6.8

Selling medication is not offered

601 Elmwood Ave
Rochester, NY 14642

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Queenan seemed very knowledgeable and experienced, but lacked the communication I desired in a fertility specialist. I felt rushed during appointments and was not given much time to ask questions, unless I was very aggressive about interjecting to ask my questions. I felt that things could have been explained better throughout the process. Overall, I trusted his clinical judgement for the most part, when it seemed like he was prepared for the appointment, but I would have liked more from our interactions.
[Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester) is] Affiliated with large academic center and quality labs....Office hours on saturday and early mornings before regular work schedule...run more like a machine, less personal during such a personal and emotional process...error when I shipped sperm to the clinic. They accepted the sperm tank and mistakenly stored it under my wife's name, and did not realize, so for about a day they stated they never received my delivery, when I had Fedex confirmation of delivery.
How was your experience with John Queenan at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Queenan at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Come to your appointment prepared. Come with questions written down that you know you want answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Queenan at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
There were very few opportunities to ask questions to the physician. Interactions mostly felt rushed. Frequently, thought processes for decisions were not explained. Overall, it felt more transactional.
Describe the protocols John Queenan used in your cycles at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester) and their degree of success.
I do not have any diagnosed infertility factors, same sex couple. I was given the option of trying a natural cycle first, but opted to use medication and monitoring to increase chances of success. My wife had already undergone 5 unsuccessful medicated cycles, last one which ended in a molar pregnancy. Cycle 1: Clomid 50 mg day 5-9. Ovidrel trigger shot. IUI. Only one mature follicle on the right. No pregnancy achieved. Cycle 2: Clomid 50 mg day 5-9. Ovidrel trigger shot. IUI. Only one mature follicle on the right. No pregnancy achieved. Cycle 3: increased Clomid dose to 100 mg day 5-9. Two mature follicles, one on each ovary. In the middle of the process right now, plan for trigger shot and IUI
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Some nurses were great, knowledgeable and compassionate. Some nurses were poor communicators when using online chart messaging system. Overall, mostly positive experiences with the nurses.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Strengths: Affiliated with large academic center and quality labs. Well-trained physicians. Office hours on saturday and early mornings before regular work schedule. Weaknesses: Clinic run more like a machine, less personal during such a personal and emotional process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Queenan at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
At least $1300.00 for pre-testing, lab work, clinic visits, imaging and medication for the 3 cycles.
Describe John Queenan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
How competent was Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester) at LGBTQ care?
Respectful. Although hard to tell when a lot of the time the person I was interacting with wasn't even aware of my situation (same-sex couple) and likely had not read my chart.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
I used donor sperm which I shipped to the fertility center from the sperm bank, and stored by the fertility center's lab. I did not have problems with this process.
What specific things went wrong at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
I had an error when I shipped sperm to the clinic. They accepted the sperm tank and mistakenly stored it under my wife's name, and did not realize, so for about a day they stated they never received my delivery, when I had Fedex confirmation of delivery. It was ultimately resolved and corrected. I have had occasions of NP/PAs forgetting to send in prescriptions to the pharmacy for my next cycle.

2021 - 2022, Successful
3 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Masaba has been great! She has taken the time to read through my chart and be very thorough. She has listened to my concerns and expressed underdstanding and helped me to get more testing and find a diagnosis of endometriosis. She also took into consideration the side effects I was dealing with from the medication and made changes to help me be more comfortable.
I have appreciated that everyone has been required to wear a mask [at Strong Fertility Center], patients and staff, thruoghout covid...it can be challenging to have the excitement of wanting to start treatment and have to wait to get on the schedule then suddenly it feels like everything is moving quickly so my advice to new patients is to have patience and be prepared for the roller coaster of appointments and emotions.
How was your experience with Erin Masaba at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Dr. Masaba made sure I was comfortable every step of the way. She allowed me to ask lots of questions even if it went over the time alloted for our appointment. She made me feel like I matter and my outcomes matter to her. She has been open about giving me her opinion when I have asked and has provided the guidance and explainations I need.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erin Masaba at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Dr. Masaba is more than just a doctor with a clinical opinion, she has experience and a welath of knowledge and background that allows her to provide answers from different perspectives. Dr. Masaba actually listens and hears what I have to say and makes adjustments based on my feedback as well as the data.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erin Masaba at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
The nursing staff is excellent! They are kind, compassionate, and explain everything even after egg retrievals when I wasn't able to comprehend and they put it all in my online chart so I can read it again later. The only challenge I have had with the nurses is that sometimes some of the nurses have had difficulty drawing my blood and have left some nasty bruises.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
I have appreciated that everyone has been required to wear a mask, patients and staff, thruoghout covid. The only time this was not in place was when I had an appointment with Dr. Queenan, he took his mask off and coughed on me. I expressed my concerns to the office manager and I am not sure they were taken seriously. It can be challenging to have the excitement of wanting to start treatment and have to wait to get on the schedule then suddenly it feels like everything is moving quickly so my advice to new patients is to have patience and be prepared for the roller coaster of appointments and emotions.
Describe Erin Masaba's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
My previous doctor told me only one embryo could be transfered because of protocols at the clinic, when I transfered to Dr. Masaba she was willing to explain the risks and benefits and allow me to make the decision to transfer two embryos at once.
What specific things went wrong at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
I had issues with my previous doctor, Dr. Alur Gupta, she did not read my chart and was not up to date on where I was in my cycles for my appointments. She failed to listen to my concerns, take my concerns seriously, listen to what I wanted or respect my wishes.

2020 - 2021, Unsuccessful
1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
The clinic has been good about following covid protocols and having patients and staff masked at all times...I have been attending the fertility center throughout covid and have felt safe...The nursing staff at Strong Fertility Center is excellent, they are kind, compassionate, and friendly. The only trouble I had with the nurses was that sometimes they were unable to draw my blood and would leave nasty bruises.
How was your experience with Snigdha Alur-Gupta at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Dr. Alur-Gupta did not treat me as if she cared about me or my outcomes. She did not provide information when requested and did not read my chart or pay attention to what procedures I had or what my conditions were. She did not listen to me about my concers or anything else. It was a very bad experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Snigdha Alur-Gupta at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Do not allow Strong Fertility Center to put you in as her patient she is not a good doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Snigdha Alur-Gupta at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Dr. Alur Gupta did not read my chart and provided me with the wrong information during an appointment, she did not realize I had already received my PGTA testing results (from her) in a previous visit, had another embryo transfer, and had an extremely high and concerning (even to her once I informed her) blood pressure during the transfer. She did not listen to me, my concerns, my requests. I specifically asked from my very first appointment about everything I can do to make it successful and she would only give me suggestions after each failure rather than all at once. When she made those suggestions she was unaware that half of them were already being done as I had explained to her in previous visits. All of the suggestions I made from my online research were ignored and dismissed. My request to transfer more than one embryo was denied and the explaination was fertility center policy, however, once I switched to a different doctor I was allowed to transfer more than one without any changes in policies or circumstances.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
The clinic has been good about following covid protocols and having patients and staff masked at all times, with the exception of Dr. Queenan who took his mask off and coughed on me. I have been attending the fertility center throughout covid and have felt safe.
Describe Snigdha Alur-Gupta's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Dr. Alur-Gupta would not allow me to transfer more than one embryo and sited fertility center policy, however, when I transfered to Dr. Masaba, I was allowed to transfer more than one embryo without any changes to fertility center policies or my circumstances.
What specific things went wrong at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Dr. Alur-Gupta met with me for an apppointment about a failed transfer and had not read my chart and began explaining the results of my PGTA testing which we had an appointment about prior to my transfer. She was not open to listening to my concerns or hearing my ideas and was dismissive and inattentive to my needs.
Snigdha Alur-Gupta
Rochester

she [Dr. Erin Masaba] is straight forward, very smart, and explains everything. She shares her experiences and give her best course of action. She is open to questions and is willing to make changes if needed/requested...She’s very friendly and very knowledgeable. I’ve never had a doctor more receptive to questioning her plan of action. She’s ready with a great explanation, and is willing to adjust things accordingly. She is not dismissive.
During my diagnostic [with Dr. Erin Masaba at Strong Fertility], we discovered I have trouble with follicle growth and ovulating on my own. So we started with a plan of clomid, trigger shot, and IUI. Before we started my first cycle I did a lot of research on clomid with PCOS patients. Many end up switching to Letrezole anyway. When I questioned why she didn’t put me on Letezole first- she ended up deciding to switch my plan. Both accomplish the same goal and have similar side effects. She saw no medical reason not to switch it, and I’ve been responding well. I’ve had follicle growth on both medicated cycles.
Again, she is straight forward, very smart, and explains everything. She shares her experiences and give her best course of action. She is open to questions and is willing to make changes if needed/requested.
Use the MyChart app, but try to ask all you questions in one shot. She is great about taking time to answer your questions, but it’s hard on the doctors to have a ton of back and forth. She’s very friendly and very knowledgeable. I’ve never had a doctor more receptive to questioning her plan of action. She’s ready with a great explanation, and is willing to adjust things accordingly. She is not dismissive.
Erin takes the time to message you back when the answer requires explanation. When you’re in a consultation with her, she does not rush you and never looks at the clock. She is straight forward but takes the time to check in emotionally. She gives her opion and proffered plan, but opens it up to changes if that’s what make me comfortable.
Describe the protocols Erin Masaba used in your cycles at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester) and their degree of success.
During my diagnostic, we discovered I have trouble with follicle growth and ovulating on my own. So we started with a plan of clomid, trigger shot, and IUI. Before we started my first cycle I did a lot of research on clomid with PCOS patients. Many end up switching to Letrezole anyway. When I questioned why she didn’t put me on Letezole first- she ended up deciding to switch my plan. Both accomplish the same goal and have similar side effects. She saw no medical reason not to switch it, and I’ve been responding well. I’ve had follicle growth on both medicated cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester). (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
The nursing staff is extremely well organized and caring, despite a very busy schedule. Although they have to keep moving through patients, they do take the time is you have extra questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Strong Fertility has very kind and organized staff. They are knowledgeable and always follow up same day with blood results and questions. I feel that my doctor and nurses really know wht they are doing, and o eat the fee that they try to help as many people as possible.
2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
She is incredibly knowledable, always one step ahead and ready to answer whatever questions I had. I feel very cared for and like she is honest without being rude. I wish her schedule wasn't so busy and I could get in for consultations more quickly though.... Let her take the lead. Don't stress too much about what ifs and what's next. She tells you what you need to know when you need to know it
Receptionists [at Strong Fertility Center] are amazing, most nurses are too. Doctors are really nice. The clinic is nice. Overall a great experience... Most of the nurses are absolutely spectacular. A couple are far from that. One who primarily does blood draws is always rushing and dropping stuff. She comes off as rude and can never draw my blood. I leave with several pricks and brushing all over my arms and hands. One other nurse is nice but lacks social skills. She talks in circles and honestly drives me insane. The rest are phenomenal
How was your experience with Kathleen Hoeger at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Hoeger at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Hoeger at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Everyone has always been sensitive to my needs, shown empathy
Describe the protocols Kathleen Hoeger used in your cycles at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester) and their degree of success.
Started with clomid and ovidrel to help me grow eggs and ovulate, combined with IUIs cycles to maximize the chances of conception. No success so moved on to injectables. More eggs and better quality. I also take steroids. Diagnosed with congenital adrenal hyperplasia and the steroids power my androgen levels. Steroids also reduce risk of miscarriage. I take endometrin 3 x day to lengthen my cycle to increase chances of implantation. Recurrent miscarriage led to testing and found I have blood clotting disorder so I also take lovenox shots for an anticoagulant.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Receptionists are amazing, most nurses are too. Doctors are really nice. The clinic is nice. Overall a great experience
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Hoeger at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
I have a $40 copay for every visit. I do not know pre insurance costs
What specific things went wrong at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Conflicting information about meds twice. One time I was told the folistim shot measured the same way as gonal f does with taking part of a dose when it empties and knowing how much you need to take to do your full dose. Had to call on call doctor and estimate for how much to take from the next vial. One time when told to alternate endometrin and another progesterone (can't remember the name) it was supposed to be 2 of one and 1 of the other but they told me the opposite. Also one time I was told to stop taking progesterone when I was supposed to continue
Kathleen Hoeger

2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Although she [Dr. Masaba] was nice when I was her, I seldom saw her other than the consultations and when I actually got pregnant. I will say she is understanding when it comes to the emotional and financial toll infertility can take on a couple.... At first we did just chlomid then switched to letrizole and intercourse. I got pregnant but miscarried and after that appointment I stated I wanted to do iui instead and I thankfully got pregnant my first iui and had a healthy baby girl. I came back for hopefully a second try and immediately started with iui and did 5 with no success.
The positives is that it can be successful which I think is the main goal (myself and people I know have had children thanks to them [Strong Fertility Center]). Negative is that it’s very busy and rushed at times. I feel like it’s not personal treatment plans that it’s very direct this is what happens no matter what the situation.... Nurse Deb worzinger was so great in communicating what was to expect and having compassion with patients... Dr massaba has good bedside manner but also understands
Although she was nice when I was her, I seldom saw her other than the consultations and when I actually got pregnant. I will say she is understanding when it comes to the emotional and financial toll infertility can take on a couple.
Don’t expect to see her often but the nurses were incredibly nice
Dr massaba has good bedside manner but also understands the toll emotionally and financially infertility takes.
At first we did just chlomid then switched to letrizole and intercourse. I got pregnant but miscarried and after that appointment I stated I wanted to do iui instead and I thankfully got pregnant my first iui and had a healthy baby girl. I came back for hopefully a second try and immediately started with iui and did 5 with no success. Started with injections and still no success
Describe your experience with your nurse at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester). (Assigned nurse: Deb worzinger)
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
The positives is that it can be successful which I think is the main goal (myself and people I know have had children thanks to them). Negative is that it’s very busy and rushed at times. I feel like it’s not personal treatment plans that it’s very direct this is what happens no matter what the situation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erin Masaba at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Thankfully my insurance covers infertility iui treatments so I paid a $40 copay every visit
Rochester

She is very understanding. She allowed me to do appointments over the phone as I live 2 hours away from their office. Dr.Masaba is very compassionate and is willing to answer any and all questions that I have...I have had 4 IUIs since being under her treatment. We have only changed my meds once. I am not sure if anything should have been changed. I’m trusting her and her decisions... When I had mine [IUI] done, it was done by a nurse, not a doctor.
The facility [Strong Fertility] itself is very nice and warming. It helped make me be not so nervous. The doctors and nurses are very nice and caring. At times, I had to push the nurse to change a med that was a little cheaper but they will try different options to help you out....An IUI at their clinic, with a discount, costed me $288 out of pocket... you communicate more with the nurses than the doctor at times. The nurses are good at communicating and getting back to you but usually only call at the end of the day.
At this office, you communicate more with the nurses than the doctor at times. The nurses are good at communicating and getting back to you but usually only call at the end of the day. This is fine, but it would be nice for them to explain that to me in the beginning. I figured it out a few weeks into treatment when finally one of the nurses said they do their calls at the end of the day when their phones are turned off. Some of them do IUIs. When I had mine done, it was done by a nurse, not a doctor. The nurses that I have dealt with this far have been great and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
The facility itself is very nice and warming. It helped make me be not so nervous. The doctors and nurses are very nice and caring. At times, I had to push the nurse to change a med that was a little cheaper but they will try different options to help you out.
An IUI at their clinic, with a discount, costed me $288 out of pocket

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr.B [Bhagavath] always reviewed my case thoroughly and made sure to give me all my options. He does not leave out details that might be scary as he wants me to be fully informed...He is very up front about what he thinks is the best course of action and explains why. I had laparoscopic surgery to remove endometriosis and provided all the risks and reasons why it was advised. He does talk a little fast sometimes but if I ask him to repeat it’s not a problem.
The staff at Strong Fertility Center is truly amazing. They make every effort to keep you informed. Some of the staff even went above and beyond to help sort out a medication prescription issue with my pharmacy. They answer any and all questions without making me feel silly. They make me comfortable that I am in the right hands....They are on top of everything. I am always well informed of appointments, procedures and medications. They work tirelessly to help on this journey to hopefully become a parent. They are professional and really caring.
How was your experience with Bala Bhagavath at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bala Bhagavath at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Keep an open mind and trust that he has your best interest at heart.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bala Bhagavath at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Dr.B always reviewed my case thoroughly and made sure to give me all my options. He does not leave out details that might be scary as he wants me to be fully informed.
Describe the protocols Bala Bhagavath used in your cycles at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester) and their degree of success.
I underwent laparoscopic surgery twice (one exploratory) for endometriosis. It was done to improve my chances of conceiving and worked once. He upped my dose of letrozole when needed and it produced great follicles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester). (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bala Bhagavath at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
The most costly thing was my surgeries. Most of the procedures/labs/office visits were covered by insurance.
Bala Bhagavath
Rochester
He [Dr. Queenan] answered our questions as a doctor but also included his personal opinion when asked. He was responsive to our wants during our cycles as well...He is knowledgeable and trustworthy. He is strong in his convictions related to fertility treatment but is open to hearing your thoughts and ideas. He has a calmness about him that benefits the clients he interacts with...With unexplained infertility, we went with very “classic” treatment approaches using the least amount of medication possible. Dr Q is very conservative with his use of medications.
They [nursing staff at Strong Fertility Center] are knowledgeable and efficient; however, they see so many individuals throughout the day they do seem rushed...My IVF cycle package cost $6500 (one egg retrieval and two transfers). I spent an extra $4500 on PGS testing and $4000 on medications. I also spent $1500 on FET medications...The clinic is extremely efficient. The downside is they see so many patients in one day it can be easy to feel like a number. They always called when they said they would and returned my calls within a timely manner.
He will answer any question asked of him, just make sure you come with them ready to ask!
He answered our questions as a doctor but also included his personal opinion when asked. He was responsive to our wants during our cycles as well.
They are knowledgeable and efficient; however, they see so many individuals throughout the day they do seem rushed.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
He very, very strongly believes is eSET. He warned us about the risks of transferring more than one embryo on multiple occasions. We are thankful we only transferred one embryo, as our one embryo split and we are having identical twins.
Rochester
[Dr. Queenan is] quite friendly...is very knowledgeable. I trust him. However, he tends not to listen to his patents. For example, from the first appointment, I told him I thought I had implantation issues, because I had no problem of ovulation, and my cycle is very accurate. He did not listen to me, and suggested four cycles of IUI. They all failed. Then we went further with IVF, and before the procedure, they finally found I had polyps in my uterus. So my polyps were removed, and we had a successful pregnancy. I am not sure if they found the polyps at the first time, if we would still need IVF.
They [nurses at Strong Fertility Center] were nice and professional...We spent $4000 on PGS...They [staff] are very knowledgeable, and they care about their patients. However, I feel like sometimes they are too confident, and tend not to listen to their patients. I was a textbook case, so I had a success with their treatment. However, sometimes I wonder if they believed what I said (I told them I had implantation issues, and they did not believe), and fixed my implantation issues, if we still needed IVF which is stressful and painful.
Dr. Queenan is very knowledgeable. I trust him. However, he tends not to listen to his patents. For example, from the first appointment, I told him I thought I had implantation issues, because I had no problem of ovulation, and my cycle is very accurate. He did not listen to me, and suggested four cycles of IUI. They all failed. Then we went further with IVF, and before the procedure, they finally found I had polyps in my uterus. So my polyps were removed, and we had a successful pregnancy. I am not sure if they found the polyps at the first time, if we would still need IVF.
Dr. Queenan and the staff were quite friendly.
They were nice and professional.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
They are very knowledgeable, and they care about their patients. However, I feel like sometimes they are too confident, and tend not to listen to their patients. I was a textbook case, so I had a success with their treatment. However, sometimes I wonder if they believed what I said (I told them I had implantation issues, and they did not believe), and fixed my implantation issues, if we still needed IVF which is stressful and painful.
We spent $4000 on PGS, and the insurance covered the other cost. We are lucky to have good insurance.
Dr. Queenan highly recommended eSET. We did PGS, and transferred one single embryo. It was successful. I read some studies before eSET, and I believe this is the best option for us.

2019, Consult
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Bedside manner is quirky. Makes it evident he [Dr. Queenan] is insecure to be asked questions by patients. Condescending tone when questions asked. As he stated “ I like to hear my own voice, you just listen”. This was very off putting. ... Physician stated he has lots of patients and therefore could not remember who we are or our story was. ... He is a good fit if you prefer a hierarchical physician- patient relationship
The clinic [Strong Fertility Center] offers free support groups and counseling with LMHC. It is centrally located. Front end staff are very pleasant and kind. Nurse Practitioners also very helpful ... She [nurse] is very organized and explains everything in great detail. She demonstrates compassion and understanding on this difficulty Journey ... An option [eset] is not provided and we were told one would be inserted
Bedside manner is quirky. Makes it evident he is insecure to be asked questions by patients. Condescending tone when questions asked. As he stated “ I like to hear my own voice, you just listen”. This was very off putting.
He is a good fit if you prefer a hierarchical physician- patient relationship
Plan for Mock cycle. Then will do donor eggs— our choice of frozen from national bank or anonymous fresh donor from clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester). (Assigned nurse: Kaitlin)
She is very organized and explains everything in great detail. She demonstrates compassion and understanding on this difficulty Journey
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
There was a Reasonable wait time to get an initial consult. The clinic offers free support groups and counseling with LMHC. It is centrally located. Front end staff are very pleasant and kind. Nurse Practitioners also very helpful
22,000 inclusive for third party reproduction with donor eggs
An option is not provided and we were told one would be inserted
Rochester
He's [Dr John Queenan] pretty good about introducing himself, tries to be conversational and resorts to a jokey humor that is distracting. His procedures tend to be more painful than with other doctors. That is to say I think he could be more gentle...Did a couple cycles because the first batch of donor eggs was a failure. They required a mock cycle to get the treatment right. Resulted in adding a thyroid medication for the real cycle. They always claimed they had to follow the protocols required by the egg bank which made me think they sometimes couldn't change things even if they wanted to.
The intake nurses [at Strong Fertility Center in Rochester] can be very gruff, they rarely introduce themselves. The paperwork is confusing and uses medical lingo. You have to ask them to use lay language sometimes....paid out of pocket for donor eggs $10k. Remaining IVF procedures covered under insurance....He's [Dr. John Queenan] pretty good about introducing himself, tries to be conversational and resorts to a jokey humor that is distratcting. His procedures tend to be more painful than with other doctors. That is to say I think he could be more gentle.
He's pretty good about introducing himself, tries to be conversational and resorts to a jokey humor that is distratcting. His procedures tend to be more painful than with other doctors. That is to say I think he could be more gentle.
He has a big personality - it can be distracting.
He seems to care. He's super busy and seems a bit ditzy though.
The care structure isn't clear at the beginning. It is confusing to figure out with whom you should speak with.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
The intake nurses can be very gruff, they rarely introduce themselves. The paperwork is confusing and uses medical lingo. You have to ask them to use lay language sometimes.
Paid out of pocket for donor eggs $10k. Remaining IVF procedures covered under insurance.