Danville
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Mountain View (closed)
2490 Hospital Dr
Mountain View, CA 94040

I never had a HSG which I feel like is odd for someone who was doing IUI. I came to Dr. Harris for my first IUI, which I did during a Letrozole cycle. He was supportive but said I'd have better success with IVF. After the second failed IUI (chemical pregnancy), I begun IVF, so in a way I feel like he was right all along but it took me awhile to get there emotionally/mentally. IVF hasn't been as much of a "sure bet" as he explained it would be but I am maneuvering through the process in hopes of his optimism turning into a baby...said he would only transfer one embryo at my age.
Initially, I was assigned to Nanette [nurse at Spring] who was difficult to reach via e-mail and sometimes I didn't understand her recommendations. Additionally, I had one chemical pregnancy and she didn't provide the level of compassion I expected from a nurse. She rarely replied to my emails in a timely fashion and I recently learned she works from home so I've never met her in person...My cycle coordinator (Michelle) is dealing with 1000 other clients and at times it feels like a factory operation instead of a fertility experience. She has made typos in emails and sent incorrect information so I second guess every email she sends which is unfortunate but she has gotten a little better, so I am thankful for that. Now I am working primarily with Dr. Harris & Nurse (Jill) for my communications.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Isiah Harris used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I have "unexplained infertility", before trying I visited him to get the full work up to ensure my reproductive system was working as expected. However, I never had a HSG which I feel like is odd for someone who was doing IUI. I came to Dr. Harris for my first IUI, which I did during a Letrozole cycle. He was supportive but said I'd have better success with IVF. After the second failed IUI (chemical pregnancy), I begun IVF, so in a way I feel like he was right all along but it took me awhile to get there emotionally/mentally. IVF hasn't been as much of a "sure bet" as he explained it would be but I am maneuvering through the process in hopes of his optimism turning into a baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
I preferred interacting with Dr. Harris directly to discuss my treatment plan. Initially, I was assigned to Nanette who was difficult to reach via e-mail and sometimes I didn't understand her recommendations. Additionally, I had one chemical pregnancy and she didn't provide the level of compassion I expected from a nurse. She rarely replied to my emails in a timely fashion and I recently learned she works from home so I've never met her in person. Upon expressing concern to Spring about my nurse, they changed me to Jill who is FANTASTIC. She has really been an angel in the entire process, addressing all of the gaps I expressed with the previous nurse. However, when Jill is out I do not trust the other nurses to fully execute my care. For example, when Jill was out of the office another nurse scheduled my FET on the wrong day, meaning I missed my window of repetitive and the FET was cancelled which was heart breaking. I am really displeased with this outcome and working with the clinic & Dr. Harris specifically on being made "whole" from this devastating experience which means another FET to be covered by Spring.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility.
100% covered by Progyny insurance after meeting my insurance deductible
Describe Isiah Harris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
I wouldn't mind twins but Dr. Harris said he would only transfer one embryo at my age.
San Francisco

I preferred interacting with Dr. Harris [at Spring Fertility] directly to discuss my treatment plan. Initially, I was assigned to Nanette who was difficult to reach via e-mail and sometimes I didn't understand her recommendations. Additionally, I had one chemical pregnancy and she didn't provide the level of compassion I expected from a nurse.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Harris was relatable and easy to talk to; in the few visits where my husband joined me, he provided a place that was comfortable for a man going through this process. He was very clear on his thoughts on IUI vs. IVF up front but mentally, I wasn't ready to go straight to IVF w/o trying IUI. He respected my decision and supported me. He is very optimistic and always tells me everything "looks great" which is ironic because I feel like I'd be pregnant already if everything was truly "great". As I experienced set backs, one being a lab error (scheduled for the wrong day for my FET), Dr. Harris accepted accountability but was pretty dismissive of my emotional state and just kept saying he has faith I will eventually be a mom despite acknowledging the IVF fatigue I was experiencing. He also provided a "pregnancy guarantee" which never came into fruition under his care so it felt a bit like an empty promise.
Take advantage of the time you have with him and ask a lot of questions. During each treatment I would ask him the questions I had instead of trying to schedule calls thru the clinic. But if I needed to do calls through the clinic, I'd do that. Do not always depend on the nurse being your "middle man". He's a great doctor but I cannot recommend the clinic in good faith. They don't care about their patients in the way you deserve to be cared for.
Dr. Harris was personable and spoke in terms I understood. However when things started getting difficult (failed transfer) he was seemingly less understanding, said that 1/3 embryo doesn't result in a live birth and was overly optimistic which didn't help the pain I was experiencing. Towards the end of treatment it was clear to me that Spring was processing patients like a factory vs. a personalized experience. This became evident when my protocol was impacted due to a clinical error.
I have "unexplained infertility", before trying I visited him to get the full work up to ensure my reproductive system was working as expected. However, I never had a HSG which I feel like is odd for someone who was doing IUI. I came to Dr. Harris for my first IUI, which I did during a Letrozole cycle. He was supportive but said I'd have better success with IVF. After the second failed IUI (chemical pregnancy), I begun IVF, so in a way I feel like he was right all along but it took me awhile to get there emotionally/mentally. IVF hasn't been as much of a "sure bet" as he explained it would be.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring clinic is conveniently located in Redwood City, San Francisco and Oakland. Their clinics are state of the art and have a clean aesthetic with coordinating decor which is welcoming. They are very timely with their appointments. However, Spring does not take time to understand underlying fertility issues and the items they miss could be the reason you aren't conceiving. I can't trust them whole heatedly and they do not treat you like person with the several hoops you need to jump through to talk to the doctors.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
Spring is a Fertility Factory, sometimes they get it right and thats sheer luck but mostly they don't.
100% covered by Progyny insurance after meeting my insurance deductible
Redwood City

Dr. Tran is an intelligent, competent doctor, but there's a lack of emotional IQ to balance his intellectual IQ. ... I found Dr. Tran to be very conservative in his approach vs. other docs, which may be due to his background at UCSF (teaching hospital). He will not perform an ERA, or other new procedures, unless they have tons of data back them up. He won't order blood-tests or recommend aggressive treatments unless absolutely necessary.
pring is busy....really busy. They need more docs for the amount of patients they take on. It's easy to get lost in the cracks here...and there are a lot of cracks. What I love the most about Spring is the lab facility. It's a reason in itself to come here for treatment. I just wish their doctors, and care team were also part of that reason too! ... Unfilled medications, procedures rescheduled last minute, billing issues, lack of communication, etc. You have to stay on top of your care team, medications and billing - just be prepared!
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran is an intelligent, competent doctor, but there's a lack of emotional IQ to balance his intellectual IQ. Infertility is an emotional journey, and we look to our doctors for support. Many times during my care I felt like he didn't have enough capacity for me, and he was taking on too many patients. In the worst of times, I felt abandoned by him as my doctor. He is present at appointments, but his time is rushed. Appointments have become difficult to schedule due to his split time between Redwood City and SF offices, and I have even had major procedures rescheduled last minute to accommodate his busy schedule.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Get to know your nurse, because Dr. Tran will not be available to you beyond your appointments. Be direct in your questions. Don't let yourself get rushed, or brushed off - speak up for yourself. You may need to ask questions multiple times to get the answer you need. Find a good therapist to help with the emotional stuff - you will need it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran is smart, but we've been disappointed in his bedside care. As long as appointments and/or procedures go as planned, he is a fine, friendly doc. But when things get complicated (as they often do with IVF), he seems to lack patience, and is reluctant to verbalize his reasoning for making treatment decisions. We had a heart wrenching complication during our cycle, and Dr. Tran never went out of his way to check in on us. The only time we ever heard from him was during scheduled appointments, which were always rushed. If that's not being treated like a number, I don't know what is.
Describe the protocols Nam Tran used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I found Dr. Tran to be very conservative in his approach vs. other docs, which may be due to his background at UCSF (teaching hospital). He will not perform an ERA, or other new procedures, unless they have tons of data back them up. He won't order blood-tests or recommend aggressive treatments unless absolutely necessary. He isn't super proactive - which may be partially due to his lack of time. If you're looking for a doc that will be extremely thorough, and give you all the bells and whistles, he many not be the doc for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel)
We never met our nurse and care coordinator in person, so it always felt detached, but overall kept decent rapport. Unfortunately we had several missteps with medications, treatment calendar information, etc. which caused some lost trust. Since the doctors are inaccessible beyond appointment hours, questions around treatment, etc. had to go through the nurse, which can get frustrating. Nursing staff at the clinic seems inexperienced overall, but there are some great gems if you can find them/get their time.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring is busy....really busy. They need more docs for the amount of patients they take on. It's easy to get lost in the cracks here...and there are a lot of cracks. What I love the most about Spring is the lab facility. It's a reason in itself to come here for treatment. I just wish their doctors, and care team were also part of that reason too!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at Spring Fertility.
We had some insurance coverage, but about $46-50k for retrieval, $6k for transfer, $800 for meds
Describe Nam Tran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
I wasn't given an option - single embryo transfers only
San Francisco

The first IUI he wasn't available so his collegue performed the IUI, which he was nice, reassuring and careful. I am hoping to see Dr Tran on the next IUI... was very nice on the first visit. It went thoroughly with us on the treatment possibilities and we felt comfortable in proceeding with IUI treatments. He advised us for me to check the Fallopian tubes to check that was not a reason for infertility and also did an ultrasound to check that my uterus was well. The next time I saw him was during the Fallopian test, he was very kind and give me comfort knowing how uncomfortable and painful the test could be.
I had to point out to the clinic coordinator [at Spring Fertility] how I was not feeling care by the nurse I was assigned as she didn't do any follow ups after contacting her couple of times due to my lack of period for 2 months after the first IUI. I asked to get another nurse assigned that could match our needs but they reassured us that in the future she will be more attentive. Dr Tran's Dr assistant , which performs the baseline and follow up ultrasounds was always very nice and attentive.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr Tran was very nice on the first visit. It went thoroughly with us on the treatment possibilities and we felt comfortable in proceeding with IUI treatments. He advised us for me to check the Fallopian tubes to check that was not a reason for infertility and also did an ultrasound to check that my uterus was well. The next time I saw him was during the Fallopian test, he was very kind and give me comfort knowing how uncomfortable and painful the test could be. The first IUI he wasn't available so his collegue performed the IUI, which he was nice, reassuring and careful. I am hoping to see Dr Tran on the next IUI.
Dr Tran was knowledgeable and honest on what to expect from the treatments and very nice to start with. However, if things go wrong as it happens to us, it seems like they have more patients than doctors in the clinic, so their follow up protocols lack in attention, so you have to make sure to follow up when you feel you need answers. Be prepared for the journey to be emotionally draining and don't expect emotional support from Spring.
After our first IUI I didn't get my period for 2 months. I contacted the nurse that was assigned to me from Dr Tran's team at the time to let her know from the beginning that there was something wrong, but there was never a follow up from the nurse or doctor even afterwards after the IUI. After 2 months of us following up and asking what was wrong with us, we had to suggest for them to do test as I was very regular in my periods before the IUI. Then I had to let them know how disappointed and frustrated we were as as went to that clinic specifically as they advertise how they treat patients like human and we felt over the 2 month period. No follow up from Dr Tran or his team was done and we didn't hear from them unless we contacted them. They apologized and promised to be put more attention and follow closely our progress, that is why we decided to carry on with them.
IUI with Clomid. He decided to do IUI vs IVF as he thought it was a good point to start based on our history and the results from the blood and sperm test they run. The IUI was negative and I had a cyst , they told me that Clomid could produce cysts. I also didn't get my period for 2 months. I am in the middle of my 2nd IUI with Letrozole , which I suggested myself as to use something different from Clomid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
I had to point out to the clinic coordinator how I was not feeling care by the nurse I was assigned as she didn't do any follow ups after contacting her couple of times due to my lack of period for 2 months after the first IUI. I asked to get another nurse assigned that could match our needs but they reassured us that in the future she will be more attentive. Dr Tran's Dr assistant , which performs the baseline and follow up ultrasounds was always very nice and attentive.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: modern and very nice and clean facility . No waiting time they call you in very soon after arrival. Weakness: you have to deal with many people so it gets confusing. You only see Dr Tran on the initial visit and then the rest is managed by coordinators, nurses and doctor assistans so if you are a person that like personal treatment this may not be the best place.
Initial Consultation $560 Blood test /Sperm $100 (with Insurance) Genetic test $1000 IUI $600/IUI Ultrasound $400/ ultrasound
San Francisco

In order to meet with Dr. Tran, we had to pay $200. He provided us with a 15 minute overview of the IUI process and said that we would be a good candidate for natural IUI. ... After our initial consultation, we never saw him again, nor heard from him in anyway. You are simply a number to Dr. Tran ... He is not warm, or compassionate and does not have any involvement in your treatment plan. It is all handled by Ursula, the RN.
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is very nice and new. They have snacks and water, and are always on time. The weaknesses are the level of doctors care and their desire to help patients, and not just make money. The waiting room often smells like smoke. ... Ursula is a good nurse, but she is just as much of a machine as Dr. Tran. She is always on time, but wants to get patients in and out as fast as possible. She doesn't provide you with any analysis of the results. She simply hands you a piece of paper, and expects you to understand them.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I had one of the worst experiences ever at Spring. The only time that I ever saw Dr. Tran was during my initial consultation which he only spent 15 minutes with my husband and me. You are simply a number to Dr. Tran, and he does not customize your plan or treatment in anyway. It is all handled by the nurse, Ursula. None of my ultrasounds or IUI's were performed by Dr. Tran, nor did he ever provide me with any information on any of the results from our previous unsuccessful rounds of IUI. Dr Tran is not compassionate, warm, and thoughtful in his practice of medicine. In addition, my sister in law was identified with stage 4 endometriosis which was not identified or communicated to her in the year that she was under the care of Dr. Tran. Due to our unsatisfactory experience, we have switched from Dr. Tran's care and have received much better, personalized care with new doctors.
Ask how involved he is with his patients and what his level of care of will be for your particular plan.
In order to meet with Dr. Tran, we had to pay $200. He provided us with a 15 minute overview of the IUI process and said that we would be a good candidate for natural IUI. He was concerned about having multiples, so he recommenced natural IUI as I had been pregnant two the times naturally. After our initial consultation, we never saw him again, nor heard from him in anyway. You are simply a number to Dr. Tran, and he is trying to get as many people through the door. He is not warm, or compassionate and does not have any involvement in your treatment plan. It is all handled by Ursula, the RN.
2 rounds of natural IUI as I had 2 successful pregnancies, 1 round of medicated IUI with Clomid. When I went to see my new doctor, she said that my lining was too thin on Clomid and that it would not have likely resulted in a positive pregnancy. Since he was not involved in my care and never reviewed my results, he was not able to make informed decisions and would have recommended another round of Clomid had I not switched doctors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ursula)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is very nice and new. They have snacks and water, and are always on time. The weaknesses are the level of doctors care and their desire to help patients, and not just make money. The waiting room often smells like smoke.
$850 for each round of natural IUI, $1500 for each round of medicated IUI

2018, Consult
Upon meeting Dr.Klatsky, he did not ask us why we were there or what we were looking for. He immediately launched into a pitch about IUI and IVF. I told him that we needed to back track the conversation because we were there for fertility assessments, understanding if our bodies had any issues, and weren’t yet ready for IUI/IVF. He got pretty defensive, which tanked the remainder of the discussion. We got a little bit of information from him, but not nearly the amount we would have gotten if he had met us where we wanted information instead of trying to shove us into the IVF/IUI sales pitch box.
I had to constantly be on top of my nurses and coordinators [at Spring Fertility], especially to share results with me when they came from an outside lab (and therefore didn’t auto-update the Portal), to take my questions to the doctor and get back to me with answers, and to ultimately send my records to my new clinic...The Spring portal system is clunky and difficult to navigate. Staff needs to be contacted multiple times for follow through, no matter if it is a question about medication, scheduling, or trying to transfer my records to another clinic. I am constantly sending them reminder emails.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky was there to sell us IUI/IVF. We had to push him to get off that track and discuss our bodies, where we are physically, and where we are on this journey (at the time, we weren’t ready for IUI/IVF). When I redirected the conversation, I accidentally referred to embryos as babies, prompting a long, condescending lecture on how embryos are a distinct protected class. As a patient, it is not my job to get all of the terms right. I do not have an MD. I should not be spoken to that way when I slip up on fertility vocab. It is my job to get what I need out of an appointment and with Dr. Klatsky, that was a struggle. He didn’t connect to what we wanted, he was focused from the get go on selling us IUI/IVF, and he became defensive and condescending when we tried to direct the conversation to where we needed it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Before he has a chance to speak, tell him your expectations for the appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
We did not pursue treatment with Klatsky after the initial meeting. I could not trust him as a partner on our fertility journey.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The Spring portal system is clunky and difficult to navigate. Staff needs to be contacted multiple times for follow through, no matter if it is a question about medication, scheduling, or trying to transfer my records to another clinic. I am constantly sending them reminder emails. I tried to work with two doctors at Spring and felt like I was being shoved onto their IVF conveyor belt by both. My input was outright dismissed by both doctors, a big no-no in a process that has to be collaborative. Both doctor experiences were an IVF/IUI sales pitch. (For context, I am seeing a new doctor now who doesn’t see IVF as a first or even second choice for me).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility.
I don’t remember much because it was covered by insurance. But the genetic testing was pricey. $250-$450 after insurance.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
I had to constantly be on top of my nurses and coordinators, especially to share results with me when they came from an outside lab (and therefore didn’t auto-update the Portal), to take my questions to the doctor and get back to me with answers, and to ultimately send my records to my new clinic.
Peter Klatsky

2018, Consult
Getting the doctors to perform tests or think about diagnostics beyond IVF is darn near impossible [at Spring Fertility]. And getting results from any tests, answers to any questions, or follow up on paperwork transfers required me to pester and bother the staff far more than I should have had to...Spring is stylish and clean, but communication is difficult at best, and the doctors are hyper focused on getting the patient into IVF as opposed to creating a unique plan that includes patient input.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran was dismissive to my input and did not seem to care about what was happening with my body or why. He just wanted to override everything with IVF. He was difficult to speak with and we had to push and push to get his mind briefly off of the IVF conveyor belt to discuss our bodies. Even then, his evaluation was sub-par compared to the individualized assessment I later received at UCSF.
Be ready to fight for him to listen to you. Remember that the city is full of excellent fertility doctors so you don’t have to stay if you don’t like him.
I felt like a number because Dr. Tran just wanted to push me into IVF and did not want to consider other options. We had to twist his arm to consider anything else. When I tried to get his to pay attention to my short luteal phase, he dismissed it and blew me off. Turns out, that was the most important clue to my infertility, according to my current doctor at another clinic. At Spring, they just wanted to get me on the IVF conveyor belt instead of figuring out what was actually happening with my body.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kaitlyn and Yvette)
I had to pester and beg the coordinator and nurse to get me my results and follow up on my questions. Nothing is simple at Spring, especially basic communication with the care team.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
Getting the doctors to perform tests or think about diagnostics beyond IVF is darn near impossible. And getting results from any tests, answers to any questions, or follow up on paperwork transfers required me to pester and bother the staff far more than I should have had to.

2021, Consult
Dr. Tran does not have a good bedside manner. He was entirely agitated, annoyed, and distant during our appointments. He couldn't answer our questions, or wouldn't provide a clear answer. He was really unprofessional - cussing, overly blunt, and cut me off mid-sentence several times. He also went on weird random rants that didn't really have to do with my care...I would not feel safe having him as my doctor - his language, tone, and attitude were all unpleasant...
My experience there [Spring Fertility] was very intense, and insensitive. I would suggest seeing another doctor besides Dr. Tran. I really regret waiting to see him specifically. I hope that the next patient will have better luck than I did...Consultation $450...Dr. Tran does not have a good bedside manner. He was entirely agitated, annoyed, and distant during our appointments. He couldn't answer our questions, or wouldn't provide a clear answer. He was really unprofessional - cussing, overly blunt, and cut me off mid-sentence several times.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Because of his behavior, I would not recommend anyone to see Dr. Tran. He is easily annoyed and agitated. I would not feel safe having him as my doctor - his language, tone, and attitude were all unpleasant. He is very detached, judgemental, and a bully.
If you plan on seeing him, stand up for yourself, do not let him push you around. He will try to make you feel less than human.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
My experience there was very intense, and insensitive. I would suggest seeing another doctor besides Dr. Tran. I really regret waiting to see him specifically. I hope that the next patient will have better luck than I did.
Consultation $450
2017, Unknown Success
On my first visit, I mentioned that endometriosis had been found inside me during a surgery I'd previously had. Dr. Tran dismissed this, saying I probably didn't have endometriosis. I quickly lost trust in his abilities, given he'd only seen me once and had no reason to make such statements...Dr. Tran is very straightforward and not warm at all.
The clinic [Spring Fertility] ran an insurance coverage check prior to our first visit and we were told "everything will be covered completely by your insurance." We came in for sperm testing and were charged $250 but not told beforehand this was not covered by our insurance...Strengths: Beautiful clinic and technologically advanced...$250 for sperm testing
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran is very straightforward and not warm at all.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Beautiful clinic and technologically advanced Weaknesses: Just didn't click with Dr. Tran so I switched clinics. However, another friend of mine really liked that Dr. Tran was not warm.
$250 for sperm testing
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
The clinic ran an insurance coverage check prior to our first visit and we were told "everything will be covered completely by your insurance." We came in for sperm testing and were charged $250 but not told beforehand this was not covered by our insurance.

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Pasternak completed my embryo transfer. I had a PGS tested, day 5, 5AA Embryo, the best embryo one can have...She spent over 30 minutes trying to find my uterus and was unable to do so. She ended up causing me so much pain throughout this 30 minute process...I felt like a number rather than a human because she continued to just try, allowing blood to enter my uterus, leading to a chemical pregnancy. At no time did she let me know that there was another option here - which
The night before egg retrieval, one has to inject a drug. The instructions given to me [by Spring Fertility] were incorrect. I only knew this because I have had egg retrievals prior to this. When I called the doctor on staff that night and left a message, I did not receive a call back. However, the injectable must be timed perfectly, so a callback was necessary. I followed up - she gave me other instructions- which I then told her I thought were not accurate. At that point, she apologized and told me she had me confused with another patient. She then said she'd have to check with the nurse on the instructions to my injectable. All in all, everything went okay, because (1) I've had experience with egg retrievals before (2) I'm great at advocating for myself. However, what about the women who are doing this for the first time and do not feel comfortable speaking up to a doctor? I'm writing this review for those women!
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
I saw Dr. Pasternak about 3 times while I was at Spring. 2 times for appointments to monitor my IVF cycle (where she just measured my lining an counted number of eggs). She performed those competently. However, her weakness was, as I've stated in the embryo transfer. Dr. Pasternak has not been practicing for many years, and I suspect that her ego was committed to finishing the embryo transfer at all costs, rather than thinking about me as a patient or my future child. If she had, she would have stopped when she was having difficulty after 5 minutes (not 30/while/ I was in massive pain), obtained her supervisor, and explained that she had spent 30 minutes in my uterus, so that implantation would have been impossible. She would have explained that implantation was impossible and that I had the option to refreeze my embryo, and try again. She did none of those things. She simply continued to cause blood to enter my uterus, causing me to lose a 5AA embryo at age 43.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
think Dr. Pasternak is fine for basic monitoring of lining and counting of eggs for IVF, becuase she doesn't make any decisions there. She just reports the information to the supervisor/doctor you have hired and they instruct on next steps. However, I would not let her touch you for an egg retrieval, an IUI, or an embryo transfer. From my experience, she can't take responsibility when she makes errors. To err is human, but to continue to err and jeapordize a patient once a Doctor realizes harm is antithetical to the Hippocrates oath of "Do no harm."
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak completed my embryo transfer. I had a PGS tested, day 5, 5AA Embryo, the best embryo one can have She spent over 30 minutes trying to find my uterus and was unable to do so. She ended up causing me so much pain throughout this 30 minute process, and I later found out from medical experts after the fact that her insertion of the catheter into my uterus would have caused implantation to be impossible. I felt like a number rather than a human because she continued to just try, allowing blood to enter my uterus, leading to a chemical pregnancy. At no time did she let me know that there was another option here - which I found out later - to just freeze my embryo and schedule another appointment, given that implantation failure was a definite due to her errors. I ended up having a chemical pregnancy and losing the best embryo I have ever received. At age 43, I don't have many other chances. Dr. Pasternak put her need to insert the embryo over preserving my embryo. She made me feel like just a number on her list of embryos to implant and put herself first before my future child.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Irina)
Irina was a wonderful nurse. Totally organized, compassionate, could not ask for a better nurse.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Dr. Minjarez is an excellent doctor who oversaw my IVF protocol and got me an amazing result. She is able to think outside of the box, and really tailor treatment to the particular patient. Weaknesses: In my opinion (and I emphasize this is my opinion and not fact), Spring is growing at a remarkably fast rate. Many IVF clinics are receiving Private Equity funding, and are becoming more profit driven. They are hiring many new doctors, and many of those doctors are the ones assigned the embryo transfers, retrievals, etc. However, based on my experience with Dr. Pasternak, she was not trained well. And particularly not trained well for what to do when there is difficulty. Difficulty is expected in the medical field and doctors need to have a game plan for that. Another weakness is that after my exprience, I asked to speak to Dr. Pasternak, and was sent a quick email telling me not to worry rather than get on the phone with me after this traumatic incident. Lastly, I found this clinic to be too lax with Covid restrictions. I had to tell two of the doctors that their masks were falling off and their noses were not covered. This was in the middle of the height of the pandemic. Additionally, I had three incidences of people in the waiting room not wearing masks and the receptionist in charge was not enforcing the mask policy.
Describe Monica Pasternak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
1 as I had a PGT tested embryo of the highest possible quality
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
The night before egg retrieval, one has to inject a drug. The instructions given to me were incorrect. I only knew this because I have had egg retrievals prior to this. When I called the doctor on staff that night and left a message, I did not receive a call back. However, the injectable must be timed perfectly, so a callback was necessary. I followed up - she gave me other instructions- which I then told her I thought were not accurate. At that point, she apologized and told me she had me confused with another patient. She then said she'd have to check with the nurse on the instructions to my injectable. All in all, everything went okay, because (1) I've had experience with egg retrievals before (2) I'm great at advocating for myself. However, what about the women who are doing this for the first time and do not feel comfortable speaking up to a doctor? I'm writing this review for those women!
Monica Pasternak

2020, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Isiah Harris] is friendly, but very busy...I felt is a default protocol to everyone. Even sent medication by nurse per email without any explanation why should I take the pills. During the ultrasound never said anything I need ask all the time about the sizes and is the medicine was working well...He just does single embryo transfer
She [nurse at Spring Fertility] is friendly but not easy to reach out...They asked to take some pills before the IVF and never explain why and for what propose...The clinic seems always full, and the doctors very busy. You just see the doctor on the ultrasound time, and it less them 5 minutes. Is not possible reach out the doctors just hardly the nurses. And in my opinion they have a default protocol to everyone.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
He is friendly but don't explain why the protocol, and I felt is a default protocol to everyone. Even sent medication by nurse per email without any explanation why should I take the pills. During the ultrasound never said anything I need ask all the time about the sizes and is the medicine was working well.
He is friendly, but very busy
He is very friendly, but not easy to reach out by phone or email
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette)
She is friendly but not easy to reach out
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
He just does single embryo transfer