Genetic counseling: Offered
661-441-3590
Ventura
2755 Loma Vista Rd
Ventura, CA 93003
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Southern California Reproductive Center to a friend?

6.7

The SCRC Clinic is always PACKED and the time you have scheduled with the doctors is timed down to the second...I did two medicated IUI's back to back. I was put on letrozole with a trigger shot to induce ovulation, then progesterone suppositories during my luteal phase. I'm happy with the treatment used in the IUI, my only point of upset is my progesterone was never tested, neither before the IUI's nor during or after, and months later we found out my body wasn't responding to that progesterone dose. Had they tested my progesterone we could've found that out way earlier. I did not get pregnant with either IUI.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Strength - supposedly one of the best clinics in LA. I have yet to get pregnant, so I can't attest to that just yet. Weaknesses - they take on WAY too many clients and I do feel like it's about money and seeing as many people as they can. People put up with this though because of their supposed high success rates. If you become a patient here, keep notes of every call, meeting, bloodwork appointment. There will be many conversations that are detailed, technical, and since SCRC is so busy, they also will forget some things you need to do. I have had to initiate appointments before, initiate bloodwork, and it would be nice to not have to think about those things myself. Ultimately this is your fertility journey so regardless of how attentive a doctor or clinic is, you should be the one in the drivers seat keeping track of everything. Create a spreadsheet!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center?
The SCRC Clinic is always PACKED and the time you have scheduled with the doctors is timed down to the second. While you are with her, she is really nice, but you can tell that she has other patients to see. Phones will be ringing and she'll answer "on my way" or something similar during our appointment, so I don't really feel like I have time to even think about possible questions.
The nursing staff is great! I feel like because they know Dr. Alexander and other doctors at this clinic are so busy, a lot of the questions/feedback/discussions fall on the nurses. They were always very pleasant and sweet and I never felt rushed by them. The only complaint I have and this is about SCRC in general, nurses included, is they give you very little direction of what the next steps are. For example if you come in for an ultrasound and bloodwork, they will do the ultrasound and then say thanks have a good day, without telling you to do bloodwork next. I always have to go to the front desk to ask. Same if you go to do bloodwork first, I will then have to go to the desk to ask if there's anything else I need to do. The communication between each department is severely lacking.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
How was your experience with Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Carolyn Alexander really does care about her patients, about that I have no doubt. I do think though that since the clinic overall is overloaded, it reduces her ability to spend quality time with patients. Communication with her is short, to the point, and over within a matter of minutes.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Expect her to be blunt, but kind. Don't expect to get a lot of her time and expect to need to call and follow up over and over. She is supposedly one of the best in the LA area, but it's very hard to get time with her so for some, that's not ideal. She did call me one time on a Sunday which was very nice of her, so she will contact you outside of business hours, but the call with be to the point and not a second wasted before she's saying bye.
Describe the protocols Carolyn Alexander used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center.
The IUI's were roughly $800 and ultrasounds were $250. Bloodwork was in the few hundreds as well and each ultrasound and bloodwork were done multiple times a month each month. A consultation appointment with Dr. Alexander was $200 just to say "yes" we are doing IVF even though we were already decided and told the clinic we were decided. We have spent roughly $3,000 for two IUI's and no pregnancies.
Describe Carolyn Alexander's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
We had our consultation for IVF this week so this is the only experience and insight I have on her approach. She shared that after retrieving the eggs, after doing genetic testing, after seeing how many make it to the 5-day stage etc. then we would need to decide if we want to implant one or two embryos. There were no further comments, but it did seem like it was an option she would openly discuss when that time comes.
Beverly Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center.

There was no communication, prescription orders were not made in time for my first IUI cycle, she [nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center] called in sick for 2 out of 2 of the appointments during my first cycle, and she never called / emailed / talked to me in person to apologize...approximately $1,200 per IUI cycle...They [coordinators] are both great and super helpful, kind, and caring. They also are a one stop shop, with storage, ultrasounds, and procedures (IUI at least) all done in house. Weaknesses are definitely COMMUNICATION (never got appointment confirmations unless I asked, if they can't answer the phone you get the LA office answering service, people don't call you back).
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The strengths of the clinic are the administrators, Sam and Aileen. They are both great and super helpful, kind, and caring. They also are a one stop shop, with storage, ultrasounds, and procedures (IUI at least) all done in house. Weaknesses are definitely COMMUNICATION (never got appointment confirmations unless I asked, if they can't answer the phone you get the LA office answering service, people don't call you back).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center?
I didn't see Dr. Rychlik for the majority of the appointments, and when I did it was basically him googling things to show us on the computer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Betty)
My initial nurse was absolutely awful to me. There was no communication, prescription orders were not made in time for my first IUI cycle, she called in sick for 2 out of 2 of the appointments during my first cycle, and she never called / emailed / talked to me in person to apologize. When I finally did get ahold of her, she was cold, rude, and refused to acknowledge how I was treated. It was awful, stressful, and gave me a really terrible first impression of a process that is already difficult.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
How was your experience with Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Aside from the M.D. on his business card, it wasn't very clear to me how good / not good he is at his job. I barely saw him, which is fine if I didn't need to see him, but I felt like if I had questions about next steps they had to go through the clinic which can always mean things get lost in translation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Be ready to do your own research.
Describe the protocols Daniel Rychlik used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
I'm honestly not sure if he properly read my charts and tests. At first he thought my tests would be "lower" but when he got the results and read them to me on the phone he said everything was "good", but I didn't really know what that meant. There wasn't really a strategy, at least not one that was explained to me or my wife.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center.
approximately $1,200 per IUI cycle
Describe Daniel Rychlik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Santa Barbara

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center.

Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
SCRC is a wonderful clinic, a literal one stop shop. They have their own surgery center, cryo lab, embryologists, phlebotomists, etc. They typically run on time (as long as you are on time), my typical wait time was no more than 15 minutes. Everything is bright and clean, exactly what you would envision a BH fertility clinic to be! Parking is ample and all around, however I do not recommend using the lot connected to the building unless you want to spend even more money on top of your expensive fertility treatments! Make sure you don't wear any fragrances or colognes as us ladies are sensitive to smells when on medications, but more importantly fragrance can damage embryos.
I definitely feel as though I am treated much more like a human rather than a number. The front desk staff, nurses, ultrasound technicians, phlebotomists and lab techs do a great job at establishing relationships with you. They always call you by name, typically recall conversations you have had previously, and are genuinely excited for you when you reach a new milestone.
Sometimes the nurses were wonderful, they were knowledgable and compassionate, and sometimes it was the exact opposite, it all depended on who was responding to you that day! Same thing with response time, sometimes it was immediate and sometimes it was much longer. The nurses I correspond with I rarely if ever interact with in the office so it is difficult to establish a relationship.
Dr Alexander is a wonderful doctor and person, she is very compassionate and caring, I just wish she was more aggressive. I am on the older side for fertility treatment and I went in ready to go full force ahead, however she has more of the wait and see approach. She is very knowledgable and positive, and has a wonderful bedside manner.
Go in with a list of questions, be ready to ask why/why not, and push for what you want. You are your best advocate when it comes to your treatment plan, fight for what is right for you.
IUI 1: Letrozole, trigger shot & Progesterone suppositories, switched from Clomid as my family has a history of breast cancer. Negative pregnancy test. IUI 2: Letrozole, Gonal F, trigger shot, & Progesterone suppositories - Added Gonal F to make more follicles. Negative pregnancy test. HSG IUI 3: Gonal F, Dexamethasone, trigger shot, Progesterone suppositories, 2 Sperm donor vials 24 hours apart. - Added dexamethasone for inflammation, and a second vial of sperm (one at 12 hours post trigger, second at 36 hours post trigger). Negative pregnancy test. IUI 4: Gonal F, trigger shot, Progesterone suppositories, 2 Sperm donor vials 24 hours apart. First time having symptoms but they went away after 3 days, negative pregnancy test. Implantation Blood Panel IVF Egg Retrieval: Birth control pills, Lupron, Ganarelex, Cetrotide, Gonal F, Follistim, Omnitrope, Dexamethasone, Menopur, Trigger shot. I also added Co-Q10 & DHEA to my vitamins. 29 follicles retrieved, 11 made it to day 5, 6 were cleared via genetic testing. FET 1: Lupron, Birth control pill, baby aspirin, Estrace, Progesterone in Oil, Endometrin.
When I had insurance (I was laid off in the middle of my retrieval cycle), all of my appointments were covered with my $30 copay, plus $70 lab fee for each IUI, plus $1,000 per sperm vial. My total cost for the 4 IUIs under Dr Alexander was $8700. IVF retrieval cycle: $15,400 + $6000 for medication= $21,400 FET 1: $3780 + $1500 for medication= $5280 ERA: $2785 Grand total: $38,165
No opinion.
Beverly Hills

While they [So Cal Repro Ctr] seem to use cutting edge technology, state of the art equipment and have a lovely office space I feel that they were almost always overbooked and the personal I knew personally was the ultra sound tech. ... This is was the best of the experience. The early AM (6:30) appts saved me. ... There were a few times my meds weren't called into pharmacy and few times I had to remind them that was also supposed to be on blood thinners.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
While they seem to use cutting edge technology, state of the art equipment and have a lovely office space I feel that they were almost always overbooked and the personal I knew personally was the ultra sound tech.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shahin Ghadir at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Even thought the nurses and Dr. Ghadir were up to date with my information and progress when we spoke it felt they were reading chart. The office was always very busy and things felt rushed - there would have been no time to actually cultivate a relationship.
There were two nurses that I worked with via email, but I don't feel like I really ever saw them. The person I connected most with was the ultra sound technician -- she was great!
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
How was your experience with Shahin Ghadir at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Ghadir was very kind and easy to talk to when we were meeting - although he often seemed rushed and sometimes pushy. At first he seemed cautious and then once we had success with freezing healthy embryos he became very positive. His positive attitude is what made us feel confident to move forward but then we did not have success we felt tricked.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shahin Ghadir at Southern California Reproductive Center?
I would advise people to be weary of his positive attitude, to take it with a grain of salt.
Describe the protocols Shahin Ghadir used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Ghadir suggested I see a rheumatologist as that is what he thought was the cause of my miscarriages. If were to try again, even without Dr. Ghadir I would continue to see my rheumatolgist -- he put me on several meds including a blood thinner shot.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Southern California Reproductive Center.
This is was the best of the experience. The early AM (6:30) appts saved me. If I was the first client to arrive I could be out in 15 min and not be late to work!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shahin Ghadir at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Towards the end of treatment Dr Ghadir started to take my insurance -- most was not covered but it did make a small difference. We spent approx. $40,000.
Describe Shahin Ghadir's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
I asked for multiple transfer and it did not come back positive test, moving forward Dr. Ghadir said he would only do single.
Beverly Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shahin Ghadir at Southern California Reproductive Center.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
It's a well organized office [Southern California Reproductive Center] that has a streamlined process that seems to work. It can get really busy there because there are many doctors. In terms of getting an appointment with the doctor I can usually get one same week and it's really easy, even my first consultation ever! ... When I had the MCs they [nurses] were extremely nice compassionate and kind and knew exactly what to say to me to make me feel as comforted as I could without being too abrasive or anything.
European, Black or African-American, Other
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
It's a well organized office that has a streamlined process that seems to work. It can get really busy there because there are many doctors. In terms of getting an appointment with the doctor I can usually get one same week and it's really easy, even my first consultation ever!
She calls sometimes with results after scans but she is also very busy so can't always spend a lot of time talking or answering questions. When she does speak to me about tough news she does actually spend time talking to me and she seems to really care even though you know she has to deliver bad news to people quite often in this field.
There are 2 nurses on Dr. Alexander's staff and they were very very nice and always got right back to me via email or call whenever I had questions. When I had the MCs they were extremely nice compassionate and kind and knew exactly what to say to me to make me feel as comforted as I could without being too abrasive or anything. They got 2 new nurses since I started treatment again after my break and they are just as sweet.
Dr. Alexander is a very kind and insightful doctor who I have been seeing for much longer than either of us thought (not her fault). I have done 2 IUIs that ended in mc and 2 that have failed and I'm currently on my 5th. I ended up taking a 6 month break after my 2nd mc due to waiting for blood test results that needed time in between for accurate diagnosis. Luckily Dr. Alexander allowed me to do these tests after only 2 MCs (instead 3 which is typical RPL). Thank God she let me because turns out I have MTHFR Gene mutation and a blood clotting disorder which means I need to do blood thinning injections once I'm pregnant. I wouldn't have known any of this if Dr. Alexander didn't take the time to speak with me and let me know my options prior to potentially going through another miscarriage! Sometimes you need to ask her as many questions as you can or she won't really give you the information right up front so I've learned to ask exactly what I want to know from her and then she'll tell me. Also at the clinic there are many other doctors and she is the only one I ever see walking though the halls and she always stops by her patients just to ask how they are doing and how they are feeling. Overall I'm glad I have her as my doctor going into my second year of fertility treatment.
Always ask her your specific questions if you are confused or didnt get all the info you wanted. Sometimes she can be very vague but once you ask she'll answer & clarify.
She had me do 5 days of letrozole and none of my follicles grew. So she had me wait a couple days and then start gonal f injections. I quickly had a big follicle after only 3 days so then I did trigger shot and IUI a day later. It got me pregnant (ended in mc) so the next cycle she had me mimic it and I got pregnant again (mc) then I took a break. The last 2 IUIs I did we're the same exact protocol but they didn't work. This one I wanted to do higher dose of gonal f but she's worried I'll produce too many mature follicles. So we'll see what this one's outcome is. When you go in for scans there is a tech who does it and then she or the nurses will call you after with instructions of what to do next. They also email so it's a pretty easy streamlined process.
I have fertility insurance through my husband's work so they bill insurance but cost out of pocket seems to be pretty general.
Beverly Hills

The office [SCRC] is jam packed, waiting room is crazy filled with people and half the time you aren’t even sure if you’re being called for blood or what. Even the nurses might ask what you’re waiting for. ... I may have been a newbie, but I also feel like every new patient should be talked through the process. The billing process was easy and they were nice to deal with, although we were paying out of pocket, so not sure about insurance being involved.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic is busy, there are two sign in sheets - one for appointments and one for blood work. Most of the time I wasn’t sure if I needed to do blood work or not and I’d just sign in on the regular sheet, then 45 minutes later after waiting, I was told to sign in on the blood test sheet... I’m not sure how I would know if no one told me I’d be doing a blood test. Since it was my firstborn RE experience I may have been a newbie, but I also feel like every new patient should be talked through the process. The billing process was easy and they were nice to deal with, although we were paying out of pocket, so not sure about insurance being involved.
The office is jam packed, waiting room is crazy filled with people and half the time you aren’t even sure if you’re being called for blood or what. Even the nurses might ask what you’re waiting for.
The nursing staff was good, but seemed overwhelmed sometimes. It almost felt like they were the doctors while they did the ultrasound and then when they called with the prescriptions advising you on dosage, etc. They were sweet and answered most questions, but were a bit short with their answers.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Alexander was super thorough and easy to talk to, when we were able to see her. My husband initially went in just for a semen analysis (referred by my OBGYN) and we were able to do a consultation once his results were in.. he had a 1% morph. She went through some basic questions with us and she explained our options (IUI, IVF, etc). We didn’t make a decision and she called me a couple weeks later to check in, I was midway through my cycle like day 12 and she said we should try an IUI, she prescribed me injections and they were delivered to my house... Never did any testing before or an ultrasound... Strange now in hindsight, but I had no clue standard procedure. I’m sure she just wanted to give my follicles an extra oomph. I went in after the injections for an ultrasound, but never saw Dr. Alexander for those, only a nurse and Dr. Alexander would call me after with her take on my follies + a plan. Eventually we did the trigger and scheduled an IUI 36 hours after. The IUI process was with her and she was great through it, although only saw her for the insemination. She prescribed progesterone and sent me on my way. I started my period and came in for an ultrasound with a nurse and the nurse mentioned it looked like I might have cysts. Dr. Alexander called me after and said she thought they were follicles that were big and I was going to ovulate any day... it was CD3 and I wasn’t on any medication, I normally ovulate on CD16... I got a weird feeling and decided not to continue with her and the office, it felt like my care wasn’t being considered and they were using a one size fits all procedure. Dr. Alexander was a cheerleader through the process and genuinely wants you to get pregnant, but it seems like she sees too many patients and can’t give them individualized care.
She is genuinely sweet and means every word she says to you, she’s extremely hopeful... But make sure to ask a lot of questions and be your own advocate through the process if something doesn’t feel right.
We did Gonal-F injections 75IU CD12-14, an HCG shot on CD15 and an IUI on CD17. Started progesterone suppositories CD19 at night til period started on CD28
I can’t remember fully, but I know the ultrasound and office visits were more expensive than my current RE... I want to say it was $190 per visit for a standard ultrasound and the IUI was around $500.
Beverly Hills

When I first set up my appointment, the nurses [SCRC] were friendly. At the appointment, they were very neutral, and had very little interaction. When I asked for my medical files, because I wanted to see someone else, they were hard to deal with. I was told I couldn't have my medical records until I saw the doctor again, the eventually changed their story when I said that I had a right to my own medical records. I was never able to get them, but my new doctor was able to do so.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
A strength would be that it is in Ventura. That is the only strength I can think of. The office unusually warm in the waiting room, which made the visit all the more nerve wracking to start. I had a horrible experience with the doctor, and an acquaintance from when I was young had a similar experience with the clinic.
Dr. Rychlik treated me like a number. He told me on the first consultation that I would need IVF, and that he didn't want to try any other treatment. He did not order an HSG test for me, because he said he didn't even care. Dr. Rychlik was going to order, but had not even seen the results of my husband's semen analysis. The reason for this is that he said that my egg reserve was low. He told me this just on the basis of an ultrasound, no additional testing. It seemed all about the money.
When I first set up my appointment, the nurses were friendly. At the appointment, they were very neutral, and had very little interaction. When I asked for my medical files, because I wanted to see someone else, they were hard to deal with. I was told I couldn't have my medical records until I saw the doctor again, the eventually changed their story when I said that I had a right to my own medical records. I was never able to get them, but my new doctor was able to do so.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Rychlik made me feel like I was not intelligent, and that I was going to be emotional. After telling me on the first visit that I would need IVF, he said to me "you probably stopped listening already" and then he indicated the he would start directing the conversation to my husband. I was not crying and was paying complete attention. My husband is actually the type to have his mind start spinning, and stop paying attention. Dr. Rychlik was googling images to show me, he had nothing prepared as a presentation. He said multiple time, "that's not the picture I want. There's a graph I really like." He was not prepared. Dr. Rychlik gave me a treatment plan, IVF, after just one visit, without an HSG test, and without a semen analysis. After now seeing a different doctor and talking with a family friend who is an OBGYN, I know this is a crazy plan after just one visit.
Please do not see him.
We did not get to begin a cycle, because I was unsatisfied with his diagnosis after only an ultrasound. I did not trust him and I believe he just wanted my money.
I provided my insurance information before the appointment because they told me that they needed do talk to my insurance before the appointment. Then when I went then still didn't know if my insurance would cover the ultrasound. The Dr. called the nurse in to get me to approve the cost of the ultrasound in case my insurance wouldn't cover it. I did not end up paying because my insurance did cover it. I only went to that one appointment, so I had no other costs.
Santa Barbara

The weaknesses [Southern CA Reproductive Ctr] would be the communication. I feel like the financial person could do a better job reviewing costs. I also think the staff can do a better job communicating what will happen next. I thin kthey might assume that everyone knows the drill. This is still very foreign to me.... She [nurse] was very helpful. She was my point of contact for most things. Very responsive and knowledgable.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The weaknesses would be the communication. I feel like the financial person could do a better job reviewing costs. I also think the staff can do a better job communicating what will happen next. I thin kthey might assume that everyone knows the drill. This is still very foreign to me.
Because he actually knew what was going on, my chart, whetehr he looked at it right before he saw me or not I dont know. But Ive been to a doctor that had no clue what was going on or that i was even a patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Betty )
She was very helpful. She was my point of contact for most things. Very responsive and knowledgable.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
He was always very nice. Funny. Explained things when I needed. Kept me up to date on what was going on. I don't like to stress so a doctor with a sense of humor can definitely lighten the mood. I am also not the type of patient to ask a ton of questions as I put my trust in the doctor and know that this is their specialty and not mine. This is my second fertility clinic and I'm under the impression that none of them hold your hand through anything really because they have way too many patients. With that said If I needed something or had a question I would just email my nurse.
Be ready to laugh.
I dont know that their was necessarily a strategy. I am under the impression that this protocol is for everyone and not just me. So Iwouldnt say I feel special or anything. 225 of Menopur, 225 of gonal f. Take prenatal, COQ10 and DHEA.
So far Ive spent almost 18k but medications are very expensive
We havent discussed
Santa Barbara

Clinic [SRC - BH] is clean, modern, sophisticated. The hours are good and open early enough so that I could get my blood drawn before heading to work. In the early part of process, I think they could improve on how they reach out to a new prospective client as I felt like I had to initially chase the answers/information.... Nurses have thus far been able to answer questions that I have either via email or phone. At times, I might have to call back to get a more timely answer, but overall they have been responsive.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Clinic is clean, modern, sophisticated. The hours are good and open early enough so that I could get my blood drawn before heading to work. In the early part of process, I think they could improve on how they reach out to a new prospective client as I felt like I had to initially chase the answers/information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wendy Chang at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Chang made me and my partner feel welcomed from the beginning. She was thorough and delicate in explaining our treatment plan, reading of lab results and clear with next steps. She made us feel very calm and confident even with such overwhelming and technical information.
Nurses have thus far been able to answer questions that I have either via email or phone. At times, I might have to call back to get a more timely answer, but overall they have been responsive. When communicating, they appear warm, friendly and helpful. One suggestion would be for them to introduce themselves so that I could get to know their names as I know I'll be working with them more closely over the next few months.
How was your experience with Wendy Chang at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Chang has been thorough in explaining information to us. She appears like she cares and wants to optimize our chances of getting pregnant. She communicates in a clear manner, often speaking slowly and calmly, which is appreciated given the technicalities of IVF.
Describe the protocols Wendy Chang used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
I have not completed a full cycle yet, but Dr. Chang is currently preparing for IVF and has suggested a number of supplements to optimize our health. We've gone through many pre-tests and ultrasounds that have helped her give her a baseline of our health. I appreciate her having us take our time to improve our chances instead of rushing into the procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wendy Chang at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Genetic screening, consultation office visits, ultrasounds, cycle day 2 labs, supplements
Beverly Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Wendy Chang at Southern California Reproductive Center.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
It's like a factory. The waiting room [So Cal Reproductive Ctr] - Beverly Hills] is bustling sometimes beyond what's tolerable. There are t.v.s to watch in the waiting room. It's almost impossible to get anyone to answer the phone or call you back. The financial department is not helpful and was absent the entire time (there were mistakes.) . The lab techs are very nice and on it.... The nurses were great in person. All of them were warm and knowledgable. They were sometimes hard to get a hold of and I would have to follow up on medications because occasionally something slipped between the cracks.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
It's like a factory. The waiting room is bustling sometimes beyond what's tolerable. There are t.v.s to watch in the waiting room. It's almost impossible to get anyone to answer the phone or call you back. The financial department is not helpful and was absent the entire time (there were mistakes.) . The lab techs are very nice and on it.
Dr. Alexander was compassionate and caring to a fault. This was just what we needed in the beginning but as things went wrong this actually made the process more difficult because she had strong feelings which were sometimes hard to deal with. The nurses were compassionate when I saw them and always knew my name and had a positive and caring attitude no matter what was happening.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
We started doing IVF for male factor (1 % morphology) after I had two chemical pregnancies. Dr. Alexander was extremely compassionate and thorough with testing before we started a cycle. She was confident I would get pregnant as everything on my side looked amazing. Our egg retrieval went great, with 4 PGS normal embryos. Our first transfer was delayed because she found polyps and I was scheduled for a hysteroscopy to remove them. While under she found a uterine septum and removed that as well. Then I tested slightly positive for irregular uterine cells and did a course of antibiotics. We finally started our transfer cycle only to be cancelled because my lining wasn't responding to the meds properly. We started again with a different type of estrogen priming and went ahead with our first transfer which resulted in a pregnancy. Dr. Alexander was more excited than me, as I was cautiously optimistic because I knew one beta test is not the whole picture. Our second beta came back lower than they would have liked and we did a third one which was normal. After this we waited to do an ultrasound at which point things did not look good. I was told this news during the ultrasound which was very upsetting. We had to go back several times to keep watching and I eventually started to miscarry and took drugs to help it along. Transfer 2 failed, which was shocking to everyone. We met with Dr. Alexander and she suggested an ERA and seeing a hematologist, which didn't make total sense to me. I said, why don't we do one more transfer before we do all that and she suggested another hysteroscopy before a transfer and the plan was to do a third transfer before she left for the holidays. We did the hysteroscopy where she removed a small piece of tissue but everything else looked great. We then found out that we wouldn't have time to do the transfer we talked about doing so I suggested doing the ERA while we were waiting for her to get back. We started a mock cycle on their "standard protocol" which did not work at all for me on any level. It was the same hormone protocol as the first cancelled transfer... I expressed concerns about this not working and was told it would be fine. When my lining didn't respond and this cycle was cancelled, I felt like Dr. Alexander started to lose confidence. She said the ERA was no longer necessary as she "didn't want to be chasing her tail around trying to get a good lining." It was disconcerting being told we needed a test and then a week later we didn't. She suggested trying a natural cycle which I started and when she discovered fluid in my uterus (which I believe was there from the cancelled cycle before) we were brought into her office and mid-cycle suggested surrogacy in a very odd way. Asking if I knew anyone who I would want to be my surrogate and saying she wished she could be mine. My husband and I were no where near ready for that conversation and it was very strange to have it brought up in the middle of an FET cycle. The fluid was aspirated, I had a second HSG with her associate (who called me a conundrum during that procedure) and she recommended going ahead with the third transfer. That one failed and we decided to get a second opinion at that point.
Be ready to be in the driver's seat of your fertility journey whether it's following up for results, getting medications called in and doing your research. Dr. Alexander is smart but there were things that were missed along the way and I wish we were given a more realistic idea of what to expect with the entire process.
Egg retrieval was pretty typical. FET changed from estrogen pills to many patches and Viagra, lovenox, steroids and lots of natural supplements and PIO and endometrin when it was time. Final FET was natural (waiting for me to ovulate) with a little patch support and endometrin/PIO shots, lovenox and steroids.
I think a retrieval cycle was listed as a little over $20k but once you add tests and meds its more like $30k. We spent close to $7k for everything for each transfer.
She went back and forth about whether or not to transfer one or two but ultimately agreed with our decision to transfer one at a time... she felt strongly about me not carrying twins for health reasons.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The clinic [S. CA Reproductive Center] is overwhelming, somewhat disorganized and you can you expect long wait times. We were really frustrated by the lack of communication between departments and sometimes had to follow-up multiple times to get an answer to even simple questions. ... About $40K for a two cycle package without the meds. The package included everything necessary to complete the cycle (blood work, ultrasounds, surgery center fees etc..)
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic is overwhelming, somewhat disorganized and you can you expect long wait times. We were really frustrated by the lack of communication between departments and sometimes had to follow-up multiple times to get an answer to even simple questions. If it wasn't for Dr. Chang and our amazing nurse, we would have likely gone to a different practice after the first round.
Incredible bedside manner, very detail oriented, extremely caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley and Kimberly)
the primary nurse was excellent and so were the techs. However, some of the other nurses we worked with were really negligent and had a hard time communicating policy/procedure. We felt fortunate to have the primary nurse that we did (Kimberly) because she was outstanding and really supported us throughout the process.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
She genuinely cares about her patients and will do anything within her ability to help you achieve your desired outcome. She pays close attention to detail and is very articulate. She will explain things as many times a you need to hear them, and give you her undivided attention.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wendy Chang at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Invest in the consult and make sure her style/approach is right for you. Because her practice has one of the best labs in the country, we decided to move forward with her office. We were told the labs were the most important part of the process, but she is also an extremely competent and supportive doctor which you don't always find in this profession.
Since we went through 3 rounds, she did try a variety of medications and approaches. She paid really close attention to my wife's response and made adjustments if/when necessary. The first round was a high dose of meds to which my wife did not respond well to. The next round, she tried a much lower dose and we were able to create one embryo even though we did not retrieve as my eggs. The final round she tried the same process and we got 8 eggs, but unfortunately no embryos. Our situation was a bit unique though because both my wife and I have fertility issues, so our chances of making an embryo together we are finding is pretty low.
Describe Wendy Chang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
She recommended a single embryo transfer for us, because of the inherit risk of having twins.

2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
I feel a bit conflicted about Dr. Danzer's nurses [at Southern California Reproductive Center]. They were warm enough, and I appreciated their timely email responses. But they made several MAJOR errors I had to catch, once with my calendar and another with calling in the correct dosage of meds to my pharmacy. I have heard many other women complain about this same issue. I'm not sure how there have not been more serious consequences for some of the mistakes. I will say, they were always present and available to speak with me at my appointment times. Initially, it was hard to get a hold of them when outside of the office. But then I built a good relationship with one of the nurses, and I think that made a difference.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Again, I did not expect to receive amazing personal care going in to SCRC, given it is a popular/busy office and I had heard other feedback that it is a somewhat business-like environment. I adored my friendly and competent phlebotomists, and the ultrasound technicians were also great! As mentioned, it is very hard to get a hold of anyone over the phone. I made all of my next appointments in person. And my favorite part was the office flexibility and efficiency. They had early morning appointments available, and I could get in and out without having to take time away from work. This was convenient and appreciated.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hal Danzer at Southern California Reproductive Center?
I admit, I did not expect to receive amazing personal care going in to SCRC. I had always been happy with my interactions with the doctors and liked the office when I visited, but I knew it was a popular/busy office and I had heard other feedback that it is a somewhat business-like environment. Dr. Danzer was kind and personable, but I had very little interaction with him. I also feel that my protocol and care was standardized, not personalized. I loved the phlebotomists and the ultrasound technicians! As for Dr. Danzer's nurses, I feel a bit conflicted. They were warm enough, but they made several errors I had to catch and it was somewhat difficult to get a hold of anyone in the office. I will say, I loved the office flexibility and efficiency. They had early morning appointments available, and I could get in and out without having to take time away from work. This was convenient and appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Two primary nurses)
As I mentioned, I feel a bit conflicted about Dr. Danzer's nurses. They were warm enough, and I appreciated their timely email responses. But they made several MAJOR errors I had to catch, once with my calendar and another with calling in the correct dosage of meds to my pharmacy. I have heard many other women complain about this same issue. I'm not sure how there have not been more serious consequences for some of the mistakes. I will say, they were always present and available to speak with me at my appointment times. Initially, it was hard to get a hold of them when outside of the office. But then I built a good relationship with one of the nurses, and I think that made a difference.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
How was your experience with Hal Danzer at Southern California Reproductive Center?
As I mentioned, Dr. Danzer was kind and personable, but I had very little interaction with him. I also feel that my protocol and care was standardized, not personalized. I did have great trust in Dr. Danzer, that he knew what he was doing (his history and notariety speak for themselves) and that he would obtain the best results he could for us. I was okay with a more straight-forward approach, the results were more important to me than bedside manner. However, I would have liked a bit more personal experience and reflection on our specific case.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hal Danzer at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Definitely advocate for yourself, especially with his support staff. And I would try to build as much of a relationship with Dr. Danzer as possible early on. Try to get in front of him, when you can. A couple of times, I had to request to meet with him personally, which was arranged. I think that is helpful. Also, find one friend within his team - that helped us immensely.
Describe the protocols Hal Danzer used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Danzer used a standardized protocol - birth control pills, followed by an antagonist approach of Gonal F (primary) and Menopur (secondary), with Cetrotide and trigger at time of egg retrieval. We have not moved on to the transfer cycle with him yet, so not sure of his protocol there. I felt pretty fine on the medication. The staff met with me for instruction, and offered a helpful website with videos. Because of my age, he did hit me with higher dosages. I was unsure of this, at the time, but now feel that might have been the right way to go. I ended up having to be on the meds for two extra days, for response growth. I came in for ultrasounds and blood draws every other morning. My egg retrieval went smoothly, however I did end up having slight OHSS about one week later. It cleared up the following week. We were happy with our results at first, then a bit disappointed. Retrieved 20, but less than half fertilized. We did send most off for genetic screening, but the majority were abnormal. Dr. Danzer did offer good education on our results, which I appreciated.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hal Danzer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
This was definitely not an inexpensive clinic, but I knew that going in. We were paying for the best. Both Dr. Danzer and the clinic/lab have stellar scores, no question. I was happy with the fact that the clinic did try to find us savings, where possible. I don't know that I would go so far as to say they worked with our budget, but they did try to get us some discounts.
Describe Hal Danzer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
We have not embarked on this part of the process just yet. I believe Dr. Danzer does recommend eSET, which I feel comfortable doing.
Hal Danzer
Beverly Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Hal Danzer at Southern California Reproductive Center.

they [Southern California Reproductive Center] made sure that our insurance was going to cover it before they did anything. They explained to us what cost was going to be expected and then sent a bill in the mail that we paid off very easily right away....The care coordinator takes all the time she has to make you feel comfortable. The only thing i was not happy about was the fact that i tried to get a hold of her one time and didn't get a call back until almost a week later,
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
I haven't been there often yet, but i like how friendly it is and you feel very comfortable there, even in the waiting area and you don't wait a long time until you see your Dr. Its also very clean and you don't feel like you have to worry about catching anything in their bathrooms, either
I feel like a human, because Dr. Ghadir and his team are the first ones to actually listen to me and my concerns. They ask me if i have questions and if i do, they take the time to answer them. I have never received any fertility medication in eight years. I gave up when doctors simply just told me i couldn't get pregnant and Dr. Ghadir told me there is no way that anyone could predict that type of outcome without doing several tests. We have just started with Dr. Ghadir, so we haven't done any meds or anything yet, but when i met them in person, i actually, for the first time in 8 years, felt hopeful that we could have a child in the future and if it's in my cards, i will be a loyal patient to him and his team until the end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Ari and Maria)
The care coordinator takes all the time she has to make you feel comfortable. The only thing i was not happy about was the fact that i tried to get a hold of her one time and didn't get a call back until almost a week later, but when she explained that she fell behind with calling patients back, because she was unable to answer the phone as she was helping patients in person, i definitely understood. She is super nice and caring and you don't feel like just another person that cannot afford IVF. She really cares about you, your journey and your feelings. If you ever have trouble reaching her, write her an e-mail instead, she will be more available through that outlet. If you have issues at all with the communication, i found that approaching it was the best thing i could have done. Getting those awkward assumptions right out of the way. Maria, the nurse is also very nice, but i have not had as much contact with her just yet. She always responds to e-mails promptly and if she is near the phone she answers it quickly. I am actually excited to go the route with them, because i feel well taken care of.
Dr. Ghadir is a very friendly and encouraging fertility specialist that is realistic at the same time. He doesn't waste my time with treatments that may or may not work and suggests to go the route with the best possible outcome. I have not noticed any weaknesses up to this point.
Call the clinic before you schedule an appointment, ask for Ari and ask all questions you have. She may or may not have the answers, but the more answers you get before your consultation, the more time you have to understand the details the Dr. will be providing you with. Due to the location, leave a bit earlier than usual, the roads can be very congested and you may not find parking right away. You don't want to be late, but if you are, call into the office and let them know. They are very understanding. IVF is expensive, so make sure you ask about alternative possibilities that the Dr. can help you with.
Because we need authorizations before any and all services, we weren't able to do many tests, but we were able to do genetic testing and they made sure that our insurance was going to cover it before they did anything. They explained to us what cost was going to be expected and then sent a bill in the mail that we paid off very easily right away. It was $30 for drawing blood.
Santa Barbara

A financial advisor [Southern California Repro Center] is present to assist in the payment options ... Julia is such the sweetest nurse I have come across. She was so warm, friendly and on top of everything. She was the first one I came in contact, she could tell I was nervous ( I was alone) she walked me through a bit, made sure I was comfortable. ... The office staff is genuine and nice as well. I been bragging about this office since I first stepped into it. 5 stars all around!
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
There are 2 different offices on the floor exiting the elevator I was a bit confused. It’s an open concept. That’s about it, front office staff is nice, helpful and willing to answer basic questions and info
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alin Lina Akopians at Southern California Reproductive Center?
My husband and I are really early in the whole process of IVF. We have been trying for almost 4 years. After our primary doctors lead us down the wrong paths I decided to reach out to SCRC in Beverly Hills. First visit Dr. Akopian and her nurse Julia were so warm and explained every detail to me. Dr. Akopian and I sat for over and hour and never in that time did I feel she was rushing through the conversation. She gave me a run down of our options ( at that point ) drew illustrations for me to better understand and made me feel hopeful again.Her Nurse Julia is a total sweetheart and kept up with my weekly to make sure I was getting the proper care for my husband who was seeing the wrong Urologist for 2 years (Recommended by his primary for fertility), Dr. Akopian and Julia (RN) also helped us find him a proper urologist who specializes in fertility for men( whom my husband fell in love with after the first visit). The office staff is genuine and nice as well. I been bragging about this office since I first stepped into it. 5 stars all around!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
Julia is such the sweetest nurse I have come across. She was so warm, friendly and on top of everything. She was the first one I came in contact, she could tell I was nervous ( I was alone) she walked me through a bit, made sure I was comfortable. By the time Dr. Akopian came in she and I were joking about something none related which helped me to relax
How was your experience with Alin Lina Akopians at Southern California Reproductive Center?
She is genuinely warm and compassionate. She explains everything in great detail. She personally called me to give me my results after each test I have had up to date ( US readings, Blood test, Genetics, etc) I never had to chase her down or wait long for my results, Dr. Akopian was on top of it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alin Lina Akopians at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She has answers and is more then willing to educate.
Describe the protocols Alin Lina Akopians used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alin Lina Akopians at Southern California Reproductive Center.
I personally paid out of pocket. Insurance covers some portions. A financial advisor is present to assist in the payment options
Alin Lina Akopians
Beverly Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alin Lina Akopians at Southern California Reproductive Center.

IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological
This clinic [SoCal Repro Ctr] was highly recommend to me by a friend. The fact that I had a positive experience to go by influenced my decision to go there. The only drawback was that the clinic was not in network with our health insurance provider. Their prices were much higher than quoted elsewhere, but the level of care was excellent.... The costs were from consultations, lab and diagnostic methods, plus an on office surgical procedure. I was billed immediately after each visit and was able to pay by credit card.
IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
This clinic was highly recommend to me by a friend. The fact that I had a positive experience to go by influenced my decision to go there. The only drawback was that the clinic was not in network with our health insurance provider. Their prices were much higher than quoted elsewhere, but the level of care was excellent.
I first saw Dr. Wendy Chang when I was in a delicate state... I’d tested positively, then negatively but didn’t have the usual miscarriage symptoms. I just wanted to know what had happened and why. She took a lot of time and care to go over my previous (abroad) medical history and helped me to understand the possible causes for my pregnancy losses. She went ahead and did an ultrasound and confirmed that I was no longer pregnant, making sure I was ok and could cope with the diagnosis. We discussed immune protocols and the way forward. She gave me hope but also backed up her medical advice with hard facts about my condition. She is such a caring individual, and willing to go the distance to help out. I can’t recommend her enough.
Kind and attentive
Dr. Chang’s strengths can be summed up as compassion, communication, and expertise. She won my trust and I am so grateful she was able to add another piece to the fertility puzzle by performing my ERA and helping me understand the clinical facts behind the immune protocol best suited for me. The only drawback is that she is in Southern California and I’ve moved to Northern California, so I can no longer continue treatments with her.
Take the time to read “Is my body baby friendly” before seeing Dr. Chang. She is extremely knowledgeable and open minded regarding reproductive Immunology.
I had several ultrasounds to examine my uterine health. Dr. Chang also evaluated my hormonal health including my thyroid which no other RE had ever bothered to look at. She did my ERA and the results showed that my uterus is pre-receptive by 1 day. This means that all my previous embryo transfers were done outside my receptivity window. Because we need donor sperm due to MF, and it was determined that we would also need a donor egg, Dr. Chang recommended that I seek out IVF with a donated embryo. Her clinic doesn’t provide this service but she went the extra mile to recommend resources.
In my case, I have a long history of implantation failure. Dr. Chang explained the risks and statistics behind both choices to me in a clear way, and advised me according to my diagnosis.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Barat who overseees the lab is brilliant and very likeable...However, the office [SCRC] is very unorganized and very crowded. We found ourselves very frustrated by chaos that we often experienced when waiting to see the doctor, getting instructions or receiving test results. There was a lot of miscommunication and inconsistency in the detail we received which often made us question the quality of care we were getting.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic has one of the best labs in the country, and Dr. Barat who overseees the lab is brilliant and very likeable. Knowing the quality of the lab is what influenced our decision to move forward with SCRC. However, the office is very unorganized and very crowded. We found ourselves very frustrated by chaos that we often experienced when waiting to see the doctor, getting instructions or receiving test results. There was a lot of miscommunication and inconsistency in the detail we received which often made us question the quality of care we were getting. We stuck it out because we really loved Dr. Chang but for a clinic that costs as much as they charge, they really need to work on they improving their general operations.
Dr Chang is very sensitive and compassionate, she is extremely thorough and genuinely cares about her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly, Ashley & Jessica )
Kimberly was amazing, so sweet and overly accommodating/helpful. She was very responsive and on top of of everything. Ashley and Jessica were terrible so after multiple complaints, we requested to work exclusively with Kimberly.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr Chang is a very effective communicator and really takes the time to make sure that all of your questions are answered. She’s extremely knowledgeable and does a lot of additional testing to make sure no stone is left unturned. I always felt 100% comfortable under her care. That being said, after 3 rounds of egg retrieval we only created one embryo. Obviously this was not the result we were hoping for but both my husband and I have fertility issues, so I’m not sure if the outcome can be attributed to her treatment plan. We are now in the midst of getting a second opinion and intend to go through another round with a different doctor to see if we can achieve a better outcome.
Interview multiple clinics to make sure that the approach and methodology is right for you. There are a lot of highly qualified doctors in Los Angeles, and depending on the circumstance there could be specific doctors better suited for your needs. I’m not sure if we made the right choice because we ended going with the first doctor we spoke with, since we felt very comfortable and confident in her approach during our first meeting. Flash forward 3 Years, we are now in the process of getting a second and third opinion because we did not get the outcome we were hoping for. Also, her fees are very expensive and there are many great doctors that charge significantly less.
She started out with a really high dose of injections during the first round to which I did not respond well to. I was on the meds for an extended period of time since my eggs weren’t growing, and they almost canceled my stim. They were able to retrieve 6 mature eggs but none of them fertilized. The next round she put me on a much lower dose of injections and I got 5 eggs but was on a shorter stim cycle and was able to make one embryo. The last round she used the same protocol, I got 8 eggs but none of them fertilized. I also tried to fertilize 4 of the eggs with donor sperm to see if we could improve our chances (since my husband has poor sperm quality) but that didn’t seem to work either.
We did the 2-cycle package which cost about $40k for everything excluding meds
For my age (34), she recommended a single since the odds of it taking are between 65-70%. She mentioned for older patients she would be more inclined to transfer 2.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Chang's office [Southern California Reproductive Center] was very busy and runs like a superstore compared to visits to your general physician. However, they were very efficient, and nice. So not necessarily a negative, but still an adjustment.... Although they extracted 11 eggs, unfortunately, we did not end up with any viable embryos. Despite the huge disappointment, I felt that Dr. Chang put us in a position to achieve the best possible results, even though ultimately unsuccessful.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Black or African-American
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
We used two different doctors for our two cycles, and you have to adjust to the frantic, "conveyor-belt" office visits. Dr. Chang's office was very busy and runs like a superstore compared to visits to your general physician. However, they were very efficient, and nice. So not necessarily a negative, but still an adjustment.
During in office appointments with Dr Chang, we received 100% of her attention.
Dr. Chang, was very knowledgeable, and took the time to fully access our specific situation, explain the IVF process, risks, and likely results. Going through IVF requires you to process an incredible amount of information and in a short period. This coupled with the obvious emotional and financial stakes, we naturally had a lot of questions to make sure we maximized our chances of success. So we required and she happily gave us her full attention during visits. We never felt like we were being rushed in and out of the office, as opposed to our previous doctor. Dr. Chang really focused on us achieving optimal physical health before starting our cycle. Although they extracted 11 eggs, unfortunately, we did not end up with any viable embryos. Despite the huge disappointment, I felt that Dr. Chang put us in a position to achieve the best possible results, even though ultimately unsuccessful. Which is the reason for the 8 rating instead of the 10. Though, if we decide to do another cycle, it would definitely be with Dr. Chang.
You cannot ask too many questions. And Dr. Chang gave smart, thoughtful answers, which made the entire process a lot easier.
It was almost a year ago, so I do not remember many specifics except an extremely detailed assessment of our physical state before IVF, and a comprehensive analysis and modification of our diet to optimize our fertility chances.
Approximately $20,000-$25,000

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
SCRC Santa Barbara is small, which I like - you feel like you have a personalized medical team. Given how big SCRC is in LA, I also felt like I was with the best of the best. I'm not sure how prices compare, but there aren't many other options in Santa Barbara so I didn't pursue comparisons too deeply...IVF with ICSI and Genetic Testing, including Dr Fees & Facility Fees was around 15k. Medication another 5k. FET was around 3k.
European, Other
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The entire staff, especially the nurses, came to know me very well. If I was nervous, scared, etc. Dr. Rychlik knew to tell me jokes and make me laugh when asked. He broke down everything that was going on, from the positive pregnancy test to the ultimate miscarriage. After the DNC and leading up to it, he would call me personally to check in. I'm not back for my second FET and he / the team, is being even more candid and honest and open - as this isn't our first go-round!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashely May)
Ashely was/is exceptional. In fact, the entire nursing staff and coordinators are amazing. Everyone was responsive, open, honest. They took the time to answer any and all questions, never making me feel like I was annoying or stressed. Every visit was like hanging out with girlfriends who only had my best interests and my family's in mind. I cannot say enough wonderful things about them.
Dr. Rychlik was very open and honest throughout our first cycle / transfer and ultimate miscarriage. As this was our first time with IVF, he did explain a lot of what was happening. There were periods were maybe things were painted a little too positive and expectations were set too high. Which in the moment I appreciated. We are now on our second cycle with Dr. Rychlik and more realistic about what could happen. He's onboard with our needs and requests to get it all straight. So I feel like we have a true partner here.
He makes times for all patients - even being the one to take my blood tests occasionally. So be sure to ask ANY and ALL questions you want. He will answer.
We went with a very straightforward protocol - IVF/ICIS with genetic testing. As it was more male factor, we didn't go too aggressive for the retrieval and I responded really well to all the drugs - never feeling too poor. We ended up with 2 genetically tested embryos and transferred 1 Day 5. It resulted in a positive! Unfortunately, the baby stopped growing between 5 and 6 weeks. Even though it was genetically tested, apparently this can happen (I do wish I was more prepared). However, after some months off now, we are going back for our next FET.
Monitoring appointments were a breeze. I felt like I was the only patient, I never had a wait. I saw the same nurse and Ultrasound tech every time & sometimes even Dr. R himself! I actually really enjoyed these appointments. It was always happy and even if I was stressed or nervous, we still laughed and they helped calm me down. I booked them right before work and never had a delay. I'm happy to be back for this next transfer!
Both Doctor and Nurses seemed to think single was the way to go - so if something did happen we could review and adjust the plan of action for the next one. Subjectively, friends who have done IVF my age and with similar circumstances also advocated for single transfer.
Santa Barbara

Very busy- strength and weakness bc you can get in and or quickly but it also has the feeling of a fertility mill...I came to SCRC not knowing what to expect. I have theee children and I assumed having a fourth was a no brainer. 9 months later still nothing. My regular OB recommended Dr. Alexander and my rheumatologist recommended another. I'm so glad I got to meet Dr. Alexander. The first visit was to go over my health status and what tests needed to be done to eval my fertility status. She also used a power point to explain all options available and also to help me figure out what course of treatment should happen next. After my consult I had a chemical pregnancy that did not want to clear my body and she checked on me weekly. She offered encouragement and also let me know that she was ready to jump in as soon as I was ready and my cycle had returned. She always finishes her phone calls or emails with "Best wishes" or "be well" and I think she might actually mean it. :) I have not conceived with her yet but I feel she will support me for as long as I continue to see her.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Dr. Alexander is extremely caring. She has made me feel like she genuinely cares about how Im doing and how things are going without coddling or intruding. I have never had another doctor like her.
They respond promptly and never disregard a concern or question.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Come ready with questions and information about your fertility to save time.
Metformin- I have had surgery for dermoids multiple times so I think she put me in a pcos category. This drug helps with egg quality. Estrace- my lining and periods have been light either due to age or bc I have had a d and c and also retained placenta removal in the past. Coq10- help with egg quality Letrazole- I have Some cycles without ovulation Hcg injection- trigger ovulation Dexamethasone- bc i have autoimmune issues Aspirin- to build lining Folgard- not sure but I think bc a lot of people have some clotting or antibody gene or mosaic of the gene Prometrium- support potential pregnancy Prenatal vitamin
Co pay of $30 each visit. $250 for a consult but they waved it bc I she had to cance last minute.
Beverly Hills

The nurses [at Southern California Reproductive Cetner] were really sweet and helpful but not always easy to get a hold of. I found that their preferred method of communication was email and sometimes that wasn't the best for me.... My appointments were very easy and I was never waiting on people or in a Cattlecall situation. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes every time.... This clinic is probably one of the highest rated clinics in our region. They have a state of the art laboratory and I know they have skilled staff and high standard of quality. There are many clinics locally that are far less expensive but I don't know if they are as good in regards to their laboratory
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
We were always greeted warmly and never rushed. I felt like we were listened to and treated with empathy.
The nurses were really sweet and helpful but not always easy to get a hold of. I found that their preferred method of communication was email and sometimes that wasn't the best for me.
Dr Rychlik always remained positive and optimistic about the outcome. I wish maybe I would've known going into it that one IVF cycle wouldn't work or that maybe donor eggs should've been discussed. Obviously there's no way of knowing until you go through it but I wasn't fully prepared for the disappointment of having no viable embryos.
Ask all of the questions whether they're good or bad. Find out if the money you are spending is being put to good use and if maybe there are better options for you besides IVF.
Are used injectables every night for two weeks. Every other day I went in for ultrasound and blood work. I took Menopur, Gonal-F followed by Ganirrelix and Ovidrel.
19k not including meds but including PGD and another 5-6k for FET not including meds.
Santa Barbara

SCRC is a busy but efficient clinic. I appreciate that they open as early as they do (6:30AM) so I can go in for my lab work and ultrasounds before work. The staff are friendly and I have always found the wait times reasonable. Unfortunately the cost is significant...Both of Dr. Chang's nurses who have overseen my care, Jess and Kimberley, have been kind, organized, and always available to answer my questions during the course of my treatment.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
SCRC is a busy but efficient clinic. I appreciate that they open as early as they do (6:30AM) so I can go in for my lab work and ultrasounds before work. The staff are friendly and I have always found the wait times reasonable. Unfortunately the cost is significant, especially if you're health insurance doesn't cover infertility, which mine doesn't. I'm sure there are some who would balk at the cost but from what I can tell infertility treatments are expensive no matter where you go and I'd happily pay more to know I'm getting the best care possible.
Dr. Chang has always treated both me and my husband with great respect and sympathy for what we're going through. During each step of our treatments with her she has taken the time to inform us of the process and made us feel comfortable with the next steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Jess and Kimberley)
Dr. Chang is a kind, compassionate, and extremely knowledgeable doctor who has made the IVF process feel less intimidating. She is not one to sugar coat the truth or make promises she can't keep but always maintains a positive outlook and shows great concern for you as an individual. She has taken care to ensure that both me and my husband are informed about each step of the IVF process and made herself accessible for questions and follow-up discussions. After our first FET failed Dr. Chang immediately put a plan in place to determine the reason for the failure before attempting a second transfer. She was even able to include me in a clinical trial for an ERA (Endometrial Receptivity Analysis) so that my costs for the test would be reduced. Though I'm not pregnant yet I have complete trust that Dr. Chang will do everything in her power to help me achieve a positive outcome. I truly can't recommend her enough.
Though going through IVF, or any fertility treatment in general, is a difficult and emotional experience, Dr. Chang is someone in whom you can place your trust and who will never make you question the level of care you receive.
When we first began seeing Dr. Chang, she was very throrough with her testing to determine the reasons for our infertility. I was found to have narrow Fallopian tubes and a low egg reserve, which means that natural pregnancy is possible, just very unlikely. She suggested the less aggressive route of IUI to begin with and adjusted the protocol for each round. For the first round of IUI I took Clomid and when that didn't work she had me switch to injectsble Gonal-F for the second round. The second round was unsuccessful as well so she increased the dose of Gonal-F for the third round. Though all theee rounds of IUI were unsuccessful I appreciated her adjustment of the protocol each time so we weren't simply repeating the same approach and expecting different results. After the third round of IUI failed, Dr. Chang sat us down and explained our options. Though we could continue with IUI, the expected success rate after three failed cycles in a row was lower and might be a sign that we need to try a more aggressive approach with IVF. At no point did we feel pressured into doing IVF but we understood that Dr. Chang was trying to provide us with realistic expectations and next steps that could possibly be more successful. My husband and I elected to try IVF rather than a fourth round of IUI and prior to beginning Dr. Chang had an in-depth discussion with us about what to expect. About two weeks later Dr. Chang had me start the protocol for egg retrieval. When it came time for the retrieval I had about 9 follicles but upon waking up from the procedure Dr. Chang informed me that 4 were mature enough to be retrieved. Though we initially wanted to have half of the eggs fertilized naturally and the other half fertilized with ICSI, Dr. Chang recommended fertilizing all eggs with ICSI since we had so few and she didn't want to risk the possibility of any eggs not being fertilized. I was thankful for this recommendation because all eggs were successfully fertilized. The week following the retrieval is nerve wracking as you wait for news about embryo development but Dr. Chang called me almost every day to update me about the status of our embryos. After genetic testing, we ended up only having two top-quality embryos of the initial four but Dr. Chang had told us ahead of time to expect that. Following my retrieval, which was in September, I was given about a month of recovery time prior to starting the FET protocol. I began with active birth control pills, followed by daily Lupron injections for about 10 days, after which I began the PIO injections along with oral Estrace and suppository Endometrin. My uterine lining developed nicely and was about 9mm prior to the FET. My hormone levels also looked good so we went ahead with the transfer after 5 days of PIO and all went well. Unfortunately the transfer was unsuccessful, which I could tell puzzled Dr. Chang given how good everything looked prior to the FET. Because we only had 1 embryo left she wanted to determine the reason for the failure before proceeding with another transfer. I was scheduled for a hysteroscopy to see if there were any polyps, scar tissue, or anything else in my uterus that could have prevented successful implantation. Fortunately that came back clear. Dr. Chang also recommended an ERA (Endometrial Receptivity Analsysis) to determine if 5 days of PIO was enough or if I potentially needed more (as 20-30% of women do) and was able to include me in a clinical trial that SCRC was participating in so as to reduce my costs. The ERA came back normal so Dr. Chang also recommended that I see a Rheumatologist to rule out possible auto-immune disorders that could affect implantation. So far, all test results have come back normal and I'm starting to accept the fact that the failed FET may have just been a fluke given that there's never a 100% success rate but I'm so appreciative that Dr. Chang has been so through and relentless in her search for answers. I'm confident that by the time we begin the protocol for our next FET Dr. Chang will have done everything in her power to prevent another failure.
Though I can't remember the exact costs of each procedure, here is what I do recall: Each IUI cycle cost about $1500-$2000. My stim medications were about $5000 and then the retrieval plus embryology and genetic testing cost about $17,000 (this number changes significantly depending on the 'add-one' you choose). The FET protocol was about $5,000. All in all, for three rounds of IUI and 1 round of IVF we spent close to $30,000.
Because we only had two embryos from our first retrieval cycle Dr. Chang suggested only transferring 1 for the first FET since the increase in the success rate by transferring 2 was minimal and we risked losing both on the first try. I'm so thankful we only transferred 1 since the FET failed and it would have been devastating to lose both embryos.
Beverly Hills

The Santa Barbara [Southern California Reproductive Center] clinic's significant weakness is that they were perpetually short-staffed. The staff seemed to take no delight or pride in staying organized. ... I kept receiving bills for services that had already been paid for as part of the IVF procedures. ... They also need to have embryologists whose sole job is to be an embryologist-and not an office manager.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The Santa Barbara clinic's significant weakness is that they were perpetually short-staffed. The staff seemed to take no delight or pride in staying organized. I would often have to make several calls to get a question answered. I kept receiving bills for services that had already been paid for as part of the IVF procedures. When I questioned these bills I was told curtly there was no record that I had paid. I happened to make copies of the check and the receipt that they had given me, so of course they were forced to dig a little deeper and find that they had just left a check in a pile somewhere. Even after that was resolved I still received invoices that stated I would be sent to collections if I did not pay. IVF is challenging enough, but having to sort this out in addition and also sort it out with the EMBRYOLOGIST who is also the office manager is especially challenging. The ONE embryologist (at the time of my IVF procedure) was also the office manager and in charge of all the billing receipts. Now that I know how important the lab is, all I can say is this lack of organization does not inspire confidence in the lab. It was challenging for me to ask the person who would be handling my embryos to also go over my file and make corrections on the billing. I know the Beverly Hills lab has a great reputation, but I really think that they are just trying to grow the enterprise in Ventura and Santa Barbara, and they really needed to have physicians that were there at Ventura and Santa Barbara full time. They also need to have embryologists whose sole job is to be an embryologist-and not an office manager.
During the first meeting with Dr. Ghadir at the Ventura office, he was attentive and seemed thorough. However, as my fertility treatments progressed, I was only to see Dr. Ghadir a few more times in person. All the monitoring is done by an ultrasound technician. All of the procedures were done in the Beverly Hills location from a different doctor. When the procedures did not work, his schedule is so limited in Ventura and he is almost never in Santa Barbara, that I would only be able to have brief conversations with him over the phone in which he seemed occupied, and even annoyed that I had questions.
I would imagine that Dr. Ghadir is probably a rock star at the Beverly Hills location. However if you are a patient of his in Ventura County, be aware that (during the time that I was a patient there) he is only in the office in Ventura one day every other week. All of the ultrasounds are done by an ultrasound technician, and often, the patient needs to drive all the way to Santa Barbara for a simple ultrasound. When I would call Dr. Ghadir with a question or concern, he would seem a bit annoyed. I never really go a sense that he had a plan. I have learned so much since I had IVF at SCRC, and I do think Dr. Ghadir could have been a lot more thorough and followed up much better when the IVF did not work.
I would say do not go if you are considering the Ventura County location. Be aware that SCRC is an extremely busy clinic, and you have to really advocate for yourself in order to get your questions answered.
The costs of IVF were about $5000 than a neighboring clinic.
Lancaster

SCRC is absolutely one of the top clinic and they use a top notch lab. I deeply appreciated their organization and the flexibility of their schedule. My only complaint would be that though the lab is top notch, it was unclear to me that they were a separate company. We had two mosaic embryos which Dr Chang and I would like to explore transferring but the lab in this case refuses which is disappointing given the newer research surrounding the viability of mosaic embryos.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Wendy and her dedicated nursing staff was available by phone and email readily, they always got back to me in a timely manner and were lovely to deal with... as much as I hated having my blood taking so often, I find myself actually missing the phlebotomists. When we were ultimately unsuccessful, they all seemed as devastated as we were.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly mostly but they were all helpful)
They were incredibly calm, helpful and organized... they made the process much less stressful as a result.
Wendy was our partner in a very tough journey and she took that partnership seriously, despite the volume of her practice she took the time to answer all of our questions at every juncture and truly seemed to cherish her work. When new research emerged regarding some of the treatments we had used that positioned a few of the practices in a controversial light... she did not shy away from the conversation at all and was the first in line to grapple with those choices.
IVF practices are extremely busy places and Wendy is very focused on getting folks to a successful pregnancy, depending on your specific circumstance and age that may mean that you end up with some expensive and ultimately unnecessary treatment options. Dr Chang will not force you into any of them but you do need to be informed as a patient to wade through what the best decision for you is.
I don't remember all the specifics of the injections but Dr Chang is very focused on nutrition and health as a precursor to egg health which studies have shown is a big factor.
For 2 cycles for a +40 patient with all the extra treatments it was about $45k
We did eSET as we had done PGS, in retrospect given my age and the potential inaccuracies of PGS - I regret that choice.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
The nice thing about SCRC [Southern California Reproductive Center] is there are 5 doctors in the office, so there is always at least one there for IUIs and transfers. The front desk staff is amazing and always kind. If you go between about 9-11:30 it is going to be busy, and you can expect to wait anywhere from 15-45 minutes before being called back....Maria and Ludi are the two main nurses I worked with. Both we wonderful. They were very helpful any time I had questions. They were also good about emailing back the same day if I emailed them before 4pm.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The nice thing about SCRC is there are 5 doctors in the office, so there is always at least one there for IUIs and transfers. The front desk staff is amazing and always kind. If you go between about 9-11:30 it is going to be busy, and you can expect to wait anywhere from 15-45 minutes before being called back.
I was always greeted by name, even when I hadn't started signing in. The nurses I worked with were always very kind and helpful, even when I asked potentially silly questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Maria and Ludi)
During Clomid/IUI cycles I would only see Dr. Ghadir for the IUI, assuming he was in the office that day. I twice had other doctors do the IUI. Once I moved to IVF I saw him a lot more. He did the retrieval surgery and 2 of the 3 transfers. Since becoming pregnant I have seen him every week. I would usually only hear from him on the phone for the results of betas.
Be prepared for him to want to do the maximum number of medicated IUI cycles.
For the first medicated cycle I was put on 100 mg of Clomid. When that only produced one mature follicle I was placed on 150 mg of Clomid for the other 5 cycles I did. I usually grew 2-3 mature follicles before triggering. Once I moved to IVF I was put on Gonal-F, Menopur and Cetrotide. I started at a higher dose, and after my first monitoring appointment had the meds reduced to avoid OHSS.
Ultrasounds are $220, Blood work varies depending on what you have tested. IUI was around $250 each time. A full IVF cycle was around $10,600, which included every appointment and blood draw once you started stim meds through the first beta. FETs are about $2600, which included every appointment and blood draw once you started meds through the first beta.
Beverly Hills

The clinic [SCRC] has multiple sites, and I started at another clinic before moving. There was confusion, and there was always a wait to verify or get information about my file. I asked several times to have my file transferred to the clinic I was not going to. I found myself having to take initiative many times, in calling for results, asking for next steps, etc. the staff is friendly, but it did not seem genuine.... Ultrasound $220 (2 ultrasounds done),
European, Black or African-American
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic has multiple sites, and I started at another clinic before moving. There was confusion, and there was always a wait to verify or get information about my file. I asked several times to have my file transferred to the clinic I was not going to. I found myself having to take initiative many times, in calling for results, asking for next steps, etc. the staff is friendly, but it did not seem genuine.
On the day of our IUI, we waited for almost 2 hours to be treated, without any interaction. When we were greeted by Dr. Wendy Chang, she was very vague in her conversation with us, without any mention to our personal journey or treatment (e.g., “Okay this is what we are going to do.” Instead of using names, or mentioning anything personal about us.)
The nursing staff was nice, but not personable. I did not like needles, and they let me lay down to draw blood. The nurses often forgot which labs I was getting done, and I had to call the clinic for results.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Chang was very professional, but lacked compassion. Her statements seemed almost rehearsed, and I feel that she lacked interest in our personal journey. She was friendly, but it did not seem genuine. Although she did explain the risks of IUI, she failed to inform us of the very low success rate of IUI. I feel that this is a very important bit of information that may have encouraged us to re-evaluate our treatment options. Dr. Chang was only in the office on certain days of the week, which made it difficult to set up appointments. My HSS was performed by a different doctor, and I was not informed of this until I arrived for the appointment. Overall, this did not feel like a personal or tailored experience, but a scripted and routine procedure, which I was very unfamiliar with.
Ask a lot of questions, and ask for the layout of your treatment, including who will be performing the different aspects of your treatment. Ask about success rates of your procedure, and explain your expectations for your treatment.
Diagnostic blood work was performed first, in attempt to diagnose the cause of my infertility. Phone consultation to recommend IUI with Clomid due to starting treatment non-invasive and working up. 3 days of Clomid, and then more labs and ultrasound performed to see egg follicles. Ovulation test used to determine time of ovulation, and trigger shot given in the event that ovulation does not occur before IUI appointment. Ovulation test determined ovulation the night before IUI procedure. IUI performed, and home pregnancy test done 10 days later, which determined no pregnancy.
Ultrasound $220 (2 ultrasounds done), Labs for IUI $450, IUI procedure day-of about $1,000
Not applicable.

2013 - 2014
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
So sometimes I felt a little lost [at Southern California Reproductive Center in Beverly Hills] and would have appreciated if someone had taken the time to explain things more slowly and clearly. I was seen for appointments within 15 minutes of my assigned time and the medical staff was always efficient. The clerical staff was not as warm and inviting as I would have liked. I was often left to figure out things like where to go for blood draws or the location of the nearest restroom on my own. Billing was a bit chaotic, so be sure to check your invoices and statements. On-site parking was pricey and limited, but there is a drug store around the corner with a public parking lot which is much larger and economical.
2013 - 2014
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Southern California Reproductive Center is a busy, busy place. (I would assume this has to do with the knowledge-base and experience of the doctors.) It seemed that everyone was effectively performing their job, but they forgot that I was new to the process. So sometimes I felt a little lost and would have appreciated if someone had taken the time to explain things more slowly and clearly. I was seen for appointments within 15 minutes of my assigned time and the medical staff was always efficient. The clerical staff was not as warm and inviting as I would have liked. I was often left to figure out things like where to go for blood draws or the location of the nearest restroom on my own. Billing was a bit chaotic, so be sure to check your invoices and statements. On-site parking was pricey and limited, but there is a drug store around the corner with a public parking lot which is much larger and economical.
I felt most like a human when dealing with Dr. Ghadir in person. Over the phone he seemed rushed and spoke very fast. Oftentimes when dealing with the office staff and nurses, I felt like a number. My encounters with them, both in-person and via phone, were all monotone and repetitious.
I dealt with my assigned nurse (and a few others when she was off) mostly over the phone after ultrasounds and blood draws. During the calls she gave me new dosage information. She never offered any insight into what was seen on the ultrasounds or asked how I was dealing with the effects of hormones. On occasion I had questions and would leave messages for the nursing staff. (It seemed the nurses were never available to answer the phones.) My phones calls were always returned.
During our initial consultation, Dr. Ghadir was running late but very apologetic. He listened and asked questions. Not long after we our consultation, he ordered lab work. Each time results came back, he personally called either myself or my husband to reveal the results. Oftentimes these phone calls were in the early evening hours. I appreciated his direct contact with us. My condition required me to have a hysteroscopy to remove uterine polyps. Dr. Ghadir came to see me both before and after performing the surgery. During my actual IVF cycle, I dealt mostly with the office staff. He did perform the retrieval and transfer. During these times his was quick and efficient. Dr. Ghadir called me to reveal my positive pregnancy test results. During the post-treatments (he asked that I have weekly ultrasounds in his office for the first 10 weeks) he was present for each and discussed what he was on the ultrasounds.
Keep a notebook to jot down questions and information you receive in the office and over the phone. This is a very fast-paced office! While his office truly is organized and on top of things, the process can seem very chaotic. Also, look into financing before beginning the process. The company they refer you to for financing has astronomical interest rates. Which just adds one more stress to an already chaotic process.
I took twice daily injections of Lupron, Menopur, and Follistem for a little under three weeks. After each ultrasound and blood draw a nurse would contact me to discuss modifications to dosages. If I recall correctly the only real changes were in the Menopur. The ultrasounds started at about 3-4 days apart and gradually became closer. The last week I was at the office on a daily basis. The day before retrieval I gave myself an injection (can't remember name) and it had to be given at an exact time of day. The nurse was very clear about the time frame I had for administration of this medication.
One cycle of IVF was approximately $15,000 paid to Southern California Reproductive Center. The drugs were about $3500 paid to an outside pharmacy. All ultrasounds and blood work done from the first injection to the pregnancy test were included in the cycle. All other (pre- and post- IVF cycle) procedures were not included They offered a package for women under a certain age (can't remember exact age) for few thousand dollars more (can't remember the exact price) that ensured you another cycle should the first not result in pregnancy. Now the catch is that if you had a miscarriage after the first round of IVF, the second cycle was null and void.

2013
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The front office staff is courteous and always remembered my name. My calls were always returned the same day, and if an emergency came up in the middle of the night, someone was always available or my doctor could be paged. The ultrasound and lab techs were very friendly which is nice when you're in almost daily. The office itself is very inviting and cozy. One downfall would be lack of available street parking on week days and the expense using the clinic's parking garage. But on the plus side, it's a one stop shop for all your needs from doctor consultations to surgery center, and there's even a specialty pharmacy across the street if you need to quickly refill a medication.
2013
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Dr. Ghadir treated me with compassion, listened to me, and took my concerns seriously. Before getting a referral to see him, I had been dismissed by multiple OBs over the length of time I had unsuccessfully been trying to conceive as well as suffering with prolonged heavy periods. My consultation with Dr. Ghadir was like a breath of fresh air and on my 2nd visit, he found the cause of my heavy periods which was a large polyp in my uterine cavity as well as discovering both my tubes were blocked at the ends by my ovaries.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Maria)
Maria is an angel. She is extremely compassionate and patient as I called with tons of questions on a weekly and sometimes daily basis.
Dr. Ghadir has a warm demeanor and his confidence put me at ease. He is compassionate but very matter of the fact when it comes to discussing diagnosis and treatment options. He is highly knowledgeable and skilled in reproductive endocrinology and I did eventually get pregnant under his care. However, he was unable to complete an out of pocket hysterscopic surgery at his clinic to remove my polyp which set me back a month to begin IVF while I waited to have the surgery repeated at a hospital operating room under my health insurance plan with a regular OB who was able to complete the surgery with no issues.
Don't let your impatience to get pregnant let you make hasty decisions. I threw money away on a surgery my insurance covered because SCRC could get me at an earlier date only for the surgery to not go as planned.
IVF #1 Long Lupron protocol with Gonal-F and Menopur. I had an easy textbook cycle. 21 eggs retrieved and great fertilization rate, but by day 5 transfer day only 3 embryos had survived due to unanticipated low egg quality. Two were transferred but the cycle failed. IVF #2 Long Lupron protocol with Gonal-F and Menopur with the addition of Human Growth Hormone to give the embryos a boost. Another easy textbook cycle with 20 eggs retrieved and great fertilization rate. This time 6 embryos made it to day 5. Two were transfer using assisted hatching, and I got pregnant with a singleton.
Total costs including testing, two fresh IVF cycles with monitoring, and medications were around $40,000.
Beverly Hills

It is a lovely waiting room and facility [SCRC]. I always feel very comfortable going to this office. From the receptionists to the lab workers to the nurses, everyone is very kind an compassionate. I have never felt rushed or ignored like I have at other clinics. It is really a very pleasant experience at this office. ... The clinical team is very prompt to reply to all of our calls and emails which is a huge relief when you have so many questions like we did!!
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
It is a lovely waiting room and facility. I always feel very comfortable going to this office. From the receptionists to the lab workers to the nurses, everyone is very kind an compassionate. I have never felt rushed or ignored like I have at other clinics. It is really a very pleasant experience at this office.
Dr Alexander is a great listener and also very practical with her advice. She is kind but doesn’t sugar-coat things which I appreciate
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
She is kind and respectful of our wishes. She explains things throughly and is very responsive to all my questions. I feel very comfortable asking her anything- even if the questions seem silly. She really put me at ease during all of our procedures and consultations.
Ask her anything- she is very straightforward in a very practical way, but also kind.
She was very understanding about our desire to start gradually- first with Clomid and then moving to IUI. When the Clomid gave me vision side effects she was quick to correct course and try an alternative. When we miscarried she called and was very compassions and helped us remain positive. Her bedside manner during all of the IUI procedures has been amazing and so positive.
Last year we spent close to $20K

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
The clinic [So Cal Reproductive Center] itself is very busy - we had to wait 1 hour after our schedule time due to a surgery going overtime. Advice to people attending the clinic, prepare to be there longer than expected - set aside plenty of time for if the appt is pushed back and if it runs over. ... Following our consultation, the nursing staff never had to go back and forth to ask Dr. Surrey what was needed - it was as if they already new (good communication)
European, Other
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic is very clean and seemed well managed. The clinic itself is very busy - we had to wait 1 hour after our schedule time due to a surgery going overtime. Advice to people attending the clinic, prepare to be there longer than expected - set aside plenty of time for if the appt is pushed back and if it runs over.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center?
My first doctor was more friend than doctor, my second and third treated me like a number, and so far with Dr. Surrey I feel like a human being treated by an extremely knowledgeable doctor
How was your experience with Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center?
He read through our history with IVF prior to our consultation therefore all questions were made to clarify versus tell our whole story all over again. He spent &gt;2 hours with us running tests needed to evaluate (way more than any other doctor we had been with). He did a great job at explaining everything without sugar coating it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center?
He is worth it so if hesitant with your current doctor, Dr. Surrey is worth the second, third, fourth opinion
Describe the protocols Mark Surrey used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
So fat Dr. Surrey has had more items assessed than any other doctor therefore I can say that his protocols are more thorough. We are still in the early stages, but I feel he has gathered more information on me than any other clinic/doctor
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center.
To be honest, I'm currently waiting to hear back from the financial department to find out the total costs.
Describe Mark Surrey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
We will see this year as I'm currently preparing for an egg retrieval
Beverly Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center.

The clinic [SCRC] was great easy to find in Santa Barbara it was clean and the staff was awesome. The front desk always called to confirm appointments and they were on it with all the information. They were also great with emails sometimes it was hard to get down to the clinic so if we were able to do it over email or fax they always made it work for us.... The staff was awesome always made me feel very comfortable and they always made me feel important which is a great feeling when you feel so many emotions.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic was great easy to find in Santa Barbara it was clean and the staff was awesome. The front desk always called to confirm appointments and they were on it with all the information. They were also great with emails sometimes it was hard to get down to the clinic so if we were able to do it over email or fax they always made it work for us. Just overall great staff.
The staff is really awesome at the clinic the nurse Maddie always made me feel very comfortable and they all were very professional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Madilyn Will)
I felt that Dr Surrey was very knowledgeable with what my condition was. He let us know the options we had and also made us feel that if we had any questions or hesitations that we could always call and ask him.
Make sure to have all your questions written down because he will take the time to answer them but it’s better to be prepared when you meet with him.
I was on birth control at the beginning to regulate my period after I was taking my stimulation’s and that was determined by the ultrasounds and what my levels where at the time which was follistum and menopur. Before my retrieval I was given antibiotics to help with any bacteria infections.
Around 20,396
He wanted to retrieve the healthy ones and that was his main concern. If I choose multiples then I would have to talk about the chances of having twins.

3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Other
It [Southern California Reproductive Center] is a very busy clinic, always full. That said, I never felt like a number, just that I was in a very busy office! The main thing is having to be on top of your own treatment and following up yourself when necessary...The main problem with the nursing staff is turnover, and so you don't have a consistent or ongoing relationship with one person. They often change, and also you get who you get, depending on who answers the phone or emails. But they are nice and helpful.
3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
It is a very busy clinic, always full. That said, I never felt like a number, just that I was in a very busy office! The main thing is having to be on top of your own treatment and following up yourself when necessary.
Dr. Alexander gave me her personal cell phone number and always immediately responded to any texts or questions I had, and would call me personally with the results of milestone tests. She seemed to really care.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
She is a brilliant doctor, incredibly smart. She is warm and kind. She is not always the best communicator because her mind is working at a mile a minute, but I appreciate very much her expertise. She also frequently sought the opinions of other colleagues, both in the clinic and outside. It wasn't about ego for her it was about doing the best possible thing.
Make sure you ask questions and you do your own research too. And know that she is thinking about you.
Dr. Alexander also successfully removed, or significantly reduced a large uterine septum I have. The first operation I had with another doctor had failed. Dr. Alexander did an excellent job.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
SCRC feels a bit like a factory. Often times I would call and get transferred around not being able to speak to a live human. The "third party coordinators" were a mixed bag -- some were very friendly and helpful, others came across as less enthusiastic and didn't follow up appropriately. I also felt the billing system lacked transparency -- expect to get credit card charges but with no accompanying statements. Felt a bit like a money making machine.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Strengths: Modern facility, very clean and bright Downside: It's so big that you feel like a number (or a bank account) when you're there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Third Party Coordinator)
They have a third-party coordinator system. You email a mailbox or leave a message and usually within 24 hours someone will get back to you. Often the person who gets back to you is different from the one you spoke to before. I wish there would have been some consistency here.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr Ghadir has a nice manner to him and seems really to care about his patients (without being too stiff or formal). He is very professional as well. He was thorough in his explanation of the process and attentive to all of our questions.
Working with Dr Ghadir is great. The only downsides are the administrative features of SCRC -- phone calls not getting returned, billing not being transparent.

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic [Southern California Reproductive Center] is excellent. However, the separation between themselves and the embryology laboratory can make things complicated with regards to billing.... My first FET and retrieval were pretty standard. My second and third FET involved the use of lovenox. This was used after it was discovered that I tested positive for lupus anticoagulant. My third FET also involved the use of prednisone (a steroid) due to a discovered history of familial autoimmune conditions.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic is excellent. However, the separation between themselves and the embryology laboratory can make things complicated with regards to billing.
Dr. Alexander worked very hard to provide us with individualized service. She always remembered all of the facts about our case and would work with us to establish treatment plans.When things were not successful she made sure to call us to comfort us. She always made sure we were comfortable with all of our treatments plans.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
I am so grateful to Dr. Alexander for her incredible work with us. Her positive outlook allowed us to get through one of the most difficult times in our lives. She is extremely knowledgeable and patient focused. Her approach is tailor made to each patient. When she treats you, you feel like the sole focus of her office. She will always make time for you as a patient and will do everything to ensure a successful outcome. She is extremely sensitive to a patient's needs.
She is an amazing provider. I would recommend following all of her advice with regard to a retrieval. She is extremely responsive to a patient's need/ concerns so make sure to take an active role in your treatment process.
Our doctor allowed us to transfer two embryos during each FET. This was our preference and she remained supportive of our choice. She left the decision of transferring one or two up to us (due to our diagnosis). However, she was very clear that she would not transfer more than two (a pretty standard practice based on our young age)
Beverly Hills

When I was there, I loved the team [So Cal Repro Center]. The environment was more like a spa setting which I loved. It would be good to meet each of the doctors and the nurses there to get a feel for them. ... That was my dream team [nurses]. ... I believe each IUI was roughly $1,000. I was just on oral meds and the trigger shot, which was about $100. ... She and her nurses did the shots for me; one nurse even came to my house at 10pm!
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Many of the personnel there have changed, so I can't comment accurately on the clinic now. When I was there, I loved the team. The environment was more like a spa setting which I loved. It would be good to meet each of the doctors and the nurses there to get a feel for them.
She was amazing. Although our treatments didn't work, she was both a doctor and a friend and a mother to me. I felt safe and loved. I have a severe needle phobia and she did everything I needed.
That was my dream team. The ultrasound tech was a friend from church who prayed for me. The one who took my blood worked around my needle phobia and became a lifelong friend. The coordinator spent countless hours on the phone with me. They were all amazing.
She was truly amazing. I was so defeated when I met her and she gave me such hope. She worked around my phobias and everything she said made sense. She brought me a rose on one of my IUI dates. I felt like I could contact her anytime and she always had time for me.
Be honest with your needs; she is a great listener.
She adjusted me to letrozole with dexamethasone. I had never done a trigger shot before due to my needle phobia. She said I could use a smaller needle and that it could be in my butt instead of stomach. She and her nurses did the shots for me; one nurse even came to my house at 10pm!
It's been a long time, but I believe each IUI was roughly $1,000. I was just on oral meds and the trigger shot, which was about $100.

8 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
8 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
They are perfectly nice but I don't feel that anyone particularly cares that much. After my last experience with a doctor who cared a lot but didn't get me pregnant, I care less about being treated with tenderness as long as we get good results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly and Karina)
I like that there are two techs (again, not nurses) who work strictly with Dr. Chang. There is much less confusion about who is doing what. The problem I've noticed is that they answer emails and return calls sporadically if I'm not in active cycle. I find this frustrating. When I'm in front of them, they are very helpful.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
She is kind and friendly, she has a nice sense of humor. She seems like a good investigator and is open to my ideas. She was willing to refer me out to a Reproductive Immunologist, which many REs do not do, so I appreciate that. She was able to get my husband's sperm in much better condition. We were so concerned with his sperm issues that we fertilized half the eggs with his sperm and half with donor sperm and he outperformed the sperm donor! This was all because of Dr. Chang's strict orders for his diet, supplements, recommendation on frequency of ejaculation, etc. (along with his strict compliance.)
To advocate for herself. This is the same advice I'd give for most REs though. They are busy and don't have the time or attention to give to each of our cases, so find other women who have been through this and learn from their experiences.
Beverly Hills

...the [So Cal Repro Ctr - BH] clinic is packed full of people and I felt like a number. Dr. Chang was nice but I rarely saw her (only for the initial consultation and the IUI). That was it. She was a little robotic in her conversations with me. I felt like she didn't really remember me...
the clinic is packed full of people and I felt like a number. Dr. Chang was nice but I rarely saw her (only for the initial consultation and the IUI). That was it. She was a little robotic in her conversations with me. I felt like she didn't really remember me.
I had an overall good experience with Dr. Chang as a person. She is very nice and thorough in her evaluation. She actually caught a small issue with my thyroid and suggested that I take more iodine, prescribed Synthroid, and sent me to an endocrinologist for re-evaluation. I decided not to take Synthroid and took more iodine instead. In a few months, my TSH was much lower and it has remained steady for more than one year. I am grateful to Dr. Chang for that! Dr. Chang performed an unmedicated IUI, which she did well. It did not work. She suggested a medicated IUI but I did not respond to the drugs so I cancelled the IUI. After that, I decided not to continue fertility treatments due to my age (I was 43). Dr. Chang is a very good doctor. She listened and was willing to follow along with my ideas (unmedicated IUI). She was even open to a natural IVF with no drugs. She is very nice and I did feel comfortable with her (rare for me). But I don't recommend her because I think there are RE's with smaller clinics that feel more personal.
Beverly Hills

Organized and kind. Very compassionate. Remembers you after one visit. Long wait times though. Nurses [So Cal Repro Center] are kind and have patience with us. LGBT friendly. Could get me in right away when needed. Has early appointments before work also! ... The most expensive clinic in SoCal that’s ive found. Didn’t know this prior to treatment. ... Very kind. Loved the ultrasound techs and lab people as well
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Organized and kind. Very compassionate. Remembers you after one visit. Long wait times though. Nurses are kind and have patience with us. LGBT friendly. Could get me in right away when needed. Has early appointments before work also!
Dr was very nice but came across as fake after asking more questions. Couldn’t tell me if I boosted or not. Hadn’t seen my ultrasound so was clueless when I asked questions. They just do what they do with everyone.
Very kind. Loved the ultrasound techs and lab people as well
He is very kind and hopeful. Gives too much false hope in my opinion. Did fully explain what’s going on with my tubes or treatment for my tubes. And didn’t thoroughly review my exams and results before proceeding with treatment.
Demand answers and look around for better pricing. He is overpriced compared to competitors
I asked for an HSG so he did one. He recommended AMH levels be tested. Then did clomid and IUis
Na
Beverly Hills

100 friendly. And they [SCRC] always have a good comunication and help to you feel like you are in a good hands. They help to get hope in we can do our dream true. They are very respectful and they look for rhe. Est treatment for you... [Nurse] He is very nice and very patient She speak english and spanish and always lelp to me no metter she was bussy o not She tried to helpme to get my medications to the best price
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
100 friendly. And they always have a good comunication and help to you feel like you are in a good hands. They help to get hope in we can do our dream true. They are very respectful and they look for rhe. Est treatment for you
I feel like a human because my body was made for give life, but I need help
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Mónica )
I don't speak english very well. He all time tried to found a interprete for translate. He wont I undertand everything.he is very nice and he tried to help us all time. He felt worried about our diagnostic and tried to foun the bes option for us.
The best
All the time he Spoke clear about our diagnostic.we start with birth control pills and after We use menopur and digonal for almost 2 weeks and 2 days before the retrivial we use cetritide. We got 12 eggs 2 fertilized naturaly and 2 via ICSI. For the 5 day we got only 2 embryos. We sent to test it but both was a poor quality. My doctor said we can try again bue we are broken. No more money then he said we can try a embryo donnor

Anovulation, Male Factor
Southern California Reproductive Center is a high end Beverly Hills clinic that is very well maintained. Everything is state of the art yet they take insurance which makes it affordable!...There have been a couple of occurrences where the nurse forgot to call in a medication or didn't call it in as promptly as I would have hoped.
Anovulation, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
It is a high end Beverly Hills clinic that is very well maintained. Everything is state of the art yet they take insurance which makes it affordable!
They are all very knowledgable and helpful.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
She is very experienced, warm and friendly. Very knowledgable and aggressive (in a good way.) You do have to pull information out of her though in order to understand completely what she wants you to do but once you get to know her you trust her completely.
Ask a lot of questions.
Dr. Alexander followed my lead and was aggressive about my treatments. We first tried letrazole which I had negative reactions to. Dr. Alexander found a polyp in my uterus which I had surgically removed. Around the same time after doing a semen analysis for my husband she referred us to a Male Fertility Specialist who discovered that he had varicocele and needed surgery. We are now 6 months later and have done an additional 2 clomid cycles and are now doing IUI. While I am not pregnant I've been extremely happy under Dr Alexanders care.
Bloodwork is $110, Ultrasound is $220, IUI is $350.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
[Nursing Staff at So Cal Repro Ctr] Beautiful. Wonderful. Caring. Loving. Everything, a nurse should be....We had weekly (sometimes daily) emails about progress. They literally held our hand, every step of the way....Dr. Ghadir understands the stress of the journey. He is quick to make one feel calm and safe...he never made us feel like we didn't belong. We are two gay Dads. And, that was never an issue. I like how he told us, he enjoyed working with LGBT families. We loved our experience.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Expensive. Not cheap. But, with what you're doing, do you really want to go with the lowest priced clinic? I'd say no.
He was amazing. He never rushed us. He took time to explain, everything. He looked us in the eye. And, he was very positive. He never left an email unanswered. He never failed to return a call. He made us feel like we were the most important people at his work.
Beautiful. Wonderful. Caring. Loving. Everything, a nurse should be.
Dr. Ghadir understands the stress of the journey. He is quick to make one feel calm and safe. It isn't easy, what he does. Yet, he never made us feel like we didn't belong. We are two gay Dads. And, that was never an issue. I like how he told us, he enjoyed working with LGBT families. We loved our experience.
Go. Don't hesitate. Dr. Ghadir is amazing. He will be the best thing about your journey. We feel so fortunate to have had Dr. Ghadir as our doctor.
Not sure exactly how much, but around $25,000 - $35,000.
We transferred two embryos. Never an issue. And, now, we have twin boys.
Beverly Hills

The [Southern California Reproductive Center] are all very responsive, kind and welcoming. I appreciate being treated like a human. The respond to emails and phone calls promptly. Also when they had an upcoming holiday closure during my cycle they made sure to let me know. ... She [nurse] was prompt, a good communicator and willing to explain when I had questions. ... The costs for IUI were reasonable.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The are all very responsive, kind and welcoming. I appreciate being treated like a human. The respond to emails and phone calls promptly. Also when they had an upcoming holiday closure during my cycle they made sure to let me know.
He explains the process and his reasoning for what he recommends. He is professional and kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Madilynn Wills)
She was prompt, a good communicator and willing to explain when I had questions.
He seems very knowledgeable and explains the process. He listens to the patient and is flexible to accommodate patient needs. I really appreciate not feeling judged and that he just wants to help me reach my goal of having a child.
He is wonderful, and seems to be very knowledgeable. If you haven't seen him, do!
He initially recommended IVF because of my age and a previous c-section. However, I was not comfortable with the cost and wanted to try IUI instead and he was willing to accommodate me.
Billing insurance for ultrasounds etc. The costs for IUI were reasonable.
Santa Barbara

They [Southern California Reproductive Center] made me feel like a number and made me feel broken. ... When I switched doctors they failed to send my paperwork over in a timely manner which resulted in my new doctor having to run all the tests over again. ... Everyone [nurses] acted like I was inconveniencing them when I asked questions or tried to be proactive about my treatment. ... I’m still receiving bills from them which only adds insult to injury.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
I was very unhappy with the clinic overall so would not recommend them. They made me feel like a number and made me feel broken. I can’t give any strengths because I was so unhappy. I’m still receiving bills from them which only adds insult to injury.
Dr Surrey talked to me like I was stupid, he barely acknowledged my feelings or emotions about test results or diagnosis and didn’t even ask about how I wanted to approach my treatment plan. Cold bedside manner and very impersonal.
Everyone acted like I was inconveniencing them when I asked questions or tried to be proactive about my treatment.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
I had a horrible experience with him. Not only did he misdiagnose me but he didn’t do the necessary blood work needed to prove my diagnosis was correct. Because of this misdiagnosis I spent months convinced I had PCOS when I actually didn’t.
I did one round of Letrozole with Dr Surrey and was so put off by him that I switched doctors.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
This clinic [Southern California Reproductive Center] is quite expensive but provides excellent care...The entire fresh cycle, including pgs testing and a FET one month later, cost about $20,000...Most of our care was provided by Joan the NP and she was very personable, always friendly and offered a shoulder to cry on if needed...Dr Anderson's clinical results were staggering. He was very upfront with his recommendations and his expectations of our treatment. We chose to follow all of his recommendations and we are another success story to add to his positive results.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
This clinic is quite expensive but provides excellent care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Anderson at Southern California Reproductive Center?
The nurses were nearly all very sweet. I wasn't assigned to a particular nurse but they all had access to the information in the computer system. Most ultrasounds were handled by Joan the NP as well.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
How was your experience with Robert Anderson at Southern California Reproductive Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Anderson at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Have a lot of cash.
Describe the protocols Robert Anderson used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Dr Anderson pretty much requires freeze all and pgs testing for all patients. He has an over 80% success rate for FET with single pgs tested embryos. We followed his recommendations and had success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Anderson at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Robert Anderson
Burbank [Closed]

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Anderson at Southern California Reproductive Center.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
My husband and I really enjoyed the clinic [Southern California Reproductive Center-Burbank]. We thought it was very well put together - it was apparent they put a lot of thought into making the office feel warm and welcoming. The space was very clean and comfortable and not too big... Dr. Kalan is very kind and knowledgeable. He had excellent bedside manner and we were never made to feel like any questions we had were "stupid". He did an excellent job of explaining processes and setting expectations
European, Latino, Native American
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
My husband and I really enjoyed the clinic. We thought it was very well put together - it was apparent they put a lot of thought into making the office feel warm and welcoming. The space was very clean and comfortable and not too big.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marc Kalan at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Kalan has very warm and welcoming personality and we were made to feel we were in good hands. His follow-through was excellent
How was your experience with Marc Kalan at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Kalan is very kind and knowledgeable. He had excellent bedside manner and we were never made to feel like any questions we had were "stupid". He did an excellent job of explaining processes and setting expectations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marc Kalan at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Do your part and do research so you can get the most out of your experience. Dr. Kalan is a great doctor and a wealth of knowledge.
Marc Kalan
Burbank [Closed]

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Marc Kalan at Southern California Reproductive Center.

2013 - 2016
7 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
His nursing staff and the front office staff at SCRC are incredible. They're helpful, kind and always available to help...
2013 - 2016
7 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Ghadir did a really good job of engaging with me and making me feel heard. He spent a good deal of time explaining things in a manner in which I'd understand. .
In general, I found Dr. Ghadir to be professional, caring, gentle and with a great bedside manner. His nursing staff and the front office staff at SCRC are incredible. They're helpful, kind and always available to help.
With any doctor, not just Ghadir, don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions, it's your body and it's important that you know (and understand) what's happening. Ghadir was always great about answering my questions and not rushing me.
Shahin Ghadir

[Southern California Reproductive Center is a ] modern, efficient, busy clinic, housing lab, surgery center, and doctor's offices in one location....A biopsy was done on our embryos without our consent, and I found out after the fact. Somewhere there was a breakdown in communication, which was frustrating at the time.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Modern, efficient, busy clinic, housing lab, surgery center, and doctor's offices in one location.
Dr Danzer offers patient centered care that is unique to each couple. He gives accurate information, helping people make educated decisions in their treatment.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Best reproductive doctor I found in Los Angeles, my only regret is not going to him first.
Research all your options - assisted reproductive technology is not a one size fits all treatment.
Even though clinic is always busy, ultrasounds and labs go pretty quick.
Hal Danzer

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
The nursing staff [at Southern California Reproductive Center] often needed reminders to call me back even if I had already called and asked for a call back...The clinics strength is the reputation of their doctors and advanced technology...IVF was 20,000
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Dr. Ghadir had empathy and was always available to answer questions.
The nursing staff often needed reminders to call me back even if I had already called and asked for a call back.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
D. Ghadir is very intelligent and compassionate.
Be your own advocate and ask lots of questions.
IVF was a standard IVF protocol for my age.
IVF was 20,000
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Over past 1to 2 years, clinic [Southern California Reproductive Center] has changed. Front desk staff barely acknowledge you, care coordinator primary focus is money 1st, and doctor harder to get to return calls. They have done total remodel of facility with patient money and sort of feels like we r numbers, not people...The most interaction was with the nurses...NEW coordinator was horrible, never returned calls and had to email her a lot. She just kept say when u pay coordinator fee, will answer questions. This is why we haven't moved forward, the current person is only money focused.
Black or African-American, Native American
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Over past 1to 2 years, clinic has changed. Front desk staff barely acknowledge you, care coordinator primary focus is money 1st, and doctor harder to get to return calls. They have done total remodel of facility with patient money and sort of feels like we r numbers, not people
The most interaction was with the nurses. And when he told me my pregnancy test was negative, he did it on speaker phone. Never followed up to check on my well being and I was devestated. We want to try a surrogate but because of his manner, I want to go to different doctor but I hate starting over. I wish he had of told us about surrogacy first, as an option. We would have done that first as it was our best chance.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Would have to check record )
Nurse was supportive, returned calls. Open to questions. Patient. Care coordinator worked with us, understood our financial situation and provided ways to streamline cost. When we decided we would try again, the NEW coordinator was horrible, never returned calls and had to email her a lot. She just kept say when u pay coordinator fee, will answer questions. This is why we haven't moved forward, the current person is only money focused.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Strength is he is knowledgeable when questioned. Weakness has to be he should share ALL options so yoy can make good decisions. And check in periodically instead of have nurse do it. And NEVER tell patient ivf failed over speaker phone. That was horribly thoughtless.
Pricey and knowledegable. But not personable.
Don't remmeber everything . Eggs were normal. Had few fibroids but we're removed. Did ivf cycle, got 6 eggs. 2 looked exceptionally good. 2 lesser level. We implanted 2. Did not work.
Pricey. Lots of add ons.
No comment here...he just said 2 looked really good and better to implant both.
Beverly Hills

Christy [nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center] was very bubbly and friendly and clearly knew her stuff!...The Torrance office is quite small and personal. There is plenty of parking and it feels very cozy. The Beverly Hills lab and surgery center is a well oiled machine! They clearly take pride in what they do...Dr. Sundheimer was very willing to explain things as scientifically or as layperson as I wanted. Often times we'd go over the same question in several different ways. She was patient and kind. She seemed genuinely excited when I got pregnant, and was very kind to follow up with me when I delivered.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Sundheimer at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Christy)
Christy was very bubbly and friendly and clearly knew her stuff!
How was your experience with Lauren Sundheimer at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Sundheimer is very sweet, kind, and positive. I always knew what was coming next and had she gave me lots of hope. She expressed empathy very sincerely and I felt like we were in this together. It was very easy to relate to her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Sundheimer at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Feel free to ask questions!
Describe the protocols Lauren Sundheimer used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
It was a bit ago, now.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Sundheimer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
It was in line with my expectations of IVF
Describe Lauren Sundheimer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
We all agreed eSET was best for my situation
Lauren Sundheimer
Beverly Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lauren Sundheimer at Southern California Reproductive Center.