Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
2410 Patterson Street
Nashville, TN 37203
615-321-8899
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Center for Reproductive Health of TN to a friend?

6.9

7.2
1 doctor
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
In general it has been difficult to get detailed information about costs [from the Center for Reproductive Health of TN]. Our 1st round of testing cost around $1500 before insurance wad billed. We have yet to see the financial responsibility of ivf procedures.... We once waited 2 hours to see the Dr. For a consult, to find out he had to rush to the hospital. It was extremely frustrating, but the nurse was able to answer some of our questions and concerns and get us on track. They also credited our account for the visit we did not get. The financial ladies are also hard to get info from.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
The front desk assistant is often away from her desk and you may sit there waiting for her to check you in for some time. Also unless you have a clinic appointment, such as bloodwork or ultrasound, you may wait a while. We once waited 2 hours to see the Dr. For a consult, to find out he had to rush to the hospital. It was extremely frustrating, but the nurse was able to answer some of our questions and concerns and get us on track. They also credited our account for the visit we did not get. The financial ladies are also hard to get info from.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaime Vasquez at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN?
He spoke very clearly and directly with compassion. He has a great deal of knowledge that I find comfort in. He talks a lot about the medical details that goes over my head, but it is his way I feel of showing you he knows what to do and has your best interest in mind, or so we hope. He just came out and told me that it was pretty unlikely for us to have our own children and it threw me for a loop. I would have liked for him to be more compassionate about the situation. I was alone and had no idea he would give me those results. However, I know I am not the 1st to get bad news from him. Overall I think he is kind and competent, however, we are still in the middle of the process.
They were all pleasant and easy to talk to. Mrs. Kathy who does the ultrasounds was very sweet and made the process so comfortable and easy. She has so many patients but seems to care about them all. Love her!
How was your experience with Jaime Vasquez at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN?
I am still in the middle of the process, but the times I have seen him he is very detailed about the inner workings of the reproductive system, but he wasn't as detailed about our specific issues. He is quite nerdy about the details which I have decided is a very good thing. I would rather my doctor explain more than too little. He seemed to care about our specific needs, but was a little less comforting when telling me bad news. Overall I think he cares.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaime Vasquez at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN?
Listen to his expert opinion, but go with your gut. I believe he has your best interest in mind, but he can overwhelm you with facts. Ask lots of questions, but ask the right ones that pertain to your specific situation, or he will get distracted with general numbers. Go with a list of detailed questions, and take your partner or a loved one with you after the initial testing for moral support in case the news is not what you want to hear.
Describe the protocols Jaime Vasquez used in your cycles at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN and their degree of success.
We have had the initial testing and just finished the mock cycle. The initial testing was bloodwork to get all of the hormone levels, and a simple procedure to check the endometrium. The results of my AMH levels were not good and only 1% of his sperm were shaped correctly. He did not give me much reasoning for this, but handed me a list of vitamins to take to try to improve it. He encouraged embryo adoption as an option. He said he did not want to take all of our money and for us to have not get pregnant. He seemed to encourage the embryo adoption because it was less expensive and the results were better. I am not sure I am ready to give up the idea of having our own children yet.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jaime Vasquez at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
In general it has been difficult to get detailed information about costs. Our 1st round of testing cost around $1500 before insurance wad billed. We have yet to see the financial responsibility of ivf procedures.
Nashville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jaime Vasquez at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.

2017 - 2019
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I absolutely love the staff [Center for Reproductive Health] at This office! They know you by name and truly make you feel welcomed.... Staff changes often, but everyone is always on board. They have strong communication skills as well as being caring. It takes time for every appointment especially if you need to speak with Dr. V. I suggest to make more time for your appointment if you have something else to do that day.
2017 - 2019
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
Staff changes often, but everyone is always on board. They have strong communication skills as well as being caring. It takes time for every appointment especially if you need to speak with Dr. V. I suggest to make more time for your appointment if you have something else to do that day. He is only one doctor and person in this clinic so time is valuable to him and you.
Dr. V treats you as a person that he genuinely cares for. His goal is to get a baby in your arms!
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Schulte)
I absolutely love the staff at This office! They know you by name and truly make you feel welcomed. Some have been through treatments there as well and now work there. This helps if you need someone to talk to. They are genuine people who truly care for the patients and their wellbeing.
Dr. V is very intelligent and a careful individual who does his absolute best to help your family achieve pregnancy and baby. He is sympathetic, but also explains what he knows about your condition.
Don’t rush the process and take the time to listen and understand what Dr. V has to say.
He uses birth control pills along with Lupron at beginning of transfer cycle. Then delestrogen and poi is added in. You will be monitored multiple times a week once you get to a certain time. He gives you and your partner doxycycline. Monitoring continues with ultrasounds of lining and hormone levels. When you are cleared for transfer, you take medrol and diflucan. The morning of transfer you take valum to the office with you on a full bladder. The team preps you, sign paperwork, looks at bladder, meet with the embryologist to see embryos and then transfer happens. They send you home right after with light to no activity 2-3 days after transfer. You will go in one time for hormone levels to be checked and then 10 days after transfer you will go in for your pregnancy test. I was put in heparin for thicker blood, but that wasn’t started until I started taking the hormones. Dr. V expresses deeply that every patient is different and that no two are a like in their treatment and issues.
Cost for embryo adoption are not covered through insurance. Medicine depends on insurance costs. Everything must be paid upfront before treatment can begin.
Describe Jaime Vasquez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
He will transfer two embryos, but prefers to do one.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Erica at the front desk [at the Center for Reproductive Health of TN] is always super friendly and helpful. My nurse was also incredibly helpful, though I do think she may have been stretched a bit thin, as she seemed quite busy. But, as mentioned already, she truly went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed (even if that meant getting back to me after hours, which I really appreciated).
IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
Erica at the front desk is always super friendly and helpful. My nurse was also incredibly helpful, though I do think she may have been stretched a bit thin, as she seemed quite busy. But, as mentioned already, she truly went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed (even if that meant getting back to me after hours, which I really appreciated).
During my first consultation, I was very surprised at how detailed and thorough Dr. Vasquez was. He took a lot of time to sit and go through things with us. We never felt rushed by any means.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
Courtney was fabulous. I do think she was stretched a bit thin, as she did seem to be quite busy. But she was always super helpful, friendly and truly went above and beyond.
Dr. Vasquez was very thorough, took time to sit with us and talk through whatever we wanted to review. After the first consult, we didn’t see him again until the transfer, but that did not bother us, as it was similar to previous doctors/clinics we have been to.
If you have any questions throughout your treatment don’t hesitate to call for more details!
I did a frozen embryo transfer. I was given lupron, estrogen and progesterone, all via injection. I had no issues with the medications. When the embryologist was fertilizing the eggs. Only 1 of the 5 fertilized and developed into a healthy embryo, which was disappointing (at my previous clinic 5 of 6 fertilized). My transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
We were fortunate to have insurance cover most of treatment. But, the clinic expenses went to my “in network” deductible, while the procedure went to my “out of network” deductible (neither deductible is small). But, we were of course fortunate to have any coverage at all.
Dr. Vasquez recommended transferring two embryos.
Nashville

Not professional, they are rude, they [Ctr for Repro Health of TN] only car for your money. Not companion, not enof staff they make you wait to see the doctor 5-6 hours.... The day of the transfer I told the nurse that I was going used only one embryo she put me two. She order me a lot of medecine that I didn’t even used.the day of the medecine review she Malen me wait for 6 hours in order to see me also she gave me the wrong appointment....
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
Not professional, they are rude, they only car for your money. Not companion, not enof staff they make you wait to see the doctor 5-6 hours. Not organize at all. 0 results getting you pregnant because they only care for the money. If you ask for help managing your appointments they won’t help you. They charge for everything even for sticks.if you have questions they don’t have the answers. You can’t see the doctor at all.
I couldn’t see Ora talk to the doctor at any time if I wanted to talk to him I have to paid 170 dollars. The staff don’t care for you and concerns, I asked the nurse about if I could do my blood work done at Georgia because I live 3 hours I way from Nashville and she said no. She didn’t help me at all
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN. (Assigned nurse: Courtney )
Not professional at all she was shaking will drowning my blood. Not companion ones so ever. Not answer for your questions and concerns. Not care for you and your needs
What specific things went wrong at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN?
At the beginning he is all kind and he acts professional, you can hardly understand him. He talks all the time about biology and he try’s to explained you all the questions you have by biologically. And at the end you finish with no results and no answer.
Not go there to have a treatment you will expend your money with no results. They only care about your money
He told me I was going need more medicine than a normal patient he order me the triple medicine for the egg retriever at the edd I used the same medecine as the normal patient so I espend 3000 dollars on medecine that I ddidnt even used. On the day of the transfer they Told me I could go back to work the next day they didn’t give a diet or rest advice so end up with a negative pregnancy. You have question to the nurse and they don’t have no answers for you.
22000 with none results
He don’t bas know what his doing. He cares for your money not you

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
I felt at home [at the Center for Reproducitve Health of TN], everything was always clean and organized, and I never felt any of the staff didn't know exactly what was going on and what needed to be done... He advised us to do FET with a donor embryo. We used progesterone, Estraidol injections through 14 weeks. In addition to Progesterone pills and suppositories. We transferred 2 embryos and were pregnant with twins. I lost one twin at 17 weeks due to a rare and undiagnosed blood disorder, I had no clue I had. It caused clots to form in the placenta, but this was after I was released back to my obgyn and I was told it is not something anyone routinely tests for because it is rare.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
I don't have anything to compare it to as it is the only one I have been to. Having said that I felt like it was great. I felt at home, everything was always clean and organized, and I never felt any of the staff didn't know exactly what was going on and what needed to be done.
He always took time to speak with me and explain everything in detail. He was always straight with me about what he felt would and would not work even when it was difficult to hear. At the same time he was very compassionate and inquired about my feelings and my family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN. (Assigned nurse: Jean Cummings)
They were absolutely amazing. I was always treated like I was the most important person there. They were all professional but extremely compassionate.
Dr. Vasquez was very caring and compassionate. I did not see him every visit because it was not needed. I saw him whenever I had testing done, he gave me the results of that and then met with my husband and I to go over his recommendation. He was very straight forward and explained everything in detail and answered all of my questions. He always asked how I was doing and how my family was. How I felt about the procedures and the results. He was very supportive through it all.
Just be honest and listen to what he is saying and weigh it against how you feel. I believe he is honestly telling you what he believes is in your best interest.
After my testing was complete along with my husbands Dr Vasquez advised us we had an extremely low to pretty much non existent chance of conceiving our own biological child. Knowing our older daughter was adopted, he knew we were ok with not having a biological connection to the baby. We just wanted to have another child and I really wanted to experience carrying a baby. He advised us to do FET with a donor embryo. We used progesterone, Estraidol injections through 14 weeks. In addition to Progesterone pills and suppositories. We transferred 2 embryos and were pregnant with twins. I lost one twin at 17 weeks due to a rare and undiagnosed blood disorder, I had no clue I had. It caused clots to form in the placenta, but this was after I was released back to my obgyn and I was told it is not something anyone routinely tests for because it is rare.
It was fairly expensive but I had zero insurance coverage for any fertility related testing even. Insurance covered nothing until I got a positive pregnancy test

2014 - 2017
Anovulation, Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
Once I became an IVF patient, even though I saw several people during my visits, I had the contact number of one person - the IVF coordinator [at Center for Reproductive Health]- who I knew I could call anytime. She was the person who made all of my appointments for us, she did all of our education, and she was who called us with the great news after the transfer. When she called to check in tell me my numbers from that day's tests and or change my dosage, I never had to remind her of what was going on with me. She remembered my history, my present, and my goals. I know she had 10+ patients at that same time, yet she made me feel like I was her one and only.
2014 - 2017
Anovulation, Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
No weaknesses! I honestly can't think of anything I would change about the clinic overall - unless it would be to move it closer to my town! It's currently 2 hours away.
As a nurse myself, I know how patients can blend together and how necessary it is and sometimes more difficult it is to make sure to put forth the extra effort to treat a patient like a human and not a number. Once I became an IVF patient, even though I saw several people during my visits, I had the contact number of one person - the IVF coordinator - who I knew I could call anytime. She was the person who made all of my appointments for us, she did all of our education, and she was who called us with the great news after the transfer. When she called to check in tell me my numbers from that day's tests and or change my dosage, I never had to remind her of what was going on with me. She remembered my history, my present, and my goals. I know she had 10+ patients at that same time, yet she made me feel like I was her one and only. Also, Dr. V himself took careful and generous time to speak with me every time I was at the clinic for anything other than an egg count and blood draw. Not only did he answer all my questions, he made sure I felt comfortable before jumping right into "business as usual". I never felt like I was being rushed around. Years later, we're back again for our another cycle, trying to conceive our second child, and I saw the birth announcement up on the wall that I sent them from our first child. Framed and everything. I know birth announcements are all over the walls there (main reason I mailed them one!) but it still made me feel special to see my own son's announcement.
One nurse handled the small initial stuff each visit: weight, blood pressure, etc. She was sweet, fast, and efficient. Then a tech would draw my blood. Best sticker I've ever had! Thank goodness too because I had so many blood draws, I couldn't keep count! Then an ultrasound tech performed my egg count ultrasound. She was very respectful and gentle. She took careful time counting and measuring so I was confident in her findings. Then my IVF coordinator would call by the end of the day to tell me my numbers from that day's visit and tell me my dosage change if there was one (Dr. V would review my numbers and change my dosage as necessary). She would then tell me when I needed to come back for another round of blood draws and ultrasound. She was always efficient because she had plenty more patients to call, but made sure I understood the dosage I would be taking that night and the following day. I was never left questioning my next move.
He is from South America so he is slightly difficult to understand at times but I feel like he knows that so he was careful to speak clearly and slowly when explaining things. He doesn't get right "done to business" when you meet with him. He takes time to make sure you're comfortable, chit chats for a while about himself and his family, which I appreciate because I believes that build trusts. He also asks friendly and honest questions, which even further builds trusts. He's a Christian, which I didn't know beforehand but that definitely sealed the deal for us. At the same time, he only became open about that after we told him we were Christian so I don't think he would push his beliefs as such on anyone. He considered our thoughts and opinions on different matters but was firm in telling us his scientific opinions, which helped us decide on a few things. His bedside manner is spot on. He talks quiet a lot and pauses for thought and affect.
Don't open up a conversation if you're interested in getting out of his office fast. And don't ask too many questions about his stories... He's a sweet man but he'll talk your hear off!
Unfortunately, it was almost 3 years ago when we were going through our first cycle for our first child (we're starting our first cycle with our second child in May), so I don't remember a lot of specifics. A lot of injections. A lot of needles. A lot of blood draws and ultrasounds. 33 eggs were removed. 18 were fertilized, 11 embryos were successful. We transferred 2 fresh embryos and froze the other 9. One embryo took and our son just turned 2 years old on April 1st, 2017!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
Monitoring appointments were very efficient and well planned out. The longest I had to wait was 15 minutes but I was usually in there and out within 15 minutes!
One cycle, without genetic testing, including all medications and supply as well, costs about $18,000 when it was all said and done.
Dr. V highly suggested transferring at least 2 embryos. The embryologist at Dr. V's clinic doesn't allow transferring less if genetic testing wasn't performed. We didn't do genetic testing in 2014 so we did in fact transfer 2 embryos. This time (May 2017) we did have the genetic testing done on all 9 remaining embryos and are only transferring 1, which is allowed.
Nashville

My experience with the nurses [at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN] have been great. They communicate thoroughly and cause me to feel cared for. They take their time to communicate all that’s needed from my end...The clinic seems organized and work well together. There hasn’t been a lot of wait time other than when I called for a consultation. My voicemail was left on a machine and I didn’t get a call back almost a month later. They apologized greatly and explained that the person responsible for that voicemail left permanently so it took a while to retrieve the messages.
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
Dr. Vasquez is thorough and has great bedside manners. He’s warm and delicate but also gives all the information needed. I felt like a number after treatments at another local clinic in the area so I needed a positive change. I found that with Dr. Vasquez.
My experience with the nurses have been great. They communicate thoroughly and cause me to feel cared for. They take their time to communicate all that’s needed from my end.
After the first fertility clinic I went through fertility treatments with, I was turned off and looking for hope elsewhere. I was referred to this office from a friend because of the great experience she had with him. I found him to be extremely thorough. He spent about an hour with me answering all questions I had. He seemed sincere and I truly appreciated his warm communication with me.
I would say to give him a chance because even though his office may not be the most popular in the area, his office is the most pleasant and makes you feel like you’re a person and not a number.
I am early in the process with him. But what I value is that he’s willing to do whatever is needed to learn what my body is doing rather than throw a bunch of medication my way. We are in the process of going through procedures such as a laparoscopic procedure to make sure we are looking at everything.
I was told that after procedures are done and we gain a better picture of my condition, the number of embryos will be based on that. However, he did tell me that if I want to transfer two embryos, he would permit that.

2013 - 2014
Strengths [of Center for Reproductive Health of Tennessee]: Support staff is kind and efficient, the staff get to know you on a personal level Weaknesses: small clinic with only 1 dr so it is difficult to get an appointment, Dr. V is hard to understand and wastes a lot of time with nonsense, He always recommends IVF. No follow up when you have an emergency. I contacted him when pregnant because of severe bleeding. he told me to go to the er and never followed up with me.
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
Strengths: Support staff is kind and efficient, the staff get to know you on a personal level Weaknesses: small clinic with only 1 dr so it is difficult to get an appointment, Dr. V is hard to understand and wastes a lot of time with nonsense, He always recommends IVF. No follow up when you have an emergency. I contacted him when pregnant because of severe bleeding. he told me to go to the er and never followed up with me.
Dr. Vasquez will spend a ton of time with you explaining things, often at the expense of other patients. However, he usually has the same speech each time no matter the outcome of your treatment. The financial and front office staff were great. The IVF nurse is very knowledgeable but so busy that she is often snarky.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN. (Assigned nurse: Anita)
There is only one IVF coordinator. She is very through but is too busy for questions. She is often harsh and snarky.
What specific things went wrong at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN?
Dr. Vasquez can be difficult to understand because of his accent. He goes off on storytelling tangents. He is horrible with follow up and has no time management skills. He will spend hours talking with you if that is what you want but he will say the same thing at every visit.
Advocate for yourself, be prepared to wait a long time if you have to see him. He will automatically tell you that IVF is the answer and will inflate your chance of success. He has long wait times because he is the only dr and is very controlling of how things are done. He will have no clue about your case until he reads the file in front of you.
He said I had Diminished Ovarian Reserve and prescribed way too much medication to produce eggs. I spent an extra $1700 on meds that were not used.
IVF $13000 Meds $6000 ($1700 were unnecessary, so i had to donate them to the clinic) $3000 for emergency surgery for ectopic pregnancy that could have been solved with medication if monitored properly.

2013 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
[The Center for Reproductive Health of TN is a] Great clinic, small, personable, everyone knew my name. I was happy to be there, it was clean and well maintained. I have been impressed with their facility and location with access to the hospital facility when needed for some procedures...The first time I did a cycle with this clinic I had a nurse coordinator who was phenomenal. She retired and the second time I had someone who seemed compassionate but overwhelmed. The third time the nurse was not knowledgeable and gave me wrong information I had to press back against. This issue has been fixed, however, and I have confidence in the new hires in the clinic.
2013 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
Dr Vasquez cares about his patients and takes a lot of time to discuss things and answer questions.
What specific things went wrong at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN?
Dr Vasquez is a great doctor. He was always kind and made sure to explain all procedures to me and answered all of my questions. I always felt comfortable with him and he was concerned for our family. He often called me on the phone, he’s very caring.
Ask a lot of questions because he will answer them all!
Dr Vasquez used a milder protocol for my first egg retrieval and the second time used a more aggressive approach with a freeze all cycle recommended. Both worked well, but the second worked faster for me with more side effects. I was thankful it was quicker, however. He knew why I needed it and I had confidence in him.
Dr Vasquez was concerned with transferring 2 embryos for me, but after my first cycle with him it was documented that it should be done in future cycles. I had one pregnancy where I was pregnant with twins and then miscarried one baby at 10 weeks. For our subsequent cycles we always transferred two embryos and I felt confident in his reasoning.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Strengths are, they get the job done. They are very knowledgeable and share their knowledge with everyone. They answer any and all questions you have and even offer discounts for what tricare won’t cover. Dr Vasquez will sit down and answer every question you have and come up with a plan. Only weakness is how long patients appointments can run over.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
He spends time with his patients making sure they understand everything in the treatment plan and how everything works. He ensures we get our money worth.
The nursing staff is amazing, my first day there I actually say an ultrasound tech who was covering down. She was the best! I love seeing her there every time I go for an ultrasound.
He has a very strong accent so sometimes it’s hard to understand some things, but he tries to explain everything that is going on with your body in a way that you will understand it and is very kind. He will stay with you and answer every question you have in depth. Only weakness would be how much time he spends with each patient can run over and end up waiting a while to be seen. But he’s very thorough so it’s worth it to wait.
Be patient.
Currently going for iui in December, so will hopefully find out soon.
We used tricare for insurance, so far we’ve only had to pay $18 for semen analysis and $140 for Lipton challenge test. We’re using VA for iui which pays for everything.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
They [Center for Reproductive Health] were not good at communicating pricing on things. Most people were very nice, and caring. The nurse needed to be a little more tender because she was the one that would call of a lot of the results and small details. She would teach us how to do the shots. ... They did however help me get an online service to deliver all of my medical needs making it more affordable than the local pharmacy.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
They were not good at communicating pricing on things. Most people were very nice, and caring. The nurse needed to be a little more tender because she was the one that would call of a lot of the results and small details. She would teach us how to do the shots. They did however help me get an online service to deliver all of my medical needs making it more affordable than the local pharmacy.
He made it a point to get to know us as people, to understand what our desire as parents was, as well as make an emotional connection with us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN. (Assigned nurse: Ana)
She wasn’t very good at approaching results, she wasn’t at all a good communicator.
What specific things went wrong at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN?
Although he was blunt and at first it was hurtful, we learned to appreciate knowing how things were right off the bat. He was very thorough with the whole process, made sure to help us understand the whole process as well as adjusted my meds in order to make ovulation possible.
Be prepared for his blunt ways of communication. Being blunt doesn’t mean he doesn’t care, at all. He knows what he is doing and he made our family come true.
I took shots two shots a day, mixed them, bravelle and menopu. Had to take oral estrogen as well as patches of estrogen (those were switched off every other day) on the day of ovulation I took a trigger shot but I can’t remember the name of it.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Jaime Vasquez at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN] didnt explain anything to us and we were very new to infertility. He sent us home with all sorts of prescriptions and said we will see you back in...this amount of time. No explanation what they were for or anything.... He didn't even know is from appointment to appointment. I understand that we were not pursuing fertility treatments full on at that point, but we felt like he was just giving us an answer to appease us, not an actual answer.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
A lot of talking happens without actually giving any information.
I felt like we were just a check mark on his list for the day. He didn't actually care about what we were saying or how we felt about treatments. We didn't pursue treatments with him for this reason.
Voice your opinions, again and again. Make him listen.
He didnt explain anything to us and we were very new to infertility. He sent us home with all sorts of prescriptions and said we will see you back in...this amount of time. No explanation what they were for or anything.
My husband was in the military at the time so tricare took care of most cost associated with our care. But they literally only did he minim of what was covered by tri-care, it wasn't much.
2012
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Vasquez] said I most likely have DOR (diminished ovarian reserve) because it took SO much medication to stimulate me [at the Center for Reproductive Health of TN]. When I asked him to explain he said that most people take around 2 vials per day of Repronex, yet I ended up taking anywhere from 6 – 12 per day!! Here's the problem – if he just now figured that out then WHY did he order me 14 boxes of Repronex AND start me on 8 vials the very first day??? We also talked about the iui and why it was performed 2 hours after the trigger. Dr. V says that there is no reason to perform an iui later because it makes no difference.
2012
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Health of TN.
Anita is wonderful. Her communication and compassion are second to none. Don't let Dr. V's amazing bedside manner fool you into believing what he says. He tells you what you want to hear until he gets caught.
Dr. Vasquez was, by far, the most compassionate dr I've ever dealt with. When he is with you, he is all yours for as long as you need him. He makes you feel as if you are his only patient.
Anita was wonderful, compassionate, and very timely on responses, etc.
What specific things went wrong at The Center for Reproductive Health of TN?
As much as I have never met a more compassionate doctor, I have also never met a more dishonest one. He flat out lied to me on multiple occasions and very much would just tell you what you wanted to hear.
Find another doctor
Lupron and Repronex - cycle cancelled on retrieval day because the trigger shot didn't work.
We were 100% out of pocket
After retrieval was cancelled, he suggested I do an IUI (with 17 follicles) and then selectively reduce if necessary.