Danville
Mountain View (closed)
2490 Hospital Dr
Mountain View, CA 94040

2020, 17 Eggs Frozen
We used a Luteal protocol [with Dr. Kaltsky] - a great way to follow my natural cycle...really cares about his patients and is super knowledgable in his field. He's driven and thoughtful...is at the top of my list in terms of favorite doctors...And, he's a great human being! He was very compassionate in understanding my reasons for being there. And, he has a vision for how the future of fertility might look. Definitely a leader in his field...He knows his stuff! Come in with questions and be ready to learn.
[The nurses at Spring Fertility are] Very easy to communicate with over email. I really appreciated how the whole clinic has organized extensive notes on medication for patients...Beautiful, new, clean and forward-thinking! I love going into Spring's clinic. Much nicer than most doctor's offices. And, they always have a snack which is so nice. I find myself more often than not arriving starving in between meetings and life responsibilities. They think of every detail!...We used a Luteal protocol - a great way to follow my natural cycle.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky is at the top of my list in terms of favorite doctors. I think he's one of the very best in his field. And, he's a great human being! He was very compassionate in understanding my reasons for being there. And, he has a vision for how the future of fertility might look. Definitely a leader in his field.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
He knows his stuff! Come in with questions and be ready to learn.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky really cares about his patients and is super knowledgable in his field. He's driven and thoughtful.
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
We used a Luteal protocol - a great way to follow my natural cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey )
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility.
10K - 12K
Describe Peter Klatsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
San Francisco
Dr. Klatsky was honest and compassionate. He initially suggested that I shouldn't move forward with egg freezing because I wasn't a good candidate and he didn't want me to waste my time and resources...to test my egg quality, I choose a sperm donor and had success freezing embryos. The first round of embryo freezing produced no embryos but the second time, Dr. Klatsky adjusted the treatment and I was able to freeze 5 embryos.
Spring Fertility was just getting established when I started my egg and embryo freezing treatment with them in 2016. In the beginning they were personable, accessible, easy to book appointments and consistent with the assigned nurses. Over the course of a year as Spring's profile and patient list grew it became it lost the flexibility to accommodate schedules, assign the same nurses, and have that extra personal touch, but nonetheless the experience and success of my treatments remained the same.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky was honest and compassionate. He initially suggested that I shouldn't move forward with egg freezing because I wasn't a good candidate and he didn't want me to waste my time and resources. I decided to proceed anyway and Dr. Klatsky set expectations that my egg count would be low while also allaying fears that it didn't mean I couldn't get pregnant naturally or that my egg quality was poor. In fact, to test my egg quality, I choose a sperm donor and had success freezing embryos. The first round of embryo freezing produced no embryos but the second time, Dr. Klatsky adjusted the treatment and I was able to freeze 5 embryos.
San Francisco

Dr. Tran is fantastic. Note, he speaks in stats which can be a little daunting however I appreciate the candor and the fact he level set what everything would look like! Moreover, his team is fantastic!..Got off BC for 3 months to “reset” hormones and to see if I would have more follicles. Genetic testing (Jewish) Sperm testing for my husband...Genetic testing on embryos
Spring [Fertility clinic] adds in tons of personal touches that make you feel so great to be there! They have great snacks, coffee, sparkling water... you don't think this would make a difference, but it makes it such a calming environment that you get "excited" to go to your appointment...17K which included: monitoring appointments, medicine, egg retrieval, embroy development + testing, genetic testing, & freezing.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Nam Tran used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Got off BC for 3 months to “reset” hormones and to see if I would have more follicles. Genetic testing (Jewish) Sperm testing for my husband Genetic testing for my husband Meds: Gonal f 150 12 days... then down to 100 For 2 days Menopur 14 days Drug to stop ovulation 5 days Trigger shot Egg retrival Genetic testing on embryos
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring adds in tons of personal touches that make you feel so great to be there! They have great snacks, coffee, sparkling water... you don't think this would make a difference, but it makes it such a calming environment that you get "excited" to go to your appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at Spring Fertility.
2021, Successful
Dr. Pasternak was always so warm and made me feel comfortable and not alone through having a lot of anxiety and worries about whether the transfer was going to stick or not...She was compassionate, communicative, warm, and honestly just incredible all around...I had massive anxiety about whether or not the transfer worked in my first ultrasound post-transfer and she responded so compassionately with medical intel to back it up, giving me the confidence I needed...
I LOVED my care team [at Spring Fertility]! Rayney and the team were so involved through the whole process and their communication was excellent. I felt very taken care of and very much like they were “in my corner”...Spring is a very comfortable environment without feeling like a sterile clinic. Everything is very clean and updated. I also was shocked at how on time they were for every appointment which is not something I’ve experienced with other doctors offices!...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
I couldn’t have loved and appreciated my experience with Dr. Pasternak more. She was compassionate, communicative, warm, and honestly just incredible all around. I felt very taken care of and would follow her absolutely anywhere for our next IVF transfer. I could not recommend her more highly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Be as honest as you can with her because if you are open about your concerns and worries, i guarantee she will help you through it. I had massive anxiety about whether or not the transfer worked in my first ultrasound post-transfer and she responded so compassionately with medical intel to back it up, giving me the confidence I needed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak was always so warm and made me feel comfortable and not alone through having a lot of anxiety and worries about whether the transfer was going to stick or not. I honestly wish I could have stayed with her through my entire pregnancy - her energy was exactly what I needed and I couldn’t feel luckier to have been matched with her for my IVF treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rayney Dodge)
I LOVED my care team! Rayney and the team were so involved through the whole process and their communication was excellent. I felt very taken care of and very much like they were “in my corner”.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility.
We went through insurance so it was largely paid for.
San Francisco

I was able to have a successful first retrieval [with Dr. Pasternak]. I did another one straight away as we had a small number of embryos and doing the second retrieval allowed me to bypass the month of hormones. In the end we got 5, day 5 embryos...always took time to help answer all my questions in an easy to understand way. I never felt silly or rushed for my questions and I felt like she really understood both my husband and I...She was very down to earth, though clearly competent. She was always very straight forward with us while interjecting helpful bits of information along the way. She took the time to learn our stories and about us and I always felt like she is a friend, which made the whole process so much easier.
I love that it [Spring Fertility] is a one-stop shop place. Blood draws, scans, transfers, retrivals, etc are all done there. Another strength is that all of the doctors and team are excellent. I had met a few for various scans and they were all warm, knowledgeable and highly competent...I mainly worked with Markie [nurse] and she was excellent. Always very quick to respond or tell me what she was waiting for...I appreciated Spring's single embryo approach as I felt confident with their testing and rational. I am happy this is what we ended up doing and now have one healthy girl!
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
After my first call with Dr. Pasternak I knew she was the doctor for us. She was very down to earth, though clearly competent. She was always very straight forward with us while interjecting helpful bits of information along the way. She took the time to learn our stories and about us and I always felt like she is a friend, which made the whole process so much easier.
Be clear about what outcomes you want including testing and what to do with leftover eggs / embryos as there are so many decisions.
Dr. Pasternak always took time to help answer all my questions in an easy to understand way. I never felt silly or rushed for my questions and I felt like she really understood both my husband and I.
Describe the protocols Monica Pasternak used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I was on a month of injectable hormones before I did the first egg retrieval round as I was not cycling, depsit having a healthy uterus and a good number of eggs. It worked and I was able to have a successful first retrieval. I did another one straight away as we had a small number of embryos and doing the second retrieval allowed me to bypass the month of hormones. In the end we got 5, day 5 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Markie )
I mainly worked with Markie and she was excellent. Always very quick to respond or tell me what she was waiting for.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Weakness: I wish the clinic had free parking as in the end I was driving in. Strengths: I love that it is a one-stop shop place. Blood draws, scans, transfers, retrivals, etc are all done there. Another strength is that all of the doctors and team are excellent. I had met a few for various scans and they were all warm, knowledgeable and highly competent.
Do not remember as it was via my insurance
Describe Monica Pasternak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
San Francisco

Dr. Tran really understands his work. He personalized your care to your specific situation. He does not use a cookie cutter protocol. He is quick but thorough. He sometimes explains things too quickly. And I would ask him to clarify and he would...We used a mini stimulation protocol. The goal was to collect as many eggs to inseminate over a period of 3 months of back to back treatments. Dr Tran wanted a more natural approach so we did not use any steroids such as Omnitrope
[the Spring Fertility nurses] were always friendly and professional. They ran their appointments on time and got you in and out quickly. They followed up via email and phone all the time...They are willing to try new and experimental procedures. They have many very well seasoned doctors. They take the time to explain all the procedures and make you feel comfortable
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask about new and emerging treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
the entire staff of Spring was respectful, courteous and gave you time to explain what was going on. Even though I know Dr. Tran is very busy, he always took the time to describe what was going on with my treatment. Spring went the extra mile with customer service. They sent me flowers after my embryo transfer and once my son was born they sent a onesie and a personalized card.
We used a mini stimulation protocol. The goal was to collect as many eggs to inseminate over a period of 3 months of back to back treatments. Dr Tran wanted a more natural approach so we did not use any steroids such as Omnitrope. I started off on birth control then with Clomid. Then we would layer on Gonal-F and Menopur with a Cetrotide Antagonist. Gonal-F at 150IU and Menopur at 75IU. We used ICSI to inseminate the eggs. We then froze the embryos on Day 3 instead of Day 5. The reason for this was that sometimes embryos are more successful inside the womb than in a lab. We then transferred 5 embryos which resulted in a pregnancy and a live birth of one healthy male child.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
they were always friendly and professional. They ran their appointments on time and got you in and out quickly. They followed up via email and phone all the time.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
They are willing to try new and experimental procedures. They have many very well seasoned doctors. They take the time to explain all the procedures and make you feel comfortable. They are very busy but you still get to see your primary doctor most of the time. Their facilities are clean and well equipped. I love all the plants in the office.
San Francisco

Dr. Tran doesn't ooze charisma, but we found him warm, friendly, funny and (most importantly) very knowledgable and professional...Dr Tran's approach seemed to be one of "set modest expectations and seek to exceed them."...Be prepared that he isn't going to necessarily "tell you what to do" in terms of treatment, but rather will provide you with information, odds of success, etc and then have a discussion with you weighing the costs and benefits of each. This was comforting to us but i could see how some people might want to just be told what to do.
Spring had phenomenal customer service. It had little things like a peaceful waiting room and good snacks. And it had more substantial things like very friendly and professional staff from the front desk through to medical assistants and nurses. It is clearly they take training very seriously. The portal you have to use for your treatment information is a bit clunky but I think that isn't that important. I got used to the interface.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr Tran's approach seemed to be one of "set modest expectations and seek to exceed them." I had one son and then 4 miscarriages before the reproductive endocrinologist at Kaiser suggested IVF, and listed Spring as one of his three suggested clinics. I was not disappointed. Dr. Tran walked us through he different approaches we could take and we agreed that IVF seemed like the best route (i had no trouble getting pregnant, it just seemed like the eggs weren't of good quality). He told us based on my age and experience I'd likely get 0-1 "good" Day 5 embryos for a cycle. So we went in prepared to need a few cycles to get the embryos we'd want for transfer.We were thrilled that we ended up with 6 (!!) good Day 5 embryos. We would've much rather he. underpromise and overdeliver than the other way around. Dr. Tran doesn't ooze charisma, but we found him warm, friendly, funny and (most importantly) very knowledgable and professional.
With the exception of the initial, hour-long appointment, our appointments were never long with Dr Tran. Nevertheless, I always felt like he recognized me immediately and was familiar with my history. He clearly either has a phenomenal memory or reads his notes/my file before entering the room (or both). Even though most of our interactions were short I always got my questions answered.
I used Letrozole and Ovidrel and then Medrol right before transfer. Ended up with 17 eggs retrieved, 16 of which were fully developed. 15 were successfully fertilized. 13 made it to day 3. 8 made it to day 5, And then 6 "passed" PGS testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette)
only good thongs to say! Responsive, helpful, empathetic. kind!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Medicine was around $5000 Genetic screening/testing around $1000 and clinic fees around $18000
Describe Nam Tran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Because of my successful pregancy in the past and easy abiliyt to get pregnant, and quality of embryos, we went with eSET. We were very happy with that. We did NOT want twins if it could be avoided.

2018 - 2019, 48 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Klatsky always took whatever time I needed to reassure me and make sure I had all the information needed to make an informed decision. He was comforting, understanding, and professional. He performed 2 out of my 3 egg retrieval procedures, and the only reason he didn't perform the other was because he was out on paternity leave!...He made me feel very at ease through every process and procedure and I had great results from every retrieval. The nurses and coordinators were also extremely helpful and organized and made me feel like I was in great hands. Everyone listened intently to my concerns and addressed them with care.
The nurses and coordinators [at Spring Fertility] were extremely kind, helpful, and organized and made me feel like I was in great hands...The only area of improvement I want to call out is the communication between the clinic and the company that was providing the egg freezing benefits through my employer. Every time I went through an egg freezing procedure it felt like a lot of back and forth as I tried to explain what was covered by my insurance. I think this was mainly an issue on the part of my insurance provider, but it still would have been nice to see cleaner lines of communication. (Q121) which of the following did your treatment with the  include?
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatzky was kind, understanding, reasonable, and professional. He made me feel very at ease through every process and procedure and I had great results from every retrieval. The nurses and coordinators were also extremely helpful and organized and made me feel like I was in great hands. Everyone listened intently to my concerns and addressed them with care.
I did injections with Gonal-F, menopur, and a few others I can't remember. I never had any negative reactions to the drugs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nina, and others)
The nurses and coordinators were extremely kind, helpful, and organized and made me feel like I was in great hands.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Organized, professional, clean, nice refreshments (important when having blood drawn), usually speedy. Weaknesses: The only area of improvement I want to call out is the communication between the clinic and the company that was providing the egg freezing benefits through my employer. Every time I went through an egg freezing procedure it felt like a lot of back and forth as I tried to explain what was covered by my insurance. I think this was mainly an issue on the part of my insurance provider, but it still would have been nice to see cleaner lines of communication.
~$15K per egg retrieval procedure, but all but some $20 copays were covered by my employer/insurance.

2019, 19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Nam Tran felt very professional and trustworthy, I felt comfortable going over facts and getting straight answers from him. I felt comfortable with him during the egg retrieval surgery, and afterwards, and things went as expected during my egg retrieval. ... my nurse [Spring Fertility] and Dr. didn't communicate with me about their recommendation that I discontinue birth control several months previous to egg retrieval. I had checked in a previous communication whether I should discontinue, but was reassured it would be alright. When I checked back in a few months later when the procedure would fit with my schedule, they told me to wait several months to get off of birth control before they would recommend me to begin treatments
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is clean, comfortable, and professional, each interaction I had went well and felt good. It would have been nice to know how many doctors/nurses I would interact with throughout the process, before we started off it felt a bit like a whirlwind of people and processes. ... Each nurse, care coordinator and staff member was quite good at their part of the process. It's just that there were so many of them, and different ones at different points along the process! This put me on edge because I felt like information could easily be forgotten along the way, and not passed down to the next person.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I don't think I have anything that would be particularly useful I'm afraid! I was quite satisfied with Dr. Nam Tran
Whether I felt like a number or human was different at different points in my treatment. I rarely had the same doctor at my monitoring appointments for example, and it was difficult to know whether these doctors and nurses were speaking to one another behind the scenes. I thought each doctor individually had great bedside manner, but the communications felt quite disjointed, which made me feel a bit like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is clean, comfortable, and professional, each interaction I had went well and felt good. It would have been nice to know how many doctors/nurses I would interact with throughout the process, before we started off it felt a bit like a whirlwind of people and processes.
$8500 for egg retrieval
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
my nurse and Dr. didn't communicate with me about their recommendation that I discontinue birth control several months previous to egg retrieval. I had checked in a previous communication whether I should discontinue, but was reassured it would be alright. When I checked back in a few months later when the procedure would fit with my schedule, they told me to wait several months to get off of birth control before they would recommend me to begin treatments
San Francisco

We had a great experience with Dr. Minajarez. She is a take charge type of doctor that exhumes confidence. She was realistic with what our outcomes could be which made each round of egg retrieval more realistic. ... We had an unexpected complication and the doctor took the time with us to weigh our options. ... We used mini-stim for three cycles.
The strengths [of Spring Feritlity] are that it is inviting, does not feel like a cold doctors office, and they individualize everyones care. They are open early and are flexible, allowing you to go to different clinics if the date and time of your clinic does not work. However, all procedures are done in the San Francisco office, which can be a bit difficult to get to during commute times. ... My care team was very responsive.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Since Spring has three facilities your doctor may not be the one to do the procedures. They are up front with this.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
All medical assistants, nurses, and doctor tried to use my preferred name and seemed genuinely excited during our procedures. We had an unexpected complication and the doctor took the time with us to weigh our options. They put my health above my desire to continue treatment.
Describe the protocols Debra Minjarez used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
We used mini-stim for three cycles. The first cycle we used clomid along with injectable medication. After the first cycle, I had a health complication that we originally thought was from the medications. It turned out to be a chronic issue, but we changed the Clomid to Letrozole for the last two cycles and retrieved more viable embryos. We genetically tested the embryos retrieved which allowed us to know the actual amount of normal embryos we have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Marina Lecoeuche)
My care team was very responsive. Any question I had was promptly answered with a pleasant response. They were more than willing to send different pharmacies my medications to help with costs.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The strengths are that it is inviting, does not feel like a cold doctors office, and they individualize everyones care. They are open early and are flexible, allowing you to go to different clinics if the date and time of your clinic does not work. However, all procedures are done in the San Francisco office, which can be a bit difficult to get to during commute times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility.
Each round was a little less than $15,000 including medication.
Debra Minjarez
San Francisco

[Spring Fertility-SF's] Strengths—doctors—you see your primary doctor most of the time for all appts (and they rotate on weekends)—all of the doctors are caring and talented. The front desk staff is well organized and helpful. All of the nurses are very knowledgeable and prompt with responses. Okay The medical assistants vary in their abilities and some struggle with blood draws which can be frustrating. Weaknesses The finance team is a nightmare to work with if you are using insurance.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
We were a challenging case and Dr Klatsy did not back down from the challenge and entered each phase of treatment with a positive outlook. He was very willing to change the approach based on current information and either move forward or pause to ensure we got the best outcome. He’s also one of the nicest most caring doctors i’ve seen. He’s realatable and goes out of his way to help coordinate care with other physicians as needed. My only critique would be for him to slow down a bit when he’s explaining things and allow more time for questions—we had already been through IVF once before working with him but he thinks so fast so you need to be ready ahead of time with your questions. Luckily his nurses are amazing and can help get answers after the appointment.
Do your homework ahead of time but be open to his tailored IVF protocols—he knows his stuff and you get great results even if the approach is different from the larger clinics.
Dr Klatsy is committed to his patients, empathetic to the challenges of IVF and has a great balance of positivity and reality when discussing treatment options and results.
Mid-luteal start protocol—3 and then 4 pgs normal embryos
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel)
Laurel is a rock star—well organized, prompt and amazing at concisely answering your all of your questions and following up with the doctor as needed.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths—doctors—you see your primary doctor most of the time for all appts (and they rotate on weekends)—all of the doctors are caring and talented. The front desk staff is well organized and helpful. All of the nurses are very knowledgeable and prompt with responses. Okay The medical assistants vary in their abilities and some struggle with blood draws which can be frustrating. Weaknesses The finance team is a nightmare to work with if you are using insurance. Slow to respond if they respond at all and they struggle to effectively work with insurance companies on claims. I’ve learned a ton about medical billing during the process because of the errors and lack of proper communication with our insurance company. Be sure to understand the entire cost of treatment and check your bills and claims frequently.
Out of pocket costs were a bit more expensive than larger Bay Area clinics but they take insurance (big positive!) and you get more time with the doctor than in the larger clinics. They offer good deals for medication packages and genetic testing. Insurance costs have not been clearly described and it is extremely challenging to get clear answers (or any answers) from the spring fertility finance team.
Since we had pgs tested our embryos, he recommended single embryo transfer which was our choice too.
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
One time there was an issue with their message system and we did not get an update that the doctor wanted to see us earlier than our scheduled appointment. We worked through everything and got an appointment the next day and they fixed their message system. We been told conflicting financial information a few times.
San Francisco

Dr. Klatsky is a great doctor warms-up as time goes on. I appreciate his time to give thoughtful responses and honesty.to questions. I felt comfortable with him at all our ultrasounds ... Don't expect him to sugarcoat his opinions or a diagnosis - he'll give it to you straight. ... He tends to have a more conservative approach and protocol - make sure to ask about procedures, meds, etc. to get his full opinion.
Spring [Fertility] is a clean, modern, well-run clinic with a very competent team. ... We've had a few mishaps with the nursing staff communicating timely lab results and pharmacy refills - make sure to stay organized and on top of your own medications. Blood-draws are always quick. The waiting room is always stocked with snacks and beverages, and has a modern, calming atmosphere.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky is a smart doctor, with a mellow, easy-going demeanor. He doesn't rush appointments and gives thoughtful answers to questions. Don't expect him to sugarcoat his opinions or a diagnosis - he'll give it to you straight. Overall I feel like I am in great care with Dr. Klatsky - he's competent and kind.
Be prepared with your questions in advance to appointments so you can use the short time you'll have with Dr. Klatsky to its fullest. He tends to have a more conservative approach and protocol - make sure to ask about procedures, meds, etc. to get his full opinion.
Dr. Klatsky is a great doctor warms-up as time goes on. I appreciate his time to give thoughtful responses and honesty.to questions. I felt comfortable with him at all our ultrasounds - he even had me smiling and laughing a few times when I felt rock bottom.
Dr. Klatsky recommended a mid-leutal STIMS start for us (due to lower AMH) to produce the most follicles possible during our cycle. He prefers using more "gentle" treatment and lower dosages of medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel (Nurse), Kelsey (Patient Coord.))
We met with our care coordinator once - she was compassionate and answered questions well. After the initial meeting, we never saw her at appointments and only communicated via email. The nurse assigned to us was never at appointments, and only communicated via email. She was responsive and had a back-up nurse assigned if she was out of office. The care coordinator and nursing staff is only available 9-5pm Mon-Fri - which sometimes made it difficult to get answers questions quickly if needed.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring is a clean, modern, well-run clinic with a very competent team. Because it is so popular, it can get busy and feel like an IVF conveyor-belt, but the level of care is excellent! We've had a few mishaps with the nursing staff communicating timely lab results and pharmacy refills - make sure to stay organized and on top of your own medications. Blood-draws are always quick. The waiting room is always stocked with snacks and beverages, and has a modern, calming atmosphere. The doctors are usually prompt and provide top-notch care. Overall - highly recommend so far.
San Francisco
Dr Tran is not a touchy feely doctor. He is direct and to the point.This echos the kind of person I am...We wanted to try iui but soon found one of my tubes was blocked and scraped the idea. We went all in on the Ivf and I have a handsome 10 month old. We got two genetically perfect embryos from our single Ivf attempt...
From beginning to end 25-30k including all medication appointments, procedures...The nursing staff at Spring was exceptional. Any of my manic calls were answered...They were on point for all visits, I couldn’t complain - I even liked the office it was walking distance from my apartment in San Francisco and had a calming interior design. Ivf is very very intimidating and my process went smoothly.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
It was terrifying to find out my Amh was .46 at onset of this process. I was 36 and foolishly thought I had more time. When we went to Dr Tran he gave us the realistic and sobering news of our fertility. He drew us an inverted triangle showing us how many eggs he expected 3-4- to possible 0-1 embryo for pregnancy with Ivf. We wanted to try iui but soon found one of my tubes was blocked and scraped the idea. We went all in on the Ivf and I have a handsome 10 month old. We got two genetically perfect embryos from our single Ivf attempt. One is still frozen.
He’s a genius overlook the less than stellar warm and fuzzy visits. All I cared about was results-and he was the man for us.
Dr Tran is not a touchy feely doctor. He is direct and to the point. This echos the kind of person I am. I want the news straight. I just had a feeling he was a winner, and he was. My friend had tried with “nice” positive drs at other facility with no success. I was paying out of pocket so had mainly one shot.
We started with one iui - but found out I had tubal problems. We switched to full Ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ursula, and all the others )
The nursing staff at Spring was exceptional. Any of my manic calls were answered. The worst part was organization of the medication and stress of having the right ones during the right time. That was stressful, I worried one slip up/not having correct dose available would negate the entire expensive process.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
From beginning to end 25-30k including all medication appointments, procedures.
One genetically perfect embryo was the right approach for me and my body.
2021, Successful
Dr. Pasternak took the time to answer all my questions...In the first cycle of embryo freezing, Dr. Pasternak noticed that my body was not reacting that strongly to the hormone medication. When we went for my second round, she added a growth hormone- which gave much better results... She was very friendly and relatable. She never pushed us into making any decisions- but instead walked us through the pros and cons...
The clinic [Spring Fertility] itself is aesthetically pleasing. The rooms, reception, etc were all great. They recently upgraded the robes worn during procedures- it was a great added comfort. The one thing I think they really need to work on is doing more hand holding. There are a lot of steps in this process and remembering them all gets confusing-- I wish the team/clinic had protocol for more detailed instructions, reminders etc....
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak took the time to answer all my questions. Especially during our first round of embryo freezing- when my husband had so so many questions! She was very friendly and relatable. She never pushed us into making any decisions- but instead walked us through the pros and cons.
Nothing really. all together we had a good experience.
I thought Dr. Pasternak and all her staff were very kind, friendly and personable. Always made me feel at ease.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Raney)
All in all, such friendly, kind, approachable staff. They were prompt in responding to emails and calls. I never had to wait too long. They always had positive attitudes and also very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic itself is aesthetically pleasing. The rooms, reception, etc were all great. They recently upgraded the robes worn during procedures- it was a great added comfort. The one thing I think they really need to work on is doing more hand holding. There are a lot of steps in this process and remembering them all gets confusing-- I wish the team/clinic had protocol for more detailed instructions, reminders etc
A lot of it was covered by insurance, so I am not sure. We paid a total out of pocket max of $5000
San Francisco
Dr. Pasternak always made an effort to connect with me on a personal level and remembered the small, but important, details of our conversations and my history...consistently checked in with us throughout the process of egg retrieval, embryo freezing and transfer and always sought out our opinion and adjusted our protocols as needed to ensure our confidence and optimize for success...
[Spring Fertility] Large MD group with variety of excellent Reproductive Endocrinologists -Expertise and experience of embryologists -Compassionate and talented nurses and staff -Multiple locations for convenience for lab draws, ultrasounds etc...Very busy clinic with fast turnaround for visits, lab draws etc...Though Spring Fertility is a busy clinic, Dr. Pasternak always made an effort to connect with me on a personal level and remembered the small, but important, details of our conversations and my history...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
We have had only a positive experience partnering with Dr. Pasternak during our IVF process. My partner and I pursued IVF after discovering we were both genetic carriers for a hereditary disease and we always felt well-informed and supported and by Dr. Pasternak. Dr. Pasternak offers a balance of warm beside manner and straight forward and honesty delivery of information. She is incredibly easy to talk to and we felt like she was 100% on our team. Dr. Pasternak consistently checked in with us throughout the process of egg retrieval, embryo freezing and transfer and always sought out our opinion and adjusted our protocols as needed to ensure our confidence and optimize for success. We are incredibly grateful to be near term with a pregnancy and will be working with Dr. Pasternak again in the future.
Though Spring Fertility is a busy clinic, Dr. Pasternak always made an effort to connect with me on a personal level and remembered the small, but important, details of our conversations and my history. As a healthcare provider myself, she always tailored our discussions to my understanding and provided a thorough explanation of the IVF process.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths -Large MD group with variety of excellent Reproductive Endocrinologists -Expertise and experience of embryologists -Compassionate and talented nurses and staff -Multiple locations for convenience for lab draws, ultrasounds etc. Weaknesses -Very busy clinic with fast turnaround for visits, lab draws etc. -Private clinic / $

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Pasternak] was friendly and considerate that it was an uncomfortable procedure but she did her best to make me fee comfortable. She remembered my from 2 years ago and asked about my child. I had my treatment and monitoring in oakland with dr. Fisher (who is also great) and I had my transfer in SF with Dr. P. I requested her for a familiar face and she delivered. Happy to see her and that she is still with the clinic. Feels good to have a familiar face and a friendly one too...
I absolutely loved my two experiences with this clinic [Spring Fertility] and highly recommend them. I’ve worked with Dr Fisher, Dr Pasternak, and dr Klatsky. All are excellent. The nursing and coordinator walk you through every step of the way and you feel supported all along. They even do trainings on how to take the injections...There are many steps and I never felt overwhelmed because they walked me through step by step...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
She was friendly and considerate that it was an uncomfortable procedure but she did her best to make me fee comfortable. She remembered my from 2 years ago and asked about my child. I had my treatment and monitoring in oakland with dr. Fisher (who is also great) and I had my transfer in SF with Dr. P. I requested her for a familiar face and she delivered. Happy to see her and that she is still with the clinic. Feels good to have a familiar face and a friendly one too.
Give her a shot. She is friendly and knowledgeable
She remembered me from 2 years ago
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mel)
Everyone treated me wonderfully. With care and compassion. Always with a smile and happy to answer all questions. There are many steps and I never felt overwhelmed because they walked me through step by step
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I absolutely loved my two experiences with this clinic and highly recommend them. I’ve worked with Dr Fisher, Dr Pasternak, and dr Klatsky. All are excellent. The nursing and coordinator walk you through every step of the way and you feel supported all along. They even do trainings on how to take the injections.
I used Cigna insurance. I think that’s the only insurance they take
San Francisco

With Dr. Tran, we tried 4 cycles of Clomid with no success then 1 cycle of Letrozole which led to no pregnancy. ... Dr. Tran was very knowledgeable of the treatments and explained everything that we can anticipate with each treatment. ... My husband and I, who are relatively new to any fertility treatments, were skeptical of what can be done for us. Dr. Tran made us feel comfortable and explained options we could pursue.
Clinic [Spring Fertility] was very beautiful; modern and made me feel as if I was in a spa. ... The staff were friendly and always smiling. ... There was snacks and beverages for patients in the waiting area. ... Customer service was definitely above par. ... With Dr. Tran, we tried 4 cycles of Clomid with no success then 1 cycle of Letrozole which led to no pregnancy.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran was very knowledgeable of the treatments and explained everything that we can anticipate with each treatment. He explained them so my husband was able to understand. We always left the office visit feeling hopeful and comfortable to Dr. Tran's expertise and guidance.
Ask questions, express your concern, and be hopeful.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Clinic was very beautiful; modern and made me feel as if I was in a spa. There was snacks and beverages for patients in the waiting area. The staff were friendly and always smiling. Customer service was definitely above par.
We mainly paid copayment for each visit, I believe was $65 per visit. Then paid the copayment for each prescription and ultrasound.

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Pasternak] is very balanced and professional, yet approachable — in particular, she proactively goes above and beyond to tactically explain your full fertility planning step-by-step to ensure all parties are coordinated — starting with me as the patient, to my partner, nurses, and additional physicians in the clinic. I felt that Dr. Pasternak was truly my advocate...
The clinic [Spring Fertility] was conveniently located in the center of San Francisco. I appreciated that the clinic was always kept clean and the team was regularly sanitizing. The daily appointments were also timely and well-run...The nursing team was fantastic; a very well trained and coordinated group...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Working with Dr. Monica Pasternak was an exceptional experience. She is incredibly knowledgeable within the field of fertility, and takes great pride in her work and patients’ success. She is very balanced and professional, yet approachable — in particular, she proactively goes above and beyond to tactically explain your full fertility planning step-by-step to ensure all parties are coordinated — starting with me as the patient, to my partner, nurses, and additional physicians in the clinic. I felt that Dr. Pasternak was truly my advocate.
Feel free to openly discuss your goals and concerns at the outset to allow for healthy dialogue and planning, which will be well received.
Round 1 = Embryo & storage Round 2 = Egg retrieval & storage
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Markie Coyne)
The nursing team was fantastic; a very well trained and coordinated group!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic was conveniently located in the center of San Francisco. I appreciated that the clinic was always kept clean and the team was regularly sanitizing. The daily appointments were also timely and well-run.

2021, 14 Eggs Frozen
I had an excellent experience with Spring Fertility, all thanks to Dr. Zore and her care team...I so appreciated how much they respected my time and ensured I always had the information and resources I needed. The process was easier than I expected and painless, but I appreciated being prepared for all the possible variations (since everyone responds differently). I cannot say enough about the professionalism and care.
I had an excellent experience with Spring Fertility, all thanks to Dr. Zore and her care team. They were friendly, informative, kind, patient, and punctual. I so appreciated how much they respected my time and ensured I always had the information and resources I needed...I recommend using public transit if visiting the SOMA location. It is much easier than parking...
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility?
I had an excellent experience with Spring Fertility, all thanks to Dr. Zore and her care team. They were friendly, informative, kind, patient, and punctual. I so appreciated how much they respected my time and ensured I always had the information and resources I needed. The process was easier than I expected and painless, but I appreciated being prepared for all the possible variations (since everyone responds differently). I cannot say enough about the professionalism and care. Thank you, I will be referring friends!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility?
You are in excellent hands.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility?
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic team was very friendly and welcoming. My appointments were always on time, or early, if I happened to arrive earlier. There are no weaknesses that come to mind. I recommend using public transit if visiting the SOMA location. It is much easier than parking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility.
My insurance covered.

2017 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Tran laid out the plan, adjusted when necessary, and helped us get fantastic results...[we] agreed he would only transfer one embryo...Our treatment strategies were straightforward and tailored to my cycle...The majority of the communication was through office visits, email or phone
[the Spring Fertility nurses were] Consistent and reliable...From what i recall, 2017 egg freezing was about 12k and 2020 IVF cycle was between 28-32k...My initial consults and plan of actions appointments were with Dr. Tran and then when things got underway his team was always responsive. The majority of the communication was through office visits, email or phone.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I first met Dr. Tran in 2016 when I was learning about egg freezing and appreciated his candor and approach immediately. I came back in 2017 to freeze my eggs as insurance for a future family since I was dating but not yet married. Then in late 2019 my partner and I got pregnant naturally but miscarried; "unlucky" seemed to be the official diagnosis from all the doctors I saw. So we started IVF in 2020 out of an abundance of caution and Dr. Tran laid out the plan, adjusted when necessary, and helped us get fantastic results.
Come with your questions, leave on the same page regarding expectations and your plan and then trust him and the process!
Dr. Tran and his team ensured that all my questions were answered. My initial consults and plan of actions appointments were with Dr. Tran and then when things got underway his team was always responsive. The majority of the communication was through office visits, email or phone.
Our treatment strategies were straightforward and tailored to my cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill )
Consistent and reliable
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I'm biased because of my great results, but I think this clinic is one of the top in the country. I've had friends fail in other states and travel here as a last effort only to finally have success conceiving!
Dr. Tran and I agreed he would only transfer one embryo.

2021, Consult
Embryo Freezing
The office is clean, bright, great artwork and calming decor. All staff I encountered were welcoming and professional. I didn’t feel like a number, I felt like people in office remembered me every time....[nurses were] always there to answer questions...Dr. Pasternak’s positive energy and sense of humor made me feel comfortable as soon as I stepped in her office. She thoughtfully listened, asked me the right questions and I left our consult feeling like she fully understood my long term career plans and our family goals.
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak’s positive energy and sense of humor made me feel comfortable as soon as I stepped in her office. She thoughtfully listened, asked me the right questions and I left our consult feeling like she fully understood my long term career plans and our family goals. She offered her knowledgeable advice and guidance as to what would be best for my partner and I, but also reminded me it was our choice how we decided to continue. I felt our treatment plan was personalized for our family goals and I’m confident Dr. Pasternak will help us achieve those in the future.
be honest with yourself and open to knowledgeable advice
personalized treatment plan to meet family planning goals, took the time to understand my career plans as well
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
always there to answer questions
Progyny coverage
San Francisco

Dr. Klatsky is very professional and intelligent. He is very dedicated and hard working doctor. I saw him every other visit and he never seemed in a rush. He explained to me all the steps and kept me well informed about the possible risks. He answered all our questions and listened to our concerns. I highly recommend him for every couple having difficulties conceiving. I think he’s the best fertility doctor I’ve seen.
Spring fertility team are just amazing. They are all supportive, organized and friendly. They treat us as human and patient and not numbers. Whenever we showed up for an appointment, they knew our names from the minute we entered the clinic. They were all very passionate and well trained...Dr. Klatsky is very professional and intelligent. He is very dedicated and hard working doctor. I saw him every other visit and he never seemed in a rush. He explained to me all the steps and kept me well informed about the possible risks.
San Francisco

[Spring Fertility] Great with communication, timely appointments, efficient setup. Excellent lab also. Transferred from another bigger clinic and the difference was night and day. Also, cost was about the same so better service for the same price roughly...[nurses] Really organized, called when they said they would, good communicators....
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility?
Dr Zore took the best care of us, taking time to answer my questions and go in detail about all of our questions. I was impressed with her warm bedside manner, procedural skill and knowledge of the literature. I always felt like I was in the best hands. She changed our protocol and I got higher PGS normal embryos from our embryo banking cycles with her than at a prior clinic (3 and then 8!!!) Having a positive pregnancy test after the first transfer was also a nice surprise. I recommend her highly to anyone.
Dr Zore’s calm demeanor and excellent medical skill/knowledge really helped us - we highly recommend her.
Dr Zore spent all the time necessary to answer my questions and go over treatment details with patience and expertise.
Describe the protocols Temeka Zore used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Used lower doses of medications for longer to aid in egg quality, added growth hormone. We did a modified natural cycle transfer which was also great because I only required 2 weeks of supplemental progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alicia)
Really organized, called when they said they would, good communicators
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
They were flexible with my inflexible work schedule
Comparable to other area clinics
Describe Temeka Zore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
We prioritized my (and babies) safety and transferred only 1 genetically normal embryo.

2019, 16 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Tran is a] Very candid and honest doctor, no fluff. But in an emotional situation that was unexpected, would have appreciated some fluff and guidance on anything at all that I could have done to improve my chances...went through the procedure five times and each time left crying...was hoping for is more hope and someone who would have a little more energy around changing my treatment plan each time.
Really nice looking office [ Spring Fertility]. Friendly front desk staff. Sometimes communication wasn’t clear (as to next steps). Would have liked a bit more clarity and organization, but then it was a fairly new office so it might be better now...Very expensive but my insurance covered it...would have appreciated some fluff and guidance on anything at all that I could have done to improve my chances. I went through the procedure five times and each time left crying
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Very candid and honest doctor, no fluff. But in an emotional situation that was unexpected, would have appreciated some fluff and guidance on anything at all that I could have done to improve my chances. I went through the procedure five times and each time left crying. It’s not their fault, but I guess what I was hoping for is more hope and someone who would have a little more energy around changing my treatment plan each time.
Fiercely advocate for yourself and do your own research!
I’m sure the doctor was great but the whole process was emotionally exhausting and I would have liked a lot more detail and support on what I could do (he just basically said nothing)
I’m not sure; can’t remember the treatment plan but I know I went through it five times, took shots morning and evening.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
Very friendly and communicative
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Really nice looking office. Friendly front desk staff. Sometimes communication wasn’t clear (as to next steps). Would have liked a bit more clarity and organization, but then it was a fairly new office so it might be better now. Not sure what else to mention it to say here.
Very expensive but my insurance covered it

2020, 26 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Zore] was very clear about the treatment process and what to expect, she is a warm and friendly person and always made me feel cared for, and she's extremely knowledgeable and was always happy to answer my questions. I am very happy with the results of my egg freezing process with Dr. Zore... I had appointments almost every other day while I was taking my shots so that Dr. Zore could make adjustments to my dosage. My retrievals yielded 11 eggs the first time and 15 the second for a total of 26 eggs.
Spring really makes you feel like an individual rather than a number. Their facilities are clean and comfortable, and all of the staff I worked with were friendly and communicative. Their portal also has tons of information and made everything feel very accessible, and it was great to have all of my forms, messages, and resources in one place....communicated in a clear and timely manner, and always available to answer my questions
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Zore was lovely to work with and I would recommend her in a heartbeat to anyone. She was very clear about the treatment process and what to expect, she is a warm and friendly person and always made me feel cared for, and she's extremely knowledgeable and was always happy to answer my questions. I am very happy with the results of my egg freezing process with Dr. Zore.
Dr. Zore was warm, communicative, and knowledgeable. Her staff was also wonderful to work with. Everyone was friendly, communicated in a clear and timely manner, and always available to answer my questions.
I did two back to back rounds of egg freezing with Dr. Zore, using FSH (Gonal-F and Menopur) and Cetrotide, and trigger shots Leuprolide and Pregnyl/Novarel at the end of both, with Aygestin in between the two rounds. I had appointments almost every other day while I was taking my shots so that Dr. Zore could make adjustments to my dosage. My retrievals yielded 11 eggs the first time and 15 the second for a total of 26 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alicia Skillicorn)
Alicia was wonderful to work with, friendly, communicative and helpful.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The cost for treatment was $8750 for my first round, and a 10% discount off that amount for my second round. There is an interest-free payment plan of $244 x 36 months that you can use for one round (you do need to pay your first round in full in order to do the second round, but I was able to pay the discounted rate in full and then do the payment plan for the full amount when I decided to do a second round). I did a medication package with Spring for my prescriptions at Alto Pharmacy and that was $4100 for the first round and $4400 for the second.