Grand Rapids
3230 Eagle Park Drive NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Grand Rapids - Women's Center/Downtown (closed)
555 MidTowne
Mason, MI 48854
Traverse City
1200 6th Street
Traverse City, MI 49684

Dr. Dodds actually sat down to speak with me about all options possible. Only downside to me is, I would like to see more of him when cycles dont work to explain a better solution instead of using his nurses...Most of my cycles consisted of taking Femara cd3-7 then doing Gonal F injections cd7-14 then on cd25 i would take the trigger shot. Never got a positive pregnancy test on any cycle.
Clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] is very clean, neat and the staff there is very friendly and well mannered. They get to know each patient to make you feel comfortable. They treat you as a human and not like a number. Theres nothing i would change about this clinic or staff...They talked to me, not at me and answered all my questions.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
That Dr. Dodds actually cares about his patients
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
They talked to me, not at me and answered all my questions.
Describe the protocols William Dodds used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
All his nurses are extremely awesome and have great attitudes.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Clinic is very clean, neat and the staff there is very friendly and well mannered. They get to know each patient to make you feel comfortable. They treat you as a human and not like a number. Theres nothing i would change about this clinic or staff.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Femara - $100/cycle Gonal F - $600/cycle Trigger shot - $200/cycle Blood work and Ultrasounds were covered by insurance (no longer have).
2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr Dodd was very kind and open. When I had complications on a weekend, he was right there talking to the doctors at my local hospital and finally had to admit me himself in Grand Rapids. He was very sympathetic. During my procedures, he was patient and comforting. When we finally saw our babies heartbeats, he encouraged us to take a video so we could always have that moment!
The clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] operated based on my cycle and was very responsive. I had no complaints about the clinic. I did have to drive to Grand Rapids one day for an ultrasound because I needed it on a day that the Kalamazoo branch was closed. ... The nurses were very prompt and informative. They showed compassion through the whole process.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Be patient with the process as hard as it is.
Dr. Was very receptive to my individual needs and recalled previous conversations we had had.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic operated based on my cycle and was very responsive. I had no complaints about the clinic. I did have to drive to Grand Rapids one day for an ultrasound because I needed it on a day that the Kalamazoo branch was closed.
Kalamazoo

He [Dr. William Dodds] is smart and up on all new findings etc. he seems like he cares a lot. He was fast in explaining but did not feel overly rushed The one thing that made me feel awkward was he had a cold and did not wash his hands upon entering room. Not a big deal at all but I do remember that. His staff is very helpful and tries to explain the finances and money aspect. One thing I liked was that did read our prior doctors notes very quickly and thoroughly. He went into detail about our past procedures and I felt good about that
It’s pretty normal clinic [Fertility Center of MI-Kalamazoo]. Small but it has everything. The strength is that you can email and talk over phone about treatment. The weakness is the cost. It’s hard not knowing how much the exact cost will be. They try to give you their best estimate but it is not always accurate.... [the nurses are] Very good. Very organized and on top of things.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is smart and up on all new findings etc. he seems like he cares a lot. He was fast in explaining but did not feel overly rushed The one thing that made me feel awkward was he had a cold and did not wash his hands upon entering room. Not a big deal at all but I do remember that. His staff is very helpful and tries to explain the finances and money aspect. One thing I liked was that did read our prior doctors notes very quickly and thoroughly. He went into detail about our past procedures and I felt good about that
Just try to understand the cost up front. Do research and just relax!!!
I thought he was pretty good. He explained the process and some strategy. I would say lacking a little bit of compassion- as we have had so many negative results with past doctor
He wants to use eggs that are already fertilized and frozen. He also wants to test everything prior to make sure there are no hiccups. I can’t go into too Much detail because I don’t know the terms
Very good. Very organized and on top of things.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It’s pretty normal clinic. Small but it has everything. The strength is that you can email and talk over phone about treatment. The weakness is the cost. It’s hard not knowing how much the exact cost will be. They try to give you their best estimate but it is not always accurate
I think it was expensive but comparable to others
Describe William Dodds's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I think it should be a couples choice especially after multiple failures. I don’t know if I would go too high but I think 3 or 4 might be reasonable if couple feels that way after multiple failures
Kalamazoo

if you want someone who will shoot you straight, and push forward without haste, then Dr. Young will be a great fit...may seem quiet and reserved at first, but he will become a fierce advocate, giving you nothing but his best...I have PCOS, so the first treatment strategy was Clomid with monitoring to see if that would help me ovulate. The outcome was little to no results.next I was put on Metformin (indefinitely). The next strategy was a combination of Clomid, Follistim, Ovidrel and timed intercourse. This treatment was successful in getting me to ovulate, but unfortunately it didn’t result in a pregnancy. With the help of Dr. Young we decided to stop current treatments and move forward with IVF. Within a month of stopping treatment, we got pregnant naturally but unfortunately suffered a chemical pregnancy. We are currently saving for IVF.
Every single nurse [at The Fertility Center of Michigan], every single time, from a long visit to a quick in and out visit, was nothing but caring, respectful, honest and empathetic. The nursing staff was prompt to respond to every message I left, little issue or big...The office was determined to find me the best deal for medicines that weren’t covered by insurance. They work with an online fertility pharmacy, and would give me the information to figure out what pharmacies near me had the best price for meds.
How was your experience with James Young (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
There was never a time that I left Dr. Young feeling confused about treatment, unheard about my feelings or concerns, or worried about what would be next. From the very beginning, my husband and I felt a sense of relief and calmness from our meetings with Dr. Young. He is soft spoken, but delivers news, treatment plans and options with conviction. If you want a Dr. that is going to tip-toe and proceed with caution, Dr. Young may not be the doctor for you. But if you want someone who will shoot you straight, and push forward without haste, then Dr. Young will be a great fit.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Young (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Know that Dr. Young may seem quiet and reserved at first, but he will become a fierce advocate, giving you nothing but his best.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Young (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Although Dr. Young is very thorough, it is sometimes his emotion, or lack of, during delivery of information that can seem a bit cold. I could see how, to some, the lack of emotion could equate to feeling like a number. However, with a matter such as infertility, I would rather have a Dr. be completely honest, straightforward, with less emotion, than a Dr. that sugar coats and withholds.
Describe the protocols James Young (retired) used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Amy and Julie)
I have zero constructive criticism for the nursing staff. Every single nurse, every single time, from a long visit to a quick in and out visit, was nothing but caring, respectful, honest and empathetic. The nursing staff was prompt to respond to every message I left, little issue or big. If they didn’t have the answer, they would assure me that they would work until they found it, and they did. I can’t imagine this journey without them!
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are busy, so make sure if you’re a new patient, to plan ahead! Initially it took a month and a half to get my first appointment. Now that I’m an established patient, I never have any issues getting appointments. The front desk staff is always on the ball, and accommodating. They have always tried their hardest to make sure that we have all of the information we need, and have worked with my strange work schedule on many occasions to make sure I got the appointment I needed. The first visit can be overwhelming, but very informative. You receive a large packet of all of the information discussed, in case you can’t remember it all. The staff is always there to answer any questions you may have.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Young (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
My Insurance does not cover infertility treatments, however the billing staff would work with me to code things appropriately to save me the most money. Each visit I had a copay of $35. My medicines were sometimes covered, sometimes not. Although I believe this has to do with my insurance, not the provider. Clomid- $45. Metformin-$15. Follistim- $300/300iu $600/600iu. Ovidrel- $107. The office was determined to find me the best deal for medicines that weren’t covered by insurance. They work with an online fertility pharmacy, and would give me the information to figure out what pharmacies near me had the best price for meds.
Describe James Young (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of Michigan.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
I think Dr. Dodds is exceptional and he wants all of his patients to succeed. What I like best is even though I am under his primary care, all of the doctors have great communication and I am able to feel comfortable with any of them.... Dr. Dodds has discussed multiple times the risks of transferring multiple embryos and their clinic holds a strong stance on transferring one is best, which I respect that they are looking at the overall picture and the health of the mother and baby.
The main clinic [Fertility Ctr of MI] is in Grand Rapids which is where all procedures are performed but the normal appointments can be at one of their other locations, we went to the Kalamazoo clinic. We liked the staff at both locations, and appreciate that they know us by name and are always friendly. They are also very respectful when things go poorly... Every nurse I have encountered has shown great empathy and compassion and some can relate to the journey which is comforting.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Do your research, ask questions until you feel comfortable. If you are walking in with no prior knowledge regarding infertility, like I did, I felt very lost and confused but he is willing to explain things in a way for you to understand until you feel comfortable.
From the time we had our first consult we felt that Dr.Dodds genuinely wanted to help us succeed and every visit since we leave with that same feeling.
We took our time trying these out slowly. We started with timed intercourse with clomid and gonal f then moved to iui’s with gonal f, eventually moving to IVF which is where we discovered my egg quality was poor. We retrieved 3 times and I really appreciated that each time the doctors discussed my case and tried different approaches, however in the end my eggs are just too poor and we are moving on to donor eggs.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The main clinic is in Grand Rapids which is where all procedures are performed but the normal appointments can be at one of their other locations, we went to the Kalamazoo clinic. We liked the staff at both locations, and appreciate that they know us by name and are always friendly. They are also very respectful when things go poorly (when I found out I miscarried).
Though we have not had any transfers yet, Dr. Dodds has discussed multiple times the risks of transferring multiple embryos and their clinic holds a strong stance on transferring one is best, which I respect that they are looking at the overall picture and the health of the mother and baby.
Kalamazoo
[Dr. Dodds]is very knowledgeable about the latest research, is kind with good and bad news, is honest and goes out of the way to make a patient feel heard and clarified anything that you ask...never made me feel as though my fertility and dream of a family was a lost cause. I knew my age was a factor and he always found a way to help me through the emotions... he said that my diminished ovarian reserve needed more of “the Cadillac treatment” the best medicine. Iui’s- two were successful but resulted in early miscarriages. Dr. Dodd’s reviewed the plan each time and is continuing to support me on my journey with the latest research
The nurses [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] are fabulous!! They are great in handling not only the physical aspects of infertility, but also the emotional ones. They remind you to be gentle with yourself and were always my biggest cheerleaders!...Iui’s were not covered and totaled $600...The clinic has multiple locations, but most of the bigger procedures take place in Grand Rapids. The clinic is clean, inviting, and the staff is always friendly. It would be nice if the hours at the clinics were more conducive to work schedules with later appointments. With that being said, the schedulers always did their best to find an appointment that supported times I had available so that I did not have to take a lot of time off of work.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Doctor Dodd is very knowledgeable about the latest research, is kind with good and bad news, is honest and goes out of the way to make a patient feel heard and clarified anything that you ask. Dr. Dodd never made me feel as though my fertility and dream of a family was a lost cause. I knew my age was a factor and he always found a way to help me through the emotions.
He is honest and will do his best to even be honest and supportive when the news isn’t always positive. Ask questions! He appreciates it and will do his best to answer to the fullest
Doctor Dodd personally called me when I had concerns and worries about my plan. He is very kind and gentle during this tumultuous journey
Injections- he said that my diminished ovarian reserve needed more of “the Cadillac treatment” the best medicine. Iui’s- two were successful but resulted in early miscarriages. Dr. Dodd’s reviewed the plan each time and is continuing to support me on my journey with the latest research
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
The nurses are fabulous!! They are great in handling not only the physical aspects of infertility, but also the emotional ones. They remind you to be gentle with yourself and were always my biggest cheerleaders!
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
My insurance covered most of the meds- I paid $40 for each med order. Iui’s were not covered and totaled $600

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
He [Dr. James Young] is very knowledgeable and helpful...I underwent three months of femara and iui unsuccessfully. Then three with clomid that were unsuccessful. I moved on to ivf. My first retrieval did not go as planned. I had very few embryos. I can't remember the exact name of the protocol, but this next round we are going with the flare protocol... recommended multiple embryo transfer due to my age...was very calm and did a good job explaining procedures and answering my questions.
All the nursing staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] was amazing. Heidi was my favorite because she was the most understanding and compassionate...Always return calls in a timely manner. Willing to answer any questions and offer support when needed. They definitely go the distance for their patients. I feel very comfortable with them and appreciate their help...I underwent three months of femara and iui unsuccessfully. Then three with clomid that were unsuccessful. I moved on to ivf. My first retrieval did not go as planned. I had very few embryos. I can't remember the exact name of the protocol, but this next round we are going with the flare protocol.
Very calm and patient, almost too much so. Did a great job explaining procedures and answering any questions or concerns. I always felt safe and comfortable. If I was worried or nervous, he did a great job to ease my fears.
Ask questions about your treatment if you have them. He is very knowledgeable and helpful.
Dr. Young was very calm and did a good job explaining procedures and answering my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
All the nursing staff was amazing. Heidi was my favorite because she was the most understanding and compassionate.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very compassionate. Always return calls in a timely manner. Willing to answer any questions and offer support when needed. They definitely go the distance for their patients. I feel very comfortable with them and appreciate their help.
Most of my cost was out of pocket. Some treatments were covered by insurance.
My doctor recommended multiple embryo transfer due to my age. It made sense to me and I felt comfortable with his decision.
Kalamazoo
Dr. Young is friendly, compassionate, and caring. He will tell you everything that is going on, which made me as a patient, feel very comforted. I do not see Dr. Young when I go in for my routine appointments, sometimes that is a little frustrating, although I do understand he is very busy. ... The first three months I was a patient of Dr. Young’s he had me doing timed cycles. We had a consultation shortly into month four and didn’t want to skip a month so we did another timed cycle. After those four months we have done 2 unsuccessful IUIs and just completed our third IUI, currently awaiting the results. All IUIs have been with Gonal-F injection
The Kalamazoo clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] is very friendly. From the minute you walk in the door they greet you by name with a smile. The staff is generally the same people which makes you feel more comfortable and less like a number. ... The nurse I generally see is amazing, supportive, honest, and informative. They are right there with you, encouraging you to stay strong but also understand you will have days you want to cry and scream.
Dr. Young takes the time to ensure you are comfortable.
The first three months I was a patient of Dr. Young’s he had me doing timed cycles. We had a consultation shortly into month four and didn’t want to skip a month so we did another timed cycle. After those four months we have done 2 unsuccessful IUIs and just completed our third IUI, currently awaiting the results. All IUIs have been with Gonal-F injections.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The Kalamazoo clinic is very friendly. From the minute you walk in the door they greet you by name with a smile. The staff is generally the same people which makes you feel more comfortable and less like a number.
The cost for timed cycles, with my insurance, was covered except for the medication deductible of $40. The cost for IUI cycles, with my insurance, was $600, $40 for ovulation shot, and $40 per box of injections.
Kalamazoo

Dr Dodd always answered all my questions that my husband or I may have had. He was good about making sure he would tell us in a way we would understand everything outside of medical terminology. He didn’t wait around and make me go through anymore IUIs or testing after I had seen over providers ... I have tried a lot. I have done clomid with out observation and with ovulation observations/IUI. I have don’t 2 rounds of IVF only one egg retrieval. My meds where gonal f, Menopur, certotide, progesterone. I had 3 shots I did a day. When I had my retrieval I ended up getting 11 good eggs
When I would go to check in the reception always knew my name. My nurse always had empathy and they all cared about my feelings and made sure I understood every step of the process ... You will have to go to Grand Rapids [The Fertility Center of Michigan] for some care of you are seen in Kalamazoo. Everyone is very nice in both offices. The Kalamazoo office does have short office hours but if you have to be seen the Grand Rapids office will get you in. ... She always called me back, answered all my questions completely and made sure I understood. When my first IVF round didn’t work she was very compassionate
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He cares about his patients, he will listen to you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
You will have to go to Grand Rapids for some care of you are seen in Kalamazoo. Everyone is very nice in both offices. The Kalamazoo office does have short office hours but if you have to be seen the Grand Rapids office will get you in.
Around $14,000 that’s was over 2 years. 2 IUIs, I egg retrieval and 2 IVF cycles
Kalamazoo

He [Dr. Young] is very caring and down to earth. Wants the best for us and truly wants to help.... He goes over every detail including the percentages/results from people my age with infertility issues and why he thinks we should try this. He wants to help us and get us results of a pregnancy. He truly cares about my husband and I.... First timed medicated cycle. I did gonel-f at 50 for 6 days and than ovudril after ultrasound/bloodwork said I was going to ovulate.
Very on top of everything. And always there to answer questions you have. Office staff [Fertility Center of Michigan] is always very friendly. And happy to help anytime you need it. No weaknesses. This office rocks. I definitely would tell a new patient to try to not be nervous. They truly want to help....Medicine cost was $40-$900 depending on my insurance. Ultrasound was half covered so that was $190. Bloodwork was covered. Office visit was $50
Nothing. He is a wonderful doctor.
He is very caring and down to earth. Wants the best for us and truly wants to help.
First timed medicated cycle. I did gonel-f at 50 for 6 days and than ovudril after ultrasound/bloodwork said I was going to ovulate. Second I did another medicated cycle. This time doing gonel-f at 75 for 7 days than the ultrasound/bloodwork. Than ovudril as directed
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Amy Brown)
Very informative & funny. Makes you feel better about the issues.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very on top of everything. And always there to answer questions you have. Office staff is always very friendly. And happy to help anytime you need it. No weaknesses. This office rocks. I definitely would tell a new patient to try to not be nervous. They truly want to help.
Kalamazoo

He [Dr. James Young] listened to my concerns and what I was saying and going on with my body...He knew what he was talking about and was able to word it so then I understood what steps we were going to be doing. At each appointment he would explain in a way that made sense to me and my husband and we looked forward to seeing him at appointment and knew he would answer all of our questions that we had about the meds and timing with everything.
They [nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan] are amazing and very caring about their patience and they are very encouraging and able to talk to them about things that are on your mind...They are very caring and encourage of your well being and ask how you are as soon as you walk I to the office. They dont have any weakness that I see. The office is always clean and maintained. If you have something going on in your life that your struggling with and need a hug they will give you words of encouragement and a hug. They are awesome
Just go with the flow
He listened to my concerns and what I was saying and going on with my body.
So as of right now we are doing the ultrasound on day 3 or 4 of period then injection shots for 5 days then blood work and ultrasound one more day of gonal f injection shot then ovidil injection shot then intercourse the next 3 nights then start prtestrone on Friday April 19 then two weeks in home pregnancy test call with results. Supposed to do IUI but don't have the extra money right now for it.
They are amazing and very caring about their patience and they are very encouraging and able to talk to them about things that are on your mind
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
So we had to pay out of pocket for some of our ultrasounds some meds, all IUI if we did ivf office visit copays. Insurance did cover like 3 things office visits, ultrasounds and meds with copay
Kalamazoo
[Dr. Mili Thakur] is very kind and compassionate. She is also very intelligent and knowledgeable about genetics. She took her time explaini ng the process to us. She made us feel welcome as it can be embarrassing to seek fertility help.I felt like we were in good hands with her...First cycle I used clomid and only one follicle matured. This cycle I am using clomid and follistim with a planned iui...took time to explain the process to my husband. As a nurse I understood but he did not so it was nice that she took time to explain the steps we would be taking.
One issue [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] can be parking depending on the time of your appointment. The center is in a shared building with other customers so it can get tight. It is always very clean in the waiting room. I would suggest larger BP cuffs or having nurses put cuff on forearm if not available. Otherwise cuff is too small and readings are not accurate...She [nurse] answers all my questions, usually several times, without making me feel foolish. She asks what I want to do regarding my plan of care.
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Mili Thakur is very kind and compassionate. She is also very intelligent and knowledgeable about genetics. She took her time explaini ng the process to us. She made us feel welcome as it can be embarrassing to seek fertility help.I felt like we were in good hands with her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dont be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
She was very kind and took time to explain the process to my husband. As a nurse I understood but he did not so it was nice that she took time to explain the steps we would be taking.
Describe the protocols Mili Thakur used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
Amy is fantastic! She answers all my questions, usually several times, without making me feel foolish. She asks what I want to do regarding my plan of care.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Amanda is wonderful. Always so kind. One issue can be parking depending on the time of your appointment. The center is in a shared building with other customers so it can get tight. It is always very clean in the waiting room. I would suggest larger BP cuffs or having nurses put cuff on forearm if not available. Otherwise cuff is too small and readings are not accurate.
Mili Thakur

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Time with Dr. Shavell is great. I only wish there were more appointments with her(that you were not charged extra for) and not support staff so it would be easier to ask questions directly to her. She definitely listens and addresses all concerns when you are with her. And she is also good at explaining anything you don't understand....After failed clomid cycles with obgyn, dr. Shavell ran testing that included HSG, blood tests, ultrasound and SA for my spouse.
Beautiful facilities [at The Fertility Center] (Mason and Grand Rapids locations). All very minimal wait times....Nursing staff has been great and I have no complaints....$500 for IUI with SA/Wash....Time with Dr. Shavell is great. I only wish there were more appointments with her(that you were not charged extra for) and not support staff so it would be easier to ask questions directly to her. She definitely listens and addresses all concerns when you are with her.
How was your experience with Valerie Shavell at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Valerie Shavell at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Come prepared with your questions because direct one on one time with her is valuable time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Valerie Shavell at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Shavell is very kind and sweet manored so she makes you feel as though you really matter and she wants to help figure out what's best for you.
Describe the protocols Valerie Shavell used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
After failed clomid cycles with obgyn, dr. Shavell ran testing that included HSG, blood tests, ultrasound and SA for my spouse. Determined that IUI was the best next step. IUI #1 was 2.5mg Femara on CD 3-7, ovidrel trigger on CD17 with 2 mature follicles and IUI on CD19, cycle ended on 12dpIUI. IUI #2 was 5mg Femara on CD 3-7, ovidrel trigger on CD17 with 1 mature follicle and IUI on CD19, cycle ended on 12dpIUI. Our next plan of action is a more agressive IUI with either metformin, Femara and ovidrel or injectable meds like menopur, gonal f or follistim and then ovidrel and IUI; since the femara and ovidrel are working but not good enough. My spouse is also on clomid for his male infertility issues.
Nursing staff has been great and I have no complaints.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Beautiful facilities (Mason and Grand Rapids locations). All very minimal wait times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Valerie Shavell at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
We have approximately 50% fertility related coverage however 0% of IUI and IVF are covered. So those additionally out of pocket costs were reasonable. $500 for IUI with SA/Wash.
2020, Consult
Since we had a televisit, its hard to describe our experience, since its alot different with other appointments. But i believe she [Dr. Mili Thakur] answered all of our questions and i feel like she helped us, and provided alot of information...She's great, if you have questions just ask...went above and beyond making sure we understood everything so far. Its a difficult time with covid 19, and she made sure we knew how to protect against it and explained how right now they can not do new ivf, since no one knows how it will or could affect fertility or pregnancies
We are in the very early stages of treatment, we have only had our initial appointment [with The Fertility Center of Michigan]...we went over medical history, and what she thinks we can still trt, and what is safe to do with this pandemic covid 19...i do love the fact that they are doing the televisits. I was very worried that our appointment was going to get pushed back with the offices not being able to see patients, but because of the televisit we we're able to seen(televisit) sooner than our initial appointment.
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Since we had a televisit, its hard to describe our experience, since its alot different with other appointments. But i believe she answered all of our questions and i feel like she helped us, and provided alot of information.
She's great, if you have questions just ask.
I felt like Dr. Thakur went above and beyond making sure we understood everything so far. Its a difficult time with covid 19, and she made sure we knew how to protect against it and explained how right now they can not do new ivf, since no one knows how it will or could affect fertility or pregnancies
We are in the very early stages of treatment, we have only had our initial appointment, and that eas a televising, but we went over medical history, and what she thinks we can still trt, and what is safe to do with this pandemic covid 19
I have not seen any of the nursing staff, with the stay at home order, the offices are closed to patients and our appointment was a televisit
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
At this point in our fertility/infertility journey I can not say how the clinic was, since we have the pandemic covid 19,and the stay at home order,so offices are closed to patients, i am however excited to meet everyone in person once the covid 19 has calmed down, or clears up so that the clinic can open back up.i do love the fact that they are doing the televisits. I was very worried that our appointment was going to get pushed back with the offices not being able to see patients, but because of the televisit we we're able to seen(televisit) sooner than our initial appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Being that we have only had a consultation it is too early to say anything about cost as we arr still learning what we need to do.
Mili Thakur

2013 - 2019, Successful
Dr Shavell reviewed everything with us. She was kind and straightforward regarding our options. After the many failures we experienced, she gave us the best option at that point resulting in our son. ... She is the person you want in your corner with fertility treatments. She is kind and forthcoming about what will work best for you are as a person or couple TTC. I can't thank her enough for not giving up on us and giving us the best thing in our lives, our son.
TFC [The Fertility Center of Michigan] was the best decision we made when choosing a clinic. the staff and drs are wonderful and work as a team to help you every step of the way. with multiple locations in Michigan, it was very convenient ... Always treated as VIP when in their [the nursing staff] care. Wonderful staff. ... [the total cost] 36,721.36 ...
Dr Shavell is wonderful doctor. She is the person you want in your corner with fertility treatments. She is kind and forthcoming about what will work best for you are as a person or couple TTC. I can't thank her enough for not giving up on us and giving us the best thing in our lives, our son.
Be open to advice she has to give you.
Always treated as VIP when in their care. Wonderful staff.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
TFC was the best decision we made when choosing a clinic. the staff and drs are wonderful and work as a team to help you every step of the way. with multiple locations in Michigan, it was very convenient.
36,721.36
2019, Consult
The clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] is very small and I was unsure where to enter. Once inside the office is very inviting...The nursing staff were very nice and compassionate...We just had a consult. She [Dr. Valerie Shavell] told me the process of IVF and explained every step...let me know that I could choose the number of embryos to transfer whether it be single or 2...She understood my struggle and said that we would find a way to create a family. She is compassionate and empathetic...She let me know how the process would work and the potential outcome. She offered all of the options to help afford the procedure due to it being so expensive
Dr shavell was understanding and thoroughly explained every aspect of IVF. She let me know how the process would work and the potential outcome. She offered all of the options to help afford the procedure due to it being so expensive
Ask all the questions that you have. Dr shavell is willing to answer and explain everything
We just had a consult. She told me the process of IVF and explained every step.
The nursing staff were very nice and compassionate.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic is very small and I was unsure where to enter. Once inside the office is very inviting. I may not go back to the Mason office and instead go to the grand rapids office due to it being close to the same distance
Office visits are covered under my insurance but I will have to pay out of pocket for all drugs and treatment due to fertility not being covered with my insurance
Describe Valerie Shavell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Dr shavell let me know that I could choose the number of embryos to transfer whether it be single or 2