Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
9160 Carothers Parkway
Franklin, TN 37067
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tennessee Fertility Institute to a friend?

1 doctor
Endometriosis, Unexplained
The staff [Tennessee Fertility Institute] has been great to work with. They have contacted me when any issues with insurance arise and have always been very friendly. They properly disclose potential costs of procedures and treatments. However, I have experienced a lack of communication once in regards to the front desk staff and the doctor. I reached out twice regarding an issue and the doctor reportedly never received the message, which was frustrating. Otherwise, they've been great.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
The staff has been great to work with. They have contacted me when any issues with insurance arise and have always been very friendly. They properly disclose potential costs of procedures and treatments. However, I have experienced a lack of communication once in regards to the front desk staff and the doctor. I reached out twice regarding an issue and the doctor reportedly never received the message, which was frustrating. Otherwise, they've been great.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
I felt like a human because Dr. Montville takes the time to call me personally regarding my results. I can ask him questions during our conversations and he never is pushy to either leave the room or get off the phone. He is honest, has a great bedside manner, and checks his ego at the door. He is there to provide the treatment that we choose, and does not push us in one direction or the other. Instead, he tells us the statistics and facts with honesty, and allows us to choose our course of treatment while offering us sympathy along the way.
The nursing staff that I've encountered have offered comfort and sympathy, always taking the time to listen to my concerns or fears.
What specific things went wrong at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
How was your experience with Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
Dr. Montville offers a sense of hope for us. I have not felt like a number. He allows me time to ask questions to ensure I have a good understanding of results and tests, and explains things in an easy-to-understand way. He has offered me compassion and sympathy regarding our situation and my concerns regarding procedures I've had done, which is when his bedside manner has shown through. He is honest, states the statistics of chancing of conceiving with my condition when comparing different treatment courses, and never pushes my husband and me to make a decision one way or the other. He allows us the opportunity to listen to what he has to say, and then we can make the most comfortable decision for us. Thankful to have a compassionate and caring doctor during such a difficult time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
Advocate for yourself and ask whatever questions you need.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Some procedures were more than we anticipated; however, we've never had to address our current infertility issues before, so that is based on our own personal ideas regarding how much treatments cost.
Describe Christopher Montville's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Franklin

In comparison to other facilities in the area that I researched and spoke with, all of our costs at TFI were clearly explained to us and within the normal pricing of the area clinics. Some costs were even less than other clinics....The nursing staff were all welcoming and so sweet. They were very organized and on top of everything. I even left forms with them that needed to be filled out (I expected this would take a while) when I followed up with them a few days later I found out they had already completed and submitted everything.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
The clinic was very clean and calming, not a lot of noise or craziness which was nice. I have no completed anything other than my blood work and consultation, so I only have those areas to speak on. I can only assume the remaining office areas and procedural rooms are the same.
Consultation with him was great, I had to go by myself due to my husband’s deployment which made me nervous. He immediately recognized the different circumstance we were in, along with the stress of trying to conceive. He made sure to write everything down and explained everything well. He also made sure to ask what we wanted from all this, how we felt about everything and any hesitations or restrictions we had.
The nursing staff were all welcoming and so sweet. They were very organized and on top of everything. I even left forms with them that needed to be filled out (I expected this would take a while) when I followed up with them a few days later I found out they had already completed and submitted everything. I was very impressed and it was nice to know that I had people supporting me and on top of things, it alleviated a lot of my stress.
During consultation he exceeded my expectations. I tried not to have my hopes up because sometimes the first doctor isn’t always a good fit, but thankfully he was. He did a great job reading me and understanding my situation and the way I needed the information presented. I don’t like sugar coating but I do want someone with a calming and caring approach. He met all of that. Very straightforward and great at explaining but also genuinely cared.
Go for the consultation and see if he is a good match. You won’t really know until you meet with him and his staff.
Describe the protocols Christopher Montville used in your cycles at Tennessee Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We have not started any treatments or cycles yet but are planned for IUI next month with medication and trigger shot.
In comparison to other facilities in the area that I researched and spoke with, all of our costs at TFI were clearly explained to us and within the normal pricing of the area clinics. Some costs were even less than other clinics. And honestly, I have been to another clinic in the area for a semen analysis for my husband- I would even be willing to pay higher prices to come here and be treated like a person and cared for rather than that other local facility.
Franklin

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute.

6 IUI, 1 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing (cancer), 3 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
[TN Fertility Institute's] Strengths - small, friendly, intimate, know you by name, review your case before walking into the room, very nice waiting room, positive energy in the clinic, people are polite when they walk by. Weakness - you have to use the patient portal to communicate but really there is nothing else!!... So friendly, so clean and neat in appearance. Very professional. Always had the answer for you or would get it immediately. Never said anything rude or unkind. They were great with getting you comfortable in the waiting room and they were always in the exam room with the doctor and me.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing (cancer), 3 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
He was so careful to explain things, even during the treatment process. He included helpful information for coping with this process as well. He was kind, patient and very available during the times that I have worked with him. The clinic is small (he is now on his own in Franklin and not at Nashville Fertility Center) and the nurses are an integral part of the team, but he does all the ultrasounds and explanations.
Strengths - he is patient, kind and very informative. He is thoughtful when he answers your questions. He uses current data to support his responses to treatment plan or your questions. He is always present and you feel very supported by an involved doctor. It feels that the plan is tailored to you individually. There is never a question that you are a number or a statistic. Weakness - I can't think of one! He is fantastic! Best in the entire Nashville area.
You have to use the portal system to communicate.
We did and IUI with Femara. He did the IUI every well. It made such a difference to have a doctor do it. He was deliberate and careful and talked me through the ultrasound monitor picture the entire time. He had me do relaxation techniques and supported me through the process.
Standard
Single is what is used for me because I don't make very many embryos so it is best to do one at a time putting them in for transfer in case something goes wrong.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Aside from the occasional longer wait time before an appointment, the clinic [TFI] runs like an well oiled machine. Everyone knows exactly what they’re supposed to do.... The nursing staff at this clinic was amazing! They were so good at what they do and they really showed compassion! We love them!... I always saw my doctor which is how a fertility clinic should be run! Weaknesses: since the patient population is growing, sometimes the wait time was a little long.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Strength: they definitely know what they’re doing. Small, but a very clean and organized facility! I always saw my doctor which is how a fertility clinic should be run! Weaknesses: since the patient population is growing, sometimes the wait time was a little long.
I have seen a total of 3 fertility doctors and he was by far the best one who was truly emphatic with our situation. He sat down with us and explained every plan and every result. He made us feel like people and he understood the pain and struggles we were feeling while going through our journey. We really appreciate that he truly listened to us. He definitely has such a warm presence every time we went to visit him at the clinic. This is why I love going to Dr. Montville! Can’t wait to visit him again this year and hopefully get the result we’ve always dreamed of!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jane)
Just like I said in a previous section, Dr. Montville is such an amazing, warm, understanding, kind, and compassionate doctor! He was the very first of the 3 fertility specialist I’ve seen who truly made us feel like human!
Make your appointment now!
For my egg retrieval, Dr. Montville put me on Manopur, gonal-f, cetrotide, novarel, and progesterone injections. They resulted in 4 eggs total retrieved and 3 total embryos. We transferred 1 embryo after a few days, which resulted in a positive pregnant test (blood & hpt), but resulted as a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Aside from the occasional longer wait time before an appointment, the clinic runs like an well oiled machine. Everyone knows exactly what they’re supposed to do.
My insurance doesn’t cover fertility treatments so I had to pay $12,550 up front for my egg retrieval and transfer cycle not including medications. Medications cost was around $700.00.
We were glad and understood the reason why Dr. Montville suggested we do a single transfer. He based it on my overall health and wellness, which we really appreciated.
Franklin

Tennessee Fertility Institute is great. It is smaller and allows for more personal service. Nashville Fertility Institute is so Large and you see a different nurse every time. Tennessee you see the same doctor and nurse every time. Tennessee could benefit from one more procedural room for IUI.. seemed they only have one.... Hey likes to use Letrozole for egg stimulation during IUI. He said it did not matter to wait 24 or 36 hours after ovulation induction.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
He went out of his way to make my first experience special. He called me by my name several times throughout the visit, and once more, to say goodbye as I left his office. I could tell he wanted my husband and I to feel important, and not just a number. This was at the Tennessee Fertility Clinic. He left Nashville Fertility because of this issue with patients (treating like numbers).
Friendly, approachable, efficient.
He was kind and thorough and treated us as individuals and not like just another statistic. He went out of his way to make sure we knew we were important to them there as people, first and foremost. He takes the time to make sure we are comfortable, and is caring in his approach. I have had several friends who agree they had a great experience with him and his staff at Tennessee Fertility.
He will take great care of you and will treat you and your unique situation, and you will not feel like a statistic.
Hey likes to use Letrozole for egg stimulation during IUI. He said it did not matter to wait 24 or 36 hours after ovulation induction. He waits a full two weeks to take pregnancy test. Because of our age and that I have a high ovarian reserve, he highly recommends IVF. We will be starting this treatment in the Winter.
Franklin

$13,000 freeze all cycle...$1650 PGS...$550 anesthesiologist...We did 2 cycles [at Tennessee Fertility Institute]. The second cycle was $9100 for freeze all...We were not able to do a transfer the second time so we are able to get a partial refund...I love all of the nurses. They all knew us by name and most of them had been through IVF themselves and were open about it. That really helped put me at ease during my first retrieval. My nurses still check in with me. The nurses made all of the visits and testing enjoyable and they were disappointed and heartbroken with us.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
You are never a number. Everyone starting with the receptionist to the doctor is really there for you. The clinic is easy to get to and is a nice environment. The clinic is set up for everything you will need and you never have to go to another facility for anything
Dr. Montville always took an interest in us as people and in our lives. He never rushed when talking with us and he was genuinely disappointed when our cycle failed. He is always available to us for questions and concerns.
Dr Montville was always honest with us. He is very easy to talk to and doesn’t mind answering the same questions repeatedly. I saw him every appointment and he always smiled and made us feel at ease. Going to see Dr Montville was the best choice we ever made and we are going to continue to see him.
Be fully open and honest with him about your expectations and ask questions so that he can give you the best course of action!
2 IVF cycles with menupur, gonal f and ganirellix.
$13,000 freeze all cycle $1650 PGS $550 anesthesiologist We did 2 cycles. The second cycle was $9100 for freeze all plus the $550 anesthesia. We were not able to do a transfer the second time so we are able to get a partial refund however we are waiting until we decide if we want to do another round.
We only had one good embryo to transfer so this was not an issue.
Franklin

I seem to see the same nurse at each visit [at Tennessee Fertility Institute] which is great because she is very friendly and always on top of calling in my prescriptions!...Strengths: getting to see the doctor at each visit and the facility is welcoming Weaknesses: Often the provider is running about 15-20 mins behind but he does not rush you when it is your turn; Sometimes it is hard to reach the nurses by phone. Typically communicating by their portal is better
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Dr. Montville takes his time with each of my appointments to make sure he has answered all of my questions. He is very thorough and I don't ever feel rushed.
I seem to see the same nurse at each visit which is great because she is very friendly and always on top of calling in my prescriptions!
Overall, my husband and I are very satisfied with Dr. Montville. We originally started with a different RE but were not pleased with the care we were receiving so we sought out a second opinion from Dr. Montville. We have been with him ever since! He is very thorough and performs all of the procedures himself including the ultrasounds. He does tend to run a bit behind schedule quite often (like 15-20 mins behind schedule) but we are ok with that since we never feel rushed when it is our turn. We are happy thus far with our care and hope we will find success with Dr. Montville!
We have only completed one IUI thus far with him and will be completing more in the future. We started with Letrozole since we had tried clomid at the previous RE office. We used a trigger shot for ovulation and then followed the IUI with progesterone for 2 weeks. Unfortunately this cycle did not result in a pregnancy but as far as the treatment goes, the protocol was clear and easy to follow.
Franklin

The nurses were great. They were very compassionate and communicated well.... Strengths is the clinic [Tennessee Fertility Institute] was nice and new. It was also nice to be able to a see the doctor every visit because it was a smaller clinic. Weakness is the wait times were long because the doctor sees everyone and she’s the only doctor there. And also Dr. Session was just not the right doctor for us because of the lack of communication and knowledge she provided us.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Strengths is the clinic was nice and new. It was also nice to be able to a see the doctor every visit because it was a smaller clinic. Weakness is the wait times were long because the doctor sees everyone and she’s the only doctor there. And also Dr. Session was just not the right doctor for us because of the lack of communication and knowledge she provided us.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Donna Session at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
Dr. Session is not very personable and we felt like in our first visit with her she just spoke to us like we were doctors ourselves and we felt she didn’t explain things well.
The nurses were great. They were very compassionate and communicated well.
What specific things went wrong at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
How was your experience with Donna Session at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
I felt Dr. Session didn’t explain the processes well or our options. She lets you guide your treatment and at the time we were new to infertility and had very little information. She’s quiet, but so am I so for this process we did not make the best match. I’m not saying she’s not a good doctor; she just wasn’t the best fit for me. And now after I have researched fertility treatments I wish she would not have spent so much time with us just doing timed intercourse and a low dosage of femara or clomid. We did this for 8 months (1 month we had a cyst so could not try, 1 month I was unable to try because I could not get my medication refilled due to their office being closed during the holidays so I was unable to get the ultrasound done to get the medication.) I feel like we wasted 8 months of valuable time because I was 36 during this time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Donna Session at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
Make sure to do research prior to meeting her so you can ask any questions you want and also so you don’t stay in the dark about important information because she did not give us the information we needed to make the best decisions about our treatments. Again I think she took a more cautious approach and I felt maybe I was too old to be spending so much time on timed intercourse.
Describe the protocols Donna Session used in your cycles at Tennessee Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We did timed intercourse and I took either femara or clomid each cycle. I would go in for an ultrasound to check for cysts before I was given the medication.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Donna Session at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
I only had ultrasounds there to check for cysts which were around $180
Donna Session
Franklin

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Donna Session at Tennessee Fertility Institute.

The nursing staff [at Tennessee Fertility Institute] are very positive, knowledgeable, and helpful...The IUI was $1200, and the medications were about $70-$140 depending on the dosage...I am overall satisfied with this clinic. I do find it frustrating that they're only open Monday-Thursday. It would be very helpful if they were open on Fridays. I appreciate their prompt responses on the patient portal online communication platform. They are understanding and will often work around scheduling conflicts and the inevitable unpredictability of fertility concerns.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Dr. Montville's eye contact, tone of voice, and listening skills are very personable. I am thankful for his patience in thoroughly explaining conditions and procedures as well. He listens to my concerns, my husband's concerns, and gives detailed, insightful answers.
The nursing staff are very positive, knowledgeable, and helpful.
Dr. Montville is newer to this practice, and I prefer him over the doctor who I saw previously (Dr. Donna Session). I didn't feel that Dr. Session had adequate listening skills, and she didn't educate me on the procedures or conditions as much as I would have liked. Dr. Montville's interactions with us have been much more thorough and tailored to what we want to know and do.
I would advise them to be prepared to implement treatment right away rather than spending a considerable amount of time thinking through what you want to do. Dr. Montville and his staff are very ready to start treatment immediately, and if you're not sure you're ready to move forward, you could feel somewhat rushed to make a decision.
I used letrozole with timed intercourse for 2-3 cycles with no pregnancies resulting from it. I then went on several months of norethindrone to keep my endometriosis symptoms suppressed while we figured out next steps. I then took letrozole, used an HSG trigger shot, and had an IUI with my husband's sperm. This did not result in a positive pregnancy.
I have not been educated about this approach.