Danville
Mountain View (closed)
2490 Hospital Dr
Mountain View, CA 94040

Treated 2020
She [Dr. Monica Pasternak] is compassionate, but direct; quick but very thorough. She clearly takes her work seriously but doesn’t take herself too seriously - she would always ask about my life outside of the clinic and tell me about hers. It put me at ease and made the whole thing feel more normal...We did IVF - we’ve done one round and we’re on hold to start our second (waiting for the shelter in place to lift). My treatment was pretty typical, per my understanding, and quick. I met dr Pasternak on 2/4 and had my retrieval on 3/7.
I was really impressed with the staff [at Spring Fertility]. I felt very well taken care of and thought all communication was timely and thorough while also feeling human...Really strong communication, availability of appointments, and overall friendly competent staff across all professions. I also appreciated that I could send one email and reach everyone at once. Every appointment was on time and I was in and out as quickly as possible...We did IVF - we’ve done one round and we’re on hold to start our second (waiting for the shelter in place to lift). My treatment was pretty typical, per my understanding, and quick. I met dr Pasternak on 2/4 and had my retrieval on 3/7.
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
She is compassionate, but direct; quick but very thorough. She clearly takes her work seriously but doesn’t take herself too seriously - she would always ask about my life outside of the clinic and tell me about hers. It put me at ease and made the whole thing feel more normal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Be direct with what you want and she’ll be direct in telling you how to get that
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr Pasternak was immediately relatable - kind, direct, and thorough without being pretentious. I felt at ease right away, like she was on my side and smart about what she was suggesting.
Describe the protocols Monica Pasternak used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Markie )
I was really impressed with the staff. I felt very well taken care of and thought all communication was timely and thorough while also feeling human
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility.
I have great insurance so I paid almost nothing out of pocket
Monica Pasternak
San Francisco

Weekly follow ups tend to be quick as she [Dr. Debra Minjarez] is busy with patients and travel from SF. However, she checks in and takes the time to speak with us before every procedure and ensures our comfort levels and understanding. She takes the time to answer questions/concerns and is patient/compassionate...has phenomenal bedside manner and has compassion for her work and patients. She is direct and intelligent and break down information for us to better understand the process and protocols.
You deal with multiple staff on the Dr’s team [at Spring Fertility]. Nurse, finance, patient coordinator, anesthesiologists, etc. all are super friendly and are able to get up to speed with status of protocols when I call the office (I don’t have to go through a gatekeeper or explain much). Sometimes talking to different people is a bit much, but everyone has their role...Flo [nurse] has compassion and high level of care when reviewing protocols and medications. She provides comfort and additional support through the process. It is reassuring to have a team that is cheering you on and supporting your journey as it is an arduous, emotional, and straining one.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Weekly follow ups tend to be quick as she is busy with patients and travel from SF. However, she checks in and takes the time to speak with us before every procedure and ensures our comfort levels and understanding. She takes the time to answer questions/concerns and is patient/compassionate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
She has been considered the best in the field coming from CCRM in Colorado. She was highly recommended to us by many people. You have the power to hire your fertility care team. Check to see what you want and comfortable with.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Minjarez has phenomenal bedside manner and has compassion for her work and patients. She is direct and intelligent and break down information for us to better understand the process and protocols.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Flo)
Flo has compassion and high level of care when reviewing protocols and medications. She provides comfort and additional support through the process. It is reassuring to have a team that is cheering you on and supporting your journey as it is an arduous, emotional, and straining one.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
You deal with multiple staff on the Dr’s team. Nurse, finance, patient coordinator, anesthesiologists, etc. all are super friendly and are able to get up to speed with status of protocols when I call the office (I don’t have to go through a gatekeeper or explain much). Sometimes talking to different people is a bit much, but everyone has their role.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility.
$40000
San Francisco
If you’re looking for sugar-coating, you’re barking up the wrong tree. He [Dr. Nam Tran] tells the absolute truth using science and data no matter what. He will not pull punches to make you feel better...I used Clomid for a minimum stimulation cycle. Although I was only 31, my ovaries behave as if they are 49...was 100% transparent about my diagnosis, prognosis (it wasn’t good; my AMH was 0.18 at age 31!), and what I could expect. I feel like his transparency allowed me to have realistic expectations, which is the most compassionate thing a fertility doctor can do.
Brittany Ann (my patient navigator) and Yvette (my nurse) [at Spring Fertility] were perfect. I could not have asked for a more professional, informative, and compassionate team!...The employees are all wonderful, trustworthy people. I KNOW it is stressful, but trust the process and be kind to the staff. They know their stuff!...I used Clomid for a minimum stimulation cycle. Although I was only 31, my ovaries behave as if they are 49...Every provider at Spring is outstanding however, Dr. Tran is a perfect balance between compassion and directness. I feel as though I had all of the information I needed, and I had complete realistic expectations the entire time. I will absolutely use him a second time. New Patient Advice
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
If you’re looking for sugar-coating, you’re barking up the wrong tree. He tells the absolute truth using science and data no matter what. He will not pull punches to make you feel better. That said, TRUST HIM.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran was 100% transparent about my diagnosis, prognosis (it wasn’t good; my AMH was 0.18 at age 31!), and what I could expect. I feel like his transparency allowed me to have realistic expectations, which is the most compassionate thing a fertility doctor can do.
Describe the protocols Nam Tran used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette)
Brittany Ann (my patient navigator) and Yvette (my nurse) were perfect. I could not have asked for a more professional, informative, and compassionate team!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I work in the fertility field. I could have gone anywhere, but I chose Spring. The employees are all wonderful, trustworthy people. I KNOW it is stressful, but trust the process and be kind to the staff. They know their stuff!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at Spring Fertility.
I do not recall the exact number. I had extraneous costs related to the donor sperm I used, mandatory FDA testing, etc.
Describe Nam Tran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Not applicable. I was only freezing embryos.
San Francisco
My partner and I want two kids, and at first Dr. Pasternak suggested IUI for the first child since I don't have any documented fertility issues. But we changed courses to IVF because we wanted the healthiest eggs and 37-year old eggs are presumably better than 39-year old eggs. Once that was decided, Dr. Pasternak came up with the protocols to make that happen...She was incredibly knowledgeable with her answers to our questions, and she always took the extra time to explain something to us. In addition, she's very personable, funny, and made the IVF process a lot less scary. In fact, under her care, the process was actually fun and exciting because she kept us involved in how my follicles were growing and how many eggs we were going to get. Every appointment we had with her was positive, and she was absolutely wonderful during my egg retrieval. She was quick and I felt ZERO pain afterwards. In fact, under her care, I ba
Great team [at Spring Fertility]- incredibly professional...Jordan always responds with compassion and insight; Markie is quick with medication and putting my mind at ease with things that may be out of the ordinary, and Dana is always jumping in if anyone is off that day so that way we aren't waiting for an answer...Cycle 1 cost about $18,500, with a 10% discount for Cycle 2. Medication cost about $5,000. Egg transfer will cost $3,000-$5,000 according to the cost sheet.
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak was wonderful to me as a patient. The individual monitoring appointments were fun since she was always explaining how the follicles were growing. And when I was getting concerned that I may not have as many eggs on one side than the other, she was reassuring that what I was going through was normal and not to worry. But at the same time, she was direct with the facts to not give me false hope. She mentioned that there was a chance that I could end up with 0 healthy embryos at the end of my treatment (luckily I ended up with 2!) I trust the advice she gives, the facts that she presents, and the way she delivers the information to us.
Tell her exactly what you want upfront. My partner and I want two kids, and at first Dr. Pasternak suggested IUI for the first child since I don't have any documented fertility issues. But we changed courses to IVF because we wanted the healthiest eggs and 37-year old eggs are presumably better than 39-year old eggs. Once that was decided, Dr. Pasternak came up with the protocols to make that happen.
Dr. Monica is a first rate doctor. From day one of meeting her, my partner and I knew we were in good hands. She was incredibly knowledgeable with her answers to our questions, and she always took the extra time to explain something to us. In addition, she's very personable, funny, and made the IVF process a lot less scary. In fact, under her care, the process was actually fun and exciting because she kept us involved in how my follicles were growing and how many eggs we were going to get. Every appointment we had with her was positive, and she was absolutely wonderful during my egg retrieval. She was quick and I felt ZERO pain afterwards. In fact, under her care, I barely felt any pain at any time. She was absolutely wonderful in her expertise and her knowledge. And she made my partner feel just as included in the process. Even though there are strict COVID protocols, she allowed my partner to be with me during the appointments, which was so kind. I have recommended Dr. Pasternak to two of my family members and we trust her with our journey 100%.
I am currently in my second Cycle. The first cycle was probably the more standard protocol, which was to start the injectable medications after ovulation, and to start off with higher doses and then generally go down during the cycle. My second cycle is a bit different in that I started a few days after the egg retrieval for Cycle 1, and then was on a birth control (?) pill for 10 days or so and then light injectables to start off with. So far so good. Each cycle has been easy with no to little pain.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Markie)
Everyone on Dr. Pasternak's team is WONDERFUL! From Jordan, Dana, and Markie - we were in good hands. Jordan always responds with compassion and insight; Markie is quick with medication and putting my mind at ease with things that may be out of the ordinary, and Dana is always jumping in if anyone is off that day so that way we aren't waiting for an answer. Great team - incredibly professional.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I have already recommended Spring Fertility to two of my family members and would recommend them to any of my friends/family that asks. They are professional and organized. Their appointment reminders are timely, their appointments are always on time, the staff is friendly and helpful (for the most part). We are pleased with our choice to come to Spring Fertility.
Describe Monica Pasternak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr. Pasternak didn't recommend more than one transfer for me. I am assuming it's because I don't have a documented fertility issue. But we will know more about our options closer to embryo transfer.
Monica Pasternak
San Francisco

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility.

Treated 2016
Dr. Tran is a thoughtful and compassionate doctor. He explained things very clearly and was straightforward about the challenges he anticipated in our case, which I really appreciated. He updated us at every step so I never felt confused about what to expect. Overall he gave us very realistic expectations...I completed an egg retrieval using an antagonist protocol (Lupron followed by follistim/menopur) and day 5 fresh embryo transfer with 2 embryos. I am currently pregnant with one (due next month).
The best thing about Spring was the care felt very personal. Everyone knew our names, and even the embryologist came to introduce himself before our egg retrieval. I felt very cared for throughout the entire process...Allie was friendly, caring, and compassionate. She always responded very promptly to questions and was very clear in her instructions regarding medication dosing, etc...I completed an egg retrieval using an antagonist protocol (Lupron followed by follistim/menopur) and day 5 fresh embryo transfer with 2 embryos. I am currently pregnant with one (due next month).
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Ask all of your questions! He is well-informed on advances in fertility care and applying new data to individual patients.
Dr. Tran and his staff always treated me like an individual. They all knew details of my case, and seeing a Dr at all of my monitoring visits made me feel like they took my cycle seriously and wanted to individualize the treatment course.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allie)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Dr. Tran educated us thoroughly on the risks and benefits of multiple embryo transfer vs eSET and ultimately the decision was up to us.

Investor
I was treated as if I was his most important patient. My outcome was as important to him [Dr. Nam Tran] as it was to me...He is incredibly warm and caring. He is elated when your results are good and so sad when they don't . work out. But above all else he tells you the truth and will never lead you to believe something false because it makes you feel better. He will design your treatment with you in mind to get the best possible outcome.
I have been to other clinics that are run like a factory. Spring is warm, intimate and run so well. You are seen on time and you are never left wondering with questions. You are treated like family, not like a number...My [nurse] is an excellent communicator. She goes above and beyond for the patients in her care...My outcome was as important to him [Dr. Nam Tran] as it was to me...He is incredibly warm and caring.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
A lot of people say that he isn't warm or doesn't have a great beside manner. I would completely disagree. He is incredibly warm and caring. He is elated when your results are good and so sad when they don't . work out. But above all else he tells you the truth and will never lead you to believe something false because it makes you feel better. He will design your treatment with you in mind to get the best possible outcome.
He will tell it to you straight. And even if your odds are not great he will do everything in his power to get you a good result. He does not shy away from tough cases.
I was treated as if I was his most important patient. My outcome was as important to him as it was to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: My Lee)
My is an excellent communicator. She goes above and beyond for the patients in her care.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Both Dr. Tran and his staff [Spring Fertility] has been very responsive and informative with all of my questions....Dr. Tran Is very knowledgeable, informative and caring. I have been through 2 cycles with with Dr. Tran but I unfortunately both had negative results but he has guided me along the way and has answered every question I’ve had.
The one thing I love most about this clinic [Spring Fertility] is the connivence. They have multiple offices across the Bay Area and I’ve been able to go to one just a few minutes from my job which has been extremely helpful considering there are a ton of appointments. The only time I would have to go to the main clinic is for the big procedures which I don’t mind.... My Nurse has been very helpful and informative. Most of my questions are usually answered within a couple of hours. She’s very knowledgeable and knows my next steps.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Come prepared with your questions and make sure you’re comfortable with Dr. Tran and the clinic.
Both Dr. Tran and his staff has been very responsive and informative with all of my questions.
Sorry, I don’t remember.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The one thing I love most about this clinic is the connivence. They have multiple offices across the Bay Area and I’ve been able to go to one just a few minutes from my job which has been extremely helpful considering there are a ton of appointments. The only time I would have to go to the main clinic is for the big procedures which I don’t mind.
Each round is roughly around 10,000.00 (not including medication)
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Tran is a busy man so have to take all my questions with me for the day. He does make time for me when I need to talk or have so much questions, but don’t get to see him at all my appointments. It would be nice to have him to all my appointment but I understand that he is a busy man and he does most of the clinic in SFO. ... Well for start he talks in a manner you understand very step on the treatment. Makes you fell like a person and not just another woman coming through.
Good nurse that is loving and caring , with an understanding. Making sure you get to know the doctors as dr Tran will not be there [Spring Fertility San Fran] all the time. Go prepared with all the questions and any other medical questions you may have ... She [nurse] is my go to person makes everything easy. I don’t have to wait to call her, she does it all on time and answers all my questions and emails me on the day. She is so easy to communicate with, finally she is never busy to take my call.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Take all your questions with you. Write them down and so you remember them all.
Can’t remember them all sorry
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lee)
She is my go to person makes everything easy. I don’t have to wait to call her, she does it all on time and answers all my questions and emails me on the day. She is so easy to communicate with, finally she is never busy to take my call.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Good nurse that is loving and caring , with an understanding. Making sure you get to know the doctors as dr Tran will not be there all the time. Go prepared with all the questions and any other medical questions you may have
No sorry
Single transfer

Treated 2017 - 2018
Success w/ Doc 28 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Klatsky gave] Very clear explanations of treatment. Was very considerate in choosing a regimen that would be suitable for me and have a good/easy recovery time. Great communication and availability. He made sure that I had a gentle ramp-up of meds to avoid OHSS. He went out of his way to call after to make sure I was doing OK as well...Ask questions, he'll take the time to answer them.
[Nurses at Spring Fertility had a] Fast response time; very kind; attentive...A few times there were miscommunications but these were all resolved quickly. One cycle I didn't have anyone to drive me home and one of the coordinators actually gave me a lift back, that was super nice of her...Cleanliness, organization, fast response time, good communication...Atmosphere is calming. Great communication. Gave me a very gentle treatment to make sure I didn't get OHSS.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Ask questions, he'll take the time to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Very clear explanations of treatment, very attentive, office is great, took a lot of time to check in on my personally. Nursing staff is great. Atmosphere is calming. Great communication. Gave me a very gentle treatment to make sure I didn't get OHSS.
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
lupron only trigger and gentle/lighter hormone doses, because my AMH was a bit high and he wanted to avoid OHSS.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
Fast response time; very kind; attentive
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Cleanliness, organization, fast response time, good communication. A few times there were miscommunications but these were all resolved quickly. One cycle I didn't have anyone to drive me home and one of the coordinators actually gave me a lift back, that was super nice of her.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility.
there was a minimal (maybe $300?) consultation fee, but luckily for me due to the nature of the program I participated in there was no other cost to me.
Describe Peter Klatsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
San Francisco
Dr. Harris always took the time to fully explain my options and the treatment plan that he thought was best. Sometimes it felt like a like a lot of information, but he would take the time necessary to make it as simple as possible for me. ... Dr. H is incredibly kind, compassionate and knowledgeable. As busy as he was (I think he had 30 other IVF patients the same week he took care of us) he was always patient and cheerful to be around. I can't say how appreciative and fortunate I am for all that he did for us.
I had a great experience with the nursing team and all the points of contact at Spring Fertility. ... The clinic is very well organized, and modern. the lab appears very high tech. Everyone we met was very friendly and genuine ... I had a great experience with the nursing team and all the points of contact at Spring Fertility. ... he [Dr. Harris] is a strong believer in having one baby at a time.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
I don't have any particular advice. Don't be afraid to ask him questions because he does not mind and wants you to understand as much as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Isiah Harris used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I used Aygestin priming with antagonist cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nanette)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is very well organized, and modern. the lab appears very high tech. Everyone we met was very friendly and genuine.......................................................................
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility.
covered by my insurance.
Describe Isiah Harris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
he is a strong believer in having one baby at a time.
Isiah Harris
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Tran seemed to view me as an individual, and was willing to try unconventional protocols. He was also mindful of cost issues as I was self pay at his office. He was also very responsive to my requests, and was available for appointments with relatively short notice...He is open to experimentation, and trying unconventional protocols.
Everyone in the office knows my name. When I come in the receptionist greets me by name. Dr. Tran knows me, and talks to me honestly and compassionately. He was also really honest about conditions that others had dismissed and made really good referrals to other doctors...They were attentive to my queries. I generally received a response immediately or within a few hours. They also seemed to be informed on me as a patient, and were very clear about the information that they were able to provide, and when they needed to consult the doctor.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He is open to experimentation, and trying unconventional protocols.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allie Bell)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
It is very easy to get appointments. All procedures are handled by the doctors. They are super responsive.
$7500 +meds

Treated 2016
He [Dr. Nam Tran] was very invested in our outcome and was genuinely disappointed when we had bad results. He has a wry sense of humor, which really helped us gel with him.... He is clearly very dedicated to the clinic. Always available (e.g. by email or phone) to discuss any questions we might have. He may not be the hand-holding type, but it was obvious that he really cared about our outcomes.
Very patient-centered. They [Spring Fertility] actually do work around your schedule!... Allie [a nurse] is the best! I think she's a bit over-worked now as response times have gotten slower, but for anything time-sensitive, she's always been right on the ball.... Don't expect to have your hand held, but do know that you are in great hands.... $18000 with ICSI+ meds
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He is clearly very dedicated to the clinic. Always available (e.g. by email or phone) to discuss any questions we might have. He may not be the hand-holding type, but it was obvious that he really cared about our outcomes. He also has a wicked dry sense of humor.
Don't expect to have your hand held, but do know that you are in great hands.
Easy access to the doctor (e.g. by email or phone). Very caring doctor. He was very invested in our outcome and was genuinely disappointed when we had bad results. He has a wry sense of humor, which really helped us gel with him.
Demi-halt protocol (lupron, then FSH and Menopur). Results: about as expected.
Allie is the best! I think she's a bit over-worked now as response times have gotten slower, but for anything time-sensitive, she's always been right on the ball.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Very patient-centered. They actually do work around your schedule! ..........................................................................................
$18000 with ICSI+ meds
I was already very pro eSET, so no conflicts there.
Treated 2017
On my first visit, I mentioned that endometriosis had been found inside me during a surgery I'd previously had. Dr. Tran dismissed this, saying I probably didn't have endometriosis. I quickly lost trust in his abilities, given he'd only seen me once and had no reason to make such statements...Dr. Tran is very straightforward and not warm at all.
The clinic [Spring Fertility] ran an insurance coverage check prior to our first visit and we were told "everything will be covered completely by your insurance." We came in for sperm testing and were charged $250 but not told beforehand this was not covered by our insurance...Strengths: Beautiful clinic and technologically advanced...$250 for sperm testing
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran is very straightforward and not warm at all.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Beautiful clinic and technologically advanced Weaknesses: Just didn't click with Dr. Tran so I switched clinics. However, another friend of mine really liked that Dr. Tran was not warm.
$250 for sperm testing
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
The clinic ran an insurance coverage check prior to our first visit and we were told "everything will be covered completely by your insurance." We came in for sperm testing and were charged $250 but not told beforehand this was not covered by our insurance.

Success w/ Doc 17 Eggs Frozen
Dr Tran is very direct, but very straight to the point and will answer any questions you have. I'm not big on asking detailed questions, just want to know about next steps. I really liked his style and the best was the efficiency.... Dr. Tran is great, sharp, straight to the point and competent. He explained the treatment in detail and answered all questions I had. He tried a different protocol that worked really well for me and delivered a great outcome. He certainly exceeded my expectations.
Great clinic [Spring Fertility], fast, clean, organized. I paid out of pocket and it's pretty expensive, but worth it.... 8,500 for egg freezing treatement... Dr. Tran is great, sharp, straight to the point and competent. He explained the treatment in detail and answered all questions I had. He tried a different protocol that worked really well for me and delivered a great outcome. He certainly exceeded my expectations.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He is not super warm and fuzzy, but he gets the job done. I'd still work with him.
don't know.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Great clinic, fast, clean, organized. I paid out of pocket and it's pretty expensive, but worth it.
8,500 for egg freezing treatement
San Francisco
She [Dr. Debra Minjarez] is personable and incredibly knowldegable... At 38 years old, we thought that we were essentially done and lost all hope that we would ever have our own baby...we signed up and started with a video call with Dr. Minjarez... and before you know it, we were in CA and underway. Needless to say it worked and we now have the most perfect 8 month old little boy, Preston. We will be forever grateful to Dr. Minjarez and the entire team. The difference in the facilities, practices, philosophies, strategy and just overall kindness, when compared to the two places we tried in NJ, were night and day. So... for anyone reading this review, just know that we were at the end of journey and depressed befor
[Spring Fertility was] Excellent. thoughtful and well prepared. They are very compassionate and understanding. They went out of their way to help us on our journey... The difference in the facilities, practices, philosophies, strategy and just overall kindness, when compared to the two places we tried in NJ, were night and day. So... for anyone reading this review, just know that we were at the end of journey and depressed before we found out about Spring Fertility. You will not regret the choice of using them. Happy Thanksgiving to Dr. Minjarez and the entire staff!!! THANK YOU!!!!
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
I saved this review for Thanksgiving. Every year I think what am I grateful for? Well this year there is a clear answer, SPRING FERTILITY. We had attempted IVF at 2 other locations in NJ over the course of 4 years or so, and both were terrible experiences. At 38 years old, we thought that we were essentially done and lost all hope that we would ever have our own baby. Then through a program/fertility coach we found (Tasha Blasi), Spring Fertility was recommended to us. They were in San Francisco, and we were in NJ... so there would be travel, additional expenses and time off work involved, but we thought, let's just go all-in on this last attempt. I admit that for a second it seemed going across the country for this was a bit far-fetched, but then it sank in... what is more important than this? Not much in our minds. So we signed up and started with a video call with Dr. Minjarez... and before you know it, we were in CA and underway. Needless to say it worked and we now have the most perfect 8 month old little boy, Preston. We will be forever grateful to Dr. Minjarez and the entire team. The difference in the facilities, practices, philosophies, strategy and just overall kindness, when compared to the two places we tried in NJ, were night and day. So... for anyone reading this review, just know that we were at the end of journey and depressed before we found out about Spring Fertility. You will not regret the choice of using them. Happy Thanksgiving to Dr. Minjarez and the entire staff!!! THANK YOU!!!!
JUST DO IT!
She is personable and incredibly knowldegable
Describe the protocols Debra Minjarez used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Biggest difference was day 3 eggs.
excellent
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Excellent. thoughtful and well prepared. They are very compassionate and understanding. They went out of their way to help us on our journey and alswered all questions along the way
status quo. 10-15k

Treated 2013 - 2019
Dr Tran is amazing. My husband and I have been seeing him for almost 7 years and we know each other as well as one can know their doctor. He takes the time to explain very clearly what is going on and always tempers our expectations. He is just clear and concise and we really appreciate that...is no nonsense. If you require hand holding and “feel good” fluff; he is likely not for you. But if you value accurate feedback and someone that really knows his stuff - I absolutely couldn’t recommend a better physician.
Spring Fertility is a beautiful space. Easy to get to and very peaceful to be in. I love how the main facility has everything there and there is no need for me to travel to different offices. They offer refreshments and snacks in the lobby with plenty of room to get comfortable...My nurses and coordinator were all amazing. Compassionate and very quick to get back to me when I had questions...Dr Tran is no nonsense. If you require hand holding and “feel good” fluff; he is likely not for you. But if you value accurate feedback and someone that really knows his stuff - I absolutely couldn’t recommend a better physician.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
when Dr Tran was at UCSF, he went out of his way to be the physician that handled my surgery, retrieval’s and transfers. Being at a teaching hospital, it is nearly impossible to expect your physician to do the actual procedures. But he’d rearrange his schedule and make sure he was there for all the major things that had to get done.
San Francisco
Our interaction with Dr. Tran has been only one consultation and one 20 minute phone call. Both times, his communication, as expressed by others is very direct. He keeps things short and to the point. Usually, I prefer this style, but through the IVF process, I feel that he does not give enough info/explanation-- and his explanations are a bit too fast and simplistic for me...Mid luteal start-- I've tried asking the team multiple times and ways on why I'm scheduled this way (instead of Follicular(?) start) but, to my frustration, this is one of the things they have not provided good answer for. GonalF and menopur, Cetrotide, Leuprolide, and novarel.
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is super efficient, almost too much so. The nurses and coordinator would respond right away if there was anything critical and appointment related questions. However, when it comes to questions requiring more detailed explanation, I've had them completely ignore my emails (waiting over 4days), until I called them directly about the question. Also, questions have only been answered by nurses and coordinators. I have not received any emails from the doctors. Finally, their financing team has been terrible-- poor and confusing explanations of costs, and slow to respond.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I'm just treatment. I will have a better idea in a couple of weeks. Our interaction with Dr. Tran has been only one consultation and one 20 minute phone call. Both times, his communication, as expressed by others is very direct. He keeps things short and to the point. Usually, I prefer this style, but through the IVF process, I feel that he does not give enough info/explanation-- and his explanations are a bit too fast and simplistic for me.
The clinic is super efficient, almost too much so. The nurses and coordinator would respond right away if there was anything critical and appointment related questions. However, when it comes to questions requiring more detailed explanation, I've had them completely ignore my emails (waiting over 4days), until I called them directly about the question. Also, questions have only been answered by nurses and coordinators. I have not received any emails from the doctors. Finally, their financing team has been terrible-- poor and confusing explanations of costs, and slow to respond.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
See comments regarding Spring team communication.
Due to my age and likely poor egg quality, Dr. Tran advises transferring multiple eggs.
Nam Tran
[Dr. Tran] took the time to understand our own personal situation, and made suggestions that were based on our factors. I really value that. It really felt like he was trying to tailor the process to what my husband and I wanted, not trying to fit us into a process that was available...I thought he was very knowledgeable and helpful, more so than other fertility doctors I met during my search. I am BRCA1 positive, which is a mutation that means an increased risk of breast cancer. Dr. Tran took this into consideration, and created a different medicine plan for me based on this factor. My doctors at other clinics haven't thought of this.
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is very clean, efficient, in a great location. The staff is friendly and efficient, and very very nice. There are no downsides to the clinic that I have yet encountered, but I am early in my process...15000 for a cycle of IVF, and 5000 for the medicine in one cycle of IVF. 2000 for IUI + Chlomid...Dr. Tranh took the time to understand our own personal situation, and made suggestions that were based on our factors. I really value that. It really felt like he was trying to tailor the process to what my husband and I wanted, not trying to fit us into a process that was available...I thought he was very knowledgeable and helpful, more so than other fertility doctors I met during my search. I am BRCA1 positive, which is a mutation that means an increased risk of breast cancer. Dr. Tran took this into consideration, and created a different medicine plan for me based on this factor. My doctors at other clinics haven't thought of this.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr Tran has a very direct manner. He is not very warm. This matters not at all to me, because he is very smart, and the decisions that he steers us toward feel compassionate. His direct manner is something that works for me, but make sure it's the right thing for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Onjira)
I am at the very beginning of my treatment and haven't had a chance to interact with them that much.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is very clean, efficient, in a great location. The staff is friendly and efficient, and very very nice. There are no downsides to the clinic that I have yet encountered, but I am early in my process.
Treated 2020
Success w/ Doc 17 Eggs Frozen
We used a Luteal protocol [with Dr. Kaltsky] - a great way to follow my natural cycle...really cares about his patients and is super knowledgable in his field. He's driven and thoughtful...is at the top of my list in terms of favorite doctors...And, he's a great human being! He was very compassionate in understanding my reasons for being there. And, he has a vision for how the future of fertility might look. Definitely a leader in his field...He knows his stuff! Come in with questions and be ready to learn.
[The nurses at Spring Fertility are] Very easy to communicate with over email. I really appreciated how the whole clinic has organized extensive notes on medication for patients...Beautiful, new, clean and forward-thinking! I love going into Spring's clinic. Much nicer than most doctor's offices. And, they always have a snack which is so nice. I find myself more often than not arriving starving in between meetings and life responsibilities. They think of every detail!...We used a Luteal protocol - a great way to follow my natural cycle.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky is at the top of my list in terms of favorite doctors. I think he's one of the very best in his field. And, he's a great human being! He was very compassionate in understanding my reasons for being there. And, he has a vision for how the future of fertility might look. Definitely a leader in his field.
He knows his stuff! Come in with questions and be ready to learn.
Dr. Klatsky really cares about his patients and is super knowledgable in his field. He's driven and thoughtful.
We used a Luteal protocol - a great way to follow my natural cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey )
10K - 12K
Success w/ Doc 17 Eggs Frozen
12k for egg freezing, 950 for Saline Ultrasound [at Spring Fertility]...Spring is very much a concierge clinic, they are responsive and aim to provide a great customer experience. I was pleased with staff, office facilities, and pricing. I have been seen in the SF and Redwood City offices...[nurses are] On top of their game. Organized, sympathetic, calming, kind...He [Dr. Nam Tran] was polite, compassionate, honest, and thorough. His priority was a mutual understanding so that clear expectations were set and course of treatment was followed compliantly. He was considerate, thoughtful, and candid...You will be in good hands...is very conversational and wants to ensure that a mutual connection and understanding is created for the benefit of the patient and the potential outcomes.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He was polite, compassionate, honest, and thorough. His priority was a mutual understanding so that clear expectations were set and course of treatment was followed compliantly. He was considerate, thoughtful, and candid.
You will be in good hands.
Dr. Tran is very conversational and wants to ensure that a mutual connection and understanding is created for the benefit of the patient and the potential outcomes.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
On top of their game. Organized, sympathetic, calming, kind.
12k for egg freezing, 950 for Saline Ultrasound
Success w/ Doc 48 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Klatsky always took whatever time I needed to reassure me and make sure I had all the information needed to make an informed decision. He was comforting, understanding, and professional. He performed 2 out of my 3 egg retrieval procedures, and the only reason he didn't perform the other was because he was out on paternity leave!...He made me feel very at ease through every process and procedure and I had great results from every retrieval. The nurses and coordinators were also extremely helpful and organized and made me feel like I was in great hands. Everyone listened intently to my concerns and addressed them with care.
The nurses and coordinators [at Spring Fertility] were extremely kind, helpful, and organized and made me feel like I was in great hands...The only area of improvement I want to call out is the communication between the clinic and the company that was providing the egg freezing benefits through my employer. Every time I went through an egg freezing procedure it felt like a lot of back and forth as I tried to explain what was covered by my insurance. I think this was mainly an issue on the part of my insurance provider, but it still would have been nice to see cleaner lines of communication. (Q121) which of the following did your treatment with the  include?
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatzky was kind, understanding, reasonable, and professional. He made me feel very at ease through every process and procedure and I had great results from every retrieval. The nurses and coordinators were also extremely helpful and organized and made me feel like I was in great hands. Everyone listened intently to my concerns and addressed them with care.
I did injections with Gonal-F, menopur, and a few others I can't remember. I never had any negative reactions to the drugs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nina, and others)
The nurses and coordinators were extremely kind, helpful, and organized and made me feel like I was in great hands.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Organized, professional, clean, nice refreshments (important when having blood drawn), usually speedy. Weaknesses: The only area of improvement I want to call out is the communication between the clinic and the company that was providing the egg freezing benefits through my employer. Every time I went through an egg freezing procedure it felt like a lot of back and forth as I tried to explain what was covered by my insurance. I think this was mainly an issue on the part of my insurance provider, but it still would have been nice to see cleaner lines of communication.
~$15K per egg retrieval procedure, but all but some $20 copays were covered by my employer/insurance.

Success w/ Doc 19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Nam Tran felt very professional and trustworthy, I felt comfortable going over facts and getting straight answers from him. I felt comfortable with him during the egg retrieval surgery, and afterwards, and things went as expected during my egg retrieval. ... my nurse [Spring Fertility] and Dr. didn't communicate with me about their recommendation that I discontinue birth control several months previous to egg retrieval. I had checked in a previous communication whether I should discontinue, but was reassured it would be alright. When I checked back in a few months later when the procedure would fit with my schedule, they told me to wait several months to get off of birth control before they would recommend me to begin treatments
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is clean, comfortable, and professional, each interaction I had went well and felt good. It would have been nice to know how many doctors/nurses I would interact with throughout the process, before we started off it felt a bit like a whirlwind of people and processes. ... Each nurse, care coordinator and staff member was quite good at their part of the process. It's just that there were so many of them, and different ones at different points along the process! This put me on edge because I felt like information could easily be forgotten along the way, and not passed down to the next person.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I don't think I have anything that would be particularly useful I'm afraid! I was quite satisfied with Dr. Nam Tran
Whether I felt like a number or human was different at different points in my treatment. I rarely had the same doctor at my monitoring appointments for example, and it was difficult to know whether these doctors and nurses were speaking to one another behind the scenes. I thought each doctor individually had great bedside manner, but the communications felt quite disjointed, which made me feel a bit like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is clean, comfortable, and professional, each interaction I had went well and felt good. It would have been nice to know how many doctors/nurses I would interact with throughout the process, before we started off it felt a bit like a whirlwind of people and processes.
$8500 for egg retrieval
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
my nurse and Dr. didn't communicate with me about their recommendation that I discontinue birth control several months previous to egg retrieval. I had checked in a previous communication whether I should discontinue, but was reassured it would be alright. When I checked back in a few months later when the procedure would fit with my schedule, they told me to wait several months to get off of birth control before they would recommend me to begin treatments
San Francisco
We had a great experience with Dr. Minajarez. She is a take charge type of doctor that exhumes confidence. She was realistic with what our outcomes could be which made each round of egg retrieval more realistic. ... We had an unexpected complication and the doctor took the time with us to weigh our options. ... We used mini-stim for three cycles.
The strengths [of Spring Feritlity] are that it is inviting, does not feel like a cold doctors office, and they individualize everyones care. They are open early and are flexible, allowing you to go to different clinics if the date and time of your clinic does not work. However, all procedures are done in the San Francisco office, which can be a bit difficult to get to during commute times. ... My care team was very responsive.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Since Spring has three facilities your doctor may not be the one to do the procedures. They are up front with this.
All medical assistants, nurses, and doctor tried to use my preferred name and seemed genuinely excited during our procedures. We had an unexpected complication and the doctor took the time with us to weigh our options. They put my health above my desire to continue treatment.
We used mini-stim for three cycles. The first cycle we used clomid along with injectable medication. After the first cycle, I had a health complication that we originally thought was from the medications. It turned out to be a chronic issue, but we changed the Clomid to Letrozole for the last two cycles and retrieved more viable embryos. We genetically tested the embryos retrieved which allowed us to know the actual amount of normal embryos we have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Marina Lecoeuche)
My care team was very responsive. Any question I had was promptly answered with a pleasant response. They were more than willing to send different pharmacies my medications to help with costs.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The strengths are that it is inviting, does not feel like a cold doctors office, and they individualize everyones care. They are open early and are flexible, allowing you to go to different clinics if the date and time of your clinic does not work. However, all procedures are done in the San Francisco office, which can be a bit difficult to get to during commute times.
Each round was a little less than $15,000 including medication.
Treated 2018 - 2019
[Spring Fertility-SF's] Strengths—doctors—you see your primary doctor most of the time for all appts (and they rotate on weekends)—all of the doctors are caring and talented. The front desk staff is well organized and helpful. All of the nurses are very knowledgeable and prompt with responses. Okay The medical assistants vary in their abilities and some struggle with blood draws which can be frustrating. Weaknesses The finance team is a nightmare to work with if you are using insurance.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
We were a challenging case and Dr Klatsy did not back down from the challenge and entered each phase of treatment with a positive outlook. He was very willing to change the approach based on current information and either move forward or pause to ensure we got the best outcome. He’s also one of the nicest most caring doctors i’ve seen. He’s realatable and goes out of his way to help coordinate care with other physicians as needed. My only critique would be for him to slow down a bit when he’s explaining things and allow more time for questions—we had already been through IVF once before working with him but he thinks so fast so you need to be ready ahead of time with your questions. Luckily his nurses are amazing and can help get answers after the appointment.
Do your homework ahead of time but be open to his tailored IVF protocols—he knows his stuff and you get great results even if the approach is different from the larger clinics.
Dr Klatsy is committed to his patients, empathetic to the challenges of IVF and has a great balance of positivity and reality when discussing treatment options and results.
Mid-luteal start protocol—3 and then 4 pgs normal embryos
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel)
Laurel is a rock star—well organized, prompt and amazing at concisely answering your all of your questions and following up with the doctor as needed.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths—doctors—you see your primary doctor most of the time for all appts (and they rotate on weekends)—all of the doctors are caring and talented. The front desk staff is well organized and helpful. All of the nurses are very knowledgeable and prompt with responses. Okay The medical assistants vary in their abilities and some struggle with blood draws which can be frustrating. Weaknesses The finance team is a nightmare to work with if you are using insurance. Slow to respond if they respond at all and they struggle to effectively work with insurance companies on claims. I’ve learned a ton about medical billing during the process because of the errors and lack of proper communication with our insurance company. Be sure to understand the entire cost of treatment and check your bills and claims frequently.
Out of pocket costs were a bit more expensive than larger Bay Area clinics but they take insurance (big positive!) and you get more time with the doctor than in the larger clinics. They offer good deals for medication packages and genetic testing. Insurance costs have not been clearly described and it is extremely challenging to get clear answers (or any answers) from the spring fertility finance team.
Since we had pgs tested our embryos, he recommended single embryo transfer which was our choice too.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
One time there was an issue with their message system and we did not get an update that the doctor wanted to see us earlier than our scheduled appointment. We worked through everything and got an appointment the next day and they fixed their message system. We been told conflicting financial information a few times.
San Francisco

Dr. Klatsky is a great doctor warms-up as time goes on. I appreciate his time to give thoughtful responses and honesty.to questions. I felt comfortable with him at all our ultrasounds ... Don't expect him to sugarcoat his opinions or a diagnosis - he'll give it to you straight. ... He tends to have a more conservative approach and protocol - make sure to ask about procedures, meds, etc. to get his full opinion.
Spring [Fertility] is a clean, modern, well-run clinic with a very competent team. ... We've had a few mishaps with the nursing staff communicating timely lab results and pharmacy refills - make sure to stay organized and on top of your own medications. Blood-draws are always quick. The waiting room is always stocked with snacks and beverages, and has a modern, calming atmosphere.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky is a smart doctor, with a mellow, easy-going demeanor. He doesn't rush appointments and gives thoughtful answers to questions. Don't expect him to sugarcoat his opinions or a diagnosis - he'll give it to you straight. Overall I feel like I am in great care with Dr. Klatsky - he's competent and kind.
Be prepared with your questions in advance to appointments so you can use the short time you'll have with Dr. Klatsky to its fullest. He tends to have a more conservative approach and protocol - make sure to ask about procedures, meds, etc. to get his full opinion.
Dr. Klatsky is a great doctor warms-up as time goes on. I appreciate his time to give thoughtful responses and honesty.to questions. I felt comfortable with him at all our ultrasounds - he even had me smiling and laughing a few times when I felt rock bottom.
Dr. Klatsky recommended a mid-leutal STIMS start for us (due to lower AMH) to produce the most follicles possible during our cycle. He prefers using more "gentle" treatment and lower dosages of medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel (Nurse), Kelsey (Patient Coord.))
We met with our care coordinator once - she was compassionate and answered questions well. After the initial meeting, we never saw her at appointments and only communicated via email. The nurse assigned to us was never at appointments, and only communicated via email. She was responsive and had a back-up nurse assigned if she was out of office. The care coordinator and nursing staff is only available 9-5pm Mon-Fri - which sometimes made it difficult to get answers questions quickly if needed.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring is a clean, modern, well-run clinic with a very competent team. Because it is so popular, it can get busy and feel like an IVF conveyor-belt, but the level of care is excellent! We've had a few mishaps with the nursing staff communicating timely lab results and pharmacy refills - make sure to stay organized and on top of your own medications. Blood-draws are always quick. The waiting room is always stocked with snacks and beverages, and has a modern, calming atmosphere. The doctors are usually prompt and provide top-notch care. Overall - highly recommend so far.