The Fertility Center of PA

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
2108 Harrisburg Pike
Lancaster, PA 17604
717-544-3553
130 Leader Heights Road
York, PA 17403
717-747-3214
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Fertility Center of PA to a friend?
2 doctors
All of the staff [at The Fert Ctr - York] is so friendly and greets you by name. They know your background & procedure protocol without having to constantly refer to your file and notes...[Nursing Staff] They are extremely friendly and know you by name. They are always happy and smiling...The office is extremely clean, calm, and welcoming. I have always felt comfortable at my appointments...The nurses/receptionists were very patient in sitting down with me to review all of my insurance coverages vs. out-of-pocket responsibilities. They explained everything very clearly.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
All of the staff is so friendly and greets you by name. They know your background & procedure protocol without having to constantly refer to your file and notes.
They are extremely friendly and know you by name. They are always happy and smiling. The positivity is so helpful.
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr.Filer is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. He often cites research statistics and facts. I appreciate that he tells you the truth or what would be best without sugar-coating what you may want to hear. I believe he is very personal and friendly. I trust him and feel confident that he is doing everything he can to help us achieve a successful pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Always ask any questions on your mind. Dr.Filer always takes time answering them and doesn't make you feel rushed or as they're invalid questions.
Describe the protocols Robert Filer used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of PA and their degree of success.
After using clomid, Dr. Filer suggested I switch to Letrozole/Femara. My uterine lining responded better and I was producing mature follicles. We switched doses to find what worked (IUI #1-3). For IUI #4 cycle, we incorporated Gonal F injection for a Letrozole/GonalF combo-cycle. I got pregnant with 1 mature follicle. Unfortunately, it ended in a miscarriage at 7 weeks due to being Partial Molar & Triploidy. After waiting 6 months, Dr. Filer encouraged us to follow with the same protocol. This time, for IUI #5, I became pregnant with only 1 follicle. Again, it ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks and we are awaiting the testing results. Dr. Filer said we can do IUI 6 with more Gonal F.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA.
My insurance only covers ultrasounds, bloodwork, and some other lab costs (semen analysis). The nurses/receptionists were very patient in sitting down with me to review all of my insurance coverages vs. out-of-pocket responsibilities. They explained everything very clearly.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Other
Awesome staff [Fertility Ctr of PA]. Everyone cared and new us by name and what was going on with us. They helped us anyway they could from compassion, suppprt, and even helping find ways to get support from our insurance in any way or donated medicine.... The nurses were fantastic, the blood work lady was so kind and great, the ultrasound technition was great at her job but not as warm and fuzzy as rest just more professional
Anovulation, Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
Awesome staff. Everyone cared and new us by name and what was going on with us. They helped us anyway they could from compassion, suppprt, and even helping find ways to get support from our insurance in any way or donated medicine.
Dr Filer always took time to answer my many questions with care and compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of PA.
The nurses were fantastic, the blood work lady was so kind and great, the ultrasound technition was great at her job but not as warm and fuzzy as rest just more professional, dr Filer, Dr O were amazing, and the embryologist was awesome too. The office manager was not as kind and not as friendly or easy to work with as the rest.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of PA?
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr Filer took time to sit with us to explain everything with compassion and care. I felt like he truly cared about us and our desire to have a baby. He shared in the joys and supported us in the failures.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and know all your options.
I came to Dr Filer on my 6th round of clamor from my oh. He allowed us to do timed IUI that round. He determined that the clomid was not working for my lining. We moved on to a combo round and iui then moved onto injectibles with iui. He also determined my prolactin level was high and found a medicine they worked for me. We had a chemical pregnancy. During the cycles we would have good response ones, one that overstimulated with too many eggs that had to be cancelled, and some we had to cancel for lack of sufficient semen samples. After several Cycles and about a year, we decided to move into iVF. We did a shared risk plan but we were successful on the first fresh transfer.
22,000 for shared risk up to 6 fresh cycles and FETs until live birth plus medicine which was about $2500 for one cycle (all we had to do). Iui was $350 each time plus meds
Describe Robert Filer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of PA.
Dr Filer left it up to me to transfer 1 or 2 and discusses the risks and benefits of both options.
York
I liked Dr. Ochalski, but did not prefer the times I met with Dr. Filer. I didn't think he responded well to concerns. The front desk [AT The Fertility Center of PA] was great to work with. The ultrasound tech was super sweet and felt like she was truly concerned with my success...I remember them [nurses] all being pleasant and easy to talk to. They were always willing to answer questions. They would ask about my life outside of receiving care....
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
I liked Dr. Ochalski, but did not prefer the times I met with Dr. Filer. I didn't think he responded well to concerns. The front desk was great to work with. The ultrasound tech was super sweet and felt like she was truly concerned with my success.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr. O was pleasant to work with. She was kind and compassionate. She would take time to answer questions.
I don't remember them individually, but I remember them all being pleasant and easy to talk to. They were always willing to answer questions. They would ask about my life outside of receiving care.
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr. Ochalski was willing to listen to my concerns. I was never interested in rushing into IVF despite multiple failed IUI attempts. While I left the practice to try another one, I believe she would have let me continue IUI despite her intention to move me onto IVF. She was very patient at consultations and at explaining procedures.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Don't hesitate to ask questions. I never felt like she put me off.
Describe the protocols Melanie Ochalski used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of PA and their degree of success.
1 - hadn't had a period in a few months. Started me immediately on clomid without inducing a period. I ovulated while taking it based on temperatures. She did bloodwork to verify and stopped taking clomid 2 - tried just clomid (lowest dosage). Had excessively high estrogen levels. Did an ultrasound to check for multiple follicles and discovered hugely enlarged ovary. While waiting probably missed ovulation. 3,4,5 - moved on to Femara based on clomid scare. Dosage increased in hopes of getting more than 1 mature follicle. 6,7 - Femara with IUI. Still generally only getting one follicle 8,9,10 - Femara with follistim injectibles with IUI. Would sometimes get 2 mature follicles, but no pregnancies. Some cycles I supplemented with progesterone based on lab results. I had spotting without being on supplemental progesterone, and decided to always supplement with progesterone.
Describe Melanie Ochalski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of PA.
2014 - 2017
The clinic [Fertility Center of PA] is clean and relaxing. They don’t have to many people coming in and out at once. Their prices are on the reasonable side. The nurses always call when they say they will with results or protocols... The nursing staff was compassionate. Answered all questions with empathy.... Dr ochalski. Spoke to me in terms I could understand. She was through with her exams and testing. She called me on non treatment cycles to check in how I was doing.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
The clinic is clean and relaxing. They don’t have to many people coming in and out at once. Their prices are on the reasonable side. The nurses always call when they say they will with results or protocols
She spoke to me in great detail and called for follow ups to see how I was feeling
The nursing staff was compassionate. Answered all questions with empathy.
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr ochalski. Spoke to me in terms I could understand. She was through with her exams and testing. She called me on non treatment cycles to check in how I was doing. When having an iui perform she would explain exactly what she was doing. When finished she gave me her best wishes on my treatment cycle. On day 21 testing she let me know I had low progesterone and started me on medication. While at the appt she would go over a treatment plan Incase the that cycle did not work.
Ask as many questions as you can think if she is very knowledgeable
I started off with a clomud cycle 50 mg for an iui. That resulted in a negative next two treatment cycles I was given 100mg of clomid. I was not producing eggs on my left ovary so those cycles were cancelled due to a possibility of a blocked right tube. Last cycle I was given injectables with iui that also resulted in a negative test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA.
Initial consult was 300$ iui 450$ sperm analysis 90$ blood work 100$ and up
2014 - 2017
The hours for any ultrasound appointment [at The Fertility Center of PA-York] are very difficult to work around, especially with the work you are already missing for treatments, tests, and procedures.... The only negative I can even mention is that she is working in 2 locations and I am not always able to see her, but I do know that she is willing to adjust her schedule for you even if it affects her personal life.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
The hours for any ultrasound appointment are very difficult to work around, especially with the work you are already missing for treatments, tests, and procedures.
Dr. O has a way of making you feel like you are special, like you aren't just another patient that walked through the door. She sincerely wants success for you, and she is disappointed when things don't work out.
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr O always makes you feel comfortable. She will explain things in a manner that most anyone is able to understand, even if she has to draw a picture or discuss it with you 3 different times. She is sincere and you can tell that when you are hurting she actually cares. She is delicate and treats everyone with respect. She always is sure to discuss something with you on a personal level, outside of what you're coming in for. She is professional but also has a way of making you feel like a friend. The only negative I can even mention is that she is working in 2 locations and I am not always able to see her, but I do know that she is willing to adjust her schedule for you even if it affects her personal life.
Feel free to open up and be honest with how you are feeling.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I felt like The Fertility Center [Lancaster] understood my needs and priorities. I felt heard and supported. Even if I wouldn't have conceived right away, I would still recommend them. It's so important to feel comfortable with your provider...[Nurses were...] Friendly, punctual, and informative...Don't hesitate to get scheduled and feel free to bring up any questions or concerns...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
I got pregnant on my first cycle! I know that was fortunate. If it wasn't for the fertility center I do not think I would be pregnant. The combination of clomid and IUI worked great for me. I'm so glad I switched to them. My prior provider was still doing diagnostic tests after months of visits. I felt like the fertility center understood my needs and priorities. I felt heard and supported. Even if I wouldn't have conceived right away, I would still recommend them. It's so important to feel comfortable with your provider.
Dr. O and Michelle have been great to work with. They explain every aspect of treatment very clearly and in a caring manner. My husband was impressed that Dr. O went out of her way to introduce herself.
Friendly, punctual, and informative.
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr. O was very supportive and took time to thoroughly address my questions and concerns. She's just what we needed while dealing with the challenges of unexplained infertility.
Clomid and IUI
Costs were consistent with rates in this area.
5 IUI, IVF
I have always felt very supported by the nursing staff [at The Fertility Center of PA]. They know me by name which is comforting every time i walk in the office...I don't think there are any weaknesses. All staff members have been supportive, positive and always encouraging. Underlying faith based practice which I love. They are always on time for appointments and very open and specific about what is happening.
5 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
She was amazing. She was so mind and gentle when she told me i was having a heterotopic pregnancy. She called me at home to discuss my levels after receiving my bloodwork, and made sure to be present at my next ultrasound so she could be there with me.
I have always felt very supported by the nursing staff. They know me by name which is comforting every time i walk in the office
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
She was the most compassionate and empathetic doctor i could have asked for, especially at that time. She made me feel like she cared about me personally, not just as a patient. I was so grateful for her.
all my monitoring was covered under my insurance, IUI was about $400
Lancaster
As soon as I go in the office [The Fertility Center of PA], they all remember my name. They’re so friendly and caring....Nursing staff is always warm and friendly! Very compassionate....I love Dr. Filer! Whenever I see him, I feel like I have his complete attention. He answers all my questions, he is always caring and gentle and he has a great sense of humor. ..I wish Dr Filer or Michelle could deliver babies too!!
As soon as I go in the office, they all remember my name. They’re so friendly and caring.
Nursing staff is always warm and friendly! Very compassionate.
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
I love Dr. Filer! Whenever I see him, I feel like I have his complete attention. He answers all my questions, he is always caring and gentle and he has a great sense of humor. When I finally do get pregnant, I will be sad to leave the practice. I wish Dr Filer or Michelle could deliver babies too!!
Ask lots of questions! He’s always great about answering them.
Anovulation, Unexplained
[The Fertility Center nurses were]compassionate and caring...There were a few issues with financing...Some people that worked there gave me the impression they didn't care.
Anovulation, Unexplained
In a way, some people that worked there gave me the impression they didn't care but the doctors and one nurse were very caring.
How compassionate and caring they were
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of PA?
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
She's amazing! Very understanding and sympathetic towards my infertility journey. Very encouraging. Very caring!
She will help you get through this journey