The Center for Reproductive Health of TN

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
2410 Patterson Street
Nashville, TN 37203
615-321-8899
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Center for Reproductive Health of TN to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 2Don't recommend: 44.5
4.8
1 doctor
Not professional, they are rude, they [Ctr for Repro Health of TN] only car for your money. Not companion, not enof staff they make you wait to see the doctor 5-6 hours.... The day of the transfer I told the nurse that I was going used only one embryo she put me two. She order me a lot of medecine that I didn’t even used.the day of the medecine review she Malen me wait for 6 hours in order to see me also she gave me the wrong appointment....
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
Not professional, they are rude, they only car for your money. Not companion, not enof staff they make you wait to see the doctor 5-6 hours. Not organize at all. 0 results getting you pregnant because they only care for the money. If you ask for help managing your appointments they won’t help you. They charge for everything even for sticks.if you have questions they don’t have the answers. You can’t see the doctor at all.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaime Vasquez at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN?
I couldn’t see Ora talk to the doctor at any time if I wanted to talk to him I have to paid 170 dollars. The staff don’t care for you and concerns, I asked the nurse about if I could do my blood work done at Georgia because I live 3 hours I way from Nashville and she said no. She didn’t help me at all
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN. (Assigned nurse: Courtney )
Not professional at all she was shaking will drowning my blood. Not companion ones so ever. Not answer for your questions and concerns. Not care for you and your needs
What specific things went wrong at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN?
How was your experience with Jaime Vasquez at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN?
At the beginning he is all kind and he acts professional, you can hardly understand him. He talks all the time about biology and he try’s to explained you all the questions you have by biologically. And at the end you finish with no results and no answer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaime Vasquez at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN?
Not go there to have a treatment you will expend your money with no results. They only care about your money
Describe the protocols Jaime Vasquez used in your cycles at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN and their degree of success.
He told me I was going need more medicine than a normal patient he order me the triple medicine for the egg retriever at the edd I used the same medecine as the normal patient so I espend 3000 dollars on medecine that I ddidnt even used. On the day of the transfer they Told me I could go back to work the next day they didn’t give a diet or rest advice so end up with a negative pregnancy. You have question to the nurse and they don’t have no answers for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jaime Vasquez at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
22000 with none results
Describe Jaime Vasquez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
He don’t bas know what his doing. He cares for your money not you
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
I felt at home [at the Center for Reproducitve Health of TN], everything was always clean and organized, and I never felt any of the staff didn't know exactly what was going on and what needed to be done... He advised us to do FET with a donor embryo. We used progesterone, Estraidol injections through 14 weeks. In addition to Progesterone pills and suppositories. We transferred 2 embryos and were pregnant with twins. I lost one twin at 17 weeks due to a rare and undiagnosed blood disorder, I had no clue I had. It caused clots to form in the placenta, but this was after I was released back to my obgyn and I was told it is not something anyone routinely tests for because it is rare.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
I don't have anything to compare it to as it is the only one I have been to. Having said that I felt like it was great. I felt at home, everything was always clean and organized, and I never felt any of the staff didn't know exactly what was going on and what needed to be done.
He always took time to speak with me and explain everything in detail. He was always straight with me about what he felt would and would not work even when it was difficult to hear. At the same time he was very compassionate and inquired about my feelings and my family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN. (Assigned nurse: Jean Cummings)
They were absolutely amazing. I was always treated like I was the most important person there. They were all professional but extremely compassionate.
Dr. Vasquez was very caring and compassionate. I did not see him every visit because it was not needed. I saw him whenever I had testing done, he gave me the results of that and then met with my husband and I to go over his recommendation. He was very straight forward and explained everything in detail and answered all of my questions. He always asked how I was doing and how my family was. How I felt about the procedures and the results. He was very supportive through it all.
Just be honest and listen to what he is saying and weigh it against how you feel. I believe he is honestly telling you what he believes is in your best interest.
After my testing was complete along with my husbands Dr Vasquez advised us we had an extremely low to pretty much non existent chance of conceiving our own biological child. Knowing our older daughter was adopted, he knew we were ok with not having a biological connection to the baby. We just wanted to have another child and I really wanted to experience carrying a baby. He advised us to do FET with a donor embryo. We used progesterone, Estraidol injections through 14 weeks. In addition to Progesterone pills and suppositories. We transferred 2 embryos and were pregnant with twins. I lost one twin at 17 weeks due to a rare and undiagnosed blood disorder, I had no clue I had. It caused clots to form in the placenta, but this was after I was released back to my obgyn and I was told it is not something anyone routinely tests for because it is rare.
It was fairly expensive but I had zero insurance coverage for any fertility related testing even. Insurance covered nothing until I got a positive pregnancy test
2014 - 2017
Anovulation, Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
Once I became an IVF patient, even though I saw several people during my visits, I had the contact number of one person - the IVF coordinator [at Center for Reproductive Health]- who I knew I could call anytime. She was the person who made all of my appointments for us, she did all of our education, and she was who called us with the great news after the transfer. When she called to check in tell me my numbers from that day's tests and or change my dosage, I never had to remind her of what was going on with me. She remembered my history, my present, and my goals. I know she had 10+ patients at that same time, yet she made me feel like I was her one and only.
2014 - 2017
Anovulation, Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
No weaknesses! I honestly can't think of anything I would change about the clinic overall - unless it would be to move it closer to my town! It's currently 2 hours away.
As a nurse myself, I know how patients can blend together and how necessary it is and sometimes more difficult it is to make sure to put forth the extra effort to treat a patient like a human and not a number. Once I became an IVF patient, even though I saw several people during my visits, I had the contact number of one person - the IVF coordinator - who I knew I could call anytime. She was the person who made all of my appointments for us, she did all of our education, and she was who called us with the great news after the transfer. When she called to check in tell me my numbers from that day's tests and or change my dosage, I never had to remind her of what was going on with me. She remembered my history, my present, and my goals. I know she had 10+ patients at that same time, yet she made me feel like I was her one and only. Also, Dr. V himself took careful and generous time to speak with me every time I was at the clinic for anything other than an egg count and blood draw. Not only did he answer all my questions, he made sure I felt comfortable before jumping right into "business as usual". I never felt like I was being rushed around. Years later, we're back again for our another cycle, trying to conceive our second child, and I saw the birth announcement up on the wall that I sent them from our first child. Framed and everything. I know birth announcements are all over the walls there (main reason I mailed them one!) but it still made me feel special to see my own son's announcement.
One nurse handled the small initial stuff each visit: weight, blood pressure, etc. She was sweet, fast, and efficient. Then a tech would draw my blood. Best sticker I've ever had! Thank goodness too because I had so many blood draws, I couldn't keep count! Then an ultrasound tech performed my egg count ultrasound. She was very respectful and gentle. She took careful time counting and measuring so I was confident in her findings. Then my IVF coordinator would call by the end of the day to tell me my numbers from that day's visit and tell me my dosage change if there was one (Dr. V would review my numbers and change my dosage as necessary). She would then tell me when I needed to come back for another round of blood draws and ultrasound. She was always efficient because she had plenty more patients to call, but made sure I understood the dosage I would be taking that night and the following day. I was never left questioning my next move.
He is from South America so he is slightly difficult to understand at times but I feel like he knows that so he was careful to speak clearly and slowly when explaining things. He doesn't get right "done to business" when you meet with him. He takes time to make sure you're comfortable, chit chats for a while about himself and his family, which I appreciate because I believes that build trusts. He also asks friendly and honest questions, which even further builds trusts. He's a Christian, which I didn't know beforehand but that definitely sealed the deal for us. At the same time, he only became open about that after we told him we were Christian so I don't think he would push his beliefs as such on anyone. He considered our thoughts and opinions on different matters but was firm in telling us his scientific opinions, which helped us decide on a few things. His bedside manner is spot on. He talks quiet a lot and pauses for thought and affect.
Don't open up a conversation if you're interested in getting out of his office fast. And don't ask too many questions about his stories... He's a sweet man but he'll talk your hear off!
Unfortunately, it was almost 3 years ago when we were going through our first cycle for our first child (we're starting our first cycle with our second child in May), so I don't remember a lot of specifics. A lot of injections. A lot of needles. A lot of blood draws and ultrasounds. 33 eggs were removed. 18 were fertilized, 11 embryos were successful. We transferred 2 fresh embryos and froze the other 9. One embryo took and our son just turned 2 years old on April 1st, 2017!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
Monitoring appointments were very efficient and well planned out. The longest I had to wait was 15 minutes but I was usually in there and out within 15 minutes!
One cycle, without genetic testing, including all medications and supply as well, costs about $18,000 when it was all said and done.
Dr. V highly suggested transferring at least 2 embryos. The embryologist at Dr. V's clinic doesn't allow transferring less if genetic testing wasn't performed. We didn't do genetic testing in 2014 so we did in fact transfer 2 embryos. This time (May 2017) we did have the genetic testing done on all 9 remaining embryos and are only transferring 1, which is allowed.
2013 - 2014
Strengths [of Center for Reproductive Health of Tennessee]: Support staff is kind and efficient, the staff get to know you on a personal level Weaknesses: small clinic with only 1 dr so it is difficult to get an appointment, Dr. V is hard to understand and wastes a lot of time with nonsense, He always recommends IVF. No follow up when you have an emergency. I contacted him when pregnant because of severe bleeding. he told me to go to the er and never followed up with me.
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
Strengths: Support staff is kind and efficient, the staff get to know you on a personal level Weaknesses: small clinic with only 1 dr so it is difficult to get an appointment, Dr. V is hard to understand and wastes a lot of time with nonsense, He always recommends IVF. No follow up when you have an emergency. I contacted him when pregnant because of severe bleeding. he told me to go to the er and never followed up with me.
Dr. Vasquez will spend a ton of time with you explaining things, often at the expense of other patients. However, he usually has the same speech each time no matter the outcome of your treatment. The financial and front office staff were great. The IVF nurse is very knowledgeable but so busy that she is often snarky.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN. (Assigned nurse: Anita)
There is only one IVF coordinator. She is very through but is too busy for questions. She is often harsh and snarky.
What specific things went wrong at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN?
Dr. Vasquez can be difficult to understand because of his accent. He goes off on storytelling tangents. He is horrible with follow up and has no time management skills. He will spend hours talking with you if that is what you want but he will say the same thing at every visit.
Advocate for yourself, be prepared to wait a long time if you have to see him. He will automatically tell you that IVF is the answer and will inflate your chance of success. He has long wait times because he is the only dr and is very controlling of how things are done. He will have no clue about your case until he reads the file in front of you.
He said I had Diminished Ovarian Reserve and prescribed way too much medication to produce eggs. I spent an extra $1700 on meds that were not used.
IVF $13000 Meds $6000 ($1700 were unnecessary, so i had to donate them to the clinic) $3000 for emergency surgery for ectopic pregnancy that could have been solved with medication if monitored properly.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Jaime Vasquez at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN] didnt explain anything to us and we were very new to infertility. He sent us home with all sorts of prescriptions and said we will see you back in...this amount of time. No explanation what they were for or anything.... He didn't even know is from appointment to appointment. I understand that we were not pursuing fertility treatments full on at that point, but we felt like he was just giving us an answer to appease us, not an actual answer.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
A lot of talking happens without actually giving any information.
I felt like we were just a check mark on his list for the day. He didn't actually care about what we were saying or how we felt about treatments. We didn't pursue treatments with him for this reason.
Voice your opinions, again and again. Make him listen.
He didnt explain anything to us and we were very new to infertility. He sent us home with all sorts of prescriptions and said we will see you back in...this amount of time. No explanation what they were for or anything.
My husband was in the military at the time so tricare took care of most cost associated with our care. But they literally only did he minim of what was covered by tri-care, it wasn't much.
2012
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Vasquez] said I most likely have DOR (diminished ovarian reserve) because it took SO much medication to stimulate me [at the Center for Reproductive Health of TN]. When I asked him to explain he said that most people take around 2 vials per day of Repronex, yet I ended up taking anywhere from 6 – 12 per day!! Here's the problem – if he just now figured that out then WHY did he order me 14 boxes of Repronex AND start me on 8 vials the very first day??? We also talked about the iui and why it was performed 2 hours after the trigger. Dr. V says that there is no reason to perform an iui later because it makes no difference.
2012
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
Anita is wonderful. Her communication and compassion are second to none. Don't let Dr. V's amazing bedside manner fool you into believing what he says. He tells you what you want to hear until he gets caught.
Dr. Vasquez was, by far, the most compassionate dr I've ever dealt with. When he is with you, he is all yours for as long as you need him. He makes you feel as if you are his only patient.
Anita was wonderful, compassionate, and very timely on responses, etc.
What specific things went wrong at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN?
As much as I have never met a more compassionate doctor, I have also never met a more dishonest one. He flat out lied to me on multiple occasions and very much would just tell you what you wanted to hear.
Find another doctor
Lupron and Repronex - cycle cancelled on retrieval day because the trigger shot didn't work.
We were 100% out of pocket
After retrieval was cancelled, he suggested I do an IUI (with 17 follicles) and then selectively reduce if necessary.