6.7

1900 E. Golf Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60173
847-593-1040

2018 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Miller is very friendly and appears to know who we are when we meet with him or see him for consultations and treatments but during monitoring we communicate only with the nursing staff and it is very formal with the use of the patient portal...Since we already have one child, my doctor recommends a single embryo transfer...
[the Advanced Gynecologic Surgery] receptionists and other staff members that I have interacted with in person are very helpful and caring. He does seem to have bit of turn over with staff so I don't always communicate with the same nurses. It is a very big clinic with a lot of patients so you are not going to get a lot of attention. The biggest drawback is the wait time between treatments.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Dr. Miller is very knowledgeable about infertility and is willing to think outside of the box. When we do get to meet with him, he is very friendly and appears to want to help us have another child. The major drawback is that he has a lot of patients so it takes months to get a consultation, even as an established patient. For example, I had an egg retrieval in November 2021, that resulted in 0 normal embryos, and I did not get to consult with him until 2022. The wait is excruciating!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Be patient and open to his ideas! He can be egotistical at times but he means well and does seem to want to help.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Dr. Miller is very friendly and appears to know who we are when we meet with him or see him for consultations and treatments but during monitoring we communicate only with the nursing staff and it is very formal with the use of the patient portal. Dr. Miller also has a lot of patients so I am not sure he truly knows who we are.
Describe the protocols Charles Miller used in your cycles at The Advanced IVF Institute and their degree of success.
For my first retrieval Dr. Miller used the antagonist protocol but it was unsuccessful and the cycle was cancelled because I had 2 follicles that were developing faster than the others. For my 2nd and 3rd egg retrieval cycles he used the stop-Lupron protocol. During the 2nd retrieval we got 13 eggs and 4 embryos were sent for testing. All of those embryos were abnormal. For my 3rd cycle, we did the same stop-Lupron protocol but added human growth hormone in the hopes of getting some normal embryos. For this cycle we got 18 eggs but only 1 embryo, which came back abnormal.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced IVF Institute.
I feel like I have a different nurse every time that we do a new cycle. I know the phlebotomist, who is great, and the ultrasound techs, who are very caring. I don't really know the nurses - I usually just get portal messages from them but I could not tell you who they are if I saw them.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Dr. Miller is very smart and willing to think outside the box. His receptionists and other staff members that I have interacted with in person are very helpful and caring. He does seem to have bit of turn over with staff so I don't always communicate with the same nurses. It is a very big clinic with a lot of patients so you are not going to get a lot of attention. The biggest drawback is the wait time between treatments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute.
We do not have insurance coverage so we were told me need to pay the entire payment of almost $15,000 before our first egg retrieval and then any leftover money was used to pay for the additional cycles. We had to pay an additional $3000 for the 3rd cycle. We also paid around $3000 for medication. We paid around $1700 for genetic testing and another $2000 for other costs that were not covered by insurance.
Describe Charles Miller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Since we already have one child, my doctor recommends a single embryo transfer, which we are fine with.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced IVF Institute.
I was told by one nurse that I could start preparing for a cycle once my period came and then another nurse later told me that I needed to consult with the doctor first. This miscommunication put me back a couple months.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Miller is warm and eccentric, shows great care to me as his patient... He is always positive and encouraging to help you move forward in your journey and comes up with solutions fit for your unique circumstances...r Miller was able to pinpoint the source of my extreme pain - a massive fibroid, that no other doctor was able to find.
Very busy office! Be prepared to wait to have an appointment...When I let them [nursing staff] know that I have a tendency to faint while blood is drawn they ask no questions and move me to a reclined position for the draw. Sometimes, however, they appear rushed...The wrong test was ordered, one that I had already taken. Some wires were crossed in communication between the nurses in which the same test was rescheduled again in a short amount of time.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Dr Miller's office is extremely busy as he is well renowned to be the best in his field in the Naperville, Illinois area. Sometimes it can take a couple months to be seen for an appointment. Once you meet him, you realize how skilled and knowledgeable he is and why he is known as the best in the vicinity.
Ask lots of questions, don't be afraid to ask him anything. He will never make you feel stupid or talk down to you. He is always positive and encouraging to help you move forward in your journey and comes up with solutions fit for your unique circumstances.
Dr Miller is warm and eccentric, shows great care to me as his patient.
Dr Miller was able to pinpoint the source of my extreme pain - a massive fibroid, that no other doctor was able to find. He did surgery to remove the fibroid and unblock my tube, both of which were blocked. He also put me on a very specific combination of supplements.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced IVF Institute.
When I let them know that I have a tendency to faint while blood is drawn they ask no questions and move me to a reclined position for the draw. Sometimes, however, they appear rushed.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Very busy office! Be prepared to wait to have an appointment, sometimes weeks or months due to covid. The last time I was there my husband couldn't come in due to not being vaccinated so I felt that I was going through tests and procedures alone.
General workup through insurance before deductible was met was about $1,100.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
We felt valued [by Dr. Charles Miller] and excited to start our journey. Was told that between 3 cycles of timed intercourses and 3 cycles of iui, it should work. Didn’t see the dr at all during this time...When discussing next steps, he seems distant and unaware of my personal journey...We tried several cycles of timed intercourse while trying find the correct dosage of chlomid. Then we moved in iui with chlomid. One negatives test and another failed iui cycle, we decided to skip the next dosage of chlomid iui and jump to ivf. He explained the option of iui with injectables but informed me that PCOS increases risks with this route.
Clinic [The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] was very convenient In scheduling early appointments so that I could make it to work. I usually asked for (6:00 am). Always able to get me into one of two offices available. Typically my first choice was always available! Very little wait time. Very clean office and waiting room! Comfortable ultrasound rooms!...The nurses in office we extremely friendly, and gentle, and kind during blood draws and ultrasounds. They were hard to get a hold of and very uniform with instructions. Not much option to ask questions or try to understand the whys
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Dr. Miller is extremely friendly and knowledgeable about fertility. He is very positive and hopeful when dealing with new patients. He takes details and concerns into consideration. It is very hard to contact him as he is almost always in a consult with patients. He was not available for iui procedure and never saw him during monitoring process. When discussing next steps, he seems distant and unaware of my personal journey.
Don’t expect to see him much. Expect to work with mostly nurses.
The initial consultation was very positive and friendly. We felt valued and excited to start our journey. Was told that between 3 cycles of timed intercourses and 3 cycles of iui, it should work. Didn’t see the dr at all during this time. Very hard to contact the office. Always had to leave a vm and hope you didn’t miss the return call. Second consult to discuss next steps seemed very impersonal. Felt like he didn’t personalize or familiarize himself with my journey at all.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Clinic was very convenient In scheduling early appointments so that I could make it to work. I usually asked for (6:00 am). Always able to get me into one of two offices available. Typically my first choice was always available! Very little wait time. Very clean office and waiting room! Comfortable ultrasound rooms!
Insurance has covered most of our journey so far. We are very grateful! We have paid up to $500 in medicine for each cycle
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Miller was kind and thoughtful when he met with my husband and I. He was direct when giving the information. Even though he was direct he was compassionate and caring even as he gave us the worst news we could hear. I did not leave feeling defeated because Dr. Miller gave us a good plan to follow with our next steps... At 38 years old, I have unexplained infertility. My numbers continue to drop. Dr. Miller did the whole battery of testing with me so it was blood draws, ultrasounds, that horrid saline ultrasound, and finally removal of the polyps. He also put both my husband and I on vitamins and supplements to increase fertility when we move on to DE&gt;
I think that the timing of the office staff [Advanced IVF] getting back to you is slow because they are so busy. I think that if you are patient and kind when speaking with the staff, you will receive the same in return. There was only one unfriendly person that I came across and that could have been an off day for her...I know that the office is very busy and the staff is overwhelmed. You have to be your own advocate.,...For the most part the nursing staff was lively and kind....Just the genetic testing (which is the only thing our insurance covers) was thousands of dollars.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
I know that Dr. Miller is skilled and highly educated in fertility. I trust his judgement and am looking forward to the next steps. Each procedure that I have had with Dr. Miller has been quick and the healing time has been minimal.
I know that the office is very busy and the staff is overwhelmed. You have to be your own advocate. Research and understand what your next step is. Reach out to people in the office to answer any kind of question you may have. Be patient, but also be your own advocate.
We have only done testing on both myself and my husband and also removal of polyps. I donated eggs to my sister and she has 3 lovely girls from my donation. At 38 years old, I have unexplained infertility. My numbers continue to drop. Dr. Miller did the whole battery of testing with me so it was blood draws, ultrasounds, that horrid saline ultrasound, and finally removal of the polyps. He also put both my husband and I on vitamins and supplements to increase fertility when we move on to DE&gt; . Even though it's more expensive with Dr. Miller, I trust that we have the best shot with him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced IVF Institute.
For the most part the nursing staff was lively and kind.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
I think that the timing of the office staff getting back to you is slow because they are so busy. I think that if you are patient and kind when speaking with the staff, you will receive the same in return. There was only one unfriendly person that I came across and that could have been an off day for her.
none
Naperville
He [Dr. Charles Miller] is a very competent dr - one of the best in the field. He always took time to answer our questions and was very thorough. He was willing to try different protocols with me before moving to donor eggs whereas my previous dr tried one protocol two times and then said I needed to love to donor eggs, which I was not ready for. He does tend to run very late.
At the time I was there [Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] it could be disorganized at times, especially since there was not electronic record keeping. That has since changed. There was also a lot of staff turnover - I'm not sure if that has changed. Wait times for appointments and monitoring could often be long. The billing department was never an issue. Dr Miller was well worth any of the shortcomings of the clinic as a whole.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
He is a very competent dr - one of the best in the field. He always took time to answer our questions and was very thorough. He was willing to try different protocols with me before moving to donor eggs whereas my previous dr tried one protocol two times and then said I needed to love to donor eggs, which I was not ready for. He does tend to run very late.
Be prepared to wait - but he is worth it!
It is a busy clinic but Dr. Miller always took as much time as necessary when meeting with you. There was some staff turnover while I was there, especially with the nurses, so sometimes I didn't always feel like they truly knew me or my case.
I do not remember my protocols.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
There was a lot of turnover at the time so it often did not feel like there was consistent communication from the nurses - I would often have to follow up or contact them when waiting for results etc. At the time I was there they did not have electronic records which also made things a bit chaotic. They have since moved to electronic record keeping and communication through a portal which I have been told has improved the situation. Most of the staff was always friendly even when things weren't the most organized.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
At the time I was there it could be disorganized at times, especially since there was not electronic record keeping. That has since changed. There was also a lot of staff turnover - I'm not sure if that has changed. Wait times for appointments and monitoring could often be long. The billing department was never an issue. Dr Miller was well worth any of the shortcomings of the clinic as a whole.
Insurance covered our care 100% after meeting our deductible. We were also able to have the costs of our donor's retrieval covered. Billing always went very smoothly - never had any issues, even with our donor.
He allowed us to transfer two but would not have done more. We felt very well informed on the risks and benefits of transferring one vs two - he ultimately left the decision up to us.

2015, Successful
My experience with Dr. Miller was mixed. Most importantly, he helped us be successful in our journey to pregnancy (I got pregnant on our first donor cycle)...But his personality can be a bit off-putting. He can come off as very arrogant and not overly sensitive. Without a strong recommendation from a doctor that I highly regard (we were referred to Dr. Miller for a donor cycle), I would not have chosen Dr. Miller.
It is clear that Dr. Miller's office [The Advanced Gynecology Surgery Institute] does a high volume of patients and they are set up/staffed accordingly. The nursing and admin staff is all very friendly and I always felt that they were working with my best interests at heart, but they were clearly very busy and the amount of personalized attention is definitely limited.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
My experience with Dr. Miller was mixed. Most importantly, he helped us be successful in our journey to pregnancy (I got pregnant on our first donor cycle). So by that measure alone, I should be (and am!) very satisfied. I also saw him regularly while I was under his care. He clearly works very hard and has high success rates. But his personality can be a bit off-putting. He can come off as very arrogant and not overly sensitive. Without a strong recommendation from a doctor that I highly regard (we were referred to Dr. Miller for a donor cycle), I would not have chosen Dr. Miller.
Prepare to be very flexible.
It is clear that Dr. Miller's office does a high volume of patients and they are set up/staffed accordingly. The nursing and admin staff is all very friendly and I always felt that they were working with my best interests at heart, but they were clearly very busy and the amount of personalized attention is definitely limited. All communication is done through their voicemail system (which you have to remember to call into at certain specified times). It can be difficult to reach someone directly to get questions answered. Appointment availability (for monitoring) can be limited at times, which makes scheduling difficult if your schedule is not completely flexible.
I first saw Dr. Miller in June 2015 on referral for a donor egg cycle with my younger sister as donor. (My previous doctor did not do donor cycles.) Dr. Miller did a trial cycle in July 2015 and determined that I had endometriosis and a small uterine septum and recommended surgery. Dr. Miller performed laparascopy surgery on me in Aug 2015. Following surgery, I did estrogen therapy for a 1-month cycle right before a donor IVF cycle that was planned for September. The first donor cycle that we attempted never really got started because of the levels of my donor, but the second one in October 2015 went smoothly and resulted in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Wendy Kilgore Skoog)
The nurses were all very friendly and helpful when needed, but overall I would not describe the care as personalized. My coordinator, Wendy, was very knowledgeable about the process, however, was relatively hands off and at times, difficult to get ahold of. I found it hard to contact them directly, as all contact with the nurses is through their voicemail system.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
The clinic does a high volume of patients and is very regimented. The care is not very personal, but the staff is very friendly, somewhat remarkable for the amount of volume they do.
2500 deductible
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced IVF Institute.
There were a couple instances where my appointment was changed or not recorded in the book, resulting in me having to wait a long time and/or be rescheduled for a time that was not convenient for me. Also, the method of communication is all verbal through the voicemail system, so there were a couple of times where there was miscommunication/confusion about exactly when I was supposed to start something (nothing critical, mostly just small things) which was just frustrating.

2013 - 2014, Unknown Success
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Miller wanted to explore why our previous IVF attempts failed. He recommended a trial cycle with bloodwork and ultrasound monitoring to see how I would respond to meds, HSG x2, uterine biopsy and additional bloodwork. Blood tests revealed a blood clotting disorder and an autoimmune illness related to infertility. Based on the HSG findings he recommended a surgery to remove uterine fibroids and adhesions. It was determined that the adhesions along with what was discovered during bloodwork that our embryos transferred in our previous attempts according to Dr. Miller, "had no where to implant". I was unable to continue with an actual FET cycle as I endured medical complications post surgery (not related to Dr. Miller). We are now pursuing gestational surrogacy with Dr. Miller's help.
We would have to wait anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours past our appointment times to be seen [at Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute]. This would also include monitoring appointments. While in appointments I sometimes felt rushed along.... In the beginning they did not communicate things well. I learned that I had to ask many clarifying questions during my visits to ensure I understood the next steps. Otherwise they were very nice.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Dr. Miller is a very knowledgeable doctor. He ran additional tests to attempt to discover why our previous IVF attempts failed. Our first RE was not willing to do this. Dr. Miller discovered several uterine adhesions through surgery that made our previous attempts unsuccessful. Our first RE was not open to exploring this. We were encouraged to just continue w/ another cycle without answers until we met with Dr. Miller.
Be prepared to wait when going for appointments. He is very knowledgeable though; so he is worth the wait in my opinion.
Dr. Miller is a very knowledgeable doctor. That being said he has a great number of patients. We would have to wait anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours past our appointment times to be seen. This would also include monitoring appointments. While in appointments I sometimes felt rushed along.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Dr. Miller's clinic offers a wide array of services from OBGyn care, fertility, and surgery all within the one location. The biggest weakness in my opinion, is that due to the large number of patients that are seen you may have to wait, feel rushed, or receive poor communication at times.
The majority of our treatment was covered by insurance. Dr. Miller is offering us a discount for our pending gestational surrogacy as that is not covered by insurance.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced IVF Institute.
When we first began our trial cycle, my husband and I were told that I was scheduled for a uterine biopsy and time with a nurse so he could learn how to administer my POI injections. He has taken time off of work to ensure he could be at this appointment. When we arrived we were then told the appointment that day was only for ultrasound and blood work.
2013, Successful
...Hand holding / bedside manner are not his [Dr. Miller] strong suits. I found that very frustrating through the process and almost left for another doctor, however we are now going back for our 2nd child since the results were good.
]Advanced IVF] deal[s] with a high volume of patients and I interacted with a lot of different nurses. The hardest part was their communication process. Most of it was through their voicemail system. I could not contact the nurses or doctor directly.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Here's the thing. While I found Dr. Miller to be reasonably arrogant and the communication process very frustrating, at the end of the day he got me pregnant on the first round. His statistics are good and I think he's a very highly qualified technician. However hand holding / bedside manner are not his strong suits. I found that very frustrating through the process and almost left for another doctor, however we are now going back for our 2nd child since the results were good.
Ask a lot of questions upfront and recognize that you aren't going to get a lot of hand holding, but that doesn't mean the result won't be positive.
They deal with a high volume of patients and I interacted with a lot of different nurses. The hardest part was their communication process. Most of it was through their voicemail system. I could not contact the nurses or doctor directly.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Some were very nice, but some showed little compassion (i.e. this was just their job). I dealt with a lot of different nurses and even though I think I was assigned a "primary" nurse, I am not sure I ever even met her in person. There was a lot of communication over the phone. There was no one nurse who stood out as particularly helpful, but they got the job done.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Originally I received a low ovarian reserve diagnosis at another clinic. Then when I saw Dr. Miller they re-ran the tests and discovered my AMH levels were normal. However I did not find that out until several months later when I was about to do the procedure. They never communicated the results of those tests.
Naperville

You will not get a lot of opportunities to visit with Dr Miller. ... He is straight forward. He is not the person to get your emotional needs met, but he is focused on your goal - having a baby. ... I have not finished my treatments with Dr Miller. ...I have faith that we will be successful with finishing our treatments. I believe Dr Miller is very smart and knows his work. I trust his opinion and recommendations.
Strengths [of The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Inst]: Early appointment times and usually on time. US techs are great. Clean facility. Everyone is kind. Weaknesses: Always have to leave a message - it is difficult to speak to someone when you work full time. ... . So far, I have seen more consistent communication with the IVF team and fairly happy with them. ... You will work with different staff members depending on your treatment. I have had to advocate for myself quite a bit. There has been quite a few moments of big miscommunications or lost information or delayed care because of disorganization - which is very frustrating. However, I believe this happens in a lot of health care facilities
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
I have not finished my treatments with Dr Miller. We have been delayed due to COVID 19. I have faith that we will be successful with finishing our treatments. I believe Dr Miller is very smart and knows his work. I trust his opinion and recommendations.
You will not get a lot of opportunities to visit with Dr Miller. Come prepared with questions. He is straight forward. He is not the person to get your emotional needs met, but he is focused on your goal - having a baby.
Dr Miller is straight forward during his consultations. He does not sugarcoat, which I appreciate. I never felt pushed to make a specific decision - he laid out our options.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Strengths: Early appointment times and usually on time. US techs are great. Clean facility. Everyone is kind. Weaknesses: Always have to leave a message - it is difficult to speak to someone when you work full time.
Mostly has been covered by insurance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Just have to be an advocate for yourself. So far, I have seen more consistent communication with the IVF team and fairly happy with them.
2015, Successful
Dr. Miller was very thourough and I actually felt like he read my chart in detail. He was very straight forward about what to expect and told me the path in which we were to proceed. He gave me the now situation and the what if situations...we were to try hormonal injections for 2 months with timed intercourse and then after that hormonal injections with IUI. And then if that didn't work we would talk about other options like IVF...
There were 2 locations Schaumburg and Naperville. Naperville was the only office that did the procedures and sometimes the only office that could get me in for appointments. I wish going into it I would of known because I live in Schaumburg,..very caring staff [at Adv IVF]. receptionist even remembered me...The nurse who always called my results was very smart and organized but I feel that there were times she lacked a little compassion. The phlebotomist was extremely friendly and made me less nervous. There were some ultrasound techs that were amazing and then there was one that seemed to get annoyed with my numerous questions.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
very caring staff. receptionist even remembered me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: sarah)
The receptionist was the first person I always saw or talked to and was so caring and nice. She always remembered me. The nurse who always called my results was very smart and organized but I feel that there were times she lacked a little compassion. The phlebotomist was extremely friendly and made me less nervous. There were some ultrasound techs that were amazing and then there was one that seemed to get annoyed with my numerous questions.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
There were 2 locations Schaumburg and Naperville. Naperville was the only office that did the procedures and sometimes the only office that could get me in for appointments. I wish going into it I would of known because I live in Schaumburg, but Naperville is far and it was personally hard for me having to leave work and go there. It was worth it because they were excellent but it was just far for me.
minimal. because my insurance coverage
Schaumburg

2015, Successful
Dr. Miller was great! We did have to schedule a second meeting after the consultation because he skimmed through our medical records and missed that we already had done a TESE and had frozen sperm to use. ... he retested everything, including thyroid function and glucose, checked for receptivity of my uterus and checked to ensure my tubes were not leaking.
They [Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Inst] take almost all insurances, the clinic is clean and inviting. The procedure team and embryologists are worth the negatives!! Weakness would be disorganized nursing staff and very long wait times. ... When we were there the nursing staff was sub-par at best. I believe they have changed staff since then. ... His [Dr. Miller] nursing staff made you feel like cattle
Expect LONG wait times
His nursing staff made you feel like cattle
After repeated implantation failure at another clinic he retested everything, including thyroid function and glucose, checked for receptivity of my uterus and checked to ensure my tubes were not leaking. Results were a successful pregnancy after adding in thyroid medicine and increased Progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
They take almost all insurances, the clinic is clean and inviting. The procedure team and embryologists are worth the negatives!! Weakness would be disorganized nursing staff and very long wait times.