Danville
Mountain View (closed)
2490 Hospital Dr
Mountain View, CA 94040

Unknown Success
My partner and I want two kids, and at first Dr. Pasternak suggested IUI for the first child since I don't have any documented fertility issues. But we changed courses to IVF because we wanted the healthiest eggs and 37-year old eggs are presumably better than 39-year old eggs. Once that was decided, Dr. Pasternak came up with the protocols to make that happen...She was incredibly knowledgeable with her answers to our questions, and she always took the extra time to explain something to us. In addition, she's very personable, funny, and made the IVF process a lot less scary. In fact, under her care, the process was actually fun and exciting because she kept us involved in how my follicles were growing and how many eggs we were going to get. Every appointment we had with her was positive, and she was absolutely wonderful during my egg retrieval. She was quick and I felt ZERO pain afterwards. In fact, under her care, I ba
Great team [at Spring Fertility]- incredibly professional...Jordan always responds with compassion and insight; Markie is quick with medication and putting my mind at ease with things that may be out of the ordinary, and Dana is always jumping in if anyone is off that day so that way we aren't waiting for an answer...Cycle 1 cost about $18,500, with a 10% discount for Cycle 2. Medication cost about $5,000. Egg transfer will cost $3,000-$5,000 according to the cost sheet.
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak was wonderful to me as a patient. The individual monitoring appointments were fun since she was always explaining how the follicles were growing. And when I was getting concerned that I may not have as many eggs on one side than the other, she was reassuring that what I was going through was normal and not to worry. But at the same time, she was direct with the facts to not give me false hope. She mentioned that there was a chance that I could end up with 0 healthy embryos at the end of my treatment (luckily I ended up with 2!) I trust the advice she gives, the facts that she presents, and the way she delivers the information to us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Tell her exactly what you want upfront. My partner and I want two kids, and at first Dr. Pasternak suggested IUI for the first child since I don't have any documented fertility issues. But we changed courses to IVF because we wanted the healthiest eggs and 37-year old eggs are presumably better than 39-year old eggs. Once that was decided, Dr. Pasternak came up with the protocols to make that happen.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Monica is a first rate doctor. From day one of meeting her, my partner and I knew we were in good hands. She was incredibly knowledgeable with her answers to our questions, and she always took the extra time to explain something to us. In addition, she's very personable, funny, and made the IVF process a lot less scary. In fact, under her care, the process was actually fun and exciting because she kept us involved in how my follicles were growing and how many eggs we were going to get. Every appointment we had with her was positive, and she was absolutely wonderful during my egg retrieval. She was quick and I felt ZERO pain afterwards. In fact, under her care, I barely felt any pain at any time. She was absolutely wonderful in her expertise and her knowledge. And she made my partner feel just as included in the process. Even though there are strict COVID protocols, she allowed my partner to be with me during the appointments, which was so kind. I have recommended Dr. Pasternak to two of my family members and we trust her with our journey 100%.
Describe the protocols Monica Pasternak used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I am currently in my second Cycle. The first cycle was probably the more standard protocol, which was to start the injectable medications after ovulation, and to start off with higher doses and then generally go down during the cycle. My second cycle is a bit different in that I started a few days after the egg retrieval for Cycle 1, and then was on a birth control (?) pill for 10 days or so and then light injectables to start off with. So far so good. Each cycle has been easy with no to little pain.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Markie)
Everyone on Dr. Pasternak's team is WONDERFUL! From Jordan, Dana, and Markie - we were in good hands. Jordan always responds with compassion and insight; Markie is quick with medication and putting my mind at ease with things that may be out of the ordinary, and Dana is always jumping in if anyone is off that day so that way we aren't waiting for an answer. Great team - incredibly professional.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I have already recommended Spring Fertility to two of my family members and would recommend them to any of my friends/family that asks. They are professional and organized. Their appointment reminders are timely, their appointments are always on time, the staff is friendly and helpful (for the most part). We are pleased with our choice to come to Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility.
Describe Monica Pasternak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr. Pasternak didn't recommend more than one transfer for me. I am assuming it's because I don't have a documented fertility issue. But we will know more about our options closer to embryo transfer.
San Francisco

Dr. Tran is a thoughtful and compassionate doctor. He explained things very clearly and was straightforward about the challenges he anticipated in our case, which I really appreciated. He updated us at every step so I never felt confused about what to expect. Overall he gave us very realistic expectations...I completed an egg retrieval using an antagonist protocol (Lupron followed by follistim/menopur) and day 5 fresh embryo transfer with 2 embryos. I am currently pregnant with one (due next month).
The best thing about Spring was the care felt very personal. Everyone knew our names, and even the embryologist came to introduce himself before our egg retrieval. I felt very cared for throughout the entire process...Allie was friendly, caring, and compassionate. She always responded very promptly to questions and was very clear in her instructions regarding medication dosing, etc...I completed an egg retrieval using an antagonist protocol (Lupron followed by follistim/menopur) and day 5 fresh embryo transfer with 2 embryos. I am currently pregnant with one (due next month).
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Ask all of your questions! He is well-informed on advances in fertility care and applying new data to individual patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran and his staff always treated me like an individual. They all knew details of my case, and seeing a Dr at all of my monitoring visits made me feel like they took my cycle seriously and wanted to individualize the treatment course.
Describe the protocols Nam Tran used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allie)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at Spring Fertility.
Describe Nam Tran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr. Tran educated us thoroughly on the risks and benefits of multiple embryo transfer vs eSET and ultimately the decision was up to us.

Investor
I was treated as if I was his most important patient. My outcome was as important to him [Dr. Nam Tran] as it was to me...He is incredibly warm and caring. He is elated when your results are good and so sad when they don't . work out. But above all else he tells you the truth and will never lead you to believe something false because it makes you feel better. He will design your treatment with you in mind to get the best possible outcome.
I have been to other clinics that are run like a factory. Spring is warm, intimate and run so well. You are seen on time and you are never left wondering with questions. You are treated like family, not like a number...My [nurse] is an excellent communicator. She goes above and beyond for the patients in her care...My outcome was as important to him [Dr. Nam Tran] as it was to me...He is incredibly warm and caring.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
A lot of people say that he isn't warm or doesn't have a great beside manner. I would completely disagree. He is incredibly warm and caring. He is elated when your results are good and so sad when they don't . work out. But above all else he tells you the truth and will never lead you to believe something false because it makes you feel better. He will design your treatment with you in mind to get the best possible outcome.
He will tell it to you straight. And even if your odds are not great he will do everything in his power to get you a good result. He does not shy away from tough cases.
I was treated as if I was his most important patient. My outcome was as important to him as it was to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: My Lee)
My is an excellent communicator. She goes above and beyond for the patients in her care.
San Francisco

Both Dr. Tran and his staff [Spring Fertility] has been very responsive and informative with all of my questions....Dr. Tran Is very knowledgeable, informative and caring. I have been through 2 cycles with with Dr. Tran but I unfortunately both had negative results but he has guided me along the way and has answered every question I’ve had.
The one thing I love most about this clinic [Spring Fertility] is the connivence. They have multiple offices across the Bay Area and I’ve been able to go to one just a few minutes from my job which has been extremely helpful considering there are a ton of appointments. The only time I would have to go to the main clinic is for the big procedures which I don’t mind.... My Nurse has been very helpful and informative. Most of my questions are usually answered within a couple of hours. She’s very knowledgeable and knows my next steps.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Come prepared with your questions and make sure you’re comfortable with Dr. Tran and the clinic.
Both Dr. Tran and his staff has been very responsive and informative with all of my questions.
Sorry, I don’t remember.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The one thing I love most about this clinic is the connivence. They have multiple offices across the Bay Area and I’ve been able to go to one just a few minutes from my job which has been extremely helpful considering there are a ton of appointments. The only time I would have to go to the main clinic is for the big procedures which I don’t mind.
Each round is roughly around 10,000.00 (not including medication)
San Francisco
Dr Tran is a busy man so have to take all my questions with me for the day. He does make time for me when I need to talk or have so much questions, but don’t get to see him at all my appointments. It would be nice to have him to all my appointment but I understand that he is a busy man and he does most of the clinic in SFO. ... Well for start he talks in a manner you understand very step on the treatment. Makes you fell like a person and not just another woman coming through.
Good nurse that is loving and caring , with an understanding. Making sure you get to know the doctors as dr Tran will not be there [Spring Fertility San Fran] all the time. Go prepared with all the questions and any other medical questions you may have ... She [nurse] is my go to person makes everything easy. I don’t have to wait to call her, she does it all on time and answers all my questions and emails me on the day. She is so easy to communicate with, finally she is never busy to take my call.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Take all your questions with you. Write them down and so you remember them all.
Can’t remember them all sorry
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lee)
She is my go to person makes everything easy. I don’t have to wait to call her, she does it all on time and answers all my questions and emails me on the day. She is so easy to communicate with, finally she is never busy to take my call.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Good nurse that is loving and caring , with an understanding. Making sure you get to know the doctors as dr Tran will not be there all the time. Go prepared with all the questions and any other medical questions you may have
No sorry
Single transfer

2017 - 2018, 28 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Klatsky gave] Very clear explanations of treatment. Was very considerate in choosing a regimen that would be suitable for me and have a good/easy recovery time. Great communication and availability. He made sure that I had a gentle ramp-up of meds to avoid OHSS. He went out of his way to call after to make sure I was doing OK as well...Ask questions, he'll take the time to answer them.
[Nurses at Spring Fertility had a] Fast response time; very kind; attentive...A few times there were miscommunications but these were all resolved quickly. One cycle I didn't have anyone to drive me home and one of the coordinators actually gave me a lift back, that was super nice of her...Cleanliness, organization, fast response time, good communication...Atmosphere is calming. Great communication. Gave me a very gentle treatment to make sure I didn't get OHSS.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Ask questions, he'll take the time to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Very clear explanations of treatment, very attentive, office is great, took a lot of time to check in on my personally. Nursing staff is great. Atmosphere is calming. Great communication. Gave me a very gentle treatment to make sure I didn't get OHSS.
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
lupron only trigger and gentle/lighter hormone doses, because my AMH was a bit high and he wanted to avoid OHSS.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
Fast response time; very kind; attentive
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Cleanliness, organization, fast response time, good communication. A few times there were miscommunications but these were all resolved quickly. One cycle I didn't have anyone to drive me home and one of the coordinators actually gave me a lift back, that was super nice of her.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility.
there was a minimal (maybe $300?) consultation fee, but luckily for me due to the nature of the program I participated in there was no other cost to me.
Describe Peter Klatsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
San Francisco
Dr. Harris always took the time to fully explain my options and the treatment plan that he thought was best. Sometimes it felt like a like a lot of information, but he would take the time necessary to make it as simple as possible for me. ... Dr. H is incredibly kind, compassionate and knowledgeable. As busy as he was (I think he had 30 other IVF patients the same week he took care of us) he was always patient and cheerful to be around. I can't say how appreciative and fortunate I am for all that he did for us.
I had a great experience with the nursing team and all the points of contact at Spring Fertility. ... The clinic is very well organized, and modern. the lab appears very high tech. Everyone we met was very friendly and genuine ... I had a great experience with the nursing team and all the points of contact at Spring Fertility. ... he [Dr. Harris] is a strong believer in having one baby at a time.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
I don't have any particular advice. Don't be afraid to ask him questions because he does not mind and wants you to understand as much as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Isiah Harris used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I used Aygestin priming with antagonist cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nanette)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is very well organized, and modern. the lab appears very high tech. Everyone we met was very friendly and genuine.......................................................................
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility.
covered by my insurance.
Describe Isiah Harris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
he is a strong believer in having one baby at a time.
Isiah Harris
San Francisco
Dr. Tran seemed to view me as an individual, and was willing to try unconventional protocols. He was also mindful of cost issues as I was self pay at his office. He was also very responsive to my requests, and was available for appointments with relatively short notice...He is open to experimentation, and trying unconventional protocols.
Everyone in the office knows my name. When I come in the receptionist greets me by name. Dr. Tran knows me, and talks to me honestly and compassionately. He was also really honest about conditions that others had dismissed and made really good referrals to other doctors...They were attentive to my queries. I generally received a response immediately or within a few hours. They also seemed to be informed on me as a patient, and were very clear about the information that they were able to provide, and when they needed to consult the doctor.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He is open to experimentation, and trying unconventional protocols.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allie Bell)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
It is very easy to get appointments. All procedures are handled by the doctors. They are super responsive.
$7500 +meds
San Francisco

He [Dr. Nam Tran] was very invested in our outcome and was genuinely disappointed when we had bad results. He has a wry sense of humor, which really helped us gel with him.... He is clearly very dedicated to the clinic. Always available (e.g. by email or phone) to discuss any questions we might have. He may not be the hand-holding type, but it was obvious that he really cared about our outcomes.
Very patient-centered. They [Spring Fertility] actually do work around your schedule!... Allie [a nurse] is the best! I think she's a bit over-worked now as response times have gotten slower, but for anything time-sensitive, she's always been right on the ball.... Don't expect to have your hand held, but do know that you are in great hands.... $18000 with ICSI+ meds
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He is clearly very dedicated to the clinic. Always available (e.g. by email or phone) to discuss any questions we might have. He may not be the hand-holding type, but it was obvious that he really cared about our outcomes. He also has a wicked dry sense of humor.
Don't expect to have your hand held, but do know that you are in great hands.
Easy access to the doctor (e.g. by email or phone). Very caring doctor. He was very invested in our outcome and was genuinely disappointed when we had bad results. He has a wry sense of humor, which really helped us gel with him.
Demi-halt protocol (lupron, then FSH and Menopur). Results: about as expected.
Allie is the best! I think she's a bit over-worked now as response times have gotten slower, but for anything time-sensitive, she's always been right on the ball.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Very patient-centered. They actually do work around your schedule! ..........................................................................................
$18000 with ICSI+ meds
I was already very pro eSET, so no conflicts there.
2017, Unknown Success
On my first visit, I mentioned that endometriosis had been found inside me during a surgery I'd previously had. Dr. Tran dismissed this, saying I probably didn't have endometriosis. I quickly lost trust in his abilities, given he'd only seen me once and had no reason to make such statements...Dr. Tran is very straightforward and not warm at all.
The clinic [Spring Fertility] ran an insurance coverage check prior to our first visit and we were told "everything will be covered completely by your insurance." We came in for sperm testing and were charged $250 but not told beforehand this was not covered by our insurance...Strengths: Beautiful clinic and technologically advanced...$250 for sperm testing
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran is very straightforward and not warm at all.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Beautiful clinic and technologically advanced Weaknesses: Just didn't click with Dr. Tran so I switched clinics. However, another friend of mine really liked that Dr. Tran was not warm.
$250 for sperm testing
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
The clinic ran an insurance coverage check prior to our first visit and we were told "everything will be covered completely by your insurance." We came in for sperm testing and were charged $250 but not told beforehand this was not covered by our insurance.

2017, 17 Eggs Frozen
Dr Tran is very direct, but very straight to the point and will answer any questions you have. I'm not big on asking detailed questions, just want to know about next steps. I really liked his style and the best was the efficiency.... Dr. Tran is great, sharp, straight to the point and competent. He explained the treatment in detail and answered all questions I had. He tried a different protocol that worked really well for me and delivered a great outcome. He certainly exceeded my expectations.
Great clinic [Spring Fertility], fast, clean, organized. I paid out of pocket and it's pretty expensive, but worth it.... 8,500 for egg freezing treatement... Dr. Tran is great, sharp, straight to the point and competent. He explained the treatment in detail and answered all questions I had. He tried a different protocol that worked really well for me and delivered a great outcome. He certainly exceeded my expectations.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He is not super warm and fuzzy, but he gets the job done. I'd still work with him.
don't know.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Great clinic, fast, clean, organized. I paid out of pocket and it's pretty expensive, but worth it.
8,500 for egg freezing treatement

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Pasternak completed my embryo transfer. I had a PGS tested, day 5, 5AA Embryo, the best embryo one can have...She spent over 30 minutes trying to find my uterus and was unable to do so. She ended up causing me so much pain throughout this 30 minute process...I felt like a number rather than a human because she continued to just try, allowing blood to enter my uterus, leading to a chemical pregnancy. At no time did she let me know that there was another option here - which
The night before egg retrieval, one has to inject a drug. The instructions given to me [by Spring Fertility] were incorrect. I only knew this because I have had egg retrievals prior to this. When I called the doctor on staff that night and left a message, I did not receive a call back. However, the injectable must be timed perfectly, so a callback was necessary. I followed up - she gave me other instructions- which I then told her I thought were not accurate. At that point, she apologized and told me she had me confused with another patient. She then said she'd have to check with the nurse on the instructions to my injectable. All in all, everything went okay, because (1) I've had experience with egg retrievals before (2) I'm great at advocating for myself. However, what about the women who are doing this for the first time and do not feel comfortable speaking up to a doctor? I'm writing this review for those women!
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
I saw Dr. Pasternak about 3 times while I was at Spring. 2 times for appointments to monitor my IVF cycle (where she just measured my lining an counted number of eggs). She performed those competently. However, her weakness was, as I've stated in the embryo transfer. Dr. Pasternak has not been practicing for many years, and I suspect that her ego was committed to finishing the embryo transfer at all costs, rather than thinking about me as a patient or my future child. If she had, she would have stopped when she was having difficulty after 5 minutes (not 30/while/ I was in massive pain), obtained her supervisor, and explained that she had spent 30 minutes in my uterus, so that implantation would have been impossible. She would have explained that implantation was impossible and that I had the option to refreeze my embryo, and try again. She did none of those things. She simply continued to cause blood to enter my uterus, causing me to lose a 5AA embryo at age 43.
think Dr. Pasternak is fine for basic monitoring of lining and counting of eggs for IVF, becuase she doesn't make any decisions there. She just reports the information to the supervisor/doctor you have hired and they instruct on next steps. However, I would not let her touch you for an egg retrieval, an IUI, or an embryo transfer. From my experience, she can't take responsibility when she makes errors. To err is human, but to continue to err and jeapordize a patient once a Doctor realizes harm is antithetical to the Hippocrates oath of "Do no harm."
Dr. Pasternak completed my embryo transfer. I had a PGS tested, day 5, 5AA Embryo, the best embryo one can have She spent over 30 minutes trying to find my uterus and was unable to do so. She ended up causing me so much pain throughout this 30 minute process, and I later found out from medical experts after the fact that her insertion of the catheter into my uterus would have caused implantation to be impossible. I felt like a number rather than a human because she continued to just try, allowing blood to enter my uterus, leading to a chemical pregnancy. At no time did she let me know that there was another option here - which I found out later - to just freeze my embryo and schedule another appointment, given that implantation failure was a definite due to her errors. I ended up having a chemical pregnancy and losing the best embryo I have ever received. At age 43, I don't have many other chances. Dr. Pasternak put her need to insert the embryo over preserving my embryo. She made me feel like just a number on her list of embryos to implant and put herself first before my future child.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Irina)
Irina was a wonderful nurse. Totally organized, compassionate, could not ask for a better nurse.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Dr. Minjarez is an excellent doctor who oversaw my IVF protocol and got me an amazing result. She is able to think outside of the box, and really tailor treatment to the particular patient. Weaknesses: In my opinion (and I emphasize this is my opinion and not fact), Spring is growing at a remarkably fast rate. Many IVF clinics are receiving Private Equity funding, and are becoming more profit driven. They are hiring many new doctors, and many of those doctors are the ones assigned the embryo transfers, retrievals, etc. However, based on my experience with Dr. Pasternak, she was not trained well. And particularly not trained well for what to do when there is difficulty. Difficulty is expected in the medical field and doctors need to have a game plan for that. Another weakness is that after my exprience, I asked to speak to Dr. Pasternak, and was sent a quick email telling me not to worry rather than get on the phone with me after this traumatic incident. Lastly, I found this clinic to be too lax with Covid restrictions. I had to tell two of the doctors that their masks were falling off and their noses were not covered. This was in the middle of the height of the pandemic. Additionally, I had three incidences of people in the waiting room not wearing masks and the receptionist in charge was not enforcing the mask policy.
1 as I had a PGT tested embryo of the highest possible quality
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
The night before egg retrieval, one has to inject a drug. The instructions given to me were incorrect. I only knew this because I have had egg retrievals prior to this. When I called the doctor on staff that night and left a message, I did not receive a call back. However, the injectable must be timed perfectly, so a callback was necessary. I followed up - she gave me other instructions- which I then told her I thought were not accurate. At that point, she apologized and told me she had me confused with another patient. She then said she'd have to check with the nurse on the instructions to my injectable. All in all, everything went okay, because (1) I've had experience with egg retrievals before (2) I'm great at advocating for myself. However, what about the women who are doing this for the first time and do not feel comfortable speaking up to a doctor? I'm writing this review for those women!
San Francisco

She [Dr. Debra Minjarez] is personable and incredibly knowldegable... At 38 years old, we thought that we were essentially done and lost all hope that we would ever have our own baby...we signed up and started with a video call with Dr. Minjarez... and before you know it, we were in CA and underway. Needless to say it worked and we now have the most perfect 8 month old little boy, Preston. We will be forever grateful to Dr. Minjarez and the entire team. The difference in the facilities, practices, philosophies, strategy and just overall kindness, when compared to the two places we tried in NJ, were night and day. So... for anyone reading this review, just know that we were at the end of journey and depressed befor
[Spring Fertility was] Excellent. thoughtful and well prepared. They are very compassionate and understanding. They went out of their way to help us on our journey... The difference in the facilities, practices, philosophies, strategy and just overall kindness, when compared to the two places we tried in NJ, were night and day. So... for anyone reading this review, just know that we were at the end of journey and depressed before we found out about Spring Fertility. You will not regret the choice of using them. Happy Thanksgiving to Dr. Minjarez and the entire staff!!! THANK YOU!!!!
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
I saved this review for Thanksgiving. Every year I think what am I grateful for? Well this year there is a clear answer, SPRING FERTILITY. We had attempted IVF at 2 other locations in NJ over the course of 4 years or so, and both were terrible experiences. At 38 years old, we thought that we were essentially done and lost all hope that we would ever have our own baby. Then through a program/fertility coach we found (Tasha Blasi), Spring Fertility was recommended to us. They were in San Francisco, and we were in NJ... so there would be travel, additional expenses and time off work involved, but we thought, let's just go all-in on this last attempt. I admit that for a second it seemed going across the country for this was a bit far-fetched, but then it sank in... what is more important than this? Not much in our minds. So we signed up and started with a video call with Dr. Minjarez... and before you know it, we were in CA and underway. Needless to say it worked and we now have the most perfect 8 month old little boy, Preston. We will be forever grateful to Dr. Minjarez and the entire team. The difference in the facilities, practices, philosophies, strategy and just overall kindness, when compared to the two places we tried in NJ, were night and day. So... for anyone reading this review, just know that we were at the end of journey and depressed before we found out about Spring Fertility. You will not regret the choice of using them. Happy Thanksgiving to Dr. Minjarez and the entire staff!!! THANK YOU!!!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
JUST DO IT!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
She is personable and incredibly knowldegable
Describe the protocols Debra Minjarez used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Biggest difference was day 3 eggs.
excellent
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Excellent. thoughtful and well prepared. They are very compassionate and understanding. They went out of their way to help us on our journey and alswered all questions along the way
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility.
status quo. 10-15k
Debra Minjarez

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
I think he’s [Dr. Nam Tran] very smart and hope we’ll eventually get good results. We see him so infrequently and even when I request to speak with him, I get an email from his care team instead. So it’s hard to assess. He knows the statistics and is honest with you. He is very focused on the facts...I feel like one of many patients...I had 3 medicated IUI cycles with clomid. None led to a pregnancy
I’ve had some scheduling issues [at Spring Fertility] (needing time change appointments after they were scheduled, having a different provider than scheduled with). I think Dr. Tran can deliver the results. I feel like one of many patients. I sometimes feel like I really have to advocate for myself and ask the care team a lot of questions. I was given an IVF protocol, but no information on why that protocol was selected.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I think he’s very smart and hope we’ll eventually get good results. We see him so infrequently and even when I request to speak with him, I get an email from his care team instead. So it’s hard to assess. He knows the statistics and is honest with you. He is very focused on the facts.
It’s been a bit challenging to get answers or speak to Dr. Tran. I Often speak with a member of his team. Once I had an appointment booked with him, but I ended up seeing his NP. That’s fine, but would have been nice to tell me
I had 3 medicated IUI cycles with clomid. None led to a pregnancy. IVF cycle was cancelled due to COVID
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
It’s very hard to get in touch with Dr. Tran. His care team is very responsive to email.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I’ve had some scheduling issues (needing time change appointments after they were scheduled, having a different provider than scheduled with). I think Dr. Tran can deliver the results. I feel like one of many patients. I sometimes feel like I really have to advocate for myself and ask the care team a lot of questions. I was given an IVF protocol, but no information on why that protocol was selected. I sometimes feel bad asking so many questions. It would be nice to be given more information up front. The responsiveness around treatment during COVID has been excellent.

2019, Consult
[Dr. Tran] cracked some jokes and make me feel at ease. I thought my case would be difficult but he reassured me that It wasn’t going to be as complicated as I thought. I did appreciate that he had found my uterine septum...I loved that he did the ultrasound himself and gave me time to ask any questions I had. He also seemed extremely confident...he did suggest mini IVF with (if possible) a transfer of 2 embryos with a 3 day fresh
[Spring Fertility] Strengths; extremely clean, nice decor, drinks and snacks were on point too. Weaknesses; the outside of the building looks a bit old and the back of the building had a lot of trash bins. Parking was kind of limited and spaces were too compact...Cost is about $9500 not including meds...greeted by every staff member including the receptionist. Was offered complimentary drinks and snacks and never once felt rushed
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr Tran cracked some jokes and make me feel at ease. I thought my case would be difficult but he reassured me that It wasn’t going to be as complicated as I thought. I did appreciate that he had found my uterine septum which Kaiser had missed. I loved that he did the ultrasound himself and gave me time to ask any questions I had. He also seemed extremely confident.
Write down your questions and be ready to ask them all.
I was greeted by every staff member including the receptionist. Was offered complimentary drinks and snacks and never once felt rushed. Dr Tran even cracked some jokes with me and listened to my whole story without interruption.
I haven’t gone into an actual cycle yet but he did suggest mini IVF with (if possible) a transfer of 2 embryos with a 3 day fresh.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jillian)
I’ve only communicated with her thru email but so far so good. He responses are always clear and she answers every question I have for her.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Cost is about $9500 not including meds.
I liked that he’s willing to transfer 2 at the same time. Makes me excited for twins!

2013 - 2019, Successful
Dr Tran is amazing. My husband and I have been seeing him for almost 7 years and we know each other as well as one can know their doctor. He takes the time to explain very clearly what is going on and always tempers our expectations. He is just clear and concise and we really appreciate that...is no nonsense. If you require hand holding and “feel good” fluff; he is likely not for you. But if you value accurate feedback and someone that really knows his stuff - I absolutely couldn’t recommend a better physician.
Spring Fertility is a beautiful space. Easy to get to and very peaceful to be in. I love how the main facility has everything there and there is no need for me to travel to different offices. They offer refreshments and snacks in the lobby with plenty of room to get comfortable...My nurses and coordinator were all amazing. Compassionate and very quick to get back to me when I had questions...Dr Tran is no nonsense. If you require hand holding and “feel good” fluff; he is likely not for you. But if you value accurate feedback and someone that really knows his stuff - I absolutely couldn’t recommend a better physician.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
when Dr Tran was at UCSF, he went out of his way to be the physician that handled my surgery, retrieval’s and transfers. Being at a teaching hospital, it is nearly impossible to expect your physician to do the actual procedures. But he’d rearrange his schedule and make sure he was there for all the major things that had to get done.

2020, 17 Eggs Frozen
We used a Luteal protocol [with Dr. Kaltsky] - a great way to follow my natural cycle...really cares about his patients and is super knowledgable in his field. He's driven and thoughtful...is at the top of my list in terms of favorite doctors...And, he's a great human being! He was very compassionate in understanding my reasons for being there. And, he has a vision for how the future of fertility might look. Definitely a leader in his field...He knows his stuff! Come in with questions and be ready to learn.
[The nurses at Spring Fertility are] Very easy to communicate with over email. I really appreciated how the whole clinic has organized extensive notes on medication for patients...Beautiful, new, clean and forward-thinking! I love going into Spring's clinic. Much nicer than most doctor's offices. And, they always have a snack which is so nice. I find myself more often than not arriving starving in between meetings and life responsibilities. They think of every detail!...We used a Luteal protocol - a great way to follow my natural cycle.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky is at the top of my list in terms of favorite doctors. I think he's one of the very best in his field. And, he's a great human being! He was very compassionate in understanding my reasons for being there. And, he has a vision for how the future of fertility might look. Definitely a leader in his field.
He knows his stuff! Come in with questions and be ready to learn.
Dr. Klatsky really cares about his patients and is super knowledgable in his field. He's driven and thoughtful.
We used a Luteal protocol - a great way to follow my natural cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey )
10K - 12K
San Francisco

Dr. Tran is fantastic. Note, he speaks in stats which can be a little daunting however I appreciate the candor and the fact he level set what everything would look like! Moreover, his team is fantastic!..Got off BC for 3 months to “reset” hormones and to see if I would have more follicles. Genetic testing (Jewish) Sperm testing for my husband...Genetic testing on embryos
Spring [Fertility clinic] adds in tons of personal touches that make you feel so great to be there! They have great snacks, coffee, sparkling water... you don't think this would make a difference, but it makes it such a calming environment that you get "excited" to go to your appointment...17K which included: monitoring appointments, medicine, egg retrieval, embroy development + testing, genetic testing, & freezing.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Got off BC for 3 months to “reset” hormones and to see if I would have more follicles. Genetic testing (Jewish) Sperm testing for my husband Genetic testing for my husband Meds: Gonal f 150 12 days... then down to 100 For 2 days Menopur 14 days Drug to stop ovulation 5 days Trigger shot Egg retrival Genetic testing on embryos
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring adds in tons of personal touches that make you feel so great to be there! They have great snacks, coffee, sparkling water... you don't think this would make a difference, but it makes it such a calming environment that you get "excited" to go to your appointment.
2017, 17 Eggs Frozen
12k for egg freezing, 950 for Saline Ultrasound [at Spring Fertility]...Spring is very much a concierge clinic, they are responsive and aim to provide a great customer experience. I was pleased with staff, office facilities, and pricing. I have been seen in the SF and Redwood City offices...[nurses are] On top of their game. Organized, sympathetic, calming, kind...He [Dr. Nam Tran] was polite, compassionate, honest, and thorough. His priority was a mutual understanding so that clear expectations were set and course of treatment was followed compliantly. He was considerate, thoughtful, and candid...You will be in good hands...is very conversational and wants to ensure that a mutual connection and understanding is created for the benefit of the patient and the potential outcomes.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He was polite, compassionate, honest, and thorough. His priority was a mutual understanding so that clear expectations were set and course of treatment was followed compliantly. He was considerate, thoughtful, and candid.
You will be in good hands.
Dr. Tran is very conversational and wants to ensure that a mutual connection and understanding is created for the benefit of the patient and the potential outcomes.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
On top of their game. Organized, sympathetic, calming, kind.
12k for egg freezing, 950 for Saline Ultrasound
2021, Successful
Dr. Pasternak was always so warm and made me feel comfortable and not alone through having a lot of anxiety and worries about whether the transfer was going to stick or not...She was compassionate, communicative, warm, and honestly just incredible all around...I had massive anxiety about whether or not the transfer worked in my first ultrasound post-transfer and she responded so compassionately with medical intel to back it up, giving me the confidence I needed...
I LOVED my care team [at Spring Fertility]! Rayney and the team were so involved through the whole process and their communication was excellent. I felt very taken care of and very much like they were “in my corner”...Spring is a very comfortable environment without feeling like a sterile clinic. Everything is very clean and updated. I also was shocked at how on time they were for every appointment which is not something I’ve experienced with other doctors offices!...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
I couldn’t have loved and appreciated my experience with Dr. Pasternak more. She was compassionate, communicative, warm, and honestly just incredible all around. I felt very taken care of and would follow her absolutely anywhere for our next IVF transfer. I could not recommend her more highly.
Be as honest as you can with her because if you are open about your concerns and worries, i guarantee she will help you through it. I had massive anxiety about whether or not the transfer worked in my first ultrasound post-transfer and she responded so compassionately with medical intel to back it up, giving me the confidence I needed.
Dr. Pasternak was always so warm and made me feel comfortable and not alone through having a lot of anxiety and worries about whether the transfer was going to stick or not. I honestly wish I could have stayed with her through my entire pregnancy - her energy was exactly what I needed and I couldn’t feel luckier to have been matched with her for my IVF treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rayney Dodge)
I LOVED my care team! Rayney and the team were so involved through the whole process and their communication was excellent. I felt very taken care of and very much like they were “in my corner”.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
We went through insurance so it was largely paid for.
San Francisco

I was able to have a successful first retrieval [with Dr. Pasternak]. I did another one straight away as we had a small number of embryos and doing the second retrieval allowed me to bypass the month of hormones. In the end we got 5, day 5 embryos...always took time to help answer all my questions in an easy to understand way. I never felt silly or rushed for my questions and I felt like she really understood both my husband and I...She was very down to earth, though clearly competent. She was always very straight forward with us while interjecting helpful bits of information along the way. She took the time to learn our stories and about us and I always felt like she is a friend, which made the whole process so much easier.
I love that it [Spring Fertility] is a one-stop shop place. Blood draws, scans, transfers, retrivals, etc are all done there. Another strength is that all of the doctors and team are excellent. I had met a few for various scans and they were all warm, knowledgeable and highly competent...I mainly worked with Markie [nurse] and she was excellent. Always very quick to respond or tell me what she was waiting for...I appreciated Spring's single embryo approach as I felt confident with their testing and rational. I am happy this is what we ended up doing and now have one healthy girl!
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
After my first call with Dr. Pasternak I knew she was the doctor for us. She was very down to earth, though clearly competent. She was always very straight forward with us while interjecting helpful bits of information along the way. She took the time to learn our stories and about us and I always felt like she is a friend, which made the whole process so much easier.
Be clear about what outcomes you want including testing and what to do with leftover eggs / embryos as there are so many decisions.
Dr. Pasternak always took time to help answer all my questions in an easy to understand way. I never felt silly or rushed for my questions and I felt like she really understood both my husband and I.
I was on a month of injectable hormones before I did the first egg retrieval round as I was not cycling, depsit having a healthy uterus and a good number of eggs. It worked and I was able to have a successful first retrieval. I did another one straight away as we had a small number of embryos and doing the second retrieval allowed me to bypass the month of hormones. In the end we got 5, day 5 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Markie )
I mainly worked with Markie and she was excellent. Always very quick to respond or tell me what she was waiting for.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Weakness: I wish the clinic had free parking as in the end I was driving in. Strengths: I love that it is a one-stop shop place. Blood draws, scans, transfers, retrivals, etc are all done there. Another strength is that all of the doctors and team are excellent. I had met a few for various scans and they were all warm, knowledgeable and highly competent.
Do not remember as it was via my insurance

2018 - 2019, 48 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Klatsky always took whatever time I needed to reassure me and make sure I had all the information needed to make an informed decision. He was comforting, understanding, and professional. He performed 2 out of my 3 egg retrieval procedures, and the only reason he didn't perform the other was because he was out on paternity leave!...He made me feel very at ease through every process and procedure and I had great results from every retrieval. The nurses and coordinators were also extremely helpful and organized and made me feel like I was in great hands. Everyone listened intently to my concerns and addressed them with care.
The nurses and coordinators [at Spring Fertility] were extremely kind, helpful, and organized and made me feel like I was in great hands...The only area of improvement I want to call out is the communication between the clinic and the company that was providing the egg freezing benefits through my employer. Every time I went through an egg freezing procedure it felt like a lot of back and forth as I tried to explain what was covered by my insurance. I think this was mainly an issue on the part of my insurance provider, but it still would have been nice to see cleaner lines of communication. (Q121) which of the following did your treatment with the  include?
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatzky was kind, understanding, reasonable, and professional. He made me feel very at ease through every process and procedure and I had great results from every retrieval. The nurses and coordinators were also extremely helpful and organized and made me feel like I was in great hands. Everyone listened intently to my concerns and addressed them with care.
I did injections with Gonal-F, menopur, and a few others I can't remember. I never had any negative reactions to the drugs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nina, and others)
The nurses and coordinators were extremely kind, helpful, and organized and made me feel like I was in great hands.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Organized, professional, clean, nice refreshments (important when having blood drawn), usually speedy. Weaknesses: The only area of improvement I want to call out is the communication between the clinic and the company that was providing the egg freezing benefits through my employer. Every time I went through an egg freezing procedure it felt like a lot of back and forth as I tried to explain what was covered by my insurance. I think this was mainly an issue on the part of my insurance provider, but it still would have been nice to see cleaner lines of communication.
~$15K per egg retrieval procedure, but all but some $20 copays were covered by my employer/insurance.

2019, 19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Nam Tran felt very professional and trustworthy, I felt comfortable going over facts and getting straight answers from him. I felt comfortable with him during the egg retrieval surgery, and afterwards, and things went as expected during my egg retrieval. ... my nurse [Spring Fertility] and Dr. didn't communicate with me about their recommendation that I discontinue birth control several months previous to egg retrieval. I had checked in a previous communication whether I should discontinue, but was reassured it would be alright. When I checked back in a few months later when the procedure would fit with my schedule, they told me to wait several months to get off of birth control before they would recommend me to begin treatments
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is clean, comfortable, and professional, each interaction I had went well and felt good. It would have been nice to know how many doctors/nurses I would interact with throughout the process, before we started off it felt a bit like a whirlwind of people and processes. ... Each nurse, care coordinator and staff member was quite good at their part of the process. It's just that there were so many of them, and different ones at different points along the process! This put me on edge because I felt like information could easily be forgotten along the way, and not passed down to the next person.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I don't think I have anything that would be particularly useful I'm afraid! I was quite satisfied with Dr. Nam Tran
Whether I felt like a number or human was different at different points in my treatment. I rarely had the same doctor at my monitoring appointments for example, and it was difficult to know whether these doctors and nurses were speaking to one another behind the scenes. I thought each doctor individually had great bedside manner, but the communications felt quite disjointed, which made me feel a bit like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is clean, comfortable, and professional, each interaction I had went well and felt good. It would have been nice to know how many doctors/nurses I would interact with throughout the process, before we started off it felt a bit like a whirlwind of people and processes.
$8500 for egg retrieval
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
my nurse and Dr. didn't communicate with me about their recommendation that I discontinue birth control several months previous to egg retrieval. I had checked in a previous communication whether I should discontinue, but was reassured it would be alright. When I checked back in a few months later when the procedure would fit with my schedule, they told me to wait several months to get off of birth control before they would recommend me to begin treatments
San Francisco

We had a great experience with Dr. Minajarez. She is a take charge type of doctor that exhumes confidence. She was realistic with what our outcomes could be which made each round of egg retrieval more realistic. ... We had an unexpected complication and the doctor took the time with us to weigh our options. ... We used mini-stim for three cycles.
The strengths [of Spring Feritlity] are that it is inviting, does not feel like a cold doctors office, and they individualize everyones care. They are open early and are flexible, allowing you to go to different clinics if the date and time of your clinic does not work. However, all procedures are done in the San Francisco office, which can be a bit difficult to get to during commute times. ... My care team was very responsive.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Since Spring has three facilities your doctor may not be the one to do the procedures. They are up front with this.
All medical assistants, nurses, and doctor tried to use my preferred name and seemed genuinely excited during our procedures. We had an unexpected complication and the doctor took the time with us to weigh our options. They put my health above my desire to continue treatment.
We used mini-stim for three cycles. The first cycle we used clomid along with injectable medication. After the first cycle, I had a health complication that we originally thought was from the medications. It turned out to be a chronic issue, but we changed the Clomid to Letrozole for the last two cycles and retrieved more viable embryos. We genetically tested the embryos retrieved which allowed us to know the actual amount of normal embryos we have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Marina Lecoeuche)
My care team was very responsive. Any question I had was promptly answered with a pleasant response. They were more than willing to send different pharmacies my medications to help with costs.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The strengths are that it is inviting, does not feel like a cold doctors office, and they individualize everyones care. They are open early and are flexible, allowing you to go to different clinics if the date and time of your clinic does not work. However, all procedures are done in the San Francisco office, which can be a bit difficult to get to during commute times.
Each round was a little less than $15,000 including medication.
Debra Minjarez
San Francisco

[Spring Fertility-SF's] Strengths—doctors—you see your primary doctor most of the time for all appts (and they rotate on weekends)—all of the doctors are caring and talented. The front desk staff is well organized and helpful. All of the nurses are very knowledgeable and prompt with responses. Okay The medical assistants vary in their abilities and some struggle with blood draws which can be frustrating. Weaknesses The finance team is a nightmare to work with if you are using insurance.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
We were a challenging case and Dr Klatsy did not back down from the challenge and entered each phase of treatment with a positive outlook. He was very willing to change the approach based on current information and either move forward or pause to ensure we got the best outcome. He’s also one of the nicest most caring doctors i’ve seen. He’s realatable and goes out of his way to help coordinate care with other physicians as needed. My only critique would be for him to slow down a bit when he’s explaining things and allow more time for questions—we had already been through IVF once before working with him but he thinks so fast so you need to be ready ahead of time with your questions. Luckily his nurses are amazing and can help get answers after the appointment.
Do your homework ahead of time but be open to his tailored IVF protocols—he knows his stuff and you get great results even if the approach is different from the larger clinics.
Dr Klatsy is committed to his patients, empathetic to the challenges of IVF and has a great balance of positivity and reality when discussing treatment options and results.
Mid-luteal start protocol—3 and then 4 pgs normal embryos
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel)
Laurel is a rock star—well organized, prompt and amazing at concisely answering your all of your questions and following up with the doctor as needed.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths—doctors—you see your primary doctor most of the time for all appts (and they rotate on weekends)—all of the doctors are caring and talented. The front desk staff is well organized and helpful. All of the nurses are very knowledgeable and prompt with responses. Okay The medical assistants vary in their abilities and some struggle with blood draws which can be frustrating. Weaknesses The finance team is a nightmare to work with if you are using insurance. Slow to respond if they respond at all and they struggle to effectively work with insurance companies on claims. I’ve learned a ton about medical billing during the process because of the errors and lack of proper communication with our insurance company. Be sure to understand the entire cost of treatment and check your bills and claims frequently.
Out of pocket costs were a bit more expensive than larger Bay Area clinics but they take insurance (big positive!) and you get more time with the doctor than in the larger clinics. They offer good deals for medication packages and genetic testing. Insurance costs have not been clearly described and it is extremely challenging to get clear answers (or any answers) from the spring fertility finance team.
Since we had pgs tested our embryos, he recommended single embryo transfer which was our choice too.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
One time there was an issue with their message system and we did not get an update that the doctor wanted to see us earlier than our scheduled appointment. We worked through everything and got an appointment the next day and they fixed their message system. We been told conflicting financial information a few times.