Danville
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Mountain View (closed)
2490 Hospital Dr
Mountain View, CA 94040

Dr Tran will work with you, on your terms, in a way that makes you feel confident. He will let you trybwith your own eggs and not just push donor eggs to up his success rates. But the biggest thing- they sent flowers to me during the tww to send "good vibes during this time". Way different than my first clinic who basically told me my eggs were garbage!...I started letrozole after ovulation for 10 days and did a mini stim cycle to calm down my endometriosis. I was in way less stim meds this cycle and I think that helped my egg quality immensely. We did a fresh 3dt with 3 embryos. One stuck!
They're [Spring Fertility] a boutique clinic with only two doctors, so you really get specialized care and feel like a VIP. I saw my doctor at every appointment except for one, but they have to have days off! I really doubt he takes very many. I've been to other clinics. To me, they just seem more knowledgeable and more compassionate than the others. They don't have weaknesses. The only issue I had is that the clinic is a 3 hour drive from where I live, but absolutely worth the commute
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I was referred to him by my acupuncturists who said he deals with the "toughest cases." He is friendly, professional, patient, compassionate, and amazing at his job!!! I had two failed ivf cycles elsewhere. If I had come to him first, I would have saved a lot of time and money. My first cycle with him was a success!! I plan on going back when I'm ready for baby number 2.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
They know what they're doing! They are open to your ideas if you have a certain plan in mind, but you can trust them!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Everyone in their office is so friendly and professional! The nursing staff is top notch and always positive. Their office is beautiful and comfortable. Dr Tran will work with you, on your terms, in a way that makes you feel confident. He will let you trybwith your own eggs and not just push donor eggs to up his success rates. But the biggest thing- they sent flowers to me during the tww to send "good vibes during this time". Way different than my first clinic who basically told me my eggs were garbage!
Describe the protocols Nam Tran used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allie)
She is so nice! Compassionate! Always responded to my emails and voice messages very quickly, and if there was ever an issue- with insurance etc, she handled it quickly
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
They're a boutique clinic with only two doctors, so you really get specialized care and feel like a VIP. I saw my doctor at every appointment except for one, but they have to have days off! I really doubt he takes very many. I've been to other clinics. To me, they just seem more knowledgeable and more compassionate than the others. They don't have weaknesses. The only issue I had is that the clinic is a 3 hour drive from where I live, but absolutely worth the commute
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at Spring Fertility.
Describe Nam Tran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
He will do one or more depending on the patient's wishes, the quality of the embryos, and the patient's age.

2016, 8 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Klatsky] was great and a pro. Not super soft bedside manner but very smart and funny. He presented facts in a clear and accessible way and was very direct. I trusted him completely and though he could be a little flippant, I felt like he had my absolute best interests at heart... Went on birth control to regulate predict my period. Then, I started on Menopur and Follistem for about 12 days. I was going in basically every other day while Dr. K monitored with ultrasound and blood draws. He adjusted the med levels accordingly and was very in tune. He explained why he made the choices he did and I was really impressed with how he calibrated.
The nurses [at Spring Fertility] are so incredibly kind and responsive and the doctors are just sharp as tacks. I trust them to get the absolute optimal outcome and are really invested in their patients. Also, lovely touches - no hospital atmosphere, nice little gifts (chocolates after my egg retrieval!) and amazing snacks in the waiting room. I also love that I had one doc and one nurse for the entire process so they KNEW me and my case.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
He was great and a pro. Not super soft bedside manner but very smart and funny. He presented facts in a clear and accessible way and was very direct. I trusted him completely and though he could be a little flippant, I felt like he had my absolute best interests at heart.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Don’t expect kid gloves but he is a really kind and expert doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky was great. He’s incredibly funny - it took a little getting used to especially at the beginning (his partner Dr. Tran has a much more mellow bedside manner), but I trusted Dr. K’s expertise thoroughly and he monitored my egg retrieval and freezing like an absolute pro.
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
Fantastic team. So friendly and REAL. Ihad 1:1 instruction for how to give myself injections which was so helpful. Plus great email responsiveness and video tutorials
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
They were just getting started at the time so a tiny bit disorganized. However I have had friends use them since and think things have improved tremendously. The nurses are so incredibly kind and responsive and the doctors are just sharp as tacks. I trust them to get the absolute optimal outcome and are really invested in their patients. Also, lovely touches - no hospital atmosphere, nice little gifts (chocolates after my egg retrieval!) and amazing snacks in the waiting room. I also love that I had one doc and one nurse for the entire process so they KNEW me and my case.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility.
8k for one round of egg freezing; 4K for associated meds. Annual $600 for storage of frozen eggs.
Describe Peter Klatsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
None
San Francisco

I worked with Dr. Tran at UCSF and it was a modern, friendly place...[Nurse] Olga was very responsive. She answers lots of my questions about the protocol along the way and assured me I was doing things right...Egg retrieval ~$13,000 Each frozen embryo transfer $3,000-4,000...I felt like I was in great hands....Egg retrieval (birth control, Follistim + Menopur, Ganirelix) - 19 eggs --&gt; 6 5-day embryos Frozen egg transfer (birth control, Lupron shots, Vivelle patch, progesterone shots)
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I felt like I was in great hands. I knew he lectured around the world on fertility treatment, so it was clear he understood the science but also genuinely wanted to apply the science and help each patient. He never rushed us during visits and had a good sense of humor, which my husband really appreciated :) He was responsive to my needs, e.g., allowed me to talk to an IVF therapist free of charge after my second failed transfer. I can't recommend him highly enough -- it's hard to be an IVF patient because you're always wondering "will it work?!" but I had a great experience with him and never questioned his care.
Don't hesitate to ask questions; his answers are spot on!
Dr. Tran explained our situation with clarity and compassion during the entire process (retrieval through first trimester, after which I was transferred to OBGYN). My hormone treatment felt very customized and I felt like he was invested in our success, e.g., didn't do a fresh transfer because my hormone levels weren't optimum; waiting was hard, but I trusted his judgement. After two failed transfers, he suggested a uterine scratch because it was worth a shot and wanted me to feel like we were "doing everything we could." When I felt like a failure, he reminded me of the probabilities and the role of genetics (versus what I did or didn't do during the cycle). He was always willing to work with us and we'll be using him again for sure!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Olga Salamanca)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I worked with Dr. Tran at UCSF and it was a modern, friendly place; I know he's started his own clinic (Spring) and I imagine it's equally nice.
Egg retrieval ~$13,000 Each frozen embryo transfer $3,000-4,000
We loved his approach - patience is a virtue! We really only wanted a singleton (otherwise we could have done hormones + IUIs), and it was tempting to want to transfer two embryos to have success more quickly, but because our embryos were of good enough quality, we stuck with one embryo per transfer and were glad we did -- one baby is plenty of work :)

2020 - 2021, Successful
Embryo Freezing
Dr. Tran is very straightforward and honest with his thoughts. He respects you as a patient and will provide you with direct answers to any of your questions. He does create personalized protocols for everyone. Even with the monitoring appointments where I was seen by other doctors, Dr. Tran will make sure to review the findings and the follow-up instructions will only be given by him...
Spring has good customer service. The front desk is always welcoming. Nurses that I've seen are caring and patient. Compared to my previous clinic, I felt I mattered to Spring and they care about me as a patien...My primary nurse is Jill and my coordinator is Michelle. I absolutely love both of them. They are always on top of everything and very responsive. I couldn't ask for a better team to guide me through the whole process....
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran is not the warmest doctor and some may describe his bedside manner as below average, but if you don't care too much about comforting talks and just want good results, I'd definitely recommend him.
For my only IVF cycle, I was on the mid-luteal protocol, which eventually resulted in 36 eggs, 35 matured, and 10 day-5 Embryos (9 passed PGT). I did one natural frozen embryo transfer, and resulted in a successful ongoing pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
Insurance covered
Dr. Tran prefers single embryo transfer, especially given this is my first cycle.
San Francisco

She [Dr. Monica Pasternak] is compassionate, but direct; quick but very thorough. She clearly takes her work seriously but doesn’t take herself too seriously - she would always ask about my life outside of the clinic and tell me about hers. It put me at ease and made the whole thing feel more normal...We did IVF - we’ve done one round and we’re on hold to start our second (waiting for the shelter in place to lift). My treatment was pretty typical, per my understanding, and quick. I met dr Pasternak on 2/4 and had my retrieval on 3/7.
I was really impressed with the staff [at Spring Fertility]. I felt very well taken care of and thought all communication was timely and thorough while also feeling human...Really strong communication, availability of appointments, and overall friendly competent staff across all professions. I also appreciated that I could send one email and reach everyone at once. Every appointment was on time and I was in and out as quickly as possible...We did IVF - we’ve done one round and we’re on hold to start our second (waiting for the shelter in place to lift). My treatment was pretty typical, per my understanding, and quick. I met dr Pasternak on 2/4 and had my retrieval on 3/7.
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
She is compassionate, but direct; quick but very thorough. She clearly takes her work seriously but doesn’t take herself too seriously - she would always ask about my life outside of the clinic and tell me about hers. It put me at ease and made the whole thing feel more normal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Be direct with what you want and she’ll be direct in telling you how to get that
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr Pasternak was immediately relatable - kind, direct, and thorough without being pretentious. I felt at ease right away, like she was on my side and smart about what she was suggesting.
Describe the protocols Monica Pasternak used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Markie )
I was really impressed with the staff. I felt very well taken care of and thought all communication was timely and thorough while also feeling human
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility.
I have great insurance so I paid almost nothing out of pocket
San Francisco

Weekly follow ups tend to be quick as she [Dr. Debra Minjarez] is busy with patients and travel from SF. However, she checks in and takes the time to speak with us before every procedure and ensures our comfort levels and understanding. She takes the time to answer questions/concerns and is patient/compassionate...has phenomenal bedside manner and has compassion for her work and patients. She is direct and intelligent and break down information for us to better understand the process and protocols.
You deal with multiple staff on the Dr’s team [at Spring Fertility]. Nurse, finance, patient coordinator, anesthesiologists, etc. all are super friendly and are able to get up to speed with status of protocols when I call the office (I don’t have to go through a gatekeeper or explain much). Sometimes talking to different people is a bit much, but everyone has their role...Flo [nurse] has compassion and high level of care when reviewing protocols and medications. She provides comfort and additional support through the process. It is reassuring to have a team that is cheering you on and supporting your journey as it is an arduous, emotional, and straining one.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Weekly follow ups tend to be quick as she is busy with patients and travel from SF. However, she checks in and takes the time to speak with us before every procedure and ensures our comfort levels and understanding. She takes the time to answer questions/concerns and is patient/compassionate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
She has been considered the best in the field coming from CCRM in Colorado. She was highly recommended to us by many people. You have the power to hire your fertility care team. Check to see what you want and comfortable with.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Minjarez has phenomenal bedside manner and has compassion for her work and patients. She is direct and intelligent and break down information for us to better understand the process and protocols.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Flo)
Flo has compassion and high level of care when reviewing protocols and medications. She provides comfort and additional support through the process. It is reassuring to have a team that is cheering you on and supporting your journey as it is an arduous, emotional, and straining one.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
You deal with multiple staff on the Dr’s team. Nurse, finance, patient coordinator, anesthesiologists, etc. all are super friendly and are able to get up to speed with status of protocols when I call the office (I don’t have to go through a gatekeeper or explain much). Sometimes talking to different people is a bit much, but everyone has their role.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility.
$40000
Debra Minjarez
San Francisco
If you’re looking for sugar-coating, you’re barking up the wrong tree. He [Dr. Nam Tran] tells the absolute truth using science and data no matter what. He will not pull punches to make you feel better...I used Clomid for a minimum stimulation cycle. Although I was only 31, my ovaries behave as if they are 49...was 100% transparent about my diagnosis, prognosis (it wasn’t good; my AMH was 0.18 at age 31!), and what I could expect. I feel like his transparency allowed me to have realistic expectations, which is the most compassionate thing a fertility doctor can do.
Brittany Ann (my patient navigator) and Yvette (my nurse) [at Spring Fertility] were perfect. I could not have asked for a more professional, informative, and compassionate team!...The employees are all wonderful, trustworthy people. I KNOW it is stressful, but trust the process and be kind to the staff. They know their stuff!...I used Clomid for a minimum stimulation cycle. Although I was only 31, my ovaries behave as if they are 49...Every provider at Spring is outstanding however, Dr. Tran is a perfect balance between compassion and directness. I feel as though I had all of the information I needed, and I had complete realistic expectations the entire time. I will absolutely use him a second time. New Patient Advice
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
If you’re looking for sugar-coating, you’re barking up the wrong tree. He tells the absolute truth using science and data no matter what. He will not pull punches to make you feel better. That said, TRUST HIM.
Dr. Tran was 100% transparent about my diagnosis, prognosis (it wasn’t good; my AMH was 0.18 at age 31!), and what I could expect. I feel like his transparency allowed me to have realistic expectations, which is the most compassionate thing a fertility doctor can do.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette)
Brittany Ann (my patient navigator) and Yvette (my nurse) were perfect. I could not have asked for a more professional, informative, and compassionate team!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I work in the fertility field. I could have gone anywhere, but I chose Spring. The employees are all wonderful, trustworthy people. I KNOW it is stressful, but trust the process and be kind to the staff. They know their stuff!
I do not recall the exact number. I had extraneous costs related to the donor sperm I used, mandatory FDA testing, etc.
Not applicable. I was only freezing embryos.

Unknown Success
My partner and I want two kids, and at first Dr. Pasternak suggested IUI for the first child since I don't have any documented fertility issues. But we changed courses to IVF because we wanted the healthiest eggs and 37-year old eggs are presumably better than 39-year old eggs. Once that was decided, Dr. Pasternak came up with the protocols to make that happen...She was incredibly knowledgeable with her answers to our questions, and she always took the extra time to explain something to us. In addition, she's very personable, funny, and made the IVF process a lot less scary. In fact, under her care, the process was actually fun and exciting because she kept us involved in how my follicles were growing and how many eggs we were going to get. Every appointment we had with her was positive, and she was absolutely wonderful during my egg retrieval. She was quick and I felt ZERO pain afterwards. In fact, under her care, I ba
Great team [at Spring Fertility]- incredibly professional...Jordan always responds with compassion and insight; Markie is quick with medication and putting my mind at ease with things that may be out of the ordinary, and Dana is always jumping in if anyone is off that day so that way we aren't waiting for an answer...Cycle 1 cost about $18,500, with a 10% discount for Cycle 2. Medication cost about $5,000. Egg transfer will cost $3,000-$5,000 according to the cost sheet.
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak was wonderful to me as a patient. The individual monitoring appointments were fun since she was always explaining how the follicles were growing. And when I was getting concerned that I may not have as many eggs on one side than the other, she was reassuring that what I was going through was normal and not to worry. But at the same time, she was direct with the facts to not give me false hope. She mentioned that there was a chance that I could end up with 0 healthy embryos at the end of my treatment (luckily I ended up with 2!) I trust the advice she gives, the facts that she presents, and the way she delivers the information to us.
Tell her exactly what you want upfront. My partner and I want two kids, and at first Dr. Pasternak suggested IUI for the first child since I don't have any documented fertility issues. But we changed courses to IVF because we wanted the healthiest eggs and 37-year old eggs are presumably better than 39-year old eggs. Once that was decided, Dr. Pasternak came up with the protocols to make that happen.
Dr. Monica is a first rate doctor. From day one of meeting her, my partner and I knew we were in good hands. She was incredibly knowledgeable with her answers to our questions, and she always took the extra time to explain something to us. In addition, she's very personable, funny, and made the IVF process a lot less scary. In fact, under her care, the process was actually fun and exciting because she kept us involved in how my follicles were growing and how many eggs we were going to get. Every appointment we had with her was positive, and she was absolutely wonderful during my egg retrieval. She was quick and I felt ZERO pain afterwards. In fact, under her care, I barely felt any pain at any time. She was absolutely wonderful in her expertise and her knowledge. And she made my partner feel just as included in the process. Even though there are strict COVID protocols, she allowed my partner to be with me during the appointments, which was so kind. I have recommended Dr. Pasternak to two of my family members and we trust her with our journey 100%.
I am currently in my second Cycle. The first cycle was probably the more standard protocol, which was to start the injectable medications after ovulation, and to start off with higher doses and then generally go down during the cycle. My second cycle is a bit different in that I started a few days after the egg retrieval for Cycle 1, and then was on a birth control (?) pill for 10 days or so and then light injectables to start off with. So far so good. Each cycle has been easy with no to little pain.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Markie)
Everyone on Dr. Pasternak's team is WONDERFUL! From Jordan, Dana, and Markie - we were in good hands. Jordan always responds with compassion and insight; Markie is quick with medication and putting my mind at ease with things that may be out of the ordinary, and Dana is always jumping in if anyone is off that day so that way we aren't waiting for an answer. Great team - incredibly professional.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I have already recommended Spring Fertility to two of my family members and would recommend them to any of my friends/family that asks. They are professional and organized. Their appointment reminders are timely, their appointments are always on time, the staff is friendly and helpful (for the most part). We are pleased with our choice to come to Spring Fertility.
Describe Monica Pasternak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr. Pasternak didn't recommend more than one transfer for me. I am assuming it's because I don't have a documented fertility issue. But we will know more about our options closer to embryo transfer.
San Francisco

Dr. Tran is a thoughtful and compassionate doctor. He explained things very clearly and was straightforward about the challenges he anticipated in our case, which I really appreciated. He updated us at every step so I never felt confused about what to expect. Overall he gave us very realistic expectations...I completed an egg retrieval using an antagonist protocol (Lupron followed by follistim/menopur) and day 5 fresh embryo transfer with 2 embryos. I am currently pregnant with one (due next month).
The best thing about Spring was the care felt very personal. Everyone knew our names, and even the embryologist came to introduce himself before our egg retrieval. I felt very cared for throughout the entire process...Allie was friendly, caring, and compassionate. She always responded very promptly to questions and was very clear in her instructions regarding medication dosing, etc...I completed an egg retrieval using an antagonist protocol (Lupron followed by follistim/menopur) and day 5 fresh embryo transfer with 2 embryos. I am currently pregnant with one (due next month).
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Ask all of your questions! He is well-informed on advances in fertility care and applying new data to individual patients.
Dr. Tran and his staff always treated me like an individual. They all knew details of my case, and seeing a Dr at all of my monitoring visits made me feel like they took my cycle seriously and wanted to individualize the treatment course.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Dr. Tran educated us thoroughly on the risks and benefits of multiple embryo transfer vs eSET and ultimately the decision was up to us.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Tran's protocol starts from mid-luteal after ovulation, and treatment is gradually stepping down with Gonal F and Menupur...Dr Tran is super smart, efficient and has his own expertise and character that rarely seen in my previous fertility Doctors. He takes care of you, and also provides confidence. So when you see him, you will feel there is hope and success...
The strength of spring [Spring Fertility] is the innovative treatment that Dr. Tran and his care team provided...If you have failed 300/150 GonalF/Menupur, I would recommend Spring which you can try a optimized protocol and might get a surprising good results...Dr. Tran's protocol starts from mid-luteal after ovulation, and treatment is gradually stepping down with Gonal F and Menupur...
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He will provide you personalized care and will result the best outcome and better care compared with other bay area IVF clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Bridget)
All the best
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The strength of spring is the innovative treatment that Dr. Tran and his care team provided. I have reviewed hundreds of protocol on FertilityIQ and other sources shared by patients after my first IVF failed from another clinic. Most clinic just use 300/150 flat dose for patients, and many failed completely but the doctors will repeat the same treatment again and again with some other added medicines. If you have failed 300/150 GonalF/Menupur, I would recommend Spring which you can try a optimized protocol and might get a surprising good results.
Fully covered by insurance

Investor
I was treated as if I was his most important patient. My outcome was as important to him [Dr. Nam Tran] as it was to me...He is incredibly warm and caring. He is elated when your results are good and so sad when they don't . work out. But above all else he tells you the truth and will never lead you to believe something false because it makes you feel better. He will design your treatment with you in mind to get the best possible outcome.
I have been to other clinics that are run like a factory. Spring is warm, intimate and run so well. You are seen on time and you are never left wondering with questions. You are treated like family, not like a number...My [nurse] is an excellent communicator. She goes above and beyond for the patients in her care...My outcome was as important to him [Dr. Nam Tran] as it was to me...He is incredibly warm and caring.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
A lot of people say that he isn't warm or doesn't have a great beside manner. I would completely disagree. He is incredibly warm and caring. He is elated when your results are good and so sad when they don't . work out. But above all else he tells you the truth and will never lead you to believe something false because it makes you feel better. He will design your treatment with you in mind to get the best possible outcome.
He will tell it to you straight. And even if your odds are not great he will do everything in his power to get you a good result. He does not shy away from tough cases.
I was treated as if I was his most important patient. My outcome was as important to him as it was to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: My Lee)
My is an excellent communicator. She goes above and beyond for the patients in her care.
San Francisco

Both Dr. Tran and his staff [Spring Fertility] has been very responsive and informative with all of my questions....Dr. Tran Is very knowledgeable, informative and caring. I have been through 2 cycles with with Dr. Tran but I unfortunately both had negative results but he has guided me along the way and has answered every question I’ve had.
The one thing I love most about this clinic [Spring Fertility] is the connivence. They have multiple offices across the Bay Area and I’ve been able to go to one just a few minutes from my job which has been extremely helpful considering there are a ton of appointments. The only time I would have to go to the main clinic is for the big procedures which I don’t mind.... My Nurse has been very helpful and informative. Most of my questions are usually answered within a couple of hours. She’s very knowledgeable and knows my next steps.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Come prepared with your questions and make sure you’re comfortable with Dr. Tran and the clinic.
Both Dr. Tran and his staff has been very responsive and informative with all of my questions.
Sorry, I don’t remember.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The one thing I love most about this clinic is the connivence. They have multiple offices across the Bay Area and I’ve been able to go to one just a few minutes from my job which has been extremely helpful considering there are a ton of appointments. The only time I would have to go to the main clinic is for the big procedures which I don’t mind.
Each round is roughly around 10,000.00 (not including medication)
San Francisco
Dr Tran is a busy man so have to take all my questions with me for the day. He does make time for me when I need to talk or have so much questions, but don’t get to see him at all my appointments. It would be nice to have him to all my appointment but I understand that he is a busy man and he does most of the clinic in SFO. ... Well for start he talks in a manner you understand very step on the treatment. Makes you fell like a person and not just another woman coming through.
Good nurse that is loving and caring , with an understanding. Making sure you get to know the doctors as dr Tran will not be there [Spring Fertility San Fran] all the time. Go prepared with all the questions and any other medical questions you may have ... She [nurse] is my go to person makes everything easy. I don’t have to wait to call her, she does it all on time and answers all my questions and emails me on the day. She is so easy to communicate with, finally she is never busy to take my call.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Take all your questions with you. Write them down and so you remember them all.
Can’t remember them all sorry
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lee)
She is my go to person makes everything easy. I don’t have to wait to call her, she does it all on time and answers all my questions and emails me on the day. She is so easy to communicate with, finally she is never busy to take my call.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Good nurse that is loving and caring , with an understanding. Making sure you get to know the doctors as dr Tran will not be there all the time. Go prepared with all the questions and any other medical questions you may have
No sorry
Single transfer

2017 - 2018, 28 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Klatsky gave] Very clear explanations of treatment. Was very considerate in choosing a regimen that would be suitable for me and have a good/easy recovery time. Great communication and availability. He made sure that I had a gentle ramp-up of meds to avoid OHSS. He went out of his way to call after to make sure I was doing OK as well...Ask questions, he'll take the time to answer them.
[Nurses at Spring Fertility had a] Fast response time; very kind; attentive...A few times there were miscommunications but these were all resolved quickly. One cycle I didn't have anyone to drive me home and one of the coordinators actually gave me a lift back, that was super nice of her...Cleanliness, organization, fast response time, good communication...Atmosphere is calming. Great communication. Gave me a very gentle treatment to make sure I didn't get OHSS.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Ask questions, he'll take the time to answer them.
Very clear explanations of treatment, very attentive, office is great, took a lot of time to check in on my personally. Nursing staff is great. Atmosphere is calming. Great communication. Gave me a very gentle treatment to make sure I didn't get OHSS.
lupron only trigger and gentle/lighter hormone doses, because my AMH was a bit high and he wanted to avoid OHSS.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
Fast response time; very kind; attentive
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Cleanliness, organization, fast response time, good communication. A few times there were miscommunications but these were all resolved quickly. One cycle I didn't have anyone to drive me home and one of the coordinators actually gave me a lift back, that was super nice of her.
there was a minimal (maybe $300?) consultation fee, but luckily for me due to the nature of the program I participated in there was no other cost to me.
San Francisco
Dr. Harris always took the time to fully explain my options and the treatment plan that he thought was best. Sometimes it felt like a like a lot of information, but he would take the time necessary to make it as simple as possible for me. ... Dr. H is incredibly kind, compassionate and knowledgeable. As busy as he was (I think he had 30 other IVF patients the same week he took care of us) he was always patient and cheerful to be around. I can't say how appreciative and fortunate I am for all that he did for us.
I had a great experience with the nursing team and all the points of contact at Spring Fertility. ... The clinic is very well organized, and modern. the lab appears very high tech. Everyone we met was very friendly and genuine ... I had a great experience with the nursing team and all the points of contact at Spring Fertility. ... he [Dr. Harris] is a strong believer in having one baby at a time.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
I don't have any particular advice. Don't be afraid to ask him questions because he does not mind and wants you to understand as much as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Isiah Harris used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I used Aygestin priming with antagonist cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nanette)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is very well organized, and modern. the lab appears very high tech. Everyone we met was very friendly and genuine.......................................................................
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility.
covered by my insurance.
Describe Isiah Harris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
he is a strong believer in having one baby at a time.
Isiah Harris
San Francisco
Dr. Tran seemed to view me as an individual, and was willing to try unconventional protocols. He was also mindful of cost issues as I was self pay at his office. He was also very responsive to my requests, and was available for appointments with relatively short notice...He is open to experimentation, and trying unconventional protocols.
Everyone in the office knows my name. When I come in the receptionist greets me by name. Dr. Tran knows me, and talks to me honestly and compassionately. He was also really honest about conditions that others had dismissed and made really good referrals to other doctors...They were attentive to my queries. I generally received a response immediately or within a few hours. They also seemed to be informed on me as a patient, and were very clear about the information that they were able to provide, and when they needed to consult the doctor.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He is open to experimentation, and trying unconventional protocols.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allie Bell)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
It is very easy to get appointments. All procedures are handled by the doctors. They are super responsive.
$7500 +meds
San Francisco

He [Dr. Nam Tran] was very invested in our outcome and was genuinely disappointed when we had bad results. He has a wry sense of humor, which really helped us gel with him.... He is clearly very dedicated to the clinic. Always available (e.g. by email or phone) to discuss any questions we might have. He may not be the hand-holding type, but it was obvious that he really cared about our outcomes.
Very patient-centered. They [Spring Fertility] actually do work around your schedule!... Allie [a nurse] is the best! I think she's a bit over-worked now as response times have gotten slower, but for anything time-sensitive, she's always been right on the ball.... Don't expect to have your hand held, but do know that you are in great hands.... $18000 with ICSI+ meds
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He is clearly very dedicated to the clinic. Always available (e.g. by email or phone) to discuss any questions we might have. He may not be the hand-holding type, but it was obvious that he really cared about our outcomes. He also has a wicked dry sense of humor.
Don't expect to have your hand held, but do know that you are in great hands.
Easy access to the doctor (e.g. by email or phone). Very caring doctor. He was very invested in our outcome and was genuinely disappointed when we had bad results. He has a wry sense of humor, which really helped us gel with him.
Demi-halt protocol (lupron, then FSH and Menopur). Results: about as expected.
Allie is the best! I think she's a bit over-worked now as response times have gotten slower, but for anything time-sensitive, she's always been right on the ball.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Very patient-centered. They actually do work around your schedule! ..........................................................................................
$18000 with ICSI+ meds
I was already very pro eSET, so no conflicts there.
2017, Unknown Success
On my first visit, I mentioned that endometriosis had been found inside me during a surgery I'd previously had. Dr. Tran dismissed this, saying I probably didn't have endometriosis. I quickly lost trust in his abilities, given he'd only seen me once and had no reason to make such statements...Dr. Tran is very straightforward and not warm at all.
The clinic [Spring Fertility] ran an insurance coverage check prior to our first visit and we were told "everything will be covered completely by your insurance." We came in for sperm testing and were charged $250 but not told beforehand this was not covered by our insurance...Strengths: Beautiful clinic and technologically advanced...$250 for sperm testing
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran is very straightforward and not warm at all.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Beautiful clinic and technologically advanced Weaknesses: Just didn't click with Dr. Tran so I switched clinics. However, another friend of mine really liked that Dr. Tran was not warm.
$250 for sperm testing
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
The clinic ran an insurance coverage check prior to our first visit and we were told "everything will be covered completely by your insurance." We came in for sperm testing and were charged $250 but not told beforehand this was not covered by our insurance.

2017, 17 Eggs Frozen
Dr Tran is very direct, but very straight to the point and will answer any questions you have. I'm not big on asking detailed questions, just want to know about next steps. I really liked his style and the best was the efficiency.... Dr. Tran is great, sharp, straight to the point and competent. He explained the treatment in detail and answered all questions I had. He tried a different protocol that worked really well for me and delivered a great outcome. He certainly exceeded my expectations.
Great clinic [Spring Fertility], fast, clean, organized. I paid out of pocket and it's pretty expensive, but worth it.... 8,500 for egg freezing treatement... Dr. Tran is great, sharp, straight to the point and competent. He explained the treatment in detail and answered all questions I had. He tried a different protocol that worked really well for me and delivered a great outcome. He certainly exceeded my expectations.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He is not super warm and fuzzy, but he gets the job done. I'd still work with him.
don't know.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Great clinic, fast, clean, organized. I paid out of pocket and it's pretty expensive, but worth it.
8,500 for egg freezing treatement

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Pasternak completed my embryo transfer. I had a PGS tested, day 5, 5AA Embryo, the best embryo one can have...She spent over 30 minutes trying to find my uterus and was unable to do so. She ended up causing me so much pain throughout this 30 minute process...I felt like a number rather than a human because she continued to just try, allowing blood to enter my uterus, leading to a chemical pregnancy. At no time did she let me know that there was another option here - which
The night before egg retrieval, one has to inject a drug. The instructions given to me [by Spring Fertility] were incorrect. I only knew this because I have had egg retrievals prior to this. When I called the doctor on staff that night and left a message, I did not receive a call back. However, the injectable must be timed perfectly, so a callback was necessary. I followed up - she gave me other instructions- which I then told her I thought were not accurate. At that point, she apologized and told me she had me confused with another patient. She then said she'd have to check with the nurse on the instructions to my injectable. All in all, everything went okay, because (1) I've had experience with egg retrievals before (2) I'm great at advocating for myself. However, what about the women who are doing this for the first time and do not feel comfortable speaking up to a doctor? I'm writing this review for those women!
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
I saw Dr. Pasternak about 3 times while I was at Spring. 2 times for appointments to monitor my IVF cycle (where she just measured my lining an counted number of eggs). She performed those competently. However, her weakness was, as I've stated in the embryo transfer. Dr. Pasternak has not been practicing for many years, and I suspect that her ego was committed to finishing the embryo transfer at all costs, rather than thinking about me as a patient or my future child. If she had, she would have stopped when she was having difficulty after 5 minutes (not 30/while/ I was in massive pain), obtained her supervisor, and explained that she had spent 30 minutes in my uterus, so that implantation would have been impossible. She would have explained that implantation was impossible and that I had the option to refreeze my embryo, and try again. She did none of those things. She simply continued to cause blood to enter my uterus, causing me to lose a 5AA embryo at age 43.
think Dr. Pasternak is fine for basic monitoring of lining and counting of eggs for IVF, becuase she doesn't make any decisions there. She just reports the information to the supervisor/doctor you have hired and they instruct on next steps. However, I would not let her touch you for an egg retrieval, an IUI, or an embryo transfer. From my experience, she can't take responsibility when she makes errors. To err is human, but to continue to err and jeapordize a patient once a Doctor realizes harm is antithetical to the Hippocrates oath of "Do no harm."
Dr. Pasternak completed my embryo transfer. I had a PGS tested, day 5, 5AA Embryo, the best embryo one can have She spent over 30 minutes trying to find my uterus and was unable to do so. She ended up causing me so much pain throughout this 30 minute process, and I later found out from medical experts after the fact that her insertion of the catheter into my uterus would have caused implantation to be impossible. I felt like a number rather than a human because she continued to just try, allowing blood to enter my uterus, leading to a chemical pregnancy. At no time did she let me know that there was another option here - which I found out later - to just freeze my embryo and schedule another appointment, given that implantation failure was a definite due to her errors. I ended up having a chemical pregnancy and losing the best embryo I have ever received. At age 43, I don't have many other chances. Dr. Pasternak put her need to insert the embryo over preserving my embryo. She made me feel like just a number on her list of embryos to implant and put herself first before my future child.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Irina)
Irina was a wonderful nurse. Totally organized, compassionate, could not ask for a better nurse.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Dr. Minjarez is an excellent doctor who oversaw my IVF protocol and got me an amazing result. She is able to think outside of the box, and really tailor treatment to the particular patient. Weaknesses: In my opinion (and I emphasize this is my opinion and not fact), Spring is growing at a remarkably fast rate. Many IVF clinics are receiving Private Equity funding, and are becoming more profit driven. They are hiring many new doctors, and many of those doctors are the ones assigned the embryo transfers, retrievals, etc. However, based on my experience with Dr. Pasternak, she was not trained well. And particularly not trained well for what to do when there is difficulty. Difficulty is expected in the medical field and doctors need to have a game plan for that. Another weakness is that after my exprience, I asked to speak to Dr. Pasternak, and was sent a quick email telling me not to worry rather than get on the phone with me after this traumatic incident. Lastly, I found this clinic to be too lax with Covid restrictions. I had to tell two of the doctors that their masks were falling off and their noses were not covered. This was in the middle of the height of the pandemic. Additionally, I had three incidences of people in the waiting room not wearing masks and the receptionist in charge was not enforcing the mask policy.
1 as I had a PGT tested embryo of the highest possible quality
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
The night before egg retrieval, one has to inject a drug. The instructions given to me were incorrect. I only knew this because I have had egg retrievals prior to this. When I called the doctor on staff that night and left a message, I did not receive a call back. However, the injectable must be timed perfectly, so a callback was necessary. I followed up - she gave me other instructions- which I then told her I thought were not accurate. At that point, she apologized and told me she had me confused with another patient. She then said she'd have to check with the nurse on the instructions to my injectable. All in all, everything went okay, because (1) I've had experience with egg retrievals before (2) I'm great at advocating for myself. However, what about the women who are doing this for the first time and do not feel comfortable speaking up to a doctor? I'm writing this review for those women!
San Francisco

She [Dr. Debra Minjarez] is personable and incredibly knowldegable... At 38 years old, we thought that we were essentially done and lost all hope that we would ever have our own baby...we signed up and started with a video call with Dr. Minjarez... and before you know it, we were in CA and underway. Needless to say it worked and we now have the most perfect 8 month old little boy, Preston. We will be forever grateful to Dr. Minjarez and the entire team. The difference in the facilities, practices, philosophies, strategy and just overall kindness, when compared to the two places we tried in NJ, were night and day. So... for anyone reading this review, just know that we were at the end of journey and depressed befor
[Spring Fertility was] Excellent. thoughtful and well prepared. They are very compassionate and understanding. They went out of their way to help us on our journey... The difference in the facilities, practices, philosophies, strategy and just overall kindness, when compared to the two places we tried in NJ, were night and day. So... for anyone reading this review, just know that we were at the end of journey and depressed before we found out about Spring Fertility. You will not regret the choice of using them. Happy Thanksgiving to Dr. Minjarez and the entire staff!!! THANK YOU!!!!
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
I saved this review for Thanksgiving. Every year I think what am I grateful for? Well this year there is a clear answer, SPRING FERTILITY. We had attempted IVF at 2 other locations in NJ over the course of 4 years or so, and both were terrible experiences. At 38 years old, we thought that we were essentially done and lost all hope that we would ever have our own baby. Then through a program/fertility coach we found (Tasha Blasi), Spring Fertility was recommended to us. They were in San Francisco, and we were in NJ... so there would be travel, additional expenses and time off work involved, but we thought, let's just go all-in on this last attempt. I admit that for a second it seemed going across the country for this was a bit far-fetched, but then it sank in... what is more important than this? Not much in our minds. So we signed up and started with a video call with Dr. Minjarez... and before you know it, we were in CA and underway. Needless to say it worked and we now have the most perfect 8 month old little boy, Preston. We will be forever grateful to Dr. Minjarez and the entire team. The difference in the facilities, practices, philosophies, strategy and just overall kindness, when compared to the two places we tried in NJ, were night and day. So... for anyone reading this review, just know that we were at the end of journey and depressed before we found out about Spring Fertility. You will not regret the choice of using them. Happy Thanksgiving to Dr. Minjarez and the entire staff!!! THANK YOU!!!!
JUST DO IT!
She is personable and incredibly knowldegable
Describe the protocols Debra Minjarez used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Biggest difference was day 3 eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
excellent
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Excellent. thoughtful and well prepared. They are very compassionate and understanding. They went out of their way to help us on our journey and alswered all questions along the way
status quo. 10-15k
Debra Minjarez

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
I think he’s [Dr. Nam Tran] very smart and hope we’ll eventually get good results. We see him so infrequently and even when I request to speak with him, I get an email from his care team instead. So it’s hard to assess. He knows the statistics and is honest with you. He is very focused on the facts...I feel like one of many patients...I had 3 medicated IUI cycles with clomid. None led to a pregnancy
I’ve had some scheduling issues [at Spring Fertility] (needing time change appointments after they were scheduled, having a different provider than scheduled with). I think Dr. Tran can deliver the results. I feel like one of many patients. I sometimes feel like I really have to advocate for myself and ask the care team a lot of questions. I was given an IVF protocol, but no information on why that protocol was selected.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I think he’s very smart and hope we’ll eventually get good results. We see him so infrequently and even when I request to speak with him, I get an email from his care team instead. So it’s hard to assess. He knows the statistics and is honest with you. He is very focused on the facts.
It’s been a bit challenging to get answers or speak to Dr. Tran. I Often speak with a member of his team. Once I had an appointment booked with him, but I ended up seeing his NP. That’s fine, but would have been nice to tell me
I had 3 medicated IUI cycles with clomid. None led to a pregnancy. IVF cycle was cancelled due to COVID
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
It’s very hard to get in touch with Dr. Tran. His care team is very responsive to email.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I’ve had some scheduling issues (needing time change appointments after they were scheduled, having a different provider than scheduled with). I think Dr. Tran can deliver the results. I feel like one of many patients. I sometimes feel like I really have to advocate for myself and ask the care team a lot of questions. I was given an IVF protocol, but no information on why that protocol was selected. I sometimes feel bad asking so many questions. It would be nice to be given more information up front. The responsiveness around treatment during COVID has been excellent.

2019, Consult
[Dr. Tran] cracked some jokes and make me feel at ease. I thought my case would be difficult but he reassured me that It wasn’t going to be as complicated as I thought. I did appreciate that he had found my uterine septum...I loved that he did the ultrasound himself and gave me time to ask any questions I had. He also seemed extremely confident...he did suggest mini IVF with (if possible) a transfer of 2 embryos with a 3 day fresh
[Spring Fertility] Strengths; extremely clean, nice decor, drinks and snacks were on point too. Weaknesses; the outside of the building looks a bit old and the back of the building had a lot of trash bins. Parking was kind of limited and spaces were too compact...Cost is about $9500 not including meds...greeted by every staff member including the receptionist. Was offered complimentary drinks and snacks and never once felt rushed
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr Tran cracked some jokes and make me feel at ease. I thought my case would be difficult but he reassured me that It wasn’t going to be as complicated as I thought. I did appreciate that he had found my uterine septum which Kaiser had missed. I loved that he did the ultrasound himself and gave me time to ask any questions I had. He also seemed extremely confident.
Write down your questions and be ready to ask them all.
I was greeted by every staff member including the receptionist. Was offered complimentary drinks and snacks and never once felt rushed. Dr Tran even cracked some jokes with me and listened to my whole story without interruption.
I haven’t gone into an actual cycle yet but he did suggest mini IVF with (if possible) a transfer of 2 embryos with a 3 day fresh.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jillian)
I’ve only communicated with her thru email but so far so good. He responses are always clear and she answers every question I have for her.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Cost is about $9500 not including meds.
I liked that he’s willing to transfer 2 at the same time. Makes me excited for twins!

2013 - 2019, Successful
Dr Tran is amazing. My husband and I have been seeing him for almost 7 years and we know each other as well as one can know their doctor. He takes the time to explain very clearly what is going on and always tempers our expectations. He is just clear and concise and we really appreciate that...is no nonsense. If you require hand holding and “feel good” fluff; he is likely not for you. But if you value accurate feedback and someone that really knows his stuff - I absolutely couldn’t recommend a better physician.
Spring Fertility is a beautiful space. Easy to get to and very peaceful to be in. I love how the main facility has everything there and there is no need for me to travel to different offices. They offer refreshments and snacks in the lobby with plenty of room to get comfortable...My nurses and coordinator were all amazing. Compassionate and very quick to get back to me when I had questions...Dr Tran is no nonsense. If you require hand holding and “feel good” fluff; he is likely not for you. But if you value accurate feedback and someone that really knows his stuff - I absolutely couldn’t recommend a better physician.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
when Dr Tran was at UCSF, he went out of his way to be the physician that handled my surgery, retrieval’s and transfers. Being at a teaching hospital, it is nearly impossible to expect your physician to do the actual procedures. But he’d rearrange his schedule and make sure he was there for all the major things that had to get done.

2020, 17 Eggs Frozen
We used a Luteal protocol [with Dr. Kaltsky] - a great way to follow my natural cycle...really cares about his patients and is super knowledgable in his field. He's driven and thoughtful...is at the top of my list in terms of favorite doctors...And, he's a great human being! He was very compassionate in understanding my reasons for being there. And, he has a vision for how the future of fertility might look. Definitely a leader in his field...He knows his stuff! Come in with questions and be ready to learn.
[The nurses at Spring Fertility are] Very easy to communicate with over email. I really appreciated how the whole clinic has organized extensive notes on medication for patients...Beautiful, new, clean and forward-thinking! I love going into Spring's clinic. Much nicer than most doctor's offices. And, they always have a snack which is so nice. I find myself more often than not arriving starving in between meetings and life responsibilities. They think of every detail!...We used a Luteal protocol - a great way to follow my natural cycle.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky is at the top of my list in terms of favorite doctors. I think he's one of the very best in his field. And, he's a great human being! He was very compassionate in understanding my reasons for being there. And, he has a vision for how the future of fertility might look. Definitely a leader in his field.
He knows his stuff! Come in with questions and be ready to learn.
Dr. Klatsky really cares about his patients and is super knowledgable in his field. He's driven and thoughtful.
We used a Luteal protocol - a great way to follow my natural cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey )
10K - 12K