905 San Ramon Valley Blvd
Mountain View (closed)
2490 Hospital Dr
Mountain View, CA 94040

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Fisher truly loves his job and it shows!...can recite a study to back any of his decisions...allowed me to be an advocate for myself and helped me navigate my questions and concerns and would make changes based on our discussions...When we got our PGT results back he was so excited that he called me personally with my whole team on speaker phone...Him and his team made me want to come in because it felt so warm and inviting.
When we got our PGT results back [Dr. Fisher] was so excited that he called me personally with my whole team [at Spring Fertility] on speaker phone...Him and his team made me want to come in because it felt so warm and inviting...I loved that I received a call from a nurse after every appointment and that they checked in on me after my procedures...I always received prompt professional answers, and always felt like the only person they were treating.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr Fisher truly loves his job and it shows! He always comes in with a positive upbeat attitude. He can recite a study to back any of his decisions. He allowed me to be an advocate for myself and helped me navigate my questions and concerns and would make changes based on our discussions. He was patient when I had ten million questions and wanted to know why for everything. One of the things that made me respect him the most, however, was how highly his staff talked about him. They would tell me how they learned so much from him from his in-service classes he taught weekly. How he really wanted them to have the knowledge and love what they did, and he did so in a fun and interesting way. All of that could be seen as a patient as well. We could not have been in better hands!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr Fisher is very personable and always had something to talk about relating to past conversations or about his own personal life. He explained everything in depth and then was always really patient knowing I would have a million questions. Looking back he could have told me to ask the nurse, but he answered them himself. When we got our PGT results back he was so excited that he called me personally with my whole team on speaker phone. He was always upbeat and excited to be at work. Him and his team made me want to come in because it felt so warm and inviting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nurse- Melissa Care Coord. - Shelby)
I loved that I received a call from a nurse after every appointment and that they checked in on me after my procedures. I spoke to random nurses and rarely my own nurse. However, my Care Coordinator was always available, always coming in to cheer me on, and even held my hand when I got sick after my saline sonogram. Anything I needed she was always on top of it!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I was seen at both Danville and Oakland and I was impressed with every single person I came in contact with. Everyone was always friendly, upbeat, and generally happy to see you/be at work. I always received prompt professional answers, and always felt like the only person they were treating. There is not one single negative to report.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
I’m not sure if it was due to the pandemic and trying to keep people from waiting in the waiting room together, but I never saw any other patients in the Danville or Oakland office for monitoring. I was always 5-10 minutes early and in my car about 5-10 minutes after my appointment. I was seen quickly with all my questions answered. And not once did I feel rushed to get in or to get out. I was monitored twice by other doctors because it was Dr Fisher’s day off. I must say, his way of explaining the monitoring process and giving exact detail was much better than the other two. The other two told me to ask the nurse when they called in the evening. It wasn’t rude, just that it was the nurses job.

2020 - 2021, Successful
I know I want kids in the future and therefore was contemplating egg freezing. Dr. Fisher never made me feel like he was selling the idea of egg freezing and rather me provided with facts and data...always explained what was happening and provided next steps so I knew what to expect...created a sense of trust and removed much anxiety which is important as a patient.
[Spring Fertility was] Extremely clean and comfortable...[nurse] was very quick to respond, clearly communicated all instructions and would answer (or get answers) to all my questions. Her responsiveness ensured I felt like I could rely on her... the billing team was not as organized or responsive...Right now I am resolving an issue with them where a third party billed me for more than what I was told my maximum bill would be.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher is incredibly knowledgable and patient making him very easy and great to work with. I saw Dr. Fisher about freezing eggs and embryos and from the onset always felt like he shared his knowledge of fertility which allowed me to make educated decisions. I was 32 turning 33 when I first saw Dr. Fisher about egg freezing. I know I want kids in the future and therefore was contemplating egg freezing. Dr. Fisher never made me feel like he was selling the idea of egg freezing and rather me provided with facts and data. It was because of this that I chose to do egg freezing with Dr. Fisher. There are some Drs. who gave me the impression that were selling me the service as it was must do however Dr. Fisher never did that. He kept to facts and when asked his opinion to stuck to facts such as 'typically egg quality is like x during y, and then will be z during a". This made me feel like I wasn't getting sold something but rather had a Dr. who kept to the science which I greatly appreciate. I could also get a sense that he cared for his patients and he always took the time to answer questions. I left our initial consultation feeling like I had a better idea of female fertility and reasons why but did not feel like I had to freeze my eggs at that exact moment. I chose to however for personal reasons of knowing that if I was going to in the future anyway why not now especially having found a Dr. i liked working with. During my egg freezing Dr. Fisher always explained what was happening and provided next steps so I knew what to expect, what was happening and why, and what was to come which created a sense of trust and removed much anxiety which is important as a patient. Dr. Fisher monitored my progress throughout my egg freezing process.
Don't hesitate to ask questions
Walking through the process and the procedure and though data was shared it was provided to give me insight as a patient and to understand the data on egg freezing and embryo freezing. They also walked me through what it is my body is doing throughout the process which felt very human to me and I found it extremely educational. Dr Fisher also walked me through female fertility during your thirties and forties and I felt like a human as he explained what happens to a human body and used this information to help me understand my body and the process. He would separate presenting data to where I am and therefore I felt a lot like a human.
Describe the protocols Thomas Fisher used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
My treatment strategies and protocol was to track my ovulation as I had gone off birth control (my own choice) ahead of egg freezing. Since my amh levels came back normal (higher than average) and my initial consultation showed regular follicle count I was to use gonal f and menopur during the monitoring phase as we began the egg freezing process. Right from the beginning I was told at what time of day to test for ovulation and to immediately call/advise the clinic when I got a positive. Since this was during Covid the clinic also did covid tests ahead of treatment which I greatly appreciated given I was paying for this myself. Once I got a positive they booked me an appointment for a blood draw (I think the day after possibly) and since blood draws were in the morning they could get results by afternoon and provide us with our protocol. I was then given clear instructions both via a calendar, a web portal and a phone call by a nurse of what to do for the next few days. I started off with gonal f and menopur and would go in every 2-3 days for monitoring to begin with. Closer to my retrieval I went in every day and my dosage changed a little which again was communicated via a shared calendar, a web portal, and a phone call. They also did injection trainings ahead of this so I felt as well prepared as i could have been having never injected myself before. On the day of my trigger, because one of hormones was high I did not have to use two medications to trigger but one. The nurse had called me the day before to give me the exact time I was going to trigger and to walk me through exactly which medications to use, how to do the dosage and was very clear on the importance of timing. They recommended getting the injections prepped a little before the actual trigger keeping in mind the need to refrigerate one of the medications. The anesthesiologist also called me the early evening before the retrieval so I knew waht to do in terms of food and drink.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mel )
Mel was my primary nurse and she was very quick to respond, clearly communicated all instructions and would answer (or get answers) to all my questions. Her responsiveness ensured I felt like I could rely on her. She was very clear with instructions and was patient with me as I would repeat them back to her as I this was my first time. The nursing staff at Spring overall were all very friendly and very caring. My care coordinator was also very responsive and also always answered (or found answers to my questions). They were great to work with. During the day of my egg retrieval the nurses (and entire team) were all very caring, patient, and it was comforting to be under their care.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths - definitely felt like state of the art equipment especially during the egg retrieval and also seeing the embryologists work in SF made I was visually able to see the state of the art facilities. Extremely clean and comfortable and I could tell all the nurses and drs were extremely professional while also kind and caring. The extra touches such as the sparkling water and snacks/chocolates was definitely a plus. Though for me what is most important is the knowledge and professional of the team which was a 10/10 and the healthcare equipment which was also a 10/10. Weaknesses - the billing team was not as organized or responsive. Sometimes I had to follow up with the billing team on certain questions and one time I was told I had an outstanding payment when I did not. Right now I am resolving an issue with them where a third party billed me for more than what I was told my maximum bill would be.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility.
Egg freezing I believe was $8750 for my first round and then I think my second round I got a 10% discount. Embryo freezing (I did one round) was approximately $16,000-$17,000 for one round. In addition, each round required medication which cost around $3000-$4000
Describe Thomas Fisher's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.

2018 - 2020, Successful
What we appreciated the most was Dr Tran's direct, confident and no fluff demeanor. Often times, he was more confident in a positive outcome than we were which is what I would want with my fertility doctor. We did experience 1 miscarriage with an IUI cycle which Dr Tran showed a nice balance of compassion and yet still a focus on the path forward...If you want a personalized, down to business, direct and a results driven outcome, then Dr Tran is who you'd want to see.
[Spring Fertility's] strengths: medical staff, knowledge of the co-founding doctors, the nursing staff and nurse practitioner are also all great, inviting, organized, clean, resourceful as they have medications on hand if you need it in an emergency sense...If I had one critique, it would be with the financial coordinator who didn't always know the answers to some pretty simple questions I had regarding mediation cost and wasn't always prompt in communication response.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
We couldn't be happier as patients of Dr Tran. We saw him at Spring in 2018 when the clinic was still growing and again at the end of 2019 when the clinic had grown exponentially but we experienced the same level of care from Dr Tran. What we appreciated the most was Dr Tran's direct, confident and no fluff demeanor. Often times, he was more confident in a positive outcome than we were which is what I would want with my fertility doctor. We did experience 1 miscarriage with an IUI cycle which Dr Tran showed a nice balance of compassion and yet still a focus on the path forward.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
If you want a fertility doctor who is going to hold your hand, provide some fluffiness to your consults and consultations with a pair of rosy glasses on, this is not the doctor for you. If you want a personalized, down to business, direct and a results driven outcome, then Dr Tran is who you'd want to see.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
We've been a patient of Dr Tran's for 2 separate treatment cycles and have always felt like our consults and treatment conversations were personalized. He was always available for questions and concerns outside of appointment times.
Describe the protocols Nam Tran used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Walking into the clinic, I thought for sure we would be doing IVF but after our consultation, ultrasound and fertility vitals, Dr Tran recommended that we start with IUI first since the more %s of increase in chances of being pregnant with IVF vs IUI wasn't worth the exponential extra cost of IVF. For our first treatment cycle, we did two rounds of IUIs. The first round resulted in a miscarriage at 5.5 weeks and the second round results in my now healthy toddler. For our second treatment cycle which was 10 months after giving birth, we did two rounds of IUI. The first round didn't take and the second round resulted in twins which I am currently in the third trimester of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
I worked with multiple nurses at Spring Fertility and all were very responsive and helpful. I hardly ever had to stress about communication or to knowing answers to questions I had during my treatment. I only had 1 confusing situation/encounters which was caused by miscommunication with one of the medical assistants but cleared up with Dr Tran. If I had one critique, it would be with the financial coordinator who didn't always know the answers to some pretty simple questions I had regarding mediation cost and wasn't always prompt in communication response.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Clinic strengths: medical staff, knowledge of the co-founding doctors, the nursing staff and nurse practitioner are also all great, inviting, organized, clean, resourceful as they have medications on hand if you need it in an emergency sense. Weakness: communication with the financial coordinator.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at Spring Fertility.
The initial consult was out of pocket which was reasonable. My first two IUI cycles were covered by work and we paid out of pocket for the 2nd two IUI cycles which we found was reasonable as well.
San Francisco
Dr. Tran reviewed our results and agreed that IVF with ICSI was our best path forward. Because my results were all within standard range, he said our chances were relatively high, comparatively -- about 60% chance of conception per cycle. I was put on Menopur and Gonal-F to prepare for the retrieval, and we were able to stay the course without making changes to the protocol as the eggs were progressing as expected...strongly recommended single embryo transfer, and given my age and the risks, I was happy with this approach.
We used ICSI and they grew the embryos to day 6 [at Spring Fertility]. Only two made it to day 6, both of which we chose to send for PGS testing. One came back as normal, the other was "inconclusive." We would have been allowed to either re-test the inconclusive embryo or transfer it without further testing...I was very happy with my primary nurse. She was communicative and extremely helpful when we had some trouble with insurance timing and the medication. I appreciate all her support and patience with us.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
When we first met with Dr. Tran for a consultation, he was very efficient but thorough. He explained our options in a straightforward manner. We received a lot of information that first visit, but we had a fairly clear sense of our path forward, though the question of timing was still a little hard to grasp. We were able to proceed with treatment relatively quickly, and I always felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Tran. I appreciated that I saw him on most visits and that he handled my procedures himself. We had one minor confusion when he told us he thought we could do a transfer before the end of the year, when really January was the actual outcome because of holiday closures, but while that felt frustrating at the time, I'm glad we did the transfer at a time when we could have full access to Dr. Tran and the clinic. On the day of the retrieval, he did a great job putting me at ease, joking about the music playing in the procedure room. We got some bad news after my retrieval - only 2 embryos made it to day 6 out of the original 18 - and Dr. Tran explained that it might be due to the quality of my eggs over the phone. I think that information would have been a little easier to take in person, but I appreciate that he was able to take the time to talk to us about it. While things sometimes felt like they moved quickly with Dr. Tran, I know he's a very experienced doctor with a great track record, so I feel grateful we were able to work with him.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any. Dr. Tran will make time to answer them if he knows you have them.
While Spring was handling a lot of patients, I appreciated the attention from Dr. Tran. He kept appointments short and to-the-point without making me feel like he didn't have time for me -- I appreciated his efficiency as well as his personal approach.
My partner was diagnosed with male factor infertility before coming to Dr. Tran. We were told IVF with ICSI was our best option by the reproductive endocrinologist we had gotten testing with at Kaiser. Dr. Tran reviewed our results and agreed that IVF with ICSI was our best path forward. Because my results were all within standard range, he said our chances were relatively high, comparatively -- about 60% chance of conception per cycle. I was put on Menopur and Gonal-F to prepare for the retrieval, and we were able to stay the course without making changes to the protocol as the eggs were progressing as expected. I did the trigger injections 36 hours before the procedure, and came in for the retrieval, which resulted in 19 eggs, 18 of which made it to the embryo state. We used ICSI and they grew the embryos to day 6. Only two made it to day 6, both of which we chose to send for PGS testing. One came back as normal, the other was "inconclusive." We would have been allowed to either re-test the inconclusive embryo or transfer it without further testing. When the clinic reopened after the holidays, I went on birth control for about two weeks before starting medication (Letrozole then Medrol) to prepare for the transfer. I was not put on progesterone after bloodwork showed I had appropriate levels. I was given Valium to take the day of the transfer, and no further medication after that. I got a positive HCG result about two and half weeks after the transfer and am currently 14 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette Perez)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring is a very nice facility, I appreciate that it's not overwhelmingly clinical in atmosphere. It helped me feel like a person -- the touches like having snacks/drinks in the waiting room, and the running-water feature across from where you get your blood drawn. They're very friendly and accommodating. We struggled a little with our care coordinator at the beginning, and I was a little surprised by how much I had to advocate for myself when I expected a bit more hand-holding -- everything worked out, but I was initially a little frustrated by the confusion, which was mostly around timing. I was generally under the impression that they're growing a lot, quickly, which wonderful, but that some of the early missteps were just a result of that growth. Once I was handed over to the clinical team, everything was very smooth. While it's certainly not a deciding factor, the occasional difficulty of parking is something to be aware of -- at a stressful time, finding out the lot next door is closed or having to circle for spots is just something to account for in understanding the time it'll take to get to the appointments.
Describe Nam Tran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr. Tran strongly recommended single embryo transfer, and given my age and the risks, I was happy with this approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
We had some early confusion about timing for starting our first cycle -- we had a weekend trip planned out of town involving air travel, and because it fell around the time of possible ovulation, we weren't sure if we could start that cycle or not. It just took a bit of back and forth with our care coordinator. I also missed an injection class because I was sent the wrong date. In the scheme of things, these ended up being minor and manageable, they were just painful at the start of my treatment.
San Francisco

Don't expect someone who is touchy-feely. Ask good questions...[Dr. Nam Tran is] happy to explain things...felt strongly that we should transfer 3 based on my age and egg quality...retrieved 10, had 9 embryos. 3 very good ones and a handful of ok ones. None made it to freeze. Transferred 3 on day three resulted in twins...is efficient, so I only saw him briefly during most visits. However, he was very familiar with my case during each visit and I felt like he was genuinely invested in our conceiving.
I definitely felt like we got what we paid for...Spring is not your cheapest option. However, with the price tag came very good client treatment. I never had to wait for an appointment. Dr. Tran always came in exactly on time, was quick and efficient, and they had me out the door. I was traveling from outside of SF for treatment and I loved that they had very early morning appointments--it meant I missed very little work relative to the number of appointments I had. The office is neat, they offer nice amenities (snacks, coffee, etc.) to make your wait more pleasant. Staff were all extremely friendly and professional. I liked that we even got to meet the embryologist when it came time to transfer. I also used their on call number once and was grateful to speak with one of the doctors on call to make sure I was dosing my medications correctly. I definitely felt like we got what we paid for.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran was always honest about our odds of conceiving. He was hopeful that it could work, but didn't offer false hope which I appreciated. He was good at explaining what he was doing and why. He seemed to have a good balance between using evidence-based methods and a willingness to try something else when that didn't work. He is fairly technical and clinical, but I think that's what you want: someone precise and exacting. In the end, we trusted him and when he was optimistic that a second round could yield better results than our first, we agreed. And he was right! Our second round was successful.
Don't expect someone who is touchy-feely. Ask good questions, he's happy to explain things. Trust that his number one goal is to help you conceive and he'll do what he can to make that happen.
Dr. Tran is efficient, so I only saw him briefly during most visits. However, he was very familiar with my case during each visit and I felt like he was genuinely invested in our conceiving.
Round one: started with lupron then was on 150 menopur, 225 gonal f for 4 days, then 150 of each for 4 days, then 75 menopur/150 gonal f for 1 day. Produced 14 follicles, 9 embryos, all poor quality by day 3. Transferred the best 3 on day 3, resulted in a chemical pregnancy with nothing left to freeze. Round 2: started on Aygestin then was on 150 each menopur and gonal f for 8 days, then 75 menopur/150 gonal f for 3 days, then 75 of each for last day. Also took HGH throughout. Began cetrotide last 4 days. This time he also cultured our embryos differently. This time retrieved 10, had 9 embryos. 3 very good ones and a handful of ok ones. None made it to freeze. Transferred 3 on day three resulted in twins.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
The staff were always courteous and efficient. We had an incident where meds weren't ordered in time which would have resulted in a delayed cycle (we ended up delaying for other reasons). Staff called us quickly afterward to find out what happened and ensured us it wouldn't happen again.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Dr. Tran felt strongly that we should transfer 3 based on my age and egg quality.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
We lived outside the same-day medication delivery area which I communicated multiple times. It still resulted in medications being ordered late and missing the delivery window which would have pushed back our cycle start date (we ended up taking that cycle off). They did follow up with their quality improvement folks to discuss what happened, which I appreciated.

2022, 13 Eggs Frozen
Dr Shastri went through all the possible causes with me, developed a treatment plan accordingly, and the one round I’ve done with her so far got me more frozen eggs than both my previous rounds combined...We did Estrace priming instead of the birth control pill leading up to this round to avoid over-suppressing my ovaries, but I also just felt so much better on it - I do not do well on BCPs. We used Gonal-F & Menopur once a day in similar but slightly lower doses than I’d used in the past, and one thing I thought was interesting was we tapered off the amounts as the cycle progressed
Having a care coordinator [at Spring Fertility] was a HUGE improvement from past experience. This process is very dynamic and things change from day to day, so it was really nice to have just one point person I could call/email with questions instead of talking to someone different every time, especially since she was super organized and always quick to respond....
How was your experience with Shefali Shastri at Spring Fertility?
Such a great experience and I would be thrilled to work with her again. I had two rounds previously with another RE that were successful, but didn’t get nearly the numbers that my AFC indicated. Dr Shastri went through all the possible causes with me, developed a treatment plan accordingly, and the one round I’ve done with her so far got me more frozen eggs than both my previous rounds combined!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shefali Shastri at Spring Fertility?
I don’t think you really need advice, she’s very welcoming of questions and just great to work with
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shefali Shastri at Spring Fertility?
I had consultations with several REs when deciding where to go for round 3, and even on a video call Dr Shastri’s passion for her work and concern for individual patients really comes across!
Describe the protocols Shefali Shastri used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
We did Estrace priming instead of the birth control pill leading up to this round to avoid over-suppressing my ovaries, but I also just felt so much better on it - I do not do well on BCPs. We used Gonal-F & Menopur once a day in similar but slightly lower doses than I’d used in the past, and one thing I thought was interesting was we tapered off the amounts as the cycle progressed. (I’m not a doctor but even I could tell from looking at the ultrasound screen that my follicles grew a lot more uniformly in size this time around.) Then Cetrotide and a Lupron + low-dose HCG trigger. And voila!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
Having a care coordinator was a HUGE improvement from past experience. This process is very dynamic and things change from day to day, so it was really nice to have just one point person I could call/email with questions instead of talking to someone different every time, especially since she was super organized and always quick to respond.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I will probably do one more round of egg freezing at some point and I will definitely come back here for it. I’m not local to NYC, so I was really nervous about flying across the country to stay in a hotel and have a procedure under general anesthesia in a facility I’d never even heard of before I started this whole process 😂 but the experience and the results were TOTALLY worth it.
Shefali Shastri

2021 - 2022, Successful
She [Dr. Pasternak] was kind and showed a high level of emotional intelligence, while also being realistic and clear about the IVF processes and chances for success...a great combination of caring and scientifically competent...her approach was far more holistic and she did not make any recommendations until we had a long meeting where she got to know me, my husband, and our goals, and had done preliminary bloodwork. Throughout the process Dr. Pasternak was in touch with us and she was the one doing the main procedures - the retrievals and the transfer
They [nurses at Spring Fertility] were always prompt in answering questions and providing updates on my protocol. Spring really is a well-oiled machine. Also, HUGE shout out to Dr. Pasternak's NP, Audrey. I saw Audrey for many monitoring appointments and she is incredibly kind and caring...Spring is a very concierge clinic - you always feel well taken care of and paid attention to...sometimes the monitoring appointments felt a bit rote - you're in and out. But that's going to be the case anywhere and frankly is respectful to the time of working individuals.
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak was the second doctor that we consulted regarding fertility treatments. I felt that the first was pushing IVF on us and kept referencing our "great insurance coverage," which made me feel like I couldn't trust the advice simply because the clinic wanted business. While Dr. Pasternak's conclusion on a treatment plan was the same as the first doctor - i.e. go straight to IVF - her approach was far more holistic and she did not make any recommendations until we had a long meeting where she got to know me, my husband, and our goals, and had done preliminary bloodwork. Throughout the process Dr. Pasternak was in touch with us and she was the one doing the main procedures - the retrievals and the transfer. Her ability to explain how the process worked, what she was looking for in my monitoring appointments, and the odds of success helped demystify the process. I am now at the end of my first trimester following our first frozen embryo transfer and have officially "graduated" from Spring. My only sadness is that I wish Dr. Pasternak could be my OB as well!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Don't be scared to ask questions. Dr. Pasternak is very patient and takes the time to answer all questions. During the first of my two egg retrievals I felt that my monitoring appointments were fairly quick and I didn't fully understand what the doctor was looking for but at the same time, I didn't ask! I became more assertive during the second round and felt that I understood the process better. People going through IVF often go through multiple rounds and the doctors/nurses may not always remember that you may be in the dark about things, so remember to speak up.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Bedside manner is extremely important to me and the first doctor I saw simply did not have the ability to connect that I needed. Dr. Pasternak was the perfect fit right from the start. She was kind and showed a high level of emotional intelligence, while also being realistic and clear about the IVF processes and chances for success. Too often it's a blunt and competent doctor or someone who is kind but perhaps not straightforward and Dr. Pasternak is a great combination of caring and scientifically competent.
Describe the protocols Monica Pasternak used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I underwent two egg retrievals with what i believe is a fairly traditional protocol. Before injections I took birth control for a few days then had my baseline ultrasound. Did hormone injections of Gonal-F and Menopur. Added a third injection closer to trigger. They tell you that injections can last between 10-14 days. Both of mine were on the longer end. Then did the egg retrieval followed by freezing and PGA testing. The first round we retrieved 5 eggs, 3 made it to the blastocyst stage, and 1 was genetically normal. In the second round we retrieved 8 eggs, 5 made it to the blastocyst stage, and 3 were genetically normal. I did a frozen embryo transfer in January 2022, which was successful and am currently at the end of my first trimester.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dana/Emily)
Dana and Emily were the two nurses that I interacted with the most on Dr. Pasternak's team. Because my retrievals occurred during COVID, I think they were off-site often so most of our communication was through email and Spring's patient portal. They were always prompt in answering questions and providing updates on my protocol. Spring really is a well-oiled machine. Also, HUGE shout out to Dr. Pasternak's NP, Audrey. I saw Audrey for many monitoring appointments and she is incredibly kind and caring. I looked forward to getting to catch up with her during my appointments.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring is a very concierge clinic - you always feel well taken care of and paid attention to. If anything, I feel a bit spoiled and am concerned that the level of care that i'll receive during my pregnancy may not live up to the same level of service I've been used to during the fertility process. In order to provide that level of service, they are pricey, but do accept insurance. Can't really think of many weaknesses - only thing I'd say is that sometimes the monitoring appointments felt a bit rote - you're in and out. But that's going to be the case anywhere and frankly is respectful to the time of working individuals.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility.
I am fortunate to have great insurance though my husband's workplace that covered the vast majority of the costs of my treatments. Because of that I can't say that the cost associated with the procedures/medications were, but I know it's a fairly heavy amount (not unique to Spring, just how fertility treatments are anywhere).
Describe Monica Pasternak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
I believe that Dr. Pasternak and Spring only do single embryo transfers. That's what I presumed my husband and I would do anyways.

2021 - 2022, 6 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Kim was warm, addressed both me and my partner during the initial consultation, recognized my life context during the egg freezing process and asked about / worked with my scheduling constraints...easy to get in contact with throughout my treatment. When things did not go as planned, she explained the adjustments she recommended and the rationale for them. She has a great bedside manner...
Communication from the care team [at Spring Fertility] was always very clear, whether over email or over the phone. They were also very helpful when I had question...Nice clinic, spacious rooms, exam rooms all have a large screen in front of the exam table that projects the ultrasound so that you can see what the doctor sees. The clinic is well organized and well run.
How was your experience with Julia Kim at Spring Fertility?
My experience with Dr. Kim was great. She took the time to answer all my questions thoughtfully, and was easy to get in contact with throughout my treatment. When things did not go as planned, she explained the adjustments she recommended and the rationale for them. She has a great bedside manner, and addressed both me and my partner during my initial consultation, which I appreciated. When I had questions about family planning with a same sex partner, she was very knowledgeable and I felt very comfortable asking her these questions. She did all but one of my ultrasounds and came in on her weekend off to do my retrieval. Overall a great experience!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julia Kim at Spring Fertility?
Your care team can help answer questions you might have, and you can always let them know you would like to speak with Dr. Kim if you have additional questions so they can book you a phone visit with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julia Kim at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Julia Kim used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Had a luteal phase, progesterone priming, then down regulation cycle with an agonist. Each time there was a change in approach, Dr. Kim discussed the rationale and why she recommended it, which was very helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Bridget )
Communication from the care team was always very clear, whether over email or over the phone. They were also very helpful when I had question. I once sent an email after hours with a question about medications, expecting it wouldn't be answered right away, and my patient navigator Catherine sent me a reply because she was still in the office and wanted to make sure I was informed before taking my medication that night!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julia Kim at Spring Fertility.
$8,750 for an egg freezing cycle
Julia Kim

2021, Successful
The care team at Spring Danville was wonderful to work with. Very professional, organized, knowledgeable and friendly...billing is straightforward, their patient portal where we get all communications and updates about our treatment is quite helpful and user friendly, the facilities are very clean and modern and since they have different locations you could use for your monitoring, you never have to be commuting too far to get your care
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher always took the time to listen to my concerns, answered my questions in the clearest way possible, he was always realistic and honest about our case, no sugarcoating but always kind and respectful. During every appointment he always had the best attitude, his bedside manner was spotless and his communication very straightforward. IVF can be a very complex process but at every visit Dr Fisher always made sure I understood every decision about my treatment, what the next steps would be and why, I always left his office at ease and confident I was getting the best care for my case. Dr Fisher's demeanor has the right mix of science, professionalism, compassion and heart and I feel truly fortunate to have had him as my fertility Doctor!
Please ask him all the questions and share every concern you have, he will always listen and give you an honest and clear answer.
In every interaction I had with with Dr. Fisher, he was always professional and kind, he cared about me as an individual and wanted me to succeed. I also never felt rushed during any consultation or procedure, I always got enough time and attention for my care.
For my egg retrieval: I was on Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, leuprolide and triggered with pregnyl (cannot remember the doses as these were adjusted) For my transfer: medrol and ovidrel. My FET was successful and I am now pregnant at 42-years-old.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: My nurse was Darcy and care coordinator was Shelby)
The care team at Spring Danville was wonderful to work with. Very professional, organized, knowledgeable and friendly. For some of my procedures I went to their Oakland office, where I also got excellent care. Everyone including receptionists, nurses, medical assistants, and every person I ever interacted with at Spring offered me the best care.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring has a very organized system: billing is straightforward, their patient portal where we get all communications and updates about our treatment is quite helpful and user friendly, the facilities are very clean and modern and since they have different locations you could use for your monitoring, you never have to be commuting too far to get your care. Parking in the Danville office was always good, but in the Oakland office it was a bit difficult so it was good to show up with enough time to be able to find a spot and still make it on time for my appointment.
Egg retrieval and monitoring: $18000, Embryo transfer $4700, Medications: $4000.
We did single embryo transfer (safer for my age and higher chances of live birth)

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Fisher is the best doctor I've ever worked with. He and his team has been with us through our 1+ year long fertility journey and we could not have asked for a better team. From the get go, he took the time to educate us, carefully listen to our story & goals, and created a plan for us. He's honest, realistic, funny, smart, detail-oriented, caring, all the things you'd wish for as a doctor during such vulnerable times.
I absolutely ADORED Spring Fertility staff, from the nurses, coordinators to the front office team. They make up the amazing culture Spring has and I always looked forward to my appts...I have recommended at least 5 people at my company to Spring Fertility because of how incredible the clinic is. They are organized, efficient, effective (have some of the highest success rates), and the culture and team are incredible...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Just be honest with what you want and come prepared for any questions. He was so patient with all my questions and always took the time to walk through everything with me.
Dr. Fisher is the only doctor I ever felt a connection with. From the start of our fertility journey, he always showed care, empathy, and enthusiasm to help you achieve your goals. He also made a process that can be so vulnerable much more pleasing than I had expected.
We went with the mid-luteal protocol. For medications, was as on the typical injections, FSH, Menopur, Cetrotide and I can't remember what I used for trigger. For the transfer, we went with natural/letrozole protocol as I was able to ovulate on my own and my progesterone levels were normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Caponi )
I absolutely ADORED Spring Fertility staff, from the nurses, coordinators to the front office team. They make up the amazing culture Spring has and I always looked forward to my appts so I can catch up with everyone. :) They are amazing!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
My company insurance covered most of it and I paid about 1500 out of pocket. I believe if I did not have insurance, it would be 18k for the injections + trigger and 6-7k for transfer.
We went wit single embryo transfer as it was the safest and lowest risk.

2021, 26 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Okeigwe never seemed rushed. She listened to all my concerns and addressed them. She seemed genuinely interested in my success and wellbeing: she paid close attention to my experience all along the process and adjusted my protocols accordingly. She was meticulous with things like measuring follicles - she was more accurate than one of the other doctors I saw for a monitoring appointment.
The staff at Spring in Oakland are amazing...They never missed an update or call to see how things were going. The care was well-organized, thorough and tailored for me. I appreciated the patient education resources...The wait was never more than 10 minutes to be seen (usually less) and appointments went very smoothly. Their care-team system is very effective and the staff is very communicative and easy to get a hold of.
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
With Dr. Okeigwe, I felt like I was in really good hands all throughout the egg freezing process. She made sure I was taking all the necessary steps to prevent OHSS. Her calm presence was very reassuring during the actual retrieval: this was my first operation and I went in with some anxiety. I felt that she was a very good source of knowledge and I fully felt like I could trust her judgement. She provided excellent care!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Ijeoma Okeigwe used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Aygestin priming, FSH + menopur, cetrotide, lupron-only trigger, cabergaline. All of these worked well and prevented OHSS even though I had a lot of eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
The staff at Spring in Oakland are amazing: I came to expect friendly, warm staff at every visit and was never disappointed. They never missed an update or call to see how things were going. The care was well-organized, thorough and tailored for me. I appreciated the patient education resources.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic was great. The wait was never more than 10 minutes to be seen (usually less) and appointments went very smoothly. Their care-team system is very effective and the staff is very communicative and easy to get a hold of. I wasn't able to get a hold of the on-call doctor they said to contact if need be by calling the main line after hours but I may have chosen the wrong options.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility.
Costs were covered by Progyny.
Ijeoma Okeigwe

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr.Fisher was responsive and personable on calls and always made me feel heard...polite, respectful, always greeted me with a smile, was patient with all my questions and never made the appointments feel rushed. He was always thorough in explaining procedures and next steps, comprehensive with his exams of follicle sizes, concerns and what to expect....
Shelby and Melissa [nurses at Spring Fertility] both went above and beyond when it came to communication, attentiveness and follow through. If they say they were going to do something, you could trust they would call you, follow up via email and make sure you were taken care of...Convenient location. Easy parking. Clean space, Offered snacks and drinks and all staff was friendly and polite. The environment was pleasant, equipment seemed clean and new...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Candidly, when I first approached Spring, I wanted a female doctor but the earliest appointment was with Dr.Fisher. Although initially hesitant, since day 1 of seeing him, I felt very comfortable and at ease. He opened up and shared his own story of how him and his wife also went through their own fertility journey. I think that makes him a lot more relatable and empathetic to his patient's journey. He was polite, respectful, always greeted me with a smile, was patient with all my questions and never made the appointments feel rushed. He was always thorough in explaining procedures and next steps, comprehensive with his exams of follicle sizes, concerns and what to expect. I really appreciated the attentive care provided whether it was via email, in person or follow up calls after certain procedures to update me on progress. I remember the day of my transfer, he rushed over to the SF clinic all the way from Danville just to make sure he was the one doing the transfer himself. That definitely re-assured me, made me more confident that the chance of success would be high and overall just put me in a more positive state of mind. We are now a month away from meeting our miracle baby and I am immensely grateful to Dr.Fisher and the Spring team. Overall, would recommend Dr.Fisher to any of my friends or family members looking for fertility treatment. Could not have asked for a better experience.
Come prepared with questions during your appointments. Dr.Fisher is thorough with talking through the treatment but also always leaves room for any questions you might have.
Dr. Fisher and staff were always friendly, on-time, patient with my many questions, understanding when I got emotional due to any results or drop offs from retrieval, day 3, day 5 survival and embryo quality. Dr.Fisher was responsive and personable on calls and always made me feel heard.
I went through 2 IVF cycles and 1 frozen embryo transfer with Dr. Fisher. For both retrievals, I was taking the following supplements: prenatal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, and Q10. My diagnosis was unexplained infertility as I had done prior exams and blood work at another clinic before Spring. In my first cycle, my antral follicle count was only 9-10. I started off with taking Estrace, got a bleed, went in for a baseline ultrasound and then started ​225IU of Gonal F and then 150IU for Menopur. The dosage of Gonal and Menopur were dropped as they doctor tracked my bloodwork and the size and growth of my follicles every few days to try to get them to all grow at the same pace. I then started Cetrotide in conjuction with Menopur and Gonal F and eventually triggered with Novarel and Lupron. For my first retrieval, my body only yielded 8 eggs, 1 follicle was empty and only 1 egg was mature. That was devastating news and I remember crying for a long time thinking the odds of a healthy embryo was likely going to be none after the drop off from Day 3 to Day 5 to genetic testing. Dr.Fisher and the care team definitely set proper expectations and were also quite comforting in talking through alternatives for a second round. Miraculously, that one mature egg actually resulted in a 6AA Day5 Euploid embryo. Given that my husband and I wanted at least 2 kids, Dr. Fisher also recommended having at least 2 healthy embryos per potentially viable pregnancy so we decided to pursue a second round of IVF egg retrieval before moving forward with a transfer. In my second IVF cycle: I started off with Aygestin, had around 11 antral follicles, started same dosage of ​225IU of Gonal F and then 150IU for Menopur which was adjusted slightly after every ultrasound and blood test appointment. Then started Cetrotide and triggered again with Lupron and Novarel. This time, 11 eggs were retrieved, 8 mature. I ended up with 4 that survived until Day 5 and then 3 that turned out to be Euploids. For my frozen embryo transfer, I started off with Aygestin pills (this was mostly because we were thinking of potentially doing a 3rd cycle of IVF depending on results of the embryo genetic testing). However, once we confirmed we were moving forward with FET, I was put on Letrozole 5mg for 5 days. After a few monitoring visits, the doctor asked me to start Gonal F at 150IU. As monitoring progressed, I was then instructed to take Ovidrel at 250mcg and take Medrol 16mg pills for 5 days. I went back in for a progesterone level check and then was confirmed for transfer. Transfer was successful and I am now 8 months pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Shelby Raley & Melissa Caponi)
Shelby and Melissa both went above and beyond when it came to communication, attentiveness and follow through. If they say they were going to do something, you could trust they would call you, follow up via email and make sure you were taken care of.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Convenient location. Easy parking. Clean space, Offered snacks and drinks and all staff was friendly and polite. The environment was pleasant, equipment seemed clean and new . No weaknesses that I can think of.
Although most people including myself go in thinking we will perhaps only need one IVF cycle, it's always good to know your options and what pricing will look like if you needed subsequent cycles. Accounting for price of medication is also something that needs to be factored in. Alto Pharmacy was superb in terms of convenience of delivering the medication to my doorstep. Our cost was ~$50K for 2 IVF cycles and 1 FET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
During my embryo transfer, at one of my ultrasound visits, I was seen by another doctor. The reaction of the doctor made it seem like there was a strong possibility the transfer would need to be cancelled as I might have ovulated already. I panicked and started crying frantically. That said, Dr. Fisher called me shortly after my appointment to reassure me that he was not concerned and that I would be monitored closely for the next couple of days to confirm next steps. In the end, I was able to successfully complete the FET so although alarming at first, it all worked out.

2021, 9 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, was kind, warm, caring, professional, and treated me with humanity. For once, I got to be a real patient, feel safe with someone who looked like me, and know that I was getting the best care possible. I'm forever grateful to Dr. Okeigwe and Oakland Spring Fertility...As a Black woman, seeking excellent healthcare has always been stressful...But, because Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, and equipped me with all of my options, the trigger began to go away...
Melanie and Ann [nurses at Spring Fertility] were very bubbly, caring, informative, and professional...All together for 1 cycle of egg freezing/retrieval it was about $10,000...all of your options explained to you with great care and to be surrounded by people who love what they do...For once, I got to be a real patient, feel safe with someone who looked like me, and know that I was getting the best care possible. I'm forever grateful to Dr. Okeigwe and Oakland Spring Fertility.
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
As a Black woman, seeking excellent healthcare has always been stressful. We are treated differently, and I’ve always had to fight to get proper health care. At first, I was so nervous about this procedure because I hate needles, and I didn't know if I would be treated like a human being. I’ve wanted to freeze my eggs for a while because I haven’t found my life partner yet. So, I wanted to make sure that I had options for my future. Thank you to everyone at Oakland Spring Fertility for giving me such a fantastic experience. But, I especially want to thank Dr. Okeigwe for guiding me through the process of freezing my eggs. She’s a GEM, and it’s so rare to find a Black fertility doctor. I was and still am ECSTATIC that she was my doctor! She took such great care of me, and I was informed every step of the way of who, what, where, and why of everything I needed to know. Dr. Okeigwe even helped me heal a trigger. I had an abortion when I was 20 years old, and unfortunately, the doctor and nurses treated me like an animal and pinned me down while they did the procedure. So from there on, every time I went to an OBGYN and put my legs up, I would go into shock from that experience. I never thought that trigger was going to be healed. But, because Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, and equipped me with all of my options, the trigger began to go away. It got to the point where I would come in for a check-up, and we would laugh, and before I knew it, I was already lying down, looking up at all of my eggs progressing. This is why representation matters, and I know for a fact that I would not have received a better experience anywhere else. Give this woman a raise and hire more diverse fertility doctors!✨
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
Get ready to have all of your options explained to you with great care and to be surrounded by people who love what they do.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melanie, Ann Marie, and everyone who shot me in the arm were wonderful!)
Melanie and Ann were very bubbly, caring, informative, and professional.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I give Spring Fertility a 1000 percent with strengths! The only weakness was me not getting a survey after my procedure to brag even more about the facility and doctors that took such great care of me.
All together for 1 cycle of egg freezing/retrieval it was about $10,000.
Ijeoma Okeigwe

2021, Successful
Dr Lee was absolutely amazing! She's incredibly supportive, easily accessible, invested in my care, not to mention genuinely authentic. Never dismissed any questions. She walked me through every scenario, what to expect next, etc. I honestly felt to at ease under her care. I knew I was in good hands...The clinic is known for mid-luteal protocol. We had a very good success with this...
All the team members [of Spring Fertility] we encountered were always so positive, authentic, caring...I never really had to wait more than 5 minutes for any of my appointments...[nurses were] Always answered my emails/calls within the same day, super informative, attentive, & helpful...The clinic is known for mid-luteal protocol....
How was your experience with Malinda Lee at Spring Fertility?
Dr Lee was absolutely amazing! She's incredibly supportive, easily accessible, invested in my care, not to mention genuinely authentic. Never dismissed any questions. She walked me through every scenario, what to expect next, etc. I honestly felt to at ease under her care. I knew I was in good hands. I think it helped that I had something to compare to as well - it was night and day. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor on my side
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Malinda Lee at Spring Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask any, and all questions. You have to be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Malinda Lee at Spring Fertility?
Dr Lee was warm, always welcomed all questions I had. When I had my first consultation with her, I automatically felt at ease. The only reason I swayed and chose my original RE was solely due to years of experience. I thought logically, it would make sense to choose my former clinic based on that. Dr. Lee was fairly new to Spring. Long story short, I didn't have the best experience with my first RE. I felt like I was a number. After my first egg retrieval I decided to switch. My first call back at Spring, the care team made themselves available in giving me everything I needed to know re the process of transfer process. Communication with Dr Lee and her care team was always seamless. Someone was always available to answer my questions via email or call.
Describe the protocols Malinda Lee used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
The clinic is known for mid-luteal protocol. We had a very good success with this. Had 15 follicles at baseline, ultimately, 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 8 blasts, total of 4 euploid. Dr. Lee changed my dosage as needed to synchronize the growth of each follicle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
Dr Lee's care team was great! There was a little mishap with my pharmacy and my brand only preference but other than that, everything was seamless. Both Jill & Natalie were a joy to work with. Always answered my emails/calls within the same day, super informative, attentive, & helpful.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The Sunnyvale location is fairly new but you couldn't tell the difference in their operations. Clean, modern, and very warm. All the team members we encountered were always so positive, authentic, caring. As the clinic is growing, there seems to be a new face/addition but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I never really had to wait more than 5 minutes for any of my appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Malinda Lee at Spring Fertility.
I have insurance coverage - didn't have had to deal with majority of the cost outside of deductible/OOP max
Malinda Lee

2021, 18 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Pasternak would tweak each retrieval based off of the past one to try and improve and get better results. This was done through trying new meds, timing the process differently, etc. I very much appreciated Dr. Pasternak using the data and learning from each past retrieval of mine to get better results for future ones...She is very personable and always made me feel comfortable and was very gentle...
The Nursing staff [at Spring Fertility] was incredible. Everyone is very friendly and personable and anytime I had any questions I was able to get support either via in person or over email and text with no issues...they were so well organized. I never had to wait once I arrived for my appointments and I appreciate their strict protocols in having patients verify their info for all ultrasounds and bloodwork...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak is a great doctor and I had a very positive experience with her during my egg freezing process. She is very personable and always made me feel comfortable and was very gentle. She has great bedside manners and would always take the time to explain things to me and address any questions or concerns I had. She would never rush my appointments or visits with her and she always continued to finding ways to improve and tweak each retrieval I had based on historical data and past cycles. I would highly recommend her and would love to see her in the future if I need any future treatments.
Don't hesitate to ask any and all questions or express any concerns you have. Dr. Pasternak is always willing to listen and address questions, etc. and will do so in a thorough and not rushed manner.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
The Nursing staff was incredible. Everyone is very friendly and personable and anytime I had any questions I was able to get support either via in person or over email and text with no issues.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I love Spring Fertility and so glad I decided to go with them. The clinic is top notch and I was very impressed. I loved how clean the clinic was, how everyone was very friendly, and how they were so well organized. I never had to wait once I arrived for my appointments and I appreciate their strict protocols in having patients verify their info for all ultrasounds and bloodwork. I also loved how they've a self-service portal to see your treatment calendar, messages, etc. and how they're always sending SMS alerts for appointment reminders, etc. I also really appreciated having a dedicated Patient Care coordinator so I could easily turn to anytime I had questions. Lastly, I loved how they had an orientation to learn how to inject medications and have tons of self-serve videos on their site too to reference.

Embryo Freezing
I appreciated Dr Tan's no-nonsense, action- and solution-oriented approach... Dr Tran was there for the most important parts - consultation and determining your protocol, egg retrieval, transfer procedures, and if you're lucky - your ultrasounds...We changed my protocol after the 1st and 2nd retrieval to ensure optimal results in the 3rd one. His approach is focused on data and sharing statistics...
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is modern, clean and welcoming. Appointments are always timely and efficient, regardless of how busy they get. The staff (Doctors and nurses) are well coordinated and competent so it really doesn't matter who exactly you see at each visit...Dr Tran is focused on results. His team is highly competent, detail oriented, on top of communications, and efficient. I appreciated how they managed expectations while being kind and accommodating....
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I appreciated Dr Tan's no-nonsense, action- and solution-oriented approach. Many online reviews complain that they saw Dr Tran a limited amount of time and instead mostly saw his team or NPs throughout their treatment. But Dr Tran was there for the most important parts - consultation and determining your protocol, egg retrieval, transfer procedures, and if you're lucky - your ultrasounds, and that mattered most to me. His team is well coordinated and the visits were always on time and super time-efficient. Dr Tran is clearly one of the best - the procedures were always quick, flawless and painless. He managed my expectations perfectly. We changed my protocol after the 1st and 2nd retrieval to ensure optimal results in the 3rd one. His approach is focused on data and sharing statistics, and that suited me - it normalized and grounded what could otherwise be an emotional rollercoaster of a journey.
Trust the process and Dr Tran's knowledge and experience. Sometimes you may not have all the details and that's ok.
We tried aygestin priming first, mid-lutheal second, and lastly - demi-halt which resulted in the most amount of viable eggs retrieved. We ended up with a total of 4 PGS-tested normal embryos. I just completed my 1st trimester of pregnancy after a single frozen embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is modern, clean and welcoming. Appointments are always timely and efficient, regardless of how busy they get. The staff (Doctors and nurses) are well coordinated and competent so it really doesn't matter who exactly you see at each visit.

2019 - 2021, Successful
I cannot recommend Dr. Klatsky highly enough! He never gave up on our case even when there were multiple setbacks...He was patient and empathetic throughout our treatment. He was open to changing protocols based on prior outcomes...He is up to date on current recommendations and treatment plans...He was open to a discussion but was clear about the limitations of small studies and why he advised against these
Strengths [of Spring Fertility]- Great providers (doctors and NPs), incredible embryologists, wonderful nurses and care coordinators...It feels like they are invested in a successful outcome from beginning to end...Weaknesses - Busy clinic. Sometimes it can be hard to get in for your appointment at your preferred time; however, they always tried to accommodate me as best they could.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
I cannot recommend Dr. Klatsky highly enough! He never gave up on our case even when there were multiple setbacks. He remained optimistic that we would have success even when we started to doubt it. He was patient and empathetic throughout our treatment. He was open to changing protocols based on prior outcomes. It felt like he was as invested in our success as we were.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Trust him. He is up to date on current recommendations and treatment plans. There were times when I wanted to try an add-on treatment if things weren't working but after we looked at the research together we decided against it. He was open to a discussion but was clear about the limitations of small studies and why he advised against these (cost, no clear difference in outcomes, etc.). In the end, the research based treatment protocol worked for us, we just needed to be patient and trust his instinct and years of experience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky went above and beyond to make me feel human during this difficult journey. He was patient and understanding of our emotional rollercoaster. He kept open lines of communication at all times and was open to different strategies if we did not have success with a prior protocol.
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Standard egg retrieval protocol (cannot recall specifics) For our embryo transfers we tried multiple protocols: 1. Frozen transfer, modified natural cycle with Letrozole 2. Frozen transfer with estrogen patches and Lupron 3. Fresh transfer after egg retrieval cycle 4. Frozen transfer with Letrozole + vaginal progesterone 5. Frozen transfer with Letrozole + vaginal progesterone 6. Frozen transfer w/ Estrogen patches, Cetrotide, and progesterone in oil
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nina)
The nurses and care coordinators at Spring are amazing! It feels like they are invested in a successful outcome from beginning to end. They are patient and great communicators!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths - Great providers (doctors and NPs), incredible embryologists, wonderful nurses and care coordinators. Weaknesses - Busy clinic. Sometimes it can be hard to get in for your appointment at your preferred time; however, they always tried to accommodate me as best they could.
Describe Peter Klatsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
He felt strongly about eSET

2020 - 2021, Successful
She took time to get to know myself & my husband. She understood I needed to have a plan a,b,&c...For both transfers of my day 3 embryos we transferred 2 the first time & 3 the second time..Dr. Vaughn & I talked a lot about this before making the decision & in the end she would share what she suggests but it was always my decision...I never felt rushed during our appointments & on the off times I was seen by the on call doctor she was always hands on & would check in
I have nothing but good things to say about spring. Their work just in teaching people about infertility to their 5 star treatment of all clients. There is no cookie cutter one process for all mentality. All the doctors are warm, welcoming, & work with you to find the right treatment. I also love that everything was in house. From consultation to procedures all at one location & close to home
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Vaughn was everything I would hope from a fertility doctor. She took time to get to know myself & my husband. She understood I needed to have a plan a,b,&c. Her team was quick to answer my questions & I never felt like I was as bothering her. I never felt rushed during our appointments & on the off times I was seen by the on call doctor she was always hands on & would check in. I never felt alone which to me is the most important.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
Never be afraid to ask questions & advocate for yourself
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Vaughn was there for me ever step but also was open & honest with me. Over the many rounds she knew I always wanted to talk next steps plan b & she would be honest when we weren’t there yet & when it was time.
Describe the protocols Sara Vaughn used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
This would be a novel if I went through all my cycles. Long story short, Dr. Vaughn & I used each cycle as a learning opportunity to see what my body responded to & what didn’t work. What I appreciated is that each cycle was it’s own no cookie cutter cycle each was based on where my body was at at that time & would try something new like adding supplements to help. Dr Vaughn helped me through each round every step of the way.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
They were soo helpful & always quick to answer my questions
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility.
I am lucky to have coverage through work. Dr.Vaughn understood my coverage & helped me use it to the best of my ability
Describe Sara Vaughn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
For both transfers of my day 3 embryos we transferred 2 the first time & 3 the second time. Due to the fact I had bad egg quality the chances of even one taking were low enough it was worth transferring more than one. Dr. Vaughn & I talked a lot about this before making the decision & in the end she would share what she suggests but it was always my decision
Sara Vaughn
2021, Successful
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is very inviting and very organized. Communication was very efficient, even around insurance and billing...very efficient and timely with each appointment...The nurses were phenomenal. I underestimated how complicated the drug administration would be, and they had top notch training and education sessions...They answered every question in a timely manner...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
My experience was wonderful. Dr. Pasternak has a great bedside manner, kept things light (even when they could be heavy) and was clear about what to expect. She was very helpful in making our upfront decision to pursue IVF instead of IUI. She let us know she would support either one but just have us candid facts about odds. And she helped us by always keeping our goals in kind - one more child as soon as possible. She was competent and empathetic and I felt supported and like we were being cheered on the whole time. That means a lot when you’re putting so much work into and have such high hopes.
Take advantage of the fact that she will give you candid advice. And ask questions - these clinics are busy and they can’t know how much to explain, but Dr. Pasternak always answered all my questions to the fullest. Always ask.
I felt like a human because we connected during my consults, and she was sympathetic in every way. She took time to answer my questions and to do so honestly. A good balance of realistic expectations and hope.
We did IVF right away. We did the egg retrieval, and protocol was normal. We did genetic testing of embryos due to to age, and thankful we did because 6 of our 7 embryos were abnormal. They helped us navigate that process with their genetic counseling partner and helped contextualize their feedback. We adjusted the timing of the protocol to make sure we had an understanding of what to expect. We had just one embryo, and she suggested we go forward with it - we only wanted one more child, it only takes one embryo, and she said she saw no reason I wouldn’t have the best odds to be successful (versus doing another round of egg retrieval). We discussed what options there were if it didn’t work. Ultimately, we moved forward, and I am currently 20 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rayney Dodge)
The nurses were phenomenal. I underestimated how complicated the drug administration would be, and they had top notch training and education sessions, all remote. I was very impressed and it made such a huge difference in treatment and confidence. I did make a mistake in meds, and they were responsive, supportive, and reassuring. They answered every question in a timely manner (and I had a lot!) and appreciated that there was a team to cover in case anyone was out. It surpassed all my expectations.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is very inviting and very organized. Communication was very efficient, even around insurance and billing (a couple placated topic even if you have great insurance and benefits) and very efficient and timely with each appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
Monitoring needed to jags leeches timing by its nature, but they are open seven days a week and they always gave as much advanced notice as possible for ease of scheduling. I always wanted early mornings and they always could accommodate.
San Francisco

Dr. Klatsky is warm and meets each patient where they are. E.g., early on I wanted to leave most things up to him, but as we progressed I got more involved in the data. He is warm and compassionate, and has a quirky sense of humor...he will be candid and forthright...Mid-luteal cycle start for my second cycle as I responded poorly at the first retrieval...is kind, patient, and thorough...He followed up with me when the number of eggs retrieved at my first retrieval was not what we were expecting, with a commitment to figure out what was going on.
Spring is a nice clinic. I appreciate that it felt almost spa-like. For people with grueling work schedules, they are able to see you early morning (e.g., 7 am), and it runs like clockwork at that time. The receptionists are nice and remember your name/face. The early morning flexibility with appointments and the concierge-like service was the most important factor for me in choosing Spring vs. UCSF...Catherine is my patient coordinator, and she is absolutely wonderful in every way. I used to send long lists of questions at the beginning, and she never handled them with anything other than good cheer, a high degree of competence, and utter professionalism. I’m sure her case load must be high, but she is amazing at her job. I feel lucky to be working with her, given how on top of everything she is all the time.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Come armed with knowledge, or as you are - he will be candid and forthright.
Dr. Klatsky is kind, patient, and thorough. He meets everyone where they are - e.g., if you just want the data/facts he’ll do that. But he also cares. He followed up with me when the number of eggs retrieved at my first retrieval was not what we were expecting, with a commitment to figure out what was going on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Catherine Lange )
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility.
It’s all covered by my company’s insurance.
N/A; haven’t transferred yet

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Harris took the time to explain the process, set clear expectation backed by research numbers and explained the risks. I've done my research before the consultation and asked a lot of questions - he was warm and patient, willing to pause to explain/elaborate on what he said and let me take the time to take notes and digest the information...always greeted me with a warm smile and is able to articulate the results and decision to me in a thorough manner.
My [Spring Fertility] nurse of very thorough with her response when she reaches out. However, sometimes it takes longer than I would expect to get a response, I've gotten responses ranging from 12 hours to 5 days...Strengths: Clean, organized clinic with professional staff and doctors. Very speedy and timely from an operational standpoint which I truly appreciate during the phase where I needed to come in every other day for blood drawn. I also want to mention Spring's Financial Counselor. She has been extremely responsive, thorough and helpful in addressing any finance related problems I ran into
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Harris took the time to explain the process, set clear expectation backed by research numbers and explained the risks. I've done my research before the consultation and asked a lot of questions - he was warm and patient, willing to pause to explain/elaborate on what he said and let me take the time to take notes and digest the information. As a person who really need to understand the data behind the decision to feel comfortable with the process, I really appreciate the time he took.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
It's a good idea to attend Spring's workshop to get an idea of the process; do your research and bring your questions/concerns to the consultation. Take the time you need to feel comfortable and understand the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Harris was warm and personable - always greeted me with a warm smile and is able to articulate the results and decision to me in a thorough manner.
Describe the protocols Isiah Harris used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Injections with Gonal-F, menopur, and trigger shots. I never had any negative reactions to the drugs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
My nurse of very thorough with her response when she reaches out. However, sometimes it takes longer than I would expect to get a response, I've gotten responses ranging from 12 hours to 5 days.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Clean, organized clinic with professional staff and doctors. Very speedy and timely from an operational standpoint which I truly appreciate during the phase where I needed to come in every other day for blood drawn. I also want to mention Priscilla, Spring's Financial Counselor. She has been extremely responsive, thorough and helpful in addressing any finance related problems I ran into. Weaknesses: I would love to have better expectation set from a communication perspective.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
It was very efficient and easy to schedule monitoring appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility.
~21k

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Strengths: I chose this clinic [Spring Fertility] based on recommendations from friends (high NPS) and also because they have a reputation of having really good embryologists. Given I have few follicles, I knew that having the best people working in the lab would be really important for me to ensure I could have best possible results from the few eggs we could get. The clinic is working to be patient centric and I have seen an even greater focus on that since I have been a patient.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky is very passionate about fertility preservation and helping individuals and couples achieve their family building goals. I was a very interesting case for him as I have a genetic mutation on Fragile X that impacts my fertility and that was a big surprise for all of us. We've been working to create an insurance policy for me should I experience early menopause. Initially I was very frustrated and felt sold to, but have now come to like having Dr. Klatsky as my doctor. I realize he just really believes in the work he does, but do recommend that you help ensure he knows if you are just looking for information instead of treatment in your first consult.
He is very knowledgable and cares about making sure you achieve your plans. That said, if you are not sure about whether you want to do treatment, make sure you say that up front in a consult since he may assume you came and are planning procedures.
First retrieval - July 2019: did high stimulation protocol. I had 6 follicles so we debated doing high stim (a more typical cycle) vs low stim. He decided to go for high stim. Unfortunately, we ended up with nothing. 11 eggs retrieved, 5 were mature, 4 fertilized, 3 made it to day 3, 1 made it to embryo, did genetic testing and it was not genetically viable. 2nd retrieval - March 2020: Did low stim protocol. Primed with estrogen and then used Gonal-F and Menopur for about 2 weeks at a lower dose than before. Got 6 eggs. 5 were mature. 4 fertilized, all 4 made it to embryo stage. Did genetic testing and 3 viable embryos as a result. We were really happy with this outcome, given my number of follicles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey McKinnon as Coordinator and Laurel as Nurse)
The care coordinator, Kelsey, at Spring is a great communicator and makes herself available to answer questions. Laurel, my nurse was great too.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: I chose this clinic based on recommendations from friends (high NPS) and also because they have a reputation of having really good embryologists. Given I have few follicles, I knew that having the best people working in the lab would be really important for me to ensure I could have best possible results from the few eggs we could get. The clinic is working to be patient centric and I have seen an even greater focus on that since I have been a patient.
1st embryo preservation round: ~$25,000 including medications for one round (paid for meds through Spring) 2nd round: Low stim round: ~$13,000 and then paid for meds separately (maybe another $3,000 to Alto Pharmacy)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
I got incorrect information after my first genetic test. They corrected and set up a meeting for me to chat with the doctor when we realized they hadn't explained a certain genetic carrier status in the correct context, but I was upset about that, initially.
San Francisco

Dr. Harris is the nicest, most empathetic doctor I have ever had. Even with a mask on his smile is contagious. He has so much positive energy which helped me get through everything. He was not excessively optimistic. He helped me to set reasonable or even a little bit low expectations so that I could be prepared for various things that could happen. He took time to answer all the questions I threw at him. It is on you to ask questions though if you are interested in non-essential things. I was amazed how well he kept track of my case while also taking care of many other patients.
All of the nurses that took care of me [at Spring Fertility] were amazing and so nice. I emailed Aubrey so many questions everyday and she was so patient and compassionate and helpful. The nurses in the Redwood City clinic and surgical nurses in SF were great. I couldn't ask for a better team. Both of my cycles were during the COVID lockdown and I still felt like everyone was so warm and professional. No one asked me to write a review, I just had such a good experience with Dr. Harris and the clinic overall that I wanted to say thank you to these awesome heroes!
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Harris is super nice. He is also very experienced and sharp. He has a compassionate nature and a good sense of humor. He also helped someone else I know and she said he was amazing with her as well through a long IVF journey.
I think choosing a doctor is personal so you might want to do a consultation with a couple of doctors and then choose which one you felt best with. If you work with Dr. Harris or any doctor I'd say make sure to do some research on IVF so that you can know what questions to ask. Write down your questions and don't hesitate to ask them to your doctor and nurses.
First cycle we did a follicular protocol with Aygestin and ten days of Gonal and Menopur with great results. Second cycle we did a midluteal protocol where you start 5 days after ovulation and twelve days of Gonal and Menopur with even better results. The doctor said he wished he could take credit but there is some randomness in how many follicles your body has each month so unclear how much the protocol helped but I was very happy he could make adjustments based on my first cycle to create a better second cycle and that he was humble about it and how well it worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Aubrey Baker)
All of the nurses that took care of me were amazing and so nice. I emailed Aubrey so many questions everyday and she was so patient and compassionate and helpful. The nurses in the Redwood City clinic and surgical nurses in SF were great. I couldn't ask for a better team. Both of my cycles were during the COVID lockdown and I still felt like everyone was so warm and professional. No one asked me to write a review, I just had such a good experience with Dr. Harris and the clinic overall that I wanted to say thank you to these awesome heroes!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring does a lot of little things that are very nice like letting you email your nurse. They also have a great website with videos about everything including how to do all the shots. They spoiled me with things like they gave me a small box of chocolate when I finished my retrievals. Their clinics are nice and clean and nicely decorated. For me I am near Redwood City so it was not ideal I had to go to SF for weekend appointments and retrieval but it was worth it to me. Since I did have appointments on weekends and on two holidays I ended up seeing some different doctors (Dr. Tran, Dr. Fisher and NP Audrey Krall) but I felt like they very cohesively communicated my case and my instructions with Dr. Harris and my nurse Aubrey Baker. I got a lot of phone calls before and after the retrieval to make sure my questions were answered. They all make up a great team. I think with any clinic you do have to realize that you need to be informed and not expect the nurses or doctors will totally hold your hand on everything. You need to educate yourself about your body, IVF, risks, statistics and options and ask them lots of questions. Keep low/reasonable expectations for everything to minimize bad surprises or disappointment. It is very hard to predict your outcome and the doctors are trying their best but you need to advocate for yourself and raise any concerns. I advise creating a document or notebook for yourself with your plan, your options, your risks, your questions just like you might do for a work project. I recommend therapy or a support group as needed. Part of your plan should be how you will handle all the uncertainty in this process through things like music, art, meditation, friends, movies, time off, baking, etc. It is very hard on your body and your mind.
Redwood City

Mel [nurse at Spring Fertility] was always easy to get ahold of and answered all of my questions. She is also super kind and supportive...Mid-luteal protocol. Apparently Spring has had a lot of success with this protocol, I had not heard of it prior to my treatment at this clinic, and I have to say, I am very happy with it...8 embryos made it to day 5 and of those, five were euploid...For the retrieval, it was approximately $18,000. For transfer, approximately $5-$6,000.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher was the second reproductive endocrinologist I treated with over the course of about a year. I came to him very disheartened by my prior experience - both in the results and the relationship with my prior clinic and provider. Dr. Fisher was very different in every aspect from my prior experience. From the initial visit, he went through different protocols we could try during this egg retrieval to see if we could get better results, he took significant time explaining his thinking, he spent an enormous amount of time explaining medicine to me and assuring me when I was nervous. Dr. Fisher truly cares about his patients, I have not encountered this kind of care routinely and I will always be appreciative.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, Dr. Fisher will take the time to explain until you understand.
Putting aside specifically the treatment many women receive during fertility treatment where they are often treated as a number, Dr. Fisher is just a genuine person. Every interaction with Dr. Fisher it was clear that he not only cared about you as his patient, but that you were an individual and he was thinking of you individually and not as one of many. This was apparent from our countless conversations leading up to the egg retrieval but in also how he thought of my care, it was individualized and not a set protocol used on each women. His bedside manner is A+++.
Mid-luteal protocol. Apparently Spring has had a lot of success with this protocol, I had not heard of it prior to my treatment at this clinic, and I have to say, I am very happy with it. At the prior clinic I treated with, I underwent the antagonist protocol and the same amount of eggs were retrieved as at Spring (in the 20s). But the prior clinic, I only ended up with one embryo after PGS testing (3 were tested but only one was euploid. At Spring, 8 embryos made it to day 5 and of those, five were euploid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mel)
Mel was always easy to get ahold of and answered all of my questions. She is also super kind and supportive.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Over the course of my treatment, I met almost every provider. It was nice to be able to know each doctor personally. However, I could always choose to see Dr. Fisher for all procedures (except the egg retrieval which is more time-sensitive) but felt comfortable with the skills of all the doctors at the clinic.
All of my costs were unfortunately out-of-pocket as Spring does not accept United Healthcare. For the retrieval, it was approximately $18,000. For transfer, approximately $5-$6,000.
Dr. Fisher strongly recommended single embryo transfer and I agreed.

2020, 8 Eggs Frozen
He also put me to ease with some of my initial questions and concerns. During my initial ultrasound, Dr. Harris expressed his expectations clearly and was more than willing to explain things further when I asked. All in all, we were able to retrieve and freeze exactly the number of eggs he anticipated and on the timeline I had aimed for...
[Spring Fertility] Strengths: Spring is a well-oiled machine. I never waited more than 2 minutes to be seen and everything was extremely organized and thought through ahead of time. Most of my appointments took place at 7am, which worked very well for my schedule. I loved that I didn't have to work through an intense phone tree when I called the main line to speak with someone
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
I absolutely enjoyed working with Dr. Harris! From the first time we met (he came out to the waiting room to greet me himself and even behind the mask, I could tell he had the biggest smile) I felt like he was just as excited for my journey as I was. He also put me to ease with some of my initial questions and concerns. During my initial ultrasound, Dr. Harris expressed his expectations clearly and was more than willing to explain things further when I asked. All in all, we were able to retrieve and freeze exactly the number of eggs he anticipated and on the timeline I had aimed for.
Dr. Harris has a wealth of knowledge - I recommend you come to each appointment with your questions ahead of time so you make sure they're all covered!
From my first call to my follow up consultation with Dr. Harris, each person I spoke with at Spring displayed nothing but empathy and authentic dedication to helping me with my egg freezing journey.
I had told Dr. Harris about my timeline to complete the egg freezing cycle - which was short - and he was very willing to be flexible with me. I really appreciated that he spent the time to make sure I understood the pros and cons of working within my timeline, which helped me make an informed decision about next steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
Beth is an absolute ROCK STAR. I had so many questions as I was beginning the injection series and Beth was so patient, understanding, and genuinely helpful in making sure I felt comfortable every step of the way. On two occasions, I e-mailed her over a weekend with a question and she gave me a phone call within 15 minutes each time to answer my questions. This level of support was absolutely above and beyond! Beth really helped me feel confident throughout the treatment cycle.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Spring is a well-oiled machine. I never waited more than 2 minutes to be seen and everything was extremely organized and thought through ahead of time. Most of my appointments took place at 7am, which worked very well for my schedule. I loved that I didn't have to work through an intense phone tree when I called the main line to speak with someone. Weaknesses: Truthfully, I can't think of any. I had a lot of trouble with the routine blood work during every visit, however this is mainly due to my body not cooperating with me and not the fault of the medical assistants. Ultimately, I went into this experience with someone tepid expectations and Spring blew me away on all fronts.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
A few vials of blood from my initial bloodwork clotted and I had to go in for another blood draw.