Tennessee Reproductive Medicine

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
6031 Shallowford Road
Chattanooga, TN 37421
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tennessee Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2 doctors
The cost [at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] is consistent with the going rates in our area and comparable with research done online, IVF online calculator, etc...The location is easy to find, clean, and well organized. The scheduling is done in a way that there is not much time spent waiting I. The waiting room. The most I’ve ever had to wait was maybe 20mins but that was rare...All of the nurses have been excellent. They are prompt returning phone calls, calling with lab results, and answering questions via the online portal. I will be assigned a nurse during my IVF cycle, I just haven’t reached that step yet.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Scotchie at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Scotchie adddesses all of my concerns and questions in a very informative yet understandable manner. She has never made me feel silly or like I’ve asked a stupid question (although I’m sure a fair share of them would fall under those categories). She takes her time with me and makes me feel comfortable and at ease.
How was your experience with Jessica Scotchie at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Scotchie is great, my overall experience has been a positive one. The day we found out that we were going to miscarry Dr. Scotchie was very honest but delicate when informing us. She called me at the end of her very busy day, around 6:30-7pm that evening to check on me and see if I had any questions. That is just one example of her patient care. She is a very intelligent and skilled doctor. I am thankful for her expertise in my situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Scotchie at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to receive much information. Dr. Scotchie is very good at communicating in an understandable and clear way but it is a TON of information and can be overwhelming.
Describe the protocols Jessica Scotchie used in your cycles at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I have PCOS and was referred to Dr. Scotchie by my OBGYN. Dr. Scotchie surgically removed some ovarian cysts in March 2015. I was then prescribed Letrozole to help me ovulate. I got pregnant in June of 2015 and gave birth to my healthy son February 2016. I am now 40 years old and trying to conceive again. This go round has not been as successful as above. We started the same treatment as above in May 2017. I got pregnant in February 2018 but unfortunately this resulted in a miscarriage. My husband and I are currently undergoing the necessary steps to start IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Scotchie at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The cost is consistent with the going rates in our area and comparable with research done online, IVF online calculator, etc.
Describe Jessica Scotchie's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
I have not reached this stage in my journey as of yet.
Chattanooga
Every employee I've met has been friendly and sensitive. The facility [Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] is clean and well run. It is getting busier and busier, but once you have your first appointment they make sure they can fit you in for testing etc....I have had several nurses and they have all been great. They are all very sensitive about my miscarriages. They are all very competent and organized.... The monitoring was about $300 per cycle.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is the best around. Check out their SART scores for yourself, but I found them to be above average from a statistical perspective. Every employee I've met has been friendly and sensitive. The facility is clean and well run. It is getting busier and busier, but once you have your first appointment they make sure they can fit you in for testing etc.
Dr. Scotchie is the best doctor I have ever had. She listens to my questions and provides answers. She never makes me feel silly or crazy for asking questions or getting emotional about our treatment.
Dr. Scotchie has great scientific knowledge as well as an excellent bedside manner. Prior to being referred to her, we were dealing with an OB who was not very sensitive. Dr. Scotchie makes me feel heard and presents information in a way that is easy to understand.
Don't be afraid to ask questions about treatment options and really push her, she is great at providing the information you need.
We are still in treatment. We have had all of our testing done and I have unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss. We tried clomid for several cycles to find out if we could increase my follicle count and have a chance at a better egg that way. Unfortunately those cycles were not effective and I did not get pregnant. We are planning to move to IVF with PGS testing.
So far the costs have mostly been testing and miscarriage treatment related. I spent probably $3,000 OOP on testing and miscarriage related procedures last year. This year we did several clomid cycles. The clomid is very affordable. The monitoring was about $300 per cycle. We are planning to do IVF in a few months and the costs do seem high compared to other clinics (about $22k total for one round with PGS testing) but at the same time the clinic has good success scores.
Dr. Scotchie prefers the eSET method and has explained that this reduces the risk of multiples, and that multiples create a higher likelihood of complications.
2014 - 2018
The staff [at TN Reproductive Med] is welcoming, there's never more than a couple patients waiting at the same time, and the wait times are usually minimal! TRM makes their patients feel valued and truly cared for! Scheduling an appointment is easy!... Dr. Scotchie prescribed me progesterone as an extra measure due to my two miscarriages. I had another miscarriage after my daughter was born, and started seeing Dr. Scotchie. I let her know I watched my cycles closely and noticed I may have luteal phase defect. Because of this, she suggested a small dose of femara (2.5mg?) to speed up my ovulation times. I also took progesterone every cycle. I got pregnant after 3 cycles and started lovenox shots. Unfortunately and very sadly, I also lost this baby after I stopped seeing Dr. Scotchie (because I was past the 9 week mark).
2014 - 2018
European, Other
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The staff is welcoming, there's never more than a couple patients waiting at the same time, and the wait times are usually minimal! TRM makes their patients feel valued and truly cared for! Scheduling an appointment is easy!
Dr. Scotchie invited me to tell her my story before asking any questions.
Always cheerful, listened well, and lended their support.
Dr. Scotchie demonstrates compassion, thorough patient care, and an agreed upon action plan that made me feel at ease and comfortable. She left no detail overlooked when I was in her care. She personally called and left me a voicemail when I notified her office of my miscarriage. During my only full term pregnancy she saw me every week my first trimester and I can't say just how much that eased my fears and anxieties after repeated loss.
Be patient with your personal journey and remain hopeful, as your care is truly in the best hands.
Mine is different because it's not the typical infertility treatment. I thought my care was affordable.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
The atmosphere [Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] is very welcoming, and everyone is extremely kind. They often are difficult to reach in the mornings (they don't turn on their phones at the time they claim to be open), and sometimes follow-up communication and clarity about what the patient is supposed to do/expect next has been lacking... The office is incredible about giving you options with high-cost procedures/treatments, and filing as much as possible in ways that insurance will cover.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The atmosphere is very welcoming, and everyone is extremely kind. They often are difficult to reach in the mornings (they don't turn on their phones at the time they claim to be open), and sometimes follow-up communication and clarity about what the patient is supposed to do/expect next has been lacking, from my experience. But when I call or use the online portal, they are always sure to get me whatever information I need, and when I ask questions, they are always kind and never treat a question like it is stupid.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
He has always had plenty of time to spend with my husband and me. He explores multiple options, shared stories, explains things and shows us statistics multiple ways, and always lays out our options as best he can before leaving decisions up to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kayla (but this changed on my last visit))
Kayla was always very patient, organized, and effective. My most recent nurse (I don't know her name) seemed less organized and was less effective at communication. She also bandaged my arm (from retrieving blood) painfully tightly.
How was your experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
He is very caring, takes his time with patients, explains things in multiple ways to meet different learning styles, is patient and down-to-earth, and is very up-to-date on research in the field. He can relate, because he has been through infertility himself.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Ask lots of questions! Even if you think it is a dumb question or one that he has already answered, he will always be patient and answer your questions as thoroughly as possible. He values your voice.
Describe the protocols Rink Murray used in your cycles at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
He changed my hormone treatment from Clomid to Letrozole (Femara). For one, Clomid seemed to have thinned my lining, and Letrozole has shown more effective in clinical trials. I sometimes have had trouble with irregular (long) cycles and anovulation. He completed a hysterosalpingohram, which showed that my tubes were open, but that my uterus is asymmetrical, which can be associated with endometriosis (although I have never had heavy periods or heavy cramping). We continued with Letrozole for a total of 7 months (so far). I have never become pregnant. I will be having a laparoscopic surgery to test for, and possibly treat, endometriosis. The only symptoms/indicators I have for this are the asymmetrical uterus and pain during ovulation, but only if I am ovulating on my right side (the side my uterus leans toward). My husband's sperm analysis was normal. We have talked about IUI, but it does not appear to be the most potentially effective treatment for my husband and me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance covers no infertility treatments, but the costs have been extremely low. The office is incredible about giving you options with high-cost procedures/treatments, and filing as much as possible in ways that insurance will cover.
Chattanooga
The clinic [Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] was beautiful- always bright and clean. The receptionists were always sweet and welcoming. The biggest downside for me was the cost- which is an obvious and unavoidable one. I wish that they had more options for payment plans or taking care credit or been able to advise us on other options for handling the costs.... The nurses were really great at communicating with me about next steps and all.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was beautiful- always bright and clean. The receptionists were always sweet and welcoming. The biggest downside for me was the cost- which is an obvious and unavoidable one. I wish that they had more options for payment plans or taking care credit or been able to advise us on other options for handling the costs.
The office staff was always to nice! Dr. Scotchie was always so sweet and encouraging. The nurses were great at getting back to me both on the online portal and via phone calls. When I went in for a blood draw one time the nurse remembered something we had talked about the last time she drew my blood. They were just always so welcoming and sweet.
They were great! They were always quick to get back to me with results and communicate on the patient portal.
Dr. Scotchie has a great bedside manner. I knew that when I went in for my monitoring ultrasounds she was probably in a rush- but she was good at making sure she answered questions and explaining to me what I saw. I would have liked to have had more interactions with her but I understand this is a common issue at a busy fertility clinic. The nurses were really great at communicating with me about next steps and all.
Make sure you remember your questions when you have your time with Dr. Scotchie- sometimes I would leave and remember that I'd wished I had asked something. She was very flexible with my treatment and starting conservative which I appreciated. Utilize the patient portal- I found it was a great way to communicate with my nurses since I work during the day and had a hard time always answering their phone calls.
I was diagnosed with PCOS by a previous doctor. When I started at TRM I had done a few unscusseful rounds of unmonitored clomid with my obgyn. Funds were limited for me at the time. We chose to start with Femara for 3 months before doing further diagnostics (ie. checking my tubes and sperm analysis). All 3 cycles were unsuccessful and then we had to relocate out of state. I would have loved to continue my treatment at TRM but the move made that impossible.
I think my initial consult was around 300 and each ultrasound was around 300
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
There are many times when there is a long wait for your appointment [at TN Fertility Institute] but it doesn't happen every time. Sometimes there seem to be communication issues internally...Stephanie went over and above my expectations. She was caring, responsive and communicated well through the process. She always called when she said she would after a blood draw, even on Saturday...It was $12,000 for the IVF process, $550 for anesthesia and PGS was $5,500 but was optional.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
There are many times when there is a long wait for your appointment but it doesn't happen every time. Sometimes there seem to be communication issues internally.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Donna Session at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Sessions is very thorough and answers any and all questions you have. She is concerned with your well being. The nurses are very caring and personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
How was your experience with Donna Session at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
I felt that Dr Session listened to all of our questions and answered the best she could. She definitely reads up on the latest studies and is proactive in treatment. While it was sometimes frustrating to go to some of the ultrasounds to check follicles and not see the Doctor and see a resident, she was there for all the important procedures. Sometimes it is still difficult to make the decisions you are trying to make based solely on percentages and statistics, but it is a numbers game. When we received a negative result she called me as soon as she could to find out how I was and give me options for next time if we chose to do it again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Donna Session at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to spend a good amount of time at the office if you have alot of questions.
Describe the protocols Donna Session used in your cycles at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
My protocol started with using estrogen patches and Cetrotide 9 days after a positive ovulation kit to suppress because I have diminished ovarian reserve. Then I used Gonal-F at a high dose twice a day plus Menopur 75iu until the follicles were a good size and then used Cetrotide. After retrieval I used progesterone in oil shots and Lovenox shots to help with clotting due to previous pregnancy losses. We were originally going to PGS test but decided not to when we only had 3.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Donna Session at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
We had to do a self pay plan due to no insurance coverage for fertility treatments but they did cover diagnostic testing. It was $12,000 for the IVF process, $550 for anesthesia and PGS was $5,500 but was optional. The meds were purchased from an outside pharmacy.
Donna Session
Endometriosis, Unexplained
They [Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] do a lot of communication through an online patient portal, which I love. It's easy and fast. I'm able to see any test results or have my questions answered within a day...TRM does a great job of making the patients feel comfortable. The staff is very friendly. In general, they do a good job of maintaining privacy. The sign in sheet is completely confidential, you would never know who had come and gone that day.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
TRM does a great job of making the patients feel comfortable. The staff is very friendly. In general, they do a good job of maintaining privacy. The sign in sheet is completely confidential, you would never know who had come and gone that day. Although the waiting room is very small, and right by the front door, I've never had to wait long. The clinic is very well maintained with up to date equipment. They do a lot of communication through an online patient portal, which I love. It's easy and fast. I'm able to see any test results or have my questions answered within a day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kayla)
Kayla is such a sweet person. She is very understanding and easy to talk to. She was the first person we met at the clinic, and sh she really made me feel comfortable from day 1.
Dr. Scotchie is very kind. Upon our first meeting with her, we immediately felt comfortable and knew we were in good hands. She really takes the time to listen and get to know her patients. After briefly discussing our 2 year struggle with infertility, she was able to determine that I likely had endometriosis. My previous doctor never suggested that it was possible. After a laparoscopy, which we were able to schedule quickly and easily, endometriosis was confirmed (and removed). We are so impressed by her insight and attention to detail.
There is nothing to be worried or embarrassed about with Dr. Scotchie. She is easy to talk to and really makes an effort to show her patients how invested she is in their success.
After a laparoscopy (performed by Dr. Scotchie) which determined that my previously diagnosed unexplained infertility was actually stage II endometriosis, she presented us with a couple of options moving forward. She allows her patients to choose how aggressive they would like their treatment to be. We decided to try on our own for a couple of months before moving on to an IUI, which she thought was great given our ages and other fertility factors. She prescribed me 5mg of Letrozole to increase our chances slightly. She advised against Clomid as the extra estrogen could cause my endometriosis to grow back quicker.
Initial fertility work up was around $800, largely covered by insurance. My baseline ultrasound, pre-surgery monitoring was billed for $600, also covered by insurance. I've not yet received a bill for my laparoscopy procedure, but the clinic did not charge for my pre-op or post-op visit.
Chattanooga
This clinic [Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] is very organized and compassionate. I have always felt comfortable at my appointments...They [the nurses] are very friendly. They always respond to messages the same day if you call before 2 pm. They are good at answering any questions you may have. I honestly can't think of any negative experiences with the nurses...We really have not had a bad experience with Dr. Murray and his office.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is very organized and compassionate. I have always felt comfortable at my appointments.
He explains everything so well, and we were given several options to consider instead of jumping straight in to IVF. We have always felt comfortable talking with him about our fertility issues.
They are very friendly. They always respond to messages the same day if you call before 2 pm. They are good at answering any questions you may have. I honestly can't think of any negative experiences with the nurses.
How was your experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Our experience with Dr. Murray has been great so far. We are still seeking treatment. He is very detailed with his explanations. I appreciate how he will draw things out on a piece of paper to help you understand, and then he gives you the paper at the end of the meeting for memory. He is not pushy when it comes to treatment. We feel we can go at our own pace. He is a great communicator. We really have not had a bad experience with Dr. Murray and his office.
I know that choosing to seek fertility treatment can be exciting but scary at the same time. I was definitely nervous before our first visit because of the unknown. As soon as I stepped foot in the office, it felt very welcoming. Then we met Dr. Murray. He greeted us with a handshake, and we went to his office to talk about what we needed to do. My advice would be to not get nervous (I know that is easier said than done) about meeting Dr. Murray. He is very understanding and you can tell he cares about wanting to see your dreams of becoming a parent come true.
One of the reasons we started to seek fertility treatment was because we found out my husband had low sperm count. All this time I thought it was me because I had very irregular periods. Dr. Murray tested me for everything. We did blood work, an ultrasound to look at my ovaries, and hysterosalpingogram (HSG) to make sure my fallopian tubes weren't blocked. Everything tested normal, so the only thing we figured was I didn't ovulate regularly. My husband started taking Clomid 50 MG 1/2 tablet every other day. It usually takes several months of taking Clomid to make a difference, so I started taking Letrozole to help me ovulate regularly in hopes we would get lucky. The Letrozole dosage was 2.5 MG. I would have to call the nurses when I started my period (Cycle day 1) to let them know I was starting a treatment cycle. On cycle day 3, I would start taking Letrozole at 2 pills per day for 5 days. I had to test for ovulation starting on cycle day 10 until I ovulated. I would always ovulate between cycle day 19-21. I would have to call the nurses to let them know I had an LH surge. I took Letrozole for 6 cycles, but we never got pregnant. We met up with Dr. Murray for a meeting, and decided that my husband should do another seman analysis to see if the Clomid helped improve sperm count. It did a little, but not enough. Right now we are trying to decide if we should do IVF because it seems like that is the best option with our fertility issues.
My husband had to pay $100 per seman analysis. I had to pay about $150 for a serum progesterone test. My Letrozole pills were about $10 per cycle for 6 cycles. My husband's Clomid pills were about $38 every refill. My insurance has paid for regroup appointments. I am not sure what the exact cost will be for IVF, but we are looking into it right now.
Describe Rink Murray's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
I do believe he prefers eSET as it is much safer.
Chattanooga
Everyone [at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] was kind, organized and professional. This clinic was worth the 2 hr drive for us. I can't think of any weaknesses...The nursing staff is great! When my local OBs office told me I was going to have a miscarriage at 5w6d I left a message for the on-call nurse and Candy called me back on her cell phone and reassured me it was too early to know and told me I could call her on her cell at any time. So she was excellent! I'm glad I listened to her and all was fine when we drove the 2 hrs to our clinic 4 days later and heard the heartbeat.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone was kind, organized and professional. This clinic was worth the 2 hr drive for us. I can't think of any weaknesses.
He has always been so generous with his time and never made me feel stupid even when I had lots of questions. He understands my need to understand every part of the process and has called me personally on the phone to explain things.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Candy)
How was your experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Murray is the first doctor I've ever seen, fertility or otherwise, who I trust completely, and know he truly wants the best for us and will do whatever it takes to get us there. He is kind, empathetic (probably helps that he and his wife experienced infertility), and extremely intelligent, and thorough in his explanations.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He is always willing to ask and help change course if needed.
Because my FSH and AMH were bordering he started me on a high dose of Gonal-F. After monitoring on day 6 my follicles weren't growing as quickly as he would have wanted and moved me up for 375IUs. We had a successful retrieval with 10 eggs retrieved, and eset and pregnancy. Sadly we lost that baby at 21 weeks and Dr Murray called me personally to offer condolences and assured me he would do everything possible to be sure it didn't happen again and he meant it. Several months later we transferred a frozen 4BB embryo. I called a few times and spoke with nurses because I was having a horrible reaction to the PIO (100mg/ml due to my history of low progesterone). He called me back personally on a Friday evening to find out exactly what my symptoms were and switch me over to a high dose of suppositories so I wouldn't be in constant pain. This cycle was also successful and I'm 11w2d today.
I think a fresh Ivf cycle would be $12,000 or so and a FET was $3,600. We had insurance coverage so we only had to pay our deductible.
He always recommended eset to us saying the stats weren't significant enough to encourage transferring 2, especially because we didn't want the potential risks of twins. We were grateful for this advice.
2013 - 2017
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
IUI was about $3,500 [at Tennessee Reproductive Med] I believe. We did the IVF refund guarantee program, with ICSI, and paid about $28,000, I believe. That would have been for 3 fresh IVF attempts, and all frozen transfers from those retrievals, until a live birth. We only made it thru 1 fresh retrieval with a transfer, and 1 frozen transfer. The clinic went over and above for us by allowing us to do a second fresh retrieval so that we could do embryo testing. They effectively cancelled the guarantee contract and let those fees cover the retrieval. That was a huge goodwill gesture for us and was greatly appreciated.
2013 - 2017
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
Excellent doctors, nurses and support staff. Convenient location. No scheduling issues. State of the art care and facility.
Dr. Scotchie is both professional and personal. I always felt like I was receiving the best possible care and medical plan, but also the highest level of compassion.
We had an overall great experience with nurses at this clinic. The IVF nurse being the only real exception to that. She is a bit scattered and often unprepared. The other nurses are excellent.
Dr. Scotchie was truly a blessing for me. We left our first clinic because they fell short in providing what I expected as a level of care and compassion. Dr. Scotchie exceeded my expectations in both medical care and personal compassion.
Always take an active role in your medical care. Ask questions, challenge the status quo. Trust Dr. Scotchie.
We tried many different options during our years of treatment. I don't remember specifics. Part of enduring such a long journey is letting go of the past and focusing on the present. What I do remember is that Dr. Scotchie was always willing to put a lot of time in to a specific treatment plan tailored for us. We endured a very complicated miscarriage with our first round of IVF, fresh transfer, that resulted in about 9 months of treatments and a diagnosis of trophoblastic disease. Dr. Scotchie was amazing through the entire journey. Afterwards, we realized my lining had been damaged and would not longer grow thick enough to sustain a pregnancy. Dr. Scotchie reached out across the country to her peers to try to identify a treatment plan that we could try. We tried everything that she could come up with, but unfortunately nothing worked. After a grieving process (which we always felt Dr. Scotchie to be supportive of us taking time between cycles), we decided to pursue conceiving via a gestational surrogate. Dr. Scotchie has been amazing during this process. Our GS was experienced, plus works at an OBGYN office. Dr. Scotchie was supportive of trying an unmedicated cycle, which ended up being successful. She has always been willing to evaluate each situation for its own merit and make an informed timely decision.
IUI was about $3,500, I believe. We did the IVF refund guarantee program, with ICSI, and paid about $28,000, I believe. That would have been for 3 fresh IVF attempts, and all frozen transfers from those retrievals, until a live birth. We only made it thru 1 fresh retrieval with a transfer, and 1 frozen transfer. The clinic went over and above for us by allowing us to do a second fresh retrieval so that we could do embryo testing. They effectively cancelled the guarantee contract and let those fees cover the retrieval. That was a huge goodwill gesture for us and was greatly appreciated.
Dr. Scotchie always recommended transfering 1 single embryo. During our first retrieval we did not have testing on embryos. We ended up deciding to transfer multiple embryos to my uterus during that first transfer (which ended in miscarriage). During the 1 frozen transfer we did to my uterus we transferred multiple embryos due to the state of things during unthawing. We transferred a single tested embryo to our GS.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
Dr Murray practices here with Dr. Scotchie. I really don't care for his style. He's very unemotional and unsympathetic.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
Jessica Scotchie takes time to sit and answer every single question I have, no matter how silly it might be. If I'm concerned about something, she quickly finds a solution or explains to take away my concern. She also knows fertility treatments are expensive without insurance coverage! She works hard to keep costs to a minimum. The nurses in the office are amazing. I cried when I miscarried and had to bring the embryo in for testing. The nurse took the time to sit down with me and tell me that this was not my only chance. That I would carry again and that in time this would get better.
Kayla. She's young and does not have children yet, but she is so empathetic and loving. She even takes time for a little chit chat on the phone when calling with lab results and she gets excited over good hcg levels too!
What specific things went wrong at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Jessica is very bright and lively and extremely intelligent. When I ask a question, she answers in incredible detail and can quote me statistics off the top of her head to help me understand how it all works. She is extremely compassionate with miscarriage patients and will give them a hug and tell them she's in it with them. She remembers me when she happens to see me in the hall getting a blood test and remembers my daughter's and husband's names. She is also very flexible. She will tell me what she thinks will work best, but if I want it done another way she will do it.
She will let you follow the fertility path you want. So, at first I told her I wanted to go gently and she put me on just clomid with natural intercourse. When that didn't work, I told her I wanted more aggressive and she immediately recommended iui. She'll try to read what you want and give you the treatment you want. Ask lots of questions and then be clear about what you want because she's looking for you to tell her what you want.
Jessica put me on Clomid with natural intercourse for awhile and when I didn't get results, she recommended iui with clomid only or clomid and trigger shot. She told me I had high chances of success and she was absolutely right. My first two iuis were successful, although the first resulted in miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormalities. My second iui I am now pregnant and waiting for first ultrasound. It's all looking good!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
I was always [treated by the staff at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine as] an individual. The receptionists, nurses and Dr Scotchie knew me and my family. They remembered who came with me before and knew my family member's names... I miscarried naturally and had to bring it in to Kayla. It was SO hard. I cried and she looked me in the eyes and told me that even though this was so hard, it would eventually get better and I WOULD get another chance.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
I was always an individual. The receptionists, nurses and Dr Scotchie knew me and my family. They remembered who came with me before and knew my family member's names.
When I miscarried, I chose to have one of the embryos tested for chromosomal abnormalities. I miscarried naturally and had to bring it in to Kayla. It was SO hard. I cried and she looked me in the eyes and told me that even though this was so hard, it would eventually get better and I WOULD get another chance. I had family and friends all trying to say something to make me feel better, but Kayla was the one who did it.
What specific things went wrong at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Scotchie is very responsive. When I first came to her, I didn't want to do anything aggressive. She responded with a treatment plan that was gentle. Then, when I didn't get the results I wanted, I went back and asked for something more aggressive. She suggested IUI. I asked about IVF, but she encouraged me away from it because she said my fertility problems didn't warrant that huge of an expenditure to get a positive result. She was absolutely right and saved us thousands of dollars. She is patient and kind. She gave me a hug and let me cry when I miscarried. She is the kindest Dr I have ever known. And extremely knowledgeable as well. Any question I had, she had a detailed answer and took as much time as I needed to talk it all out.
Let Dr. Scotchie tell you what she thinks you should do to achieve results. She will let you drive if you want, but you may not know what will work the fastest. I wasted my first year with her because I didn't plain out ask her to run things.
I had 6 cycles of Femara with natural intercourse along with prometrium and estradiol luteal support. I got pregnant once but miscarried within a week. After a 6 month break for my emotional well being, we went back for IUI. My first iui we did an HSG first. This revealed one distended tube and the other with a small block that was cleared with the dye. I then had 100mg Clomid, follicle ultrasound and IUI. It was successful, but my twins had chromosomal disorders and I miscarried at 8 weeks. The second IUI was 100mg Clomid, follicle ultrasound and then trigger shot because I was producing 4-6 mature follicles and we didn't want any more! IUI was successful and I'm currently 12 weeks with a healthy singleton.
$200 for a consultation $650 for first IUI with no trigger shot $1100 for second IUI with trigger shot and more follicle ultrasounds Everything covered once I was pregnant.
Chattanooga
The nurses and receptionist were very impersonal [at TN Reproductive Medicine]. I had several different people doing my blood draws and all of them but one hurt me and left significant bruising. After my retreival I was in a state of semi-shock, couldn't stop crying or shaking. Not a single nurse approached me or attempted to comfort me or even ask me what was wrong. I went out to the car to keep from upsetting the other patients in the waiting room. No one checked on me later on via phone or email either. The only positive staff member was the embryologist she was very soothing and sweet but my interaction with her was limited to a few minutes.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic has a female RE which was a huge positive for us. However the building and technology are not as up to date as another local clinic. The staff are very impersonal and uncaring. Dr. Murray's bedside manner is lacking, and it would appear he cares only for his success rates.
Dr. Murray was rather impersonal.
The nurses and receptionist were very impersonal. I had several different people doing my blood draws and all of them but one hurt me and left significant bruising. After my retreival I was in a state of semi-shock, couldn't stop crying or shaking. Not a single nurse approached me or attempted to comfort me or even ask me what was wrong. I went out to the car to keep from upsetting the other patients in the waiting room. No one checked on me later on via phone or email either. The only positive staff member was the embryologist she was very soothing and sweet but my interaction with her was limited to a few minutes.
How was your experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
I found Dr. Murray's bedside manner lacking. At one point he told us that 'while it wouldn't be a miracle if you conceived I would call the pope.' He also pushed us towards using donor sperm even after my husband had made it clear he was not prepared to take that step at that time if ever. After our failed transfer, Dr. Murray offered to allow us into the refund/ guarantee program which we were ecstatic about but when we received the paperwork they had included a line saying we would have to use donor sperm or the contract would be null and void. Total bait and switch. He also made a comment about how I was a perfect candidate to be an egg donor, excuse me I can't even conceive myself that's not an appropriate line of conversation at that point. Also after our failed transfer he showed very little empathy for our emotional state.
If you have a simple fix or are willing to jump immediately to donor options he's probably an okay dr if not, there are lots of better more caring options. One positive was he did alot of testing prior to starting the cycle.
Mini-IVF with ganerlix, menopur, hcg trigger shot. Fresh transfer. Supposedly mini-ivf grows superior eggs in smaller quantities. He initially indicated that I would produce 3-5 eggs for retrieval, we retrieved only one. He also suggested doing the retrieval without anesthesia saying it wouldn't be painful and would hurt no more than the saline sonogram. This was a complete fabrication, the retrieval process was very painful and left me in a state of semi-shock.
Our Mini-IVF cost about 5k.
I do not remember him having a preference.
2013 - 2014
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
This clinic's [Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] strengths are their people. Warm, friendly, empathetic, and competent. I appreciated the patience they had with me while I learned how to use a syringe for the first time, and when I would call with a silly question. I appreciated that they were accommodating to the fact that I live in Nashville and was commuting 2 hours to their clinic. And most of all, I appreciated that Dr. Rink seemed like he understood where we were coming from and answered all my questions thoroughly. He was also funny, which went a long way.
2013 - 2014
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic's strengths are their people. Warm, friendly, empathetic, and competent. I appreciated the patience they had with me while I learned how to use a syringe for the first time, and when I would call with a silly question. I appreciated that they were accommodating to the fact that I live in Nashville and was commuting 2 hours to their clinic. And most of all, I appreciated that Dr. Rink seemed like he understood where we were coming from and answered all my questions thoroughly. He was also funny, which went a long way.
Everyone was very nice, personable, and accommodating,
They were competent, pretty well organized (not perfect) but very friendly and empathetic and were excited for me when I was excited and reassuring when I was scared and sympathetic when I was sad.
How was your experience with Rink Murray at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Rink is the nicest doctor I've ever been to, and certainly the nicest fertility doctor. He exhibits high levels of empathy, anticipates patient questions and concerns and has a great sense of humor.
Do the pregnancy-guarantee-or-your-money-back IVF option.
I did IVF and all the drugs that entails. This was after 4 failed IUIs with another doctor. Dr. Rink diagnosed me with low Vitamin D levels, so I took supplements for that as well. He transferred only one embryo, due to my age (under 35) and undiagnosed infertility. It worked. (I also chose the pregnancy-or-your-money-back guarantee option)
I chose the $25,000 IVF option. It cost more, but it covered 3 cycles of IVF and if I didn't get pregnant then I would have received most of the money back. I also had to pay for gas to drive back and forth to Chattanooga 15 times.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
The clinic [TN Repro Med] looks very new and is nicer than most other doctors' office. Some procedures are covered by insurance and some aren't, so be sure to get a price sheet and quote up front so you aren't shocked by any bills.... We see different nurses each time, but they are all great to work with.... Office visits with ultrasounds to track ovulation are around $350 per visit. Letrozole is purchased from another pharmacy and is very inexpensive.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic looks very new and is nicer than most other doctors' office. Some procedures are covered by insurance and some aren't, so be sure to get a price sheet and quote up front so you aren't shocked by any bills.
Dr. Scotchie is great at taking time to explain the issues affecting fertility and the various options to treat them in ways that are easy to understand.
We see different nurses each time, but they are all great to work with.
Dr. Scotchie is great to deal with. She is very compassionate and explains every step of the process along the way very well. She also is great at answering any questions we have no matter what they might be.
It's a hard process no matter how well it goes so don't get discouraged along the way if everything doesn't go as expected.
Letrozole was prescribed to cause ovulation. This took around 3 months before we were pregnant with our first child. It was prescribed again for around 9 months before becoming pregnant. This pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage. We are now starting IVF treatments.
Office visits with ultrasounds to track ovulation are around $350 per visit. Letrozole is purchased from another pharmacy and is very inexpensive. Just now in the early stages of IVF, so too soon to know the costs for sure.
IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
the first round of donor egg IVF was around 20,000 [At TN Reproductive Med] as we used a split or half batch and received 12 eggs. We got 4 embryos from that round. No baby! This current round has been similar to date in cost because we used a known donor who declined reimbursement so we are around $25,000 with everything we will need
Native American, Other
IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic overall is wonderful. From the front door you are greeted as though you are a dear friend, the clinic is always spotlessly clean and a very comfortable atmosphere. Everything is reassuring and calm the layout seems to flow nicely also
My only issue is that she doesn’t change the course of treatment, we just keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. We only have 5 embryos left and I do not want to waste them
Be firm in what you want
the first round of donor egg IVF was around 20,000 as we used a split or half batch and received 12 eggs. We got 4 embryos from that round. No baby! This current round has been similar to date in cost because we used a known donor who declined reimbursement so we are around $25,000 with everything we will need
I understand the need to attempt to protect a patients health but sometimes I wonder if we had transferred 2 would one have implanted while the other didn’t
Chattanooga
$500 per IU, $280 per ultrasound, $300 monitoring fee [at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine]...They're very responsive and easy to communicate with. Their limited hours on Friday's and weekends could be frustrating. Everyone was friendly, sincere, positive, and realistic...[nurses are] Very friendly and helpful...After I switched Doctors, communication between clinics was difficult. However, they resolved that within 1 treatment cycle.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The entire staff is friendly and responsive. She didn't rush me through my initial consultation. She set realistic expectations.
Very friendly and helpful.
What specific things went wrong at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
She's friendly and efficient, and she was patient in answering all my questions. I would have appreciated a slightly more personal approach, but she was always kind, supportive and direct. She did not speak to the emotional toll of managing infertility.
Ask lots of questions, tell her how aggressive you want to be, and push her to consider your diagnosis from all angles.
I took 3 rounds of letrozole, followed by 3 rounds of letrozole with IUI. After the last failed attempt she recommended moving on to IVF.
$500 per IU, $280 per ultrasound, $300 monitoring fee
Chattanooga
There was a little bit of confusion about when my injections would start and it was a miscommunication. However, once I realized we were not on the same page I was able to immediately email my nurse [at TN Reproductive Medicine] and dr. Scotchie and get it clarified. They got back in touch with me within the hour and that is the only hiccup we had....She [Dr. Scotchie] is excellent and very good at what she does...She was just so great in finding the reason for my repeated miscarriages. She outlined a clear plan and answered all of our questions over multiple appointments.
She was just so great in finding the reason for my repeated miscarriages. She outlined a clear plan and answered all of our questions over multiple appointments. She has even personally called me to speak about test results. I have never had that happen even from my pcp.
There was a little bit of confusion about when my injections would start and it was a miscommunication. However, once I realized we were not on the same page I was able to immediately email my nurse and dr. Scotchie and get it clarified. They got back in touch with me within the hour and that is the only hiccup we had.
That she is excellent and very good at what she does.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Scotchie] showed concern, called to check on me and explain results. She answered all of my questions....Everyone at TRM [Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] is wonderful. They all show compassion. They are patient, even with all my endless questions and concerns. They all are very kind and knowledgable....Everyone is very kind and patient. If you have a question, ask. They will help in any way.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
She showed concern, called to check on me and explain results. She answered all of my questions.
Wonderful. Very kind and patient.
Everyone at TRM is wonderful. They all show compassion. They are patient, even with all my endless questions and concerns. They all are very kind and knowledgable.
Make an appointment with TRM now.