Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
9160 Carothers Parkway
Franklin, TN 37067
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tennessee Fertility Institute to a friend?

1 doctor
I honestly couldn't think of any area he [Dr. Christopher Montville]could improve in. He is very personable, funny, and comforting. Dr. Montville has shown us only the best quality of care. He has made me feel like I have the best possible doctor in my corner to help me fight this terribly awful battle...We have done two IUIs both with 5 mg Letrozole. He chose Letrozole because it has fewer side effects, is better for women with PCOS, and I had done 3 cycles with clomid and timed intercourse while still seeing my OBGYN and developed a cyst from the last cycle. I have only had one follicle develop each time, and the first IUI was a failure, and I am currently in the two week wait of the second.
The receptionist Kristen is just the sweetest and patiently answered my 1 million questions I had when first starting out [at Tennessee Fertility Institute]. Honestly the only negative thing I can say about the clinic is that the patient rooms are very small and have no where for a partner to sit. The clinic is very efficiently run and the patient portal system they use is wonderful. It allows them to reply quickly to any and every need you could possibly have. The APN Brooke Rittenberry is just down right amazing, she performed our last IUI because Dr. Montville was out of town and I felt very comfortable and confident in her abilities. Dr. Montville is a wonderful doctor who seems to genuinely care about us and our treatment.
How was your experience with Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
He has been great, in every way! I honestly couldn't think of any area he could improve in. He is very personable, funny, and comforting. Dr. Montville has shown us only the best quality of care. He has made me feel like I have the best possible doctor in my corner to help me fight this terribly awful battle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
Write down any and all questions you want to have addressed at your initial patient appointment. A lot will be discussed and you will forget things.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
The staff is amazing, and doctor Montville is very nice. They answered every question I had when I first called (several times) to get our initial appointment set up. The NP Brooke is also amazing! Both of our IUIs have been completely painless and well done. I am very happy i picked Tennessee Fertility institute they have been wonderful to us in every way.
Describe the protocols Christopher Montville used in your cycles at Tennessee Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Benitha)
Benitha has been amazing, she is sweet and very good at her job. She always responds promptly to any questions or concerns I may have.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
The receptionist Kristen is just the sweetest and patiently answered my 1 million questions I had when first starting out. Honestly the only negative thing I can say about the clinic is that the patient rooms are very small and have no where for a partner to sit. The clinic is very efficiently run and the patient portal system they use is wonderful. It allows them to reply quickly to any and every need you could possibly have. The APN Brooke Rittenberry is just down right amazing, she performed our last IUI because Dr. Montville was out of town and I felt very comfortable and confident in her abilities. Dr. Montville is a wonderful doctor who seems to genuinely care about us and our treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
One of the reasons I chose Tennessee Fertility Institute was because they bill as a couple instead of an individual. A different clinic nearby had told us it would be anywhere from 400-600 dollars just for our initial visit with the doctor where as with TFI they told us it would at the most be $250 and it was only $137.17. Our first IUI cost $700 dollars because we only needed one ultrasound, our second cost $950 because we had a second ultrasound. Each Ultrasound itself costs $175 plus a basic office visit which is $75, so each ultrasound comes out to $250. Sperm wash for IUI costs $200, and the IUI procedure itself costs $250.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute.

PCOS, Other
Dr Montville’s approach is based on many factors. With my age and history of having 1 living child, in addition to genetic testing, we decided on a single embryo transfer...remembered our names, our daughter’s name and casual conversations we had in the prior session...was always prepared to spend as much time as we needed to fully understand the treatment protocol. He was available off hours through the hotline and never made you feel like you were bothering him. He followed up by phone personally for the 3 days following my ER.
The nursing staff [at Tennessee Fertility Institute] was a consistent experience and they are all very warm and help you feel as comfortable as possible. They were quick and efficient with their roles and communicated well via portal and phone...is a smaller clinic that takes a tailored approach to your fertility treatment. It takes awhile to schedule your new patient consultant due to how busy they are with current patients, but after the initial consultation they act very quickly to get your plan in place and moving.
PCOS, Other
Dr Montville was always prepared to spend as much time as we needed to fully understand the treatment protocol. He was available off hours through the hotline and never made you feel like you were bothering him. He followed up by phone personally for the 3 days following my ER.
Dr. Montville is brilliant but able to clearly explain the treatment options and pros/cons. He is personable and warm - and your treatment feels personalized to your individual needs, while feeling rooted in experience and positive outcome. He has a higher rate of live birth than the national average.
My husband and I were both welcomed at every appointment. Dr Montville and staff remembered our names, our daughter’s name and casual conversations we had in the prior session. We had the same nurse each time so it was comfortable and familiar.
We started with a medicated timed cycle, then proceeded to 3 IUIs. We were informed early in the process that if we had 3 failed IUIs, then IVF would be the next recommended treatment plan. We are currently awaiting PGT after our Egg Retrieval and hope to move to our transfer cycle next month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff was a consistent experience and they are all very warm and help you feel as comfortable as possible. They were quick and efficient with their roles and communicated well via portal and phone.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
TFI is a smaller clinic that takes a tailored approach to your fertility treatment. It takes awhile to schedule your new patient consultant due to how busy they are with current patients, but after the initial consultation they act very quickly to get your plan in place and moving.
Describe Christopher Montville's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Dr Montville’s approach is based on many factors. With my age and history of having 1 living child, in addition to genetic testing, we decided on a single embryo transfer to hopefully

Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Montville] is there to provide the treatment that we choose, and does not push us in one direction or the other. Instead, he tells us the statistics and facts with honesty, and allows us to choose our course of treatment while offering us sympathy along the way. ... He is kind when the tears start coming, and he is extremely helpful in breaking down what can seem to be extremely overwhelming into smaller step-by-step pieces. He genuinely seems to understand the stress involved during infertility.
The clinic's strengths [Tennessee Fertility Inst] include the support I've received from everyone at the clinic - front desk, nurses, and Dr. M. ... Katie has primarily been our nurse since moving forward with IVF. ... She has asked great questions during other appointments with the doctor, which is great to see and helps me feel as though I have another advocate and supporter in the room. ... The only weakness I see is sometimes billing can be a bit behind, but that's fairly normal in the medical field.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
My husband and I have never felt like "just a number." Dr. M allows me time to ask questions to ensure I have a good understanding of results and tests, and explains things in an easy-to-understand way. He is honest and doesn't sugar-coat things, which I have greatly appreciated. He has offered me compassion and sympathy regarding our situation, particularly in my concerns regarding procedures I've had done, which is when his bedside manner has shown through. He is honest, states the statistics of chance of conceiving with my condition when comparing different treatment courses, and never pushes my husband and me to make a decision one way or the other. He allows us the opportunity to listen to what he has to say, and then we can make the most comfortable decision for us. Thankful to have a compassionate and caring doctor during such a difficult time. He really seems to care about each patient and their circumstance.
As with any fertility doctor, I think it's always important to ask a lot of questions. If you're looking for a doctor that offers compassion, I'd highly recommend seeing him and the nursing staff for your care and treatments.
I felt like a human because Dr. Montville takes the time to call me personally regarding my results. I can ask him questions during our conversations and he never is pushy to either leave the room or get off the phone. He is honest, has a great bedside manner, and checks his ego at the door. He is there to provide the treatment that we choose, and does not push us in one direction or the other. Instead, he tells us the statistics and facts with honesty, and allows us to choose our course of treatment while offering us sympathy along the way. Dr. M, my husband, and I have had difficult conversations over the last year as a result of two cancelled treatment cycles. He is kind when the tears start coming, and he is extremely helpful in breaking down what can seem to be extremely overwhelming into smaller step-by-step pieces. He genuinely seems to understand the stress involved during infertility. I have felt so comforted, supported, and heard by not only him, but the nurses (Katie) and front office. It really feels like much more than a doctor's office since a lot of the nurses and staff have actually been through this process themselves. It feels like a major support system there to help you reach your goal of a growing your family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Katie has primarily been our nurse since moving forward with IVF. She has been incredible. Fast communication! If she senses that you're stressing about something in your messages to her, she will actually pick up the phone and call you to help you reassure you about things. She has asked great questions during other appointments with the doctor, which is great to see and helps me feel as though I have another advocate and supporter in the room. We've had a few curveballs thrown our way during treatment and treatment prep, and she has called me to check in and see how I'm doing. I can't say enough positive things about her, her attitude, her support, and her genuine kindness.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
The clinic's strengths include the support I've received from everyone at the clinic - front desk, nurses, and Dr. M. They are usually prompt with their communication, as well as disclosing potential fees regarding certain treatments and procedures. I really like that we are assigned to a particular nurse (Katie), and she becomes our main source of contact. My husband and I really like knowing that we see Dr. M at every appointment. So many questions arise at each appointment depending on results, current treatment, etc, that it's nice to be able to ask the doctor directly and pick his brain. The only weakness I see is sometimes billing can be a bit behind, but that's fairly normal in the medical field.
Some procedures were more than we anticipated; however, we've never had to address our current infertility issues before, so that is based on our own personal ideas regarding how much treatments cost.
He has encouraged single embryo transfer because of my age and our medical history.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Montville was very clear that he would transfer a minimal number of embryos to avoid multiples which my husband and I understood completely...is compassionate and so very thoughtful in treating his patients. He writes out statistics and treatment plans so that you fully understand the information as he is explaining it to you. He is the type of doctor who calls to check on you after you receive bad news just to make sure you are ok. He's absolutely wonderful.
I was monitored closely [at TFI] due to my age and some specific challenges I was facing...I worked with Krystal [nurse] primarily and she was amazing. She was always quick to answer questions, had a thorough understanding of the process and was so friendly. All of the nurses were kind and helpful...Package for IVF with Frozen Embryo Transfer 13,000.00 (not all blood work is included and medications ranging from 3,000-8,000 are not included) PGS testing (optional) 5500.00
Dr. Montville was truly a blessing to us. While we have not yet had a baby, he has been willing to help with everything we need. He's positive yet honest and does not provide false hope. You can tell he honestly wants to help you create a family. I could never say enough good things about Dr. Montville. The only bad things I have to say have nothing to do with him but just with infertility in general and things that no one can control.
Make an appointment today!
Dr. Montville is compassionate and so very thoughtful in treating his patients. He writes out statistics and treatment plans so that you fully understand the information as he is explaining it to you. He is the type of doctor who calls to check on you after you receive bad news just to make sure you are ok. He's absolutely wonderful.
I don't know the name of the protocol used. I did respond well to the medications and didn't have any major side effects. I was monitored closely due to my age and some specific challenges I was facing. I feel like Dr. Montville tried to assess me and provide the best possible treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Krystal)
I worked with Krystal primarily and she was amazing. She was always quick to answer questions, had a thorough understanding of the process and was so friendly. All of the nurses were kind and helpful.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
It is a small clinic which is wonderful if you like that personal touch. I haven't been there in over a month and kind of feel like I haven't seen my family in a while. There were a couple of times that it took a while to receive a return call but again, it is a small clinic and once you get in, you truly receive excellent care.

Other, Unexplained
He [Dr. Montville] lowered my Gonal-F to 150IU when he saw that my ovaries were growing extremely fast. Started Cetrotide to prevent ovulation. Took Doxycycline to prevent infection from the egg retrieval process...He always takes the time to hear me out and never rushes me. He is sensitive to my needs, but also speaks the truth in a respectful manner. He gives me attention and frequently calls me during the IVF process to see how I’m doing. I’ve worked with several doctors and he’s by far the best I’ve encountered. I would recommend him to anyone.
I can honestly say that I can’t think of anything [at Tennessee Fertility Institute] that would be considered a weakness. It’s a relatively small staff so they communicate at a high level. When I went into my egg retrieval, they all took care of me and communicated what was to be expected and answered any concerns. The staff is personable and I always felt like they wanted my best interest...Every nurse communicated so well and all were very sensitive to my needs and questions. They took time with me and I never felt rushed. They called me in a timely manner and answered all my questions.
Other, Unexplained
Dr. Montville is attentive and always listens to my concerns. He treats me like a human and never rushes me. I see him every visit and he takes the time to call me to check on me. He communicates very well and has the best bedside manners. He left a larger office in which he wasn’t able to connect with all the patients because it was too large of an office, to go to a smaller office in order to connect with each patient. He is such a good doctor. I have nothing negative to say about him. He is on top of everything and extremely professional. I feel that he truly cares about each patient and takes the time to hear the heart of the patient.
Be honest and tell him your concerns. He is there to help you and wants to hear your needs.
Dr. Montville talks to me like a person. He always takes the time to hear me out and never rushes me. He is sensitive to my needs, but also speaks the truth in a respectful manner. He gives me attention and frequently calls me during the IVF process to see how I’m doing. I’ve worked with several doctors and he’s by far the best I’ve encountered. I would recommend him to anyone.
Birth control prior to round of IVF. Every other day of ultrasounds. My dosage of drugs during stimulation was Gonal-F 225IU & Menopur 75IU. He lowered my Gonal-F to 150IU when he saw that my ovaries were growing extremely fast. Started Cetrotide to prevent ovulation. Took Doxycycline to prevent infection from the egg retrieval process. For transfer meds, progesterone in oil, estradiol, doxycycline (antibiotic) and methylprednisolone steroid to prevent inflammation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Krystal )
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
I can honestly say that I can’t think of anything that would be considered a weakness. It’s a relatively small staff so they communicate at a high level. When I went into my egg retrieval, they all took care of me and communicated what was to be expected and answered any concerns. The staff is personable and I always felt like they wanted my best interest.
IVF, $13,500, PGS $5,500, medication $3,197
Dr. Montville’s approach is if your embryos are PGS tested, he is strongly against transferring more than 1 embryo. If the embryos are not pgs tested, he’s fine with transferring 2 embryos. Since transferring PGS embryos can increase the odds of pregnancy, he only recommends transferring one embryo because of the high risks multiples can bring to a pregnancy.
+ Read more- Read less

Consultation with him [Dr. Montville] was great, I had to go by myself due to my husband’s deployment which made me nervous. He immediately recognized the different circumstance we were in, along with the stress of trying to conceive. He made sure to write everything down and explained everything well. He also made sure to ask what we wanted from all this, how we felt about everything and any hesitations or restrictions we had.
In comparison to other facilities in the area that I researched and spoke with, all of our costs at TFI were clearly explained to us and within the normal pricing of the area clinics. Some costs were even less than other clinics....The nursing staff were all welcoming and so sweet. They were very organized and on top of everything. I even left forms with them that needed to be filled out (I expected this would take a while) when I followed up with them a few days later I found out they had already completed and submitted everything.
During consultation he exceeded my expectations. I tried not to have my hopes up because sometimes the first doctor isn’t always a good fit, but thankfully he was. He did a great job reading me and understanding my situation and the way I needed the information presented. I don’t like sugar coating but I do want someone with a calming and caring approach. He met all of that. Very straightforward and great at explaining but also genuinely cared.
Go for the consultation and see if he is a good match. You won’t really know until you meet with him and his staff.
Consultation with him was great, I had to go by myself due to my husband’s deployment which made me nervous. He immediately recognized the different circumstance we were in, along with the stress of trying to conceive. He made sure to write everything down and explained everything well. He also made sure to ask what we wanted from all this, how we felt about everything and any hesitations or restrictions we had.
We have not started any treatments or cycles yet but are planned for IUI next month with medication and trigger shot.
The nursing staff were all welcoming and so sweet. They were very organized and on top of everything. I even left forms with them that needed to be filled out (I expected this would take a while) when I followed up with them a few days later I found out they had already completed and submitted everything. I was very impressed and it was nice to know that I had people supporting me and on top of things, it alleviated a lot of my stress.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
The clinic was very clean and calming, not a lot of noise or craziness which was nice. I have no completed anything other than my blood work and consultation, so I only have those areas to speak on. I can only assume the remaining office areas and procedural rooms are the same.
In comparison to other facilities in the area that I researched and spoke with, all of our costs at TFI were clearly explained to us and within the normal pricing of the area clinics. Some costs were even less than other clinics. And honestly, I have been to another clinic in the area for a semen analysis for my husband- I would even be willing to pay higher prices to come here and be treated like a person and cared for rather than that other local facility.
+ Read more- Read less

6 IUI, 1 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing (cancer), 3 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
He [Dr. Christopher Montivlle] was so careful to explain things, even during the treatment process. He included helpful information for coping with this process as well. He was kind, patient and very available during the times that I have worked with him. The clinic is small (he is now on his own in Franklin and not at Nashville Fertility Center) and the nurses are an integral part of the team, but he does all the ultrasounds and explanations.
[TN Fertility Institute's] Strengths - small, friendly, intimate, know you by name, review your case before walking into the room, very nice waiting room, positive energy in the clinic, people are polite when they walk by. Weakness - you have to use the patient portal to communicate but really there is nothing else!!... So friendly, so clean and neat in appearance. Very professional. Always had the answer for you or would get it immediately. Never said anything rude or unkind. They were great with getting you comfortable in the waiting room and they were always in the exam room with the doctor and me.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing (cancer), 3 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
Strengths - he is patient, kind and very informative. He is thoughtful when he answers your questions. He uses current data to support his responses to treatment plan or your questions. He is always present and you feel very supported by an involved doctor. It feels that the plan is tailored to you individually. There is never a question that you are a number or a statistic. Weakness - I can't think of one! He is fantastic! Best in the entire Nashville area.
You have to use the portal system to communicate.
He was so careful to explain things, even during the treatment process. He included helpful information for coping with this process as well. He was kind, patient and very available during the times that I have worked with him. The clinic is small (he is now on his own in Franklin and not at Nashville Fertility Center) and the nurses are an integral part of the team, but he does all the ultrasounds and explanations.
We did and IUI with Femara. He did the IUI every well. It made such a difference to have a doctor do it. He was deliberate and careful and talked me through the ultrasound monitor picture the entire time. He had me do relaxation techniques and supported me through the process.
Standard
Single is what is used for me because I don't make very many embryos so it is best to do one at a time putting them in for transfer in case something goes wrong.

2017 - 2019
Dr. Montville is incredibly kind and patient. He never made me feel as though he was in a hurry or like I was just one of many patients that he would see all day. He took time to answer all of my questions, even if it meant coming in on a weekend for a consultation...proactive when it comes to finding the best fertility path for you...He is always walking you through the steps and has options to change course if one method of treatment proves less successful.
When it came time to move forward with IVF [with Tennessee Fertility Institute], my husband and I were educated thoroughly on the process, the medications, etc. We always had resources to refer to and ensure that we were doing everything correctly. Prior to IVF, I had a surgery to remove polyps that might impeded transfer...The clinic is efficient, clean, and inviting. The TV was always turned to something like HGTV, which I find much more calming that than news. There was water available, magazines, and comfortable seating. I had no complaints.
2017 - 2019
Dr. Montville is not only kind during a difficult process, but, most importantly (to me), he is intelligent, thoughtful, and proactive when it comes to finding the best fertility path for you. This process is not easy, but he makes it as painless as he can. He is always walking you through the steps and has options to change course if one method of treatment proves less successful.
Don't go anywhere else.
We started with IUIs. Dr. Montville was realistic with me about the statistical chances of success once we hit three tries, but allowed me to try once more, per my preference. When it came time to move forward with IVF, my husband and I were educated thoroughly on the process, the medications, etc. We always had resources to refer to and ensure that we were doing everything correctly. Prior to IVF, I had a surgery to remove polyps that might impeded transfer. Dr. Montville had taken the time to review my medical scans and saw what other doctors missed- faint shadows that were polyps and likely prevented pregnancy in the past. This catch was critical to the success of IVF and if he wasn't thorough, then we would have missed it. Dr. Montville was honest that the statistical success of IVF is 1.5. Try to that number, after egg retrieval and one failed transfer, we became pregnant. I am ecstatic. I owe so much gratitude and thanks to the brilliant work of Tennessee Fertility Institute and Dr. Montville.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Amber, Sarah, Krystal, Katie)
The nursing staff remembers. your name and responses promptly to all communications. I would have been lost without them.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
IUIs and IVF are expensive, but Dr. Montville's costs are comparable with those in the area.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He sat down with us and explained every plan and every result. He made us feel like people and he understood the pain and struggles we were feeling while going through our journey. We really appreciate that he truly listened to us....For my egg retrieval, Dr. Montville put me on Manopur, gonal-f, cetrotide, novarel, and progesterone injections. They resulted in 4 eggs total retrieved and 3 total embryos. We transferred 1 embryo after a few days, which resulted in a positive pregnant test
Aside from the occasional longer wait time before an appointment, the clinic [TFI] runs like an well oiled machine. Everyone knows exactly what they’re supposed to do.... The nursing staff at this clinic was amazing! They were so good at what they do and they really showed compassion! We love them!... I always saw my doctor which is how a fertility clinic should be run! Weaknesses: since the patient population is growing, sometimes the wait time was a little long.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Just like I said in a previous section, Dr. Montville is such an amazing, warm, understanding, kind, and compassionate doctor! He was the very first of the 3 fertility specialist I’ve seen who truly made us feel like human!
Make your appointment now!
I have seen a total of 3 fertility doctors and he was by far the best one who was truly emphatic with our situation. He sat down with us and explained every plan and every result. He made us feel like people and he understood the pain and struggles we were feeling while going through our journey. We really appreciate that he truly listened to us. He definitely has such a warm presence every time we went to visit him at the clinic. This is why I love going to Dr. Montville! Can’t wait to visit him again this year and hopefully get the result we’ve always dreamed of!
For my egg retrieval, Dr. Montville put me on Manopur, gonal-f, cetrotide, novarel, and progesterone injections. They resulted in 4 eggs total retrieved and 3 total embryos. We transferred 1 embryo after a few days, which resulted in a positive pregnant test (blood & hpt), but resulted as a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jane)
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Strength: they definitely know what they’re doing. Small, but a very clean and organized facility! I always saw my doctor which is how a fertility clinic should be run! Weaknesses: since the patient population is growing, sometimes the wait time was a little long.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Aside from the occasional longer wait time before an appointment, the clinic runs like an well oiled machine. Everyone knows exactly what they’re supposed to do.
My insurance doesn’t cover fertility treatments so I had to pay $12,550 up front for my egg retrieval and transfer cycle not including medications. Medications cost was around $700.00.
We were glad and understood the reason why Dr. Montville suggested we do a single transfer. He based it on my overall health and wellness, which we really appreciated.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Christopher Montville] was kind and thorough and treated us as individuals and not like just another statistic. He went out of his way to make sure we knew we were important to them there as people, first and foremost. He takes the time to make sure we are comfortable, and is caring in his approach. I have had several friends who agree they had a great experience with him and his staff at Tennessee Fertility.
Tennessee Fertility Institute is great. It is smaller and allows for more personal service. Nashville Fertility Institute is so Large and you see a different nurse every time. Tennessee you see the same doctor and nurse every time. Tennessee could benefit from one more procedural room for IUI.. seemed they only have one.... Hey likes to use Letrozole for egg stimulation during IUI. He said it did not matter to wait 24 or 36 hours after ovulation induction.
He was kind and thorough and treated us as individuals and not like just another statistic. He went out of his way to make sure we knew we were important to them there as people, first and foremost. He takes the time to make sure we are comfortable, and is caring in his approach. I have had several friends who agree they had a great experience with him and his staff at Tennessee Fertility.
He will take great care of you and will treat you and your unique situation, and you will not feel like a statistic.
He went out of his way to make my first experience special. He called me by my name several times throughout the visit, and once more, to say goodbye as I left his office. I could tell he wanted my husband and I to feel important, and not just a number. This was at the Tennessee Fertility Clinic. He left Nashville Fertility because of this issue with patients (treating like numbers).
Hey likes to use Letrozole for egg stimulation during IUI. He said it did not matter to wait 24 or 36 hours after ovulation induction. He waits a full two weeks to take pregnancy test. Because of our age and that I have a high ovarian reserve, he highly recommends IVF. We will be starting this treatment in the Winter.
Friendly, approachable, efficient.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Montville was always honest with us. He is very easy to talk to and doesn’t mind answering the same questions repeatedly. I saw him every appointment and he always smiled and made us feel at ease. Going to see Dr Montville was the best choice we ever made and we are going to continue to see him...always took an interest in us as people and in our lives. He never rushed when talking with us and he was genuinely disappointed when our cycle failed. He is always available to us for questions and concerns.
$13,000 freeze all cycle...$1650 PGS...$550 anesthesiologist...We did 2 cycles [at Tennessee Fertility Institute]. The second cycle was $9100 for freeze all...We were not able to do a transfer the second time so we are able to get a partial refund...I love all of the nurses. They all knew us by name and most of them had been through IVF themselves and were open about it. That really helped put me at ease during my first retrieval. My nurses still check in with me. The nurses made all of the visits and testing enjoyable and they were disappointed and heartbroken with us.
Be fully open and honest with him about your expectations and ask questions so that he can give you the best course of action!
Dr. Montville always took an interest in us as people and in our lives. He never rushed when talking with us and he was genuinely disappointed when our cycle failed. He is always available to us for questions and concerns.
2 IVF cycles with menupur, gonal f and ganirellix.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
You are never a number. Everyone starting with the receptionist to the doctor is really there for you. The clinic is easy to get to and is a nice environment. The clinic is set up for everything you will need and you never have to go to another facility for anything
$13,000 freeze all cycle $1650 PGS $550 anesthesiologist We did 2 cycles. The second cycle was $9100 for freeze all plus the $550 anesthesia. We were not able to do a transfer the second time so we are able to get a partial refund however we are waiting until we decide if we want to do another round.
We only had one good embryo to transfer so this was not an issue.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Montville takes his time with each of my appointments to make sure he has answered all of my questions. He is very thorough and I don't ever feel rushed...performs all of the procedures himself including the ultrasounds. He does tend to run a bit behind schedule quite often (like 15-20 mins behind schedule) but we are ok with that since we never feel rushed when it is our turn. We are happy thus far with our care and hope we will find success with Dr. Montville!
I seem to see the same nurse at each visit [at Tennessee Fertility Institute] which is great because she is very friendly and always on top of calling in my prescriptions!...Strengths: getting to see the doctor at each visit and the facility is welcoming Weaknesses: Often the provider is running about 15-20 mins behind but he does not rush you when it is your turn; Sometimes it is hard to reach the nurses by phone. Typically communicating by their portal is better
Overall, my husband and I are very satisfied with Dr. Montville. We originally started with a different RE but were not pleased with the care we were receiving so we sought out a second opinion from Dr. Montville. We have been with him ever since! He is very thorough and performs all of the procedures himself including the ultrasounds. He does tend to run a bit behind schedule quite often (like 15-20 mins behind schedule) but we are ok with that since we never feel rushed when it is our turn. We are happy thus far with our care and hope we will find success with Dr. Montville!
We have only completed one IUI thus far with him and will be completing more in the future. We started with Letrozole since we had tried clomid at the previous RE office. We used a trigger shot for ovulation and then followed the IUI with progesterone for 2 weeks. Unfortunately this cycle did not result in a pregnancy but as far as the treatment goes, the protocol was clear and easy to follow.
I seem to see the same nurse at each visit which is great because she is very friendly and always on top of calling in my prescriptions!
+ Read more- Read less

I felt Dr. Session didn’t explain the processes well or our options. She lets you guide your treatment and at the time we were new to infertility and had very little information.... And now after I have researched fertility treatments I wish she would not have spent so much time with us just doing timed intercourse and a low dosage of femara or clomid.... I feel like we wasted 8 months of valuable time because I was 36 during this time.
The nurses were great. They were very compassionate and communicated well.... Strengths is the clinic [Tennessee Fertility Institute] was nice and new. It was also nice to be able to a see the doctor every visit because it was a smaller clinic. Weakness is the wait times were long because the doctor sees everyone and she’s the only doctor there. And also Dr. Session was just not the right doctor for us because of the lack of communication and knowledge she provided us.
How was your experience with Donna Session at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
I felt Dr. Session didn’t explain the processes well or our options. She lets you guide your treatment and at the time we were new to infertility and had very little information. She’s quiet, but so am I so for this process we did not make the best match. I’m not saying she’s not a good doctor; she just wasn’t the best fit for me. And now after I have researched fertility treatments I wish she would not have spent so much time with us just doing timed intercourse and a low dosage of femara or clomid. We did this for 8 months (1 month we had a cyst so could not try, 1 month I was unable to try because I could not get my medication refilled due to their office being closed during the holidays so I was unable to get the ultrasound done to get the medication.) I feel like we wasted 8 months of valuable time because I was 36 during this time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Donna Session at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
Make sure to do research prior to meeting her so you can ask any questions you want and also so you don’t stay in the dark about important information because she did not give us the information we needed to make the best decisions about our treatments. Again I think she took a more cautious approach and I felt maybe I was too old to be spending so much time on timed intercourse.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Donna Session at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
Dr. Session is not very personable and we felt like in our first visit with her she just spoke to us like we were doctors ourselves and we felt she didn’t explain things well.
Describe the protocols Donna Session used in your cycles at Tennessee Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We did timed intercourse and I took either femara or clomid each cycle. I would go in for an ultrasound to check for cysts before I was given the medication.
The nurses were great. They were very compassionate and communicated well.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Strengths is the clinic was nice and new. It was also nice to be able to a see the doctor every visit because it was a smaller clinic. Weakness is the wait times were long because the doctor sees everyone and she’s the only doctor there. And also Dr. Session was just not the right doctor for us because of the lack of communication and knowledge she provided us.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Donna Session at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
I only had ultrasounds there to check for cysts which were around $180
What specific things went wrong at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
Donna Session
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Donna Session at Tennessee Fertility Institute.

be prepared to implement treatment right away rather than spending a considerable amount of time thinking through what you want to do. Dr. Montville and his staff are very ready to start treatment immediately, and if you're not sure you're ready to move forward, you could feel somewhat rushed to make a decision...I have not been educated about this approach [Eset Approach].
The nursing staff [at Tennessee Fertility Institute] are very positive, knowledgeable, and helpful...The IUI was $1200, and the medications were about $70-$140 depending on the dosage...I am overall satisfied with this clinic. I do find it frustrating that they're only open Monday-Thursday. It would be very helpful if they were open on Fridays. I appreciate their prompt responses on the patient portal online communication platform. They are understanding and will often work around scheduling conflicts and the inevitable unpredictability of fertility concerns.
Dr. Montville is newer to this practice, and I prefer him over the doctor who I saw previously (Dr. Donna Session). I didn't feel that Dr. Session had adequate listening skills, and she didn't educate me on the procedures or conditions as much as I would have liked. Dr. Montville's interactions with us have been much more thorough and tailored to what we want to know and do.
I would advise them to be prepared to implement treatment right away rather than spending a considerable amount of time thinking through what you want to do. Dr. Montville and his staff are very ready to start treatment immediately, and if you're not sure you're ready to move forward, you could feel somewhat rushed to make a decision.
Dr. Montville's eye contact, tone of voice, and listening skills are very personable. I am thankful for his patience in thoroughly explaining conditions and procedures as well. He listens to my concerns, my husband's concerns, and gives detailed, insightful answers.
I used letrozole with timed intercourse for 2-3 cycles with no pregnancies resulting from it. I then went on several months of norethindrone to keep my endometriosis symptoms suppressed while we figured out next steps. I then took letrozole, used an HSG trigger shot, and had an IUI with my husband's sperm. This did not result in a positive pregnancy.
The nursing staff are very positive, knowledgeable, and helpful.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
I have not been educated about this approach.