Temeka Zore

Mountain View (closed)
2490 Hospital Dr
Mountain View, CA 94040

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Fisher truly loves his job and it shows!...can recite a study to back any of his decisions...allowed me to be an advocate for myself and helped me navigate my questions and concerns and would make changes based on our discussions...When we got our PGT results back he was so excited that he called me personally with my whole team on speaker phone...Him and his team made me want to come in because it felt so warm and inviting.
When we got our PGT results back [Dr. Fisher] was so excited that he called me personally with my whole team [at Spring Fertility] on speaker phone...Him and his team made me want to come in because it felt so warm and inviting...I loved that I received a call from a nurse after every appointment and that they checked in on me after my procedures...I always received prompt professional answers, and always felt like the only person they were treating.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr Fisher truly loves his job and it shows! He always comes in with a positive upbeat attitude. He can recite a study to back any of his decisions. He allowed me to be an advocate for myself and helped me navigate my questions and concerns and would make changes based on our discussions. He was patient when I had ten million questions and wanted to know why for everything. One of the things that made me respect him the most, however, was how highly his staff talked about him. They would tell me how they learned so much from him from his in-service classes he taught weekly. How he really wanted them to have the knowledge and love what they did, and he did so in a fun and interesting way. All of that could be seen as a patient as well. We could not have been in better hands!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr Fisher is very personable and always had something to talk about relating to past conversations or about his own personal life. He explained everything in depth and then was always really patient knowing I would have a million questions. Looking back he could have told me to ask the nurse, but he answered them himself. When we got our PGT results back he was so excited that he called me personally with my whole team on speaker phone. He was always upbeat and excited to be at work. Him and his team made me want to come in because it felt so warm and inviting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nurse- Melissa Care Coord. - Shelby)
I loved that I received a call from a nurse after every appointment and that they checked in on me after my procedures. I spoke to random nurses and rarely my own nurse. However, my Care Coordinator was always available, always coming in to cheer me on, and even held my hand when I got sick after my saline sonogram. Anything I needed she was always on top of it!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I was seen at both Danville and Oakland and I was impressed with every single person I came in contact with. Everyone was always friendly, upbeat, and generally happy to see you/be at work. I always received prompt professional answers, and always felt like the only person they were treating. There is not one single negative to report.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
I’m not sure if it was due to the pandemic and trying to keep people from waiting in the waiting room together, but I never saw any other patients in the Danville or Oakland office for monitoring. I was always 5-10 minutes early and in my car about 5-10 minutes after my appointment. I was seen quickly with all my questions answered. And not once did I feel rushed to get in or to get out. I was monitored twice by other doctors because it was Dr Fisher’s day off. I must say, his way of explaining the monitoring process and giving exact detail was much better than the other two. The other two told me to ask the nurse when they called in the evening. It wasn’t rude, just that it was the nurses job.

2021, 20 Eggs Frozen
Spring has the best of both worlds. It’s equipped with latest and greatest of technology and competent providers. Yet it provides care with the delicacy of a small fertility clinic who care about their patients and don’t make you feel like you are just a paying “customer”. I had a wonderful experience dealing with staff and doctors and would recommend it to my friends and family.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher is one of the best providers I have come across so far. He is competent, professional and thorough. Dr. Fisher will provide the answers you are looking for without unnecessarily sugarcoating. He’ll tell you what you need to hear. However that doesn’t mean he is not compassionate. In fact he is warm and very friendly and genuinely cares about his patients. He sets realistic expectations so that nothing comes as a shock. Once you know what to expect, Dr. Fisher will provide the best quality of care and will hear you out if you have any doubts or concerns. You can leave up to him to decide the best course of action for your treatment plan. Truly made it so much easier for me to go through what I did.
Be open minded and trust what Dr. Fisher has to say.
Dr. Fisher was invested in my treatment and care and made sure he utilized his professional knowledge to get optimal results for me. When discussing stats, I sometimes felt like I was going to be part of a statistic too, however, this can’t be avoided since Dr. Fisher has to set realistic expectations for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melissa - nurse and Paige - coordinator )
Staff is very friendly and put you at ease. They empathize with what you’re going through. Communication is great. However due to covid everything was over video and phone calls and that made me a little overwhelmed in the beginning. Once I had an understanding of what to do and how to do, I thought staff did an excellent job at keeping everything on track.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility.
$24700

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr.Fisher was responsive and personable on calls and always made me feel heard...polite, respectful, always greeted me with a smile, was patient with all my questions and never made the appointments feel rushed. He was always thorough in explaining procedures and next steps, comprehensive with his exams of follicle sizes, concerns and what to expect....
Shelby and Melissa [nurses at Spring Fertility] both went above and beyond when it came to communication, attentiveness and follow through. If they say they were going to do something, you could trust they would call you, follow up via email and make sure you were taken care of...Convenient location. Easy parking. Clean space, Offered snacks and drinks and all staff was friendly and polite. The environment was pleasant, equipment seemed clean and new...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Candidly, when I first approached Spring, I wanted a female doctor but the earliest appointment was with Dr.Fisher. Although initially hesitant, since day 1 of seeing him, I felt very comfortable and at ease. He opened up and shared his own story of how him and his wife also went through their own fertility journey. I think that makes him a lot more relatable and empathetic to his patient's journey. He was polite, respectful, always greeted me with a smile, was patient with all my questions and never made the appointments feel rushed. He was always thorough in explaining procedures and next steps, comprehensive with his exams of follicle sizes, concerns and what to expect. I really appreciated the attentive care provided whether it was via email, in person or follow up calls after certain procedures to update me on progress. I remember the day of my transfer, he rushed over to the SF clinic all the way from Danville just to make sure he was the one doing the transfer himself. That definitely re-assured me, made me more confident that the chance of success would be high and overall just put me in a more positive state of mind. We are now a month away from meeting our miracle baby and I am immensely grateful to Dr.Fisher and the Spring team. Overall, would recommend Dr.Fisher to any of my friends or family members looking for fertility treatment. Could not have asked for a better experience.
Come prepared with questions during your appointments. Dr.Fisher is thorough with talking through the treatment but also always leaves room for any questions you might have.
Dr. Fisher and staff were always friendly, on-time, patient with my many questions, understanding when I got emotional due to any results or drop offs from retrieval, day 3, day 5 survival and embryo quality. Dr.Fisher was responsive and personable on calls and always made me feel heard.
Describe the protocols Thomas Fisher used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I went through 2 IVF cycles and 1 frozen embryo transfer with Dr. Fisher. For both retrievals, I was taking the following supplements: prenatal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, and Q10. My diagnosis was unexplained infertility as I had done prior exams and blood work at another clinic before Spring. In my first cycle, my antral follicle count was only 9-10. I started off with taking Estrace, got a bleed, went in for a baseline ultrasound and then started ​225IU of Gonal F and then 150IU for Menopur. The dosage of Gonal and Menopur were dropped as they doctor tracked my bloodwork and the size and growth of my follicles every few days to try to get them to all grow at the same pace. I then started Cetrotide in conjuction with Menopur and Gonal F and eventually triggered with Novarel and Lupron. For my first retrieval, my body only yielded 8 eggs, 1 follicle was empty and only 1 egg was mature. That was devastating news and I remember crying for a long time thinking the odds of a healthy embryo was likely going to be none after the drop off from Day 3 to Day 5 to genetic testing. Dr.Fisher and the care team definitely set proper expectations and were also quite comforting in talking through alternatives for a second round. Miraculously, that one mature egg actually resulted in a 6AA Day5 Euploid embryo. Given that my husband and I wanted at least 2 kids, Dr. Fisher also recommended having at least 2 healthy embryos per potentially viable pregnancy so we decided to pursue a second round of IVF egg retrieval before moving forward with a transfer. In my second IVF cycle: I started off with Aygestin, had around 11 antral follicles, started same dosage of ​225IU of Gonal F and then 150IU for Menopur which was adjusted slightly after every ultrasound and blood test appointment. Then started Cetrotide and triggered again with Lupron and Novarel. This time, 11 eggs were retrieved, 8 mature. I ended up with 4 that survived until Day 5 and then 3 that turned out to be Euploids. For my frozen embryo transfer, I started off with Aygestin pills (this was mostly because we were thinking of potentially doing a 3rd cycle of IVF depending on results of the embryo genetic testing). However, once we confirmed we were moving forward with FET, I was put on Letrozole 5mg for 5 days. After a few monitoring visits, the doctor asked me to start Gonal F at 150IU. As monitoring progressed, I was then instructed to take Ovidrel at 250mcg and take Medrol 16mg pills for 5 days. I went back in for a progesterone level check and then was confirmed for transfer. Transfer was successful and I am now 8 months pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Shelby Raley & Melissa Caponi)
Shelby and Melissa both went above and beyond when it came to communication, attentiveness and follow through. If they say they were going to do something, you could trust they would call you, follow up via email and make sure you were taken care of.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Convenient location. Easy parking. Clean space, Offered snacks and drinks and all staff was friendly and polite. The environment was pleasant, equipment seemed clean and new . No weaknesses that I can think of.
Although most people including myself go in thinking we will perhaps only need one IVF cycle, it's always good to know your options and what pricing will look like if you needed subsequent cycles. Accounting for price of medication is also something that needs to be factored in. Alto Pharmacy was superb in terms of convenience of delivering the medication to my doorstep. Our cost was ~$50K for 2 IVF cycles and 1 FET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
During my embryo transfer, at one of my ultrasound visits, I was seen by another doctor. The reaction of the doctor made it seem like there was a strong possibility the transfer would need to be cancelled as I might have ovulated already. I panicked and started crying frantically. That said, Dr. Fisher called me shortly after my appointment to reassure me that he was not concerned and that I would be monitored closely for the next couple of days to confirm next steps. In the end, I was able to successfully complete the FET so although alarming at first, it all worked out.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Fisher is the best doctor I've ever worked with. He and his team has been with us through our 1+ year long fertility journey and we could not have asked for a better team. From the get go, he took the time to educate us, carefully listen to our story & goals, and created a plan for us. He's honest, realistic, funny, smart, detail-oriented, caring, all the things you'd wish for as a doctor during such vulnerable times.
I absolutely ADORED Spring Fertility staff, from the nurses, coordinators to the front office team. They make up the amazing culture Spring has and I always looked forward to my appts...I have recommended at least 5 people at my company to Spring Fertility because of how incredible the clinic is. They are organized, efficient, effective (have some of the highest success rates), and the culture and team are incredible...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Just be honest with what you want and come prepared for any questions. He was so patient with all my questions and always took the time to walk through everything with me.
Dr. Fisher is the only doctor I ever felt a connection with. From the start of our fertility journey, he always showed care, empathy, and enthusiasm to help you achieve your goals. He also made a process that can be so vulnerable much more pleasing than I had expected.
We went with the mid-luteal protocol. For medications, was as on the typical injections, FSH, Menopur, Cetrotide and I can't remember what I used for trigger. For the transfer, we went with natural/letrozole protocol as I was able to ovulate on my own and my progesterone levels were normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Caponi )
I absolutely ADORED Spring Fertility staff, from the nurses, coordinators to the front office team. They make up the amazing culture Spring has and I always looked forward to my appts so I can catch up with everyone. :) They are amazing!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
My company insurance covered most of it and I paid about 1500 out of pocket. I believe if I did not have insurance, it would be 18k for the injections + trigger and 6-7k for transfer.
Describe Thomas Fisher's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
We went wit single embryo transfer as it was the safest and lowest risk.

2021, Successful
The care team at Spring Danville was wonderful to work with. Very professional, organized, knowledgeable and friendly...billing is straightforward, their patient portal where we get all communications and updates about our treatment is quite helpful and user friendly, the facilities are very clean and modern and since they have different locations you could use for your monitoring, you never have to be commuting too far to get your care
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher always took the time to listen to my concerns, answered my questions in the clearest way possible, he was always realistic and honest about our case, no sugarcoating but always kind and respectful. During every appointment he always had the best attitude, his bedside manner was spotless and his communication very straightforward. IVF can be a very complex process but at every visit Dr Fisher always made sure I understood every decision about my treatment, what the next steps would be and why, I always left his office at ease and confident I was getting the best care for my case. Dr Fisher's demeanor has the right mix of science, professionalism, compassion and heart and I feel truly fortunate to have had him as my fertility Doctor!
Please ask him all the questions and share every concern you have, he will always listen and give you an honest and clear answer.
In every interaction I had with with Dr. Fisher, he was always professional and kind, he cared about me as an individual and wanted me to succeed. I also never felt rushed during any consultation or procedure, I always got enough time and attention for my care.
For my egg retrieval: I was on Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, leuprolide and triggered with pregnyl (cannot remember the doses as these were adjusted) For my transfer: medrol and ovidrel. My FET was successful and I am now pregnant at 42-years-old.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: My nurse was Darcy and care coordinator was Shelby)
The care team at Spring Danville was wonderful to work with. Very professional, organized, knowledgeable and friendly. For some of my procedures I went to their Oakland office, where I also got excellent care. Everyone including receptionists, nurses, medical assistants, and every person I ever interacted with at Spring offered me the best care.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring has a very organized system: billing is straightforward, their patient portal where we get all communications and updates about our treatment is quite helpful and user friendly, the facilities are very clean and modern and since they have different locations you could use for your monitoring, you never have to be commuting too far to get your care. Parking in the Danville office was always good, but in the Oakland office it was a bit difficult so it was good to show up with enough time to be able to find a spot and still make it on time for my appointment.
Egg retrieval and monitoring: $18000, Embryo transfer $4700, Medications: $4000.
We did single embryo transfer (safer for my age and higher chances of live birth)
2020, 54 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Fisher] always cared for me and made sure that I felt comfortable every time I saw him. I went in with a lot of questions and he made sure that he gave me the full answer without making me feel rushed. He also engaged me in the decision process on what protocols to go with by explaining the pros & cons in detail (which I really appreciated. Every patient is different!). I felt confident throughout the process thanks to him.
I missed [the Spring Fertility nurses] calls frequently (my work entails a lot of meetings) and she made sure that she sent me an email & leave me a VM to make sure I get all the updates in time...Very friendly. I almost felt like I wanted to come back to see them later at my last appointment! Having multiple locations also helped as I could choose the closer location for quick visits. I also loved how quickly they moved. I was looking at different clinics and Spring was able to move fastest and get me started sooner than later.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Very attentive and caring. He went through the IVF process with his wife and he not only has the medical understanding of he process but also how a patient might feel physically/medically. His friendly personality made me feel very comfortable every time I went in.
There are no stupid questions so ask away!
He always cared for me and made sure that I felt comfortable every time I saw him. I went in with a lot of questions and he made sure that he gave me the full answer without making me feel rushed. He also engaged me in the decision process on what protocols to go with by explaining the pros & cons in detail (which I really appreciated. Every patient is different!). I felt confident throughout the process thanks to him.
[1ST CYCLE: 24 retrieved, 21 mature] Started the shots with the period, progesterone priming for 10 days before the period. Started with 150IU Gonal f/ 150IU Menopur. It went down to 75 IU each eventually & I added Cetrotide on day 5. Lupron only trigger to prevent OHSS. Triggered on day 11, and vaginal Cabergoline insertion for 8 days since the trigger day. [2ND CYCLE: 42 retrieved, 33 mature] Mid-luteal protocol to see if we can get the eggs grow a little tighter. Started the shots 1 month after the retrieval date. Started priming 5 days after positive ovulation test. Started with 150IU Gonal f/ 150IU Menopur. It went down to 100IU Gonal f/ 75 IU Menopur eventually & I added Cetrotide on day 6. Lupron only trigger to prevent OHSS. Triggered on day 11, and vaginal Cabergoline insertion for 8 days since the trigger day. Was back on Cetrotide again for 3 days after ER to minimize OHSS risk.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Paige)
Very friendly and always available to answer any questions/provide updates in a timely manner. I missed her calls frequently (my work entails a lot of meetings) and she made sure that she sent me an email & leave me a VM to make sure I get all the updates in time.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I had fertility coverage through work and the care team had a good understanding of my coverage (Progyny)

2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Fisher] explained everything clearly and answered all my questions. I wish he had discussed how to beat take care of myself before and after the IUI though. He is always friendly and reassuring, and has great bedside manner. He also made me feel much more hopeful than before. He made the decision for an IUI seem like a very easy one...clomid for 5 days and monitored my follicles with ultrasounds. Once I hit 15.5cm he had me trigger ovulation 3 days later. IUI was 2 days after that...
It [Spring Fertility] is clean and comfortable. The staff is warm and comforting. They always have a coordinator follow up after appointments to explain everything again and answer any questions, which is great if you get nervous in the appointments like I do. The front desk staff is friendly and the waiting room is comfortable...They [nurses] are all very calm and kind. Everyone has been professional. And the woman who drew my blood did a great job...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
He explained everything clearly and answered all my questions. I wish he had discussed how to beat take care of myself before and after the IUI though. He is always friendly and reassuring, and has great bedside manner. He also made me feel much more hopeful than before. He made the decision for an IUI seem like a very easy one.
Ask a lot of questions
I had a full fertility workup (blood panels, checking my uterus and fallopian tubes, hereditary disease panel, etc). We did clomid for 5 days and monitored my follicles with ultrasounds. Once I hit 15.5cm he had me trigger ovulation 3 days later. IUI was 2 days after that.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
They are all very calm and kind. Everyone has been professional. And the woman who drew my blood did a great job.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
It is clean and comfortable. The staff is warm and comforting. They always have a coordinator follow up after appointments to explain everything again and answer any questions, which is great if you get nervous in the appointments like I do. The front desk staff is friendly and the waiting room is comfortable.
About 500 for initial blood work, 550 for the fallopian tube check, 1733 for the IUI. This is without insurance.

2021, Successful
We never felt rushed by Dr. Fisher. During each appointment, he took the time to explain the process and next steps to me and my husband and always patiently answered any and all of our questions. He was honest and always set realistic expectations. We felt like we could trust his treatment plan and always felt supported by him and his staff...always kept us informed of what he thought was happening and why he was recommending certain next steps...
Overall the clinic and staff [at Spring Fertility] were incredible. They were organized, communicated well, and always saw us on time. We felt informed and supported every step of the way. Dr. Fisher and his team always showed compassion for what my husband and I were going through and resorted hope in our journey to grow our family. We had the most amazing experience and would definitely go back, if needed...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
By the time my husband and I saw Dr. Fisher, we had been trying to grow our family for over a year and had experienced one pregnancy loss. We were sad and defeated, but after our first consultation appointment with Dr. Fisher, hope was restored. Dr. Fisher spent over an hour meeting with me and my husband, asking us lots of questions, and reviewing our lab test results with us. He explained in detail what he thought may be going on and gave us a few options for next steps. This was the most time any doctor had spent with us over the past year and we left his office feeling informed and hopeful. Over the next 3 months of treatment, Dr. Fisher and his team were communicative, honest, and always kept us informed along the way. We had one minor setup during the Timed Intercourse treatment process, but Dr. Fisher had a solution and always kept us informed of what he thought was happening and why he was recommending certain next steps. Ultimately, we are blessed that the treatment worked and we now have a beautiful healthy 2 month old baby boy. We are so grateful for everything Dr. Fisher did to help us grow our family and would highly recommend his services.
Come with an open mind and trust the process
Dr. Fisher suggested we try Timed Intercourse and started me on 5mg of Letrozole. I took the 5mg of Letrozole for 5 days and then went in for an ultrasound to see if my ovaries had grown. They hadn't made much progress, so Dr. Fisher increased the Letrozole dose to 10mg and I took that for 5 more days. When I went back in for my next ultrasound, my ovaries had grown slightly, but not as much as we had hoped. That being said, Dr. Fisher told me he felt confident the medication was working, it was just working slower than we had anticipated. Dr. Fisher told me to wait a few more days and then take an ovulation test. I did exactly that and the test was positive. My husband and I were fortunate enough to get pregnant that month thanks to the medication and treatment process.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Overall the clinic and staff were incredible. They were organized, communicated well, and always saw us on time. We felt informed and supported every step of the way. Dr. Fisher and his team always showed compassion for what my husband and I were going through and resorted hope in our journey to grow our family. We had the most amazing experience and would definitely go back, if needed.
Approximately $6,500 for one round of Timed Intercourse + a saline sonogram.
Danville

Dr. Fisher is very helpful to explain the process...We did IVF with ICSI we had expected to get lots of embryos, unfortunately only 2 embryos made it to blast the first retrieval and 1 embryo the second retrieval. We did a natural cycle for my frozen embryo transfer which was successful...was very personable and compassionate to my story as I had a previous stillbirth.
My lead nurse [at Spring Fertility] was amazing! She helped create multiple estimate timelines to help me with the planning of my retrieval’s and transfer!...The clinic is great, after a failed retrieval I was upset and blamed the clinic yet then got two opinions from other clinics that said the same thing as my clinic so I was reassured how good my team is.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher really heard me out on my TTC journey after stillbirth. He was so supportive and made me feel comfortable even though my retrieval’s did not go the way we hoped. He helped with my plans moving forward after two retrieval’s and moving forward with a transfer with our one embryo prior to trying a third retrieval. He is such a great doctor and person.
Ask all your questions as you deserve to understand your treatment plan and Dr. Fisher is very helpful to explain the process.
Dr. Fisher was very personable and compassionate to my story as I had a previous stillbirth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mel)
My lead nurse was amazing! She helped create multiple estimate timelines to help me with the planning of my retrieval’s and transfer!
I had insurance for IVF
I completely agree with a single FET (I also only had one embryo)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
For my second retrieval the nurse called and gave me the results from my first retrieval, it was extra upsetting as the results from my second retrieval were worse.

2021, Successful
Dr.Fisher explained everything very thoroughly. He is very knowledgeable in his field and made us feel comfortable every step of the way...He really listens to you and explains everything in detail...Dr.Fisher had such great bedside manner and treated me with tons of respect...We did a frozen embryo transfer about 6 weeks after egg retrieval and pgs testing...We felt like we were in great hands throughout the whole process...
The clinic [Spring Fertility] was always very clean, welcoming, bright and cheery. All the patient representatives were pleasant and attentive. The payment process was easy and clear. The rooms had very high tech monitors and computers. All the nurses who took my blood were very positive and easygoing and made me feel comfortable...total cost from start to finish (one IVF cycle with a positive pregnancy) was roughly $28,000...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr.Fisher explained everything very thoroughly. He is very knowledgeable in his field and made us feel comfortable every step of the way. We felt like we were in great hands throughout the whole process.
You’ll be in great hands. He really listens to you and explains everything in detail. He was fantastic!
Dr.Fisher had such great bedside manner and treated me with tons of respect.
I can’t remember all the specifics but I know we used gonal-f, and another medication before egg retrieval. We did a frozen embryo transfer about 6 weeks after egg retrieval and pgs testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
All of the staff was very caring and understanding.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic was always very clean, welcoming, bright and cheery. All the patient representatives were pleasant and attentive. The payment process was easy and clear. The rooms had very high tech monitors and computers. All the nurses who took my blood were very positive and easygoing and made me feel comfortable. I have no negative experiences with this clinic.
The total cost from start to finish (one IVF cycle with a positive pregnancy) was roughly $28,000
Spring fertility prefers to do only a single embryo transfer. They let us decide which embryo we wanted to use.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Fisher worked with my anxiety to ensure I was well informed. He took my opinions into consideration, explained all medication and procedures in detail and never pushed me towards a treatment I didn’t feel comfortable with. He predicted the exact outcome of my treatment cycle, down to the number of embryos. He really uNader stood our diagnoses and helped us get a good outcome in the very first attempt....
Great clinic [Spring Fertility], offer latest medical technology , very clean, professional and punctual . Easy to reach and great at communicating . All labs are in house which is very convenient . Trained staff, procedures like Saline ultrasound also done in house...Dr Fisher worked with my anxiety to ensure I was well informed. He took my opinions into consideration, explained all medication and procedures in detail and never pushed me towards a treatment I didn’t feel comfortable with...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Dr Fisher is very kind and accommodating
Dr Fisher has excellent bedside manner. He doesn’t treat you as just another patient or number. He takes efforts to get to know you and understand your preferences. He ensures you understand your treatment and are on board with it .
Inspite of low chances of success , because of our preference, we started with IUIs with Letrozole for male factor infertility. I also have one tube only. We moved on to IVF , did one round of mid luteal protocol , added ICSI and zymot and got 17 eggs, 4 day 6 embryos , 3 PGT normals. We transferred one embryo in a modified natural cycle the following month (medrol + Valium , no progesterone ) and it was successful.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Great clinic, offer latest medical technology , very clean, professional and punctual . Easy to reach and great at communicating . All labs are in house which is very convenient . Trained staff, procedures like Saline ultrasound also done in house
Used Progyny - paid out of pocket max . Total cost around 5000 usd
I agreed with Dr Fishers risk assessment and preferred to transfer a single embryo

2021, Successful
From our initial assessment to our last & final appointment, Dr. Fisher was nothing but amazing! Not only is he a wonderful doctor with incredible bedside manner, but he rocks as a human being - his compassion & dedication is apparent in everything that he does...he personalizes your protocol & values your insight as a patient. Your concerns/questions do not go unheeded...Due to my age, Dr. Fisher suggested that we transfer all our 3 embryos (1 frozen; 2 fresh) at once, which he thought might increase our odds of success...
[at Spring Fertility] you truly feel valued as a patient & that your needs are being met on an individual basis. You're seen promptly for appointments & the staff is super helpful & nice. It's comforting, given the stressful reason you're there in the first place...his [Dr. Fisher's] compassion & dedication is apparent in everything that he does...he personalizes your protocol & values your insight as a patient. Your concerns/questions do not go unheeded
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher was referred to us by my OB/Gyn, as we were having trouble conceiving our second child (due to DOR, low AMH); therefore, we decided IVF was our next route. From our initial assessment to our last & final appointment, Dr. Fisher was nothing but amazing! Not only is he a wonderful doctor with incredible bedside manner, but he rocks as a human being - his compassion & dedication is apparent in everything that he does. We are so, so grateful for this man & the fact that with his help, our little miracle girl was born happy & healthy.
While the process might take longer than expected or wanted, he personalizes your protocol & values your insight as a patient. Your concerns/questions do not go unheeded.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I love this clinic due to its proximity to where I live, as well as its staff. At Spring, you're not meant to feel as though you're just a number - you truly feel valued as a patient & that your needs are being met on an individual basis. You're seen promptly for appointments & the staff is super helpful & nice. It's comforting, given the stressful reason you're there in the first place.
All in all, I believe we spent approximately $45K OOP. It's a shame insurance didn't cover most, if not all, of it.
Due to my age, Dr. Fisher suggested that we transfer all our 3 embryos (1 frozen; 2 fresh) at once, which he thought might increase our odds of success. We are so happy we went with his suggestion, as one of those embryos resulted in our little girl!

2022, 6 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Klatsky customized my treatment from beginning to end, adjusting my meds throughout the cycle in response to every scan and blood test. His personalized approach made an incredible difference, and resulted exactly Double (!) the number of eggs frozen in a single cycle. He is also an incredibly personable doctor with excellent bedside manner, and I always feel like he is both the captain of my treatment team, and also rooting for me personally....
Amazing staff, including dedicated care coordinator and nurse [at Spring Fertility]. Never ever difficult to get in touch with a question, all communication done in office or by phone, with summary sent to portal for clarity. Excellent team...Organized, caring, well run, very prompt...I really appreciated that you had a dedicated care team so it wasn't a giant question mark when it came to who to reach out to...$9750 for full cycle, inclusive of all scans, appointments, day of procedure costs. $3800 for meds ( I paid this to the pharmacy, not Spring...
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
I was blown away the amazing treatment I received under Dr. Klatsky's care, and am so thrilled with the results of my egg freezing cycle with him. Dr. Klatsky understood that I have some irregular factors (low ovarian reserve, irregular cycle.) He also knew that I'd gone through a cycle 1 year prior at a different NYC clinic that did not go well. The biggest differentiating factor is that Dr. Klatsky customized my treatment from beginning to end, adjusting my meds throughout the cycle in response to every scan and blood test. His personalized approach made an incredible difference, and resulted exactly Double (!) the number of eggs frozen in a single cycle. He is also an incredibly personable doctor with excellent bedside manner, and I always feel like he is both the captain of my treatment team, and also rooting for me personally.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Never for a moment did I feel like a number or a run-of-the-mill case, which is exactly how I had felt after my experience at a previous practice. Dr Klatsky and the team did not rush me into starting a cycle, were patient with my irregular cycles, made a point of understanding what was going on with my body before going ahead with forming a plan, and generally treated my case with the level of attention and thought it deserved... And the result was a doubly successful cycle under his care vs my cycle at the other fertility clinic.
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Mid-Luteal start, 12 days of injections (Cetrotide in AM days 6-12; Menopur and Gonal in the evenings Days 1-12.) Trigger shots were lupron (.8) and Novarel 2500. I began with 8-9 antral follicles, 9 were retreived, and 6 were mature/frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danielle (nurse), Nerissa (coordinator))
Amazing staff, including dedicated care coordinator and nurse. Never ever difficult to get in touch with a question, all communication done in office or by phone, with summary sent to portal for clarity. Excellent team.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Organized, caring, well run, very prompt. Never hard to get in touch with your care team or doctor, which I found was an issue at a prior clinic. I really appreciated that you had a dedicated care team so it wasn't a giant question mark when it came to who to reach out to Strengths are interpersonal communication and clarity.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility.

2022, Successful
Dr. Yoder was very personable, warm, and kind. She was very professional and detail-oriented. Dr. Yoder was available to talk over the phone when needed, and she was available at all my appointments. She took the time to understand (and remember) all aspects of my history...She also has a great deal of empathy and knows how to resolve issues and setbacks when they arise...
They [Spring Fertility] offer early appointments - as early as 7 AM - so it was not at all disruptive for work. I always saw my MD at appointments and was able to get on the phone to talk to her as I always had many questions...did not have the best experience with the finance department; the communication was not clear, they were not proactive about reaching out to my insurance about coverage, and the personnel I interacted with is not the best at conflict resolution...
How was your experience with Nicole Yoder at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Yoder is easily one of the best doctors I have had. She is professional yet personal. She is very detail-oriented. She also has a great deal of empathy and knows how to resolve issues and setbacks when they arise
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Yoder at Spring Fertility?
Ask questions; ask and ask
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Yoder at Spring Fertility?
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring's staff all have a patient-first mentality. They offer early appointments - as early as 7 AM - so it was not at all disruptive for work. I always saw my MD at appointments and was able to get on the phone to talk to her as I always had many questions. The egg retrieval went really well with caring and efficient staff, with optimal follow-up. The staff explain the risks and benefits of all procedures, and are gracious when performing all their tasks, including phlebotomy. The clinic atmosphere is welcoming, and the little touches (chocolate after procedure, inspiring coffee table books) are refreshing. That said, I did not have the best experience with the finance department; the communication was not clear, they were not proactive about reaching out to my insurance about coverage, and the personnel I interacted with is not the best at conflict resolution. It ended up marring my otherwise wonderful experience at Spring. I would advise anyone going there to ask specifically about significant potential out-of-pocket costs early on, especially around lab work that would be contracted out to an external lab. Note that Spring currently exclusively uses Juno for genetic testing, which does not contract with insurers. I am happy with the outcome of my cycle with Spring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
It was well scheduled, and I could go for appointments when I had the time. Appointments were typically available when I needed them

2022, 13 Eggs Frozen
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr Shastri went through all the possible causes with me, developed a treatment plan accordingly, and the one round I’ve done with her so far got me more frozen eggs than both my previous rounds combined...We did Estrace priming instead of the birth control pill leading up to this round to avoid over-suppressing my ovaries, but I also just felt so much better on it - I do not do well on BCPs. We used Gonal-F & Menopur once a day in similar but slightly lower doses than I’d used in the past, and one thing I thought was interesting was we tapered off the amounts as the cycle progressed
Having a care coordinator [at Spring Fertility] was a HUGE improvement from past experience. This process is very dynamic and things change from day to day, so it was really nice to have just one point person I could call/email with questions instead of talking to someone different every time, especially since she was super organized and always quick to respond....
How was your experience with Shefali Shastri at Spring Fertility?
Such a great experience and I would be thrilled to work with her again. I had two rounds previously with another RE that were successful, but didn’t get nearly the numbers that my AFC indicated. Dr Shastri went through all the possible causes with me, developed a treatment plan accordingly, and the one round I’ve done with her so far got me more frozen eggs than both my previous rounds combined!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shefali Shastri at Spring Fertility?
I don’t think you really need advice, she’s very welcoming of questions and just great to work with
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shefali Shastri at Spring Fertility?
I had consultations with several REs when deciding where to go for round 3, and even on a video call Dr Shastri’s passion for her work and concern for individual patients really comes across!
Describe the protocols Shefali Shastri used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
We did Estrace priming instead of the birth control pill leading up to this round to avoid over-suppressing my ovaries, but I also just felt so much better on it - I do not do well on BCPs. We used Gonal-F & Menopur once a day in similar but slightly lower doses than I’d used in the past, and one thing I thought was interesting was we tapered off the amounts as the cycle progressed. (I’m not a doctor but even I could tell from looking at the ultrasound screen that my follicles grew a lot more uniformly in size this time around.) Then Cetrotide and a Lupron + low-dose HCG trigger. And voila!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
Having a care coordinator was a HUGE improvement from past experience. This process is very dynamic and things change from day to day, so it was really nice to have just one point person I could call/email with questions instead of talking to someone different every time, especially since she was super organized and always quick to respond.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I will probably do one more round of egg freezing at some point and I will definitely come back here for it. I’m not local to NYC, so I was really nervous about flying across the country to stay in a hotel and have a procedure under general anesthesia in a facility I’d never even heard of before I started this whole process 😂 but the experience and the results were TOTALLY worth it.
Shefali Shastri
2022, Successful
She [Dr. Fischer] is a very experienced and talented clinician, who chose a great protocol for me, and was able to grow my cohort of eggs to maturity so cohesively, that every egg was able to be frozen except just one...I had an early follicular phase protocol, which started with a combination of Follistim and low dose Pregnyl...Around day 7, I started Ganirellix as the antagonist, and then used Pregnyl and Lupron for the trigger shots. After each visit, which consisted of an ultrasound to measure the size of the follicles and bloodwork, I received updated medication instructions tailored to me based on how my follicles were responding to the treatment...
I appreciate how Spring is organized, so that it was easy to email or speak with my care team at any time. It was a very high touch experience, and I felt that the treatment was tailored to me and my body, with 6 ultrasound and bloodwork visits over the course of the 2 weeks, with adjusted dosages after each visit and a new visit scheduled to understand how my follicles would respond to the new dosage...
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at Spring Fertility?
My experience with Dr. Fischer was excellent. She is a very experienced and talented clinician, who chose a great protocol for me, and was able to grow my cohort of eggs to maturity so cohesively, that every egg was able to be frozen except just one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Catha Fischer at Spring Fertility?
Ask lots of questions.
Describe the protocols Catha Fischer used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I had an early follicular phase protocol, which started with a combination of Follistim and low dose Pregnyl. There is currently a national shortage of Menopur, so I took a higher dose of Follistim combined with the low dose Pregnyl instead. Around day 7, I started Ganirellix as the antagonist, and then used Pregnyl and Lupron for the trigger shots. After each visit, which consisted of an ultrasound to measure the size of the follicles and bloodwork, I received updated medication instructions tailored to me based on how my follicles were responding to the treatment. The results were excellent, as 94% (all except 1 egg) reach maturity and were able to be frozen. I could see that there is almost an art (and a lot of medical expertise) when it comes to how Dr. Fischer chose to modify the protocol over the course of the 2 weeks, and then chose the right day for the trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dana)
Dana was an excellent and compassionate nurse, as were all the nursing staff I connected with over the course of my treatment. The session with Dana to go over the trigger shot and to understand the retrieval was very helpful.

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Fischer] took a lengthy amount of time to get to know me, my background, and what I want in terms of a family in the future. She supported me as a single parent of choice while just getting out an unsafe relationship....She follows up and explains everything to you with compassion, and offers to be there for you even when I couldn’t financially go forward with the procedure...
Courtney [nurse at Spring Fertility] made sure to check in on me when I paused my appointments (due to financing). She connected me with all of the right team members to have financial and care conversations, got me the letters and things I needed to bring a case to my employer. She was great...The front staff were helpful, and the other physicians introduced themselves to me...
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fischer spent considerable time with me when I had a diagnosis that will make having a family harder. She explained everything in detail, and checked on me via email several times after my visit. I appreciate that she is also doing research that could change the fertility game in the future for all of us.
Learn about your fertility numbers early. Advocate for your company/insurance to cover these early tests.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Catha Fischer at Spring Fertility?
Catha has been the best fertility doctor I have had to date. She took a lengthy amount of time to get to know me, my background, and what I want in terms of a family in the future. She supported me as a single parent of choice while just getting out an unsafe relationship. I have visited several doctors across the country trying to find high quality, low cost care, and she has been the best across the board. She follows up and explains everything to you with compassion, and offers to be there for you even when I couldn’t financially go forward with the procedure.
I did the initial assessment but due to cost, I was unable to move forward yet with the egg freezing I medically need due to low AMH and FSH and follicle counts. She said I will likely need 2-3 cycles performed, but cannot without insurance. She has helped write letters and provide information for me to bring to my employer in my fight for coverage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
Courtney made sure to check in on me when I paused my appointments (due to financing). She connected me with all of the right team members to have financial and care conversations, got me the letters and things I needed to bring a case to my employer. She was great.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: doesn’t feel quite like every other clinic. Has its own look and more feel. People were very welcoming when I came into the office. The front staff were helpful, and the other physicians introduced themselves to me. Weaknesses: the price is above other competitors and the pharmacy contract for financing was forced upon me without even my care plan being set. I did not like that. I provided feedback.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Catha Fischer at Spring Fertility.
$450 initial assessment $8750-9750 egg freezing cycle $7000+ medications $650 Annual egg storage
2022, 20 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Klatsky] was extremely down to earth, realistic about results, and didn’t “push” unnecessary retrieval’s. He set realistic expectations and felt more as a friend than a service provider...He remembered the details of my personal and professional life...Initially an extended protocol was used to elevate my reserves. Although lengthy, it worked and I was able to produce more mature eggs than anticipated. Every cycle thereafter followed a standard 2 week protocol...
The nursing staff [at Spring Fertility] was extremely responsive and attentive. They were also helpful when I was learning how to first self inject. My nurse stayed on the phone with me until completion despite it being a late evening...Warm front desk, welcoming, all women, efficient, and timely. The staff are flexible on scheduling and understanding when I had to reschedule a few times when I was not feeling well. I did not feel bad for RE scheduling an appointment...
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
I was surprised to learn that Dr.Klatsky was the co founder of Spring Fertility. He was extremely down to earth, realistic about results, and didn’t “push” unnecessary retrieval’s. He set realistic expectations and felt more as a friend than a service provider.
Be prepared to enter your treatment full force. Once you’re committed you’re in!
He remembered the details of my personal and professional life
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristen / Nerissa)
The nursing staff was extremely responsive and attentive. They were also helpful when I was learning how to first self inject. My nurse stayed on the phone with me until completion despite it being a late evening.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Warm front desk, welcoming, all women, efficient, and timely. The staff are flexible on scheduling and understanding when I had to reschedule a few times when I was not feeling well. I did not feel bad for RE scheduling an appointment. Weaknesses: Super efficient almost sad the process is over because I enjoyed seeing everyone during my visits
Minimal as I have insurance

2022, 9 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Yoder was professional, caring and thorough...listened to what my goals were and never pressured me to make a decision or proceed with treatment before I was sure. She was upfront about what I could potentially expect, given my age, and what my options were if I wanted to wait longer before freezing my eggs - she was kind and understanding but was also direct and didn't sugar coat anything...
How was your experience with Nicole Yoder at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Yoder was professional, caring and thorough. I was very pleasantly surprised as I have had negative experiences with healthcare providers before. Dr. Yoder listened to what my goals were and never pressured me to make a decision or proceed with treatment before I was sure. She was upfront about what I could potentially expect, given my age, and what my options were if I wanted to wait longer before freezing my eggs - she was kind and understanding but was also direct and didn't sugar coat anything.
Dr. Yoder was kind, patient, explained everything in detail and answered all of my questions (and I had a lot of questions).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
Julia was wonderful. She provided very clear instructions and demonstrated patience and understanding in answering all of my questions. She was very communicative and made sure I had all of the information I needed. It was very comforting to have someone so reliable while I was in the middle of the egg freezing process.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I found Spring Fertility to be very organized, welcoming, compassionate and dedicated to their patients. Even the front desk staff and medical assistants were really friendly and welcoming, which is not always the case in medical settings. It sometimes took a bit longer to get answers to some of the financial questions, but all of my questions (even the financial ones) were always answered and I knew who I could reach out to for more information. Overall, I was very pleasantly surprised with my experience. I wasn't sure what to expect since this was my first round of egg freezing but everyone at the clinic made me feel very comfortable and informed along the way.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Yoder at Spring Fertility.
It was $9,750 for the cycle plus the cost of medications. I was fortunate that my insurance covered the cost of the medications so I only paid around $400 (out of pocket it would have been $4,400). Plus the cost of storage fees which are $960 per year. One of the reasons I chose Spring Fertility is that they offer a payment plan (doesn't include storage fees or medications) so I am able to pay off the cost of the cycle at $245 per month for 40 months.

5 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
3 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Klatsky used a low-dose more natural approach knowing a higher dose treatment strategy would not change my outcome. Though I only had 2 egg retrievals with [him], I think his strategy paid off as the quality of my eggs seemed to have improved over my retrievals from the past. You can tell at every monitoring appointment he thought seriously about how I was progressing and adjusted and customized my protocol accordingly. It made me feel like I was in the best of hands.
It was great that I had 1 nurse to work with the entire time under the care of [Spring Fertility]. I felt like she knew me well, communicated everything with detail and care...Gorgeous, state-of-the-art facility. Compared to my previous clinic, I hardly had any wait time, was always greeted with a smile by Reception and was in and out during monitoring appointments in 15 minutes. Egg retrievals and my transfer was done so seamlessly as well. I always felt comfortable and supported.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
From my 1st consultation to my last appointment when I was 8 weeks pregnant, I always felt supported by Dr. Klatsky. He always thoroughly explained things to me, went through pros and cons if there were any, and just showed he really cared. He's one of the best doctors I have ever met and I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking fertility treatments!
Dr. Klatsky is an excellent doctor. With me, he was always extremely thoughtful, taking into account my unique case and coming up with an action plan while explaining it all to me in detail. You can tell he cares immensely for his patients. He personally called me multiple times to deliver the results of my retrievals and testing which made me feel very connected to him and his practice.
Dr. Klatsky used a low-dose more natural approach knowing a higher dose treatment strategy would not change my outcome. Though I only had 2 egg retrievals with Dr. Klatsky, I think his strategy paid off as the quality of my eggs seemed to have improved over my retrievals from the past. You can tell at every monitoring appointment he thought seriously about how I was progressing and adjusted and customized my protocol accordingly. It made me feel like I was in the best of hands.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristen Napolitano )
It was great that I had 1 nurse to work with the entire time under the care of Spring. I felt like she knew me well, communicated everything with detail and care.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I believe the costs were typical compared to other NY-based clinics but I fortunately had the majority of my costs covered by insurance.
Describe Peter Klatsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
No comments
2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Hancock really listened to me and understood that my previous clinic wasn’t meeting my expectations. She had an alternative plan which is something I didn’t even know was possible at the time. The care with her was like night and day. I felt like a number at my last clinic and I felt like a patient, a human, with Dr. Hancock...Dr. Hancock walked me through a new custom plan and also explained all of the ways they’d change things up for better results. Something else I REALLY appreciated is that Dr. Hancock suggested that during my egg retrieval she’d also do a biopsy...
I felt like this clinic [Spring Fertility] offered more individualized care and more importantly the ability to try more experimental approaches... Spring also treats you like a person. Dr. Hancock took the time to understand my situation and previous cycles...At these “big” clinics you’re really limited to plans that are one size fits all. Dr. Hancock has the flexibility to try new things and really get to know what works for you and what doesn’t...
How was your experience with Kolbe Hancock at Spring Fertility?
I had been attending a different clinic before seeing Dr. Hancock and I had a poor experience, three rounds of IVF, one round completely failed. I was treated like a number and when I asked my old clinic for a new plan they told me just to have faith. Dr. Hancock walked me through a new custom plan and also explained all of the ways they’d change things up for better results. Something else I REALLY appreciated is that Dr. Hancock suggested that during my egg retrieval she’d also do a biopsy (can’t remember if this was for endo or the test to see how long you should wait to transfer). Either way I was super nervous about it because typically they do not provide pain management for this procedure, so I was blown away when this plan was offered. Dr. Hancock also regularly called me to check in and would ask if I had questions. I never felt rushed. At my last “big” clinic I never had that kind of care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kolbe Hancock at Spring Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kolbe Hancock at Spring Fertility?
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring is a great clinic. One of my top concerns going here was that I felt clinics like NYU (my previous clinic) or Cornell, were best of the best because they’re well established and have that brand name. However, that comes with lots of pros and cons. One huge con for me was being just a number. And you’ll get that anywhere you go, but less so at Spring. I felt like this clinic offered more individualized care and more importantly the ability to try more experimental approaches. NYU wouldn’t even suggest I take COq10 because it wasn’t proven through their research to be effective but with Spring, you’re offered SO many different approaches and treatments. For example they’re able to try ways to increase fertilization odds in their labs. With a big clinic you’re really just going to get the standard protocol. Spring also treats you like a person. Dr. Hancock took the time to understand my situation and previous cycles. Overall, I wish I didn’t wait so long to switch clinics. *I do want to note that I ended up having a spontaneous pregnancy right before my 4th round of IVF. Spring was so great in handling the transition. I will absolutely be back for my next pregnancy.

2022, Unknown Success
Doctor Fischer is a brilliant doctor, and I cannot recommend working with her enough. She has this superpower of being able to articulate her vast expertise in a way that is simple and easy to understand which my partner and I very much appreciated. Every appointment I was at, she was also there with a smile and an unbeatable attitude...Dr. Fischer and her team are fabulous, they are all so caring, knowledgeable, patient and accommodating...
Every single visit, we felt more and more grateful to have found Spring. Dr. Fischer and her team are fabulous, they are all so caring, knowledgeable, patient and accommodating. Our entire embryo freezing process from initial consult to retrieval was seamless and our confidence in the team and the plan we established never wavered...Slight hiccup with finance where I was initially charged for egg freezing, not embryo freezing...
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at Spring Fertility?
Come prepared with your questions because she will be more than happy to answer them all!
Follistim and Ganirelix stims. Lupron and Novarel trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Courtney and Julia)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Everything about Spring was fantastic! Stop searching and go to Spring! Seriously, hands-down the best medical practice, I or my partner have ever been to. Every single visit, we felt more and more grateful to have found Spring.
Around $14k for the embryo freezing and $200 per embryo for testing
Describe Catha Fischer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
2022, 10 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Hancock was awesome from beginning to end. She made sure I felt comfortable, helped me make my decisions along the way, and checked in on me multiple times after my egg retrieval. She was generally reassuring and encouraging, and as a result I was confident I was in good hands...Very warm in greetings, and very careful/slow/clear when doing ultrasound exams - she gave clear heads up when she was about to do anything and explained what she saw. She answered my questions with patience.
Very welcoming environment [at Spring Fertility], easy to work with, they looked out for me and made sure I was helped all along the way. They have a variety of resources from nurses to financial consultants that helped me take control of my logistics...My primary nurse was exceptional - we sat together to do my first shots, she demo'd how to use the tools when I was still learning, she called me every day to check on me, and she made my IV on the day of really easy and painless, which was especially big for me because I'm generally scared of needles :) I felt very cared for and a huge part of it was the nursing team.
How was your experience with Kolbe Hancock at Spring Fertility?
Come with all your questions to your first visit or two, since it helps you decide whether / how to proceed.
Very warm in greetings, and very careful/slow/clear when doing ultrasound exams - she gave clear heads up when she was about to do anything and explained what she saw. She answered my questions with patience. She also made sure that for any questions I had that a nurse should support that a member of that team picked me up and spent time 1:1. Lots of communication throughout the process, which I really appreciated.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Very welcoming environment, easy to work with, they looked out for me and made sure I was helped all along the way. They have a variety of resources from nurses to financial consultants that helped me take control of my logistics.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kolbe Hancock at Spring Fertility.
$10,000 for the services, meds were additional/separate
2022, 11 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Hancock is very a very regimented and capable doctor...Dr. Hancock made sure to let me know to contact her through the portal and raise any questions or concerns I ever had...I felt like a human because I used my own patient advocacy, along with humor, to ensure I voiced my concerns. I feel that if the caseload was significantly higher, I may have felt more like a number, because the process of follicle counting can feel very rote after the first few follow ups...
Incredibly comfortable and chic clinic [Spring Fertility] which made the frequent and invasive check-up process more bearable. Very strong and compassionate nursing team, with knowledgeable and kind doctors who are fertility experts. Tight communications within the team, which was evident based on my questions to the team and their knowledge of my case details...Medication package was flat fee. Standard treatment prices...
How was your experience with Kolbe Hancock at Spring Fertility?
I requested to know how many doctors I would be seeing through this process; I'm not sure if this information would have been offered had I not asked. Dr. Hancock made sure to let me know to contact her through the portal and raise any questions or concerns I ever had.
Dr. Hancock is very a very regimented and capable doctor. I felt like a human because I used my own patient advocacy, along with humor, to ensure I voiced my concerns. I feel that if the caseload was significantly higher, I may have felt more like a number, because the process of follicle counting can feel very rote after the first few follow ups.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Incredibly comfortable and chic clinic which made the frequent and invasive check-up process more bearable. Very strong and compassionate nursing team, with knowledgeable and kind doctors who are fertility experts. Tight communications within the team, which was evident based on my questions to the team and their knowledge of my case details.
Medication package was flat fee. Standard treatment prices.

2020 - 2021, Successful
I know I want kids in the future and therefore was contemplating egg freezing. Dr. Fisher never made me feel like he was selling the idea of egg freezing and rather me provided with facts and data...always explained what was happening and provided next steps so I knew what to expect...created a sense of trust and removed much anxiety which is important as a patient.
[Spring Fertility was] Extremely clean and comfortable...[nurse] was very quick to respond, clearly communicated all instructions and would answer (or get answers) to all my questions. Her responsiveness ensured I felt like I could rely on her... the billing team was not as organized or responsive...Right now I am resolving an issue with them where a third party billed me for more than what I was told my maximum bill would be.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher is incredibly knowledgable and patient making him very easy and great to work with. I saw Dr. Fisher about freezing eggs and embryos and from the onset always felt like he shared his knowledge of fertility which allowed me to make educated decisions. I was 32 turning 33 when I first saw Dr. Fisher about egg freezing. I know I want kids in the future and therefore was contemplating egg freezing. Dr. Fisher never made me feel like he was selling the idea of egg freezing and rather me provided with facts and data. It was because of this that I chose to do egg freezing with Dr. Fisher. There are some Drs. who gave me the impression that were selling me the service as it was must do however Dr. Fisher never did that. He kept to facts and when asked his opinion to stuck to facts such as 'typically egg quality is like x during y, and then will be z during a". This made me feel like I wasn't getting sold something but rather had a Dr. who kept to the science which I greatly appreciate. I could also get a sense that he cared for his patients and he always took the time to answer questions. I left our initial consultation feeling like I had a better idea of female fertility and reasons why but did not feel like I had to freeze my eggs at that exact moment. I chose to however for personal reasons of knowing that if I was going to in the future anyway why not now especially having found a Dr. i liked working with. During my egg freezing Dr. Fisher always explained what was happening and provided next steps so I knew what to expect, what was happening and why, and what was to come which created a sense of trust and removed much anxiety which is important as a patient. Dr. Fisher monitored my progress throughout my egg freezing process.
Don't hesitate to ask questions
Walking through the process and the procedure and though data was shared it was provided to give me insight as a patient and to understand the data on egg freezing and embryo freezing. They also walked me through what it is my body is doing throughout the process which felt very human to me and I found it extremely educational. Dr Fisher also walked me through female fertility during your thirties and forties and I felt like a human as he explained what happens to a human body and used this information to help me understand my body and the process. He would separate presenting data to where I am and therefore I felt a lot like a human.
My treatment strategies and protocol was to track my ovulation as I had gone off birth control (my own choice) ahead of egg freezing. Since my amh levels came back normal (higher than average) and my initial consultation showed regular follicle count I was to use gonal f and menopur during the monitoring phase as we began the egg freezing process. Right from the beginning I was told at what time of day to test for ovulation and to immediately call/advise the clinic when I got a positive. Since this was during Covid the clinic also did covid tests ahead of treatment which I greatly appreciated given I was paying for this myself. Once I got a positive they booked me an appointment for a blood draw (I think the day after possibly) and since blood draws were in the morning they could get results by afternoon and provide us with our protocol. I was then given clear instructions both via a calendar, a web portal and a phone call by a nurse of what to do for the next few days. I started off with gonal f and menopur and would go in every 2-3 days for monitoring to begin with. Closer to my retrieval I went in every day and my dosage changed a little which again was communicated via a shared calendar, a web portal, and a phone call. They also did injection trainings ahead of this so I felt as well prepared as i could have been having never injected myself before. On the day of my trigger, because one of hormones was high I did not have to use two medications to trigger but one. The nurse had called me the day before to give me the exact time I was going to trigger and to walk me through exactly which medications to use, how to do the dosage and was very clear on the importance of timing. They recommended getting the injections prepped a little before the actual trigger keeping in mind the need to refrigerate one of the medications. The anesthesiologist also called me the early evening before the retrieval so I knew waht to do in terms of food and drink.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mel )
Mel was my primary nurse and she was very quick to respond, clearly communicated all instructions and would answer (or get answers) to all my questions. Her responsiveness ensured I felt like I could rely on her. She was very clear with instructions and was patient with me as I would repeat them back to her as I this was my first time. The nursing staff at Spring overall were all very friendly and very caring. My care coordinator was also very responsive and also always answered (or found answers to my questions). They were great to work with. During the day of my egg retrieval the nurses (and entire team) were all very caring, patient, and it was comforting to be under their care.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths - definitely felt like state of the art equipment especially during the egg retrieval and also seeing the embryologists work in SF made I was visually able to see the state of the art facilities. Extremely clean and comfortable and I could tell all the nurses and drs were extremely professional while also kind and caring. The extra touches such as the sparkling water and snacks/chocolates was definitely a plus. Though for me what is most important is the knowledge and professional of the team which was a 10/10 and the healthcare equipment which was also a 10/10. Weaknesses - the billing team was not as organized or responsive. Sometimes I had to follow up with the billing team on certain questions and one time I was told I had an outstanding payment when I did not. Right now I am resolving an issue with them where a third party billed me for more than what I was told my maximum bill would be.
Egg freezing I believe was $8750 for my first round and then I think my second round I got a 10% discount. Embryo freezing (I did one round) was approximately $16,000-$17,000 for one round. In addition, each round required medication which cost around $3000-$4000
Oakland - East Bay