Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Selling medication is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
3405 22nd St
Lubbock, TX 79410
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock to a friend?

1 doctor
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
Each in office ultrasound prior to staring a medicated cycle with letrozole was about $280 + meds (letrozole was $7.00) [at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock]...The office staff were great. I never had a problem with anyone. Very organized and quick to answer questions...I never had any issues with scheduling - even if it was last minute...I always felt like when procedures/medications/treatment plans were discussed, I was talked to like I didn't know anything about infertility and treatments.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
The office staff were great. I never had a problem with anyone. Very organized and quick to answer questions. I can't attest to anything IVF related - as I only did medicated cycles. My only complaint would be that at our consultation, when my husband did his semen analysis, there were a couple of women standing/talking outside the door of the room he was in, obviously making it very uncomfortable for him to give a sample.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janelle Dorsett at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
After taking a short break from TTC (4 months post consultation) we began treatments. Shortly after starting our first medicated cycle. It felt that we were clumped together as a "population" rather than an independent person/couple.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock. (Assigned nurse: Alex)
1)Like a lot of infertility and recurrent miscarriage veterans, we know ALOT about our individual issues and diagnoses. I always felt like when procedures/medications/treatment plans were discussed, I was talked to like I didn't know anything about infertility and treatments. 2) More aggressive/invasive treatments - like IUI - were constantly suggested after making it clear that IUI was not something my husband and I were ready for. That was really frustrating. 3) As far as the general office/clinic. I was happy with it. The staff were all truly nice and helpful. Stephanie at the front desk is always a pleasure to work/talk with. 4) The office seems pretty organized. My insurance pre-authorizations were always taken care of in a timely manner. 5) I never had any issues with scheduling - even if it was last minute.
How was your experience with Janelle Dorsett at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
Initially, I was excited about the plan that was agreed upon by myself, my husband and Dr. Dorsett. After a few setbacks in medicated cycles and timelines, I became pregnant naturally. When I notified the clinic about my pregnancy, Dr. Dorsett changed the agreed upon plan. Furthermore, I don't feel that she was compassionate at all during my subsequent miscarriage. She dismissed my concerns, thus leading to a costly ER visit.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Dorsett at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
If you are having trouble getting pregnant, Dr. Dorsett would probably be a good choice. If you are having trouble staying pregnant and suffering from recurrent loss, find a different doc.
Describe the protocols Janelle Dorsett used in your cycles at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock and their degree of success.
*I had diagnostic surgery and labs to diagnose endometriosis, PCOS, hypothyroidism, and MTHFR. *I'm not sure why she even test for MTHFR because she doesn't treat it. I was prescribed folic acid. I took folate instead. We also discussed using heparin during my next pregnancy - related to MTHFR and recurrent loss, which she later decided wasn't necessary after I became pregnant. *I was placed on Synthroid for my hypothyroidism - my level is now within normal limits for pregnancy. *I did one round of letrozole due to late ovulation (not anovulation). That was a failed cycle - we planned on moving on with letrozole and a trigger shot. *Post my 4th miscarriage I was prescribed birth control for one month. The rationale behind this was to "calm my system", "It's just our protocol post miscarriage" and "We don't want you to get pregnant for at least one month". I refused. I already suffer from endometriosis (an estrogen dominant disease) and symptoms of estrogen dominance. - Dr. Dorset treats the population instead of the individual person.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Dorsett at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
Per my insurance, I paid my $3,000 deductible for my diagnostic hysteroscopy and laparoscopy. Once I was diagnosed with infertility - insurance no longer covered any associated cost. Each in office ultrasound prior to staring a medicated cycle with letrozole was about $280 + meds (letrozole was $7.00). Never had any further treatment.
Describe Janelle Dorsett's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
Lubbock

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Janelle Dorsett at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.

Alex [nurse at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock] has been very helpful and encouraging. I am comparing her to the last nurse I had at another clinic, and it is like night and day. She sat down with us the first time we met her and went over everything that Dr Dorsett talked to us about. She wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page. She is flexible and understanding. I am excited to work with her...Strength- they are good at communicating and explaining everything that is going on, they are up front about costs and what to expect. They are willing to be flexible and work with us living out of town. Weaknesses- the clinic building is old and seems out of date.
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
Dr Dorsett sat down and spent almost 2 hours with us talking, explaining, and discussing an in depth plan for us. She even took time to go step by step and explain to my husband about PCOS and how the cycle is different than a “normal” cycle. She asked a lot of questions about our history, what we were expecting, and how we felt about certain situations. She answered all the questions I threw at her, and was very professional, yet very personal as well. I was skeptical about meeting with her at first, but by the end of my consult I felt very positive about our plan and what she wanted to do for us.
Alex has been very helpful and encouraging. I am comparing her to the last nurse I had at another clinic, and it is like night and day. She sat down with us the first time we met her and went over everything that Dr Dorsett talked to us about. She wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page. She is flexible and understanding. I am excited to work with her.
Dr Dorsett was very personal and I felt that she truly wanted us to be successful. Other dr offices I have been to I just felt like a number and didn’t get the attention to detail or compassion as I did with Dr Dorsett. I am excited to see what Dr Dorsett will be able to do for us.
Be patient. Our appointment lasted over 2 hours. Be prepared and ask questions.
Lubbock

The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock] worked with my work schedule allowing me to drop in as necessary. They even fit me in same day once I told them that my menstrual cycle had finally started. I also was able to stop by when I had bleeding scares during pregnancy. The office staff was always encouraging during the good times and the bad.
European, East Asian
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
The clinic worked with my work schedule allowing me to drop in as necessary. They even fit me in same day once I told them that my menstrual cycle had finally started. I also was able to stop by when I had bleeding scares during pregnancy. The office staff was always encouraging during the good times and the bad.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaou-Chen Huang at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
Dr. Huang was very polite, quiet, and serious. He stated the facts in a way that was easy to understand. He was also very nice, gentle, and reassuring to me after having a miscarriage.
The nurses were wonderful. They were constantly reassuring me during the whole fertility process.
How was your experience with Jaou-Chen Huang at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
Dr. Huang was very good about explaining things even including statistical rates. He helped me during an emotional time (after a miscarriage) when I needed hope that I could get pregnant again. I didn’t realize it would be so hard to go in to the clinic and be told that I ovulated too early or too late. I had more than a few crying sessions after hearing these facts. Dr. Huang was very compassionate and had tissues available for me while listening to my questions and concerns. I am very thankful to him for these above reasons.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaou-Chen Huang at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
I would tell prospective patients to go into the clinic optimistic but also realistic. I had to go into the clinic each time and give myself a pep talk. It went something like this: “Modern medicine and physicians are wonderful, but everything happens for a reason and is in God’s time not my own.”
Describe the protocols Jaou-Chen Huang used in your cycles at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock and their degree of success.
I was started off on clomid 50 mg for 5 days and then increased to 100 mg for 5 days. I also did one cycle with a fertility shot that cost over $100 out of pocket (this was a suggested treatment and not forced upon me in any way). It was helpful after several rounds of clomid because I have never felt in control of my ovulation before. Knowing exactly when I ovulated was nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jaou-Chen Huang at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
Co-pays were $55 to see a specialist with my insurance at the time. I sometimes had to go in multiple times a week. Clomid was maybe $5-$10 for 5 day supply and like previously stated the fertility shot was somewhere over $100 out of pocket.
Jaou-Chen Huang
Lubbock

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jaou-Chen Huang at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.

the nurse and staff [at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock] are very personable and nice...The nurse assigned to me is Alex and she is phenomenal. She herself has gone through infertility treatment at this very clinic, so she understands on a personal level what you are going through. She answers all questions and is very nice. When asked, she explains what she is looking at and why, whenever she does scans, orders meds, etc.
European, Latino, Native American
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
The clinic itself is on the third floor of a bank, but is not hard to get to. It is located not far from a major hospital in town. A strength would definitely be the staff. They are all very nice and willing to help/answer any questions you might have. The front office ladies are so sweet and will talk to you like they've known you your whole life. The waiting room is nice and cozy. The room you have your initial consultation is very comfortable - with big chairs and a table for you all to sit around. So far I have not discovered anything I would call a weakness.
Dr. Dorsett really took her time with my husband and me during our initial consultation. She went over all of my history and came up with a game plan that she explained VERY well - in detail. After your initial visit with her, you will mostly see the nurse for subsequent visits. This hasn’t bothered me to much as the nurse and staff are very personable and nice.
Dr. Dorsett is an older lady and very nice. She did not come off as rushed, rude, or annoyed by questions. She explained the plan she came up with based on our situation and explained the "whys" as well. I've only interacted with her face to face once though- at the initial consultation. She does see patients face to face after the initial meeting - I just think it depends on what you are having done. She had to leave me at the end of our appointment to go perform an egg retrieval. Overall, the interaction my husband and I had with her was pleasant. In my particular situation, I am doing mini stim cycles - and the nurse is the one that implements the plan/who I see when I go to the clinic for scans/answers my questions.
Expect that you won't see her every time you go to the clinic; however, don't worry. Her staff and nurses are excellent! Bring any previous information you might have - they will put a copy of it in your file.
In my case, I was diagnosed with PCOS, low progesterone, and do not regularly ovulate even though I have 11-12 cycles a year. The plan we came up with is this: come in for a baseline scan on any of the cycle days 1-3, take Femara/Letrozole (makes eggs grow) cycle days 3-7, have a scan to check egg growth, if egg is big enough (18-22) take trigger shot (to ovulate), have timed intercourse, then start a progesterone supplement. For every possible subsequent cycle we would take steps to be a little more aggressive - such as adding a follicle stim shot with the Letrozole or increasing medication dosage. This is what we would do for the first three months. The next three after that would replace timed intercourse with IUI. After that, the nurse told me Dr. Dorsett would like to reassess me and look into doing more tests and coming up with another plan. So far my results are this: I responded well to all the medications in my first month (grew a great egg, ovulated with trigger shot based on blood draw to check progesterone levels), however; a blood hcg test showed no pregnancy. I had to skip the next month unfortunately because the dates that I would have needed to have scans done fell during the holidays. We will start again with round two whenever I start a new cycle again.
$660 for initial consultation & baseline scan, $282 for every subsequent trans vaginal scan (I've had three for one cycle). Medications cost: Letrozole ? but less than $10, Ovidrel (trigger shot) $107, and Progesterone $40. Plus $15 shipping for the medications. Total out of pocket expense so far is: $1,678. For the next cycle we are adding a follicle stimulation shot (gonal-f) which will cost around $450. This means for our next round, if we only have to have a base line scan and one other scan to check egg growth (and not two) it will cost us: $1,186. I don't know how much blood work costs because I am in a situation where it is covered, but if it isn't for you, that is something to be figured in as well. I had a blood test to check my progesterone after 10 days then a basal hcg a week after that.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
I feel that the communication [at CFRM-Lubbock] is very good at the clinic and everyone there is very compassionate and caring. From the minute you walk in you are greeted with a smile and such a friendly disposition of Stephanie. You then have the nursing and medical staff who genuinely care about their patients. They communicate via email and phone to make sure you know what is going on from start to finish. I felt free to ask questions whenever needed and they never made me feel bad for all the questions I asked.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
I feel that the communication is very good at the clinic and everyone there is very compassionate and caring. From the minute you walk in you are greeted with a smile and such a friendly disposition of Stephanie. You then have the nursing and medical staff who genuinely care about their patients. They communicate via email and phone to make sure you know what is going on from start to finish. I felt free to ask questions whenever needed and they never made me feel bad for all the questions I asked.
The people in the office, including Dr. Dorsett remembered me and I felt like they were invested in me and my life. They were so happy for me when I got pregnant and then they were so comforting when I went back to the office after losing my twins.
I loved everyone at the office. They were so caring and compassionate. I felt very cared for and like I mattered to them.
She was able to explain things well to me. She was very open an honest with me and helped in making the best decision for me and my family. She didn’t really beat around the bush when it came to moving forward with treatment. She was good at weighing the pros and cons and allowing me to make whatever decision was best for me. She was very encouraging throughout the process and I felt like we went on a journey together.
Don’t wait for her to lead you down a osh but ask very direct questions to get all the information you need to then make the best decision for you.
We went forward with IVF due to my age and medical conditions. Monitors egg growth through ultrasound and adjusted meds based on growth of the eggs. My body was responding very well, so they had to keep adjusting the meds and lowing the dosages. They did a very good job of monitoring and adjusting leading up to the egg retrieval. We were able to do a live transfer since my body recovered well after the retrieval and then took a pregnancy test two weeks later.
I think that the IVF cycle was around $9,500 withoutbthe cost of medication and that covered everything from the initial appointment to the transfer. Medications were an addition $3,000 and I ended up with a decent amount left over since my body had responded so well to the medication.
My doctor was very candid in telling me that if I wanted to transfer two she would transfer two but typically she would recommend only transferring one. After I lost my twins, she recommended only transferring one the next time I go through a procedure.
Lubbock

Every step of the way we have been treated with respect and care. All the nurses [The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock] know my name and are available WHENEVER a question arises.... Amy is truly amazing. We email weekly and she is always a bright spot in my journey. She keeps me up to date on my results and any changes in my plan.... The first thing I would mention about the clinic is their website. It is VERY informative and easy to negotiate. All the documents needed for the initial appointment are there and additional information is also given for financial aid and questions to ask your insurance providers.
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
The first thing I would mention about the clinic is their website. It is VERY informative and easy to negotiate. All the documents needed for the initial appointment are there and additional information is also given for financial aid and questions to ask your insurance providers. I felt like so much was explained there that I was comfortable with the process before I even called. I will say that they are very busy and it took us over a month to get our first appointment. After that we have been able to easily schedule our follow ups but I have heard that the wait for IVF, which we havent been referred to yet, is 3-4 months. One needs to be prepared for not all the answers, since this is science, but to rest assured that you will leave with more information about your body and its better than not knowing anything!
After two years of trying and one OBGYN appointment that resulted in terrible male infertility news we sought a specialists help. Every step of the way we have been treated with respect and care. All the nurses know my name and are available WHENEVER a question arises. They are hopeful which gives me hope. I could not go through this process without such a friendly and encouraging team behind us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
Amy is truly amazing. We email weekly and she is always a bright spot in my journey. She keeps me up to date on my results and any changes in my plan. It is such an emotional journey but she keeps my hopes up and reminds me that our bodies are a huge unknown but that they are working diligently to understand it and I full heartedly believe her!
Dr. Dorsett does not look like what I thought she would look like. She is older and doesn't flaunt her obvious success. She dresses comfortably and is very clear in her demeanor. She met with us in a nice room, not a sterile exam room. She drew us pictures and explained all the processes that we were about to embark on. She explained the risks and also the unknowns of the process and how every body is different and that she would be very involved in the progression of our infertility journey.
Make the appointment now. She is very sought after and there is much to do prior to your first consultation and the wait can be long. Once you are a patient, the Dr. will surprise you and you will gain a lot of information based on her expertise.
According to my own log flow and ovulation indicator and a bloodpanel it was clear that while I had regular cycles, I was not ovulating. I am 32 years old and had never had any cysts or complications that I knew of. Dr. Dorsett explained the follicle growth cycle and their plan. I would come in on my next period and do a baseline ultrasound. All was well. I was prescribed Femorah 2.5 mg for days 5-9 and 1 shot of Gonal RF 150. I went back on day 11 for another ultrasound and had two follicles but were no where near ready even with hormone injections. They decided to try 5 more days of 75mg injections with another follow up ultrasound on day 16. I am one day from that ultrasound. They were not happy with my growth or lining and are considering a different protocol for my next cycle as it seems my body isnt responding to the hormones. They ordered bloodwork on day 11 and will have more blood drawn to check levels depending on the results tomorrow.
Our insurance does not cover any infertility care. The initial appointment was $300, plus a sperm test for my husband, $180, and the initial ultrasound which brought our total to $660. We also travel 3 hrs each way to the office, so that cost adds up as well. The medicine we needed to order was about $1000. All costs are paid at the time of the visit. I pay about $250 per ultrasound, cash for hormone bloodwork $69 and it will be another $400 for the IUI procedure. This is just for one round as we have experienced.
Lubbock

Clean clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine- Lubbock] and relatively fast. Staff WE interacted with was good, however, most are no longer in the office. Previous staff mentioned to us to ask for help or work with before we saw Dorsett we also no longer in the office when we started treatment... Dorsett’s financial manager never gave us tips or suggestions to assist us with medications or insurance coverage.
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
Clean clinic and relatively fast. Staff WE interacted with was good, however, most are no longer in the office. Previous staff mentioned to us to ask for help or work with before we saw Dorsett we also no longer in the office when we started treatment
We never felt like a number with Dorsett’s nurse. However, compared to the new RE we see now, Dorsett’s financial manager never gave us tips or suggestions to assist us with medications or insurance coverage. Dorsett herself scientifically explained everything which was great until we got to treatments that were more difficult to understand. We could tell she was scientific mind, and we are scientific too. However, during a process that is already emotional to be going through, needing to understand everything is crucial and we did not always feel like she explained her medical terminology to us in ways that were easy to understand to people outside the fertility field
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock. (Assigned nurse: Amy Conn)
We nicknamed her Awesome-Nurse-Amy because of our stellar treatment with her. She explained everything to us, repeated anything we asked and helped in a couple of emergency situations and was always quick and timely with responding to our concerns
Janelle Dorsett is extremely intelligent and takes her work seriously. Compared to people who were treated by her previously (4+ years before us) it became apparent her mannerisms with patient interactions had changed
Be prepared to ask a lot of questions to comprehend
When we first met with her she laid every option out-endo diagnostic surgery, mini-stimulation IUI, and IVF with success rates for each. After some thought, we started with a supped-up IUI. The first month they found a cyst. Treated the cyst and tried again the next month. Meds + injections. Due to my tilted uterus, she adjusted the catheter and had a trial run to make sure there would be no issues that might damage the sperm they were using. She recommended surgery for diagnostic endometriosis early, but put the decision in our hands. After the failed IUI, we proceeded with the surgery which showed endometriosis. She took care of the problems the endo was causing and gave us 3 month times intercourse plan. After that, again, we could choose what level intervention to do next. We did another mini-stimulation IUI that failed. Repeated but my body did not respond to meds, so they gave me a round of birth control and told us to rest then come back when we were ready. By this time we decided to see another RE. Not because Dorsett is bad at what she does...we just felt it was time to move on
Costs were expensive at each appointment as infertility is not covered by insurance. Services shared with us for meds were out of state, so insurance could not help cover the meds. Amy Conn tried to push referrals to our pharmacy insurance, but the company was back-ordered and still to the day (despite no longer using CFRM) has not been filled by our pharmacy provider

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
nursing staff [at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock] is very thorough and sets the tone for your initial visit although they are just taking vitals they are very personable and make sure you are comfortable from the very start of each appointment...the over all clinic is great from the front desk to the receptionist I see to make follow up appointments and take payments. They are great at confirming appointments and returning calls if need be. The office is very well run
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
Every one in the office including the Dr. take time to explain and answer all the questions I have each and every time I am in the office, I never feel rushed I feel like she is great at explaining herself in a way that both my husband and I understand and are comfortable with
nursing staff is very thorough and sets the tone for your initial visit although they are just taking vitals they are very personable and make sure you are comfortable from the very start of each appointment
I initially started seeing the Dr for a pain I was having I saw two different doctors prior to seeing Dr. Dorsett, ultimately I ended up having to have surgery she was wonderful at explaining what to expect and keeping my mind at ease, I had an ovary removed with a dermoid cyst. I have continued to see the Dr. with my husband as we prepare to take the next steps in trying to grow our family she is great at making sure we understand everything each visit and making sure to let us know what it is to expect for our future visits
I would let prospective patients know that Dr. Dorsett is very easy to talk to and a great communicator so feel free to take questions with you, she will have no problem doing her best to make sure you leave with all of your answers

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I have never had a more caring nurse! I was amazed that she sat down with us and explained every single medication and what it was for. She helped compare pricing with 3 different pharmacies and got everything set up in one day!... It's [Center for Repro Med of Lubbock] conveniently located, very nice and comfortable office. Most of all you won't wait 2 hours to see her. Every single person you deal with is friendly and so helpful.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
I have yet to find any weaknesses. It's conveniently located, very nice and comfortable office. Most of all you won't wait 2 hours to see her. Every single person you deal with is friendly and so helpful.
Have only seenr the doctor once but from the very first phone call the ladies were so friendly and informative! They remember your name and can even make bad news bearable!
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
I have never had a more caring nurse! I was amazed that she sat down with us and explained every single medication and what it was for. She helped compare pricing with 3 different pharmacies and got everything set up in one day! She is priceless!!
First and foremost she explained everything and wrote it down for me. There was not one thing left out. She was friendly but told me the truth not what she thought I wanted to hear or what would earn her more money. She is the 4th doctor I have seen and she has already diagnosed me with 4 things that have never even been tested for.
She is "old school" This was her term. She believes in older methods but has the numbers to back her up.
We had decided to try another IUI up until yesterday. I would be using menopur, cetrotide and novarel. My blood work came back showing I have the MTHFR gene mutations, low thyroid and an extremely low AMH. After talking with the nurse we are going straight to IVF. So we will begin this month.
So far just the consultation fee.
Lubbock
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
The clinics facility [Ctr for Repro Med- Lubbok] was old and outdated. The lab wasn’t air quality controlled. The staff was overworked and therefore long wait times in the office and Waiting for results....They “lost” one of my embryos....I was accidentally given Demerol when they thought they were just cleaning my IV with saline....I was given an IV the day before retrieval by a friend of the Nurse at a second location because there would not be a qualified person to give me an IV on retrieval day.
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
The clinics facility was old and outdated. The lab wasn’t air quality controlled. The staff was overworked and therefore long wait times in the office and Waiting for results. During an emergency no one called me Back.
She never remembered who I was in seeing her for 2 years. They were always late, didn’t apologize for losing my embryo or accidentally giving my Demerol.
The original 2 nurses were kind and knowledgeable. They both left while I was there and a new Nurse started who was unqualified.
What specific things went wrong at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
Her bedside manner wasn’t very warm. They were so busy that the care suffered. I was accidentally given Demerol when they thought they were just cleaning my IV with saline. One of my embryos was “lost.”
Do your research. Go somewhere else.
I was on a very generic IVF protocol my first cycle which worked fairly well. Of the 4 embryos three were transferred at 2 different times. The first two resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Then we did miscarriage bloodwork. I wish we’d done that before the cycles. My second IVF protocol was changed (meds were increased) which didn’t result in more Follicles but she did retrieve them after only 5 days of stims. The result was only 2 embryos and after a fresh transfer, negative pregnancy test. She also did not give any reason that she was switching from frozen or fresh transfers after we asked.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
A very very long wait time.
Approximately $15,000 per IVF cycle
She was encouraging but not requiring single embryo transfers.
Lubbock

The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine is very nice and welcoming. I love how clean it is and the lobby is very nice. I love how it’s set up with everything you need in the bathroom to everything you need in the room. The temperature is always perfect since ultrasounds happen at every appointment.... I love going for ultrasounds. The front desk are always welcoming. I feel comfortable talking with everyone and feel happy about my results. My nurse is always so kind and answers any questions I have.
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
The clinic is very nice and welcoming. I love how clean it is and the lobby is very nice. I love how it’s set up with everything you need in the bathroom to everything you need in the room. The temperature is always perfect since ultrasounds happen at every appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Phy at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
She was very kind and made me feel wonderful.
How was your experience with Jennifer Phy at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
I love how Dr Phy made me feel hopeful about having a child but I wish I got to see her more often. My first appointment she did an ultrasound and I loved being under her care. I want to do IVF under her care but they charge around 20,000 and I do not have the money.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Phy at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
She is very caring and wants to make your dreams come true.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Phy used in your cycles at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock and their degree of success.
I stopped Clomid and she had me start Femara 2.5 mg x 2. I took that for 5 days starting cycle day 3-7. I did a baseline ultrasound on day 3 and went back on day 10 to see my follicles. If my follicles were bigger than 18 I would trigger with ovidril.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Phy at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
20,000 IVF
Describe Jennifer Phy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
Jennifer Phy
Lubbock

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jennifer Phy at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.

Every person in the clinic [The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock] knew me by name and remembered me every time I went in...The only negative I would say is the wait sometimes. But for a small clinic it is expected. Other than that, everything was great about the clinic. It is clean but almost warm feeling. The place is sort of hard to find but when you’ve been there once it is easy to remember, plus if you can’t find it they explain it well over the phone.
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
Every person in the clinic knew me by name and remembered me every time I went in.
Amy, and all the other nurses, knew me by name and were always so nice. She was exptremely hopeful and supportive!
I got pregnant on my own shortly after I started seeing her and had a miscarriage. She was so comforting and empathetic and shared her own miscarriage expirience with me. She was always hopeful without being unrealistic, which is what I feel I needed in a doctor.
Trust her and her process! She knows what she’s doing.
I do not remember doses but I took Femara, Ovidrel, and one other injection that I cannot recall the name of.
I do not remember the cost.
We did not transfer.