905 San Ramon Valley Blvd
Mountain View (closed)
2490 Hospital Dr
Mountain View, CA 94040

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr.Fisher was responsive and personable on calls and always made me feel heard...polite, respectful, always greeted me with a smile, was patient with all my questions and never made the appointments feel rushed. He was always thorough in explaining procedures and next steps, comprehensive with his exams of follicle sizes, concerns and what to expect....
Shelby and Melissa [nurses at Spring Fertility] both went above and beyond when it came to communication, attentiveness and follow through. If they say they were going to do something, you could trust they would call you, follow up via email and make sure you were taken care of...Convenient location. Easy parking. Clean space, Offered snacks and drinks and all staff was friendly and polite. The environment was pleasant, equipment seemed clean and new...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Candidly, when I first approached Spring, I wanted a female doctor but the earliest appointment was with Dr.Fisher. Although initially hesitant, since day 1 of seeing him, I felt very comfortable and at ease. He opened up and shared his own story of how him and his wife also went through their own fertility journey. I think that makes him a lot more relatable and empathetic to his patient's journey. He was polite, respectful, always greeted me with a smile, was patient with all my questions and never made the appointments feel rushed. He was always thorough in explaining procedures and next steps, comprehensive with his exams of follicle sizes, concerns and what to expect. I really appreciated the attentive care provided whether it was via email, in person or follow up calls after certain procedures to update me on progress. I remember the day of my transfer, he rushed over to the SF clinic all the way from Danville just to make sure he was the one doing the transfer himself. That definitely re-assured me, made me more confident that the chance of success would be high and overall just put me in a more positive state of mind. We are now a month away from meeting our miracle baby and I am immensely grateful to Dr.Fisher and the Spring team. Overall, would recommend Dr.Fisher to any of my friends or family members looking for fertility treatment. Could not have asked for a better experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Come prepared with questions during your appointments. Dr.Fisher is thorough with talking through the treatment but also always leaves room for any questions you might have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher and staff were always friendly, on-time, patient with my many questions, understanding when I got emotional due to any results or drop offs from retrieval, day 3, day 5 survival and embryo quality. Dr.Fisher was responsive and personable on calls and always made me feel heard.
Describe the protocols Thomas Fisher used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I went through 2 IVF cycles and 1 frozen embryo transfer with Dr. Fisher. For both retrievals, I was taking the following supplements: prenatal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, and Q10. My diagnosis was unexplained infertility as I had done prior exams and blood work at another clinic before Spring. In my first cycle, my antral follicle count was only 9-10. I started off with taking Estrace, got a bleed, went in for a baseline ultrasound and then started ​225IU of Gonal F and then 150IU for Menopur. The dosage of Gonal and Menopur were dropped as they doctor tracked my bloodwork and the size and growth of my follicles every few days to try to get them to all grow at the same pace. I then started Cetrotide in conjuction with Menopur and Gonal F and eventually triggered with Novarel and Lupron. For my first retrieval, my body only yielded 8 eggs, 1 follicle was empty and only 1 egg was mature. That was devastating news and I remember crying for a long time thinking the odds of a healthy embryo was likely going to be none after the drop off from Day 3 to Day 5 to genetic testing. Dr.Fisher and the care team definitely set proper expectations and were also quite comforting in talking through alternatives for a second round. Miraculously, that one mature egg actually resulted in a 6AA Day5 Euploid embryo. Given that my husband and I wanted at least 2 kids, Dr. Fisher also recommended having at least 2 healthy embryos per potentially viable pregnancy so we decided to pursue a second round of IVF egg retrieval before moving forward with a transfer. In my second IVF cycle: I started off with Aygestin, had around 11 antral follicles, started same dosage of ​225IU of Gonal F and then 150IU for Menopur which was adjusted slightly after every ultrasound and blood test appointment. Then started Cetrotide and triggered again with Lupron and Novarel. This time, 11 eggs were retrieved, 8 mature. I ended up with 4 that survived until Day 5 and then 3 that turned out to be Euploids. For my frozen embryo transfer, I started off with Aygestin pills (this was mostly because we were thinking of potentially doing a 3rd cycle of IVF depending on results of the embryo genetic testing). However, once we confirmed we were moving forward with FET, I was put on Letrozole 5mg for 5 days. After a few monitoring visits, the doctor asked me to start Gonal F at 150IU. As monitoring progressed, I was then instructed to take Ovidrel at 250mcg and take Medrol 16mg pills for 5 days. I went back in for a progesterone level check and then was confirmed for transfer. Transfer was successful and I am now 8 months pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Shelby Raley & Melissa Caponi)
Shelby and Melissa both went above and beyond when it came to communication, attentiveness and follow through. If they say they were going to do something, you could trust they would call you, follow up via email and make sure you were taken care of.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Convenient location. Easy parking. Clean space, Offered snacks and drinks and all staff was friendly and polite. The environment was pleasant, equipment seemed clean and new . No weaknesses that I can think of.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility.
Although most people including myself go in thinking we will perhaps only need one IVF cycle, it's always good to know your options and what pricing will look like if you needed subsequent cycles. Accounting for price of medication is also something that needs to be factored in. Alto Pharmacy was superb in terms of convenience of delivering the medication to my doorstep. Our cost was ~$50K for 2 IVF cycles and 1 FET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
During my embryo transfer, at one of my ultrasound visits, I was seen by another doctor. The reaction of the doctor made it seem like there was a strong possibility the transfer would need to be cancelled as I might have ovulated already. I panicked and started crying frantically. That said, Dr. Fisher called me shortly after my appointment to reassure me that he was not concerned and that I would be monitored closely for the next couple of days to confirm next steps. In the end, I was able to successfully complete the FET so although alarming at first, it all worked out.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Fisher is the best doctor I've ever worked with. He and his team has been with us through our 1+ year long fertility journey and we could not have asked for a better team. From the get go, he took the time to educate us, carefully listen to our story & goals, and created a plan for us. He's honest, realistic, funny, smart, detail-oriented, caring, all the things you'd wish for as a doctor during such vulnerable times.
I absolutely ADORED Spring Fertility staff, from the nurses, coordinators to the front office team. They make up the amazing culture Spring has and I always looked forward to my appts...I have recommended at least 5 people at my company to Spring Fertility because of how incredible the clinic is. They are organized, efficient, effective (have some of the highest success rates), and the culture and team are incredible...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Just be honest with what you want and come prepared for any questions. He was so patient with all my questions and always took the time to walk through everything with me.
Dr. Fisher is the only doctor I ever felt a connection with. From the start of our fertility journey, he always showed care, empathy, and enthusiasm to help you achieve your goals. He also made a process that can be so vulnerable much more pleasing than I had expected.
We went with the mid-luteal protocol. For medications, was as on the typical injections, FSH, Menopur, Cetrotide and I can't remember what I used for trigger. For the transfer, we went with natural/letrozole protocol as I was able to ovulate on my own and my progesterone levels were normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Caponi )
I absolutely ADORED Spring Fertility staff, from the nurses, coordinators to the front office team. They make up the amazing culture Spring has and I always looked forward to my appts so I can catch up with everyone. :) They are amazing!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
My company insurance covered most of it and I paid about 1500 out of pocket. I believe if I did not have insurance, it would be 18k for the injections + trigger and 6-7k for transfer.
Describe Thomas Fisher's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
We went wit single embryo transfer as it was the safest and lowest risk.

2021, Successful
The care team at Spring Danville was wonderful to work with. Very professional, organized, knowledgeable and friendly...billing is straightforward, their patient portal where we get all communications and updates about our treatment is quite helpful and user friendly, the facilities are very clean and modern and since they have different locations you could use for your monitoring, you never have to be commuting too far to get your care
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher always took the time to listen to my concerns, answered my questions in the clearest way possible, he was always realistic and honest about our case, no sugarcoating but always kind and respectful. During every appointment he always had the best attitude, his bedside manner was spotless and his communication very straightforward. IVF can be a very complex process but at every visit Dr Fisher always made sure I understood every decision about my treatment, what the next steps would be and why, I always left his office at ease and confident I was getting the best care for my case. Dr Fisher's demeanor has the right mix of science, professionalism, compassion and heart and I feel truly fortunate to have had him as my fertility Doctor!
Please ask him all the questions and share every concern you have, he will always listen and give you an honest and clear answer.
In every interaction I had with with Dr. Fisher, he was always professional and kind, he cared about me as an individual and wanted me to succeed. I also never felt rushed during any consultation or procedure, I always got enough time and attention for my care.
For my egg retrieval: I was on Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, leuprolide and triggered with pregnyl (cannot remember the doses as these were adjusted) For my transfer: medrol and ovidrel. My FET was successful and I am now pregnant at 42-years-old.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: My nurse was Darcy and care coordinator was Shelby)
The care team at Spring Danville was wonderful to work with. Very professional, organized, knowledgeable and friendly. For some of my procedures I went to their Oakland office, where I also got excellent care. Everyone including receptionists, nurses, medical assistants, and every person I ever interacted with at Spring offered me the best care.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring has a very organized system: billing is straightforward, their patient portal where we get all communications and updates about our treatment is quite helpful and user friendly, the facilities are very clean and modern and since they have different locations you could use for your monitoring, you never have to be commuting too far to get your care. Parking in the Danville office was always good, but in the Oakland office it was a bit difficult so it was good to show up with enough time to be able to find a spot and still make it on time for my appointment.
Egg retrieval and monitoring: $18000, Embryo transfer $4700, Medications: $4000.
We did single embryo transfer (safer for my age and higher chances of live birth)
Danville

Dr. Fisher is very helpful to explain the process...We did IVF with ICSI we had expected to get lots of embryos, unfortunately only 2 embryos made it to blast the first retrieval and 1 embryo the second retrieval. We did a natural cycle for my frozen embryo transfer which was successful...was very personable and compassionate to my story as I had a previous stillbirth.
My lead nurse [at Spring Fertility] was amazing! She helped create multiple estimate timelines to help me with the planning of my retrieval’s and transfer!...The clinic is great, after a failed retrieval I was upset and blamed the clinic yet then got two opinions from other clinics that said the same thing as my clinic so I was reassured how good my team is.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher really heard me out on my TTC journey after stillbirth. He was so supportive and made me feel comfortable even though my retrieval’s did not go the way we hoped. He helped with my plans moving forward after two retrieval’s and moving forward with a transfer with our one embryo prior to trying a third retrieval. He is such a great doctor and person.
Ask all your questions as you deserve to understand your treatment plan and Dr. Fisher is very helpful to explain the process.
Dr. Fisher was very personable and compassionate to my story as I had a previous stillbirth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mel)
My lead nurse was amazing! She helped create multiple estimate timelines to help me with the planning of my retrieval’s and transfer!
I had insurance for IVF
I completely agree with a single FET (I also only had one embryo)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
For my second retrieval the nurse called and gave me the results from my first retrieval, it was extra upsetting as the results from my second retrieval were worse.

2021, 9 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, was kind, warm, caring, professional, and treated me with humanity. For once, I got to be a real patient, feel safe with someone who looked like me, and know that I was getting the best care possible. I'm forever grateful to Dr. Okeigwe and Oakland Spring Fertility...As a Black woman, seeking excellent healthcare has always been stressful...But, because Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, and equipped me with all of my options, the trigger began to go away...
Melanie and Ann [nurses at Spring Fertility] were very bubbly, caring, informative, and professional...All together for 1 cycle of egg freezing/retrieval it was about $10,000...all of your options explained to you with great care and to be surrounded by people who love what they do...For once, I got to be a real patient, feel safe with someone who looked like me, and know that I was getting the best care possible. I'm forever grateful to Dr. Okeigwe and Oakland Spring Fertility.
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
As a Black woman, seeking excellent healthcare has always been stressful. We are treated differently, and I’ve always had to fight to get proper health care. At first, I was so nervous about this procedure because I hate needles, and I didn't know if I would be treated like a human being. I’ve wanted to freeze my eggs for a while because I haven’t found my life partner yet. So, I wanted to make sure that I had options for my future. Thank you to everyone at Oakland Spring Fertility for giving me such a fantastic experience. But, I especially want to thank Dr. Okeigwe for guiding me through the process of freezing my eggs. She’s a GEM, and it’s so rare to find a Black fertility doctor. I was and still am ECSTATIC that she was my doctor! She took such great care of me, and I was informed every step of the way of who, what, where, and why of everything I needed to know. Dr. Okeigwe even helped me heal a trigger. I had an abortion when I was 20 years old, and unfortunately, the doctor and nurses treated me like an animal and pinned me down while they did the procedure. So from there on, every time I went to an OBGYN and put my legs up, I would go into shock from that experience. I never thought that trigger was going to be healed. But, because Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, and equipped me with all of my options, the trigger began to go away. It got to the point where I would come in for a check-up, and we would laugh, and before I knew it, I was already lying down, looking up at all of my eggs progressing. This is why representation matters, and I know for a fact that I would not have received a better experience anywhere else. Give this woman a raise and hire more diverse fertility doctors!✨
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
Get ready to have all of your options explained to you with great care and to be surrounded by people who love what they do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melanie, Ann Marie, and everyone who shot me in the arm were wonderful!)
Melanie and Ann were very bubbly, caring, informative, and professional.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I give Spring Fertility a 1000 percent with strengths! The only weakness was me not getting a survey after my procedure to brag even more about the facility and doctors that took such great care of me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility.
All together for 1 cycle of egg freezing/retrieval it was about $10,000.
Ijeoma Okeigwe

2021, 26 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Okeigwe never seemed rushed. She listened to all my concerns and addressed them. She seemed genuinely interested in my success and wellbeing: she paid close attention to my experience all along the process and adjusted my protocols accordingly. She was meticulous with things like measuring follicles - she was more accurate than one of the other doctors I saw for a monitoring appointment.
The staff at Spring in Oakland are amazing...They never missed an update or call to see how things were going. The care was well-organized, thorough and tailored for me. I appreciated the patient education resources...The wait was never more than 10 minutes to be seen (usually less) and appointments went very smoothly. Their care-team system is very effective and the staff is very communicative and easy to get a hold of.
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
With Dr. Okeigwe, I felt like I was in really good hands all throughout the egg freezing process. She made sure I was taking all the necessary steps to prevent OHSS. Her calm presence was very reassuring during the actual retrieval: this was my first operation and I went in with some anxiety. I felt that she was a very good source of knowledge and I fully felt like I could trust her judgement. She provided excellent care!
Describe the protocols Ijeoma Okeigwe used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Aygestin priming, FSH + menopur, cetrotide, lupron-only trigger, cabergaline. All of these worked well and prevented OHSS even though I had a lot of eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
The staff at Spring in Oakland are amazing: I came to expect friendly, warm staff at every visit and was never disappointed. They never missed an update or call to see how things were going. The care was well-organized, thorough and tailored for me. I appreciated the patient education resources.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic was great. The wait was never more than 10 minutes to be seen (usually less) and appointments went very smoothly. Their care-team system is very effective and the staff is very communicative and easy to get a hold of. I wasn't able to get a hold of the on-call doctor they said to contact if need be by calling the main line after hours but I may have chosen the wrong options.
Costs were covered by Progyny.
Ijeoma Okeigwe
Oakland

Mel [nurse at Spring Fertility] was always easy to get ahold of and answered all of my questions. She is also super kind and supportive...Mid-luteal protocol. Apparently Spring has had a lot of success with this protocol, I had not heard of it prior to my treatment at this clinic, and I have to say, I am very happy with it...8 embryos made it to day 5 and of those, five were euploid...For the retrieval, it was approximately $18,000. For transfer, approximately $5-$6,000.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher was the second reproductive endocrinologist I treated with over the course of about a year. I came to him very disheartened by my prior experience - both in the results and the relationship with my prior clinic and provider. Dr. Fisher was very different in every aspect from my prior experience. From the initial visit, he went through different protocols we could try during this egg retrieval to see if we could get better results, he took significant time explaining his thinking, he spent an enormous amount of time explaining medicine to me and assuring me when I was nervous. Dr. Fisher truly cares about his patients, I have not encountered this kind of care routinely and I will always be appreciative.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, Dr. Fisher will take the time to explain until you understand.
Putting aside specifically the treatment many women receive during fertility treatment where they are often treated as a number, Dr. Fisher is just a genuine person. Every interaction with Dr. Fisher it was clear that he not only cared about you as his patient, but that you were an individual and he was thinking of you individually and not as one of many. This was apparent from our countless conversations leading up to the egg retrieval but in also how he thought of my care, it was individualized and not a set protocol used on each women. His bedside manner is A+++.
Mid-luteal protocol. Apparently Spring has had a lot of success with this protocol, I had not heard of it prior to my treatment at this clinic, and I have to say, I am very happy with it. At the prior clinic I treated with, I underwent the antagonist protocol and the same amount of eggs were retrieved as at Spring (in the 20s). But the prior clinic, I only ended up with one embryo after PGS testing (3 were tested but only one was euploid. At Spring, 8 embryos made it to day 5 and of those, five were euploid.
Mel was always easy to get ahold of and answered all of my questions. She is also super kind and supportive.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Over the course of my treatment, I met almost every provider. It was nice to be able to know each doctor personally. However, I could always choose to see Dr. Fisher for all procedures (except the egg retrieval which is more time-sensitive) but felt comfortable with the skills of all the doctors at the clinic.
All of my costs were unfortunately out-of-pocket as Spring does not accept United Healthcare. For the retrieval, it was approximately $18,000. For transfer, approximately $5-$6,000.
Dr. Fisher strongly recommended single embryo transfer and I agreed.
2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Fisher was incredibly kind throughout the whole process. He was 100% engaged in our journey. Even though visits were short, he never rushed me through my questions. He always took his time. He explained everything I wanted explained. He cared very much when our two IVF cycles and transfers didn’t result in a pregnancy...He was always direct, explained things well, asked sensitive questions...
The finance department [at Spring Fertility] could use help. As far as I can tell, this is one person trying to manage it all. She just seems, busy. The front staff are nice, at all the sites I’ve been to as well. Everything is clean...IUI was about $1600 which (understandably) doesn’t include ultrasounds (another $450 per ultrasound)...Mel [nurse] provided great info all the time and was really supportive when we didn’t get the results we wanted at first...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Absurdly excellent bedside manner. He went out of his way to personally perform the second transfer and it meant the world to me (travelled into the clinic in the city on an afternoon he would normally have at a different clinic). He was always direct, explained things well, asked sensitive questions, etc. I have been incredibly happy with his care—especially after some experiences of my friends with other providers at Spring not being this excellent. I would recommend Dr. Fisher without reservation.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Even after appointments, I would think of question and email him or his staff and they would get back to me really quickly.
Dr. Fisher was incredibly kind throughout the whole process. He was 100% engaged in our journey. Even though visits were short, he never rushed me through my questions. He always took his time. He explained everything I wanted explained. He cared very much when our two IVF cycles and transfers didn’t result in a pregnancy—he knew it was a big hit for us. Dr. Fisher continued to care but also was realistic about what we could expect from trying an IUI cycle afterward. I never felt like he didn’t care about me.
Always great! Mel provided great info all the time and was really supportive when we didn’t get the results we wanted at first.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The finance department could use help. As far as I can tell, this is one person trying to manage it all. She just seems, busy. The front staff are nice, at all the sites I’ve been to as well. Everything is clean.
He highly recommend the eSET. No objection from us.
Oakland

Some of the nurses [at Spring Fertility] go between the Oakland and SF office so it was really nice on the day of my transfer to see one of our nurses in SF and get a hug before I went in for the procedure...We did ICSI, genetic testing and frozen transfer with one embryo. Overall with medications we paid between $25-30k...easy location in Oakland, clean and cozy clinic, amazing staff. The SF clinic is similar. Things to know- parking at the Oakland clinic is difficult but not terrible. We only went to SF for the weekends and the day of procedures and found parking easily. If you have any questions or concerns with finances work with your coordinator to manage them. Spring basically has packages and we had no surprises with our costs.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Minjarez treated me differently than the other fertility doctors I had seen. I was exhausted with misinformation and feeling like none of the doctors I met with were fully in control of a plan toward success. However, Dr. Minjarez was direct in her communication and let me know what challenges were ahead and she did it compassionately. Kaiser has sent over 450 pages of my medical records and I assumed it would be too much to read through so I came to the appointment with a timeline. When I met with Dr. Minjarez she knew everything I’d been through and already had a tailored plan. The major part of feeling confident and secure with Dr. Minjarez is that she was open to hearing my questions, thoroughly explained things, and if I had a specific request she was open to it. Many of the doctors I’d had before treated my journey as an experiment I.E. sure, I have no idea if that will work so let’s try it. That’s never comforting. As a queer female couple, every time we tried to get pregnant was costly financially and emotionally. Dr. Minjarez was the only doctor that understood that balance and knew that we didn’t have time or money to waste. Lastly, Dr. Minjarez treats you based on your cycle - the clinic didn’t make me take medications in order to fill their schedule. So when my body was ready they were able to always accommodate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
If you have any doubts or questions make sure to always ask them before you leave the appointment. She is busy but always has time to explain and answer things.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Minjarez and her team were dedicated to my fertility journey. They addressed me and my wife personally, compassionately, and made sure we left with all the information we needed. Even though the office visits were efficient and brief we never felt rushed (helpful when you need to rush to work!). I was thankful that the staff were friendly and always rooted for our success.
Describe the protocols Debra Minjarez used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Because I’d already had an extensive journey with medication, Dr. Minjarez was able to tailor my injections and quantities based off my history. Surprisingly, she didn’t prescribe the highest amount of injections that I’d used before. Instead she explained to me that I didn’t need as much as I’d had before (that doctor had really amped up the meds) in order to produce. When I had my transfer she prescribed clomid. Previously I’d had a weird reaction to clomid (Rx from the same doctor that had rx’ed high amounts of injections) and Dr. Minjarez walked me through trying it again at a different dosage and taking them at night. She let me know that I could change the meds if I needed to. She was right and I didn’t have a negative reaction when I took them. After I had the embryo transfer I was able to just have progesterone suppositories instead of injecting. This is uncommon with the other doctors I’d met with and I was so thankful that Dr. Minjarez knew the up to date science and confirmed that my numbers were high enough for suppositories. Most other doctors just automatically prescribe progesterone injections no matter what.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sonia, care coordinator. Flo, nurse)
Sonia was our coordinator and she is amazing. Super organized and totally invested in our journey to have a baby. As a queer couple, the entire staff embraced us and always addressed me and my wife appropriately. The nurses were all great! We mostly worked with Flo but also had other nurses. They were all knowledgeable and knew my medical chart very well. That type of knowledge and attention never happens at other clinics. Some of the nurses go between the Oakland and SF office so it was really nice on the day of my transfer to see one of our nurses in SF and get a hug before I went in for the procedure.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths- easy location in Oakland, clean and cozy clinic, amazing staff. The SF clinic is similar. Things to know- parking at the Oakland clinic is difficult but not terrible. We only went to SF for the weekends and the day of procedures and found parking easily. If you have any questions or concerns with finances work with your coordinator to manage them. Spring basically has packages and we had no surprises with our costs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility.
We did ICSI, genetic testing and frozen transfer with one embryo. Overall with medications we paid between $25-30k. Our insurance didn’t cover anything.
Describe Debra Minjarez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
We preferred single embryo transfer and Dr. Minjarez agreed. We did PGS testing and ICSI to have the best chances of only needing the eSET. This was recommended by Dr. Minjarez and we were happy with the results.
Oakland

I really had to push for extra time [from Dr. Minjarez] to understand my treatment. On one instance, she made a quick decision that had major financial and treatment implications for me that were not explained. It all worked out, but I would prefer more discussion and shared decision making...Egg retrieval was stimulated with gonal f and menupour, which resulted in many more eggs than expected. ICSI successfully resulted in the expected number of embryos. I was advised to do PGS. A controlled cycle was used for the FET because I was not ovulating under the natural cycle as we initially hoped. First FET resulted in pregnancy.
Mel [nurse at Spring Fertility] was great. Very timely in response and helped me advocate for the care I needed...This clinic relies on the RN for most patient communications, so if you want more access to your doctor you need to push. I recommend meeting with the financial counselor regularly to assess payment options. I had a tricky insurance situation and we were able to get advice on how to minimize out of pocket expenses.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Most importantly, I got results with Dr Minjarez. I have no doubts in her clinical decisions for me. She isn’t the most warm and cuddly practitoner, which I don’t mind, but I did not have a great experience with her as a communicator. It felt like she didn’t want to take the time to explain my treatment plan to me. I really had to push for extra time to understand my treatment. On one instance, she made a quick decision that had major financial and treatment implications for me that were not explained. It all worked out, but I would prefer more discussion and shared decision making.
Push for time and explanation if you feel like you need a better understanding. My pushing always worked even though I consistently had to do it.
The overall care team is great but I didn’t get much direct time with my doctor at Spring. Almost all Appointments are for ultrasounds, which is five minutes and then you get rushed out. If you have questions after, everything goes through the nurse. My nurse was great, but I had times when I needed further explanation from my doctor on treatment, which I felt like I really had to push for.
Mel was great. Very timely in response and helped me advocate for the care I needed. She met all my needs and expectations.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
All the staff are friendly and responsive. This clinic relies on the RN for most patient communications, so if you want more access to your doctor you need to push. I recommend meeting with the financial counselor regularly to assess payment options. I had a tricky insurance situation and we were able to get advice on how to minimize out of pocket expenses.
Oakland
Because we did the PGT we only transferred one egg [with Dr. Debra Minjarez]. Very happy with that decision...She is friendly and informative. She made me feel empowered which I believe contributed to the success of our transfer...Due to my husband's infertility, we did ICSI and PGT....She took us on with an intensity we needed to feel like IVF would work for us. Her confidence is infectious.
Due to my husband's infertility, we did ICSI and PGT [at Spring Fertility]...They [nurses] are kind, younger but energetic. I appreciate the positivity in the clinic by the nurses and staff. They are helpful but not too much. I am pretty quiet and I appreciated being left alone as well and not forced to make small talk. IVF is intense enough...was able to schedule us appointments, the same week as our consultation. Spring didn't pressure us into choosing them either, they offered us more information and availability. Spring helped us transfer medical records to their clinic so we wouldn't have to start over, which saved us money. The costs for Kaiser and Spring out of pocket were very similar. However I was able to save time being able to have ultrasounds and bloodwork done in Oakland instead of in Fremont. I got pregnant on our first transfer at 39. If you are thinking of leavin
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
After having an awkward time at Kaiser's IVF clinic, working with Dr. Minjarez was a pleasure. She is friendly and informative. She made me feel empowered which I believe contributed to the success of our transfer.
Ask questions, no matter how dumb. Don't be afraid to share your experience with her. She took us on with an intensity we needed to feel like IVF would work for us. Her confidence is infectious.
Due to my husband's infertility, we did ICSI and PGT.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Irina)
They are kind, younger but energetic. I appreciate the positivity in the clinic by the nurses and staff. They are helpful but not too much. I am pretty quiet and I appreciated being left alone as well and not forced to make small talk. IVF is intense enough.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I am leaving this review mostly for women/couples who are trying to decide between staying at Kaiser because you have Kaiser insurance or going with an outside clinic. I am very happy with our decision to leave Kaiser. After they cancelled all our appointments during the pandemic, their IVF doctor put us back on the waitlist even when they reopened because they had to restart other patients cycles. Understandable but waiting was not an option at my age. Spring was able to schedule us appointments, the same week as our consultation. Spring didn't pressure us into choosing them either, they offered us more information and availability. Spring helped us transfer medical records to their clinic so we wouldn't have to start over, which saved us money. The costs for Kaiser and Spring out of pocket were very similar. However I was able to save time being able to have ultrasounds and bloodwork done in Oakland instead of in Fremont. I got pregnant on our first transfer at 39. If you are thinking of leaving Kaiser, I am happy I did and feel my results are because of the care and intelligence of the staff at Spring. They are up to date on technology and have more than one doctor on staff.
Because we did the PGT we only transferred one egg. Very happy with that decision.

2020 - 2021, Successful
They [nurses at Spring Fertility] always remembered me...They were very available to answer questions and were very helpful...The financial people could have given us more frequent updates about when big payments were coming up. With sums of money that large, we sometimes needed a few days to transfer money from one account to another....
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher is great! He understands how difficult the process can be and is very empathetic. He monitored all aspects of my progress and frequently adjusted things to make sure that we were making the best choices at every step. At our initial consultation, he explained that our chances weren't great, but we ended up conceiving after one cycle and I'm due to give birth in three weeks.
Feel free to be honest and candid. He really listens.
I was really negative about treatment in the beginning (b/c stats were not hopeful and we'd been through so much already) and he really made an effort to empathize. It made a huge difference and we got along really well.
I've mostly tried to forget, but we did an extra week of hormone injections in the beginning before the transfer to let the eggs grow. Then, we postponed the transfer for one cycle and I did suppositories because my progesterone levels were too low. We made all these decisions together.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
They always remembered me, even though we were in masks all the time. They were very available to answer questions and were very helpful. Everyone was really nice and I have good memories of the whole process, despite the discomforts.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Overall, really great experience. Caring, comforting people and very mindful that patients felt physically and emotionally fragile. They really gave personalized care with frequent testing to make sure we got the best outcomes. I thought it was pretty expensive, but since it only took one round (avg is 3 for my age), in the end, I think I saved money! Weakness: The financial people could have given us more frequent updates about when big payments were coming up. With sums of money that large, we sometimes needed a few days to transfer money from one account to another.
A little under $30,000 for the whole thing. Around $18,000 for the first part (extraction), $4000 for all pre-extraction meds (unlimited meds, rather than paying per Rx - ended up saving us money) , then another maybe $5000 for the embryo transfer, genetic testing was a few thousand, I had to take progesterone, which was a few hundred, and some ultrasounds.
We only had one good embryo.

2021, 56 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Fisher is one of the most thorough and approachable physicians I have ever come across. His bedside manner is second to none. I went through 3 cycles of egg freezing with Dr. Fisher and fully trusted him. Dr. Fisher did not sugarcoat anything and was honest and direct about what to expect. My actual results actually exceeded my expectations...underwent 3 cycles of the mid-luteal treatment protocol...
Spring Fertility is very organized and very communicative. They checked in on me often and responded to all my inquiries and concerns in a timely manner. They are also very compassionate and kind and it really shows in the way they communicate with and treat their patients...If my doctor was not available, another doctor performed the ultrasound...Melissa (my nurse), Paige (my care coordinator) and there rest of the staff at Spring Fertility were organized, on top of things and very patient and understanding....
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher has incredible bedside manner, which is very much needed in this profession since fertility is a very sensitive matter. He also explained everything thoroughly and I trusted him completely.
As all the questions you need. Dr. Fisher is very patient and understanding and he will explain everything to you thoroughly.
Dr. Fisher is one of the most thorough and approachable physicians I have ever come across. His bedside manner is second to none. I went through 3 cycles of egg freezing with Dr. Fisher and fully trusted him. Dr. Fisher did not sugarcoat anything and was honest and direct about what to expect. My actual results actually exceeded my expectations!
I underwent 3 cycles of the mid-luteal treatment protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Caponi)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
I had no issues going to any of my monitoring appointments. If my doctor was not available, another doctor performed the ultrasound and I did not have any problems with that.
I don't recall because I only paid $2500 (the full amount of my deductible) for my first cycle and my insurance covered the remainder of that cycle, plus the 2 other subsequent cycles.

2021, Successful
Dr. Dovey was always very personable, warm, and professional during our encounters. When I expressed concerns or asked questions about my situation, she always addressed them with a helpful response...Right off the bat we decided to do ICSI for the best chances of fertilization and do a frozen transfer as I wanted to do PGT-A testing...She never gave me any reason to be anything but confident in our plan...
Spring is an amazing clinic. I love that they offer live monthly webinars as it gives newbies a great resource of information. Their website is also a wealth of knowledge. I also found them to be very transparent with regards to costs of service...Egg Retrieval and ICSI (approx $18k which included PGT-A)...Frozen Embryo Transfer (approx $4.5k)...medications (approx $5k) I wish cost of medication was included with the retrieval and FET...
How was your experience with Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility?
I always felt like I was in great hands with Dr. Dovey. It was clear that she wouldn't make any final decisions about my plan/treatment until she had all the information she needed to make an educated decision. She never gave me any reason to be anything but confident in our plan and everything has worked out very well so far! Looking back, I never thought to ask Dr. Dovey what she expected my outcome to be given my numbers and that also wasn't something she proactively discussed with me. In my experience, it was definitely "I don't know what I don't know" and it might have been more helpful for Dr. Dovey to tell me what other questions I should be asking. But on the other hand, she probably knows too much information is not always a good thing. At the end of the day, I know she had my best interest at heart and did everything she could to be successful. And we were successful!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility?
Ask Dr. Dovey what results/outcomes you should predict based on your diagnosis and treatment plan. It will help to set expectations, especially if IVF is very new to you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Serena Dovey used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Right off the bat we decided to do ICSI for the best chances of fertilization and do a frozen transfer as I wanted to do PGT-A testing. For my protocol, Dr. Dovey decided to have me do a mid-luteal start because I had just gotten my J&J vaccine and was worried about enhanced blood clot risks of taking birth control to prep for stims. With a mid-luteal start, I did not have to take birth control so I was very happy with that decision. Given my diagnosis of PCOS and high follicle count, we did a relatively low dose of medications and had frequent monitoring appointments. We stimmed for 14 days total because we wanted as many eggs to mature as possible. The night I triggered I also started Caborgoline as a preventative measure against OHSS. For the FET, we did a modified natural cycle (which I was surprised she recommended because I don't ovulate on my own, though I respond well to Letrozole). She explained the benefits of this protocol but offered to do a fully medicated/controlled cycle if I felt more comfortable. I decided to do the modified natural because she felt confident. I did not respond to the Letrozole as well as we hoped, so she added 75 units of Gonal F for 5 nights (with monitoring appointments to track progress) to help my dominate follicle grow and to thicken my lining. After I triggered, I took progesterone suppositories before the transfer and all the way up t0 my second positive Beta. We did the 1st Beta 12 days after transfer as I had vacation plans (otherwise it would have been 14 days)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Paige Daniel (care coordinator) and Samantha Jensen (Nurse))
Everyone at Spring was a very good communicator and I enjoyed everyone I worked with
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility.
There were 3 main buckets of costs: 1)Egg Retrieval and ICSI (approx $18k which included PGT-A), 2)Frozen Embryo Transfer (approx $4.5k), and 3) medications (approx $5k) I wish cost of medication was included with the retrieval and FET - it seems a little misleading not to as they are so expensive
Describe Serena Dovey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
N/A- I only wanted to transfer one embryo and we were aligned on that
Serena Dovey
Oakland

I preferred interacting with Dr. Harris [at Spring Fertility] directly to discuss my treatment plan. Initially, I was assigned to Nanette who was difficult to reach via e-mail and sometimes I didn't understand her recommendations. Additionally, I had one chemical pregnancy and she didn't provide the level of compassion I expected from a nurse.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Harris was relatable and easy to talk to; in the few visits where my husband joined me, he provided a place that was comfortable for a man going through this process. He was very clear on his thoughts on IUI vs. IVF up front but mentally, I wasn't ready to go straight to IVF w/o trying IUI. He respected my decision and supported me. He is very optimistic and always tells me everything "looks great" which is ironic because I feel like I'd be pregnant already if everything was truly "great". As I experienced set backs, one being a lab error (scheduled for the wrong day for my FET), Dr. Harris accepted accountability but was pretty dismissive of my emotional state and just kept saying he has faith I will eventually be a mom despite acknowledging the IVF fatigue I was experiencing. He also provided a "pregnancy guarantee" which never came into fruition under his care so it felt a bit like an empty promise.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Take advantage of the time you have with him and ask a lot of questions. During each treatment I would ask him the questions I had instead of trying to schedule calls thru the clinic. But if I needed to do calls through the clinic, I'd do that. Do not always depend on the nurse being your "middle man". He's a great doctor but I cannot recommend the clinic in good faith. They don't care about their patients in the way you deserve to be cared for.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Harris was personable and spoke in terms I understood. However when things started getting difficult (failed transfer) he was seemingly less understanding, said that 1/3 embryo doesn't result in a live birth and was overly optimistic which didn't help the pain I was experiencing. Towards the end of treatment it was clear to me that Spring was processing patients like a factory vs. a personalized experience. This became evident when my protocol was impacted due to a clinical error.
Describe the protocols Isiah Harris used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I have "unexplained infertility", before trying I visited him to get the full work up to ensure my reproductive system was working as expected. However, I never had a HSG which I feel like is odd for someone who was doing IUI. I came to Dr. Harris for my first IUI, which I did during a Letrozole cycle. He was supportive but said I'd have better success with IVF. After the second failed IUI (chemical pregnancy), I begun IVF, so in a way I feel like he was right all along but it took me awhile to get there emotionally/mentally. IVF hasn't been as much of a "sure bet" as he explained it would be.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
I preferred interacting with Dr. Harris directly to discuss my treatment plan. Initially, I was assigned to Nanette who was difficult to reach via e-mail and sometimes I didn't understand her recommendations. Additionally, I had one chemical pregnancy and she didn't provide the level of compassion I expected from a nurse. She rarely replied to my emails in a timely fashion and I recently learned she works from home so I've never met her in person. Upon expressing concern to Spring about my nurse, they changed me to Jill who is FANTASTIC. She has really been an angel in the entire process, addressing all of the gaps I expressed with the previous nurse. However, when Jill is out I do not trust the other nurses to fully execute my care. For example, when Jill was out of the office another nurse scheduled my FET on the wrong day, meaning I missed my window of repetitive and the FET was cancelled which was heart breaking. I am really displeased with this outcome and working with the clinic & Dr. Harris specifically on being made "whole" from this devastating experience which means another FET to be covered by Spring.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring clinic is conveniently located in Redwood City, San Francisco and Oakland. Their clinics are state of the art and have a clean aesthetic with coordinating decor which is welcoming. They are very timely with their appointments. However, Spring does not take time to understand underlying fertility issues and the items they miss could be the reason you aren't conceiving. I can't trust them whole heatedly and they do not treat you like person with the several hoops you need to jump through to talk to the doctors.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
Spring is a Fertility Factory, sometimes they get it right and thats sheer luck but mostly they don't.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility.
100% covered by Progyny insurance after meeting my insurance deductible
Describe Isiah Harris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
I wouldn't mind twins but Dr. Harris said he would only transfer one embryo at my age.
Redwood City

Dr. Harris is the nicest, most empathetic doctor I have ever had. Even with a mask on his smile is contagious. He has so much positive energy which helped me get through everything. He was not excessively optimistic. He helped me to set reasonable or even a little bit low expectations so that I could be prepared for various things that could happen. He took time to answer all the questions I threw at him. It is on you to ask questions though if you are interested in non-essential things. I was amazed how well he kept track of my case while also taking care of many other patients.
All of the nurses that took care of me [at Spring Fertility] were amazing and so nice. I emailed Aubrey so many questions everyday and she was so patient and compassionate and helpful. The nurses in the Redwood City clinic and surgical nurses in SF were great. I couldn't ask for a better team. Both of my cycles were during the COVID lockdown and I still felt like everyone was so warm and professional. No one asked me to write a review, I just had such a good experience with Dr. Harris and the clinic overall that I wanted to say thank you to these awesome heroes!
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Harris is super nice. He is also very experienced and sharp. He has a compassionate nature and a good sense of humor. He also helped someone else I know and she said he was amazing with her as well through a long IVF journey.
I think choosing a doctor is personal so you might want to do a consultation with a couple of doctors and then choose which one you felt best with. If you work with Dr. Harris or any doctor I'd say make sure to do some research on IVF so that you can know what questions to ask. Write down your questions and don't hesitate to ask them to your doctor and nurses.
First cycle we did a follicular protocol with Aygestin and ten days of Gonal and Menopur with great results. Second cycle we did a midluteal protocol where you start 5 days after ovulation and twelve days of Gonal and Menopur with even better results. The doctor said he wished he could take credit but there is some randomness in how many follicles your body has each month so unclear how much the protocol helped but I was very happy he could make adjustments based on my first cycle to create a better second cycle and that he was humble about it and how well it worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Aubrey Baker)
All of the nurses that took care of me were amazing and so nice. I emailed Aubrey so many questions everyday and she was so patient and compassionate and helpful. The nurses in the Redwood City clinic and surgical nurses in SF were great. I couldn't ask for a better team. Both of my cycles were during the COVID lockdown and I still felt like everyone was so warm and professional. No one asked me to write a review, I just had such a good experience with Dr. Harris and the clinic overall that I wanted to say thank you to these awesome heroes!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring does a lot of little things that are very nice like letting you email your nurse. They also have a great website with videos about everything including how to do all the shots. They spoiled me with things like they gave me a small box of chocolate when I finished my retrievals. Their clinics are nice and clean and nicely decorated. For me I am near Redwood City so it was not ideal I had to go to SF for weekend appointments and retrieval but it was worth it to me. Since I did have appointments on weekends and on two holidays I ended up seeing some different doctors (Dr. Tran, Dr. Fisher and NP Audrey Krall) but I felt like they very cohesively communicated my case and my instructions with Dr. Harris and my nurse Aubrey Baker. I got a lot of phone calls before and after the retrieval to make sure my questions were answered. They all make up a great team. I think with any clinic you do have to realize that you need to be informed and not expect the nurses or doctors will totally hold your hand on everything. You need to educate yourself about your body, IVF, risks, statistics and options and ask them lots of questions. Keep low/reasonable expectations for everything to minimize bad surprises or disappointment. It is very hard to predict your outcome and the doctors are trying their best but you need to advocate for yourself and raise any concerns. I advise creating a document or notebook for yourself with your plan, your options, your risks, your questions just like you might do for a work project. I recommend therapy or a support group as needed. Part of your plan should be how you will handle all the uncertainty in this process through things like music, art, meditation, friends, movies, time off, baking, etc. It is very hard on your body and your mind.

2021, Consult
Dr. Tran does not have a good bedside manner. He was entirely agitated, annoyed, and distant during our appointments. He couldn't answer our questions, or wouldn't provide a clear answer. He was really unprofessional - cussing, overly blunt, and cut me off mid-sentence several times. He also went on weird random rants that didn't really have to do with my care...I would not feel safe having him as my doctor - his language, tone, and attitude were all unpleasant...
My experience there [Spring Fertility] was very intense, and insensitive. I would suggest seeing another doctor besides Dr. Tran. I really regret waiting to see him specifically. I hope that the next patient will have better luck than I did...Consultation $450...Dr. Tran does not have a good bedside manner. He was entirely agitated, annoyed, and distant during our appointments. He couldn't answer our questions, or wouldn't provide a clear answer. He was really unprofessional - cussing, overly blunt, and cut me off mid-sentence several times.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Because of his behavior, I would not recommend anyone to see Dr. Tran. He is easily annoyed and agitated. I would not feel safe having him as my doctor - his language, tone, and attitude were all unpleasant. He is very detached, judgemental, and a bully.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
If you plan on seeing him, stand up for yourself, do not let him push you around. He will try to make you feel less than human.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
My experience there was very intense, and insensitive. I would suggest seeing another doctor besides Dr. Tran. I really regret waiting to see him specifically. I hope that the next patient will have better luck than I did.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at Spring Fertility.
Consultation $450

2020, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Isiah Harris] is friendly, but very busy...I felt is a default protocol to everyone. Even sent medication by nurse per email without any explanation why should I take the pills. During the ultrasound never said anything I need ask all the time about the sizes and is the medicine was working well...He just does single embryo transfer
She [nurse at Spring Fertility] is friendly but not easy to reach out...They asked to take some pills before the IVF and never explain why and for what propose...The clinic seems always full, and the doctors very busy. You just see the doctor on the ultrasound time, and it less them 5 minutes. Is not possible reach out the doctors just hardly the nurses. And in my opinion they have a default protocol to everyone.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
He is friendly but don't explain why the protocol, and I felt is a default protocol to everyone. Even sent medication by nurse per email without any explanation why should I take the pills. During the ultrasound never said anything I need ask all the time about the sizes and is the medicine was working well.
He is friendly, but very busy
He is very friendly, but not easy to reach out by phone or email
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette)
She is friendly but not easy to reach out
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
He just does single embryo transfer

2018 - 2020, Successful
What we appreciated the most was Dr Tran's direct, confident and no fluff demeanor. Often times, he was more confident in a positive outcome than we were which is what I would want with my fertility doctor. We did experience 1 miscarriage with an IUI cycle which Dr Tran showed a nice balance of compassion and yet still a focus on the path forward...If you want a personalized, down to business, direct and a results driven outcome, then Dr Tran is who you'd want to see.
[Spring Fertility's] strengths: medical staff, knowledge of the co-founding doctors, the nursing staff and nurse practitioner are also all great, inviting, organized, clean, resourceful as they have medications on hand if you need it in an emergency sense...If I had one critique, it would be with the financial coordinator who didn't always know the answers to some pretty simple questions I had regarding mediation cost and wasn't always prompt in communication response.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
We couldn't be happier as patients of Dr Tran. We saw him at Spring in 2018 when the clinic was still growing and again at the end of 2019 when the clinic had grown exponentially but we experienced the same level of care from Dr Tran. What we appreciated the most was Dr Tran's direct, confident and no fluff demeanor. Often times, he was more confident in a positive outcome than we were which is what I would want with my fertility doctor. We did experience 1 miscarriage with an IUI cycle which Dr Tran showed a nice balance of compassion and yet still a focus on the path forward.
If you want a fertility doctor who is going to hold your hand, provide some fluffiness to your consults and consultations with a pair of rosy glasses on, this is not the doctor for you. If you want a personalized, down to business, direct and a results driven outcome, then Dr Tran is who you'd want to see.
We've been a patient of Dr Tran's for 2 separate treatment cycles and have always felt like our consults and treatment conversations were personalized. He was always available for questions and concerns outside of appointment times.
Describe the protocols Nam Tran used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Walking into the clinic, I thought for sure we would be doing IVF but after our consultation, ultrasound and fertility vitals, Dr Tran recommended that we start with IUI first since the more %s of increase in chances of being pregnant with IVF vs IUI wasn't worth the exponential extra cost of IVF. For our first treatment cycle, we did two rounds of IUIs. The first round resulted in a miscarriage at 5.5 weeks and the second round results in my now healthy toddler. For our second treatment cycle which was 10 months after giving birth, we did two rounds of IUI. The first round didn't take and the second round resulted in twins which I am currently in the third trimester of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
I worked with multiple nurses at Spring Fertility and all were very responsive and helpful. I hardly ever had to stress about communication or to knowing answers to questions I had during my treatment. I only had 1 confusing situation/encounters which was caused by miscommunication with one of the medical assistants but cleared up with Dr Tran. If I had one critique, it would be with the financial coordinator who didn't always know the answers to some pretty simple questions I had regarding mediation cost and wasn't always prompt in communication response.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Clinic strengths: medical staff, knowledge of the co-founding doctors, the nursing staff and nurse practitioner are also all great, inviting, organized, clean, resourceful as they have medications on hand if you need it in an emergency sense. Weakness: communication with the financial coordinator.
The initial consult was out of pocket which was reasonable. My first two IUI cycles were covered by work and we paid out of pocket for the 2nd two IUI cycles which we found was reasonable as well.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
My experience with Dr. Klatsky in 2018 for the egg retrieval was flawless. He kept me updated and educated on why he was doing particular procedures or prescribing medications and was very empathetic to all of the side effects throughout the process. When I came back in for the embryo transfer in 2020, I felt more disconnected. He relies heavily on his IVF nurse lead (who was great) to keep track of medications and cycle stages. There was one appointment i particular that he wasn't aware of what medications I was currently taking and he made recommendations to change medication and move up the cycle. I then received an email from his nurse later that day stating to not make the changes the Dr. had recommended, because he was not aware of exactly what meds I was on and to keep things as originally scheduled. Dr. Klatsky did follow up after our failed embryo transfer, answered all of our questions and was very empathetic and apologetic about the miscommunication that had occured throughout the FET cycle. He discussed in depth the plan for our next FET and why we would take that approach and it has been scheduled to happen within the next two months.
Overall Spring is a good clinic. ... The billing department is very responsive, but it took many emails and hours over the phone with them to get the proper paperwork to try and submit to my out of network insurance. My Dr. was changed the day of my transfer to Dr. Tran (whom I have never met or interacted with) and I was not informed until he came into the room to do the transfer and introduced himself. This was very off putting to me and added a lot of stress on a day when you do not want your stress levels to be high. The clinic was very apologetic about it and I trust that they will have better communication with me for our next FET.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
The advice that I would give to a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky is to make sure you ask a lot of questions and don't hesitate to request for a follow up phone call if more information is needed or questions need to be answered after an appointment or consultation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
The first time I came into the clinic in 2018 I felt like I was treated like a human and not just a number. My Dr. and all of the nurses knew me by name and by the end of my egg retrieval the started to feel like family. When I came back in Feb 2020 to start the embryo transfer process, my experience was a bit different. It seemed like the waiting room was more crowded, procedure dates and times were changed 2-3 times due to scheduling issues (not due to my cycle) and there was some miscommunication happening. Thankfully, the missteps that were made were quickly corrected along the way and did not affect my treatment protocol.
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
My husband and I had been trying for over a year to get pregnant before we came into the clinic. Dr. Klatsky preformed a saline sonogram, and HSG, an ultrasound and ordered blood work for both my husband and I. He then diagnosed me with Unexplained Infertility saying that all of the tests came out clear. He also took into account the results of my husbands sperm sample that we had previously had done. He recommended IVF, stating that IUI has less chances of working to get us pregnant. We went with his recommendation and started IVF asap. We did a retrieval under his care and did pgs testing at his recommendation to prevent miscarriage or failed FETs. We then did a medicated FET that was not successful. Dr. Klatsky recommended a medicated FET (with intramuscular progesterone shots and estrogen patches), because during the retrieval he stated that my lining was pretty thin and that the medicated protocol would rule out the lining being a factor. Dr. Klatsky, as well as my husband and I were all pretty surprised when the first round didn't work, since everything went well, lining looked good and the embryo was a "perfect" 5AA. After following up after the transfer, Dr. Klatsky has changed his approach for our next FET to a natural transfer, as I reminded him of my history of pelvic tension issues, interstitial cystitis and spotting. He wants to make sure that endometriosis isn't a factor, although I don't have many of the symptoms and he has done the majority of non- invasive tests to rule it out. Just in case I do have it he does not want to give me estrogen for the next cycle, which causes endo to flare. It will be a risk because there is a chance my lining may not be thick enough on transfer day, but he thinks it is best to try something different than last time to rule out endometriosis or any other factors that may be preventing us from getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel Maley)
Laurel Maley is our nurse coordinator. She is a great communicator, responded promptly, is compassionate and always in the know of what medications I am taking and was stage of my cycle I was in. She was great and one of the best parts of my experience at Spring.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Overall Spring is a good clinic. From the waiting room to the Dr.'s offices it is very clean and welcoming. The nurses and staff are all very nice and greet you with a warm smile every time you are in the office. It seems like their client load has increased since we first came for our IVF retrieval in 2018, which I think was the cause to procedures times being altered multiple times and long waits for appointments. The billing department is very responsive, but it took many emails and hours over the phone with them to get the proper paperwork to try and submit to my out of network insurance. My Dr. was changed the day of my transfer to Dr. Tran (whom I have never met or interacted with) and I was not informed until he came into the room to do the transfer and introduced himself. This was very off putting to me and added a lot of stress on a day when you do not want your stress levels to be high. The clinic was very apologetic about it and I trust that they will have better communication with me for our next FET.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility.
I believe the IVF retrieval was around 12,000-15,000. The FET with consultation, tests, monitoring and transfer was 5,100.
Describe Peter Klatsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr. Klatsky recommended against putting in multiple embryos at my age (33) and with my diagnosis (unexplained infertility) as it could cause a high risk pregnancy (multiples). I don't even think the clinic allows people to ask for multiple transfers at my age or with my diagnosis, but I am sure there are certain exceptions that they may do so. We allowed the clinic to pick the best out of our 3 pgs tested embryos and asked for the gender to be confidential and not shared with us.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
My tansfer procedure was rescheduled to 3 different times the day leading up to it, one of the times being only an hour and a half before the procedure was originally scheduled for. Dr. Tran did my transfer the day of and I was not informed that it would not be my primary doctor Dr. Klatsky until Dr. Tran walked in to do the procedure and introduced himself. The changing of appointment multiple times and not knowing that the Dr. for my transfer had changed until the moment of my transfer added a lot of stress to an already stressful process. It was apologized for by the nurse and Dr., but was definitely very upsetting and frustrating.
Peter Klatsky
San Francisco

[Dr. Minjarez] seemed very queer friendly...felt like she was just going through the motions but that we weren't developing a relationship...I would have liked my doctor to be more responsive...changing course as new information was revealed...as a 40 year old queer woman with DOR and autoimmune issues, I didn't feel like they offered the individualized support that I need.
as a 40 year old queer woman with DOR and autoimmune issues, I didn't feel like they [Spring Fertility] offered the individualized support that I need...was given incorrect information about sperm viability from the medical assistant and then an andrology lab tech...front desk people are very business like and basically just take your money...boring but contemporary waiting room with free snacks...doctor seemed to mostly run on time. It was clean and quiet.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
After 6 unsuccessful vaginal inseminations and 5 unsuccessful IUIs with fresh known donor sperm at home with a midwife, my partner and I went to Dr Minjarez because I'd heard that she was very experienced after having worked at CCRM for ~20 years. At our initial consult, she seemed warm and matter of fact, going through the usual statistics for someone my age, etc. She seemed very queer friendly. My partner and I made a point to tell her we did not want to do IVF (we were nervous she was going to push it on us so went in a little defensive) and she said "let's do 3 medicated/monitored IUIs and see..." At each monitoring appointment, she briskly relayed my follicle count in a neutral tone, without embellishing any details. I was never given a diagnosis although my understanding is that I have diminished ovarian reserve since at 39 years old, I only got 4-5 follicles per cycle and my AMH was around 1. I also have multiple autoimmune conditions, including Hashimoto's but she didn't seem concerned about that and said as long as my TSH was under 2 there wasn't anything to worry about. It felt like she was just going through the motions but that we weren't developing a relationship or a game plan. I guess I would have liked my doctor to be more responsive and engaged- telling me what they thought would be the best course of action and changing course as new information was revealed. I sensed that the doctors at Spring are very systematic and just assign people to their place in the rubric without concern for individual factors. The staff seemed pretty organized as far as email and phone follow ups, although I did have a concerning interaction regarding viability of fresh, washed sperm in IUI. The medical assistant told me over the phone it was viable for 3-5 days in the uterus which I disagreed with so she transferred me to someone in andrology, who backed her up. When I shared this with Dr Minjarez, she said that they were both wrong and she'd follow up. After my third unsuccessful medicated and monitored IUI, they emailed me to ask the result of my pregnancy test. I felt too demoralized (after 15 total unsuccessful tries) to reply and I never heard from them again- to discuss next steps or anything. I feel like they dropped the ball by not reaching out again, but it has only been 2 weeks since their last email so I'll see... I don't think I'll continue at Spring because it just doesn't seem personalized enough. It may be a great place for egg freezing or maybe male factor is where they really shine, but as a 40 year old queer woman with DOR and autoimmune issues, I didn't feel like they offered the individualized support that I need.
Write down your questions in advance of your appointments because they go by in a flash and it's hard to think when you're in stirrups. Also take notes during the appointment so you don't forget your follicle count, etc (again- hard to remember things you heard while you were in stirrups).
Dr Minjarez was always warm and friendly, asking how I was and making chit-chat. She seemed fairly aware of my history with her although she didn't always remember details from previous visits. The staff at Spring is always very cheerful but it sometimes felt a little forced.
I was given 7.5mg letrozole day 2-6 and trigger shot (ovidrel) for 3 cycles. The monitoring appointments were on day 2 and then around day 14 (because I typically ovulate on day 17). I didn't sense that I had much response to the letrozole, but who's to say because I wasn't monitoring before I started taking it. I did vaginal inseminations at home and IUIs at home with a midwife, based on the timing recommended by Dr Minjarez. Although the timing seemed just right, I did not become pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
There were many people who walked me in and out of the ultrasound room- were they nurses or medical assistants? I'm not sure. They were all a little over the top cheerful in a young person/customer service sort of way. There were never any mistakes made or bad behavior.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The front desk people are very business like and basically just take your money. There is a boring but contemporary waiting room with free snacks (energy bars) and bubby water in cans. The doctor seemed to mostly run on time. It was clean and quiet.
The initial consult and each monitoring appointment cost $450. I don't believe they accept insurance.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
As I wrote earlier in this review, I was given incorrect information about sperm viability from the medical assistant and then an andrology lab tech.
San Francisco

I never had a HSG which I feel like is odd for someone who was doing IUI. I came to Dr. Harris for my first IUI, which I did during a Letrozole cycle. He was supportive but said I'd have better success with IVF. After the second failed IUI (chemical pregnancy), I begun IVF, so in a way I feel like he was right all along but it took me awhile to get there emotionally/mentally. IVF hasn't been as much of a "sure bet" as he explained it would be but I am maneuvering through the process in hopes of his optimism turning into a baby...said he would only transfer one embryo at my age.
Initially, I was assigned to Nanette [nurse at Spring] who was difficult to reach via e-mail and sometimes I didn't understand her recommendations. Additionally, I had one chemical pregnancy and she didn't provide the level of compassion I expected from a nurse. She rarely replied to my emails in a timely fashion and I recently learned she works from home so I've never met her in person...My cycle coordinator (Michelle) is dealing with 1000 other clients and at times it feels like a factory operation instead of a fertility experience. She has made typos in emails and sent incorrect information so I second guess every email she sends which is unfortunate but she has gotten a little better, so I am thankful for that. Now I am working primarily with Dr. Harris & Nurse (Jill) for my communications.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
I have "unexplained infertility", before trying I visited him to get the full work up to ensure my reproductive system was working as expected. However, I never had a HSG which I feel like is odd for someone who was doing IUI. I came to Dr. Harris for my first IUI, which I did during a Letrozole cycle. He was supportive but said I'd have better success with IVF. After the second failed IUI (chemical pregnancy), I begun IVF, so in a way I feel like he was right all along but it took me awhile to get there emotionally/mentally. IVF hasn't been as much of a "sure bet" as he explained it would be but I am maneuvering through the process in hopes of his optimism turning into a baby.
100% covered by Progyny insurance after meeting my insurance deductible
San Francisco
Dr. Tran reviewed our results and agreed that IVF with ICSI was our best path forward. Because my results were all within standard range, he said our chances were relatively high, comparatively -- about 60% chance of conception per cycle. I was put on Menopur and Gonal-F to prepare for the retrieval, and we were able to stay the course without making changes to the protocol as the eggs were progressing as expected...strongly recommended single embryo transfer, and given my age and the risks, I was happy with this approach.
We used ICSI and they grew the embryos to day 6 [at Spring Fertility]. Only two made it to day 6, both of which we chose to send for PGS testing. One came back as normal, the other was "inconclusive." We would have been allowed to either re-test the inconclusive embryo or transfer it without further testing...I was very happy with my primary nurse. She was communicative and extremely helpful when we had some trouble with insurance timing and the medication. I appreciate all her support and patience with us.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
When we first met with Dr. Tran for a consultation, he was very efficient but thorough. He explained our options in a straightforward manner. We received a lot of information that first visit, but we had a fairly clear sense of our path forward, though the question of timing was still a little hard to grasp. We were able to proceed with treatment relatively quickly, and I always felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Tran. I appreciated that I saw him on most visits and that he handled my procedures himself. We had one minor confusion when he told us he thought we could do a transfer before the end of the year, when really January was the actual outcome because of holiday closures, but while that felt frustrating at the time, I'm glad we did the transfer at a time when we could have full access to Dr. Tran and the clinic. On the day of the retrieval, he did a great job putting me at ease, joking about the music playing in the procedure room. We got some bad news after my retrieval - only 2 embryos made it to day 6 out of the original 18 - and Dr. Tran explained that it might be due to the quality of my eggs over the phone. I think that information would have been a little easier to take in person, but I appreciate that he was able to take the time to talk to us about it. While things sometimes felt like they moved quickly with Dr. Tran, I know he's a very experienced doctor with a great track record, so I feel grateful we were able to work with him.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any. Dr. Tran will make time to answer them if he knows you have them.
While Spring was handling a lot of patients, I appreciated the attention from Dr. Tran. He kept appointments short and to-the-point without making me feel like he didn't have time for me -- I appreciated his efficiency as well as his personal approach.
My partner was diagnosed with male factor infertility before coming to Dr. Tran. We were told IVF with ICSI was our best option by the reproductive endocrinologist we had gotten testing with at Kaiser. Dr. Tran reviewed our results and agreed that IVF with ICSI was our best path forward. Because my results were all within standard range, he said our chances were relatively high, comparatively -- about 60% chance of conception per cycle. I was put on Menopur and Gonal-F to prepare for the retrieval, and we were able to stay the course without making changes to the protocol as the eggs were progressing as expected. I did the trigger injections 36 hours before the procedure, and came in for the retrieval, which resulted in 19 eggs, 18 of which made it to the embryo state. We used ICSI and they grew the embryos to day 6. Only two made it to day 6, both of which we chose to send for PGS testing. One came back as normal, the other was "inconclusive." We would have been allowed to either re-test the inconclusive embryo or transfer it without further testing. When the clinic reopened after the holidays, I went on birth control for about two weeks before starting medication (Letrozole then Medrol) to prepare for the transfer. I was not put on progesterone after bloodwork showed I had appropriate levels. I was given Valium to take the day of the transfer, and no further medication after that. I got a positive HCG result about two and half weeks after the transfer and am currently 14 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette Perez)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring is a very nice facility, I appreciate that it's not overwhelmingly clinical in atmosphere. It helped me feel like a person -- the touches like having snacks/drinks in the waiting room, and the running-water feature across from where you get your blood drawn. They're very friendly and accommodating. We struggled a little with our care coordinator at the beginning, and I was a little surprised by how much I had to advocate for myself when I expected a bit more hand-holding -- everything worked out, but I was initially a little frustrated by the confusion, which was mostly around timing. I was generally under the impression that they're growing a lot, quickly, which wonderful, but that some of the early missteps were just a result of that growth. Once I was handed over to the clinical team, everything was very smooth. While it's certainly not a deciding factor, the occasional difficulty of parking is something to be aware of -- at a stressful time, finding out the lot next door is closed or having to circle for spots is just something to account for in understanding the time it'll take to get to the appointments.
Describe Nam Tran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr. Tran strongly recommended single embryo transfer, and given my age and the risks, I was happy with this approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
We had some early confusion about timing for starting our first cycle -- we had a weekend trip planned out of town involving air travel, and because it fell around the time of possible ovulation, we weren't sure if we could start that cycle or not. It just took a bit of back and forth with our care coordinator. I also missed an injection class because I was sent the wrong date. In the scheme of things, these ended up being minor and manageable, they were just painful at the start of my treatment.
San Francisco

Don't expect someone who is touchy-feely. Ask good questions...[Dr. Nam Tran is] happy to explain things...felt strongly that we should transfer 3 based on my age and egg quality...retrieved 10, had 9 embryos. 3 very good ones and a handful of ok ones. None made it to freeze. Transferred 3 on day three resulted in twins...is efficient, so I only saw him briefly during most visits. However, he was very familiar with my case during each visit and I felt like he was genuinely invested in our conceiving.
I definitely felt like we got what we paid for...Spring is not your cheapest option. However, with the price tag came very good client treatment. I never had to wait for an appointment. Dr. Tran always came in exactly on time, was quick and efficient, and they had me out the door. I was traveling from outside of SF for treatment and I loved that they had very early morning appointments--it meant I missed very little work relative to the number of appointments I had. The office is neat, they offer nice amenities (snacks, coffee, etc.) to make your wait more pleasant. Staff were all extremely friendly and professional. I liked that we even got to meet the embryologist when it came time to transfer. I also used their on call number once and was grateful to speak with one of the doctors on call to make sure I was dosing my medications correctly. I definitely felt like we got what we paid for.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran was always honest about our odds of conceiving. He was hopeful that it could work, but didn't offer false hope which I appreciated. He was good at explaining what he was doing and why. He seemed to have a good balance between using evidence-based methods and a willingness to try something else when that didn't work. He is fairly technical and clinical, but I think that's what you want: someone precise and exacting. In the end, we trusted him and when he was optimistic that a second round could yield better results than our first, we agreed. And he was right! Our second round was successful.
Don't expect someone who is touchy-feely. Ask good questions, he's happy to explain things. Trust that his number one goal is to help you conceive and he'll do what he can to make that happen.
Dr. Tran is efficient, so I only saw him briefly during most visits. However, he was very familiar with my case during each visit and I felt like he was genuinely invested in our conceiving.
Round one: started with lupron then was on 150 menopur, 225 gonal f for 4 days, then 150 of each for 4 days, then 75 menopur/150 gonal f for 1 day. Produced 14 follicles, 9 embryos, all poor quality by day 3. Transferred the best 3 on day 3, resulted in a chemical pregnancy with nothing left to freeze. Round 2: started on Aygestin then was on 150 each menopur and gonal f for 8 days, then 75 menopur/150 gonal f for 3 days, then 75 of each for last day. Also took HGH throughout. Began cetrotide last 4 days. This time he also cultured our embryos differently. This time retrieved 10, had 9 embryos. 3 very good ones and a handful of ok ones. None made it to freeze. Transferred 3 on day three resulted in twins.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
The staff were always courteous and efficient. We had an incident where meds weren't ordered in time which would have resulted in a delayed cycle (we ended up delaying for other reasons). Staff called us quickly afterward to find out what happened and ensured us it wouldn't happen again.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Dr. Tran felt strongly that we should transfer 3 based on my age and egg quality.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
We lived outside the same-day medication delivery area which I communicated multiple times. It still resulted in medications being ordered late and missing the delivery window which would have pushed back our cycle start date (we ended up taking that cycle off). They did follow up with their quality improvement folks to discuss what happened, which I appreciated.

Embryo Freezing
I appreciated Dr Tan's no-nonsense, action- and solution-oriented approach... Dr Tran was there for the most important parts - consultation and determining your protocol, egg retrieval, transfer procedures, and if you're lucky - your ultrasounds...We changed my protocol after the 1st and 2nd retrieval to ensure optimal results in the 3rd one. His approach is focused on data and sharing statistics...
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is modern, clean and welcoming. Appointments are always timely and efficient, regardless of how busy they get. The staff (Doctors and nurses) are well coordinated and competent so it really doesn't matter who exactly you see at each visit...Dr Tran is focused on results. His team is highly competent, detail oriented, on top of communications, and efficient. I appreciated how they managed expectations while being kind and accommodating....
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I appreciated Dr Tan's no-nonsense, action- and solution-oriented approach. Many online reviews complain that they saw Dr Tran a limited amount of time and instead mostly saw his team or NPs throughout their treatment. But Dr Tran was there for the most important parts - consultation and determining your protocol, egg retrieval, transfer procedures, and if you're lucky - your ultrasounds, and that mattered most to me. His team is well coordinated and the visits were always on time and super time-efficient. Dr Tran is clearly one of the best - the procedures were always quick, flawless and painless. He managed my expectations perfectly. We changed my protocol after the 1st and 2nd retrieval to ensure optimal results in the 3rd one. His approach is focused on data and sharing statistics, and that suited me - it normalized and grounded what could otherwise be an emotional rollercoaster of a journey.
Trust the process and Dr Tran's knowledge and experience. Sometimes you may not have all the details and that's ok.
We tried aygestin priming first, mid-lutheal second, and lastly - demi-halt which resulted in the most amount of viable eggs retrieved. We ended up with a total of 4 PGS-tested normal embryos. I just completed my 1st trimester of pregnancy after a single frozen embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is modern, clean and welcoming. Appointments are always timely and efficient, regardless of how busy they get. The staff (Doctors and nurses) are well coordinated and competent so it really doesn't matter who exactly you see at each visit.