Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
6031 Shallowford Road
Chattanooga, TN 37421
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tennessee Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

2 doctors
I have zero complaints [about the nurses at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine]. I'm a very hard stick, due to small veins that roll, and their patience with me is outstanding...Weakness: When you call, you leave a voicemail and someone gets back to you that day. You won't get anyone on the phone when you call. Strengths: Having an idea of what is going on with every single patient, working around my schedule, making sure I understand everything Dr. Scotchie and I discussed, and being extremely friendly.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Scotchie at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
She was extremely interested in hearing my and my husband's story. She listened attentively as we gave her the run down of our last 3 years of TTC and my history of being treated for endometriosis, twice. She made sure to explain everything to a level, in which we could understand. At our initial consultation, we were made aware of what to expect for the next month (blood work, X-rays, ultrasounds, sperm analysis, etc) and why each exam was important in determining the best route for our treatment. At each exam I've been to, after the initial consultation, she always greeted me by name, even on days I had to see the other doctor for certain tests. We have a follow up consultation to go over our tests, in a week, and I'm honestly so excited to see her again.
I've never met a more friendly nursing staff. I have zero complaints. I'm a very hard stick, due to small veins that roll, and their patience with me is outstanding.
How was your experience with Jessica Scotchie at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
My doctor knows I'm in nursing school, and has made it a point to schedule things on days that work best around my class and clinical schedule. She stresses the importance of my school and has gone over things to expect when it gets closer to time to do IUI or IVF (whichever one we find out next week we need to do). We were also explained to, it great detail, the break down of what each test/procedure costs. That was nice, because that allows us to have a visualization of potential costs of any procedure, without being blind sided. She listened to our concerns as a couple and individually, without feeling judged by asking silly questions. I couldn't be more thankful for the experiences I've already had with her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Scotchie at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Ask any and every question you feel like you need to ask. She is completely open minded and more than happy to explain. If you're looking for a doctor who doesn't let you walk out feeling unsure with concerns/questions left unanswered, she is the one for you!
Describe the protocols Jessica Scotchie used in your cycles at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
So far, I've had to have the following procedures done: Blood work to for a full CBC and hormone levels. This is self explanatory and provides a good baseline to compare in later procedures. Intravaginal ultra sound on cycle day 3 to count egg follicles, because that's the best time to see them and to make sure I did in fact produce eggs. More blood work on this day to check hormone levels during my cycle. An HSG (xray) to examine the patency of my tubes, as well as the anatomy of my uterus. If tubes are blocked, it can affect whether or not the sperm and egg can even meet. Next week will be my husband's sperm analysis, to check the number and motility of his swimmers. We then follow up 2 hours later to analyze all the tests and determine whether IUI or IVF will be the most effective route, or if they need to do an endoscopy to explore the severity of my returned endometriosis.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Scotchie at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
I don't remember at this time, but I do know they were extremely reasonable compared to some other doctors.
Describe Jessica Scotchie's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
We very much only want one baby. She was completely understanding of that, considered twins are always a possibility. They have high success rates with single embryo pregnancies, and that's one reason they caught my eye while researching best fertility doctors around me. We will get more information on this if IVF is the route we need to take.
Chattanooga

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jessica Scotchie at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.

The cost [at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] is consistent with the going rates in our area and comparable with research done online, IVF online calculator, etc...The location is easy to find, clean, and well organized. The scheduling is done in a way that there is not much time spent waiting I. The waiting room. The most I’ve ever had to wait was maybe 20mins but that was rare...All of the nurses have been excellent. They are prompt returning phone calls, calling with lab results, and answering questions via the online portal. I will be assigned a nurse during my IVF cycle, I just haven’t reached that step yet.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Scotchie adddesses all of my concerns and questions in a very informative yet understandable manner. She has never made me feel silly or like I’ve asked a stupid question (although I’m sure a fair share of them would fall under those categories). She takes her time with me and makes me feel comfortable and at ease.
Dr. Scotchie is great, my overall experience has been a positive one. The day we found out that we were going to miscarry Dr. Scotchie was very honest but delicate when informing us. She called me at the end of her very busy day, around 6:30-7pm that evening to check on me and see if I had any questions. That is just one example of her patient care. She is a very intelligent and skilled doctor. I am thankful for her expertise in my situation.
Be prepared to receive much information. Dr. Scotchie is very good at communicating in an understandable and clear way but it is a TON of information and can be overwhelming.
I have PCOS and was referred to Dr. Scotchie by my OBGYN. Dr. Scotchie surgically removed some ovarian cysts in March 2015. I was then prescribed Letrozole to help me ovulate. I got pregnant in June of 2015 and gave birth to my healthy son February 2016. I am now 40 years old and trying to conceive again. This go round has not been as successful as above. We started the same treatment as above in May 2017. I got pregnant in February 2018 but unfortunately this resulted in a miscarriage. My husband and I are currently undergoing the necessary steps to start IVF.
The cost is consistent with the going rates in our area and comparable with research done online, IVF online calculator, etc.
I have not reached this stage in my journey as of yet.
Chattanooga

Every employee I've met has been friendly and sensitive. The facility [Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] is clean and well run. It is getting busier and busier, but once you have your first appointment they make sure they can fit you in for testing etc....I have had several nurses and they have all been great. They are all very sensitive about my miscarriages. They are all very competent and organized.... The monitoring was about $300 per cycle.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is the best around. Check out their SART scores for yourself, but I found them to be above average from a statistical perspective. Every employee I've met has been friendly and sensitive. The facility is clean and well run. It is getting busier and busier, but once you have your first appointment they make sure they can fit you in for testing etc.
Dr. Scotchie is the best doctor I have ever had. She listens to my questions and provides answers. She never makes me feel silly or crazy for asking questions or getting emotional about our treatment.
Dr. Scotchie has great scientific knowledge as well as an excellent bedside manner. Prior to being referred to her, we were dealing with an OB who was not very sensitive. Dr. Scotchie makes me feel heard and presents information in a way that is easy to understand.
Don't be afraid to ask questions about treatment options and really push her, she is great at providing the information you need.
We are still in treatment. We have had all of our testing done and I have unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss. We tried clomid for several cycles to find out if we could increase my follicle count and have a chance at a better egg that way. Unfortunately those cycles were not effective and I did not get pregnant. We are planning to move to IVF with PGS testing.
So far the costs have mostly been testing and miscarriage treatment related. I spent probably $3,000 OOP on testing and miscarriage related procedures last year. This year we did several clomid cycles. The clomid is very affordable. The monitoring was about $300 per cycle. We are planning to do IVF in a few months and the costs do seem high compared to other clinics (about $22k total for one round with PGS testing) but at the same time the clinic has good success scores.
Dr. Scotchie prefers the eSET method and has explained that this reduces the risk of multiples, and that multiples create a higher likelihood of complications.

2014 - 2018
The staff [at TN Reproductive Med] is welcoming, there's never more than a couple patients waiting at the same time, and the wait times are usually minimal! TRM makes their patients feel valued and truly cared for! Scheduling an appointment is easy!... Dr. Scotchie prescribed me progesterone as an extra measure due to my two miscarriages. I had another miscarriage after my daughter was born, and started seeing Dr. Scotchie. I let her know I watched my cycles closely and noticed I may have luteal phase defect. Because of this, she suggested a small dose of femara (2.5mg?) to speed up my ovulation times. I also took progesterone every cycle. I got pregnant after 3 cycles and started lovenox shots. Unfortunately and very sadly, I also lost this baby after I stopped seeing Dr. Scotchie (because I was past the 9 week mark).
2014 - 2018
European, Other
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The staff is welcoming, there's never more than a couple patients waiting at the same time, and the wait times are usually minimal! TRM makes their patients feel valued and truly cared for! Scheduling an appointment is easy!
Dr. Scotchie invited me to tell her my story before asking any questions.
Always cheerful, listened well, and lended their support.
Dr. Scotchie demonstrates compassion, thorough patient care, and an agreed upon action plan that made me feel at ease and comfortable. She left no detail overlooked when I was in her care. She personally called and left me a voicemail when I notified her office of my miscarriage. During my only full term pregnancy she saw me every week my first trimester and I can't say just how much that eased my fears and anxieties after repeated loss.
Be patient with your personal journey and remain hopeful, as your care is truly in the best hands.
Mine is different because it's not the typical infertility treatment. I thought my care was affordable.
Chattanooga

We have only completed the diagnostic and treatment [at TN Repro Med] to repair me so that IVF would even be possible.... The only trouble I had was understanding the fee chart. But I attribute this to the fact this isn't something I deal with daily. That being said, Angie from their office, called me and spent at least an hour on the phone going through all my questions and explained things until I understood.... Our costs will be between $26,000 to $39,000. This includes medicines, genetic testing, transfers of all quality embryos until exhausted, and storage costs.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
I had seen another doctor for treatment closer to home. He did not listen to me. I felt like I was begging for him to please treat me. Dr. Scotchie listened to me!! She and her staff treated my concerns about my fertility as if they were valid. Both my prior fertility doctor and obgyn, misdiagnosed my perforated fallopian tubes as cysts. Dr. Scotchie took the time to find the real reason behind my infertility and not only that but she fixed an issue that had caused me years of pain and suffering. The staff at her office is so kind and understanding. We travel 4 hours one way to see them because of how we are treated and respected.
Kind and compassionate. Everyone smiles and is friendly, always.
She listens, she shows kindness, compassion, and is truly empathic to how I feel about my treatment. When I had my surgery to remove my tubes that were so badly damaged, she not only cared to ask how I felt physically but emotionally. She comforted me and made me feel validated in my emotions about my situation.
You will be cared for on a level I feel is not too commonly found among many doctors. I feel like I matter as a person.
We have only completed the diagnostic and treatment to repair me so that IVF would even be possible.
I appreciate that they support single transfer for the health of me and to promote a chance at live birth.
Chattanooga

TRM is great at everything. The nurses are wonderful. The office staff is great. ... We did the money back guarantee IVF so it was more expensive because it included up to 3 egg retrievals and as many transfers as needed to have a successful pregnancy or your money back. ... Our IVF nurse was amazing, the other nurses are great as well, and the office and billing people are wonderful.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
TRM is great at everything. The nurses are wonderful. The office staff is great. Dr. Murray and Dr. Scotchie are the best and really care about their patients. They really have no weaknesses. I wish we could have stayed their throughout pregnancy and had them deliver our son.
Dr. Scotchie was amazing. I remember on a particularly hard day I called the office and she was able to do a phone consultation with me. There are so many emotions that go with infertility and she understands that there are hard days. She didn't just listen, but gave compassionate advice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
I love everyone at TRM. Our IVF nurse was amazing, the other nurses are great as well, and the office and billing people are wonderful. When you finish treatment successfully you "graduate" to your OBs office. It was a bittersweet day for us because they felt like family.
We loved doctor Scotchie. She was smart, informative, compassionate, and honest. She knows what she's doing and has an incredibly sweet personality. She encouraged us to try IUI and IVF. When our IUIs were unsuccessful, she gave us time, space, and information to decide when and if we wanted to pressure IVF. She never made us feel rushed.
Be honest with her about what treatments you are ready to try and she'll guide you into what she thinks will work for you.
I seemed like a healthy 25 year old when I first met Jessica. I had been trying for nine months, but other than that I was healthy. She recommended IUI since IVF was not covered by our insurance. After three failed attempts we took a break. When we came back I was ready to try IVF. She offered me the option to do a money back guarantee program if we were healthy enough to qualify. I passed every fertility diagnostic test with flying colors. After we did an egg retrieval and a failed fresh transfer, she scheduled a frozen transfer. We were successful with our last embryo.
We had zero insurance coverage. Each IUI was around $1000 and our IVF was around $30,000 including medication. We did the money back guarantee IVF so it was more expensive because it included up to 3 egg retrievals and as many transfers as needed to have a successful pregnancy or your money back.
Dr. Scotchie really advocates for eSET but looks at the patients individually. Ultimately the decision was up to us and since she did not perform our transfers we discussed and decided with our other doctor to transfer 2 embryos each time.
Chattanooga

The clinic [Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] was beautiful- always bright and clean. The receptionists were always sweet and welcoming. The biggest downside for me was the cost- which is an obvious and unavoidable one. I wish that they had more options for payment plans or taking care credit or been able to advise us on other options for handling the costs.... The nurses were really great at communicating with me about next steps and all.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was beautiful- always bright and clean. The receptionists were always sweet and welcoming. The biggest downside for me was the cost- which is an obvious and unavoidable one. I wish that they had more options for payment plans or taking care credit or been able to advise us on other options for handling the costs.
The office staff was always to nice! Dr. Scotchie was always so sweet and encouraging. The nurses were great at getting back to me both on the online portal and via phone calls. When I went in for a blood draw one time the nurse remembered something we had talked about the last time she drew my blood. They were just always so welcoming and sweet.
They were great! They were always quick to get back to me with results and communicate on the patient portal.
Dr. Scotchie has a great bedside manner. I knew that when I went in for my monitoring ultrasounds she was probably in a rush- but she was good at making sure she answered questions and explaining to me what I saw. I would have liked to have had more interactions with her but I understand this is a common issue at a busy fertility clinic. The nurses were really great at communicating with me about next steps and all.
Make sure you remember your questions when you have your time with Dr. Scotchie- sometimes I would leave and remember that I'd wished I had asked something. She was very flexible with my treatment and starting conservative which I appreciated. Utilize the patient portal- I found it was a great way to communicate with my nurses since I work during the day and had a hard time always answering their phone calls.
I was diagnosed with PCOS by a previous doctor. When I started at TRM I had done a few unscusseful rounds of unmonitored clomid with my obgyn. Funds were limited for me at the time. We chose to start with Femara for 3 months before doing further diagnostics (ie. checking my tubes and sperm analysis). All 3 cycles were unsuccessful and then we had to relocate out of state. I would have loved to continue my treatment at TRM but the move made that impossible.
I think my initial consult was around 300 and each ultrasound was around 300

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
There are many times when there is a long wait for your appointment [at TN Fertility Institute] but it doesn't happen every time. Sometimes there seem to be communication issues internally...Stephanie went over and above my expectations. She was caring, responsive and communicated well through the process. She always called when she said she would after a blood draw, even on Saturday...It was $12,000 for the IVF process, $550 for anesthesia and PGS was $5,500 but was optional.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
There are many times when there is a long wait for your appointment but it doesn't happen every time. Sometimes there seem to be communication issues internally.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Donna Session at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Sessions is very thorough and answers any and all questions you have. She is concerned with your well being. The nurses are very caring and personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
How was your experience with Donna Session at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
I felt that Dr Session listened to all of our questions and answered the best she could. She definitely reads up on the latest studies and is proactive in treatment. While it was sometimes frustrating to go to some of the ultrasounds to check follicles and not see the Doctor and see a resident, she was there for all the important procedures. Sometimes it is still difficult to make the decisions you are trying to make based solely on percentages and statistics, but it is a numbers game. When we received a negative result she called me as soon as she could to find out how I was and give me options for next time if we chose to do it again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Donna Session at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to spend a good amount of time at the office if you have alot of questions.
Describe the protocols Donna Session used in your cycles at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
My protocol started with using estrogen patches and Cetrotide 9 days after a positive ovulation kit to suppress because I have diminished ovarian reserve. Then I used Gonal-F at a high dose twice a day plus Menopur 75iu until the follicles were a good size and then used Cetrotide. After retrieval I used progesterone in oil shots and Lovenox shots to help with clotting due to previous pregnancy losses. We were originally going to PGS test but decided not to when we only had 3.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Donna Session at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
We had to do a self pay plan due to no insurance coverage for fertility treatments but they did cover diagnostic testing. It was $12,000 for the IVF process, $550 for anesthesia and PGS was $5,500 but was optional. The meds were purchased from an outside pharmacy.
Donna Session
Chattanooga

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Donna Session at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
They [Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] do a lot of communication through an online patient portal, which I love. It's easy and fast. I'm able to see any test results or have my questions answered within a day...TRM does a great job of making the patients feel comfortable. The staff is very friendly. In general, they do a good job of maintaining privacy. The sign in sheet is completely confidential, you would never know who had come and gone that day.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
TRM does a great job of making the patients feel comfortable. The staff is very friendly. In general, they do a good job of maintaining privacy. The sign in sheet is completely confidential, you would never know who had come and gone that day. Although the waiting room is very small, and right by the front door, I've never had to wait long. The clinic is very well maintained with up to date equipment. They do a lot of communication through an online patient portal, which I love. It's easy and fast. I'm able to see any test results or have my questions answered within a day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kayla)
Kayla is such a sweet person. She is very understanding and easy to talk to. She was the first person we met at the clinic, and sh she really made me feel comfortable from day 1.
Dr. Scotchie is very kind. Upon our first meeting with her, we immediately felt comfortable and knew we were in good hands. She really takes the time to listen and get to know her patients. After briefly discussing our 2 year struggle with infertility, she was able to determine that I likely had endometriosis. My previous doctor never suggested that it was possible. After a laparoscopy, which we were able to schedule quickly and easily, endometriosis was confirmed (and removed). We are so impressed by her insight and attention to detail.
There is nothing to be worried or embarrassed about with Dr. Scotchie. She is easy to talk to and really makes an effort to show her patients how invested she is in their success.
After a laparoscopy (performed by Dr. Scotchie) which determined that my previously diagnosed unexplained infertility was actually stage II endometriosis, she presented us with a couple of options moving forward. She allows her patients to choose how aggressive they would like their treatment to be. We decided to try on our own for a couple of months before moving on to an IUI, which she thought was great given our ages and other fertility factors. She prescribed me 5mg of Letrozole to increase our chances slightly. She advised against Clomid as the extra estrogen could cause my endometriosis to grow back quicker.
Initial fertility work up was around $800, largely covered by insurance. My baseline ultrasound, pre-surgery monitoring was billed for $600, also covered by insurance. I've not yet received a bill for my laparoscopy procedure, but the clinic did not charge for my pre-op or post-op visit.
Chattanooga

This clinic [Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] is very organized and compassionate. I have always felt comfortable at my appointments...They [the nurses] are very friendly. They always respond to messages the same day if you call before 2 pm. They are good at answering any questions you may have. I honestly can't think of any negative experiences with the nurses...We really have not had a bad experience with Dr. Murray and his office.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is very organized and compassionate. I have always felt comfortable at my appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
He explains everything so well, and we were given several options to consider instead of jumping straight in to IVF. We have always felt comfortable talking with him about our fertility issues.
They are very friendly. They always respond to messages the same day if you call before 2 pm. They are good at answering any questions you may have. I honestly can't think of any negative experiences with the nurses.
How was your experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Our experience with Dr. Murray has been great so far. We are still seeking treatment. He is very detailed with his explanations. I appreciate how he will draw things out on a piece of paper to help you understand, and then he gives you the paper at the end of the meeting for memory. He is not pushy when it comes to treatment. We feel we can go at our own pace. He is a great communicator. We really have not had a bad experience with Dr. Murray and his office.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
I know that choosing to seek fertility treatment can be exciting but scary at the same time. I was definitely nervous before our first visit because of the unknown. As soon as I stepped foot in the office, it felt very welcoming. Then we met Dr. Murray. He greeted us with a handshake, and we went to his office to talk about what we needed to do. My advice would be to not get nervous (I know that is easier said than done) about meeting Dr. Murray. He is very understanding and you can tell he cares about wanting to see your dreams of becoming a parent come true.
Describe the protocols Rink Murray used in your cycles at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
One of the reasons we started to seek fertility treatment was because we found out my husband had low sperm count. All this time I thought it was me because I had very irregular periods. Dr. Murray tested me for everything. We did blood work, an ultrasound to look at my ovaries, and hysterosalpingogram (HSG) to make sure my fallopian tubes weren't blocked. Everything tested normal, so the only thing we figured was I didn't ovulate regularly. My husband started taking Clomid 50 MG 1/2 tablet every other day. It usually takes several months of taking Clomid to make a difference, so I started taking Letrozole to help me ovulate regularly in hopes we would get lucky. The Letrozole dosage was 2.5 MG. I would have to call the nurses when I started my period (Cycle day 1) to let them know I was starting a treatment cycle. On cycle day 3, I would start taking Letrozole at 2 pills per day for 5 days. I had to test for ovulation starting on cycle day 10 until I ovulated. I would always ovulate between cycle day 19-21. I would have to call the nurses to let them know I had an LH surge. I took Letrozole for 6 cycles, but we never got pregnant. We met up with Dr. Murray for a meeting, and decided that my husband should do another seman analysis to see if the Clomid helped improve sperm count. It did a little, but not enough. Right now we are trying to decide if we should do IVF because it seems like that is the best option with our fertility issues.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
My husband had to pay $100 per seman analysis. I had to pay about $150 for a serum progesterone test. My Letrozole pills were about $10 per cycle for 6 cycles. My husband's Clomid pills were about $38 every refill. My insurance has paid for regroup appointments. I am not sure what the exact cost will be for IVF, but we are looking into it right now.
Describe Rink Murray's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
I do believe he prefers eSET as it is much safer.
Chattanooga

Everyone [at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] was kind, organized and professional. This clinic was worth the 2 hr drive for us. I can't think of any weaknesses...The nursing staff is great! When my local OBs office told me I was going to have a miscarriage at 5w6d I left a message for the on-call nurse and Candy called me back on her cell phone and reassured me it was too early to know and told me I could call her on her cell at any time. So she was excellent! I'm glad I listened to her and all was fine when we drove the 2 hrs to our clinic 4 days later and heard the heartbeat.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone was kind, organized and professional. This clinic was worth the 2 hr drive for us. I can't think of any weaknesses.
He has always been so generous with his time and never made me feel stupid even when I had lots of questions. He understands my need to understand every part of the process and has called me personally on the phone to explain things.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Candy)
How was your experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Murray is the first doctor I've ever seen, fertility or otherwise, who I trust completely, and know he truly wants the best for us and will do whatever it takes to get us there. He is kind, empathetic (probably helps that he and his wife experienced infertility), and extremely intelligent, and thorough in his explanations.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He is always willing to ask and help change course if needed.
Because my FSH and AMH were bordering he started me on a high dose of Gonal-F. After monitoring on day 6 my follicles weren't growing as quickly as he would have wanted and moved me up for 375IUs. We had a successful retrieval with 10 eggs retrieved, and eset and pregnancy. Sadly we lost that baby at 21 weeks and Dr Murray called me personally to offer condolences and assured me he would do everything possible to be sure it didn't happen again and he meant it. Several months later we transferred a frozen 4BB embryo. I called a few times and spoke with nurses because I was having a horrible reaction to the PIO (100mg/ml due to my history of low progesterone). He called me back personally on a Friday evening to find out exactly what my symptoms were and switch me over to a high dose of suppositories so I wouldn't be in constant pain. This cycle was also successful and I'm 11w2d today.
I think a fresh Ivf cycle would be $12,000 or so and a FET was $3,600. We had insurance coverage so we only had to pay our deductible.
He always recommended eset to us saying the stats weren't significant enough to encourage transferring 2, especially because we didn't want the potential risks of twins. We were grateful for this advice.
Chattanooga

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.

2013 - 2017
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
IUI was about $3,500 [at Tennessee Reproductive Med] I believe. We did the IVF refund guarantee program, with ICSI, and paid about $28,000, I believe. That would have been for 3 fresh IVF attempts, and all frozen transfers from those retrievals, until a live birth. We only made it thru 1 fresh retrieval with a transfer, and 1 frozen transfer. The clinic went over and above for us by allowing us to do a second fresh retrieval so that we could do embryo testing. They effectively cancelled the guarantee contract and let those fees cover the retrieval. That was a huge goodwill gesture for us and was greatly appreciated.
2013 - 2017
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
Excellent doctors, nurses and support staff. Convenient location. No scheduling issues. State of the art care and facility.
Dr. Scotchie is both professional and personal. I always felt like I was receiving the best possible care and medical plan, but also the highest level of compassion.
We had an overall great experience with nurses at this clinic. The IVF nurse being the only real exception to that. She is a bit scattered and often unprepared. The other nurses are excellent.
Dr. Scotchie was truly a blessing for me. We left our first clinic because they fell short in providing what I expected as a level of care and compassion. Dr. Scotchie exceeded my expectations in both medical care and personal compassion.
Always take an active role in your medical care. Ask questions, challenge the status quo. Trust Dr. Scotchie.
We tried many different options during our years of treatment. I don't remember specifics. Part of enduring such a long journey is letting go of the past and focusing on the present. What I do remember is that Dr. Scotchie was always willing to put a lot of time in to a specific treatment plan tailored for us. We endured a very complicated miscarriage with our first round of IVF, fresh transfer, that resulted in about 9 months of treatments and a diagnosis of trophoblastic disease. Dr. Scotchie was amazing through the entire journey. Afterwards, we realized my lining had been damaged and would not longer grow thick enough to sustain a pregnancy. Dr. Scotchie reached out across the country to her peers to try to identify a treatment plan that we could try. We tried everything that she could come up with, but unfortunately nothing worked. After a grieving process (which we always felt Dr. Scotchie to be supportive of us taking time between cycles), we decided to pursue conceiving via a gestational surrogate. Dr. Scotchie has been amazing during this process. Our GS was experienced, plus works at an OBGYN office. Dr. Scotchie was supportive of trying an unmedicated cycle, which ended up being successful. She has always been willing to evaluate each situation for its own merit and make an informed timely decision.
IUI was about $3,500, I believe. We did the IVF refund guarantee program, with ICSI, and paid about $28,000, I believe. That would have been for 3 fresh IVF attempts, and all frozen transfers from those retrievals, until a live birth. We only made it thru 1 fresh retrieval with a transfer, and 1 frozen transfer. The clinic went over and above for us by allowing us to do a second fresh retrieval so that we could do embryo testing. They effectively cancelled the guarantee contract and let those fees cover the retrieval. That was a huge goodwill gesture for us and was greatly appreciated.
Dr. Scotchie always recommended transfering 1 single embryo. During our first retrieval we did not have testing on embryos. We ended up deciding to transfer multiple embryos to my uterus during that first transfer (which ended in miscarriage). During the 1 frozen transfer we did to my uterus we transferred multiple embryos due to the state of things during unthawing. We transferred a single tested embryo to our GS.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
The clinic [Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] is just right homey not too hospitalish...[The nurses] Always acknowledged me by name on phone and in person. Always supportive and smiling. Talked me off every ledge and really good at drawing labs!...We had male factor infertility. We decided to do natural cycle IVF and only had two embryos. We spoke to Dr Murray and he was VERY understo of our go big or go home attitude of wanting to transfer both. We were young and broke from trying to correct our male factor fertility with surgeries that we had to pay for up front. Our state and jobs offered no help/coverage for infertility.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is just right homey not too hospitalish. Give them a try I promise you will not regret it I've sent 5+ people to them and most got pregnant within a year. I've never heard anyone I've sent they say a single negative word after going.
Dr Murray is so personable. From the moment we met him, he came to get us from the waiting room himself, it was evident how genuine he was. Being young he sat down with us to discuss all of our options and shar d his personal journey as well (tear jerker)! He even went on to recommend therapy because of our issues and age but not once did he push any one option on us. He was beyond through and took his absolute time with us. He checked on lab results while we were in his office to try and get us immediate results for an even better game plan. We traveled a little over an hour to go see them and it was worth five times that drive time!
How was your experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
He's personable, relatable, genuine, through, well educated. He showed sympathy/empathy every step of the way. Making us feel more like family than a patient. I never questioned his plan for us and not once did I doubt that he wanted nothing but amazing success in our journey. He communited wiht our local OBGYN to help coordinate getting labs without having to travel as often which was awesome!
Be 100% honest if you lay everything out from the beginning it helps him see.the whole picture from what you have already been though to your goals and how to get there. Don't be afraid to cry and show the pain I promise he will provide comfort for you and help ease your heart the best he can!
Natural cycle IVF with donor used $5k
He understood out stand point on I and NEVER made us feel judged for our decision

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
Dr Murray practices here with Dr. Scotchie. I really don't care for his style. He's very unemotional and unsympathetic.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
Jessica Scotchie takes time to sit and answer every single question I have, no matter how silly it might be. If I'm concerned about something, she quickly finds a solution or explains to take away my concern. She also knows fertility treatments are expensive without insurance coverage! She works hard to keep costs to a minimum. The nurses in the office are amazing. I cried when I miscarried and had to bring the embryo in for testing. The nurse took the time to sit down with me and tell me that this was not my only chance. That I would carry again and that in time this would get better.
Kayla. She's young and does not have children yet, but she is so empathetic and loving. She even takes time for a little chit chat on the phone when calling with lab results and she gets excited over good hcg levels too!
What specific things went wrong at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Jessica is very bright and lively and extremely intelligent. When I ask a question, she answers in incredible detail and can quote me statistics off the top of her head to help me understand how it all works. She is extremely compassionate with miscarriage patients and will give them a hug and tell them she's in it with them. She remembers me when she happens to see me in the hall getting a blood test and remembers my daughter's and husband's names. She is also very flexible. She will tell me what she thinks will work best, but if I want it done another way she will do it.
She will let you follow the fertility path you want. So, at first I told her I wanted to go gently and she put me on just clomid with natural intercourse. When that didn't work, I told her I wanted more aggressive and she immediately recommended iui. She'll try to read what you want and give you the treatment you want. Ask lots of questions and then be clear about what you want because she's looking for you to tell her what you want.
Jessica put me on Clomid with natural intercourse for awhile and when I didn't get results, she recommended iui with clomid only or clomid and trigger shot. She told me I had high chances of success and she was absolutely right. My first two iuis were successful, although the first resulted in miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormalities. My second iui I am now pregnant and waiting for first ultrasound. It's all looking good!

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
I was always [treated by the staff at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine as] an individual. The receptionists, nurses and Dr Scotchie knew me and my family. They remembered who came with me before and knew my family member's names... I miscarried naturally and had to bring it in to Kayla. It was SO hard. I cried and she looked me in the eyes and told me that even though this was so hard, it would eventually get better and I WOULD get another chance.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
I was always an individual. The receptionists, nurses and Dr Scotchie knew me and my family. They remembered who came with me before and knew my family member's names.
When I miscarried, I chose to have one of the embryos tested for chromosomal abnormalities. I miscarried naturally and had to bring it in to Kayla. It was SO hard. I cried and she looked me in the eyes and told me that even though this was so hard, it would eventually get better and I WOULD get another chance. I had family and friends all trying to say something to make me feel better, but Kayla was the one who did it.
What specific things went wrong at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Scotchie is very responsive. When I first came to her, I didn't want to do anything aggressive. She responded with a treatment plan that was gentle. Then, when I didn't get the results I wanted, I went back and asked for something more aggressive. She suggested IUI. I asked about IVF, but she encouraged me away from it because she said my fertility problems didn't warrant that huge of an expenditure to get a positive result. She was absolutely right and saved us thousands of dollars. She is patient and kind. She gave me a hug and let me cry when I miscarried. She is the kindest Dr I have ever known. And extremely knowledgeable as well. Any question I had, she had a detailed answer and took as much time as I needed to talk it all out.
Let Dr. Scotchie tell you what she thinks you should do to achieve results. She will let you drive if you want, but you may not know what will work the fastest. I wasted my first year with her because I didn't plain out ask her to run things.
I had 6 cycles of Femara with natural intercourse along with prometrium and estradiol luteal support. I got pregnant once but miscarried within a week. After a 6 month break for my emotional well being, we went back for IUI. My first iui we did an HSG first. This revealed one distended tube and the other with a small block that was cleared with the dye. I then had 100mg Clomid, follicle ultrasound and IUI. It was successful, but my twins had chromosomal disorders and I miscarried at 8 weeks. The second IUI was 100mg Clomid, follicle ultrasound and then trigger shot because I was producing 4-6 mature follicles and we didn't want any more! IUI was successful and I'm currently 12 weeks with a healthy singleton.
$200 for a consultation $650 for first IUI with no trigger shot $1100 for second IUI with trigger shot and more follicle ultrasounds Everything covered once I was pregnant.
Chattanooga

The nurses and receptionist were very impersonal [at TN Reproductive Medicine]. I had several different people doing my blood draws and all of them but one hurt me and left significant bruising. After my retreival I was in a state of semi-shock, couldn't stop crying or shaking. Not a single nurse approached me or attempted to comfort me or even ask me what was wrong. I went out to the car to keep from upsetting the other patients in the waiting room. No one checked on me later on via phone or email either. The only positive staff member was the embryologist she was very soothing and sweet but my interaction with her was limited to a few minutes.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic has a female RE which was a huge positive for us. However the building and technology are not as up to date as another local clinic. The staff are very impersonal and uncaring. Dr. Murray's bedside manner is lacking, and it would appear he cares only for his success rates.
Dr. Murray was rather impersonal.
The nurses and receptionist were very impersonal. I had several different people doing my blood draws and all of them but one hurt me and left significant bruising. After my retreival I was in a state of semi-shock, couldn't stop crying or shaking. Not a single nurse approached me or attempted to comfort me or even ask me what was wrong. I went out to the car to keep from upsetting the other patients in the waiting room. No one checked on me later on via phone or email either. The only positive staff member was the embryologist she was very soothing and sweet but my interaction with her was limited to a few minutes.
How was your experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
I found Dr. Murray's bedside manner lacking. At one point he told us that 'while it wouldn't be a miracle if you conceived I would call the pope.' He also pushed us towards using donor sperm even after my husband had made it clear he was not prepared to take that step at that time if ever. After our failed transfer, Dr. Murray offered to allow us into the refund/ guarantee program which we were ecstatic about but when we received the paperwork they had included a line saying we would have to use donor sperm or the contract would be null and void. Total bait and switch. He also made a comment about how I was a perfect candidate to be an egg donor, excuse me I can't even conceive myself that's not an appropriate line of conversation at that point. Also after our failed transfer he showed very little empathy for our emotional state.
If you have a simple fix or are willing to jump immediately to donor options he's probably an okay dr if not, there are lots of better more caring options. One positive was he did alot of testing prior to starting the cycle.
Mini-IVF with ganerlix, menopur, hcg trigger shot. Fresh transfer. Supposedly mini-ivf grows superior eggs in smaller quantities. He initially indicated that I would produce 3-5 eggs for retrieval, we retrieved only one. He also suggested doing the retrieval without anesthesia saying it wouldn't be painful and would hurt no more than the saline sonogram. This was a complete fabrication, the retrieval process was very painful and left me in a state of semi-shock.
Our Mini-IVF cost about 5k.
I do not remember him having a preference.

2013 - 2014
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
This clinic's [Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] strengths are their people. Warm, friendly, empathetic, and competent. I appreciated the patience they had with me while I learned how to use a syringe for the first time, and when I would call with a silly question. I appreciated that they were accommodating to the fact that I live in Nashville and was commuting 2 hours to their clinic. And most of all, I appreciated that Dr. Rink seemed like he understood where we were coming from and answered all my questions thoroughly. He was also funny, which went a long way.
2013 - 2014
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic's strengths are their people. Warm, friendly, empathetic, and competent. I appreciated the patience they had with me while I learned how to use a syringe for the first time, and when I would call with a silly question. I appreciated that they were accommodating to the fact that I live in Nashville and was commuting 2 hours to their clinic. And most of all, I appreciated that Dr. Rink seemed like he understood where we were coming from and answered all my questions thoroughly. He was also funny, which went a long way.
Everyone was very nice, personable, and accommodating,
They were competent, pretty well organized (not perfect) but very friendly and empathetic and were excited for me when I was excited and reassuring when I was scared and sympathetic when I was sad.
How was your experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Rink is the nicest doctor I've ever been to, and certainly the nicest fertility doctor. He exhibits high levels of empathy, anticipates patient questions and concerns and has a great sense of humor.
Do the pregnancy-guarantee-or-your-money-back IVF option.
I did IVF and all the drugs that entails. This was after 4 failed IUIs with another doctor. Dr. Rink diagnosed me with low Vitamin D levels, so I took supplements for that as well. He transferred only one embryo, due to my age (under 35) and undiagnosed infertility. It worked. (I also chose the pregnancy-or-your-money-back guarantee option)
I chose the $25,000 IVF option. It cost more, but it covered 3 cycles of IVF and if I didn't get pregnant then I would have received most of the money back. I also had to pay for gas to drive back and forth to Chattanooga 15 times.

Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Sometimes communicating about next steps [at TN Reproductive Med-Chattanooga] (should I call back, schedule a next appt, etc) were unclear, but everyonr, including receptionists, were always extremely kind and helpful and professional. They make you feel at home. The clinic is extremely comfortable, warm, and inviting.... My insurance does not cover infertility treatments or appointments, and yet, I rarely have had to pay anything. The professionals at this clinic know how to keep things as affordable as possible!
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
Sometimes communicating about next steps (should I call back, schedule a next appt, etc) were unclear, but everyonr, including receptionists, were always extremely kind and helpful and professional. They make you feel at home. The clinic is extremely comfortable, warm, and inviting.
Dr. Murray goes out of his way to reach out to us, explain things in a way that we would understand, encourage us, meet with us, and treat our case as unique.
They were very helpful, professional, and kind. When they did bloodwork or other procedures it was always as comfortable and easy as possible.
How was your experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Murray is highly professional, highly trained and knowledgeable, up-to-date on the research, kind, helpful, encouraging. He treats both my husband and me as if we are valuable and tries everything possible to understand our particular situation.
Be open-minded about the treatment options he will give.
We have used a fertility pill for over a year, done a hysterosalpingogram (pelvic ultrasound with dye to check tubes and other reproductive organs), multiple pelvic ultrasounds, regular blood work and Synthroid for hypothyroidism, laparoscopic surgery to remove endometriosis, and regular meetings to discuss treatment options and next steps.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
The clinic [TN Repro Med] looks very new and is nicer than most other doctors' office. Some procedures are covered by insurance and some aren't, so be sure to get a price sheet and quote up front so you aren't shocked by any bills.... We see different nurses each time, but they are all great to work with.... Office visits with ultrasounds to track ovulation are around $350 per visit. Letrozole is purchased from another pharmacy and is very inexpensive.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic looks very new and is nicer than most other doctors' office. Some procedures are covered by insurance and some aren't, so be sure to get a price sheet and quote up front so you aren't shocked by any bills.
Dr. Scotchie is great at taking time to explain the issues affecting fertility and the various options to treat them in ways that are easy to understand.
We see different nurses each time, but they are all great to work with.
Dr. Scotchie is great to deal with. She is very compassionate and explains every step of the process along the way very well. She also is great at answering any questions we have no matter what they might be.
It's a hard process no matter how well it goes so don't get discouraged along the way if everything doesn't go as expected.
Letrozole was prescribed to cause ovulation. This took around 3 months before we were pregnant with our first child. It was prescribed again for around 9 months before becoming pregnant. This pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage. We are now starting IVF treatments.
Office visits with ultrasounds to track ovulation are around $350 per visit. Letrozole is purchased from another pharmacy and is very inexpensive. Just now in the early stages of IVF, so too soon to know the costs for sure.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Just like at most clinics, expect to wait [at TN Reproductive Med- Chattanooga] . I really love the staff they have. I always felt like they truly remembered me and knew me. The staff seems to really work well together. I do wish the prices were better compared to some clinics. I wish that I had been monitored more during my cycles.... Cost of semen analysis $150 Cost of IUI with letrozole $900
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
Just like at most clinics, expect to wait. I really love the staff they have. I always felt like they truly remembered me and knew me. The staff seems to really work well together. I do wish the prices were better compared to some clinics. I wish that I had been monitored more during my cycles.
She sat with me while I cried when I found out I was miscarrying. She was very personable with my family after my surgery.
Loved most every nurse there. I felt like they shared in my journey and were very supportive.
She is very friendly and does explain things well. I did not like that she wasn’t open to other treatment options I wanted to try. After IUIs with only letrozole, she wanted to move straight to IVF. I am planning on going back after a 1 year hiatus and I’m hoping she will be more open regarding the treatment I’m interested in (injectables and immune treatment).
Go in with your questions written down. She is very good about answering any questions you may have.
She recommended surgery to check for endometriosis. I was given the option of letrozole only during a cycle, letrozole with IUI, or surgery. She recommended IUI with letrozole and to start progesterone two days after. After having my second miscarriage (first under her care), she recommended recurrent pregnancy loss labs. After 3 failed IUIs, she pushed for IVF. I was not quite ready for that so I decided to seek out a Reproductive immunologist.
Cost of semen analysis $150 Cost of IUI with letrozole $900

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I do not like that the waiting room [Tennessee Repro Med], check in and payment areas are so small. Some of these procedures or items are sensitive and it feels awkward to be checking in, and seated in such a small space. ... I was given conflicting price information. ... Best blood draws ever! Very friendly and always responds quickly to patient portal ... Once my results were not updated to the portal but when I asked they were added immediately. ...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
I do not like that the waiting room, check in and payment areas are so small. Some of these procedures or items are sensitive and it feels awkward to be checking in, and seated in such a small space.
She always listens to my concerns or thoughts. Always took a minute to answer any questions I had or to make sure I was feeling comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kayla )
What specific things went wrong at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Scotchie herself has so far been wonderful. She is realistic about what to expect, while still allowing me to move at my pace. She jumped right into diagnostics and figured out what was going on when I had been ignored for months by a previous doctor. I will say that she quoted a price for IUI and IVF and I did receive a price sheet that was much much higher with all the hidden fees and extras that were not included.
She has a strong personality and is confident, but dont be afraid to ask or voice if you are uncomfortable or would like to try something else.
Dr. Scotchie suggested IUI first but we are trying medicated timed intercourse to start and will move forward from there.
Costs were above the national average. There is no all inclusive package without doing multiple cycles. Hidden fees for add ons
Chattanooga

Rachel [nurse at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] was great, very organized and quick to answer questions. I met with Kayla more just because my treatment fell when Rachel was on vacation but it was all so fluid and easy for her to just pick up and treat me like her own. I felt human everytime I walked in even on the really tough days...IVF with PGS $15,996 plus meds...Strength: attitude, compassion and organized. Weakness: small lobby but understandably so, this clinic is phenomenal because their patient base is smaller. In general, out of the 4 total clinics we have been in this one has been the most amazing experience.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Murray sat with us, listened and related with what our needs were while also providing a very thorough, professional opinion.
Rachel was great, very organized and quick to answer questions. I met with Kayla more just because my treatment fell when Rachel was on vacation but it was all so fluid and easy for her to just pick up and treat me like her own. I felt human everytime I walked in even on the really tough days.
How was your experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Murray shared with us in our initial consult that he and his wife also went through an infertility journey. This stuck with us and ultimately makes sense as to why he is so open, honest and thorough.
Ask questions, he will answer with honesty and probably a little humor.
We did IVF, egg retrieval, ICSI because of unexplained and genetic testing.
IVF with PGS $15,996 plus meds
Chattanooga

[Nursing Staff at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine was] Very friendly and organized. I honestly dealt mostly with Dr Murray. Nurses mainly just took my blood.... You will need to do blood tests in the beginning as well as semen analysis. They will recommend genetic testing as well as a test to make sure your Fallopian tubes are open. They also will want blood tests after every opk to make sure you ovulated and this can be pricey
How was your experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
I absolutely loved Dr. Murry. I was a little confused about the process and also the affordability of certain blood tests. I missed a couple of months of treatment due to not understanding what i was supposed to be doing. Dr Murray was amazing with ultrasounds, care, he was personable. although we didn’t conceive I still liked Dr Murray and his care. I felt that I understood results and we were given the option to move forward with iui but we wanted to continue to try on our own.
Make sure you understand the process fully; when to call the office etc
I was using letrozole I believe 5 days in the beginning of my cycle and then opks to have timed intercourse. I was also on .025 mcg of levothyroxine do you thyroid level a little off
Iui is about $800 and semen analysis is $200
IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
the first round of donor egg IVF was around 20,000 [At TN Reproductive Med] as we used a split or half batch and received 12 eggs. We got 4 embryos from that round. No baby! This current round has been similar to date in cost because we used a known donor who declined reimbursement so we are around $25,000 with everything we will need
Native American, Other
IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic overall is wonderful. From the front door you are greeted as though you are a dear friend, the clinic is always spotlessly clean and a very comfortable atmosphere. Everything is reassuring and calm the layout seems to flow nicely also
My only issue is that she doesn’t change the course of treatment, we just keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. We only have 5 embryos left and I do not want to waste them
Be firm in what you want
the first round of donor egg IVF was around 20,000 as we used a split or half batch and received 12 eggs. We got 4 embryos from that round. No baby! This current round has been similar to date in cost because we used a known donor who declined reimbursement so we are around $25,000 with everything we will need
I understand the need to attempt to protect a patients health but sometimes I wonder if we had transferred 2 would one have implanted while the other didn’t
Chattanooga

Again my contact with nurses [Tennessee Repro Med] has been very limited but Shan the andrologist has been fantastic and the biller has been wonderful. I have not had to leave messages I have been able to get someone every time I call. Or I get a fast response through email....our case is a little Different. We are looking to pay $2200 for MicroTESE... He [Dr. Murrah] has always been very compassionate. Unfortunately our diagnose is not an easy fix so we are dealing with his clinic as well as a urology.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
Again my contact with nurses has been very limited but Shan the andrologist has been fantastic and the biller has been wonderful. I have not had to leave messages I have been able to get someone every time I call. Or I get a fast response through email.
He always asked what I needed out of my visits.
I have truly only been in contact with one nurse. Dr Murray called us from the waiting room at our last visit.
How was your experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
He has always been very compassionate. Unfortunately our diagnose is not an easy fix so we are dealing with his clinic as well as a urology. Very good communication from Dr Murray’s side. Shan and Dr Murray were very kind when my husbands senen abalysis came back abnormal.
Ask questions. He is very knowledgable. And is there to help. .
We will hopefully start treatments when Soren is found from my husband.
Again our case is a little Different. We are looking to pay $2200 for MicroTESE
Chattanooga

$500 per IU, $280 per ultrasound, $300 monitoring fee [at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine]...They're very responsive and easy to communicate with. Their limited hours on Friday's and weekends could be frustrating. Everyone was friendly, sincere, positive, and realistic...[nurses are] Very friendly and helpful...After I switched Doctors, communication between clinics was difficult. However, they resolved that within 1 treatment cycle.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The entire staff is friendly and responsive. She didn't rush me through my initial consultation. She set realistic expectations.
Very friendly and helpful.
What specific things went wrong at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
She's friendly and efficient, and she was patient in answering all my questions. I would have appreciated a slightly more personal approach, but she was always kind, supportive and direct. She did not speak to the emotional toll of managing infertility.
Ask lots of questions, tell her how aggressive you want to be, and push her to consider your diagnosis from all angles.
I took 3 rounds of letrozole, followed by 3 rounds of letrozole with IUI. After the last failed attempt she recommended moving on to IVF.
$500 per IU, $280 per ultrasound, $300 monitoring fee
Chattanooga

There was a little bit of confusion about when my injections would start and it was a miscommunication. However, once I realized we were not on the same page I was able to immediately email my nurse [at TN Reproductive Medicine] and dr. Scotchie and get it clarified. They got back in touch with me within the hour and that is the only hiccup we had....She [Dr. Scotchie] is excellent and very good at what she does...She was just so great in finding the reason for my repeated miscarriages. She outlined a clear plan and answered all of our questions over multiple appointments.
She was just so great in finding the reason for my repeated miscarriages. She outlined a clear plan and answered all of our questions over multiple appointments. She has even personally called me to speak about test results. I have never had that happen even from my pcp.
There was a little bit of confusion about when my injections would start and it was a miscommunication. However, once I realized we were not on the same page I was able to immediately email my nurse and dr. Scotchie and get it clarified. They got back in touch with me within the hour and that is the only hiccup we had.
That she is excellent and very good at what she does.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Scotchie] showed concern, called to check on me and explain results. She answered all of my questions....Everyone at TRM [Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] is wonderful. They all show compassion. They are patient, even with all my endless questions and concerns. They all are very kind and knowledgable....Everyone is very kind and patient. If you have a question, ask. They will help in any way.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
She showed concern, called to check on me and explain results. She answered all of my questions.
Wonderful. Very kind and patient.
Everyone at TRM is wonderful. They all show compassion. They are patient, even with all my endless questions and concerns. They all are very kind and knowledgable.
Make an appointment with TRM now.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Strength [at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] Nice, been there, clean environment Weakness- to busy, hard to get a hold of on the phone, not quick to reply on patient portal, need to read the charts before seeing patients...clinic is nice but somewhat unorganized. I never felt they wanted to get me better they just wanted me to keep trying and it was luck if it worked. Maybe because I already have one child. It feels like your prejudged and they focus more on someone without any children. Or ones that can afford ivf.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
Strength Nice, been there, clean environment Weakness- to busy, hard to get a hold of on the phone, not quick to reply on patient portal, need to read the charts before seeing patients If you are over 35 just do ivf don't water your time and money on iui because if it doesn't work you've spent just as much.
I never received any clear answers. He had to do my IUI's with a ivf catheter and every time I had to remind him. I just felt unimportant.
Kind
How was your experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
He is extremely nice but to busy. His clinic is nice but somewhat unorganized. I never felt they wanted to get me better they just wanted me to keep trying and it was luck if it worked. Maybe because I already have one child. It feels like your prejudged and they focus more on someone without any children. Or ones that can afford ivf.
Make sure to do research on what all testing you need. Do the test. Don't jump into treatments before this.
I spent around around 12-14,000
Chattanooga

The clinic [Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] is very well structured. Everyone is very friendly and knows what they are doing. The clinic is very clean and up to date with technology. No negative comments to be given. I would recommend this clinic to anyone...I’m in the middle of an ivf cycle. I took Gonal f, medpur, and certitide for stims and triggered with Lupron. 30 eggs retrieved, 22 mature, 21 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5, of the 12 we sent off 8 for PGS testing and 6/8 are normal. Waiting to do FET.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very well structured. Everyone is very friendly and knows what they are doing. The clinic is very clean and up to date with technology. No negative comments to be given. I would recommend this clinic to anyone.
He took the time to talk to me and answer all of my questions.
How was your experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
He is a caring doctor who genuinely wants all of his patients to have success. He takes time with every patient and answers all questions. He is very straight forward and honest. I would recommend using him and his clinic to anyone.
Go in with all your questions written down and take notes. He is very good at answering questions honestly.
He prefers single embryo transfer, but does every person Case by case.