Genetic counseling: Offered
717-544-3553
130 Leader Heights Road
York, PA 17403
717-747-3214
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Fertility Center of PA to a friend?

1 doctor
IUI, IVF
I chose TFC because of its size and dual locations (one office is where I live and the other where I work). They were quick to address my needs and were honest about our chances.... This whole process is stressful enough-it’s great to be able to go for my bloodwork and scabs before work! They link with WellSpan which makes billing and test result viewing easy.... Everyone is great. Very easy to chat with and distract you while you’re being poked and prodded. Also get back to me within a few hours of leaving a message.
IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
Love the dual locations and very early hours! I have a very demanding job. This whole process is stressful enough-it’s great to be able to go for my bloodwork and scabs before work! They link with WellSpan which makes billing and test result viewing easy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
The clinic is small, or it least it seems so. Everyone is friendly and seems to know me.
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
I chose TFC because of its size and dual locations (one office is where I live and the other where I work). They were quick to address my needs and were honest about our chances. For example, we prepped for an IUI cycle only to learn that my husbands count was way low. Other clinics would have still done the IUI and taken out money, but they were upfront and honest...IUI wouldn’t have helped our chances with that count. I’m now prepping for my first IVF freeze all then FET cycle and everyone has been wonderful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Ask questions! He’ll answer them without making you feel dumb like some doctors can do.
Describe the protocols Robert Filer used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of PA and their degree of success.
The original plan was for fresh transfer, but after reviewing my baseline results, they recommended freeze all and FET due to my increased risk of OHSS. I also appreciate the advice to skip PGS testing based on our age and medical background and issues.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA.
Fertility treatments are expensive and sadly my insurance covers very little. I diligently compare my costs here to others and it is comparable.
Describe Robert Filer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of PA.
Not sure yet. At consultation, he indicated no more than two. Seemed like he really left it up to the patient absent any serious medical concerns.
Lancaster

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA.

The clinic as a whole [Fertility Ctr of PA] really struggles with communication. The beginning of this process with blood work was awful. My husband had to do his bloodwork through the VA and the tests were not the correct ones the first time. So he had to go back again. I sent the tests all to the office via email... and they didn't get them until they went looking for them. Then they told me he didn't have all the right stuff... which I knew he did. I told them to look it over again.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
The clinic as a whole really struggles with communication. The beginning of this process with blood work was awful. My husband had to do his bloodwork through the VA and the tests were not the correct ones the first time. So he had to go back again. I sent the tests all to the office via email... and they didn't get them until they went looking for them. Then they told me he didn't have all the right stuff... which I knew he did. I told them to look it over again. And sure enough it was all there. There's always quite a bit of hold time on the phone and no one seems to care that this is a very emotional and stressful process. Just kind of push you through. Once I was an established patient, they treated me better and addressed me by name when I walked in the door. But... who wants to go to a clinic to get pregnant that much!
I had to briefly address my issues I felt at every meeting. There wasn't a knowledge of my personal history or a care to explore any possible issues. During my last cycle that I saw him, he either read my chart wrong or was given the wrong information from the nurses. From there on, I didn't see him. As if he removed himself from my care.
I didn't see one particular nurse, necessarily. But I had a couple and I don't remember their names. They also have an ultrasound tech. They answered any questions I had and made small talk appropriately. Everyone was nice in person. Over the phone was a different story. Very short. When I had my positive pregnancy test, they were so excited for me.
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
He was willing to answer every question I presented, and I did ask a lot of questions. But, he was not personal. He didn't ask me about any symptoms I was having or how I was feeling during the process. I had to be my own advocate and mention things that I felt were out of the ordinary. Which I only knew were not normal/good because of my own research and THANKFULLY for all the wonderful women who share their on experiences. He had not ever suggested that maybe there were some further explorations that needed to take place to see why I wasn't becoming pregnant. Just pushed me through to the next round.
Do your own research. You will need to advocate for yourself and ask questions. They will not probe to get to the solution.
I started with clomid for (2) IUI cycles. The first cycle the symptoms were mild and I produced (3) follicles that cycle. Ovidrel trigger shot. Donor Sperm. No takers. Second cycle clomid again. The headaches and hot flashes were BAD and continued until after I ovulated. (2) follicles. LH surged on its own. Donor Sperm. Not pregnant. Felt like I was... delayed AF. So possible an undocumented chemical as I never went for my Beta. Third cycle I went to letrozole (2.5 mg). No symptoms. My lining was was much better and my follicle resulted much the same. (2) follicles. Ovidrel trigger. Donor sperm. Not pregnant. Fourth cycle, letrozole again (2.5 mg). No symptoms from that. My follicles took forever to grow. Two looked to be mature and I surged on my own. Chemical pregnancy. HCG only at 12 on Beta. Fifth cycle... a glutton for punishment at this point. Combo cycle with letrozole (same dosage) and 75 units of Gonal-F starting on CD 8 through CD 11. Only one follicle... ONLY ONE. Started to surge on my own but still was told to trigger with Ovidrel. No pregancy.
I was quoted at $395 for an IUI after they consulted with my insurance company. I did have co-pays for every appt and bloodwork. At the end of 2018, I received a statement in the mail from them saying I had a credit of over $700!!! It took a month and a half for me to get said credit after several phone calls. For my last IUI (in 2019), I didn't pay the cost for the IUI because I didn't want to wait again for reimbursement. Ended up that my insurance covered all but $100 out of pocket.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Doctors, scheduling, nurses and front desk [at The Fertility Center of PA] are all very helpful. I have had some confusion and difficulties with the billing and insurance department getting things figured out for my husband’s testing...So far everyone has been very kind and helpful with any questions I’ve had. And everyone I’ve encountered through all the testing has been great too...a price sheet was given to us describing each service and cost. IVF without medication is close to $9200
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
Doctors, scheduling, nurses and front desk are all very helpful. I have had some confusion and difficulties with the billing and insurance department getting things figured out for my husband’s testing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of PA?
I just completed my HSG test, Dr Thakur had trouble with my test and asked at many points if I was comfortable enough to keep going. She was great with calming me and at the end of the test took the time to explain what she saw and what she would like our next steps to be. We will go back for our second consultation about moving forward with IVF. In our initial consult she spent well over an hour discussing our history and really letting me know that has can only recommend treatment, but ultimately she will help however she can.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of PA?
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of PA?
She is very thorough with learning history and answering any questions. She has made clear each step of the process, we are scheduled to meet again to discuss IVF as our plan moving ahead after an HSG found I have tubal blockage. She was very emphatic during my procedure and has given me hope that she is confident she can help us achieve a successful pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of PA?
Ask questions, tell your story. She is listening and wants nothing more than to help you reach your goal of becoming a parent.
Describe the protocols Mili Thakur used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of PA and their degree of success.
Initially our protocol would include fertility drugs, timed intercourse and supplements. She first wanted to complete all blood work and check my tubes with a HSG test. After the HSG I was found to have complete right side blockage and she then sat down with us to explain that IVF is our next step if we so desire. She said we needed to speak much more in-depth and set up a second consultation to get us ready to start the process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of PA.
So far everything has been covered, a price sheet was given to us describing each service and cost. IVF without medication is close to $9200
Mili Thakur
York
The clinic [Fertility Center of PA] is small which is both a strength and a weakness. They more than happily accommodated my busy and constantly changing schedule between the Lancaster and York locations. Appointment times are periodically limited due to the size of the clinic and limited staff. However, they are up front about availability and work to find a mutually agreeable option. I found the small size to be more personal and given the closeness to home it was much easier to accommodate appointment schedules than other larger clinics at further distances.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
The clinic is small which is both a strength and a weakness. They more than happily accommodated my busy and constantly changing schedule between the Lancaster and York locations. Appointment times are periodically limited due to the size of the clinic and limited staff. However, they are up front about availability and work to find a mutually agreeable option. I found the small size to be more personal and given the closeness to home it was much easier to accommodate appointment schedules than other larger clinics at further distances.
Dr. Filer has a small local practice and care was personal. Staff was warm and welcoming and accommodating of weird schedules, knowledge of the oddity of circumstances, etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of PA. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Munch)
Michelle is very clinical and her bedside manner is not especially warm. However, she is very knowledgeable. The nursing staff overall is very warm and caring. It made a huge difference in our comfort level to feel welcome and familiar with the staff at seeing them so frequently.
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr. Filer is a little quirky but thoroughly explains the procedures both before and during the processes. He welcomes any questions and ensures patients understand the next steps and are comfortable with the information. I was very happy with him as my doctor and plan to see him again for future procedures.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Filer is very knowledgeable about the latest research and fertility issues (PCOS in my case). He is happy to discuss and patiently explain next steps specific to your situation.
Two drug cycles with metformin and progesterone to attempt to induce ovulation. Both failed. Four IUI cycles with progressively increasing doses of Gonal-F. Based on bloodwork, ovulation was successful but IUIs were not. Fourth IUI was cancelled due to hyperstimulation at a dose of 225 units of Gonal-F. However, it proved positive for IVF success. Egg retrieval produced 23 eggs, of which 18 fertilized and 11 survived to Day 5. Freeze all/frozen cycle was recommeded for my PCOS due to the hyperstimulation (which occurred again with the egg retrieval. Birth control was used for the retrieval and implantation cycles to "reboot" my hormones due to historic anovulation and amenhorrea. Implantation cycle placed two embryos of which one successfully implanted. Currently 28 weeks and all looks healthy. Progesterone and estrogen treatments were maintained through the first 10 weeks. Metformin (1500 mg) and Synthroid remain in use. We have 9 remaining embryo's frozen for use in future implantation(s) and hope to have 2-3 children.
In total our treatments cost upwards of $55,000 out of pocket. This does not include insurance discounts for in-network doctors and pharmacies. This included at least two medical cycles, four IUIs and enrollment in the Shared Risk IVF program ($22,000). The Shared Risk program allows for six implantation cycles for the prices of two and a full money-back guarantee if a live birth is not achieved. High cost medical cycles (Gonal-F, progesterone, estrogen, etc.) began with IUI #1 and dosage increased through IUI#4 and IVF retrieval.
Dr. Filer was open to discussion of our interest in implanting two embryos as within the normal range and with his knowledge of our specific circumstances. We understood the risks and the chances of multiple births.
Lancaster

All of the staff [at The Fert Ctr - York] is so friendly and greets you by name. They know your background & procedure protocol without having to constantly refer to your file and notes...[Nursing Staff] They are extremely friendly and know you by name. They are always happy and smiling...The office is extremely clean, calm, and welcoming. I have always felt comfortable at my appointments...The nurses/receptionists were very patient in sitting down with me to review all of my insurance coverages vs. out-of-pocket responsibilities. They explained everything very clearly.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
All of the staff is so friendly and greets you by name. They know your background & procedure protocol without having to constantly refer to your file and notes.
They are extremely friendly and know you by name. They are always happy and smiling. The positivity is so helpful.
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr.Filer is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. He often cites research statistics and facts. I appreciate that he tells you the truth or what would be best without sugar-coating what you may want to hear. I believe he is very personal and friendly. I trust him and feel confident that he is doing everything he can to help us achieve a successful pregnancy.
Always ask any questions on your mind. Dr.Filer always takes time answering them and doesn't make you feel rushed or as they're invalid questions.
After using clomid, Dr. Filer suggested I switch to Letrozole/Femara. My uterine lining responded better and I was producing mature follicles. We switched doses to find what worked (IUI #1-3). For IUI #4 cycle, we incorporated Gonal F injection for a Letrozole/GonalF combo-cycle. I got pregnant with 1 mature follicle. Unfortunately, it ended in a miscarriage at 7 weeks due to being Partial Molar & Triploidy. After waiting 6 months, Dr. Filer encouraged us to follow with the same protocol. This time, for IUI #5, I became pregnant with only 1 follicle. Again, it ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks and we are awaiting the testing results. Dr. Filer said we can do IUI 6 with more Gonal F.
My insurance only covers ultrasounds, bloodwork, and some other lab costs (semen analysis). The nurses/receptionists were very patient in sitting down with me to review all of my insurance coverages vs. out-of-pocket responsibilities. They explained everything very clearly.

Anovulation, Male Factor, Other
Awesome staff [Fertility Ctr of PA]. Everyone cared and new us by name and what was going on with us. They helped us anyway they could from compassion, suppprt, and even helping find ways to get support from our insurance in any way or donated medicine.... The nurses were fantastic, the blood work lady was so kind and great, the ultrasound technition was great at her job but not as warm and fuzzy as rest just more professional
Anovulation, Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
Awesome staff. Everyone cared and new us by name and what was going on with us. They helped us anyway they could from compassion, suppprt, and even helping find ways to get support from our insurance in any way or donated medicine.
Dr Filer always took time to answer my many questions with care and compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of PA.
The nurses were fantastic, the blood work lady was so kind and great, the ultrasound technition was great at her job but not as warm and fuzzy as rest just more professional, dr Filer, Dr O were amazing, and the embryologist was awesome too. The office manager was not as kind and not as friendly or easy to work with as the rest.
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr Filer took time to sit with us to explain everything with compassion and care. I felt like he truly cared about us and our desire to have a baby. He shared in the joys and supported us in the failures.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and know all your options.
I came to Dr Filer on my 6th round of clamor from my oh. He allowed us to do timed IUI that round. He determined that the clomid was not working for my lining. We moved on to a combo round and iui then moved onto injectibles with iui. He also determined my prolactin level was high and found a medicine they worked for me. We had a chemical pregnancy. During the cycles we would have good response ones, one that overstimulated with too many eggs that had to be cancelled, and some we had to cancel for lack of sufficient semen samples. After several Cycles and about a year, we decided to move into iVF. We did a shared risk plan but we were successful on the first fresh transfer.
22,000 for shared risk up to 6 fresh cycles and FETs until live birth plus medicine which was about $2500 for one cycle (all we had to do). Iui was $350 each time plus meds
Dr Filer left it up to me to transfer 1 or 2 and discusses the risks and benefits of both options.
York

I liked Dr. Ochalski, but did not prefer the times I met with Dr. Filer. I didn't think he responded well to concerns. The front desk [AT The Fertility Center of PA] was great to work with. The ultrasound tech was super sweet and felt like she was truly concerned with my success...I remember them [nurses] all being pleasant and easy to talk to. They were always willing to answer questions. They would ask about my life outside of receiving care....
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
I liked Dr. Ochalski, but did not prefer the times I met with Dr. Filer. I didn't think he responded well to concerns. The front desk was great to work with. The ultrasound tech was super sweet and felt like she was truly concerned with my success.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr. O was pleasant to work with. She was kind and compassionate. She would take time to answer questions.
I don't remember them individually, but I remember them all being pleasant and easy to talk to. They were always willing to answer questions. They would ask about my life outside of receiving care.
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr. Ochalski was willing to listen to my concerns. I was never interested in rushing into IVF despite multiple failed IUI attempts. While I left the practice to try another one, I believe she would have let me continue IUI despite her intention to move me onto IVF. She was very patient at consultations and at explaining procedures.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Don't hesitate to ask questions. I never felt like she put me off.
Describe the protocols Melanie Ochalski used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of PA and their degree of success.
1 - hadn't had a period in a few months. Started me immediately on clomid without inducing a period. I ovulated while taking it based on temperatures. She did bloodwork to verify and stopped taking clomid 2 - tried just clomid (lowest dosage). Had excessively high estrogen levels. Did an ultrasound to check for multiple follicles and discovered hugely enlarged ovary. While waiting probably missed ovulation. 3,4,5 - moved on to Femara based on clomid scare. Dosage increased in hopes of getting more than 1 mature follicle. 6,7 - Femara with IUI. Still generally only getting one follicle 8,9,10 - Femara with follistim injectibles with IUI. Would sometimes get 2 mature follicles, but no pregnancies. Some cycles I supplemented with progesterone based on lab results. I had spotting without being on supplemental progesterone, and decided to always supplement with progesterone.
Describe Melanie Ochalski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of PA.
Lancaster

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA.

2014 - 2017
The clinic [Fertility Center of PA] is clean and relaxing. They don’t have to many people coming in and out at once. Their prices are on the reasonable side. The nurses always call when they say they will with results or protocols... The nursing staff was compassionate. Answered all questions with empathy.... Dr ochalski. Spoke to me in terms I could understand. She was through with her exams and testing. She called me on non treatment cycles to check in how I was doing.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
The clinic is clean and relaxing. They don’t have to many people coming in and out at once. Their prices are on the reasonable side. The nurses always call when they say they will with results or protocols
She spoke to me in great detail and called for follow ups to see how I was feeling
The nursing staff was compassionate. Answered all questions with empathy.
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr ochalski. Spoke to me in terms I could understand. She was through with her exams and testing. She called me on non treatment cycles to check in how I was doing. When having an iui perform she would explain exactly what she was doing. When finished she gave me her best wishes on my treatment cycle. On day 21 testing she let me know I had low progesterone and started me on medication. While at the appt she would go over a treatment plan Incase the that cycle did not work.
Ask as many questions as you can think if she is very knowledgeable
I started off with a clomud cycle 50 mg for an iui. That resulted in a negative next two treatment cycles I was given 100mg of clomid. I was not producing eggs on my left ovary so those cycles were cancelled due to a possibility of a blocked right tube. Last cycle I was given injectables with iui that also resulted in a negative test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA.
Initial consult was 300$ iui 450$ sperm analysis 90$ blood work 100$ and up
York

The nurses [Fertility Center of PA] were like family always happy and friendly and made sure to get to know us personally remembering our names and not making us feel like just another person to get in and out... Strengths are there small and are able to get to know you and spend more time with you then most clinics that are larger. I really didn't encounter any weaknesses. To any new patient I would recommend making sure you always have a list of questions there's a lot that they go over always ask questions he'll be willing to answer.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
The entire office treated me like family knew my name every time I walked in the door
The nurses were like family always happy and friendly and made sure to get to know us personally remembering our names and not making us feel like just another person to get in and out
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr. Filer was always patient with us with all the questions we had. Made us feel comfortable with what we were doing and the process we were going through. Never once did I worry about our treatment as he guided us through each procedure.
Know that not every patient is the same and treatment is not instantaneous give them time to create the best treatment for you
Luckily we had insurance that partially covered our procedures. However from all of my research I did with infertility treatments their pricing was within the typical range

2014 - 2017
The hours for any ultrasound appointment [at The Fertility Center of PA-York] are very difficult to work around, especially with the work you are already missing for treatments, tests, and procedures.... The only negative I can even mention is that she is working in 2 locations and I am not always able to see her, but I do know that she is willing to adjust her schedule for you even if it affects her personal life.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
The hours for any ultrasound appointment are very difficult to work around, especially with the work you are already missing for treatments, tests, and procedures.
Dr. O has a way of making you feel like you are special, like you aren't just another patient that walked through the door. She sincerely wants success for you, and she is disappointed when things don't work out.
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr O always makes you feel comfortable. She will explain things in a manner that most anyone is able to understand, even if she has to draw a picture or discuss it with you 3 different times. She is sincere and you can tell that when you are hurting she actually cares. She is delicate and treats everyone with respect. She always is sure to discuss something with you on a personal level, outside of what you're coming in for. She is professional but also has a way of making you feel like a friend. The only negative I can even mention is that she is working in 2 locations and I am not always able to see her, but I do know that she is willing to adjust her schedule for you even if it affects her personal life.
Feel free to open up and be honest with how you are feeling.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I felt like The Fertility Center [Lancaster] understood my needs and priorities. I felt heard and supported. Even if I wouldn't have conceived right away, I would still recommend them. It's so important to feel comfortable with your provider...[Nurses were...] Friendly, punctual, and informative...Don't hesitate to get scheduled and feel free to bring up any questions or concerns...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
I got pregnant on my first cycle! I know that was fortunate. If it wasn't for the fertility center I do not think I would be pregnant. The combination of clomid and IUI worked great for me. I'm so glad I switched to them. My prior provider was still doing diagnostic tests after months of visits. I felt like the fertility center understood my needs and priorities. I felt heard and supported. Even if I wouldn't have conceived right away, I would still recommend them. It's so important to feel comfortable with your provider.
Dr. O and Michelle have been great to work with. They explain every aspect of treatment very clearly and in a caring manner. My husband was impressed that Dr. O went out of her way to introduce herself.
Friendly, punctual, and informative.
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr. O was very supportive and took time to thoroughly address my questions and concerns. She's just what we needed while dealing with the challenges of unexplained infertility.
Clomid and IUI
Costs were consistent with rates in this area.

5 IUI, IVF
I have always felt very supported by the nursing staff [at The Fertility Center of PA]. They know me by name which is comforting every time i walk in the office...I don't think there are any weaknesses. All staff members have been supportive, positive and always encouraging. Underlying faith based practice which I love. They are always on time for appointments and very open and specific about what is happening.
5 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
She was amazing. She was so mind and gentle when she told me i was having a heterotopic pregnancy. She called me at home to discuss my levels after receiving my bloodwork, and made sure to be present at my next ultrasound so she could be there with me.
I have always felt very supported by the nursing staff. They know me by name which is comforting every time i walk in the office
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
She was the most compassionate and empathetic doctor i could have asked for, especially at that time. She made me feel like she cared about me personally, not just as a patient. I was so grateful for her.
all my monitoring was covered under my insurance, IUI was about $400
Lancaster

As soon as I go in the office [The Fertility Center of PA], they all remember my name. They’re so friendly and caring....Nursing staff is always warm and friendly! Very compassionate....I love Dr. Filer! Whenever I see him, I feel like I have his complete attention. He answers all my questions, he is always caring and gentle and he has a great sense of humor. ..I wish Dr Filer or Michelle could deliver babies too!!
As soon as I go in the office, they all remember my name. They’re so friendly and caring.
Nursing staff is always warm and friendly! Very compassionate.
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
I love Dr. Filer! Whenever I see him, I feel like I have his complete attention. He answers all my questions, he is always caring and gentle and he has a great sense of humor. When I finally do get pregnant, I will be sad to leave the practice. I wish Dr Filer or Michelle could deliver babies too!!
Ask lots of questions! He’s always great about answering them.

Anovulation, Unexplained
[The Fertility Center nurses were]compassionate and caring...There were a few issues with financing...Some people that worked there gave me the impression they didn't care.
Anovulation, Unexplained
In a way, some people that worked there gave me the impression they didn't care but the doctors and one nurse were very caring.
How compassionate and caring they were
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
She's amazing! Very understanding and sympathetic towards my infertility journey. Very encouraging. Very caring!
She will help you get through this journey
York

They’re [nurses at The Fertility Center of PA - York] amazing, they remember me. I can call a bunch because I’m nervous or unsure of something and they always answer my questions and tell me that’s what they’re here for. ... Because we are still in treatment and not everything is back from our insurance I’m not positive yet but IUI they said was about $500 per cycle ... I think the clinic is great, it’s a bit of a drive for me but yet I still go there because I love it.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
I think the clinic is great, it’s a bit of a drive for me but yet I still go there because I love it. Sometimes I’m going multiple times a week and I have a 45 minute drive one way which isn’t a lot but it adds up but I wouldn’t go anywhere else. I’ve been to another doctor and was honestly not impressed even though it’s a huge clinic in the country. It was expensive and a really far drive, like two hours.
I feel that he truly cares about his patients, he doesn’t have you keep continuing treatments even if you haven’t been doing them long if they don’t seem to be working much or at all and he explains everything very well.
They’re amazing, they remember me. I can call a bunch because I’m nervous or unsure of something and they always answer my questions and tell me that’s what they’re here for.
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
I would definitely recommend him as a doctor, he answers every question and doesn’t make you feel stupid for asking even if it is a dumb question. He’s very upfront and doesn’t sugar coat things which is great in this journey. I truly believe he will do everything he can to help me get pregnant.
Be open minded, I went into these appts at first thinking it was going to be so simple and it’s not but he makes it so easy there which is great
First round we did 5 mg of letrozole and I had no follicles that were large enough. Second cycle we did 7.5 mg of letrozole and I had one follicle that was good and we did an IUI everything went well but we did not get pregnant. Third cycle we did 7.5 mg of letrozole again and I had no follicles that were large enough. Fourth cycle we are in now and am doing 7.5 mg of letrozole and adding in gonal-f injectables.