6.7

630-428-2229
1900 E. Golf Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60173
847-593-1040

I thought the monitoring appointments [at The Advanced Gynecological Surgery Institute] were a well-oiled machine. It's monitoring, I didn't want to be there forever, they don't want me to be there forever. It was personal enough that I didn't feel rushed but fast enough it didn't take up my whole day... If you call and you have to leave a voicemail for receptionist they always called back. If you called and left a message for the nurse, they most likely sent a portal message but would sometimes call back. They were very upfront with the fact that I may not hear back from them with results or instructions for the day until 5:00 at night or later depending on Dr. Miller's schedule. If he was in surgeries all day, you may have to wait longer to get your results. But they always got back to me. There is an after hours number that you can call. I only had to use it once but they answered my question and all was well. Weaknesses- if you really want to talk to someone every time about medication changes or see the dr every time you go to the clinic, you will not. You have to wait for your blood results and further instructions of medications for the following day or that evening until late in the evening sometimes. Every time I met with Dr. Miller, I never had a question or doubt that he didn't have my best interests in mind. He was thorough and he knew where I was in cycle and where he need to get me to be ready for a transfer.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Dr. Miller is like the Wonderful Wizard of Oz to me. I always knew he was there but I didn't always see him. I was ok with that though. I did not see him every time I had an ultrasound or blood draw but he reviewed my results and a nurse would get back to me the same day. If I had questions about what they told me, they would contact him and get back to me, so I knew he was always around. I liked that when I saw him walking around the hallways, he always had energy and was most likely singing. Our first consultation with Dr. Miller, he addressed some health issue that some doctors had skimmed over previously, thyroid and low blood sugar. He also addressed the premature labor I went through with my daughter which other doctors had not. Like I said, I did not see Dr. Miller for routine check-ups. I saw Dr. Miller for more important matter, when I had a HSG, before, during and after septum reduction surgery, before and after egg retrieval, and before and after embryo transfer. He told us what to expect and then after what happened and where we would go from there.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
He is a very busy man. His clinic is not only for fertility patients, he also does gynecology surgeries. He is in surgery 2-3 times a week. You communicate a lot with the nurses, so if you are looking for a doctor you are going to see every time you have an appointment, he is not the doctor for you. I was ok with not seeing him every appointment. He is not the first fertility doctor I've gone too and I did not feel like I needed to see him every time I was in the office because I felt like he was still taking care of me and I was getting what I needed from him without seeing him face to face.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
I felt that I was treated like a human because of Dr. Miller's staff. When undergoing fertility treatments, you are at the doctor's office often and you get to know the nurses. I always felt welcome. When I was getting blood drawn or an ultrasound the staff would talk to me like a person and give me encouragement. They would ask how I was doing and feeling. One of the sonographers/nurses I became close with and when I was upset she would hug me and give me hope that it was going to be ok. Dr. Miller is a very busy man. Although I didn't see him often, I saw him when it was important. When he met with me, he talked to me like a person. He would explain procedures or where we were at in the process and not talk down to me. He would give me time to ask questions and make sure all of my questions were answered. If I was given instructions from a nurse that I had questions about, they would contact Dr. Miller and give me an explanation as to why he was doing what he was doing.
Describe the protocols Charles Miller used in your cycles at The Advanced IVF Institute and their degree of success.
The first thing Dr. Miller told me was that I was going to have surgery before I went through an IVF cycle. He did not feel that IUI was safe for me to try again because of the amount of follicles that I have. He had me begin taking vitamin supplements Pregnitude, CoQ10, and Vitamin D. Metformin for low blood sugar and Levythyroxine for thyroid. My daughter was born 10 weeks early. He believed that I need to have septum reduction surgery to make more room in my uterus for a baby to grow to prevent giving birth to a premature baby. I had the surgery in May 2019. We began our first IVF cycle in July of 2019. I apologize I cannot remember all the of doses of everything because it was a year ago now. I was taking Menopur Follistim Lupron Levonox (blood thinner) Prenatal vitamin and supplements From Day 3 to Day 7, I had over 50 follicles growing. I had some very large ones and my estrogen was very high. He cut back on my doses. I started to even out but then my hormone levels dropped significantly so the cycle was cancelled. We tried again in October 2019. We used the same medications Menopur Follistim Lupron Levonox (blood thinner) Prenatal vitamin and supplements I returned to the clinic a day earlier for my levels to be checked. We cut back on Follistim again because I had a good number of follicles growing at the same rate. We did a successful egg retrieval that cycle but had to do a freeze cycle for fear of me hyperstimulating if we did a fresh transfer. December 2019 we began a freeze cycle ( I still have these instructions saved) - Tue 12/10/2019: o Prenatal Vit 1 -, As directed. o Lovenox 40 mg, 40mg SC once daily o Estrace PO 2 mg, Take 2 mg by mouth every evening as directed o Baby Aspirin 81 mg, Take 81 mg tablet by mouth every day as directed - Wed 12/11/2019: o Levothyroxine 25 mcg, Take one tablet by mouth daily. o Prenatal Vit 1 -, As directed. o Lovenox 40 mg, 40mg SC once daily o Lupron 5 units, Inject 5 units subcutaneously between 5-9 AM, as directed o Estrace PO 2 mg, take 2mg every morning as directed o Estrace PO 2 mg, Take 2 mg by mouth every evening as directed o Progesterone in sesame oil 50 mg/ml, Inject 50 mg (1ml) PM o Baby Aspirin 81 mg, Take 81 mg tablet by mouth every day as directed o Zithromax 250 mg, Take one tablet in the morning. - Thu 12/12/2019: o Levothyroxine 25 mcg, Take one tablet by mouth daily. o Prenatal Vit 1 -, As directed. o Lovenox 40 mg, 40mg SC once daily o Estrace PO 2 mg, take 2mg every morning as directed o Estrace PO 2 mg, Take 2 mg by mouth every evening as directed o Progesterone in sesame oil 50 mg/ml, Inject 50 mg (1ml) PM o Baby Aspirin 81 mg, Take 81 mg tablet by mouth every day as directed o Zithromax 250 mg, Take one tablet in the morning. o Medrol 16 mg, Take 1 tablet daily at bed time as directed After the procedure, Progesterone in sesame oil 75 ml
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Taryn)
The first care coordinator we had was Monica and she went over all of the details and medications I would be taking and how to administer all of them. Due to balancing caseloads our care coordinator was Taryn. I did not see her face to face often she would send me portal messages or follow up with me while I was at the office if I had questions. She was very nice and supportive. Courtney was one of the sonographers that was awesome. She was down to earth. She cared about how I was feeling. She offered encouragement and would give me a hug if I was feeling down. The nurse that drew my blood was always up beat and would ask how I was doing. Always had a smile on her face. The other two sonographers were always pleasant and would give me positive feedback. One of the IVF nurses was always ready to answer questions and offered support when needed.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Strengths - someone will always get back to you. If you call and you have to leave a voicemail for receptionist they always called back. If you called and left a message for the nurse, they most likely sent a portal message but would sometimes call back. They were very upfront with the fact that I may not hear back from them with results or instructions for the day until 5:00 at night or later depending on Dr. Miller's schedule. If he was in surgeries all day, you may have to wait longer to get your results. But they always got back to me. There is an after hours number that you can call. I only had to use it once but they answered my question and all was well. Weaknesses- if you really want to talk to someone every time about medication changes or see the dr every time you go to the clinic, you will not. You have to wait for your blood results and further instructions of medications for the following day or that evening until late in the evening sometimes. Every time I met with Dr. Miller, I never had a question or doubt that he didn't have my best interests in mind. He was thorough and he knew where I was in cycle and where he need to get me to be ready for a transfer.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Advanced IVF Institute.
I thought the monitoring appointments were a well-oiled machine. It's monitoring, I didn't want to be there forever, they don't want me to be there forever. It was personal enough that I didn't feel rushed but fast enough it didn't take up my whole day. Monitoring appointments had to be scheduled before 10:00 am for same day results. The clinic would start seeing patients at 6:00 am I believe.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute.
My insurance luckily paid for my fertility treatments. After I reached my $500 deductible, I had a 10% co-pay until I met my out of pocket max of $1,500. I can say that I had my first consultation in February. I had one appointment in March and two in April to prep for my surgery. I had surgery in May and by June I met my out of pocket max. When I started my IVF cycle in July I had met my out of pocket max and I did not pay anything from July - December. I was very fortunate. I did receive EOB's most monitoring appointments cost around $350 each appointment. The retrieval and transfer each cost between $3,000-$4,000
Describe Charles Miller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Dr. Miller said that he would only transfer one embryo for our first transfer. I am in good health and since I had been able to get pregnant successfully at a previous time he did not feel that we needed to transfer more than one. Also, I am at high risk of having multiples because of the amount of follicles that I have that he did not feel it was safe to transfer more than one at this time. We didn't discuss transferring more than one. If the procedure would not have been successful maybe it would have been a discussion at a later time.

2021, Successful
Dr. Miller came to our initial consult with a plan of action. He was confident in his individualized approach based on what he saw in our chart. I immediately felt like this was a person that I could trust...He is methodical, confident, extremely intelligent, attuned to the needs of his patients, and cares first about the health and safety of the patients he is working with. He is also approachable, good natured, and kind.
This nursing staff [at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] is compassionate and knowledgeable. It's clear that Dr. Miller trusts his staff and with good reason. They are compassionate and smart...It's really convenient to be able to make appointments at 6am. I was always in and out quickly. The office has a small feel to it, and you don't feel like a number. I was always greeted kindly and seen quickly...
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Dr. Miller is nothing short of a genius. If I had a friend who needed fertility treatment, there is nowhere else I would send them. He is methodical, confident, extremely intelligent, attuned to the needs of his patients, and cares first about the health and safety of the patients he is working with. He is also approachable, good natured, and kind.
Trust him and trust the process. There is no one better, this doctor is highly skilled and uses evidence-based medicine to get you results. Don't be afraid to ask questions, never did I have an experience in which someone wasn't prepared to answer.
Dr. Miller came to our initial consult with a plan of action. He was confident in his individualized approach based on what he saw in our chart. I immediately felt like this was a person that I could trust. When I met with his staff, it was no different. I felt that they took an interest in me and cared about my progress. Everyone asked me what questions I had and never rushed me. Every single person I encountered was reassuring, kind, and extremely knowledgeable.
I used a Lupron protocol with Follistim and Menopur. We also used an HCG trigger shot. Because I have an autoimmune disease, I was also prescribed blood thinners and there was an oral steroid used to treat high DHEAS.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced IVF Institute.
This nursing staff is compassionate and knowledgeable. It's clear that Dr. Miller trusts his staff and with good reason. They are compassionate and smart. They do work fast so I caught one mistake in my instructions in the course of treatment, but when I asked they were apologetic and quick to correct it, which is all I can ask for.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
We were blessed to have the vast majority of our care covered by insurance. We did opt to freeze a sperm sample (I think this was $200). We did DNA fragmentation testing on my husband's sperm (I think this was in the $200 range) and when DNA frag was found, we opted for Zymot (I think this was in the $300-400 range). Additionally, we paid freeze and storage fees for our frozen embryos.
I had high quality embryos on day 5, and Dr. Miller transferred one embryo. I did not want to transfer two for safety reasons so this worked fine for me.

2020, Unknown Success
Every time that my husband and I have sat down with Dr. Miller, he has given us his full attention, and it's evident that he has carefully reviewed our records and results. He seems very genuine in his interactions and has given us adequate time to ask questions about next steps. ... Dr. Miller's diagnostic testing was extensive and included several tests that our previous clinic did not include, which provided us with valuable information. In addition, Dr. Miller took into account the fact that we are self-pay patients and proposed a treatment option that will not only be more affordable for us but that also has excellent potential.
Results are not consistently uploaded into the patient portal, but I have always received results either via phone call or the portal. ... I have only been with the clinic [The Advanced Gynecologic Surg Inst] a few months, but every interaction that I've had with the nursing staff has been positive. I have heard and read many reviews about the staff communication being terrible. However, every time I have called, I have received a call back either that same day or the next day. I do think the office is likely understaffed, but everyone seems to be doing the best they can.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
My husband and I have not yet completed a treatment cycle with Dr. Miller, but we will be starting treatment soon. Dr. Miller's diagnostic testing was extensive and included several tests that our previous clinic did not include, which provided us with valuable information. In addition, Dr. Miller took into account the fact that we are self-pay patients and proposed a treatment option that will not only be more affordable for us but that also has excellent potential. I appreciate him sharing exact figures with us in terms of the likelihood of success with each treatment option so that we could make an educated decision. It is also worth noting that Dr. Miller found a cancerous tumor in one of my sister's ovaries during surgery for endometriosis last year. Prior to the surgery, my sister did not know that she had ovarian cancer. Not all doctors send in tissue for biopsy, but Dr. Miller does, and his decision to do so saved my sister's life. My family will forever be grateful to Dr. Miller for finding her cancer early. With his help, she was able to successfully freeze two embryos prior to beginning chemotherapy for future transfers.
He is often running behind schedule, and it takes some time to get an appointment with him, but he is worth the wait!
N/A - have not yet begun treatment
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Tarin)
I have only been with the clinic a few months, but every interaction that I've had with the nursing staff has been positive. I have heard and read many reviews about the staff communication being terrible. However, every time I have called, I have received a call back either that same day or the next day. I do think the office is likely understaffed, but everyone seems to be doing the best they can.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
As with anything when it comes to your health, it's important to always be your own advocate because no one will advocate better for you than you! Some people have complained about the communication at this office. However, my suggestion would be to keep calling until you get a response. Everyone that I have interacted with at this clinic has been very kind and attentive.
There were a few diagnostic tests that were not covered by insurance: OAR (Ovarian Assessment Report), CAP score, and DNA fragmentation. For self-pay patients, a round of Invocell IVF is $7400 plus meds, and a round of traditional IVF is approximately $14,000 plus meds and additional fees.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Results are not consistently uploaded into the patient portal, but I have always received results either via phone call or the portal. No results have gone missing.
Naperville
I went to Dr. Miller because I had fibroids and polyps. I’ve did 5 IUI cycles with a prior Dr. and I have had a total of 4 surgeries. So, when I came to see Dr. Miller he sat up a plan of things to get done. Each one was a step to him to figure out what was going on with me and my body. One by one. Those tests, blood work, and surgery was done...He was very kind. He looked over my history and wrote out a plan. I had my HSG a few days later and then about 2 weeks later I was in for surgery. He explained everything to me in detail. He didn’t rush. I appreciate him for that.
Eileen [nurse at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] was amazing. She was so nice and understanding especially when it came to the paperwork for the surgery. That was a headache. She shown so much care and compassion. When I had questions about my surgery. She answered then with no hesitation. Very knowledgeable. I appreciate her...They accept everyone, no matter what your lifestyle is. Very compassionate. They care about YOU! They are very clean. Very organized. They are friendly. I think that they should have more people at the front desk.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Dr. Miller was very familiar with what he was doing. He had a lot of knowledge. He explained things to me in detail when I didn’t understand. I didn’t feel rushed or like I was to nervous to talk about what is/was going on with my body. He was compassionate and so understanding.
Just make sure you tell him everything. Don’t leave anything out about your history. I went through 2 other Dr’s before seeing Charles aka Chuck! It’s ok to cry. It’s ok to open up. He is here to help you.
Dr. Charles Miller was my last Doctor I went to. He was referred to me by Dr. Robert Kiltz. He was very kind. He looked over my history and wrote out a plan. I had my HSG a few days later and then about 2 weeks later I was in for surgery. He explained everything to me in detail. He didn’t rush. I appreciate him for that.
So, I went to Dr. Miller because I had fibroids and polyps. I’ve did 5 IUI cycles with a prior Dr. and I have had a total of 4 surgeries. So, when I came to see Dr. Miller he sat up a plan of things to get done. Each one was a step to him to figure out what was going on with me and my body. One by one. Those tests, blood work, and surgery was done.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Eileen Pagliara was amazing. She was so nice and understanding especially when it came to the paperwork for the surgery. That was a headache. She shown so much care and compassion. When I had questions about my surgery. She answered then with no hesitation. Very knowledgeable. I appreciate her. You’re amazing.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Well, my surgery was $35k I still owe $15k So, it all depends. I honestly feel like he has good prices. He was out-of-network for me because of my work insurance. But I wanted the best of the best. I think his prices are very reasonable.
7 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. miller is vey straight forward, and that’s exactly what I need after so many failed cycles. I need answers, and he is helping me find them. He is a very busy man, but I believe it is because he wants to help women achieve their goals of having a baby... We have been doing a lot of investigating testing to why all my 13 failed transfers have not worked...My protocol Consists of menupor, Folistim, lovenox steroid for auto immune, baby aspirin, and ganirelix ....My last retrieval produced 11 eggs and so far have seven day one frozen embryos.
They [nurses at Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] are a bit unorganized for somebody that’s been in the field for so long, however I do believe they are trying to accommodate everyone that sees Dr. Miller...I feel the nurse staff should have been a little bit more clear at the beginning at my first nurse consult. They should have explained to me more about the window of opportunity to do certain cycles at certain times. I got my period on a certain day last month thinking that I would be able to move forward with my retrieval, to only find out that I did not fall into the window of opportunity therefore I had to wait another month! Which is very crucial to me ...Because my situation is very time sensitive, for I am turning 45 in a few weeks!
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
I have Not been with Dr. Charles Miller for very long, since last August! We have been doing a lot of investigating testing to why all my 13 failed transfers have not worked. He has been very straightforward and very helpful and I truly believe that he wants to help me achieve success and having a baby. I believe he leaves no stone unturned! And even though he is very busy with a lot of patience, I believe it is because he wants to help everyone that asks for his help!
Be your own advocate, ask lots of questions!
Done so far. I’m in the process of backing starting Nother retrieval cycle that I will have about a week! My protocol Consists of menupor, Folistim, lovenox steroid for auto immune, baby aspirin, and ganirelix ....My last retrieval produced 11 eggs and so far have seven day one frozen embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced IVF Institute.
They are a bit unorganized for somebody that’s been in the field for so long, however I do believe they are trying to accommodate everyone that sees Dr. Miller.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
I feel it’s very important to be your own advocate! Ask a lot of questions and do a lot of research! Sometimes things can be forgotten about or phone calls may take some time to be returned! I truly believe that Dr. Miller wants the best for all his patients however the communication skills from the nurses are not the greatest! So it’s important to stay on top of everything and just believe that everything will fall into place as it should.
In general, I did not have to wait very long especially at the Park Ridge office there was hardly any wait at all! And I feel they are very thorough with the monitoring.
BeI guess almost 45 years old, it is very important that we do PGS testing, which is extremely expensive and this will be our fourth PGS testing ...This will be our first time doing these tests with Dr Charles Miller, and they are not cheap. Also, we have spent a lot of money doing certain tests that were out of pocket, like some blood work and ERA TEST.
We will be doing a single embryo transfer because we will be doing PGS testing
Schaumburg
Dr Miller is a little quirky and his personality could be off-putting to some people. If you are looking for a extremely nurturing and loving doctor, he’s not it. He is, however, very friendly and honest and does a great job explaining all of the options, risks and success rates...We ended up going with an antagonist ganarelix cycle for our egg retrieval...The decision to go with the anatagonist protocol was due to our MFI and diminished ovarian reserve.
All of the nurses and support staff were wonderful. At least three of them when through IVF themselves which made such a difference in their care and treatment.... The clinic [Advanced Gyn Surg Inst] has a handful of nurses and you are assigned one primary nurse when you start the process. It really helps to have that one point of contact to lean on through out. They communicate via phone and through on online portal which I really like.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Dr Miller is a little quirky and his personality could be off-putting to some people. If you are looking for a extremely nurturing and loving doctor, he’s not it. He is, however, very friendly and honest and does a great job explaining all of the options, risks and success rates. Overall, I chose Dr Miller because he is one of the best at diagnosis fertility issues and creating a customized protocol that will get you the baby you need.
Be honest about what you are looking for and any concerns you have about the process.
Dr Miller took the time to understand what we wanted out of our infertility journey at the beginning and continually checked in to make sure our goals were still being met. Additionally, he took the time to get to know more about us as people. That attention to detail and humanization trickled down to his staff, as well.
We ended up going with an antagonist ganarelix cycle for our egg retrieval that resulted in 12 eggs, all mature, 10 fertilized and 8 day 5 embryos. We transferred 1 egg as a fresh transfer and froze the other 7. The transfer resulted in a live birth. The decision to go with the anatagonist protocol was due to our MFI and diminished ovarian reserve.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
The clinic has a handful of nurses and you are assigned one primary nurse when you start the process. It really helps to have that one point of contact to lean on through out. They communicate via phone and through on online portal which I really like. I’m a visual processor so seeing my results online first really helps. I then call Wendy if I have any follow up questions or concerns.
We were fortunate that our insurance covered a large amount of the cost. The medication cost was approx $3000
Dr Miller only gave us two options 1 or 2 embryos and was very clear on the success rates for single vs multiple births. We collectively agreed to start with 1 and then reevaluate if the first transfer didn’t work.
Schaumburg

First He wrote down the plan for my first step of the treatment, then they took a blood test for my thyroid, prolactin and defect gens. As a result he increase my thyroid drug and my gens were fine and my prolactin was elevated. Then, he send me for ultrasound , hystorosonogram , and endometrial biopsy as a result he was able to see my big fibroid specific location, my right tube was blocked and my biopsy was good, also he wanted all my information for previews doctors and surgeries. After that, I was able to have my Mhyomectomy and He removed my big fibroid, my right Fallopian tube (because it was damage for the scar tissue) and He cleaned my liver, intestines and my uterus because all the scar tissue. Finally he put a special mash on my stomach wall to prevent the scar tissue grow again. Now as a result of the surgery I am on the next step of the treatment ,what is taking all the vitamins and thinking about the possibility of the IVF treatment to be pregnant.
From the first visit we could tell Dr. Miller was very detailed orientated and organized by the notes he took. He spoke with a high degree of confidence, but not did not boost. Dr. Miller took the time to answer all of our questions in detail and addressed misleading concerns presented to us from another doctor. We felt safe in Dr. Miller's care. The only negative was we were unable to speak with Dr. Miller after my wife's surgery.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Be patient and realize this is a process, He is sending you to several tests and procedures that may be required. over and over again
Dr Miller treated us with respect and explained in detail the entire process. Also Dr. Miller assured us he would never put my wife's health at risk.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced IVF Institute.
They are organize and explained every step by the phone calls but when you see them at the clinic they need to be more organize and do not let you wait so long just for a question
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
The clinic it is very good organized, friendly and very fast
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced IVF Institute.
well they call me to make an appointment for my prolactine test and told me that I need to speak with a nurse that specific day, so I was there fasting and asking for the nurse after my test and they came to see me after an hour of my appointment, She was talking to me on the waiting area were everybody was listening about my case and all my personal information I was very hungry and tired I didn't like that
Naperville
He [Dr. Miller] was confident in his treatment plan for us. And his positive ness and confidence helped us find a some hope that it could work...he used the most aggressive protocol he had on me. But since I have DOR I really only produced 6-7 eggs that were retrievable...one did take and now I’m 31 weeks pregnant...smart and knows his stuff. I felt that he gave my husband and i options but also given his experience what he would recommend. Which we really appreciated.
I can’t think of any strengths [with the nurses at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] honestly. They didn’t always call back. I feel like if I call to ask if there’s a result in at least call me or send me a message saying results are not in. Instead I felt like I was an annoyance for asking questions or if asked for anything. I strongly believe they lacked compassion...The clinic was nice and clean. The wait time is horrible. If you have to work the morning of your test anticipate being late ALL the time. The secretaries are not friendly. They don’t look up to at least say hi half the time.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Dr Miller is smart and knows his stuff. I felt that he gave my husband and i options but also given his experience what he would recommend. Which we really appreciated. He was confident in his treatment plan for us. And his positive ness and confidence helped us find a some hope that it could work. We were blessed that one did take and now I’m 31 weeks pregnant and excited for my baby shower this weekend.
Hang in there and have a positive attitude that maybe this will be the one doctor to help you get pregnant. Ask tons of questions until you feel comfortable!
I didn’t feel so much as a number with dr Miller but with his staff I did. They weren’t as understanding or compassionate as you would want them. It’s a very difficult process to go thru.
I just remember dr Miller said he used the most aggressive protocol he had on me. But since I have DOR I really only produced 6-7 eggs that were retrievable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced IVF Institute.
I can’t think of any strengths honestly. They didn’t always call back. I feel like if I call to ask if there’s a result in at least call me or send me a message saying results are not in. Instead I felt like I was an annoyance for asking questions or if asked for anything. I strongly believe they lacked compassion.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Medications and extra labs that Miller would request. Most to a lab that was not covered by insurance bc according to miller it’s the only lab he trusts to base his work off of. So that made things more expensive
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced IVF Institute.
I just didn’t like the wait time. And the nurses not being compassionate or friendly

2013 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr. Miller] will not hold your hand through this process. He doesn't have time. You will feel like a number. But...he is SMART. he looks for the problem. He wants you to get pregnant. He doesn't say, this will never happen. You need to find your warm and fuzzies elsewhere...But when we are in that appointment, he definitely spent time explaining what went wrong and how we can try to improve for the next time...
[Adv IVF - Ch Miller - Schaum clinic is...] VERY high tech when it comes to the science but could be more high tech in terms of the communication. Would nice to do some things over email...very hard to get a hold of someone for question (need to call nurse, then they call me back, what if I miss the call...)...[Nurses are...] Very completely organized. Advocate for me. Very compassionate. They all want me to do well and have been a wonderful support team. Could use an update in terms of communication...voice mail box/paperwork is tedious...
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
First IVF Retrieval: 1 successful pregnancy. Coming back for #2 was a different story. Always wants to try new things, get more information. Found out that I had immune infertility issue after two chemical pregnancies. Changed course of action and did retrieval number 2. Five embryos, four normal. My first IVF retrieval had 30 eggs, the 2nd had less. Felt much better overall and had better quality eggs because he changed course of action.
He will not hold your hand through this process. He doesn't have time. You will feel like a number. But...he is SMART. he looks for the problem. He wants you to get pregnant. He doesn't say, this will never happen. You need to find your warm and fuzzies elsewhere.
Felt like a number sometimes...crazy busy hours, lots of patients. WAITING for a 20 minute WTF appointment. But when we are in that appointment, he definitely spent time explaining what went wrong and how we can try to improve for the next time.
Both times used a combo of follistim and menopur. The first time we went heavier doses of follistim (a recruiter) and less menopur. 29 mature eggs, 21 fertilized (ICSI) and 9 retrieved. 3 embryos used when going to transfer (one didnt survive thaw), two put back, one resulted in successful pregnancy. Second time we had heavier doses of menopur 16 eggs, 12 mature, 8 fertilized, 5 embryos, 4 were genetically tested to be normal. Putting 1 normal embryo back on 10/17/16
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Very minimal...my insurance covers everything.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Oh there was some issues with my GYN getting notes faxed over there...they kept asking for the results but I had sent over the fax several times. Minor issue
Schaumburg

I was diagnosed with PCOS and I was almost 40 years old, once on medications to help control the PCOS and regulate my cycle my body seemed to respond well. I did 3 rounds of IUI with the 3rd being cancelled because I had 6 eggs that looked ready to release. I then had another appointment with Dr. Miller where we decided to move on to IVF in order to control the amount of embryos...I liked how I was treated at this office
It is nice that they [Advanced IVF] have the Schaumburg office but it would have been nice to be able to have all appointments there. Transfers and IUI procedures are only done at the Naperville office...I liked how I was treated at this office, it Dinkins of feel like an assembly line of a baby making factory though. Everyone was very nice and personable... I never had a problem with the nursing staff all were nice and explained anything they were doing.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
I was diagnosed with PCOS and I was almost 40 years old, once on medications to help control the PCOS and regulate my cycle my body seemed to respond well. I did 3 rounds of IUI with the 3rd being cancelled because I had 6 eggs that looked ready to release. I then had another appointment with Dr. Miller where we decided to move on to IVF in order to control the amount of embryos. I did one round of IVF egg retrieval was not bad and 12 were pulled 8 were mature and 7 successfully fertilized. Two of my eggs that were grown for 5 days and were B grade were then transferred. The transfer was successful and I was pregnant with 1 of the 2 embryos implanted. I carried to 23 weeks 5 days when I had a lazy cervix and then a placental abrubtion. This was no fault of the Dr. My son was born 1lb 5oz. And spsnt 5 months and 1 day in the hospital but is now a healthy happy 15 month old boy.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
It is nice that they have the Schaumburg office but it would have been nice to be able to have all appointments there. Transfers and IUI procedures are only done at the Naperville office.
Thankfully I had HMO (knowing I was going to be trying to get pregnant I opted to pay for the more expensive coverage of HMO knowing it covered infertility, just in case) and everything was covered at 100 percent. The only thing we had to pay for was my husbands blood work. If I had realized we had to pay for it I would have had him go somewhere else to have it done because it would have been cheaper. I assumed my HMO would have paid for it because they paid for the other tests for him. So I am not going to complain for $300 out ofnpocket is about all I paid.
Schaumburg

We owe everything to Dr. Miller. He diagnosed me with a uterine septum pretty quickly after switching to his clinic from another one. During my first appointment he uncovered something was unusual with the shape of my uterus. He confirmed it while performing a D&C (the pregnancy that resulted in a miscarriage was from an IVF treatment from the previous clinic I was going to prior to seeing Dr. Miller). I spent years at another clinic that couldn't explain why I was having reoccurring miscarriages and Dr. Miller uncovered it pretty much right away. He is the most knowledgeable and comprehensive doctor in his field. The expert in infertility and uterine issues.
[The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute has] No weaknesses. They run a great practice. I always felt like I was receiving individualized care and it never felt like a cattle call. From the first appointment until I was released to my OBGYN, I had a great experience... Dr. Miller performed D&C and hysteroscopy. From there, he uncovered my uterine septum. Three months later, Dr. Miller performed surgery to repair the septum. A few months after that we did a FET that was successful!
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Take a deep breath and follow Dr. Miller's instructions and recommendations. Sometimes I would get frustrated because we were doing procedures I had previously done at the previous clinic but that just goes to show that Dr. Miller is very thorough. He wants to have the uterus in perfect condition to increase the changes of conceiving. What I sometimes felt was redundant was necessary as I look back.
Dr. Miller and his staff always made my care feel personalized. Dr. Miller took the time to meet with me and my spouse to go over my history, the current issues/challenges, and what the course of action and options we had to try and become parents. He covered ALL options and was very honest, thorough, and realistic. The expectations were clear. Treatment was not a guarantee.
I did not to an egg retrieval with Dr. Miller as that was done at the previous clinic I was at. When I first came to Dr. Miller, I was pregnant from an FET performed at a different clinic. The previous doctor informed me that I would miscarry as growth had stopped around 7-8 weeks. Dr. Miller performed D&C and hysteroscopy. From there, he uncovered my uterine septum. Three months later, Dr. Miller performed surgery to repair the septum. A few months after that we did a FET that was successful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute.
They were thorough, knowledgeable, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
I don't really remember. Insurance covered portions of the treatment and procedures.
The choice was up to me but I only had 2 frozen embryos left. Both were good quality (A and BB). Because my uterus and lining looked perfect, we decided to transfer the best quality egg (the A) and it worked!
Naperville
Dr Miller was very thorough in providing testing to determine what the best course of treatment was and why that was his recommendation. While I would have liked a little more interaction with him, the vast majority of my appointments were testing/monitoring and I could see why that is not necessary. After every test the he reivewed the results and provided timely instruction so I knew what the next steps were... I ended up in a freeze all cycle due to OHSS, which did end up landing me overnight in the hospital even with receiving medication to try and stop it.
The early morning hours for montioring were great!...My primary nurse overall was very organized and knowledgable. Occasionally she was not as compassionate as I would have liked, the other nurse that would cover for my primary when she was out was a lot more compassionate and I wish she would have been my primary....every once in a while I would not be able to get one of the early timeslots which would cause me to be late to work especially if they were running behind.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Make sure to come prepared with any and all questions that you may have. It is a lot of information to take in and you may not think of your questions while you are in the office, so write them down.
I do not remember the name of the specific protocol. I was on lupron for a couple week prior, then started taking 75 of menopur in the am and various amounts of follistim in the pm. My doses of follistim were adjusted multiple due to my reactions to the medication. I ended up in a freeze all cycle due to OHSS, which did end up landing me overnight in the hospital even with receiving medication to try and stop it. My next cycle was a FET with 2 embroyos, which was successful and I am currently 33 weeks pregnant with twins.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
The early morning hours for montioring were great! For the most part I was able to get in before work without an issue, every once in a while I would not be able to get one of the early timeslots which would cause me to be late to work especially if they were running behind.
I do not recall, I had multiple insurace policies to assist with paying. I went to the marketplace to purchase my own insurance to cover treatment since the insurance through my employer did not have coverage.

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Miller listened to my concerns and questions and answered then completely and made sure I was comfortable with the course of treatment, especially because my complications were rare. When I had a miscarriage he let me steer the cours of how proactive I wanted to be for answers. I did wait a long time for him at appointments, but I didn't mind that much because I felt like he took the time with me and he managed to squeeze me in when my treatment cycle needing changing...
They [Adv IVF - Ch Miller - Naperville] were pretty in time for blood work and ultrasounds, but behind for procedures and more intensive appointments. I loved my ultrasound techs...Sometimes I felt like what the nurse said to do after an appointment was different than what Dr Miller initially said. I always emailed him when this happened or asked for a return call...His nurses are a little formulaic in how they treat you. I did feel that sometimes they were "just making another call."...
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Know before you go. I think he appreciated that I was an educated patient and asked thoughtful questions. I had been through IVF many times by the time I saw him so I had many questions about why his cycle plans for me were so different. Don't be afraid to email him. He responds to questions.
My questions were always answered and took the time for extra monitoring when I needed it or wanted it. Testing was thorough and we left no stone unturned. Nurses always called me back in a timely fashion. Dr Miller never rushed my appointments and talked me through all my options
Dr. Miller emphasized quality not quantity. I retrieved less eggs, but they were better rated. I also think his standards for grading embryos are very high. Once I had a miscarriage, we did a complete immune panel and found some potential issues and he treated it accordingly. For egg retrieval, I was on Gonal F and Menopur. He does estrogen support in pill form and suppositories- no patches. I also was on his supplement recommendations, lovenox for immune issues and PIO. He is super cautious and used way more PIO than my previous doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Wendy, Jessica )
His nurses are a little formulaic in how they treat you. I did feel that sometimes they were "just making another call." They weren't amazing about me asking for other appointments, but I think it's because they can't manipulate his schedule. Overall, they were great, but it's a stressful process and sometimes I was frustrated.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
They were pretty in time for blood work and ultrasounds, but behind for procedures and more intensive appointments. I loved my ultrasound techs.
My insurance coverage was great so I was fortunate. The drugs that weren't covered were cautiously ordered so I didn't overspend.
2013 - 2014, Successful
Dr. Miller was very confident in his abilities, but it did NOT come off as arrogant. He was extremely organized and created a very detailed, clear, and step by step plan for us. He was always professional and we were impressed with his outcomes from his other patients. At the same time, he was approachable and treated us with respect. He made us feel like VIP. We had NO negative experience with him.
Our nurse [at Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] was very organized and on top of things. She was compassionate when our first cycle was not successful, and assured us that this would help the doctor make adjustments for a better outcome during the next cycle. She was right!.. Strengths: very organized, amiable and professional staff, compassionate staff. Weaknesses: sometimes can be behind on the schedule but NOT for the actual treatment procedures
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Prepare for long wait times in the office when meeting with him, but know that when it is your turn with him, he will give you all the time you need as well.
We were treated with kindness and given all the time we needed with the doctor to ask questions. The nurses and other staff were all very supportive throughout the process.
It has been about 5 years now so I don't remember too many specifics. We did IVF (ICSI). The first cycle was not successful, so he changed one of my injectable meds and also added another to take after the embryo transfer to improve my uterine lining. He also suggested accupuncture during the second cycle. We transferred two embryos (which were better quality than the two we transferred in our first cycle) and we had a successful twin pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Our nurse was very organized and on top of things. She was compassionate when our first cycle was not successful, and assured us that this would help the doctor make adjustments for a better outcome during the next cycle. She was right!
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Strengths: very organized, amiable and professional staff, compassionate staff. Weaknesses: sometimes can be behind on the schedule but NOT for the actual treatment procedures. They have amazing outcomes and are the best in the area. I highly recommend them!
It was mostly covered by our insurance. We paid very little percentage wise. Meds were also mostly covered, and the clinic have us meds for free when there was any issue with getting them covered by insurance.
We preferred transferring two embryos for higher likelihood of pregnancy, and Dr. Miller told us with our second cycle that the embryos were very high quality and the likelihood of twins was high. We and Dr. Miller were all comfortable with that possibility.
2013, Successful
He [Dr. Charles Miller] was so kind, engaging, understanding and open any ideas that we had and we had a lot. We went through 2 terrible doctors prior so knew what we wanted. He agreed to everything we needed and was there for us every step of the way.... By the time we found Dr Miller we knew what my body needed and what process worked. So we came in with a game plan and he agreed to it. Everything went simply as planned.
[Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute-Naperville has] No weaknesses. They are incredible. Easy to get into the facility, never had to wait a long time when I had an appointment, everyone was very kind, respectful and showed great care and compassion. They have an amazing staff here and I highly recommend them to anyone in need.... I had 2 remaining frozen embryos we moved over from the previous IVF doctor. I took valium the day of my transfer and he placed them inside and they both took. I think i was the most relaxed because we had been through it so many times previously.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
He was so kind, engaging, understanding and open any ideas that we had and we had a lot. We went through 2 terrible doctors prior so knew what we wanted. He agreed to everything we needed and was there for us every step of the way.
Do your research on IVF and come in with some ideas or any questions. And do not go to anyone else.. he is the best!!!
By the time we found Dr Miller we knew what my body needed and what process worked. So we came in with a game plan and he agreed to it. Everything went simply as planned. The nurses were so kind and involved. Even post pregnancy years later when I conceived on my own but miscarried.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Wish i remember her name she was amazing. So sweet and caring and always took my call. A few years later I conceived naturally and unexpectantly and my OB would not see me and she did-- PATTY!!! I miscarried but she was there for me every was I was no longer an Ivf patient.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
It was out of pocket so maybe 6-8k if I am remembering correctly. But by the time we came to him we had the frozen embryos already and needed him for the transfer.
Not that I remember
2012 - 2013, Successful
He [Dr. Miller] was kind but firm, caring but cautious during our consultation. I felt like he was very knowledgable with diminished ovarian reserve and poor egg quality like I had...He was very sure of himself and his abilities and knowledge yet explained everything to me very clearly and always answered all my questions...He was very knowledgable about DHEA and DOR for the time (over 6 years ago). He knew it would help get my AMH number up and he was right. Although my last IVF cycle with him resulted in just an IUI (he cancelled the retrieval as I only produced 2 follicles/eggs) did not result in a pregnancy, I conceived naturally the very next month which I attribute to 1. the fertility drugs and his high stim protocol still being in my system and 2. the DHEA I was taking per his knowledge of how this drug helps DOR and AMH levels and 3. The stress of another retrieval, payment etc being taken off me.
They [staff at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] kept my spirits high and thought highly of Dr. Miller and his ability/knowledge. During egg retrievals/transfers I always felt taken care of and everyone always explained to me what was going on and what the next steps were...The nurses were always very wonderful, happy/cheerful and supportive. Which is exactly what I needed...Sometimes the wait was long at my appointment but otherwise, the blood draws, knowledge and care was exactly what I expected.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
He was very sure of himself and his abilities and knowledge yet explained everything to me very clearly and always answered all my questions. Embryo implantations were calm and pain free and he always took his time and showed me my embryo on the screen before and after implantation.
Don't be afraid to ask questions
He was kind but firm, caring but cautious during our consultation. I felt like he was very knowledgable with diminished ovarian reserve and poor egg quality like I had.
I do not remember specifics but do know that he put me on the max dosage of the stimulation drugs as my previous IVF with a different doctor didn't result in many eggs at retrieval. I did take DHEA for diminished ovarian reserve for several months before the first procedure. He was very knowledgable about DHEA and DOR for the time (over 6 years ago). He knew it would help get my AMH number up and he was right. Although my last IVF cycle with him resulted in just an IUI (he cancelled the retrieval as I only produced 2 follicles/eggs) did not result in a pregnancy, I conceived naturally the very next month which I attribute to 1. the fertility drugs and his high stim protocol still being in my system and 2. the DHEA I was taking per his knowledge of how this drug helps DOR and AMH levels and 3. The stress of another retrieval, payment etc being taken off me. Changing my IVF cycle to an IUI because of only 2 follicles/eggs was a wonderful suggestion/decision on his part. I would have still gone through with it but he knew not to.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: I don't remember but I did have one.)
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Sometimes the wait was long at my appointment but otherwise, the blood draws, knowledge and care was exactly what I expected. Nurses were kind and always willing to help with questions. They kept my spirits high and thought highly of Dr. Miller and his ability/knowledge. During egg retrievals/transfers I always felt taken care of and everyone always explained to me what was going on and what the next steps were.
I don't remember specifics but I know the medications/prescriptions were very expensive. We had insurance coverage as well.
He always discussed the outcomes/consequences with me and he never suggested more than 2 embryos to be transferred. I can't remember exactly but I think both times we only transferred/implanted one.

2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Miller has done a through job completing a full work-up and confirming my diagnosis of PCOS. I like that Dr. Miller is always aware of the plan for both my husband and me, as well as his confidence and how direct he is with our plan of care...Dr. Miller is direct and confident in his approach, which I love! I enjoy that he has a plan in place, is through in his explanations, and is able to get to the point when speaking with both my husband and me. He is very kind and answers all questions, I never feel rushed.
I feel there are not any areas to improve regarding the [Advanced IVF Institute] clinic. Overall the clinic itself appears clean and welcoming. Those who greet you are always pleasant. I feel everyone works well together and communication is always great! I do not feel there is anything requiring improvement.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Go in with an open mind, Dr. Miller has been practicing for many years and may come up with a plan you may not have expected.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Adams)
All nursing/ancillary staff at Dr. Miller's clinics have been wonderful! Each of them is kind, patient, and always has a smile on their face. :) Lauren Adams, is an excellent nurse and a wonderful resource. She takes the time to explain answers to all my questions, I am very grateful to have her working with me.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
I feel there are not any areas to improve regarding the clinic. Overall the clinic itself appears clean and welcoming. Those who greet you are always pleasant. I feel everyone works well together and communication is always great! I do not feel there is anything requiring improvement.
I am still continuing treatment, but all costs associated with my care thus-far have been as expected.
I am currently preparing to being IVF.
Naperville

I feel that [Dr. ] Miller listens and takes into consideration everything I ask. He has very good bed manners. I feel very welcomed and important. He never rushes me out of the office...I feel that he keeps up with all newest findings by going to conferences...I had done two Stim cycles with different doctor and Miller suggested not to suppress me with Lupron and instead to do ganirelix and hgh cycle. My egg quality is poor and he thinks it has a lot of to do with my age as well. I agreed with Miller to try different protocol.
Nurses are great and I feel like front desk [at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute-Naperville] was very helpful setting up all appointments, they bent backwards to get my husband in for his testing. It is a little hard sometimes to reach them, but if I leave a voicemail I do get phone call following day. There are two locations which are very convenient for me...I interacted with my nurse Maggie most, she was very nice and helpful filling out all paperwork and explaining all steps. I have never felt pressure to do something I didn’t feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Miller is very knowledgeable, great bed manners, listened to me very carefully and made notes every time, everything stayed in my file. I never feel rushed. De Miller is very compassionate, I feel that he keeps up with all newest findings by going to conferences. In one of the representations I went to his partner described him as a best ivf doctor in Illinois.
Trust Miller, he knows what he is doing,
I feel that Miller listens and takes into consideration everything I ask. He has very good bed manners. I feel very welcomed and important. He never rushes me out of the office
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Monika and Maggie)
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Nurses are great and I feel like front desk was very helpful setting up all appointments, they bent backwards to get my husband in for his testing. It is a little hard sometimes to reach them, but if I leave a voicemail I do get phone call following day. There are two locations which are very convenient for me.
I am still under this doctors care and I pay as I go
Miller suggested to transfer three non PhD tested embryos. I agree with him
2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Miller. From our first consult until now, he's been nothing but warm and compassionate with us. I trust what he tells me. His team is also exceptional. I feel like I'm in great hands!...Dr. Miller preformed by tubal reversal surgery last year. Following the surgery, I was given my options based upon how aggressive I wanted my treatment to be. He explained each option fully. I completed 3 clomid cycles with monitoring. All of those ended with a negative pregnancy test. I did two IUI cycles after that which were unsuccessful. While awaiting for IVF to begin, my husband and I got pregnant spontaneously but that ended in miscarriage. Dr Miller performed my D and C. I am now awaiting an IVF with ICSI and PGS testing cycle.
TRUST HIM!!
All of the staff knew me by name. I felt welcomed when entering the clinic and throughout my visits.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Sometimes the communication was a tad lacking but it didn't bother me. I'm happy to be in a clinic with great results!
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Strengths- Dr. Miller, front desk staff, phlebotomist Fanny, most nurses.
I have been able to use insurance for most of my procedures and appointments/
I have not gotten to that point yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced IVF Institute.
The only one thing was a prescption was not called in quickly. I needed to call and follow up the next day.
Schaumburg

Dr. Miller is a genius and one of the best in his field. If you have endo I would recommend him over anyone else in Illinois. He is compassionate and brilliant and I trust him completely. ... So far it’s been great, he performed surgery on me ... I feel so much better. I will be starting stimulation for egg retrieval soon and I have faith in Dr. Miller to help me achieve a healthy pregnancy.
Large clinic [Advanced Gynecologic Surg Inst], lots of patients, message responses instead of phone calls and there’s only a one way message system, nurses can message you but you can’t message back. ... Poor communication and having to check in frequently and remind nurses of prescriptions or med changes. ... Weakness- nursing staff is very busy and overwhelmed and things can get lost in the shuffle so you really have to keep up with everything yourself and stay on top of the nurses. ... Alina has been great so far but I do not always communicate with just her, I hear from other nurses most of the time.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
So far it’s been great, he performed surgery on me and referred me to Dr. Park for rectal endo and they both removed it and I feel so much better. I will be starting stimulation for egg retrieval soon and I have faith in Dr. Miller to help me achieve a healthy pregnancy.
Advocate for yourself, request to switch nurses if you aren’t happy with yours.
Large clinic, lots of patients, message responses instead of phone calls and there’s only a one way message system, nurses can message you but you can’t message back.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Alina )
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Dr. Miller is a genius and one of the best in his field. If you have endo I would recommend him over anyone else in Illinois. He is compassionate and brilliant and I trust him completely. Weakness- nursing staff is very busy and overwhelmed and things can get lost in the shuffle so you really have to keep up with everything yourself and stay on top of the nurses.
So far, $15,000
He said he will only do single embryo transfers on me
Naperville

Knows his [Dr. Charles Miller] stuff and will let you know he knows his stuff. Brilliant doctor I trust but extremely busy. This means you get little to no time with him must make the most of any appointment that you have the opportunity to see him. ... I had uterine fibroids surgery with him and this was successful. I am now currently going through our first of cycle and hoping for the best.
I am currently happy with my overall experience. Ask the right questions when not clear. You may need to take charge of your treatment and stay on top of them. It can get frustrating atimes. But stay the course and stay focussed. ... [Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Inst is] Cluster of an office you need to be able to navigate your way around.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Knows his stuff and will let you know he knows his stuff. Brilliant doctor I trust but extremely busy. This means you get little to no time with him must make the most of any appointment that you have the opportunity to see him.
Do you research and be ready with your questions ahead of time.
You need to be on top of things and follow-up it does get overwhelming quick
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Cluster of an office you need to be able to navigate your way around.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Surgery with insurance was high.
Will only transfer 1 if pgs tested but open to transfer more if you don't test based on age
Schaumburg

Dr. Miller was so knowledgeable and guided us with his compassion. His cutting-edge research gave us the best chance to conceive. The specialized plan was so on target with our specific needs. We were so lucky to have him as our doctor.... Dr. Miller was so personable, he took that time to get to know my husband and myself. He was confident that he could help us conceive and made a specialized plan for us.
I especially liked the option of going to the closer practice to my house for weekly appointments [at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute]. The procedures needed to be done in Naperville, but all of the other appointments I had at the closer appt to my house.... Dr. Miller was so knowledgeable and guided us with his compassion. His cutting-edge research gave us the best chance to conceive. The specialized plan was so on target with our specific needs. We were so lucky to have him as our doctor.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Believe in the process and in Dr. Miller.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: JoRene and Alex)
They were always supportive and made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
I especially liked the option of going to the closer practice to my house for weekly appointments. The procedures needed to be done in Naperville, but all of the other appointments I had at the closer appt to my house.
My insurance covered 90%
He explained all of our options and let us decide.
2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr. MILLER WAS DEFINITELY DIRECT AND STRAIGHT TO THE POINT BUT HE CARES ABOUT ME AND MY OUTCOME I WAS MORE THAN A NUMBER....He may not be super warm and fuzzy but he will get you the results you want. Remember he does care. He truly cares for you as a patient and cares about your outcome...Dr. Miller did everything he could to help me obtain my dream of being a mom. It was a grueling process but he was always up front with me.
The clinic [The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] was great! Clean and comfortable. I loved the girls at the front desk. They knew me by my first name. The ultrasound techs were always so super nice to me too. I just loved everyone there....I loved [nurse] Patti. Surprisingly I really miss her. She was so kind to me during my process...Dr. Miller did everything he could to help me obtain my dream of being a mom. It was a grueling process but he was always up front with me.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Dr. Miller did everything he could to help me obtain my dream of being a mom. It was a grueling process but he was always up front with me. He was always very kind to me and showed compassion for what I was going through. I will forever be grateful to him for helping me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Patti)
I loved Patti. Surprisingly I really miss her. She was so kind to me during my process.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
The clinic was great! Clean and comfortable. I loved the girls at the front desk. They knew me by my first name. The ultrasound techs were always so super nice to me too. I just loved everyone there.

2012 - 2014, Successful
Dr. Miller is extremely knowledgeable and always had a plan of action. He never gave up on us and explored every option when we had setbacks. I felt very confident in having him as our doctor. I also thought he was very warm and caring towards us. He gave us hugs whenever we saw him and told us often that he wanted this very badly for us. I felt he was very invested in helping us to have a child.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Put your trust in Dr. Miller and follow his course of treatment. He knows what he is doing. If you are unsure about something though, just ask. Dr. Miller and his staff are very willing to answer any and all questions.
I was very pleased with the care and support I received from the staff, including Dr. Miller. They were warm and genuinely cared about how I felt. They provided encouragement throughout the entire journey.

2005 - 2012, Unsuccessful
He was very kind and answered all of our questions. It is when we started our journey, so we were scared. He made us very comfortable....He was there through every consult and procedure. He explained every step. When the sperm count was too low he made sure we were connected with the best urologist. He honestly did everything he could and never made us felt like a number....Although Dr. Zinger is now on the East Coast, I would have recommend him to everyone. His bedside manner is second to none...Dr. Zinger and team really made sure all of our questions were answered and made us feel comfortable through each step..
When we went to this clinic [Adv IVF - Ch Miller] back in 2005, everyone was fantastic and took care of us. We were new on our journey and it was quite overwhelming. Dr. Zinger and team really made sure all of our questions were answered and made us feel comfortable through each step....e was there through every consult and procedure. He explained every step. When the sperm count was too low he made sure we were connected with the best urologist. He honestly did everything he could and never made us felt like a number...He was very kind and answered all of our questions. It is when we started our journey, so we were scared. He made us very comfortable.
How was your experience with Michael Zinger at The Advanced IVF Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Zinger at The Advanced IVF Institute?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Zinger at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
When we went to this clinic back in 2005, everyone was fantastic and took care of us. We were new on our journey and it was quite overwhelming. Dr. Zinger and team really made sure all of our questions were answered and made us feel comfortable through each step.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Zinger at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Fortunately, we had fantastic insurance while we lived in Illinois. We didn't have to worry about the costs.
Michael Zinger