Synergy Women's Health Care

Portland
2701 NW Vaughn St, Suite 205
Portland, OR 97210

1 patient review filtered by:

After working with her [Dr. Laura Greenberg] the past several months, I can tell you she is compassionate but extremely level headed and experienced. She doesn't jump to conclusions or push treatment and is understanding. I enjoyed working with her and she helped me feel relaxed and calm about surgery. I appreciate that she gave me the option of how much detail she went into about risks and really took a lot of time with me leading up to the surgery to talk through things.
[Protocols at Synergy Women's Health Care were] a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and D&C to treat underlying causes and I have seen many positive changes since that surgery...the people you deal with in the front office are generally kind...It doesn't always seem like everyone is clued into what is happening and they definitely put finances above patient needs or having compassion towards patients. I understand they need to get paid and make money but demanding prepayment for something the patient will not end up owing seems like poor policy to me and is onerous to the patient.
How was your experience with Laura Greenberg at Synergy Women's Health Care?
I admit I originally had a negative view of Dr Greenberg because I am someone that likes to talk through everything and deal with a compassionate doctor. I trusted her as a doctor but was not sure she would hear me out and guide me with my best interests in mind. After returning to continue original diagnostics and have more of a fertility discussion, I concluded the reason my first visit felt negative was because she had it as a new patient annual exam. And therefore was not prepared to spend the time talking through all my options which is why I felt rushed and a lack of compassion. After working with her the past several months, I can tell you she is compassionate but extremely level headed and experienced. She doesn't jump to conclusions or push treatment and is understanding. I enjoyed working with her and she helped me feel relaxed and calm about surgery. I appreciate that she gave me the option of how much detail she went into about risks and really took a lot of time with me leading up to the surgery to talk through things. If I decide to pursue one more IUI before IVF, I would likely work with her over the clinic I'm currently with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Greenberg at Synergy Women's Health Care?
If you want matter of fact, clinical, a starting place for exploring fertility treatments, this is a good place to start. Her approach is efficient and I like that she doesn’t jump right to IVf or making assumptions about fertility or push you to IVf like a lot of fertility clinics do. This is likely because she is a specialist at a women’s health clinic not a fertility clinic. Which is precisely what I wanted when I started exploring my options again. I didn’t want to unnecessarily escalate it to the next level and I think she is a good doctor to start with and work with if you do not need IVF. (such as treating women's health and underlying causes/surgery, clomid only cycles, or IUI)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Greenberg at Synergy Women's Health Care?
Originally, I felt she didn’t want to hear my story, where I was coming from, where I was in my journey, whcih made me feel like a number. After years of treatments with my ex-husband and taking a break after a divorce, I wanted to explore where my fertility is and what my options are. She didn’t really want to discuss anything. Ran tests and gave me pamphlets for sperm donors. I followed through with my early diagnostics with her and got treatment recommendations and my experience improved throughout my interactions. I learned my AMH is much lower than it should be but she treated me with compassion and explained why it doesn't lessen my chances of a viable pregnancy right now. After several months of unexplained fluid in the uterus and increased pain, I had surgery and she was compassionate and I trusted her implicitly throughout the course of treatment. I think I originally felt like more of a number because of the office and their policies, not because of her as a doctor. I still have issues with some of the ways the office does things, including financial, but I would highly recommend her as an experienced doctor who made me feel comfortable as a first step in diagnosis and possibly if pursuing IUI's.
Describe the protocols Laura Greenberg used in your cycles at Synergy Women's Health Care and their degree of success.
Her initial evaluation was that I could do IUIs with injectibles but that I definitely have a shortened timeline. She wouldn't recommend several IUIs because of the cost and my history of them not working. However, she performed a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and D&C to treat underlying causes and I have seen many positive changes since that surgery. I am really happy with that decision and think it will give me the past chance at success with whatever course of action I choose
Describe your experience with Synergy Women's Health Care.
It doesn't always seem like everyone is clued into what is happening and they definitely put finances above patient needs or having compassion towards patients. I understand they need to get paid and make money but demanding prepayment for something the patient will not end up owing seems like poor policy to me and is onerous to the patient. That being said, the people you deal with in the front office are generally kind. I just think it's a policy problem and lack of ability to be logical/rational in certain situations.
Laura Greenberg