Genetic counseling: Offered
San Antonio, TX 78258
5000 Davis Lane
Austin, TX 78749
512-451-0149
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Texas Fertility Center to a friend?

IUI, Donor Sperm
Before we begin IUI, Dr. Hansard started me (as I will be carrying) with prenatal genetic testing, an ovarian reserve assessment, and a couple other blood tests (including thyroid and CMV) to understand my baseline. She recommended expanded genetic testing once we had chosen a donor...has spent quite a bit of quality time with my wife and I, during initial consult and appointments that have followed. She's gotten to know our story and our priorities in starting our family. She's a very attentive listener, cares to make sure we understand each step, and speaks knowledgeably/directly on what the plan moving forward will be.
We are a same-sex couple, so we are relying on donor sperm and IUI [protocol at Texas Fertility Center]...[the nurse is] Efficient, warm and someone I can trust to hear back from within 24 hours. It can feel awkward divulging intimate details about ovulation or menstruation to someone you hardly know, but Rebecca makes me feel comfortable with everything, like a friend would...The office we visit is centrally located if you're in Austin. Friendly staff, easy to schedule/re-schedule. Facilities are nice. Would recommend making your appointments first thing in the morning, as they do get crowded and can tend to run behind later in the day. (Have waited 30 minutes to an hour past appointment time to be seen.)
IUI, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Hansard, though incredibly busy, has taken her time with us as patients. That's invaluable. She prescribed a straight-forward plan for prenatal testing, and once all results were in, we had another consult to decide on "next steps." She has been up front and a clear communicator, while maintaining an incredibly warm demeanor. Trust her expertise immeasurably.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Trust her. Take notes while she's speaking. Don't be afraid to ask follow up questions. She will answer any questions you have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Hansard has spent quite a bit of quality time with my wife and I, during initial consult and appointments that have followed. She's gotten to know our story and our priorities in starting our family. She's a very attentive listener, cares to make sure we understand each step, and speaks knowledgeably/directly on what the plan moving forward will be.
Describe the protocols Lisa Hansard used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We are a same-sex couple, so we are relying on donor sperm and IUI. Before we begin IUI, Dr. Hansard started me (as I will be carrying) with prenatal genetic testing, an ovarian reserve assessment, and a couple other blood tests (including thyroid and CMV) to understand my baseline. She recommended expanded genetic testing once we had chosen a donor. We plan to begin our first round of IUI in a couple months, so we don't have results as of right now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
Rebecca has been one highlight of my care with Dr. Hansard. An incredibly prompt communicator. Will often leave voicemails, then follow up with an email to better outline instructions or next steps. Efficient, warm and someone I can trust to hear back from within 24 hours. It can feel awkward divulging intimate details about ovulation or menstruation to someone you hardly know, but Rebecca makes me feel comfortable with everything, like a friend would.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
TFC is fantastic. The office we visit is centrally located if you're in Austin. Friendly staff, easy to schedule/re-schedule. Facilities are nice. Would recommend making your appointments first thing in the morning, as they do get crowded and can tend to run behind later in the day. (Have waited 30 minutes to an hour past appointment time to be seen.)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center.
To this point, my insurance coverage has been solid. I've paid out of pocket for each visit/consult ($40). Each lab visit for blood work has been approximately $25, and I've been three times. HSG was only partially covered, so I owed approximately $200 (total cost $600). This does not include the cost of donor sperm ($900/vial, recommended purchasing 4 vials).
Describe Lisa Hansard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Fertility Center.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Burger is very kind, empathetic and helpful. I think he strengths are that she is very bright and stays updated on current research in the every evolving field of fertility. ... Even though I have 'unexplained infertility' the course of treatment feels the same for everyone. IUI and if that does work in 3-4 cycles, IVF. ... Dr. Burger does suggests acupuncture and is a proponent of combing Eastern and Western medicine when appropriate.
They [Texas Fertility Center] are pretty Western medicine focused, so if you have questions about some other treatment, you might not get answers or encouragement for that. There are sometimes long wait times at the office, so be prepared for that. Overall, they are great and I would recommend them! ... They over charged me, but quickly reconciled it. I would highly recommend checking your receipts and asking questions about charges. They are honest, but sometimes people make mistakes.
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Burger is very kind, empathetic and helpful. I think he strengths are that she is very bright and stays updated on current research in the every evolving field of fertility. I think it would be good for RE doctors to ask more of their patients in terms of lifestyle, eating habits, etc. I was never asked much (except if I smoke and how much I drink) and I feel that is a huge factor in getting and staying pregnant. I work in nutrition so I might be more inclined to consider that aspect of fertility, but I feel they should assess that part of your life in regards to your medical history and current status. Even though I have 'unexplained infertility' the course of treatment feels the same for everyone. IUI and if that does work in 3-4 cycles, IVF. She is open to a middle ground of using injectables with IUI, but doesn't necessarily recommend it. Dr. Burger does suggests acupuncture and is a proponent of combing Eastern and Western medicine when appropriate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
She might not directly offer up information so come with questions if you have any! She's great at answering them, but you do need to ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Burger never made me feel rushed or like I didn't matter. She was very helpful in answering my questions and showed empathy when I lost a pregnancy.
Describe the protocols Natalie Burger used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I started using Femara with timed intercourse for two cycles. I took 2.5 mg for days 3-7. I then moved onto Femara, days 3-7 at 5mg for 2 IUI cycles. None of those produced pregnancy. I got pregnant naturally the first month we were able to try after laparoscopy surgery for endometriosis and a small uterine septum, but miscarried at 7 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Erica Alexander and Megan Fischer were amazing. )
They were organized and efficient for the most part. They over charged me, but quickly reconciled it. I would highly recommend checking your receipts and asking questions about charges. They are honest, but sometimes people make mistakes. They are seeing a lot of patients and things slip through the cracks. Otherwise, they are quick to return phone calls and emails. They are compassionate and caring when you do communicate with them.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Sometimes when I see other doctors they can be quick to come in and out. I would definitely try to build a relationship with whatever doctor you choose. They are pretty Western medicine focused, so if you have questions about some other treatment, you might not get answers or encouragement for that. There are sometimes long wait times at the office, so be prepared for that. Overall, they are great and I would recommend them!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center.
For my medicated timed intercourse cycles, my insurance covered the cost of the ultrasounds. Femara cost $5 each time. The ultrasound, insemination and sperm wash was about $650. Luckily I get positive ovulation tests so they do not require a second ultrasound with IUI treatments. My laparoscopy was covered by insurance, but with deductibles and co-pays it was still close to $1500.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Hansard provided information and answered questions without rushing you through things. She went through steps to figure out why I wasn't able to get pregnant unlike my OB/GYN who told me to keep trying after two miscarriages. For surgery to remove a fibroid, she identified Stage 4 endo, removed it, and answered questions about it afterwards with a plan for my best chances...recommending evidence-based approaches to issues.
The post-surgery information from the clinic [Texas Fertility Center] was lacking in terms of what activities I could or could not participate in and that I needed to take post-surgery drugs at the same time every day. I was also prescribed the wrong hcg dosage shot by the nurse vs. the doctor...Egg retrieval including ICSI and PGS testing initially cost over $16,000 but the Ovation lab refunds you what doesn't occur (e.g. didn't get eggs to freeze, had less eggs for ICSI)
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Although some of the advice may seem contrary to what you read online, she's recommending evidence-based approaches to issues.
Dr. Hansard allowed time for questions, was hopeful for the process, and when the first egg retrieval failed, explained in detail what might have gone wrong.
After surgery for removal of fibroids and stage 4 endo, she recommended to try naturally for one month, 3 IUIs, and moving on to IVF. This was based on the expectation of my endo growing back and if I didn't get pregnant right after surgery, to move on to more aggressive approaches. For my first IUI, I was on clomid but it seemed to thin my uterine lining too much so I was on femara for my last two IUIs. I had my AMH tested by a previous OB/GYN a year and a half before egg retrieval so Dr. Hansard didn't test me again. I responded poorly to the antagonist plan where my eggs were not growing quickly while doing the shots. She increased my dosage to grow more eggs but their growth slowed so that 8 eggs were retrieved, but only 3 were mature. The three fertilized but did not make it to blastocyst. She finally did the full 3 day bloodwork and found my AMH had drastically dropped from over 3 to under 1 in less than 2 years (from age 35 to 37). She put me on Coq10 and DHEA for 3 months to increase egg quality and plans to increase my dosage for the next egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Hegtvedt)
Michelle served as the IVF coordinator and was responsive to questions. I was under a previous nurse who left who was also responsive.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The clinic has availability on the weekends to account for IUI and IVF timing although it's only one doctor available on weekends. The clinic has an ultrasound machine in every room so that there isn't a wait for one room. The biggest weakness is that everything is tracked on paper or phone - there is no EHR, no patient portal, no online appointments, no text reminders. You often have to call and leave a message resulting in frequent phone tag. The initial consultation took place six weeks after scheduling while regular appointments have more availability.
Each IUI (2 ultrasounds, sperm wash, IUI) costs over $900. Egg retrieval including ICSI and PGS testing initially cost over $16,000 but the Ovation lab refunds you what doesn't occur (e.g. didn't get eggs to freeze, had less eggs for ICSI) and varies if you need additional ultrasounds from the clinic at $200 each. Each frozen embryo transfer is over $3000. Depending on the type of visit, some of the consultations were charged at $200 each.
The clinic provides an IVF orientation where they emphasized that SART recommends a single embryo transfer from frozen. Although I would prefer to transfer more, Dr. Hansard emphasized that the research doesn't show improved chances when there are additional risks with multiple embryo transfer.

4 Eggs Frozen
I tried to ask her [Dr. Hansard] to explain the results to me, and she said to contact her nurse...I ultimately had to do my own research online. This was the first of many bad experiences with Dr. Hansard...frequently provided me with contradictory information about my treatment plan, and then totally reversed course at the very last minute because either she or her nurse misread an email I'd written about my health history...a few days before my egg retrieval surgery, the nurses called to tell me that Dr. Hansard had decided to go on a last-minute vacation.
a few days before my egg retrieval surgery, the nurses [at Texas Fertility Center] called to tell me that Dr. Hansard had decided to go on a last-minute vacation. The doctor that performed my surgery, Natalie Burger, was much kinder and actually came back to the outpatient facility after I learned that my surgery had essentially failed (four eggs when we'd expected at least eight...) and took time to answer my questions and explain things to me, something Dr. Hansard never did.
4 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Hansard may be a good fit for patients who want a doctor to take complete charge and not have to think about the course of treatment they're on. If you're a patient who needs to ask questions and actively participate in your health decisions, however, I strongly advise against Dr. Hansard. First, she presents some medical information as absolute certainty when it isn't. For example, while she was emphatic that a hormonal IUD would absolutely not impact egg retrieval outcome, numerous studies (and also my ob-gyn) say the research is more mixed. I didn't learn this until it was too late for me to remove my IUD; I would have much preferred to make an informed decision based on a more nuanced presentation of the information. Second, she reacts extremely defensively and unprofessionally to even the smallest questions about treatment. For example, she told me that the hormone-stimulating medications she'd placed me on would not exacerbate my endometriosis. I asked "are you sure?" (really, that's all I said) and she responded very angrily that she "did not go to twelve years of medical school to not be sure," and that she took this question to mean that I was "challenging her education level." (Later, I received a second opinion on this question from a leading endometriosis/fertility doctor in Houston, who said that the meds Dr. Hansard had given me could, in fact, make endometriosis worse.) Before I chose Dr. Hansard as my doctor, I wrote her to say that I was a patient who needed to ask questions and do my own research as a way of coping with my health anxiety and because of my career background as a journalist/researcher. During the confrontation I just described, I reminded her of this email--I'd been very upfront about my needs as a patient, and had tried to make sure we'd be a good fit. She responded: "well, there are questions and then there are questions." She and her staff frequently provided me with contradictory information about my treatment plan, and then totally reversed course at the very last minute because either she or her nurse misread an email I'd written about my health history: The day before I was to start my birth control pills - after months of Dr. Hansard telling me that I didn't need to monitor my ovulation cycle - her nurse asked me if I had a family history of blood clots (something, of course, that they could have asked when they were developing my treatment plan). I told the nurse that my father had had a blood clot in his leg, but that I wasn't sure if it constituted a history or not and that I would check. He said his blood clot was injury-related, and didn't constitute a family history (he's a neurologist, so would know). I wrote the nurse this exact information the very next morning. Dr. Hansard changed the treatment plan anyways.... and suddenly it was a course of treatment that DID depend on my ovulation cycle, and that we were basically just guessing on. On my last visit with Dr. Hansard, during the fight I mentioned above, I told her that the treatment reversal had really shaken me up .She responded that she'd changed course because of my family's history of blood clots. I reminded her of my emails to the nurse. She looked back through my chart, seeming to read the emails, and then - instead of apologizing - said, "you should never bring up a family history of blood clots if you don't have one." Somehow, she managed to blame me for a misread email. Ultimately, a few days before my egg retrieval surgery, the nurses called to tell me that Dr. Hansard had decided to go on a last-minute vacation. The doctor that performed my surgery, Natalie Burger, was much kinder and actually came back to the outpatient facility after I learned that my surgery had essentially failed (four eggs when we'd expected at least eight...) and took time to answer my questions and explain things to me, something Dr. Hansard never did.
A lot of ob-gyns say she's the best in town.... there are other good fertility doctors in Austin and other parts of the country, though, so I would pay serious attention to your instincts and go with someone else if you're not getting a good vibe from her, and know that you need a doctor who will really talk through things with you and field your questions without taking offense.
During our first consultation, when Dr. Hansard was doing my ultrasound, she rattled off words and numbers to the nurse and never spoke to me directly. She then told me to get dressed and left the room. I assumed she would come back to tell me what everything meant, but she never did. At checkout, I tried to ask her to explain the results to me, and she said to contact her nurse. I then had to call and email the nurse a bunch of times to even learn what was on my ultrasound. Forget getting an explanation of what those numbers meant as far as fertility / egg retrieval outcome goes... I guess the nurse didn't want to scare me? I ultimately had to do my own research online. This was the first of many bad experiences with Dr. Hansard. I wish I'd listened to my instincts and gone to a different doctor, but my ob-gyn told me she was the best in town.
I don't remember, unfortunately. It's been 18 months.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center.
The nurse didn't seem to understand the procedure I was undergoing, and was very cagey with me about what my test results meant. It felt like I had to play investigative reporter to get clear responses from her. While the buck ultimately stops with the physician, it may also be the case that the nurse misrepresented my medical history to Dr. Hansard, resulting in the last-minute change in medications/procedure. I ultimately asked to change nurses, and was given a nurse who was much more knowledgeable / a better communicator. I'm sorry I don't remember their names.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
They seem to have a fairly streamlined, efficient process. They're clearly a well-run clinic on the business/paperwork side of things. Doesn't make up for poor medical care, of course. Egg retrieval + storage cost ~ $15,000.
Roughly $11,000 for egg retrieval treatment + $4000 for first few years of storage.
+ Read more- Read less

Decided to move on to IVF with ICSI and PGS testing [with Dr. Kaylen Silverberg] because of our limited supply of donor sperm...We see him most visits, of course weekends are hit or miss and I think one time he was away at a conference, but otherwise, we are always booked with him. When we do see another doctor or have a question after hours, they always check with him on how he wants to proceed so that they are acting on his behalf. I feel like all of the doctors at this clinic are that way.
She [nurse at Texas Fertility Center] went through IUI with us and the clinic lets you continue into IVF with your same nurse...Lovely clinic with 2 huge and very relaxing saltwater aquariums...Always greeted by name in the clinic. Nurse phone calls, including after hours, knew who we were...Definitely schedule your consultation a month or 2 in advance to get on the books (not that it necessarily takes that long but to get a time/day that you want). Great working partners with Ovation Fertility and Austin Anesthesiology - all went smoothly and there was great communication there as well.
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
After our initial consultation, we weren't quite sure what to think of Dr. Silverberg. Very factual, extremely knowledgeable and blunt. Didn't seem to have much of a bedside manner. When we returned and began treatment and spent more time with him, we fell madly for him. He is one of the funniest docs around! And great bedside manner. His humor is very dry so he may not be for everyone but he is a great doctor! Everytime we mention who we see to another healthcare professional, they say "oh, he's the best in town!" which is very reassuring to hear! We see him most visits, of course weekends are hit or miss and I think one time he was away at a conference, but otherwise, we are always booked with him. When we do see another doctor or have a question after hours, they always check with him on how he wants to proceed so that they are acting on his behalf. I feel like all of the doctors at this clinic are that way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
Enjoy his dry humor!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Kaylen Silverberg used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
IUI #1 - gonal F injectible with Ovidrel trigger shot. Negative. He gave us a choice at where we wanted to start and we chose the big one first. Would probably do it differently next time. IUI #2a - Medications cancelled because of cyst, natural IUI. Negative IUI #2b - Clomid. Cycle cancelled because of think uterine lining. IUI #3 - Femara. Negative. IUI #4 - Femara. Negative Decided to move on to IVF with ICSI and PGS testing because of our limited supply of donor sperm. IVF 1: - FSH/Antagonist plan with birth control pills IVF 2 - Luteal Estrace/Clomid/FSH/Antagonist protocol. In process. Going well at day 10 of stims.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
We loved Megan. She went through IUI with us and the clinic lets you continue into IVF with your same nurse. Unfortunately, Megan left before our IVF cycle and we were assigned a different nurse.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Lovely clinic with 2 huge and very relaxing saltwater aquariums. I love to count the baby starfish! As the leading clinic in Austin, they are very busy. Definitely schedule your consultation a month or 2 in advance to get on the books (not that it necessarily takes that long but to get a time/day that you want). Great working partners with Ovation Fertility and Austin Anesthesiology - all went smoothly and there was great communication there as well. Nurses are quick to respond and are actually in the office later than phone hours, often answering email so you may get a response after hours. The on-call nurse (Pam) is VERY quick to respond. Check-out is easy and they always have the info needed and lab slips for the next visit all ready when you come out of the exam room.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center.
Very reasonable.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Natalie Burger is very professional and kind. She made it a point to go over all of my husbands and I records before coming in to discus or course of action. She is very knowledgeable in infertility. ... With male infertility and endometriosis. ... She truly cares and wants to genuinely help get you answers. She found I have endometriosis in my first appointment, that other doctors missed.
The clinic [Texas Fertility Center] as a whole is organized and all on the same page. Nice relaxing environment. Access to all the new patient forms online and any other information you may need. Also love that they offer IVF seminar to educate before starting the process. ... All the nurses so far have been great. Explaining everything in detail and organized.
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
Natalie Burger is very professional and kind. She made it a point to go over all of my husbands and I records before coming in to discus or course of action. She is very knowledgeable in infertility. I was a tad disappointed to find that she does not work with helping find a answer for male infertility. With that being said I now know how infertility clinics work. Our infertility journey has beed two and a half years now. With male infertility and endometriosis. Our first appointment went as well as it can with getting to for sure news that IFV is our only chance at conceiving. We where sent home with many labs to start on our own time. It was not rushed and was very easy to accomplish. We hope to start January 2020.
She is very nice and caring.
Im definitely treated like a human, and not only that. She truly cares and wants to genuinely help get you answers. She found I have endometriosis in my first appointment, that other doctors missed.
We have not yet started any drug protocols at this time. Our beginning lab work is done. She did an in house ultrasound and immediately saw endometriosis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Name is on my refrigerator at home )
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The clinic as a whole is organized and all on the same page. Nice relaxing environment. Access to all the new patient forms online and any other information you may need. Also love that they offer IVF seminar to educate before starting the process.
So far we have only had to under go testing. Which for the most part is covered under insurance. What is not covered is very much broken down to you at you first consult.
Describe Natalie Burger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Fertility Center.
I do not have any comments about the approach. I understand the risk of carrying multiples.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Hansard] talked to me, asked me questions in a non-judgemental way and did not over complicate when she explained procedures, process, and plan...was always kind and compassionate, she was also knowledgable and straight forward. From the first appt. I knew that I had her un-divided attention and that her goal was the same as mine - to get me pregnant. She listened, asked the right questions, and then gave me clear instructions on what procedures she recommends, and why. I never felt misunderstood or embarrassed about what I told her, or what questions I had. I went into this process knowing that I don't want a doctor who is my friend, I want a doctor who is going to be smart and efficient. She was both.
Initial appt [at Texas Fertility Center] was around $100...HSG was $400, Ultrasound to check follicles was about $300. Once I was pregnant, I had two ultrasounds at 7 weeks and 9 weeks both $370, also had my blood drawn about 7 times to check levels ($24 each)...Strengths - amount of offices around the area. Waiting time is not too long. Nice, clean offices. Organized, and friendly. Weaknesses - making the initial appt. was a long wait. Had to wait for them to call me back, and then wait 3-4 weeks for the first appt. to even happen. After that, it was easy to get a hold of them, and they were quick to respond.
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Hansard was always kind and compassionate, she was also knowledgable and straight forward. From the first appt. I knew that I had her un-divided attention and that her goal was the same as mine - to get me pregnant. She listened, asked the right questions, and then gave me clear instructions on what procedures she recommends, and why. I never felt misunderstood or embarrassed about what I told her, or what questions I had. I went into this process knowing that I don't want a doctor who is my friend, I want a doctor who is going to be smart and efficient. She was both.
Don't expect her to be your BFF. She's there for 1 goal, and that should be yours as well. Ask questions, do your own research and be prepared for every appt.
I was always greeted with a smile, from the front desk to when Dr. Hansard would enter the room. She talked to me, asked me questions in a non-judgemental way and did not over complicate when she explained procedures, process, and plan.
Consultation - we went over my history and my husbands. She took notes and listened quietly, asking questions as we went. Protocol was to run tests - mid-cycle ultrasound to check follicles and HSG after cycle. She also prescribed a Progesterone suppository as she suspected that my uterus was shedding too early (based on our conversation). The next cycle after all of this, we conceived naturally! Found out 1 day after our follow-up appt. with her in which we discussed IUI options, and she suggested I take a pregnancy test the next day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
I talked to Lisa mostly. I also talked to one other nurse, but I cannot remember her name :( Lisa and Dr. Hansards nurses were always quick to respond, they were prompt in calling when test results came in, and were knowledgable when answering questions.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Doctor Hansard was very upfront with costs - she was knowledgeable about my insurance and my husbands. She gave her honest opinion and suggestions. Most of my time at the fertility center was OOP, since I hadn't met my deductible. Initial appt was around $100 OOP, Progesterone suppositories were $60 for 30 day supply, not covered by insurance, I had 1 refill during that time ($120 total), HSG was $400 OOP, Ultrasound to check follicles was about $300 OOP. Once I was pregnant, I had two ultrasounds at 7 weeks and 9 weeks both $370, also had my blood drawn about 7 times to check levels ($24 each).

2016 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr Hudson always sat down with my husband and I when something went wrong in our treatment. She let us know when something was wrong or wouldn’t work. She considered that we were paying out of pocket for everything and took that into consideration.... We felt like she was using the latest research to try and get us pregnant, while still personalizing our treatment plan. She was always welcoming and smiling when we walked into appointments.
2016 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Susan Hudson at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr Hudson was very personable, yet she is also there to let you know when something isn’t working. We felt like she was using the latest research to try and get us pregnant, while still personalizing our treatment plan. She was always welcoming and smiling when we walked into appointments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Hudson at Texas Fertility Center?
Don’t be afraid to ask a million questions. Fertility treatment is not cheap and it is best to understand everything you are paying for and doing to your body. Dr Hudson’s will happily answer all your questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Hudson at Texas Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Susan Hudson used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Preparing for egg retrieval- birth control for 1 month, then start stim meds, add in cetrotide to prevent ovulation pretty early in stim cycle. Embryo transfer 1- estrace 3 weeks prior to transfer, crinone 7 days prior to transfer and both after transfer Embryo transfer 2- estrace 3 weeks prior to transfer, adding crinone 12 hours earlier than first cycle due to ERA results. Add 1 shot of progesterone every 3 days. Embryo Transfer 3- same protocol as embryo transfer 2, plus steriods before and after transfer for 6 weeks. The day before transfer I took a mixture of steroids and antibiotics. I also continued to take baby aspirin from start to finish. New protocol for last embryo to help prevent miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
The nursing staff was always willing to answer questions for me or to help me with whatever I needed.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Texas fertility center of New Braunfels is a clinic full of compassionate, considerate, and understanding professionals. They are truly there for you as a patient and help you through the whole process. They are great at communicating with their patients and getting lab work faxed over in time for your blood draw. They are always trying to find ways to save you money since they know fertility treatments are expensive. I think overall this clinic strives to meet all of your needs. No weaknesses. New patients- ask all the questions you need to in order to feel comfortable. The staff are always willing to help in any way.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Texas Fertility Center.
The monitoring appointments went smoothly. I never really had any problems. Dr Hudson always took her time to check everything that needed to be monitored.It worked well with my work schedule. Bloodwork after or before my appointment went smooth as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Hudson at Texas Fertility Center.
30,000 for IVF cycle and meds 5,000 for each retrieval including meds 3,000- diagnostic procedures, ERA, hysteroscopy, bloodwork
Susan Hudson
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Susan Hudson at Texas Fertility Center.

Dr. Prospt [Propst] is very educated and you can tell he has a lot of experience. He was able to diagnose my rate genetic birth anomaly in our first visit. I do think he lacks more of the bedside manner that I like to see in doctors. He was quick to give one option only and he seems uncomfortable if the patient cries. When I cried, he handed me a tissue and left the room, whereas the nurse tried to console me and offer help.
There is some confusion amongst staff [Texas Fertility Ctr] in regards to what they will charge. For a new patient appointment, some will say to coordinate it with your baseline ultrasound so that you don’t pay double the fee (consult and ultrasound), but you may be asked to pay that when you arrive because not everyone is on the same page. Also, as you could expect, plan ahead because appointments fill up quickly.
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Prospt is very educated and you can tell he has a lot of experience. He was able to diagnose my rate genetic birth anomaly in our first visit. I do think he lacks more of the bedside manner that I like to see in doctors. He was quick to give one option only and he seems uncomfortable if the patient cries. When I cried, he handed me a tissue and left the room, whereas the nurse tried to console me and offer help.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Please be aware that is style is more blunt than compassionate. I think he means well, but he comes off cold.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
I enjoyed my initial consultation and felt that he truly cared about helping us have a baby. I was diagnosed with a unicornuate uterus during that consultation. When I went in for my follicle scan, the IUI was canceled and I was out hundreds of dollars because the follicle was on the wrong side. I began crying and Dr. Propst handed me a tissue and was quick to leave the room, concluding my apppintment.
Describe the protocols Anthony Propst used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We were told to take clomid and do IUI. I was not given any other option. I asked if we could try a cycle of clomid and a trigger shot first and he said it wouldn’t make sense because I already ovulate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca )
I haven’t met my actual nurse but we have emailed back and forth and she is very prompt. The nursing staff in the facility are all very compassionate and patient.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
There is some confusion amongst staff in regards to what they will charge. For a new patient appointment, some will say to coordinate it with your baseline ultrasound so that you don’t pay double the fee (consult and ultrasound), but you may be asked to pay that when you arrive because not everyone is on the same page. Also, as you could expect, plan ahead because appointments fill up quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center.
The consultation was $220 and every ultrasound is $220. We were given the price sheet for IUI even though our cycle was canceled and the sperm wash was around $220 and the IUI itself was around $220.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center.

2017 - 2019
Very knowledgeable and respectful! Definitely comforting when going through tough times. ... I've had 2 miscarriages one resulting In an ectopic pregnancy which i had to have emergency surgery and lost one of my fallopian tubes. The doctor [Dr. Propst] helped through that time and helped my process what was happening. ... Since I have PCOS and endometriosis the doctor had us start femora cycles be themselves. All ended In negative results. Next we did 4 femora cycles with IUI and 2 in which ended in a positive result but ended up miscarrying both times.
The clinic [Texas Fertility Center] is becoming a rotating door. Some of the staff act like they dont want to be there. But there are people there that I look forward to seeing during my visits. There are staff members who are very sweet and compassionate and make you feel like you are family and those staff members and the doctor is why I keep going back. ...
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Very knowledgeable and respectful! Definitely comforting when going through tough times. I've had 2 miscarriages one resulting In an ectopic pregnancy which i had to have emergency surgery and lost one of my fallopian tubes. The doctor helped through that time and helped my process what was happening. I'm very confident in my doctor that one day I will be blessed with a little angel.
Be open and honest.
Very good bedside manner. Answers all questions thoroughly. Very comforting during what ever your going through.
I have been through 3 different nurses the first nurse treated me like a number, no compassion. My second nurse was awesome I really loved her but she resigned. The third nurse is ok I can never get a hold of her I'm always having to email or leave messages which most time she will call me back later that day or the next day. Sometimes I feel like she doesn't listen to me when I tell her what symptoms I'm having. It seems like the clinic is a rotating door when it comes to the staff.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The clinic is becoming a rotating door. Some of the staff act like they dont want to be there. But there are people there that I look forward to seeing during my visits. There are staff members who are very sweet and compassionate and make you feel like you are family and those staff members and the doctor is why I keep going back.
Because it's been so long all I know is that i have spent 14,000 on my fertility treatments so far.
+ Read more- Read less

Doctor Burguer told me they [Texas Fertility Center] were not focused on being warm, and after a failed cycle I told her the memories I had left were OHSS pain and the bad taste of being treated with no compassion and she didn’t seem to be affected by that ... Once my treatment didn’t work, we had to call to ask for a explanation since we were lost. She set with us for 20 minutes, said she didn’t had a precise explanation of the reason, said we could try again and that I could adopt eggs or embryos and it would be cheaper. Didn’t demonstrate compassion at all.
go somewhere else, they treat you like a number not like a woman. Ask for you receipt for the surgery center otherwise they will charge your insurance for the money even though you payed out of the pocket ... In one of my screenings with doctor Hansen, I left the room and staff were talking bad about me, until one of the nurses realize I was there and said “patient is out”. Never was treated with so much disrespect and coldness
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
Once my treatment didn’t work, we had to call to ask for a explanation since we were lost. She set with us for 20 minutes, said she didn’t had a precise explanation of the reason, said we could try again and that I could adopt eggs or embryos and it would be cheaper. Didn’t demonstrate compassion at all. Didn’t said goodbye, just left the room and a nurse got back to charge us for that “consultation” We left the office and knew we would never be back there. In one of my screenings with doctor Hansen, I left the room and staff were talking bad about me, until one of the nurses realize I was there and said “patient is out”. Never was treated with so much disrespect and coldness
Be kind, human, and try to see other than the money
I felt just like a number, felt that wasn’t taken care of and had to constantly ask for more clarification. Had problems to have my paperwork from work filled, had a bad hyper stimulating syndrom Doctor Burguer told me they were not focused on being warm, and after a failed cycle I told her the memories I had left were OHSS pain and the bad taste of being treated with no compassion and she didn’t seem to be affected by that
menopure and gonal-f and cetrotife which I had to take half of the dosage because I was OHSS
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shanon)
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
.go somewhere else, they treat you like a number not like a woman. Ask for you receipt for the surgery center otherwise they will charge your insurance for the money even though you payed out of the pocket
My insurance suppose to cover most of it, so I ended up spending close to $4500
Na

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Natalie Burger] has walked us through the different possible treatments we can pursue to become pregnant, encouraged us to start with IUI which is more cost effective, rather than jumping straight into the expensive IVF treatments. Unfortunately, the several times I have taken the medications during my cycle, have resulted in ovulation taking place in the ovarian tube which may have a blockage. We have discussed, and agreed that we would try a few more rounds to see if we can get a cycle on the "good" ovary, and proceed with the IUI, otherwise, we can attempt to unblock the other tube, or move on to IVF. I just feel that she is very compassionate and willing to try all options before jumping into the most expensive route, and we really appreciate that!
Dr. Burger practices at all of the clinics [of Texas Fertility Center], so if there is a certain one that is better for you, I would find out her schedule and try to arrange your visits around that. Otherwise, I have been to the central office (most often), but also South office and they are both very nice, clean, and staff is awesome at both!... Everyone at the Texas Fertility Center is upbeat, sweet and caring. I like them all very much!
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
She is very warm and caring and takes time to answer all questions. I feel very comfortable with her. She has walked us through the different possible treatments we can pursue to become pregnant, encouraged us to start with IUI which is more cost effective, rather than jumping straight into the expensive IVF treatments. Unfortunately, the several times I have taken the medications during my cycle, have resulted in ovulation taking place in the ovarian tube which may have a blockage. We have discussed, and agreed that we would try a few more rounds to see if we can get a cycle on the "good" ovary, and proceed with the IUI, otherwise, we can attempt to unblock the other tube, or move on to IVF. I just feel that she is very compassionate and willing to try all options before jumping into the most expensive route, and we really appreciate that!
Be patient and trust in the process.
She was very warm and attentive, took time to answer my questions, and her nurse always called me back in a timely manner to answer any additional questions I may have. Dr. Burger also rearranged her schedule to accommodate me when I needed to come in for ultrasounds during my first days of my cycle for IUI treatment.
Previously answered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Kuykendall)
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Dr. Burger practices at all of the clinics, so if there is a certain one that is better for you, I would find out her schedule and try to arrange your visits around that. Otherwise, I have been to the central office (most often), but also South office and they are both very nice, clean, and staff is awesome at both!
For each interuterine ultrasound I have had to do (which is 2 per cycle) have been around $216 each time, so around $430 per cycle. I have been through 3 cycles so far.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Unexplained
Dr. Hansard has shown interest in getting me to my end goal of having a baby. My situation is a bit different in the sense that embryos look great I have no problem making day 5 blastocyst but no implantation happens. It has been difficult to choose a course of treatment because we have done ERA’s and PGS, blood thinners, steroids and laparoscopic myomectomy( a few years ago with different doctor) and most recently a hysteroscopy and no success.
They [Texas Fertility Center- Austin] are an organized system because every Doctor has their own staff so it’s easier to deal with patients. They’ll get back to you if you have any questions, also the on call nurse is a great resource. I know that a lot of times I rather call and talk to the nurse but I found that they communicate faster via email. Overall I’m pleased with the care I received at TFC. The one thing I wish I would have is fertility coverage because treatments are extremely expensive.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
I would say to trust her because she is very knowledgeable but in my situation I don’t think it’s my doctor hindering my success but rather something else we haven’t figured out.
I felt like a human because Dr. Hansard shows compassion and seems to know my personal medical issues without much reminder.
We tried following a femara natural cycle for FET, this protocol didn’t work because ovulation always occurred too early. So I decided to do a medicated cycle because it was more controlled. We repeated the ERA with a different protocol of medication using crinone instead of progesterone in oil for FET. We tried using Heparin and dexamethasone. So far I still haven’t had success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Flora)
My Nurse gets back to me with any concerns I may have.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
They are an organized system because every Doctor has their own staff so it’s easier to deal with patients. They’ll get back to you if you have any questions, also the on call nurse is a great resource. I know that a lot of times I rather call and talk to the nurse but I found that they communicate faster via email. Overall I’m pleased with the care I received at TFC. The one thing I wish I would have is fertility coverage because treatments are extremely expensive.
The costs for: IVF cycle for egg retrieval, every monitoring appointment, medications, lab tests, FET cycles had costs associated with doctors fees, surgery center fees, embryology lab fees.
Dr. Hansard recommends transfering one embryo for my age that has been PGS tested. During my previous FET we transferred two embryos due to my history of recurrent implantation failure and embryos were not PGS tested.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Thomas Vaughn] had told us to go right to ivf but said if we wanted to try IUI we can but he wouldn’t do more than 3 because of my diagnosis . He said it was silly to waste time . We decided to do 2 IUIs before moving on to ivf . Our first IUI was with 5 mg of femara for 5 days . I produced 1 follicle . 2nd IUI was with follistim injectables my dose kept going up every visit . I also produced one follicle . Both iuis were unsuccessful . We moved onto ivf and I was on 450iu follistim and 150iu menopur daily and added in cetrotide at the end. He knew I needed high doses because of my IUI with injectable . I stimmed for 13 days today and retrieved 8 eggs , 6 were mature and we ended up with 2 five day embryos to freeze .
My nurse [at Texas Fertility Center- Central Austin] was fantastic with communication . If I emailed her she emailed me back right away and if she wasn’t in the office for some reason someone else contacted me ! She was very to the point and honest and very nice !... There can be longer wait times at this clinic but I believe they were very organized . I think with dr. Vaughn I waited maybe 2-3 times for a long time other then that he was on time mostly. They are very nice and explain things well . A good atmosphere!
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
I was treated like a human with him he always showed compassion and took the time to answer any questions I may have . I never felt uncomfortable with him once I always felt at ease and that he knew exactly what to do. I trusted everything he said and wanted to do and he got me pregnant with my miracle baby boy and I’m forever grateful for him!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
Trust him! He knows what he’s doing !
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
He always walked into the room with a smile and asked how I was doing and addressed me by my Name . I never felt rushed . He always took the time to answer any questions I had and never made me feel stupid about a question I may have asked . He always made me feel at ease when I was nervous or concerned .
Describe the protocols Thomas Vaughn used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
He had told us to go right to ivf but said if we wanted to try IUI we can but he wouldn’t do more than 3 because of my diagnosis . He said it was silly to waste time . We decided to do 2 IUIs before moving on to ivf . Our first IUI was with 5 mg of femara for 5 days . I produced 1 follicle . 2nd IUI was with follistim injectables my dose kept going up every visit . I also produced one follicle . Both iuis were unsuccessful . We moved onto ivf and I was on 450iu follistim and 150iu menopur daily and added in cetrotide at the end. He knew I needed high doses because of my IUI with injectable . I stimmed for 13 days today and retrieved 8 eggs , 6 were mature and we ended up with 2 five day embryos to freeze .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Staha )
My nurse was fantastic with communication . If I emailed her she emailed me back right away and if she wasn’t in the office for some reason someone else contacted me ! She was very to the point and honest and very nice !
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center.
Under our insurance we are covered 100 percent for IVF . I paid some copays for our visits with TFC . We had to pay out of pocket for ovation which is the lab because they aren’t in network with most insurances . So we had to pay the majority out of pocket due to this.
Describe Thomas Vaughn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Fertility Center.
I think putting in 1 embryo was a good choice . I didn’t think to put in 2 or more honestly as I know it can be scary with multiples and I had been pregnant before . I was totally fine with that choice
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Hansard was very friendly and encouraging. When I had surgery to remove endometriosis, she held my hand as they put me to sleep. I was very nervous and this was so sweet and comforting! Her office can get busy some times and appointments can feel rushed.... She diagnosed me with stage 4 endometriosis after surgery to remove it. We tried naturally for 4 cycles then began IUIs. The first IUI was with clomid only. Then I did two more IUIs with clomid (days 3-7 of my cycle) and 200mg progesterone suppository at night
The facility [Texas Fertility Ctr] is very organized and happy to help. With each step of fertility treatments I had different questions. I wanted to know about local employers who covered fertility treatments and their business office help with a list. Before we got to IVF, I wanted to know the costs and the quickly sent me cost sheets. Everyone has been so helpful and kind.... Kat is so sweet and full of information. Most of my time working with her was by phone. Often when I called her, I got to her right away. If I did have to leave a voicemail, I heard back from her the same day.
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
She is very knowledgeable and confident. I always felt encouraged and hopeful after meeting her. Sometimes I think she made me feel like pregnancy was going to happen easily or quickly for us, which it hasn’t. I still appreciated her encouraging approach versus a more realistic standpoint that it might be a long process. Sometimes I wanted her to slow down and talk with me a little longer about the treatment plan. I think she gladly would have if I voiced that that’s what I wanted.
Ask all the questions you want and tell her how you’re really feeling. She’s excellent at helping to ease your fears.
She diagnosed me with stage 4 endometriosis after surgery to remove it. We tried naturally for 4 cycles then began IUIs. The first IUI was with clomid only. Then I did two more IUIs with clomid (days 3-7 of my cycle) and 200mg progesterone suppository at night, 3 days after the IUI. After none of the IUIs worked she recommended IVF. While we saved for IVF, she said we could do another IUI and add injections. We decided to wait and save.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kat)
Kat is so sweet and full of information. Most of my time working with her was by phone. Often when I called her, I got to her right away. If I did have to leave a voicemail, I heard back from her the same day. When I met her in person she gave me a big hug and said how good it was to meet me. She felt like a really helpful friend.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The facility is very organized and happy to help. With each step of fertility treatments I had different questions. I wanted to know about local employers who covered fertility treatments and their business office help with a list. Before we got to IVF, I wanted to know the costs and the quickly sent me cost sheets. Everyone has been so helpful and kind.
The IUI (one ultrasound, the IUI procedure and sperm prep) cost about $600.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr Hudson has a very warm bedside manner. She went over the information and treatment as though we had never heard it before. She has called me directly to provide answers to questions/lab results and doesn’t push her nurse’s to relay info..... I went for an HSG where it was found I have a blocked left Fallopian tube... This I was told would need to be removed before transfer of an embryo. I was also diagnosed with APLS by both my Primary Care Physician and a second diagnosis from Dr Husdon to help explain my recurrent miscarriages.
The clinic [Texas Fertility Center] is very organized. I have recently switched hospitals for employment resulting is confusion about insurance. It has been a headache for me, as well as for the clinic. They continued to keep me posted and let me know if they had any issues or questions of me.... When I arrive, my wait in the waiting area is very limited. When I’m the exam room, Dr Hudson has a soft manner and gives time for explanation and allows questions to be asked. She has called me several times (herself) to discuss my treatment/ provide lab results.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Susan Hudson at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr Hudson has a very warm bedside manner. She went over the information and treatment as though we had never heard it before. She has called me directly to provide answers to questions/lab results and doesn’t push her nurse’s to relay info. She listens to our concerns and is honest with her answers
Not so much advice, but I would just reassure the prospective patient that they are making a great choice in trusting Dr Hudson with this journey to become parents.
Dr Hudson runs a great clinic. When I arrive, my wait in the waiting area is very limited. When I’m the exam room, Dr Hudson has a soft manner and gives time for explanation and allows questions to be asked. She has called me several times (herself) to discuss my treatment/ provide lab results.
I am still at beginning stages of IVF treatment with Dr Hudson. I went for an HSG where it was found I have a blocked left Fallopian tube (r/t the ectopic removal I unwent last November). This I was told would need to be removed before transfer of an embryo. I was also diagnosed with APLS by both my Primary Care Physician and a second diagnosis from Dr Husdon to help explain my recurrent miscarriages. Next step is to start my meds. Crinone 8 and Gonal-f RFF
I’m the very beginning of my time with Dr Husdon’s office, I felt like I was not receiving information on what was to happen next. I had to contact the office a few times just to question the plan. I felt like I was being forgotten and wanted to make sure things kept moving forward. I also sent a message to Dr Hudson to express my concerns, and from that point forward, my nurse was on top of everything.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The clinic is very organized. I have recently switched hospitals for employment resulting is confusion about insurance. It has been a headache for me, as well as for the clinic. They continued to keep me posted and let me know if they had any issues or questions of me.
A complete list of all processes and their expenses was provided. Very detailed. We were told that we could pay each as it came rather than paying one big lump sum. If pricing for services was not provided (for other facilities) I was told that that facility would be in contact with me.
Describe Susan Hudson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Fertility Center.
I unfortunately do not recall if Dr Husdon states how many embryos she will transfer. However, I would not be afraid of having twins. With my age, and limited funds, I may only have this one chance to under IVF. This discussion with my Doctor will take place.
Susan Hudson
+ Read more- Read less

During our initial consultation, we had a lot of questions due to 3 failed cycles with another clinic. He was able to answer all of our questions and propose a plan for our future cycle. Also recommended additional supplement (DHEA) and increasing CoQ10 dosage.... Dr. Propst is extremely intelligent and knows the evidence behind the treatment. Based on the way that our cycle was going, he changed the plan from frozen to fresh embryo transfer hopefully for a better outcome. He explained the reasoning behind all of his decisions and engaged us in the decision making process. I
IVF nurse/coordinator handles every aspect of your cycle.... At Texas Fertility Center, once the doctor leaves the room you are mostly communicating with the nurse.... Because there are so many doctors, you will most likely not see your doctor on the weekend since they rotate call schedules. Also, there is no in house lab.... Strengths - nurses are very knowledgeable and can answer a lot of the questions. Well oiled machine with people doing specific jobs.
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Propst is extremely intelligent and knows the evidence behind the treatment. Based on the way that our cycle was going, he changed the plan from frozen to fresh embryo transfer hopefully for a better outcome. He explained the reasoning behind all of his decisions and engaged us in the decision making process. I also appreciated that he would provide recommendations. Many doctors will provide with you with the options, but not give a recommendation.
Ask him for recommendations.
During our initial consultation, we had a lot of questions due to 3 failed cycles with another clinic. He was able to answer all of our questions and propose a plan for our future cycle. Also recommended additional supplement (DHEA) and increasing CoQ10 dosage. I was surprised that there was much else to do in our case, but we decided to stay with him because he had a good plan that was different than what we were previously doing.
Antagonist protocol with cetrotide. Started with 2 days of clomid to jump start the ovaries and then high doses of Gonal F and menopur as well as omnitrope.
IVF nurse/coordinator handles every aspect of your cycle. It depends on whether you like this or not. At my previous clinic, after the ultrasound my doctor would go to her computer and put in the plan on the spreadsheet and print it out and hand it to me. At Texas Fertility Center, once the doctor leaves the room you are mostly communicating with the nurse.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Because there are so many doctors, you will most likely not see your doctor on the weekend since they rotate call schedules. Also, there is no in house lab. On the weekend you will have to go to St. David's Main before 8AM to have labs drawn and then on other days you can go to any CPL before 8AM. Also, most of the communication is between you and your IVF nurse. At my previous clinic, I spoke to the doctor directly about everything. It just depends on how important that is to you. Strengths - nurses are very knowledgeable and can answer a lot of the questions. Well oiled machine with people doing specific jobs. The process was very streamlined. ***our longest wait time was less than 5 minutes*** I cannot even explain how much of my life I have regained from this!!! Weaknesses - because there are many people involved in the process, each person doing a specific job, things can get dropped along the way. I was told that someone would call me about ordering my meds before the start of the cycle, but I did not and decided to call on my own and they seemed to be surprised by my phone call (even though it was 2-3 days before I would need to start meds).
Excluding medications, the cost is about 8k without insurance because they give you a 50% discount on the ultrasounds and egg retrieval (for TFC's part). There is still a fee for the egg retrieval that is charged by the surgery center. The 8k includes the fees paid to their lab (around 4k). Relatively affordable for someone who has used up insurance benefits.

2005 - 2018
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Vaughn always is upfront about risk, what to expect and chances. He is calm but direct and changes his approach if you are not understanding terminology. I never felt rushed or like I couldn't ask more questions.... Clomid and iui was used for several years, because inwas not ready to admit i needed to go to the next step. Dr. Vaughn was patient and allowed me to go at my own speed based on comfortability. We added gonal f injections with iui and progesterone and had 1 miscarraige and 1 live birth.
Front office [Texas Fertility Center] is nice, clean and well kept. Everyone was courteous. Even in billing, I was always treated with respect and compassion about our situation. They were helpful with providing ways to save and always did everything they could to assist with insurance filing and reimnursements.... Quick to return calls / emails same day, awesome about communicating results quickly. Always great about giving you time to process what they said and ask questions before they got off the phone. Excellent bedside manner.
2005 - 2018
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
Dont wait. If you are having trouble go early and often. No question is off limits, make sure you understand and have all questions answered.
Dr. Vaughn knows me and my story. He never forgets what happened before, he asks about my children by name.
Clomid and iui was used for several years, because inwas not ready to admit i needed to go to the next step. Dr. Vaughn was patient and allowed me to go at my own speed based on comfortability. We added gonal f injections with iui and progesterone and had 1 miscarraige and 1 live birth. After that we went to ivf with gonal f, progesterone and one other drug that I cant think of. I had 1 negative, 1 tubal pregnancy and 1 live birth (one other live birth but we are not 100% sure if it was from tubal or natural)
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Front office is nice, clean and well kept. Everyone was courteous. Even in billing, I was always treated with respect and compassion about our situation. They were helpful with providing ways to save and always did everything they could to assist with insurance filing and reimnursements.
10k per ivf cycle, 3k frozen transfer
My doctor recommended 1 or 2 embryo transfers not any more. My age and history was part of his decision.

2014 - 2018
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Silverberg] speaks quickly and is very up to date and knowledgeable on all fertility topics but takes time to review all details with you personally. He cared when our first round wasn’t successful enough to give us his personal cell for any questions or concerns along the way. He hugged me and commiserated the initial loss (lack of success) upon learning of unsuccessful transfers.... Our first stimulation and egg retrieval resulted in a lower number of eggs retrieved than originally predicted. Dr Silverberg adjusted my next cycle appropriately with more estrogen injections to yield more eggs for fertilization.
Their knowledge base is invaluable! The doctors [Texas Fertility Center] all seem to be very professional and ensure that your care is provided at the highest level. The nurses are responsive and compassionate. They are organized as well. The only weakness I would begin to discuss would be the wait time at regular office visit is but I understand that surgeries often go longer than expected and I would rather have the great care they provide.
2014 - 2018
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
He is quick paced and speaks very quickly but works well and is super knowledgeable. He slows down when asked and will review any information when asked. His wait time leaves something to be desired but otherwise he is amazing. He is caring and compassionate and I would recommend him!
I would advise a prospective patient to bring a book to the waiting room of the office but rest assured that it’s worth the wait.
He speaks quickly and is very up to date and knowledgeable on all fertility topics but takes time to review all details with you personally. He cared when our first round wasn’t successful enough to give us his personal cell for any questions or concerns along the way. He hugged me and commiserated the initial loss (lack of success) upon learning of unsuccessful transfers.
Our first stimulation and egg retrieval resulted in a lower number of eggs retrieved than originally predicted. Dr Silverberg adjusted my next cycle appropriately with more estrogen injections to yield more eggs for fertilization. He also carefully monitored me to ensure that I didn’t become hyper stimulated. The second round of stimulation was also accompanied by a freeze all cycle rather than fresh which was easier on my emotions and body to have the break between the retrieval and the transfer. The research showed that freeze all is typically more successful which was true for our situation as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
They were super responsive and efficient. They would personally call with results and review the meaning of the information. The care I received from them when any delicate or bad news was shared was very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Their knowledge base is invaluable! The doctors all seem to be very professional and ensure that your care is provided at the highest level. The nurses are responsive and compassionate. They are organized as well. The only weakness I would begin to discuss would be the wait time at regular office visit is but I understand that surgeries often go longer than expected and I would rather have the great care they provide.
All in all (for two rounds of stimulation, 3 egg retrievals) we spent $35K but that included our medications, the embryology (through Ovation), the surgery center, and TFCs services. The costs associated with TFC directly were very reasonable (for the ultrasounds, office visits, retrevial and transfer).
Describe Kaylen Silverberg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Fertility Center.
Dr Silverberg strongly stuck to transferring only one embryo at a time. He said he was part of the initiative that wrote guidelines for age and transfer and that he had been responsible for too many NICU babies and exorbitant hospital bills. He felt it was a more responsible move to transfer one embryo at a time based on age factors. He said once I was &gt;35 he would be willing to transfer 2 at a time.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Thomas Vaughn is punctual and I appreciate that he respects his patience’s time. He’s a great listener and I feel he has my health and safety in mind when suggesting different protocols. After each failed IUI and FET’s he’s called me every single time to check in and to answer any questions I might have had.... Dr. Vaughn is wonderful, though our fertility journey isn’t over I’ve been very satisfied under his care. He’s honest, I trust him & appreciate his kind bedside manner. We have experienced more downs than ups but his position attitude has kept me wanting to drive forward
The overall clinic [Texas Fertility Center] is great, the location is easy to find, bathrooms clean, waiting room comfortable, exam rooms clean and warm. Front desk employees are helpful and willing to assist with any questions and guidance.... I wasn’t assigned a nurse until IVF. All the other nurses I encountered were wonderful, caring, attentive, followed up and knew me by my first name. Once I stared IVF and was assigned Jaime, this started my displeasures with the clinic.
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
If you don’t understand all the abbreviations, ask. Ask lots of questions, write them down prior to your appointment
4 cycles of Timed intercourse clomid/Ovidrel first iui was Clomid/Ovidrel 2nd - 4th IUI Femara/Ovidrel 1st FET estradiol, Crinone & PVS 2nd FET Estradiol, Crinone & PVS Upcoming 3rd FET Femara, estradiol, Ovidrel & PVS (potentially scheduled for 3/20/18)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jaime Burkott )
I started my ivf journey in October 2017, prior to this we were trying different protocols and I wasn’t assigned a nurse until IVF. All the other nurses I encountered were wonderful, caring, attentive, followed up and knew me by my first name. Once I stared IVF and was assigned Jaime, this started my displeasures with the clinic. Jamie is forgetful, hard to get answers from, distracted and at times makes me feel as though I’m annoying her. I feel I’ve developed a better relationship with the on call nurse than my IVF nurse. The only time I’ve met with Jaime in person was to do my initial injection consult, other than that it’s primarily emails with the occasional phone call. I’ve asked to see her after a baseline appointment and she pawned me off to a different nurse. After my 2nd Failed FET I had to tell her I wanted to meet with her because I had questions I wanted to go over in person with a difference in progesterone days before FET. I remember something different than what she had written. We set an appointment and the day of she emailed me and had to push it back because she had forgotten a prior commitment. Dr. Vaughn had an emergency and was out of office unexpectedly, everyone was rescheduled but of course my nurse forgot to reschedule me until I called. I simply don’t trust Jaime at all.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The overall clinic is great, the location is easy to find, bathrooms clean, waiting room comfortable, exam rooms clean and warm. Front desk employees are helpful and willing to assist with any questions and guidance.
So far since October 2017 - current we have spent $31,000 NOT including all the other cycles like IUI and timed intercourse. Between Texas fertility, Ovation Fertility, CPL and the Austin Surgery Center. MY insurance doesn’t cover anything regarding fertility.
The first two FET Dr. Vaughn would only transfer a single embryo. Now that we are on our 3rd he is open to transferring two embryos
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. James always listened to my concerns (rational or not). She was patient in explaining the science behind her recommendations while also being open to explore options I requested... As someone pursuing becoming a single mother by choice, you don't have the benefit of having another person there to listen and process the same information received. That said, Dr. James managed to navigate the emotional waves I was going through while providing logical and scientific explanations (which I found very helpful since I am an analytical thinker that likes to process data). I found her to be very warm and compassionate without going overboard to a point where I wouldn't trust a doctor that didn't give it to me straight.
The clinic staff [at Texas Fertility Center] in San Antonio are very welcoming and you get to know them, and they get to know you. I absolutely did not feel like a number. I felt like everyone was on my team! Any issues that arose were timely resolved...Initially we used Clomid and upped the dosage with each cycle for IUI. When I experienced an ectopic pregnancy resulting in losing a tube, we moved on to injectible follistim. The benefit of moving onto injectibles fairly quickly is that we got to see how my body responded in the likelihood I needed to move on to IVF.
How was your experience with Summer James at Texas Fertility Center?
Hormonal treatments definitely affect how you process information. As someone pursuing becoming a single mother by choice, you don't have the benefit of having another person there to listen and process the same information received. That said, Dr. James managed to navigate the emotional waves I was going through while providing logical and scientific explanations (which I found very helpful since I am an analytical thinker that likes to process data). I found her to be very warm and compassionate without going overboard to a point where I wouldn't trust a doctor that didn't give it to me straight.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Summer James at Texas Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions or make requests regarding your care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Summer James at Texas Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Summer James used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Initially we used Clomid and upped the dosage with each cycle for IUI. When I experienced an ectopic pregnancy resulting in losing a tube, we moved on to injectible follistim. The benefit of moving onto injectibles fairly quickly is that we got to see how my body responded in the likelihood I needed to move on to IVF. By the time I decided to try IVF, my response to the medications was very predictable. While Dr. James was able to pretty accurately predict how many eggs we would retrieve and ultimately how many embryos there would be, we were both surprised that there were not more PGS tested normal embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: April Shadden)
All of the staff at TFC in San Antonio were attentive to my questions and timely with their responses. I also received call-backs and test results as promised.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The clinic staff in San Antonio are very welcoming and you get to know them, and they get to know you. I absolutely did not feel like a number. I felt like everyone was on my team! Any issues that arose were timely resolved.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Summer James at Texas Fertility Center.
Fortunately, much of my care was covered by insurance. I recall ultrasounds being around $200/visit.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Summer James at Texas Fertility Center.

Dr. Vaughn comes across as the caring grandfather or uncle that you would go to with your biggest problem in life knowing that he's going to hear you and provide great wisdom. He's kind, trustworthy and always takes the time to answer any questions you have. He really seeks to make sure you understand exactly where you are in the process and where you're going. He has personally called me with all of my results and has never made me feel as though I'm bothering him with my concerns or questions.
The staff [Texas Fertility Center] has been excellent.... The clinic runs exceptionally smoothly. They are always prepared and on time for their appointments. Each person working there is kind, understanding and willing to go above and beyond to serve the patients.... Dr. Vaughn is amazing! I truly can't think of any weaknesses at this time. He has been a calming influence through this stressful time and I leave my appointments feeling encouraged
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Vaughn is amazing! I truly can't think of any weaknesses at this time. He has been a calming influence through this stressful time and I leave my appointments feeling encouraged. He's 100% on time all the time so I've never had to wait more than 2 minutes to be seen which was great for my work schedule. He always wrote down for me how many follicles I had maturing and what he hoped to see next visit.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Vaughn will answer them all.
My protocol was set by my initial doctor who went out of town shortly after beginning treatments and Dr. Vaughn didn't want to change the protocol. He did extend my treatment by a few days as I was not responding very well to the stimulation meds. While disappointing to spend money on an extra 3 days of injections, it was well worth it as the egg retrieval was very successful.
The staff has been excellent.
Unsure

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Hansard is a gem! She is incredibly kind-hearted yet has a very practical and honest approach to her work. I have never once felt like "just another patient in her day". She is incredibly knowledgeable and also very in tune with your emotional needs.... Dr. Hansard sat down with my husband and I as if we were guests in her home; she was warm and kind. She listened intently and gave thoughtful but honest feedback. She has cared for our physical and emotional well being the entire journey.
The clinic [Texas Fertility Center] is run very smoothly and has a welcoming environment. All of the staff are friendly and competent. My only criticism is that when you're checking out from an appointment, the check out area can get congested and noisy which was very nerve racking for me when I was getting my initial injection instructions. It was hard to hear and I was completely distracted by the couple at the next window. It only happened the one time but it was my first post-consultation appointment and everything was a bit overwhelming.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Trust her!
Given my age and history of miscarriages, Dr. Hansard immediately recommended me for IVF and all of my stimulation medications were set to the highest dose possible. It worked! Statistically, I should have only had 5 eggs retrieved but we ended up getting 12. Dr. Hansard also had me supplement my diet with CoQ10 to increase my egg quality and of the 12 eggs that were retrieved, 10 fertilized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Caplic)
I've been a relatively un-needy patient so I've had very little interaction with my nurse in person. On the one occasion I called with a question, she was very responsive and answered my question fully.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The clinic is run very smoothly and has a welcoming environment. All of the staff are friendly and competent. My only criticism is that when you're checking out from an appointment, the check out area can get congested and noisy which was very nerve racking for me when I was getting my initial injection instructions. It was hard to hear and I was completely distracted by the couple at the next window. It only happened the one time but it was my first post-consultation appointment and everything was a bit overwhelming.
My insurance covered a portion of certain procedures so it's difficult to determine what the actual costs were.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr Hansard is always very kind and informational when we meet. ... The only reason I wouldn't give a 10 is because she does speak very quickly. There have been a few times where we've left the appointment thinking, "wait, what do we do next?" ... We started our consultation by running multiple tests: a lot of bloodwork on both myself & my husband, an HSG test, and a few different ultrasounds.
The hardest part about this clinic is scheduling. Trying to get a new patient appointment can take months- so be prepared for that. Once you are a patient, it's easiest to schedule appointments with your nurse rather than the main clinic line, so always call your nurse first. My nurse has helped me schedule appointments before regular business hours to fit me in as everything is so time specific.
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr Hansard is always very kind and informational when we meet. Even my husband felt she talked through things very well. The only reason I wouldn't give a 10 is because she does speak very quickly. There have been a few times where we've left the appointment thinking, "wait, what do we do next?" I wish the nurses would give you a summary of your next steps or treatment options.
Take notes when she's discussing treatment options. You will forget. Also- use the time she has with you to ask her any specific questions you may have.
I never felt rushed to get through the office or through the treatment options. Dr Hansard did a great job explaining what I needed to do and what possible options we have.
We started our consultation by running multiple tests: a lot of bloodwork on both myself & my husband, an HSG test, and a few different ultrasounds. Once we began treatment, the current treatment we're using is taking Femara each cycle then coming in for an ultrasound to see my follicles. After this we'll determine next steps from here.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is great! They respond to all of your questions in a very timely manner. You receive a card with both their direct phone line and email so you can contact them at anytime. My nurse has been very helpful in answering any and all questions I have as well as talking me through potential next steps.
+ Read more- Read less

He's [Dr. Thomas Vaughn] older gentleman, and I was initially a little nervous about being judged for pursuing a modern, slightly nontraditional family, but never felt that way. I did get the impression my case was a little...boring for him? My fertility issues were minimal, and in the decision to be more aggressive (with the health risks that involves) vs play the waiting game (with the financial & emotional stress that involves) he definitely leaned toward the latter.
It's a busy clinic [TX Fertility Center], but the wait was never too bad, although appointments were always on the quick side. Very responsive by phone and email which was always reassuring. Easy to schedule.... When I got my positive, I thought the nurse said my HCG was over 100 and that was good. And the next Beta was less than double so I was worried and she said that no, my HCG last time was 67 and it had almost quadrupled so everything was fine. Still confused why I got the wrong number the first time.
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
He's obviously incredibly experienced and has an amazing reputation in Austin. He's older gentleman, and I was initially a little nervous about being judged for pursuing a modern, slightly nontraditional family, but never felt that way. I did get the impression my case was a little...boring for him? My fertility issues were minimal, and in the decision to be more aggressive (with the health risks that involves) vs play the waiting game (with the financial & emotional stress that involves) he definitely leaned toward the latter.
I'm not unhappy with the care I received--I never felt rushed or dismissed by Dr. Vaughn. However it's a busy clinic, I wasn't a particularly complicated case, and just didn't require the attention some patients might. He was patient with my questions and concerns, but our appointments were quick and mostly business.
My first cycle was completely unmedicated, and my period arrived nearly a week earlier than planned. Dr. Vaughn thought either I hadn't ovulated despite a positive OPK, or I had a short leutal phase. I explained that this period was very out of the norm for me, but for the next cycle he recommended I take Femara to ensure I ovulate, and 200mg of progesterone 4 days after the IUI. The side effects of the progesterone were extremely unpleasant and for the next cycle he recommended I cut them in half to 100mg. After my third failed cycle I expressed desire for a laparoscopy to confirm my self-diagnosed endometriosis (I had discussed my pelvic pain with Dr. Vaughn, but symptoms were mild-ish and nothing showed up on the ultrasound, and he seemed ambivalent about progressing to lap until my third failed IUI). I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy done by my regular OB/Gyn so insurance would cover the procedures and she found and ablated one small lesion and removed an adhesion. Fourth IUI back at the fertility clinic, preformed by a different doctor due to timing- I got my first positive.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
This is the only clinic I went to, so it's hard for me to compare. They have a reputation for being "traditional" but I think that is in reference to medical treatments not values. And honestly, my experience was limited to IUI, which is far less involved and invasive than IVF, so I don't know as much as an IVF patient would. It's a busy clinic, but the wait was never too bad, although appointments were always on the quick side. Very responsive by phone and email which was always reassuring. Easy to schedule.
Pretty much $200 for everything--ultrasounds and IUI. Fertility evaluation was covered by insurance.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Propst is very kind, gentle, and has made an effort to keep us from spending as little as possible. He obviously cares about people. His approach is more slow and steady and he seems to start with the minimum and build from there rather than bombard you with tons of tests and hardcore medication.... I completely trust his expertise however sometimes I wish he would tell me what he's thinking. He's not a big talker, but he provides the necessary information without conveying false hope or over confidence.
It's [Texas Fertility Center] not a big fancy brand new office which I prefer. It's smaller and more laid back and doesn't look like a money grab. They try very hard to help to get your insurance to cover anything they can.i have never felt any pressure to spend money there. They are very straight forward about cost and there have not been any surprise or hidden costs. You are assigned your own nurse you can call anytime, and there is another very nice nurse on call on weekends and evenings.
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Propst is pretty straight forward and sometimes a bit serious. I completely trust his expertise however sometimes I wish he would tell me what he's thinking. He's not a big talker, but he provides the necessary information without conveying false hope or over confidence. He is realistic and somewhat optimistic. He has a very good bedside manner and makes me feel at ease. He is patient and does not start with the most drastic testing and protocol. He is very very evidence based and black and white, very intelligent and not airy fairy at all.
He may seem serious but he's very caring. He's not going to talk your ear off so if you have concerns or questions you have to ask.
I brought Dr. Propst an ultrasound during my first appointment which showed a possible fibroid. Since all my labs and my husband's S.A. came back normal he recommended laparoscopic surgery for me. He suspected endometriosis, wanted to clean out any growths, and would so the dye test on my tubes without having to put me through an HSG. The surgery was smooth, I had no issues with recovery, and had no complications. Unfortunately I still did not get pregnant after surgery. My next step was IUI with clomid. My first cycle was unsuccessful so I'm probably going to complete 1 or 2 more IUI cycles before moving to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon )
They have all been wonderful.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
It's not a big fancy brand new office which I prefer. It's smaller and more laid back and doesn't look like a money grab. They try very hard to help to get your insurance to cover anything they can.i have never felt any pressure to spend money there. They are very straight forward about cost and there have not been any surprise or hidden costs. You are assigned your own nurse you can call anytime, and there is another very nice nurse on call on weekends and evenings.
My IUI cycle was just under $1000. Each step was paid separately at the time of completion. Prices were very fair.
Describe Anthony Propst's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Fertility Center.
This has not been discussed.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Kaylen Silverberg] is incredibly knowledgeable and has a ton of experience with IVF. I always felt like I was receiving the best care. When I was unsure of what to try next, he offered examples of previous patients in similar situations. He always presented multiple options and clearly pointed out the advantages and disadvantages of each. He left the choice up to me and was willing to move forward with whatever treatment I felt comfortable with and without judgement. He took my worries seriously and never made me feel bad for asking questions.
The billing department [at Texas Fertility Center] did a great job of breaking down the cost for every part of my treatment. We paid a total of about $70,000 out of pocket (no insurance coverage) for 2 own-egg IVF cycles (~$17k and $15k), one donor egg cycle (~$33k), and one transfer cycle (~$3k). We elected to freeze all and PGS test our embryos for each cycle. We were presented with an estimate of expenses before treatment started so there were no surprise charges.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
He is incredibly knowledgeable and has a ton of experience with IVF. I always felt like I was receiving the best care. When I was unsure of what to try next, he offered examples of previous patients in similar situations. He always presented multiple options and clearly pointed out the advantages and disadvantages of each. He left the choice up to me and was willing to move forward with whatever treatment I felt comfortable with and without judgement. He took my worries seriously and never made me feel bad for asking questions.
Be honest and up front with any of your concerns and don't be afraid to ask questions.
He was willing to spend as much time as I needed explaining procedures, answering my questions, and presenting me with options. He was never rude and always made an effort to make sure I left the clinic happy.
My first IVF cycle used a long lupron (agonist) protocol since I had never tried injectable drugs before. I responded slowly and my medication was increased to compensate. A slightly lower than average number of eggs were retrieved and only one embryo made it to the blastocyst stage. It was tested PGS abnormal and incompatible with life. My second IVF cycle used a microdose lupron flare protocol since I am a poor/slow responder to fertility drugs and there was a question about my egg quality. I was on the maximum dose for most of the cycle and ended up with a normal number of eggs. We did not have any embryos make it to the blastocyst stage. We did not get any viable embryos using my own eggs (poor quality) so we moved on to an egg donor after 2 failed IVFs. Our donor used an antagonist protocol because that is the fastest and easiest cycle for my doctor to manage. She had donated before so my doctor used her previous cycle as a starting point. Her dosage was updated every two or three days based on her response, and we ended up with a higher than average number of eggs and PGS normal embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kat (non IVF cycles), Shanna (IVF cycles), and Jennifer (donor egg cycles))
My first nurse (Kat) was assigned to me for clomid cycles. She was kind and answered all of my questions in a timely manner. My second nurse (Shanna) was assigned to me for own egg IVF cycles. She was amazing and went above and beyond to answer all of my questions. She even asked the embryology team directly to help me understand why my first IVF didn't work. My third nurse (Jennifer) was assigned to me for a donor egg IVF cycle. She was awesome and answered all of my questions. She also sent me information ahead of time to make sure I had everything I needed and didn't have to make any last minute decisions. She kept me updated with my donor's cycle and I never had to worry about what was going on.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
TFC is one of the larger clinics in the state. They don't turn away patients based on diagnosis and will do everything they can to help you conceive. According to SART, their success rates are above the national average. They strongly recommend eSET when possible and I never felt pressured to try a treatment before I was ready. I saw my doctor for almost all of my appointments, even the quick, simple sonograms. My doctor performed all of my sonograms and a nurse was in the room taking notes. If my doctor was unavailable I was given the option of rescheduling or choosing another doctor at the clinic for that day. The only downside is that TFC sees a lot of patients and sometimes runs behind in the afternoon. The longest I have had to wait for my appointment was 45 minutes when someone else's consultation ran long.
The billing department did a great job of breaking down the cost for every part of my treatment. We paid a total of about $70,000 out of pocket (no insurance coverage) for 2 own-egg IVF cycles (~$17k and $15k), one donor egg cycle (~$33k), and one transfer cycle (~$3k). We elected to freeze all and PGS test our embryos for each cycle. We were presented with an estimate of expenses before treatment started so there were no surprise charges.
My husband and I desired an eSET and my doctor was supportive of our decision. He typically recommends eSET for PGS normal embryos and first time transfers unless there is a compelling reason to transfer more.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Burger is kind, understanding, more patient than anyone I've ever met and will spend time with you to allow questions, concerns, talking, etc. She is awesome. She has made me feel comfortable and talks to me like I am an educated person because of my medical background. I appreciate her candidness and ability to "talk me off the ledge"...She never lets me leave without making sure I feel ready. Even if I leave and come up with a question - she will get back to me ASAP. I always leave feeling comfortable and I know she is going to take care of me.
As a clinic - I feel that TFC has a tendency to overbook their patients... At the south clinic, it is much better. The staff is friendlier, more understanding. I get into my appointments as I arrive...Dee Dee is awesome! After a previous experience at this clinic with a different nurse I was very wary. She is compassionate, patient, educated, skilled at her job. She has a vast knowledge of the care she gives. I appreciate her honesty and her patience for me! She answers emails within a day, returns calls promptly
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
There aren't enough words to describe how great Dr. Burger is. She is exactly what we needed going through all of this. As I am writing this I am getting ready to trigger for our first cycle and since I don't want the success/failure to be a reason to have an opinion as a physician, I would like to write about our treatment thus far. Dr. Burger is so patient - I have never felt like I couldn't ask her even the "dumbest" questions. She is kind. She never lets me leave without making sure I feel ready. Even if I leave and come up with a question - she will get back to me ASAP. I always leave feeling comfortable and I know she is going to take care of me.
Prepare yourself, the more you know about what's going on - the more you can discuss all the options with her. She will discuss anything you bring her way - after countless hours of research, I would bring up a new possible treatment or test and she never batted an eye. She is great to work with and believes in collaborative care.
I had previously seen a different doctor who treated me like a number. Dr. Burger is kind, understanding, more patient than anyone I've ever met and will spend time with you to allow questions, concerns, talking, etc. She is awesome. She has made me feel comfortable and talks to me like I am an educated person because of my medical background. I appreciate her candidness and ability to "talk me off the ledge".
I did three separate IUI's with Femara + Ovidrel trigger that were unsuccessful. I had frequent follow-ups with Dr. Burger throughout that time. Currently I am doing IVF with Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron trigger. She has had me follow-up with ultrasounds & labs every 2 days. Her nurses will call and check on me daily. With my very high egg count and PCOS she has been cautious with my medication as not to produce too many follicles. She has also had me changed from my Ovidrel trigger to the Lupron trigger since I am at a higher risk for OHSS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Dee Dee)
Dee Dee is awesome! After a previous experience at this clinic with a different nurse I was very wary. She is compassionate, patient, educated, skilled at her job. She has a vast knowledge of the care she gives. I appreciate her honesty and her patience for me! She answers emails within a day, returns calls promptly and will consult Dr. Burger to calm my nerves when I need it. She has been amazing. The staff at the office is also very nice! They always try to work with my schedule. They make sure I leave with an understanding of what my next steps are. They are very sweet.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
As a clinic - I feel that TFC has a tendency to overbook their patients. I previously saw a different physician and had a terrible experience. I also used to go to their main office where there is never a time I didn't have to wait at least thirty minutes after I arrived to see my doctor. At the south clinic, it is much better. The staff is friendlier, more understanding. I get into my appointments as I arrive.
Each IUI cycle costed a total of about $3000, as my insurance does not provide coverage. This includes medication. This IVF cycle has cost about $19,000 plus $4000 in medications.
We have discussed this, at length. I would prefer multiples since I believe that would give me a higher chance at success. She prefers singles because of less chance of problems throughout the pregnancy, higher success rates after genetic testing, etc. Most importantly, I trust her. She has given me her rationale and I agree.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Burger] discovered a birth defect I had in my uterus that no other dr had noticed. She encouraged me to take care of that prior to IVF. My husband had zero sperm so she refered us to an excellent dr and helped us get an appt faster than normal. My husband's specialist was able to surgically get sperm and Natalie encouraged us to use ICSI and strongly suggested only transferring one embryo. She performed my procedure herself as well as the retrieval and implantation.
Excellent clinic [Texas Fertility Center]! They are prompt and on time, answer questions with kindness! They are really busy, it took a long Time to get my records sent to my new doctor....[nurse] Answered all my questions and was very kind. Convenient to email her periodically and always got quick responses. Very thorough when teaching about medications. Visits were always quick!...Total about $25,000... When the insurance company was difficult with medications she [Dr. Burger] intervened and found an alternative route that insurance would work with.
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
Natalie was great at explaining everything she was doing before and during a procedure. She was always calm and patient with our questions or concerns. She was honest and compassionate. There were a few times that I think she assumed we knew something but when we would stop and ask for more info or clarification she would not rush but took the time to fully explain things to us.
Ask a lot of questions, don't hesitate, no question is stupid!
She took the time to listen to our story and what our journey was like. She was always kind and remembered details about us when we would visit.
She discovered a birth defect I had in my uterus that no other dr had noticed. She encouraged me to take care of that prior to IVF. My husband had zero sperm so she refered us to an excellent dr and helped us get an appt faster than normal. My husband's specialist was able to surgically get sperm and Natalie encouraged us to use ICSI and strongly suggested only transferring one embryo. She performed my procedure herself as well as the retrieval and implantation. She performed all the sonograms and prescribed all the medications. When my body wasn't quite ready for something she explained it to me and adjust my injections. When the insurance company was difficult with medications she intervened and found an alternative route that insurance would work with.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Excellent clinic! They are prompt and on time, answer questions with kindness! They are really busy, it took a long Time to get my records sent to my new doctor.
Total about $25,00
Natalie is very adamant about giving her patients the healthiest outcome and therefore has a lot of information to share about why she does not prefer multiple embryo transfers.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. S [Dr. Kaylen Silverberg] is compassionate, enthusiastic, positive, and interested in your patient history. For the most part he seems focused on figuring out problems and is cautious about checking all the boxes (i.e. he insisted on an ERA biopsy to make sure we were transferring on the right day before we did a frozen embryo transfer since we only had one good PGS embryo to work with). He makes an effort to talk or meet with you right away when you get bad news. That being said, I have now had 3 failed frozen transfers and am "unexplained" with still no answers as to what is going on, even though we have done everything under the sun that has been recommended.
[Texas Fertility Center is] Relatively well organized, receive call backs and emails very quickly, staff is not "flaky" at all. They are kind and professional and good patient advocates; they will hunt the doctors down for you to get your questions answered.... Fresh retrieval freeze-all cycle with PGS testing and ICSI: approx. $16,000 Frozen embryo transfer with assisted hatching: approx. $2,600 Monitoring Ultrasounds (weekdays): $210 Monitoring Ultrasounds (weekends): $250 ERA Biopsy: $300 (plus $900 for the testing company)
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. S is compassionate, enthusiastic, positive, and interested in your patient history. For the most part he seems focused on figuring out problems and is cautious about checking all the boxes (i.e. he insisted on an ERA biopsy to make sure we were transferring on the right day before we did a frozen embryo transfer since we only had one good PGS embryo to work with). He makes an effort to talk or meet with you right away when you get bad news. That being said, I have now had 3 failed frozen transfers and am "unexplained" with still no answers as to what is going on, even though we have done everything under the sun that has been recommended.
Don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for more information or clarification, even if he is in a hurry.
Warm, personal bedside manner.
2 fresh freeze all retrieval cycles on Gonal F, Menopur and Lupron (starting with birth control and Lupron suppression). Resulted in 9 mature eggs; 2 day 6 blasts, but only 1 PGS normal embryo for 1st cycle; 8 mature eggs; 5 day 6 blasts and 2 PGS normal embryos for the 2nd cycle. 3 FETs on Crinone and Estradiol support. 1st FET = HCG of 41, chemical pregnancy. 2nd FET = BFN. 3rd FET = HCG of 28, chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Strong preference for freeze all cycles, PGS testing, and eSETs.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
She [Dr. Natalie Burger] presented all information about my infertility very directly and scientifically, but also with a plan and hope...Though my ovarian reserve was low and my chances of conceiving with my own eggs very low, she never took that option off the table, she was just very honest about the expected results. I am not sure that without her guidance we would have been so open to using donor eggs, but she made the whole experience wonderful and I trusted her perspective completely.
Leanne [nurse at Texas Fertility Center] was fairly responsive on email though I found that I usually had to wait until the evening to get a response... The on-call weekend nurse was Pam who I loved...It [Donor Egg IVF] was approximately $30,000 all in, not including genetic testing on the embryos...I found the fact that they have multiple locations really convenient. We mainly went to the Austin South office which is closer to our home and that was nice. We did have to go to the North location for the procedure, but it was also convenient and the experience there was far better than other clinics.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
I can't say enough about Dr. Burger. Initially she may come off as a bit stiff, but she really does a great job of communicating all options. Though my ovarian reserve was low and my chances of conceiving with my own eggs very low, she never took that option off the table, she was just very honest about the expected results. I am not sure that without her guidance we would have been so open to using donor eggs, but she made the whole experience wonderful and I trusted her perspective completely.
I would say to not be put off if she seems a bit detached at first - listen to what she's saying and give her time to warm up. After working with four doctors I can say that I felt more cared for by her than any of the others.
I liked Dr. Burger immediately. She presented all information about my infertility very directly and scientifically, but also with a plan and hope. After three transfers, the experience I had with Dr. Burger was far and away the best. She spoke to me the whole time, allowed my husband to be in the room with me, and we got to see the embryo on the screen before the transfer and then watch as it was placed. After the procedure she gave us both a big hug and I really felt like she was genuinely rooting for us.
Because we used donor eggs, the protocol was fairly straightforward and more like a frozen embryo transfer. I took a birth control pill to sync up my schedule with the donor, then started on lupron, followed by Estradiol before the transfer and then continued on that after the transfer along with Crinone progesterone gel and nightly progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Leanne)
Leanne was fairly responsive on email though I found that I usually had to wait until the evening to get a response. Once I realized that I knew what to expect. The on-call weekend nurse was Pam who I loved. Then again, she's the one who gave me the good news about my positive test so it would be hard to say anything negative about her no matter what!
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
It was approximately $30,000 all in, not including genetic testing on the embryos.
Again, because we used donor eggs Dr. Burger recommended a single embryo transfer. This is where I really appreciated her perspective and what she said was, "We want to make sure this pregnancy is safe for both you and the baby. Our goal is to have you both leave the hospital completely safe." That really resonated with both my husband and me.
+ Read more- Read less

Be patient because sometimes it seems as though he's taking the long way around but its only because he is making sure you've received all the tests and preparatory steps before moving forward...While I do sometimes feel like he moves through the appointments quickly and he seems to be very busy, I REALLY like Dr. Silverberg and I'm very comfortable being in his care. He has great bedside manner and with procedures that can obviously be awkward at times, its really important to me to have a doctor that I feel as much at ease as possible. Besides his personality, he's very thorough in his assessments and treatment plans and he has a lot of experience and expertise in fertility related issues.
As I stated, the staff at the clinic are the most compassionate and knowlegeable people in the field of medicine. The clinic itself is in a great location and is inviting. The one weakness I have noticed is that they seem to run behind schedule a lot...ll of the staff at Texas Fertility Center are amazing. I've worked with a lot of the ladies in the office and have never met a negative person there. They are all very helpful and compassionate. Its a joy having that team during such a difficult time.
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Silverberg always greets me, asks me how I'm doing and I honestly feel that he's has my best interest in mind and that he's cheering for me.
I've had 5 IUIs that we got progressively more aggressive with. My first IUI was unmedicated. The second and third were in conjunction with Femara and my fourth and fifth cycles were with gonal-f injections and the ovidrel trigger. I also used progesterone suppositories after the IUIs on the last two cycles. I'm still trying to conceive so none of the IUIs produced a positive pregnancy test. So I have decided to move on to IVF treatment.
All of the staff at Texas Fertility Center are amazing. I've worked with a lot of the ladies in the office and have never met a negative person there. They are all very helpful and compassionate. Its a joy having that team during such a difficult time.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
I don't remember exactly but I think I paid about $250 per IUI and about the same for sonograms. It was about $40 higher on weekends and holidays. Consultations were about $95.
I have not yet had an embryo transfer. I'll begin my IVF cycle in about two weeks.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He's [Dr. Vaughn] quiet and thoughtful, but don't perceive that as non-caring...We began our treatment with clomid + IUI, along with some standard blood tests. We did 4 IUIs and none of them produced a pregnancy. From there, he looked back at previous x-rays from my normal ob/gyn and noticed that I had a uterine septum, so he recommended surgery to repair that. During the surgery, he also found some uterine fibroids and corrected those. Now, we are moving into IVF.
Texas Fertility Center is one of the larger clinics in Austin, with lots of locations. I always go to the clinic on Mopac & Far West. They are extremely friendly and organized. Appointments do run behind sometimes, but they are also very accommodating if you are late, so this doesn't bother me. They are very popular and always busy, but you never feel like a number... She [nurse] is extremely attentive and communicates exceptionally well. She keeps us organized so that this doesn't seem overwhelming. She's also genuinely kind and excited for us.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Vaughn is incredibly thorough and direct, while also positive and compassionate at the same time. He always is kind and keeps things light, without trivializing what we're going through. He truly seems invested in producing a successful pregnancy in his patients. He has also been sensitive and thoughtful to the fact that we are price-sensitive, since we have extremely limited coverage through our insurance.
He's quiet and thoughtful, but don't perceive that as non-caring.
Dr. Vaughn has always treated me personally and he has designed our plan according to what is (or isn't) happening with my body. He never compares my situation to other people or stats.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jaime Burkott)
Our IVF is Jaime Burkott, and we couldn't be more pleased with her. She is extremely attentive and communicates exceptionally well. She keeps us organized so that this doesn't seem overwhelming. She's also genuinely kind and excited for us.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Our IUIs, plus the surrounding appointments, usually cost us around $600-800 a month. Our IVF is going to come in around $16K.
Dr. Vaughn prefers eSET. He says they have the highest success rate with that type of transfer. He only considers transferring multiples if the woman is closer to 40 or if there are underlying medical reasons that indicate this is a good idea.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Propst was matter of fact about treatment and options but he still would talk to me about how other things in my life like school and work were going. When I tried to ease my anxiety with humor, he would laugh and joke with me. He was considerate of my discomfort during uncomfortable procedures.... I was having financial issues and he did everything he could to get me donated medications or lower my costs. He was an expert in the issue I was having and I trusted him completely.
It [Texas Fertility Center] is a very large practice so sometimes I would see different staff members st every visit. I would have liked a smaller, more personal feel but at a large clinic it is easier to get appointments and see people last minute.... There was a time that I really wanted to leave the clinic because the person handling my medication order made a huge mistake and almost cost me thousands of dollars. The technicians that I saw during my regular visits were always friendly and courteous but they didn’t seem to remember me from one visit too the next
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Propst was my favorite person at the clinic. I was having financial issues and he did everything he could to get me donated medications or lower my costs. He was an expert in the issue I was having and I trusted him completely.
He’s very matter of fact so expect the truth even if it might not be what you want to hear. But he’s southern so he says it in a compassionate way.
5 cycles of letrozole plus injectibles, one cycle of full injectibles, one ivf cycle. After ovulating early, he added another medication to prevent that. Ovidril trigger was used in all seven cycles. First cycle was negative, second was a miscarriage and Dr. Propst performed my D&C. Third cycle was negative. Fourth cycle I ovulated early. Fifth cycle after an adjustment was negative. Sixth cycle was a chemical pregnancy. Seventh cycle was ivf that yielded no usable embryos. Eighth cycle was my son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kimberley)
I did not have a great experience with the nursing staff. At one point I was sure that the nurses treated me differently because I am Latina and I didn’t have a lot of money. This was maninly someone trying to arrange my medication during an ivf cycle. I don’t remember her name. My ivf nurse was different from my first nurse Kimberley and when I went back to iui, Kimberley had left and I got someone different and she was fine. There was a time that I really wanted to leave the clinic because the person handling my medication order made a huge mistake and almost cost me thousands of dollars. The technicians that I saw during my regular visits were always friendly and courteous but they didn’t seem to remember me from one visit too the next, maybe because the clinic was too big.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
It is a very large practice so sometimes I would see different staff members st every visit. I would have liked a smaller, more personal feel but at a large clinic it is easier to get appointments and see people last minute.
It was really expensive, my insurance didn’t cover anything, I used credit cards to pay, and I’m still in debt up to my ears. Total cost was about $45k

3 IVF, Donor Eggs
He’s [Dr. Propst] very compassionate with a professional and comfortable bedside manner. He’s extremely knowledgeable and very helpful in finding the right plan that he thinks will best work for you. He will work with you in regards to what you want, timelines, and even a little based on cost. I truly felt he wanted to help his patients and not just doing it for the paycheck...He was very personable and relatable and I felt he truly cared. Several times he actually called me directly rather than having a nurse do it.
I think they [Texas Fertility Center] are very knowledgeable and have very quality and qualified doctors that are all great and help out each other when needed. They research and offer classes to help patients regularly. They’re located throughout the city (and state) and easy to get quick appts. The only weakness, although not specific to them I imagine is the cost. Without having insurance coverage, it is super expensive!...Be patient and trust they know what they are doing.
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
He’s very compassionate with a professional and comfortable bedside manner. He’s extremely knowledgeable and very helpful in finding the right plan that he thinks will best work for you. He will work with you in regards to what you want, timelines, and even a little based on cost. I truly felt he wanted to help his patients and not just doing it for the paycheck.
I would say this to any patient, not just his. But just because you hear of success doesn’t mean you will get it immediately. Be patient and trust they know what they are doing. Also just because a+b+c worked for you friend, doesn’t mean it will for you. Each diagnosis and treatment is different and therefore may have a different treatment.
I used various things depending on which cycle. I know in the beginning I was doing injections with follistim and timed intercourse. Then moved onto an egg retrieval cycle with follistim and menopur. Also using ganirelix and ovidrel for the trigger. For most of the cycles I used crinone progesterone. The last (successful) one I used progesterone in oil.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
I think they are very knowledgeable and have very quality and qualified doctors that are all great and help out each other when needed. They research and offer classes to help patients regularly. They’re located throughout the city (and state) and easy to get quick appts. The only weakness, although not specific to them I imagine is the cost. Without having insurance coverage, it is super expensive!
Way too much.
After several failed attempts, he was open to multiple. We transferred two!
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Propst for us was not the one that walks in and your super comfortable with...Dr. Propst was very good about not moving on to new treatments too quickly but also pushing us to move on when he thought it was best. We have slowely moved through each of our cycles. A few clomid cycles, Clomid with IUI, hybrid with IUI, Injections with IUI which resulted in two pregnancies. It has been a steady progression not a rushed progression....
They [TFC] are quick, Efficient, and all around incredible. Blood draws I always got results back same day and app are very easy to schedule....Laura is by far the greatest part of TFC!!! She is so attentive and quick to answer questions and get back to you with information. You could feel the hope she has for her patients as well as the compassion and empathy....We were originally 100% out of pocket. Dr. Propst was very conscious of that and the clinic offers many discounts for patients!
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Propst for us was not the one that walks in and your super comfortable with. I think because both he and I are pretty awkward. That being said we have definitely developed a relationship with him and I have trusted him completely from the get go. We are eager to resume treatments with him for Baby number two and wouldn’t want to use anyone else.
He just took awhile to warm up too. Once he did though he has been great. He was especially wonderful at our baby app when he got to meet our daughter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Kurkendaul)
Laura is by far the greatest part of TFC!!! She is so attentive and quick to answer questions and get back to you with information. You could feel the hope she has for her patients as well as the compassion and empathy. She is by far one of the best health care professionals I have ever had to deal with.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
They are quick, Efficient, and all around incredible. Blood draws I always got results back same day and app are very easy to schedule. I do know several other patients and have heard that is not always the case for everyone. I think a lot of it has to do with who your nurse is.
+ Read more- Read less

During the mid-cycle ultrasound she [Dr. James] decided she wanted our 2 follicles to grow two extra days before the trigger shot. This was the game changer. Those two extra days gave us the 2 large follicles and two smaller ones. 4 chances. Positive-Pregnant with Twins... She was one of the best Drs I've ever had in any specialty. She was the one to call and discuss results with us. When we finally got pregnant we got pregnant with twins, she was so happy for us. A few weeks later when we lost Baby B she was crushed by the news as well. She spent so much time making sure I was comfortable and was honest and helpful without sugar coating our situation. I know we wouldn't have our miracle baby without her hard work.
Every single member of her [Dr. James] staff [at Texas Fertility Center] knew both myself and my husband by name. They were all cheering for us, they all knew and remembered all the details of our chart and our preferences. They were honest, aggressive with treatment options, and compassionate when we needed it most...The first three cycles we paid about $1800 apiece. My husbands job switched insurance at the beginning of the year and Nora was able to negotiate with our insurance to get our IUI's covered. It was $150 for the IUI instead of $1800 for Timed Intercourse...
European, Other
How was your experience with Summer James at Texas Fertility Center?
GO TO HER! She will change your life for the better. We are so lucky we found her.
Every single member of her staff knew both myself and my husband by name. They were all cheering for us, they all knew and remembered all the details of our chart and our preferences. They were honest, aggressive with treatment options, and compassionate when we needed it most.
Cycle 1 - 5mg Femara, Ovidrel trigger shot. Lots of ultrasounds. Timed Intercourse. Negative. Cycle 2 - Repeat Cycle 1, cancelled due to lump in breast. Cycle 3 - 7.5mg Femara, Ovidrel trigger shot. Lots of Ultrasounds, Timed Intercourse. Negative. Cycle 4 - 12.5mg Femara, Ovidrel trigger shot, sperm wash, IUI #1. Negative Cycle 5 - 12.5mg Femara, Ovidrel trigger shot, sperm wash, IUI #2. During the mid-cycle ultrasound she decided she wanted our 2 follicles to grow two extra days before the trigger shot. This was the game changer. Those two extra days gave us the 2 large follicles and two smaller ones. 4 chances. Positive-Pregnant with Twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sharon )
They went to bat for us with the insurance, they let us come in to do the trigger shot so we wouldn't have to do it ourselves, they asked questions about our life and genuinely cared for us.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
This was our first and only experience with a fertility Dr and we had lots of questions and they took tons of time to make us as comfortably as possible. They gave us hope and they delivered. Above and beyond.
That was the best part. The first three cycles we paid about $1800 apiece. My husbands job switched insurance at the beginning of the year and Nora was able to negotiate with our insurance to get our IUI's covered. It was $150 for the IUI instead of $1800 for Timed Intercourse.

PCOS, Unexplained
I liked Dr Burger from the very beginning; as soon as she got all of our information​ and background, she was already writing out plans for treatment. She was honest with us about our odds and never sugar coated anything, but was also encouraging. She kept us updated throughout every step of every process. I trusted her completely to do right by us...Dr Burger was always friendly and cheerful to us. She answered all of our questions and took our concerns seriously.
TFC was clean, quiet and organized. Both locations we used were equally nice. It was really convenient being able to make appointments at the different locations depending on which was more convenient for us at the time. The new surgical center we used for IVF was excellent. We almost never had to wait long for appointments...One time I wasn't called with my beta result from an IUI. I knew it was negative but wanted to hear it just in case. After some phone tag with the after hours nurse we got the result.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
Feel free to ask questions or suggest alternatives! She's very nice and not dismissive at all.
I did four IUI with Femara and two Femara only cycles, with doses ranging from 2.5-7.5mg. Half the cycles were with progesterone supplementation due to a shortening luteal phase. We had no quantifiable issues so IUI was the first step before IVF. When we moved to IVF we had an antagonist protocol with birth control suppression, gonal F, Menopur and cetrotide. Gonal F doses ranged from 75-300IU depending on estradiol levels. 75IU Menopur and cetrotide were used on days 10-13 of stims. 23 eggs were retrieved, 10 each fertilized normally and with ICSI, and 11 embryos were frozen. Half and half approach was used in case of fertilization issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: DeeDee for IVF)
DeeDee was always very quick to reply to communication. She was flexible with our odd situation (me unable to receive calls at work) and talked to my husband often.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Ultrasound monitoring was $200 each. Sperm wash $200, IUI $200. IVF plus one transfer was about $18k, higher than usual due to me needing more meds and having so many embryos to take care of.
Dr Burger strongly suggested eSET due to our ages, unexplained infertility, and general clinic practice. She said she'd only consider multiples after a few failed transfers.

4 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
For IVF [with Dr. Thomas Vaughn], we did a fairly high dose of injectable medications to get as many eggs as possible, but by the time egg retrieval came around, we were risking too many larger follicles trying to get the smaller ones to catch up, so we called it and got fewer than we'd hoped for. After our IVF, Dr. Vaughn said he wouldn't change the protocol if we tried own-egg IVF again, despite the outcome...Dr. Vaughn was overall great to work with. He seemed to truly care about helping us start our family. I was disappointed that he seemed unwilling to try something else when our own-egg IVF cycle failed.
I felt like a human [at Texas Fertility Center] until our own-egg IVF cycle failed and we decided to go abroad for our donor egg cycle. We needed the clinic's help for monitoring, and we were paying out of pocket for ultrasounds, but they were very unaccommodating...Laura [nurse] was wonderful at communicating. Some of the other nurses showed less compassion, especially those who we dealt with less often. Once we decided to only do monitoring through the clinic to prepare for using donor eggs overseas, the nursing staff was much less friendly.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Vaughn was overall great to work with. He seemed to truly care about helping us start our family. I was disappointed that he seemed unwilling to try something else when our own-egg IVF cycle failed. He jumped straight to donor eggs instead of being open to trying a different protocol. While donor eggs are what we ultimately proceeded with, I didn't feel listened to, and it felt like he was giving up very quickly on my 29-year-old eggs. I was also disappointed that he wasn't more disappointed or perplexed by the fact that nothing grew past fertilization. Our IVF cycle was a overall very frustrating to us, but it didn't seem that way to him. But as far as his bedside manner and his walking us through treatments during our IUIs and everything leading up to egg retrieval in our IVF, he was wonderful.
Be proactive and advocate for yourself.
I felt like a human until our own-egg IVF cycle failed and we decided to go abroad for our donor egg cycle. We needed the clinic's help for monitoring, and we were paying out of pocket for ultrasounds, but they were very unaccommodating. I told them that I felt like, since they were getting the big bucks from us for a donor egg cycle and only getting a few hundred from us for some ultrasounds, we no longer mattered. We only mattered if we were building a family their way.
I had no trouble producing follicles and eggs, so we started with letrazole and IUIs. Three cycles of that before moving on to a single IUI cycle using an injectable medication. We did this cycle only to test my body's response to the injectable medication in preparation for IVF. At that point, Dr. Vaughn was pretty sure IUI wasn't going to work for us. For IVF, we did a fairly high dose of injectable medications to get as many eggs as possible, but by the time egg retrieval came around, we were risking too many larger follicles trying to get the smaller ones to catch up, so we called it and got fewer than we'd hoped for. After our IVF, Dr. Vaughn said he wouldn't change the protocol if we tried own-egg IVF again, despite the outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
Laura was wonderful at communicating. Some of the other nurses showed less compassion, especially those who we dealt with less often. Once we decided to only do monitoring through the clinic to prepare for using donor eggs overseas, the nursing staff was much less friendly.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The clinic is organized, though they tend to run late for appointments. They're great about weekend appointments for monitoring and procedures. You won't necessarily see your doctor, but someone will be there. If you have issues with sample delivery for a procedure, as we once did, the on-call nurses are wonderful about walking you through what to do and keeping you calm. Once we decided to use donor eggs at an overseas clinic, the clinic staff became much colder and much less accommodating to our needs. I told the nurse manager that it felt as though they only cared about helping build families when we were lining their pockets through large treatments, and not when we were simply giving ourselves the best chance for success.
Insurance didn't cover much. Ultrasound monitoring was about $200 per ultrasound. The IUIs were something like $500 each, I believe. The total cost of our IVF cycle was around $15,000, but we received a refund since we didn't make it to transfer. That part was a bit confusing, but they made it as smooth as they possibly could given the circumstances.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
The implication still was there's a problem with me not them. She [Dr Lisa Hansard] also didn't know for sure what drugs to use. In then speaking to doctors outside the state everyone was quite familiar with the Empty Follicle Syndrome. While not very common, it's not unheard of and in most cases with an alternate protocol women can have a measure of success. They knew exactly what drugs to use and in fact we got 7 eggs. Only 1 made it to freeze but I'm not a lemon. It was worth every penny to go out of state. In talking to other patients of Texas Fertility they too expressed not being given completely educated information and major issues being undiagnosed that could have been detected only after the first round of IVF. Texas Fertility looks very solid on the outside but beneath the surface it is not a strong, educated institution. They adhere strongly to a one size fits all program and that just doesn't work for most people.
[Texas Fertility Center is] a relatively small clinic and easy to get through to someone when you need them. They run a tight ship, administratively it's a well-oiled machine. Otherwise, they adhere far too tight to a one-size-fits-all protocol and to me it seems they are in it for the business more than helping women fight infertility and care for their bodies in the process. There is no acknowledgement of alternative medicine in supporting the process. My work with a respected acupuncturist, nutritionist and abdominal message was all brushed off as that easter stuff you do. When many more experienced fertility clinics today are embracing these therapies toward more positive outcomes.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
I interviewed Dr. Hansard twice before I decided to go with Texas Fertility. The first time I was put off by what seemed like a very conservative, staunch point of view. She does things one way, not much interest in conversation otherwise and perhaps not as learned as her confidence would suggest (ie. alternative protocols, combining eastern medicine with the program etc). So I went with a clinic in Houston where the doctor was immensely compassionate, experienced, humble and clearly at the top of her game. I cried happy tears finally meeting someone who could have an intellectual conversation around things and no ego. Alas amazing as the Houston doctor was the office was a giant mess. Important calls went unreturned for a day or two. Getting through to anyone took a number of digital hurdles. So back I went to resee Dr. Hansard. In my desperation what once seemed like an unfeasible ego was now maternally hawkish. I could get behind the idea of her as powerful woman and maybe find success accordingly. In all fairness she was quite communicative and clear. In signing on I was very well aware that she would be on vacation during the stimulation phase of my cycle, I would be seeing her colleagues for the sonograms but she would be checking in at night to rule on any changes in my program. Again, not pleased with the level of care I was given by the other doctors in the practice but I made it through all that fine. She returned from holiday and I went in for my retrieval the day before Thanksgiving feeling really strong. I had done everything I possible could to support the IVF process. While I had a history of endometriosis and medium to low AMH all signs were looking good. But as it turned out all the follicles were empty. We didn't get a single unbroken egg. I came out from under to her telling me my eggs were atretic, they've never seen anything like it, I probably had a genetic problem and should consider a donor egg. No further information given. In doing my own research I very quickly found a number of studies and articles that have been written about it. There's a widely used term - Empty Follicle Syndrome. And most other clinics have experience as well as a standard protocol in dealing with it. That Dr. Hansard nor her embryologist could not or did not share basic professional medical knowledge widely available in respectably journals online was quite peculiar. We went back for a follow-up appointment when the dust settled and she back peddled a bit. Maybe with a longer protocol we could have some luck. But the chances were slim. The implication still was there's a problem with me not them. She also didn't know for sure what drugs to use. In then speaking to doctors outside the state everyone was quite familiar with the Empty Follicle Syndrome. While not very common, it's not unheard of and in most cases with an alternate protocol women can have a measure of success. They knew exactly what drugs to use and in fact we got 7 eggs. Only 1 made it to freeze but I'm not a lemon. It was worth every penny to go out of state. In talking to other patients of Texas Fertility they too expressed not being given completely educated information and major issues being undiagnosed that could have been detected only after the first round of IVF. Texas Fertility looks very solid on the outside but beneath the surface it is not a strong, educated institution. They adhere strongly to a one size fits all program and that just doesn't work for most people.
Go out of state, don't waste time with anyone but the best.
On why I felt like a number: I often did not see Dr. Hansard in the process but one of her male colleagues and amongst them there seems to be an expectation that the patient should not ask many questions. It wasn't until I took my sonogram reports (the tiny pieces of paper with numbers stating the count and size of your follicles throughout the stim process) to my acupuncturist that someone explained to me what it all meant. And when it came down to me having to make big decisions on a given plan I don't feel like I was given appropriate counsel. Case in point - There was a moment with Dr. Vaughn where cysts were found on my ovaries so I had to delay IVF for a cycle and decide whether or not to start to pill to diminish the cysts, give clomid a shot or do away with meds all together and let my body rest. He ratted off the options very fast, hastily walked me through the repercussions of each and offered no further counsel. I tried to elicit more intel but he was not forthcoming and in a hurry to move onto his next patient. I was pushed off onto the nurses who were not sympathetic or information either in helping me make a solid decision toward something where every month counts. Dr. Hansard was more tender and communicative but the way the office works you sometimes don't see your actual doctor for routine appointments but a colleague.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
I will say the nursing team is pretty solid at Texas Fertility. And when one of them is n/a at night or on the weekends, I felt good with the after-hours nurse on call.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
It's a relatively small clinic and easy to get through to someone when you need them. They run a tight ship, administratively it's a well-oiled machine. Otherwise, they adhere far too tight to a one-size-fits-all protocol and to me it seems they are in it for the business more than helping women fight infertility and care for their bodies in the process. There is no acknowledgement of alternative medicine in supporting the process. My work with a respected acupuncturist, nutritionist and abdominal message was all brushed off as that easter stuff you do. When many more experienced fertility clinics today are embracing these therapies toward more positive outcomes.

Anovulation, Other
Dr. James was to the point without making me feel like she was short. There wasn't a lot of fluff in our communication, but I felt like she always addressed my concerns, needs and questions. I felt extremely comfortable with her and felt as though she was incredibly knowledgeable. I never felt stupid asking questions or having her reiterate information.
April [Nurse at Texas Fertility Center] followed up on every visit by calling or emailing (especially when she had to email me to remind me the exact steps of treatments for that cycle). She called to give me my lab results and pregnancy status. I always felt like I could call her and ask her any question. She also always asked us about our week or weekend. When I got a positive pregnancy result, she called to let me know and seemed really excited to tell me the good news.
Anovulation, Other
How was your experience with Summer James at Texas Fertility Center?
I think I would give the same advise to anyone going to a fertility doctor - be patient and don't get discouraged if the treatments don't work the first, second or third time (or more). We swore our fourth cycle wasn't going to work and I was extremely frustrated. Low and behold, it worked and we will be having a little girl in a few months!
Every visit, she remember exactly what we discussed on the previous visit. She even remembered personal things we mentioned outside of the fertility process. She sat down with us an answered every question we had without making us feel rushed. Appointments also started exactly on time.
I had been to two other doctors previously and had been struggling to get pregnant for about a year and a half before seeing Dr. James. The previous doctors had perscribed Clomid and it didn't work. After running a lot of tests, Dr. James put me on Femara combined with Ovidril shots. The first cycle only produced one egg (I believe it was 2 Femara pills/day), the second cycle produced 2 eggs (3 Femara pills/day), the third cycle produced 6 eggs which caused us to make the decision to skip the trigger shot (4 Femara pills/day) and the final cycle (2.5 Femara pills/day) produced 1 large egg and eventually a baby!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: April )
April followed up on every visit by calling or emailing (especially when she had to email me to remind me the exact steps of treatments for that cycle). She called to give me my lab results and pregnancy status. I always felt like I could call her and ask her any question. She also always asked us about our week or weekend. When I got a positive pregnancy result, she called to let me know and seemed really excited to tell me the good news.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
This clinic is clean and quiet. There are two main exam rooms so it doesn't get very crowded. They also seem to have every magazine subscription there is!
Every visit, especially when I had to get an ultrasound, was $204. When I found out I was pregnant and had ultrasounds with the baby, the price when up to about $335. The initial consultation was somewhere around $350. In total, we probably spent a total of $3K once you add up all of the blood work, office visits and prescriptions.

IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Dr Hansard is very much about education and helping you understand all of your options. She felt strongly about us trying with our own eggs before going straight to a donor... She was very insistent on my only transfering one fresh embryo during our donor transfer.
[The staff at Texas Fertility Center was] Very friendly. And they make a point to remember you. With the number of times you visit during your treatment you start to feel like they're close friends. Very professional and supportive.... Dr Hansard was wonderful. She took the time to understand our wants, frustrations and goals. She offered advise and gave us many options.
IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr Hansard was wonderful. She was referred to us by my OBGYN after we had 3 failed IUI attempts with him. Dr Hansard is very much about education and helping you understand all of your options. She felt strongly about us trying with our own eggs before going straight to a donor. We did, unfortunately my own eggs did not take. We ended up going with a donor and she was there every step of the way. We had a successful pregnancy and are now the parents of a beautiful baby boy. I would recommend Dr Hansard to anyone looking into IVF or having any issues with becoming pregnant.
Set up a consult and the attend her presentation on IVF. She has these monthly at St Davids North. It's very informative and definitely the first step in helping educate yourself on your options and next steps.
Dr Hansard was wonderful. She took the time to understand our wants, frustrations and goals. She offered advise and gave us many options. She understood that we needed extra support as this was a new road for us. She was extremely supportive. I would highly recommend her.
She was very insistent on my only transfering one fresh embryo during our donor transfer. I was worried as I'm 42 years old. But it worked! She was right.
First round of IVF using my own eggs was about $10K as we participated in a study. Second round using donor eggs (including retrieval and transfer), was about $35K.

2012 - 2014
Anovulation, Male Factor
He explains everything that is happening in the appointment, such as what he sees on the ultrasound and showing us what each thing is, he shows us how he is measuring the size of the follicles and lining of the uterus, and takes the time to answer questions... Don't be turned off by the 10 minute exam once the process of the treatment begins. He spends an hour with you at the initial consult. He welcomes questions and is easy to work with.
The clinic is warm and welcoming. So many people working there but helping everyone out, being understanding of any type of situation, cheering every patient on, and overall very kind hearted people... Scheduling was easy. The doctors tend to do procedures in the morning and office appointments in the afternoons. We waited in a beautiful waiting room usually no more than 15 minutes from our appointment time.
2012 - 2014
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Silverberg is very thorough is very real. He explains everything that is happening in the appointment, such as what he sees on the ultrasound and showing us what each thing is, he shows us how he is measuring the size of the follicles and lining of the uterus, and takes the time to answer questions. He has been to Washington, D.C. several times to advocate for infertility which shows me he is passionate about what he does and his desire to help people in this situation.
Although Dr. Silverberg is very quick, he is ready to answer questions at every appointment. Even two years after our first round of IVF, he remembered us.
I don't remember the type of protocols used but for both full IVF cycles, I was on birth control for about 3 weeks, lupron for a couple of weeks, lupron and gonal-f for 10 days the first round and 12 days the second round. I triggered with ovidrel both times and was on estrogen pills for a little over a week and crinone until my progesterone numbers were high enough. We went to IVF, skipping IUI, because my husband has a history of trsticular cancer which greatly effected his numbers. I feel like that was the right call so we weren't spending so much money on countless IUIs that probably wouldn't have worked. Our first IVF resulted in 6 embryos, only one in the blast stage. We transferred two, the rest arrested, and we had one healthy baby. The second round resulted in 10 embryos, 4 reaching the blast stage. We opted to freeze all in order to allow my body to adjust from being on the meds. We did a frozen transfer about 2 weeks later of one embryo which resulted in one healthy baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center.
We had a different nurse for each round, but both were excellent. We were able to call with any questions at any time and both were prompt in returning those calls. I really believe they wanted treatments to be successful for us just as much as we did.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Scheduling was easy. The doctors tend to do procedures in the morning and office appointments in the afternoons. We waited in a beautiful waiting room usually no more than 15 minutes from our appointment time. The monitoring ultrasound itself only took about 10 minutes if we didn't have questions. We always felt comfortable and like we were given every piece of information we needed.
We paid for everything except the medications at our clinic. Everything had to be paid in full at the baseline appointment. If something changed, for example an extra monitoring appointment that we weren't expecting, we were made aware and they worked with us on payment.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Silverberg] is an amazing communicator and always in an upbeat mood. we knew success was just around the corner. He does tons of fertility research but doesn't have clinical personality...Was genuinely sad when we weren't pregnant and elated to meet our son at an office visit. Amazing change from our other fertility doctor. He made us feel like we were in control - when we had felt so downtrodden
Cat and Laura [nurses at Texas Fertility Center] were amazing, caring individuals. I felt like they took care of only me and my emotional needs. I also feel that if i needed to talk to Dr Silverberg they would connect me if needed....Very nice setting conveniently located by my house. they have offices all over Austin as well. I only went to the main office and Round Rock once because it was convenient for me that day
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
he is an amazing communicator and always in an upbeat mood. we knew success was just around the corner. He does tons of fertility research but doesn't have clinical personality
He's very busy - be patient. He runs late because he cares so much. pay it forward - one day you might be the patient that needs that extra 20 minutes to dry your eyes and adjust the plan. if I'm in the waiting room i don't mind waiting for you.
He listened to both me and my husband and honestly answered our questions. He had current research data to back up his treatment plans and gave us realistic percentages for success - never making us fell stupid for asking "why" and "why not". Was genuinely sad when we weren't pregnant and elated to meet our son at an office visit. Amazing change from our other fertility doctor. He made us feel like we were in control - when we had felt so downtrodden
I'm old. I needed lots of help but I conceived with my own eggs with a poor responders protocol. We used PGS and a freeze all cycle to find normal eggs on the second go round.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cat/Laura )
Cat and Laura were amazing, caring individuals. I felt like they took care of only me and my emotional needs. I also feel that if i needed to talk to Dr Silverberg they would connect me if needed. Although this wasn't really an issue - he gave me his cell phone
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
very nice setting conveniently located by my house. they have offices all over Austin as well. I only went to the main office and Round Rock once because it was convenient for me that day
Did IVF with PGS - drugs were covered with copays and some of our cycle cost (PGS) was covered with one of Dr Silverberg's fertility studies. Total cost less than $10,000

2010 - 2013
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
When two tries at IUI didn't work, he [Dr Kaylen Silverberg] consoled me and convinced me to continue my journey when I was at my breaking point. He was so genuinely happy for me when I was finally pregnant with my now five year old. He loves his job. I cannot say enough good things about him. When I went back to him almost two years later at age 40, I was pretty sure I was going to have an only child but he told me about the donor program and explained it in such a positive light that I left the office thinking, why not? So thanks to his guidance, I have two healthy happy boys and the family I had always dreamed of but never really thought I could hope fo
The only negative thing I would say [about Texas Fertility Center] is that you can be waiting a long time past your appointment time but I think that is the nature of this business. They take the time needed with each patient so once you are back there you don't feel rushed or like a number. Also, considering all of the last minute scheduling they do for IVF cycles, it is amazing how organized it actually is.
2010 - 2013
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
I always knew I would have fertility issues and I left my first appointment with him beyond hopeful. He listened to my long story and immediately took me for an exam. He said he would go straight to IVF if he were me (after surgery) but was willing to explore less expensive options. When two tries at IUI didn't work, he consoled me and convinced me to continue my journey when I was at my breaking point. He was so genuinely happy for me when I was finally pregnant with my now five year old. He loves his job. I cannot say enough good things about him. When I went back to him almost two years later at age 40, I was pretty sure I was going to have an only child but he told me about the donor program and explained it in such a positive light that I left the office thinking, why not? So thanks to his guidance, I have two healthy happy boys and the family I had always dreamed of but never really thought I could hope for. I am so thankful I met him. It's a very difficult journey but he is so positive that it keeps you going and your eye on the prize!
Listen to every work and take his advice, He knows exactly what he is doing. If he says to go IVF, listen. It will most likely save you time, money and heartache.
He takes his time to explain everything and makes you feel like he knows you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
They were on call 24/7. They were all really nice, compassionate and understanding.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
the only negative thing I would say is that you can be waiting a long time past your appointment time but I think that is the nature of this business. They take the time needed with each patient so once you are back there you don't feel rushed or like a number. Also, considering all of the last minute scheduling they do for IVF cycles, it is amazing how organized it actually is.
My IVF came out to about $15,000. My IVF with donor eggs was about $28,000. The later includes additional costs because the first donor did not work out

2009 - 2010
Dr Vaughn spent a lot of time with my husband and I answering our multiple questions...The details I do remember are this: There is lots of blood work! Dr Vaughn did an exploratory surgery on me to try to diagnose my infertility. I had a previous myomyectomy (fibroid removal) with by normal ob gyn before I began treatment with Dr V. Dr V found some endrometriosis and the fibroid growing back so took care of what he could during that laproscopic surgery.
The nurses and staff [at Texas Fertility Center] were always very kind and efficient. Could not have asked for more...Dr Vaughn spent a lot of time with my husband and I answering our multiple questions...I was lucky and my insurance paid for a lot of my visits. They covered the testing and surgery to diagnosis my infertility. I remember having to pay for the fertility injections, of course and my husbands labs and sperm washing.
2009 - 2010
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
Our first meeting with Dr Vaughn was interesting. He was not particularly warm and friendly. But he was honest and provided good information. We decided to move forward. As we actually got to know him over those next several months, he became friendlier and we could tell he truly cared. He is very good at what he does. The first time I became pregnant he was very honest and made us aware that the "numbers" from the blood work did not look promising but he also made sure we saw it as a positive that I COULD ACTUALLY GET PREGNANT. Ultimately, we did miscarry early on in the pregnancy which we were not surprised from Dr Vaughn's counseling. Our next session of IUI, he let us know we had twins and seemed truly excited for us. We took the boys up to visit him and the nurses when they were about 1 yr old and he was very kind.
Do not judge him on the first couple meetings with him. He warms up through the process. If you're looking for a hand holder, just know it will take a little time.
Dr Vaughn spent a lot of time with my husband and I answering our multiple questions. Advised us on all of our options due to our age, frustration and discussing moving forward with IVF. Ultimately the last IUI cycle we were going to try worked but it was nice to feel informed.
I truly don't remember all the drugs. The details I do remember are this: There is lots of blood work! Dr Vaughn did an exploratory surgery on me to try to diagnose my infertility. I had a previous myomyectomy (fibroid removal) with by normal ob gyn before I began treatment with Dr V. Dr V found some endrometriosis and the fibroid growing back so took care of what he could during that laproscopic surgery. We used fertility injections. I was seen very regularly for bllod work and ultrasounds while taking the injections to monitor the follicles for size. My first round I ovulated early so we did not get to do the IUI. My second round of injections they added another shot to keep me from ovulating. Once my follicles were of the proper size to release, I had another shot to actually stimulate the ovulation. The next day my husband would provide a sperm sample that they washed and the IUI was done that afternoon. I think it took a couple times for the meds to be correct and they learn your cycles. I do remember one cycle my ovaries were overstimulated because of the fertility drugs and I had to rest for a month which at the time was very frustrating. My first pregnancy resulted in miscarriage. But the second (which was just the cycle after) I found out we were pregnancy with twins and the numbers looked great. Dr V followed me for the first 12 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center.
The nurses and staff were always very kind and efficient. Could not have asked for more.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
I have no complaints with the clinic. Just be patient as this could be a really long process. They want to succeed as much as you want to be pregnant. This process becomes all consuming. I didn't realize it at the time but it is truly all consuming. I didn't have any other kids so this was my primary focus. You will also need a job that is understanding because there are many many appointments during the process for the monitoring.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Natalie Burger always went over the plan to make sure I understand what I needed to do and the procedure was going to go. Even though none of the cycles resulted in a pregnancy, she always had a positive outlook... The first couple of IUIs we used Femara by itself uping the dose on the third IUI I believe. On the fourth and fifth IUIs, we added injection shots to give us more chances with an increase in eggs. None of the IUIs worked, so our next step would be IVF, but the costs is stopping us from proceeding any further.
The clinics [at Texas Fertility Center] were always clean. They were easy to get to if you are familiar with the area. They had supplies such as pad, tampons, etc. in the bathroom if needed. Parking was sometimes an issue, but for the most part I always found a parking spot.... My nurse was wonderful. She always responded to her email and voicemails in a timely fashion. Always got back to me if I had questions and she needed to talk with the doctor.
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
Always speak up when you don't understand something. Dr. Natalie Burger will always listen to you and your concerns.
Dr. Natalie Burger always had a warm feeling when she walked through the door and greeted me. I always felt like I could ask her anything and it wasn't a stupid question.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The clinics were always clean. They were easy to get to if you are familiar with the area. They had supplies such as pad, tampons, etc. in the bathroom if needed. Parking was sometimes an issue, but for the most part I always found a parking spot.
I don't really remember. I would say the total costs of 5 IUIs would be about $5,000.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Lisa Hansard] tells like it is! She does not sugar coat things and get your hopes up. She is honest and caring while giving you the best chances of getting pregnant, we love her!.. All of our IUI’s were unscuessful, as we are facing a MFI issue. We underwent an egg retrieval where I was put on your standard medications to produce eggs nothing extra. We received unexpected news when we only one embryo was able to be frozen out of the 14 fertilized eggs. We are doing an FET soon and will go for round two with a new course of medication if needed to be more success ful.
Our clinic [Texas Fertility Center] see’s a lot of patients every day! Even though the office is busy most of the time, I still feel like a valued patient at every corner. They really do strive to give their patients the best care and top notch facilities.... Our total cost for the whole IVF process without FET was about $10000. Not including medications. Our ultrasounds were about 200 each and the majority of that cost went to the embryology lab ($6k). The facility fee was about $1700.
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
So far through our year with her she has been absolutely great! We have had some set backs that were not forseable and we have adjusted course and she is even communicating with other doctors in the area to help create a plan of action!
She tells like it is! She does not sugar coat things and get your hopes up. She is honest and caring while giving you the best chances of getting pregnant, we love her!
Dr Hansard always treats us with respect and kindness!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Virginia Brown)
“Ginny” is great and is always available to answer any questions I have during my first cycle of IVF which can be quite scary but she made it a breeze.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Our clinic see’s a lot of patients every day! Even though the office is busy most of the time, I still feel like a valued patient at every corner. They really do strive to give their patients the best care and top notch facilities.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
My infertility was due to advanced maternal age. Dr. Hansard prescribed a more aggressive treatment cycle so I could produce an optimal number of eggs. My egg retrieval was more successful than what was anticipated.... Dr. Hansard was professional and knowledgeable. Despite our low chance for success, Dr. Hansard and her staff were always positive. She offered us a Plan B in case our off cycle was not successful. Even though we did not get the result we hoped for, we felt like we received the best, most professional care. We are still planning to go through our Plan B and will go back to Dr. Hansard to see it through.
The clinic [Texas Fertility Center-Austin] was very well organized. Big staff. Each person specializes in one aspect of the clinic. Everything ran smoothly and we were never left waiting. They have several clinics around town which is very convenient.... Total was about $19,000. This included genetic testing for embryo and medication.... The nurse and nursing staff were always quick to respond to any questions. Everyone was professional and caring.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Hansard was very knowledgeable and was up to date with the latest research. She has the perfect mix of bluntness and caring. She was always on time with appointments and made us feel like we were important.
If you want a positive experience for a stressful situation like off, go see Dr. Hansard.
We went to Dr. Hansard because we felt like our previous doctor acted more like a salesman. Dr. Hansard was professional and knowledgeable. Despite our low chance for success, Dr. Hansard and her staff were always positive. She offered us a Plan B in case our off cycle was not successful. Even though we did not get the result we hoped for, we felt like we received the best, most professional care. We are still planning to go through our Plan B and will go back to Dr. Hansard to see it through.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The clinic was very well organized. Big staff. Each person specializes in one aspect of the clinic. Everything ran smoothly and we were never left waiting. They have several clinics around town which is very convenient.
Dr. Hansard does not recommend multiple embryo transfer because it risky to health of babies and mother.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Burger was very warm and candid while working with me. I had a pregnancy that ended up being an abnormal so I to return and try again. She was very compassionate....She was very knowledgeable and outlined many different options. I appreciated the fact that she did not jump to the most expensive option but wanted to try cheaper solutions first. She was very sensitive towards financial limitations also. She was personable and positive...
This clinic [Texas Fert Ctr - Aus Central] is available at all hours. They are very organized. When another doctor has to see you, they have no problem figuring out your plan. The clinic is reachable by phone or email and they have an after hours nurse line. I never sat around for a long time waiting. It was in and out. They also have an IVF lab associated with them....Dr Burger was very warm and candid while working with me.... She was personable and positive.
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
We decided to go with the least invasive strategy first. I did 3 IUI's before getting pregnant. All were without medicine. After I returned to fertility treatments again we decided together to try fertility meds because she thought stimulating my ovaries would increase the quality of the eggs. AFter that IUI did not work (due to low motile sperm count probably) a cyst developed on one ovary so we decided to not use meds on the next round. I became pregnant.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
This clinic is available at all hours. They are very organized. When another doctor has to see you, they have no problem figuring out your plan. The clinic is reachable by phone or email and they have an after hours nurse line. I never sat around for a long time waiting. It was in and out. They also have an IVF lab associated with them.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Munch broke down all the options available based on my diagnosis. She explained her reasoning behind prescriptions and procedures. She really took the time to make sure we understood each time we were in her office. Our first IUI with her resulted in a pregnancy....Dr. Munch was very clear on her plans for us and her reasoning behind every decision. She gave us best case scenario for the highest probability of a successful pregnancy. Her goal is to get you pregnant and not suck the money out of you.
The wait time [Texas Fertility Center] were sometimes long at the end of the day but it could also be from other patients appointments running longer than anticipated. They helped me shop around for the best pricing on medications as well. When I walked out of my appointment, they were prepared with my paperwork. It is not a huge staff so I am pretty familiar with the faces in the office....I had most of my interaction with Dr. Munch, but the nurses had a system that worked great.
How was your experience with Erika Munch at Texas Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erika Munch at Texas Fertility Center?
Trust her! She knows and understand and woman’s body. She is confident in all her recommendations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erika Munch at Texas Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Erika Munch used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
First IUI with clomid and follistim injections. After we had some good sized follicles we used ovidrel.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The wait time were sometimes long at the end of the day but it could also be from other patients appointments running longer than anticipated. They helped me shop around for the best pricing on medications as well. When I walked out of my appointment, they were prepared with my paperwork. It is not a huge staff so I am pretty familiar with the faces in the office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erika Munch at Texas Fertility Center.
IUI -$220 Sonograms-$216
Describe Erika Munch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Fertility Center.
Erika Munch
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Erika Munch at Texas Fertility Center.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
Dr. Silverberg is incredibly knowledgeable about the most up-to-date research related to infertility. He thoroughly answers any questions we have. We've be pleased with the treatment received thus far. At times we have a very long wait which it seems could be due to over-scheduling.... Dr. Silverberg does individualized treatment plans which is very appreciated. At times the long wait times made us feel more like a "number".
TFC seems to be a well-oiled machine. The staff are all knowledgeable and willing to work with you to be sure you understand your treatment, medications, process, etc. They work with you on scheduling. As noted, at times there are long wait times which can be frustrating.... Ashley has been wonderful to work with so far. She is thorough and answers all of my questions (more than once if needed). She makes sure things are in place for the weekend if you have to call the on-call nurse.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Kaylen Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center?
Come prepared with questions and don't hesitate to call back with questions. He is happy to answer them. Also, bring a book for waittimes.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Dr. Silverberg seems pretty adamant about only transferring one embryo at a time, which we are comfortable with.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Hansard is very willing to work with you and doesn’t not push her beliefs. She does select the protocol that has shown to work well for your personal situation. She is very compassionate and cares about her patients and does not push you into anything you are uncomfortable with!... We did an estrogen priming protocol with clomid, follistim, and high dose menopur. This works well to recruit follicles in DOR patients.
Texas Fertilty Center is a very good clinic. They have a good process and are able to see patients 7 days a week. The staff is kind and knowledgeable! They are also very organized so you always know what you are doing... My nurse was very supportive throughout the whole process. She was very responsive and helped make sure I always knew what to do.... [Cost of Treatment] 13k for ivf and transfer and 7 k for meds.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Hansard is very willing to work with you and doesn’t not push her beliefs. She does select the protocol that has shown to work well for your personal situation. She is very compassionate and cares about her patients and does not push you into anything you are uncomfortable with! She explains everything in detail.
Open up to her about all your concerns and you will feel much better after discussing with her.
She listens to me and answers any question in detail and wants to make sure i understand.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Texas Fertilty Center is a very good clinic. They have a good process and are able to see patients 7 days a week. The staff is kind and knowledgeable! They are also very organized so you always know what you are doing !
13k for ivf and transfer and 7 k for meds.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
He’s [Dr. Thomas Vaughn] very knowledgeable and communicates well. He performed surgery on my fibroids and tried his best to help my husband and I achieve a pregnancy. We lived outside of Austin so it made appointments with Dr Vaughn in person difficult and I had to deal with nurses more than I would like.... Dr Vaughn calls and discusses results personally. He explains everything clearly.... The first cycle with my eggs, we only had one embryo. The second cycle with donor eggs we had 2 embryos. They recommended eset. Since it was negative I guess I am glad we didn’t use both but I think we had a better chance of one taking if we had used multiple embryos.
If you’re not local, I don’t really recommend them [TX Fertility Center]. We lived in Austin when we started and stayed with them because we liked Dr Vaughn. But it’s been very difficult both times trying to coordinate transfers and other procedures while living out of town.... My nurse on the last cycle didn’t understand I was very sensitive to estradiol and my BP spiked to very high dangerous levels because she wasn’t listening to me.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
He’s very knowledgeable and communicates well. He performed surgery on my fibroids and tried his best to help my husband and I achieve a pregnancy. We lived outside of Austin so it made appointments with Dr Vaughn in person difficult and I had to deal with nurses more than I would like.
Find out what it will really cost. It’s very expensive. Much more than the estimates. Because meds aren’t included. Find a cheaper way to get your meds. Their pharmacy is expensive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Leanne Bellamy )
She was awful. I ended up being assigned a new nurse. She didn’t convey messages in a timely manner to the doctor. I had to cancel my transfer because of her screwing up my meds.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
If you’re not local, I don’t really recommend them. We lived in Austin when we started and stayed with them because we liked Dr Vaughn. But it’s been very difficult both times trying to coordinate transfers and other procedures while living out of town.
I did outside monitoring

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Be prepared that it will not be a warm and fuzzy experience, but she [Dr. Natalie Burger] will be kind and tactful.... Started with progesterone suppositories to try and lengthen my LP, then IUI with Femara. Upped my Femara dose for IUI #2 to 7.5 mg and added Estradiol with the progesterone, reducing Estradiol dose for IUI #3 because it made me very moody and irritable. My LP has lengthened to 12-14 days with this protocol, but no pregnancy yet.
It’s been pretty easy to get appointments [at Texas Fertility Center-South Austin], but there is not much availability for early morning. The south location also has some limitations, so I’ve needed to go to the main office a few times. You’ll just need to be flexible sometimes... My primary nurse and the on call nurse have both been outstanding and uplifting... have a dedicated nurse that is very easy to reach, and her bedside manner is kind while also being clinical and realistic
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
I don’t think this is really Dr. Burger’s fault because I have done a ton of research and the terminology and basic plan was familiar to me already, but my husband has been confused about the plan and next steps.
Be prepared that it will not be a warm and fuzzy experience, but she will be kind and tactful.
I never feel rushed, I have a dedicated nurse that is very easy to reach, and her bedside manner is kind while also being clinical and realistic
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center.
My primary nurse and the on call nurse have both been outstanding and uplifting
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
It’s been pretty easy to get appointments, but there is not much availability for early morning. The south location also has some limitations, so I’ve needed to go to the main office a few times. You’ll just need to be flexible sometimes.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr.Vaughn has amazing bedside manner....Dr. Vaughn is patient and always optimistic, which helps in a gloomy time.... His bedside manner is spectacular. Always remembers who you are, your case, and is optimistic. He has definitely seen a lot of cases and his expertise is something I trust. He retested my tubes after a doctor said my tubes were blocked, but they were just swollen from a procedure.
[Texas Fertility Center] Strengths - quality care, multiple doctors that all converse with one another Weaknesses - can be hard for doctors to build relationships with patience if their load is too large. The wait times can be long for some doctors...I liked my pre-IVF nurse better... she was more compassionate. Both IVF nurses I’ve had seem like they have no time for you....IVF nurses forget to follow up. Or sometimes the staff doesn’t give the blood test paperwork needed.
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
His bedside manner is spectacular. Always remembers who you are, your case, and is optimistic. He has definitely seen a lot of cases and his expertise is something I trust. He retested my tubes after a doctor said my tubes were blocked, but they were just swollen from a procedure. When you have to see someone as frequently has once a week, you want them to remember you and he truly seems to care about all his patients.
If you are impatient, he may not be the doctor for you. He’s very calm and humble. Come with questions, he will take the time to answer all of them.
Dr.Vaughn has amazing bedside manner. I saw another doctor at the clinic but each visit was like I was a new patient. Dr. Vaughn is patient and always optimistic, which helps in a gloomy time.
For my IVF cycle he used a lower dose to see how I’d react.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lisa (previously another woman))
So far I’ve spent 27k
We did single embryo transfers each time due to my age.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Munch is compassionate, a good listener, up to date on most recent research, and always explains things thoroughly. She cares about you before, during and after treatment. She even asked for us to come back and visit with our miracle baby. She let us start with treatment in the manner that we wanted and was very optimistic despite our grim diagnosis.
The only con that we found with this clinic [Texas Fertility Center of San Antonio] was the paperwork routine seemed a little disorganized. There were no copies of paper work given to us so it was at times difficult to remember what we had discussed or certain protocols..... $10,000 for 3 rounds of IUI and 3 medicated times intercourse cycles.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Erika Munch at Texas Fertility Center?
Be patient and trust the procsss, and Dr. Munch. She’s incredibly talented and great at her job.
Dr. Munch took the time to help us understand our diagnosis and what our treatment options were. She made me feel like she cared with her actions and words.
We used IUI with follistim and clomid, overlapping for a few days.
Communication could be a lot better. Most nurses were friendly but it really depended on the day.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The only con that we found with this clinic was the paperwork routine seemed a little disorganized. There were no copies of paper work given to us so it was at times difficult to remember what we had discussed or certain protocols.
$10,000 for 3 rounds of IUI and 3 medicated times intercourse cycles.
Erika Munch
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Summer James] is brisk, but she never treated me as if I was unintelligent and was always willing to go over things until full understanding was reached. She accepts calls after hours that were not strictly emergency and was kind and professional even though she was off work for the day... While doing an iui with injectables Dr. James did ultrasounds fairly frequently and would adjust dosage based on what your body was actually doing. It can be more expensive, but Dr. James’ goal is a safe singleton pregnancy.
It was easy to get appointments scheduled [at Texas Fertility Center-Austin], and they would work with your schedule. A clean office that is friendly understanding. I had great experience here and would definitely recommend them to anyone who is trying to grow their family.... The staff was friendly and when I had to bring my first child with me to ultrasounds for my second iui they were helpful when I needed to reassure my child.
How was your experience with Summer James at Texas Fertility Center?
She is brisk, but she never treated me as if I was unintelligent and was always willing to go over things until full understanding was reached. She accepts calls after hours that were not strictly emergency and was kind and professional even though she was off work for the day.
Ask questions, and bring a notepad to write down the treatment plan as you go.
She remembered my name when I came back 3 years later to attempt child number 2.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
It was easy to get appointments scheduled, and they would work with your schedule. A clean office that is friendly understanding. I had great experience here and would definitely recommend them to anyone who is trying to grow their family.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Propst is a very caring and knowledgeable doctor. He has the exact amount of warmth paired with facts and reality... Super knowledgeable. His experience left us feeling like we made the best decision possible in this journey by making him our primary fertility physician. He always provides all of the facts and risks in a caring manner.... we began with around of clomid IUI. Knowing the low probability we did not anticipate much and we did get a negative test but it was a starting place for our process. next we are going to injectable IUI.
Be prepared to start your journey and move forward at the pace you want. They [Texas Fertility Center] will work with you at your pace. There is absolutely no pressure. They will fill you full of information and options. The next steps are the patients to take based on where they are emotionally and financially.... Everyone in the staff has been wonderful in making sure we are comfortable and bending over backwards to make sure we understand all of our options.
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Nothing other than if you have any questions at all don't hesitate to ask. He will spend as much time with you as you need and will explain everything thoroughly.
Since we are still at the beginning of our journey we began with around of clomid IUI. Knowing the low probability we did not anticipate much and we did get a negative test but it was a starting place for our process. next we are going to injectable IUI.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Be prepared to start your journey and move forward at the pace you want. They will work with you at your pace. There is absolutely no pressure. They will fill you full of information and options. The next steps are the patients to take based on where they are emotionally and financially.
$1000 for clomid IUI
we have not experienced this yet.
+ Read more- Read less

I love that he [Dr. Vaughn] has been in this field for a long time. He is funny and kind and took the time to answer all of our questions. He was ready to proceed as fast or slow as we wanted. He did not seem to be in a rush or interested in his next patient, which is something our last doctor did. He is also very gentle during exams.... My emotions, prior knowledge and busy life were all acknowledged.... Recommended either laparoscopy or IVF but leaving that up to us.
Again, we are so relieved to be seen promptly. The waiting room [Texas Fertility Center] is spacious and has a huge fish tank, which is calming to watch before an appointment. Everything is clean and spacious and you aren’t running into other patients when checking out.... We are seen immediately, which is huge because our last clinic would leave us waiting for forever to be seen. The nurses are all super sweet and feel like family members. They work as a team and get what needs to be done done.
How was your experience with Thomas Vaughn at Texas Fertility Center?
I love that he has been in this field for a long time. He is funny and kind and took the time to answer all of our questions. He was ready to proceed as fast or slow as we wanted. He did not seem to be in a rush or interested in his next patient, which is something our last doctor did. He is also very gentle during exams.
He’s an old man so it’s kind of like talking to your dad so just be prepared for that aspect.
My emotions, prior knowledge and busy life were all acknowledged.
Exam, genetic testing, looking at egg reserve. Recommended either laparoscopy or IVF but leaving that up to us. We are now deciding which to do.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kathryn Boepple)
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Again, we are so relieved to be seen promptly. The waiting room is spacious and has a huge fish tank, which is calming to watch before an appointment. Everything is clean and spacious and you aren’t running into other patients when checking out.
7 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Lisa Hansard is a good communicator and has a very positive attitude. I didn't feel though that she offered many options aside from the standard IVF conservative treatment options. I had to bring research and options to the table to discuss for subsequent cycles.... Started with IUI's since I had never tried to get pregnant. When 6 IUI's ended in failure, we moved on to IVF.... My first IVF cycle was a total failure with no embryos making it to the blastocyst stage. My second IVF resulted in 2 abnormal embryos.
Very organized and efficient. Clean and comfortable. This clinic is quite costly and charges or everything individually. There are no offered discounts or package offerings to keep costs down.... Disconnect between the primary nurse and Dr. Hansard.... Very kind and responsive, yet not always in sync with Dr. Hansard on instructions for the patient.... Often myself as the patient knew more about next steps and protocols than the nurse.
7 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Only see Lisa Hansard if you do not have overwhelming challenges with your fertility. If your case is fairly straightforward and likely to result in a positive outcome, she would be a good choice.
Developed a personal relationship where we could discuss issues openly.
Started with IUI's since I had never tried to get pregnant. When 6 IUI's ended in failure, we moved on to IVF. My first IVF cycle was a total failure with no embryos making it to the blastocyst stage. My second IVF resulted in 2 abnormal embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia)
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Very organized and efficient. Clean and comfortable. This clinic is quite costly and charges or everything individually. There are no offered discounts or package offerings to keep costs down. Unnecessary ultrasounds were ordered.
IVF - 25K IUI - $2000
2014 - 2017
Dr Vaughn was always the one to call with any questions or test results. Dr Vaughn did all of my procedures and the only time I wasnt able to see Dr Vaughn is when we had Sunday appointments and he wasnt on call. There was never a time that I left his office unclear of what was next....the whole process is very overwhelming , but Dr Vaughn will guide you through it all...I did the Lupron protocol. My treatment was pretty simple since our IVF was due to male fertility issues.
The only weakness was the wait times. They wernt horrible but they could work on that. Everyone in the office [Texas Fert Ctr] truly care and are so helpful. I do wish they offered financing in house....My primary nurse was absolutely amazing. I could get ahold of her any time and she was so helpful...Dr Vaughn always remembered who we were and always personally called me with any info or test results... the only time I wasnt able to see Dr Vaughn is when we had Sunday appointments and he wasnt on call.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The only weakness was the wait times. They wernt horrible but they could work on that. Everyone in the office truly care and are so helpful. I do wish they offered financing in house. If they did we would have started another round there already.
I feel like they may be a little higher than some clinics and everything has to be paid upfront
Dr Vaughn was very pro single embryo transfer unless you were very addement on it or if he felt like it was best for you.