Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
751 North Rutledge Street
Springfield, IL 62702
217.545.2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Southern Illinois University to a friend?

6.6

2 doctors
2019 - 2020
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I really enjoyed Loret de Mola as my doctor. He was very blunt about my situation and had an exact idea for a solution. It may not have always been what I wanted to hear, but he gave educated answers backed by research. As a nurse, this was something I really appreciated. ... I was always treated in a professional manner. Dr de Mola was always straightforward during my treatment plan and very kind when things didn’t turn out the way we wanted them to.
Communication is kind of hard [at SIU] until you are an established patient. It is very hard to reach them by phone. Once established, using the my health message system makes everything a lot easier. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. ... I really enjoyed the nursing staff! Everyone was kind and helpful. Brooke always had a kind smile. She and Nicole were always quick to get me the information I needed. Amber treated me like I was an old friend and made me feel really comfortable.
2019 - 2020
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with J. Ricardo Loret de Mola at Southern Illinois University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of J. Ricardo Loret de Mola at Southern Illinois University?
You are your own best advocate. Stay on top of your treatment plan. Ask every question!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with J. Ricardo Loret de Mola at Southern Illinois University?
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
Communication is kind of hard until you are an established patient. It is very hard to reach them by phone. Once established, using the my health message system makes everything a lot easier. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under J. Ricardo Loret de Mola at Southern Illinois University.
My insurance didn’t cover anything both times we used their services. I was responsible for all labs. IUI was around $1800. IVF was $9500 + labs for ultrasounds, egg retrieval, and a fresh transfer. For our frozen cycle, I believe it was around $3800 for ultrasounds and transfer. In total for 2 IUI, 1 IVF retrieval/transfer, and 1 frozen transfer, plus all the medications, we spent just under $30,000.
Describe J. Ricardo Loret de Mola's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern Illinois University.
We did eSET for the fresh transfer. At that time, for my age and not knowing I would have issues getting/staying pregnant, it was the best option. I researched the topic before I received treatment and I agreed with his recommendation of eSET.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with J. Ricardo Loret de Mola at Southern Illinois University.

2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Loret De Mola] is an extremely knowledgeable doctor; however, he is gone way too much. When I first treated with him, I felt like he was present and knew exactly what was going on. Returning to the clinic, I did not get the same experience. Further, when cycles failed, I was always made to feel like something must be wrong with me even though he never changed the course of action...I completely understand the risks association with multiple embryo transfer and appreciate that Dr. Loret de Mola would rather have healthy pregnancies than quick pregnancies. However, I think he uses a fear factor to keep patients from considering transferring 2 and doesn’t pay attention to each individual patient’s circumstances when being so forceful about only transferring 1.
Constantly stay on top of the nurses [at Southern Illinois University] otherwise you won’t get responses or the medications you need. Double check ANYthing a nurse tells you...Do all of your own independent research. Know your own chart like the back of your hand...The nursing staff has NO clue what is going on...They are not responsive at all, and are generally unable to answer any questions. If they tell you a dosage or time to take your medication, I would double check or ask to speak with the doctor...lots of additional costs were added in. With the same insurance, I am paying significantly more for the same treatment 1 year later.
2017 - 2019
He is an extremely knowledgeable doctor; however, he is gone way too much. When I first treated with him, I felt like he was present and knew exactly what was going on. Returning to the clinic, I did not get the same experience. Further, when cycles failed, I was always made to feel like something must be wrong with me even though he never changed the course of action.
Do all of your own independent research. Know your own chart like the back of your hand. Constantly stay on top of the nurses otherwise you won’t get responses or the medications you need. Double check ANYthing a nurse tells you.
I was very much treated like a human; however, I generally knew more about the medications and what needed to be done than any of the nurses that were suppose to be helping me. I’m not sure I would have been treated the same if I had not been so assertive and paying such close attention.
The nursing staff has NO clue what is going on. You have to be your own advocate and know your own chart and medications. They are not responsive at all, and are generally unable to answer any questions. If they tell you a dosage or time to take your medication, I would double check or ask to speak with the doctor.
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
The only strengths of this clinic are the embryologist and the IVF Director/coordinator. They both truly care, will take the time to answer questions, and are extremely knowledgeable about the process. The weaknesses are the nurses, the front desk, the disorganization, the unresponsiveness, and the laziness of a majority of the staff.
When I first attended this clinic I had very minimal costs due to insurance. When I returned, lots of additional costs were added in. With the same insurance, I am paying significantly more for the same treatment 1 year later.
I completely understand the risks association with multiple embryo transfer and appreciate that Dr. Loret de Mola would rather have healthy pregnancies than quick pregnancies. However, I think he uses a fear factor to keep patients from considering transferring 2 and doesn’t pay attention to each individual patient’s circumstances when being so forceful about only transferring 1. I think he exaggerates the risks of multiples and chances of multiples.
+ Read more- Read less

Only had consultation with [Dr. Loret de Mola] No treatments...We waited almost 3 hours to be taken back to an exam room for the consult. Then we waited another 15-30 minutes for the Dr. to come in, talk to us for 5 minutes, then leave...He went ahead and ordered baseline workup labs for myself and my husband, but told us we pretty much weren't doing anything right in regards to timing and frequency during the ovulation phase, and to 'just keep trying' but add back in the OPKs. He didn't think anything was wrong. I left there in tears, and immediately made a consult with a different physician.
This clinic [Southern Illinois University] thrives on the fact that they are the only RE in the city. I get the feeling that they don't know when to say 'no' to taking on new patients when they're already so busy. Their office feels like a dungeon, and is hard to find. I also noticed minimal staffing... the waiting room was full. I mean, literally no more chairs to sit in type of full. We waited almost 3 hours to be taken back to an exam room for the consult.
We waited 3 hours to see this physician. When the Dr. came in the room, he was rude, showed no compassion, and dismissed my concerns. I had to fight back tears during the consult-it was that bad. He went ahead and ordered baseline workup labs for myself and my husband, but told us we pretty much weren't doing anything right in regards to timing and frequency during the ovulation phase, and to 'just keep trying' but add back in the OPKs. He didn't think anything was wrong. I left there in tears, and immediately made a consult with a different physician.
Read the reviews! And talk to anyone you may know who has seen him. I wish I would have listened to the people I talked to, and saved myself the upset.
When we went in for the consultation, the waiting room was full. I mean, literally no more chairs to sit in type of full. We waited almost 3 hours to be taken back to an exam room for the consult. Then we waited another 15-30 minutes for the Dr. to come in, talk to us for 5 minutes, then leave.
Describe the protocols J. Ricardo Loret de Mola used in your cycles at Southern Illinois University and their degree of success.
Only had consultation with this Dr. No treatments.
The one nurse I did interact with was who took me back to the exam room for the consult. She reviewed the history & physical form I had already filled out, but was pretty abrasive when asking about previous miscarriages/pregnancies. I only spoke with her for about 5 minutes.
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
This clinic thrives on the fact that they are the only RE in the city. I get the feeling that they don't know when to say 'no' to taking on new patients when they're already so busy. Their office feels like a dungeon, and is hard to find. I also noticed minimal staffing.
I only paid like $50 out of pocket after insurance for the consult. Most, if not all of the labs were covered under insurance.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
He has a very strong stance on single embryo transfer. We did end up transfering 2 ... Be prepared for his bluntness, it does not mean he is heartless or does not care. He just doesn’t sugar coat, which while harsh- is exactly what you need when navigating infertility....However that does not mean he [Dr. Loret de Mola] lacks in compassion whatsoever. Our first appointment he sat down on the table next to me and apologized for the experience I had with a previous RE. He was honest about why he felt our previous course of treatments were wrong but also explained what he felt he could do to help us.
We did have a miscommunication early on where it appeared information had not been passed on to the doctor. We had communicated our choice in starting IVF vs injectable IUI, when going for our next appointment we anticipated protocols and calendars however Doc did not appear to know our decision and we felt it was a bit of a wasted appointment....The staff [at SIU] would greet me and my husband by first name, they were familiar with me and my history without accessing the chart which made me feel very well cared for...
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
LDM is extremely blunt, honest, and to the point. However that does not mean he lacks in compassion whatsoever. Our first appointment he sat down on the table next to me and apologized for the experience I had with a previous RE. He was honest about why he felt our previous course of treatments were wrong but also explained what he felt he could do to help us. When I had a med error and had to call for the on call nurse, it was actually him. He was so kind and could tell I was upset, even though it was late he stayed on the phone talking me down and reassuring me that everything was going to be okay. He remembers special details about my life and is always sure to ask about things.
The staff would greet me and my husband by first name, they were familiar with me and my history without accessing the chart which made me feel very well cared for.
I first had an HSG which my previous RE had refused to do. We had also previously been told my husband had extremely low count, after rechecking multiple times, he told us that was incorrect and like due to lab errors. I did IVF with Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, Medrol, Doxycycline, PIO. No med adjustments were made throughout stimulation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern Illinois University. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
The staff was incredible. Mayjan (office manager) went above and beyond to help us get old records, set up extra appointments and navigate the cost. The nurses are all fantastic and caring and I have no complaints. Amber was also great, she is a wonderful phlebotomist and really puts you at ease during your appointments.
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
We did have some bumps in the beginning just getting settled and a plan of action set, but after that it was really smooth sailing. Everything is well communicated and they are extremely quick to respond using their app. The waiting room leaves some to be desired as the TV gets no clear channels and there is a somewhat lack of privacy due to the proximity of the lab area.
IVF Cash package price $9500 Meds $6700 Mock Transfer and SIS $1200 FDA labs $1100
He has a very strong stance on single embryo transfer. We did end up transfering 2 ( per Jim the embryologist) due to fragmentation.

2013 - 2018
He [Dr. Loret de Mola] does a very good job of reaching you on your level. He will sit and talk/explain until you have an understanding. Also what stood out-he gave a hug or touched your hand during the hard times... We did a fresh cycle/transfer and had six embryos. We were so excited - but over a years time not one of those six embryos and 4 transfers later turned into a successful pregnancy. We had one miscarriage but all the rest were failed transfers. After all this he said we could "try again" but did not mention what to do differently or how we could increase our odds.
just continual bad luck [at Southern Illinois University]. Six embryos, four transfers and no baby. We are looking elsewhere...A fresh cycle of IVF was about $10,000 plus meds $5-6,000. Every FET was $4,000 plus meds $1,500-2000... It's weakness is that there is only one doctor and one embryologist. So there is no team experience. What they think is what they do. I would prefer to have a bigger clinic next time.
2013 - 2018
Dr. LDM gave us our twins in 2014. We only had two embryos from our retrieval so we transferred both. We were due with a boy and a girl but unfortunately they came early at 23 weeks. We lost our daughter after 17 hours but now our son turned 4 and we have been trying for the last 3 years to give him another sibling. We had no doubt that returning to SIU for another cycle of IVF would do the trick. We did a fresh cycle/transfer and had six embryos. We were so excited - but over a years time not one of those six embryos and 4 transfers later turned into a successful pregnancy. We had one miscarriage but all the rest were failed transfers. After all this he said we could "try again" but did not mention what to do differently or how we could increase our odds. Just try again doing the same thing that resulted in six lost embryos and a year of our time. Needless to say we are not returning but now looking for a new clinic with a different approach. We did have success our first round and I also know a handful of women who had successful pregnancies with him as well.
Do labs and ultrasounds early in the morning! Less wait time then. :)
He does a very good job of reaching you on your level. He will sit and talk/explain until you have an understanding. Also what stood out-he gave a hug or touched your hand during the hard times.
Their staff has gone through so many changes! Over our year of treatment the nurses, aids and ultrasound techs all changed. The one constant was Mayjen. She coordinated everything at the desk and knew what was going on and how to help you.
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
It's a good clinic in the central IL area. It has better statistics than the dr's in Peoria which is why we choose to drive the hour and a half to come here. It's weakness is that there is only one doctor and one embryologist. So there is no team experience. What they think is what they do. I would prefer to have a bigger clinic next time.
Because of our previous history with 23 week twins, we did eSET for the first three transfers in 2017/8. And then for our last transfer we put in two because there were only two embryos left and our history of failed transfers. Again, it didn't work.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Southern Illinois University.
Not wrong-just continual bad luck. Six embryos, four transfers and no baby. We are looking elsewhere.

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
I felt he [Dr. J. Ricardo Loret de Mola] was very educated and had a great bedside manner. I just needed more time to understand the process because I do have a healthcare background. There was just not enough time to explain things to me as I needed them explained and other than the appointment times, I could not get questions answered by Doctor or other staff. See staff/nurse comments. I will say that things did get better once a PA was added to the staff.
I was not at all confident in the nursing staff [at SIU]. I had a lot of trouble with the nurse not calling me back even if I left multiple messages. I also had an issue with the nurse scheduling my HSG without verifying that the insurance will cover the procedure. I do not know if this was a breakdown in communication between the insurance personnel and the nurse or what, but I have the procedure done and then got a denial from the insurance company AFTER I have the procedure. I am not confident in the nursing staff to refer a friend to this facility.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
I liked Dr. Loret de Mola. My experiences with the clinic as a whole would deter me from recommending him to anyone. I had multiple problems with others. I felt he was very educated and had a great bedside manner. I just needed more time to understand the process because I do have a healthcare background. There was just not enough time to explain things to me as I needed them explained and other than the appointment times, I could not get questions answered by Doctor or other staff. See staff/nurse comments. I will say that things did get better once a PA was added to the staff.
Have your questions written out and make sure you are able to ask them at appointments because you may not get another chance to ask them.
I had a lot of trouble with the clinical staff more than once I was able to see Dr. Loret de Mola.
I had dysfunctional/occluded tubes (Hydrosalpinx dx) and had to have them removed before I could even start IVF procedures. Hydrosalpinx tube contain embryo toxic fluid. Once removed I started meds for egg retrieval, folicle and blood level monitoring, and had egg retrieval. I only had 3 eggs (1 mature and 2 immature). They fertilized the only mature egg and implanted 2 days later. The procedure was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern Illinois University. (Assigned nurse: Tara)
I was not at all confident in the nursing staff. I had a lot of trouble with the nurse not calling me back even if I left multiple messages. I also had an issue with the nurse scheduling my HSG without verifying that the insurance will cover the procedure. I do not know if this was a breakdown in communication between the insurance personnel and the nurse or what, but I have the procedure done and then got a denial from the insurance company AFTER I have the procedure. I am not confident in the nursing staff to refer a friend to this facility.
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
The clinic is attached to a hospital. It is a teaching facility, which I am pro teaching as I have been a healthcare student. The staff gradually improved, but I did have to send a letter to Quality Management before I saw an improvement. The Embryologist was the QM and I had to refer to him multiple time during my treatment to get questions answered or to get a call back. The improvements continued with the addition of a PA. I felt trapped into staying with the facility since there is no other close choices. I live in Woodson, IL and the other two options I found where Chicago (4 hr) and St. Louis (2 hr) from my residence.
There was an IVF "package" of $9500, Egg Donor/Surrogacy/Donor Clinic are extra, Genetic Testing Facility are extra, Embryo Bx are extra, Meds are extra, ect. We spent close to $20,000.00 and I only produced 1 mature egg that was not even optimal. I was told there was no indication by my blood work that would indicate the results I got. If we can raise the funds to try again, I will have to have an egg donor which will increase our costs $14,000-$20,000 more.
I did not have multiple embryos, so this does not pertain to me.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Southern Illinois University.
I had multiple issues with the insurance department. They did not get approvals before exams, did not advocate for me on insurance issues, charged me for portions of my "self pay package" that I already paid for, and neglected to call me back when I left one or multiple messages. I had to call my insurance company to advocate for myself and find out how things needed to be coded to be covered and let the insurance department know to re-code.

2010 - 2014
He [Dr. J. Ricardo Loret de Mola] didn't try to sugar coat things, recommended treatment but allowed us to make decisions for ourselves. We achieved the results we were hoping for within an acceptable time frame. He personally called to let us know our beta was positive...He recommended that we move straight to IVF due to my husband's diagnosis... he always answered my questions...Due to my diminished ovarian reserve, he told me he was expecting around 5 eggs at harvest.
You may have a wait [at SUI] before no being able to get an appt. If needing IVF, then you may have another wait once you are put on th IVF calendar...[Nurse] Holly did all of my ultrasounds (except Dr. Lower Dr Mola did one on a Sunday which was the day before retrieval). She was always very good and easy to talk to. The nurse practitioner did our IUI and went over consents and information before IVF...Staff was personable..We did have insurance coverage, but still spent approximately $10,000 over the years with our appts, treatments, and medications.
2010 - 2014
He didn't try to sugar coat things, recommended treatment but allowed us to make decisions for ourselves. We achieved the results we were hoping for within an acceptable time frame. He personally called to let us know our beta was positive.
Go into it with an open mind. Write down questions you may have before seeing him.
Staff was personable, he always answered my questions.
He recommended that we move straight to IVF due to my husband's diagnosis. Because our first was conceived after my husband having surgery, he hoped we would get lucky again. My husband insisted we try one IUI. He allowed us to do just that with clomid and an Ovidrel trigger. When it wasn't successful, we moved on to IVF with icsi. Due to my diminished ovarian reserve, he told me he was expecting around 5 eggs at harvest. I stimmed with follistim, menopur, and ganarelix. My trigger was 2 Ovidrel. I took Doxy after retrieval, and then doxy and prednisone after transfer. My beta was 15 days after retrieval. I had multiple blood draws and ultrasounds during swimming to monitor my progress.
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
You may have a wait before no being able to get an appt. If needing IVF, then you may have another wait once you are put on th IVF calendar. Don't be afraid of needles, because you will be stuck a lot. It's all worth it.

2016 - 2020
IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I have had a successful pregnancy as a result of Dr. Loret de Mola’s treatment. I’m currently trying for a second, but have unfortunately had 3 failed cycles as a result of my age. He has advised that I use a donor egg, which after much consideration I have decided to try. He was very open and honest about my chances if I continue to use my own eggs. He talked with me as I was his own daughter. I feel 100% comfortable under his care and his advice!
The clinic [SIU] now uses a messaging system to communicate most of their information. I understand why they switched to it, but i prefer talking to a person. Some of my questions were hard to answer over the messaging system. I wished I could just call a nurse. I remember being very overwhelmed during my first cycle...all the appointments, the medication, and the timing of everything. Do not hesitate to ask questions. Your nurses and doctors are there to help you and are an amazing team!
2016 - 2020
IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Ask questions
He is very caring and talks to you as if he is talking to his own daughter.
I used menopur and Follistim injections, followed by 2 injections of Ovidrel. Then the progesterone injections every evening.
Very caring and personable!
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
The clinic now uses a messaging system to communicate most of their information. I understand why they switched to it, but i prefer talking to a person. Some of my questions were hard to answer over the messaging system. I wished I could just call a nurse. I remember being very overwhelmed during my first cycle...all the appointments, the medication, and the timing of everything. Do not hesitate to ask questions. Your nurses and doctors are there to help you and are an amazing team!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Southern Illinois University.
They were flexible during the time frame window and tried the best they could to accommodate my work schedule.

Anovulation, Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He [Dr. Loret de Mola] takes time to explain things to you, and will answer your questions. But if I didn’t arrive already educated, I might not get all the information. He does seem to care and is compassionate, but it doesn’t always come off that way. He can sometimes seem cold and clinical...Didn't have a great response, but moved forward with ovidrel trigger anyways. Used Medrol to prep for transfer and day 5 transfer.
Embryologist [at Southern Illinois University] recommended eset based on healthy embryos and no prior losses...Most people at the clinic were very kind and knew us by name...Communication [from nurses] is horrible. Never call you back. You can get through on the their app, but wouldn’t always get a timely response...Forgot to send in medication twice...They offered a cash of price of $11000 for a full cycle...
Anovulation, Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He takes time to explain things to you, and will answer your questions. But if I didn’t arrive already educated, I might not get all the information. He does seem to care and is compassionate, but it doesn’t always come off that way. He can sometimes seem cold and clinical.
Come prepared with questions after doing your own research.
Most people at the clinic were very kind and knew us by name.
Agonist protocol, menopur and follitism for about 14 days the first cycle and 11 days the second cycle. Didn’t have a great response, but moved forward with ovidrel trigger anyways. Used Medrol to prep for transfer and day 5 transfer.
Communication is horrible. Never call you back. You can get through on the their app, but wouldn’t always get a timely response.
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
Need more information available (sample calendar), more specific on amount of meds required, etc. a consultation room would be nice so patients aren’t always sitting on a bed waiting to have a quick conversation with the doctor. Also phone consultation would be nice.
We had good insurance coverage. Paid $6000 per cycle for medication out of pocket and about $6000 for procedures. They offered a cash of price of $11000 for a full cycle.
Embryologist recommended eset based on healthy embryos and no prior losses.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Southern Illinois University.
Forgot to send in medication twice.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Loret de Mola] was very honest upfront by telling us to skip IUI and go straight to IVF. He took the time to explain his reasoning but was still upfront with his recommendation... I didn’t feel like I was just another patient. He looked over our labs and told me what he thought was best because of my low egg reserve. He comforted me and was willing to answer any and all questions...he still is very empathetic.
All of the nurses I have seen so far [at Southern Illinois University] are amazing. They all were helpful in answering questions and being empathetic to the situation...The IVF package is $9500 plus medications. Not everything is included in the package, but everything that we need is included...The biggest strength is their communication and compassion. I’ve had previous doctors who made me feel like I was just a number, but this clinic is very willing to help me with anything and everything.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He is very blunt and direct which is appreciated. I didn’t feel like I was just another patient. He looked over our labs and told me what he thought was best because of my low egg reserve. He comforted me and was willing to answer any and all questions.
He’s direct so be aware of that. He doesn’t beat around the bush, but he still is very empathetic.
He was very honest upfront by telling us to skip IUI and go straight to IVF. He took the time to explain his reasoning but was still upfront with his recommendation.
He told us that we should skip IUIs and move straight to IVF because of my low AMH. We are in the beginning stages of IVF, but I trust his reasoning more than previous doctors. Regardless of the results, I feel more comfortable with him than anyone else.
All of the nurses I have seen so far are amazing. They all were helpful in answering questions and being empathetic to the situation.

2015 - 2019
Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Loret de Mole is very thorough. He is kind, compassionate, and very knowledgeable in his field. He has given me the greatest blessing, my daughter. When in the midst of treatments they discovers irregular ovarian cysts, he held my hands and reassured me despite having to tell me that there was a chance for cancer. He genuinely cares for his patients and you can tell he loves that he is helping families grow.
This clinic [Southern Illinois University] treats you as family. They see you so frequently, know you by name, and make you feel so comfortable with each appointment. The only major weakness is a lack of communication. I often felt very left in the dark. I would often have many questions left unanswered - when to fill prescriptions, when to come in for appointments, why hasn’t my lab been scheduled yet, when can I start a new cycle, etc. I think they have so many patients that they may lose track of who has knowledge of each process and procedure already and who does not.
2015 - 2019
Anovulation, Unexplained
Ask questions.
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
This clinic treats you as family. They see you so frequently, know you by name, and make you feel so comfortable with each appointment. The only major weakness is a lack of communication. I often felt very left in the dark. I would often have many questions left unanswered - when to fill prescriptions, when to come in for appointments, why hasn’t my lab been scheduled yet, when can I start a new cycle, etc. I think they have so many patients that they may lose track of who has knowledge of each process and procedure already and who does not.
Doctor urged me to transfer only one embryo during both our fresh and frozen transfers. I trusted his expertise. I regret not transferring two during the frozen transfer as I miscarried our single embryo.

2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Loret de Mola] is honest and upfront about course of treatment and what he believes will work best. I like that he doesn’t sugar coat things because his end goal is what everyone wants who sees him - to have a baby! ...He warned me that due to male factor infertility, IUIs most likely wouldn’t be successful, and they weren’t, so we had to move on to ivf. He knew looking at the semen analysis.
It’s [Southern Illinois University] a bit unorganized and has frequent staff turnover, so things easily slip through the cracks. Mayjan and Pamela are great. Jim is wonderful. Sarah was phenomenal! Nicole has given me incorrect information multiple times and seems to have no idea what she’s talking about. ... $1000 for freezing embryos $3500 out of pocket (from insurance plan)
2017 - 2019
He is very good at what he does and wants to have good success rates. He is honest and upfront about course of treatment and what he believes will work best. I like that he doesn’t sugar coat things because his end goal is what everyone wants who sees him - to have a baby!
Take what he says at face value.
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
It’s a bit unorganized and has frequent staff turnover, so things easily slip through the cracks. Mayjan and Pamela are great. Jim is wonderful. Sarah was phenomenal! Nicole has given me incorrect information multiple times and seems to have no idea what she’s talking about.
$1000 for freezing embryos $3500 out of pocket (from insurance plan)

2012 - 2015
He [Dr. J. Ricardo Loret de Mola] was very personable. When I learned that there were some issues with a pregnancy and the OB wasn't personable, he called me. When I wanted to give up and move to a donor egg he said to try PGS because he thought it would work...He is very respectful and detailed. He is personable. He is frank... and it's hard to get an appointment because he is the only doctor in town...
The weakness [of the SIU clinic] is the time to get an appointment. Another weakness is that there wasn't a patient advocate to give you their real life experience of going through the process. I am an attorney so I need details and am very organized. Before the clinic started secure emailing details it was difficult to take institutions over the phone...
2012 - 2015
He is very respectful and detailed. He is personable. He is frank. It mattered to me that my physican was also spiritual and I learned he was by the fact that he was going to mass after he finished doing monitoring during a Sunday visit I had to the clinic.
He is frank and it's hard to get an appointment because he is the only doctor in town.
He was very personable. When I learned that there were some issues with a pregnancy and the OB wasn't personable, he called me. When I wanted to give up and move to a donor egg he said to try PGS because he thought it would work.
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
The weakness is the time to get an appointment. Another weakness is that there wasn't a patient advocate to give you their real life experience of going through the process. I am an attorney so I need details and am very organized. Before the clinic started secure emailing details it was difficult to take institutions over the phone.
Health insurance coverage

2013 - 2015
The nurses were very kind and helpful. I felt like I grew to know each nurse with my time spent at SIU clinic. If I had any questions, big or small, they always got an answer back to me...Dr. Loret de Mola's office was always available. Nights and weekends I was provided with an after hours number in case I had a question or problem. A majority of the time it was Dr. Loret de Mola himself that returned the call. He's very involved in each patient's treatment.
2013 - 2015
Great! Explained everything thoroughly.

2011 - 2014
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
He [Dr. Loret de Mola] had a great bedside manner and really cared for me as a person....Everyone [at SIU Fertility] was very helpful and showed compassion.
2011 - 2014
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Be open and ask questions
He had a great bedside manner and really cared for me as a person.
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
Everyone was very helpful and showed compassion

2015 - 2020
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic and Dr de Mola are both very compassionate sincere helpful and personable. ... I used clomid and was monitored via ultrasound and also used ovadril trigger shot based on timing and my scans for timed intercourse. He was very informative and communication was excellent. Our ivf medicine is postponed at the moment due to covid 19 so we have not taken any of those medications yet
The clinic [Southern Illinois University] is very organized and clean and welcoming inside. The staff is very helpful and always generous. During uncomfortable appointments and questions and procedures they make you feel at home and do anything to fit your needs ... Felt like a human. They know my husband and I by name and greet us when we walk in the clinic and know why we’re there each time. They explain thoroughly and always ask if we have any questions or concerns.
2015 - 2020
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic and Dr de Mola are both very compassionate sincere helpful and personable. They make you feel known and welcome and we always leave with hope and understanding. As a patient dealing with infertility that is always doubts and fears every day and they make me feel confident and trustworthy to put it all on their hands.
Write down notes or questions you have to ask
Usually very informative kind and considerate
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
The clinic is very organized and clean and welcoming inside. The staff is very helpful and always generous. During uncomfortable appointments and questions and procedures they make you feel at home and do anything to fit your needs
Co pays blood work Cypro storage fees

2020
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He [Dr. J. Ricardo Loret de Mola] is very detailed in explaining what all needs to be done and does great with answering any of the questions that we may have. I feel like I am clueless on a lot of things, but when I ask questions, he does great to make sure I understand what he is saying and he has never made me feel "inadequate" for asking all of the questions that I do.
Everyone that I have come in contact with there has been very kind and understanding. They [Southern Illinois University] do their best to make everyone feel comfortable and I have never felt awkward going in there ... My costs were very high, as my insurance does not cover infertility, but that staff was great working with me and would let me know what each procedure that I needed to have done was going to cost.The nursing staff is great. They are kind and very understanding ...
2020
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He is very detailed in explaining what all needs to be done and does great with answering any of the questions that we may have. I feel like I am clueless on a lot of things, but when I ask questions, he does great to make sure I understand what he is saying and he has never made me feel "inadequate" for asking all of the questions that I do.
The nursing staff is great. They are kind and very understanding
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
The clinic is great. Everyone that I have come in contact with there has been very kind and understanding. They do their best to make everyone feel comfortable and I have never felt awkward going in there
My costs were very high, as my insurance does not cover infertility, but that staff was great working with me and would let me know what each procedure that I needed to have done was going to cost. Example: blood work, ultrasounds, etc