Danville
Mountain View (closed)
2490 Hospital Dr
Mountain View, CA 94040

Treated 2018 - 2020
My experience with Dr. Klatsky in 2018 for the egg retrieval was flawless. He kept me updated and educated on why he was doing particular procedures or prescribing medications and was very empathetic to all of the side effects throughout the process. When I came back in for the embryo transfer in 2020, I felt more disconnected. He relies heavily on his IVF nurse lead (who was great) to keep track of medications and cycle stages. There was one appointment i particular that he wasn't aware of what medications I was currently taking and he made recommendations to change medication and move up the cycle. I then received an email from his nurse later that day stating to not make the changes the Dr. had recommended, because he was not aware of exactly what meds I was on and to keep things as originally scheduled. Dr. Klatsky did follow up after our failed embryo transfer, answered all of our questions and was very empathetic and apologetic about the miscommunication that had occured throughout the FET cycle. He discussed in depth the plan for our next FET and why we would take that approach and it has been scheduled to happen within the next two months.
Overall Spring is a good clinic. ... The billing department is very responsive, but it took many emails and hours over the phone with them to get the proper paperwork to try and submit to my out of network insurance. My Dr. was changed the day of my transfer to Dr. Tran (whom I have never met or interacted with) and I was not informed until he came into the room to do the transfer and introduced himself. This was very off putting to me and added a lot of stress on a day when you do not want your stress levels to be high. The clinic was very apologetic about it and I trust that they will have better communication with me for our next FET.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
The advice that I would give to a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky is to make sure you ask a lot of questions and don't hesitate to request for a follow up phone call if more information is needed or questions need to be answered after an appointment or consultation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
The first time I came into the clinic in 2018 I felt like I was treated like a human and not just a number. My Dr. and all of the nurses knew me by name and by the end of my egg retrieval the started to feel like family. When I came back in Feb 2020 to start the embryo transfer process, my experience was a bit different. It seemed like the waiting room was more crowded, procedure dates and times were changed 2-3 times due to scheduling issues (not due to my cycle) and there was some miscommunication happening. Thankfully, the missteps that were made were quickly corrected along the way and did not affect my treatment protocol.
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
My husband and I had been trying for over a year to get pregnant before we came into the clinic. Dr. Klatsky preformed a saline sonogram, and HSG, an ultrasound and ordered blood work for both my husband and I. He then diagnosed me with Unexplained Infertility saying that all of the tests came out clear. He also took into account the results of my husbands sperm sample that we had previously had done. He recommended IVF, stating that IUI has less chances of working to get us pregnant. We went with his recommendation and started IVF asap. We did a retrieval under his care and did pgs testing at his recommendation to prevent miscarriage or failed FETs. We then did a medicated FET that was not successful. Dr. Klatsky recommended a medicated FET (with intramuscular progesterone shots and estrogen patches), because during the retrieval he stated that my lining was pretty thin and that the medicated protocol would rule out the lining being a factor. Dr. Klatsky, as well as my husband and I were all pretty surprised when the first round didn't work, since everything went well, lining looked good and the embryo was a "perfect" 5AA. After following up after the transfer, Dr. Klatsky has changed his approach for our next FET to a natural transfer, as I reminded him of my history of pelvic tension issues, interstitial cystitis and spotting. He wants to make sure that endometriosis isn't a factor, although I don't have many of the symptoms and he has done the majority of non- invasive tests to rule it out. Just in case I do have it he does not want to give me estrogen for the next cycle, which causes endo to flare. It will be a risk because there is a chance my lining may not be thick enough on transfer day, but he thinks it is best to try something different than last time to rule out endometriosis or any other factors that may be preventing us from getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel Maley)
Laurel Maley is our nurse coordinator. She is a great communicator, responded promptly, is compassionate and always in the know of what medications I am taking and was stage of my cycle I was in. She was great and one of the best parts of my experience at Spring.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Overall Spring is a good clinic. From the waiting room to the Dr.'s offices it is very clean and welcoming. The nurses and staff are all very nice and greet you with a warm smile every time you are in the office. It seems like their client load has increased since we first came for our IVF retrieval in 2018, which I think was the cause to procedures times being altered multiple times and long waits for appointments. The billing department is very responsive, but it took many emails and hours over the phone with them to get the proper paperwork to try and submit to my out of network insurance. My Dr. was changed the day of my transfer to Dr. Tran (whom I have never met or interacted with) and I was not informed until he came into the room to do the transfer and introduced himself. This was very off putting to me and added a lot of stress on a day when you do not want your stress levels to be high. The clinic was very apologetic about it and I trust that they will have better communication with me for our next FET.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility.
I believe the IVF retrieval was around 12,000-15,000. The FET with consultation, tests, monitoring and transfer was 5,100.
Describe Peter Klatsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr. Klatsky recommended against putting in multiple embryos at my age (33) and with my diagnosis (unexplained infertility) as it could cause a high risk pregnancy (multiples). I don't even think the clinic allows people to ask for multiple transfers at my age or with my diagnosis, but I am sure there are certain exceptions that they may do so. We allowed the clinic to pick the best out of our 3 pgs tested embryos and asked for the gender to be confidential and not shared with us.
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
My tansfer procedure was rescheduled to 3 different times the day leading up to it, one of the times being only an hour and a half before the procedure was originally scheduled for. Dr. Tran did my transfer the day of and I was not informed that it would not be my primary doctor Dr. Klatsky until Dr. Tran walked in to do the procedure and introduced himself. The changing of appointment multiple times and not knowing that the Dr. for my transfer had changed until the moment of my transfer added a lot of stress to an already stressful process. It was apologized for by the nurse and Dr., but was definitely very upsetting and frustrating.
Peter Klatsky
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr.Minjarez always communicates clearly and directly. She would send me current research on my condition and explain why she recommended particular tests....My one complaint is that because she is so direct, it sometimes feels like she is not the most empathetic with my feelings/journey. With that being said, my partner loves that she is very direct. I also had some issues with seeing different doctors (she is based in Oakland and I live in SF so elected to see some of the Drs in the SF office for routine sonograms). Due to some communication issues, I elected not to do that for this most recent transfer cycle and have been happy with Dr.Minjarez being my only provider.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Dr.Minjarez always communicates clearly and directly. She would send me current research on my condition and explain why she recommended particular tests. My case has been complicated, due to multiple miscarriages and a few set backs along the way. She has handled everything in stride and is confident in her decisions when it has been necessary to change the course of treatment. My one complaint is that because she is so direct, it sometimes feels like she is not the most empathetic with my feelings/journey. With that being said, my partner loves that she is very direct. I also had some issues with seeing different doctors (she is based in Oakland and I live in SF so elected to see some of the Drs in the SF office for routine sonograms). Due to some communication issues, I elected not to do that for this most recent transfer cycle and have been happy with Dr.Minjarez being my only provider.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
She is brilliant and knows about all of the recent research. She is very direct and will not tell you something that she does not fully mean/believe. Because she is so direct, if you want someone who is more empathetic, it might not be the best fit.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Dr.Minjarez has taken the time to call me after hours to talk about next steps. For example, after I had an early loss with my first transfer, she called me to talk about what we could do to move forward. She also took time to get to know me and my partner.
Describe the protocols Debra Minjarez used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
For my most recent FET, I did 2.5 months of Lupron following a diagnosis of diffused adenomyosis. I then did a controlled cycle using estrogen patches and progesterone in oil injections. After my first transfer ended in an early loss, she had me tested for endometritis using a CD138 stain. (It was negative)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Flo)
The nursing staff at Spring has been so helpful and caring. My care coordinator is responsive to my questions via call and email. I have also had a great experience anytime I have had to call in on the weekend for urgent requests (one time I was traveling and did not have the right medications and they immediately helped me find a local pharmacy that had the medication I needed).
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring is very clean and has state of the art equipment. There are 4 full time doctors, which is on the smaller side compared to some other clinics we considered. My complaint is that it seems like the doctors do not have the best communication procedures in place. I had a cancelled FET cycle and had seen 2 separate doctors and a nurse practitioner and it did not seem like there was clear communication. Once I decided to only go to Oakland to see my Dr. this was not an issue, but something to consider if you are planning on seeing doctors at a different location than your primary Dr.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
There was a window of time for monitoring appointments but I never had to wait for more than 10 mins and they were almost always right on time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility.
I think Egg Retrieval and PGS testing was around $25,000. Each FET has been between $3000-5500
Describe Debra Minjarez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
We were not given the option for multiple embryo transfer. I am not sure if this is standard procedure for my clinic or if it is because of my uterine issues.
Debra Minjarez
San Francisco

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility.

Treated 2017 - 2019
If a doctor with a really good bedside manner is important to you, chose one of the other doctors at this clinic. Dr. Tran can be a little "cold", but that was not something that bothered me...I trusted that he was well educated and believe that he made decision in our treatment that he thought would result in the best outcome. I felt that he set our expectations for success once we moved on to IVF too high. Sometimes I would have to push him to make changes to my course of treatment after multiple failures because he did not believe changes were needed. I'm not a fan doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.
Appointments were almost always on time [at Spring Fertility] which made me feel like they valued my time. Nursing staff and front desk staff were very nice. Billing staff communication was hit-or-miss...Most of the nursing staff seemed to really care about the outcome of my treatment and showed a lot of empathy when things didn't work out. The front desk staff always greeted me by name...There were two miscommunications in the first 6 months of treatment that had me questioning whether I should continue treatment at this clinic, but after that everything was good. On our first IUI cycle, no one told us that my husband needed certain bloodwork before the IUI and they ended up having to push my IUI back a few days to give time to get his results back. There was another time when I was supposed to take a medication that noone told me about. I received a text reminder to take the medicine and that is how I found out about it and had to ask for a prescription. After we moved on to IVF, the communication was great and we didn't have any problems. The staff were always very responsive to questions over phone and email.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Appointments were almost always on time which made me feel like they valued my time. Nursing staff and front desk staff were very nice. Billing staff communication was hit-or-miss. I was told by my Gyn that this clinic was the best choice if you are looking for the most cutting edge fertility treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at Spring Fertility.
IUI cycle - $1,500 plus cost of meds IVF retrieval + PGS - $17,500 plus cost of meds Frozene Embryo Transfer - $4,500 plus cost of meds
Describe Nam Tran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr. Tran was very adamant about not transferring more than one embryo.
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
Issues were described under the nursing staff section
Nam Tran
San Francisco

Be prepared with a list of questions to get the most out of your visits with Dr. Tran. We had most of our monitoring visits with him personally, but they're routine in nature and quick,...the whole reason we did IVF was the genetic test at D5/6 so we can minimize the risk miscarriage. The mid-luteal protocol didn't allow for a Day 3 transfer...He is strong with the numbers and the science behind this, which was important to my spouse particularly, but also showed great understanding and willingness to listen and consider not only new information but our desires about the ivf cycle we were undergoing as well as next steps. His team of nurses was phenomenal - accessible, understanding and compassionate.
team of nurses [at Spring Fertility] was phenomenal - accessible, understanding and compassionate...Dealing with the billing department at Spring was the most stressful and painful experience, an unwelcome one too given how taxing the IVF process already is. Inquires required multiple follow-ups before Spring would respond (sometimes 2-3 weeks later)...This is a boutique practice. The clinic was conveniently located for us, and they have other locations in the Bay Area. They seem to be growing and adding new doctors, but I never felt that I have to wait to get an appointment or even wait during an appointment for more than 5 minutes. They'd get me out on time as well, so there was minimal interruption to my work day. The online portal is good, but most importantly they respond and follow-up promptly.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
What I mostly appreciated about Dr. Tran was his willingness to listen and adjust the treatment as new information came in and we wanted a change in direction. I think there's a lot of ego in this field and his flexibility was refreshing. He is very keep on the mid-luteal protocol. At the beginning he was reluctant to share what approach he'd take, stating that he doesn't care what the protocol is called, but whether it is appropriate for us, but ultimately took the approach he seems to be known for. We experienced a setback with unusually high drop in embryos in the lab (b/n D3 and D5/6). He was upfront about how unexpected that result was and presented a solution, without throwing the stats based on my age in my face, which I appreciated. Ultimately, we didn't get to an embryo transfer with him. He very candidly shared his opinion that our embryos had a better chance in my uterus, which is what we came to realize, and showed that he had our interest at heart. This is not where the clinic makes money, so he won my full trust with this recommendation.
Be prepared with a list of questions to get the most out of your visits with Dr. Tran. We had most of our monitoring visits with him personally, but they're routine in nature and quick, so I found myself following up with the nurses with follow-up questions I didn't get to or didn't think of during the visits.
Dr. Tran showed interest in and concern about our individual journey to parenthood. He is strong with the numbers and the science behind this, which was important to my spouse particularly, but also showed great understanding and willingness to listen and consider not only new information but our desires about the ivf cycle we were undergoing as well as next steps. His team of nurses was phenomenal - accessible, understanding and compassionate.
Describe the protocols Nam Tran used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
We had to IVF cycles with mid-luteal protocol, with moderate to low doses. I had 8-9 follicles at baseline, and given that there wasn't much potential beyond that, it was important for me to not get overly medicated (some other fertility doctors we consulted with in our research mentioned "aggressive" protocol, which was a big turnoff). Dr. Tran took a moderate approach and adjusted down given my good response in the first cycle. The meds were 225 IU Gonal-F and 150 IU Menopur. Great response initially - of 8 follicles we retrieved 8 mature eggs, 7 fertilized with ICSI. Second time less so - of 9 follicles, we retrieved 4 and only 2 mature eggs which were fertilized. "0" embryos at Day 5/6, however, and the whole reason we did IVF was the genetic test at D5/6 so we can minimize the risk miscarriage. The mid-luteal protocol didn't allow for a Day 3 transfer. Seems like our embryos can't make it beyond that in lab environment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette)
My IVF nurse was phenomenal - responsive, knowledgeable, caring - just on top of her game in every sense. Yvette was super helpful and patient with all my questions, and they were many as I kept reading and educating myself. Same goes for my coordinator Nichakorn.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I definitely felt that I was getting personal care. This is a boutique practice. The clinic was conveniently located for us, and they have other locations in the Bay Area. They seem to be growing and adding new doctors, but I never felt that I have to wait to get an appointment or even wait during an appointment for more than 5 minutes. They'd get me out on time as well, so there was minimal interruption to my work day. The online portal is good, but most importantly they respond and follow-up promptly.
We went through insurance as we had some coverage (with a lifetime max). Still unsure of the total out-of-pocket costs for either cycle due to the messy billing. Dealing with the billing department at Spring was the most stressful and painful experience, an unwelcome one too given how taxing the IVF process already is. Inquires required multiple follow-ups before Spring would respond (sometimes 2-3 weeks later). They simple didn't address/ignored some direct questions. Last but not least, they said they'd do the billing in a certain way for our second cycle, but didn't do so despite the agreement we had reached on that. Super frustrating experience, and I am still entangled in this two months after treatment.
eSET was the considered approach but we didn't have a single embryo for transfer.
Nam Tran
San Francisco

Dr. Klatsky is a great doctor warms-up as time goes on. I appreciate his time to give thoughtful responses and honesty.to questions. I felt comfortable with him at all our ultrasounds ... Don't expect him to sugarcoat his opinions or a diagnosis - he'll give it to you straight. ... He tends to have a more conservative approach and protocol - make sure to ask about procedures, meds, etc. to get his full opinion.
Spring [Fertility] is a clean, modern, well-run clinic with a very competent team. ... We've had a few mishaps with the nursing staff communicating timely lab results and pharmacy refills - make sure to stay organized and on top of your own medications. Blood-draws are always quick. The waiting room is always stocked with snacks and beverages, and has a modern, calming atmosphere.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky is a smart doctor, with a mellow, easy-going demeanor. He doesn't rush appointments and gives thoughtful answers to questions. Don't expect him to sugarcoat his opinions or a diagnosis - he'll give it to you straight. Overall I feel like I am in great care with Dr. Klatsky - he's competent and kind.
Be prepared with your questions in advance to appointments so you can use the short time you'll have with Dr. Klatsky to its fullest. He tends to have a more conservative approach and protocol - make sure to ask about procedures, meds, etc. to get his full opinion.
Dr. Klatsky is a great doctor warms-up as time goes on. I appreciate his time to give thoughtful responses and honesty.to questions. I felt comfortable with him at all our ultrasounds - he even had me smiling and laughing a few times when I felt rock bottom.
Dr. Klatsky recommended a mid-leutal STIMS start for us (due to lower AMH) to produce the most follicles possible during our cycle. He prefers using more "gentle" treatment and lower dosages of medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel (Nurse), Kelsey (Patient Coord.))
We met with our care coordinator once - she was compassionate and answered questions well. After the initial meeting, we never saw her at appointments and only communicated via email. The nurse assigned to us was never at appointments, and only communicated via email. She was responsive and had a back-up nurse assigned if she was out of office. The care coordinator and nursing staff is only available 9-5pm Mon-Fri - which sometimes made it difficult to get answers questions quickly if needed.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring is a clean, modern, well-run clinic with a very competent team. Because it is so popular, it can get busy and feel like an IVF conveyor-belt, but the level of care is excellent! We've had a few mishaps with the nursing staff communicating timely lab results and pharmacy refills - make sure to stay organized and on top of your own medications. Blood-draws are always quick. The waiting room is always stocked with snacks and beverages, and has a modern, calming atmosphere. The doctors are usually prompt and provide top-notch care. Overall - highly recommend so far.
Peter Klatsky