Genetic counseling: Offered
Schaumburg
1900 E. Golf Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60173
847-593-1040
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute to a friend?

6.7

1 doctor
2019 - 2020
I thought the monitoring appointments [at The Advanced Gynecological Surgery Institute] were a well-oiled machine. It's monitoring, I didn't want to be there forever, they don't want me to be there forever. It was personal enough that I didn't feel rushed but fast enough it didn't take up my whole day... If you call and you have to leave a voicemail for receptionist they always called back. If you called and left a message for the nurse, they most likely sent a portal message but would sometimes call back. They were very upfront with the fact that I may not hear back from them with results or instructions for the day until 5:00 at night or later depending on Dr. Miller's schedule. If he was in surgeries all day, you may have to wait longer to get your results. But they always got back to me. There is an after hours number that you can call. I only had to use it once but they answered my question and all was well. Weaknesses- if you really want to talk to someone every time about medication changes or see the dr every time you go to the clinic, you will not. You have to wait for your blood results and further instructions of medications for the following day or that evening until late in the evening sometimes. Every time I met with Dr. Miller, I never had a question or doubt that he didn't have my best interests in mind. He was thorough and he knew where I was in cycle and where he need to get me to be ready for a transfer.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute?
Dr. Miller is like the Wonderful Wizard of Oz to me. I always knew he was there but I didn't always see him. I was ok with that though. I did not see him every time I had an ultrasound or blood draw but he reviewed my results and a nurse would get back to me the same day. If I had questions about what they told me, they would contact him and get back to me, so I knew he was always around. I liked that when I saw him walking around the hallways, he always had energy and was most likely singing. Our first consultation with Dr. Miller, he addressed some health issue that some doctors had skimmed over previously, thyroid and low blood sugar. He also addressed the premature labor I went through with my daughter which other doctors had not. Like I said, I did not see Dr. Miller for routine check-ups. I saw Dr. Miller for more important matter, when I had a HSG, before, during and after septum reduction surgery, before and after egg retrieval, and before and after embryo transfer. He told us what to expect and then after what happened and where we would go from there.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles Miller at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute?
He is a very busy man. His clinic is not only for fertility patients, he also does gynecology surgeries. He is in surgery 2-3 times a week. You communicate a lot with the nurses, so if you are looking for a doctor you are going to see every time you have an appointment, he is not the doctor for you. I was ok with not seeing him every appointment. He is not the first fertility doctor I've gone too and I did not feel like I needed to see him every time I was in the office because I felt like he was still taking care of me and I was getting what I needed from him without seeing him face to face.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles Miller at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute?
I felt that I was treated like a human because of Dr. Miller's staff. When undergoing fertility treatments, you are at the doctor's office often and you get to know the nurses. I always felt welcome. When I was getting blood drawn or an ultrasound the staff would talk to me like a person and give me encouragement. They would ask how I was doing and feeling. One of the sonographers/nurses I became close with and when I was upset she would hug me and give me hope that it was going to be ok. Dr. Miller is a very busy man. Although I didn't see him often, I saw him when it was important. When he met with me, he talked to me like a person. He would explain procedures or where we were at in the process and not talk down to me. He would give me time to ask questions and make sure all of my questions were answered. If I was given instructions from a nurse that I had questions about, they would contact Dr. Miller and give me an explanation as to why he was doing what he was doing.
Describe the protocols Charles Miller used in your cycles at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute and their degree of success.
The first thing Dr. Miller told me was that I was going to have surgery before I went through an IVF cycle. He did not feel that IUI was safe for me to try again because of the amount of follicles that I have. He had me begin taking vitamin supplements Pregnitude, CoQ10, and Vitamin D. Metformin for low blood sugar and Levythyroxine for thyroid. My daughter was born 10 weeks early. He believed that I need to have septum reduction surgery to make more room in my uterus for a baby to grow to prevent giving birth to a premature baby. I had the surgery in May 2019. We began our first IVF cycle in July of 2019. I apologize I cannot remember all the of doses of everything because it was a year ago now. I was taking Menopur Follistim Lupron Levonox (blood thinner) Prenatal vitamin and supplements From Day 3 to Day 7, I had over 50 follicles growing. I had some very large ones and my estrogen was very high. He cut back on my doses. I started to even out but then my hormone levels dropped significantly so the cycle was cancelled. We tried again in October 2019. We used the same medications Menopur Follistim Lupron Levonox (blood thinner) Prenatal vitamin and supplements I returned to the clinic a day earlier for my levels to be checked. We cut back on Follistim again because I had a good number of follicles growing at the same rate. We did a successful egg retrieval that cycle but had to do a freeze cycle for fear of me hyperstimulating if we did a fresh transfer. December 2019 we began a freeze cycle ( I still have these instructions saved) - Tue 12/10/2019: o Prenatal Vit 1 -, As directed. o Lovenox 40 mg, 40mg SC once daily o Estrace PO 2 mg, Take 2 mg by mouth every evening as directed o Baby Aspirin 81 mg, Take 81 mg tablet by mouth every day as directed - Wed 12/11/2019: o Levothyroxine 25 mcg, Take one tablet by mouth daily. o Prenatal Vit 1 -, As directed. o Lovenox 40 mg, 40mg SC once daily o Lupron 5 units, Inject 5 units subcutaneously between 5-9 AM, as directed o Estrace PO 2 mg, take 2mg every morning as directed o Estrace PO 2 mg, Take 2 mg by mouth every evening as directed o Progesterone in sesame oil 50 mg/ml, Inject 50 mg (1ml) PM o Baby Aspirin 81 mg, Take 81 mg tablet by mouth every day as directed o Zithromax 250 mg, Take one tablet in the morning. - Thu 12/12/2019: o Levothyroxine 25 mcg, Take one tablet by mouth daily. o Prenatal Vit 1 -, As directed. o Lovenox 40 mg, 40mg SC once daily o Estrace PO 2 mg, take 2mg every morning as directed o Estrace PO 2 mg, Take 2 mg by mouth every evening as directed o Progesterone in sesame oil 50 mg/ml, Inject 50 mg (1ml) PM o Baby Aspirin 81 mg, Take 81 mg tablet by mouth every day as directed o Zithromax 250 mg, Take one tablet in the morning. o Medrol 16 mg, Take 1 tablet daily at bed time as directed After the procedure, Progesterone in sesame oil 75 ml
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute. (Assigned nurse: Taryn)
The first care coordinator we had was Monica and she went over all of the details and medications I would be taking and how to administer all of them. Due to balancing caseloads our care coordinator was Taryn. I did not see her face to face often she would send me portal messages or follow up with me while I was at the office if I had questions. She was very nice and supportive. Courtney was one of the sonographers that was awesome. She was down to earth. She cared about how I was feeling. She offered encouragement and would give me a hug if I was feeling down. The nurse that drew my blood was always up beat and would ask how I was doing. Always had a smile on her face. The other two sonographers were always pleasant and would give me positive feedback. One of the IVF nurses was always ready to answer questions and offered support when needed.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
Strengths - someone will always get back to you. If you call and you have to leave a voicemail for receptionist they always called back. If you called and left a message for the nurse, they most likely sent a portal message but would sometimes call back. They were very upfront with the fact that I may not hear back from them with results or instructions for the day until 5:00 at night or later depending on Dr. Miller's schedule. If he was in surgeries all day, you may have to wait longer to get your results. But they always got back to me. There is an after hours number that you can call. I only had to use it once but they answered my question and all was well. Weaknesses- if you really want to talk to someone every time about medication changes or see the dr every time you go to the clinic, you will not. You have to wait for your blood results and further instructions of medications for the following day or that evening until late in the evening sometimes. Every time I met with Dr. Miller, I never had a question or doubt that he didn't have my best interests in mind. He was thorough and he knew where I was in cycle and where he need to get me to be ready for a transfer.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
I thought the monitoring appointments were a well-oiled machine. It's monitoring, I didn't want to be there forever, they don't want me to be there forever. It was personal enough that I didn't feel rushed but fast enough it didn't take up my whole day. Monitoring appointments had to be scheduled before 10:00 am for same day results. The clinic would start seeing patients at 6:00 am I believe.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles Miller at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
My insurance luckily paid for my fertility treatments. After I reached my $500 deductible, I had a 10% co-pay until I met my out of pocket max of $1,500. I can say that I had my first consultation in February. I had one appointment in March and two in April to prep for my surgery. I had surgery in May and by June I met my out of pocket max. When I started my IVF cycle in July I had met my out of pocket max and I did not pay anything from July - December. I was very fortunate. I did receive EOB's most monitoring appointments cost around $350 each appointment. The retrieval and transfer each cost between $3,000-$4,000
Describe Charles Miller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
Dr. Miller said that he would only transfer one embryo for our first transfer. I am in good health and since I had been able to get pregnant successfully at a previous time he did not feel that we needed to transfer more than one. Also, I am at high risk of having multiples because of the amount of follicles that I have that he did not feel it was safe to transfer more than one at this time. We didn't discuss transferring more than one. If the procedure would not have been successful maybe it would have been a discussion at a later time.
Naperville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.

2020
Every time that my husband and I have sat down with Dr. Miller, he has given us his full attention, and it's evident that he has carefully reviewed our records and results. He seems very genuine in his interactions and has given us adequate time to ask questions about next steps. ... Dr. Miller's diagnostic testing was extensive and included several tests that our previous clinic did not include, which provided us with valuable information. In addition, Dr. Miller took into account the fact that we are self-pay patients and proposed a treatment option that will not only be more affordable for us but that also has excellent potential.
Results are not consistently uploaded into the patient portal, but I have always received results either via phone call or the portal. ... I have only been with the clinic [The Advanced Gynecologic Surg Inst] a few months, but every interaction that I've had with the nursing staff has been positive. I have heard and read many reviews about the staff communication being terrible. However, every time I have called, I have received a call back either that same day or the next day. I do think the office is likely understaffed, but everyone seems to be doing the best they can.
2020
My husband and I have not yet completed a treatment cycle with Dr. Miller, but we will be starting treatment soon. Dr. Miller's diagnostic testing was extensive and included several tests that our previous clinic did not include, which provided us with valuable information. In addition, Dr. Miller took into account the fact that we are self-pay patients and proposed a treatment option that will not only be more affordable for us but that also has excellent potential. I appreciate him sharing exact figures with us in terms of the likelihood of success with each treatment option so that we could make an educated decision. It is also worth noting that Dr. Miller found a cancerous tumor in one of my sister's ovaries during surgery for endometriosis last year. Prior to the surgery, my sister did not know that she had ovarian cancer. Not all doctors send in tissue for biopsy, but Dr. Miller does, and his decision to do so saved my sister's life. My family will forever be grateful to Dr. Miller for finding her cancer early. With his help, she was able to successfully freeze two embryos prior to beginning chemotherapy for future transfers.
He is often running behind schedule, and it takes some time to get an appointment with him, but he is worth the wait!
N/A - have not yet begun treatment
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute. (Assigned nurse: Tarin)
I have only been with the clinic a few months, but every interaction that I've had with the nursing staff has been positive. I have heard and read many reviews about the staff communication being terrible. However, every time I have called, I have received a call back either that same day or the next day. I do think the office is likely understaffed, but everyone seems to be doing the best they can.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
As with anything when it comes to your health, it's important to always be your own advocate because no one will advocate better for you than you! Some people have complained about the communication at this office. However, my suggestion would be to keep calling until you get a response. Everyone that I have interacted with at this clinic has been very kind and attentive.
There were a few diagnostic tests that were not covered by insurance: OAR (Ovarian Assessment Report), CAP score, and DNA fragmentation. For self-pay patients, a round of Invocell IVF is $7400 plus meds, and a round of traditional IVF is approximately $14,000 plus meds and additional fees.
What specific things went wrong at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
Results are not consistently uploaded into the patient portal, but I have always received results either via phone call or the portal. No results have gone missing.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr Miller was very confident in his approach. He reviewed my charts and listened to our needs and set a plan accordingly. Discussions with him, which were very few were prompt and quick. ... We did many cycles of times intercourses, chlomid, injectables, and iui. ... This resulted in ohss which they said was normal for that number of eggs. after what felt like an eternity, I was able to transfer, (he would only allow one embryo). This resulted in a successful transfer and is my current 11 week pregnancy.
The nurses and office staff [Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Inst] made many mistakes, were rude, and short. Very hard to get ahold of them. ... The nurses and office clinic were terribly unorganized. They made several mistakes and I really had to advocate for my own journey and stay on top of the nurses. It is rare to get a callback and if so, the calls are quick and usually not helpful. There is no way to get a hold of them through the portal and made asking questions or clarifying things near impossible.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr Miller was very confident in his approach. He reviewed my charts and listened to our needs and set a plan accordingly. Discussions with him, which were very few were prompt and quick. I don’t feel there was ever any follow up with him. Only his nurses. No way to contact the dr with concerns or frustrations. All communication was through the nurses. He did however get me a viable pregnancy so far.
Advocate for yourself. Stay on top of your health and your journey.
The nurses and office staff made many mistakes, were rude, and short. Very hard to get ahold of them. Dr. Miller was very kind but not sure any of them ever recognized me individually each time I went it.
We did many cycles of times intercourses, chlomid, injectables, and iui. Some of these cycles canceled because numbers were not where they should be. Then we moved to ivf with egg retrieval resulting in 39 eggs, 13 made it to freezing. This resulted in ohss which they said was normal for that number of eggs. after what felt like an eternity, I was able to transfer, (he would only allow one embryo). This resulted in a successful transfer and is my current 11 week pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute. (Assigned nurse: Monika)
Monika was actually very kind. However I rarely heard from her, and if I did it was through the portal, rarely a phone call and only in person during consultation. She seemed organized and close to dr Miller. But we still felt like a number rather than an individual.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
The nurses and office clinic were terribly unorganized. They made several mistakes and I really had to advocate for my own journey and stay on top of the nurses. It is rare to get a callback and if so, the calls are quick and usually not helpful. There is no way to get a hold of them through the portal and made asking questions or clarifying things near impossible. By far the most frustrating part of the infertility journey!
Monitoring appointments were generally quick and easy if you scheduled as early as possible. They were usually behind after the third appointment in the morning.
Thank goodness, our insurance covered most of the charges. But this was only after they tried to tell me that my insurance did not cover anything and expected me to pay around $15000 the very next day. After many panicked calls to billing and insurance, it was sorted out but this was much added and unnecessary stress.
Because this was our first transfer, dr Miller would only allow for one single Embryo transfer. I badly wanted to transfer two. But listened to his recommendations.
What specific things went wrong at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute?
Nurses were constantly forgetting to order tests or call prescriptions into the pharmacy. Often left waiting in the waiting room if you did not check on your status. Failed to inform patients of the timing of his batch cycles.

2017 - 2019
We felt valued [by Dr. Charles Miller] and excited to start our journey. Was told that between 3 cycles of timed intercourses and 3 cycles of iui, it should work. Didn’t see the dr at all during this time...When discussing next steps, he seems distant and unaware of my personal journey...We tried several cycles of timed intercourse while trying find the correct dosage of chlomid. Then we moved in iui with chlomid. One negatives test and another failed iui cycle, we decided to skip the next dosage of chlomid iui and jump to ivf. He explained the option of iui with injectables but informed me that PCOS increases risks with this route.
Clinic [The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] was very convenient In scheduling early appointments so that I could make it to work. I usually asked for (6:00 am). Always able to get me into one of two offices available. Typically my first choice was always available! Very little wait time. Very clean office and waiting room! Comfortable ultrasound rooms!...The nurses in office we extremely friendly, and gentle, and kind during blood draws and ultrasounds. They were hard to get a hold of and very uniform with instructions. Not much option to ask questions or try to understand the whys
2017 - 2019
Dr. Miller is extremely friendly and knowledgeable about fertility. He is very positive and hopeful when dealing with new patients. He takes details and concerns into consideration. It is very hard to contact him as he is almost always in a consult with patients. He was not available for iui procedure and never saw him during monitoring process. When discussing next steps, he seems distant and unaware of my personal journey.
Don’t expect to see him much. Expect to work with mostly nurses.
The initial consultation was very positive and friendly. We felt valued and excited to start our journey. Was told that between 3 cycles of timed intercourses and 3 cycles of iui, it should work. Didn’t see the dr at all during this time. Very hard to contact the office. Always had to leave a vm and hope you didn’t miss the return call. Second consult to discuss next steps seemed very impersonal. Felt like he didn’t personalize or familiarize himself with my journey at all.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
Clinic was very convenient In scheduling early appointments so that I could make it to work. I usually asked for (6:00 am). Always able to get me into one of two offices available. Typically my first choice was always available! Very little wait time. Very clean office and waiting room! Comfortable ultrasound rooms!
Insurance has covered most of our journey so far. We are very grateful! We have paid up to $500 in medicine for each cycle

Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Miller was kind and thoughtful when he met with my husband and I. He was direct when giving the information. Even though he was direct he was compassionate and caring even as he gave us the worst news we could hear. I did not leave feeling defeated because Dr. Miller gave us a good plan to follow with our next steps... At 38 years old, I have unexplained infertility. My numbers continue to drop. Dr. Miller did the whole battery of testing with me so it was blood draws, ultrasounds, that horrid saline ultrasound, and finally removal of the polyps. He also put both my husband and I on vitamins and supplements to increase fertility when we move on to DE&gt;
I think that the timing of the office staff [Advanced IVF] getting back to you is slow because they are so busy. I think that if you are patient and kind when speaking with the staff, you will receive the same in return. There was only one unfriendly person that I came across and that could have been an off day for her...I know that the office is very busy and the staff is overwhelmed. You have to be your own advocate.,...For the most part the nursing staff was lively and kind....Just the genetic testing (which is the only thing our insurance covers) was thousands of dollars.
Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I know that Dr. Miller is skilled and highly educated in fertility. I trust his judgement and am looking forward to the next steps. Each procedure that I have had with Dr. Miller has been quick and the healing time has been minimal.
I know that the office is very busy and the staff is overwhelmed. You have to be your own advocate. Research and understand what your next step is. Reach out to people in the office to answer any kind of question you may have. Be patient, but also be your own advocate.
We have only done testing on both myself and my husband and also removal of polyps. I donated eggs to my sister and she has 3 lovely girls from my donation. At 38 years old, I have unexplained infertility. My numbers continue to drop. Dr. Miller did the whole battery of testing with me so it was blood draws, ultrasounds, that horrid saline ultrasound, and finally removal of the polyps. He also put both my husband and I on vitamins and supplements to increase fertility when we move on to DE&gt; . Even though it's more expensive with Dr. Miller, I trust that we have the best shot with him.
For the most part the nursing staff was lively and kind.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
I think that the timing of the office staff getting back to you is slow because they are so busy. I think that if you are patient and kind when speaking with the staff, you will receive the same in return. There was only one unfriendly person that I came across and that could have been an off day for her.
none
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
First He wrote down the plan for my first step of the treatment, then they took a blood test for my thyroid, prolactin and defect gens. As a result he increase my thyroid drug and my gens were fine and my prolactin was elevated. Then, he send me for ultrasound , hystorosonogram , and endometrial biopsy as a result he was able to see my big fibroid specific location, my right tube was blocked and my biopsy was good, also he wanted all my information for previews doctors and surgeries. After that, I was able to have my Mhyomectomy and He removed my big fibroid, my right Fallopian tube (because it was damage for the scar tissue) and He cleaned my liver, intestines and my uterus because all the scar tissue. Finally he put a special mash on my stomach wall to prevent the scar tissue grow again. Now as a result of the surgery I am on the next step of the treatment ,what is taking all the vitamins and thinking about the possibility of the IVF treatment to be pregnant.
From the first visit we could tell Dr. Miller was very detailed orientated and organized by the notes he took. He spoke with a high degree of confidence, but not did not boost. Dr. Miller took the time to answer all of our questions in detail and addressed misleading concerns presented to us from another doctor. We felt safe in Dr. Miller's care. The only negative was we were unable to speak with Dr. Miller after my wife's surgery.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Be patient and realize this is a process, He is sending you to several tests and procedures that may be required. over and over again
Dr Miller treated us with respect and explained in detail the entire process. Also Dr. Miller assured us he would never put my wife's health at risk.
They are organize and explained every step by the phone calls but when you see them at the clinic they need to be more organize and do not let you wait so long just for a question
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
The clinic it is very good organized, friendly and very fast
What specific things went wrong at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute?
well they call me to make an appointment for my prolactine test and told me that I need to speak with a nurse that specific day, so I was there fasting and asking for the nurse after my test and they came to see me after an hour of my appointment, She was talking to me on the waiting area were everybody was listening about my case and all my personal information I was very hungry and tired I didn't like that

2 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He [Dr. Charles Miller] is a very competent dr - one of the best in the field. He always took time to answer our questions and was very thorough. He was willing to try different protocols with me before moving to donor eggs whereas my previous dr tried one protocol two times and then said I needed to love to donor eggs, which I was not ready for. He does tend to run very late.
At the time I was there [Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] it could be disorganized at times, especially since there was not electronic record keeping. That has since changed. There was also a lot of staff turnover - I'm not sure if that has changed. Wait times for appointments and monitoring could often be long. The billing department was never an issue. Dr Miller was well worth any of the shortcomings of the clinic as a whole.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He is a very competent dr - one of the best in the field. He always took time to answer our questions and was very thorough. He was willing to try different protocols with me before moving to donor eggs whereas my previous dr tried one protocol two times and then said I needed to love to donor eggs, which I was not ready for. He does tend to run very late.
Be prepared to wait - but he is worth it!
It is a busy clinic but Dr. Miller always took as much time as necessary when meeting with you. There was some staff turnover while I was there, especially with the nurses, so sometimes I didn't always feel like they truly knew me or my case.
I do not remember my protocols.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
There was a lot of turnover at the time so it often did not feel like there was consistent communication from the nurses - I would often have to follow up or contact them when waiting for results etc. At the time I was there they did not have electronic records which also made things a bit chaotic. They have since moved to electronic record keeping and communication through a portal which I have been told has improved the situation. Most of the staff was always friendly even when things weren't the most organized.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
At the time I was there it could be disorganized at times, especially since there was not electronic record keeping. That has since changed. There was also a lot of staff turnover - I'm not sure if that has changed. Wait times for appointments and monitoring could often be long. The billing department was never an issue. Dr Miller was well worth any of the shortcomings of the clinic as a whole.
Insurance covered our care 100% after meeting our deductible. We were also able to have the costs of our donor's retrieval covered. Billing always went very smoothly - never had any issues, even with our donor.
He allowed us to transfer two but would not have done more. We felt very well informed on the risks and benefits of transferring one vs two - he ultimately left the decision up to us.
Naperville
He [Dr. Miller] was confident in his treatment plan for us. And his positive ness and confidence helped us find a some hope that it could work...he used the most aggressive protocol he had on me. But since I have DOR I really only produced 6-7 eggs that were retrievable...one did take and now I’m 31 weeks pregnant...smart and knows his stuff. I felt that he gave my husband and i options but also given his experience what he would recommend. Which we really appreciated.
I can’t think of any strengths [with the nurses at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] honestly. They didn’t always call back. I feel like if I call to ask if there’s a result in at least call me or send me a message saying results are not in. Instead I felt like I was an annoyance for asking questions or if asked for anything. I strongly believe they lacked compassion...The clinic was nice and clean. The wait time is horrible. If you have to work the morning of your test anticipate being late ALL the time. The secretaries are not friendly. They don’t look up to at least say hi half the time.
Dr Miller is smart and knows his stuff. I felt that he gave my husband and i options but also given his experience what he would recommend. Which we really appreciated. He was confident in his treatment plan for us. And his positive ness and confidence helped us find a some hope that it could work. We were blessed that one did take and now I’m 31 weeks pregnant and excited for my baby shower this weekend.
Hang in there and have a positive attitude that maybe this will be the one doctor to help you get pregnant. Ask tons of questions until you feel comfortable!
I didn’t feel so much as a number with dr Miller but with his staff I did. They weren’t as understanding or compassionate as you would want them. It’s a very difficult process to go thru.
I just remember dr Miller said he used the most aggressive protocol he had on me. But since I have DOR I really only produced 6-7 eggs that were retrievable.
I can’t think of any strengths honestly. They didn’t always call back. I feel like if I call to ask if there’s a result in at least call me or send me a message saying results are not in. Instead I felt like I was an annoyance for asking questions or if asked for anything. I strongly believe they lacked compassion.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
Medications and extra labs that Miller would request. Most to a lab that was not covered by insurance bc according to miller it’s the only lab he trusts to base his work off of. So that made things more expensive
What specific things went wrong at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute?
I just didn’t like the wait time. And the nurses not being compassionate or friendly
Naperville
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
We owe everything to Dr. Miller. He diagnosed me with a uterine septum pretty quickly after switching to his clinic from another one. During my first appointment he uncovered something was unusual with the shape of my uterus. He confirmed it while performing a D&C (the pregnancy that resulted in a miscarriage was from an IVF treatment from the previous clinic I was going to prior to seeing Dr. Miller). I spent years at another clinic that couldn't explain why I was having reoccurring miscarriages and Dr. Miller uncovered it pretty much right away. He is the most knowledgeable and comprehensive doctor in his field. The expert in infertility and uterine issues.
[The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute has] No weaknesses. They run a great practice. I always felt like I was receiving individualized care and it never felt like a cattle call. From the first appointment until I was released to my OBGYN, I had a great experience... Dr. Miller performed D&C and hysteroscopy. From there, he uncovered my uterine septum. Three months later, Dr. Miller performed surgery to repair the septum. A few months after that we did a FET that was successful!
Take a deep breath and follow Dr. Miller's instructions and recommendations. Sometimes I would get frustrated because we were doing procedures I had previously done at the previous clinic but that just goes to show that Dr. Miller is very thorough. He wants to have the uterus in perfect condition to increase the changes of conceiving. What I sometimes felt was redundant was necessary as I look back.
Dr. Miller and his staff always made my care feel personalized. Dr. Miller took the time to meet with me and my spouse to go over my history, the current issues/challenges, and what the course of action and options we had to try and become parents. He covered ALL options and was very honest, thorough, and realistic. The expectations were clear. Treatment was not a guarantee.
I did not to an egg retrieval with Dr. Miller as that was done at the previous clinic I was at. When I first came to Dr. Miller, I was pregnant from an FET performed at a different clinic. The previous doctor informed me that I would miscarry as growth had stopped around 7-8 weeks. Dr. Miller performed D&C and hysteroscopy. From there, he uncovered my uterine septum. Three months later, Dr. Miller performed surgery to repair the septum. A few months after that we did a FET that was successful!
They were thorough, knowledgeable, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
I don't really remember. Insurance covered portions of the treatment and procedures.
The choice was up to me but I only had 2 frozen embryos left. Both were good quality (A and BB). Because my uterus and lining looked perfect, we decided to transfer the best quality egg (the A) and it worked!
Naperville

I liked him just fine personally. I had read not to expect any warm fuzzies from him, but I thought he was pretty compassionate. He doesn't mince words, explains everything pretty black and white. I do feel he misled us a bit. He explains the success rates for each type of procedure, ending with there is a 40% chance of success with a PGS normal embryo, but he doesn't discuss the probability of IVF success in general. From our experience he has 2 protocols with no deviations from that...I generally liked Dr. Miller, except that he seems to only have 2 IVF protocols. After our 2nd failed IVF, he said that he would just keep doing the same protocol until we were either successful or we wanted to move onto donor egg or just gave up.
The communication between his Schaumburg and Naperville offices is also very poor. I had to wait up to an hour on several occasions for bloodwork because the Schaumburg location hadn't received the required paperwork from the Naperville location. I also had issues with their billing/finance dept which has ultimately cost me thousands of dollars unnecessarily...I also had issues with his nurses getting information wrong which was very frustrating and led to my having to request a different nurse as I didn't have confidence in the direction she was giving me.
We did the Ganirelex protocol the first time with poor results. The next time we did bcp & microdose Lupron with, in his opinion, better results. In our opinion they were the same results because ultimately both times we transferred 2 - day 3 embryos with nothing to freeze & bpn at the end. Dr. Miller said the quality of the embryos the 2nd time was better. After the 2nd failure he said that this was a numbers game and we could continue trying with my own eggs but at some point may need to consider donor eggs. He said that he would continue to do the same protocol as the 2nd time. The 3rd time we did get better results, we were able to transfer 2 - day 5 blasts, nothing to freeze. We got our bfp, which resulted in a blighted ovum at 7 weeks and D&C at 8 weeks. This was the end of January 2017. Since then, we have consulted with 3 different RE's as I can't justify continuing to do the same thing over and over & expect to get better results. The first 2 agreed that we should continue with the microdose Luptron protocol, with some changes. All 3 agreed that using birth control leading up to the cycle was not the way to go, even though that is Dr. Miller's protocol. I was told estrogen priming is better and using human growth hormone during the cycle would improve our results. Dr. Miller does not us HGH. I am disappointed in Dr. Miller in that he wasn't willing to tweak anything to see if it would help. He doesn't seem up on the latest options. I have heard he is THE BEST surgeon, but at this point, I would have to question the infertility part of his practice.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
We paid about $14,000 out of pocket for first IVF, then found out too late that my insurance would have covered the monitoring. So we are out thousands of dollars because of this.
Naperville

Dr Miller was very thorough in providing testing to determine what the best course of treatment was and why that was his recommendation. While I would have liked a little more interaction with him, the vast majority of my appointments were testing/monitoring and I could see why that is not necessary. After every test the he reivewed the results and provided timely instruction so I knew what the next steps were... I ended up in a freeze all cycle due to OHSS, which did end up landing me overnight in the hospital even with receiving medication to try and stop it.
The early morning hours for montioring were great!...My primary nurse overall was very organized and knowledgable. Occasionally she was not as compassionate as I would have liked, the other nurse that would cover for my primary when she was out was a lot more compassionate and I wish she would have been my primary....every once in a while I would not be able to get one of the early timeslots which would cause me to be late to work especially if they were running behind.
Make sure to come prepared with any and all questions that you may have. It is a lot of information to take in and you may not think of your questions while you are in the office, so write them down.
I do not remember the name of the specific protocol. I was on lupron for a couple week prior, then started taking 75 of menopur in the am and various amounts of follistim in the pm. My doses of follistim were adjusted multiple due to my reactions to the medication. I ended up in a freeze all cycle due to OHSS, which did end up landing me overnight in the hospital even with receiving medication to try and stop it. My next cycle was a FET with 2 embroyos, which was successful and I am currently 33 weeks pregnant with twins.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
The early morning hours for montioring were great! For the most part I was able to get in before work without an issue, every once in a while I would not be able to get one of the early timeslots which would cause me to be late to work especially if they were running behind.
I do not recall, I had multiple insurace policies to assist with paying. I went to the marketplace to purchase my own insurance to cover treatment since the insurance through my employer did not have coverage.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
Dr. Miller listened to my concerns and questions and answered then completely and made sure I was comfortable with the course of treatment, especially because my complications were rare. When I had a miscarriage he let me steer the cours of how proactive I wanted to be for answers. I did wait a long time for him at appointments, but I didn't mind that much because I felt like he took the time with me and he managed to squeeze me in when my treatment cycle needing changing...
They [Adv IVF - Ch Miller - Naperville] were pretty in time for blood work and ultrasounds, but behind for procedures and more intensive appointments. I loved my ultrasound techs...Sometimes I felt like what the nurse said to do after an appointment was different than what Dr Miller initially said. I always emailed him when this happened or asked for a return call...His nurses are a little formulaic in how they treat you. I did feel that sometimes they were "just making another call."...
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
Know before you go. I think he appreciated that I was an educated patient and asked thoughtful questions. I had been through IVF many times by the time I saw him so I had many questions about why his cycle plans for me were so different. Don't be afraid to email him. He responds to questions.
My questions were always answered and took the time for extra monitoring when I needed it or wanted it. Testing was thorough and we left no stone unturned. Nurses always called me back in a timely fashion. Dr Miller never rushed my appointments and talked me through all my options
Dr. Miller emphasized quality not quantity. I retrieved less eggs, but they were better rated. I also think his standards for grading embryos are very high. Once I had a miscarriage, we did a complete immune panel and found some potential issues and he treated it accordingly. For egg retrieval, I was on Gonal F and Menopur. He does estrogen support in pill form and suppositories- no patches. I also was on his supplement recommendations, lovenox for immune issues and PIO. He is super cautious and used way more PIO than my previous doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute. (Assigned nurse: Wendy, Jessica )
His nurses are a little formulaic in how they treat you. I did feel that sometimes they were "just making another call." They weren't amazing about me asking for other appointments, but I think it's because they can't manipulate his schedule. Overall, they were great, but it's a stressful process and sometimes I was frustrated.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
They were pretty in time for blood work and ultrasounds, but behind for procedures and more intensive appointments. I loved my ultrasound techs.
My insurance coverage was great so I was fortunate. The drugs that weren't covered were cautiously ordered so I didn't overspend.

4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
My experience with Dr. Miller was mixed. Most importantly, he helped us be successful in our journey to pregnancy (I got pregnant on our first donor cycle)...But his personality can be a bit off-putting. He can come off as very arrogant and not overly sensitive. Without a strong recommendation from a doctor that I highly regard (we were referred to Dr. Miller for a donor cycle), I would not have chosen Dr. Miller.
It is clear that Dr. Miller's office [The Advanced Gynecology Surgery Institute] does a high volume of patients and they are set up/staffed accordingly. The nursing and admin staff is all very friendly and I always felt that they were working with my best interests at heart, but they were clearly very busy and the amount of personalized attention is definitely limited.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
My experience with Dr. Miller was mixed. Most importantly, he helped us be successful in our journey to pregnancy (I got pregnant on our first donor cycle). So by that measure alone, I should be (and am!) very satisfied. I also saw him regularly while I was under his care. He clearly works very hard and has high success rates. But his personality can be a bit off-putting. He can come off as very arrogant and not overly sensitive. Without a strong recommendation from a doctor that I highly regard (we were referred to Dr. Miller for a donor cycle), I would not have chosen Dr. Miller.
Prepare to be very flexible.
It is clear that Dr. Miller's office does a high volume of patients and they are set up/staffed accordingly. The nursing and admin staff is all very friendly and I always felt that they were working with my best interests at heart, but they were clearly very busy and the amount of personalized attention is definitely limited. All communication is done through their voicemail system (which you have to remember to call into at certain specified times). It can be difficult to reach someone directly to get questions answered. Appointment availability (for monitoring) can be limited at times, which makes scheduling difficult if your schedule is not completely flexible.
I first saw Dr. Miller in June 2015 on referral for a donor egg cycle with my younger sister as donor. (My previous doctor did not do donor cycles.) Dr. Miller did a trial cycle in July 2015 and determined that I had endometriosis and a small uterine septum and recommended surgery. Dr. Miller performed laparascopy surgery on me in Aug 2015. Following surgery, I did estrogen therapy for a 1-month cycle right before a donor IVF cycle that was planned for September. The first donor cycle that we attempted never really got started because of the levels of my donor, but the second one in October 2015 went smoothly and resulted in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute. (Assigned nurse: Wendy Kilgore Skoog)
The nurses were all very friendly and helpful when needed, but overall I would not describe the care as personalized. My coordinator, Wendy, was very knowledgeable about the process, however, was relatively hands off and at times, difficult to get ahold of. I found it hard to contact them directly, as all contact with the nurses is through their voicemail system.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
The clinic does a high volume of patients and is very regimented. The care is not very personal, but the staff is very friendly, somewhat remarkable for the amount of volume they do.
2500 deductible
What specific things went wrong at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute?
There were a couple instances where my appointment was changed or not recorded in the book, resulting in me having to wait a long time and/or be rescheduled for a time that was not convenient for me. Also, the method of communication is all verbal through the voicemail system, so there were a couple of times where there was miscommunication/confusion about exactly when I was supposed to start something (nothing critical, mostly just small things) which was just frustrating.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Miller wanted to explore why our previous IVF attempts failed. He recommended a trial cycle with bloodwork and ultrasound monitoring to see how I would respond to meds, HSG x2, uterine biopsy and additional bloodwork. Blood tests revealed a blood clotting disorder and an autoimmune illness related to infertility. Based on the HSG findings he recommended a surgery to remove uterine fibroids and adhesions. It was determined that the adhesions along with what was discovered during bloodwork that our embryos transferred in our previous attempts according to Dr. Miller, "had no where to implant". I was unable to continue with an actual FET cycle as I endured medical complications post surgery (not related to Dr. Miller). We are now pursuing gestational surrogacy with Dr. Miller's help.
We would have to wait anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours past our appointment times to be seen [at Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute]. This would also include monitoring appointments. While in appointments I sometimes felt rushed along.... In the beginning they did not communicate things well. I learned that I had to ask many clarifying questions during my visits to ensure I understood the next steps. Otherwise they were very nice.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Miller is a very knowledgeable doctor. He ran additional tests to attempt to discover why our previous IVF attempts failed. Our first RE was not willing to do this. Dr. Miller discovered several uterine adhesions through surgery that made our previous attempts unsuccessful. Our first RE was not open to exploring this. We were encouraged to just continue w/ another cycle without answers until we met with Dr. Miller.
Be prepared to wait when going for appointments. He is very knowledgeable though; so he is worth the wait in my opinion.
Dr. Miller is a very knowledgeable doctor. That being said he has a great number of patients. We would have to wait anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours past our appointment times to be seen. This would also include monitoring appointments. While in appointments I sometimes felt rushed along.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
Dr. Miller's clinic offers a wide array of services from OBGyn care, fertility, and surgery all within the one location. The biggest weakness in my opinion, is that due to the large number of patients that are seen you may have to wait, feel rushed, or receive poor communication at times.
The majority of our treatment was covered by insurance. Dr. Miller is offering us a discount for our pending gestational surrogacy as that is not covered by insurance.
What specific things went wrong at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute?
When we first began our trial cycle, my husband and I were told that I was scheduled for a uterine biopsy and time with a nurse so he could learn how to administer my POI injections. He has taken time off of work to ensure he could be at this appointment. When we arrived we were then told the appointment that day was only for ultrasound and blood work.

Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Miller was very confident in his abilities, but it did NOT come off as arrogant. He was extremely organized and created a very detailed, clear, and step by step plan for us. He was always professional and we were impressed with his outcomes from his other patients. At the same time, he was approachable and treated us with respect. He made us feel like VIP. We had NO negative experience with him.
Our nurse [at Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] was very organized and on top of things. She was compassionate when our first cycle was not successful, and assured us that this would help the doctor make adjustments for a better outcome during the next cycle. She was right!.. Strengths: very organized, amiable and professional staff, compassionate staff. Weaknesses: sometimes can be behind on the schedule but NOT for the actual treatment procedures
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Prepare for long wait times in the office when meeting with him, but know that when it is your turn with him, he will give you all the time you need as well.
We were treated with kindness and given all the time we needed with the doctor to ask questions. The nurses and other staff were all very supportive throughout the process.
It has been about 5 years now so I don't remember too many specifics. We did IVF (ICSI). The first cycle was not successful, so he changed one of my injectable meds and also added another to take after the embryo transfer to improve my uterine lining. He also suggested accupuncture during the second cycle. We transferred two embryos (which were better quality than the two we transferred in our first cycle) and we had a successful twin pregnancy.
Our nurse was very organized and on top of things. She was compassionate when our first cycle was not successful, and assured us that this would help the doctor make adjustments for a better outcome during the next cycle. She was right!
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
Strengths: very organized, amiable and professional staff, compassionate staff. Weaknesses: sometimes can be behind on the schedule but NOT for the actual treatment procedures. They have amazing outcomes and are the best in the area. I highly recommend them!
It was mostly covered by our insurance. We paid very little percentage wise. Meds were also mostly covered, and the clinic have us meds for free when there was any issue with getting them covered by insurance.
We preferred transferring two embryos for higher likelihood of pregnancy, and Dr. Miller told us with our second cycle that the embryos were very high quality and the likelihood of twins was high. We and Dr. Miller were all comfortable with that possibility.

2012 - 2013
He [Dr. Miller] was kind but firm, caring but cautious during our consultation. I felt like he was very knowledgable with diminished ovarian reserve and poor egg quality like I had...He was very sure of himself and his abilities and knowledge yet explained everything to me very clearly and always answered all my questions...He was very knowledgable about DHEA and DOR for the time (over 6 years ago). He knew it would help get my AMH number up and he was right. Although my last IVF cycle with him resulted in just an IUI (he cancelled the retrieval as I only produced 2 follicles/eggs) did not result in a pregnancy, I conceived naturally the very next month which I attribute to 1. the fertility drugs and his high stim protocol still being in my system and 2. the DHEA I was taking per his knowledge of how this drug helps DOR and AMH levels and 3. The stress of another retrieval, payment etc being taken off me.
They [staff at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] kept my spirits high and thought highly of Dr. Miller and his ability/knowledge. During egg retrievals/transfers I always felt taken care of and everyone always explained to me what was going on and what the next steps were...The nurses were always very wonderful, happy/cheerful and supportive. Which is exactly what I needed...Sometimes the wait was long at my appointment but otherwise, the blood draws, knowledge and care was exactly what I expected.
2012 - 2013
He was very sure of himself and his abilities and knowledge yet explained everything to me very clearly and always answered all my questions. Embryo implantations were calm and pain free and he always took his time and showed me my embryo on the screen before and after implantation.
Don't be afraid to ask questions
He was kind but firm, caring but cautious during our consultation. I felt like he was very knowledgable with diminished ovarian reserve and poor egg quality like I had.
I do not remember specifics but do know that he put me on the max dosage of the stimulation drugs as my previous IVF with a different doctor didn't result in many eggs at retrieval. I did take DHEA for diminished ovarian reserve for several months before the first procedure. He was very knowledgable about DHEA and DOR for the time (over 6 years ago). He knew it would help get my AMH number up and he was right. Although my last IVF cycle with him resulted in just an IUI (he cancelled the retrieval as I only produced 2 follicles/eggs) did not result in a pregnancy, I conceived naturally the very next month which I attribute to 1. the fertility drugs and his high stim protocol still being in my system and 2. the DHEA I was taking per his knowledge of how this drug helps DOR and AMH levels and 3. The stress of another retrieval, payment etc being taken off me. Changing my IVF cycle to an IUI because of only 2 follicles/eggs was a wonderful suggestion/decision on his part. I would have still gone through with it but he knew not to.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute. (Assigned nurse: I don't remember but I did have one.)
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
Sometimes the wait was long at my appointment but otherwise, the blood draws, knowledge and care was exactly what I expected. Nurses were kind and always willing to help with questions. They kept my spirits high and thought highly of Dr. Miller and his ability/knowledge. During egg retrievals/transfers I always felt taken care of and everyone always explained to me what was going on and what the next steps were.
I don't remember specifics but I know the medications/prescriptions were very expensive. We had insurance coverage as well.
He always discussed the outcomes/consequences with me and he never suggested more than 2 embryos to be transferred. I can't remember exactly but I think both times we only transferred/implanted one.
2013
He [Dr. Charles Miller] was so kind, engaging, understanding and open any ideas that we had and we had a lot. We went through 2 terrible doctors prior so knew what we wanted. He agreed to everything we needed and was there for us every step of the way.... By the time we found Dr Miller we knew what my body needed and what process worked. So we came in with a game plan and he agreed to it. Everything went simply as planned.
[Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute-Naperville has] No weaknesses. They are incredible. Easy to get into the facility, never had to wait a long time when I had an appointment, everyone was very kind, respectful and showed great care and compassion. They have an amazing staff here and I highly recommend them to anyone in need.... I had 2 remaining frozen embryos we moved over from the previous IVF doctor. I took valium the day of my transfer and he placed them inside and they both took. I think i was the most relaxed because we had been through it so many times previously.
2013
He was so kind, engaging, understanding and open any ideas that we had and we had a lot. We went through 2 terrible doctors prior so knew what we wanted. He agreed to everything we needed and was there for us every step of the way.
Do your research on IVF and come in with some ideas or any questions. And do not go to anyone else.. he is the best!!!
By the time we found Dr Miller we knew what my body needed and what process worked. So we came in with a game plan and he agreed to it. Everything went simply as planned. The nurses were so kind and involved. Even post pregnancy years later when I conceived on my own but miscarried.
Wish i remember her name she was amazing. So sweet and caring and always took my call. A few years later I conceived naturally and unexpectantly and my OB would not see me and she did-- PATTY!!! I miscarried but she was there for me every was I was no longer an Ivf patient.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
It was out of pocket so maybe 6-8k if I am remembering correctly. But by the time we came to him we had the frozen embryos already and needed him for the transfer.
Not that I remember

2013
...Hand holding / bedside manner are not his [Dr. Miller] strong suits. I found that very frustrating through the process and almost left for another doctor, however we are now going back for our 2nd child since the results were good.
]Advanced IVF] deal[s] with a high volume of patients and I interacted with a lot of different nurses. The hardest part was their communication process. Most of it was through their voicemail system. I could not contact the nurses or doctor directly.
2013
Here's the thing. While I found Dr. Miller to be reasonably arrogant and the communication process very frustrating, at the end of the day he got me pregnant on the first round. His statistics are good and I think he's a very highly qualified technician. However hand holding / bedside manner are not his strong suits. I found that very frustrating through the process and almost left for another doctor, however we are now going back for our 2nd child since the results were good.
Ask a lot of questions upfront and recognize that you aren't going to get a lot of hand holding, but that doesn't mean the result won't be positive.
They deal with a high volume of patients and I interacted with a lot of different nurses. The hardest part was their communication process. Most of it was through their voicemail system. I could not contact the nurses or doctor directly.
Some were very nice, but some showed little compassion (i.e. this was just their job). I dealt with a lot of different nurses and even though I think I was assigned a "primary" nurse, I am not sure I ever even met her in person. There was a lot of communication over the phone. There was no one nurse who stood out as particularly helpful, but they got the job done.
What specific things went wrong at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute?
Originally I received a low ovarian reserve diagnosis at another clinic. Then when I saw Dr. Miller they re-ran the tests and discovered my AMH levels were normal. However I did not find that out until several months later when I was about to do the procedure. They never communicated the results of those tests.
2019 - 2020
You will not get a lot of opportunities to visit with Dr Miller. ... He is straight forward. He is not the person to get your emotional needs met, but he is focused on your goal - having a baby. ... I have not finished my treatments with Dr Miller. ...I have faith that we will be successful with finishing our treatments. I believe Dr Miller is very smart and knows his work. I trust his opinion and recommendations.
Strengths [of The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Inst]: Early appointment times and usually on time. US techs are great. Clean facility. Everyone is kind. Weaknesses: Always have to leave a message - it is difficult to speak to someone when you work full time. ... . So far, I have seen more consistent communication with the IVF team and fairly happy with them. ... You will work with different staff members depending on your treatment. I have had to advocate for myself quite a bit. There has been quite a few moments of big miscommunications or lost information or delayed care because of disorganization - which is very frustrating. However, I believe this happens in a lot of health care facilities
2019 - 2020
I have not finished my treatments with Dr Miller. We have been delayed due to COVID 19. I have faith that we will be successful with finishing our treatments. I believe Dr Miller is very smart and knows his work. I trust his opinion and recommendations.
You will not get a lot of opportunities to visit with Dr Miller. Come prepared with questions. He is straight forward. He is not the person to get your emotional needs met, but he is focused on your goal - having a baby.
Dr Miller is straight forward during his consultations. He does not sugarcoat, which I appreciate. I never felt pushed to make a specific decision - he laid out our options.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
Strengths: Early appointment times and usually on time. US techs are great. Clean facility. Everyone is kind. Weaknesses: Always have to leave a message - it is difficult to speak to someone when you work full time.
Mostly has been covered by insurance
What specific things went wrong at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute?
Just have to be an advocate for yourself. So far, I have seen more consistent communication with the IVF team and fairly happy with them.
Naperville

I feel that [Dr. ] Miller listens and takes into consideration everything I ask. He has very good bed manners. I feel very welcomed and important. He never rushes me out of the office...I feel that he keeps up with all newest findings by going to conferences...I had done two Stim cycles with different doctor and Miller suggested not to suppress me with Lupron and instead to do ganirelix and hgh cycle. My egg quality is poor and he thinks it has a lot of to do with my age as well. I agreed with Miller to try different protocol.
Nurses are great and I feel like front desk [at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute-Naperville] was very helpful setting up all appointments, they bent backwards to get my husband in for his testing. It is a little hard sometimes to reach them, but if I leave a voicemail I do get phone call following day. There are two locations which are very convenient for me...I interacted with my nurse Maggie most, she was very nice and helpful filling out all paperwork and explaining all steps. I have never felt pressure to do something I didn’t feel comfortable.
Miller is very knowledgeable, great bed manners, listened to me very carefully and made notes every time, everything stayed in my file. I never feel rushed. De Miller is very compassionate, I feel that he keeps up with all newest findings by going to conferences. In one of the representations I went to his partner described him as a best ivf doctor in Illinois.
Trust Miller, he knows what he is doing,
I feel that Miller listens and takes into consideration everything I ask. He has very good bed manners. I feel very welcomed and important. He never rushes me out of the office
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute. (Assigned nurse: Monika and Maggie)
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
Nurses are great and I feel like front desk was very helpful setting up all appointments, they bent backwards to get my husband in for his testing. It is a little hard sometimes to reach them, but if I leave a voicemail I do get phone call following day. There are two locations which are very convenient for me.
I am still under this doctors care and I pay as I go
Miller suggested to transfer three non PhD tested embryos. I agree with him

6 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
While we worked with the nurses on a day to day basis, and not Dr. Miller, I had complete confidence that these nurses were on top of their game and knew what they were doing. Are they busy? Yes. But if I needed anything or had questions, they were answered. Everyone is very friendly, most of the staff I knew by name as did they me. They were very friendly, while maintaining professionalism.
6 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Charles Miller is the best of the best. He studied my history and new the facts in detail for our first consultation. He devised a plan, and made sure that we understood the plan and that we were comfortable with the plan. He gave us options. He told us what could and couldn't happen. He voluntarily showed us his statistics and success rates, which no other doctor has...and we have seen three IVF docs now. Dr. Miller is confident, and he should be. We had a successful pregnancy with our first IVF implantation of one embryo. We were cash patients while we were with Dr. Miller. Which takes this entire process to a whole other level of stress. Working with him was worth every penny. Dr. Miller was recommended to us by different people from all different parts of our lives and we continue to recommend him to whoever asks for help with getting pregnant.
Be patient. The office is busy, and sometimes you will have to wait. It's worth it.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Miller is a genius and one of the best in his field. If you have endo I would recommend him over anyone else in Illinois. He is compassionate and brilliant and I trust him completely. ... So far it’s been great, he performed surgery on me ... I feel so much better. I will be starting stimulation for egg retrieval soon and I have faith in Dr. Miller to help me achieve a healthy pregnancy.
Large clinic [Advanced Gynecologic Surg Inst], lots of patients, message responses instead of phone calls and there’s only a one way message system, nurses can message you but you can’t message back. ... Poor communication and having to check in frequently and remind nurses of prescriptions or med changes. ... Weakness- nursing staff is very busy and overwhelmed and things can get lost in the shuffle so you really have to keep up with everything yourself and stay on top of the nurses. ... Alina has been great so far but I do not always communicate with just her, I hear from other nurses most of the time.
Endometriosis, PCOS
So far it’s been great, he performed surgery on me and referred me to Dr. Park for rectal endo and they both removed it and I feel so much better. I will be starting stimulation for egg retrieval soon and I have faith in Dr. Miller to help me achieve a healthy pregnancy.
Advocate for yourself, request to switch nurses if you aren’t happy with yours.
Large clinic, lots of patients, message responses instead of phone calls and there’s only a one way message system, nurses can message you but you can’t message back.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute. (Assigned nurse: Alina )
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
Dr. Miller is a genius and one of the best in his field. If you have endo I would recommend him over anyone else in Illinois. He is compassionate and brilliant and I trust him completely. Weakness- nursing staff is very busy and overwhelmed and things can get lost in the shuffle so you really have to keep up with everything yourself and stay on top of the nurses.
So far, $15,000
He said he will only do single embryo transfers on me

Male Factor, Other
Dr. Miller was so knowledgeable and guided us with his compassion. His cutting-edge research gave us the best chance to conceive. The specialized plan was so on target with our specific needs. We were so lucky to have him as our doctor.... Dr. Miller was so personable, he took that time to get to know my husband and myself. He was confident that he could help us conceive and made a specialized plan for us.
I especially liked the option of going to the closer practice to my house for weekly appointments [at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute]. The procedures needed to be done in Naperville, but all of the other appointments I had at the closer appt to my house.... Dr. Miller was so knowledgeable and guided us with his compassion. His cutting-edge research gave us the best chance to conceive. The specialized plan was so on target with our specific needs. We were so lucky to have him as our doctor.
Male Factor, Other
Believe in the process and in Dr. Miller.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute. (Assigned nurse: JoRene and Alex)
They were always supportive and made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
I especially liked the option of going to the closer practice to my house for weekly appointments. The procedures needed to be done in Naperville, but all of the other appointments I had at the closer appt to my house.
My insurance covered 90%
He explained all of our options and let us decide.

2013 - 2016
Dr. MILLER WAS DEFINITELY DIRECT AND STRAIGHT TO THE POINT BUT HE CARES ABOUT ME AND MY OUTCOME I WAS MORE THAN A NUMBER....He may not be super warm and fuzzy but he will get you the results you want. Remember he does care. He truly cares for you as a patient and cares about your outcome...Dr. Miller did everything he could to help me obtain my dream of being a mom. It was a grueling process but he was always up front with me.
The clinic [The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] was great! Clean and comfortable. I loved the girls at the front desk. They knew me by my first name. The ultrasound techs were always so super nice to me too. I just loved everyone there....I loved [nurse] Patti. Surprisingly I really miss her. She was so kind to me during my process...Dr. Miller did everything he could to help me obtain my dream of being a mom. It was a grueling process but he was always up front with me.
2013 - 2016
European, South Asian
Dr. Miller did everything he could to help me obtain my dream of being a mom. It was a grueling process but he was always up front with me. He was always very kind to me and showed compassion for what I was going through. I will forever be grateful to him for helping me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute. (Assigned nurse: Patti)
I loved Patti. Surprisingly I really miss her. She was so kind to me during my process.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
The clinic was great! Clean and comfortable. I loved the girls at the front desk. They knew me by my first name. The ultrasound techs were always so super nice to me too. I just loved everyone there.

Male Factor, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Miller was great! We did have to schedule a second meeting after the consultation because he skimmed through our medical records and missed that we already had done a TESE and had frozen sperm to use. ... he retested everything, including thyroid function and glucose, checked for receptivity of my uterus and checked to ensure my tubes were not leaking.
They [Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Inst] take almost all insurances, the clinic is clean and inviting. The procedure team and embryologists are worth the negatives!! Weakness would be disorganized nursing staff and very long wait times. ... When we were there the nursing staff was sub-par at best. I believe they have changed staff since then. ... His [Dr. Miller] nursing staff made you feel like cattle
Male Factor, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Expect LONG wait times
His nursing staff made you feel like cattle
After repeated implantation failure at another clinic he retested everything, including thyroid function and glucose, checked for receptivity of my uterus and checked to ensure my tubes were not leaking. Results were a successful pregnancy after adding in thyroid medicine and increased Progesterone.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
They take almost all insurances, the clinic is clean and inviting. The procedure team and embryologists are worth the negatives!! Weakness would be disorganized nursing staff and very long wait times.