Danville
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Mountain View (closed)
2490 Hospital Dr
Mountain View, CA 94040

Because we did the PGT we only transferred one egg [with Dr. Debra Minjarez]. Very happy with that decision...She is friendly and informative. She made me feel empowered which I believe contributed to the success of our transfer...Due to my husband's infertility, we did ICSI and PGT....She took us on with an intensity we needed to feel like IVF would work for us. Her confidence is infectious.
Due to my husband's infertility, we did ICSI and PGT [at Spring Fertility]...They [nurses] are kind, younger but energetic. I appreciate the positivity in the clinic by the nurses and staff. They are helpful but not too much. I am pretty quiet and I appreciated being left alone as well and not forced to make small talk. IVF is intense enough...was able to schedule us appointments, the same week as our consultation. Spring didn't pressure us into choosing them either, they offered us more information and availability. Spring helped us transfer medical records to their clinic so we wouldn't have to start over, which saved us money. The costs for Kaiser and Spring out of pocket were very similar. However I was able to save time being able to have ultrasounds and bloodwork done in Oakland instead of in Fremont. I got pregnant on our first transfer at 39. If you are thinking of leavin
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
After having an awkward time at Kaiser's IVF clinic, working with Dr. Minjarez was a pleasure. She is friendly and informative. She made me feel empowered which I believe contributed to the success of our transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Ask questions, no matter how dumb. Don't be afraid to share your experience with her. She took us on with an intensity we needed to feel like IVF would work for us. Her confidence is infectious.
Describe the protocols Debra Minjarez used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Due to my husband's infertility, we did ICSI and PGT.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Irina)
They are kind, younger but energetic. I appreciate the positivity in the clinic by the nurses and staff. They are helpful but not too much. I am pretty quiet and I appreciated being left alone as well and not forced to make small talk. IVF is intense enough.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I am leaving this review mostly for women/couples who are trying to decide between staying at Kaiser because you have Kaiser insurance or going with an outside clinic. I am very happy with our decision to leave Kaiser. After they cancelled all our appointments during the pandemic, their IVF doctor put us back on the waitlist even when they reopened because they had to restart other patients cycles. Understandable but waiting was not an option at my age. Spring was able to schedule us appointments, the same week as our consultation. Spring didn't pressure us into choosing them either, they offered us more information and availability. Spring helped us transfer medical records to their clinic so we wouldn't have to start over, which saved us money. The costs for Kaiser and Spring out of pocket were very similar. However I was able to save time being able to have ultrasounds and bloodwork done in Oakland instead of in Fremont. I got pregnant on our first transfer at 39. If you are thinking of leaving Kaiser, I am happy I did and feel my results are because of the care and intelligence of the staff at Spring. They are up to date on technology and have more than one doctor on staff.
Describe Debra Minjarez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Because we did the PGT we only transferred one egg. Very happy with that decision.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Embryo Freezing
He was pretty strong on single embryo transfer for the success rate...Dr. Fisher was very thorough & precise in his way of explaining things and setting expectations. He has been very upfront and fact-based, which is exactly how I wanted it. He might not be the most touchy feely type some people could prefer, but he is very patient, understanding, communicative and willing to listen to & address my concerns..
The entire [Spring Fertility] nursing staff were very organized, warm and effective. They are always very on top of communicating next steps and great at explaining all the nuances...Very organized, clean and easy to access space. Min. Wait time very time I go - I'm usually in and out of the office in 10 min for my monitoring or blood draw appointment. This has reduced my stress so much given the time commitment usually needed for this process
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher was very thorough & precise in his way of explaining things and setting expectations. He has been very upfront and fact-based, which is exactly how I wanted it. He might not be the most touchy feely type some people could prefer, but he is very patient, understanding, communicative and willing to listen to & address my concerns. We did two IUI as I was unsure how aggressive I wanted to go (and had lingering hope that things would just work out with min. treatment) but lost patience after two cycles and moved to IVF quickly; I have to say I moved a lot faster after learning all the facts (ex. IUI success rate is really not all that high) from Dr. Fisher. I was lucky that our first attempt at IVF was a success. The entire experience was very smooth overall (other than the daily hormone injections you would expect from the procedure no matter where you go), I felt very informed throughout and was able to plan ahead as much as possible. Looking back, I appreciate the fact that my doctor was cool headed and not feeding into my (inevitable) stress and emotion, but focus on the process one step at a time without over/under managing the expectation. I would definitely recommend Dr. Fisher.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
The entire nursing staff were very organized, warm and effective. They are always very on top of communicating next steps and great at explaining all the nuances. I have very tricky veins and I can't tell you how many clumsy blood draws I had encountered in general, but not with this team:)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Very organized, clean and easy to access space. Min. Wait time very time I go - I'm usually in and out of the office in 10 min for my monitoring or blood draw appointment. This has reduced my stress so much given the time commitment usually needed for this process. Highly recommend!
Describe Thomas Fisher's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
He was pretty strong on single embryo transfer for the success rate, which is what we had in mind too so we didn't really push otherwise.

2021, Successful
Dr.Fisher again took time to meet and discuss all our options, how we could take the most relaxed approach and not overstimulate me...We allowed my body to do what it naturally does on its own. No progesterone needed, just a trigger shot at the time I ovulated to boost my natural hormone release and 5 days later my transfer...he took the time to understand me and my partners goals, always to the time to answer questions, was open to changing gears...
[Spring Fertility is] open on weekends, very compassionate towards queer folks, top of the line technology, always looking into the latest and greatest protocols. Multiple offices...Since they are open weekends you may sometimes seem a different doctor who is on call that weekend...When I went in for my appointments I would see 1 of a handful of nurses at that clinic, typically for my blood draws. Most were fantastic, some were a bit quick and to the point and others more chatty and warm. My primary nurse was always quick to email and when she couldn't another nurse would always chime in to make suer my message was answered
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr.Fisher is an amazing human being and RE. I went in as a queer person with an idea in my head that the more "natural" approach I could take the better and from my first appointment which lasted over an hour Dr.Fisher never questioned my goals or opinions, even as they changed over the course on a year as I decided to go with IVF. My wife and I knew we wanted to start a family in about a year and we wanted to be as prepared as possible. I went in to get all the information I could and learn exactly what I should be doing to prepare my body for ttc. Dr. Fisher was with me each step of the way always being very informative, always being gentle, and always checking in on how I was and how my wife was. As I learned more about my insurance over the course of the first half of the year I discovered I had the option to have IVF covered in full. The thought of banking embryos now while my eggs are at their youngest started to become more appealing. Dr.Fisher again took time to meet and discuss all our options, how we could take the most relaxed approach and not overstimulate me which I had seen happen to my friends. I felt confident moving forward with IVF knowing Dr.Fisher would make sure things moved forward gracefully. My stimulation process was truly a breeze, I felt cared for and safe. When the day of retrieval came I was terrified but Dr.Fisher made sure I was okay. The retrieval went beautifully and recovery was quick! We PGT tested our embryos and I wanted to do one more retrieval to get to my goal number of normal high grade embryos for the potential of future children but then something unexpected came up our lives, a move to a new city in a new state. With only a few months left in the bay area we would be able to fit in one more retrieval cycle or a transfer, otherwise we would need to travel back to the bay for future transfers. We chatted with Dr.Fisher and decided to go for it and prep for one transfer before the move. Dr. Fisher decided on a modified natural cycle and I am SO glad he did. I have many friends who do fully medicated cycles and it takes such a toll on them taking so much medication sometimes for months beforehand and so many PIO shots. We allowed my body to do what it naturally does on its own. No progesterone needed, just a trigger shot at the time I ovulated to boost my natural hormone release and 5 days later my transfer. The transfer itself was amazing and once again Dr.Fisher was remarkably kind, informative, and genuine. Four days later I tested and got my positive, after 14 days I had 3 HCG bloodtests done all showing positive pregnancy, and finally 2 ultrasounds one at 7 weeks and one at 9 weeks showed growth exactly on schedule. Saying goodbye to Dr.Fisher was sad for both my wife and I. We had had such a wonderful year with him it was hard to imagine having a new doctor for the pregnancy stage. I am now 11wks and we are moved to our new home! My next appointment with out birth center is next week and I can't wait to send Dr.Fisher a ultrasound picture of how our little one is growing :)
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
You can feel comfortable with him. Whatever you are thinking, whatever questions you have he will take the time to listen and discuss with you all your options. Going into this can be scary, but with Dr.Fisher rest assured he is a friend as well as a brilliant RE.
Dr.Fisher treated me like I wasn't just a patient but a friend. he took the time to understand me and my partners goals, always to the time to answer questions, was open to changing gears, and overall one of the kindest people I have ever met.
Describe the protocols Thomas Fisher used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Retrieval Prep Protocol: I stimulated for 11 days, began my antagonist on day 7, and triggered on day 11. These are my starting doses and they went down as my cycle continued. We wanted to stimulate what I naturally had, and not try to create more follicles than I naturally do. This kept me from overstimulating and I had a pretty relaxed stim process. Results: 13 retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 8 at day three, 5 top quality at day 5/6 frozen Stimulation: Gonal-F 150IU, Menopur 250IU Antagonist: Cetrotide 250mcg (prefilled) Trigger: Novarel 5000IU, Leuprolide Acetate 1 prefilled vial Transfer Protocol: We went with a modified natural cycle. This allowed my body to have its own natural cycle and we supplemented a little to boost my natural hormones. Letrozole helped me to grow 2 large follicles when I normally grow one, so double the boost of natural hormone. We then added a trigger with my natural ovulation so I dropped both of those eggs again boosting what my body was already naturally doing. My transfer was exactly five days later! Results: Positive home pregnancy test at 4 days past 5 day transfer. HCG tests at 9 days past and 11 days past and 14 days past all showed positive pregnancy. Currently 11 weeks pregnant. Transfer (5 appointments including bloodwork, monitoring, and tranfer): Letrozole 2.5mg x2 for 5 days Ovidrel 250mcg (trigger at time of ovulation) Medrol 16 mg for 5 days up to transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
I never met my primary nurse in person. When I went in for my appointments I would see 1 of a handful of nurses at that clinic, typically for my blood draws. Most were fantastic, some were a bit quick and to the point and others more chatty and warm. My primary nurse was always quick to email and when she couldn't another nurse would always chime in to make suer my message was answered. I also had a care coordinator (Paige) who was great. Always in the know on where I was at in the process, always compassionate. Was really helpful during the donor selection process even though it was totally separate from Spring Fertility.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: They have Dr.Fisher on their team :) , open on weekends, very compassionate towards queer folks, top of the line technology, always looking into the latest and greatest protocols. Multiple offices Weaknesses: Since they are open weekends you may sometimes seem a different doctor who is on call that weekend. It is a double edged sword because it is amazing that weekends are an option but I loved Dr.Fisher so much the 2 times I didn't see him I am was tiny bit bummed haha. But honestly...thats it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility.
My services were fully covered by insurance, I really couldn't say.
We knew from the start we would only transfer one embryo. Dr.Fisher never pressured in any direction but was clear that multiples are a risk for mother and baby.
How competent was Spring Fertility at LGBTQ care?
Dr.Fisher was welcoming and well verses in how queer folks conceive and what the options are from the very start. He never batted an eye or seemed the least bit effected by us being a queer couple. He also was very well educated in donor banks and could give us good guidance.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Spring Fertility.
We used Seattle Sperm Bank and were very happy with our experience, they went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. When it was time to have the sperm vials sent to Spring Fertility they let us know Tuesday was the best day for delivery, we simply let SSB know and they schedule the shipment to arrive the next Tuesday morning.

2020 - 2021, Successful
They [nurses at Spring Fertility] always remembered me...They were very available to answer questions and were very helpful...The financial people could have given us more frequent updates about when big payments were coming up. With sums of money that large, we sometimes needed a few days to transfer money from one account to another....
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher is great! He understands how difficult the process can be and is very empathetic. He monitored all aspects of my progress and frequently adjusted things to make sure that we were making the best choices at every step. At our initial consultation, he explained that our chances weren't great, but we ended up conceiving after one cycle and I'm due to give birth in three weeks.
Feel free to be honest and candid. He really listens.
I was really negative about treatment in the beginning (b/c stats were not hopeful and we'd been through so much already) and he really made an effort to empathize. It made a huge difference and we got along really well.
I've mostly tried to forget, but we did an extra week of hormone injections in the beginning before the transfer to let the eggs grow. Then, we postponed the transfer for one cycle and I did suppositories because my progesterone levels were too low. We made all these decisions together.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
They always remembered me, even though we were in masks all the time. They were very available to answer questions and were very helpful. Everyone was really nice and I have good memories of the whole process, despite the discomforts.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Overall, really great experience. Caring, comforting people and very mindful that patients felt physically and emotionally fragile. They really gave personalized care with frequent testing to make sure we got the best outcomes. I thought it was pretty expensive, but since it only took one round (avg is 3 for my age), in the end, I think I saved money! Weakness: The financial people could have given us more frequent updates about when big payments were coming up. With sums of money that large, we sometimes needed a few days to transfer money from one account to another.
A little under $30,000 for the whole thing. Around $18,000 for the first part (extraction), $4000 for all pre-extraction meds (unlimited meds, rather than paying per Rx - ended up saving us money) , then another maybe $5000 for the embryo transfer, genetic testing was a few thousand, I had to take progesterone, which was a few hundred, and some ultrasounds.
We only had one good embryo.

2021, 56 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Fisher is one of the most thorough and approachable physicians I have ever come across. His bedside manner is second to none. I went through 3 cycles of egg freezing with Dr. Fisher and fully trusted him. Dr. Fisher did not sugarcoat anything and was honest and direct about what to expect. My actual results actually exceeded my expectations...underwent 3 cycles of the mid-luteal treatment protocol...
Spring Fertility is very organized and very communicative. They checked in on me often and responded to all my inquiries and concerns in a timely manner. They are also very compassionate and kind and it really shows in the way they communicate with and treat their patients...If my doctor was not available, another doctor performed the ultrasound...Melissa (my nurse), Paige (my care coordinator) and there rest of the staff at Spring Fertility were organized, on top of things and very patient and understanding....
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher has incredible bedside manner, which is very much needed in this profession since fertility is a very sensitive matter. He also explained everything thoroughly and I trusted him completely.
As all the questions you need. Dr. Fisher is very patient and understanding and he will explain everything to you thoroughly.
Dr. Fisher is one of the most thorough and approachable physicians I have ever come across. His bedside manner is second to none. I went through 3 cycles of egg freezing with Dr. Fisher and fully trusted him. Dr. Fisher did not sugarcoat anything and was honest and direct about what to expect. My actual results actually exceeded my expectations!
I underwent 3 cycles of the mid-luteal treatment protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Caponi)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
I had no issues going to any of my monitoring appointments. If my doctor was not available, another doctor performed the ultrasound and I did not have any problems with that.
I don't recall because I only paid $2500 (the full amount of my deductible) for my first cycle and my insurance covered the remainder of that cycle, plus the 2 other subsequent cycles.

2021, Successful
Dr. Dovey was always very personable, warm, and professional during our encounters. When I expressed concerns or asked questions about my situation, she always addressed them with a helpful response...Right off the bat we decided to do ICSI for the best chances of fertilization and do a frozen transfer as I wanted to do PGT-A testing...She never gave me any reason to be anything but confident in our plan...
Spring is an amazing clinic. I love that they offer live monthly webinars as it gives newbies a great resource of information. Their website is also a wealth of knowledge. I also found them to be very transparent with regards to costs of service...Egg Retrieval and ICSI (approx $18k which included PGT-A)...Frozen Embryo Transfer (approx $4.5k)...medications (approx $5k) I wish cost of medication was included with the retrieval and FET...
How was your experience with Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility?
I always felt like I was in great hands with Dr. Dovey. It was clear that she wouldn't make any final decisions about my plan/treatment until she had all the information she needed to make an educated decision. She never gave me any reason to be anything but confident in our plan and everything has worked out very well so far! Looking back, I never thought to ask Dr. Dovey what she expected my outcome to be given my numbers and that also wasn't something she proactively discussed with me. In my experience, it was definitely "I don't know what I don't know" and it might have been more helpful for Dr. Dovey to tell me what other questions I should be asking. But on the other hand, she probably knows too much information is not always a good thing. At the end of the day, I know she had my best interest at heart and did everything she could to be successful. And we were successful!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility?
Ask Dr. Dovey what results/outcomes you should predict based on your diagnosis and treatment plan. It will help to set expectations, especially if IVF is very new to you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Serena Dovey used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Right off the bat we decided to do ICSI for the best chances of fertilization and do a frozen transfer as I wanted to do PGT-A testing. For my protocol, Dr. Dovey decided to have me do a mid-luteal start because I had just gotten my J&J vaccine and was worried about enhanced blood clot risks of taking birth control to prep for stims. With a mid-luteal start, I did not have to take birth control so I was very happy with that decision. Given my diagnosis of PCOS and high follicle count, we did a relatively low dose of medications and had frequent monitoring appointments. We stimmed for 14 days total because we wanted as many eggs to mature as possible. The night I triggered I also started Caborgoline as a preventative measure against OHSS. For the FET, we did a modified natural cycle (which I was surprised she recommended because I don't ovulate on my own, though I respond well to Letrozole). She explained the benefits of this protocol but offered to do a fully medicated/controlled cycle if I felt more comfortable. I decided to do the modified natural because she felt confident. I did not respond to the Letrozole as well as we hoped, so she added 75 units of Gonal F for 5 nights (with monitoring appointments to track progress) to help my dominate follicle grow and to thicken my lining. After I triggered, I took progesterone suppositories before the transfer and all the way up t0 my second positive Beta. We did the 1st Beta 12 days after transfer as I had vacation plans (otherwise it would have been 14 days)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Paige Daniel (care coordinator) and Samantha Jensen (Nurse))
Everyone at Spring was a very good communicator and I enjoyed everyone I worked with
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility.
There were 3 main buckets of costs: 1)Egg Retrieval and ICSI (approx $18k which included PGT-A), 2)Frozen Embryo Transfer (approx $4.5k), and 3) medications (approx $5k) I wish cost of medication was included with the retrieval and FET - it seems a little misleading not to as they are so expensive
Describe Serena Dovey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
N/A- I only wanted to transfer one embryo and we were aligned on that
Serena Dovey
Oakland

Dr. Fisher was warm and caring. He shared his families personal experience with infertility and IVF...Dr. Fisher wanted to be the one to call us personally which I thought was just so kind and one of many examples of how I was treated like a human not a number...Dr Fisher strongly advised against multiple embryo transfer for my specific case, due to potential risks.
I cannot say enough good things about Spring. Super convenient office location with easy parking, modern/cool facilities with TV screens so I could see all the ultrasounds in every room. They always ran on-schedule for my appointments...They also really just get patient care...The patient portal and systems they use made it really easy
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher was warm and caring. He shared his families personal experience with infertility and IVF, and would take the little bit of extra time to get to know me, ask me how my weekend went, etc. When we decided to find out our babies gender, Dr. Fisher wanted to be the one to call us personally which I thought was just so kind and one of many examples of how I was treated like a human not a number.
1st Retrieval: Mid-luteal protocol, Menopur/Gonal-F plus Cetrotide injections for ~14 days, yielded 2 PGS-normal embryos. 2nd Retrieval: Standard protocol, Prepped with birth control, Menopur/Gonal-F plus Cetrotide injections for ~14 days (same dosages as 1st retrieval). I also did acupuncture, which Dr. F confirmed has shown to be effective in some studies. Cycle yielded 7 PGS-normal embryos. 1st Transfer: Natural cycle, was given hcg trigger, and medrol leading up to transfer. Valium for transfer procedure. Frozen embryo transfer with Day 6 5AA embryo. Supplemented with 2-weeks endometrin suppositories post-transfer. Now 27-weeks pregnant with my first babe :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mel Ransom)
Mel was responsible for walking us through our schedule, protocols, providing us with injection education, and answering our day to day questions. She often also helped us schedule appointments. She and Dr. F were always totally aligned on the plan with us, and responded quickly to any questions that came up. If Mel was off one day, there was also backup care team that could reply and was familiar with my case.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I cannot say enough good things about Spring. Super convenient office location with easy parking, modern/cool facilities with TV screens so I could see all the ultrasounds in every room. They always ran on-schedule for my appointments (unlike other clinics where I found drs are frequently 30min late). The patient portal and systems they use made it really easy for me to get my care instructions and fill out forms online (modern technology!). And they have enough staff & offices to be able to cover all my needs - vs. other clinics where I've heard people have to wait a long time to be seen or to get an appointment. They also really just get patient care... with small touches like complimentary beverages, a heated robe and massage chair at retrieval/transfer procedures, and even cute little egg/sperm chocolate truffles when I came out of anesthesia. I felt like a celebrity or something. I wish they had an OB practice too!
My employer provides fertility benefits, so my total out of pocket cost was <$2k for procedure, appointment, and prescription co-pays.
Oakland

She [Dr. Debra Minjarez] spent time to talk through all the results of each session as well as all the medications to be taken. She also explained how she was adjusting the next round given the results of the previous unsuccessful rounds and why she was making the changes she was. She was very straightforward and confident yet showed a lot of empathy. I was very confident in her and trusted her.
I cannot say enough good things about the [Spring Fertility] patient portal. Super clear, quick results loaded, protocols easy to understand, schedules, appointments, signing forms electronically, training videos, supplemental information...would also work through vetting out the receptionists a bit more. There was a lot of confusion many times on their part as to what was to be paid, what was owed, etc.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Debra was very smart and methodical in her approach to medication amounts and brands to use. She looked at results from previous sessions and adjusted the next round. She was funny, and easy to talk to. She also had no judgement of us as a couple or how we got to that point. She was also very clear with her directions to her staff and in explaining things to us.
Have us lay and relax longer after injection of IUI. The successful procedure I had was the only one that I laid in the room for 15 min after the injection with my legs still up in the stands. One of the nurses did that injection and did it differently than Debra had done the previous two unsuccessful injections.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
She spent time to talk through all the results of each session as well as all the medications to be taken. She also explained how she was adjusting the next round given the results of the previous unsuccessful rounds and why she was making the changes she was. She was very straightforward and confident yet showed a lot of empathy. I was very confident in her and trusted her.
only have one ovary on right side, with short Luteal phase, age 35 when got pregnant and 36 when delivered 1st attempt: Clomid FSH, 1 follicle formed 1st time, good thick lining, want more follicles, however, many were close and trying, did not lay on back for 15min after IUI procedure 2nd attempt: Letrozal FSH, only developed 2 follicles that were mature and lining wasn't as thick as hoped, and less follicles were trying, did not lay on back for 15min after IUI procedure 3rd successful pregnancy: Clomid FSH with booster FSH shot. Did Clomid first, then follow with shot, 4 doses gonal, 2 menopur, then added progesterone to support lengthen time for egg to implant, laid for 15 min on back with legs up in stirrups after IUI procedure
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
They were awesome. Always ready to go, appointments were always on time, and I was in and out quickly
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The snacks and beverages are a nice touch. The decor in the waiting area is nice and comforting. I like the no touch appliances in all the bathrooms and the rooms were state of the art technology feeling. I like the rooms to sit and discuss protocol after as well, they were minimal and the fish on the screens was nice. The shot training was really great as well. I felt very comfortable on how to do it when got home. And I cannot say enough good things about the patient portal. Super clear, quick results loaded, protocols easy to understand, schedules, appointments, signing forms electronically, training videos, supplemental information. I really felt in such good hands. Also super convenient was the ability to go to different locations, Redwood City, SF, or Oakland, depending on my needs. I would say the two opportunities I would suggest are to offer free parking or parking validation for the Oakland and SF locations. It was hard to find parking and/or it cost a lot. I would also work through vetting out the receptionists a bit more. There was a lot of confusion many times on their part as to what was to be paid, what was owed, etc. She would have to call the billing department and get clarification or she would give me incorrect information. Sometimes I would pay and then it would be short, or I would pay and it was too much such that I received a refund. She just seemed not up to the same standards as the rest of the staff from an business excellence perspective.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility.
I did an egg freezing procedure as well which there is a payment plan for $295/month and $600/year storage fee ($5000 for meds for the procedure) My IUI cycles were $1500/cycle

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Dovey is simply the best. Straightforward, calm, logical. I never felt rushed or that she didn't have the patience or time to explain something to me or answer a question...the most remarkable part for me was that I had virtually no pain after both retrievals which I attribute to her skills as a surgeon...approx. two weeks of injectables at decreasing amounts over the two week period, then trigger shot and retrieval. I had monitoring appointments every other day to two days....
Spring was professional and organized -- everything you would want in a healthcare experience. I was concerned my work schedule and treatment schedule would clash, but with early AM appointments, there was almost never scheduling conflicts, making the entire experience that much more seamless and easy...[nurses were] Professional, organized and efficient.
How was your experience with Serena Dovey at Spring Fertility?
As mentioned previously, it is clear Dr. Dovey is exceptional at what she does. I think the most remarkable part for me was that I had virtually no pain after both retrievals which I attribute to her skills as a surgeon.
Always feel free to ask questions!
For each retrieval cycle I was on approx. two weeks of injectables at decreasing amounts over the two week period, then trigger shot and retrieval. I had monitoring appointments every other day to two days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Jensen)
Professional, organized and efficient.
Serena Dovey
Oakland

I preferred interacting with Dr. Harris [at Spring Fertility] directly to discuss my treatment plan. Initially, I was assigned to Nanette who was difficult to reach via e-mail and sometimes I didn't understand her recommendations. Additionally, I had one chemical pregnancy and she didn't provide the level of compassion I expected from a nurse.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Harris was relatable and easy to talk to; in the few visits where my husband joined me, he provided a place that was comfortable for a man going through this process. He was very clear on his thoughts on IUI vs. IVF up front but mentally, I wasn't ready to go straight to IVF w/o trying IUI. He respected my decision and supported me. He is very optimistic and always tells me everything "looks great" which is ironic because I feel like I'd be pregnant already if everything was truly "great". As I experienced set backs, one being a lab error (scheduled for the wrong day for my FET), Dr. Harris accepted accountability but was pretty dismissive of my emotional state and just kept saying he has faith I will eventually be a mom despite acknowledging the IVF fatigue I was experiencing. He also provided a "pregnancy guarantee" which never came into fruition under his care so it felt a bit like an empty promise.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Take advantage of the time you have with him and ask a lot of questions. During each treatment I would ask him the questions I had instead of trying to schedule calls thru the clinic. But if I needed to do calls through the clinic, I'd do that. Do not always depend on the nurse being your "middle man". He's a great doctor but I cannot recommend the clinic in good faith. They don't care about their patients in the way you deserve to be cared for.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Harris was personable and spoke in terms I understood. However when things started getting difficult (failed transfer) he was seemingly less understanding, said that 1/3 embryo doesn't result in a live birth and was overly optimistic which didn't help the pain I was experiencing. Towards the end of treatment it was clear to me that Spring was processing patients like a factory vs. a personalized experience. This became evident when my protocol was impacted due to a clinical error.
Describe the protocols Isiah Harris used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I have "unexplained infertility", before trying I visited him to get the full work up to ensure my reproductive system was working as expected. However, I never had a HSG which I feel like is odd for someone who was doing IUI. I came to Dr. Harris for my first IUI, which I did during a Letrozole cycle. He was supportive but said I'd have better success with IVF. After the second failed IUI (chemical pregnancy), I begun IVF, so in a way I feel like he was right all along but it took me awhile to get there emotionally/mentally. IVF hasn't been as much of a "sure bet" as he explained it would be.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
I preferred interacting with Dr. Harris directly to discuss my treatment plan. Initially, I was assigned to Nanette who was difficult to reach via e-mail and sometimes I didn't understand her recommendations. Additionally, I had one chemical pregnancy and she didn't provide the level of compassion I expected from a nurse. She rarely replied to my emails in a timely fashion and I recently learned she works from home so I've never met her in person. Upon expressing concern to Spring about my nurse, they changed me to Jill who is FANTASTIC. She has really been an angel in the entire process, addressing all of the gaps I expressed with the previous nurse. However, when Jill is out I do not trust the other nurses to fully execute my care. For example, when Jill was out of the office another nurse scheduled my FET on the wrong day, meaning I missed my window of repetitive and the FET was cancelled which was heart breaking. I am really displeased with this outcome and working with the clinic & Dr. Harris specifically on being made "whole" from this devastating experience which means another FET to be covered by Spring.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring clinic is conveniently located in Redwood City, San Francisco and Oakland. Their clinics are state of the art and have a clean aesthetic with coordinating decor which is welcoming. They are very timely with their appointments. However, Spring does not take time to understand underlying fertility issues and the items they miss could be the reason you aren't conceiving. I can't trust them whole heatedly and they do not treat you like person with the several hoops you need to jump through to talk to the doctors.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
Spring is a Fertility Factory, sometimes they get it right and thats sheer luck but mostly they don't.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility.
100% covered by Progyny insurance after meeting my insurance deductible
Describe Isiah Harris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
I wouldn't mind twins but Dr. Harris said he would only transfer one embryo at my age.

2020, 8 Eggs Frozen
He also put me to ease with some of my initial questions and concerns. During my initial ultrasound, Dr. Harris expressed his expectations clearly and was more than willing to explain things further when I asked. All in all, we were able to retrieve and freeze exactly the number of eggs he anticipated and on the timeline I had aimed for...
[Spring Fertility] Strengths: Spring is a well-oiled machine. I never waited more than 2 minutes to be seen and everything was extremely organized and thought through ahead of time. Most of my appointments took place at 7am, which worked very well for my schedule. I loved that I didn't have to work through an intense phone tree when I called the main line to speak with someone
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
I absolutely enjoyed working with Dr. Harris! From the first time we met (he came out to the waiting room to greet me himself and even behind the mask, I could tell he had the biggest smile) I felt like he was just as excited for my journey as I was. He also put me to ease with some of my initial questions and concerns. During my initial ultrasound, Dr. Harris expressed his expectations clearly and was more than willing to explain things further when I asked. All in all, we were able to retrieve and freeze exactly the number of eggs he anticipated and on the timeline I had aimed for.
Dr. Harris has a wealth of knowledge - I recommend you come to each appointment with your questions ahead of time so you make sure they're all covered!
From my first call to my follow up consultation with Dr. Harris, each person I spoke with at Spring displayed nothing but empathy and authentic dedication to helping me with my egg freezing journey.
I had told Dr. Harris about my timeline to complete the egg freezing cycle - which was short - and he was very willing to be flexible with me. I really appreciated that he spent the time to make sure I understood the pros and cons of working within my timeline, which helped me make an informed decision about next steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
Beth is an absolute ROCK STAR. I had so many questions as I was beginning the injection series and Beth was so patient, understanding, and genuinely helpful in making sure I felt comfortable every step of the way. On two occasions, I e-mailed her over a weekend with a question and she gave me a phone call within 15 minutes each time to answer my questions. This level of support was absolutely above and beyond! Beth really helped me feel confident throughout the treatment cycle.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Spring is a well-oiled machine. I never waited more than 2 minutes to be seen and everything was extremely organized and thought through ahead of time. Most of my appointments took place at 7am, which worked very well for my schedule. I loved that I didn't have to work through an intense phone tree when I called the main line to speak with someone. Weaknesses: Truthfully, I can't think of any. I had a lot of trouble with the routine blood work during every visit, however this is mainly due to my body not cooperating with me and not the fault of the medical assistants. Ultimately, I went into this experience with someone tepid expectations and Spring blew me away on all fronts.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
A few vials of blood from my initial bloodwork clotted and I had to go in for another blood draw.
Redwood City

Dr. Harris is the nicest, most empathetic doctor I have ever had. Even with a mask on his smile is contagious. He has so much positive energy which helped me get through everything. He was not excessively optimistic. He helped me to set reasonable or even a little bit low expectations so that I could be prepared for various things that could happen. He took time to answer all the questions I threw at him. It is on you to ask questions though if you are interested in non-essential things. I was amazed how well he kept track of my case while also taking care of many other patients.
All of the nurses that took care of me [at Spring Fertility] were amazing and so nice. I emailed Aubrey so many questions everyday and she was so patient and compassionate and helpful. The nurses in the Redwood City clinic and surgical nurses in SF were great. I couldn't ask for a better team. Both of my cycles were during the COVID lockdown and I still felt like everyone was so warm and professional. No one asked me to write a review, I just had such a good experience with Dr. Harris and the clinic overall that I wanted to say thank you to these awesome heroes!
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Harris is super nice. He is also very experienced and sharp. He has a compassionate nature and a good sense of humor. He also helped someone else I know and she said he was amazing with her as well through a long IVF journey.
I think choosing a doctor is personal so you might want to do a consultation with a couple of doctors and then choose which one you felt best with. If you work with Dr. Harris or any doctor I'd say make sure to do some research on IVF so that you can know what questions to ask. Write down your questions and don't hesitate to ask them to your doctor and nurses.
First cycle we did a follicular protocol with Aygestin and ten days of Gonal and Menopur with great results. Second cycle we did a midluteal protocol where you start 5 days after ovulation and twelve days of Gonal and Menopur with even better results. The doctor said he wished he could take credit but there is some randomness in how many follicles your body has each month so unclear how much the protocol helped but I was very happy he could make adjustments based on my first cycle to create a better second cycle and that he was humble about it and how well it worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Aubrey Baker)
All of the nurses that took care of me were amazing and so nice. I emailed Aubrey so many questions everyday and she was so patient and compassionate and helpful. The nurses in the Redwood City clinic and surgical nurses in SF were great. I couldn't ask for a better team. Both of my cycles were during the COVID lockdown and I still felt like everyone was so warm and professional. No one asked me to write a review, I just had such a good experience with Dr. Harris and the clinic overall that I wanted to say thank you to these awesome heroes!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring does a lot of little things that are very nice like letting you email your nurse. They also have a great website with videos about everything including how to do all the shots. They spoiled me with things like they gave me a small box of chocolate when I finished my retrievals. Their clinics are nice and clean and nicely decorated. For me I am near Redwood City so it was not ideal I had to go to SF for weekend appointments and retrieval but it was worth it to me. Since I did have appointments on weekends and on two holidays I ended up seeing some different doctors (Dr. Tran, Dr. Fisher and NP Audrey Krall) but I felt like they very cohesively communicated my case and my instructions with Dr. Harris and my nurse Aubrey Baker. I got a lot of phone calls before and after the retrieval to make sure my questions were answered. They all make up a great team. I think with any clinic you do have to realize that you need to be informed and not expect the nurses or doctors will totally hold your hand on everything. You need to educate yourself about your body, IVF, risks, statistics and options and ask them lots of questions. Keep low/reasonable expectations for everything to minimize bad surprises or disappointment. It is very hard to predict your outcome and the doctors are trying their best but you need to advocate for yourself and raise any concerns. I advise creating a document or notebook for yourself with your plan, your options, your risks, your questions just like you might do for a work project. I recommend therapy or a support group as needed. Part of your plan should be how you will handle all the uncertainty in this process through things like music, art, meditation, friends, movies, time off, baking, etc. It is very hard on your body and your mind.
Redwood City
Dr. Harris has been a perfect blend of being very skilled at what he does and also being great with patients...He strongly encouraged single embryo transfer in our case, which matched what we wanted...The treatment plan felt tailored to us. He reviewed past failed rounds from another clinic and was clear about what changes he'd make and why..
She was responsive and organized, which helped me feel confident going into the procedure...Much of results at an IVF clinic rests in the lab and the embryologists, not just the doctors. Spring seems to excel at attracting great doctors and nurses as well as running a finely tuned lab. The lab provided so much more data about the embryo growth and evaluation than we got at our previous clinic. Everything feels state of the art and driven by data, which seems to be reflected in the results they're able to achieve.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Harris has been a perfect blend of being very skilled at what he does and also being great with patients. It's not enough to know what you're doing if you can't communicate it, and he does this well. At my former clinic I often left more confused, but here I leave every conversation feeling more confident. The protocols seem more in line with current research and are more data-driven from beginning to end. Dr. Harris feels personally invested in the outcome and takes his time to make sure we're on the same page.
Consider the cost of repeated rounds vs getting the best possible results the first time. We flew in from out of state just to work with Dr. Harris. We paid more than if we had stayed local (plus the travel costs) and I only wish we made that decision sooner. We had 2 failed rounds at a local clinic. Dr. Harris got far better results with a single round, meaning we would have saved money to just start with him.
The treatment plan felt tailored to us. He reviewed past failed rounds from another clinic and was clear about what changes he'd make and why. Far more comforting than trying roughly the same stuff again and again. His bedside manner was also far warmer and reassuring. I didn't think I cared about bedside manner (just get me the results!) but in a process with so much anxiety, it has been truly helpful.
Ovulation predictor kits to identify ovulation. Menopur and Gonal-F with decreased dosage the last few days of stimulation. Cetrotide starting day 8 of stim. Leuprolide and Novarel to trigger on Day 11. Retrieval on Day 13 under anesthesia (didn't feel a thing). 21 eggs retrieved and 19 were mature. All 19 fertilized successfully using ICSI. By day 3, 15 embryos were growing and considered good quality. By Day 6, we had 7 blastocysts that were biopsied. PGT testing found 4 to be euploid/normal. We haven't transferred any of these yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Beth - Nurse)
Everyone at Spring has been friendly throughout the process. My nurse, Beth, met with me to answer questions about injections, review the plan before the retrieval, and followed up afterwards as well. She was responsive and organized, which helped me feel confident going into the procedure.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
$18-19K for monitoring, egg retrieval, embryo creation, genetic testing. $4-5K for stimulation meds. $2-3K for initial consultation and screening. (Haven't paid for embryo transfer yet.)
He strongly encouraged single embryo transfer in our case, which matched what we wanted, and what our gestational carrier preferred as well. He was very willing to review the risks and discuss the underlying reasoning with us.

2021, Consult
Dr. Tran does not have a good bedside manner. He was entirely agitated, annoyed, and distant during our appointments. He couldn't answer our questions, or wouldn't provide a clear answer. He was really unprofessional - cussing, overly blunt, and cut me off mid-sentence several times. He also went on weird random rants that didn't really have to do with my care...I would not feel safe having him as my doctor - his language, tone, and attitude were all unpleasant...
My experience there [Spring Fertility] was very intense, and insensitive. I would suggest seeing another doctor besides Dr. Tran. I really regret waiting to see him specifically. I hope that the next patient will have better luck than I did...Consultation $450...Dr. Tran does not have a good bedside manner. He was entirely agitated, annoyed, and distant during our appointments. He couldn't answer our questions, or wouldn't provide a clear answer. He was really unprofessional - cussing, overly blunt, and cut me off mid-sentence several times.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Because of his behavior, I would not recommend anyone to see Dr. Tran. He is easily annoyed and agitated. I would not feel safe having him as my doctor - his language, tone, and attitude were all unpleasant. He is very detached, judgemental, and a bully.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
If you plan on seeing him, stand up for yourself, do not let him push you around. He will try to make you feel less than human.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
My experience there was very intense, and insensitive. I would suggest seeing another doctor besides Dr. Tran. I really regret waiting to see him specifically. I hope that the next patient will have better luck than I did.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at Spring Fertility.
Consultation $450
Redwood City

When I first met Dr. Harris at the consultation, he was very warm and optimistic...When I had trouble with being seen in his clinic during the retrieval cycle, he would try to reassure me and told me to contact him directly, but he never gave me any way to contact him directly. He would say "just email me" but never gave me his email address...That was it. No further contact. He never sought out the results of the transfer.
The ancillary staff [at Spring Fertility] was a source of stress. I always wanted the first morning time slot for monitoring appointments so that I could go to work afterwards. The nurse practitioner was late several times. If I need to schedule my appointment for 7am, it's because I have to be somewhere afterwards! The clinic nurse couldn't answer questions about the medications I needed to fill at a pharmacy (simple questions like the name of the medication) despite asking repeatedly.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
When I first met Dr. Harris at the consultation, he was very warm and optimistic. I had several cycles at another facility that did not go well, but Dr. Harris was positive that we could do better at Spring Fertility. When I had trouble with being seen in his clinic during the retrieval cycle, he would try to reassure me and told me to contact him directly, but he never gave me any way to contact him directly. He would say "just email me" but never gave me his email address. After transferring the only embryo fro that cycle, he contacted me once (2 weeks after the transfer) to say "congratulations" on rising betas but "still long way to go" and never contacted me again. That was it. No further contact. He never sought out the results of the transfer. I ended up having a successful pregnancy. The next time I heard from his clinic was 6 months postpartum. I asked to speak to Dr. Harris to let him know I was disappointed the clinic didn't seem to care to find out the results of the transfer. Dr. Harris suggested that I didn't check my email or reply to them (at which point they stopped contacting patients after 2 tries) -- none of which is true.
After the transfer, no one from the clinic followed up with me despite rising betas.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nanette)
Nanette caused a lot of stress during my retrieval. She would never answer the questions posed in emails. When repeatedly asked for the names of prescribed medications, she would never include the names of drugs. I went to Walgreens trying to pick up medications for a cycle but couldn't tell the pharmacist which script I wanted. I almost came home with the wrong medication because the pharmacist tried to fill an old IVF script. I only realized when the number of pills was wrong.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The ancillary staff was a source of stress. I always wanted the first morning time slot for monitoring appointments so that I could go to work afterwards. The nurse practitioner was late several times. If I need to schedule my appointment for 7am, it's because I have to be somewhere afterwards! The clinic nurse couldn't answer questions about the medications I needed to fill at a pharmacy (simple questions like the name of the medication) despite asking repeatedly.

2020, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Isiah Harris] is friendly, but very busy...I felt is a default protocol to everyone. Even sent medication by nurse per email without any explanation why should I take the pills. During the ultrasound never said anything I need ask all the time about the sizes and is the medicine was working well...He just does single embryo transfer
She [nurse at Spring Fertility] is friendly but not easy to reach out...They asked to take some pills before the IVF and never explain why and for what propose...The clinic seems always full, and the doctors very busy. You just see the doctor on the ultrasound time, and it less them 5 minutes. Is not possible reach out the doctors just hardly the nurses. And in my opinion they have a default protocol to everyone.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
He is friendly but don't explain why the protocol, and I felt is a default protocol to everyone. Even sent medication by nurse per email without any explanation why should I take the pills. During the ultrasound never said anything I need ask all the time about the sizes and is the medicine was working well.
He is friendly, but very busy
He is very friendly, but not easy to reach out by phone or email
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette)
She is friendly but not easy to reach out
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
He just does single embryo transfer

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Harris is incredibly compassionate and always made time to explain things to me when I asked. He is very positive, but I did not feel like he was excessively so. He was realistic when things didn't go as planned, but always made me feel like a human first...[he] did a great job of navigating that with me while giving me confidence that we were doing the best we could.
Spring is a great place - they are knowledgeable, experienced, and everything is very clean and orderly. They see a lot of patients, but I think they do so in a very efficient manner. You don't always see the same doctor, which I think can feel a little impersonal, but luckily, all the doctors are wonderful so it hasn't been an issue for me...every nurse I have worked with since has been absolutely wonderful - organized, clear communicator, diligent follow up, empathetic.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Harris is a wonderful, knowledgeable doctor. He knows what he's doing, and you're in good hands with him. IVF, as a whole, is risky and success is not guaranteed. I thought Dr. Harris did a great job of navigating that with me while giving me confidence that we were doing the best we could.
Be sure to ask him any questions you have and be proactive about your own care.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
My current nurse, Beth, is wonderful. In the past, I have worked with a nurse who was not very clear, often forgot to follow up with things she said she'd do, and was generally a bit frustrating. That experience still gives me a bit of anxiety, but that nurse is no longer with Spring and every nurse I have worked with since has been absolutely wonderful - organized, clear communicator, diligent follow up, empathetic.
Covered by Progyny
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
There was a previous nurse who failed to call in my prescriptions, but luckily, we were able to rush ship them and start everything on time.

2020, Unknown Success
I felt Dr. Vaughn treated me like a human because she took the time to listen to me, answer all of my questions, continue to check in with me. She helped me work through all the information I was being given from other care providers and helped me process how that affected our work together. She also listened very well to my wishes and goals and respected them fully in our work together.
Since it was a midst the Pandemic that I started visiting Spring Fertility I only saw the team and staff there a few time. They were helpful and responsive through email and phone calls for every need or question, however...Clean center, small but I liked that. I was able to see Dr. Vaughn at this clinic which was closer to home for me when normally I think she works up in San Francisco.
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
I chose Dr. Vaughn because of her experience with PCOS. It was clear from our first meeting that she knew what she was talking about and didn't just have experience but sincere expertise. I appreciated that fact that she had understanding of PCOS and was really willing to listen to my specific situation and journey. I had been working with more holistic care professionals up until meeting her and was looking for a second opinion mostly when I set my appointment. She was able to set me up with some more detailed procedures to make sure that all was working as needed and wasn't the cause of my fertility issues so far. While she ignored a lot of what I shared with her from my work with my Functional Medicine Fertility Specialist, she suggested that I have a saline sonogram and hysteroscopy which my FMD hadn't suggested. These procedures ultimately led to as close as we could get to real answers and a better larger picture understanding of how my system was functioning. I don't that this is necessarily a red flag or an issue it's just how she was trained and I appreciated her accepting and working in parallel to the holistic work I was doing without negating it or actively trying to contradict. The only other thing I would add for others trying to learn if Dr. Vaughn is a good fit is that one of the first things she looked at when I mentioned PCOS was my weight, I did not appreciate this and she eventually worked through that my weight was not the issue but as most main stream medicine professionals have a focus on weight as a first answer, especially with PCOS, Dr. Vaughn does seem to be right in line with that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
Be ready with questions, she will take the time to explain everything but knowing the questions to ask to get the answers and explanations you need is useful. If you are someone like me and wants all the information as deep as it will go then do your research ahead of time. If you are happy to let your doctors be your fully trusted guide I don't think you can go wrong with Dr. Vaughn either, though.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Sara Vaughn used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
We did some testing so she could confirm my PCOS. The issue that seemed to present itself was that my endometrial lining was thin. I had an inkling this was the case as my periods were not full periods, they were very light (practically just spotting) and not fresh red blood. She first suggested a saline sonogram which she performed in order to make sure there were no blockages. She mentioned that sometimes the cervix can become blocked and simply performing the sonogram would clear that blockage in the most simplest of cases, otherwise it would give us more insight into my uterine lining and opening. After the sonogram, my flow did not improve by my cervical mucus did, I was seeing more fertile mucus than I had been seeing before so I saw this as an improvement. She also thought that there maybe there was something blocking the uterine opening and mentioned that the saline sonogram couldn't tell us much more then there was something there and suggested a hysteroscopy to get more information. My endometrial lining was still seeming thin but it was hard to tell based on the timing in my cycle. Dr. Vaughn sent me to a wonderful OB to do the hysteroscopy due to my insurance requirements. The hysteroscopy clarified that I had some polyp like tissue in my uterus as well as other fluffy tissue. Non of this was of a real concern but they cleaned up my uterus anyway. I believe this was a significant part of us being able to conceive naturally in the end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Anny Chen)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility.
Everything we did there was covered with our benefits. We were lucky in the respect. If I had done my hysteroscopy with Dr. Vaughn and not the OB/GYN I visited then it would have been upwards of $400.00 if I remember correctly.
Sara Vaughn
Redwood City

Dr. Harris always welcomed me with a warm and positive attitude, asking how I have been. He was always very caring and went above and beyond to make sure I felt comfortable and knew what was going on in the process...[he]was careful to monitor my progress along the way and make appropriate tweaks when necessary. I was grateful he was giving me such close attention and care, and not treating me like just another patient.
I really liked that Spring Fertility has multiple locations. Going to their smaller branch office in Redwood City was much more convenient than going into the main San Francisco office for my regular checkups. All of the doctors and nurses were very professional and I felt in good hands. The only thing I thought could have been improved was the communication with the nurses. I had a few hiccups in the beginning trying to get in contact with them, but once I figured out their system it was much better.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
It was a pleasure working with Dr. Harris. I feel so fortunate to have been under his care. He really took the time to explain the process and make sure I understood what was going on. He was always so warm, friendly, fun and made me feel at ease during the whole process.
You are in good hands. I have seen other fertility doctors, but none have made me feel as comfortable as Dr. Harris.
Since I have anovulation and PCOS, my body was sometimes slow to respond to the IVF medications. Dr. Harris was careful to monitor my progress along the way and make appropriate tweaks when necessary. I was grateful he was giving me such close attention and care, and not treating me like just another patient.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
I worked with several nurses at Spring Fertility. Overall, they were all really great but I wish I had had one consistent nurse throughout my IVF journey. There were just a few instances in the beginning that made it difficult to get in contact with them, but they were quickly resolved.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I believe the total costs were around $30,000.
We did not discuss multiple embryo transfer.

2018 - 2020, Successful
What we appreciated the most was Dr Tran's direct, confident and no fluff demeanor. Often times, he was more confident in a positive outcome than we were which is what I would want with my fertility doctor. We did experience 1 miscarriage with an IUI cycle which Dr Tran showed a nice balance of compassion and yet still a focus on the path forward...If you want a personalized, down to business, direct and a results driven outcome, then Dr Tran is who you'd want to see.
[Spring Fertility's] strengths: medical staff, knowledge of the co-founding doctors, the nursing staff and nurse practitioner are also all great, inviting, organized, clean, resourceful as they have medications on hand if you need it in an emergency sense...If I had one critique, it would be with the financial coordinator who didn't always know the answers to some pretty simple questions I had regarding mediation cost and wasn't always prompt in communication response.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
We couldn't be happier as patients of Dr Tran. We saw him at Spring in 2018 when the clinic was still growing and again at the end of 2019 when the clinic had grown exponentially but we experienced the same level of care from Dr Tran. What we appreciated the most was Dr Tran's direct, confident and no fluff demeanor. Often times, he was more confident in a positive outcome than we were which is what I would want with my fertility doctor. We did experience 1 miscarriage with an IUI cycle which Dr Tran showed a nice balance of compassion and yet still a focus on the path forward.
If you want a fertility doctor who is going to hold your hand, provide some fluffiness to your consults and consultations with a pair of rosy glasses on, this is not the doctor for you. If you want a personalized, down to business, direct and a results driven outcome, then Dr Tran is who you'd want to see.
We've been a patient of Dr Tran's for 2 separate treatment cycles and have always felt like our consults and treatment conversations were personalized. He was always available for questions and concerns outside of appointment times.
Describe the protocols Nam Tran used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Walking into the clinic, I thought for sure we would be doing IVF but after our consultation, ultrasound and fertility vitals, Dr Tran recommended that we start with IUI first since the more %s of increase in chances of being pregnant with IVF vs IUI wasn't worth the exponential extra cost of IVF. For our first treatment cycle, we did two rounds of IUIs. The first round resulted in a miscarriage at 5.5 weeks and the second round results in my now healthy toddler. For our second treatment cycle which was 10 months after giving birth, we did two rounds of IUI. The first round didn't take and the second round resulted in twins which I am currently in the third trimester of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
I worked with multiple nurses at Spring Fertility and all were very responsive and helpful. I hardly ever had to stress about communication or to knowing answers to questions I had during my treatment. I only had 1 confusing situation/encounters which was caused by miscommunication with one of the medical assistants but cleared up with Dr Tran. If I had one critique, it would be with the financial coordinator who didn't always know the answers to some pretty simple questions I had regarding mediation cost and wasn't always prompt in communication response.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Clinic strengths: medical staff, knowledge of the co-founding doctors, the nursing staff and nurse practitioner are also all great, inviting, organized, clean, resourceful as they have medications on hand if you need it in an emergency sense. Weakness: communication with the financial coordinator.
The initial consult was out of pocket which was reasonable. My first two IUI cycles were covered by work and we paid out of pocket for the 2nd two IUI cycles which we found was reasonable as well.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
My experience with Dr. Klatsky in 2018 for the egg retrieval was flawless. He kept me updated and educated on why he was doing particular procedures or prescribing medications and was very empathetic to all of the side effects throughout the process. When I came back in for the embryo transfer in 2020, I felt more disconnected. He relies heavily on his IVF nurse lead (who was great) to keep track of medications and cycle stages. There was one appointment i particular that he wasn't aware of what medications I was currently taking and he made recommendations to change medication and move up the cycle. I then received an email from his nurse later that day stating to not make the changes the Dr. had recommended, because he was not aware of exactly what meds I was on and to keep things as originally scheduled. Dr. Klatsky did follow up after our failed embryo transfer, answered all of our questions and was very empathetic and apologetic about the miscommunication that had occured throughout the FET cycle. He discussed in depth the plan for our next FET and why we would take that approach and it has been scheduled to happen within the next two months.
Overall Spring is a good clinic. ... The billing department is very responsive, but it took many emails and hours over the phone with them to get the proper paperwork to try and submit to my out of network insurance. My Dr. was changed the day of my transfer to Dr. Tran (whom I have never met or interacted with) and I was not informed until he came into the room to do the transfer and introduced himself. This was very off putting to me and added a lot of stress on a day when you do not want your stress levels to be high. The clinic was very apologetic about it and I trust that they will have better communication with me for our next FET.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
The advice that I would give to a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky is to make sure you ask a lot of questions and don't hesitate to request for a follow up phone call if more information is needed or questions need to be answered after an appointment or consultation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
The first time I came into the clinic in 2018 I felt like I was treated like a human and not just a number. My Dr. and all of the nurses knew me by name and by the end of my egg retrieval the started to feel like family. When I came back in Feb 2020 to start the embryo transfer process, my experience was a bit different. It seemed like the waiting room was more crowded, procedure dates and times were changed 2-3 times due to scheduling issues (not due to my cycle) and there was some miscommunication happening. Thankfully, the missteps that were made were quickly corrected along the way and did not affect my treatment protocol.
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
My husband and I had been trying for over a year to get pregnant before we came into the clinic. Dr. Klatsky preformed a saline sonogram, and HSG, an ultrasound and ordered blood work for both my husband and I. He then diagnosed me with Unexplained Infertility saying that all of the tests came out clear. He also took into account the results of my husbands sperm sample that we had previously had done. He recommended IVF, stating that IUI has less chances of working to get us pregnant. We went with his recommendation and started IVF asap. We did a retrieval under his care and did pgs testing at his recommendation to prevent miscarriage or failed FETs. We then did a medicated FET that was not successful. Dr. Klatsky recommended a medicated FET (with intramuscular progesterone shots and estrogen patches), because during the retrieval he stated that my lining was pretty thin and that the medicated protocol would rule out the lining being a factor. Dr. Klatsky, as well as my husband and I were all pretty surprised when the first round didn't work, since everything went well, lining looked good and the embryo was a "perfect" 5AA. After following up after the transfer, Dr. Klatsky has changed his approach for our next FET to a natural transfer, as I reminded him of my history of pelvic tension issues, interstitial cystitis and spotting. He wants to make sure that endometriosis isn't a factor, although I don't have many of the symptoms and he has done the majority of non- invasive tests to rule it out. Just in case I do have it he does not want to give me estrogen for the next cycle, which causes endo to flare. It will be a risk because there is a chance my lining may not be thick enough on transfer day, but he thinks it is best to try something different than last time to rule out endometriosis or any other factors that may be preventing us from getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel Maley)
Laurel Maley is our nurse coordinator. She is a great communicator, responded promptly, is compassionate and always in the know of what medications I am taking and was stage of my cycle I was in. She was great and one of the best parts of my experience at Spring.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Overall Spring is a good clinic. From the waiting room to the Dr.'s offices it is very clean and welcoming. The nurses and staff are all very nice and greet you with a warm smile every time you are in the office. It seems like their client load has increased since we first came for our IVF retrieval in 2018, which I think was the cause to procedures times being altered multiple times and long waits for appointments. The billing department is very responsive, but it took many emails and hours over the phone with them to get the proper paperwork to try and submit to my out of network insurance. My Dr. was changed the day of my transfer to Dr. Tran (whom I have never met or interacted with) and I was not informed until he came into the room to do the transfer and introduced himself. This was very off putting to me and added a lot of stress on a day when you do not want your stress levels to be high. The clinic was very apologetic about it and I trust that they will have better communication with me for our next FET.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility.
I believe the IVF retrieval was around 12,000-15,000. The FET with consultation, tests, monitoring and transfer was 5,100.
Describe Peter Klatsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr. Klatsky recommended against putting in multiple embryos at my age (33) and with my diagnosis (unexplained infertility) as it could cause a high risk pregnancy (multiples). I don't even think the clinic allows people to ask for multiple transfers at my age or with my diagnosis, but I am sure there are certain exceptions that they may do so. We allowed the clinic to pick the best out of our 3 pgs tested embryos and asked for the gender to be confidential and not shared with us.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
My tansfer procedure was rescheduled to 3 different times the day leading up to it, one of the times being only an hour and a half before the procedure was originally scheduled for. Dr. Tran did my transfer the day of and I was not informed that it would not be my primary doctor Dr. Klatsky until Dr. Tran walked in to do the procedure and introduced himself. The changing of appointment multiple times and not knowing that the Dr. for my transfer had changed until the moment of my transfer added a lot of stress to an already stressful process. It was apologized for by the nurse and Dr., but was definitely very upsetting and frustrating.
Peter Klatsky
San Francisco

[Dr. Minjarez] seemed very queer friendly...felt like she was just going through the motions but that we weren't developing a relationship...I would have liked my doctor to be more responsive...changing course as new information was revealed...as a 40 year old queer woman with DOR and autoimmune issues, I didn't feel like they offered the individualized support that I need.
as a 40 year old queer woman with DOR and autoimmune issues, I didn't feel like they [Spring Fertility] offered the individualized support that I need...was given incorrect information about sperm viability from the medical assistant and then an andrology lab tech...front desk people are very business like and basically just take your money...boring but contemporary waiting room with free snacks...doctor seemed to mostly run on time. It was clean and quiet.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
After 6 unsuccessful vaginal inseminations and 5 unsuccessful IUIs with fresh known donor sperm at home with a midwife, my partner and I went to Dr Minjarez because I'd heard that she was very experienced after having worked at CCRM for ~20 years. At our initial consult, she seemed warm and matter of fact, going through the usual statistics for someone my age, etc. She seemed very queer friendly. My partner and I made a point to tell her we did not want to do IVF (we were nervous she was going to push it on us so went in a little defensive) and she said "let's do 3 medicated/monitored IUIs and see..." At each monitoring appointment, she briskly relayed my follicle count in a neutral tone, without embellishing any details. I was never given a diagnosis although my understanding is that I have diminished ovarian reserve since at 39 years old, I only got 4-5 follicles per cycle and my AMH was around 1. I also have multiple autoimmune conditions, including Hashimoto's but she didn't seem concerned about that and said as long as my TSH was under 2 there wasn't anything to worry about. It felt like she was just going through the motions but that we weren't developing a relationship or a game plan. I guess I would have liked my doctor to be more responsive and engaged- telling me what they thought would be the best course of action and changing course as new information was revealed. I sensed that the doctors at Spring are very systematic and just assign people to their place in the rubric without concern for individual factors. The staff seemed pretty organized as far as email and phone follow ups, although I did have a concerning interaction regarding viability of fresh, washed sperm in IUI. The medical assistant told me over the phone it was viable for 3-5 days in the uterus which I disagreed with so she transferred me to someone in andrology, who backed her up. When I shared this with Dr Minjarez, she said that they were both wrong and she'd follow up. After my third unsuccessful medicated and monitored IUI, they emailed me to ask the result of my pregnancy test. I felt too demoralized (after 15 total unsuccessful tries) to reply and I never heard from them again- to discuss next steps or anything. I feel like they dropped the ball by not reaching out again, but it has only been 2 weeks since their last email so I'll see... I don't think I'll continue at Spring because it just doesn't seem personalized enough. It may be a great place for egg freezing or maybe male factor is where they really shine, but as a 40 year old queer woman with DOR and autoimmune issues, I didn't feel like they offered the individualized support that I need.
Write down your questions in advance of your appointments because they go by in a flash and it's hard to think when you're in stirrups. Also take notes during the appointment so you don't forget your follicle count, etc (again- hard to remember things you heard while you were in stirrups).
Dr Minjarez was always warm and friendly, asking how I was and making chit-chat. She seemed fairly aware of my history with her although she didn't always remember details from previous visits. The staff at Spring is always very cheerful but it sometimes felt a little forced.
I was given 7.5mg letrozole day 2-6 and trigger shot (ovidrel) for 3 cycles. The monitoring appointments were on day 2 and then around day 14 (because I typically ovulate on day 17). I didn't sense that I had much response to the letrozole, but who's to say because I wasn't monitoring before I started taking it. I did vaginal inseminations at home and IUIs at home with a midwife, based on the timing recommended by Dr Minjarez. Although the timing seemed just right, I did not become pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
There were many people who walked me in and out of the ultrasound room- were they nurses or medical assistants? I'm not sure. They were all a little over the top cheerful in a young person/customer service sort of way. There were never any mistakes made or bad behavior.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The front desk people are very business like and basically just take your money. There is a boring but contemporary waiting room with free snacks (energy bars) and bubby water in cans. The doctor seemed to mostly run on time. It was clean and quiet.
The initial consult and each monitoring appointment cost $450. I don't believe they accept insurance.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
As I wrote earlier in this review, I was given incorrect information about sperm viability from the medical assistant and then an andrology lab tech.
San Francisco

I never had a HSG which I feel like is odd for someone who was doing IUI. I came to Dr. Harris for my first IUI, which I did during a Letrozole cycle. He was supportive but said I'd have better success with IVF. After the second failed IUI (chemical pregnancy), I begun IVF, so in a way I feel like he was right all along but it took me awhile to get there emotionally/mentally. IVF hasn't been as much of a "sure bet" as he explained it would be but I am maneuvering through the process in hopes of his optimism turning into a baby...said he would only transfer one embryo at my age.
Initially, I was assigned to Nanette [nurse at Spring] who was difficult to reach via e-mail and sometimes I didn't understand her recommendations. Additionally, I had one chemical pregnancy and she didn't provide the level of compassion I expected from a nurse. She rarely replied to my emails in a timely fashion and I recently learned she works from home so I've never met her in person...My cycle coordinator (Michelle) is dealing with 1000 other clients and at times it feels like a factory operation instead of a fertility experience. She has made typos in emails and sent incorrect information so I second guess every email she sends which is unfortunate but she has gotten a little better, so I am thankful for that. Now I am working primarily with Dr. Harris & Nurse (Jill) for my communications.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
I have "unexplained infertility", before trying I visited him to get the full work up to ensure my reproductive system was working as expected. However, I never had a HSG which I feel like is odd for someone who was doing IUI. I came to Dr. Harris for my first IUI, which I did during a Letrozole cycle. He was supportive but said I'd have better success with IVF. After the second failed IUI (chemical pregnancy), I begun IVF, so in a way I feel like he was right all along but it took me awhile to get there emotionally/mentally. IVF hasn't been as much of a "sure bet" as he explained it would be but I am maneuvering through the process in hopes of his optimism turning into a baby.
100% covered by Progyny insurance after meeting my insurance deductible
San Francisco
Dr. Tran reviewed our results and agreed that IVF with ICSI was our best path forward. Because my results were all within standard range, he said our chances were relatively high, comparatively -- about 60% chance of conception per cycle. I was put on Menopur and Gonal-F to prepare for the retrieval, and we were able to stay the course without making changes to the protocol as the eggs were progressing as expected...strongly recommended single embryo transfer, and given my age and the risks, I was happy with this approach.
We used ICSI and they grew the embryos to day 6 [at Spring Fertility]. Only two made it to day 6, both of which we chose to send for PGS testing. One came back as normal, the other was "inconclusive." We would have been allowed to either re-test the inconclusive embryo or transfer it without further testing...I was very happy with my primary nurse. She was communicative and extremely helpful when we had some trouble with insurance timing and the medication. I appreciate all her support and patience with us.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
When we first met with Dr. Tran for a consultation, he was very efficient but thorough. He explained our options in a straightforward manner. We received a lot of information that first visit, but we had a fairly clear sense of our path forward, though the question of timing was still a little hard to grasp. We were able to proceed with treatment relatively quickly, and I always felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Tran. I appreciated that I saw him on most visits and that he handled my procedures himself. We had one minor confusion when he told us he thought we could do a transfer before the end of the year, when really January was the actual outcome because of holiday closures, but while that felt frustrating at the time, I'm glad we did the transfer at a time when we could have full access to Dr. Tran and the clinic. On the day of the retrieval, he did a great job putting me at ease, joking about the music playing in the procedure room. We got some bad news after my retrieval - only 2 embryos made it to day 6 out of the original 18 - and Dr. Tran explained that it might be due to the quality of my eggs over the phone. I think that information would have been a little easier to take in person, but I appreciate that he was able to take the time to talk to us about it. While things sometimes felt like they moved quickly with Dr. Tran, I know he's a very experienced doctor with a great track record, so I feel grateful we were able to work with him.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any. Dr. Tran will make time to answer them if he knows you have them.
While Spring was handling a lot of patients, I appreciated the attention from Dr. Tran. He kept appointments short and to-the-point without making me feel like he didn't have time for me -- I appreciated his efficiency as well as his personal approach.
My partner was diagnosed with male factor infertility before coming to Dr. Tran. We were told IVF with ICSI was our best option by the reproductive endocrinologist we had gotten testing with at Kaiser. Dr. Tran reviewed our results and agreed that IVF with ICSI was our best path forward. Because my results were all within standard range, he said our chances were relatively high, comparatively -- about 60% chance of conception per cycle. I was put on Menopur and Gonal-F to prepare for the retrieval, and we were able to stay the course without making changes to the protocol as the eggs were progressing as expected. I did the trigger injections 36 hours before the procedure, and came in for the retrieval, which resulted in 19 eggs, 18 of which made it to the embryo state. We used ICSI and they grew the embryos to day 6. Only two made it to day 6, both of which we chose to send for PGS testing. One came back as normal, the other was "inconclusive." We would have been allowed to either re-test the inconclusive embryo or transfer it without further testing. When the clinic reopened after the holidays, I went on birth control for about two weeks before starting medication (Letrozole then Medrol) to prepare for the transfer. I was not put on progesterone after bloodwork showed I had appropriate levels. I was given Valium to take the day of the transfer, and no further medication after that. I got a positive HCG result about two and half weeks after the transfer and am currently 14 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette Perez)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring is a very nice facility, I appreciate that it's not overwhelmingly clinical in atmosphere. It helped me feel like a person -- the touches like having snacks/drinks in the waiting room, and the running-water feature across from where you get your blood drawn. They're very friendly and accommodating. We struggled a little with our care coordinator at the beginning, and I was a little surprised by how much I had to advocate for myself when I expected a bit more hand-holding -- everything worked out, but I was initially a little frustrated by the confusion, which was mostly around timing. I was generally under the impression that they're growing a lot, quickly, which wonderful, but that some of the early missteps were just a result of that growth. Once I was handed over to the clinical team, everything was very smooth. While it's certainly not a deciding factor, the occasional difficulty of parking is something to be aware of -- at a stressful time, finding out the lot next door is closed or having to circle for spots is just something to account for in understanding the time it'll take to get to the appointments.
Describe Nam Tran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr. Tran strongly recommended single embryo transfer, and given my age and the risks, I was happy with this approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
We had some early confusion about timing for starting our first cycle -- we had a weekend trip planned out of town involving air travel, and because it fell around the time of possible ovulation, we weren't sure if we could start that cycle or not. It just took a bit of back and forth with our care coordinator. I also missed an injection class because I was sent the wrong date. In the scheme of things, these ended up being minor and manageable, they were just painful at the start of my treatment.
San Francisco

Don't expect someone who is touchy-feely. Ask good questions...[Dr. Nam Tran is] happy to explain things...felt strongly that we should transfer 3 based on my age and egg quality...retrieved 10, had 9 embryos. 3 very good ones and a handful of ok ones. None made it to freeze. Transferred 3 on day three resulted in twins...is efficient, so I only saw him briefly during most visits. However, he was very familiar with my case during each visit and I felt like he was genuinely invested in our conceiving.
I definitely felt like we got what we paid for...Spring is not your cheapest option. However, with the price tag came very good client treatment. I never had to wait for an appointment. Dr. Tran always came in exactly on time, was quick and efficient, and they had me out the door. I was traveling from outside of SF for treatment and I loved that they had very early morning appointments--it meant I missed very little work relative to the number of appointments I had. The office is neat, they offer nice amenities (snacks, coffee, etc.) to make your wait more pleasant. Staff were all extremely friendly and professional. I liked that we even got to meet the embryologist when it came time to transfer. I also used their on call number once and was grateful to speak with one of the doctors on call to make sure I was dosing my medications correctly. I definitely felt like we got what we paid for.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran was always honest about our odds of conceiving. He was hopeful that it could work, but didn't offer false hope which I appreciated. He was good at explaining what he was doing and why. He seemed to have a good balance between using evidence-based methods and a willingness to try something else when that didn't work. He is fairly technical and clinical, but I think that's what you want: someone precise and exacting. In the end, we trusted him and when he was optimistic that a second round could yield better results than our first, we agreed. And he was right! Our second round was successful.
Don't expect someone who is touchy-feely. Ask good questions, he's happy to explain things. Trust that his number one goal is to help you conceive and he'll do what he can to make that happen.
Dr. Tran is efficient, so I only saw him briefly during most visits. However, he was very familiar with my case during each visit and I felt like he was genuinely invested in our conceiving.
Round one: started with lupron then was on 150 menopur, 225 gonal f for 4 days, then 150 of each for 4 days, then 75 menopur/150 gonal f for 1 day. Produced 14 follicles, 9 embryos, all poor quality by day 3. Transferred the best 3 on day 3, resulted in a chemical pregnancy with nothing left to freeze. Round 2: started on Aygestin then was on 150 each menopur and gonal f for 8 days, then 75 menopur/150 gonal f for 3 days, then 75 of each for last day. Also took HGH throughout. Began cetrotide last 4 days. This time he also cultured our embryos differently. This time retrieved 10, had 9 embryos. 3 very good ones and a handful of ok ones. None made it to freeze. Transferred 3 on day three resulted in twins.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
The staff were always courteous and efficient. We had an incident where meds weren't ordered in time which would have resulted in a delayed cycle (we ended up delaying for other reasons). Staff called us quickly afterward to find out what happened and ensured us it wouldn't happen again.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Dr. Tran felt strongly that we should transfer 3 based on my age and egg quality.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
We lived outside the same-day medication delivery area which I communicated multiple times. It still resulted in medications being ordered late and missing the delivery window which would have pushed back our cycle start date (we ended up taking that cycle off). They did follow up with their quality improvement folks to discuss what happened, which I appreciated.