The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
3405 22nd St
Lubbock, TX 79410
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock to a friend?
1 doctor
Every step of the way we have been treated with respect and care. All the nurses [The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock] know my name and are available WHENEVER a question arises.... Amy is truly amazing. We email weekly and she is always a bright spot in my journey. She keeps me up to date on my results and any changes in my plan.... The first thing I would mention about the clinic is their website. It is VERY informative and easy to negotiate. All the documents needed for the initial appointment are there and additional information is also given for financial aid and questions to ask your insurance providers.
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
The first thing I would mention about the clinic is their website. It is VERY informative and easy to negotiate. All the documents needed for the initial appointment are there and additional information is also given for financial aid and questions to ask your insurance providers. I felt like so much was explained there that I was comfortable with the process before I even called. I will say that they are very busy and it took us over a month to get our first appointment. After that we have been able to easily schedule our follow ups but I have heard that the wait for IVF, which we havent been referred to yet, is 3-4 months. One needs to be prepared for not all the answers, since this is science, but to rest assured that you will leave with more information about your body and its better than not knowing anything!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janelle Dorsett at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
After two years of trying and one OBGYN appointment that resulted in terrible male infertility news we sought a specialists help. Every step of the way we have been treated with respect and care. All the nurses know my name and are available WHENEVER a question arises. They are hopeful which gives me hope. I could not go through this process without such a friendly and encouraging team behind us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
Amy is truly amazing. We email weekly and she is always a bright spot in my journey. She keeps me up to date on my results and any changes in my plan. It is such an emotional journey but she keeps my hopes up and reminds me that our bodies are a huge unknown but that they are working diligently to understand it and I full heartedly believe her!
How was your experience with Janelle Dorsett at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
Dr. Dorsett does not look like what I thought she would look like. She is older and doesn't flaunt her obvious success. She dresses comfortably and is very clear in her demeanor. She met with us in a nice room, not a sterile exam room. She drew us pictures and explained all the processes that we were about to embark on. She explained the risks and also the unknowns of the process and how every body is different and that she would be very involved in the progression of our infertility journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Dorsett at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
Make the appointment now. She is very sought after and there is much to do prior to your first consultation and the wait can be long. Once you are a patient, the Dr. will surprise you and you will gain a lot of information based on her expertise.
Describe the protocols Janelle Dorsett used in your cycles at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock and their degree of success.
According to my own log flow and ovulation indicator and a bloodpanel it was clear that while I had regular cycles, I was not ovulating. I am 32 years old and had never had any cysts or complications that I knew of. Dr. Dorsett explained the follicle growth cycle and their plan. I would come in on my next period and do a baseline ultrasound. All was well. I was prescribed Femorah 2.5 mg for days 5-9 and 1 shot of Gonal RF 150. I went back on day 11 for another ultrasound and had two follicles but were no where near ready even with hormone injections. They decided to try 5 more days of 75mg injections with another follow up ultrasound on day 16. I am one day from that ultrasound. They were not happy with my growth or lining and are considering a different protocol for my next cycle as it seems my body isnt responding to the hormones. They ordered bloodwork on day 11 and will have more blood drawn to check levels depending on the results tomorrow.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Dorsett at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
Our insurance does not cover any infertility care. The initial appointment was $300, plus a sperm test for my husband, $180, and the initial ultrasound which brought our total to $660. We also travel 3 hrs each way to the office, so that cost adds up as well. The medicine we needed to order was about $1000. All costs are paid at the time of the visit. I pay about $250 per ultrasound, cash for hormone bloodwork $69 and it will be another $400 for the IUI procedure. This is just for one round as we have experienced.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
nursing staff [at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock] is very thorough and sets the tone for your initial visit although they are just taking vitals they are very personable and make sure you are comfortable from the very start of each appointment...the over all clinic is great from the front desk to the receptionist I see to make follow up appointments and take payments. They are great at confirming appointments and returning calls if need be. The office is very well run
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
Every one in the office including the Dr. take time to explain and answer all the questions I have each and every time I am in the office, I never feel rushed I feel like she is great at explaining herself in a way that both my husband and I understand and are comfortable with
nursing staff is very thorough and sets the tone for your initial visit although they are just taking vitals they are very personable and make sure you are comfortable from the very start of each appointment
I initially started seeing the Dr for a pain I was having I saw two different doctors prior to seeing Dr. Dorsett, ultimately I ended up having to have surgery she was wonderful at explaining what to expect and keeping my mind at ease, I had an ovary removed with a dermoid cyst. I have continued to see the Dr. with my husband as we prepare to take the next steps in trying to grow our family she is great at making sure we understand everything each visit and making sure to let us know what it is to expect for our future visits
I would let prospective patients know that Dr. Dorsett is very easy to talk to and a great communicator so feel free to take questions with you, she will have no problem doing her best to make sure you leave with all of your answers
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I have never had a more caring nurse! I was amazed that she sat down with us and explained every single medication and what it was for. She helped compare pricing with 3 different pharmacies and got everything set up in one day!... It's [Center for Repro Med of Lubbock] conveniently located, very nice and comfortable office. Most of all you won't wait 2 hours to see her. Every single person you deal with is friendly and so helpful.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
I have yet to find any weaknesses. It's conveniently located, very nice and comfortable office. Most of all you won't wait 2 hours to see her. Every single person you deal with is friendly and so helpful.
Have only seenr the doctor once but from the very first phone call the ladies were so friendly and informative! They remember your name and can even make bad news bearable!
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
I have never had a more caring nurse! I was amazed that she sat down with us and explained every single medication and what it was for. She helped compare pricing with 3 different pharmacies and got everything set up in one day! She is priceless!!
First and foremost she explained everything and wrote it down for me. There was not one thing left out. She was friendly but told me the truth not what she thought I wanted to hear or what would earn her more money. She is the 4th doctor I have seen and she has already diagnosed me with 4 things that have never even been tested for.
She is "old school" This was her term. She believes in older methods but has the numbers to back her up.
We had decided to try another IUI up until yesterday. I would be using menopur, cetrotide and novarel. My blood work came back showing I have the MTHFR gene mutations, low thyroid and an extremely low AMH. After talking with the nurse we are going straight to IVF. So we will begin this month.
So far just the consultation fee.
Lubbock
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
The clinics facility [Ctr for Repro Med- Lubbok] was old and outdated. The lab wasn’t air quality controlled. The staff was overworked and therefore long wait times in the office and Waiting for results....They “lost” one of my embryos....I was accidentally given Demerol when they thought they were just cleaning my IV with saline....I was given an IV the day before retrieval by a friend of the Nurse at a second location because there would not be a qualified person to give me an IV on retrieval day.
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
The clinics facility was old and outdated. The lab wasn’t air quality controlled. The staff was overworked and therefore long wait times in the office and Waiting for results. During an emergency no one called me Back.
She never remembered who I was in seeing her for 2 years. They were always late, didn’t apologize for losing my embryo or accidentally giving my Demerol.
The original 2 nurses were kind and knowledgeable. They both left while I was there and a new Nurse started who was unqualified.
What specific things went wrong at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
Her bedside manner wasn’t very warm. They were so busy that the care suffered. I was accidentally given Demerol when they thought they were just cleaning my IV with saline. One of my embryos was “lost.”
Do your research. Go somewhere else.
I was on a very generic IVF protocol my first cycle which worked fairly well. Of the 4 embryos three were transferred at 2 different times. The first two resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Then we did miscarriage bloodwork. I wish we’d done that before the cycles. My second IVF protocol was changed (meds were increased) which didn’t result in more Follicles but she did retrieve them after only 5 days of stims. The result was only 2 embryos and after a fresh transfer, negative pregnancy test. She also did not give any reason that she was switching from frozen or fresh transfers after we asked.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
A very very long wait time.
Approximately $15,000 per IVF cycle
Describe Janelle Dorsett's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
She was encouraging but not requiring single embryo transfers.
Lubbock
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine is very nice and welcoming. I love how clean it is and the lobby is very nice. I love how it’s set up with everything you need in the bathroom to everything you need in the room. The temperature is always perfect since ultrasounds happen at every appointment.... I love going for ultrasounds. The front desk are always welcoming. I feel comfortable talking with everyone and feel happy about my results. My nurse is always so kind and answers any questions I have.
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
The clinic is very nice and welcoming. I love how clean it is and the lobby is very nice. I love how it’s set up with everything you need in the bathroom to everything you need in the room. The temperature is always perfect since ultrasounds happen at every appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Phy at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
She was very kind and made me feel wonderful.
How was your experience with Jennifer Phy at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
I love how Dr Phy made me feel hopeful about having a child but I wish I got to see her more often. My first appointment she did an ultrasound and I loved being under her care. I want to do IVF under her care but they charge around 20,000 and I do not have the money.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Phy at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
She is very caring and wants to make your dreams come true.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Phy used in your cycles at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock and their degree of success.
I stopped Clomid and she had me start Femara 2.5 mg x 2. I took that for 5 days starting cycle day 3-7. I did a baseline ultrasound on day 3 and went back on day 10 to see my follicles. If my follicles were bigger than 18 I would trigger with ovidril.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Phy at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
20,000 IVF
Describe Jennifer Phy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
Jennifer Phy
Lubbock
Every person in the clinic [The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock] knew me by name and remembered me every time I went in...The only negative I would say is the wait sometimes. But for a small clinic it is expected. Other than that, everything was great about the clinic. It is clean but almost warm feeling. The place is sort of hard to find but when you’ve been there once it is easy to remember, plus if you can’t find it they explain it well over the phone.
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
Every person in the clinic knew me by name and remembered me every time I went in.
Amy, and all the other nurses, knew me by name and were always so nice. She was exptremely hopeful and supportive!
I got pregnant on my own shortly after I started seeing her and had a miscarriage. She was so comforting and empathetic and shared her own miscarriage expirience with me. She was always hopeful without being unrealistic, which is what I feel I needed in a doctor.
Trust her and her process! She knows what she’s doing.
I do not remember doses but I took Femara, Ovidrel, and one other injection that I cannot recall the name of.
I do not remember the cost.
We did not transfer.