905 San Ramon Valley Blvd
Mountain View (closed)
2490 Hospital Dr
Mountain View, CA 94040

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Fisher truly loves his job and it shows!...can recite a study to back any of his decisions...allowed me to be an advocate for myself and helped me navigate my questions and concerns and would make changes based on our discussions...When we got our PGT results back he was so excited that he called me personally with my whole team on speaker phone...Him and his team made me want to come in because it felt so warm and inviting.
When we got our PGT results back [Dr. Fisher] was so excited that he called me personally with my whole team [at Spring Fertility] on speaker phone...Him and his team made me want to come in because it felt so warm and inviting...I loved that I received a call from a nurse after every appointment and that they checked in on me after my procedures...I always received prompt professional answers, and always felt like the only person they were treating.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr Fisher truly loves his job and it shows! He always comes in with a positive upbeat attitude. He can recite a study to back any of his decisions. He allowed me to be an advocate for myself and helped me navigate my questions and concerns and would make changes based on our discussions. He was patient when I had ten million questions and wanted to know why for everything. One of the things that made me respect him the most, however, was how highly his staff talked about him. They would tell me how they learned so much from him from his in-service classes he taught weekly. How he really wanted them to have the knowledge and love what they did, and he did so in a fun and interesting way. All of that could be seen as a patient as well. We could not have been in better hands!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr Fisher is very personable and always had something to talk about relating to past conversations or about his own personal life. He explained everything in depth and then was always really patient knowing I would have a million questions. Looking back he could have told me to ask the nurse, but he answered them himself. When we got our PGT results back he was so excited that he called me personally with my whole team on speaker phone. He was always upbeat and excited to be at work. Him and his team made me want to come in because it felt so warm and inviting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nurse- Melissa Care Coord. - Shelby)
I loved that I received a call from a nurse after every appointment and that they checked in on me after my procedures. I spoke to random nurses and rarely my own nurse. However, my Care Coordinator was always available, always coming in to cheer me on, and even held my hand when I got sick after my saline sonogram. Anything I needed she was always on top of it!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I was seen at both Danville and Oakland and I was impressed with every single person I came in contact with. Everyone was always friendly, upbeat, and generally happy to see you/be at work. I always received prompt professional answers, and always felt like the only person they were treating. There is not one single negative to report.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
I’m not sure if it was due to the pandemic and trying to keep people from waiting in the waiting room together, but I never saw any other patients in the Danville or Oakland office for monitoring. I was always 5-10 minutes early and in my car about 5-10 minutes after my appointment. I was seen quickly with all my questions answered. And not once did I feel rushed to get in or to get out. I was monitored twice by other doctors because it was Dr Fisher’s day off. I must say, his way of explaining the monitoring process and giving exact detail was much better than the other two. The other two told me to ask the nurse when they called in the evening. It wasn’t rude, just that it was the nurses job.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr.Fisher was responsive and personable on calls and always made me feel heard...polite, respectful, always greeted me with a smile, was patient with all my questions and never made the appointments feel rushed. He was always thorough in explaining procedures and next steps, comprehensive with his exams of follicle sizes, concerns and what to expect....
Shelby and Melissa [nurses at Spring Fertility] both went above and beyond when it came to communication, attentiveness and follow through. If they say they were going to do something, you could trust they would call you, follow up via email and make sure you were taken care of...Convenient location. Easy parking. Clean space, Offered snacks and drinks and all staff was friendly and polite. The environment was pleasant, equipment seemed clean and new...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Candidly, when I first approached Spring, I wanted a female doctor but the earliest appointment was with Dr.Fisher. Although initially hesitant, since day 1 of seeing him, I felt very comfortable and at ease. He opened up and shared his own story of how him and his wife also went through their own fertility journey. I think that makes him a lot more relatable and empathetic to his patient's journey. He was polite, respectful, always greeted me with a smile, was patient with all my questions and never made the appointments feel rushed. He was always thorough in explaining procedures and next steps, comprehensive with his exams of follicle sizes, concerns and what to expect. I really appreciated the attentive care provided whether it was via email, in person or follow up calls after certain procedures to update me on progress. I remember the day of my transfer, he rushed over to the SF clinic all the way from Danville just to make sure he was the one doing the transfer himself. That definitely re-assured me, made me more confident that the chance of success would be high and overall just put me in a more positive state of mind. We are now a month away from meeting our miracle baby and I am immensely grateful to Dr.Fisher and the Spring team. Overall, would recommend Dr.Fisher to any of my friends or family members looking for fertility treatment. Could not have asked for a better experience.
Come prepared with questions during your appointments. Dr.Fisher is thorough with talking through the treatment but also always leaves room for any questions you might have.
Dr. Fisher and staff were always friendly, on-time, patient with my many questions, understanding when I got emotional due to any results or drop offs from retrieval, day 3, day 5 survival and embryo quality. Dr.Fisher was responsive and personable on calls and always made me feel heard.
Describe the protocols Thomas Fisher used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I went through 2 IVF cycles and 1 frozen embryo transfer with Dr. Fisher. For both retrievals, I was taking the following supplements: prenatal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, and Q10. My diagnosis was unexplained infertility as I had done prior exams and blood work at another clinic before Spring. In my first cycle, my antral follicle count was only 9-10. I started off with taking Estrace, got a bleed, went in for a baseline ultrasound and then started ​225IU of Gonal F and then 150IU for Menopur. The dosage of Gonal and Menopur were dropped as they doctor tracked my bloodwork and the size and growth of my follicles every few days to try to get them to all grow at the same pace. I then started Cetrotide in conjuction with Menopur and Gonal F and eventually triggered with Novarel and Lupron. For my first retrieval, my body only yielded 8 eggs, 1 follicle was empty and only 1 egg was mature. That was devastating news and I remember crying for a long time thinking the odds of a healthy embryo was likely going to be none after the drop off from Day 3 to Day 5 to genetic testing. Dr.Fisher and the care team definitely set proper expectations and were also quite comforting in talking through alternatives for a second round. Miraculously, that one mature egg actually resulted in a 6AA Day5 Euploid embryo. Given that my husband and I wanted at least 2 kids, Dr. Fisher also recommended having at least 2 healthy embryos per potentially viable pregnancy so we decided to pursue a second round of IVF egg retrieval before moving forward with a transfer. In my second IVF cycle: I started off with Aygestin, had around 11 antral follicles, started same dosage of ​225IU of Gonal F and then 150IU for Menopur which was adjusted slightly after every ultrasound and blood test appointment. Then started Cetrotide and triggered again with Lupron and Novarel. This time, 11 eggs were retrieved, 8 mature. I ended up with 4 that survived until Day 5 and then 3 that turned out to be Euploids. For my frozen embryo transfer, I started off with Aygestin pills (this was mostly because we were thinking of potentially doing a 3rd cycle of IVF depending on results of the embryo genetic testing). However, once we confirmed we were moving forward with FET, I was put on Letrozole 5mg for 5 days. After a few monitoring visits, the doctor asked me to start Gonal F at 150IU. As monitoring progressed, I was then instructed to take Ovidrel at 250mcg and take Medrol 16mg pills for 5 days. I went back in for a progesterone level check and then was confirmed for transfer. Transfer was successful and I am now 8 months pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Shelby Raley & Melissa Caponi)
Shelby and Melissa both went above and beyond when it came to communication, attentiveness and follow through. If they say they were going to do something, you could trust they would call you, follow up via email and make sure you were taken care of.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Convenient location. Easy parking. Clean space, Offered snacks and drinks and all staff was friendly and polite. The environment was pleasant, equipment seemed clean and new . No weaknesses that I can think of.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility.
Although most people including myself go in thinking we will perhaps only need one IVF cycle, it's always good to know your options and what pricing will look like if you needed subsequent cycles. Accounting for price of medication is also something that needs to be factored in. Alto Pharmacy was superb in terms of convenience of delivering the medication to my doorstep. Our cost was ~$50K for 2 IVF cycles and 1 FET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
During my embryo transfer, at one of my ultrasound visits, I was seen by another doctor. The reaction of the doctor made it seem like there was a strong possibility the transfer would need to be cancelled as I might have ovulated already. I panicked and started crying frantically. That said, Dr. Fisher called me shortly after my appointment to reassure me that he was not concerned and that I would be monitored closely for the next couple of days to confirm next steps. In the end, I was able to successfully complete the FET so although alarming at first, it all worked out.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Fisher is the best doctor I've ever worked with. He and his team has been with us through our 1+ year long fertility journey and we could not have asked for a better team. From the get go, he took the time to educate us, carefully listen to our story & goals, and created a plan for us. He's honest, realistic, funny, smart, detail-oriented, caring, all the things you'd wish for as a doctor during such vulnerable times.
I absolutely ADORED Spring Fertility staff, from the nurses, coordinators to the front office team. They make up the amazing culture Spring has and I always looked forward to my appts...I have recommended at least 5 people at my company to Spring Fertility because of how incredible the clinic is. They are organized, efficient, effective (have some of the highest success rates), and the culture and team are incredible...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Just be honest with what you want and come prepared for any questions. He was so patient with all my questions and always took the time to walk through everything with me.
Dr. Fisher is the only doctor I ever felt a connection with. From the start of our fertility journey, he always showed care, empathy, and enthusiasm to help you achieve your goals. He also made a process that can be so vulnerable much more pleasing than I had expected.
We went with the mid-luteal protocol. For medications, was as on the typical injections, FSH, Menopur, Cetrotide and I can't remember what I used for trigger. For the transfer, we went with natural/letrozole protocol as I was able to ovulate on my own and my progesterone levels were normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Caponi )
I absolutely ADORED Spring Fertility staff, from the nurses, coordinators to the front office team. They make up the amazing culture Spring has and I always looked forward to my appts so I can catch up with everyone. :) They are amazing!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
My company insurance covered most of it and I paid about 1500 out of pocket. I believe if I did not have insurance, it would be 18k for the injections + trigger and 6-7k for transfer.
Describe Thomas Fisher's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
We went wit single embryo transfer as it was the safest and lowest risk.

2021, Successful
The care team at Spring Danville was wonderful to work with. Very professional, organized, knowledgeable and friendly...billing is straightforward, their patient portal where we get all communications and updates about our treatment is quite helpful and user friendly, the facilities are very clean and modern and since they have different locations you could use for your monitoring, you never have to be commuting too far to get your care
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher always took the time to listen to my concerns, answered my questions in the clearest way possible, he was always realistic and honest about our case, no sugarcoating but always kind and respectful. During every appointment he always had the best attitude, his bedside manner was spotless and his communication very straightforward. IVF can be a very complex process but at every visit Dr Fisher always made sure I understood every decision about my treatment, what the next steps would be and why, I always left his office at ease and confident I was getting the best care for my case. Dr Fisher's demeanor has the right mix of science, professionalism, compassion and heart and I feel truly fortunate to have had him as my fertility Doctor!
Please ask him all the questions and share every concern you have, he will always listen and give you an honest and clear answer.
In every interaction I had with with Dr. Fisher, he was always professional and kind, he cared about me as an individual and wanted me to succeed. I also never felt rushed during any consultation or procedure, I always got enough time and attention for my care.
For my egg retrieval: I was on Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, leuprolide and triggered with pregnyl (cannot remember the doses as these were adjusted) For my transfer: medrol and ovidrel. My FET was successful and I am now pregnant at 42-years-old.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: My nurse was Darcy and care coordinator was Shelby)
The care team at Spring Danville was wonderful to work with. Very professional, organized, knowledgeable and friendly. For some of my procedures I went to their Oakland office, where I also got excellent care. Everyone including receptionists, nurses, medical assistants, and every person I ever interacted with at Spring offered me the best care.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring has a very organized system: billing is straightforward, their patient portal where we get all communications and updates about our treatment is quite helpful and user friendly, the facilities are very clean and modern and since they have different locations you could use for your monitoring, you never have to be commuting too far to get your care. Parking in the Danville office was always good, but in the Oakland office it was a bit difficult so it was good to show up with enough time to be able to find a spot and still make it on time for my appointment.
Egg retrieval and monitoring: $18000, Embryo transfer $4700, Medications: $4000.
We did single embryo transfer (safer for my age and higher chances of live birth)
2020, 54 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Fisher] always cared for me and made sure that I felt comfortable every time I saw him. I went in with a lot of questions and he made sure that he gave me the full answer without making me feel rushed. He also engaged me in the decision process on what protocols to go with by explaining the pros & cons in detail (which I really appreciated. Every patient is different!). I felt confident throughout the process thanks to him.
I missed [the Spring Fertility nurses] calls frequently (my work entails a lot of meetings) and she made sure that she sent me an email & leave me a VM to make sure I get all the updates in time...Very friendly. I almost felt like I wanted to come back to see them later at my last appointment! Having multiple locations also helped as I could choose the closer location for quick visits. I also loved how quickly they moved. I was looking at different clinics and Spring was able to move fastest and get me started sooner than later.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Very attentive and caring. He went through the IVF process with his wife and he not only has the medical understanding of he process but also how a patient might feel physically/medically. His friendly personality made me feel very comfortable every time I went in.
There are no stupid questions so ask away!
He always cared for me and made sure that I felt comfortable every time I saw him. I went in with a lot of questions and he made sure that he gave me the full answer without making me feel rushed. He also engaged me in the decision process on what protocols to go with by explaining the pros & cons in detail (which I really appreciated. Every patient is different!). I felt confident throughout the process thanks to him.
[1ST CYCLE: 24 retrieved, 21 mature] Started the shots with the period, progesterone priming for 10 days before the period. Started with 150IU Gonal f/ 150IU Menopur. It went down to 75 IU each eventually & I added Cetrotide on day 5. Lupron only trigger to prevent OHSS. Triggered on day 11, and vaginal Cabergoline insertion for 8 days since the trigger day. [2ND CYCLE: 42 retrieved, 33 mature] Mid-luteal protocol to see if we can get the eggs grow a little tighter. Started the shots 1 month after the retrieval date. Started priming 5 days after positive ovulation test. Started with 150IU Gonal f/ 150IU Menopur. It went down to 100IU Gonal f/ 75 IU Menopur eventually & I added Cetrotide on day 6. Lupron only trigger to prevent OHSS. Triggered on day 11, and vaginal Cabergoline insertion for 8 days since the trigger day. Was back on Cetrotide again for 3 days after ER to minimize OHSS risk.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Paige)
Very friendly and always available to answer any questions/provide updates in a timely manner. I missed her calls frequently (my work entails a lot of meetings) and she made sure that she sent me an email & leave me a VM to make sure I get all the updates in time.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I had fertility coverage through work and the care team had a good understanding of my coverage (Progyny)
Danville

Dr. Fisher is very helpful to explain the process...We did IVF with ICSI we had expected to get lots of embryos, unfortunately only 2 embryos made it to blast the first retrieval and 1 embryo the second retrieval. We did a natural cycle for my frozen embryo transfer which was successful...was very personable and compassionate to my story as I had a previous stillbirth.
My lead nurse [at Spring Fertility] was amazing! She helped create multiple estimate timelines to help me with the planning of my retrieval’s and transfer!...The clinic is great, after a failed retrieval I was upset and blamed the clinic yet then got two opinions from other clinics that said the same thing as my clinic so I was reassured how good my team is.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher really heard me out on my TTC journey after stillbirth. He was so supportive and made me feel comfortable even though my retrieval’s did not go the way we hoped. He helped with my plans moving forward after two retrieval’s and moving forward with a transfer with our one embryo prior to trying a third retrieval. He is such a great doctor and person.
Ask all your questions as you deserve to understand your treatment plan and Dr. Fisher is very helpful to explain the process.
Dr. Fisher was very personable and compassionate to my story as I had a previous stillbirth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mel)
My lead nurse was amazing! She helped create multiple estimate timelines to help me with the planning of my retrieval’s and transfer!
I had insurance for IVF
I completely agree with a single FET (I also only had one embryo)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
For my second retrieval the nurse called and gave me the results from my first retrieval, it was extra upsetting as the results from my second retrieval were worse.

2021, Successful
Dr.Fisher explained everything very thoroughly. He is very knowledgeable in his field and made us feel comfortable every step of the way...He really listens to you and explains everything in detail...Dr.Fisher had such great bedside manner and treated me with tons of respect...We did a frozen embryo transfer about 6 weeks after egg retrieval and pgs testing...We felt like we were in great hands throughout the whole process...
The clinic [Spring Fertility] was always very clean, welcoming, bright and cheery. All the patient representatives were pleasant and attentive. The payment process was easy and clear. The rooms had very high tech monitors and computers. All the nurses who took my blood were very positive and easygoing and made me feel comfortable...total cost from start to finish (one IVF cycle with a positive pregnancy) was roughly $28,000...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr.Fisher explained everything very thoroughly. He is very knowledgeable in his field and made us feel comfortable every step of the way. We felt like we were in great hands throughout the whole process.
You’ll be in great hands. He really listens to you and explains everything in detail. He was fantastic!
Dr.Fisher had such great bedside manner and treated me with tons of respect.
I can’t remember all the specifics but I know we used gonal-f, and another medication before egg retrieval. We did a frozen embryo transfer about 6 weeks after egg retrieval and pgs testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
All of the staff was very caring and understanding.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic was always very clean, welcoming, bright and cheery. All the patient representatives were pleasant and attentive. The payment process was easy and clear. The rooms had very high tech monitors and computers. All the nurses who took my blood were very positive and easygoing and made me feel comfortable. I have no negative experiences with this clinic.
The total cost from start to finish (one IVF cycle with a positive pregnancy) was roughly $28,000
Spring fertility prefers to do only a single embryo transfer. They let us decide which embryo we wanted to use.

2022, 13 Eggs Frozen
Dr Shastri went through all the possible causes with me, developed a treatment plan accordingly, and the one round I’ve done with her so far got me more frozen eggs than both my previous rounds combined...We did Estrace priming instead of the birth control pill leading up to this round to avoid over-suppressing my ovaries, but I also just felt so much better on it - I do not do well on BCPs. We used Gonal-F & Menopur once a day in similar but slightly lower doses than I’d used in the past, and one thing I thought was interesting was we tapered off the amounts as the cycle progressed
Having a care coordinator [at Spring Fertility] was a HUGE improvement from past experience. This process is very dynamic and things change from day to day, so it was really nice to have just one point person I could call/email with questions instead of talking to someone different every time, especially since she was super organized and always quick to respond....
How was your experience with Shefali Shastri at Spring Fertility?
Such a great experience and I would be thrilled to work with her again. I had two rounds previously with another RE that were successful, but didn’t get nearly the numbers that my AFC indicated. Dr Shastri went through all the possible causes with me, developed a treatment plan accordingly, and the one round I’ve done with her so far got me more frozen eggs than both my previous rounds combined!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shefali Shastri at Spring Fertility?
I don’t think you really need advice, she’s very welcoming of questions and just great to work with
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shefali Shastri at Spring Fertility?
I had consultations with several REs when deciding where to go for round 3, and even on a video call Dr Shastri’s passion for her work and concern for individual patients really comes across!
Describe the protocols Shefali Shastri used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
We did Estrace priming instead of the birth control pill leading up to this round to avoid over-suppressing my ovaries, but I also just felt so much better on it - I do not do well on BCPs. We used Gonal-F & Menopur once a day in similar but slightly lower doses than I’d used in the past, and one thing I thought was interesting was we tapered off the amounts as the cycle progressed. (I’m not a doctor but even I could tell from looking at the ultrasound screen that my follicles grew a lot more uniformly in size this time around.) Then Cetrotide and a Lupron + low-dose HCG trigger. And voila!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
Having a care coordinator was a HUGE improvement from past experience. This process is very dynamic and things change from day to day, so it was really nice to have just one point person I could call/email with questions instead of talking to someone different every time, especially since she was super organized and always quick to respond.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I will probably do one more round of egg freezing at some point and I will definitely come back here for it. I’m not local to NYC, so I was really nervous about flying across the country to stay in a hotel and have a procedure under general anesthesia in a facility I’d never even heard of before I started this whole process 😂 but the experience and the results were TOTALLY worth it.
Shefali Shastri

2020 - 2021, Successful
I know I want kids in the future and therefore was contemplating egg freezing. Dr. Fisher never made me feel like he was selling the idea of egg freezing and rather me provided with facts and data...always explained what was happening and provided next steps so I knew what to expect...created a sense of trust and removed much anxiety which is important as a patient.
[Spring Fertility was] Extremely clean and comfortable...[nurse] was very quick to respond, clearly communicated all instructions and would answer (or get answers) to all my questions. Her responsiveness ensured I felt like I could rely on her... the billing team was not as organized or responsive...Right now I am resolving an issue with them where a third party billed me for more than what I was told my maximum bill would be.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher is incredibly knowledgable and patient making him very easy and great to work with. I saw Dr. Fisher about freezing eggs and embryos and from the onset always felt like he shared his knowledge of fertility which allowed me to make educated decisions. I was 32 turning 33 when I first saw Dr. Fisher about egg freezing. I know I want kids in the future and therefore was contemplating egg freezing. Dr. Fisher never made me feel like he was selling the idea of egg freezing and rather me provided with facts and data. It was because of this that I chose to do egg freezing with Dr. Fisher. There are some Drs. who gave me the impression that were selling me the service as it was must do however Dr. Fisher never did that. He kept to facts and when asked his opinion to stuck to facts such as 'typically egg quality is like x during y, and then will be z during a". This made me feel like I wasn't getting sold something but rather had a Dr. who kept to the science which I greatly appreciate. I could also get a sense that he cared for his patients and he always took the time to answer questions. I left our initial consultation feeling like I had a better idea of female fertility and reasons why but did not feel like I had to freeze my eggs at that exact moment. I chose to however for personal reasons of knowing that if I was going to in the future anyway why not now especially having found a Dr. i liked working with. During my egg freezing Dr. Fisher always explained what was happening and provided next steps so I knew what to expect, what was happening and why, and what was to come which created a sense of trust and removed much anxiety which is important as a patient. Dr. Fisher monitored my progress throughout my egg freezing process.
Don't hesitate to ask questions
Walking through the process and the procedure and though data was shared it was provided to give me insight as a patient and to understand the data on egg freezing and embryo freezing. They also walked me through what it is my body is doing throughout the process which felt very human to me and I found it extremely educational. Dr Fisher also walked me through female fertility during your thirties and forties and I felt like a human as he explained what happens to a human body and used this information to help me understand my body and the process. He would separate presenting data to where I am and therefore I felt a lot like a human.
My treatment strategies and protocol was to track my ovulation as I had gone off birth control (my own choice) ahead of egg freezing. Since my amh levels came back normal (higher than average) and my initial consultation showed regular follicle count I was to use gonal f and menopur during the monitoring phase as we began the egg freezing process. Right from the beginning I was told at what time of day to test for ovulation and to immediately call/advise the clinic when I got a positive. Since this was during Covid the clinic also did covid tests ahead of treatment which I greatly appreciated given I was paying for this myself. Once I got a positive they booked me an appointment for a blood draw (I think the day after possibly) and since blood draws were in the morning they could get results by afternoon and provide us with our protocol. I was then given clear instructions both via a calendar, a web portal and a phone call by a nurse of what to do for the next few days. I started off with gonal f and menopur and would go in every 2-3 days for monitoring to begin with. Closer to my retrieval I went in every day and my dosage changed a little which again was communicated via a shared calendar, a web portal, and a phone call. They also did injection trainings ahead of this so I felt as well prepared as i could have been having never injected myself before. On the day of my trigger, because one of hormones was high I did not have to use two medications to trigger but one. The nurse had called me the day before to give me the exact time I was going to trigger and to walk me through exactly which medications to use, how to do the dosage and was very clear on the importance of timing. They recommended getting the injections prepped a little before the actual trigger keeping in mind the need to refrigerate one of the medications. The anesthesiologist also called me the early evening before the retrieval so I knew waht to do in terms of food and drink.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mel )
Mel was my primary nurse and she was very quick to respond, clearly communicated all instructions and would answer (or get answers) to all my questions. Her responsiveness ensured I felt like I could rely on her. She was very clear with instructions and was patient with me as I would repeat them back to her as I this was my first time. The nursing staff at Spring overall were all very friendly and very caring. My care coordinator was also very responsive and also always answered (or found answers to my questions). They were great to work with. During the day of my egg retrieval the nurses (and entire team) were all very caring, patient, and it was comforting to be under their care.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths - definitely felt like state of the art equipment especially during the egg retrieval and also seeing the embryologists work in SF made I was visually able to see the state of the art facilities. Extremely clean and comfortable and I could tell all the nurses and drs were extremely professional while also kind and caring. The extra touches such as the sparkling water and snacks/chocolates was definitely a plus. Though for me what is most important is the knowledge and professional of the team which was a 10/10 and the healthcare equipment which was also a 10/10. Weaknesses - the billing team was not as organized or responsive. Sometimes I had to follow up with the billing team on certain questions and one time I was told I had an outstanding payment when I did not. Right now I am resolving an issue with them where a third party billed me for more than what I was told my maximum bill would be.
Egg freezing I believe was $8750 for my first round and then I think my second round I got a 10% discount. Embryo freezing (I did one round) was approximately $16,000-$17,000 for one round. In addition, each round required medication which cost around $3000-$4000

2021, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Debra Minjarez] was informative and very nice when I saw her...Didn’t hear anything until the two week beta test. I had to be the one to ask for a meeting with her because of the no implantation situation. She was nice but quickly asked if I wanted to do my next one with egg donor. I thought that was inappropriate because it has only been one time since I did IVF. Too soon to ask. So that was insensitive and traumatic for me. Aside from that she was very nice.
She [nurse at Spring Fertility] was very nice, but when I asked about things she was somewhat passive aggressive in her email replies. I never met her, I spoke to her on the phone maybe once or twice. I didn’t feel a genuine feel when I spoke to her...When I did see them, they were very nice and mostly thorough. Retrieval and transfer Or great. I was treated really nicely and it was a great experience.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
She was informative and very nice when I saw her. The day of retrieval she stopped and said hi, before the procedure. The day of transfer, she was very nice we even took a picture together. Let me know what is going on. Didn’t hear anything until the two week beta test. I had to be the one to ask for a meeting with her because of the no implantation situation. She was nice but quickly asked if I wanted to do my next one with egg donor. I thought that was inappropriate because it has only been one time since I did IVF. Too soon to ask. So that was insensitive and traumatic for me. Aside from that she was very nice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Be aware that she may ask if you want to use donor eggs If first IVF cycle fails. Especially if you’re older. Also, it does take one magical egg, as she mentioned at the very beginning. But if it doesn’t work, she’ll ask about donor eggs.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Every time I saw her which was only three, she was extremely nice and very personable. But, I only saw her a few times.
Describe the protocols Debra Minjarez used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Treatment strategy was doing a mini IVF cycle with letrozole, Gonal-F, Menopur, double trigger shots, priming with birth control. Rationale of mini cycle is that I don’t have a lot of eggs so slow and steady wins the race. I did start with 10 follicles and ended up having a lead and retrieving only three. So I think that something could I have been done to better those results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Darcy )
She was very nice, but when I asked about things she was somewhat passive aggressive in her email replies. I never met her, I spoke to her on the phone maybe once or twice. I didn’t feel a genuine feel when I spoke to her, seemed a little bit fake, too nice.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Clinic was in California, I live in Utah so I started off in Utah and the last two weeks were spend in California in a hotel. I saw the doctor a couple days after I got to California and I didn’t see the next doctor until a week after that, and it wasn’t my main doctor. It was another person because she wasn’t there. So I feel like one of the weaknesses is that I could’ve done one more monitoring in Utah so that I wouldn’t have to spend two weeks in California with one week of nothing. When I did see them, they were very nice and mostly thorough. Retrieval and transfer Or great. I was treated really nicely and it was a great experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility.
10,295+ an additional $500 or $600 that was not mentioned but after the fact with assisted hatching.

2021, 9 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, was kind, warm, caring, professional, and treated me with humanity. For once, I got to be a real patient, feel safe with someone who looked like me, and know that I was getting the best care possible. I'm forever grateful to Dr. Okeigwe and Oakland Spring Fertility...As a Black woman, seeking excellent healthcare has always been stressful...But, because Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, and equipped me with all of my options, the trigger began to go away...
Melanie and Ann [nurses at Spring Fertility] were very bubbly, caring, informative, and professional...All together for 1 cycle of egg freezing/retrieval it was about $10,000...all of your options explained to you with great care and to be surrounded by people who love what they do...For once, I got to be a real patient, feel safe with someone who looked like me, and know that I was getting the best care possible. I'm forever grateful to Dr. Okeigwe and Oakland Spring Fertility.
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
As a Black woman, seeking excellent healthcare has always been stressful. We are treated differently, and I’ve always had to fight to get proper health care. At first, I was so nervous about this procedure because I hate needles, and I didn't know if I would be treated like a human being. I’ve wanted to freeze my eggs for a while because I haven’t found my life partner yet. So, I wanted to make sure that I had options for my future. Thank you to everyone at Oakland Spring Fertility for giving me such a fantastic experience. But, I especially want to thank Dr. Okeigwe for guiding me through the process of freezing my eggs. She’s a GEM, and it’s so rare to find a Black fertility doctor. I was and still am ECSTATIC that she was my doctor! She took such great care of me, and I was informed every step of the way of who, what, where, and why of everything I needed to know. Dr. Okeigwe even helped me heal a trigger. I had an abortion when I was 20 years old, and unfortunately, the doctor and nurses treated me like an animal and pinned me down while they did the procedure. So from there on, every time I went to an OBGYN and put my legs up, I would go into shock from that experience. I never thought that trigger was going to be healed. But, because Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, and equipped me with all of my options, the trigger began to go away. It got to the point where I would come in for a check-up, and we would laugh, and before I knew it, I was already lying down, looking up at all of my eggs progressing. This is why representation matters, and I know for a fact that I would not have received a better experience anywhere else. Give this woman a raise and hire more diverse fertility doctors!✨
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
Get ready to have all of your options explained to you with great care and to be surrounded by people who love what they do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melanie, Ann Marie, and everyone who shot me in the arm were wonderful!)
Melanie and Ann were very bubbly, caring, informative, and professional.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I give Spring Fertility a 1000 percent with strengths! The only weakness was me not getting a survey after my procedure to brag even more about the facility and doctors that took such great care of me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility.
All together for 1 cycle of egg freezing/retrieval it was about $10,000.
Ijeoma Okeigwe

2021, 26 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Okeigwe never seemed rushed. She listened to all my concerns and addressed them. She seemed genuinely interested in my success and wellbeing: she paid close attention to my experience all along the process and adjusted my protocols accordingly. She was meticulous with things like measuring follicles - she was more accurate than one of the other doctors I saw for a monitoring appointment.
The staff at Spring in Oakland are amazing...They never missed an update or call to see how things were going. The care was well-organized, thorough and tailored for me. I appreciated the patient education resources...The wait was never more than 10 minutes to be seen (usually less) and appointments went very smoothly. Their care-team system is very effective and the staff is very communicative and easy to get a hold of.
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
With Dr. Okeigwe, I felt like I was in really good hands all throughout the egg freezing process. She made sure I was taking all the necessary steps to prevent OHSS. Her calm presence was very reassuring during the actual retrieval: this was my first operation and I went in with some anxiety. I felt that she was a very good source of knowledge and I fully felt like I could trust her judgement. She provided excellent care!
Describe the protocols Ijeoma Okeigwe used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Aygestin priming, FSH + menopur, cetrotide, lupron-only trigger, cabergaline. All of these worked well and prevented OHSS even though I had a lot of eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
The staff at Spring in Oakland are amazing: I came to expect friendly, warm staff at every visit and was never disappointed. They never missed an update or call to see how things were going. The care was well-organized, thorough and tailored for me. I appreciated the patient education resources.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic was great. The wait was never more than 10 minutes to be seen (usually less) and appointments went very smoothly. Their care-team system is very effective and the staff is very communicative and easy to get a hold of. I wasn't able to get a hold of the on-call doctor they said to contact if need be by calling the main line after hours but I may have chosen the wrong options.
Costs were covered by Progyny.
Ijeoma Okeigwe
Oakland

Dr Minjarez was very warm with our initial intake, asked what our goals were...was very straightforward about the number of treatments likely needed in order to get enough embryos. She did not bat an eye with our age or anything. She made the whole process easy and was confident and upbeat throughout...I enjoyed everything about working with Dr Minjarez except that when we got pregnant (yay!) I never heard any congratulations from her.
I also appreciated that there was more continuity with nursing staff at Spring...It helps to have a familiar face so many of the blood draws. Overall the clinic was clean and professional, all staff we worked with including the other docs were great, and although we were based in the Oakland clinic we had the retrievals and implantation in SF and all the docs and staff there were warm, competent, and proficient as well.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
I enjoyed everything about working with Dr Minjarez except that when we got pregnant (yay!) I never heard any congratulations from her. We only had interactions with the nursing staff and another doc who was on call the day we had our six week ultrasound. I would have felt better if she closed the loop with a quick “congrats on your pregnancy” communication after all the work we had done together.
Dr Minjarez was very warm with our initial intake, asked what our goals were for creating a family (we wanted two kids) and was very straightforward about the number of treatments likely needed in order to get enough embryos. She did not bat an eye with our age or anything. She made the whole process easy and was confident and upbeat throughout.
I had 13 eggs stored from an egg freezing round at UCSF. We transferred those eggs to Spring San Francisco and then we did two additional egg retrieval and fertilization with my husband’s sperm to get a total of 5 high quality embryos (aiming to create two kids). We were successful with the first implantation. Most of my medications and test results were straightforward throughout, however before our embryo implantation I got a weird spike in progesterone. Dr Minjarez and the on call doc worked together to figure out whether to proceed with that implantation cycle or not, and thankfully they elected to continue testing and the transfer was successful. We were grateful that they took the time to work with us instead of just skipping that cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mel Ransom)
Mel was always on top of the schedule, the mediation dosage, and was helpful and compassionate any time I reached out with questions or needs.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I had experience with UCSF (from an egg freezing round) and I found the doc a little insensitive. (After I froze 13 eggs he told me that gave me a 39% chance of a live birth and therefore I should “just go get pregnant now”. Obviously I would have gotten pregnant on my own if the situation were right, otherwise I wouldn’t have been freezing eggs!) I didn’t get any similar weird comments from spring and the clinic was super well organized. I especially loved that since this all happened during the pandemic, the clinic was great about emailing out information about COVID risks in the clinic and during pregnancy. We had to put our treatments on hold for a month because we wanted to start in March 2020 but all medical facilities shut down non essential treatments for a bit. Dr Minjarez called me personally to explain that we needed to pause treatment due to the pandemic which I really appreciated. I also appreciated that there was more continuity with nursing staff at Spring than I experienced at UCSF. It helps to have a familiar face so many of the blood draws. Overall the clinic was clean and professional, all staff we worked with including the other docs were great, and although we were based in the Oakland clinic we had the retrievals and implantation in SF and all the docs and staff there were warm, competent, and proficient as well.
$50k-$55k for the initial consultation. two egg retrievals, fertilization and genetic testing (PGS), freezing of embryos, medications, and one round of implantation plus the post implantation ultrasound and all monitoring appointments.
Describe Debra Minjarez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Spring only allows implantation of one high quality embryo. We were ok with that — at age 41 the risks for safely carrying twins indicate it’s not a good approach to use two embryos at once.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr Dovey gave me the most personalized treatment out of all of the fertility clinics I’ve been to. She’s just all around, a solid person...able to produce more eggs and come out with more embryos than any other fertility doctor. I’m 41 now and we started IVF when I was 36 and we are getting more eggs and embryos now...always ask for my feelings and opinions before providing her own, which is critical.
I felt like I was in great hands, no matter who I saw [at Spring Fertility]...I changed nurses because she moved to another role but the change was seamless and both nurses were amazing. All staff at this clinic have been nothing short of perfect...Dr Dovey was able to help me get more eggs and more embryos than any other clinic and this was my 6th IVF.
How was your experience with Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility?
As mentioned in the last bit, Dr Dovey was able to help me get more eggs and more embryos than any other clinic and this was my 6th IVF. I’ve been to about 7 fertility clinics, 3 of those clinics I’ve done IVF with. Spring is by far the clinic I recommend most. Not only do I feel like Dr Dovey personalized my treatments but I never felt rushed in my appointments and they always saw me on time. Literally the first clinic that wouldn’t make me wait in the waiting room for an extra 30 minutes. Someone else mentioned that the clinic looks outdated. I don’t know what that person is talking about because it’s quite a modern looking office.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility?
If you have a plan, let her know. She’s a doctor that will listen and work with you
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility?
Dr Dovey is great. This is my 6th IVF. I had my 1st kid after IVF number 4 at another clinic and we are trying for number 2, since we have coverage benifits through Progyny. Though we haven’t had another pregnancy yet (and I have to be transparent, I messed up one of my IVFs and forgot to take my Ganerilx and I ovulated early, which is totally on me), under Dr Dovey, I was able to produce more eggs and come out with more embryos than any other fertility doctor. I’m 41 now and we started IVF when I was 36 and we are getting more eggs and embryos now. Not just a few but triple the amount under Dr Dovey. I also feel that Dr Dovey gave me the most personalized treatment out of all of the fertility clinics I’ve been to. She’s just all around, a solid person.
Describe the protocols Serena Dovey used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I was successful with testosterone priming so I requested to do that again and she agreed. I appreciated that she would call me with results and talk through things with me. She would always ask for my feelings and opinions before providing her own, which is critical.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Dr Dovey took a couple days off so I saw a couple other doctors at Spring. They were both great and I felt like I was in great hands, no matter who I saw. Though it’s too early to report success or lack thereof, I would still rate Spring and their staff a 10/10.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility.
I used Progyny so I can’t speak to billing
Describe Serena Dovey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Her approach is great.
Serena Dovey
Oakland

Dr Minjarez provided much more information than previous Drs and laid out a long term plan of care given out desire for multiple children. I really appreciated that she was direct, but also very caring in a professional way...When a transfer did not work, she changed protocols, which led to a successful pregnancy...
I saw many different nurses at the [Spring Fertility] clinic. Some were more helpful than others. They were generally responsive when I reached out...Convenient location - few other options in Oakland area. Strengths: clean, well organized Throughout several transfers, I interacted with multiple Spring doctors...Being used to more transparent medical records, I find their online system not the most clear.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
I came to Dr Minjarez after seeing another Dr at this practice, as well as treatment from another facility. Dr Minjarez provided much more information than previous Drs and laid out a long term plan of care given out desire for multiple children. I really appreciated that she was direct, but also very caring in a professional way. I'm very put off by excessive optimism and I found her to be realistic which I find more helpful and hopeful. After transfers that ended in chemical pregnancies, I ended up doing a second egg retrieval with Dr Minjarez with genetic testing. When a transfer did not work, she changed protocols, which led to a successful pregnancy.
Expect direct, professional, compassionate care.
Dr Minjarez treated me with compassion and honesty - after a chemical pregnancy with another Dr, she was direct that it wouldn't work out, but she was so kind.
We did two FET transfers with Dr Minjarez with genetically tested embryos. The first cycle was an antagonist cycle and the second was fully medicated Lupron regulated cycle. Because we'd had a failed cycle with genetically tested embryos, Dr Minjarez suggested a change of protocol to control the uterine environment. This led to success for me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
I saw many different nurses at the clinic. Some were more helpful than others. They were generally responsive when I reached out.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Convenient location - few other options in Oakland area. Strengths: clean, well organized Throughout several transfers, I interacted with multiple Spring doctors. The one downside was that for the transfers, I have a challenging case due to my cervix and more than once it wasn't communicated to the Dr doing the procedure about my specific needs, which led to discomfort during transfer. Being used to more transparent medical records, I find their online system not the most clear.
Costs included A second egg retrieval, meds and two FET. For my second transfer, the clinic included the majority of my meds within the cost for compassionate care.
Recommended eSet
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
There was a lack of communication between Drs about my specific anatomy that made transfer more difficult when I did not have Dr Minjarez.
Oakland

Dr. Fisher is an excellent provider, he consistently demonstrated superior skills in patient care and it was clear that he is committed to delivering evidence-based care with a focus on what works for each individual client...I really appreciated the time he took to answer questions and his excitement at our promising results.
The guidance [at Spring Fertility] throughout the experience was, for the most part, excellent. I really appreciated having access to the portal, and the portal is well-organized and information is easy to access...The financial documents seemed excessively confusing...I really enjoyed all of conversations and she [assigned nurse] was always willing to answer my questions.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
He's very responsive, ask all your questions!
Dr. Fisher is truly a gem- from our first interaction to our transfer, he treated us with respect, consideration, and warmth. I really appreciated the time he took to answer questions and his excitement at our promising results.
I did a luteal phase agonist protocol for egg retrieval - my AFC was 8, we ended up retrieving 11 eggs, 10 fertilized and 6 made it to blast. Dr. Fisher really paid close attention to how I was responding and changed the doses to get me to our goal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mel Ransom, RN)
I never met Nurse Mel in person, but during our phone interactions she exuded care, competence, and patience - she is truly an exceptional provider. I really enjoyed all of conversations and she was always willing to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
My overall experience was truly wonderful. With the exception of a staff person who is no longer at the company, every person I interacted with was kind, professional, and courteous.  Dr. Fisher is truly a gem- from our first interaction to our transfer, he treated us with respect, consideration, and warmth.  I really appreciated the time he took to answer questions and his excitement at our promising results.   And although I never met Nurse Mel in person, during our phone interactions she exuded care, competence, and patience - she is truly an exceptional provider.     2. The guidance throughout the experience was, for the most part, excellent.  I really appreciated having access to the portal, and the portal is well-organized and information is easy to access.  While sometimes it felt like I was getting the same information explained to me multiple times, I appreciated the reassurance that I was really clear about what to expect.    Things that could be better: 1. The financial documents seemed excessively confusing.  The fact that the same information would appear in multiple places (see attached document) made it hard to know what we were actually responsible for. On the attached cost letter, there are things on it (like the medication) with dollar amounts listed that we didn't actually have to pay for, and other things, like the copay, which were much more than what was listed.  I would strongly recommend making the financial documents clearer and easier to understand.   Relatedly, the costs we paid for semen cryopreservation weren't included on this letter, but should have been.  If you're going to present a cost letter it should include all the charges.  2. The requirement that a known donor submit both a negative covid test and a negative antibody test conducted by Spring is both not medically indicated and an onerous requirement that places a further burden on people who are using donor gametes.  In my (totally unscientific) survey of other clinics, there aren't any that are requiring this.  3.  There were several instances in which my gender-non confirming spouse couldn't choose a box that reflected their reality, and I would encourage you to review your forms with an eye towards inclusivity of queer clients and gender non-conforming clients.(These forms were updated and resent to us).   4. The requirement for psychological counseling is both discriminatory towards people who are using donor gametes and not actually required by any accrediting body as far as i can tell. In the context of the family building process, there are certainly some people who might benefit from counseling, but I would strongly urge you to consider changing the counseling requirement to a recommendation.  Supporting the mental health of your clients who are undergoing fertility treatments is commendable, creating burdensome hoops that people who need donor gametes must jump through is not.
We have insurance coverage that covered the vast majority of our costs. Spring is in-network for our insurance. We paid somewhere around $8,000 total for everything associated with IVF at Spring.
I only wanted one transferred, and he only wanted to transfer one, so we didn't really discuss. I did have all good quality (AA) blasts so the concern about transferring one was less present with me.
Oakland

Dr. Fisher was kind and patient and really took the time to listen to what we were hoping to achieve under his care...[he] made sure to follow along with my care team and I never felt as though he was not fully invested in my treatment. I wish I was able to see him more often, but appreciated the safety protocols they had in place..
Spring has great facilities and a very helpful patient portal where they post treatment calendars, medication instructions, pre & post visit specifics and where they publish all of your findings and results. The facilities are clean and modern with impeccable safety standards for COVID...For 1 cycle of IVF with ICSI and a single embryo transfer my out of pocket costs were $24,600. This included meds.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
I saw Dr. Fisher during the pandemic and given the safety precautions the office took I was not always able to have him as my attending doctor. Dr. Fisher made sure to follow along with my care team and I never felt as though he was not fully invested in my treatment. I wish I was able to see him more often, but appreciated the safety protocols they had in place.
Always ask every question you have, Dr. Fisher is 100% invested in his work and will always have an answer for you (or find one). His excitement for the field of ART really put me at ease and helped me feel I was in good hands.
Given my scenario, Dr. Fisher recommend we try IVF first instead of attempting IUI’s or other interventions. We did a freeze all cycle as my age and reaction to the medications put me at higher risk for OHSS. He let me make the decision for a fresh or frozen transfer just a few days before the retrieval to give me the most control over my options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Angelica )
My care team consisted of Angelica, my patient navigator, and Mel my nurse. Both were incredibly helpful and quick to communicate all instructions in a clear and concise manner and always answered my questions promptly.
Oakland

Mel [nurse at Spring Fertility] was always easy to get ahold of and answered all of my questions. She is also super kind and supportive...Mid-luteal protocol. Apparently Spring has had a lot of success with this protocol, I had not heard of it prior to my treatment at this clinic, and I have to say, I am very happy with it...8 embryos made it to day 5 and of those, five were euploid...For the retrieval, it was approximately $18,000. For transfer, approximately $5-$6,000.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher was the second reproductive endocrinologist I treated with over the course of about a year. I came to him very disheartened by my prior experience - both in the results and the relationship with my prior clinic and provider. Dr. Fisher was very different in every aspect from my prior experience. From the initial visit, he went through different protocols we could try during this egg retrieval to see if we could get better results, he took significant time explaining his thinking, he spent an enormous amount of time explaining medicine to me and assuring me when I was nervous. Dr. Fisher truly cares about his patients, I have not encountered this kind of care routinely and I will always be appreciative.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, Dr. Fisher will take the time to explain until you understand.
Putting aside specifically the treatment many women receive during fertility treatment where they are often treated as a number, Dr. Fisher is just a genuine person. Every interaction with Dr. Fisher it was clear that he not only cared about you as his patient, but that you were an individual and he was thinking of you individually and not as one of many. This was apparent from our countless conversations leading up to the egg retrieval but in also how he thought of my care, it was individualized and not a set protocol used on each women. His bedside manner is A+++.
Mid-luteal protocol. Apparently Spring has had a lot of success with this protocol, I had not heard of it prior to my treatment at this clinic, and I have to say, I am very happy with it. At the prior clinic I treated with, I underwent the antagonist protocol and the same amount of eggs were retrieved as at Spring (in the 20s). But the prior clinic, I only ended up with one embryo after PGS testing (3 were tested but only one was euploid. At Spring, 8 embryos made it to day 5 and of those, five were euploid.
Mel was always easy to get ahold of and answered all of my questions. She is also super kind and supportive.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Over the course of my treatment, I met almost every provider. It was nice to be able to know each doctor personally. However, I could always choose to see Dr. Fisher for all procedures (except the egg retrieval which is more time-sensitive) but felt comfortable with the skills of all the doctors at the clinic.
All of my costs were unfortunately out-of-pocket as Spring does not accept United Healthcare. For the retrieval, it was approximately $18,000. For transfer, approximately $5-$6,000.
Dr. Fisher strongly recommended single embryo transfer and I agreed.
2020, 19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Fisher was very thoughtful...I am a black woman, and it’s important to note that I didn’t worry about whether Dr. Fisher treated me differently than any other patients. I really felt that he understood and empathized with me and that he was committed to optimizing our results...he was generous with his time in answering questions. He provided explanations that made sense to me- really key since I’m not a doctor- and made me feel like the plans were our plans. It was clear that he was invested in the process and I was able to trust him. I’ll always be grateful for that.
Great clinic [Spring Fertility]. Very organized and communicative...Your doctor might not be the one who does your procedure, the doctors have a schedule that is fixed ahead of time abs the on call doctor is the one who does your procedure. The have a treatment calendar that you can access online and they have video tutorials for the various injections you’ll take.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher was very thoughtful. He checked in on me after every procedure and was a great source of expert guidance and moral support. I had diminished ovarian reserve, that caused me a lot of anxiety and confusion. Dr. Fisher made himself available to answer questions and ease my mind. His ability to cite studies offhead, combined with his humor and kindness really helped build trust and confidence. I am a black woman, and it’s important to note that I didn’t worry about whether Dr. Fisher treated me differently than any other patients. I really felt that he understood and empathized with me and that he was committed to optimizing our results. With his help, I froze 19 eggs. Given my ovarian reserve, this is more than twice what we initially thought I would be able to freeze. This was a huge victory. When doing ultrasounds, he took his time to be sure no eggs were missed. When you don’t have a lot to work with, it’s important. I also note that he was kind and had good rapport with nurses and support staff. You get the sense that he tries to be a good person in all areas of his life.
Go see him!
Dr. Fisher was truly excellent. He was always in good humor when he came to see me, and took the time to ask how I was doing at every appointment. Understanding the process was important to me, and he was generous with his time in answering questions. He provided explanations that made sense to me- really key since I’m not a doctor- and made me feel like the plans were our plans. It was clear that he was invested in the process and I was able to trust him. I’ll always be grateful for that.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
Great group of women! I’ll miss them.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Great clinic. Very organized and communicative. The chocolate at your procedure is a nice touch. Your doctor might not be the one who does your procedure, the doctors have a schedule that is fixed ahead of time abs the on call doctor is the one who does your procedure. The have a treatment calendar that you can access online and they have video tutorials for the various injections you’ll take.
I have really good insurance- not sure if costs
2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Fisher was incredibly kind throughout the whole process. He was 100% engaged in our journey. Even though visits were short, he never rushed me through my questions. He always took his time. He explained everything I wanted explained. He cared very much when our two IVF cycles and transfers didn’t result in a pregnancy...He was always direct, explained things well, asked sensitive questions...
The finance department [at Spring Fertility] could use help. As far as I can tell, this is one person trying to manage it all. She just seems, busy. The front staff are nice, at all the sites I’ve been to as well. Everything is clean...IUI was about $1600 which (understandably) doesn’t include ultrasounds (another $450 per ultrasound)...Mel [nurse] provided great info all the time and was really supportive when we didn’t get the results we wanted at first...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Absurdly excellent bedside manner. He went out of his way to personally perform the second transfer and it meant the world to me (travelled into the clinic in the city on an afternoon he would normally have at a different clinic). He was always direct, explained things well, asked sensitive questions, etc. I have been incredibly happy with his care—especially after some experiences of my friends with other providers at Spring not being this excellent. I would recommend Dr. Fisher without reservation.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Even after appointments, I would think of question and email him or his staff and they would get back to me really quickly.
Dr. Fisher was incredibly kind throughout the whole process. He was 100% engaged in our journey. Even though visits were short, he never rushed me through my questions. He always took his time. He explained everything I wanted explained. He cared very much when our two IVF cycles and transfers didn’t result in a pregnancy—he knew it was a big hit for us. Dr. Fisher continued to care but also was realistic about what we could expect from trying an IUI cycle afterward. I never felt like he didn’t care about me.
Always great! Mel provided great info all the time and was really supportive when we didn’t get the results we wanted at first.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The finance department could use help. As far as I can tell, this is one person trying to manage it all. She just seems, busy. The front staff are nice, at all the sites I’ve been to as well. Everything is clean.
He highly recommend the eSET. No objection from us.
Oakland

Some of the nurses [at Spring Fertility] go between the Oakland and SF office so it was really nice on the day of my transfer to see one of our nurses in SF and get a hug before I went in for the procedure...We did ICSI, genetic testing and frozen transfer with one embryo. Overall with medications we paid between $25-30k...easy location in Oakland, clean and cozy clinic, amazing staff. The SF clinic is similar. Things to know- parking at the Oakland clinic is difficult but not terrible. We only went to SF for the weekends and the day of procedures and found parking easily. If you have any questions or concerns with finances work with your coordinator to manage them. Spring basically has packages and we had no surprises with our costs.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Minjarez treated me differently than the other fertility doctors I had seen. I was exhausted with misinformation and feeling like none of the doctors I met with were fully in control of a plan toward success. However, Dr. Minjarez was direct in her communication and let me know what challenges were ahead and she did it compassionately. Kaiser has sent over 450 pages of my medical records and I assumed it would be too much to read through so I came to the appointment with a timeline. When I met with Dr. Minjarez she knew everything I’d been through and already had a tailored plan. The major part of feeling confident and secure with Dr. Minjarez is that she was open to hearing my questions, thoroughly explained things, and if I had a specific request she was open to it. Many of the doctors I’d had before treated my journey as an experiment I.E. sure, I have no idea if that will work so let’s try it. That’s never comforting. As a queer female couple, every time we tried to get pregnant was costly financially and emotionally. Dr. Minjarez was the only doctor that understood that balance and knew that we didn’t have time or money to waste. Lastly, Dr. Minjarez treats you based on your cycle - the clinic didn’t make me take medications in order to fill their schedule. So when my body was ready they were able to always accommodate.
If you have any doubts or questions make sure to always ask them before you leave the appointment. She is busy but always has time to explain and answer things.
Dr. Minjarez and her team were dedicated to my fertility journey. They addressed me and my wife personally, compassionately, and made sure we left with all the information we needed. Even though the office visits were efficient and brief we never felt rushed (helpful when you need to rush to work!). I was thankful that the staff were friendly and always rooted for our success.
Because I’d already had an extensive journey with medication, Dr. Minjarez was able to tailor my injections and quantities based off my history. Surprisingly, she didn’t prescribe the highest amount of injections that I’d used before. Instead she explained to me that I didn’t need as much as I’d had before (that doctor had really amped up the meds) in order to produce. When I had my transfer she prescribed clomid. Previously I’d had a weird reaction to clomid (Rx from the same doctor that had rx’ed high amounts of injections) and Dr. Minjarez walked me through trying it again at a different dosage and taking them at night. She let me know that I could change the meds if I needed to. She was right and I didn’t have a negative reaction when I took them. After I had the embryo transfer I was able to just have progesterone suppositories instead of injecting. This is uncommon with the other doctors I’d met with and I was so thankful that Dr. Minjarez knew the up to date science and confirmed that my numbers were high enough for suppositories. Most other doctors just automatically prescribe progesterone injections no matter what.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sonia, care coordinator. Flo, nurse)
Sonia was our coordinator and she is amazing. Super organized and totally invested in our journey to have a baby. As a queer couple, the entire staff embraced us and always addressed me and my wife appropriately. The nurses were all great! We mostly worked with Flo but also had other nurses. They were all knowledgeable and knew my medical chart very well. That type of knowledge and attention never happens at other clinics. Some of the nurses go between the Oakland and SF office so it was really nice on the day of my transfer to see one of our nurses in SF and get a hug before I went in for the procedure.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths- easy location in Oakland, clean and cozy clinic, amazing staff. The SF clinic is similar. Things to know- parking at the Oakland clinic is difficult but not terrible. We only went to SF for the weekends and the day of procedures and found parking easily. If you have any questions or concerns with finances work with your coordinator to manage them. Spring basically has packages and we had no surprises with our costs.
We did ICSI, genetic testing and frozen transfer with one embryo. Overall with medications we paid between $25-30k. Our insurance didn’t cover anything.
We preferred single embryo transfer and Dr. Minjarez agreed. We did PGS testing and ICSI to have the best chances of only needing the eSET. This was recommended by Dr. Minjarez and we were happy with the results.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
For our second round of retrieval, Dr Fisher hastened the taper of some of the medications, as the first round saw an unexpected jump in follicle size from one ultrasound to the next...[he] is very positive, he maintains a sunny disposition, even while cautioning about potential negative outcomes. If anything, sometimes we wished he was upfront about our results, if they were negative in someway.
[the Spring Fertility] Clinic is excellent with doctor patient communication. Most sessions are with your assigned physicians and the doctors are very easy to reach by phone. The nursing staff varied in level of experience, but for the most part were very good. Less experienced nurses seemed to have less pivotal/demanding roles...Medication fees, procedure fees- each ivf session from start ot extraction cost around 18k.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fischer is very positive, he maintains a sunny disposition, even while cautioning about potential negative outcomes. If anything, sometimes we wished he was upfront about our results, if they were negative in someway. We were concerned he might be adding a positive spin to a negative outcome.
Dr. Fisher is an excellent doctor, feel free to ask him direct questions relating to your procedures/outcomes.
Dr. Fischer has been energetic in conversation and engaging through all our interactions with him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
There was one miscommunication we had with a scheduling nurse . Their blood draw nurse was clearly very new to the profession. Things were otherwise professional, well run
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
We had one miscommunication regarding an appointment time - this was rectified and didn't happen again with later appointments
Oakland
She [Dr. Minjarez] was the absolute best. A true professional, compassionate doctor. She cared for my wife as is she was family and was so caring the entire process. As the husband, I left each appointment with an understanding of what was happening and going on. She made it simple to understand. I could not have been happier with her and our overall experience.
They [Spring Fertility nurses] were always so professional, friendly and a pleasure to be around...The clinic is great. The layout, is modern, the receptionist is super friendly, it is spotless/clean and very easy to find. Each time we went there, the entire environment made us feel calm, which is a great feeling when stepping into a clinic. It was honestly one of, if not the best office I've ever been into...Out of pocket cost was a total of $1,200
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
She was the absolute best. A true professional, compassionate doctor. She cared for my wife as is she was family and was so caring the entire process. As the husband, I left each appointment with an understanding of what was happening and going on. She made it simple to understand. I could not have been happier with her and our overall experience.
Listen to her. She honestly cares about each patient and what you're going through. Take every step as she says and things will work out!
Dr. Minjarez is so caring, sweet and truly cares. She walked us through every step and made us feel comfortable the entire process.
My wife had 3 cycles of Clomid and injections in order to prepare her body for the IUI process. We wanted to start with IUI vs IVF , so this was the best option for us. The first 2 cycles produced chemical pregnancies for my wife. On the 3rd try, the pregnancy held and she gave birth to our son 3 months ago.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
The nursing staff was awesome too! We could tell they truly cared for us and wanted things to work out too. They were always so professional, friendly and a pleasure to be around.
Out of pocket cost was a total of $1,200
Oakland

I really had to push for extra time [from Dr. Minjarez] to understand my treatment. On one instance, she made a quick decision that had major financial and treatment implications for me that were not explained. It all worked out, but I would prefer more discussion and shared decision making...Egg retrieval was stimulated with gonal f and menupour, which resulted in many more eggs than expected. ICSI successfully resulted in the expected number of embryos. I was advised to do PGS. A controlled cycle was used for the FET because I was not ovulating under the natural cycle as we initially hoped. First FET resulted in pregnancy.
Mel [nurse at Spring Fertility] was great. Very timely in response and helped me advocate for the care I needed...This clinic relies on the RN for most patient communications, so if you want more access to your doctor you need to push. I recommend meeting with the financial counselor regularly to assess payment options. I had a tricky insurance situation and we were able to get advice on how to minimize out of pocket expenses.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Most importantly, I got results with Dr Minjarez. I have no doubts in her clinical decisions for me. She isn’t the most warm and cuddly practitoner, which I don’t mind, but I did not have a great experience with her as a communicator. It felt like she didn’t want to take the time to explain my treatment plan to me. I really had to push for extra time to understand my treatment. On one instance, she made a quick decision that had major financial and treatment implications for me that were not explained. It all worked out, but I would prefer more discussion and shared decision making.
Push for time and explanation if you feel like you need a better understanding. My pushing always worked even though I consistently had to do it.
The overall care team is great but I didn’t get much direct time with my doctor at Spring. Almost all Appointments are for ultrasounds, which is five minutes and then you get rushed out. If you have questions after, everything goes through the nurse. My nurse was great, but I had times when I needed further explanation from my doctor on treatment, which I felt like I really had to push for.
Mel was great. Very timely in response and helped me advocate for the care I needed. She met all my needs and expectations.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
All the staff are friendly and responsive. This clinic relies on the RN for most patient communications, so if you want more access to your doctor you need to push. I recommend meeting with the financial counselor regularly to assess payment options. I had a tricky insurance situation and we were able to get advice on how to minimize out of pocket expenses.
Oakland

Dr. Minjarez was great - she was candid about the possibility that we might not succeed because of my very low egg count, but did her best to tailor an approach to my situation and coach us through the process. When I emailed questions to the team, she often called me directly to answer them. I found her to be very warm and friendly in a non-nonsense sort of way.
Spring is great - it was always very convenient to schedule appointments and the staff were always friendly and calm. They do their best to make it not feel too much like a hospital, which made it a little less stressful. I really liked the Oakland office...Nurses were nice but honestly pretty nondescript- I mostly saw the doctor
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Dr Minjarez was great - as I said previously, she was very thoughtful and helped us think through our choices at every stage. When the second round of injections didn't yield any viable embryos, she adjusted the medications for the third round.
Minimal stimulation in general, but each round was slightly different
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
Nurses were nice but honestly pretty nondescript- I mostly saw the doctor
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I was fortunate to be covered with Progyny from my employer, so the costs were pretty minimal - just medications.
Spring only does single embryo transfers, I believe, due to the risk associated with twin pregnancies