Texas Tech University Health Sciences

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
3502 9th St
Lubbock, TX 79415
806.743.4256
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Texas Tech University Health Sciences to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 2Neutral: 19.3
2 doctors
Other, Unexplained
The clinic [Texas Tech University Health Sciences] overall makes you feel at home and answers any questions you have... I would recommend a new patient because are so kind and want to make your dreams come true...As I come in they [nurses] greet me back and start the ultrasounds. Very gentle and welcoming. They answer any questions I have and lead me to what I need to do next.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Texas Tech University Health Sciences.
The clinic overall makes you feel at home and answers any questions you have. I believe the weakness would be the overall cost of their treatment. Very expensive. I would recommend a new patient because are so kind and want to make your dreams come true.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Phy at Texas Tech University Health Sciences?
Was seen after an ectopic pregnancy and she was very compassionate and understanding but most of all encouraging and optimistic. Very thorough, professional and over all the ideal doctor.
As I come in they greet me back and start the ultrasounds. Very gentle and welcoming. They answer any questions I have and lead me to what I need to do next.
How was your experience with Jennifer Phy at Texas Tech University Health Sciences?
Dr. Phy and her staff are truly the best at what they do!!! They explain everything so well and make you feel like family. I recommend anyone with fertility issues come here!!! She is so welcoming. On my first visit she hugged me and it made me feel so loved.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Phy at Texas Tech University Health Sciences?
Working with Dr. Phy was a great experience! She was very kind and warm to us even in our darkest time. I have never met a doctor like her. I would recommend her to anyone who is having fertility issues. The rest of the staff was also amazing!
Describe the protocols Jennifer Phy used in your cycles at Texas Tech University Health Sciences and their degree of success.
I started on Femara 2.5 mg twice daily on cycle days 3-5. I also went in for a baseline ultrasound on days 1-3. She wanted me to come in for another ultrasound to check my follicles on cycle days 10-13. If my follicles reached 18mm on my right ovary then I could trigger with Ovidril. If not I would have to try again the next month. I lost my left tube due to ectopic pregnancy and my follicles are only maturing in my left ovary. So now I have to do In Vitro Fertilization.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Phy at Texas Tech University Health Sciences.
In Vitro Fertilization: Package price is 10,698.00 Additional services: Hospital charges- $750 ICIS- $668 Cryopreservation of embryos- $474 Assisted hatching- $900 Insemenation of oocytes- $686 Embryo storage for a year $750 PGS/PGD- $2,000
Jennifer Phy
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
They [Texas Tech U Health Sciences] have a great new location. There is sometimes a wait, but that's because the staff are so involved and take the time to listen to all of the patients. They are very easy to work with and they are always extra careful to check out insurance restrictions prior to making any testing or procedure plans.... They made sure to call me with lab results even though it was 5 o'c lock on a Friday. They had also rushed the lab to get the results to me before the weekend.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Texas Tech University Health Sciences.
They have a great new location. There is sometimes a wait, but that's because the staff are so involved and take the time to listen to all of the patients. They are very easy to work with and they are always extra careful to check out insurance restrictions prior to making any testing or procedure plans.
She is very considerate of our feelings and takes time to listen to us and explains things thoroughly. She is never in a rush.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Tech University Health Sciences. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
What specific things went wrong at Texas Tech University Health Sciences?
She seems to want to follow the patient's lead. She presents all options and listens to all of our concerns. She never rushes us out, and will even do an examination if I request it. Her staff is very considerate as well and do everything they can to help us out with appointments or prescription refills.
She is worth the wait to get into. I know it takes months to get in as a new patient, but follow up visits are scheduled much quicker.
She let us try femara and clomid. With Clomid she was very careful to monitor my follicle growth since I had a high risk pregnancy previously and she did not want me to conceive multiples. She has wanted to do an exploratory laparoscopy on me for quite some time, which I keep denying because I have a busy son at home, but her logic is sound and she has been very patient with me while I am still on the fence about it.
My insurance covered the femara, and I paid for Clomid out of pocket. The visits with Dr. Phy are coded for PCOS preventative care so my insurance covers those.
Jennifer Phy
Lubbock
We rarely had to wait over 10 min [at Texas Tech Reproductive Center]. It was easy to schedule appointments and check out. The staff was very friendly, they all tried to know you. I did not like that the blood draw area was not private. There were 2 blood chairs and the restroom was off that room.... IUI was approx $1500 IVF retrieval started around$12,000 Retrieval meds
Describe your experience with Texas Tech University Health Sciences.
We rarely had to wait over 10 min. It was easy to schedule appointments and check out. The staff was very friendly, they all tried to know you. I did not like that the blood draw area was not private. There were 2 blood chairs and the restroom was off that room.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaou-Chen Huang at Texas Tech University Health Sciences?
The Dr, nurses and even receptionist genuinely cared about us, our personal lives and we'll being.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Tech University Health Sciences. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
She was kind, professional and caring.
How was your experience with Jaou-Chen Huang at Texas Tech University Health Sciences?
He was always very detailed and optimistic. Sadly our fertility treatment was unsuccessful but I did become pregnant naturally a month after he performed surgery on me. We are now pregnant with our second child. He removed a septum on my uterus, scar tissue, cleaned my tubes and scraped my uterus. I had 3 miscarriages prior to seeing Dr Huang.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaou-Chen Huang at Texas Tech University Health Sciences?
Voice all f your concerns. There are no stupid questions. You are paying for their help.
Describe the protocols Jaou-Chen Huang used in your cycles at Texas Tech University Health Sciences and their degree of success.
We tried 3 IUIs first. My body created cysts from Clomid so we tried a different drug. We then did 1 egg retrieval and 2 frozen transfers. Unfortunately 1 embryo did not survive the thawing process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jaou-Chen Huang at Texas Tech University Health Sciences.
IUI was approx $1500 IVF retrieval started around$12,000 Retrieval meds
Describe Jaou-Chen Huang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Tech University Health Sciences.
He recommended only transferring 1 embryo. Which we did the first cycle. The second time we used our remaining two and were still unsuccessful.
Jaou-Chen Huang