Acupuncture is not offered
Acupuncture is not offered

9160 Carothers Parkway
Franklin, TN 37067

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Ruman is very patient and compassionate and is always willing to answer all my questions. I have been a patient of hers for a year now, and even though I've had six failed IUIs, I still have complete confidence that she will help me have a baby...Dr. Ruman listens to my questions and tries to help as best she can. She knows about my vaginal trauma and offers me Valium/Xanax whenever I need it in order to get through these traumatic, invasive procedures.
The [Tennessee Fertility Institute] clinic is very clean, neat, and professional-looking. The location is easy to get to and I very rarely wait for longer than 10 minutes for my appointment. However, I do feel like the prices are higher than average...Genuinely like all the nurses that I have come into contact with. They're all very compassionate and seem to really wish success for their patients.
How was your experience with Jane Ruman at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jane Ruman at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
Expect that it will be expensive, unless you have great insurance!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jane Ruman at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Jane Ruman used in your cycles at Tennessee Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Letrozole for all six of my IUIs. The first three IUIs produced at least two or three follicles; however, the last three IUIs only produced one large follicle way earlier than it should have. I also took vaginal progesterone suppositories after each IUI. For my two egg retrievals, I was on Gonal-F, Cetrotide, Menopur, and estrogen patches. Each egg retrieval produced 14 follicles, with nine of those being mature eggs. Out of the 18 eggs, only four fertilized via ICSI. I wound up with only two 5-day embryos. I'm currently getting ready for my first embryo transfer next month, so right now, I'm on birth control and Lupron. I will start Progesterone in Oil and Estrace in a couple of weeks, as well as Doxycycline and Medrol during the week of the transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Genuinely like all the nurses that I have come into contact with. They're all very compassionate and seem to really wish success for their patients. When I had my HSG, I was absolutely terrified.....I don't handle a speculum very well due to childhood trauma, and I had decided not to take a Valium beforehand, because it seems like sometimes Valium doesn't work for me. Two nurses that I had never seen before held my hands all through the procedure and tried to talk to me throughout to keep my mind occupied on other things. They were awesome. Same for the nurses who have helped me with my egg retrievals.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very clean, neat, and professional-looking. The location is easy to get to and I very rarely wait for longer than 10 minutes for my appointment. However, I do feel like the prices are higher than average.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Ruman at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
I do feel like the costs of these procedures at this clinic are higher than average. I spent about $12,000 last year on IUIs, blood work, ultrasounds, an HSG, and an SIS. So far this year (we're in April now, and I've done two egg retrievals and am preparing for my first embryo transfer), I've spent about $28,000. All of this is out of pocket. I also wonder if some of these ultrasounds actually COULD be filed with my insurance, because my previous clinic told me that ultrasounds were covered by BC/BS. So I wonder if this clinic just doesn't file the ultrasounds with the insurance in a certain way.
Describe Jane Ruman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
My clinic's policy is to only transfer one embryo. Personally, I would prefer that they allowed up to two embryos at a time. The official party line from the doctor is that they do this to reduce the chance of multiples, which comes with risks to both the babies and the mother; however, the cynic in me thinks that only transferring one embryo also financially benefits the clinic, because if one embryo doesn't implant, then the patient has to pay for another transfer.....whereas transferring two has higher odds of success.
Jane Ruman
Franklin

Dr. Montville was very attentive and through in explinations. He was respectful of our time. He answered all of our questions and encouraged us to ask them. Overall he treated us as people not just as patients...He will only transfer 1 tested embryo for our age...He took time to get to know us as people as well as patients. He never made us feel rushed or pushed us into treatment.
Overall they [the Tennessee Fertility Institute nurses] are caring and willing to provide or get any needed information. In non-IVF cases I feel like there is more confusion and not knowing who is responsible for different things...Insurance knowledge is not good. It took 10 months for them to tell us that the lab was out of network; while the doctor and faciltiy are in-network. This has caused issues with how to move forward. The receptionist is really kind and helpful.
How was your experience with Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
Do not be afraid to ask questions or voice concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
Dr. Montville was very attentive and caring. He took time to get to know us as people as well as patients. He never made us feel rushed or pushed us into treatment.
Describe the protocols Christopher Montville used in your cycles at Tennessee Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
3 cycles - 2.5 mg letrozole for 3 days; progesterone after ovulation 1 cycle - 2.5 mg letrozole for 3 days, ovidrel trigger shot, progesterone after ovulation
Overall they are caring and willing to provide or get any needed information. In non-IVF cases I feel like there is more confusion and not knowing who is responsible for different things.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
~$2000 for testing and office visits associated with medicated timed intercourse, including SIS, HSG, genetic testing. $1926 for retrieval and associated appointments (with insurance), not including blood work and anesthesia. $7150 for embryology lab (including ICSI and cyropreservation) self pay, $5000 for IVF medication, $5500 for PGS testing
Describe Christopher Montville's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
He will only transfer 1 tested embryo for our age
What specific things went wrong at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Not informing us the IVF lab is out of network while the rest of the clinic is in-network. Delaying calling prescriptions into the pharmacy. Not having Rhogam on hand; having to go to OB for shot during miscarriage.
Franklin

Dr Montville is not overwhelming friendly but he makes you feel welcome and heard. He presents the information in a way that is easy to understand and makes sure you have a total grasp on your diagnosis and treatment. He is very big on communication and seeing his patients at as many appointments as possible...Once he starts to explain and go through everything it can get a little overwhelming making it easy to loose sit of the more "basic" questions you might have had before walking in...was the first doctor that we had that really sat down and explained to us what our dianogsis meant and what he was going to do to help. He wrote everything out and drew pictures of everything along the way. He took time to explain and made sure we felt comfortable. Two days after our appointment he sent a personal email to see if we had any more questions that came up
We were provided a meeting with the financial department [of Tennessee Fertility Institute] at our very first meeting. She gave us a packet that laid out the cost of IVF- $13k from initial ultrasound through transfer plus and additional 3-7k for medications. She called our insurance to see if anything was covered for us and got back to us within two days...The clinic is small and there is hardly anyone else in the waiting room with you so you don't feel like you are in a massive treatment center. The lady at the front desk is extremely helpful and kind. I called to come in from another clinic and Dr Montville was booked several months out but she understood the urgency felt when you have started with treatments and got us in to see him within two weeks. the only weakness is that because it is small it is hard to get anyone on phone first try but they almost always call you back within 5 minutes.
Come in with a list of questions so you make sure you know what you need to ask beforehand. Once he starts to explain and go through everything it can get a little overwhelming making it easy to loose sit of the more "basic" questions you might have had before walking in.
Dr Montville was the first doctor that we had that really sat down and explained to us what our dianogsis meant and what he was going to do to help. He wrote everything out and drew pictures of everything along the way. He took time to explain and made sure we felt comfortable. Two days after our appointment he sent a personal email to see if we had any more questions that came up
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
We were provided a meeting with the financial department at our very first meeting. She gave us a packet that laid out the cost of IVF- $13k from initial ultrasound through transfer plus and additional 3-7k for medications. She called our insurance to see if anything was covered for us and got back to us within two days.
Franklin

Dr. Montville takes his time with each of my appointments to make sure he has answered all of my questions. He is very thorough and I don't ever feel rushed...performs all of the procedures himself including the ultrasounds. He does tend to run a bit behind schedule quite often (like 15-20 mins behind schedule) but we are ok with that since we never feel rushed when it is our turn. We are happy thus far with our care and hope we will find success with Dr. Montville!
I seem to see the same nurse at each visit [at Tennessee Fertility Institute] which is great because she is very friendly and always on top of calling in my prescriptions!...Strengths: getting to see the doctor at each visit and the facility is welcoming Weaknesses: Often the provider is running about 15-20 mins behind but he does not rush you when it is your turn; Sometimes it is hard to reach the nurses by phone. Typically communicating by their portal is better
Overall, my husband and I are very satisfied with Dr. Montville. We originally started with a different RE but were not pleased with the care we were receiving so we sought out a second opinion from Dr. Montville. We have been with him ever since! He is very thorough and performs all of the procedures himself including the ultrasounds. He does tend to run a bit behind schedule quite often (like 15-20 mins behind schedule) but we are ok with that since we never feel rushed when it is our turn. We are happy thus far with our care and hope we will find success with Dr. Montville!
We have only completed one IUI thus far with him and will be completing more in the future. We started with Letrozole since we had tried clomid at the previous RE office. We used a trigger shot for ovulation and then followed the IUI with progesterone for 2 weeks. Unfortunately this cycle did not result in a pregnancy but as far as the treatment goes, the protocol was clear and easy to follow.
I seem to see the same nurse at each visit which is great because she is very friendly and always on top of calling in my prescriptions!
Franklin

be prepared to implement treatment right away rather than spending a considerable amount of time thinking through what you want to do. Dr. Montville and his staff are very ready to start treatment immediately, and if you're not sure you're ready to move forward, you could feel somewhat rushed to make a decision...I have not been educated about this approach [Eset Approach].
The nursing staff [at Tennessee Fertility Institute] are very positive, knowledgeable, and helpful...The IUI was $1200, and the medications were about $70-$140 depending on the dosage...I am overall satisfied with this clinic. I do find it frustrating that they're only open Monday-Thursday. It would be very helpful if they were open on Fridays. I appreciate their prompt responses on the patient portal online communication platform. They are understanding and will often work around scheduling conflicts and the inevitable unpredictability of fertility concerns.
Dr. Montville is newer to this practice, and I prefer him over the doctor who I saw previously (Dr. Donna Session). I didn't feel that Dr. Session had adequate listening skills, and she didn't educate me on the procedures or conditions as much as I would have liked. Dr. Montville's interactions with us have been much more thorough and tailored to what we want to know and do.
I would advise them to be prepared to implement treatment right away rather than spending a considerable amount of time thinking through what you want to do. Dr. Montville and his staff are very ready to start treatment immediately, and if you're not sure you're ready to move forward, you could feel somewhat rushed to make a decision.
Dr. Montville's eye contact, tone of voice, and listening skills are very personable. I am thankful for his patience in thoroughly explaining conditions and procedures as well. He listens to my concerns, my husband's concerns, and gives detailed, insightful answers.
I used letrozole with timed intercourse for 2-3 cycles with no pregnancies resulting from it. I then went on several months of norethindrone to keep my endometriosis symptoms suppressed while we figured out next steps. I then took letrozole, used an HSG trigger shot, and had an IUI with my husband's sperm. This did not result in a positive pregnancy.
The nursing staff are very positive, knowledgeable, and helpful.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
I have not been educated about this approach.