Texas Fertility Center

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
6500 N. Mopac Expressway
San Antonio, TX 78258
5000 Davis Lane
Austin, TX 78749
512-451-0149
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Texas Fertility Center to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 45Neutral: 6Don't recommend: 39.3
IVF nurse/coordinator handles every aspect of your cycle.... At Texas Fertility Center, once the doctor leaves the room you are mostly communicating with the nurse.... Because there are so many doctors, you will most likely not see your doctor on the weekend since they rotate call schedules. Also, there is no in house lab.... Strengths - nurses are very knowledgeable and can answer a lot of the questions. Well oiled machine with people doing specific jobs.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Because there are so many doctors, you will most likely not see your doctor on the weekend since they rotate call schedules. Also, there is no in house lab. On the weekend you will have to go to St. David's Main before 8AM to have labs drawn and then on other days you can go to any CPL before 8AM. Also, most of the communication is between you and your IVF nurse. At my previous clinic, I spoke to the doctor directly about everything. It just depends on how important that is to you. Strengths - nurses are very knowledgeable and can answer a lot of the questions. Well oiled machine with people doing specific jobs. The process was very streamlined. ***our longest wait time was less than 5 minutes*** I cannot even explain how much of my life I have regained from this!!! Weaknesses - because there are many people involved in the process, each person doing a specific job, things can get dropped along the way. I was told that someone would call me about ordering my meds before the start of the cycle, but I did not and decided to call on my own and they seemed to be surprised by my phone call (even though it was 2-3 days before I would need to start meds).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
During our initial consultation, we had a lot of questions due to 3 failed cycles with another clinic. He was able to answer all of our questions and propose a plan for our future cycle. Also recommended additional supplement (DHEA) and increasing CoQ10 dosage. I was surprised that there was much else to do in our case, but we decided to stay with him because he had a good plan that was different than what we were previously doing.
IVF nurse/coordinator handles every aspect of your cycle. It depends on whether you like this or not. At my previous clinic, after the ultrasound my doctor would go to her computer and put in the plan on the spreadsheet and print it out and hand it to me. At Texas Fertility Center, once the doctor leaves the room you are mostly communicating with the nurse.
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Propst is extremely intelligent and knows the evidence behind the treatment. Based on the way that our cycle was going, he changed the plan from frozen to fresh embryo transfer hopefully for a better outcome. He explained the reasoning behind all of his decisions and engaged us in the decision making process. I also appreciated that he would provide recommendations. Many doctors will provide with you with the options, but not give a recommendation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Ask him for recommendations.
Describe the protocols Anthony Propst used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol with cetrotide. Started with 2 days of clomid to jump start the ovaries and then high doses of Gonal F and menopur as well as omnitrope.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center.
Excluding medications, the cost is about 8k without insurance because they give you a 50% discount on the ultrasounds and egg retrieval (for TFC's part). There is still a fee for the egg retrieval that is charged by the surgery center. The 8k includes the fees paid to their lab (around 4k). Relatively affordable for someone who has used up insurance benefits.
2005 - 2018
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Front office [Texas Fertility Center] is nice, clean and well kept. Everyone was courteous. Even in billing, I was always treated with respect and compassion about our situation. They were helpful with providing ways to save and always did everything they could to assist with insurance filing and reimnursements.... Quick to return calls / emails same day, awesome about communicating results quickly. Always great about giving you time to process what they said and ask questions before they got off the phone. Excellent bedside manner.
2005 - 2018
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Front office is nice, clean and well kept. Everyone was courteous. Even in billing, I was always treated with respect and compassion about our situation. They were helpful with providing ways to save and always did everything they could to assist with insurance filing and reimnursements.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Vaughn knows me and my story. He never forgets what happened before, he asks about my children by name.
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Vaughn always is upfront about risk, what to expect and chances. He is calm but direct and changes his approach if you are not understanding terminology. I never felt rushed or like I couldn't ask more questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
Dont wait. If you are having trouble go early and often. No question is off limits, make sure you understand and have all questions answered.
Describe the protocols Thomas Vaughn used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Clomid and iui was used for several years, because inwas not ready to admit i needed to go to the next step. Dr. Vaughn was patient and allowed me to go at my own speed based on comfortability. We added gonal f injections with iui and progesterone and had 1 miscarraige and 1 live birth. After that we went to ivf with gonal f, progesterone and one other drug that I cant think of. I had 1 negative, 1 tubal pregnancy and 1 live birth (one other live birth but we are not 100% sure if it was from tubal or natural)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center.
10k per ivf cycle, 3k frozen transfer
Describe Thomas Vaughn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Fertility Center.
My doctor recommended 1 or 2 embryo transfers not any more. My age and history was part of his decision.
2014 - 2018
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Their knowledge base is invaluable! The doctors [Texas Fertility Center] all seem to be very professional and ensure that your care is provided at the highest level. The nurses are responsive and compassionate. They are organized as well. The only weakness I would begin to discuss would be the wait time at regular office visit is but I understand that surgeries often go longer than expected and I would rather have the great care they provide.
2014 - 2018
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Their knowledge base is invaluable! The doctors all seem to be very professional and ensure that your care is provided at the highest level. The nurses are responsive and compassionate. They are organized as well. The only weakness I would begin to discuss would be the wait time at regular office visit is but I understand that surgeries often go longer than expected and I would rather have the great care they provide.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
He speaks quickly and is very up to date and knowledgeable on all fertility topics but takes time to review all details with you personally. He cared when our first round wasn’t successful enough to give us his personal cell for any questions or concerns along the way. He hugged me and commiserated the initial loss (lack of success) upon learning of unsuccessful transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
They were super responsive and efficient. They would personally call with results and review the meaning of the information. The care I received from them when any delicate or bad news was shared was very compassionate.
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
He is quick paced and speaks very quickly but works well and is super knowledgeable. He slows down when asked and will review any information when asked. His wait time leaves something to be desired but otherwise he is amazing. He is caring and compassionate and I would recommend him!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
I would advise a prospective patient to bring a book to the waiting room of the office but rest assured that it’s worth the wait.
Describe the protocols Kaylen Silverberg used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Our first stimulation and egg retrieval resulted in a lower number of eggs retrieved than originally predicted. Dr Silverberg adjusted my next cycle appropriately with more estrogen injections to yield more eggs for fertilization. He also carefully monitored me to ensure that I didn’t become hyper stimulated. The second round of stimulation was also accompanied by a freeze all cycle rather than fresh which was easier on my emotions and body to have the break between the retrieval and the transfer. The research showed that freeze all is typically more successful which was true for our situation as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center.
All in all (for two rounds of stimulation, 3 egg retrievals) we spent $35K but that included our medications, the embryology (through Ovation), the surgery center, and TFCs services. The costs associated with TFC directly were very reasonable (for the ultrasounds, office visits, retrevial and transfer).
Describe Kaylen Silverberg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Fertility Center.
Dr Silverberg strongly stuck to transferring only one embryo at a time. He said he was part of the initiative that wrote guidelines for age and transfer and that he had been responsible for too many NICU babies and exorbitant hospital bills. He felt it was a more responsible move to transfer one embryo at a time based on age factors. He said once I was &gt;35 he would be willing to transfer 2 at a time.
Central Austin
The overall clinic [Texas Fertility Center] is great, the location is easy to find, bathrooms clean, waiting room comfortable, exam rooms clean and warm. Front desk employees are helpful and willing to assist with any questions and guidance.... I wasn’t assigned a nurse until IVF. All the other nurses I encountered were wonderful, caring, attentive, followed up and knew me by my first name. Once I stared IVF and was assigned Jaime, this started my displeasures with the clinic.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The overall clinic is great, the location is easy to find, bathrooms clean, waiting room comfortable, exam rooms clean and warm. Front desk employees are helpful and willing to assist with any questions and guidance.
Dr. Vaughn is wonderful, though our fertility journey isn’t over I’ve been very satisfied under his care. He’s honest, I trust him & appreciate his kind bedside manner. We have experienced more downs than ups but his position attitude has kept me wanting to drive forward
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jaime Burkott )
I started my ivf journey in October 2017, prior to this we were trying different protocols and I wasn’t assigned a nurse until IVF. All the other nurses I encountered were wonderful, caring, attentive, followed up and knew me by my first name. Once I stared IVF and was assigned Jaime, this started my displeasures with the clinic. Jamie is forgetful, hard to get answers from, distracted and at times makes me feel as though I’m annoying her. I feel I’ve developed a better relationship with the on call nurse than my IVF nurse. The only time I’ve met with Jaime in person was to do my initial injection consult, other than that it’s primarily emails with the occasional phone call. I’ve asked to see her after a baseline appointment and she pawned me off to a different nurse. After my 2nd Failed FET I had to tell her I wanted to meet with her because I had questions I wanted to go over in person with a difference in progesterone days before FET. I remember something different than what she had written. We set an appointment and the day of she emailed me and had to push it back because she had forgotten a prior commitment. Dr. Vaughn had an emergency and was out of office unexpectedly, everyone was rescheduled but of course my nurse forgot to reschedule me until I called. I simply don’t trust Jaime at all.
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Thomas Vaughn is punctual and I appreciate that he respects his patience’s time. He’s a great listener and I feel he has my health and safety in mind when suggesting different protocols. After each failed IUI and FET’s he’s called me every single time to check in and to answer any questions I might have had.
If you don’t understand all the abbreviations, ask. Ask lots of questions, write them down prior to your appointment
4 cycles of Timed intercourse clomid/Ovidrel first iui was Clomid/Ovidrel 2nd - 4th IUI Femara/Ovidrel 1st FET estradiol, Crinone & PVS 2nd FET Estradiol, Crinone & PVS Upcoming 3rd FET Femara, estradiol, Ovidrel & PVS (potentially scheduled for 3/20/18)
So far since October 2017 - current we have spent $31,000 NOT including all the other cycles like IUI and timed intercourse. Between Texas fertility, Ovation Fertility, CPL and the Austin Surgery Center. MY insurance doesn’t cover anything regarding fertility.
The first two FET Dr. Vaughn would only transfer a single embryo. Now that we are on our 3rd he is open to transferring two embryos
Central Austin
The clinic staff [at Texas Fertility Center] in San Antonio are very welcoming and you get to know them, and they get to know you. I absolutely did not feel like a number. I felt like everyone was on my team! Any issues that arose were timely resolved...Initially we used Clomid and upped the dosage with each cycle for IUI. When I experienced an ectopic pregnancy resulting in losing a tube, we moved on to injectible follistim. The benefit of moving onto injectibles fairly quickly is that we got to see how my body responded in the likelihood I needed to move on to IVF.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The clinic staff in San Antonio are very welcoming and you get to know them, and they get to know you. I absolutely did not feel like a number. I felt like everyone was on my team! Any issues that arose were timely resolved.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Summer James at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. James always listened to my concerns (rational or not). She was patient in explaining the science behind her recommendations while also being open to explore options I requested.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: April Shadden)
All of the staff at TFC in San Antonio were attentive to my questions and timely with their responses. I also received call-backs and test results as promised.
How was your experience with Summer James at Texas Fertility Center?
Hormonal treatments definitely affect how you process information. As someone pursuing becoming a single mother by choice, you don't have the benefit of having another person there to listen and process the same information received. That said, Dr. James managed to navigate the emotional waves I was going through while providing logical and scientific explanations (which I found very helpful since I am an analytical thinker that likes to process data). I found her to be very warm and compassionate without going overboard to a point where I wouldn't trust a doctor that didn't give it to me straight.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Summer James at Texas Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions or make requests regarding your care.
Describe the protocols Summer James used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Initially we used Clomid and upped the dosage with each cycle for IUI. When I experienced an ectopic pregnancy resulting in losing a tube, we moved on to injectible follistim. The benefit of moving onto injectibles fairly quickly is that we got to see how my body responded in the likelihood I needed to move on to IVF. By the time I decided to try IVF, my response to the medications was very predictable. While Dr. James was able to pretty accurately predict how many eggs we would retrieve and ultimately how many embryos there would be, we were both surprised that there were not more PGS tested normal embryos.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Summer James at Texas Fertility Center.
Fortunately, much of my care was covered by insurance. I recall ultrasounds being around $200/visit.
San Antonio
It's a busy clinic [TX Fertility Center], but the wait was never too bad, although appointments were always on the quick side. Very responsive by phone and email which was always reassuring. Easy to schedule.... When I got my positive, I thought the nurse said my HCG was over 100 and that was good. And the next Beta was less than double so I was worried and she said that no, my HCG last time was 67 and it had almost quadrupled so everything was fine. Still confused why I got the wrong number the first time.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
This is the only clinic I went to, so it's hard for me to compare. They have a reputation for being "traditional" but I think that is in reference to medical treatments not values. And honestly, my experience was limited to IUI, which is far less involved and invasive than IVF, so I don't know as much as an IVF patient would. It's a busy clinic, but the wait was never too bad, although appointments were always on the quick side. Very responsive by phone and email which was always reassuring. Easy to schedule.
I'm not unhappy with the care I received--I never felt rushed or dismissed by Dr. Vaughn. However it's a busy clinic, I wasn't a particularly complicated case, and just didn't require the attention some patients might. He was patient with my questions and concerns, but our appointments were quick and mostly business.
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
He's obviously incredibly experienced and has an amazing reputation in Austin. He's older gentleman, and I was initially a little nervous about being judged for pursuing a modern, slightly nontraditional family, but never felt that way. I did get the impression my case was a little...boring for him? My fertility issues were minimal, and in the decision to be more aggressive (with the health risks that involves) vs play the waiting game (with the financial & emotional stress that involves) he definitely leaned toward the latter.
My first cycle was completely unmedicated, and my period arrived nearly a week earlier than planned. Dr. Vaughn thought either I hadn't ovulated despite a positive OPK, or I had a short leutal phase. I explained that this period was very out of the norm for me, but for the next cycle he recommended I take Femara to ensure I ovulate, and 200mg of progesterone 4 days after the IUI. The side effects of the progesterone were extremely unpleasant and for the next cycle he recommended I cut them in half to 100mg. After my third failed cycle I expressed desire for a laparoscopy to confirm my self-diagnosed endometriosis (I had discussed my pelvic pain with Dr. Vaughn, but symptoms were mild-ish and nothing showed up on the ultrasound, and he seemed ambivalent about progressing to lap until my third failed IUI). I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy done by my regular OB/Gyn so insurance would cover the procedures and she found and ablated one small lesion and removed an adhesion. Fourth IUI back at the fertility clinic, preformed by a different doctor due to timing- I got my first positive.
Pretty much $200 for everything--ultrasounds and IUI. Fertility evaluation was covered by insurance.
Central Austin
It's [Texas Fertility Center] not a big fancy brand new office which I prefer. It's smaller and more laid back and doesn't look like a money grab. They try very hard to help to get your insurance to cover anything they can.i have never felt any pressure to spend money there. They are very straight forward about cost and there have not been any surprise or hidden costs. You are assigned your own nurse you can call anytime, and there is another very nice nurse on call on weekends and evenings.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
It's not a big fancy brand new office which I prefer. It's smaller and more laid back and doesn't look like a money grab. They try very hard to help to get your insurance to cover anything they can.i have never felt any pressure to spend money there. They are very straight forward about cost and there have not been any surprise or hidden costs. You are assigned your own nurse you can call anytime, and there is another very nice nurse on call on weekends and evenings.
Dr. Propst is very kind, gentle, and has made an effort to keep us from spending as little as possible. He obviously cares about people. His approach is more slow and steady and he seems to start with the minimum and build from there rather than bombard you with tons of tests and hardcore medication.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon )
They have all been wonderful.
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Propst is pretty straight forward and sometimes a bit serious. I completely trust his expertise however sometimes I wish he would tell me what he's thinking. He's not a big talker, but he provides the necessary information without conveying false hope or over confidence. He is realistic and somewhat optimistic. He has a very good bedside manner and makes me feel at ease. He is patient and does not start with the most drastic testing and protocol. He is very very evidence based and black and white, very intelligent and not airy fairy at all.
He may seem serious but he's very caring. He's not going to talk your ear off so if you have concerns or questions you have to ask.
I brought Dr. Propst an ultrasound during my first appointment which showed a possible fibroid. Since all my labs and my husband's S.A. came back normal he recommended laparoscopic surgery for me. He suspected endometriosis, wanted to clean out any growths, and would so the dye test on my tubes without having to put me through an HSG. The surgery was smooth, I had no issues with recovery, and had no complications. Unfortunately I still did not get pregnant after surgery. My next step was IUI with clomid. My first cycle was unsuccessful so I'm probably going to complete 1 or 2 more IUI cycles before moving to IVF.
My IUI cycle was just under $1000. Each step was paid separately at the time of completion. Prices were very fair.
Describe Anthony Propst's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Fertility Center.
This has not been discussed.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
The billing department [at Texas Fertility Center] did a great job of breaking down the cost for every part of my treatment. We paid a total of about $70,000 out of pocket (no insurance coverage) for 2 own-egg IVF cycles (~$17k and $15k), one donor egg cycle (~$33k), and one transfer cycle (~$3k). We elected to freeze all and PGS test our embryos for each cycle. We were presented with an estimate of expenses before treatment started so there were no surprise charges.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
TFC is one of the larger clinics in the state. They don't turn away patients based on diagnosis and will do everything they can to help you conceive. According to SART, their success rates are above the national average. They strongly recommend eSET when possible and I never felt pressured to try a treatment before I was ready. I saw my doctor for almost all of my appointments, even the quick, simple sonograms. My doctor performed all of my sonograms and a nurse was in the room taking notes. If my doctor was unavailable I was given the option of rescheduling or choosing another doctor at the clinic for that day. The only downside is that TFC sees a lot of patients and sometimes runs behind in the afternoon. The longest I have had to wait for my appointment was 45 minutes when someone else's consultation ran long.
He was willing to spend as much time as I needed explaining procedures, answering my questions, and presenting me with options. He was never rude and always made an effort to make sure I left the clinic happy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kat (non IVF cycles), Shanna (IVF cycles), and Jennifer (donor egg cycles))
My first nurse (Kat) was assigned to me for clomid cycles. She was kind and answered all of my questions in a timely manner. My second nurse (Shanna) was assigned to me for own egg IVF cycles. She was amazing and went above and beyond to answer all of my questions. She even asked the embryology team directly to help me understand why my first IVF didn't work. My third nurse (Jennifer) was assigned to me for a donor egg IVF cycle. She was awesome and answered all of my questions. She also sent me information ahead of time to make sure I had everything I needed and didn't have to make any last minute decisions. She kept me updated with my donor's cycle and I never had to worry about what was going on.
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
He is incredibly knowledgeable and has a ton of experience with IVF. I always felt like I was receiving the best care. When I was unsure of what to try next, he offered examples of previous patients in similar situations. He always presented multiple options and clearly pointed out the advantages and disadvantages of each. He left the choice up to me and was willing to move forward with whatever treatment I felt comfortable with and without judgement. He took my worries seriously and never made me feel bad for asking questions.
Be honest and up front with any of your concerns and don't be afraid to ask questions.
My first IVF cycle used a long lupron (agonist) protocol since I had never tried injectable drugs before. I responded slowly and my medication was increased to compensate. A slightly lower than average number of eggs were retrieved and only one embryo made it to the blastocyst stage. It was tested PGS abnormal and incompatible with life. My second IVF cycle used a microdose lupron flare protocol since I am a poor/slow responder to fertility drugs and there was a question about my egg quality. I was on the maximum dose for most of the cycle and ended up with a normal number of eggs. We did not have any embryos make it to the blastocyst stage. We did not get any viable embryos using my own eggs (poor quality) so we moved on to an egg donor after 2 failed IVFs. Our donor used an antagonist protocol because that is the fastest and easiest cycle for my doctor to manage. She had donated before so my doctor used her previous cycle as a starting point. Her dosage was updated every two or three days based on her response, and we ended up with a higher than average number of eggs and PGS normal embryos.
The billing department did a great job of breaking down the cost for every part of my treatment. We paid a total of about $70,000 out of pocket (no insurance coverage) for 2 own-egg IVF cycles (~$17k and $15k), one donor egg cycle (~$33k), and one transfer cycle (~$3k). We elected to freeze all and PGS test our embryos for each cycle. We were presented with an estimate of expenses before treatment started so there were no surprise charges.
My husband and I desired an eSET and my doctor was supportive of our decision. He typically recommends eSET for PGS normal embryos and first time transfers unless there is a compelling reason to transfer more.
Central Austin
As a clinic - I feel that TFC has a tendency to overbook their patients... At the south clinic, it is much better. The staff is friendlier, more understanding. I get into my appointments as I arrive...Dee Dee is awesome! After a previous experience at this clinic with a different nurse I was very wary. She is compassionate, patient, educated, skilled at her job. She has a vast knowledge of the care she gives. I appreciate her honesty and her patience for me! She answers emails within a day, returns calls promptly
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
As a clinic - I feel that TFC has a tendency to overbook their patients. I previously saw a different physician and had a terrible experience. I also used to go to their main office where there is never a time I didn't have to wait at least thirty minutes after I arrived to see my doctor. At the south clinic, it is much better. The staff is friendlier, more understanding. I get into my appointments as I arrive.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
I had previously seen a different doctor who treated me like a number. Dr. Burger is kind, understanding, more patient than anyone I've ever met and will spend time with you to allow questions, concerns, talking, etc. She is awesome. She has made me feel comfortable and talks to me like I am an educated person because of my medical background. I appreciate her candidness and ability to "talk me off the ledge".
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Dee Dee)
Dee Dee is awesome! After a previous experience at this clinic with a different nurse I was very wary. She is compassionate, patient, educated, skilled at her job. She has a vast knowledge of the care she gives. I appreciate her honesty and her patience for me! She answers emails within a day, returns calls promptly and will consult Dr. Burger to calm my nerves when I need it. She has been amazing. The staff at the office is also very nice! They always try to work with my schedule. They make sure I leave with an understanding of what my next steps are. They are very sweet.
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
There aren't enough words to describe how great Dr. Burger is. She is exactly what we needed going through all of this. As I am writing this I am getting ready to trigger for our first cycle and since I don't want the success/failure to be a reason to have an opinion as a physician, I would like to write about our treatment thus far. Dr. Burger is so patient - I have never felt like I couldn't ask her even the "dumbest" questions. She is kind. She never lets me leave without making sure I feel ready. Even if I leave and come up with a question - she will get back to me ASAP. I always leave feeling comfortable and I know she is going to take care of me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
Prepare yourself, the more you know about what's going on - the more you can discuss all the options with her. She will discuss anything you bring her way - after countless hours of research, I would bring up a new possible treatment or test and she never batted an eye. She is great to work with and believes in collaborative care.
Describe the protocols Natalie Burger used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did three separate IUI's with Femara + Ovidrel trigger that were unsuccessful. I had frequent follow-ups with Dr. Burger throughout that time. Currently I am doing IVF with Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron trigger. She has had me follow-up with ultrasounds & labs every 2 days. Her nurses will call and check on me daily. With my very high egg count and PCOS she has been cautious with my medication as not to produce too many follicles. She has also had me changed from my Ovidrel trigger to the Lupron trigger since I am at a higher risk for OHSS.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center.
Each IUI cycle costed a total of about $3000, as my insurance does not provide coverage. This includes medication. This IVF cycle has cost about $19,000 plus $4000 in medications.
Describe Natalie Burger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Fertility Center.
We have discussed this, at length. I would prefer multiples since I believe that would give me a higher chance at success. She prefers singles because of less chance of problems throughout the pregnancy, higher success rates after genetic testing, etc. Most importantly, I trust her. She has given me her rationale and I agree.
South Austin
Excellent clinic [Texas Fertility Center]! They are prompt and on time, answer questions with kindness! They are really busy, it took a long Time to get my records sent to my new doctor....[nurse] Answered all my questions and was very kind. Convenient to email her periodically and always got quick responses. Very thorough when teaching about medications. Visits were always quick!...Total about $25,000... When the insurance company was difficult with medications she [Dr. Burger] intervened and found an alternative route that insurance would work with.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Excellent clinic! They are prompt and on time, answer questions with kindness! They are really busy, it took a long Time to get my records sent to my new doctor.
She took the time to listen to our story and what our journey was like. She was always kind and remembered details about us when we would visit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
Natalie was great at explaining everything she was doing before and during a procedure. She was always calm and patient with our questions or concerns. She was honest and compassionate. There were a few times that I think she assumed we knew something but when we would stop and ask for more info or clarification she would not rush but took the time to fully explain things to us.
Ask a lot of questions, don't hesitate, no question is stupid!
She discovered a birth defect I had in my uterus that no other dr had noticed. She encouraged me to take care of that prior to IVF. My husband had zero sperm so she refered us to an excellent dr and helped us get an appt faster than normal. My husband's specialist was able to surgically get sperm and Natalie encouraged us to use ICSI and strongly suggested only transferring one embryo. She performed my procedure herself as well as the retrieval and implantation. She performed all the sonograms and prescribed all the medications. When my body wasn't quite ready for something she explained it to me and adjust my injections. When the insurance company was difficult with medications she intervened and found an alternative route that insurance would work with.
Total about $25,00
Natalie is very adamant about giving her patients the healthiest outcome and therefore has a lot of information to share about why she does not prefer multiple embryo transfers.
South Austin
[Texas Fertility Center is] Relatively well organized, receive call backs and emails very quickly, staff is not "flaky" at all. They are kind and professional and good patient advocates; they will hunt the doctors down for you to get your questions answered.... Fresh retrieval freeze-all cycle with PGS testing and ICSI: approx. $16,000 Frozen embryo transfer with assisted hatching: approx. $2,600 Monitoring Ultrasounds (weekdays): $210 Monitoring Ultrasounds (weekends): $250 ERA Biopsy: $300 (plus $900 for the testing company)
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Warm, personal bedside manner.
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. S is compassionate, enthusiastic, positive, and interested in your patient history. For the most part he seems focused on figuring out problems and is cautious about checking all the boxes (i.e. he insisted on an ERA biopsy to make sure we were transferring on the right day before we did a frozen embryo transfer since we only had one good PGS embryo to work with). He makes an effort to talk or meet with you right away when you get bad news. That being said, I have now had 3 failed frozen transfers and am "unexplained" with still no answers as to what is going on, even though we have done everything under the sun that has been recommended.
Don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for more information or clarification, even if he is in a hurry.
2 fresh freeze all retrieval cycles on Gonal F, Menopur and Lupron (starting with birth control and Lupron suppression). Resulted in 9 mature eggs; 2 day 6 blasts, but only 1 PGS normal embryo for 1st cycle; 8 mature eggs; 5 day 6 blasts and 2 PGS normal embryos for the 2nd cycle. 3 FETs on Crinone and Estradiol support. 1st FET = HCG of 41, chemical pregnancy. 2nd FET = BFN. 3rd FET = HCG of 28, chemical pregnancy.
Strong preference for freeze all cycles, PGS testing, and eSETs.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Leanne [nurse at Texas Fertility Center] was fairly responsive on email though I found that I usually had to wait until the evening to get a response... The on-call weekend nurse was Pam who I loved...It [Donor Egg IVF] was approximately $30,000 all in, not including genetic testing on the embryos...I found the fact that they have multiple locations really convenient. We mainly went to the Austin South office which is closer to our home and that was nice. We did have to go to the North location for the procedure, but it was also convenient and the experience there was far better than other clinics.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
I liked Dr. Burger immediately. She presented all information about my infertility very directly and scientifically, but also with a plan and hope. After three transfers, the experience I had with Dr. Burger was far and away the best. She spoke to me the whole time, allowed my husband to be in the room with me, and we got to see the embryo on the screen before the transfer and then watch as it was placed. After the procedure she gave us both a big hug and I really felt like she was genuinely rooting for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Leanne)
Leanne was fairly responsive on email though I found that I usually had to wait until the evening to get a response. Once I realized that I knew what to expect. The on-call weekend nurse was Pam who I loved. Then again, she's the one who gave me the good news about my positive test so it would be hard to say anything negative about her no matter what!
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
I can't say enough about Dr. Burger. Initially she may come off as a bit stiff, but she really does a great job of communicating all options. Though my ovarian reserve was low and my chances of conceiving with my own eggs very low, she never took that option off the table, she was just very honest about the expected results. I am not sure that without her guidance we would have been so open to using donor eggs, but she made the whole experience wonderful and I trusted her perspective completely.
I would say to not be put off if she seems a bit detached at first - listen to what she's saying and give her time to warm up. After working with four doctors I can say that I felt more cared for by her than any of the others.
Because we used donor eggs, the protocol was fairly straightforward and more like a frozen embryo transfer. I took a birth control pill to sync up my schedule with the donor, then started on lupron, followed by Estradiol before the transfer and then continued on that after the transfer along with Crinone progesterone gel and nightly progesterone suppositories.
It was approximately $30,000 all in, not including genetic testing on the embryos.
Again, because we used donor eggs Dr. Burger recommended a single embryo transfer. This is where I really appreciated her perspective and what she said was, "We want to make sure this pregnancy is safe for both you and the baby. Our goal is to have you both leave the hospital completely safe." That really resonated with both my husband and me.
South Austin
As I stated, the staff at the clinic are the most compassionate and knowlegeable people in the field of medicine. The clinic itself is in a great location and is inviting. The one weakness I have noticed is that they seem to run behind schedule a lot...ll of the staff at Texas Fertility Center are amazing. I've worked with a lot of the ladies in the office and have never met a negative person there. They are all very helpful and compassionate. Its a joy having that team during such a difficult time.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Dr. Silverberg always greets me, asks me how I'm doing and I honestly feel that he's has my best interest in mind and that he's cheering for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kat)
All of the staff at Texas Fertility Center are amazing. I've worked with a lot of the ladies in the office and have never met a negative person there. They are all very helpful and compassionate. Its a joy having that team during such a difficult time.
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
While I do sometimes feel like he moves through the appointments quickly and he seems to be very busy, I REALLY like Dr. Silverberg and I'm very comfortable being in his care. He has great bedside manner and with procedures that can obviously be awkward at times, its really important to me to have a doctor that I feel as much at ease as possible. Besides his personality, he's very thorough in his assessments and treatment plans and he has a lot of experience and expertise in fertility related issues.
Be patient because sometimes it seems as though he's taking the long way around but its only because he is making sure you've received all the tests and preparatory steps before moving forward.
I've had 5 IUIs that we got progressively more aggressive with. My first IUI was unmedicated. The second and third were in conjunction with Femara and my fourth and fifth cycles were with gonal-f injections and the ovidrel trigger. I also used progesterone suppositories after the IUIs on the last two cycles. I'm still trying to conceive so none of the IUIs produced a positive pregnancy test. So I have decided to move on to IVF treatment.
I don't remember exactly but I think I paid about $250 per IUI and about the same for sonograms. It was about $40 higher on weekends and holidays. Consultations were about $95.
I have not yet had an embryo transfer. I'll begin my IVF cycle in about two weeks.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Texas Fertility Center is one of the larger clinics in Austin, with lots of locations. I always go to the clinic on Mopac & Far West. They are extremely friendly and organized. Appointments do run behind sometimes, but they are also very accommodating if you are late, so this doesn't bother me. They are very popular and always busy, but you never feel like a number... She [nurse] is extremely attentive and communicates exceptionally well. She keeps us organized so that this doesn't seem overwhelming. She's also genuinely kind and excited for us.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Dr. Vaughn has always treated me personally and he has designed our plan according to what is (or isn't) happening with my body. He never compares my situation to other people or stats.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jaime Burkott)
Our IVF is Jaime Burkott, and we couldn't be more pleased with her. She is extremely attentive and communicates exceptionally well. She keeps us organized so that this doesn't seem overwhelming. She's also genuinely kind and excited for us.
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Vaughn is incredibly thorough and direct, while also positive and compassionate at the same time. He always is kind and keeps things light, without trivializing what we're going through. He truly seems invested in producing a successful pregnancy in his patients. He has also been sensitive and thoughtful to the fact that we are price-sensitive, since we have extremely limited coverage through our insurance.
He's quiet and thoughtful, but don't perceive that as non-caring.
We began our treatment with clomid + IUI, along with some standard blood tests. We did 4 IUIs and none of them produced a pregnancy. From there, he looked back at previous x-rays from my normal ob/gyn and noticed that I had a uterine septum, so he recommended surgery to repair that. During the surgery, he also found some uterine fibroids and corrected those. Now, we are moving into IVF.
Our IUIs, plus the surrounding appointments, usually cost us around $600-800 a month. Our IVF is going to come in around $16K.
Dr. Vaughn prefers eSET. He says they have the highest success rate with that type of transfer. He only considers transferring multiples if the woman is closer to 40 or if there are underlying medical reasons that indicate this is a good idea.
Central Austin
It [Texas Fertility Center] is a very large practice so sometimes I would see different staff members st every visit. I would have liked a smaller, more personal feel but at a large clinic it is easier to get appointments and see people last minute.... There was a time that I really wanted to leave the clinic because the person handling my medication order made a huge mistake and almost cost me thousands of dollars. The technicians that I saw during my regular visits were always friendly and courteous but they didn’t seem to remember me from one visit too the next
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
It is a very large practice so sometimes I would see different staff members st every visit. I would have liked a smaller, more personal feel but at a large clinic it is easier to get appointments and see people last minute.
Dr. Propst was matter of fact about treatment and options but he still would talk to me about how other things in my life like school and work were going. When I tried to ease my anxiety with humor, he would laugh and joke with me. He was considerate of my discomfort during uncomfortable procedures.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kimberley)
I did not have a great experience with the nursing staff. At one point I was sure that the nurses treated me differently because I am Latina and I didn’t have a lot of money. This was maninly someone trying to arrange my medication during an ivf cycle. I don’t remember her name. My ivf nurse was different from my first nurse Kimberley and when I went back to iui, Kimberley had left and I got someone different and she was fine. There was a time that I really wanted to leave the clinic because the person handling my medication order made a huge mistake and almost cost me thousands of dollars. The technicians that I saw during my regular visits were always friendly and courteous but they didn’t seem to remember me from one visit too the next, maybe because the clinic was too big.
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Propst was my favorite person at the clinic. I was having financial issues and he did everything he could to get me donated medications or lower my costs. He was an expert in the issue I was having and I trusted him completely.
He’s very matter of fact so expect the truth even if it might not be what you want to hear. But he’s southern so he says it in a compassionate way.
5 cycles of letrozole plus injectibles, one cycle of full injectibles, one ivf cycle. After ovulating early, he added another medication to prevent that. Ovidril trigger was used in all seven cycles. First cycle was negative, second was a miscarriage and Dr. Propst performed my D&C. Third cycle was negative. Fourth cycle I ovulated early. Fifth cycle after an adjustment was negative. Sixth cycle was a chemical pregnancy. Seventh cycle was ivf that yielded no usable embryos. Eighth cycle was my son.
It was really expensive, my insurance didn’t cover anything, I used credit cards to pay, and I’m still in debt up to my ears. Total cost was about $45k
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
I think they [Texas Fertility Center] are very knowledgeable and have very quality and qualified doctors that are all great and help out each other when needed. They research and offer classes to help patients regularly. They’re located throughout the city (and state) and easy to get quick appts. The only weakness, although not specific to them I imagine is the cost. Without having insurance coverage, it is super expensive!...Be patient and trust they know what they are doing.
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
I think they are very knowledgeable and have very quality and qualified doctors that are all great and help out each other when needed. They research and offer classes to help patients regularly. They’re located throughout the city (and state) and easy to get quick appts. The only weakness, although not specific to them I imagine is the cost. Without having insurance coverage, it is super expensive!
He was very personable and relatable and I felt he truly cared. Several times he actually called me directly rather than having a nurse do it.
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
He’s very compassionate with a professional and comfortable bedside manner. He’s extremely knowledgeable and very helpful in finding the right plan that he thinks will best work for you. He will work with you in regards to what you want, timelines, and even a little based on cost. I truly felt he wanted to help his patients and not just doing it for the paycheck.
I would say this to any patient, not just his. But just because you hear of success doesn’t mean you will get it immediately. Be patient and trust they know what they are doing. Also just because a+b+c worked for you friend, doesn’t mean it will for you. Each diagnosis and treatment is different and therefore may have a different treatment.
I used various things depending on which cycle. I know in the beginning I was doing injections with follistim and timed intercourse. Then moved onto an egg retrieval cycle with follistim and menopur. Also using ganirelix and ovidrel for the trigger. For most of the cycles I used crinone progesterone. The last (successful) one I used progesterone in oil.
Way too much.
After several failed attempts, he was open to multiple. We transferred two!
Central Austin
They [TFC] are quick, Efficient, and all around incredible. Blood draws I always got results back same day and app are very easy to schedule....Laura is by far the greatest part of TFC!!! She is so attentive and quick to answer questions and get back to you with information. You could feel the hope she has for her patients as well as the compassion and empathy....We were originally 100% out of pocket. Dr. Propst was very conscious of that and the clinic offers many discounts for patients!
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
They are quick, Efficient, and all around incredible. Blood draws I always got results back same day and app are very easy to schedule. I do know several other patients and have heard that is not always the case for everyone. I think a lot of it has to do with who your nurse is.
He just took awhile to warm up too. Once he did though he has been great. He was especially wonderful at our baby app when he got to meet our daughter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Kurkendaul)
Laura is by far the greatest part of TFC!!! She is so attentive and quick to answer questions and get back to you with information. You could feel the hope she has for her patients as well as the compassion and empathy. She is by far one of the best health care professionals I have ever had to deal with.
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Propst for us was not the one that walks in and your super comfortable with. I think because both he and I are pretty awkward. That being said we have definitely developed a relationship with him and I have trusted him completely from the get go. We are eager to resume treatments with him for Baby number two and wouldn’t want to use anyone else.
Dr. Propst was very good about not moving on to new treatments too quickly but also pushing us to move on when he thought it was best. We have slowely moved through each of our cycles. A few clomid cycles, Clomid with IUI, hybrid with IUI, Injections with IUI which resulted in two pregnancies. It has been a steady progression not a rushed progression.
North Austin
Every single member of her [Dr. James] staff [at Texas Fertility Center] knew both myself and my husband by name. They were all cheering for us, they all knew and remembered all the details of our chart and our preferences. They were honest, aggressive with treatment options, and compassionate when we needed it most...The first three cycles we paid about $1800 apiece. My husbands job switched insurance at the beginning of the year and Nora was able to negotiate with our insurance to get our IUI's covered. It was $150 for the IUI instead of $1800 for Timed Intercourse...
European, Other
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
This was our first and only experience with a fertility Dr and we had lots of questions and they took tons of time to make us as comfortably as possible. They gave us hope and they delivered. Above and beyond.
Every single member of her staff knew both myself and my husband by name. They were all cheering for us, they all knew and remembered all the details of our chart and our preferences. They were honest, aggressive with treatment options, and compassionate when we needed it most.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sharon )
They went to bat for us with the insurance, they let us come in to do the trigger shot so we wouldn't have to do it ourselves, they asked questions about our life and genuinely cared for us.
How was your experience with Summer James at Texas Fertility Center?
She was one of the best Drs I've ever had in any specialty. She was the one to call and discuss results with us. When we finally got pregnant we got pregnant with twins, she was so happy for us. A few weeks later when we lost Baby B she was crushed by the news as well. She spent so much time making sure I was comfortable and was honest and helpful without sugar coating our situation. I know we wouldn't have our miracle baby without her hard work.
GO TO HER! She will change your life for the better. We are so lucky we found her.
Cycle 1 - 5mg Femara, Ovidrel trigger shot. Lots of ultrasounds. Timed Intercourse. Negative. Cycle 2 - Repeat Cycle 1, cancelled due to lump in breast. Cycle 3 - 7.5mg Femara, Ovidrel trigger shot. Lots of Ultrasounds, Timed Intercourse. Negative. Cycle 4 - 12.5mg Femara, Ovidrel trigger shot, sperm wash, IUI #1. Negative Cycle 5 - 12.5mg Femara, Ovidrel trigger shot, sperm wash, IUI #2. During the mid-cycle ultrasound she decided she wanted our 2 follicles to grow two extra days before the trigger shot. This was the game changer. Those two extra days gave us the 2 large follicles and two smaller ones. 4 chances. Positive-Pregnant with Twins.
That was the best part. The first three cycles we paid about $1800 apiece. My husbands job switched insurance at the beginning of the year and Nora was able to negotiate with our insurance to get our IUI's covered. It was $150 for the IUI instead of $1800 for Timed Intercourse.
PCOS, Unexplained
TFC was clean, quiet and organized. Both locations we used were equally nice. It was really convenient being able to make appointments at the different locations depending on which was more convenient for us at the time. The new surgical center we used for IVF was excellent. We almost never had to wait long for appointments...One time I wasn't called with my beta result from an IUI. I knew it was negative but wanted to hear it just in case. After some phone tag with the after hours nurse we got the result.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Dr Burger was always friendly and cheerful to us. She answered all of our questions and took our concerns seriously.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: DeeDee for IVF)
DeeDee was always very quick to reply to communication. She was flexible with our odd situation (me unable to receive calls at work) and talked to my husband often.
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
I liked Dr Burger from the very beginning; as soon as she got all of our information​ and background, she was already writing out plans for treatment. She was honest with us about our odds and never sugar coated anything, but was also encouraging. She kept us updated throughout every step of every process. I trusted her completely to do right by us.
Feel free to ask questions or suggest alternatives! She's very nice and not dismissive at all.
I did four IUI with Femara and two Femara only cycles, with doses ranging from 2.5-7.5mg. Half the cycles were with progesterone supplementation due to a shortening luteal phase. We had no quantifiable issues so IUI was the first step before IVF. When we moved to IVF we had an antagonist protocol with birth control suppression, gonal F, Menopur and cetrotide. Gonal F doses ranged from 75-300IU depending on estradiol levels. 75IU Menopur and cetrotide were used on days 10-13 of stims. 23 eggs were retrieved, 10 each fertilized normally and with ICSI, and 11 embryos were frozen. Half and half approach was used in case of fertilization issues.
Ultrasound monitoring was $200 each. Sperm wash $200, IUI $200. IVF plus one transfer was about $18k, higher than usual due to me needing more meds and having so many embryos to take care of.
Dr Burger strongly suggested eSET due to our ages, unexplained infertility, and general clinic practice. She said she'd only consider multiples after a few failed transfers.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I felt like a human [at Texas Fertility Center] until our own-egg IVF cycle failed and we decided to go abroad for our donor egg cycle. We needed the clinic's help for monitoring, and we were paying out of pocket for ultrasounds, but they were very unaccommodating...Laura [nurse] was wonderful at communicating. Some of the other nurses showed less compassion, especially those who we dealt with less often. Once we decided to only do monitoring through the clinic to prepare for using donor eggs overseas, the nursing staff was much less friendly.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The clinic is organized, though they tend to run late for appointments. They're great about weekend appointments for monitoring and procedures. You won't necessarily see your doctor, but someone will be there. If you have issues with sample delivery for a procedure, as we once did, the on-call nurses are wonderful about walking you through what to do and keeping you calm. Once we decided to use donor eggs at an overseas clinic, the clinic staff became much colder and much less accommodating to our needs. I told the nurse manager that it felt as though they only cared about helping build families when we were lining their pockets through large treatments, and not when we were simply giving ourselves the best chance for success.
I felt like a human until our own-egg IVF cycle failed and we decided to go abroad for our donor egg cycle. We needed the clinic's help for monitoring, and we were paying out of pocket for ultrasounds, but they were very unaccommodating. I told them that I felt like, since they were getting the big bucks from us for a donor egg cycle and only getting a few hundred from us for some ultrasounds, we no longer mattered. We only mattered if we were building a family their way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
Laura was wonderful at communicating. Some of the other nurses showed less compassion, especially those who we dealt with less often. Once we decided to only do monitoring through the clinic to prepare for using donor eggs overseas, the nursing staff was much less friendly.
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Vaughn was overall great to work with. He seemed to truly care about helping us start our family. I was disappointed that he seemed unwilling to try something else when our own-egg IVF cycle failed. He jumped straight to donor eggs instead of being open to trying a different protocol. While donor eggs are what we ultimately proceeded with, I didn't feel listened to, and it felt like he was giving up very quickly on my 29-year-old eggs. I was also disappointed that he wasn't more disappointed or perplexed by the fact that nothing grew past fertilization. Our IVF cycle was a overall very frustrating to us, but it didn't seem that way to him. But as far as his bedside manner and his walking us through treatments during our IUIs and everything leading up to egg retrieval in our IVF, he was wonderful.
Be proactive and advocate for yourself.
I had no trouble producing follicles and eggs, so we started with letrazole and IUIs. Three cycles of that before moving on to a single IUI cycle using an injectable medication. We did this cycle only to test my body's response to the injectable medication in preparation for IVF. At that point, Dr. Vaughn was pretty sure IUI wasn't going to work for us. For IVF, we did a fairly high dose of injectable medications to get as many eggs as possible, but by the time egg retrieval came around, we were risking too many larger follicles trying to get the smaller ones to catch up, so we called it and got fewer than we'd hoped for. After our IVF, Dr. Vaughn said he wouldn't change the protocol if we tried own-egg IVF again, despite the outcome.
Insurance didn't cover much. Ultrasound monitoring was about $200 per ultrasound. The IUIs were something like $500 each, I believe. The total cost of our IVF cycle was around $15,000, but we received a refund since we didn't make it to transfer. That part was a bit confusing, but they made it as smooth as they possibly could given the circumstances.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
[Texas Fertility Center is] a relatively small clinic and easy to get through to someone when you need them. They run a tight ship, administratively it's a well-oiled machine. Otherwise, they adhere far too tight to a one-size-fits-all protocol and to me it seems they are in it for the business more than helping women fight infertility and care for their bodies in the process. There is no acknowledgement of alternative medicine in supporting the process. My work with a respected acupuncturist, nutritionist and abdominal message was all brushed off as that easter stuff you do. When many more experienced fertility clinics today are embracing these therapies toward more positive outcomes.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
It's a relatively small clinic and easy to get through to someone when you need them. They run a tight ship, administratively it's a well-oiled machine. Otherwise, they adhere far too tight to a one-size-fits-all protocol and to me it seems they are in it for the business more than helping women fight infertility and care for their bodies in the process. There is no acknowledgement of alternative medicine in supporting the process. My work with a respected acupuncturist, nutritionist and abdominal message was all brushed off as that easter stuff you do. When many more experienced fertility clinics today are embracing these therapies toward more positive outcomes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
On why I felt like a number: I often did not see Dr. Hansard in the process but one of her male colleagues and amongst them there seems to be an expectation that the patient should not ask many questions. It wasn't until I took my sonogram reports (the tiny pieces of paper with numbers stating the count and size of your follicles throughout the stim process) to my acupuncturist that someone explained to me what it all meant. And when it came down to me having to make big decisions on a given plan I don't feel like I was given appropriate counsel. Case in point - There was a moment with Dr. Vaughn where cysts were found on my ovaries so I had to delay IVF for a cycle and decide whether or not to start to pill to diminish the cysts, give clomid a shot or do away with meds all together and let my body rest. He ratted off the options very fast, hastily walked me through the repercussions of each and offered no further counsel. I tried to elicit more intel but he was not forthcoming and in a hurry to move onto his next patient. I was pushed off onto the nurses who were not sympathetic or information either in helping me make a solid decision toward something where every month counts. Dr. Hansard was more tender and communicative but the way the office works you sometimes don't see your actual doctor for routine appointments but a colleague.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
I will say the nursing team is pretty solid at Texas Fertility. And when one of them is n/a at night or on the weekends, I felt good with the after-hours nurse on call.
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
I interviewed Dr. Hansard twice before I decided to go with Texas Fertility. The first time I was put off by what seemed like a very conservative, staunch point of view. She does things one way, not much interest in conversation otherwise and perhaps not as learned as her confidence would suggest (ie. alternative protocols, combining eastern medicine with the program etc). So I went with a clinic in Houston where the doctor was immensely compassionate, experienced, humble and clearly at the top of her game. I cried happy tears finally meeting someone who could have an intellectual conversation around things and no ego. Alas amazing as the Houston doctor was the office was a giant mess. Important calls went unreturned for a day or two. Getting through to anyone took a number of digital hurdles. So back I went to resee Dr. Hansard. In my desperation what once seemed like an unfeasible ego was now maternally hawkish. I could get behind the idea of her as powerful woman and maybe find success accordingly. In all fairness she was quite communicative and clear. In signing on I was very well aware that she would be on vacation during the stimulation phase of my cycle, I would be seeing her colleagues for the sonograms but she would be checking in at night to rule on any changes in my program. Again, not pleased with the level of care I was given by the other doctors in the practice but I made it through all that fine. She returned from holiday and I went in for my retrieval the day before Thanksgiving feeling really strong. I had done everything I possible could to support the IVF process. While I had a history of endometriosis and medium to low AMH all signs were looking good. But as it turned out all the follicles were empty. We didn't get a single unbroken egg. I came out from under to her telling me my eggs were atretic, they've never seen anything like it, I probably had a genetic problem and should consider a donor egg. No further information given. In doing my own research I very quickly found a number of studies and articles that have been written about it. There's a widely used term - Empty Follicle Syndrome. And most other clinics have experience as well as a standard protocol in dealing with it. That Dr. Hansard nor her embryologist could not or did not share basic professional medical knowledge widely available in respectably journals online was quite peculiar. We went back for a follow-up appointment when the dust settled and she back peddled a bit. Maybe with a longer protocol we could have some luck. But the chances were slim. The implication still was there's a problem with me not them. She also didn't know for sure what drugs to use. In then speaking to doctors outside the state everyone was quite familiar with the Empty Follicle Syndrome. While not very common, it's not unheard of and in most cases with an alternate protocol women can have a measure of success. They knew exactly what drugs to use and in fact we got 7 eggs. Only 1 made it to freeze but I'm not a lemon. It was worth every penny to go out of state. In talking to other patients of Texas Fertility they too expressed not being given completely educated information and major issues being undiagnosed that could have been detected only after the first round of IVF. Texas Fertility looks very solid on the outside but beneath the surface it is not a strong, educated institution. They adhere strongly to a one size fits all program and that just doesn't work for most people.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Go out of state, don't waste time with anyone but the best.
Anovulation, Other
April [Nurse at Texas Fertility Center] followed up on every visit by calling or emailing (especially when she had to email me to remind me the exact steps of treatments for that cycle). She called to give me my lab results and pregnancy status. I always felt like I could call her and ask her any question. She also always asked us about our week or weekend. When I got a positive pregnancy result, she called to let me know and seemed really excited to tell me the good news.
Anovulation, Other
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
This clinic is clean and quiet. There are two main exam rooms so it doesn't get very crowded. They also seem to have every magazine subscription there is!
Every visit, she remember exactly what we discussed on the previous visit. She even remembered personal things we mentioned outside of the fertility process. She sat down with us an answered every question we had without making us feel rushed. Appointments also started exactly on time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: April )
April followed up on every visit by calling or emailing (especially when she had to email me to remind me the exact steps of treatments for that cycle). She called to give me my lab results and pregnancy status. I always felt like I could call her and ask her any question. She also always asked us about our week or weekend. When I got a positive pregnancy result, she called to let me know and seemed really excited to tell me the good news.
How was your experience with Summer James at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. James was to the point without making me feel like she was short. There wasn't a lot of fluff in our communication, but I felt like she always addressed my concerns, needs and questions. I felt extremely comfortable with her and felt as though she was incredibly knowledgeable. I never felt stupid asking questions or having her reiterate information.
I think I would give the same advise to anyone going to a fertility doctor - be patient and don't get discouraged if the treatments don't work the first, second or third time (or more). We swore our fourth cycle wasn't going to work and I was extremely frustrated. Low and behold, it worked and we will be having a little girl in a few months!
I had been to two other doctors previously and had been struggling to get pregnant for about a year and a half before seeing Dr. James. The previous doctors had perscribed Clomid and it didn't work. After running a lot of tests, Dr. James put me on Femara combined with Ovidril shots. The first cycle only produced one egg (I believe it was 2 Femara pills/day), the second cycle produced 2 eggs (3 Femara pills/day), the third cycle produced 6 eggs which caused us to make the decision to skip the trigger shot (4 Femara pills/day) and the final cycle (2.5 Femara pills/day) produced 1 large egg and eventually a baby!
Every visit, especially when I had to get an ultrasound, was $204. When I found out I was pregnant and had ultrasounds with the baby, the price when up to about $335. The initial consultation was somewhere around $350. In total, we probably spent a total of $3K once you add up all of the blood work, office visits and prescriptions.
IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
[The staff at Texas Fertility Center was] Very friendly. And they make a point to remember you. With the number of times you visit during your treatment you start to feel like they're close friends. Very professional and supportive.... Dr Hansard was wonderful. She took the time to understand our wants, frustrations and goals. She offered advise and gave us many options.
IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Dr Hansard was wonderful. She took the time to understand our wants, frustrations and goals. She offered advise and gave us many options. She understood that we needed extra support as this was a new road for us. She was extremely supportive. I would highly recommend her.
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr Hansard was wonderful. She was referred to us by my OBGYN after we had 3 failed IUI attempts with him. Dr Hansard is very much about education and helping you understand all of your options. She felt strongly about us trying with our own eggs before going straight to a donor. We did, unfortunately my own eggs did not take. We ended up going with a donor and she was there every step of the way. We had a successful pregnancy and are now the parents of a beautiful baby boy. I would recommend Dr Hansard to anyone looking into IVF or having any issues with becoming pregnant.
Set up a consult and the attend her presentation on IVF. She has these monthly at St Davids North. It's very informative and definitely the first step in helping educate yourself on your options and next steps.
Describe the protocols Lisa Hansard used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
She was very insistent on my only transfering one fresh embryo during our donor transfer. I was worried as I'm 42 years old. But it worked! She was right.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center.
First round of IVF using my own eggs was about $10K as we participated in a study. Second round using donor eggs (including retrieval and transfer), was about $35K.
2012 - 2014
Anovulation, Male Factor
The clinic is warm and welcoming. So many people working there but helping everyone out, being understanding of any type of situation, cheering every patient on, and overall very kind hearted people... Scheduling was easy. The doctors tend to do procedures in the morning and office appointments in the afternoons. We waited in a beautiful waiting room usually no more than 15 minutes from our appointment time.
2012 - 2014
Anovulation, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Although Dr. Silverberg is very quick, he is ready to answer questions at every appointment. Even two years after our first round of IVF, he remembered us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center.
We had a different nurse for each round, but both were excellent. We were able to call with any questions at any time and both were prompt in returning those calls. I really believe they wanted treatments to be successful for us just as much as we did.
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Silverberg is very thorough is very real. He explains everything that is happening in the appointment, such as what he sees on the ultrasound and showing us what each thing is, he shows us how he is measuring the size of the follicles and lining of the uterus, and takes the time to answer questions. He has been to Washington, D.C. several times to advocate for infertility which shows me he is passionate about what he does and his desire to help people in this situation.
Don't be turned off by the 10 minute exam once the process of the treatment begins. He spends an hour with you at the initial consult. He welcomes questions and is easy to work with.
I don't remember the type of protocols used but for both full IVF cycles, I was on birth control for about 3 weeks, lupron for a couple of weeks, lupron and gonal-f for 10 days the first round and 12 days the second round. I triggered with ovidrel both times and was on estrogen pills for a little over a week and crinone until my progesterone numbers were high enough. We went to IVF, skipping IUI, because my husband has a history of trsticular cancer which greatly effected his numbers. I feel like that was the right call so we weren't spending so much money on countless IUIs that probably wouldn't have worked. Our first IVF resulted in 6 embryos, only one in the blast stage. We transferred two, the rest arrested, and we had one healthy baby. The second round resulted in 10 embryos, 4 reaching the blast stage. We opted to freeze all in order to allow my body to adjust from being on the meds. We did a frozen transfer about 2 weeks later of one embryo which resulted in one healthy baby.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Texas Fertility Center.
Scheduling was easy. The doctors tend to do procedures in the morning and office appointments in the afternoons. We waited in a beautiful waiting room usually no more than 15 minutes from our appointment time. The monitoring ultrasound itself only took about 10 minutes if we didn't have questions. We always felt comfortable and like we were given every piece of information we needed.
We paid for everything except the medications at our clinic. Everything had to be paid in full at the baseline appointment. If something changed, for example an extra monitoring appointment that we weren't expecting, we were made aware and they worked with us on payment.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Cat and Laura [nurses at Texas Fertility Center] were amazing, caring individuals. I felt like they took care of only me and my emotional needs. I also feel that if i needed to talk to Dr Silverberg they would connect me if needed....Very nice setting conveniently located by my house. they have offices all over Austin as well. I only went to the main office and Round Rock once because it was convenient for me that day
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
very nice setting conveniently located by my house. they have offices all over Austin as well. I only went to the main office and Round Rock once because it was convenient for me that day
He listened to both me and my husband and honestly answered our questions. He had current research data to back up his treatment plans and gave us realistic percentages for success - never making us fell stupid for asking "why" and "why not". Was genuinely sad when we weren't pregnant and elated to meet our son at an office visit. Amazing change from our other fertility doctor. He made us feel like we were in control - when we had felt so downtrodden
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cat/Laura )
Cat and Laura were amazing, caring individuals. I felt like they took care of only me and my emotional needs. I also feel that if i needed to talk to Dr Silverberg they would connect me if needed. Although this wasn't really an issue - he gave me his cell phone
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
he is an amazing communicator and always in an upbeat mood. we knew success was just around the corner. He does tons of fertility research but doesn't have clinical personality
He's very busy - be patient. He runs late because he cares so much. pay it forward - one day you might be the patient that needs that extra 20 minutes to dry your eyes and adjust the plan. if I'm in the waiting room i don't mind waiting for you.
I'm old. I needed lots of help but I conceived with my own eggs with a poor responders protocol. We used PGS and a freeze all cycle to find normal eggs on the second go round.
Did IVF with PGS - drugs were covered with copays and some of our cycle cost (PGS) was covered with one of Dr Silverberg's fertility studies. Total cost less than $10,000
2010 - 2013
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The only negative thing I would say [about Texas Fertility Center] is that you can be waiting a long time past your appointment time but I think that is the nature of this business. They take the time needed with each patient so once you are back there you don't feel rushed or like a number. Also, considering all of the last minute scheduling they do for IVF cycles, it is amazing how organized it actually is.
2010 - 2013
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
the only negative thing I would say is that you can be waiting a long time past your appointment time but I think that is the nature of this business. They take the time needed with each patient so once you are back there you don't feel rushed or like a number. Also, considering all of the last minute scheduling they do for IVF cycles, it is amazing how organized it actually is.
He takes his time to explain everything and makes you feel like he knows you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
They were on call 24/7. They were all really nice, compassionate and understanding.
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
I always knew I would have fertility issues and I left my first appointment with him beyond hopeful. He listened to my long story and immediately took me for an exam. He said he would go straight to IVF if he were me (after surgery) but was willing to explore less expensive options. When two tries at IUI didn't work, he consoled me and convinced me to continue my journey when I was at my breaking point. He was so genuinely happy for me when I was finally pregnant with my now five year old. He loves his job. I cannot say enough good things about him. When I went back to him almost two years later at age 40, I was pretty sure I was going to have an only child but he told me about the donor program and explained it in such a positive light that I left the office thinking, why not? So thanks to his guidance, I have two healthy happy boys and the family I had always dreamed of but never really thought I could hope for. I am so thankful I met him. It's a very difficult journey but he is so positive that it keeps you going and your eye on the prize!
Listen to every work and take his advice, He knows exactly what he is doing. If he says to go IVF, listen. It will most likely save you time, money and heartache.
My IVF came out to about $15,000. My IVF with donor eggs was about $28,000. The later includes additional costs because the first donor did not work out
2009 - 2010
None, Unexplained
The nurses and staff [at Texas Fertility Center] were always very kind and efficient. Could not have asked for more...Dr Vaughn spent a lot of time with my husband and I answering our multiple questions...I was lucky and my insurance paid for a lot of my visits. They covered the testing and surgery to diagnosis my infertility. I remember having to pay for the fertility injections, of course and my husbands labs and sperm washing.
2009 - 2010
None, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
I have no complaints with the clinic. Just be patient as this could be a really long process. They want to succeed as much as you want to be pregnant. This process becomes all consuming. I didn't realize it at the time but it is truly all consuming. I didn't have any other kids so this was my primary focus. You will also need a job that is understanding because there are many many appointments during the process for the monitoring.
Dr Vaughn spent a lot of time with my husband and I answering our multiple questions. Advised us on all of our options due to our age, frustration and discussing moving forward with IVF. Ultimately the last IUI cycle we were going to try worked but it was nice to feel informed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center.
The nurses and staff were always very kind and efficient. Could not have asked for more.
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
Our first meeting with Dr Vaughn was interesting. He was not particularly warm and friendly. But he was honest and provided good information. We decided to move forward. As we actually got to know him over those next several months, he became friendlier and we could tell he truly cared. He is very good at what he does. The first time I became pregnant he was very honest and made us aware that the "numbers" from the blood work did not look promising but he also made sure we saw it as a positive that I COULD ACTUALLY GET PREGNANT. Ultimately, we did miscarry early on in the pregnancy which we were not surprised from Dr Vaughn's counseling. Our next session of IUI, he let us know we had twins and seemed truly excited for us. We took the boys up to visit him and the nurses when they were about 1 yr old and he was very kind.
Do not judge him on the first couple meetings with him. He warms up through the process. If you're looking for a hand holder, just know it will take a little time.
I truly don't remember all the drugs. The details I do remember are this: There is lots of blood work! Dr Vaughn did an exploratory surgery on me to try to diagnose my infertility. I had a previous myomyectomy (fibroid removal) with by normal ob gyn before I began treatment with Dr V. Dr V found some endrometriosis and the fibroid growing back so took care of what he could during that laproscopic surgery. We used fertility injections. I was seen very regularly for bllod work and ultrasounds while taking the injections to monitor the follicles for size. My first round I ovulated early so we did not get to do the IUI. My second round of injections they added another shot to keep me from ovulating. Once my follicles were of the proper size to release, I had another shot to actually stimulate the ovulation. The next day my husband would provide a sperm sample that they washed and the IUI was done that afternoon. I think it took a couple times for the meds to be correct and they learn your cycles. I do remember one cycle my ovaries were overstimulated because of the fertility drugs and I had to rest for a month which at the time was very frustrating. My first pregnancy resulted in miscarriage. But the second (which was just the cycle after) I found out we were pregnancy with twins and the numbers looked great. Dr V followed me for the first 12 weeks.
Central Austin
Our clinic [Texas Fertility Center] see’s a lot of patients every day! Even though the office is busy most of the time, I still feel like a valued patient at every corner. They really do strive to give their patients the best care and top notch facilities.... Our total cost for the whole IVF process without FET was about $10000. Not including medications. Our ultrasounds were about 200 each and the majority of that cost went to the embryology lab ($6k). The facility fee was about $1700.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Our clinic see’s a lot of patients every day! Even though the office is busy most of the time, I still feel like a valued patient at every corner. They really do strive to give their patients the best care and top notch facilities.
Dr Hansard always treats us with respect and kindness!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Virginia Brown)
“Ginny” is great and is always available to answer any questions I have during my first cycle of IVF which can be quite scary but she made it a breeze.
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
So far through our year with her she has been absolutely great! We have had some set backs that were not forseable and we have adjusted course and she is even communicating with other doctors in the area to help create a plan of action!
She tells like it is! She does not sugar coat things and get your hopes up. She is honest and caring while giving you the best chances of getting pregnant, we love her!
All of our IUI’s were unscuessful, as we are facing a MFI issue. We underwent an egg retrieval where I was put on your standard medications to produce eggs nothing extra. We received unexpected news when we only one embryo was able to be frozen out of the 14 fertilized eggs. We are doing an FET soon and will go for round two with a new course of medication if needed to be more success ful.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
The clinic [Texas Fertility Center-Austin] was very well organized. Big staff. Each person specializes in one aspect of the clinic. Everything ran smoothly and we were never left waiting. They have several clinics around town which is very convenient.... Total was about $19,000. This included genetic testing for embryo and medication.... The nurse and nursing staff were always quick to respond to any questions. Everyone was professional and caring.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The clinic was very well organized. Big staff. Each person specializes in one aspect of the clinic. Everything ran smoothly and we were never left waiting. They have several clinics around town which is very convenient.
We went to Dr. Hansard because we felt like our previous doctor acted more like a salesman. Dr. Hansard was professional and knowledgeable. Despite our low chance for success, Dr. Hansard and her staff were always positive. She offered us a Plan B in case our off cycle was not successful. Even though we did not get the result we hoped for, we felt like we received the best, most professional care. We are still planning to go through our Plan B and will go back to Dr. Hansard to see it through.
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Hansard was very knowledgeable and was up to date with the latest research. She has the perfect mix of bluntness and caring. She was always on time with appointments and made us feel like we were important.
If you want a positive experience for a stressful situation like off, go see Dr. Hansard.
My infertility was due to advanced maternal age. Dr. Hansard prescribed a more aggressive treatment cycle so I could produce an optimal number of eggs. My egg retrieval was more successful than what was anticipated.
Describe Lisa Hansard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Fertility Center.
Dr. Hansard does not recommend multiple embryo transfer because it risky to health of babies and mother.
Central Austin
This clinic [Texas Fert Ctr - Aus Central] is available at all hours. They are very organized. When another doctor has to see you, they have no problem figuring out your plan. The clinic is reachable by phone or email and they have an after hours nurse line. I never sat around for a long time waiting. It was in and out. They also have an IVF lab associated with them....Dr Burger was very warm and candid while working with me.... She was personable and positive.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
This clinic is available at all hours. They are very organized. When another doctor has to see you, they have no problem figuring out your plan. The clinic is reachable by phone or email and they have an after hours nurse line. I never sat around for a long time waiting. It was in and out. They also have an IVF lab associated with them.
Dr Burger was very warm and candid while working with me. I had a pregnancy that ended up being an abnormal so I to return and try again. She was very compassionate.
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
She was very knowledgeable and outlined many different options. I appreciated the fact that she did not jump to the most expensive option but wanted to try cheaper solutions first. She was very sensitive towards financial limitations also. She was personable and positive.
We decided to go with the least invasive strategy first. I did 3 IUI's before getting pregnant. All were without medicine. After I returned to fertility treatments again we decided together to try fertility meds because she thought stimulating my ovaries would increase the quality of the eggs. AFter that IUI did not work (due to low motile sperm count probably) a cyst developed on one ovary so we decided to not use meds on the next round. I became pregnant.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
It’s been pretty easy to get appointments [at Texas Fertility Center-South Austin], but there is not much availability for early morning. The south location also has some limitations, so I’ve needed to go to the main office a few times. You’ll just need to be flexible sometimes... My primary nurse and the on call nurse have both been outstanding and uplifting... have a dedicated nurse that is very easy to reach, and her bedside manner is kind while also being clinical and realistic
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
It’s been pretty easy to get appointments, but there is not much availability for early morning. The south location also has some limitations, so I’ve needed to go to the main office a few times. You’ll just need to be flexible sometimes.
I never feel rushed, I have a dedicated nurse that is very easy to reach, and her bedside manner is kind while also being clinical and realistic
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center.
My primary nurse and the on call nurse have both been outstanding and uplifting
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
I don’t think this is really Dr. Burger’s fault because I have done a ton of research and the terminology and basic plan was familiar to me already, but my husband has been confused about the plan and next steps.
Be prepared that it will not be a warm and fuzzy experience, but she will be kind and tactful.
Started with progesterone suppositories to try and lengthen my LP, then IUI with Femara. Upped my Femara dose for IUI #2 to 7.5 mg and added Estradiol with the progesterone, reducing Estradiol dose for IUI #3 because it made me very moody and irritable. My LP has lengthened to 12-14 days with this protocol, but no pregnancy yet.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
[Texas Fertility Center] Strengths - quality care, multiple doctors that all converse with one another Weaknesses - can be hard for doctors to build relationships with patience if their load is too large. The wait times can be long for some doctors...I liked my pre-IVF nurse better... she was more compassionate. Both IVF nurses I’ve had seem like they have no time for you....IVF nurses forget to follow up. Or sometimes the staff doesn’t give the blood test paperwork needed.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Dr.Vaughn has amazing bedside manner. I saw another doctor at the clinic but each visit was like I was a new patient. Dr. Vaughn is patient and always optimistic, which helps in a gloomy time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lisa (previously another woman))
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
His bedside manner is spectacular. Always remembers who you are, your case, and is optimistic. He has definitely seen a lot of cases and his expertise is something I trust. He retested my tubes after a doctor said my tubes were blocked, but they were just swollen from a procedure. When you have to see someone as frequently has once a week, you want them to remember you and he truly seems to care about all his patients.
If you are impatient, he may not be the doctor for you. He’s very calm and humble. Come with questions, he will take the time to answer all of them.
For my IVF cycle he used a lower dose to see how I’d react.
So far I’ve spent 27k
We did single embryo transfers each time due to my age.
Central Austin
It was easy to get appointments scheduled [at Texas Fertility Center-Austin], and they would work with your schedule. A clean office that is friendly understanding. I had great experience here and would definitely recommend them to anyone who is trying to grow their family.... The staff was friendly and when I had to bring my first child with me to ultrasounds for my second iui they were helpful when I needed to reassure my child.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
It was easy to get appointments scheduled, and they would work with your schedule. A clean office that is friendly understanding. I had great experience here and would definitely recommend them to anyone who is trying to grow their family.
She remembered my name when I came back 3 years later to attempt child number 2.
How was your experience with Summer James at Texas Fertility Center?
She is brisk, but she never treated me as if I was unintelligent and was always willing to go over things until full understanding was reached. She accepts calls after hours that were not strictly emergency and was kind and professional even though she was off work for the day.
Ask questions, and bring a notepad to write down the treatment plan as you go.
While doing an iui with injectables Dr. James did ultrasounds fairly frequently and would adjust dosage based on what your body was actually doing. It can be more expensive, but Dr. James’ goal is a safe singleton pregnancy.
Central Austin
Be prepared to start your journey and move forward at the pace you want. They [Texas Fertility Center] will work with you at your pace. There is absolutely no pressure. They will fill you full of information and options. The next steps are the patients to take based on where they are emotionally and financially.... Everyone in the staff has been wonderful in making sure we are comfortable and bending over backwards to make sure we understand all of our options.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Be prepared to start your journey and move forward at the pace you want. They will work with you at your pace. There is absolutely no pressure. They will fill you full of information and options. The next steps are the patients to take based on where they are emotionally and financially.
Dr. Propst is a very caring and knowledgeable doctor. He has the exact amount of warmth paired with facts and reality
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Super knowledgeable. His experience left us feeling like we made the best decision possible in this journey by making him our primary fertility physician. He always provides all of the facts and risks in a caring manner.
Nothing other than if you have any questions at all don't hesitate to ask. He will spend as much time with you as you need and will explain everything thoroughly.
Since we are still at the beginning of our journey we began with around of clomid IUI. Knowing the low probability we did not anticipate much and we did get a negative test but it was a starting place for our process. next we are going to injectable IUI.
$1000 for clomid IUI
we have not experienced this yet.
Round Rock
Again, we are so relieved to be seen promptly. The waiting room [Texas Fertility Center] is spacious and has a huge fish tank, which is calming to watch before an appointment. Everything is clean and spacious and you aren’t running into other patients when checking out.... We are seen immediately, which is huge because our last clinic would leave us waiting for forever to be seen. The nurses are all super sweet and feel like family members. They work as a team and get what needs to be done done.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Again, we are so relieved to be seen promptly. The waiting room is spacious and has a huge fish tank, which is calming to watch before an appointment. Everything is clean and spacious and you aren’t running into other patients when checking out.
My emotions, prior knowledge and busy life were all acknowledged.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kathryn Boepple)
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
I love that he has been in this field for a long time. He is funny and kind and took the time to answer all of our questions. He was ready to proceed as fast or slow as we wanted. He did not seem to be in a rush or interested in his next patient, which is something our last doctor did. He is also very gentle during exams.
He’s an old man so it’s kind of like talking to your dad so just be prepared for that aspect.
Exam, genetic testing, looking at egg reserve. Recommended either laparoscopy or IVF but leaving that up to us. We are now deciding which to do.
7 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Very organized and efficient. Clean and comfortable. This clinic is quite costly and charges or everything individually. There are no offered discounts or package offerings to keep costs down.... Disconnect between the primary nurse and Dr. Hansard.... Very kind and responsive, yet not always in sync with Dr. Hansard on instructions for the patient.... Often myself as the patient knew more about next steps and protocols than the nurse.
7 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Very organized and efficient. Clean and comfortable. This clinic is quite costly and charges or everything individually. There are no offered discounts or package offerings to keep costs down. Unnecessary ultrasounds were ordered.
Developed a personal relationship where we could discuss issues openly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia)
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Lisa Hansard is a good communicator and has a very positive attitude. I didn't feel though that she offered many options aside from the standard IVF conservative treatment options. I had to bring research and options to the table to discuss for subsequent cycles.
Only see Lisa Hansard if you do not have overwhelming challenges with your fertility. If your case is fairly straightforward and likely to result in a positive outcome, she would be a good choice.
Started with IUI's since I had never tried to get pregnant. When 6 IUI's ended in failure, we moved on to IVF. My first IVF cycle was a total failure with no embryos making it to the blastocyst stage. My second IVF resulted in 2 abnormal embryos.
IVF - 25K IUI - $2000
2014 - 2017
The only weakness was the wait times. They wernt horrible but they could work on that. Everyone in the office [Texas Fert Ctr] truly care and are so helpful. I do wish they offered financing in house....My primary nurse was absolutely amazing. I could get ahold of her any time and she was so helpful...Dr Vaughn always remembered who we were and always personally called me with any info or test results... the only time I wasnt able to see Dr Vaughn is when we had Sunday appointments and he wasnt on call.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The only weakness was the wait times. They wernt horrible but they could work on that. Everyone in the office truly care and are so helpful. I do wish they offered financing in house. If they did we would have started another round there already.
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr Vaughn was always the one to call with any questions or test results. Dr Vaughn did all of my procedures and the only time I wasnt able to see Dr Vaughn is when we had Sunday appointments and he wasnt on call. There was never a time that I left his office unclear of what was next.
the whole process is very overwhelming , but Dr Vaughn will guide you through it all
I did the Lupron protocol. My treatment was pretty simple since our IVF was due to male fertility issues.
I feel like they may be a little higher than some clinics and everything has to be paid upfront
Dr Vaughn was very pro single embryo transfer unless you were very addement on it or if he felt like it was best for you.
Central Austin
[Texas Fertility Center-SA is] Very clean relaxed atmosphere with WiFi available. Easily accessible in the stone oak area. The staff are all very friendly and can help answer your questions. It was easy to schedule and call to reschedule as needed. Dr. James even came in on the weekend when it was needed for my cycle.... We completed the HSG to determine no blockages prior to any treatment. We did one cycle with Clomid and trigger shot. We opted to go with the IUI to increase our odds.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
She sat down with us and explained fertility A-Z without making you feel incompetent or incomplete for having issues. She gave us a very personalized plan of care and explained all our options clearly. I never felt rushed or pressured.
Always friendly and with a smile. They greeted me by name and were so excited when we found out we were expecting twins.
How was your experience with Summer James at Texas Fertility Center?
She was extremely knowledgeable, warm, and compassionate. I felt very comfortable and cried when it was time to go back to my OB because she made it all possible. She had a great sense of humor and beside manner that made you trust her.
Go with an open mind and think through all the options presented.
San Antonio
April [nurse at Texas Fertility Center - San Antonio] was great at relaying lab results with me and compassionate when she didn't have good news. She throughly explained everything she could. I can be an impatient person and I have called to check on lab results. Not once was I made to feel like a burden when calling about a lab result or any other questions...The staff is wonderful. The office has everything needed for all procedures. The only thing I've heard some offices have that this one doesn't is a lab...
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Dr James spoke with me about anything I questioned. She reassured me but was firm and didn't try to hide anything. I never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: April)
April was great at relaying lab results with me and compassionate when she didn't have good news. She throughly explained everything she could. I can be an impatient person and I have called to check on lab results. Not once was I made to feel like a burden when calling about a lab result or any other questions.
How was your experience with Summer James at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr James does speak fast but she will always find a way to break anything down that we didn't understand fully. When we had our miscarriage we sat down with Dr James for over an hour talking about past losses and what we should do next. Dr James has always done every procedure I've attended.
Don't feel rushed by the fact she speaks fast. She will break anything down for you and will never rush you or make your questions seem small. She is straight forward and to the point, she won't take you anywhere she feels won't work.
San Antonio
If you choose to go to one of the satellite offices [for Texas Fertility Center], you will still need to go to the main location for certain things (anything on the weekend, anything IVF related). All of the doctors are great. You will see a doctor at every single visit.... I don’t see my nurse much since I go to a satellite location, not the main office. She is available for questions via phone during business hours. The on-call nurse is available after hours.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
If you choose to go to one of the satellite offices, you will still need to go to the main location for certain things (anything on the weekend, anything IVF related). All of the doctors are great. You will see a doctor at every single visit.
Every single time I go to the clinic, I see my doctor. She will spend as much time with me as needed to answer all of my questions. She is compassionate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
She is a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. She listens and answers all questions no matter how trivial. She spends as much time as you need with you. She can be reached through the nurses most of the time.
I highly recommend her.
She found and removed a uterine septum and tried several IUIs. We have now moved on to IVF.
We paid completely out of pocket.
She will only transfer one pgs tested embryo.
South Austin
Nursing staff [at Texas Fertility Center-Round Rock] was amazing and we loved ur nurse Shannon. Always emailed or called me back with any questions or concerns I had.... I started with clomid 50mg and that was because I asked to go the medicated way. Went in for ultrasound and saw it was not working and he switched me to femara 100mg and came back a week later to find three good sized eggs. Came back the next day for iui.
European, Black or African-American, Native American
He and his staff were very tentative and made my first cycle a breeze.
Nursing staff was amazing and we loved ur nurse Shannon. Always emailed or called me back with any questions or concerns I had.
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
He was willing to answer all questions and asked how we wanted to go about cycle one.Treated us like any other couple and never made us feel less than. Stayed positive throughout and when he realized clomid did not work, he was quick to prescribe something stronger. His staff is amazing and always answer any questions I have no matter time or date.
Stay positive and talk with your team, as everyone wants the same thing.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
This clinic [Texas Fertility Center] is clean, organized, orderly and all the staff members are amazing. From the front desk to check out, each employee is kind and compassionate. Everyone is attentive and I have had no issues whatsoever. There is always someone available to speak to if an issue arises...Megan [nurse] is so kind, compassionate, understanding and a great listener. She is always eager and willing to answer all my questions.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
This clinic is clean, organized, orderly and all the staff members are amazing. From the front desk to check out, each employee is kind and compassionate. Everyone is attentive and I have had no issues whatsoever. There is always someone available to speak to if an issue arises.
He is always open to me asking a million questions, whether they’re redundant or stupid, he always listens and answers anything I ask.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan )
Megan is so kind, compassionate, understanding and a great listener. She is always eager and willing to answer all my questions.
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
He is very helpful, attentive and kind. He listens to my concerns and answers my questions. He is compassionate and understanding. He treats me like a human and not just another number. He’s informative and always makes sure I fully understand everything he is telling me.
Ask as many questions as you want, he will answer them! He’s very understanding and highly educated. He is full of knowledge and is amazing at what he does.
Central Austin
Clinic [Texas Fertility Center] is extremely prompt and efficient. Very friendly.... Kat [a nurse] is extremely responsive. She always returns phone calls promptly and listens with patience and compassion and works to get the answers you need in a timely fashion.... Her nursing staff is also incredibly supportive and willing to talk anytime.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Clinic is extremely prompt and efficient. Very friendly.
Dr. Hansard always took the time to explain what was happening and why we were pursuing a particular course of treatment. I was never rushed and she was always compassionate and enthusiastic about my goals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Katherine Boepple)
Kat is extremely responsive. She always returns phone calls promptly and listens with patience and compassion and works to get the answers you need in a timely fashion.
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Hansard gave me an honest assessment about the way in which she thought I could get pregnant. She chose a less aggressive treatment after my previous fertility doctor thought I needed to move on. She also is very knowledgeable and provided me with good information about PCOS.
Ask her to be honest with you about your chances of conceiving. Ask her lots of questions. Her nursing staff is also incredibly supportive and willing to talk anytime.
200 per visit, roughly 1,000 for clomid IUI cycle.
2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Several years ago a nurse [from Texas Fertility Center] called to tell me I had a blocked tube but that they would be able to unblock it. Then at my follow up appointment with the doctor, she said she had never said that, and that the nurse was mistaken. I had to have the tube removed...I am just starting with treatment so I can't say but for my surgery for endometriosis I paid about 1500
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
They are well run and organized.
Dr. Burger is very warm and caring. She takes time to listen and answer all questions without seeming annoyed.
The nurses have not seemed as compassionate or patient as Dr. Burger.
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
I have had a great experience with Dr. Burger. She removed my stage 4 endometriosis recently. I was just diagnosed with Diminised Ovarian Reserve and we are likely going to be pursuing IVF soon. I feel confident being under her care.
Don't be afraid to ask all your questions- she will take time to answer them fully
We are at the beginning stage of treatment with Dr. Burger as I have just been diagnosed with DOR. But I am happy with the laparoscopy she did for my Endometriosis last year.
Central Austin
We were originally 100% out of pocket [at Texas Fertility Center]. Dr. Propst was very conscious of that and the clinic offers many discounts for patients!...Dr. Propst was very good about not moving on to new treatments too quickly but also pushing us to move on when he thought it was best. We have slowly moved through each of our cycles. A few clomid cycles, Clomid with IUI, hybrid with IUI, Injections with IUI (which resulted in pregnancy), and we are currently in another infection cycle with IUI. It as been a steady progression not a rushed progression.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
They are quick, Efficient, and all around incredible.
He just took awhile to warm up too. Once he did though he has been great.
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Remember that he will warm up
Dr. Propst was very good about not moving on to new treatments too quickly but also pushing us to move on when he thought it was best. We have slowely moved through each of our cycles. A few clomid cycles, Clomid with IUI, hybrid with IUI, Injections with IUI (which resulted in pregnancy), and we are currently in another infection cycle with IUI. It as been a steady progression not a rushed progression.
2013 - 2016
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
This clinic [Texas Fertility Center] communicates well, is very patient centered, and highly professional. You know that you are in good hands with them....All of the nursing staff was awesome and always available to answer any questions. They were also very sensitive and compassionate....[The staff] really hold your hand through the process and are always accessible. Dr. Hansard treated us like family and I will be eternally grateful. I wouldn't change a thing. I can honestly say that.
2013 - 2016
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
This clinic communicates well, is very patient centered, and highly professional. You know that you are in good hands with them.
She was so sensitive to our feelings and really talked to us and treated us like we were close friends or even family.
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Hansard was so sensitive to us and our needs. She explained everything in detail and was so very compassionate. She is the absolute best! [The staff] really hold your hand through the process and are always accessible. Dr. Hansard treated us like family and I will be eternally grateful. I wouldn't change a thing. I can honestly say that.
Relax! She is the best and has your best interest at heart!
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
The nursing staff were all very caring and understanding of the environment they were working in... There are other good doctors at the clinic but Dr Burger was our favourite. She is very open and honest with you and will listen to your needs.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr Burger got to know us and our situation. She was very willing to try IUI with us before moving onto IVF. I felt she was very honest with us throughout our treatment which was a great thing because I would have hated to spend more money undergoing procedures that would not necessarily have ever resulted in pregnancy.
The nursin staff were all very caring and understanding of the environment they were working in. They would always wish us luck after having an IUI.
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
I don't feel Dr Burger has any weaknesses as a care giver. She was always very informative. We always felt she was sensitive to our situation and would make time to speak with us after failed attempts to explain what we could do next and cover what was involved in that. She was brilliant and I would and do highly recommend her to people with fertility issues.
2004 - 2011
The clinic [Texas Fertility Center] was very organized and thorough!...The staff as well as the other doctor's in his clinic were all just as amazing as Dr. Vaughn!...Dr. Vaughn and his entire staff were some of the most amazing, kind people I have ever met. They treated me like I was a person not just a number. They truly care about each and everyone of their patients...Thomas Vaughn is one of the kindest, most compassionate doctor and person that I have ever known.
2004 - 2011
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The clinic was very organized and thorough!
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
Thomas Vaughn is one of the kindest, most compassionate doctor and person that I have ever known. He makes you feel so comfortable when you are in his office. He is very calm and explains every thing in detail and finds the positive in everything. He always gave me hope!
Embrace every chance you get to spend with him because he truly is one of the best!
I took Clomid and did IUI's. I always produced a lot of eggs so he felt like this was the best treatment over doing injections. They worked! I have three children because of him!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
I honestly don’t have a bad word to say about TFC. The entire staff was a joy to work with, wait times were low and they were all so kind during what is often a very stressful expierence. I felt like a person and not a number each time I arrived for an appointment.... Our initial consultation lasted an hour and a half as she [Dr. Lisa Hansard] was trying to gather as much information as possible to know how to proceed. She was kind, honest, gentle and firm all at the same time. She even cried with me when we heard the baby’s heartbeat for the first time
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
I never felt rush. She has the most kind bedside manner and spoke to me like a friend.
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
I loved everything about my expierence with her. Our initial consultation lasted an hour and a half as she was trying to gather as much information as possible to know how to proceed. She was kind, honest, gentle and firm all at the same time. She even cried with me when we heard the baby’s heartbeat for the first time.
Be 100%honest with her about your history!
North Austin
The nursing staff [at Texas Fertility Center] is very communicative!...With insurance coverage (before deductible) ultrasound was $190, IUI was about $565...Extremely well organized, clean, and professional...She performed surgery to remove my uterine septum as well as a polyp. After healing, we did 2 rounds with Femara and timed intercourse and 1 round with Femara, Ovidrel and IUI. We ended up getting pregnant on a natural cycle.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Extremely well organized, clean, and professional.
She sat with me and answered every question. We came up with a plan A, B, and C.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
The nursing staff is very communicative!
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
She is a great listener, very well educated, and willing to give many options.
She is so knowledgeable about this field of medicine and really knows her stuff.
Central Austin
They understood our investment and respected our time and were very caring and professional. They treated us like we were celebrities and their only patient.
I genuinely think he really cared for us and wanted our success. I felt like he was invested in this just as much as us. He was smart and knowledgable and always in a good mood. He was positive and made sure we were feeling good about everything at each visit.
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
We liked him so much, we didn't want to leave his office after 12 weeks and transfer to our regular obgyn. He was so compassionate and caring. He was smart and paid attention.
Do exactly what he says! He knows what he is doing.
2011 - 2013
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr. Vaughn is very serious and reserved. To some he may appear cold at first, but he's a true professional.
2011 - 2013
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Doctor Vaughn is a very serious, but caring doctor. When it became obvious that IVF egg retrieval would not be feasible, he quickly shared the alternative of embryo donation. It was done in a very balanced, statistical way, and he was supportive of any decision I made.
Just that we never had issues
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
Don't jump to judge Dr. Vaughn, if he seems reserved. Go through a full cycle with him before forming an opinion.
I don't recall other than a lot of injections and pills.
2012
I always felt with Dr Hansard and her entire staff [at Texas Fertility Center] that my feelings and struggles were important and validated. I felt compassion and encouragement from everyone there when I was frustrated and discouraged. They rejoiced and were genuinely happy for us when we did get pregnant... Everyone in the entire office was so kind and compassionate.
2012
I always felt with Dr Hansard and her entire staff that my feelings and struggles were important and validated. I felt compassion and encouragement from everyone there when I was frustrated and discouraged. They rejoiced and were genuinely happy for us when we did get pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center.
Everyone in the entire office was so kind and compassionate.
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
She was wonderful. Made me feel confident that we would have a baby and that she was confident that she could help us achieve this goal. She had excellent bedside manner and celebrated with us when we did conceive. She gave me hope in having a family and eventually helped us have our family!
Trust her
2013 - 2014
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I found her [Lisa Hansard] to be cold. She did not take time to listen or answer our questions- and would act defensive when we asked questions as though we were questioning her expertise. If we had any concern with any part of the treatment she recommended, she became very defensive and dismissive of our concerns...Go along with whatever treatment she suggests and don't ask too many questions and you should be treated nicely.
2013 - 2014
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
This clinic is organized and runs well.
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
I found her to be cold. She did not take time to listen or answer our questions- and would act defensive when we asked questions as though we were questioning her expertise. If we had any concern with any part of the treatment she recommended, she became very defensive and dismissive of our concerns.
About 800 OOP per IUI
2007 - 2010
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Smart and technically savvy; talks very fast...He [Dr Silverberg] explained things candidly and thoroughly; he called me personally to discuss lab results and hormone levels; he was witty and didn't talk down to me as a patient....Very good clinic and well-run. The only major issue was that Dr. S was chronically late - sometimes 2 hours or more.
2007 - 2010
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
He explained things candidly and thoroughly; he called me personally to discuss lab results and hormone levels; he was witty and didn't talk down to me as a patient.
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
Smart and technically savvy; talks very fast.
I had monitoring in Houston.