6.8

Selling medication is not offered

601 Elmwood Ave
Rochester, NY 14642

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr.B [Bhagavath] always reviewed my case thoroughly and made sure to give me all my options. He does not leave out details that might be scary as he wants me to be fully informed...He is very up front about what he thinks is the best course of action and explains why. I had laparoscopic surgery to remove endometriosis and provided all the risks and reasons why it was advised. He does talk a little fast sometimes but if I ask him to repeat it’s not a problem.
The staff at Strong Fertility Center is truly amazing. They make every effort to keep you informed. Some of the staff even went above and beyond to help sort out a medication prescription issue with my pharmacy. They answer any and all questions without making me feel silly. They make me comfortable that I am in the right hands....They are on top of everything. I am always well informed of appointments, procedures and medications. They work tirelessly to help on this journey to hopefully become a parent. They are professional and really caring.
How was your experience with Bala Bhagavath at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bala Bhagavath at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Keep an open mind and trust that he has your best interest at heart.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bala Bhagavath at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Dr.B always reviewed my case thoroughly and made sure to give me all my options. He does not leave out details that might be scary as he wants me to be fully informed.
Describe the protocols Bala Bhagavath used in your cycles at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester) and their degree of success.
I underwent laparoscopic surgery twice (one exploratory) for endometriosis. It was done to improve my chances of conceiving and worked once. He upped my dose of letrozole when needed and it produced great follicles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester). (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bala Bhagavath at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
The most costly thing was my surgeries. Most of the procedures/labs/office visits were covered by insurance.
Bala Bhagavath
Rochester

Dr. Vitek made me feel comfortable, safe and secure during the procedure. She modified my treatment plan as I was visiting from out of state for the summer and was willing to work with me in any and all ways. She was gentle and kind throughout...I used Clomid 50mg to increase egg production and timed IUI. All of my tests are normal therefore the protocol was basic. I was not successful this cycle.
Strong Infertility was a wonderful clinic for me. I am currently taking a break from treatment but plan to continue with them when I start again. The environment was comfortable, clean and calming. I felt a decrease in anxiety and stress when transferring my treatment to this team...The staff at Strong Infertility was efficient, organized and compassionate. My nursing time took an incredible amount of time to walk me through the process and ensure that I knew all of the steps and procedures.
How was your experience with Wendy Vitek at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wendy Vitek at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Ask questions and do your research as you should during this process with any RE.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wendy Vitek at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Dr. Vitek was very warm, supportive and personable. She engaged and communicated gently and effectively with my significant other and I.
Describe the protocols Wendy Vitek used in your cycles at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wendy Vitek at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
IUI was approximately 400 with sperm isolation. Consultation was approximatelly 100.
Describe Wendy Vitek's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
I did not use this method.

Investor
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Vitek is very knowledgeable and compassionate although I feel she could have been more direct. For example I didn’t realize how low my AMH was and how it could impact getting pregnant. I saw in Dr. Vitek’s notes later on that she recommended being aggressive given my low AMH but she never expressed this concern with me directly. ... We did two rounds of clomid then because my AMH was low Dr. Vitek rexommened jumping into IVF
Strong [Fertility Center] is the best of the best when it comes to their facility and latest technology. However, they did not do a good job communicating costs. For example I was told a round of IVF would be covered under my insurance. I ended up paying close to 10k out of pocket which was not expected. ... The nurses felt like family to me. They were SO kind and compassionate.
Dr. Vitek is very knowledgeable and compassionate although I feel she could have been more direct. For example I didn’t realize how low my AMH was and how it could impact getting pregnant. I saw in Dr. Vitek’s notes later on that she recommended being aggressive given my low AMH but she never expressed this concern with me directly. However I would still recommend Dr. Vitek.
Ask blunt questions
I felt Dr. Vitek genuinely cared about me
We did two rounds of clomid then because my AMH was low Dr. Vitek rexommened jumping into IVF which I agreed with.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
The nurses felt like family to me. They were SO kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Strong is the best of the best when it comes to their facility and latest technology. However, they did not do a good job communicating costs. For example I was told a round of IVF would be covered under my insurance. I ended up paying close to 10k out of pocket which was not expected.
I had insurance that covered some of the costs of clomid and IVF fresh transfer but I ended up paying 10k out of pocket
Rochester
She [Dr. Erin Masaba] was friendly and warm. She took time to answer all my questions and make me feel comfortable. I do wish I had seen her at more appointments. She did not perform my egg retrieval or transfer. After we started the IVF process I did not see her again.... The nurses [at Strong Fertility Center- Univ of Rochester]were great and I always Felt well taken care of... There was a doctor who performed one of my ultrasounds that was very cold and I requested not to see him again. He was very discouraging and I cried The entire way home from this appointment.
The nurses [at Strong Fertility Center- Univ of Rochester]were great and I always Felt well taken care of... There was a doctor who performed one of my ultrasounds that was very cold and I requested not to see him again. He was very discouraging and I cried The entire way home from this appointment. I do Not believe he should have access to other doctors patients with the attitude he has.
How was your experience with Erin Masaba at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
She was friendly and warm. She took time to answer all my questions and make me feel comfortable. I do wish I had seen her at more appointments. She did not perform my egg retrieval or transfer. After we started the IVF process I did not see her again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erin Masaba at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Skip IUI and save money.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erin Masaba at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
I never felt like a number. De. Masaba was great.
The nurses were great and I always Felt well taken care of
Erin Masaba

2014 - 2017, Successful
I loved working with Dr B. [Bala Bhagavath] He thoroughly explained every step and our chances of conceiving and was open and honest if he didn’t think something had a good chance of working if we wanted to try it anyways. He seemed invested in his patients and was happy for their success and disappointed if something turned out negatively.
One of my frozen embryo transfers [at Strong Fertility] was canceled due to a bad response to the medications. My body stopped responding to the meds so they decided to cancel the protocol and start over with a different drug. Somehow my canceled transfer never got relayed to the lab and the embryologist accidentally thawed the embryo I had originally planned on transferring. My doctor called me with this news and explained what happened and told me this had never happened before and they were able to re-freeze the embryo and he was 99% sure it was fine. I ended up deciding to transfer that embryo and another one for my next transfer and only one stuck. I’ll never know if it was because one was frozen twice and thawed by accident.
I loved working with Dr B. He thoroughly explained every step and our chances of conceiving and was open and honest if he didn’t think something had a good chance of working if we wanted to try it anyways. He seemed invested in his patients and was happy for their success and disappointed if something turned out negatively.
Trust the process.
Personal phone calls from my doctor with good or bad news. Always responsive to my emails with questions. Took the time during appointments to answer questions and explain everything to me.
With having PCOS, I had to stim slow and steady to avoid “frying” my eggs. I produced a lot of eggs during my IVF egg retrieval but not all were good quality, which is to be expected with PCOS. He recommended we do ICSI since my husband also had low sperm count and low motility. All of our 24 mature eggs fertilized and by day 5 we only had 5 embryos to freeze. We had to do a “freeze all” because my progesterone shot up and Dr B explained how that could increase any risk if I did get pregnant from a transfer. So we let my body and hormones get a rest and prepared for a frozen embryo transfer. I had thin lining issues and my first transfer got pushed back about 5 days due to an increase of estrogen and it ended up working out last minute.
Most were good communicators and able to work with last minute scheduling conflicts since you’re needing to be seen almost daily but don’t know exactly when until you are seen. Good with follow up calls and detailed information with your results and next steps.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Strength: usually timely, never had to wait too long to be seen, not overbooked. Detailed plans, happy to answer any questions and provide more information. Weakness: could be slightly more organized but not a big weakness of theirs.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Quick, efficient and detailed.
We were very fortunate and had some insurance coverage. We still had to pay thousands of dollars but it could have been worse.
Describe Bala Bhagavath's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
He recommended we transfer one embryo at a time. We did not listen to his advice and of the two transfers we did, we transferred 4 embryos (2 each time) and both times had a singleton pregnancy.
What specific things went wrong at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
One of my frozen embryo transfers was canceled due to a bad response to the medications. My body stopped responding to the meds so they decided to cancel the protocol and start over with a different drug. Somehow my canceled transfer never got relayed to the lab and the embryologist accidentally thawed the embryo I had originally planned on transferring. My doctor called me with this news and explained what happened and told me this had never happened before and they were able to re-freeze the embryo and he was 99% sure it was fine. I ended up deciding to transfer that embryo and another one for my next transfer and only one stuck. I’ll never know if it was because one was frozen twice and thawed by accident.
Bala Bhagavath
Rochester

My Fallopian tube spasmd during my HSG and the Dr that preformed it told him that, but Dr. Queenan refused to listen. He said I needed another HSG, and a tubal cannulation, and after that he wanted to do Femara, with trigger shot, and IUI even though my husband has perfect sperm. We said we couldn’t afford it (the HSG alone was $300+) and I asked if we could try Femara alone. He became very irritated and said no.
The clinic [Strong Fertility Center] was very clean, and modern. The waiting room was nice and very spacious (so you didn’t have to sit on top of other nervous people!) It did take almost 3 months to get an appointment though.... After my appointments the nurse would come in and explain things again which was nice. They do have a phlebotomist there who is horrible. She insisted I had terrible veins and took my blood from my hand. And every time I had blood drawn from her it was very painful. I’ve never had any issues with having my blood drawn before I met her.
How was your experience with John Queenan at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
After my HSG showed inconclusive results he refused to listen to me and the dr that performed the test. He saw what he wanted to see and he pushed for expensive treatments that weren’t needed. When we refused and asked for other options/tests he refused to help us further.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Queenan at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
If you’re a text book case and everything goes to plan he will probably be great. But when something isn’t quite text book he doesn’t seem to know what to do. Everything is by the book and he refuses to offer anything outside the box.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Queenan at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
He didn’t seem to take my husband and I seriously since we were so young. He kept saying “well you’re young... etc.”
Describe the protocols John Queenan used in your cycles at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
The clinic was very clean, and modern. The waiting room was nice and very spacious (so you didn’t have to sit on top of other nervous people!) It did take almost 3 months to get an appointment though.
Rochester

[Dr. Masaba's] communication was wonderful, the directions were very clear and she actually cared enough about myself and my husband to get us through it all...I was able to call or write her any time I had a question. She had great bedside manner and was very punctual.
[The Strong Fertility Center is] always booked so getting a new patient appointment was rough. Once I got in they were flexible with your schedule and even offered weekend hours. It is a friendly office space and they do blood draws on site which is nice
Although I didnt see her every visit, and there were times I had other doctors, the directions were always clear to what needed to be done. I was able to call or write her any time I had a question. She had great bedside manner and was very punctual. She communicated everything and why we were having what test every time I saw her. I cant wait to work with her again.
Call ahead because shes a popular doctor and worth any wait you would have getting in!
I was a human because by the time I left my first appointment the communication was wonderful, the directions were very clear and she actually cared enough about myself and my husband to get us through it all
Describe the protocols Erin Masaba used in your cycles at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester) and their degree of success.
We started with timed intercourse after blood work and seman analysis were done. Once we pinned down the issues we did 2 clomid medicated cycles. One with intercourse the other with iui injection. Neither of those worked so we did 3 more iui injections with Gonal F for me, and clomid for my husband to boost his sperm. The third time took! We did increase the doses of the gonal f as time went on until our positive.
Everyone of them greeted you with a smile, and were always friendly. They worked with you if you needed to get in at a different time and always had such empathy if you had a negative test. It's like they were your full support system. And they made the every 3 day blood draws very smooth!
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
They are always booked so getting a new patient appointment was rough. Once I got in they were flexible with your schedule and even offered weekend hours. It is a friendly office space and they do blood draws on site which is nice so you dont have to go all over the place.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erin Masaba at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
My insurance covered a lot so I was only paying 25 dollar copays. I know iui averages around 3000 there?
Erin Masaba
2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
She is incredibly knowledable, always one step ahead and ready to answer whatever questions I had. I feel very cared for and like she is honest without being rude. I wish her schedule wasn't so busy and I could get in for consultations more quickly though.... Let her take the lead. Don't stress too much about what ifs and what's next. She tells you what you need to know when you need to know it
Receptionists [at Strong Fertility Center] are amazing, most nurses are too. Doctors are really nice. The clinic is nice. Overall a great experience... Most of the nurses are absolutely spectacular. A couple are far from that. One who primarily does blood draws is always rushing and dropping stuff. She comes off as rude and can never draw my blood. I leave with several pricks and brushing all over my arms and hands. One other nurse is nice but lacks social skills. She talks in circles and honestly drives me insane. The rest are phenomenal
How was your experience with Kathleen Hoeger at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Hoeger at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Hoeger at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Everyone has always been sensitive to my needs, shown empathy
Describe the protocols Kathleen Hoeger used in your cycles at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester) and their degree of success.
Started with clomid and ovidrel to help me grow eggs and ovulate, combined with IUIs cycles to maximize the chances of conception. No success so moved on to injectables. More eggs and better quality. I also take steroids. Diagnosed with congenital adrenal hyperplasia and the steroids power my androgen levels. Steroids also reduce risk of miscarriage. I take endometrin 3 x day to lengthen my cycle to increase chances of implantation. Recurrent miscarriage led to testing and found I have blood clotting disorder so I also take lovenox shots for an anticoagulant.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Receptionists are amazing, most nurses are too. Doctors are really nice. The clinic is nice. Overall a great experience
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Hoeger at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
I have a $40 copay for every visit. I do not know pre insurance costs
What specific things went wrong at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Conflicting information about meds twice. One time I was told the folistim shot measured the same way as gonal f does with taking part of a dose when it empties and knowing how much you need to take to do your full dose. Had to call on call doctor and estimate for how much to take from the next vial. One time when told to alternate endometrin and another progesterone (can't remember the name) it was supposed to be 2 of one and 1 of the other but they told me the opposite. Also one time I was told to stop taking progesterone when I was supposed to continue
Kathleen Hoeger
Rochester
He [Dr. Queenan] answered our questions as a doctor but also included his personal opinion when asked. He was responsive to our wants during our cycles as well...He is knowledgeable and trustworthy. He is strong in his convictions related to fertility treatment but is open to hearing your thoughts and ideas. He has a calmness about him that benefits the clients he interacts with...With unexplained infertility, we went with very “classic” treatment approaches using the least amount of medication possible. Dr Q is very conservative with his use of medications.
They [nursing staff at Strong Fertility Center] are knowledgeable and efficient; however, they see so many individuals throughout the day they do seem rushed...My IVF cycle package cost $6500 (one egg retrieval and two transfers). I spent an extra $4500 on PGS testing and $4000 on medications. I also spent $1500 on FET medications...The clinic is extremely efficient. The downside is they see so many patients in one day it can be easy to feel like a number. They always called when they said they would and returned my calls within a timely manner.
He will answer any question asked of him, just make sure you come with them ready to ask!
He answered our questions as a doctor but also included his personal opinion when asked. He was responsive to our wants during our cycles as well.
They are knowledgeable and efficient; however, they see so many individuals throughout the day they do seem rushed.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Queenan at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Describe John Queenan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
He very, very strongly believes is eSET. He warned us about the risks of transferring more than one embryo on multiple occasions. We are thankful we only transferred one embryo, as our one embryo split and we are having identical twins.
Rochester
[Dr. Queenan is] quite friendly...is very knowledgeable. I trust him. However, he tends not to listen to his patents. For example, from the first appointment, I told him I thought I had implantation issues, because I had no problem of ovulation, and my cycle is very accurate. He did not listen to me, and suggested four cycles of IUI. They all failed. Then we went further with IVF, and before the procedure, they finally found I had polyps in my uterus. So my polyps were removed, and we had a successful pregnancy. I am not sure if they found the polyps at the first time, if we would still need IVF.
They [nurses at Strong Fertility Center] were nice and professional...We spent $4000 on PGS...They [staff] are very knowledgeable, and they care about their patients. However, I feel like sometimes they are too confident, and tend not to listen to their patients. I was a textbook case, so I had a success with their treatment. However, sometimes I wonder if they believed what I said (I told them I had implantation issues, and they did not believe), and fixed my implantation issues, if we still needed IVF which is stressful and painful.
Dr. Queenan is very knowledgeable. I trust him. However, he tends not to listen to his patents. For example, from the first appointment, I told him I thought I had implantation issues, because I had no problem of ovulation, and my cycle is very accurate. He did not listen to me, and suggested four cycles of IUI. They all failed. Then we went further with IVF, and before the procedure, they finally found I had polyps in my uterus. So my polyps were removed, and we had a successful pregnancy. I am not sure if they found the polyps at the first time, if we would still need IVF.
Dr. Queenan and the staff were quite friendly.
They were nice and professional.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
They are very knowledgeable, and they care about their patients. However, I feel like sometimes they are too confident, and tend not to listen to their patients. I was a textbook case, so I had a success with their treatment. However, sometimes I wonder if they believed what I said (I told them I had implantation issues, and they did not believe), and fixed my implantation issues, if we still needed IVF which is stressful and painful.
We spent $4000 on PGS, and the insurance covered the other cost. We are lucky to have good insurance.
Dr. Queenan highly recommended eSET. We did PGS, and transferred one single embryo. It was successful. I read some studies before eSET, and I believe this is the best option for us.

IUI With Other Docs
One of the best things that Dr. Queenan pushed for is getting the genetic testing done on the embryos to see what embryos are good and which ones will definitely not implant. This saved an unbelievable amount of heartache due to failed implantations and resulted in a live birth on the first embryo transfer.... Great bedside manner, compassion, empathy and personalization are second only to Dr. Queenan’s vast knowledge and experience with IVF.
Appointments and getting in when you need to was a piece of cake. Nurses and reception are always and easily reachable by phone. The facility and rooms are clean, professional and warm. The clinic exudes experience.... After the first few months of visits the nursing staff seemed like a group of friends that you’re just going to hang out with for a bit. They knew you by name. They cared about what you were going through.
There is no other clinic and no other doctor I would ever want to do IVF with. We are starting a second IVF attempt in the coming months. Dr. Queenan, along with all the staff at the Strong infertility clinic were wonderful. Success rates and experience are unmatched anywhere else in the NY area. We had a successful live birth from our first embryo transfer of our first IVF attempt.
Follow his recommendations. He knows what he is doing.
After the first few months of visits the nursing staff seemed like a group of friends that you’re just going to hang out with for a bit. They knew you by name. They cared about what you were going through. You can tell they love their job and this is exactly where they want to be.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
IVF package including stimulation and egg retrieval and transfers: $6500. PGS genetic testing: $3500. Medications: $1000-$2000.
Rochester

She [Dr. Vitek] listened, but didn’t explain much. I didn’t know how frequently I would be going in for tests or scans. She never suggested I might have endometriosis, which I did. A LOT of endometriosis. No e of the treatments i tried with her ever had a chance of working without endometriosis excision.... First and second d cycle: monitoring, no drugs, timed intercourse. Third cycle: monitoring, injectables, timed intercourse.
[Strong Fertility Center- U of Rochester] Lost paperwork. Didn’t call in Rx. When is call to ask a question, no one knew what was going on. It could take 2 days to get a call back.... Didn’t return phone calls. Forgot to call in scripts. When I changed RE clinics, I had to request THREE TIMES for them to transfer the files, and then they sent only 1/10th of the information, so I had to request AGAIN.... Didn’t explain what to expect. Didn’t update me on percentage success rate of each treatment, when new information was found.
She listened, but didn’t explain much. I didn’t know how frequently I would be going in for tests or scans. She never suggested I might have endometriosis, which I did. A LOT of endometriosis. No e of the treatments i tried with her ever had a chance of working without endometriosis excision. I wasted 3 cycles and $3000 for treatment which never could have resulted in pregnancy due to endometriosis.
Ask who, what, where, when, why, and how for every single thing, and write everything down, including who you talked to, when, and what they said.
Personable
Disaster. List records. Didn’t return phone calls. Forgot to call in scripts. When I changed RE clinics, I had to request THREE TIMES for them to transfer the files, and then they sent only 1/10th of the information, so I had to request AGAIN.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Didn’t explain what to expect. Didn’t update me on percentage success rate of each treatment, when new information was found. Not nearly aggressive enough in treatment. Missed glaringly obvious medical problems.
Rochester
He's [Dr John Queenan] pretty good about introducing himself, tries to be conversational and resorts to a jokey humor that is distracting. His procedures tend to be more painful than with other doctors. That is to say I think he could be more gentle...Did a couple cycles because the first batch of donor eggs was a failure. They required a mock cycle to get the treatment right. Resulted in adding a thyroid medication for the real cycle. They always claimed they had to follow the protocols required by the egg bank which made me think they sometimes couldn't change things even if they wanted to.
The intake nurses [at Strong Fertility Center in Rochester] can be very gruff, they rarely introduce themselves. The paperwork is confusing and uses medical lingo. You have to ask them to use lay language sometimes....paid out of pocket for donor eggs $10k. Remaining IVF procedures covered under insurance....He's [Dr. John Queenan] pretty good about introducing himself, tries to be conversational and resorts to a jokey humor that is distratcting. His procedures tend to be more painful than with other doctors. That is to say I think he could be more gentle.
He's pretty good about introducing himself, tries to be conversational and resorts to a jokey humor that is distratcting. His procedures tend to be more painful than with other doctors. That is to say I think he could be more gentle.
He has a big personality - it can be distracting.
He seems to care. He's super busy and seems a bit ditzy though.
The care structure isn't clear at the beginning. It is confusing to figure out with whom you should speak with.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
The intake nurses can be very gruff, they rarely introduce themselves. The paperwork is confusing and uses medical lingo. You have to ask them to use lay language sometimes.
Paid out of pocket for donor eggs $10k. Remaining IVF procedures covered under insurance.
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
4 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Hoeger was there to listen to me. She was my first experience with fertility treatments and she was very professional and compassionate. She took the time to answer all of my questions and was great at explaining everything, including the transvaginal ultrasounds which were a first for me and very confusing at first but she was patient and showed myself and my mom everything we were looking at on the screen.
The [Strong Fertility Center] clinic was great during my three IUI procedures and they were very willing to listen to all my questions and answer them with great patience. I felt like they took the time to get to know me and my situation. They were inclusive of my mother who was with me at all of my appointments...The nursing staff was excellent.
Dr. Hoeger was very patient and kind. She took the time to listen and explain things which was especially important considering it was my first experience with fertility treatments. She was even very inclusive of my mother who was with me at all of my appointments.
Definitely a great doctor and I highly recommend her!
The nursing staff was excellent.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
The clinic was great during my three IUI procedures and they were very willing to listen to all my questions and answer them with great patience. I felt like they took the time to get to know me and my situation. They were inclusive of my mother who was with me at all of my appointments.
Describe Kathleen Hoeger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Kathleen Hoeger

2010 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr Queenan is a great RE but if you don't fit into his plan he doesn't offer many alternatives. He basically gave up on us. After a few unsuccessful cycles he told me I needed a gestational carrier and that it would be too expensive for us.... I went to this practice for 5 years and nurses still didn't know my name..... Every time I did a cycle there were errors with my plan. One time I took the wrong dose of meds because it was wrong in my plan. One time my plan got mailed to the wrong address! They said I must have moved, which of course I didn't.
Dr Queenan is a great RE but if you don't fit into his plan he doesn't offer many alternatives. He basically gave up on us. After a few unsuccessful cycles he told me I needed a gestational carrier and that it would be too expensive for us.... I went to this practice [Strong Fertility Center] for 5 years and nurses still didn't know my name..... Every time I did a cycle there were errors with my plan. One time I took the wrong dose of meds because it was wrong in my plan. One time my plan got mailed to the wrong address! They said I must have moved, which of course I didn't.
Don't waste your time at this office.
I went to this practice for 5 years and nurses still didn't know my name.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester). (Assigned nurse: Dawn)
They were terrible!!! Very unorganized, very rude! They made mistakes in my plan and never apologized. Their mistakes always ended up being my fault.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Medically they do everything by the book. They don't think outside of the box. They are not accommodating or compassionate.
I can't remember exactly but I think it was $7500 for IVF and $3000 for FETs
Dr Q told me my chances were better with only one but we did two cycles with only one embryo and it was unsuccessful

2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Wendy Vitek] had a good beside manner and was very knowledgable but I never interacted enough to really get the feel like she cared about me as her patient. I felt like just another number and don't feel that she really spent much time on my case...I only saw Dr Vitek at my initial consultation and then the consultation after my miscarriage. She was not present at any of the dozens of monitoring appointments or IUIs. The nurses were nice but never looked at my case as more than just another appointment to get through. I felt like they were just following some sort of normal protocol instead of really looking at my case and making adjustments that were tailored to me.
She had a good beside manner and was very knowledgable but I never interacted enough to really get the feel like she cared about me as her patient. I felt like just another number and don't feel that she really spent much time on my case.
Go somewhere else
We started with a non-medicated IUI - negative. Then we went to clomid for the next IUI - negative. Then we did higher doses of clomid for three more cycles - negative. My body was responding well to the drugs but I just was not getting pregnant. Then we tried letrozol and got a positive but I had a miscarriage of twins at 8 weeks. We tried Letrozol again and got a negative. Then Clomid again and got a negative and then I moved on to a new clinic and got pregnant off my first IVF.
They were all very lovely but couldn't speak much on my case without consulting the doctor so I didn't get very far with them.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
They need to treat each case individually with its own course of action and not follow some general protocol and just "wait and see". You will need to be your own medical advocate since no one at this clinic will be.
I paid for sperm out of pocket. I paid for the monitoring, IUIs and medications through my insurance so I only paid copays.