Genetic counseling: Offered
856-596-2241
570 Egg Harbor Road
Sewell, NJ 08080
856-218-8863
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend South Jersey Fertility Center to a friend?

View fewer doctors
[Dr. Kuzbari] suggested doing an ERA- Endometrial Receptivity Array- which tests the uterus to see if it is ready for implementation. Majority of woman were ready on day 5 however the test showed that I was ready at day 6 and needed the extra progesterone. That test was a game changer. Thrilled to report that the latest transfer of two embryos worked perfectly and I’m pregnant with twins!
If you called [South Jersey Fertility Center] with questions, they would always call you back that day. Several times I had to call after hours and it went over to the answering service, I always had a call back within 20 mins (usually from a doctor) to answer my question...With blood work and ultrasound it was always scheduled before 8:45am...You are in great hands at SJF and just keep focusing on the big picture.
How was your experience with Oumar Kuzbari at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Dr. Kuzbari always has an optimistic viewpoint and an upbeat personality. It really helps you through the heartbreaks along this journey. After two failed genetically tested transfers, my husband and I were beside ourselves. Everything looked “perfect” why was this not working? That’s when we sat down with Dr. Kuzbari and developed a new game plan. He suggested doing an ERA- Endometrial Receptivity Array- which tests the uterus to see if it is ready for implementation. Majority of woman were ready on day 5 however the test showed that I was ready at day 6 and needed the extra progesterone. That test was a game changer. Thrilled to report that the latest transfer of two embryos worked perfectly and I’m pregnant with twins!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Oumar Kuzbari at South Jersey Fertility Center?
You are with a terrific doctor who has your absolute best interest at heart.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Oumar Kuzbari at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Dr. Kuzbari always has an optimistic viewpoint and an upbeat personality. The IVF journey is mentally and physically exhausting. Dr. Kuzbari is extremely empathetic, kind and genuinely cares about you and your goal of getting pregnant. There were some dark days along our journey but Dr. Kuzbari’s bedside manner really helps you through those days and is always encouraging for the next step.
Describe the protocols Oumar Kuzbari used in your cycles at South Jersey Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We did two rounds of retrieval process at first. The first round only came back with one genetically healthy embryo. My husband and I decided to go right into the next round since we knew we would want more than one child in the future and I was mentally in the mood to endure another round. As previously stated in the question prior, we had two failed genetically tested transfers. My husband and myself were heartbroken. Everything looked “perfect” why was this not working? That’s when we sat down with Dr. Kuzbari and developed a new game plan. He suggested doing an ERA- Endometrial Receptivity Array- which tests the uterus to see if it is ready for implementation. Majority of woman were ready on day 5 however the test showed that I was ready at day 6 and needed the extra progesterone. That test was a game changer. Thrilled to report that the latest transfer of two embryos worked perfectly and I’m pregnant with twins! If it was not for the ERA test I would not be pregnant. Very greatful he suggested it because it is considered on the “cutting edge” of technology and not every state performs the test from my understanding. We were just so fortunate to be in the right state with the right doctor.
They were fantastic. Don’t have anything negative to say about anyone. We were there for almost 1.5 years so we knew everyone pretty well. Even the billing department was a breeze to deal with. Cat in scheduling was always so thorough and answered all my ridiculous question. If you called with questions, they would always call you back that day. Several times I had to call after hours and it went over to the answering service, I always had a call back within 20 mins (usually from a doctor) to answer my question.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
I was very naïve walking into this process. How hard can it be? Well, I had an extremely rude awaking. It is mentally, physically and financially (thanks to not so great insurance) exhausting. You are in great hands at SJF and just keep focusing on the big picture.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at South Jersey Fertility Center.
With blood work and ultrasound it was always scheduled before 8:45am. Very convenient if you needed to work
Describe the costs associated with your care under Oumar Kuzbari at South Jersey Fertility Center.
It was pricy. We did multiple rounds, transfers, genetic testing and the ERA test so there always seemed to be a bill in our mailbox. Hopefully our kids put us in a nice oceanfront nursing home in the future as a thank you.
Describe Oumar Kuzbari's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at South Jersey Fertility Center.
We had a total of three transfers. The first two were single embryos and the third and final one was two. I was the advocate for two because I couldn’t mentally handle another potentially failed transfer. Dr. Kuzbari went over the pros and cons of having twins and I was well aware of the potential. My husband still has not fully comprehend that we are having twins but luckily he still has time on his side for it to sink in :)
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Oumar Kuzbari at South Jersey Fertility Center.

Dr. Weissmann always took the time to make sure I understood what was going on and why we were doing it. She didn't try a "cookie cutter" treatment.... She actually called me an hour after my consult and told me she wanted me to do another hysteroscopy before my cycle because she was doing research into my case and thought it might help.... She strongly recommended a frozen transfer. I was initially against a frozen transfer because I didn't want to do the progesterone injections but I trusted her and we went with a frozen transfer.
It [South Jersey Fertility Center] is a large practice but I never felt like a number. They make monitoring easy with appointments before work. The only negative would be that on Saturday's only one office is open and it was very busy and you had to wait a bit.... Monitoring appointments were quick and well organized. Saturday's were an exception since only one office was open and it was crowded but they do try to make it run as quickly as possible.
How was your experience with Lauren Weissmann at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Dr. Weissmann was absolutely amazing. She did our initial consultation in June 2018 and she did our first IUI. We saw a few other doctors during our next 3 IUIs and a different doctor planned our first IVF cycle, but I requested to see her for my consultation for my second IVF cycle. She was so thorough and so caring. She took the time to explain exactly what "went wrong" because everything seemed perfect. She felt that doing a fresh transfer with our first cycle was the problem because my progesterone on the day of trigger was close to what they consider the maximum. She felt that maybe mine jumped and it closed the window for implantation. She strongly recommended a frozen transfer. I was initially against a frozen transfer because I didn't want to do the progesterone injections but I trusted her and we went with a frozen transfer. I pushed for natural fertilization with our second cycle after ICSI with our first. ICSI gave us 11 fertilized eggs and only 1 good embryo, so I was concerned about sperm quality. She supported our decision and understand my rationale (that ICSI tries to pick the best sperm but the best sperm visually might not be the healthiest). I wanted to let the healthiest sperm swim in to the egg on it's own, also showing that the sperm and the egg were attracted to each other and compatible. We had 10 eggs with our 2nd cycle, 2 fertilized and one made it to be frozen as a 3AB. Dr. Weissmann did our transfer and had no issues with my slightly difficult cervical anatomy and it was a smooth transfer. We are now pregnant with a perfect baby girl, due 12/25/19. We wouldn't be here without her patience and understanding and her never giving up on us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Weissmann at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Trust her, and if you have thoughts or insights, tell her. She will respect what you say and take it into consideration.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Weissmann at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Dr. Weissmann always took the time to make sure I understood what was going on and why we were doing it. She didn't try a "cookie cutter" treatment. When my first cycle of IVF (planned by another doctor in the clinic) did not result in a pregnancy, her and I talked for over an hour about options for our next cycle and what she thought went wrong. She listened to my input and made me feel like my insight and research was valid. She actually called me an hour after my consult and told me she wanted me to do another hysteroscopy before my cycle because she was doing research into my case and thought it might help.
Describe the protocols Lauren Weissmann used in your cycles at South Jersey Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We used gonal f 225 at night, menopur 2 vials at night, cetrotide at night starting on day 4, and 2 vials of Novarel for trigger. For the transfer it was oral estradiol, estradiol patches and injectable progesterone in oil.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
Amanda was great- quick to answer calls and questions. The nursing staff at the Sewell office was amazing. So compassionate and so caring, and genuinely happy for my when I got my positive beta!
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
It is a large practice but I never felt like a number. They make monitoring easy with appointments before work. The only negative would be that on Saturday's only one office is open and it was very busy and you had to wait a bit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Weissmann at South Jersey Fertility Center.
My care was covered by my insurance so I only paid co-pays. With our second cycle we did pay $800 for cryopreservation (freezing and 6 months of storage). However, we got a refund for 5 months of storage fees because we only had to keep our embryo frozen for a month before transfer.
Describe Lauren Weissmann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at South Jersey Fertility Center.
We only had one embryo so we did not discuss this.
Lauren Weissmann
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lauren Weissmann at South Jersey Fertility Center.

He truly cares about helping his patient's achieve their goal of parenthood. ... Dr. Kuzbari is open and honest. He doesn't treat you like a number or a statistic. ... He clearly discusses the risks and benefits. He never made me feel like an inconvenience or a problem. He answered my millions of questions and even elaborated on them once I asked them.
They [South Jersey Fertility Center] don't do IVF in batches so you don't have to sit around waiting for other people. ... I went to a satellite office, not the main office. The weekday monitoring appointments are fine. No wait, they run on time. The Saturday appointments are a little chaotic as only one office is open and we all have to go to that office, but it wasn't a long wait.
How was your experience with Oumar Kuzbari at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Dr. Kuzbari is absolutely amazing. He truly cares about helping his patient's achieve their goal of parenthood. He clearly discusses the risks and benefits. He never made me feel like an inconvenience or a problem. He answered my millions of questions and even elaborated on them once I asked them. Although I haven't achieved a pregnancy yet, I am happy with the care I have received from Dr. Kuzbari.
Be prepared for open communication.
Dr. Kuzbari is open and honest. He doesn't treat you like a number or a statistic. He discussed the pro's and con's of treatment and applied it to our unique situation.
We used Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide. After my first cycle resulted in an unsuccessful transfer, another doctor in the practice changed my protocol slightly to have my stim longer.
Amanda and the other IVF Coordinators are kind and caring. They help with the procedures also and they help you stay relaxed.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
They are a large clinic and quite busy but it's never difficult to get an appointment for your monitoring. They know you by name and they remember you. They don't do IVF in batches so you don't have to sit around waiting for other people. I was the only one doing an egg retrieval the day of my 2nd retrieval and that wasn't a problem for them.
My insurance covered the majority of my treatments. With my first retrieval I was on different insurance and had to pay $400 out of pocket for the anesthesia. With my 2nd retrieval my insurance covered the anesthesia. I had to pay $500 to freeze my embryo and $300 to freeze it for 6 months.
Dr. Kuzbari made sure I understood the risk of multiples but they recommended transferring both embryos we had from our first cycle.
+ Read more- Read less

The clinic [S. Jersey Fertility Ctr] (marlton especially) tends to get busy at times so it's best to leave yourself plenty of time when scheduling appointments. Double check billing invoices for accuracy (my invoices have been mostly accurate but mistakes can happen)...Cat was amazing. She encouraged me every step of the way and maintained such a high level of patience (I'm sure at some point i drove her crazy) but she always spoke to me in an un-hurried, gentle and supportive manner.
How was your experience with Oumar Kuzbari at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Although I would have preferred to have been introduced to Dr. Kuzbari from the onset of my fertility journey and to have subsequently be seen only by him, I feel grateful that I had the opportunity to be under his care as often as I was. Dr. Kuzbari remained quietly optimistic that one of those tricks up his sleeve would produce the results I so badly desired. I felt that his knowledge of current fertility practices (new age methods) was strong. He expressed such a high level of confidence in recommending the plan that he thought would be the most beneficial for me. Dr. Kuzbari always seemed genuinely happy for the smallest sign of progress or positive response. And when things didn't quite work out, he seemed just as disappointed as I was. But no matter the outcome on any given day, he made me feel supported, he inspired me to keep a positive outlook and most importantly he was not ready to give up without exhausting all possible options that might bring success!
don't hesitate to ask any question, no matter how trivial or embarrassing you may think it us. Dr. Kuzbari is very open and non-judgmental.
Dr. Kuzbari spoke with me gently but candidly. He provided reassurance as needed to keep my spirits and hopes high but he was also keenly aware to not misrepresent information or mislead me into thinking this process was fool proof. He let me know in the most delicate way that at my advanced age, producing a viable embryo may be improbable but it certainly was not impossible and he held on to the possibility just as strongly as I did. Even though I was seen by other doctors, Dr. Kuzbari always made me feel like I was his very special patient. Of course he checked on all of my results and provided recommendations on medication protocol and treatment plans. but it was more than that. Dr. Kuzbari was so attentive, so compassionate, so meticulous in his care for me. i felt like me (and my embryo...now fetus) were Dr. Kuzbari's prized Fabrege egg and he would stop at nothing to protect us and eventually bring us together. His commitment never waivered.
I went through 4 IUIs and 6 IVF cycles. I will admit, it's overwhelming and difficult to keep track of. But each step warranted a different strategy. 1st we were trying to get pregnant as 'naturally' as possible so we tried IUI. (it worked but the results were a tubal pregnancy) when we moved to IVF, the plan changed specific to the intended goal: 1st we were trying to retrieve a good quantity of quality eggs. 2nd we were preparing to thicken my uterine lining 3rd we tested to determine if my thin lining was receptive and 4th and finally, we focused on preparing my body for the frozen egg transfer The different strategies led to an increasingly better understanding of how my body was responding to different medication. The science of fertility is not always predictable but chances of success i'm sure are improved when under the care of a doctor like Dr. Kuzbari who can effectively and accurately assess results and initiate the appropriate changes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cat (Marlton) Mary (EHT))
Cat was amazing. She encouraged me every step of the way and maintained such a high level of patience (I'm sure at some point i drove her crazy) but she always spoke to me in an un-hurried, gentle and supportive manner. She was so thorough in her job but so human in how she interacted with me. I felt like she truly understood what I was going through. I truly felt comforted by her. I looked forward to speaking with her and reviewing my progress (or lack thereof) I could tell Cat anything and I know on some days I did (maybe too much at times) Cat is a special member of the South Jersey Fertility team. She embraced me and me feel like I was the 'teacher's pet' of the facility. I'm sure that's just her way and she makes everyone feel just as special but her support, her kindness, her open-ness kept me motivated....kept me hopeful.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
The clinic (marlton especially) tends to get busy at times so it's best to leave yourself plenty of time when scheduling appointments. Double check billing invoices for accuracy (my invoices have been mostly accurate but mistakes can happen) Keep a journal of appointments and treatments so you can better participate in treatment plans and ask relevant questions Alyssa is the best receptionist (EHT) She always gives a warm and fuzzy vibe. The receptionists in Marlton are lot less outgoing In my experience, the staff in the EHT office interacts with patients on a more intimate/personal level. The Marlton office sometimes is too busy to develop that individual positive rapport.
co pays, medications (ordered through Village pharmacy) genetic testing, sperm storage, egg freezing...i estimate that from 2017 to now, we have spent $40k out of pocket
since I only produced one viable embryo I do not have comment

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Sawin was very supportive throughout our entire process... Dr. Sawin always took the time to explain all treatment in detail and thoroughly answer any questions we had along the way. Even in the most anxiety producing of situations, Dr. Sawin always had a way of making us feel calm. I had such a wonderful experience at SJF, specifically under Dr. Sawin's care, and would highly recommend him to anyone seeking treatment.
Dr. Sawin and all of the other doctors at South Jersey Fertility in Egg Harbor Township were extremely caring, compassionate, educated and motivated to help your family...Truly kind and caring people [nurses],...invested in your process to achieve a pregnancy. They were always willing to answer any questions at all along the way and were extremely supportive during all steps of the process. When you're already dealing with enough stress of the treatment process, it really makes a huge difference to have a nursing staff that is so present and caring of your case...kept the office running on schedule, which is extremely important with the frequency of appointments required.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Dr. Sawin and all of the other doctors at South Jersey Fertility in Egg Harbor Township were extremely caring, compassionate, educated and motivated to help your family. Dr. Sawin always took the time to explain all treatment in detail and thoroughly answer any questions we had along the way. Even in the most anxiety producing of situations, Dr. Sawin always had a way of making us feel calm. I had such a wonderful experience at SJF, specifically under Dr. Sawin's care, and would highly recommend him to anyone seeking treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
I highly recommend choosing Dr. Sawin and all other doctors at SJF as your fertility treatment doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Dr. Sawin was very supportive throughout our entire process.
Describe the protocols Stephen Sawin used in your cycles at South Jersey Fertility Center and their degree of success.
CD 3-8 (9pm), Clomid 50mg CD 11 (9pm), Ovidrel 250/.5ml CD 13 (9am), IUI This was our treatment course for unexplained infertility. All three cycles were dependent upon blood work and scans, but were fairly consistent with these cycle days. Our third clomid w/ IUI cycle was successful with a positive pregnancy test.
The nursing staff at SJF in Egg Harbor Township was nothing shy of amazing! Truly kind and caring people, complete invested in your process to achieve a pregnancy. They were always willing to answer any questions at all along the way and were extremely supportive during all steps of the process. When you're already dealing with enough stress of the treatment process, it really makes a huge difference to have a nursing staff that is so present and caring of your case. The nursing staff always kept the office running on schedule, which is extremely important with the frequency of appointments required.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
This clinic has a wonderful doctor, nursing and office staff. The office itself is convenient, clean and very well run. All of our appointments were almost always on time. The clinic as a whole was a great experience for us and produced a wonderful outcome.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center.
Treatment cost was always limited to co-payment for office visits and co-payment for medication. All other expenses were covered by insurance.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Skaf] is very thorough. He doesn't speak before asking 100 questions to make sure he understands your medical history . If he doesn't know the answer to something right away he states which of his colleagues he thinks would know the answer best and gets it . Very humble vibe from such a knowledgeable man . After suffering 2 losses from a previous doctor he was able to show me where he would change things without talking ill of the other doctor
I primarily dealt with Kat with all of my call in questions. I can be a little bit of a pain but hey this is scary stuff! She was very helpful and never seemed bothered . She would even call me if she hadn't heard from me in a few days to see how I was doing.... I also had a lot of contact with the embryology dept [South Jersey Fertility Center] because my embryos required some special thaw protocol that they special ordered from Japan for me . They were all great in the process !
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He is very thorough. He doesn't speak before asking 100 questions to make sure he understands your medical history . If he doesn't know the answer to something right away he states which of his colleagues he thinks would know the answer best and gets it . Very humble vibe from such a knowledgeable man . After suffering 2 losses from a previous doctor he was able to show me where he would change things without talking ill of the other doctor . He suggested I transfer 2 embryos this time because of my recurrent loss history which is something I had asked my other doctor to do and he would not . Now I am currently pregnant with 1 , if we hadn't done the 2 I probably wouldn't be !
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Trust him , you're in the right hands
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
When I came to him for just the consult I had 175 pages of fertility records from a previous doctor and instead of saying he needed time to look through (which he did later of course) he took out a notepad and asked us to walk him through all of our cycles and issues . He spent over an hour with us before making any recommendations on how to proceed.
Describe the protocols Robert Skaf used in your cycles at South Jersey Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had 2 frozen embryos left from a previous doctors retrieval. Dr. Skaf allowed me to natural cycle meaning no Birth control was used to pin me to a time frame . Which is what I always thought doctors use to mass cycle women with and I hated it . I was only on estrogen pills and patches . High dose vitamins for my mthfr , and blood thinners for my clotting disorder. The best decision was PIO which is the injection form of progesterone and I believe the helping factor in my pregnancy as I had used suppositories with prior doctor and suffered 2 losses due to poor progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kat)
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
When I signed up to review I had to pick 1 doctor only and I picked Skaf because he was what made my husband and I at ease and I'm sure in behind the scenes he does a lot of my care decision making . However I have had appts with Dr. Vandeerlin and Kuzbari has done my transfer and first ultrasound and they are both really great as well . I also had a lot of contact with the embryology dept because my embryos required some special thaw protocol that they special ordered from Japan for me . They were all great in the process !
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center.
We are fortunate enough to have decent insurance. We do pay $75 copay per visit which does get costly in cycle. But I really cannot complain as I know the cost for some people . Also freezing cost which no insurance covers but his was still more affordable than previous doctor
Describe Robert Skaf's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at South Jersey Fertility Center.
Yes he suggested 2 and that was the right decision as I am currently carrying 1 of them
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Sawin is very compassionate and explains the processes well. However, I like to know how the process works in detail. I like to know the lab results, what numbers they're looking for, and why.... In ways I am grateful because it makes me put my trust in Dr. Sawin which is an important part of this journey. But my type A personality and background as a RN makes it frustrating at times.... My stims included menopur and gonal-f for 10 days.
The front desk [South Jersey Fertility Ctr] is the first impression for any practice. There is one staff member in particular that is very unpleasant and does not give you a warm and fuzzy feeling when you walk in. However, the rest of the front desk staff is incredibly pleasant and helpful. This is just one individual but they are the first impression to some, and it's not a great one. The practice is otherwise efficient, clean, and has a great team of people that work well together to ensure you have everything you need.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Dr. Sawin is very compassionate and explains the processes well. However, I like to know how the process works in detail. I like to know the lab results, what numbers they're looking for, and why. I think maybe other patients are overwhelmed by all that information, so they do not overload you with more than you can handle and just let you know what needs to be done without much explanation. This is my only gripe, and it's not necessarily a bad one to have. In ways I am grateful because it makes me put my trust in Dr. Sawin which is an important part of this journey. But my type A personality and background as a RN makes it frustrating at times.
Come in with a list of questions anytime you have a consultation. Check it off as you go with answers you may receive before the end of the consult, then present any that were missed.
I am addressed by name and I feel that he is knowledgeable about my case and remembers past discussions we have had
My stims included menopur and gonal-f for 10 days. I started ganirelix on day 8 and triggered with lupron on day 11. I was not told the rational for my protocol. I trusted they had a strong idea of the appropriate protocol based on my prior IUIs completed with stims.
My IVF nurse has been pleasant and helpful. She responds to most of my calls in a timely manner. I have worked with other nurses prior to my IVF cycle and most of them were good. Only one made me feel more like a number than a person.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
The front desk is the first impression for any practice. There is one staff member in particular that is very unpleasant and does not give you a warm and fuzzy feeling when you walk in. However, the rest of the front desk staff is incredibly pleasant and helpful. This is just one individual but they are the first impression to some, and it's not a great one. The practice is otherwise efficient, clean, and has a great team of people that work well together to ensure you have everything you need.
My schedule is difficult since I work 12 hour shifts, but the appointments are fast and they open at 7am to ensure patients can be seen. Unfortunately, if I have work I have no opportunity to be seen unless I go in late to work (not really an option) or switch shifts with a co-worker
Describe Stephen Sawin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at South Jersey Fertility Center.
I am only advised to transfer 1 embryo at this time due to my age, no history of miscarriage, and clean hysteroscopy.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center.

He [Dr. Sawin] answered all of our questions, took his time explaining things. He listened to our concerns. He went over all the procedures with us and told me what to expect. He explained what type of treatment would be best for us based off of our test results. Overall having him as one of our Drs has been a good experience...He listened, figured out the best plan for me. He made me feel comfortable and explained exactly
It’s very easy to get an appointment. They [South Jersey Ctr] have multiple locations, 2 of which are close to me. They have good appointment times and they even have appointments on the weekends. The nurses always call back the same day if I call and leave a message or if I’m waiting for test results...The nursing staff at south jersey fertility is amazing! They’re all so sweet and nice. They took good care of me and made me feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He answered all of our questions, took his time explaining things. He listened to our concerns. He went over all the procedures with us and told me what to expect. He explained what type of treatment would be best for us based off of our test results. Overall having him as one of our Drs has been a good experience.
Write down your questions so you know exactly what to ask. He’ll take his time answering your questions and making sure you understand everything.
We’re dealing with slight make factor but mostly our infertility is unexplainable. He was pretty confident that we would be able to conceive through IUI. So far the 2 IUIs we’ve done haven’t been successful. For my first IUI I did 50mg of clomid on cd3-7 and then the ovidrel trigger shot on cd11. I believe I had my IUI on cd 13. For my second IUI I did 100mg clomid on cd 3-7 and ovidrel trigger shot on cd14. I had my IUI on cd15. They were hoping that I’d produce more than one mature follicle with the higher dose of clomid but I still only produced 1. For the first IUI the sperm count was 8 million post wash and for the second IUI it was 7.5 million post wash.
The nursing staff at south jersey fertility is amazing! They’re all so sweet and nice. They took good care of me and made me feel comfortable. I’ve had to bring my son to several of my appointments and they’re always so sweet to him too.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
It’s very easy to get an appointment. They have multiple locations, 2 of which are close to me. They have good appointment times and they even have appointments on the weekends. The nurses always call back the same day if I call and leave a message or if I’m waiting for test results.
My first IUI was $350. I paid out of pocket for my medication since my insurance doesn’t cover infertility. My second IUI was $300. I just received a bill in the mail for $100 for the sperm washing. I need to call billing to find out if that was a mistake sincecwe didn’t pay extra for that the first time.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Skaf] listened, changed protocol based on my cycle lengths. He made me feel comfortable and explained everything in detail to me and my husband....He’s easy to talk to and willing to change things based on your cycle and body needs....Very knowledgeable, explained everything to me in detail. I was comfortable with him and knew what to expect for each test/IUI. He was honest with me...This will be my 3rd and final IUI as my clinic only allows 3.
Easy to get appointments, they [South Jersey Ctr ] have several offices, it’s very clean, the nurses always call me back within a reasonable time. J never have to wait long to be seen and my appointments are relatively quick. I really like the fact that they always in time for appointments. It’s also nice that they open early enough in the mornings so that I can go before work. I’m very happy with this clinic so far.
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Very knowledgeable, explained everything to me in detail. I was comfortable with him and knew what to expect for each test/IUI. He was honest with me and alrhough I’m not pregnant yet, I’d recommend him to friends.
Ask questions, if you don’t understand sonething let him know. He’s easy to talk to and willing to change things based on your cycle and body needs.
He listened, changed protocol based on my cycle lengths. He made me feel comfortable and explained everything in detail to me and my husband.
For IUI 1: 50 mg clomid cd 3-7 then ovidrel shot on cd 11, IUI cd 13. Checked progesterone levels one week later. Resulted in a negative beta. IUI 2: 100mg clomid cd 3-7, ovidrel shot cd 12, IUI cd 13. Progesterone level check one week later then negative beta 15 dpiui. I’m scheduled for cd 3 bloodwork and ultrasound tomorrow. This will be my 3rd and final IUI as my clinic only allows 3.
The nursing staff is amazing! All of them are very compassionate and understanding. They make me feel comfortable at every visit. I love the nurses at the Burlington office, they remember me and my son. They’re always so sweet to him when he comes to my appointments with me.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
Easy to get appointments, they have several offices, it’s very clean, the nurses always call me back within a reasonable time. J never have to wait long to be seen and my appointments are relatively quick. I really like the fact that they always in time for appointments. It’s also nice that they open early enough in the mornings so that I can go before work. I’m very happy with this clinic so far.
I had copays for my medication and had to pay out of pocket for my IUIs. My insurance doesn’t cover any fertility treatment.
+ Read more- Read less

I loved Dr. VanDeerlin. Super sweet and loves to help ease the stress by making you laugh. I did not see him super often because there are about 5 doctors at this practice who rotate locations. I guess if I would have requested to see him every visit, that could have happened...Prepare yourself to see and deal with all of his colleagues. I loved Dr. VanDeerlin and wished I would have solely got to deal with him only.
The nurses who return your call [at South Jersey Fertility Center] (you always have to leave a message for them)..have no compassion...Front desk operator and medical assistants are amazing! Office stays clean and I rarely ever had to wait. I mainly visited the Sewell office. I went to Marlton a few times and had a small wait but it was a Saturday ans they are th only office open that day so it was to be expected.
How was your experience with Peter Van Deerlin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Van Deerlin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
This is why I left SJ Fertility. The nurses who return your call (you always have to leave a message for them)..have no compassion. My first uneasy experience was when I needed a break from fertility meds, fertility costs, etc. I tried some cycles with Femara but once they resulted in negative pregnancy test, I needed time off. I am guessing I should have made the nurses aware? SJFert put me on a thyroid medication quite some time ago. It would always get refilled on its on. Well one day my pharmacy calls me and says I need to call my doc bc my prescription stopped. So I called them and she says “well we haven't heard from you in so long that you now need to get that through your primary doctor.” No problem at all, but please give me a call and tell me that is how you guys roll. So I went without that meds for weeks because of course I needed to make an appt with my primary, get the blookwork done and then my prescription would continue. The next and final straw was during my little break I was taking, I began bleeding. Sorry TMI. But I called SJ Fert and that same nurse returned my call and said AGAIN, “we havent seen you in so long so you’d need to call your OB.” If I skip visits with my primary doctor and give him a call, he NEVER reminds me that he hasnt seen me in so long and instantly redirects me. Like I felt like she kept blowing me off bc I was no longer spending $40 to walk in the office weekly (an hour drive by the way). So although the staff have a tremendous amount of compassion for your situation, the nurse who calls patients back could care less. Or maybe she just treated me that way, who knows.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Van Deerlin at South Jersey Fertility Center.
$40 was my copay. Monitored cycles used to be $320 not including meds and shots. They are now $500
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Peter Van Deerlin at South Jersey Fertility Center.

5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Skaf outlined all of our options and made recommendations. He respected our decisions, even though we didn't opt for his initial recommendation. I think he was very kind and gentle with his diagnosis and recommendation. Initially, my husband and I heard two different recommendations, but were able to reach Dr. Skaf for clarification...Because of my age and egg reserve, Dr. Skaf recommended IVF immediately with injections. We were initially off-put by this and tried IUI
The office staff [South Jersey Ctr] was friendly and supportive. They greeted me by name each time and engaged me in conversation. The providers were also friendly and caring. They supported every decision we made...The care coordinators were friendly and fully explained every step. Initially, I was concerned about leaving a voicemail and getting a call back in a timely manner, but they always called back right away.
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
My advice would be to follow their advice and as questions any time you do not understand something; work through their process and take it one step at a time. They are experts in this field with a great track record.
The office staff was friendly and supportive. They greeted me by name each time and engaged me in conversation. The providers were also friendly and caring. They supported every decision we made.
Because of my age and egg reserve, Dr. Skaf recommended IVF immediately with injections. We were initially off-put by this and tried IUI. After three unsuccessful attempts, we tried IVF and after our second transfer were pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Day and a Nurse later for IVF)
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
The clinic is extremely efficient with scheduling. I hardly ever had a wait longer than 10 minutes. They explain every step in detail and answered my multiple questions. If you have any concerns, let them know. They will work with you on your schedule. They are compassionate and positive.
Our total out of pocket was $10,000. We were provided an accurate estimate.
The doctors gave us the option for multiples and supported our decision for a single.

2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
After two failed rounds of donor egg embryo transfers, Dr. Kuzbari worked with us to test for implantation timing. It turns out we need an additional 36 hours of progesterone prep- almost unheard of, but we implanted with twins!....Infertility is such a hard thing to deal with. It's important to separate your own anxiety and frustration and sadness with the situation from your experiences at the clinic. The people on the staff here, from the front desk to the doctors, the billing department, etc, are all motivated to help you be successful.
After two failed rounds of donor egg embryo transfers, Dr. Kuzbari [at South Jersey Fertility Center] worked with us to test for implantation timing. It turns out we need an additional 36 hours of progesterone prep- almost unheard of, but we implanted with twins!....Infertility is such a hard thing to deal with. It's important to separate your own anxiety and frustration and sadness with the situation from your experiences at the clinic. The people on the staff here, from the front desk to the doctors, the billing department, etc, are all motivated to help you be successful.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Oumar Kuzbari at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Dr. Kuzbari was very knowledgeable, but also willing to explain and consider information I may have brought to him- uterine biopsies, for example, to test the implantation window, even though that test doesn't usually reveal a problem. He listened, offered his expertise, and devised a plan of action. He was always willing to reassure or console.
Dr. Kuzbari felt like a partner on this journey. He knew our situation; he was enthusiastic and supportive throughout.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Valerie)
The nursing staff was wonderful. They were compassionate, supportive, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
There were morning "monitoring hours" that were standard each day, for specific procedures, like blood draws and ultrasounds. However, I also found that they were willing to try to accommodate alternative appointments when possible.
As a NJ schoolteacher, my insurance covered the majority of my costs. There were a few tests that were out of pocket, like the implantation biopsy, and the donor fee was also out of pocket.
Given my age and previous failures, we discussed multiple embryo transfer.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
This review pertains more generally to South Jersey Fertility since you are not given a specific doctor as a patient but instead expected to see whoever happens to be available that day...There was little change to my protocol over the course of 5 cycles which did not make sense to me considering we were getting the same results each time. They did not look further into potential problems affecting my fertility... I don't feel any of the doctors I encountered were invested in their patients.
You saw a different doctor each visit [at South Jersey Center] and each time I had to repeat the things I wanted known and no one seemed to know exactly what took place prior...The nursing staff was fine - not overly friendly or personable. I never sensed a level of compassion or was ever even engaged in conversation...I never knew who to go to with questions and when I did speak up, I had to back track and explain everything from day 1 in order to understand the present because no one ever knew your individual case. I did not feel anyone had responsibility for my care.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
This review pertains more generally to South Jersey Fertility since you are not given a specific doctor as a patient but instead expected to see whoever happens to be available that day. By the time I came to SJ fertility I had just left another RE where I had a poor experience and after 3 cycles, decided to more on. I had also been through 6 cycles with another doctor years prior and successfully conceived my daughter. I feel like if I had not known a good deal about what my treatments would involved form experience, I would have felt very lost, lonely, and hopeless here. I was able to advocate for myself based on that experience but it fell on deaf ears. They were not very aggressive or proactive and although they knew we were out of pocket for everything and that IVF was not an option financially, seemed to think everyone can just go IVF if other treatment didn't work. No one ever had a conversation with me about my failed cycles , how my labs looked, what could be going wrong - nothing unless prompted and even then we're very brief answers. I don't feel any of the doctors I encountered were invested in their patients. I have very high expectations following an amazing experience with my first RE (in another state), but I did not find this experience acceptable.
Advocate for yourself. Push and get answers otherwise they will not be given. Talk to others who have been or are going through treatment so you know what to ask and what to expect and when things are not right. Just because IVF exists is "an" option (though not really an option for some like us) that doesn't mean other treatment is not worth pursuing aggressively.
Following my initial consult where I explained our past treatment and my concerns, I left feeling somewhat positive although I know I was told exactly what I wanted to her and it wasn't very thorough. That doctor/nurse left the practice a week later and no other doctor every had a conversation with me about our treatment, my concerns, or our plans moving forward after each failed cycle. You saw a different doctor each visit and each time I had to repeat the things I wanted known and no one seemed to know exactly what took place prior. We continued the same plans with no changes until I prompted them (having had experience with infertility treatment in the past). Either I got lost in the shuffle or this is just how they operate. When I mentioned these feelings, nothing changed.
There was little change to my protocol over the course of 5 cycles which did not make sense to me considering we were getting the same results each time. They did not look further into potential problems affecting my fertility because I had already been diagnosed with several conditions (manageable) prior and had a living daughter. I feel more investigation should have been done.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
I think having a "point" doctor is important, even if you do sometimes see other doctors in the practice. I never knew who to go to with questions and when I did speak up, I had to back track and explain everything from day 1 in order to understand the present because no one ever knew your individual case. I did not feel anyone had responsibility for my care.
We were told the appointments would be covered but not procedures or medications. We paid of out of pocket for that and are just now finding out, after 5 cycles over 6 months of treatment that insurance is looking to deny any coverage.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Skaf new my exact situation like the back of his hand and was always so kind and understanding. He answered all my questions thoroughly and gently. I trusted him completely.... We were originally told by Dr. Sawin (not Skaf) that we could only do a single embryo transfer. We were so upset by this. 4 days before our transfer though I asked again for 2 embryos. We got a yes from Dr. Weissmann! We were so happy and thank goodness we did 2 because only ONE took. We are so grateful for our sticky bean.
South Jersey Fertility Center is so thorough, knowledgeable, considerate, and kind. I trust them whole-heartedly. Because of them, my husband and I are finally able to realize our dream of growing our family.... Jessica May was AMAZING!!!!! She is SO a thoughtful and made me feel SO much better about the whole procedure. She answers all of my questions so quickly and she’s so patient with me!!! All the staff at the EHT office were amazing too!!!! They were so sweet and accommodating. I love them ALL!!!!!!!
European, Latino
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Dr. Skaf is super kind and so knowledgeable. He has so much experience in his field. I felt so confident with him performing our embryo transfer. Because of him, and the amazing staff at SJFC, we’re now expecting our first baby!
Trust his opinions. He knows what he’s doing and he won’t lead you wrong.
Our treatment started with birth control to regulate my cycle. We then added Lupron injections to downplay my ovaries. Following this, we had an ultrasound to check my uterine lining. After that, we started the progesterone shots and estrogen and soon after, we had our transfer!! Now that I’m pregnant, I’m continuing the progesterone and estrogen until ten weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica May)
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Sawin] has awesome bedside manner unlike other doctors we have met in the past...He’s a very through provider. He spoke with us specifically about our case as if he really wanted to help us, not as though he was reading from a textbook. Even though our insurance deemed our infertility as “elective” due to being a same sex couple, he explained all our treatment options and was open to answering all our questions.
The billing department [at South Jersey Fertility Center] checks with your insurance to see what is covered and sends you a detailed description in the mail...They are really professional and have great personalities. They make you feel as though you’re part of a family while going through this process. I love how it’s a one stop shop there. Being able to get bloodwork and ultrasounds at the same place was very convenient.
How was your experience with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you do not understand something
He has awesome bedside manner unlike other doctors we have met in the past.
All the nurses and front desk staff are very nice. Because they see you so much you develop a relationship with them. Each time we came into the office they seemed genuinely happy to see us.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
My insurance covered all medications and ultrasounds but not IUIs or IVF. I can’t say that we were actually informed of the actual out of pocket cost of the IVF procedure but at the time we were going to the off the IUI procedure would proved at $300. The billing department checks with your insurance to see what is covered and sends you a detailed description in the mail.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Kuzbari is a caring man who is determined to do what is best flr his patients. He is candid and I prefer working w him over anyone else in the practice. He has a good bedside manner, and is patient w questions.... He is thorough and will listen to your suggestions and questions patiently and earnestly.... We began with clomid and I had a failed pregnancy with a d and e. Then we tried 2 iuis which didn't work. I got pregnant again and resulted in second d and e. Had a hysteroscopy and tried more iui.
They [South Jersey Fertility Ctr] are awful w the phone and it can be difficult to get an appt. You often have to wait at the marlton office. They do know what they are doing, though, and they helped me have my baby. I preferred the Burlington office, but their hours are limited.... I had a copay every time I got blood drawn, which was expensive. I so paid about 6000 for testing and at least 1000 fir embryo storage. I have had difficulties w paying for some bloodwork
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Oumar Kuzbari at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He took care to call me from home. He knows my whole family.
We began with clomid and I had a failed pregnancy with a d and e. Then we tried 2 iuis which didn't work. I got pregnant again and resulted in second d and e. Had a hysteroscopy and tried more iui. Finally did egg retrieval, pgs, icsi, and frozen transfer resulting in my daughter. Just had 2 more hysteroscopies and 2 more transfers. When they failed, we did era. Trying again now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tammy )
Tammy is the best. She is funny, caring, understanding and patient. I think of her as a friend.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
They are awful w the phone and it can be difficult to get an appt. You often have to wait at the marlton office. They do know what they are doing, though, and they helped me have my baby. I preferred the Burlington office, but their hours are limited.
Because of mt ama, he wanted to do single transfers. He also wanted to preserve my "precious embryos."
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Skaf] explained everything to us. He was great. He was very excited for us when we received a positive test...I have unexplained infertility. We went with ICSI and a frozen transfer. At first the goal was a fresh transfer but my levels were off so I had to do a frozen one. I also saw a fertility acupuncturist who was with me the day of transfer to give me a treatment before and after...He kept us comfortable and relaxed during our transfer.
The nurses [South Jersey Ctr] were great. They all knew my name and my husbands name after our first visit. They gave us hugs when we received the positive pregnancy test and we felt like family when going thru the IVF process...The nursing staff is great. Alsways eased my worries and called me back every time that I had a question....I even called the number on Christmas and received a call back from the nurse within minutes. I can’t say enough great things.
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He explained everything to us. He was great. He was very excited for us when we received a positive test. It was very hard to leave the office and see my regular OBGYN. He kept us comfortable and relaxed during our transfer.
Listen to him. I waited 8 years to have a baby and he made it happen.
The nurses were great. They all knew my name and my husbands name after our first visit. They gave us hugs when we received the positive pregnancy test and we felt like family when going thru the IVF process. We have visited the Egg Harbor Township office with our daughter since she has been born. We can’t thank them enough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
They treat everyone amazing. I didn’t feel like I was just a number or patient. They knew exactly who we were and where we were in our process. They answered all of our questions and we had many of them. I even called the number on Christmas and received a call back from the nurse within minutes. I can’t say enough great things.
The cost was a lot since I paid out of pocket. I did receive a grant from a group called BabyQuest.
I felt that a single embryo transfer made the most sense. I have never been pregnant so I didn’t know if I was even able to carry a child. I’m glad I made the decision of 1 embryo transfer.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr. Skaf took time to speak with me regarding my late term loss. He also gave me options for this next pregnancy that no other doctor has. He was very warm, honest and caring...He is caring also gives you realistic goals. He is open to your opinion and treatments that you want to try. I wish I found him sooner I think I would have had a different outcome and not wasted 6 years....We tried 150 mg of Clomid along with Ovidrel. I made the same amount of eggs that I made with the Gonal F that I tried in the last RE I used.
The billing office [South Jersey Fertility Center] needs more training with insurances and the coverage. Also if you have more than one insurance don't charge the patient bill all the insurances first. I love the front desk staff they are friendly remember your name and all nuances about your treatment. Very liberal hours for treatment....Very knowledgeable she [nurse] made sure I went through alot of testing and treatment to ensure I am the healthiest I can be with such short time... Dr. Skaf took time to speak with me regarding my late term loss.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Be honest with him. Tell him everything he will work with you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tracy Krause)
Very knowledgeable she made sure I went through alot of testing and treatment to ensure I am the healthiest I can be with such short time
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
The billing office needs more training with insurances and the coverage. Also if you have more than one insurance don't charge the patient bill all the insurances first. I love the front desk staff they are friendly remember your name and all nuances about your treatment. Very liberal hours for treatment.
The only costs I incurred was for the meds and the IUI my insurance doesn't cover it

2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
No matter if we receive good news or bad news when my husband and I are meeting with Dr. Sawin we always feel hopefully. It is very apparent that he truly cares about his patients and wants to try and help them conceive... took ever bit of knowledge he had to help with treatments. Going through fertility treatments is very invasive and can leave someone feeling insecure but I never have felt that way with Dr Sawin. He puts me at ease and calms my anxiety whenever I see him.
[nurses at South Jersey Fertility Center are] Very professional but at the same time very caring and compassionate...Strength is the availablity to see a doctor and make an appointment fairly quickly. It is also great they have so many locations throughout the state, so even when I’m on vacation at the beach I can still go to the doctor during a cycle because there is an office nearby. Weakness would be sometimes there is a long wait in the waiting room if previous appointments run long.
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
As a patient I always felt comfortable and secure knowing that I was seeing a doctor who truly cared for my wants and took ever bit of knowledge he had to help with treatments. Going through fertility treatments is very invasive and can leave someone feeling insecure but I never have felt that way with Dr Sawin. He puts me at ease and calms my anxiety whenever I see him.
Just go and talk with him. He is very open, honest, warm, and caring.
Very professional but at the same time very caring and compassionate.
With insurance $6000
+ Read more- Read less

The manner in which he [Dr. Stephen Sawin] explained results, exams and our course of action was always very thorough. He was compassionate when we had a miscarriage while under his care and gave us support as well as space to decide if we wanted to move forward. Excellent doctor overall...Felt like a human because he had great bedside manner...He would call us by name and took our calls.
The clinic [South Jersey Fertility Center] has great hours, they are flexible as well. Only downfall would be I preferred the Burlington location which has limited hours but again at their other locations theres plenty of availability. They also informed me of costs up front so there were no hidden surprises...The nursing staff is knowledgeable and caring. They always made me feel like i was in great hands.
How was your experience with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He excelled all our expectations making our experience enjoyable. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone who is having difficulties. The manner in which he explained results, exams and our course of action was always very thorough. He was compassionate when we had a miscarriage while under his care and gave us support as well as space to decide if we wanted to move forward. Excellent doctor overall.
Trust the process and dont give up. Be honest and open with him.
Felt like a human because he had great bedside manner. He took the time to explain things thoroughly. He would call us by name and took our calls.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
The clinic has great hours, they are flexible as well. Only downfall would be I preferred the Burlington location which has limited hours but again at their other locations theres plenty of availability. They also informed me of costs up front so there were no hidden surprises.
My costs were covered by insurance primarly. I had out of pocket expenses with IUI and medications.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Sawin is caring and kind but does not always take time to explain things in full detail as I would like. I feel his method is an "overview" approach to not stress patients out but I left appointments feeling like I wanted more information and would often call the clinic the next day to clarify.... Tubal removal due to two blocked tubes. One IVF cycle day 5 fresh transfer-miscarriage at 6 weeks. One FET cycle- miscarriage at 10 weeks s/p no heartbeat at 7 weeks Increased hormone dosage or progesterone for FET cycle with better results
The weakness [at South Jersey Fertility Center] for me would be the transfer clinic which always felt disorganized and chaotic. I never left an egg retrieval or transfer feeling calmed but more so anxious and felt like this was always the downfall in my care.... He [Dr. Stephen Saawin] only has office hours in the Sewell location once a week. Come prepared with all questions you would like answered and do some of your own research.
European, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He only has office hours in the Sewell location once a week. Come prepared with all questions you would like answered and do some of your own research.
Caring staff especially the nursing staff
Kind and compassionate. Personal and remember you by name and your treatment experiences.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
The weakness for me would be the transfer clinic which always felt disorganized and chaotic. I never left an egg retrieval or transfer feeling calmed but more so anxious and felt like this was always the downfall in my care.
$750 to freeze embryos $5,000 PGS testing (not elected) Approx med cost $800 Insurance Coverage in the state of NJ
Dr. Sawin personally has directed me towards single embryo transfer while other clinicians in the practice have mentioned multiple embryo transfers to me.

2009 - 2012
He [Dr. Robert Skaf] seemed a bit officious at first, but when he examined my husband, he seemed to have a good understanding that this was male infertility that was holding us up. He sent us to a good urologist and when that was done, we were set up for ICSI. I trusted him and his office.... He listened to our concerns and had a well thought out plan for action. It was successful the first time.
I thought the clinic [S. Jersey Fertility Center] worked very well. There are many appointments, blood work, medicine checks, consultations and procedures that were required, and there was never a problem scheduling them. I usually went in first thing in the morning, and it was very easy.... They preferred to do two embryos with fresh, and their policy for frozen was to definitely put in two at a time. I don't remember having a choice with fresh, but there seemed to be no choice with frozen.
2009 - 2012
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He seemed a bit officious at first, but when he examined my husband, he seemed to have a good understanding that this was male infertility that was holding us up. He sent us to a good urologist and when that was done, we were set up for ICSI. I trusted him and his office.
Be honest.
I can't remember specifics, but we got started at the end of my December cycle, just as we planned. I gave myself shots every morning it seemed for about two months, through the time of egg retrieval and embryo placement.
They were very helpful. The same woman took my blood every other morning for the first couple of weeks, and we cried together (happy and scared tears) when we found out we were, in fact, having twins.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
I thought the clinic worked very well. There are many appointments, blood work, medicine checks, consultations and procedures that were required, and there was never a problem scheduling them. I usually went in first thing in the morning, and it was very easy.
I had great insurance coverage, so I just paid my $30 or $40 copay when I came in, didn't pay more than $200 or $300 for meds.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Sawin was knowledgeable but wasn’t very comforting in such a tough time in someone’s life. Multiple times we had to call for results on our own.... I didn’t really feel like a priority, had to call and ask for results.... I opted to have my genetics tested and pay out of pocket to do so, labs were suppose to be drawn with day 3 labs. I was told they would take about a month to come in, so I followed up a month later only to find out they were never collected or sent.
We did not have a good experience at this office. The staff [South Jersey Fertility Center] was extremely unprofessional. When I was trying to coordinate my appointments around working Mon-Fri 9-5 I was told “if you can’t do these days we can just wait for the next cycle”... I opted to have my genetics tested and pay out of pocket to do so, labs were suppose to be drawn with day 3 labs. I was told they would take about a month to come in, so I followed up a month later only to find out they were never collected or sent.
How was your experience with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Dr. Sawin was knowledgeable but wasn’t very comforting in such a tough time in someone’s life. Multiple times we had to call for results on our own. Dr. Sawin was knowledgeable but wasn’t very comforting in such a tough time in someone’s life. Multiple times we had to call for results on our own.
Stay on top of the office, call frequently, make sure correct labs are being drawn.
I didn’t really feel like a priority, had to call and ask for results.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
We did not have a good experience at this office. The staff was extremely unprofessional. When I was trying to coordinate my appointments around working Mon-Fri 9-5 I was told “if you can’t do these days we can just wait for the next cycle”
Copays for every visit(consult, lab work, semen analysis)

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
[Dr. Sawin] patiently explained everything in a matter of fact manner...He was easy to work with and gave complete and full information. He outlined all treatment options and explained everything as we completed each step so far... we're still in the process of the donor egg cycle. Prior to beginning the cycle, we did a salpingectomy to remove a blocked fallopian tube.... He was so thorough and easy to work with
I've been happy with [South Jersey Fertility Center] since Day 1. I think they could explain donor egg cycle costs a little better with respect to gaps in insurance coverage after pre-authorization. They are easy to deal with. They are affiliated with a few different OB/GYN offices in the area (Regional Women's Health Group, Garden State OB/GYN)...we're still in the process of the donor egg cycle. Prior to beginning the cycle, we did a salpingectomy to remove a blocked fallopian tube.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
I have not yet identified any weaknesses in working with Dr. Sawin. He was easy to work with and gave complete and full information. He outlined all treatment options and explained everything as we completed each step so far.
They don't need to do anything special. He was so thorough and easy to work with, there are no special considerations.
He patiently explained everything in a matter of fact manner.
So far, we're still in the process of the donor egg cycle. Prior to beginning the cycle, we did a salpingectomy to remove a blocked fallopian tube.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
I've been happy with the clinic since Day 1. I think they could explain donor egg cycle costs a little better with respect to gaps in insurance coverage after pre-authorization. They are easy to deal with. They are affiliated with a few different OB/GYN offices in the area (Regional Women's Health Group, Garden State OB/GYN).
Office visits, bloodwork, medications for donor, donor procedures
We have not completed a transfer yet.
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Skaf was very professional but at the same time very warm and friendly. He listened to our concerns and explained things in a very detailed manner that we were able to understand. When we left after a consultation we felt hopeful in our next steps and optimistic about his approach.... Every transfer we have done has been a multiple embryo transfer.... He is kind and I can feel that he is trying to help myself and my husband with our wants for a family.
Only weakness is the doing blood work in the morning, if you don't get there [South Jersey Fertility Center] super early you end up waiting for a while. Same goes for appointments, it is hit or miss with how long you might wait to get to see a doctor.... [Nurse] Very detailed and organized and explained protocols and scheduling in detail.... Dr. Skaf was very professional but at the same time very warm and friendly.... He is very nice and stays current with modern medicine
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He is very nice and stays current with modern medicine
Very personal, warm, and friendly every time I saw him. He is kind and I can feel that he is trying to help myself and my husband with our wants for a family.
Very detailed and organized and explained protocols and scheduling in detail.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
Only weakness is the doing blood work in the morning, if you don't get there super early you end up waiting for a while. Same goes for appointments, it is hit or miss with how long you might wait to get to see a doctor.
My deductible/out of pocket for health insurance.
Every transfer we have done has been a multiple embryo transfer.

2005 - 2012
The first IVF resulted in pregnancy, however, my progesterone was low. I wish he [Dr. Peter Van Deerlin] had been more aggressive about helping to get my progesterone levels higher. Along those lines, I felt that my protocol should have changed after my first cycle did not produce very many eggs despite a large number of follicles. He was pretty resistant to trying other protocols....The clinic [South Jersey Fertility Center] was beginning to become very large. I am sure had I continued treatment there I would not have been happy with how patients were beginning to be herded in and out to accommodate a number of people.
The clinic [South Jersey Fertility Center] was beginning to become very large. I am sure had I continued treatment there I would not have been happy with how patients were beginning to be herded in and out to accommodate a number of people....I wish he [Dr. Peter Van Deerlin] had been more aggressive about helping to get my progesterone levels higher. Along those lines, I felt that my protocol should have changed after my first cycle did not produce very many eggs despite a large number of follicles. He was pretty resistant to trying other protocols.
2005 - 2012
This was quite a long time ago. The first IVF resulted in pregnancy, however, my progesterone was low. I wish he had been more aggressive about helping to get my progesterone levels higher. Along those lines, I felt that my protocol should have changed after my first cycle did not produce very many eggs despite a large number of follicles. He was pretty resistant to trying other protocols.
Do your homework and be proactive about what you want from the clinic.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
The clinic was beginning to become very large. I am sure had I continued treatment there I would not have been happy with how patients were beginning to be herded in and out to accommodate a number of people.
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr Stephen Sawin] is very caring and patient but also is very honest. I like that....Again, Feel he is very thorough. Lets you know all options and risks and gives his medical advice, but supports your decision. He is very smart and very kind...co pay under my insurance...[South Jersey Fertility Center] is friendly, warm and clean and very close to me.
you are in good hands
He is very caring and patient but also is very honest. I like that.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
It is friendly, warm and clean and very close to me.
co pay under my insurance.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Dr. Van Deerlin was kind, positive, knew my name and history, and was always careful to explain any answers fully, and give detailed explanations of procedures....As an IVF patient, I was a "regular" visit to the Center, and all of the nurses were very positive and supportive with my care.
As an IVF patient, I was a "regular" visit to the [South Jersey Fertility] Center, and all of the nurses were very positive and supportive with my care....Dr. Van Deerlin was kind, positive, knew my name and history, and was always careful to explain any answers fully, and give detailed explanations of procedures.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Van Deerlin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Medication per IVF cycle was $14000.
+ Read more- Read less
After the consultation he [Dr. Van Deerlin] called in progesterone to bring on my menses, scheduled blood work and an hsg procedure. The hsg came back with clear tubes, no blockages. He then put me on prometrium to bring on my cycle and I went in for an transvaginal US during my cycle to check for any cysts...timed intercourse...He’s personable and caring. He made me confident in his capabilities and I never doubted his treatment plan. I was able to go home and rest my head assured.
I honestly can’t think of one weakness [at South Jersey Fertility Center]. There’s too many strengths to list. For instance you’re never waiting very long until they call you back. This practice is professional, knowledgeable and empathetic to your individual situation and needs...Couldn’t have been more compassionate, patient or thorough...I was covered under my insurance plan. Most procedures and medications, if not all, were covered...
He explained the female anatomy, PCOS, the treatment plan and the fertilization process in depth. I left his clinic stress free, happy and full of confidence. I learned medical knowledge regarding pregnancy and the experience is irreplaceable. He also has a billing department that ensures everyone is on the same page, meaning the insurance company and the patient.
You will not regret seeing Dr. Van Deerlin or anyone at South Jersey Fertility. They are the best of the best. My advice to anyone going here is trust the process and know he is the best of the best, you couldn’t be in better hands.
Describe the protocols Peter Van Deerlin used in your cycles at South Jersey Fertility Center and their degree of success.
After the consultation he called in progesterone to bring on my menses, scheduled blood work and an hsg procedure. The hsg came back with clear tubes, no blockages. He then put me on prometrium to bring on my cycle and I went in for an transvaginal US during my cycle to check for any cysts. No sign of cysts so we proceeded with Letrozole 7.5mg a day for 5 days during my cycle. Followed by bloodwork and transvaginal ultrasounds twice a week to monitor the follicles. The week after my cycle was my fourth US appointment, I had two follicles 20mm+ Followed by the trigger shot with timed intercourse. I was having intercourse leading up to this appointment as well during the fertile window. Now we’re 2 weeks and 4 days after the trigger shot and we’re pregnant!
Promptly returned any and all phone calls with any questions or concerns. Couldn’t have been more compassionate, patient or thorough.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
I honestly can’t think of one weakness. There’s too many strengths to list. For instance you’re never waiting very long until they call you back. This practice is professional, knowledgeable and empathetic to your individual situation and needs.
Describe Peter Van Deerlin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at South Jersey Fertility Center.
7.5mg Letrozole, ovidrel shot and timed intercourse
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr. Robert Skaf] was passionate and very understanding. He took the time to explain everything and what he was doing. He answered all of my questions and/or concerns. I would definitely recommend South Jersey Fertility to anyone who is looking to start a family.... The team of doctors are great and really care about their patients.
Clinic [South Jersey Fertility Center- Marlton]was very nice, Clean and staff was very friendly. I never had to wait a long time to be seen. They were always so helpful and considerate. I would recommend this clinic to anyone who is looking to start a family.... Jill [a nurse] was excellent. She was very caring and answered all of my questions.
Other, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He was passionate and very understanding. He took the time to explain everything and what he was doing. He answered all of my questions and/or concerns. I would definitely recommend South Jersey Fertility to anyone who is looking to start a family.
The team of doctors are great and really care about their patients.
They took the time to explain everything. Everyone on the staff was friendly and explained everything. I was treated like a person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
Jill was excellent. She was very caring and answered all of my questions.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
Clinic was very nice, Clean and staff was very friendly. I never had to wait a long time to be seen. They were always so helpful and considerate. I would recommend this clinic to anyone who is looking to start a family.
Mostly my insurance covered it.
+ Read more- Read less

The front desk staff [South Jersey Fertility Center] were nice. When you see the nurse she was knowledgeable of everything and then when seeing the dr [Dr. Skaf] he was very nice and explained everything from beginning to end. Was very eager to start right away....Wouldn’t change anything was a smooth process. All paperwork is available online to complete prior to appointment. After seeing the dr the insurance department sends you an explanation of your benefits and other options available... They explain everything and listen to you.
The front desk staff [South Jersey Fertility Center] were nice. When you see the nurse she was knowledgeable of everything and then when seeing the dr [Dr. Skaf] he was very nice and explained everything from beginning to end....They explain everything and listen to you. They’re ready to help you achieve pregnancy... Wouldn’t change anything was a smooth process. All paperwork is available online to complete prior to appointment. After seeing the dr the insurance department sends you an explanation of your benefits and other options available
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
The front desk staff were nice. When you see the nurse she was knowledgeable of everything and then when seeing the dr he was very nice and explained everything from beginning to end. Was very eager to start right away.
He’s great