905 San Ramon Valley Blvd
Mountain View (closed)
2490 Hospital Dr
Mountain View, CA 94040

2021, Successful
The care team at Spring Danville was wonderful to work with. Very professional, organized, knowledgeable and friendly...billing is straightforward, their patient portal where we get all communications and updates about our treatment is quite helpful and user friendly, the facilities are very clean and modern and since they have different locations you could use for your monitoring, you never have to be commuting too far to get your care
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher always took the time to listen to my concerns, answered my questions in the clearest way possible, he was always realistic and honest about our case, no sugarcoating but always kind and respectful. During every appointment he always had the best attitude, his bedside manner was spotless and his communication very straightforward. IVF can be a very complex process but at every visit Dr Fisher always made sure I understood every decision about my treatment, what the next steps would be and why, I always left his office at ease and confident I was getting the best care for my case. Dr Fisher's demeanor has the right mix of science, professionalism, compassion and heart and I feel truly fortunate to have had him as my fertility Doctor!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Please ask him all the questions and share every concern you have, he will always listen and give you an honest and clear answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
In every interaction I had with with Dr. Fisher, he was always professional and kind, he cared about me as an individual and wanted me to succeed. I also never felt rushed during any consultation or procedure, I always got enough time and attention for my care.
Describe the protocols Thomas Fisher used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
For my egg retrieval: I was on Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, leuprolide and triggered with pregnyl (cannot remember the doses as these were adjusted) For my transfer: medrol and ovidrel. My FET was successful and I am now pregnant at 42-years-old.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: My nurse was Darcy and care coordinator was Shelby)
The care team at Spring Danville was wonderful to work with. Very professional, organized, knowledgeable and friendly. For some of my procedures I went to their Oakland office, where I also got excellent care. Everyone including receptionists, nurses, medical assistants, and every person I ever interacted with at Spring offered me the best care.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring has a very organized system: billing is straightforward, their patient portal where we get all communications and updates about our treatment is quite helpful and user friendly, the facilities are very clean and modern and since they have different locations you could use for your monitoring, you never have to be commuting too far to get your care. Parking in the Danville office was always good, but in the Oakland office it was a bit difficult so it was good to show up with enough time to be able to find a spot and still make it on time for my appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility.
Egg retrieval and monitoring: $18000, Embryo transfer $4700, Medications: $4000.
Describe Thomas Fisher's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
We did single embryo transfer (safer for my age and higher chances of live birth)

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Fisher is the best doctor I've ever worked with. He and his team has been with us through our 1+ year long fertility journey and we could not have asked for a better team. From the get go, he took the time to educate us, carefully listen to our story & goals, and created a plan for us. He's honest, realistic, funny, smart, detail-oriented, caring, all the things you'd wish for as a doctor during such vulnerable times.
I absolutely ADORED Spring Fertility staff, from the nurses, coordinators to the front office team. They make up the amazing culture Spring has and I always looked forward to my appts...I have recommended at least 5 people at my company to Spring Fertility because of how incredible the clinic is. They are organized, efficient, effective (have some of the highest success rates), and the culture and team are incredible...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Just be honest with what you want and come prepared for any questions. He was so patient with all my questions and always took the time to walk through everything with me.
Dr. Fisher is the only doctor I ever felt a connection with. From the start of our fertility journey, he always showed care, empathy, and enthusiasm to help you achieve your goals. He also made a process that can be so vulnerable much more pleasing than I had expected.
We went with the mid-luteal protocol. For medications, was as on the typical injections, FSH, Menopur, Cetrotide and I can't remember what I used for trigger. For the transfer, we went with natural/letrozole protocol as I was able to ovulate on my own and my progesterone levels were normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Caponi )
I absolutely ADORED Spring Fertility staff, from the nurses, coordinators to the front office team. They make up the amazing culture Spring has and I always looked forward to my appts so I can catch up with everyone. :) They are amazing!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
My company insurance covered most of it and I paid about 1500 out of pocket. I believe if I did not have insurance, it would be 18k for the injections + trigger and 6-7k for transfer.
We went wit single embryo transfer as it was the safest and lowest risk.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Pasternak was always warm and cheerful during my appointments. She has a great memory and somehow always remembered details of our previous appointment. I always left my appointments feeling like she really cared about my treatment and outcome...After each retrieval, Dr. Pasternak phoned us to discuss results and next options, and I always looked forward to hearing her thought process and recommendations...Dr. Pasternak advocated for a single embryo transfer...
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is busy, and appointment times are short so be sure to come prepared with questions or know that you can call and get questions answered later...I found calling was the fastest way for me to ask a question, request a refill, or confirm treatment protocol. I also relied heavily on the treatment calendar and also wish I had learned this earlier in my treatment...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
I underwent four egg retrievals and one embryo transfer under the care of Dr. Pasternak. I felt Dr. Pasternak was engaged and attentive before and during each retrieval. For example, after the first retrieval, I found that a specific medication made me excessively sleepy and irritated. With this information, she changed medications for the second retrieval, which I responded better to. Although appointment times were short, and I felt I had to come prepared with questions in hand, she always answered my questions swiftly and clearly. After each retrieval, Dr. Pasternak phoned us to discuss results and next options, and I always looked forward to hearing her thought process and recommendations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
If you would like to speak to her between appointments, call your care team and let them know you would like to speak with her or ask her a specific question.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak was always warm and cheerful during my appointments. She has a great memory and somehow always remembered details of our previous appointment. I always left my appointments feeling like she really cared about my treatment and outcome. While outside of the appointment, I asked questions mostly to my care team, I found that if I really wanted her opinion about something, she made herself available within 24 hours.
Describe the protocols Monica Pasternak used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I underwent 4 retrievals. The first protocol used was an antagonist protocol with estrogen priming. Because I did not respond well to the protocol (yielding 4 follicles and 1 embryo), for the next 3 procedures, Dr. Pasternak switched me to a mini-IVF protocol with progesterone priming (each also yielding 1 embryo).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rayney Dodge)
I loved my care team at Spring. I liked that I could call and reach them for any questions I had. They were often able to answer my questions, but they would often offer to pass the question on to my physician if I wanted. They called after each retrieval to give me egg/embryo updates and were always professional and kind when the news was tough and happy for me when the news was better. They were also to call me back when needed. I only wish I had known earlier in my care with Spring that this would be my favored method of communication. Emails with the team were equally professional and detailed however I found calling was the fastest way for me to ask a question, request a refill, or confirm treatment protocol. I also relied heavily on the treatment calendar and also wish I had learned this earlier in my treatment.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I found the Spring at SF clinic team to generally be kind and professional. The clinic is busy, and appointment times are short so be sure to come prepared with questions or know that you can call and get questions answered later. I was okay with this environment; however, I can understand that the experience can feel overwhelming, especially at the beginning of someone's treatment. I would encourage patients to always reach out with questions over the phone, and they'll likely be pleased with the team's response.
Describe Monica Pasternak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr. Pasternak advocated for a single embryo transfer
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
The drug treatment was changed due to my request for a later transfer date however, my calendar was not properly updated until I called to confirm doses.

2021, 26 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Okeigwe never seemed rushed. She listened to all my concerns and addressed them. She seemed genuinely interested in my success and wellbeing: she paid close attention to my experience all along the process and adjusted my protocols accordingly. She was meticulous with things like measuring follicles - she was more accurate than one of the other doctors I saw for a monitoring appointment.
The staff at Spring in Oakland are amazing...They never missed an update or call to see how things were going. The care was well-organized, thorough and tailored for me. I appreciated the patient education resources...The wait was never more than 10 minutes to be seen (usually less) and appointments went very smoothly. Their care-team system is very effective and the staff is very communicative and easy to get a hold of.
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
With Dr. Okeigwe, I felt like I was in really good hands all throughout the egg freezing process. She made sure I was taking all the necessary steps to prevent OHSS. Her calm presence was very reassuring during the actual retrieval: this was my first operation and I went in with some anxiety. I felt that she was a very good source of knowledge and I fully felt like I could trust her judgement. She provided excellent care!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Ijeoma Okeigwe used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Aygestin priming, FSH + menopur, cetrotide, lupron-only trigger, cabergaline. All of these worked well and prevented OHSS even though I had a lot of eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
The staff at Spring in Oakland are amazing: I came to expect friendly, warm staff at every visit and was never disappointed. They never missed an update or call to see how things were going. The care was well-organized, thorough and tailored for me. I appreciated the patient education resources.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic was great. The wait was never more than 10 minutes to be seen (usually less) and appointments went very smoothly. Their care-team system is very effective and the staff is very communicative and easy to get a hold of. I wasn't able to get a hold of the on-call doctor they said to contact if need be by calling the main line after hours but I may have chosen the wrong options.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility.
Costs were covered by Progyny.
Ijeoma Okeigwe
2021, Successful
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is very inviting and very organized. Communication was very efficient, even around insurance and billing...very efficient and timely with each appointment...The nurses were phenomenal. I underestimated how complicated the drug administration would be, and they had top notch training and education sessions...They answered every question in a timely manner...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
My experience was wonderful. Dr. Pasternak has a great bedside manner, kept things light (even when they could be heavy) and was clear about what to expect. She was very helpful in making our upfront decision to pursue IVF instead of IUI. She let us know she would support either one but just have us candid facts about odds. And she helped us by always keeping our goals in kind - one more child as soon as possible. She was competent and empathetic and I felt supported and like we were being cheered on the whole time. That means a lot when you’re putting so much work into and have such high hopes.
Take advantage of the fact that she will give you candid advice. And ask questions - these clinics are busy and they can’t know how much to explain, but Dr. Pasternak always answered all my questions to the fullest. Always ask.
I felt like a human because we connected during my consults, and she was sympathetic in every way. She took time to answer my questions and to do so honestly. A good balance of realistic expectations and hope.
We did IVF right away. We did the egg retrieval, and protocol was normal. We did genetic testing of embryos due to to age, and thankful we did because 6 of our 7 embryos were abnormal. They helped us navigate that process with their genetic counseling partner and helped contextualize their feedback. We adjusted the timing of the protocol to make sure we had an understanding of what to expect. We had just one embryo, and she suggested we go forward with it - we only wanted one more child, it only takes one embryo, and she said she saw no reason I wouldn’t have the best odds to be successful (versus doing another round of egg retrieval). We discussed what options there were if it didn’t work. Ultimately, we moved forward, and I am currently 20 weeks pregnant.
The nurses were phenomenal. I underestimated how complicated the drug administration would be, and they had top notch training and education sessions, all remote. I was very impressed and it made such a huge difference in treatment and confidence. I did make a mistake in meds, and they were responsive, supportive, and reassuring. They answered every question in a timely manner (and I had a lot!) and appreciated that there was a team to cover in case anyone was out. It surpassed all my expectations.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is very inviting and very organized. Communication was very efficient, even around insurance and billing (a couple placated topic even if you have great insurance and benefits) and very efficient and timely with each appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
Monitoring needed to jags leeches timing by its nature, but they are open seven days a week and they always gave as much advanced notice as possible for ease of scheduling. I always wanted early mornings and they always could accommodate.

2021, Successful
Dr. Lee is the most perfect combination of intelligent, kind, proactive, caring, knowledgeable and experienced...Dr. Lee looked into things that other doctors missed...She was so sweet and kind. She took the time to get to know me and to always answer all of my questions...We used 5mg of Letrozole for 5 days, to induce ovulation, followed by one shot of Ovidrel once we saw that I had a mature follicle....
Spring is absolutely perfect. It was pricey, because we had to pay out of pocket, but incredibly worth it. The place is clean and very comfortable and the entire team is so caring and knowledgeable...We used 5mg of Letrozole for 5 days, to induce ovulation, followed by one shot of Ovidrel once we saw that I had a mature follicle. It was perfect and very easy...
How was your experience with Malinda Lee at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Lee is the most perfect combination of intelligent, kind, proactive, caring, knowledgeable and experienced. Graduating from her care and moving on to an OB was the most bittersweet experience. If I could have Dr Lee as my OB, primary care and the pediatrician for my daughter, that would be the absolute best.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Malinda Lee at Spring Fertility?
Don’t hesitate! Once my blood tests came back normal at my primary care dr, I was told to wait until it had been a year before looking into fertility issues. As someone who hadn’t ovulated once in 5 months, I didn’t want to do that because I knew something was wrong. Dr. Lee looked into things that other doctors missed, and we were extremely blessed to be successful in our first cycle (even through Dr. Lee made it clear that we would take these steps for the first 3-6 cycles, and that it’s normal for it to take some time).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Malinda Lee at Spring Fertility?
She was so sweet and kind. She took the time to get to know me and to always answer all of my questions (I had lots).
Describe the protocols Malinda Lee used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.

2021, Successful
Dr Vaughn was very thorough in all of her interactions and communication. She clearly outlined all options. She treated my husband and I was kindness and compassion...Dr Vaughn will answer all of your questions and go over all options that you are interested in exploring. She is an excellent doctor...The doctors [Dr. Vaughn's] approach was single embryo transfer...She was kind, caring, thorough and took the time to not only explain things but also listen to our concerns.
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is very nice and provides a welcoming environment. I never had to wait long periods of time and appointments were timely...All of the staff at Spring were amazing! Anny, Leili, and the front desk staff were always so kind, caring, helpful, and encouraging!..The doctors approach was single embryo transfer. I was in full agreement as the goal was one healthy pregnancy....
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
I had a wonderful patient experience. Dr Vaughn was very thorough in all of her interactions and communication. She clearly outlined all options. She treated my husband and I was kindness and compassion.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
There is so much information when it comes to infertility. Dr Vaughn will answer all of your questions and go over all options that you are interested in exploring. She is an excellent doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
Dr Vaughn always treated me with compassion. She was kind, caring, thorough and took the time to not only explain things but also listen to our concerns.
Describe the protocols Sara Vaughn used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Treatments used were medications and IVF. I am considered advanced age snd have experienced one loss prior to beginning treatment with Dr Vaughn. Dr Vaughn knew that time was of the essence and we wanted the best outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Anni and Leili )
All of the staff at Spring were amazing! Anny, Leili, and the front desk staff were always so kind, caring, helpful, and encouraging!!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is very nice and provides a welcoming environment. I never had to wait long periods of time and appointments were timely. The Sunnyvale location was closest proximity to me and convenient to find.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility.
We were very lucky and fortunate to have Progyny Insurance which covered the majority of our costs
Describe Sara Vaughn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.

2019 - 2021, Successful
He [Dr. Harris] made us feel comfortable throughout the entire process. We trusted him and his judgement 100%. Very professional, compassionate, and charismatic. The appointments were never rushed. He took time to answer all of our questions. Always on time so we were able to get in and out...We used donor sperm and ended up with 8 great embryos. Did a frozen embryo transfer with both pregnancies...
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is very clean, professional and organized. You are greeted with a friendly staff. They are always on time. Everyone is so helpful and accommodating. It is a stress free environment for what can be a stressful time....[nurse was] Very responsive and helpful...The appointments were never rushed. He [Dr. Harris] took time to answer all of our questions. Always on time so we were able to get in and out...
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
He made us feel comfortable throughout the entire process. We trusted him and his judgement 100%. Very professional, compassionate, and charismatic. The appointments were never rushed. He took time to answer all of our questions. Always on time so we were able to get in and out.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Best Doctor ever!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Harris has always been very personable since the day my wife and I met him. We felt like we already knew him. He really took the time to listen and answer any questions/concerns.
Describe the protocols Isiah Harris used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
The first cycle of IVF was the egg retrieval process. Had to take injections every day. We used donor sperm and ended up with 8 great embryos. Did a frozen embryo transfer with both pregnancies. No injections, just a trigger shot. Ended up pregnant the first time with both transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Carla Martinez)
Very responsive and helpful!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is very clean, professional and organized. You are greeted with a friendly staff. They are always on time. Everyone is so helpful and accommodating. It is a stress free environment for what can be a stressful time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility.
Our insurance covered it the first time. After losing that insurance we paid 6k for the embryo transfer on our 2nd pregnancy.

2021, Consult
Dr. Tran does not have a good bedside manner. He was entirely agitated, annoyed, and distant during our appointments. He couldn't answer our questions, or wouldn't provide a clear answer. He was really unprofessional - cussing, overly blunt, and cut me off mid-sentence several times. He also went on weird random rants that didn't really have to do with my care...I would not feel safe having him as my doctor - his language, tone, and attitude were all unpleasant...
My experience there [Spring Fertility] was very intense, and insensitive. I would suggest seeing another doctor besides Dr. Tran. I really regret waiting to see him specifically. I hope that the next patient will have better luck than I did...Consultation $450...Dr. Tran does not have a good bedside manner. He was entirely agitated, annoyed, and distant during our appointments. He couldn't answer our questions, or wouldn't provide a clear answer. He was really unprofessional - cussing, overly blunt, and cut me off mid-sentence several times.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Because of his behavior, I would not recommend anyone to see Dr. Tran. He is easily annoyed and agitated. I would not feel safe having him as my doctor - his language, tone, and attitude were all unpleasant. He is very detached, judgemental, and a bully.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
If you plan on seeing him, stand up for yourself, do not let him push you around. He will try to make you feel less than human.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
My experience there was very intense, and insensitive. I would suggest seeing another doctor besides Dr. Tran. I really regret waiting to see him specifically. I hope that the next patient will have better luck than I did.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at Spring Fertility.
Consultation $450

Embryo Freezing
with her [Dr. Lee] protocol, in one round of egg retrieval I got 16 eggs, and in the end got 3 blastocysts passed PGT-A (all are AA/AB level). This is already way better than my previous 4 rounds of egg retrieval results combined!!!!! Also not mentioning that she did every single ultrasound with her own hands, and never missed any one. And yes she did my egg retrieval surgery and egg transfer herself as well. All my questions got patiently answered along the way...
Spring fertility clinic is very efficient and well organized. The clinic is trying hard to provide a warm and caring environment for all of the patients. The doctors here are top notch yet caring as well. Comparing with many other clinics, Spring fertility would teach you how to prepare to max your chance for success, including eating Q10, exercise, sleep well, acupuncture, etc...
How was your experience with Malinda Lee at Spring Fertility?
I was lucky to find Dr. Lee who finally ended the IVF journey for me, who is generally healthy, volunteered to do IVF to have a baby efficiently (and also egg freezing to save some hope for future), but unfortunately failed even egg retrievals for 4 times in the past 1 year with another well-known clinic. Being 36Y old, with AMH 5.15, FSH normal, AFC 10+ plus totally normal health check up results & generic carrier screening results, I thought my IVF case would be a fairly easy one. But unfortunately I had to go through the egg retrieval process for 4 times with prior clinic, which was totally unexpected. But it is also fortunate that I gained enough experience to compare, and thus confident to tell, what would a good doctor looks like. I don’t want to spend too much time to describe what I experienced with the previous clinic but just let the numbers speak. In the previous clinic, under the protocol defined by a very famous, experienced yet busy doctor, 4 egg retrieval circles in total, I got 26 eggs, 15+ fertilized, and ended up with only 2 D5 blastocysts passed PGT-A (1BB and 1CC). Each time the doctor defined the egg retrieval plan a few months beforehand, never showed up in any of my ultrasounds, and even the final trigger time was what his interns decided based on the doctor’s notes which was written 1 months ago. Every time when I got the upset results and want to discuss further with the doctor, I can only got the time spot like 3~4 weeks later, and for the 30 minutes session the doctor was always 20~25 minutes late. During the rest 5~10 minutes, he just read my charts to refresh his own memory but not be able to provide any more information beyond that. What finally triggered me to change doctor was because the last time I asked again why the egg retrieval results are not as good as expected, the doctor said, “It is just your body acting like age 42 which we can’t help with that at all. But the protocol is already the best solution and we will repeat again next time”. As someone who is fairly confident about her health condition (I work out A LOT) and actively doing research (even though I am not medical background) I don’t buy in that conclusion at all. I wanted to seek for the second opinion. I located Dr. Lee from Spring fertility clinic not by testing my luck again (like I did with the first clinic) but through very careful research of all the major fertility clinics in the bay area this time. I did check the success rate and talked to multiple doctors from different clinics. There are for sure many other famous clinics than Spring fertility, but none of them could start my treatment plan as efficiently as Spring fertility (most would need to wait for a few more months because they are already busy). And there are many doctors who are more experienced than Dr Lee, but none of them is more patient than Dr Lee to listen to my whole experience, to be willing to read my hundreds of charts carefully, to spend time doing more research to customize the protocol, and to dare to give totally different opinions against the prior doctor. I was very clear of what I need this time – I don’t need even bigger clinic names or even more famous doctor, I just need doctor who is knowledgeable enough, and yet caring enough for my case. “I believe there is a customized IVF plan for each patient” - Some doctor just say it, but some really show you the action. Dr Lee is the latter one. I bet on her, and I won this time. My experience with Spring fertility clinic and Dr Lee was excellent, especially when comparing with my previous upsetting experience. Dr Lee spent quality time to understand my charts carefully, and gave totally different protocol (and it works well this time!). Again – let numbers talk – with her protocol, in one round of egg retrieval I got 16 eggs, and in the end got 3 blastocysts passed PGT-A (all are AA/AB level). This is already way better than my previous 4 rounds of egg retrieval results combined!!!!! Also not mentioning that she did every single ultrasound with her own hands, and never missed any one. And yes she did my egg retrieval surgery and egg transfer herself as well. All my questions got patiently answered along the way, and currently when I am typing for this article, I am happily 12-week pregnant. My body condition didn’t change; but what changed the result? It is not the medical knowledge the doctors have, but also the time and effort they are willing to spend on you. Dr Lee has the best medical education and training background that any doctor would admire and she no doubt has enough medical knowledge to do the IVF job. And what’s more important is she works hard, she understands and cares about your suffer, and she treats you as a woman, but not just a number. I highly recommend Dr Lee to anyone who is seeking IVF treatment. You need a good and caring doctor to maximize the opportunity to success since the IVF is a tough and expensive journey. Do some more research on your clinic and doctor before you invest; and hope my experience above could help you to save some effort, emotion, and dollars.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
My overall feeling with Spring fertility clinic is very efficient and well organized. The clinic is trying hard to provide a warm and caring environment for all of the patients. The doctors here are top notch yet caring as well. Comparing with many other clinics, Spring fertility would teach you how to prepare to max your chance for success, including eating Q10, exercise, sleep well, acupuncture, etc. Every little effort counts.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Malinda Lee at Spring Fertility.
My insurance covered all the cost so I didn't worry about the cost during the whole process.

2021, 31 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Vaughn] was understanding but also top notch in technical proficiency! Best of both worlds. Didn't set too high of expectations but also was optimistic enough to keep head up throughout the process...Very friendly and personalized protocol. Remembered details about my life and checked with me constantly to ensure my mental and physical comfort...Mid-luteul egg freezing protocol. I was given the choice to do mid-luteul or another protocol that would additionally use birth control pills to help with timing, but mid-luteul fit my schedule better
The Sunnyvale location [of Spring Fertility] isn't in a very scenic spot, but it was out of way enough that there was no hustle and bustle of the city to worry about while going to my appointments. The clinic itself is very high end, and with very nice amenities and warm touches...$8950 for the total cost of egg retrieval. I am on a payment plan that splits this cost up with monthly payments of under $300 over 3 years. Medication was a one-time payment of a complete package of $3900. First consultation fee of $450 which includes doctor consultation, initial transvaginal ultrasound, and initial bloodwork.
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
I have no real downsides to explain or review for Dr. Vaughn. She was an angel who was understanding but also top notch in technical proficiency! Best of both worlds. Didn't set too high of expectations but also was optimistic enough to keep head up throughout the process.
Ask questions, and don't be afraid to repeat the questions. She'll always have a good answer!
Mid-luteul egg freezing protocol. I was given the choice to do mid-luteul or another protocol that would additionally use birth control pills to help with timing, but mid-luteul fit my schedule better so that's what I went with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Anny)
The whole patient care team is top notch. The financial advisor was very kind and patient, the nurse Anny was very responsive and helpful, and the front desk was consistently on top of things and always friendly.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The Sunnyvale location isn't in a very scenic spot, but it was out of way enough that there was no hustle and bustle of the city to worry about while going to my appointments. The clinic itself is very high end, and with very nice amenities and warm touches. A live plant wall, espresso machine and snacks, sparkling water on tap, very nice clean stocked bathrooms, and the exam rooms and surgery facility are also clean, comfortable, and up-to-date. I felt as though I got what I paid for, and more!
2021, Successful
Dr. Pasternak was always so warm and made me feel comfortable and not alone through having a lot of anxiety and worries about whether the transfer was going to stick or not...She was compassionate, communicative, warm, and honestly just incredible all around...I had massive anxiety about whether or not the transfer worked in my first ultrasound post-transfer and she responded so compassionately with medical intel to back it up, giving me the confidence I needed...
I LOVED my care team [at Spring Fertility]! Rayney and the team were so involved through the whole process and their communication was excellent. I felt very taken care of and very much like they were “in my corner”...Spring is a very comfortable environment without feeling like a sterile clinic. Everything is very clean and updated. I also was shocked at how on time they were for every appointment which is not something I’ve experienced with other doctors offices!...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
I couldn’t have loved and appreciated my experience with Dr. Pasternak more. She was compassionate, communicative, warm, and honestly just incredible all around. I felt very taken care of and would follow her absolutely anywhere for our next IVF transfer. I could not recommend her more highly.
Be as honest as you can with her because if you are open about your concerns and worries, i guarantee she will help you through it. I had massive anxiety about whether or not the transfer worked in my first ultrasound post-transfer and she responded so compassionately with medical intel to back it up, giving me the confidence I needed.
Dr. Pasternak was always so warm and made me feel comfortable and not alone through having a lot of anxiety and worries about whether the transfer was going to stick or not. I honestly wish I could have stayed with her through my entire pregnancy - her energy was exactly what I needed and I couldn’t feel luckier to have been matched with her for my IVF treatment.
I LOVED my care team! Rayney and the team were so involved through the whole process and their communication was excellent. I felt very taken care of and very much like they were “in my corner”.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility.
We went through insurance so it was largely paid for.

2021, Successful
Dr. Lee takes the time to fully understand your history and discuss your specific situation with you. She is extremely knowledgeable and is able to explain things on both a high and detailed level. Although my partner and I (both persons with advanced degrees) had done extensive research before deciding on Dr. Lee, we remained continually impressed with her excellent mix of professionalism and bedside manner. She exceeded expectations...
No wait times, easy scheduling, clean and modern facilities. I liked the fact that while you had a primary physician [at Spring Fertility], you were able to schedule visits with other doctors (all great) to adjust to your schedule. My partner and I both work 80 plus hour weeks so this was very helpful. Regardless of whom I saw, Dr. Lee (my primary doctor) was always on top of my file and tried to accommodate me every time despite my extremely strict schedule
How was your experience with Malinda Lee at Spring Fertility?
We really could not recommend her more. If I could have been her patient through delivery, I would have done so immediately! Even as my husband and I were navagating various issues outside of her speciality, I ended up going back to get her input on an unofficial basis as there was not any person whose opinion I respected more. My primary doctor is wonderful, but there is no comparison. The way Dr. Lee approaches responses is, for me, the perfect mix of compassion, caring and technical knowledge.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
No wait times, easy scheduling, clean and modern facilities. I liked the fact that while you had a primary physician, you were able to schedule visits with other doctors (all great) to adjust to your schedule. My partner and I both work 80 plus hour weeks so this was very helpful. Regardless of whom I saw, Dr. Lee (my primary doctor) was always on top of my file and tried to accommodate me every time despite my extremely strict schedule. I really appreciated this.
2021, Successful
Dr. Pasternak took the time to answer all my questions...In the first cycle of embryo freezing, Dr. Pasternak noticed that my body was not reacting that strongly to the hormone medication. When we went for my second round, she added a growth hormone- which gave much better results... She was very friendly and relatable. She never pushed us into making any decisions- but instead walked us through the pros and cons...
The clinic [Spring Fertility] itself is aesthetically pleasing. The rooms, reception, etc were all great. They recently upgraded the robes worn during procedures- it was a great added comfort. The one thing I think they really need to work on is doing more hand holding. There are a lot of steps in this process and remembering them all gets confusing-- I wish the team/clinic had protocol for more detailed instructions, reminders etc....
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak took the time to answer all my questions. Especially during our first round of embryo freezing- when my husband had so so many questions! She was very friendly and relatable. She never pushed us into making any decisions- but instead walked us through the pros and cons.
Nothing really. all together we had a good experience.
I thought Dr. Pasternak and all her staff were very kind, friendly and personable. Always made me feel at ease.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Raney)
All in all, such friendly, kind, approachable staff. They were prompt in responding to emails and calls. I never had to wait too long. They always had positive attitudes and also very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic itself is aesthetically pleasing. The rooms, reception, etc were all great. They recently upgraded the robes worn during procedures- it was a great added comfort. The one thing I think they really need to work on is doing more hand holding. There are a lot of steps in this process and remembering them all gets confusing-- I wish the team/clinic had protocol for more detailed instructions, reminders etc
A lot of it was covered by insurance, so I am not sure. We paid a total out of pocket max of $5000

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Pasternak] was friendly and considerate that it was an uncomfortable procedure but she did her best to make me fee comfortable. She remembered my from 2 years ago and asked about my child. I had my treatment and monitoring in oakland with dr. Fisher (who is also great) and I had my transfer in SF with Dr. P. I requested her for a familiar face and she delivered. Happy to see her and that she is still with the clinic. Feels good to have a familiar face and a friendly one too...
I absolutely loved my two experiences with this clinic [Spring Fertility] and highly recommend them. I’ve worked with Dr Fisher, Dr Pasternak, and dr Klatsky. All are excellent. The nursing and coordinator walk you through every step of the way and you feel supported all along. They even do trainings on how to take the injections...There are many steps and I never felt overwhelmed because they walked me through step by step...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
She was friendly and considerate that it was an uncomfortable procedure but she did her best to make me fee comfortable. She remembered my from 2 years ago and asked about my child. I had my treatment and monitoring in oakland with dr. Fisher (who is also great) and I had my transfer in SF with Dr. P. I requested her for a familiar face and she delivered. Happy to see her and that she is still with the clinic. Feels good to have a familiar face and a friendly one too.
Give her a shot. She is friendly and knowledgeable
She remembered me from 2 years ago
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mel)
Everyone treated me wonderfully. With care and compassion. Always with a smile and happy to answer all questions. There are many steps and I never felt overwhelmed because they walked me through step by step
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I absolutely loved my two experiences with this clinic and highly recommend them. I’ve worked with Dr Fisher, Dr Pasternak, and dr Klatsky. All are excellent. The nursing and coordinator walk you through every step of the way and you feel supported all along. They even do trainings on how to take the injections.
I used Cigna insurance. I think that’s the only insurance they take

2021, Consult
Embryo Freezing
The office is clean, bright, great artwork and calming decor. All staff I encountered were welcoming and professional. I didn’t feel like a number, I felt like people in office remembered me every time....[nurses were] always there to answer questions...Dr. Pasternak’s positive energy and sense of humor made me feel comfortable as soon as I stepped in her office. She thoughtfully listened, asked me the right questions and I left our consult feeling like she fully understood my long term career plans and our family goals.
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak’s positive energy and sense of humor made me feel comfortable as soon as I stepped in her office. She thoughtfully listened, asked me the right questions and I left our consult feeling like she fully understood my long term career plans and our family goals. She offered her knowledgeable advice and guidance as to what would be best for my partner and I, but also reminded me it was our choice how we decided to continue. I felt our treatment plan was personalized for our family goals and I’m confident Dr. Pasternak will help us achieve those in the future.
be honest with yourself and open to knowledgeable advice
personalized treatment plan to meet family planning goals, took the time to understand my career plans as well
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
always there to answer questions
Progyny coverage
San Francisco

I never had a HSG which I feel like is odd for someone who was doing IUI. I came to Dr. Harris for my first IUI, which I did during a Letrozole cycle. He was supportive but said I'd have better success with IVF. After the second failed IUI (chemical pregnancy), I begun IVF, so in a way I feel like he was right all along but it took me awhile to get there emotionally/mentally. IVF hasn't been as much of a "sure bet" as he explained it would be but I am maneuvering through the process in hopes of his optimism turning into a baby...said he would only transfer one embryo at my age.
Initially, I was assigned to Nanette [nurse at Spring] who was difficult to reach via e-mail and sometimes I didn't understand her recommendations. Additionally, I had one chemical pregnancy and she didn't provide the level of compassion I expected from a nurse. She rarely replied to my emails in a timely fashion and I recently learned she works from home so I've never met her in person...My cycle coordinator (Michelle) is dealing with 1000 other clients and at times it feels like a factory operation instead of a fertility experience. She has made typos in emails and sent incorrect information so I second guess every email she sends which is unfortunate but she has gotten a little better, so I am thankful for that. Now I am working primarily with Dr. Harris & Nurse (Jill) for my communications.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
I have "unexplained infertility", before trying I visited him to get the full work up to ensure my reproductive system was working as expected. However, I never had a HSG which I feel like is odd for someone who was doing IUI. I came to Dr. Harris for my first IUI, which I did during a Letrozole cycle. He was supportive but said I'd have better success with IVF. After the second failed IUI (chemical pregnancy), I begun IVF, so in a way I feel like he was right all along but it took me awhile to get there emotionally/mentally. IVF hasn't been as much of a "sure bet" as he explained it would be but I am maneuvering through the process in hopes of his optimism turning into a baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
I preferred interacting with Dr. Harris directly to discuss my treatment plan. Initially, I was assigned to Nanette who was difficult to reach via e-mail and sometimes I didn't understand her recommendations. Additionally, I had one chemical pregnancy and she didn't provide the level of compassion I expected from a nurse. She rarely replied to my emails in a timely fashion and I recently learned she works from home so I've never met her in person. Upon expressing concern to Spring about my nurse, they changed me to Jill who is FANTASTIC. She has really been an angel in the entire process, addressing all of the gaps I expressed with the previous nurse. However, when Jill is out I do not trust the other nurses to fully execute my care. For example, when Jill was out of the office another nurse scheduled my FET on the wrong day, meaning I missed my window of repetitive and the FET was cancelled which was heart breaking. I am really displeased with this outcome and working with the clinic & Dr. Harris specifically on being made "whole" from this devastating experience which means another FET to be covered by Spring.
100% covered by Progyny insurance after meeting my insurance deductible
Describe Isiah Harris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
I wouldn't mind twins but Dr. Harris said he would only transfer one embryo at my age.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
My experience with Dr. Klatsky in 2018 for the egg retrieval was flawless. He kept me updated and educated on why he was doing particular procedures or prescribing medications and was very empathetic to all of the side effects throughout the process. When I came back in for the embryo transfer in 2020, I felt more disconnected. He relies heavily on his IVF nurse lead (who was great) to keep track of medications and cycle stages. There was one appointment i particular that he wasn't aware of what medications I was currently taking and he made recommendations to change medication and move up the cycle. I then received an email from his nurse later that day stating to not make the changes the Dr. had recommended, because he was not aware of exactly what meds I was on and to keep things as originally scheduled. Dr. Klatsky did follow up after our failed embryo transfer, answered all of our questions and was very empathetic and apologetic about the miscommunication that had occured throughout the FET cycle. He discussed in depth the plan for our next FET and why we would take that approach and it has been scheduled to happen within the next two months.
Overall Spring is a good clinic. ... The billing department is very responsive, but it took many emails and hours over the phone with them to get the proper paperwork to try and submit to my out of network insurance. My Dr. was changed the day of my transfer to Dr. Tran (whom I have never met or interacted with) and I was not informed until he came into the room to do the transfer and introduced himself. This was very off putting to me and added a lot of stress on a day when you do not want your stress levels to be high. The clinic was very apologetic about it and I trust that they will have better communication with me for our next FET.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
The advice that I would give to a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky is to make sure you ask a lot of questions and don't hesitate to request for a follow up phone call if more information is needed or questions need to be answered after an appointment or consultation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
The first time I came into the clinic in 2018 I felt like I was treated like a human and not just a number. My Dr. and all of the nurses knew me by name and by the end of my egg retrieval the started to feel like family. When I came back in Feb 2020 to start the embryo transfer process, my experience was a bit different. It seemed like the waiting room was more crowded, procedure dates and times were changed 2-3 times due to scheduling issues (not due to my cycle) and there was some miscommunication happening. Thankfully, the missteps that were made were quickly corrected along the way and did not affect my treatment protocol.
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
My husband and I had been trying for over a year to get pregnant before we came into the clinic. Dr. Klatsky preformed a saline sonogram, and HSG, an ultrasound and ordered blood work for both my husband and I. He then diagnosed me with Unexplained Infertility saying that all of the tests came out clear. He also took into account the results of my husbands sperm sample that we had previously had done. He recommended IVF, stating that IUI has less chances of working to get us pregnant. We went with his recommendation and started IVF asap. We did a retrieval under his care and did pgs testing at his recommendation to prevent miscarriage or failed FETs. We then did a medicated FET that was not successful. Dr. Klatsky recommended a medicated FET (with intramuscular progesterone shots and estrogen patches), because during the retrieval he stated that my lining was pretty thin and that the medicated protocol would rule out the lining being a factor. Dr. Klatsky, as well as my husband and I were all pretty surprised when the first round didn't work, since everything went well, lining looked good and the embryo was a "perfect" 5AA. After following up after the transfer, Dr. Klatsky has changed his approach for our next FET to a natural transfer, as I reminded him of my history of pelvic tension issues, interstitial cystitis and spotting. He wants to make sure that endometriosis isn't a factor, although I don't have many of the symptoms and he has done the majority of non- invasive tests to rule it out. Just in case I do have it he does not want to give me estrogen for the next cycle, which causes endo to flare. It will be a risk because there is a chance my lining may not be thick enough on transfer day, but he thinks it is best to try something different than last time to rule out endometriosis or any other factors that may be preventing us from getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel Maley)
Laurel Maley is our nurse coordinator. She is a great communicator, responded promptly, is compassionate and always in the know of what medications I am taking and was stage of my cycle I was in. She was great and one of the best parts of my experience at Spring.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Overall Spring is a good clinic. From the waiting room to the Dr.'s offices it is very clean and welcoming. The nurses and staff are all very nice and greet you with a warm smile every time you are in the office. It seems like their client load has increased since we first came for our IVF retrieval in 2018, which I think was the cause to procedures times being altered multiple times and long waits for appointments. The billing department is very responsive, but it took many emails and hours over the phone with them to get the proper paperwork to try and submit to my out of network insurance. My Dr. was changed the day of my transfer to Dr. Tran (whom I have never met or interacted with) and I was not informed until he came into the room to do the transfer and introduced himself. This was very off putting to me and added a lot of stress on a day when you do not want your stress levels to be high. The clinic was very apologetic about it and I trust that they will have better communication with me for our next FET.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility.
I believe the IVF retrieval was around 12,000-15,000. The FET with consultation, tests, monitoring and transfer was 5,100.
Describe Peter Klatsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr. Klatsky recommended against putting in multiple embryos at my age (33) and with my diagnosis (unexplained infertility) as it could cause a high risk pregnancy (multiples). I don't even think the clinic allows people to ask for multiple transfers at my age or with my diagnosis, but I am sure there are certain exceptions that they may do so. We allowed the clinic to pick the best out of our 3 pgs tested embryos and asked for the gender to be confidential and not shared with us.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
My tansfer procedure was rescheduled to 3 different times the day leading up to it, one of the times being only an hour and a half before the procedure was originally scheduled for. Dr. Tran did my transfer the day of and I was not informed that it would not be my primary doctor Dr. Klatsky until Dr. Tran walked in to do the procedure and introduced himself. The changing of appointment multiple times and not knowing that the Dr. for my transfer had changed until the moment of my transfer added a lot of stress to an already stressful process. It was apologized for by the nurse and Dr., but was definitely very upsetting and frustrating.
Peter Klatsky
San Francisco

I preferred interacting with Dr. Harris [at Spring Fertility] directly to discuss my treatment plan. Initially, I was assigned to Nanette who was difficult to reach via e-mail and sometimes I didn't understand her recommendations. Additionally, I had one chemical pregnancy and she didn't provide the level of compassion I expected from a nurse.
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Harris was relatable and easy to talk to; in the few visits where my husband joined me, he provided a place that was comfortable for a man going through this process. He was very clear on his thoughts on IUI vs. IVF up front but mentally, I wasn't ready to go straight to IVF w/o trying IUI. He respected my decision and supported me. He is very optimistic and always tells me everything "looks great" which is ironic because I feel like I'd be pregnant already if everything was truly "great". As I experienced set backs, one being a lab error (scheduled for the wrong day for my FET), Dr. Harris accepted accountability but was pretty dismissive of my emotional state and just kept saying he has faith I will eventually be a mom despite acknowledging the IVF fatigue I was experiencing. He also provided a "pregnancy guarantee" which never came into fruition under his care so it felt a bit like an empty promise.
Take advantage of the time you have with him and ask a lot of questions. During each treatment I would ask him the questions I had instead of trying to schedule calls thru the clinic. But if I needed to do calls through the clinic, I'd do that. Do not always depend on the nurse being your "middle man". He's a great doctor but I cannot recommend the clinic in good faith. They don't care about their patients in the way you deserve to be cared for.
Dr. Harris was personable and spoke in terms I understood. However when things started getting difficult (failed transfer) he was seemingly less understanding, said that 1/3 embryo doesn't result in a live birth and was overly optimistic which didn't help the pain I was experiencing. Towards the end of treatment it was clear to me that Spring was processing patients like a factory vs. a personalized experience. This became evident when my protocol was impacted due to a clinical error.
I have "unexplained infertility", before trying I visited him to get the full work up to ensure my reproductive system was working as expected. However, I never had a HSG which I feel like is odd for someone who was doing IUI. I came to Dr. Harris for my first IUI, which I did during a Letrozole cycle. He was supportive but said I'd have better success with IVF. After the second failed IUI (chemical pregnancy), I begun IVF, so in a way I feel like he was right all along but it took me awhile to get there emotionally/mentally. IVF hasn't been as much of a "sure bet" as he explained it would be.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring clinic is conveniently located in Redwood City, San Francisco and Oakland. Their clinics are state of the art and have a clean aesthetic with coordinating decor which is welcoming. They are very timely with their appointments. However, Spring does not take time to understand underlying fertility issues and the items they miss could be the reason you aren't conceiving. I can't trust them whole heatedly and they do not treat you like person with the several hoops you need to jump through to talk to the doctors.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
Spring is a Fertility Factory, sometimes they get it right and thats sheer luck but mostly they don't.
100% covered by Progyny insurance after meeting my insurance deductible

2018 - 2020, Successful
What we appreciated the most was Dr Tran's direct, confident and no fluff demeanor. Often times, he was more confident in a positive outcome than we were which is what I would want with my fertility doctor. We did experience 1 miscarriage with an IUI cycle which Dr Tran showed a nice balance of compassion and yet still a focus on the path forward...If you want a personalized, down to business, direct and a results driven outcome, then Dr Tran is who you'd want to see.
[Spring Fertility's] strengths: medical staff, knowledge of the co-founding doctors, the nursing staff and nurse practitioner are also all great, inviting, organized, clean, resourceful as they have medications on hand if you need it in an emergency sense...If I had one critique, it would be with the financial coordinator who didn't always know the answers to some pretty simple questions I had regarding mediation cost and wasn't always prompt in communication response.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
We couldn't be happier as patients of Dr Tran. We saw him at Spring in 2018 when the clinic was still growing and again at the end of 2019 when the clinic had grown exponentially but we experienced the same level of care from Dr Tran. What we appreciated the most was Dr Tran's direct, confident and no fluff demeanor. Often times, he was more confident in a positive outcome than we were which is what I would want with my fertility doctor. We did experience 1 miscarriage with an IUI cycle which Dr Tran showed a nice balance of compassion and yet still a focus on the path forward.
If you want a fertility doctor who is going to hold your hand, provide some fluffiness to your consults and consultations with a pair of rosy glasses on, this is not the doctor for you. If you want a personalized, down to business, direct and a results driven outcome, then Dr Tran is who you'd want to see.
We've been a patient of Dr Tran's for 2 separate treatment cycles and have always felt like our consults and treatment conversations were personalized. He was always available for questions and concerns outside of appointment times.
Describe the protocols Nam Tran used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Walking into the clinic, I thought for sure we would be doing IVF but after our consultation, ultrasound and fertility vitals, Dr Tran recommended that we start with IUI first since the more %s of increase in chances of being pregnant with IVF vs IUI wasn't worth the exponential extra cost of IVF. For our first treatment cycle, we did two rounds of IUIs. The first round resulted in a miscarriage at 5.5 weeks and the second round results in my now healthy toddler. For our second treatment cycle which was 10 months after giving birth, we did two rounds of IUI. The first round didn't take and the second round resulted in twins which I am currently in the third trimester of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
I worked with multiple nurses at Spring Fertility and all were very responsive and helpful. I hardly ever had to stress about communication or to knowing answers to questions I had during my treatment. I only had 1 confusing situation/encounters which was caused by miscommunication with one of the medical assistants but cleared up with Dr Tran. If I had one critique, it would be with the financial coordinator who didn't always know the answers to some pretty simple questions I had regarding mediation cost and wasn't always prompt in communication response.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Clinic strengths: medical staff, knowledge of the co-founding doctors, the nursing staff and nurse practitioner are also all great, inviting, organized, clean, resourceful as they have medications on hand if you need it in an emergency sense. Weakness: communication with the financial coordinator.
The initial consult was out of pocket which was reasonable. My first two IUI cycles were covered by work and we paid out of pocket for the 2nd two IUI cycles which we found was reasonable as well.
San Francisco
Dr. Tran reviewed our results and agreed that IVF with ICSI was our best path forward. Because my results were all within standard range, he said our chances were relatively high, comparatively -- about 60% chance of conception per cycle. I was put on Menopur and Gonal-F to prepare for the retrieval, and we were able to stay the course without making changes to the protocol as the eggs were progressing as expected...strongly recommended single embryo transfer, and given my age and the risks, I was happy with this approach.
We used ICSI and they grew the embryos to day 6 [at Spring Fertility]. Only two made it to day 6, both of which we chose to send for PGS testing. One came back as normal, the other was "inconclusive." We would have been allowed to either re-test the inconclusive embryo or transfer it without further testing...I was very happy with my primary nurse. She was communicative and extremely helpful when we had some trouble with insurance timing and the medication. I appreciate all her support and patience with us.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
When we first met with Dr. Tran for a consultation, he was very efficient but thorough. He explained our options in a straightforward manner. We received a lot of information that first visit, but we had a fairly clear sense of our path forward, though the question of timing was still a little hard to grasp. We were able to proceed with treatment relatively quickly, and I always felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Tran. I appreciated that I saw him on most visits and that he handled my procedures himself. We had one minor confusion when he told us he thought we could do a transfer before the end of the year, when really January was the actual outcome because of holiday closures, but while that felt frustrating at the time, I'm glad we did the transfer at a time when we could have full access to Dr. Tran and the clinic. On the day of the retrieval, he did a great job putting me at ease, joking about the music playing in the procedure room. We got some bad news after my retrieval - only 2 embryos made it to day 6 out of the original 18 - and Dr. Tran explained that it might be due to the quality of my eggs over the phone. I think that information would have been a little easier to take in person, but I appreciate that he was able to take the time to talk to us about it. While things sometimes felt like they moved quickly with Dr. Tran, I know he's a very experienced doctor with a great track record, so I feel grateful we were able to work with him.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any. Dr. Tran will make time to answer them if he knows you have them.
While Spring was handling a lot of patients, I appreciated the attention from Dr. Tran. He kept appointments short and to-the-point without making me feel like he didn't have time for me -- I appreciated his efficiency as well as his personal approach.
My partner was diagnosed with male factor infertility before coming to Dr. Tran. We were told IVF with ICSI was our best option by the reproductive endocrinologist we had gotten testing with at Kaiser. Dr. Tran reviewed our results and agreed that IVF with ICSI was our best path forward. Because my results were all within standard range, he said our chances were relatively high, comparatively -- about 60% chance of conception per cycle. I was put on Menopur and Gonal-F to prepare for the retrieval, and we were able to stay the course without making changes to the protocol as the eggs were progressing as expected. I did the trigger injections 36 hours before the procedure, and came in for the retrieval, which resulted in 19 eggs, 18 of which made it to the embryo state. We used ICSI and they grew the embryos to day 6. Only two made it to day 6, both of which we chose to send for PGS testing. One came back as normal, the other was "inconclusive." We would have been allowed to either re-test the inconclusive embryo or transfer it without further testing. When the clinic reopened after the holidays, I went on birth control for about two weeks before starting medication (Letrozole then Medrol) to prepare for the transfer. I was not put on progesterone after bloodwork showed I had appropriate levels. I was given Valium to take the day of the transfer, and no further medication after that. I got a positive HCG result about two and half weeks after the transfer and am currently 14 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette Perez)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring is a very nice facility, I appreciate that it's not overwhelmingly clinical in atmosphere. It helped me feel like a person -- the touches like having snacks/drinks in the waiting room, and the running-water feature across from where you get your blood drawn. They're very friendly and accommodating. We struggled a little with our care coordinator at the beginning, and I was a little surprised by how much I had to advocate for myself when I expected a bit more hand-holding -- everything worked out, but I was initially a little frustrated by the confusion, which was mostly around timing. I was generally under the impression that they're growing a lot, quickly, which wonderful, but that some of the early missteps were just a result of that growth. Once I was handed over to the clinical team, everything was very smooth. While it's certainly not a deciding factor, the occasional difficulty of parking is something to be aware of -- at a stressful time, finding out the lot next door is closed or having to circle for spots is just something to account for in understanding the time it'll take to get to the appointments.
Describe Nam Tran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr. Tran strongly recommended single embryo transfer, and given my age and the risks, I was happy with this approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
We had some early confusion about timing for starting our first cycle -- we had a weekend trip planned out of town involving air travel, and because it fell around the time of possible ovulation, we weren't sure if we could start that cycle or not. It just took a bit of back and forth with our care coordinator. I also missed an injection class because I was sent the wrong date. In the scheme of things, these ended up being minor and manageable, they were just painful at the start of my treatment.
San Francisco

Dr. Klatsky is warm and meets each patient where they are. E.g., early on I wanted to leave most things up to him, but as we progressed I got more involved in the data. He is warm and compassionate, and has a quirky sense of humor...he will be candid and forthright...Mid-luteal cycle start for my second cycle as I responded poorly at the first retrieval...is kind, patient, and thorough...He followed up with me when the number of eggs retrieved at my first retrieval was not what we were expecting, with a commitment to figure out what was going on.
Spring is a nice clinic. I appreciate that it felt almost spa-like. For people with grueling work schedules, they are able to see you early morning (e.g., 7 am), and it runs like clockwork at that time. The receptionists are nice and remember your name/face. The early morning flexibility with appointments and the concierge-like service was the most important factor for me in choosing Spring vs. UCSF...Catherine is my patient coordinator, and she is absolutely wonderful in every way. I used to send long lists of questions at the beginning, and she never handled them with anything other than good cheer, a high degree of competence, and utter professionalism. I’m sure her case load must be high, but she is amazing at her job. I feel lucky to be working with her, given how on top of everything she is all the time.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Come armed with knowledge, or as you are - he will be candid and forthright.
Dr. Klatsky is kind, patient, and thorough. He meets everyone where they are - e.g., if you just want the data/facts he’ll do that. But he also cares. He followed up with me when the number of eggs retrieved at my first retrieval was not what we were expecting, with a commitment to figure out what was going on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Catherine Lange )
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
It’s all covered by my company’s insurance.
N/A; haven’t transferred yet
Peter Klatsky
San Francisco

Dr. Harris is the nicest, most empathetic doctor I have ever had. Even with a mask on his smile is contagious. He has so much positive energy which helped me get through everything. He was not excessively optimistic. He helped me to set reasonable or even a little bit low expectations so that I could be prepared for various things that could happen. He took time to answer all the questions I threw at him. It is on you to ask questions though if you are interested in non-essential things. I was amazed how well he kept track of my case while also taking care of many other patients.
All of the nurses that took care of me [at Spring Fertility] were amazing and so nice. I emailed Aubrey so many questions everyday and she was so patient and compassionate and helpful. The nurses in the Redwood City clinic and surgical nurses in SF were great. I couldn't ask for a better team. Both of my cycles were during the COVID lockdown and I still felt like everyone was so warm and professional. No one asked me to write a review, I just had such a good experience with Dr. Harris and the clinic overall that I wanted to say thank you to these awesome heroes!
How was your experience with Isiah Harris at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Harris is super nice. He is also very experienced and sharp. He has a compassionate nature and a good sense of humor. He also helped someone else I know and she said he was amazing with her as well through a long IVF journey.
I think choosing a doctor is personal so you might want to do a consultation with a couple of doctors and then choose which one you felt best with. If you work with Dr. Harris or any doctor I'd say make sure to do some research on IVF so that you can know what questions to ask. Write down your questions and don't hesitate to ask them to your doctor and nurses.
First cycle we did a follicular protocol with Aygestin and ten days of Gonal and Menopur with great results. Second cycle we did a midluteal protocol where you start 5 days after ovulation and twelve days of Gonal and Menopur with even better results. The doctor said he wished he could take credit but there is some randomness in how many follicles your body has each month so unclear how much the protocol helped but I was very happy he could make adjustments based on my first cycle to create a better second cycle and that he was humble about it and how well it worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Aubrey Baker)
All of the nurses that took care of me were amazing and so nice. I emailed Aubrey so many questions everyday and she was so patient and compassionate and helpful. The nurses in the Redwood City clinic and surgical nurses in SF were great. I couldn't ask for a better team. Both of my cycles were during the COVID lockdown and I still felt like everyone was so warm and professional. No one asked me to write a review, I just had such a good experience with Dr. Harris and the clinic overall that I wanted to say thank you to these awesome heroes!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring does a lot of little things that are very nice like letting you email your nurse. They also have a great website with videos about everything including how to do all the shots. They spoiled me with things like they gave me a small box of chocolate when I finished my retrievals. Their clinics are nice and clean and nicely decorated. For me I am near Redwood City so it was not ideal I had to go to SF for weekend appointments and retrieval but it was worth it to me. Since I did have appointments on weekends and on two holidays I ended up seeing some different doctors (Dr. Tran, Dr. Fisher and NP Audrey Krall) but I felt like they very cohesively communicated my case and my instructions with Dr. Harris and my nurse Aubrey Baker. I got a lot of phone calls before and after the retrieval to make sure my questions were answered. They all make up a great team. I think with any clinic you do have to realize that you need to be informed and not expect the nurses or doctors will totally hold your hand on everything. You need to educate yourself about your body, IVF, risks, statistics and options and ask them lots of questions. Keep low/reasonable expectations for everything to minimize bad surprises or disappointment. It is very hard to predict your outcome and the doctors are trying their best but you need to advocate for yourself and raise any concerns. I advise creating a document or notebook for yourself with your plan, your options, your risks, your questions just like you might do for a work project. I recommend therapy or a support group as needed. Part of your plan should be how you will handle all the uncertainty in this process through things like music, art, meditation, friends, movies, time off, baking, etc. It is very hard on your body and your mind.
Redwood City

Mel [nurse at Spring Fertility] was always easy to get ahold of and answered all of my questions. She is also super kind and supportive...Mid-luteal protocol. Apparently Spring has had a lot of success with this protocol, I had not heard of it prior to my treatment at this clinic, and I have to say, I am very happy with it...8 embryos made it to day 5 and of those, five were euploid...For the retrieval, it was approximately $18,000. For transfer, approximately $5-$6,000.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Fisher was the second reproductive endocrinologist I treated with over the course of about a year. I came to him very disheartened by my prior experience - both in the results and the relationship with my prior clinic and provider. Dr. Fisher was very different in every aspect from my prior experience. From the initial visit, he went through different protocols we could try during this egg retrieval to see if we could get better results, he took significant time explaining his thinking, he spent an enormous amount of time explaining medicine to me and assuring me when I was nervous. Dr. Fisher truly cares about his patients, I have not encountered this kind of care routinely and I will always be appreciative.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, Dr. Fisher will take the time to explain until you understand.
Putting aside specifically the treatment many women receive during fertility treatment where they are often treated as a number, Dr. Fisher is just a genuine person. Every interaction with Dr. Fisher it was clear that he not only cared about you as his patient, but that you were an individual and he was thinking of you individually and not as one of many. This was apparent from our countless conversations leading up to the egg retrieval but in also how he thought of my care, it was individualized and not a set protocol used on each women. His bedside manner is A+++.
Mid-luteal protocol. Apparently Spring has had a lot of success with this protocol, I had not heard of it prior to my treatment at this clinic, and I have to say, I am very happy with it. At the prior clinic I treated with, I underwent the antagonist protocol and the same amount of eggs were retrieved as at Spring (in the 20s). But the prior clinic, I only ended up with one embryo after PGS testing (3 were tested but only one was euploid. At Spring, 8 embryos made it to day 5 and of those, five were euploid.
Mel was always easy to get ahold of and answered all of my questions. She is also super kind and supportive.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Over the course of my treatment, I met almost every provider. It was nice to be able to know each doctor personally. However, I could always choose to see Dr. Fisher for all procedures (except the egg retrieval which is more time-sensitive) but felt comfortable with the skills of all the doctors at the clinic.
All of my costs were unfortunately out-of-pocket as Spring does not accept United Healthcare. For the retrieval, it was approximately $18,000. For transfer, approximately $5-$6,000.
Dr. Fisher strongly recommended single embryo transfer and I agreed.
Oakland

Spring has a very strong team. We had a great experience with other Spring fertility doctors who also help along the way, our anesthesiologists, and the whole nursing team from those who drew bloodwork to those who took care of me after egg retrievals and embryo transfers....Anny is caring and detail oriented. She explained the step-by-step procedures clearly and ahead of time so we had adequate preparation.
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
We honestly couldn't have imagined a better experience. Dr. Vaughn is thoughtful, compassionate, professional, and always patiently and meticulously answered all of our questions. She was thoroughly prepared from the start, with slides to walk us through what to expect, presented it in an optimistic manner that was balanced by an honest appraisal, very data-driven but in a way even those without medical background can understand, and never missed the human element, even with the challenge of a virtual consultation amidst the first major wave of COVID-19. Added together this was very reassuring to us as the IVF journey can seem quite intimidating. Dr. Vaughn also planned the treatment according to our needs. At our first appointment, we told her if possible we'd like to plan having more than one child in the future. Based on the first egg retrieval results, she suggested a second one for a more comfortable margin of success given our family planning. Although we had been trying for more than a year and I wanted to be pregnant as soon as possible, we felt comfortable with her advice because she explained in detail the multitude of reasons why this was the smarter choice. After following her plan, we now should have enough healthy embryos.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions. Dr. Vaughn is very patient and she explains everything very clearly. It certainly helps ease a lot of potential anxiety. I remember after my first transfer failed, I asked Dr. Vaughn if we should implant multiple embryos instead of one to increase the chance of success. She told me that not only it will increase the risk of multiple births, it is also possible I’ll lose multiple healthy embryos if my body isn’t well-prepared. My second transfer was successful. Hang in there and don't give up.
I genuinely felt cared for from Dr. Vaughn and the entire team at Spring.
Anny is caring and detail oriented. She explained the step-by-step procedures clearly and ahead of time so we had adequate preparation. Normally she would give us a call first and follow-up immediately with an email.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring has a very strong team. We had a great experience with other Spring fertility doctors who also help along the way, our anesthesiologists, and the whole nursing team from those who drew bloodwork to those who took care of me after egg retrievals and embryo transfers. And there's a pleasant little surprise a day or two after a transfer that goes to show their thoughtfulness from beginning to end and going the extra mile to make patients feel comfortable.
We were very lucky to have our treatments covered by insurance.