Southeastern Fertility Clinic

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
North Charleston
9221 University Blvd
North Charleston, SC 29406
843 881-3900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Southeastern Fertility Clinic to a friend?
1 doctor
2013 - 2016
The office [Southeastern Fertility Clinic] was small, but not uncomfortable. It let you feel like you had a more intimate feel with all the staff. They didn't focus on making this a luxurious experience because, let's face it, infertility isn't luxurious. Instead they put their focus on affordability and patient care.... Pam was our care coordinator and nurse at Dr. Patton's office. Her compassion set her apart from others we experienced in the industry. Even after our failed attempts, she called to ask us how we were, what was going on in life, and just to say hi. It wasn't just a business relationship, she truly cared for her patients.
2013 - 2016
Describe your experience with Southeastern Fertility Clinic.
The office was small, but not uncomfortable. It let you feel like you had a more intimate feel with all the staff. They didn't focus on making this a luxurious experience because, let's face it, infertility isn't luxurious. Instead they put their focus on affordability and patient care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Grant Patton at Southeastern Fertility Clinic?
Dr. Patton made sure he took his time with each and every patient that walked through his doors. He was warm, inviting, and great at explaining the details of your treatment. At our first consultation, he spent well over an hour going through the complications of PCOS with me so I knew what I was up against. He would not let me leave until I was comfortable with the situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southeastern Fertility Clinic. (Assigned nurse: Pam)
How was your experience with Grant Patton at Southeastern Fertility Clinic?
Dr. Patton was sincere and authentic. He didn't sugar coat the process which I appreciated. My favorite thing about him is his encouraging attitude. He warned me that cycles fail but he said, "Don't give up because I'll never give up on you." That just made me feel like he truly wanted the best and to make our dreams of parenting come true. He gave us hope by just uttering a few words, but those few words made all the difference.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Grant Patton at Southeastern Fertility Clinic?
It can be quite intimidating to walk into a clinic and see such an old man as the doctor, but don't let his age and feebleness fool you, he is a miracle worker and prides himself in making dreams come true.
Describe the protocols Grant Patton used in your cycles at Southeastern Fertility Clinic and their degree of success.
Our journey with Dr. Patton was a long one. Our first treatment plan included ovulation induction followed by IUI. I do not remember the exact meds used during these 3 cycles but they were monitored closely with twice a week appointments and constant bloodwork. When our IUI's failed (due to my PCOS causing overstimulation) we worked closely with Dr. Grant to lay out a plan for IVF. He knew our financial situation being that our insurance covered 0% of these treatments and he took it upon himself to write to many grant opportunities trying to get us funding.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Grant Patton at Southeastern Fertility Clinic.
Our 3 IUI cycles cost us around $3,000 each - including meds. IVF was around $20,000 including meds (which our meds were high because of my PCOS and difficulty growing our eggs).
Describe Grant Patton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southeastern Fertility Clinic.
Dr. Patton's clinic would only allow at most, 2 embryos to be transferred during a cycle. While he wanted your chances to be high, he would not put the mom's life in jeopardy or the baby(ies) with the added stress of high multiples.
Grant Patton