Genetic counseling: Offered
661-441-3590
Ventura
2755 Loma Vista Rd
Ventura, CA 93003
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Southern California Reproductive Center to a friend?

7.2

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
He [Dr. Mark Surrey] always remembered us and our situation. He would always contact us with lab results, new information or just to check in. He was very informative and always presented us with options in moving forward with procedures or testings...We began with an egg retrieval, followed by a FET cycle a couple weeks later. My fiancé experienced hyper stimulation, severe bloating and swelling. Resulting in 2 taps to remove the excess fluids. The hormone injections may have been too strong for her body. We retrieved 33 eggs, made 5 embryos, 2 were mosaic.
The nursing staff [at Southern California Reproductive Center] was awesome, all very sweet, welcoming and polite. My fiancé had a lot of discomfort with the ultrasound probe. Except with one nurse, Sue. Who was extremely gentle and aware of her sensitivity, so we requested her every time and the nurses would coordinate to make it happen...Very nice, clean, plenty of seating, calming environment with lots of natural light. 8am - 10am there is a lot of patients coming and going. The administrative desk can be a little distracted at times. It would sometimes take a few moments to be greeted or acknowledged if they were typing, filing, etc. But overall very nice. The nursing team was awesome, always available, after hours or on the weekends.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Overall, Dr. Surrey was very great and very pleasant. He always remembered us and our situation. He would always contact us with lab results, new information or just to check in. He was very informative and always presented us with options in moving forward with procedures or testings. Financial stresses and work related challenges have been very present throughout our process. This is probably just a personal/emotional experience, but I felt as though Dr. Surrey was not mindful of our financial struggles. I understand he has an accounting department for that, but sometimes it almost seemed like we were encouraged to take the most expensive procedures/actions to move forward. However, if finances were not an issue, I probably would not feel that way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Educate yourself as much as possible, talk to others who have gone through IVF treatments successfully and unsuccessful. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Surrey was always very involved. He would personally check in on my fiancé in addition to his nurses calling us as well. If he solely spoke to my fiancé on the phone, he always volunteered to call me directly and relay the information, or encouraged me to call if we had any questions. We had a couple emergency situations, over a weekend, due to hyper-stimulation and Dr. Surrey, literally left the golf course to come see us at his clinic. He was also very warm and friendly and very familiar with our situation, considering all the other patients he has, it made us feel special.
Describe the protocols Mark Surrey used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
We began with an egg retrieval, followed by a FET cycle a couple weeks later. My fiancé experienced hyper stimulation, severe bloating and swelling. Resulting in 2 taps to remove the excess fluids. The hormone injections may have been too strong for her body. We retrieved 33 eggs, made 5 embryos, 2 were mosaic. Of the 3 viable embryos, two were Day 7 and one was Day 5, which we transferred. Unfortunately our transfer was not a successful pregnancy. A couple months later we decided to do another egg retrieval and freeze. This time Dr. Surrey lowered the hormonal dosage, which prevented hyper stimulation happening again. This time we got 20 eggs and just froze them due to finances at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Paulina)
Paulina was great. Very responsive and thorough with information. The nursing staff was awesome, all very sweet, welcoming and polite. My fiancé had a lot of discomfort with the ultrasound probe. Except with one nurse, Sue. Who was extremely gentle and aware of her sensitivity, so we requested her every time and the nurses would coordinate to make it happen. Olivia was also very helpful, she was aware of our finances and helped in obtaining coupons for medications. Desta was also amazing. He was the phlebotomist that my fiancé always requested as well. She does not like needles, bruises extremely easy and has delicate arms, so his care was highly appreciated!
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Wonderful clinic. Very nice, clean, plenty of seating, calming environment with lots of natural light. 8am - 10am there is a lot of patients coming and going. The administrative desk can be a little distracted at times. It would sometimes take a few moments to be greeted or acknowledged if they were typing, filing, etc. But overall very nice. The nursing team was awesome, always available, after hours or on the weekends.
Describe Mark Surrey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Dr. Surrey was very neutral and didn't really encourage one way or the other. He educated us on the tradeoffs.
Mark Surrey
2020
she [Dr. Akopians] is doing luteal phase estrogen priming for us in order to optimize our changes of quality eggs due to diminished ovarian reserve...advised me on supplements and diet...is warm and understanding. We never feel rushed when speaking with her. We were able to ask all of our questions and she took the time to explain everything thoroughly and in layman's terms...calls me and responds to my emails herself when she feels necessary. She also understands our emotional and financial concerns and came up with a game plan specific to our diagnosis.
Both of the nurses I worked with [at Southern California Reproductive Center] were thorough, kind, compassionate, prompt, organized and knew my case well. When my first cycle had to be postponed due to the pandemic, Julia called me instead of e-mailing. She talked to me for a while and I could tell she was so sad for me. When I restarted, Sophie called me and was so excited to get going and optimistic for me. The compassion is real...we were given a cost/fee sheet with breakdowns of SCRC's fees, the lab's fees, the anesthesiologist fees, testing fees and an estimate of prescription costs.
2020
How was your experience with Alin Lina Akopians at Southern California Reproductive Center?
We love that Dr. Akopians did not try to put us through a "general IVF" plan like prior doctors wanted to do. She was thorough and came up with a plan for our diagnosis. When I looked up the specific course of action, a lot of women only find out about this on their second or third try after failed attempts. So I feel like she is doing everything she can for this to work on the first try.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alin Lina Akopians at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Since we don't know our final results yet, all I can say is trust her and know that she isn't a "one size fits all" RE.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alin Lina Akopians at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Akopians is warm and understanding. We never feel rushed when speaking with her. We were able to ask all of our questions and she took the time to explain everything thoroughly and in layman's terms. Also, since she is with SCRC, we had the opportunity to hear from the lead embryologist as well at one of their free seminars. Dr. Akopians calls me and responds to my emails herself when she feels necessary. She also understands our emotional and financial concerns and came up with a game plan specific to our diagnosis.
Describe the protocols Alin Lina Akopians used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
We are in cycle now so I have no results to provide at this time. But she is doing luteal phase estrogen priming for us in order to optimize our changes of quality eggs due to diminished ovarian reserve. I have not started stims. I will say, my first start up was cancelled due to Covid-19. However, the doctors office stayed in contact with us about next steps, restarting and completing any necessary tests and other issues in the interim in order to "hit the ground running" once the restrictions were lifted. I didn't feel like I really even missed a beat.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Sophie and Julia)
Both of the nurses I worked with were thorough, kind, compassionate, prompt, organized and knew my case well. When my first cycle had to be postponed due to the pandemic, Julia called me instead of e-mailing. She talked to me for a while and I could tell she was so sad for me. When I restarted, Sophie called me and was so excited to get going and optimistic for me. The compassion is real.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
First of all, I think SCRC has an excellent working model. We started with a free seminar which covered all the basics. We got to ask questions and hear from Dr. Akopians, Dr. Barritt (the head embryologist) and the CEO of the company in person. After the seminar, Dr. Akopians advised me on supplements and diet. Once I had my one on one with Dr. Akopians, I felt comfortable right away. Their embryology lab is used by UCLA for research as well. They went over all the ways their lab is one of the best and the care they take at each step with the embryos. The Covid-19 pandemic has forced cancellation of so many cycles. I commiserated with several other women at other clinics. But was surprised to learn quickly that SCRC was communicating with me and continuing to prep me to restart in ways that my friends at other clinics were not experiencing. They were left in the dark with no idea what was happening, but SCRC kept in close contact with me and was honest about what they thought was going to happen. I am so thankful that they did this for me when clearly that wasn't the case elsewhere. I also like that there is an on call nurse on weekends and holidays. As we all know, IVF can't be scheduled like traditional things. I got a positive OPK on Easter Sunday. I was able to reach a nurse right away for next steps. When she wasn't sure, she called Dr. Akopians and got an answer right away (on Easter Sunday). I was blown away at the level of care and access. These people are just passionate about their jobs. They also have a patient care coordinator named Ari, who is just as amazing as the nurses. Responds promptly to any question and is just wonderful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alin Lina Akopians at Southern California Reproductive Center.
We are not complete with the process yet. But at the consult we were given a cost/fee sheet with breakdowns of SCRC's fees, the lab's fees, the anesthesiologist fees, testing fees and an estimate of prescription costs. So far it has been very accurate and helpful. I estimate we will have paid around $28k when complete with one cycle (including ICSI, PGS testing, etc).

32 Eggs Frozen
I was prescribed medications for an egg freezing cycle, and Dr Ghadir was attentive and detail orientated when it came to adjusting my doses depending on how I was feeling and my blood/ultrasound results...He took the time to explain the process to me step by step and listened carefully to my concerns while being honest. From the start of the process he was thoughtful, caring, and positive. His compassion and attentiveness during the entire process made an emotional experience easy to navigate...is a brilliant doctor, yet at times felt more like a friend which was exactly what I needed during this process. He was easy to speak to and I never hesitated to ask him to explain things to me over and over again if I needed. Upon each visit, he let me know what to expect going forward, specifically how I would be feeling mentally and physically.
Gaby, Dr Ghadir's nurse [at Southern California Reproductive Center], made sure to check in with me to see how I was doing during the process. She was extremely helpful and accommodating when it came to scheduling my next appointment, refilling my medications, or answering any questions I had. She was knowledgeable while also compassionate and I appreciated her support during this journey...I appreciated their flexibility during scheduling, especially the fact that they are open super early. I was able to do my labs and ultrasound before work. Wait times were average for doctor's visits and the waiting rooms was clean, comfortable, and spacious.
32 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Shahin Ghadir at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr Ghadir is a brilliant doctor, yet at times felt more like a friend which was exactly what I needed during this process. He was easy to speak to and I never hesitated to ask him to explain things to me over and over again if I needed. Upon each visit, he let me know what to expect going forward, specifically how I would be feeling mentally and physically.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shahin Ghadir at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Be honest with him about what you're trying to achieve, and do not be too shy or embarrassed to ask him anything!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shahin Ghadir at Southern California Reproductive Center?
The process of freezing my eggs was something I had found overwhelming and confusing before going to see Dr Ghadir. He took the time to explain the process to me step by step and listened carefully to my concerns while being honest. From the start of the process he was thoughtful, caring, and positive. His compassion and attentiveness during the entire process made an emotional experience easy to navigate.
Describe the protocols Shahin Ghadir used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Gaby)
Gaby, Dr Ghadir's nurse, made sure to check in with me to see how I was doing during the process. She was extremely helpful and accommodating when it came to scheduling my next appointment, refilling my medications, or answering any questions I had. She was knowledgeable while also compassionate and I appreciated her support during this journey.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
As someone with a demanding job, I appreciated their flexibility during scheduling, especially the fact that they are open super early. I was able to do my labs and ultrasound before work. Wait times were average for doctor's visits and the waiting rooms was clean, comfortable, and spacious.
Beverly Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shahin Ghadir at Southern California Reproductive Center.

2019 - 2020
I went through the egg freezing process. I am on my second round now. Dr. Ghadir has been very careful about adjusting my shots and medication as the cycle has progressed...I cannot recommend him more highly. After working with other doctors in the area, it is clear how important it is to have an ally when going through this experience...He’s very thorough, cares deeply about my understanding the risks and outcomes but also positive and supportive to make me feel like I am being cared for with the best In medicine and technology.
Dr. Ghadir and his team [at Southern California Reproductive Center] have always been available and taken care of me with a special touch. They have valued my concerns and have been supportive and helped guide me through each step of the process. Going through this experience, there are always questions that come up along the way and it makes a big difference having people who are giving you 100% of their time and focus.
2019 - 2020
Dr. Ghadir has been an amazing doctor and guide through a very emotional experience. He’s very thorough, cares deeply about my understanding the risks and outcomes but also positive and supportive to make me feel like I am being cared for with the best In medicine and technology. He spent a lot of time helping me understand the process and has been available for any questions and concerns. I cannot recommend him more highly. After working with other doctors in the area, it is clear how important it is to have an ally when going through this experience.
Feel free to ask as many questions as you have that come up along the way. Dr. Ghadir and his team and nurses are amazing at responding and supporting you. Also communicate what your goals are for the shorter and longer term. You can’t find a better doctor to help you on your fertility journey.
Dr. Ghadir and his team have always been available and taken care of me with a special touch. They have valued my concerns and have been supportive and helped guide me through each step of the process. Going through this experience, there are always questions that come up along the way and it makes a big difference having people who are giving you 100% of their time and focus.
The nurses have been available from day one to answer questions and help me with my medication and visits. They are always available and quick to respond.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
This strengths of the clinic are that it is very clean, professional, has the best technology, and very efficient. My visits are fast and I never find myself waiting. Parking is very easy and the staff is very friendly. I have no weakness is that I have experienced.
Beverly Hills

I can’t forget the moment he [Dr. Ghadir] called me to let me know that my only one embryo came back from genetic testing healthy and successfully. He was so excited and emotional that I felt I am part of his family and I am very important to him. These are human beings qualities! He is amazingly caring, responsible, friendly, generous, and considerate , respectful. During the hard weeks of waiting to get the tests result of my IVF, he called me even during weekend hours and this is really appreciated. Dr. Ghadir has made me feel I am in safe hands... He helps me feel empowered to battle with my infertility issues. I have got unexpected good result with him while other doctors had made me hopeless. He is truly professional, smart, always kind, and compassionate doctor. He is best fit and I feel so lucky to have found him. He really took me from vulnerable place and made the experience very positive. His integrity and caring for me and others is above and beyond.
I am diagnosed with very low ovarian reserve. I used same protocol [at Southern California Reproductive Center] for two egg retrievals. First time retrieved 4 eggs and formed 1 embryo and 1 passed PGS. Second time 4 eggs retrieved and Nothing passed the PGS...Ari [Care Coordinator] is empathetic to the concerns of their patients and she feels deeply for their patients as they experience the ups and downs associated with infertility journey. She does whatever it takes to help their patients with whatever their health care needs require. She is so affectionate and so devoted. She has excellent communication skills. She makes the process as easy as possible you somehow become part of family. Gabby is a nurse in the office. She is sweet, understanding and caring person. The rest of the staff is supportive, friendly and welcoming.
I had a previous experience with other ferility doctors and the experience with Dr. Shahin Ghadir is absolutely amazing. Now I feel I’m in good hands. I wish I would’ve seen him a lot early. I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Ghadir and his team! Dr. Shahin Ghadir is very competent, extremely knowledgeable and has great bedside manner, which has been such a comfort to me during this difficult, complicated and emotionally draining process. He is humble and a good listener; he cares and understands my concerns and explains diagnosis. I never felt like he was rushed to get done with my appointment. I felt important and that I mattered to him. He is honest, but also he is optimistic and offers hope. He helps me feel empowered to battle with my infertility issues. I have got unexpected good result with him while other doctors had made me hopeless. He is truly professional, smart, always kind, and compassionate doctor. He is best fit and I feel so lucky to have found him. He really took me from vulnerable place and made the experience very positive. His integrity and caring for me and others is above and beyond.
If you have a choice of clinic, save yourself some heartache and start here.
I can’t forget the moment he called me to let me know that my only one embryo came back from genetic testing healthy and successfully. He was so excited and emotional that I felt I am part of his family and I am very important to him. These are human beings qualities! He is amazingly caring, responsible, friendly, generous, and considerate , respectful. During the hard weeks of waiting to get the tests result of my IVF, he called me even during weekend hours and this is really appreciated. Dr. Ghadir has made me feel I am in safe hands.
Gonal- F: 225 IU’s Menopur: 150 IU’s Omnitrope: 25 units Last days: Cetrotide & z pack I didn’t take birth control. I am diagnosed with very low ovarian reserve. I used same protocol for two egg retrievals. First time retrieved 4 eggs and formed 1 embryo and 1 passed PGS. Second time 4 eggs retrieved and Nothing passed the PGS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Ari)
There is a lady in his office that she is like an angel. Her name is Ari. She is care coordinator. Ari is empathetic to the concerns of their patients and she feels deeply for their patients as they experience the ups and downs associated with infertility journey. She does whatever it takes to help their patients with whatever their health care needs require. She is so affectionate and so devoted. She has excellent communication skills. She makes the process as easy as possible you somehow become part of family. Gabby is a nurse in the office. She is sweet, understanding and caring person. The rest of the staff is supportive, friendly and welcoming.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The office itself is very nice and high tech. The environment is absolutely welcoming! It is neat and clean. staff are warm, friendly and in good moods. The office Features beautiful view that makes positive distraction.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Danzer is a wonderful mix between compassionate doctor and knowledgeable & experienced professional...He walks the line well between enthusiasm & sober reality of percentages...I appreciate that he’s rather humble...He won’t have time in appointments to explain every detail of all of the ART possibilities, he’ll tell you what he recommends. If there’s something you don’t know, he does a good job of answering questions...
Cost for ultrasounds, IUI & injection drug [at Southern California Reproductive Center] reasonable for the LA area. Less than what my gynecologist quoted me...The lobby is clean & modern. The reception is good...Nice clean bathrooms. It’s not cosy feeling, but it’s clean...nurses are wonderful & front desk staff have done a great job too...Great nursing staff, especially Debbie. She had a great manner & is well organized. Shaterika has been very kind & enthusiastic too. Very mindful of our time. Good Ultasound techs too.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Hal Danzer at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Danzer is a wonderful mix between compassionate doctor and knowledgeable & experienced professional. I appreciate his delicate position as a fertility doctor, where there are no absolutes. He walks the line well between enthusiasm & sober reality of percentages. I have been recommending him to friends. I don’t see an egotistical motivation in Dr. Danzer & I appreciate that he’s rather humble & conserves his words.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hal Danzer at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Read their website info, educate yourself before & during your time in his care. He won’t have time in appointments to explain every detail of all of the ART possibilities, he’ll tell you what he recommends. If there’s something you don’t know, he does a good job of answering questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hal Danzer at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Danzer does a good job of listening to questions, answering thoughtfully & taking action as he sees fit. I trust his knowledge is very strong & I appreciate his & his nurse’s enthusiasm for our journey. Hi nurses are wonderful & front desk staff have done a great job too.
Describe the protocols Hal Danzer used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Taking Levothyroxine for my Thryroid to get labs in the right place months in advance. Taking Vitamin D supplement & DHEA 75mg daily. IVF recommended, but so far I can’t afford it as a student. Will keep trying to get a loan later after I’ve started a new job. Took Clomid for 5 days & 1 trigger shot, 2-3 transvaginal ultrasounds before IUI. My fiancé had a sperm wash morning of IUI. Only the 1st IUI, I understand many couples do 3-6 generally. So I’m not deterred that we had a negative result. Will keep trying & be receptive to new life.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The lobby is clean & modern. The reception is good. The waiting room music could use some more thought though. I personally can’t stand what I call “depressing piano music.” It’s better when they play chinese flute & meditation music. I know music is so personal, but I find it hard to imagine other people like depressing music while waiting nervously for appointments. All else is good in the clinic. Nice clean bathrooms. It’s not cosy feeling, but it’s clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hal Danzer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Cost for ultrasounds, IUI & injection drug we’re reasonable for the LA area. Less than what my gynecologist quoted me.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center.
The nurse had an issue with calling in a prescription (not sure if forgot or a technical issue.) but it wasn’t crucial to my treatment. I got it same day after calling in a day later to check on it. That was 1 time of many prescriptions that were done on time, so it doesn’t bother me.
Beverly Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Hal Danzer at Southern California Reproductive Center.

Brilliant, clever, and truly cares about each of her patients. Her [Dr. Alexander] energy is contagious but she never creates a false sense of guarantee (which I appreciate). She’s direct and professional but kind. When you are sitting with her, you know she is focused on tailoring your treatment. She always called right away with results, even from her personal cell while she was on vacation.
I was impressed with how streamlined it was. Most of the time I’d be stopped in the hall and addressed by name by techs to let me know my ultrasound room was open or that they were ready to do my blood work (skipping having to go back outside to wait again). My appointments always ran on time. ... SCRC is pretty consistent with their pattern and you eventually pick up on it.
How was your experience with Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Brilliant, clever, and truly cares about each of her patients. Her energy is contagious but she never creates a false sense of guarantee (which I appreciate). She’s direct and professional but kind. When you are sitting with her, you know she is focused on tailoring your treatment. She always called right away with results, even from her personal cell while she was on vacation. She even texted us a few times with real time updates when she knew we were really anxious. My husband and I are so thankful for Dr. Alexander. She goes above and beyond for each of her patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center?
I think this goes for any doctor, but make sure you ask questions. You can see her mind is running a mile a minute to figure out the best plan for you so she doesn’t always explain every detail upfront and occasionally it was unclear what the next step was. Just ask and she’ll go through everything until you are comfortable and at ease.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center?
You can tell Dr. Alexander loves what she does and cares a lot about each of her patients. I never once had to remind her of any details about our case. I’ve never had a doctor like that. She’s also the only doctor you see walking back and forth through the halls. When available, she’ll try to go in to your ultrasound or at a minimum stop you in the hall to say hi and see how you are feeling.
Describe the protocols Carolyn Alexander used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
For my 2 IUI’s, I took Metformin, Letrozole, Gonal F, and Estrace. I was having a poor reaction to vaginal progesterone and she was going to switch me to injections and had me come in for an early pregnancy test before making the switch. Unfortunately it was negative so we didn’t proceed and I at least got to end the failed round a few days early. I appreciate that she’s aggressive when she needs to be. For my first IVF, I took Metformin, Gonal F, Menopur, Omnitrope, Cabergoline, Doxycycline, Ganirelex, Novarel, and Lupron. She also had me on a bunch of vitamins. We then switched to Follistim for my second round.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Nathalie & Valerie)
My main points of contact were Nathalie and Valerie, who were always quick to respond. They typically responded within an hour and at the most by end of day. We communicated through email except for when she would call with results or next steps. Everyone I encountered at SCRC was so helpful.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
I think one of the biggest benefits that is often overlooked is that SCRC has its own lab. We learned during the process how important that is. The office is really nice and you can tell you are at a place with the most up to date equipment and technology. The clinic is busy because there are many doctors but that never bothered me. I was impressed with how streamlined it was. Most of the time I’d be stopped in the hall and addressed by name by techs to let me know my ultrasound room was open or that they were ready to do my blood work (skipping having to go back outside to wait again). My appointments always ran on time. I think for anyone new to the process it’s a little tough to understand the rhythm of your treatment in the beginning. SCRC is pretty consistent with their pattern and you eventually pick up on it. You’re in their frequently for labs/ultrasounds at your cycle start and get called with results/next steps by Dr. Alexander or sometimes your nurse. Visits become more and more frequent (sometimes daily) as you get close to ovulation/triggering. If you have questions you couldn’t think of at the time of the call, just explain them in an email and your nurse will discuss with the doctor and get you a response. If it’s more complex, just request to talk to the doctor on the phone or set up a separate appointment with the doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center.
IVF retrieval was between $20,000-$25,000, which included ICSI and PGS testing.
Describe Carolyn Alexander's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Dr. Alexander knew my personality well and knew I wanted to maximize the opportunity for a transfer to work. For this reason, we did an ERA before doing FET. We transferred 1 embryo.
Beverly Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center.

I feel I was treated like a human due to the time and effort she [Dr. Akopians] and her staff [SCRC] has taken to help me through the process. I work in the medical field and I tend to ask many questions. ... She provided me with data and additional process facts that helped educate and reassure me. She gave me a sense of comfort due to her communication, reassurance, empathy and her confidence.
They [SCRC] should improve their check out process were you typically pay your fees. More privacy should be created for this check out process. The semen collection rooms are near public areas were there is a lot of traffic. They are currently expanding to make more rooms and allow more privacy and quiet environment outside the semen collection rooms
Dr. Akopians quickly assessed my anxiety and need for control at the beginning of my IVF process. She took time to explain each detail. She wrote steps down for me so I could focus on listening but also having note to reference later. I pride myself in being organized and detail oriented so her notes were wonderful for me. She was patient with all my questions that constantly diverted the conversation. She provided me with data and additional process facts that helped educate and reassure me. She gave me a sense of comfort due to her communication, reassurance, empathy and her confidence. Her ability to make me feel at ease and confident in her abilities has been essential.
She is accessible in person if you like that type constant interaction. If you’re like me I didn’t see her in person very often but I spoke with her over phone calls which worked well with my lifestyle.
I feel I was treated like a human due to the time and effort she and her staff has taken to help me through the process. I work in the medical field and I tend to ask many questions. The communication that Dr. Akopians and her staff have provided me has exceeded my expectations. They have provided me with the quality time I have needed to go through each step.
Due to the know low sperm count and motility my husband had she had him take medication to increase his quantity and motility. Due to all our infectious disease labs being expired we had to re do them. We had sperm frozen in another facility. Dr. Akopians asked us to transfer it to her facility as backup for our process. Due to our sperm ICSI was recommended and used. Due to our sperm it was recommended to use an embryo scope to reduce the amount of times the embryos are manipulated to give them a higher chance to do well. We used the embryo scope.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Julia Fletcher)
I absolutely love the nurse assigned to me. As I’ve mentioned I ask a lot of questions. I like to know all my facts and opinions. I would email the nurse daily or even multiple times a day. I felt bad for emailing and calling so often but she reassured me that that is why she was there to help. She is extremely caring and reassuring. Her patients to walk me through all my injections questions and nervous was incredible.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
There are always a lot of patients but they have a fast well organized process that gets all patients in and out in a timely organized manner. They should improve their check out process were you typically pay your fees. More privacy should be created for this check out process. The semen collection rooms are near public areas were there is a lot of traffic. They are currently expanding to make more rooms and allow more privacy and quiet environment outside the semen collection rooms
Consultation $275. Transvaginal US $230. Labs:Assay of Estradiol $85, FSH $85, Lh $85, assay thyroid stim hormone $85, venipuncture $30. Embryo freeze all: Cycle management fee $715, monitoring $3140, retrieval $2440. Frozen Embryo transfer: cycle management fee $715, monitoring $1590, embryo transfer $1065. Had to pay other fees for the surgery center and for the cryobank facility.
Describe Alin Lina Akopians's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Due to our specific scenario and factors only one embryo will be transferred. Dr. Akopians made it sound like all other scenarios also only one embryo is encouraged to increase the transplant success rate. Ever couples scenario is unique.
Beverly Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alin Lina Akopians at Southern California Reproductive Center.

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
I wanted a doctor who was going to coddle me enough but also treat me with respect during this hard time. Dr. Akopains was a lot of that and more. She is incredible, hands on, explained everything/broke everything down, incredibly kind, patient, caring, gentle but stern when necessary...I love everything about her. I was so sad to graduate...Omintrope 25 cc - for egg quality...Mock ERA cycle - to up my odds for an embryo to stick during transfer. Saline ultrasound Transfer cycle: Birth control. Lupron injections. Estrace orally Endometrin Medrol Progesterone in oil 1ML
SCRC is LARGE! Sometimes it is hard to not feel a little lost. With Surrey's team, I felt like a number. With Dr. Akopains team, because of the care and one on one time spent, I felt cared for. However, SCRC is one of the best for the reason. All the techs, embryologists, etc. were great...SHE [nurse] WAS THE BEST!!!! So caring, kind, compassionate, personable, educated, helpful...During my time with Dr. Surrey...the nurse gave me the wrong information about my embryo results after the genetic testing. She read the results wrong and gave them to me directly . Surrey called to correct them later.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
I came from working with Dr. Surrey who had the worse bed side manner. I wanted a doctor who was going to coddle me enough but also treat me with respect during this hard time. Dr. Akopains was a lot of that and more. She is incredible, hands on, explained everything/broke everything down, incredibly kind, patient, caring, gentle but stern when necessary...I love everything about her. I was so sad to graduate.
Ask questions...she will answer it all!
I came from working with Dr. Surrey who treated me like a number. Dr. Akopains was incredible, hands on, explained everything/broke everything down, incredibly kind, patient, caring, gently but stern when necessary...I love everything about her.
IVF egg retrieval: Birth control. Followed by: Gonal F 200 units Menopur 75 units Omintrope 25 cc - for egg quality Cetrotide Trigger shot (don't recall the name) Mock ERA cycle - to up my odds for an embryo to stick during transfer. Saline ultrasound Transfer cycle: Birth control. Lupron injections. Estrace orally Endometrin Medrol Progesterone in oil 1ML
SHE WAS THE BEST!!!! So caring, kind, compassionate, personable, educated, helpful.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Insurance did not cover anything. I do not know the exact number but it was somewhere between $20-25k including freezing, genetic testing, procedures, medications, etc.
We did the mock ERA cycle for this reason. I did not have many embryos and we did not want to take the risk of losing any.
Beverly Hills

Expect [Dr. Carolyn Alexander] to be blunt, but kind. Don't expect to get a lot of her time and expect to need to call and follow up over and over...it's very hard to get time with her so for some, that's not ideal. She did call me one time on a Sunday which was very nice of her, so she will contact you outside of business hours, but the call with be to the point and not a second wasted before she's saying bye...I did two medicated IUI's back to back. I was put on letrozole with a trigger shot to induce ovulation, then progesterone suppositories during my luteal phase. I'm happy with the treatment used in the IUI, my only point of upset is my progesterone was never tested, neither before the IUI's nor during or after, and months later we found out my body wasn't responding to that progesterone dose. Had they tested my progesterone we could've found that out way earlier. I did not get pregnant with either IUI.
The SCRC Clinic is always PACKED and the time you have scheduled with the doctors is timed down to the second...I did two medicated IUI's back to back. I was put on letrozole with a trigger shot to induce ovulation, then progesterone suppositories during my luteal phase. I'm happy with the treatment used in the IUI, my only point of upset is my progesterone was never tested, neither before the IUI's nor during or after, and months later we found out my body wasn't responding to that progesterone dose. Had they tested my progesterone we could've found that out way earlier. I did not get pregnant with either IUI.
Carolyn Alexander really does care about her patients, about that I have no doubt. I do think though that since the clinic overall is overloaded, it reduces her ability to spend quality time with patients. Communication with her is short, to the point, and over within a matter of minutes.
Expect her to be blunt, but kind. Don't expect to get a lot of her time and expect to need to call and follow up over and over. She is supposedly one of the best in the LA area, but it's very hard to get time with her so for some, that's not ideal. She did call me one time on a Sunday which was very nice of her, so she will contact you outside of business hours, but the call with be to the point and not a second wasted before she's saying bye.
The SCRC Clinic is always PACKED and the time you have scheduled with the doctors is timed down to the second. While you are with her, she is really nice, but you can tell that she has other patients to see. Phones will be ringing and she'll answer "on my way" or something similar during our appointment, so I don't really feel like I have time to even think about possible questions.
The nursing staff is great! I feel like because they know Dr. Alexander and other doctors at this clinic are so busy, a lot of the questions/feedback/discussions fall on the nurses. They were always very pleasant and sweet and I never felt rushed by them. The only complaint I have and this is about SCRC in general, nurses included, is they give you very little direction of what the next steps are. For example if you come in for an ultrasound and bloodwork, they will do the ultrasound and then say thanks have a good day, without telling you to do bloodwork next. I always have to go to the front desk to ask. Same if you go to do bloodwork first, I will then have to go to the desk to ask if there's anything else I need to do. The communication between each department is severely lacking.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Strength - supposedly one of the best clinics in LA. I have yet to get pregnant, so I can't attest to that just yet. Weaknesses - they take on WAY too many clients and I do feel like it's about money and seeing as many people as they can. People put up with this though because of their supposed high success rates. If you become a patient here, keep notes of every call, meeting, bloodwork appointment. There will be many conversations that are detailed, technical, and since SCRC is so busy, they also will forget some things you need to do. I have had to initiate appointments before, initiate bloodwork, and it would be nice to not have to think about those things myself. Ultimately this is your fertility journey so regardless of how attentive a doctor or clinic is, you should be the one in the drivers seat keeping track of everything. Create a spreadsheet!
The IUI's were roughly $800 and ultrasounds were $250. Bloodwork was in the few hundreds as well and each ultrasound and bloodwork were done multiple times a month each month. A consultation appointment with Dr. Alexander was $200 just to say "yes" we are doing IVF even though we were already decided and told the clinic we were decided. We have spent roughly $3,000 for two IUI's and no pregnancies.
We had our consultation for IVF this week so this is the only experience and insight I have on her approach. She shared that after retrieving the eggs, after doing genetic testing, after seeing how many make it to the 5-day stage etc. then we would need to decide if we want to implant one or two embryos. There were no further comments, but it did seem like it was an option she would openly discuss when that time comes.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
I have had to follow up about my bloodwork results and I have had to call SCRC multiple times to get a prescription called in. This all ties back to them being super busy and taking on too many clients, in my opinion. It's not for a lack of care because they do, it's that they simply don't have enough time in the day.
Beverly Hills

Dr Alexander is a wonderful doctor and person, she is very compassionate and caring, I just wish she was more aggressive. I am on the older side for fertility treatment and I went in ready to go full force ahead, however she has more of the wait and see approach. She is very knowledgable and positive, and has a wonderful bedside manner.... IUI 1: Letrozole, trigger shot & Progesterone suppositories, switched from Clomid as my family has a history of breast cancer. Negative pregnancy test. IUI 2: Letrozole, Gonal F, trigger shot, & Progesterone suppositories - Added Gonal F to make more follicles.
Go in with a list of questions, be ready to ask why/why not, and push for what you want. You are your best advocate when it comes to your treatment plan, fight for what is right for you.
I definitely feel as though I am treated much more like a human rather than a number. The front desk staff, nurses, ultrasound technicians, phlebotomists and lab techs do a great job at establishing relationships with you. They always call you by name, typically recall conversations you have had previously, and are genuinely excited for you when you reach a new milestone.
IUI 1: Letrozole, trigger shot & Progesterone suppositories, switched from Clomid as my family has a history of breast cancer. Negative pregnancy test. IUI 2: Letrozole, Gonal F, trigger shot, & Progesterone suppositories - Added Gonal F to make more follicles. Negative pregnancy test. HSG IUI 3: Gonal F, Dexamethasone, trigger shot, Progesterone suppositories, 2 Sperm donor vials 24 hours apart. - Added dexamethasone for inflammation, and a second vial of sperm (one at 12 hours post trigger, second at 36 hours post trigger). Negative pregnancy test. IUI 4: Gonal F, trigger shot, Progesterone suppositories, 2 Sperm donor vials 24 hours apart. First time having symptoms but they went away after 3 days, negative pregnancy test. Implantation Blood Panel IVF Egg Retrieval: Birth control pills, Lupron, Ganarelex, Cetrotide, Gonal F, Follistim, Omnitrope, Dexamethasone, Menopur, Trigger shot. I also added Co-Q10 & DHEA to my vitamins. 29 follicles retrieved, 11 made it to day 5, 6 were cleared via genetic testing. FET 1: Lupron, Birth control pill, baby aspirin, Estrace, Progesterone in Oil, Endometrin.
Sometimes the nurses were wonderful, they were knowledgable and compassionate, and sometimes it was the exact opposite, it all depended on who was responding to you that day! Same thing with response time, sometimes it was immediate and sometimes it was much longer. The nurses I correspond with I rarely if ever interact with in the office so it is difficult to establish a relationship.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
SCRC is a wonderful clinic, a literal one stop shop. They have their own surgery center, cryo lab, embryologists, phlebotomists, etc. They typically run on time (as long as you are on time), my typical wait time was no more than 15 minutes. Everything is bright and clean, exactly what you would envision a BH fertility clinic to be! Parking is ample and all around, however I do not recommend using the lot connected to the building unless you want to spend even more money on top of your expensive fertility treatments! Make sure you don't wear any fragrances or colognes as us ladies are sensitive to smells when on medications, but more importantly fragrance can damage embryos.
When I had insurance (I was laid off in the middle of my retrieval cycle), all of my appointments were covered with my $30 copay, plus $70 lab fee for each IUI, plus $1,000 per sperm vial. My total cost for the 4 IUIs under Dr Alexander was $8700. IVF retrieval cycle: $15,400 + $6000 for medication= $21,400 FET 1: $3780 + $1500 for medication= $5280 ERA: $2785 Grand total: $38,165
No opinion.
Beverly Hills

Even thought the nurses and Dr. Ghadir were up to date with my information and progress when we spoke it felt they were reading chart. The office was always very busy and things felt rushed - there would have been no time to actually cultivate a relationship. ... Dr. Ghadir was very kind and easy to talk to when we were meeting - although he often seemed rushed and sometimes pushy. ...
While they [So Cal Repro Ctr] seem to use cutting edge technology, state of the art equipment and have a lovely office space I feel that they were almost always overbooked and the personal I knew personally was the ultra sound tech. ... This is was the best of the experience. The early AM (6:30) appts saved me. ... There were a few times my meds weren't called into pharmacy and few times I had to remind them that was also supposed to be on blood thinners.
Dr. Ghadir was very kind and easy to talk to when we were meeting - although he often seemed rushed and sometimes pushy. At first he seemed cautious and then once we had success with freezing healthy embryos he became very positive. His positive attitude is what made us feel confident to move forward but then we did not have success we felt tricked.
I would advise people to be weary of his positive attitude, to take it with a grain of salt.
Dr. Ghadir suggested I see a rheumatologist as that is what he thought was the cause of my miscarriages. If were to try again, even without Dr. Ghadir I would continue to see my rheumatolgist -- he put me on several meds including a blood thinner shot.
There were two nurses that I worked with via email, but I don't feel like I really ever saw them. The person I connected most with was the ultra sound technician -- she was great!
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
While they seem to use cutting edge technology, state of the art equipment and have a lovely office space I feel that they were almost always overbooked and the personal I knew personally was the ultra sound tech.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Southern California Reproductive Center.
This is was the best of the experience. The early AM (6:30) appts saved me. If I was the first client to arrive I could be out in 15 min and not be late to work!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shahin Ghadir at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Towards the end of treatment Dr Ghadir started to take my insurance -- most was not covered but it did make a small difference. We spent approx. $40,000.
Describe Shahin Ghadir's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
I asked for multiple transfer and it did not come back positive test, moving forward Dr. Ghadir said he would only do single.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
There were a few times my meds weren't called into pharmacy and few times I had to remind them that was also supposed to be on blood thinners. I really felt that I had to advocate for myself and stay on top of my care.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
She [Dr. Alexander] calls sometimes with results after scans but she is also very busy so can't always spend a lot of time talking or answering questions. When she does speak to me about tough news she does actually spend time talking to me and she seems to really care even though you know she has to deliver bad news to people quite often in this field. ... Sometimes you need to ask her as many questions as you can or she won't really give you the information right up front so I've learned to ask exactly what I want to know from her and then she'll tell me. ...
It's a well organized office [Southern California Reproductive Center] that has a streamlined process that seems to work. It can get really busy there because there are many doctors. In terms of getting an appointment with the doctor I can usually get one same week and it's really easy, even my first consultation ever! ... When I had the MCs they [nurses] were extremely nice compassionate and kind and knew exactly what to say to me to make me feel as comforted as I could without being too abrasive or anything.
European, Black or African-American, Other
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Dr. Alexander is a very kind and insightful doctor who I have been seeing for much longer than either of us thought (not her fault). I have done 2 IUIs that ended in mc and 2 that have failed and I'm currently on my 5th. I ended up taking a 6 month break after my 2nd mc due to waiting for blood test results that needed time in between for accurate diagnosis. Luckily Dr. Alexander allowed me to do these tests after only 2 MCs (instead 3 which is typical RPL). Thank God she let me because turns out I have MTHFR Gene mutation and a blood clotting disorder which means I need to do blood thinning injections once I'm pregnant. I wouldn't have known any of this if Dr. Alexander didn't take the time to speak with me and let me know my options prior to potentially going through another miscarriage! Sometimes you need to ask her as many questions as you can or she won't really give you the information right up front so I've learned to ask exactly what I want to know from her and then she'll tell me. Also at the clinic there are many other doctors and she is the only one I ever see walking though the halls and she always stops by her patients just to ask how they are doing and how they are feeling. Overall I'm glad I have her as my doctor going into my second year of fertility treatment.
Always ask her your specific questions if you are confused or didnt get all the info you wanted. Sometimes she can be very vague but once you ask she'll answer & clarify.
She calls sometimes with results after scans but she is also very busy so can't always spend a lot of time talking or answering questions. When she does speak to me about tough news she does actually spend time talking to me and she seems to really care even though you know she has to deliver bad news to people quite often in this field.
She had me do 5 days of letrozole and none of my follicles grew. So she had me wait a couple days and then start gonal f injections. I quickly had a big follicle after only 3 days so then I did trigger shot and IUI a day later. It got me pregnant (ended in mc) so the next cycle she had me mimic it and I got pregnant again (mc) then I took a break. The last 2 IUIs I did we're the same exact protocol but they didn't work. This one I wanted to do higher dose of gonal f but she's worried I'll produce too many mature follicles. So we'll see what this one's outcome is. When you go in for scans there is a tech who does it and then she or the nurses will call you after with instructions of what to do next. They also email so it's a pretty easy streamlined process.
There are 2 nurses on Dr. Alexander's staff and they were very very nice and always got right back to me via email or call whenever I had questions. When I had the MCs they were extremely nice compassionate and kind and knew exactly what to say to me to make me feel as comforted as I could without being too abrasive or anything. They got 2 new nurses since I started treatment again after my break and they are just as sweet.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
It's a well organized office that has a streamlined process that seems to work. It can get really busy there because there are many doctors. In terms of getting an appointment with the doctor I can usually get one same week and it's really easy, even my first consultation ever!
I have fertility insurance through my husband's work so they bill insurance but cost out of pocket seems to be pretty general.

2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
He [Dr. Shahin Ghadir] truly understands how delicate this process is, therefore I felt like he took care of me as if we were family. He is warm and very intelligent. He knows everyone, so he would always have a good referral for a doctor or anything that we would ask him. He would calm me down because I would get very nervous before every treatment. And he would even throw the occasional joke to make me relax when I needed it. I truly appreciate having him as a doctor. For me, he's the best doctor I've ever met.
There's plenty of staff there [at Southern California Reproductive Center] to see everyone at a fast pace. The nurses are very friendly, so are the ultrasound technicians and the phlebotomists. Their billing department runs very efficiently. Their scrub nurses are amazing and so are the embryologists team. They have a lab in house so you would get blood test very fast...take care not only of the medical part, but the emotional part of the process, which to me was very important. I never felt alone during the treatments and they would always answer any questions with infinite patience. I'm very grateful to have found them.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Doctor Ghadir is an amazing doctor. He always told me the truth, but taking care of my feelings. He truly understands how delicate this process is, therefore I felt like he took care of me as if we were family. He is warm and very intelligent. He knows everyone, so he would always have a good referral for a doctor or anything that we would ask him. He would calm me down because I would get very nervous before every treatment. And he would even throw the occasional joke to make me relax when I needed it. I truly appreciate having him as a doctor. For me, he's the best doctor I've ever met.
Ask for the VIP packages and get them. They are worth every penny.
I always felt compassion and cared for at the clinic. Dr. Ghadir and his team take care not only of the medical part, but the emotional part of the process, which to me was very important. I never felt alone during the treatments and they would always answer any questions with infinite patience. I'm very grateful to have found them.
I don't remember. I'm 8 and a half month pregnant. My memory is not too good at the moment. But I'm pregnant thanks to him and his team.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Ari Mehdizadeh)
Ari took care of me like a godmother. She made sure to confirm all my ultrasounds and procedures appointments, have my prescriptions filled and refilled, even found a nurse that could inject me at my house when I needed it. Angela Ho, received me every appointment and made the calls for the prescriptions, confirmed the ultrasounds appointments, gave me injection instructions and always made sure to remind me to drink lots of liquids. Honestly, they are the best!
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic is extremely clean and organized, which for me is very important. Their appointments run very fast so you are not waiting there for a long time. There's plenty of staff there to see everyone at a fast pace. The nurses are very friendly, so are the ultrasound technicians and the phlebotomists. Their billing department runs very efficiently. Their scrub nurses are amazing and so are the embryologists team. They have a lab in house so you would get blood test very fast. That is a plus!
Don't remember
Dr. Ghadir suggested we picked the best quality embryo to transfer this time that we got pregnant.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Surrey] read through our history with IVF prior to our consultation therefore all questions were made to clarify versus tell our whole story all over again. He spent &gt;2 hours with us running tests needed to evaluate (way more than any other doctor we had been with). He did a great job at explaining everything without sugar coating it. ... We are still in the early stages, but I feel he has gathered more information on me than any other clinic/doctor
The clinic [So Cal Reproductive Center] itself is very busy - we had to wait 1 hour after our schedule time due to a surgery going overtime. Advice to people attending the clinic, prepare to be there longer than expected - set aside plenty of time for if the appt is pushed back and if it runs over. ... Following our consultation, the nursing staff never had to go back and forth to ask Dr. Surrey what was needed - it was as if they already new (good communication)
European, Other
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
He read through our history with IVF prior to our consultation therefore all questions were made to clarify versus tell our whole story all over again. He spent &gt;2 hours with us running tests needed to evaluate (way more than any other doctor we had been with). He did a great job at explaining everything without sugar coating it.
He is worth it so if hesitant with your current doctor, Dr. Surrey is worth the second, third, fourth opinion
My first doctor was more friend than doctor, my second and third treated me like a number, and so far with Dr. Surrey I feel like a human being treated by an extremely knowledgeable doctor
So fat Dr. Surrey has had more items assessed than any other doctor therefore I can say that his protocols are more thorough. We are still in the early stages, but I feel he has gathered more information on me than any other clinic/doctor
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic is very clean and seemed well managed. The clinic itself is very busy - we had to wait 1 hour after our schedule time due to a surgery going overtime. Advice to people attending the clinic, prepare to be there longer than expected - set aside plenty of time for if the appt is pushed back and if it runs over.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center.
To be honest, I'm currently waiting to hear back from the financial department to find out the total costs.
We will see this year as I'm currently preparing for an egg retrieval
Mark Surrey
Beverly Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center.

5 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I always felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Danzer! He always explained everything to me, made me feel at ease and hopeful. I never had any doubts in him. His Protocols were effective and didn't leave me feeling horrendous like some other doctors/protocols. Even though we didn't achieve the hope for results, the experience wasn't terrible...Be aware that he is extremely busy, so his time may be limited and access impossible.
There are a lot of Nurses that work for each doctor [at Southern California Reproductive Center] so it is hard to get personal with any of them, in what feels like the most personal procedure out there. It feels somewhat like a meat market, with so many patients in the waiting room. Be prepared to wait for 1+ hours to get blood-work and your ultrasound, each time. Though once done, you can leave and then wait for a phone call from the main Nurse. Facilities are bright and beautiful and feel very luxurious. Waiting rooms are comfortable, with TV's, magazines and an area with Coffee, Tea and Water. All examination rooms feel sophisticated and clean.
5 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Felt like a human, always took the time to talk to me kindly and explain everything thoroughly, called me every day to inform me of the progress of my fertilised eggs after retrieval. Always made me feel at ease.
Agonist Protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Debbie Harrison, RN)
The staff at SCRC BH were very helpful when it came to teaching me how to administer the medications. The technicians performing blood-work and Ultrasounds were really sweet and lovely. The Doctors nurses at the doctors station, were nice and for the most part well organised but did not go above normal standards. No gifted samples, no extra kindness, would take long to respond to emails and calls.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Highly organised, which is practical but not always coddling or comforting, feels a little factory-like. There are a lot of Nurses that work for each doctor so it is hard to get personal with any of them, in what feels like the most personal procedure out there. It feels somewhat like a meat market, with so many patients in the waiting room. Be prepared to wait for 1+ hours to get blood-work and your ultrasound, each time. Though once done, you can leave and then wait for a phone call from the main Nurse. Facilities are bright and beautiful and feel very luxurious. Waiting rooms are comfortable, with TV's, magazines and an area with Coffee, Tea and Water. All examination rooms feel sophisticated and clean.
I would have a window between 7am and 11am, to go for blood-work and ultrasounds. Even though the waits would be of 1+ hours, it was convenient most of the time. Wasn't made to wait around once I was done with the tests, I could go home and instructions would be given to me then!
Prices in 2017 ROUND #1 SCRC Multiple charges of $340 - $510 a pop prior and post starting cycle which amounted to $2,655 just for blood, ultrasound and extra testing. IVF Round $6,295 | Roxbury Surgery (for egg retrieval) ART CENTER - ROXBURY SURGERY CENTER - IVF EMBRYOLOGY/ASSISTED FERT/EMBRYO CRYOPRESERVATION $13,240. (Medication prices not included). ROUND #2 (with transfer) IVF Round $6,051 | Roxbury Surgery (for egg retrieval) ART CENTER - ROXBURY SURGERY CENTER - IVF EMBRYOLOGY/ASSISTED FERT/EMBRYO CRYOPRESERVATION $12,590. (Medication prices not included) | HSS (HYSTEROSONOGRAM) w/saline solution $565.00 | TRANSFER OF EMBRYO $3,370. | Additional testing (bloodwork, ultrasound etc) not included in Cycle $4,785.
Describe Hal Danzer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
We only had one embryo to transfer anyway.
Beverly Hills

I felt I was very educated [by Dr. Ghadir] on why single embryo transfer was a good decision for me given the high likelihood I would become pregnant and specific medical situation...was invested in my personal situation and was aware and engaged in not just my medical history but the factors in my life that contributed to my fertility decisions...was someone I could implicitly trust and count on. In a sea of emotional decisions that had to be made he was a steadfast guide who knew just how to balance a compassionate bedside manner with objective medical expertise.
I found SCRC to be exceptionally professional and I found it to be a very curated and high end experience---which was a refreshing change from my past medical experiences. I also found the patient liaison to be exceptionally helpful and the concierge service they made available made my experience very smooth as all my questions were always answered and I felt very secure in the level of medical skill I was getting at the practice.
Dr. Ghadir was someone I could implicitly trust and count on. In a sea of emotional decisions that had to be made he was a steadfast guide who knew just how to balance a compassionate bedside manner with objective medical expertise.
I would advise any future patient of Dr. Ghadir's to be completely open and honest about their fertility goals and the mitigating factors that impact their decisions including finances so that he can make sure his treatments take your full life picture into account.
I felt Dr. Ghadir was invested in my personal situation and was aware and engaged in not just my medical history but the factors in my life that contributed to my fertility decisions.
I don't really remember the exact protocols but I do remember that they were extremely effective (which is why maybe I don't remember them as I didn't need to implement many adjustments).
The nursing staff was extremely kind and very skilled. I think if anything I'd say they were extremely busy.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
I don't really remember, I think all in for retrieval and 2 transfers it was between 40 & 50k?
I felt I was very educated on why single embryo transfer was a good decision for me given the high likelihood I would become pregnant and specific medical situation. I can't speak to his approach with other patients but it worked for me.
Beverly Hills

Dr. Alexander was a cheerleader through the process and genuinely wants you to get pregnant, but it seems like she sees too many patients and can’t give them individualized care. ... We didn’t make a decision and she called me a couple weeks later to check in, I was midway through my cycle like day 12 and she said we should try an IUI, she prescribed me injections and they were delivered to my house... Never did any testing before or an ultrasound... Strange now in hindsight, but I had no clue standard procedure.
The office [SCRC] is jam packed, waiting room is crazy filled with people and half the time you aren’t even sure if you’re being called for blood or what. Even the nurses might ask what you’re waiting for. ... I may have been a newbie, but I also feel like every new patient should be talked through the process. The billing process was easy and they were nice to deal with, although we were paying out of pocket, so not sure about insurance being involved.
Dr. Alexander was super thorough and easy to talk to, when we were able to see her. My husband initially went in just for a semen analysis (referred by my OBGYN) and we were able to do a consultation once his results were in.. he had a 1% morph. She went through some basic questions with us and she explained our options (IUI, IVF, etc). We didn’t make a decision and she called me a couple weeks later to check in, I was midway through my cycle like day 12 and she said we should try an IUI, she prescribed me injections and they were delivered to my house... Never did any testing before or an ultrasound... Strange now in hindsight, but I had no clue standard procedure. I’m sure she just wanted to give my follicles an extra oomph. I went in after the injections for an ultrasound, but never saw Dr. Alexander for those, only a nurse and Dr. Alexander would call me after with her take on my follies + a plan. Eventually we did the trigger and scheduled an IUI 36 hours after. The IUI process was with her and she was great through it, although only saw her for the insemination. She prescribed progesterone and sent me on my way. I started my period and came in for an ultrasound with a nurse and the nurse mentioned it looked like I might have cysts. Dr. Alexander called me after and said she thought they were follicles that were big and I was going to ovulate any day... it was CD3 and I wasn’t on any medication, I normally ovulate on CD16... I got a weird feeling and decided not to continue with her and the office, it felt like my care wasn’t being considered and they were using a one size fits all procedure. Dr. Alexander was a cheerleader through the process and genuinely wants you to get pregnant, but it seems like she sees too many patients and can’t give them individualized care.
She is genuinely sweet and means every word she says to you, she’s extremely hopeful... But make sure to ask a lot of questions and be your own advocate through the process if something doesn’t feel right.
The office is jam packed, waiting room is crazy filled with people and half the time you aren’t even sure if you’re being called for blood or what. Even the nurses might ask what you’re waiting for.
We did Gonal-F injections 75IU CD12-14, an HCG shot on CD15 and an IUI on CD17. Started progesterone suppositories CD19 at night til period started on CD28
The nursing staff was good, but seemed overwhelmed sometimes. It almost felt like they were the doctors while they did the ultrasound and then when they called with the prescriptions advising you on dosage, etc. They were sweet and answered most questions, but were a bit short with their answers.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic is busy, there are two sign in sheets - one for appointments and one for blood work. Most of the time I wasn’t sure if I needed to do blood work or not and I’d just sign in on the regular sheet, then 45 minutes later after waiting, I was told to sign in on the blood test sheet... I’m not sure how I would know if no one told me I’d be doing a blood test. Since it was my firstborn RE experience I may have been a newbie, but I also feel like every new patient should be talked through the process. The billing process was easy and they were nice to deal with, although we were paying out of pocket, so not sure about insurance being involved.
I can’t remember fully, but I know the ultrasound and office visits were more expensive than my current RE... I want to say it was $190 per visit for a standard ultrasound and the IUI was around $500.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
When my ultrasound with the nurse/tech happened once my period started after the gonal-f injections she mentioned I most likely had cysts, but Dr. Alexander would have to diagnose it. When she called she said they’re just big follicles... It was CD3. I started spotting that cycle several times throughout and the next RE I saw mentioned they were most likely small cysts that ruptured on their own.
Beverly Hills

Dr. Chang made me and my partner feel welcomed from the beginning. She was thorough and delicate in explaining our treatment plan, reading of lab results and clear with next steps. She made us feel very calm and confident even with such overwhelming and technical information....We've gone through many pre-tests and ultrasounds that have helped her give her a baseline of our health. I appreciate her having us take our time to improve our chances instead of rushing into the procedure.
Clinic [SRC - BH] is clean, modern, sophisticated. The hours are good and open early enough so that I could get my blood drawn before heading to work. In the early part of process, I think they could improve on how they reach out to a new prospective client as I felt like I had to initially chase the answers/information.... Nurses have thus far been able to answer questions that I have either via email or phone. At times, I might have to call back to get a more timely answer, but overall they have been responsive.
How was your experience with Wendy Chang at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Chang has been thorough in explaining information to us. She appears like she cares and wants to optimize our chances of getting pregnant. She communicates in a clear manner, often speaking slowly and calmly, which is appreciated given the technicalities of IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wendy Chang at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Describe the protocols Wendy Chang used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
I have not completed a full cycle yet, but Dr. Chang is currently preparing for IVF and has suggested a number of supplements to optimize our health. We've gone through many pre-tests and ultrasounds that have helped her give her a baseline of our health. I appreciate her having us take our time to improve our chances instead of rushing into the procedure.
Nurses have thus far been able to answer questions that I have either via email or phone. At times, I might have to call back to get a more timely answer, but overall they have been responsive. When communicating, they appear warm, friendly and helpful. One suggestion would be for them to introduce themselves so that I could get to know their names as I know I'll be working with them more closely over the next few months.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Clinic is clean, modern, sophisticated. The hours are good and open early enough so that I could get my blood drawn before heading to work. In the early part of process, I think they could improve on how they reach out to a new prospective client as I felt like I had to initially chase the answers/information.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wendy Chang at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Genetic screening, consultation office visits, ultrasounds, cycle day 2 labs, supplements
Wendy Chang
Beverly Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Wendy Chang at Southern California Reproductive Center.

Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Alexander was compassionate and caring to a fault. This was just what we needed in the beginning but as things went wrong this actually made the process more difficult because she had strong feelings which were sometimes hard to deal with.... Dr. Alexander was extremely compassionate and thorough with testing before we started a cycle.... Our first transfer was delayed because she found polyps and I was scheduled for a hysteroscopy to remove them.
It's like a factory. The waiting room [So Cal Reproductive Ctr] - Beverly Hills] is bustling sometimes beyond what's tolerable. There are t.v.s to watch in the waiting room. It's almost impossible to get anyone to answer the phone or call you back. The financial department is not helpful and was absent the entire time (there were mistakes.) . The lab techs are very nice and on it.... The nurses were great in person. All of them were warm and knowledgable. They were sometimes hard to get a hold of and I would have to follow up on medications because occasionally something slipped between the cracks.
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
We started doing IVF for male factor (1 % morphology) after I had two chemical pregnancies. Dr. Alexander was extremely compassionate and thorough with testing before we started a cycle. She was confident I would get pregnant as everything on my side looked amazing. Our egg retrieval went great, with 4 PGS normal embryos. Our first transfer was delayed because she found polyps and I was scheduled for a hysteroscopy to remove them. While under she found a uterine septum and removed that as well. Then I tested slightly positive for irregular uterine cells and did a course of antibiotics. We finally started our transfer cycle only to be cancelled because my lining wasn't responding to the meds properly. We started again with a different type of estrogen priming and went ahead with our first transfer which resulted in a pregnancy. Dr. Alexander was more excited than me, as I was cautiously optimistic because I knew one beta test is not the whole picture. Our second beta came back lower than they would have liked and we did a third one which was normal. After this we waited to do an ultrasound at which point things did not look good. I was told this news during the ultrasound which was very upsetting. We had to go back several times to keep watching and I eventually started to miscarry and took drugs to help it along. Transfer 2 failed, which was shocking to everyone. We met with Dr. Alexander and she suggested an ERA and seeing a hematologist, which didn't make total sense to me. I said, why don't we do one more transfer before we do all that and she suggested another hysteroscopy before a transfer and the plan was to do a third transfer before she left for the holidays. We did the hysteroscopy where she removed a small piece of tissue but everything else looked great. We then found out that we wouldn't have time to do the transfer we talked about doing so I suggested doing the ERA while we were waiting for her to get back. We started a mock cycle on their "standard protocol" which did not work at all for me on any level. It was the same hormone protocol as the first cancelled transfer... I expressed concerns about this not working and was told it would be fine. When my lining didn't respond and this cycle was cancelled, I felt like Dr. Alexander started to lose confidence. She said the ERA was no longer necessary as she "didn't want to be chasing her tail around trying to get a good lining." It was disconcerting being told we needed a test and then a week later we didn't. She suggested trying a natural cycle which I started and when she discovered fluid in my uterus (which I believe was there from the cancelled cycle before) we were brought into her office and mid-cycle suggested surrogacy in a very odd way. Asking if I knew anyone who I would want to be my surrogate and saying she wished she could be mine. My husband and I were no where near ready for that conversation and it was very strange to have it brought up in the middle of an FET cycle. The fluid was aspirated, I had a second HSG with her associate (who called me a conundrum during that procedure) and she recommended going ahead with the third transfer. That one failed and we decided to get a second opinion at that point.
Be ready to be in the driver's seat of your fertility journey whether it's following up for results, getting medications called in and doing your research. Dr. Alexander is smart but there were things that were missed along the way and I wish we were given a more realistic idea of what to expect with the entire process.
Dr. Alexander was compassionate and caring to a fault. This was just what we needed in the beginning but as things went wrong this actually made the process more difficult because she had strong feelings which were sometimes hard to deal with. The nurses were compassionate when I saw them and always knew my name and had a positive and caring attitude no matter what was happening.
Egg retrieval was pretty typical. FET changed from estrogen pills to many patches and Viagra, lovenox, steroids and lots of natural supplements and PIO and endometrin when it was time. Final FET was natural (waiting for me to ovulate) with a little patch support and endometrin/PIO shots, lovenox and steroids.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
It's like a factory. The waiting room is bustling sometimes beyond what's tolerable. There are t.v.s to watch in the waiting room. It's almost impossible to get anyone to answer the phone or call you back. The financial department is not helpful and was absent the entire time (there were mistakes.) . The lab techs are very nice and on it.
I think a retrieval cycle was listed as a little over $20k but once you add tests and meds its more like $30k. We spent close to $7k for everything for each transfer.
She went back and forth about whether or not to transfer one or two but ultimately agreed with our decision to transfer one at a time... she felt strongly about me not carrying twins for health reasons.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Wendy Chang] genuinely cares about her patients and will do anything within her ability to help you achieve your desired outcome. She pays close attention to detail and is very articulate. She will explain things as many times a you need to hear them, and give you her undivided attention.... Since we went through 3 rounds, she did try a variety of medications and approaches. She paid really close attention to my wife's response and made adjustments if/when necessary. The first round was a high dose of meds to which my wife did not respond well to. The next round, she tried a much lower dose and we were able to create one embryo even though we did not retrieve as my eggs. The final round she tried the same process and we got 8 eggs, but unfortunately no embryos. Our situation was a bit unique though because both my wife and I have fertility issues, so our chances of making an embryo together we are finding is pretty low.
The clinic [S. CA Reproductive Center] is overwhelming, somewhat disorganized and you can you expect long wait times. We were really frustrated by the lack of communication between departments and sometimes had to follow-up multiple times to get an answer to even simple questions. ... About $40K for a two cycle package without the meds. The package included everything necessary to complete the cycle (blood work, ultrasounds, surgery center fees etc..)
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She genuinely cares about her patients and will do anything within her ability to help you achieve your desired outcome. She pays close attention to detail and is very articulate. She will explain things as many times a you need to hear them, and give you her undivided attention.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wendy Chang at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Invest in the consult and make sure her style/approach is right for you. Because her practice has one of the best labs in the country, we decided to move forward with her office. We were told the labs were the most important part of the process, but she is also an extremely competent and supportive doctor which you don't always find in this profession.
Incredible bedside manner, very detail oriented, extremely caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley and Kimberly)
the primary nurse was excellent and so were the techs. However, some of the other nurses we worked with were really negligent and had a hard time communicating policy/procedure. We felt fortunate to have the primary nurse that we did (Kimberly) because she was outstanding and really supported us throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic is overwhelming, somewhat disorganized and you can you expect long wait times. We were really frustrated by the lack of communication between departments and sometimes had to follow-up multiple times to get an answer to even simple questions. If it wasn't for Dr. Chang and our amazing nurse, we would have likely gone to a different practice after the first round.
Describe Wendy Chang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
She recommended a single embryo transfer for us, because of the inherit risk of having twins.
Wendy Chang

2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Danzer was kind and personable, but I had very little interaction with him. I also feel that my protocol and care was standardized, not personalized... I was okay with a more straight-forward approach, the results were more important to me than bedside manner. However, I would have liked a bit more personal experience and reflection on our specific case...A couple of times, I had to request to meet with him personally, which was arranged.
I feel a bit conflicted about Dr. Danzer's nurses [at Southern California Reproductive Center]. They were warm enough, and I appreciated their timely email responses. But they made several MAJOR errors I had to catch, once with my calendar and another with calling in the correct dosage of meds to my pharmacy. I have heard many other women complain about this same issue. I'm not sure how there have not been more serious consequences for some of the mistakes. I will say, they were always present and available to speak with me at my appointment times. Initially, it was hard to get a hold of them when outside of the office. But then I built a good relationship with one of the nurses, and I think that made a difference.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
As I mentioned, Dr. Danzer was kind and personable, but I had very little interaction with him. I also feel that my protocol and care was standardized, not personalized. I did have great trust in Dr. Danzer, that he knew what he was doing (his history and notariety speak for themselves) and that he would obtain the best results he could for us. I was okay with a more straight-forward approach, the results were more important to me than bedside manner. However, I would have liked a bit more personal experience and reflection on our specific case.
Definitely advocate for yourself, especially with his support staff. And I would try to build as much of a relationship with Dr. Danzer as possible early on. Try to get in front of him, when you can. A couple of times, I had to request to meet with him personally, which was arranged. I think that is helpful. Also, find one friend within his team - that helped us immensely.
I admit, I did not expect to receive amazing personal care going in to SCRC. I had always been happy with my interactions with the doctors and liked the office when I visited, but I knew it was a popular/busy office and I had heard other feedback that it is a somewhat business-like environment. Dr. Danzer was kind and personable, but I had very little interaction with him. I also feel that my protocol and care was standardized, not personalized. I loved the phlebotomists and the ultrasound technicians! As for Dr. Danzer's nurses, I feel a bit conflicted. They were warm enough, but they made several errors I had to catch and it was somewhat difficult to get a hold of anyone in the office. I will say, I loved the office flexibility and efficiency. They had early morning appointments available, and I could get in and out without having to take time away from work. This was convenient and appreciated.
Dr. Danzer used a standardized protocol - birth control pills, followed by an antagonist approach of Gonal F (primary) and Menopur (secondary), with Cetrotide and trigger at time of egg retrieval. We have not moved on to the transfer cycle with him yet, so not sure of his protocol there. I felt pretty fine on the medication. The staff met with me for instruction, and offered a helpful website with videos. Because of my age, he did hit me with higher dosages. I was unsure of this, at the time, but now feel that might have been the right way to go. I ended up having to be on the meds for two extra days, for response growth. I came in for ultrasounds and blood draws every other morning. My egg retrieval went smoothly, however I did end up having slight OHSS about one week later. It cleared up the following week. We were happy with our results at first, then a bit disappointed. Retrieved 20, but less than half fertilized. We did send most off for genetic screening, but the majority were abnormal. Dr. Danzer did offer good education on our results, which I appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Two primary nurses)
As I mentioned, I feel a bit conflicted about Dr. Danzer's nurses. They were warm enough, and I appreciated their timely email responses. But they made several MAJOR errors I had to catch, once with my calendar and another with calling in the correct dosage of meds to my pharmacy. I have heard many other women complain about this same issue. I'm not sure how there have not been more serious consequences for some of the mistakes. I will say, they were always present and available to speak with me at my appointment times. Initially, it was hard to get a hold of them when outside of the office. But then I built a good relationship with one of the nurses, and I think that made a difference.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Again, I did not expect to receive amazing personal care going in to SCRC, given it is a popular/busy office and I had heard other feedback that it is a somewhat business-like environment. I adored my friendly and competent phlebotomists, and the ultrasound technicians were also great! As mentioned, it is very hard to get a hold of anyone over the phone. I made all of my next appointments in person. And my favorite part was the office flexibility and efficiency. They had early morning appointments available, and I could get in and out without having to take time away from work. This was convenient and appreciated.
This was definitely not an inexpensive clinic, but I knew that going in. We were paying for the best. Both Dr. Danzer and the clinic/lab have stellar scores, no question. I was happy with the fact that the clinic did try to find us savings, where possible. I don't know that I would go so far as to say they worked with our budget, but they did try to get us some discounts.
We have not embarked on this part of the process just yet. I believe Dr. Danzer does recommend eSET, which I feel comfortable doing.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Any issues were mainly with the nursing team. As I mentioned, I caught two significant discrepancies, one with my calendar and visit/med timing and the other with the med dosage called in to my pharmacy. There was varied confusion at other times, but these were the two main items.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Danzer] is very knowledgeable and changes course as needed based on your response to treatment. I trusted him and felt I was getting the treatment I was expecting. I felt like he knew my case and paid attention to me beyond just the standard protocol. He also was straight forward with me regarding my options and treatment plan. He consulted other doctors in the clinic as well to get their opinions on my treatment.
Clinic [So Cal Repro Ctr] is great and the surgery center is next to the clinic. ... I loved the ultrasound techs and lab techs. So gentle and kind. They had early hours which were really helpful since I was working full time throughout treatment and this allowed me to attend work without interruptions for monitoring appointments. ... The nursing staff often made mistakes to my instructions and were hard to get in touch with. Some of the nurses were great and some were not. I had to be a squeaky wheel to get their attention.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He is very knowledgeable and changes course as needed based on your response to treatment. I trusted him and felt I was getting the treatment I was expecting. I felt like he knew my case and paid attention to me beyond just the standard protocol. He also was straight forward with me regarding my options and treatment plan. He consulted other doctors in the clinic as well to get their opinions on my treatment.
Have trust in your doctor but be your own self advocate.
Sometimes had trouble reaching his nursing team but Dr. Danzer was always available when needed to discuss treatment plans, progress, results, next steps
For retrievals I did birth control followed by menopur and follistim and added ganirelix part way through. I used an hcg trigger my first retrieval and a lupron trigger for my second retrieval. I did a transfer with birth control, Medrol, estrace, pio injections, and progesterone suppositories. I did the same for the ERA. We changed the injection time for pio for the second transfer to be exact based on the ERA.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Clinic is great and the surgery center is next to the clinic. Everyone was helpful and friendly. I loved the ultrasound techs and lab techs. So gentle and kind. They had early hours which were really helpful since I was working full time throughout treatment and this allowed me to attend work without interruptions for monitoring appointments.
My doctor preferred to transfer one embryo especially since they were pgd and pgs tested and we did not want to risk multiples so we selected a single embryo for each transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
The nurses were not always on the same page as the doctor and got confused easily. This was remedied by contacting them and questioning them before it was too late.
Hal Danzer
Dr. Akopian and I sat for over and hour and never in that time did I feel she was rushing through the conversation. She gave me a run down of our options ( at that point ) drew illustrations for me to better understand and made me feel hopeful again. ... She personally called me to give me my results after each test I have had up to date ( US readings, Blood test, Genetics, etc) I never had to chase her down or wait long for my results, Dr. Akopian was on top of it.
A financial advisor [Southern California Repro Center] is present to assist in the payment options ... Julia is such the sweetest nurse I have come across. She was so warm, friendly and on top of everything. She was the first one I came in contact, she could tell I was nervous ( I was alone) she walked me through a bit, made sure I was comfortable. ... The office staff is genuine and nice as well. I been bragging about this office since I first stepped into it. 5 stars all around!
She is genuinely warm and compassionate. She explains everything in great detail. She personally called me to give me my results after each test I have had up to date ( US readings, Blood test, Genetics, etc) I never had to chase her down or wait long for my results, Dr. Akopian was on top of it.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She has answers and is more then willing to educate.
My husband and I are really early in the whole process of IVF. We have been trying for almost 4 years. After our primary doctors lead us down the wrong paths I decided to reach out to SCRC in Beverly Hills. First visit Dr. Akopian and her nurse Julia were so warm and explained every detail to me. Dr. Akopian and I sat for over and hour and never in that time did I feel she was rushing through the conversation. She gave me a run down of our options ( at that point ) drew illustrations for me to better understand and made me feel hopeful again.Her Nurse Julia is a total sweetheart and kept up with my weekly to make sure I was getting the proper care for my husband who was seeing the wrong Urologist for 2 years (Recommended by his primary for fertility), Dr. Akopian and Julia (RN) also helped us find him a proper urologist who specializes in fertility for men( whom my husband fell in love with after the first visit). The office staff is genuine and nice as well. I been bragging about this office since I first stepped into it. 5 stars all around!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
Julia is such the sweetest nurse I have come across. She was so warm, friendly and on top of everything. She was the first one I came in contact, she could tell I was nervous ( I was alone) she walked me through a bit, made sure I was comfortable. By the time Dr. Akopian came in she and I were joking about something none related which helped me to relax
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
There are 2 different offices on the floor exiting the elevator I was a bit confused. It’s an open concept. That’s about it, front office staff is nice, helpful and willing to answer basic questions and info
I personally paid out of pocket. Insurance covers some portions. A financial advisor is present to assist in the payment options
Beverly Hills

[Dr. Shahin Ghadir is] Personable, warm and compassionate...he is results driven and wants you to get pregnant as much as you do. His communication was direct but warm and he did a good job of keeping you motivated whilst being thorough with tests and exams. The challenging part is that Drs don't always understand how much the costs can escalate...[protocol] FET - Higher success rate...Uterine Biopsy - to ensure embryo transfer date was correct after 2 failed transfers
[Monitoring at Southern California Reproductive Center is] Really easy, i would go in early before 8am and be taken within 20 mins...Strengths - All front line staff including phlemotomists ( i hate blood draw and they were amazing here. Even let me lie down a few times to have it drawn. Ultrasound techs - were amazing at communicating and your biggest cheerleaders...Front desk staff always knew you too and were very mindful of your present situation. Only fault was back office billing staff were pretty poor at communication and impossible to contact
Personable, warm and compassionate he is results driven and wants you to get pregnant as much as you do. His communication was direct but warm and he did a good job of keeping you motivated whilst being thorough with tests and exams. The challenging part is that Drs don't always understand how much the costs can escalate.
Don't get carried away with the enthusiasm, ask lots of questions and take things slowly
High level of care and communication. I Really enjoyed going into the clinic as all staff made effort to remember and know you. I felt like everyone was cheering us on
FET - Higher success rate Uterine Biopsy - to ensure embryo transfer date was correct after 2 failed transfers
Maria and Ludi were phenomenal. Warm, kind and compassionate. No question was too small and they were there for you 100%. I did have other issues with another part time nurse who made multiple mistakes so I tried to avoid that nurse, she was only there sometimes but she was not focused at all.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Strengths - All front line staff including phlemotomists ( i hate blood draw and they were amazing here. Even let me lie down a few times to have it drawn. Ultrasound techs - were amazing at communicating and your biggest cheerleaders . Nurses too as mentioned before. Front desk staff always knew you too and were very mindful of your present situation. Only fault was back office billing staff were pretty poor at communication and impossible to contact
Really easy, i would go in early before 8am and be taken within 20 mins
Dr open to transfer 2 for higher success
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
As mentioned before there was one nurse who worked part time who made multiple errors such as alerting the Dr that I was ovulating meaning I missed iui window. I was also given the wrong calculation for FET. There were no disasters just re-inforces you have to be aware and double check details you are given and take responsibility for your own care