6.7

1900 E. Golf Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60173
847-593-1040

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr Miller was very confident in his approach. He reviewed my charts and listened to our needs and set a plan accordingly. Discussions with him, which were very few were prompt and quick. ... We did many cycles of times intercourses, chlomid, injectables, and iui. ... This resulted in ohss which they said was normal for that number of eggs. after what felt like an eternity, I was able to transfer, (he would only allow one embryo). This resulted in a successful transfer and is my current 11 week pregnancy.
The nurses and office staff [Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Inst] made many mistakes, were rude, and short. Very hard to get ahold of them. ... The nurses and office clinic were terribly unorganized. They made several mistakes and I really had to advocate for my own journey and stay on top of the nurses. It is rare to get a callback and if so, the calls are quick and usually not helpful. There is no way to get a hold of them through the portal and made asking questions or clarifying things near impossible.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Dr Miller was very confident in his approach. He reviewed my charts and listened to our needs and set a plan accordingly. Discussions with him, which were very few were prompt and quick. I don’t feel there was ever any follow up with him. Only his nurses. No way to contact the dr with concerns or frustrations. All communication was through the nurses. He did however get me a viable pregnancy so far.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Advocate for yourself. Stay on top of your health and your journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
The nurses and office staff made many mistakes, were rude, and short. Very hard to get ahold of them. Dr. Miller was very kind but not sure any of them ever recognized me individually each time I went it.
Describe the protocols Charles Miller used in your cycles at The Advanced IVF Institute and their degree of success.
We did many cycles of times intercourses, chlomid, injectables, and iui. Some of these cycles canceled because numbers were not where they should be. Then we moved to ivf with egg retrieval resulting in 39 eggs, 13 made it to freezing. This resulted in ohss which they said was normal for that number of eggs. after what felt like an eternity, I was able to transfer, (he would only allow one embryo). This resulted in a successful transfer and is my current 11 week pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Monika)
Monika was actually very kind. However I rarely heard from her, and if I did it was through the portal, rarely a phone call and only in person during consultation. She seemed organized and close to dr Miller. But we still felt like a number rather than an individual.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
The nurses and office clinic were terribly unorganized. They made several mistakes and I really had to advocate for my own journey and stay on top of the nurses. It is rare to get a callback and if so, the calls are quick and usually not helpful. There is no way to get a hold of them through the portal and made asking questions or clarifying things near impossible. By far the most frustrating part of the infertility journey!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Monitoring appointments were generally quick and easy if you scheduled as early as possible. They were usually behind after the third appointment in the morning.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Thank goodness, our insurance covered most of the charges. But this was only after they tried to tell me that my insurance did not cover anything and expected me to pay around $15000 the very next day. After many panicked calls to billing and insurance, it was sorted out but this was much added and unnecessary stress.
Describe Charles Miller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Because this was our first transfer, dr Miller would only allow for one single Embryo transfer. I badly wanted to transfer two. But listened to his recommendations.
What specific things went wrong at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Nurses were constantly forgetting to order tests or call prescriptions into the pharmacy. Often left waiting in the waiting room if you did not check on your status. Failed to inform patients of the timing of his batch cycles.
Naperville

I liked him just fine personally. I had read not to expect any warm fuzzies from him, but I thought he was pretty compassionate. He doesn't mince words, explains everything pretty black and white. I do feel he misled us a bit. He explains the success rates for each type of procedure, ending with there is a 40% chance of success with a PGS normal embryo, but he doesn't discuss the probability of IVF success in general. From our experience he has 2 protocols with no deviations from that...I generally liked Dr. Miller, except that he seems to only have 2 IVF protocols. After our 2nd failed IVF, he said that he would just keep doing the same protocol until we were either successful or we wanted to move onto donor egg or just gave up.
The communication between his Schaumburg and Naperville offices is also very poor. I had to wait up to an hour on several occasions for bloodwork because the Schaumburg location hadn't received the required paperwork from the Naperville location. I also had issues with their billing/finance dept which has ultimately cost me thousands of dollars unnecessarily...I also had issues with his nurses getting information wrong which was very frustrating and led to my having to request a different nurse as I didn't have confidence in the direction she was giving me.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
We did the Ganirelex protocol the first time with poor results. The next time we did bcp & microdose Lupron with, in his opinion, better results. In our opinion they were the same results because ultimately both times we transferred 2 - day 3 embryos with nothing to freeze & bpn at the end. Dr. Miller said the quality of the embryos the 2nd time was better. After the 2nd failure he said that this was a numbers game and we could continue trying with my own eggs but at some point may need to consider donor eggs. He said that he would continue to do the same protocol as the 2nd time. The 3rd time we did get better results, we were able to transfer 2 - day 5 blasts, nothing to freeze. We got our bfp, which resulted in a blighted ovum at 7 weeks and D&C at 8 weeks. This was the end of January 2017. Since then, we have consulted with 3 different RE's as I can't justify continuing to do the same thing over and over & expect to get better results. The first 2 agreed that we should continue with the microdose Luptron protocol, with some changes. All 3 agreed that using birth control leading up to the cycle was not the way to go, even though that is Dr. Miller's protocol. I was told estrogen priming is better and using human growth hormone during the cycle would improve our results. Dr. Miller does not us HGH. I am disappointed in Dr. Miller in that he wasn't willing to tweak anything to see if it would help. He doesn't seem up on the latest options. I have heard he is THE BEST surgeon, but at this point, I would have to question the infertility part of his practice.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
We paid about $14,000 out of pocket for first IVF, then found out too late that my insurance would have covered the monitoring. So we are out thousands of dollars because of this.
What specific things went wrong at The Advanced IVF Institute?
2014, Unsuccessful
Loved Dr Miller Very down to earth Wonderful personality...Never got to treatment. Found a cervical polyp during workouts for Ivf. Then found out his clinic wouldn't take sperm from the Sperm bank we picked so we left
No electronic record system, no email. Had to leave voicemails and nurses called back end of day/next day. One department in the office didn't know what anyone else was doing...Never got to treatment. Found a cervical polyp during workouts for Ivf. Then found out his clinic wouldn't take sperm from the Sperm bank we picked so we left
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Husband with no sperm. Dr Miller entered room and said "no sperm huh? Well that sucks" Husband was so relived to have him just admit it sucked!
Ask about what sperm banks they work with
Loved Dr Miller Very down to earth Wonderful personality
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Clean, organized, no EMR