was your experience with Kat Lin at Sound Fertility Care?
Other fertility doctors could learn a thing or two from Dr Lin. She is compassionate, honest, caring, and seems to honestly want to figure out the reason for our unexplained infertility. The other clinic I went to (pnwf) seemed to look at me like a number, or a dollar sign. The more ivf transfers the more money they get. But Dr Lin seemed to genuinely want our transfer to work on the first try. She did an ERA test beforehand, pnwf didn't do that. The PGS testing was done at a clinic that tested for many more abnormalities then the clinic pnwf uses. And everything she did worked, because I have a beautiful 5 month old son now thanks to her! I owe her everything, she's changed our lives forever in the best way possible.
If Dr Lin doesn't get you pregnant, do not think it was for lack of effort. She will do everything she can to make it work.
Dr Lin was wonderful. She did not see us like a number, she recognized us and remembered things we talked about and always was upbeat and positive. I cannot say enough good things about Dr Lin.
An ERA test was done 1/2/18 to determine the best day of the month to transfer an embryo (this was never done or thought of at pnwf). Pre egg retreival: End of Feb 2018 started estrogen patches. 3/3-lmp. 3/5-u/s and blood work, start Gonal-F and menopur injections. 3/7-stopped estrogen,continue Gonal-F and menopur. 3/9-u/s and blood work looked good, start Cetrotide injections. 3/10-have intercourse (out with the old sperm:). 3/13-appt w/dr lin..can't recall what for and i didn't write it down. 3/14-Gonal-F boost of 600 units, tonight trigger at 12:30am. us showed approx 11 good follicles. 3/15 egg retreival day postponed to 3/16 to give ovaries one more stim day. started doxycycline 100mg. 3/16-egg retreival day, got 10 eggs. 3/17-call from Poma there are 6 embryos. 3/22-day 5, two of the embryos made it to blastocyst. Biopsy (PGS testing) of the two done. 4/6-appt w/dr lin to go over results. We got ONE healthy embryo. FET: 5/1 started bcp. 5/8-mock transfer. 5/9-start vivelle estrogen patches, change every 2 days. 5/16-u/s and blood work, everything looking good. Started estrace pill vaginal insertion. 5/28-Transfer day! Progesterone used was crinone vaginal suppositories. This all resulted in a beautiful normal baby boy we are so in love with!!! I did use castor oil packs (ordered from amazon, not at the direction of dr lin but something i had read about) before the transfer, every night. I had never done this before, did it help give my uterus strong blood flow? Maybe. We'll probably never know.
Describe your experience with Sound Fertility Care.
I only had one healthy embryo to work with!