905 San Ramon Valley Blvd
Mountain View (closed)
2490 Hospital Dr
Mountain View, CA 94040

2022, 13 Eggs Frozen
Dr Shastri went through all the possible causes with me, developed a treatment plan accordingly, and the one round I’ve done with her so far got me more frozen eggs than both my previous rounds combined...We did Estrace priming instead of the birth control pill leading up to this round to avoid over-suppressing my ovaries, but I also just felt so much better on it - I do not do well on BCPs. We used Gonal-F & Menopur once a day in similar but slightly lower doses than I’d used in the past, and one thing I thought was interesting was we tapered off the amounts as the cycle progressed
Having a care coordinator [at Spring Fertility] was a HUGE improvement from past experience. This process is very dynamic and things change from day to day, so it was really nice to have just one point person I could call/email with questions instead of talking to someone different every time, especially since she was super organized and always quick to respond....
How was your experience with Shefali Shastri at Spring Fertility?
Such a great experience and I would be thrilled to work with her again. I had two rounds previously with another RE that were successful, but didn’t get nearly the numbers that my AFC indicated. Dr Shastri went through all the possible causes with me, developed a treatment plan accordingly, and the one round I’ve done with her so far got me more frozen eggs than both my previous rounds combined!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shefali Shastri at Spring Fertility?
I don’t think you really need advice, she’s very welcoming of questions and just great to work with
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shefali Shastri at Spring Fertility?
I had consultations with several REs when deciding where to go for round 3, and even on a video call Dr Shastri’s passion for her work and concern for individual patients really comes across!
Describe the protocols Shefali Shastri used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
We did Estrace priming instead of the birth control pill leading up to this round to avoid over-suppressing my ovaries, but I also just felt so much better on it - I do not do well on BCPs. We used Gonal-F & Menopur once a day in similar but slightly lower doses than I’d used in the past, and one thing I thought was interesting was we tapered off the amounts as the cycle progressed. (I’m not a doctor but even I could tell from looking at the ultrasound screen that my follicles grew a lot more uniformly in size this time around.) Then Cetrotide and a Lupron + low-dose HCG trigger. And voila!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
Having a care coordinator was a HUGE improvement from past experience. This process is very dynamic and things change from day to day, so it was really nice to have just one point person I could call/email with questions instead of talking to someone different every time, especially since she was super organized and always quick to respond.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I will probably do one more round of egg freezing at some point and I will definitely come back here for it. I’m not local to NYC, so I was really nervous about flying across the country to stay in a hotel and have a procedure under general anesthesia in a facility I’d never even heard of before I started this whole process 😂 but the experience and the results were TOTALLY worth it.
Shefali Shastri

2021 - 2022, Successful
She [Dr. Pasternak] was kind and showed a high level of emotional intelligence, while also being realistic and clear about the IVF processes and chances for success...a great combination of caring and scientifically competent...her approach was far more holistic and she did not make any recommendations until we had a long meeting where she got to know me, my husband, and our goals, and had done preliminary bloodwork. Throughout the process Dr. Pasternak was in touch with us and she was the one doing the main procedures - the retrievals and the transfer
They [nurses at Spring Fertility] were always prompt in answering questions and providing updates on my protocol. Spring really is a well-oiled machine. Also, HUGE shout out to Dr. Pasternak's NP, Audrey. I saw Audrey for many monitoring appointments and she is incredibly kind and caring...Spring is a very concierge clinic - you always feel well taken care of and paid attention to...sometimes the monitoring appointments felt a bit rote - you're in and out. But that's going to be the case anywhere and frankly is respectful to the time of working individuals.
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak was the second doctor that we consulted regarding fertility treatments. I felt that the first was pushing IVF on us and kept referencing our "great insurance coverage," which made me feel like I couldn't trust the advice simply because the clinic wanted business. While Dr. Pasternak's conclusion on a treatment plan was the same as the first doctor - i.e. go straight to IVF - her approach was far more holistic and she did not make any recommendations until we had a long meeting where she got to know me, my husband, and our goals, and had done preliminary bloodwork. Throughout the process Dr. Pasternak was in touch with us and she was the one doing the main procedures - the retrievals and the transfer. Her ability to explain how the process worked, what she was looking for in my monitoring appointments, and the odds of success helped demystify the process. I am now at the end of my first trimester following our first frozen embryo transfer and have officially "graduated" from Spring. My only sadness is that I wish Dr. Pasternak could be my OB as well!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Don't be scared to ask questions. Dr. Pasternak is very patient and takes the time to answer all questions. During the first of my two egg retrievals I felt that my monitoring appointments were fairly quick and I didn't fully understand what the doctor was looking for but at the same time, I didn't ask! I became more assertive during the second round and felt that I understood the process better. People going through IVF often go through multiple rounds and the doctors/nurses may not always remember that you may be in the dark about things, so remember to speak up.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Bedside manner is extremely important to me and the first doctor I saw simply did not have the ability to connect that I needed. Dr. Pasternak was the perfect fit right from the start. She was kind and showed a high level of emotional intelligence, while also being realistic and clear about the IVF processes and chances for success. Too often it's a blunt and competent doctor or someone who is kind but perhaps not straightforward and Dr. Pasternak is a great combination of caring and scientifically competent.
Describe the protocols Monica Pasternak used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I underwent two egg retrievals with what i believe is a fairly traditional protocol. Before injections I took birth control for a few days then had my baseline ultrasound. Did hormone injections of Gonal-F and Menopur. Added a third injection closer to trigger. They tell you that injections can last between 10-14 days. Both of mine were on the longer end. Then did the egg retrieval followed by freezing and PGA testing. The first round we retrieved 5 eggs, 3 made it to the blastocyst stage, and 1 was genetically normal. In the second round we retrieved 8 eggs, 5 made it to the blastocyst stage, and 3 were genetically normal. I did a frozen embryo transfer in January 2022, which was successful and am currently at the end of my first trimester.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dana/Emily)
Dana and Emily were the two nurses that I interacted with the most on Dr. Pasternak's team. Because my retrievals occurred during COVID, I think they were off-site often so most of our communication was through email and Spring's patient portal. They were always prompt in answering questions and providing updates on my protocol. Spring really is a well-oiled machine. Also, HUGE shout out to Dr. Pasternak's NP, Audrey. I saw Audrey for many monitoring appointments and she is incredibly kind and caring. I looked forward to getting to catch up with her during my appointments.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring is a very concierge clinic - you always feel well taken care of and paid attention to. If anything, I feel a bit spoiled and am concerned that the level of care that i'll receive during my pregnancy may not live up to the same level of service I've been used to during the fertility process. In order to provide that level of service, they are pricey, but do accept insurance. Can't really think of many weaknesses - only thing I'd say is that sometimes the monitoring appointments felt a bit rote - you're in and out. But that's going to be the case anywhere and frankly is respectful to the time of working individuals.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility.
I am fortunate to have great insurance though my husband's workplace that covered the vast majority of the costs of my treatments. Because of that I can't say that the cost associated with the procedures/medications were, but I know it's a fairly heavy amount (not unique to Spring, just how fertility treatments are anywhere).
Describe Monica Pasternak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
I believe that Dr. Pasternak and Spring only do single embryo transfers. That's what I presumed my husband and I would do anyways.

2021 - 2022, 6 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Kim was warm, addressed both me and my partner during the initial consultation, recognized my life context during the egg freezing process and asked about / worked with my scheduling constraints...easy to get in contact with throughout my treatment. When things did not go as planned, she explained the adjustments she recommended and the rationale for them. She has a great bedside manner...
Communication from the care team [at Spring Fertility] was always very clear, whether over email or over the phone. They were also very helpful when I had question...Nice clinic, spacious rooms, exam rooms all have a large screen in front of the exam table that projects the ultrasound so that you can see what the doctor sees. The clinic is well organized and well run.
How was your experience with Julia Kim at Spring Fertility?
My experience with Dr. Kim was great. She took the time to answer all my questions thoughtfully, and was easy to get in contact with throughout my treatment. When things did not go as planned, she explained the adjustments she recommended and the rationale for them. She has a great bedside manner, and addressed both me and my partner during my initial consultation, which I appreciated. When I had questions about family planning with a same sex partner, she was very knowledgeable and I felt very comfortable asking her these questions. She did all but one of my ultrasounds and came in on her weekend off to do my retrieval. Overall a great experience!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julia Kim at Spring Fertility?
Your care team can help answer questions you might have, and you can always let them know you would like to speak with Dr. Kim if you have additional questions so they can book you a phone visit with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julia Kim at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Julia Kim used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Had a luteal phase, progesterone priming, then down regulation cycle with an agonist. Each time there was a change in approach, Dr. Kim discussed the rationale and why she recommended it, which was very helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Bridget )
Communication from the care team was always very clear, whether over email or over the phone. They were also very helpful when I had question. I once sent an email after hours with a question about medications, expecting it wouldn't be answered right away, and my patient navigator Catherine sent me a reply because she was still in the office and wanted to make sure I was informed before taking my medication that night!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julia Kim at Spring Fertility.
$8,750 for an egg freezing cycle
Julia Kim

2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Tran is a great doctor. He doesn't sugar coat things or tell you what you may want to hear but he was the most upfront and straightforward IVF doctor I worked with. I appreciated that because after a while you just want to know what you're dealing with and if there is even a chance...[he] used a "demi halt" protocol. It involved priming with Lupron for about two weeks, then going in for monitoring when day 1 of my cycle started. At that point I then started the stimulation medications: Gonal F, Menopur, Omnitrope
Spring is very good about calling on the promised days after egg retrieval to give you an update on the embryos and their progression...The nurses were sweet and I felt well cared for during the monitoring and the egg retrieval...One weakness I found with Spring was their billing department would email me a month or so after we had completed the treatment with surprise bills that weren't included in what we thought was our final bill.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran is a great doctor. He doesn't sugar coat things or tell you what you may want to hear but he was the most upfront and straightforward IVF doctor I worked with. I appreciated that because after a while you just want to know what you're dealing with and if there is even a chance. I know of a few ladies who have worked with him who are in their late 30s and early 40s who have had success and that is why I decided to go to him for IVF my third round.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Ask all of your questions whenever you have time with him. He's super busy as any sought after doctor would be. Write them down ahead of time and ask them when you are at the consult or when he's at your monitoring appointment. His team is available via email but it's always best to get the info straight from him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I felt like I was not treated just as a mere number. But I also wasn't receiving tons of time, which is understandable. This is the third clinic I have been to and they all operate similarly. Doctors and nurses are busy with patients and you only get the amount of time you get.
Describe the protocols Nam Tran used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Tran used a "demi halt" protocol. It involved priming with Lupron for about two weeks, then going in for monitoring when day 1 of my cycle started. At that point I then started the stimulation medications: Gonal F, Menopur, Omnitrope
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is good. I think the provider and feeling confident in the provider's abilities are key. Once you feel good about your doctor, most everything else is additional. One weakness I found with Spring was their billing department would email me a month or so after we had completed the treatment with surprise bills that weren't included in what we thought was our final bill. This happened twice. The first time, I was frustrated but fine with it. The second time, I felt like they should have gotten it together.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at Spring Fertility.
I don't have fertility benefits. All in for one egg retrieval cycle I probably paid about 18k-20k. That included the medication package.
Describe Nam Tran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
Spring is very good about calling on the promised days after egg retrieval to give you an update on the embryos and their progression. One time during the very last day (day 6 I believe) we were waiting for critical information and usually the nurse called by a certain time. That time passed and the clinic was closed so I called and left a voicemail. Luckily she called me back not long after.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
For our second round of retrieval, Dr Fisher hastened the taper of some of the medications, as the first round saw an unexpected jump in follicle size from one ultrasound to the next...[he] is very positive, he maintains a sunny disposition, even while cautioning about potential negative outcomes. If anything, sometimes we wished he was upfront about our results, if they were negative in someway.
[the Spring Fertility] Clinic is excellent with doctor patient communication. Most sessions are with your assigned physicians and the doctors are very easy to reach by phone. The nursing staff varied in level of experience, but for the most part were very good. Less experienced nurses seemed to have less pivotal/demanding roles...Medication fees, procedure fees- each ivf session from start ot extraction cost around 18k.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fischer is very positive, he maintains a sunny disposition, even while cautioning about potential negative outcomes. If anything, sometimes we wished he was upfront about our results, if they were negative in someway. We were concerned he might be adding a positive spin to a negative outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher is an excellent doctor, feel free to ask him direct questions relating to your procedures/outcomes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fischer has been energetic in conversation and engaging through all our interactions with him.
Describe the protocols Thomas Fisher used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
There was one miscommunication we had with a scheduling nurse . Their blood draw nurse was clearly very new to the profession. Things were otherwise professional, well run
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
We had one miscommunication regarding an appointment time - this was rectified and didn't happen again with later appointments

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Dovey is simply the best. Straightforward, calm, logical. I never felt rushed or that she didn't have the patience or time to explain something to me or answer a question...the most remarkable part for me was that I had virtually no pain after both retrievals which I attribute to her skills as a surgeon...approx. two weeks of injectables at decreasing amounts over the two week period, then trigger shot and retrieval. I had monitoring appointments every other day to two days....
Spring was professional and organized -- everything you would want in a healthcare experience. I was concerned my work schedule and treatment schedule would clash, but with early AM appointments, there was almost never scheduling conflicts, making the entire experience that much more seamless and easy...[nurses were] Professional, organized and efficient.
How was your experience with Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility?
As mentioned previously, it is clear Dr. Dovey is exceptional at what she does. I think the most remarkable part for me was that I had virtually no pain after both retrievals which I attribute to her skills as a surgeon.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility?
Always feel free to ask questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Serena Dovey used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
For each retrieval cycle I was on approx. two weeks of injectables at decreasing amounts over the two week period, then trigger shot and retrieval. I had monitoring appointments every other day to two days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Jensen)
Professional, organized and efficient.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility.
Describe Serena Dovey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Serena Dovey

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Fisher truly loves his job and it shows!...can recite a study to back any of his decisions...allowed me to be an advocate for myself and helped me navigate my questions and concerns and would make changes based on our discussions...When we got our PGT results back he was so excited that he called me personally with my whole team on speaker phone...Him and his team made me want to come in because it felt so warm and inviting.
When we got our PGT results back [Dr. Fisher] was so excited that he called me personally with my whole team [at Spring Fertility] on speaker phone...Him and his team made me want to come in because it felt so warm and inviting...I loved that I received a call from a nurse after every appointment and that they checked in on me after my procedures...I always received prompt professional answers, and always felt like the only person they were treating.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr Fisher truly loves his job and it shows! He always comes in with a positive upbeat attitude. He can recite a study to back any of his decisions. He allowed me to be an advocate for myself and helped me navigate my questions and concerns and would make changes based on our discussions. He was patient when I had ten million questions and wanted to know why for everything. One of the things that made me respect him the most, however, was how highly his staff talked about him. They would tell me how they learned so much from him from his in-service classes he taught weekly. How he really wanted them to have the knowledge and love what they did, and he did so in a fun and interesting way. All of that could be seen as a patient as well. We could not have been in better hands!
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Dr Fisher is very personable and always had something to talk about relating to past conversations or about his own personal life. He explained everything in depth and then was always really patient knowing I would have a million questions. Looking back he could have told me to ask the nurse, but he answered them himself. When we got our PGT results back he was so excited that he called me personally with my whole team on speaker phone. He was always upbeat and excited to be at work. Him and his team made me want to come in because it felt so warm and inviting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nurse- Melissa Care Coord. - Shelby)
I loved that I received a call from a nurse after every appointment and that they checked in on me after my procedures. I spoke to random nurses and rarely my own nurse. However, my Care Coordinator was always available, always coming in to cheer me on, and even held my hand when I got sick after my saline sonogram. Anything I needed she was always on top of it!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I was seen at both Danville and Oakland and I was impressed with every single person I came in contact with. Everyone was always friendly, upbeat, and generally happy to see you/be at work. I always received prompt professional answers, and always felt like the only person they were treating. There is not one single negative to report.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
I’m not sure if it was due to the pandemic and trying to keep people from waiting in the waiting room together, but I never saw any other patients in the Danville or Oakland office for monitoring. I was always 5-10 minutes early and in my car about 5-10 minutes after my appointment. I was seen quickly with all my questions answered. And not once did I feel rushed to get in or to get out. I was monitored twice by other doctors because it was Dr Fisher’s day off. I must say, his way of explaining the monitoring process and giving exact detail was much better than the other two. The other two told me to ask the nurse when they called in the evening. It wasn’t rude, just that it was the nurses job.

2020 - 2021, Successful
I know I want kids in the future and therefore was contemplating egg freezing. Dr. Fisher never made me feel like he was selling the idea of egg freezing and rather me provided with facts and data...always explained what was happening and provided next steps so I knew what to expect...created a sense of trust and removed much anxiety which is important as a patient.
[Spring Fertility was] Extremely clean and comfortable...[nurse] was very quick to respond, clearly communicated all instructions and would answer (or get answers) to all my questions. Her responsiveness ensured I felt like I could rely on her... the billing team was not as organized or responsive...Right now I am resolving an issue with them where a third party billed me for more than what I was told my maximum bill would be.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher is incredibly knowledgable and patient making him very easy and great to work with. I saw Dr. Fisher about freezing eggs and embryos and from the onset always felt like he shared his knowledge of fertility which allowed me to make educated decisions. I was 32 turning 33 when I first saw Dr. Fisher about egg freezing. I know I want kids in the future and therefore was contemplating egg freezing. Dr. Fisher never made me feel like he was selling the idea of egg freezing and rather me provided with facts and data. It was because of this that I chose to do egg freezing with Dr. Fisher. There are some Drs. who gave me the impression that were selling me the service as it was must do however Dr. Fisher never did that. He kept to facts and when asked his opinion to stuck to facts such as 'typically egg quality is like x during y, and then will be z during a". This made me feel like I wasn't getting sold something but rather had a Dr. who kept to the science which I greatly appreciate. I could also get a sense that he cared for his patients and he always took the time to answer questions. I left our initial consultation feeling like I had a better idea of female fertility and reasons why but did not feel like I had to freeze my eggs at that exact moment. I chose to however for personal reasons of knowing that if I was going to in the future anyway why not now especially having found a Dr. i liked working with. During my egg freezing Dr. Fisher always explained what was happening and provided next steps so I knew what to expect, what was happening and why, and what was to come which created a sense of trust and removed much anxiety which is important as a patient. Dr. Fisher monitored my progress throughout my egg freezing process.
Don't hesitate to ask questions
Walking through the process and the procedure and though data was shared it was provided to give me insight as a patient and to understand the data on egg freezing and embryo freezing. They also walked me through what it is my body is doing throughout the process which felt very human to me and I found it extremely educational. Dr Fisher also walked me through female fertility during your thirties and forties and I felt like a human as he explained what happens to a human body and used this information to help me understand my body and the process. He would separate presenting data to where I am and therefore I felt a lot like a human.
My treatment strategies and protocol was to track my ovulation as I had gone off birth control (my own choice) ahead of egg freezing. Since my amh levels came back normal (higher than average) and my initial consultation showed regular follicle count I was to use gonal f and menopur during the monitoring phase as we began the egg freezing process. Right from the beginning I was told at what time of day to test for ovulation and to immediately call/advise the clinic when I got a positive. Since this was during Covid the clinic also did covid tests ahead of treatment which I greatly appreciated given I was paying for this myself. Once I got a positive they booked me an appointment for a blood draw (I think the day after possibly) and since blood draws were in the morning they could get results by afternoon and provide us with our protocol. I was then given clear instructions both via a calendar, a web portal and a phone call by a nurse of what to do for the next few days. I started off with gonal f and menopur and would go in every 2-3 days for monitoring to begin with. Closer to my retrieval I went in every day and my dosage changed a little which again was communicated via a shared calendar, a web portal, and a phone call. They also did injection trainings ahead of this so I felt as well prepared as i could have been having never injected myself before. On the day of my trigger, because one of hormones was high I did not have to use two medications to trigger but one. The nurse had called me the day before to give me the exact time I was going to trigger and to walk me through exactly which medications to use, how to do the dosage and was very clear on the importance of timing. They recommended getting the injections prepped a little before the actual trigger keeping in mind the need to refrigerate one of the medications. The anesthesiologist also called me the early evening before the retrieval so I knew waht to do in terms of food and drink.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mel )
Mel was my primary nurse and she was very quick to respond, clearly communicated all instructions and would answer (or get answers) to all my questions. Her responsiveness ensured I felt like I could rely on her. She was very clear with instructions and was patient with me as I would repeat them back to her as I this was my first time. The nursing staff at Spring overall were all very friendly and very caring. My care coordinator was also very responsive and also always answered (or found answers to my questions). They were great to work with. During the day of my egg retrieval the nurses (and entire team) were all very caring, patient, and it was comforting to be under their care.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths - definitely felt like state of the art equipment especially during the egg retrieval and also seeing the embryologists work in SF made I was visually able to see the state of the art facilities. Extremely clean and comfortable and I could tell all the nurses and drs were extremely professional while also kind and caring. The extra touches such as the sparkling water and snacks/chocolates was definitely a plus. Though for me what is most important is the knowledge and professional of the team which was a 10/10 and the healthcare equipment which was also a 10/10. Weaknesses - the billing team was not as organized or responsive. Sometimes I had to follow up with the billing team on certain questions and one time I was told I had an outstanding payment when I did not. Right now I am resolving an issue with them where a third party billed me for more than what I was told my maximum bill would be.
Egg freezing I believe was $8750 for my first round and then I think my second round I got a 10% discount. Embryo freezing (I did one round) was approximately $16,000-$17,000 for one round. In addition, each round required medication which cost around $3000-$4000
Describe Thomas Fisher's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.

2021, Successful
The care team at Spring Danville was wonderful to work with. Very professional, organized, knowledgeable and friendly...billing is straightforward, their patient portal where we get all communications and updates about our treatment is quite helpful and user friendly, the facilities are very clean and modern and since they have different locations you could use for your monitoring, you never have to be commuting too far to get your care
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher always took the time to listen to my concerns, answered my questions in the clearest way possible, he was always realistic and honest about our case, no sugarcoating but always kind and respectful. During every appointment he always had the best attitude, his bedside manner was spotless and his communication very straightforward. IVF can be a very complex process but at every visit Dr Fisher always made sure I understood every decision about my treatment, what the next steps would be and why, I always left his office at ease and confident I was getting the best care for my case. Dr Fisher's demeanor has the right mix of science, professionalism, compassion and heart and I feel truly fortunate to have had him as my fertility Doctor!
Please ask him all the questions and share every concern you have, he will always listen and give you an honest and clear answer.
In every interaction I had with with Dr. Fisher, he was always professional and kind, he cared about me as an individual and wanted me to succeed. I also never felt rushed during any consultation or procedure, I always got enough time and attention for my care.
For my egg retrieval: I was on Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, leuprolide and triggered with pregnyl (cannot remember the doses as these were adjusted) For my transfer: medrol and ovidrel. My FET was successful and I am now pregnant at 42-years-old.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: My nurse was Darcy and care coordinator was Shelby)
The care team at Spring Danville was wonderful to work with. Very professional, organized, knowledgeable and friendly. For some of my procedures I went to their Oakland office, where I also got excellent care. Everyone including receptionists, nurses, medical assistants, and every person I ever interacted with at Spring offered me the best care.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring has a very organized system: billing is straightforward, their patient portal where we get all communications and updates about our treatment is quite helpful and user friendly, the facilities are very clean and modern and since they have different locations you could use for your monitoring, you never have to be commuting too far to get your care. Parking in the Danville office was always good, but in the Oakland office it was a bit difficult so it was good to show up with enough time to be able to find a spot and still make it on time for my appointment.
Egg retrieval and monitoring: $18000, Embryo transfer $4700, Medications: $4000.
We did single embryo transfer (safer for my age and higher chances of live birth)

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Fisher is the best doctor I've ever worked with. He and his team has been with us through our 1+ year long fertility journey and we could not have asked for a better team. From the get go, he took the time to educate us, carefully listen to our story & goals, and created a plan for us. He's honest, realistic, funny, smart, detail-oriented, caring, all the things you'd wish for as a doctor during such vulnerable times.
I absolutely ADORED Spring Fertility staff, from the nurses, coordinators to the front office team. They make up the amazing culture Spring has and I always looked forward to my appts...I have recommended at least 5 people at my company to Spring Fertility because of how incredible the clinic is. They are organized, efficient, effective (have some of the highest success rates), and the culture and team are incredible...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Just be honest with what you want and come prepared for any questions. He was so patient with all my questions and always took the time to walk through everything with me.
Dr. Fisher is the only doctor I ever felt a connection with. From the start of our fertility journey, he always showed care, empathy, and enthusiasm to help you achieve your goals. He also made a process that can be so vulnerable much more pleasing than I had expected.
We went with the mid-luteal protocol. For medications, was as on the typical injections, FSH, Menopur, Cetrotide and I can't remember what I used for trigger. For the transfer, we went with natural/letrozole protocol as I was able to ovulate on my own and my progesterone levels were normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Caponi )
I absolutely ADORED Spring Fertility staff, from the nurses, coordinators to the front office team. They make up the amazing culture Spring has and I always looked forward to my appts so I can catch up with everyone. :) They are amazing!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
My company insurance covered most of it and I paid about 1500 out of pocket. I believe if I did not have insurance, it would be 18k for the injections + trigger and 6-7k for transfer.
We went wit single embryo transfer as it was the safest and lowest risk.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Pasternak was always warm and cheerful during my appointments. She has a great memory and somehow always remembered details of our previous appointment. I always left my appointments feeling like she really cared about my treatment and outcome...After each retrieval, Dr. Pasternak phoned us to discuss results and next options, and I always looked forward to hearing her thought process and recommendations...Dr. Pasternak advocated for a single embryo transfer...
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is busy, and appointment times are short so be sure to come prepared with questions or know that you can call and get questions answered later...I found calling was the fastest way for me to ask a question, request a refill, or confirm treatment protocol. I also relied heavily on the treatment calendar and also wish I had learned this earlier in my treatment...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
I underwent four egg retrievals and one embryo transfer under the care of Dr. Pasternak. I felt Dr. Pasternak was engaged and attentive before and during each retrieval. For example, after the first retrieval, I found that a specific medication made me excessively sleepy and irritated. With this information, she changed medications for the second retrieval, which I responded better to. Although appointment times were short, and I felt I had to come prepared with questions in hand, she always answered my questions swiftly and clearly. After each retrieval, Dr. Pasternak phoned us to discuss results and next options, and I always looked forward to hearing her thought process and recommendations.
If you would like to speak to her between appointments, call your care team and let them know you would like to speak with her or ask her a specific question.
Dr. Pasternak was always warm and cheerful during my appointments. She has a great memory and somehow always remembered details of our previous appointment. I always left my appointments feeling like she really cared about my treatment and outcome. While outside of the appointment, I asked questions mostly to my care team, I found that if I really wanted her opinion about something, she made herself available within 24 hours.
I underwent 4 retrievals. The first protocol used was an antagonist protocol with estrogen priming. Because I did not respond well to the protocol (yielding 4 follicles and 1 embryo), for the next 3 procedures, Dr. Pasternak switched me to a mini-IVF protocol with progesterone priming (each also yielding 1 embryo).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rayney Dodge)
I loved my care team at Spring. I liked that I could call and reach them for any questions I had. They were often able to answer my questions, but they would often offer to pass the question on to my physician if I wanted. They called after each retrieval to give me egg/embryo updates and were always professional and kind when the news was tough and happy for me when the news was better. They were also to call me back when needed. I only wish I had known earlier in my care with Spring that this would be my favored method of communication. Emails with the team were equally professional and detailed however I found calling was the fastest way for me to ask a question, request a refill, or confirm treatment protocol. I also relied heavily on the treatment calendar and also wish I had learned this earlier in my treatment.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I found the Spring at SF clinic team to generally be kind and professional. The clinic is busy, and appointment times are short so be sure to come prepared with questions or know that you can call and get questions answered later. I was okay with this environment; however, I can understand that the experience can feel overwhelming, especially at the beginning of someone's treatment. I would encourage patients to always reach out with questions over the phone, and they'll likely be pleased with the team's response.
Dr. Pasternak advocated for a single embryo transfer
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
The drug treatment was changed due to my request for a later transfer date however, my calendar was not properly updated until I called to confirm doses.

2021, 26 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Okeigwe never seemed rushed. She listened to all my concerns and addressed them. She seemed genuinely interested in my success and wellbeing: she paid close attention to my experience all along the process and adjusted my protocols accordingly. She was meticulous with things like measuring follicles - she was more accurate than one of the other doctors I saw for a monitoring appointment.
The staff at Spring in Oakland are amazing...They never missed an update or call to see how things were going. The care was well-organized, thorough and tailored for me. I appreciated the patient education resources...The wait was never more than 10 minutes to be seen (usually less) and appointments went very smoothly. Their care-team system is very effective and the staff is very communicative and easy to get a hold of.
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
With Dr. Okeigwe, I felt like I was in really good hands all throughout the egg freezing process. She made sure I was taking all the necessary steps to prevent OHSS. Her calm presence was very reassuring during the actual retrieval: this was my first operation and I went in with some anxiety. I felt that she was a very good source of knowledge and I fully felt like I could trust her judgement. She provided excellent care!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Ijeoma Okeigwe used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Aygestin priming, FSH + menopur, cetrotide, lupron-only trigger, cabergaline. All of these worked well and prevented OHSS even though I had a lot of eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
The staff at Spring in Oakland are amazing: I came to expect friendly, warm staff at every visit and was never disappointed. They never missed an update or call to see how things were going. The care was well-organized, thorough and tailored for me. I appreciated the patient education resources.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic was great. The wait was never more than 10 minutes to be seen (usually less) and appointments went very smoothly. Their care-team system is very effective and the staff is very communicative and easy to get a hold of. I wasn't able to get a hold of the on-call doctor they said to contact if need be by calling the main line after hours but I may have chosen the wrong options.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility.
Costs were covered by Progyny.
Ijeoma Okeigwe

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr.Fisher was responsive and personable on calls and always made me feel heard...polite, respectful, always greeted me with a smile, was patient with all my questions and never made the appointments feel rushed. He was always thorough in explaining procedures and next steps, comprehensive with his exams of follicle sizes, concerns and what to expect....
Shelby and Melissa [nurses at Spring Fertility] both went above and beyond when it came to communication, attentiveness and follow through. If they say they were going to do something, you could trust they would call you, follow up via email and make sure you were taken care of...Convenient location. Easy parking. Clean space, Offered snacks and drinks and all staff was friendly and polite. The environment was pleasant, equipment seemed clean and new...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Candidly, when I first approached Spring, I wanted a female doctor but the earliest appointment was with Dr.Fisher. Although initially hesitant, since day 1 of seeing him, I felt very comfortable and at ease. He opened up and shared his own story of how him and his wife also went through their own fertility journey. I think that makes him a lot more relatable and empathetic to his patient's journey. He was polite, respectful, always greeted me with a smile, was patient with all my questions and never made the appointments feel rushed. He was always thorough in explaining procedures and next steps, comprehensive with his exams of follicle sizes, concerns and what to expect. I really appreciated the attentive care provided whether it was via email, in person or follow up calls after certain procedures to update me on progress. I remember the day of my transfer, he rushed over to the SF clinic all the way from Danville just to make sure he was the one doing the transfer himself. That definitely re-assured me, made me more confident that the chance of success would be high and overall just put me in a more positive state of mind. We are now a month away from meeting our miracle baby and I am immensely grateful to Dr.Fisher and the Spring team. Overall, would recommend Dr.Fisher to any of my friends or family members looking for fertility treatment. Could not have asked for a better experience.
Come prepared with questions during your appointments. Dr.Fisher is thorough with talking through the treatment but also always leaves room for any questions you might have.
Dr. Fisher and staff were always friendly, on-time, patient with my many questions, understanding when I got emotional due to any results or drop offs from retrieval, day 3, day 5 survival and embryo quality. Dr.Fisher was responsive and personable on calls and always made me feel heard.
I went through 2 IVF cycles and 1 frozen embryo transfer with Dr. Fisher. For both retrievals, I was taking the following supplements: prenatal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, and Q10. My diagnosis was unexplained infertility as I had done prior exams and blood work at another clinic before Spring. In my first cycle, my antral follicle count was only 9-10. I started off with taking Estrace, got a bleed, went in for a baseline ultrasound and then started ​225IU of Gonal F and then 150IU for Menopur. The dosage of Gonal and Menopur were dropped as they doctor tracked my bloodwork and the size and growth of my follicles every few days to try to get them to all grow at the same pace. I then started Cetrotide in conjuction with Menopur and Gonal F and eventually triggered with Novarel and Lupron. For my first retrieval, my body only yielded 8 eggs, 1 follicle was empty and only 1 egg was mature. That was devastating news and I remember crying for a long time thinking the odds of a healthy embryo was likely going to be none after the drop off from Day 3 to Day 5 to genetic testing. Dr.Fisher and the care team definitely set proper expectations and were also quite comforting in talking through alternatives for a second round. Miraculously, that one mature egg actually resulted in a 6AA Day5 Euploid embryo. Given that my husband and I wanted at least 2 kids, Dr. Fisher also recommended having at least 2 healthy embryos per potentially viable pregnancy so we decided to pursue a second round of IVF egg retrieval before moving forward with a transfer. In my second IVF cycle: I started off with Aygestin, had around 11 antral follicles, started same dosage of ​225IU of Gonal F and then 150IU for Menopur which was adjusted slightly after every ultrasound and blood test appointment. Then started Cetrotide and triggered again with Lupron and Novarel. This time, 11 eggs were retrieved, 8 mature. I ended up with 4 that survived until Day 5 and then 3 that turned out to be Euploids. For my frozen embryo transfer, I started off with Aygestin pills (this was mostly because we were thinking of potentially doing a 3rd cycle of IVF depending on results of the embryo genetic testing). However, once we confirmed we were moving forward with FET, I was put on Letrozole 5mg for 5 days. After a few monitoring visits, the doctor asked me to start Gonal F at 150IU. As monitoring progressed, I was then instructed to take Ovidrel at 250mcg and take Medrol 16mg pills for 5 days. I went back in for a progesterone level check and then was confirmed for transfer. Transfer was successful and I am now 8 months pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Shelby Raley & Melissa Caponi)
Shelby and Melissa both went above and beyond when it came to communication, attentiveness and follow through. If they say they were going to do something, you could trust they would call you, follow up via email and make sure you were taken care of.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Convenient location. Easy parking. Clean space, Offered snacks and drinks and all staff was friendly and polite. The environment was pleasant, equipment seemed clean and new . No weaknesses that I can think of.
Although most people including myself go in thinking we will perhaps only need one IVF cycle, it's always good to know your options and what pricing will look like if you needed subsequent cycles. Accounting for price of medication is also something that needs to be factored in. Alto Pharmacy was superb in terms of convenience of delivering the medication to my doorstep. Our cost was ~$50K for 2 IVF cycles and 1 FET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
During my embryo transfer, at one of my ultrasound visits, I was seen by another doctor. The reaction of the doctor made it seem like there was a strong possibility the transfer would need to be cancelled as I might have ovulated already. I panicked and started crying frantically. That said, Dr. Fisher called me shortly after my appointment to reassure me that he was not concerned and that I would be monitored closely for the next couple of days to confirm next steps. In the end, I was able to successfully complete the FET so although alarming at first, it all worked out.

2021, 9 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, was kind, warm, caring, professional, and treated me with humanity. For once, I got to be a real patient, feel safe with someone who looked like me, and know that I was getting the best care possible. I'm forever grateful to Dr. Okeigwe and Oakland Spring Fertility...As a Black woman, seeking excellent healthcare has always been stressful...But, because Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, and equipped me with all of my options, the trigger began to go away...
Melanie and Ann [nurses at Spring Fertility] were very bubbly, caring, informative, and professional...All together for 1 cycle of egg freezing/retrieval it was about $10,000...all of your options explained to you with great care and to be surrounded by people who love what they do...For once, I got to be a real patient, feel safe with someone who looked like me, and know that I was getting the best care possible. I'm forever grateful to Dr. Okeigwe and Oakland Spring Fertility.
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
As a Black woman, seeking excellent healthcare has always been stressful. We are treated differently, and I’ve always had to fight to get proper health care. At first, I was so nervous about this procedure because I hate needles, and I didn't know if I would be treated like a human being. I’ve wanted to freeze my eggs for a while because I haven’t found my life partner yet. So, I wanted to make sure that I had options for my future. Thank you to everyone at Oakland Spring Fertility for giving me such a fantastic experience. But, I especially want to thank Dr. Okeigwe for guiding me through the process of freezing my eggs. She’s a GEM, and it’s so rare to find a Black fertility doctor. I was and still am ECSTATIC that she was my doctor! She took such great care of me, and I was informed every step of the way of who, what, where, and why of everything I needed to know. Dr. Okeigwe even helped me heal a trigger. I had an abortion when I was 20 years old, and unfortunately, the doctor and nurses treated me like an animal and pinned me down while they did the procedure. So from there on, every time I went to an OBGYN and put my legs up, I would go into shock from that experience. I never thought that trigger was going to be healed. But, because Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, and equipped me with all of my options, the trigger began to go away. It got to the point where I would come in for a check-up, and we would laugh, and before I knew it, I was already lying down, looking up at all of my eggs progressing. This is why representation matters, and I know for a fact that I would not have received a better experience anywhere else. Give this woman a raise and hire more diverse fertility doctors!✨
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
Get ready to have all of your options explained to you with great care and to be surrounded by people who love what they do.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melanie, Ann Marie, and everyone who shot me in the arm were wonderful!)
Melanie and Ann were very bubbly, caring, informative, and professional.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I give Spring Fertility a 1000 percent with strengths! The only weakness was me not getting a survey after my procedure to brag even more about the facility and doctors that took such great care of me.
All together for 1 cycle of egg freezing/retrieval it was about $10,000.
Ijeoma Okeigwe

2021, Successful
Dr Lee was absolutely amazing! She's incredibly supportive, easily accessible, invested in my care, not to mention genuinely authentic. Never dismissed any questions. She walked me through every scenario, what to expect next, etc. I honestly felt to at ease under her care. I knew I was in good hands...The clinic is known for mid-luteal protocol. We had a very good success with this...
All the team members [of Spring Fertility] we encountered were always so positive, authentic, caring...I never really had to wait more than 5 minutes for any of my appointments...[nurses were] Always answered my emails/calls within the same day, super informative, attentive, & helpful...The clinic is known for mid-luteal protocol....
How was your experience with Malinda Lee at Spring Fertility?
Dr Lee was absolutely amazing! She's incredibly supportive, easily accessible, invested in my care, not to mention genuinely authentic. Never dismissed any questions. She walked me through every scenario, what to expect next, etc. I honestly felt to at ease under her care. I knew I was in good hands. I think it helped that I had something to compare to as well - it was night and day. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor on my side
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Malinda Lee at Spring Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask any, and all questions. You have to be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Malinda Lee at Spring Fertility?
Dr Lee was warm, always welcomed all questions I had. When I had my first consultation with her, I automatically felt at ease. The only reason I swayed and chose my original RE was solely due to years of experience. I thought logically, it would make sense to choose my former clinic based on that. Dr. Lee was fairly new to Spring. Long story short, I didn't have the best experience with my first RE. I felt like I was a number. After my first egg retrieval I decided to switch. My first call back at Spring, the care team made themselves available in giving me everything I needed to know re the process of transfer process. Communication with Dr Lee and her care team was always seamless. Someone was always available to answer my questions via email or call.
Describe the protocols Malinda Lee used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
The clinic is known for mid-luteal protocol. We had a very good success with this. Had 15 follicles at baseline, ultimately, 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 8 blasts, total of 4 euploid. Dr. Lee changed my dosage as needed to synchronize the growth of each follicle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
Dr Lee's care team was great! There was a little mishap with my pharmacy and my brand only preference but other than that, everything was seamless. Both Jill & Natalie were a joy to work with. Always answered my emails/calls within the same day, super informative, attentive, & helpful.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The Sunnyvale location is fairly new but you couldn't tell the difference in their operations. Clean, modern, and very warm. All the team members we encountered were always so positive, authentic, caring. As the clinic is growing, there seems to be a new face/addition but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I never really had to wait more than 5 minutes for any of my appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Malinda Lee at Spring Fertility.
I have insurance coverage - didn't have had to deal with majority of the cost outside of deductible/OOP max
Malinda Lee

2021, 18 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Pasternak would tweak each retrieval based off of the past one to try and improve and get better results. This was done through trying new meds, timing the process differently, etc. I very much appreciated Dr. Pasternak using the data and learning from each past retrieval of mine to get better results for future ones...She is very personable and always made me feel comfortable and was very gentle...
The Nursing staff [at Spring Fertility] was incredible. Everyone is very friendly and personable and anytime I had any questions I was able to get support either via in person or over email and text with no issues...they were so well organized. I never had to wait once I arrived for my appointments and I appreciate their strict protocols in having patients verify their info for all ultrasounds and bloodwork...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak is a great doctor and I had a very positive experience with her during my egg freezing process. She is very personable and always made me feel comfortable and was very gentle. She has great bedside manners and would always take the time to explain things to me and address any questions or concerns I had. She would never rush my appointments or visits with her and she always continued to finding ways to improve and tweak each retrieval I had based on historical data and past cycles. I would highly recommend her and would love to see her in the future if I need any future treatments.
Don't hesitate to ask any and all questions or express any concerns you have. Dr. Pasternak is always willing to listen and address questions, etc. and will do so in a thorough and not rushed manner.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
The Nursing staff was incredible. Everyone is very friendly and personable and anytime I had any questions I was able to get support either via in person or over email and text with no issues.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I love Spring Fertility and so glad I decided to go with them. The clinic is top notch and I was very impressed. I loved how clean the clinic was, how everyone was very friendly, and how they were so well organized. I never had to wait once I arrived for my appointments and I appreciate their strict protocols in having patients verify their info for all ultrasounds and bloodwork. I also loved how they've a self-service portal to see your treatment calendar, messages, etc. and how they're always sending SMS alerts for appointment reminders, etc. I also really appreciated having a dedicated Patient Care coordinator so I could easily turn to anytime I had questions. Lastly, I loved how they had an orientation to learn how to inject medications and have tons of self-serve videos on their site too to reference.

Embryo Freezing
I appreciated Dr Tan's no-nonsense, action- and solution-oriented approach... Dr Tran was there for the most important parts - consultation and determining your protocol, egg retrieval, transfer procedures, and if you're lucky - your ultrasounds...We changed my protocol after the 1st and 2nd retrieval to ensure optimal results in the 3rd one. His approach is focused on data and sharing statistics...
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is modern, clean and welcoming. Appointments are always timely and efficient, regardless of how busy they get. The staff (Doctors and nurses) are well coordinated and competent so it really doesn't matter who exactly you see at each visit...Dr Tran is focused on results. His team is highly competent, detail oriented, on top of communications, and efficient. I appreciated how they managed expectations while being kind and accommodating....
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I appreciated Dr Tan's no-nonsense, action- and solution-oriented approach. Many online reviews complain that they saw Dr Tran a limited amount of time and instead mostly saw his team or NPs throughout their treatment. But Dr Tran was there for the most important parts - consultation and determining your protocol, egg retrieval, transfer procedures, and if you're lucky - your ultrasounds, and that mattered most to me. His team is well coordinated and the visits were always on time and super time-efficient. Dr Tran is clearly one of the best - the procedures were always quick, flawless and painless. He managed my expectations perfectly. We changed my protocol after the 1st and 2nd retrieval to ensure optimal results in the 3rd one. His approach is focused on data and sharing statistics, and that suited me - it normalized and grounded what could otherwise be an emotional rollercoaster of a journey.
Trust the process and Dr Tran's knowledge and experience. Sometimes you may not have all the details and that's ok.
We tried aygestin priming first, mid-lutheal second, and lastly - demi-halt which resulted in the most amount of viable eggs retrieved. We ended up with a total of 4 PGS-tested normal embryos. I just completed my 1st trimester of pregnancy after a single frozen embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is modern, clean and welcoming. Appointments are always timely and efficient, regardless of how busy they get. The staff (Doctors and nurses) are well coordinated and competent so it really doesn't matter who exactly you see at each visit.

2021, Consult
Dr. Vaughn was very rushed during my consult. She barely spent any time with me. She was hyper focused on our religious beliefs...After getting cleared by the hematologist and having done all the labs, we thought we were moving forward. So I was shocked to get a call from a patient rep (not even Dr. Vaughn herself) stating she wasn’t going to move forward working with us...There was no effort made to assist us in the next steps...
I only dealt with one [nurse at Spring Fertility]. She called me about my thyroid. She either didn’t read my chart or Dr. Vaughn didn’t. She said I need to take medication for my thyroid. I’ve literally been on thyroid medication for years and it’s in all my records. She didn’t even know what I was taking...$450 consult $250 semen analysis $200 Natera for each parent $ misc for lab work...
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
After my (very short) intake appointment, Dr. Vaughn proceeded to have us go through all the labs to get started with treatment and required me to see a hematologist. I’m in my 30’s and have never had a bleeding disorder. This requirement to see a hematologist made no sense, but I went because we wanted to get moving with IVF. The hematologist laughed when I saw him and said he had no idea why Dr. Vaughn was wasting my time with the appointment. After getting cleared by the hematologist and having done all the labs, we thought we were moving forward. So I was shocked to get a call from a patient rep (not even Dr. Vaughn herself) stating she wasn’t going to move forward working with us. Basically she doesn’t want to work with couples of our religion. She clearly knew that she felt that way from the start. There was no effort made to assist us in the next steps. The day after that call from the patient rep, I saw a call come in from the Spring Clinic. I wasn’t able to answer as I was with my own patients, but assumed a message would be left. No message was left, but I continued to be called over and over between 4:07pm and 5:56pm. At that point I felt like I was being harassed. Turns out it was Dr. Vaughn calling over and over. The lack of professionalism in calling someone that many times in a row is appalling. Any provider with an ounce of common sense would leave a message and wait for a return call. I never did get to speak to her. I ended up spending with the founder of the clinic, Dr. Tran. I didn’t feel I got very far with him; he noted it would be hard for us to move to another doctor within the clinic because Dr. Vaughn is the medical director so she is over the other doctors at the clinic. So basically it wasn’t worth it to even see a different doctor at Spring because our case had already been tarnished by her opinion of us. He agreed we would be refunded for what we had paid for. I ended up working with the VP of Operations to get a refund. She had the nerve to send us a document saying we had to sign an agreement that included a confidentiality clause which would prohibit us from discussing our experience with anyone, including other doctors. We refused. If they want us to sign a confidentiality agreement it’s because they know she did something wrong and they don’t want anyone to know. We did end up getting a refund after a lot of back and forth. Shame on them for making it so stressful after what we had already gone through! We have since started treatment at another fertility clinic. My initial consult at the new clinic was very thorough and we were treated with respect. Now that I realize the level of care and respect I should have received by Dr. Vaughn, but clearly didn’t, I feel that she is a disgrace to the medical community.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
Go anywhere else! This woman has zero respect for a patient’s individuality. She will only help those who fit her mold of what a patient should be. She has no remorse for wasting our time and money.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Vaughn was very rushed during my consult. She barely spent any time with me. She was hyper focused on our religious beliefs. She clearly didn’t want to have me as a patient but wasn’t professional enough to refer us to someone else.
Describe the protocols Sara Vaughn used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Brief one-time consult followed by an ultrasound. Blood work for me and my partner. Semen analysis and Natera screening. That’s it - she never met with us again.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
I only dealt with one. She called me about my thyroid. She either didn’t read my chart or Dr. Vaughn didn’t. She said I need to take medication for my thyroid. I’ve literally been on thyroid medication for years and it’s in all my records. She didn’t even know what I was taking.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Front office staff are friendly. The patient rep was lovely! I felt bad she was put in the middle of this situation in having to call us to tell us Dr. Vaughn would not continue with us. Dr. Vaughn should have made that call herself. Just shows her lack of respect for patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility.
Describe Sara Vaughn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.

2021, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Debra Minjarez] was informative and very nice when I saw her...Didn’t hear anything until the two week beta test. I had to be the one to ask for a meeting with her because of the no implantation situation. She was nice but quickly asked if I wanted to do my next one with egg donor. I thought that was inappropriate because it has only been one time since I did IVF. Too soon to ask. So that was insensitive and traumatic for me. Aside from that she was very nice.
She [nurse at Spring Fertility] was very nice, but when I asked about things she was somewhat passive aggressive in her email replies. I never met her, I spoke to her on the phone maybe once or twice. I didn’t feel a genuine feel when I spoke to her...When I did see them, they were very nice and mostly thorough. Retrieval and transfer Or great. I was treated really nicely and it was a great experience.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
She was informative and very nice when I saw her. The day of retrieval she stopped and said hi, before the procedure. The day of transfer, she was very nice we even took a picture together. Let me know what is going on. Didn’t hear anything until the two week beta test. I had to be the one to ask for a meeting with her because of the no implantation situation. She was nice but quickly asked if I wanted to do my next one with egg donor. I thought that was inappropriate because it has only been one time since I did IVF. Too soon to ask. So that was insensitive and traumatic for me. Aside from that she was very nice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Be aware that she may ask if you want to use donor eggs If first IVF cycle fails. Especially if you’re older. Also, it does take one magical egg, as she mentioned at the very beginning. But if it doesn’t work, she’ll ask about donor eggs.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Every time I saw her which was only three, she was extremely nice and very personable. But, I only saw her a few times.
Describe the protocols Debra Minjarez used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Treatment strategy was doing a mini IVF cycle with letrozole, Gonal-F, Menopur, double trigger shots, priming with birth control. Rationale of mini cycle is that I don’t have a lot of eggs so slow and steady wins the race. I did start with 10 follicles and ended up having a lead and retrieving only three. So I think that something could I have been done to better those results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Darcy )
She was very nice, but when I asked about things she was somewhat passive aggressive in her email replies. I never met her, I spoke to her on the phone maybe once or twice. I didn’t feel a genuine feel when I spoke to her, seemed a little bit fake, too nice.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Clinic was in California, I live in Utah so I started off in Utah and the last two weeks were spend in California in a hotel. I saw the doctor a couple days after I got to California and I didn’t see the next doctor until a week after that, and it wasn’t my main doctor. It was another person because she wasn’t there. So I feel like one of the weaknesses is that I could’ve done one more monitoring in Utah so that I wouldn’t have to spend two weeks in California with one week of nothing. When I did see them, they were very nice and mostly thorough. Retrieval and transfer Or great. I was treated really nicely and it was a great experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility.
10,295+ an additional $500 or $600 that was not mentioned but after the fact with assisted hatching.
Debra Minjarez

2019 - 2021, Successful
I cannot recommend Dr. Klatsky highly enough! He never gave up on our case even when there were multiple setbacks...He was patient and empathetic throughout our treatment. He was open to changing protocols based on prior outcomes...He is up to date on current recommendations and treatment plans...He was open to a discussion but was clear about the limitations of small studies and why he advised against these
Strengths [of Spring Fertility]- Great providers (doctors and NPs), incredible embryologists, wonderful nurses and care coordinators...It feels like they are invested in a successful outcome from beginning to end...Weaknesses - Busy clinic. Sometimes it can be hard to get in for your appointment at your preferred time; however, they always tried to accommodate me as best they could.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
I cannot recommend Dr. Klatsky highly enough! He never gave up on our case even when there were multiple setbacks. He remained optimistic that we would have success even when we started to doubt it. He was patient and empathetic throughout our treatment. He was open to changing protocols based on prior outcomes. It felt like he was as invested in our success as we were.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Trust him. He is up to date on current recommendations and treatment plans. There were times when I wanted to try an add-on treatment if things weren't working but after we looked at the research together we decided against it. He was open to a discussion but was clear about the limitations of small studies and why he advised against these (cost, no clear difference in outcomes, etc.). In the end, the research based treatment protocol worked for us, we just needed to be patient and trust his instinct and years of experience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky went above and beyond to make me feel human during this difficult journey. He was patient and understanding of our emotional rollercoaster. He kept open lines of communication at all times and was open to different strategies if we did not have success with a prior protocol.
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Standard egg retrieval protocol (cannot recall specifics) For our embryo transfers we tried multiple protocols: 1. Frozen transfer, modified natural cycle with Letrozole 2. Frozen transfer with estrogen patches and Lupron 3. Fresh transfer after egg retrieval cycle 4. Frozen transfer with Letrozole + vaginal progesterone 5. Frozen transfer with Letrozole + vaginal progesterone 6. Frozen transfer w/ Estrogen patches, Cetrotide, and progesterone in oil
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nina)
The nurses and care coordinators at Spring are amazing! It feels like they are invested in a successful outcome from beginning to end. They are patient and great communicators!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths - Great providers (doctors and NPs), incredible embryologists, wonderful nurses and care coordinators. Weaknesses - Busy clinic. Sometimes it can be hard to get in for your appointment at your preferred time; however, they always tried to accommodate me as best they could.
Describe Peter Klatsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
He felt strongly about eSET
Peter Klatsky

2020 - 2021, Successful
She took time to get to know myself & my husband. She understood I needed to have a plan a,b,&c...For both transfers of my day 3 embryos we transferred 2 the first time & 3 the second time..Dr. Vaughn & I talked a lot about this before making the decision & in the end she would share what she suggests but it was always my decision...I never felt rushed during our appointments & on the off times I was seen by the on call doctor she was always hands on & would check in
I have nothing but good things to say about spring. Their work just in teaching people about infertility to their 5 star treatment of all clients. There is no cookie cutter one process for all mentality. All the doctors are warm, welcoming, & work with you to find the right treatment. I also love that everything was in house. From consultation to procedures all at one location & close to home
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Vaughn was everything I would hope from a fertility doctor. She took time to get to know myself & my husband. She understood I needed to have a plan a,b,&c. Her team was quick to answer my questions & I never felt like I was as bothering her. I never felt rushed during our appointments & on the off times I was seen by the on call doctor she was always hands on & would check in. I never felt alone which to me is the most important.
Never be afraid to ask questions & advocate for yourself
Dr. Vaughn was there for me ever step but also was open & honest with me. Over the many rounds she knew I always wanted to talk next steps plan b & she would be honest when we weren’t there yet & when it was time.
This would be a novel if I went through all my cycles. Long story short, Dr. Vaughn & I used each cycle as a learning opportunity to see what my body responded to & what didn’t work. What I appreciated is that each cycle was it’s own no cookie cutter cycle each was based on where my body was at at that time & would try something new like adding supplements to help. Dr Vaughn helped me through each round every step of the way.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
They were soo helpful & always quick to answer my questions
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I am lucky to have coverage through work. Dr.Vaughn understood my coverage & helped me use it to the best of my ability
For both transfers of my day 3 embryos we transferred 2 the first time & 3 the second time. Due to the fact I had bad egg quality the chances of even one taking were low enough it was worth transferring more than one. Dr. Vaughn & I talked a lot about this before making the decision & in the end she would share what she suggests but it was always my decision
2021, Successful
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is very inviting and very organized. Communication was very efficient, even around insurance and billing...very efficient and timely with each appointment...The nurses were phenomenal. I underestimated how complicated the drug administration would be, and they had top notch training and education sessions...They answered every question in a timely manner...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
My experience was wonderful. Dr. Pasternak has a great bedside manner, kept things light (even when they could be heavy) and was clear about what to expect. She was very helpful in making our upfront decision to pursue IVF instead of IUI. She let us know she would support either one but just have us candid facts about odds. And she helped us by always keeping our goals in kind - one more child as soon as possible. She was competent and empathetic and I felt supported and like we were being cheered on the whole time. That means a lot when you’re putting so much work into and have such high hopes.
Take advantage of the fact that she will give you candid advice. And ask questions - these clinics are busy and they can’t know how much to explain, but Dr. Pasternak always answered all my questions to the fullest. Always ask.
I felt like a human because we connected during my consults, and she was sympathetic in every way. She took time to answer my questions and to do so honestly. A good balance of realistic expectations and hope.
We did IVF right away. We did the egg retrieval, and protocol was normal. We did genetic testing of embryos due to to age, and thankful we did because 6 of our 7 embryos were abnormal. They helped us navigate that process with their genetic counseling partner and helped contextualize their feedback. We adjusted the timing of the protocol to make sure we had an understanding of what to expect. We had just one embryo, and she suggested we go forward with it - we only wanted one more child, it only takes one embryo, and she said she saw no reason I wouldn’t have the best odds to be successful (versus doing another round of egg retrieval). We discussed what options there were if it didn’t work. Ultimately, we moved forward, and I am currently 20 weeks pregnant.
The nurses were phenomenal. I underestimated how complicated the drug administration would be, and they had top notch training and education sessions, all remote. I was very impressed and it made such a huge difference in treatment and confidence. I did make a mistake in meds, and they were responsive, supportive, and reassuring. They answered every question in a timely manner (and I had a lot!) and appreciated that there was a team to cover in case anyone was out. It surpassed all my expectations.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is very inviting and very organized. Communication was very efficient, even around insurance and billing (a couple placated topic even if you have great insurance and benefits) and very efficient and timely with each appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
Monitoring needed to jags leeches timing by its nature, but they are open seven days a week and they always gave as much advanced notice as possible for ease of scheduling. I always wanted early mornings and they always could accommodate.

2021, Successful
Dr. Lee is the most perfect combination of intelligent, kind, proactive, caring, knowledgeable and experienced...Dr. Lee looked into things that other doctors missed...She was so sweet and kind. She took the time to get to know me and to always answer all of my questions...We used 5mg of Letrozole for 5 days, to induce ovulation, followed by one shot of Ovidrel once we saw that I had a mature follicle....
Spring is absolutely perfect. It was pricey, because we had to pay out of pocket, but incredibly worth it. The place is clean and very comfortable and the entire team is so caring and knowledgeable...We used 5mg of Letrozole for 5 days, to induce ovulation, followed by one shot of Ovidrel once we saw that I had a mature follicle. It was perfect and very easy...
How was your experience with Malinda Lee at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Lee is the most perfect combination of intelligent, kind, proactive, caring, knowledgeable and experienced. Graduating from her care and moving on to an OB was the most bittersweet experience. If I could have Dr Lee as my OB, primary care and the pediatrician for my daughter, that would be the absolute best.
Don’t hesitate! Once my blood tests came back normal at my primary care dr, I was told to wait until it had been a year before looking into fertility issues. As someone who hadn’t ovulated once in 5 months, I didn’t want to do that because I knew something was wrong. Dr. Lee looked into things that other doctors missed, and we were extremely blessed to be successful in our first cycle (even through Dr. Lee made it clear that we would take these steps for the first 3-6 cycles, and that it’s normal for it to take some time).
She was so sweet and kind. She took the time to get to know me and to always answer all of my questions (I had lots).
Malinda Lee

2021, Successful
Dr Vaughn was very thorough in all of her interactions and communication. She clearly outlined all options. She treated my husband and I was kindness and compassion...Dr Vaughn will answer all of your questions and go over all options that you are interested in exploring. She is an excellent doctor...The doctors [Dr. Vaughn's] approach was single embryo transfer...She was kind, caring, thorough and took the time to not only explain things but also listen to our concerns.
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is very nice and provides a welcoming environment. I never had to wait long periods of time and appointments were timely...All of the staff at Spring were amazing! Anny, Leili, and the front desk staff were always so kind, caring, helpful, and encouraging!..The doctors approach was single embryo transfer. I was in full agreement as the goal was one healthy pregnancy....
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
I had a wonderful patient experience. Dr Vaughn was very thorough in all of her interactions and communication. She clearly outlined all options. She treated my husband and I was kindness and compassion.
There is so much information when it comes to infertility. Dr Vaughn will answer all of your questions and go over all options that you are interested in exploring. She is an excellent doctor.
Dr Vaughn always treated me with compassion. She was kind, caring, thorough and took the time to not only explain things but also listen to our concerns.
Treatments used were medications and IVF. I am considered advanced age snd have experienced one loss prior to beginning treatment with Dr Vaughn. Dr Vaughn knew that time was of the essence and we wanted the best outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Anni and Leili )
All of the staff at Spring were amazing! Anny, Leili, and the front desk staff were always so kind, caring, helpful, and encouraging!!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is very nice and provides a welcoming environment. I never had to wait long periods of time and appointments were timely. The Sunnyvale location was closest proximity to me and convenient to find.
We were very lucky and fortunate to have Progyny Insurance which covered the majority of our costs

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Tran is very straightforward and honest with his thoughts. He respects you as a patient and will provide you with direct answers to any of your questions. He does create personalized protocols for everyone. Even with the monitoring appointments where I was seen by other doctors, Dr. Tran will make sure to review the findings and the follow-up instructions will only be given by him...
Spring has good customer service. The front desk is always welcoming. Nurses that I've seen are caring and patient. Compared to my previous clinic, I felt I mattered to Spring and they care about me as a patien...My primary nurse is Jill and my coordinator is Michelle. I absolutely love both of them. They are always on top of everything and very responsive. I couldn't ask for a better team to guide me through the whole process....
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran is not the warmest doctor and some may describe his bedside manner as below average, but if you don't care too much about comforting talks and just want good results, I'd definitely recommend him.
For my only IVF cycle, I was on the mid-luteal protocol, which eventually resulted in 36 eggs, 35 matured, and 10 day-5 Embryos (9 passed PGT). I did one natural frozen embryo transfer, and resulted in a successful ongoing pregnancy.
Insurance covered
Dr. Tran prefers single embryo transfer, especially given this is my first cycle.