7.1

South Tampa
2919 Swann Ave
Tampa, FL 33609
813-870-3553

I have undergone 3 frozen embryo transfers [with Dr. Timothy Yeko] with day five embryos. I have done estridol and progesterone injections with each one. The second transfer we added baby aspirin and the third we added medrol. The third worked but ended up in miscarriage. For the transfers I took a Valium and did not have bedrest after...During consultations he takes his time to explain everything to you. He also listens to your suggestions...I have never once felt like a number to him and he is empathetic. I like how he tells it like it is and pulls no punches. I have been very happy and confident in his care even though I have not had success. He has definitely put me at ease and gives me hope.
Staff [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] is very attentive and knowledgeable. The secretaries are great and I can always get someone on the phone. I love the patient portal app my messages are always returned. The only weakness has been billing. Bills come in the mail then change price when I check out at the office. It’s been very confusing. Sometimes I owe and other times I have a credit...Staff has been nothing but wonderful. Amy [nurse] really talked me through my miscarriage and craziness. She has been a huge support and shoulder during this cray process...My only issue was with billing which was very confusing. Sometimes I would owe money and other times I would have a credit. I never knew what I was going to have to pay at appointments.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr Yeko makes me feel extremely comfortable as his patient. He takes his time with you and goes over every aspect of the IVF process. He is very personable and jokes to put you at easy during a very scary time. He is extremely knowledgeable about current research and has a very high success rate. Even his own nurse used him as her doctor. I have never once felt like a number to him and he is empathetic. I like how he tells it like it is and pulls no punches. I have been very happy and confident in his care even though I have not had success. He has definitely put me at ease and gives me hope.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
He knows what he is talking about as he has many years of experience. Listen to him and submit to the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Describe the protocols Timothy Yeko used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
I have undergone 3 frozen embryo transfers with day five embryos. I have done estridol and progesterone injections with each one. The second transfer we added baby aspirin and the third we added medrol. The third worked but ended up in miscarriage. For the transfers I took a Valium and did not have bedrest after.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
Staff has been nothing but wonderful. Amy really talked me through my miscarriage and craziness. She has been a huge support and shoulder during this cray process.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Staff is very attentive and knowledgeable. The secretaries are great and I can always get someone on the phone. I love the patient portal app my messages are always returned. The only weakness has been billing. Bills come in the mail then change price when I check out at the office. It’s been very confusing. Sometimes I owe and other times I have a credit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
My Insurance covered treatments but not medications. Frozen embryo transfers were about $3K and meds $200. IVF $9K though I had hit my out of pocket max and only paid $1200 for freezing (not covered) and medications were $3500.
Describe Timothy Yeko's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
He recommends eSET which I agreed with. During my second and third transfers he did offer to do multiple but I declined.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
When he [Dr. Yeko] spoke with us, he was always willing to answer any question and did very good job explaining things in layman’s terms. He also provided a “why” if there was a process that he would not recommend (like ERA) and backed his decisions with logic and strong data. ... It was suggested that we get our embryos PGS tested. (Egg from donor, sperm from husband)
My only criticism would be at times it was hard to reach someone [Reproductive Med Grp] live, and when waiting for beta results, 2 out of the three times they did not call until after the promised time. ... Because they break up different parts of the treatment to different people, sometimes the handoff appeared to be a bit disjointed. However the staff was friendly, caring and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
He is knowledgeable and I feel confident in his abilities. There were a few times where an appointment was rushed, but in follow up visits I was able to reconcile any missing information. He maintained a positive attitude and when the miscarriage happened, he quickly scheduled a follow up debriefing appointment to help us know next steps.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Sometimes he may assume you know, so if you don’t, speak up.
When he spoke with us, he was always willing to answer any question and did very good job explaining things in layman’s terms. He also provided a “why” if there was a process that he would not recommend (like ERA) and backed his decisions with logic and strong data.
My first transfer was pretty typical. It was suggested that we get our embryos PGS tested. (Egg from donor, sperm from husband) We did a split donation and ended up with 8 mature eggs and 100% fertilization. 6 made it to say 5 blast and all 6 came back PGS normal. I was on birth control for 5 weeks while waiting for PGS results. Once I stopped, I started bi-weekly shots of delestrogen. 5 days prior to transfer I started daily PIO injections. Transfer went well, did first beta on day 8, second day 11 and 3rd day 13. Numbers were great. I started spotting in week 6, they brought me in for an additional beta for peace of mind and numbers were great! But a day later I was gushing blood and cramping. I went in for a sono and they clearly saw the gestational sac and it looked great. However a half hour after leaving the office, I passed a large pink/grey matter. A follow up sonogram revealed I lost the baby. There were no apparent reasons as to why.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Very compassionate and knowledgeable. My only criticism would be at times it was hard to reach someone live, and when waiting for beta results, 2 out of the three times they did not call until after the promised time.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Overall it is a great clinic. Because they break up different parts of the treatment to different people, sometimes the handoff appeared to be a bit disjointed. However the staff was friendly, caring and knowledgeable.
$16,000 for split donor cycle. $4,500 for FET.
I think his recommendation for single vs double made tons of sense!
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
For this current cycle, I just had a hysteroscopy with D&C to remove polyps left over from the miscarriage this summer. I was already on birth control. I was running out, so I called for a refill. The nurse checked with Doctor Yeko and found out I was supposed to cease birth control and start estrace. Had I not called I’m not sure when I would have been informed.
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Goodman is very straight to the point and does not beat around the bush. On my first visit she told me I needed to lose a specific amount of weight for treatment to have a better chance of success. She said this without judgment or meanness, but rather as a fact of treatment. I completely agreed with her assessment and felt she was willing to have a potentially difficult conversation with me because it was in the best interest of my treatment.
This clinic [Reproductive Med Group] is all strength. They work with you on appointment times, will call multiple places to get you the best price on prescriptions, will answer all your questions and generally be on your side every step of the way. The only weakness is that certain treatments can only be done at the Fletcher location, which can be far for certain patients.... The nurses were so gentle with my fragile emotions and so helpful with all my many questions. I know I can all at anytime and get a quick, professional response from a knowledgeable source.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Be prepared to hear the good, bad and ugly because Dr. Goodman is willing to do whatever it takes to get the result you want.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. Goodman recognized me as an individual at every step of the way. She came into the first consultation with complete knowledge of my medical history and issues. She was warm, friendly, and confident in her assessment of my case. I feel confident in her knowledge and secure in her treatment.
Describe the protocols Sandy Goodman used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
We had surgery to remove cysts, then fertility treatment with IUI. The rationale is that the cysts were pressing on my Fallopian tubes and removal plus fertility treatments would help. As of right now they have not been successful but I have high hopes that our next cycle would be a winner!
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
This clinic is all strength. They work with you on appointment times, will call multiple places to get you the best price on prescriptions, will answer all your questions and generally be on your side every step of the way. The only weakness is that certain treatments can only be done at the Fletcher location, which can be far for certain patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I found costs to be much more reasonable than I expected. I do have insurance to help me, but my out-of-pocket costs were much less than the national average.
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
[Dr. Yeko] did diagnostics treatment to see how many egg follicles I had, if there were any blocks in my Fallopian tubes. He knows my age is mid 40’s but initially recommended using my own eggs because I had the potential for 18 egg retrieval... almost double what normal 45 year olds would have. He went through stats and felt we had a potential of one normal PGS embryo if he was able to retrieve a full 18 eggs. But he was very realistic with us that It was a long shot and was up front on the cost. He also shared the very increased pojected success rate if we used donor eggs. In the end, we opted for donor eggs. It took a year to get matched
The biggest weakness [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] was The donor egg process. Trying to get call backs during the donor matching process is my only frustration. They never picked up the phone when I called and sometimes would be 2 -3 days before they returned a call. It toon over a year to get matched with a donor. I wished they were affiliated with egg banks to increase options for patients unable to use their own eggs. They also were the most disorganized part of the process... not knowing what I had or had not completed. (High risk obgyn appointment, counseling, etc.)
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr Yeko is a proven leader in the industry and it shows. He makes sure you have total understanding before ending an appointment. I never leave his office with any lingering questions. I can also say when I did have a miscarriage he was so wonderful and offered me tools/support I needed during this difficult time.
Ask questions. If you do not understand something, let him know. Let him know your ideal outcome, but also let him know what other options you would consider. Let him know your budget up front.
Dr Yeko was up front, listened to our ideal wishes and did a great job of being realistic, using data to support all options available to us with projected success rates and risk of costs. He did not push us one way or the other. He has the right balance of being positive while still keeping our emotions in check and letting us know of all possible outcomes. I like that he respects us enough to be honest. I feel he truly cares about our journey and success in this process.
Hey did diagnostics treatment to see how many egg follicles I had, if there were any blocks in my Fallopian tubes. He knows my age is mid 40’s but initially recommended using my own eggs because I had the potential for 18 egg retrieval... almost double what normal 45 year olds would have. He went through stats and felt we had a potential of one normal PGS embryo if he was able to retrieve a full 18 eggs. But he was very realistic with us that It was a long shot and was up front on the cost. He also shared the very increased pojected success rate if we used donor eggs. In the end, we opted for donor eggs. It took a year to get matched, and my donor just started her birth control pills last week and I should be transferring mid may. (Fingers crossed)
Very friendly, professional and showed they cared. From a simple blood draw to when I miscarried, they showed compassion in everything they did.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The biggest weakness was The donor egg process. Trying to get call backs during the donor matching process is my only frustration. They never picked up the phone when I called and sometimes would be 2 -3 days before they returned a call. It toon over a year to get matched with a donor. I wished they were affiliated with egg banks to increase options for patients unable to use their own eggs. They also were the most disorganized part of the process... not knowing what I had or had not completed. (High risk obgyn appointment, counseling, etc.)
Still in process, but spent $14500 for donor process (just started) and this will be a shared donor. If I got all eggs would have been $8k more. PGS is expected to run $3k, transfer $4k and meds of $600 - $800.
He is very transparent and vocal about single embryo transfer. He showed how transfering 2 or more only increases success of pregnancy minimally while increasing chances of complications if multiples substantially. He also said with my advanced age he would not feel comfortable recommending transferring anything but one. He presented this with a lot of facts and statistics to back up his concerns and truly seems to have my best interest at heart. He is more concerned with my safety than the success rate of his facility. I love that.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Just during the donor matching process they did not know results from high risk obgyn appointment. I had to follow up a few times before they were able to confirm information had been received.
Brandon

Dr. Goodman has a heart of gold. She always talked to me like a friend. She always was aware of my facial expressions and could tell if I was not understanding something she was saying. Dr. Goodman always spoke in a soft gentle tone and would go over everything from the beginning each visit and ask if anything changed from visit to visit.... We used clomid early on, and after we got a positive pregnancy test we tracked my progesterone levels, to ensure they are where they should be.
The clinic [Reproductive Medicine Group] is very welcoming. From the time you walk in to the moment you leave you will always feel like your home. There are many items to read and if you want a distraction there's always something playing softly on the tv to keep your mind at ease.... The nursing staff was amazing. Everyone showed compassion and concern for each patient. They all had a great connection and remembered everything about me and my treatment.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Go in with an open mind and all you knowledge of your past history, both for yourself, your spouse and both family sides. Dont be afraid to ask questions or to have questions written down for your first appointment.
Dr. Goodman sat and talked with me like a friend. She was very compassionate and considerate of my feeling and emotions. She always took time with me during my appointments and I never felt like she was rushing me.
We used clomid early on, and after we got a positive pregnancy test we tracked my progesterone levels, to ensure they are where they should be. When we were noticing the levels not being there she prescribed me progesterone vaginal injections for a daily basis and then she would continue to check my levels and monitoring of our little baby.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is very welcoming. From the time you walk in to the moment you leave you will always feel like your home. There are many items to read and if you want a distraction there's always something playing softly on the tv to keep your mind at ease.

2014 - 2016, Successful
During our consultation, he [Dr Timothy Yeko] provided statistics and probabilities for success for our given IF situation. I appreciate this approach, as I like data. But he was compassionate as well. I didn't feel like a number. He was dead on for my prescribed treatment, because not once did the nurses have to adjust my protocol.
The staff at the Brandon office [of The Reproductive Medicine Group] was amazing. Amy was the best. She was the US technician and the main person I communicated with for all of my checks. She remembered us when we came back for FET consultation. She's patient and thorough, and can answer questions as good, if not better than the doctors!...For Fresh IVF cycle with ICSI it cost about $11,000. Meds were approx $2400. For Frozen transfer, cost is about $4000, meds were appox $400
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. Yeko is clearly very knowledgeable in the area of RE and infertility. He was kind to my husband and to me, and never seemed to rush us through our consultation appointments. During our consultation, he provided statistics and probabilities for success for our given IF situation. I appreciate this approach, as I like data. But he was compassionate as well. I didn't feel like a number. He was dead on for my prescribed treatment, because not once did the nurses have to adjust my protocol. Everything went exactly as planned, to the date. He was not the doctor who actually performed the retrieval or transfer though. The transfer did result in a pregnancy and live birth and I received a kind note from Dr. Yeko congratulating us. I recently saw him again to prepare for FET. I did take him a minute to remember us, but once he reviewed my file, he seemed to remember.
He is not there to make the decision for you. He will present you your options, he will give you the data you need to make the decision on your best course of actions. But ultimately the decision is yours to make.
I felt as though Dr. Yeko was very thorough in his initial meeting with my husband and me. He walked us through all of the possibilities, our different options, numbers and percentages. I am very numbers and statistics driven, so I appreciated this approach. He did not force us into one decision over another (IUI vs IVF) but instead talked through the pros and cons of each, and the probability of success for us, given our situation. He spent as much time as we needed, and answered all of our questions and concerns relating to IVF. He did refer us to his staff when we had specific questions relating to my protocol (once it was assigned). We recently met with him again to talk about frozen transfer for baby 2, and he was again, very thorough. He anticipated questions I would have, before I even had a chance to ask them.
I stimmed with ganirelix and follistem, and triggered with lupron. They retrieved 19 eggs, 18 fertilized via ICSI, and 10 made it to day 5. I transferred 1 and frozen the remaining 9.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
The staff at the Brandon office was amazing. Amy was the best. She was the US technician and the main person I communicated with for all of my checks. She remembered us when we came back for FET consultation. She's patient and thorough, and can answer questions as good, if not better than the doctors!
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable in the Brandon office. They become like family, as you see them so often! They truly seem invested in a positive outcome and cheer you along the way.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
monitoring appts were first thing in the morning (7:15am). You were seen in the order you showed up, so I learned to get there a little before then. I never waited more than 20 mins.
2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Yeko explained my condition, my odds of getting pregnant, and all of my options in a very clear manner. I was very educated and informed about fertility treatments beforehand, so I didn't want anyone to sugarcoat things for me. I needed him to give it to me straight and he did that. But he was also VERY optimistic and gave me even more hope than what I had...I felt I could trust him because he was not pushing me to do the most expensive thing...
I honestly can't think of any weaknesses [at Repro Med Grp - Brandon]. They were all kind and compassionate and knowledgeable. I never had problems with billing and never had to wait very long at my appointment...They were all so kind and knowledgeable. For the actual inseminations, I typically requested that Kristin be my nurse. She was very experienced and SO SO positive. She actually made the experience pleasant. All staff were excellent when I called with questions and all were willing to work with me on anything I asked for...
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
While I ended up getting pregnant on a natural cycle while taking a break from IUI, I was SO GRATEFUL to Dr. Yeko. After 5 failed IUIs and one IUI that resulted in a chemical pregnancy, he was diligent in determining why I only had one success and had a plan moving forward that did NOT require IVF though he answered all of my IVF questions as I was the one getting impatient. I felt I could trust him because he was not pushing me to do the most expensive thing. He remained very realistic and optimistic which was what I needed. It is worth mentioning that I have a friend who saw Dr. Yeko and she had really bad egg quality with the only solution being egg donation (she also got 2nd and 3rd donations) and she was very disappointed with Dr. Yeko's bedside manner in delivering this news to her. For my 2 years of secondary unexplained infertility, I felt Dr. Yeko was PERFECT, but based on her experience, he may not be great for those in more dire infertility situations.
Dr. Yeko will give you straight answers. If your situation is optimistic, he will be even more optimistic than you are! If your situation is not good, he is realistic and straight-forward.
for IUI I believe I went in on CD3 for a sonogram and to get my Femara Rx. On CD11, i went in for another sonogram to make sure I had at least one good follicle for release and they would tell me when I could take my HCG shot (at home) and schedule the IUI. The BEST part was that my husband could provide his sample at home and I could bring it to the lab a few hours before the IUI. This convenience was great for us. Of the 6 IUIs that I had, only two took place when I had follicles on my right side and one of those IUIs resulted in a chemical pregnancy. I was ready to move on to IVF (impatient), but Dr. Yeko pointed out that I may have a slight tube blockage on the left side (my dye test showed that my left side took much longer to clear the dye), so moving forward, he would treat me as if I had a blocked tube so we would only inseminate during cycles where I had follicles on the right side. My husband and I were very pleased with this course of action as something to try before moving forward with much more complicated and expensive treatments.
I was in love with them! They were all so kind and knowledgeable. For the actual inseminations, I typically requested that Kristin be my nurse. She was very experienced and SO SO positive. She actually made the experience pleasant. All staff were excellent when I called with questions and all were willing to work with me on anything I asked for. They were wonderful at every step of the way.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I honestly can't think of any weaknesses. They were all kind and compassionate and knowledgeable. I never had problems with billing and never had to wait very long at my appointment.
Luckily, my insurance covered unlimited IUIs. With insurance, I believe I paid about $200 for each IUI.

2015, Unsuccessful
Horrible compared to the clinic I came from. No appointments were ever on time. No explaining was done - just verbal directions I had to record myself or try to remember. He [Dr Yeko] wrote out the options with the percentages and just left the decision up to us. I feel like as the doctor he should be telling us what his recommendations are (IUI vs IVF) not just saying here are the stats you can decide.
I waited 2.5 hours for the first visit [at Reproductive Medicine Group] without any sort of apology. I was brought in and the first question was - why are you here? No one had bothered to read my medical records I had sent over from another state (and Doctor). We were rushed through and there was no acknowledgement of the failed IVF at a previous clinic. He didn't seem to care about anything.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Horrible compared to the clinic I came from. No appointments were ever on time. No explaining was done - just verbal directions I had to record myself or try to remember. He wrote out the options with the percentages and just left the decision up to us. I feel like as the doctor he should be telling us what his recommendations are (IUI vs IVF) not just saying here are the stats you can decide.
Be prepared to wait, ask many questions, record everything yourself, and challenge the relaxed attitude if you want results
I waited 2.5 hours for the first visit without any sort of apology. I was brought in and the first question was - why are you here? No one had bothered to read my medical records I had sent over from another state (and Doctor). We were rushed through and there was no acknowledgement of the failed IVF at a previous clinic. He didn't seem to care about anything.
We tried IUI with Clomid. It failed.
Some were rude, always running behind and seemed frazzled - even when I was the first patient of the day (still 15 min late). Very few instructions. Compared to my previous clinic it was horrible.
Dirty, old, cramped
IUI was $850 including drugs. The typical office visit was around $150 and the initial visit was $350
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
No instructions on drugs (refrigeration). Always had to wait (avg wait 45 min)

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Yeko is amazing he gives me hope that one day I will become pregnant. Even though I have done many many cycles with him and no luck he still gives me hope.... Every 3 months I have to see Dr. Yeko and he is always so nice and knows what to do next.... I have been taking letrazal many time along with an HCG injection several times. Not every cycle was a positive ovulation. I did 1 IUI with him and was negative. I just did a cycle of clomid and had blood work
Never had a problem with this office location [The Reproductive Medicine Group]. The staff is very friendly and always so helpful. Every time I call they call me back in a timely manner. When I go and check out if the charge isn't correct they always fix it.... Every visit for a sono of my ovaries is $50, cost for medication $20-$50, HCG injections $99, IUI $1,500.... Dr. Yeko and his staff are all very friendly. If I call in or have any questions they always call me back when in a timely manner. Every 3 months I have to see Dr. Yeko and he is always so nice and knows what to do next.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Don't give up if it doesn't happen the first time keep going on faith that it will happen. I have done about 18 cycles with Dr. Yeko and I still keep hope alive.
I have been taking letrazal many time along with an HCG injection several times. Not every cycle was a positive ovulation. I did 1 IUI with him and was negative. I just did a cycle of clomid and had blood work and it was negative.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Never had a problem with this office location. The staff is very friendly and always so helpful. Every time I call they call me back in a timely manner. When I go and check out if the charge isn't correct they always fix it.
Brandon

She [Dr. Sandy Goodman] explains things well and very compassionate. My only negative aspect is that through months of treatment I only seen her once. I did 2 failed Iui cycles and she communicated with the nurses to tell me what to do but I only actually saw her at my initial consultation.... Started with iui because I previously already did 3 months of clomid that were unsuccessful. Both iui failed while taking 5mg femera. Only produced one egg. 3rd month i developed a cyst and now I'm doing a laparoscopy for endometriosis
Always had to be squeezed into an apt spot [at Reproductive Medicine Group- Brandon] l. Or had to travel to another clinic for an apt. But overall they were very kind and understanding. And always willing to answer any questions. Positive moods... It was around $800 for 1 iui cycle with 1 ultrasound coating $150 for follicle check. $250 for initial consultation.... But as the months went, after 2 failed iui I never seen or heard from her. It was like my doctor was a ultrasound technician
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
She explains things well and very compassionate. My only negative aspect is that through months of treatment I only seen her once. I did 2 failed Iui cycles and she communicated with the nurses to tell me what to do but I only actually saw her at my initial consultation
Ask all of the questions you want. Make sure you fully understand because if you don't ask they will defy not tell you
At our consultation she was genuinely very nice and caring. But as the months went, after 2 failed iui I never seen or heard from her. It was like my doctor was a ultrasound technician
Work well together and very nice. Call you back quickly. And always In a positive mood
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Always had to be squeezed into an apt spot l. Or had to travel to another clinic for an apt. But overall they were very kind and understanding. And always willing to answer any questions. Positive moods
Brandon

She [Dr. Goodman] always takes her time to listen to me and never rushes me. She's very compassionate and very understanding. She also takes her time to explain in great details about my condition. And helps me meet my goals.... She is always so nice to me whenever I go see her, She explain things in great details and makes me very comfortable she takes her time time to listen to me and gives me great advice
The staff [Reproductive Med Group] is very quick to answer your questions. But sometimes they are very busy. Both the Tampa and Brandon offices are very clean. the office is doesn't really feel like a doctor's office it feels more like a home setting.... She is always so nice to me whenever I go see her, She explain things in great details and makes me very comfortable she takes her time time to listen to me and gives me great advice
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
She always takes her time to listen to me and never rushes me. She's very compassionate and very understanding. She also takes her time to explain in great details about my condition. And helps me meet my goals.
Just breathe and and ask for clarification if you're new to this
We started/currently on metformin and progestrogen. We did an IUI one time and are considering doing it again
Absolutely wonderful and very kind and patient
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The staff is very quick to answer your questions. But sometimes they are very busy. Both the Tampa and Brandon offices are very clean. the office is doesn't really feel like a doctor's office it feels more like a home setting.
Very affordable with insurance
Brandon

I felt very comfortable, she [Sandy Goodman] seemed both thorough and competent the whole way. I felt like we could truly trust her to steer us in the right direction. I really appreciated her warmth, and how open she was to talking through our questions and concerns.... She was very kind and seemed to truly have spent time reviewing our case from day one. It felt like she truly listened to be able to best work with us.... Switched doctors once as the first one wasn't a good match for us personally,
Very accessible and quick to respond. Switched doctors [Dr. Goodman] once as the first one wasn't a good match for us personally, but we liked the clinic and their success rates. They made that process easy and not awkward which was great.... Kind and helpful. The sonogram tech is awesome and will take time to answer questions. Definitely always checked in to make sure I was comfortable with the next treatment meds/steps. Felt lucky to have her as part of my care team.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I felt very comfortable, she seemed both thorough and competent the whole way. I felt like we could truly trust her to steer us in the right direction. I really appreciated her warmth, and how open she was to talking through our questions and concerns.
Schedule in advance when possible.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Very accessible and quick to respond. Switched doctors once as the first one wasn't a good match for us personally, but we liked the clinic and their success rates. They made that process easy and not awkward which was great.
20k+
Describe Sandy Goodman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Definitely encouraged PGS testing and SET.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Yeko] was straightforward and honest. He doesn't beat around the bush....He seems extremely busy, but in the time he spent with us he was very straightforward. He flat out said he didn't want us wasting our money on my own eggs. I appreciated that. He is very informative. He explained the procedure from start to finish. The morning of transfer he came to me beforehand and told me I couldn't ask for better results with my embryos and was very encouraging.
They [nurses] were informative, but sometimes hard to contact.... The billing part of this clinic [The Reproductive Medicine Group] does not seem to care about each individual circumstance. They did not want to listen to my situation and tried to tell me that my husband's specimen cryo had nothing to do with me.... He [Dr. Yeko] seems extremely busy, but in the time he spent with us he was very straightforward.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
He is very straightforward. If you need someone that is going to give. It to you how it is, then he's your guy.
He was straightforward and honest. He doesn't beat around the bush.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Cindy Phillips for donor coordination, and a whole team of ART nurses after that.)
They were informative, but sometimes hard to contact.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The billing part of this clinic does not seem to care about each individual circumstance. They did not want to listen to my situation and tried to tell me that my husband's specimen cryo had nothing to do with me.
About 12000
I agree with the single embryo transfer, but if this cycle doesn't work I may want to try 2.
2011 - 2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Yoko] was very open and realistic while still remaining optimistic. His strength is that he is very honest. It was very good to have someone we trusted doing our procedures even if we were not successful.... The clinic was great. They worked very well together. We never had any problems. They all seemed to work together to get the best results. Their strength include the friendliness of the staff and how well organized they are. Their communication is also exceptional.
The clinic [Reproductive Med Group] was great. They worked very well together. We never had any problems. They all seemed to work together to get the best results. Their strength include the friendliness of the staff and how well organized they are. Their communication is also exceptional.... He [Dr. Yoko] was very open and realistic while still remaining optimistic. His strength is that he is very honest. It was very good to have someone we trusted doing our procedures even if we were not successful
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
He was very open and realistic while still remaining optimistic. His strength is that he is very honest. It was very good to have someone we trusted doing our procedures even if we were not successful.
Remain open minded to all options.
He was very kind and empathetic but remained realistic in his approach.
I don’t remember much other than icsi being a main part I f our IVF each time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
They were amazing. They felt like family to us. We were so happy with them.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I believe IVF was about 9000 and medication around 3000 per cycle.
I wish we would’ve had more than two transferred. It should be left up to the patient

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr Goodman was very personable during my consultation. She was very informative and has a great bedside manner. She appears to be very knowledgable in her field...I saw Dr Goodman a few times prior to beginning the IUI process. Once the process started with baseline sonograms, follow up sonograms, and insemination I saw the nurse. I've had 1 IUI so far and was unsuccessful. 2 of the months that I went for my baseline sonogram I was placed on hold due to having a large ovarian cyst.
I've been seen in Brandon, Fletcher, and South Tampa offices [of The Reproductive Medicine Group]. Fletcher and Brandon are very nice. South Tampa was harder to find as it is inside of a medical facility and not a stand alone clinic. I prefer the aesthetics of the Brandon and fletcher clinics and felt the nurses/sonographers were more friendly at these locations...Dr Goodman was very personable during my consultation. She was very informative and has a great bedside manner. She appears to be very knowledgable in her field
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Ask as many questions as you can to familiarize yourself with the process. Research ahead of time using evidence based research articles
Progesterone to induce my cycle. Baseline sonogram. If no ovarian cyst then I was put on provera or premetrium 2.5mg. I was then brought back for follicular measurement. My first sonogram my follicle was 9mm, 2nd was 11mm, 3rd was 13mm, 4th was 20mm. Once I reached 20mm, I was given a trigger shot to inject that night. I went back 36 hours later and was inseminated. I was unsuccessful. Yesterday I went back for a baseline sonogram and I have a &gt;4 cm cyst. Therefore this month will be a rest month
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I've been seen in Brandon, Fletcher, and South Tampa offices. Fletcher and Brandon are very nice. South Tampa was harder to find as it is inside of a medical facility and not a stand alone clinic. I prefer the aesthetics of the Brandon and fletcher clinics and felt the nurses/sonographers were more friendly at these locations
Sonograms were $155 and not covered by insurance. IUI was less than $200. Trigger shot was $100. My copay was $50.
Brandon

She [Dr. Goodman] is great. Friendly, but doesn’t sugar coat anything. I trust her judgement and to help me make decisions in a logical way as opposed to emotional. She’s confident and good at explaining everything in a way that feels doable and not as stressful.... Takes her time to explain things and made me feel comfortable in that I’m not some weirdo who cant have kids. In her world, infertility is normal and can be dealt with. She made it feel not as insurmountable as it felt when starting the process.
Clinic [Reproductive Med Group] is pretty good on timing, i never had to wait very long. The girls drawing blood did a great job and made me feel comfortable (i hate that part). The girls who did the ultrasounds were nice and worked quickly. Make sure to ask about payments before each visit. A few times i was surprised that i owed money - it was in the packet they gave me, but there were so many papers i had a hard time keeping track. In retrospect, i either should’ve looked at the paperwork better or should’ve asked before each visit.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
She is great. Friendly, but doesn’t sugar coat anything. I trust her judgement and to help me make decisions in a logical way as opposed to emotional. She’s confident and good at explaining everything in a way that feels doable and not as stressful.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and for clarification. She can talk fast, so have her repeat herself if you didn’t understand the first time.
She’s very real, down to earth and friendly. Takes her time to explain things and made me feel comfortable in that I’m not some weirdo who cant have kids. In her world, infertility is normal and can be dealt with. She made it feel not as insurmountable as it felt when starting the process.
Internal ultrasound to check ovaries and follicles. LH tracker and Blood tests to determine my cylce. 2 weeks generic birth control. Ultrasound and bloodwork to verify cycle. Begin injections: follistim and menopur for a couple days then added galirenix for another 7 days Began blood tests on day 3 of injections, then again in day 5, 7, 9. On day 9, i was told to take the trigger. Went in on day 10 for blood work. Day 11 was egg retrieval. Very painful for about 4 days after retrieval. Embryos were frozen awaiting a surrogate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Sara Zellers)
Very good at answering questions. Appointments were scheduled really well and i never had to wait long and had no difficulties.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Clinic is pretty good on timing, i never had to wait very long. The girls drawing blood did a great job and made me feel comfortable (i hate that part). The girls who did the ultrasounds were nice and worked quickly. Make sure to ask about payments before each visit. A few times i was surprised that i owed money - it was in the packet they gave me, but there were so many papers i had a hard time keeping track. In retrospect, i either should’ve looked at the paperwork better or should’ve asked before each visit.
Injections $1500 All other visits (bl work, ultrasound, egg retrieval): $6000 (approx)
Brandon
She [Dr. Sandy Goodman] put me on metformin not because I'm a diabetic, she told me that multiple times but she said it would help at the beginning stages since I am a larger woman. Then she had me lose about 20 lbs. She said that this would give me a better shot a successful transfer. I was able to lose the weight quickly due to my motivation level. Once those steps were complete I attended a seminar to understand the benefits of single transfer vs multiple. Then I attended a class to understand my medication and how to administer it and the importance of doing it same time daily. She really expressed the importance of consistency with the medication process
When I went to do the egg retrival it was in a different location then what I was used to [at Reproductive Medicine Group- Brandon]. The area is not private and each person and spouse is separated by a sheet. I heard how many eggs the person next to me retrived and was disappointed when my nurse didn't tell me until I asked. Mine was a very low number and knowing what the lady before me had made me sad. I wish there was a little more privacy
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
First of all not having any coverage for the procedure she was very thorough in getting our options. We didn't have much money to try different options. She informed us the best bet would be Ivf. I had a different friend who was at a different clinic go through her process and the process failed her. Dr. Goodman helped me understand how we would go step by step and the benefits vs the risk. I never felt rushed or uninformed. She was not the doctor that was on during egg retrival but she was the doctor that placed the egg back. That day was very emotional. Out of 7 eggs retrived we only had one that made it through genetic testing. It was our one shot. I wouldn't have wanted any other doctor to complete the transfer. I cried, she hugged me and it just felt right.
Be direct with her and she will be the same with you.
everytime I met with the Dr I was greeted warmly and never felt rushed during my appointment. Things were explained clearly and I felt at ease during each step of the process. The hug I received when I heard the baby's heart beat for the first time will forever stick with me
She put me on metformin not because I'm a diabetic, she told me that multiple times but she said it would help at the beginning stages since I am a larger woman. Then she had me lose about 20 lbs. She said that this would give me a better shot a successful transfer. I was able to lose the weight quickly due to my motivation level. Once those steps were complete I attended a seminar to understand the benefits of single transfer vs multiple. Then I attended a class to understand my medication and how to administer it and the importance of doing it same time daily. She really expressed the importance of consistency with the medication process
There were many different nurses I worked with. Each encounter was a positive experience and I was always able to get answers quickly
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
When I went to do the egg retrival it was in a different location then what I was used to. The area is not private and each person and spouse is separated by a sheet. I heard how many eggs the person next to me retrived and was disappointed when my nurse didn't tell me until I asked. Mine was a very low number and knowing what the lady before me had made me sad. I wish there was a little more privacy
It was always first thing in the morning first come first serve. Some days were busier than others but it seems like the clinic tried to spread us out so it was not a cattle call situation
All in it was about $25,000 5k of it I opted for for genetic testing, so it could have been less. And that is with medication cost included. I would opt to genetic test again. 4 of 5 of my eggs did not pass the genetic marker test
They were very unfront with their eSET stats and reasoning behind it. Every person that goes theough their practice has to attend a mandatory meeting about the why behind it and the benefits
Brandon

The ultrasound technician [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] was very rude during the procedure. When calling to get medical records, the nurses answering the phone said legally they have "X" amount of days to produce them. Extremely unprofessional...I never received a formal quote, but she [Dr. Betsy McCormick] said approximately $20k for a cycle of IVF...Technology is dated, they do not have a way to share images from ultrasounds or x rays that are preformed in office. I do not understand how they can operate this way because when you are paying for tests, they are your results. Patients have a right to their images and the office does not share them.
How was your experience with Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
It was nice to meet the doctor on the first visit. Negatives - 1. She would not release my medical records to me until scheduling another office visit with her. 2. These delays cost me time that I can not get back 3. Her advise was wrong, she said that my test results would not change within 6 months - it has been 3 months and upon second round of testing the my AMH has decreased further. Half of that time was wasted between testings because of her "policies."
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Do not go to her. Ask any clinic you are evaluating when you can expect the results from the reports. Other clinics give them you while the procedure is being done. There is a monitor so that everyone can see what is going on during the procedure with a nurse present to communicate it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. McCormick requires the patient to complete a series of tests before consulting or going over any of the results. During the ultra sound, the technician would not provide any feedback as to what she was reporting, things as simple as follicle count, etc. After preforming the HSG which showed my tubes were blocked, I demanded an office visit with Dr. McCormick. Dr. McCormick did not go over the ultra sound report in detail with me. I discovered abnormal findings in the ultra sound after obtaining my complete records. Dr. McCormick recommenced to repeat the HSG, and I still to date was not able to receive a quote from the practice regarding the cost to do the procedure in attempt to unblock the tubes. Dr. McCormick ran every test my insurance would cover and utilized it to the maximum and only suggested the procedures that would make her the most money and did not properly review my test results prior to our consultation.
Describe the protocols Betsy McCormick used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
I did not pursue treatment with McCormick. I felt uncomfortable with the attitude of the staff at the saline sonogram and decline the service.
The ultrasound technician was very rude during the procedure. When calling to get medical records, the nurses answering the phone said legally they have "X" amount of days to produce them. Extremely unprofessional.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
She was in network for my insurance for diagnostic procedures. I never received a formal quote, but she said approximately $20k for a cycle of IVF.
Clearwater

Dr. McCormick has always treated me with honesty and respect. She has always made me feel comfortable and has always listened to any questions or concerns that I may have.... As soon as she saw me she had a game plan. First was to go over my previous hsg that I had done before seeing her. Second was a saline sono to see if she could see my septate uterus. Third was surgery (laparoscopy and hysteroscopy) to fix my septate uterus, remove a cyst, polyps, remove endometriosis, flush out Fallopian tubes, and make sure everything looked good.
The nursing staff [Reproductive Medicine Group] are very friendly and understanding, I have always felt comfortable and extremely happy with their care... The only down side I can think of is you can get any office when you call, not necessarily the office you intended on calling.. other than that it’s great and they always know what’s going on and you never have to wait a long time... Dr. McCormick has always treated me with honesty and respect. She has always made me feel comfortable
Before I got to Dr. McCormick I got the run around from my regular obgyn and can to this clinic frustrated and feeling helpless but as soon as I got my appointment with Dr McCormick she had a game plan set out and got the ball rolling quickly. Ever since I’ve been treated by her I’ve found more answers to my questions and felt at ease which I’ve found to be very important when it comes to infertility. Dr. McCormick has the sweetest disposition even commenting on my pretty toe nail polish, I have always felt at ease with her and trust her with my care
Ask as many questions as you want because she is very knowledgeable and will put you at ease by having an answer.
As soon as she saw me she had a game plan. First was to go over my previous hsg that I had done before seeing her. Second was a saline sono to see if she could see my septate uterus. Third was surgery (laparoscopy and hysteroscopy) to fix my septate uterus, remove a cyst, polyps, remove endometriosis, flush out Fallopian tubes, and make sure everything looked good. Then we waited and started 2 rounds of iuis. After second iui failed she ordered a second saline sonogram to find the polyps had grown back so she ordered another surgery to which I just recovered from and started my 3rd iui
The nursing staff are very friendly and understanding, I have always felt comfortable and extremely happy with their care
Iuis run around $800
Clearwater

We started with testing and getting periodic blood tests to check my thyroid levels. She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] found an irregularity with my thyroid and added medication for that. After 4 failed IUIs we tried a different fertility pill and adjusted when to trigger. In consultation she laid out all of our options and even though IVF was next logical step understood we wanted to give it a few more tries with IUI and adjusted meds for better results.
talking with other couples going through the same, [The Reproductive Medicine Group is] considerably less expensive. Iui has been $375. Each sonogram has been $150...This clinics policy is single embryo transfer. They do genetic testing in all embryos...Knowledgeable staff. Keep us in the know. Thoroughly explain all of our options and suggested course of actions, allowing us time to discuss our options privately before moving forward although willing to push us towards best options for best results.
We do not see Dr. McCormick every visit, only during consultations. We don’t need her every time because the staff is very knowledgeable and explains what each test is for, what the results are and what they mean for us moving forward. I trust that she is prescribing us the best treatment available to us and what will work for us.
Ask all of the questions.
no Information was given to us in the form of “brochure information” everything was very specific to our situation, age, bodies, what works best for us. The front office has had many three-way calls with our insurance and translated what they were saying into terms we could understand and for our situation.
We started with testing and getting periodic blood tests to check my thyroid levels. She found an irregularity with my thyroid and added medication for that. After 4 failed IUIs we tried a different fertility pill and adjusted when to trigger. In consultation she laid out all of our options and even though IVF was next logical step understood we wanted to give it a few more tries with IUI and adjusted meds for better results.
Very knowledgeable and know who they’re working with in the moment. They can always give me information about what’s currently going on.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Everything for us was out of pocket. However talking with other couples going through the same, considerably less expensive. Iui has been $375. Each sonogram has been $150
Describe Betsy McCormick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
This clinics policy is single embryo transfer. They do genetic testing in all embryos and have an 80% success rate.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Recently showed us for scheduled IUI at different office (Sunday appointment) and had no appointment scheduled. Luckily they were able to squeeze us in considering this was a medicated cycle.
Clearwater

The clinic [Reproductive Medical Group] is quite large and has multiple locations. This makes it easy for scheduling and necessary weekend procedures....they sent us home on a Friday with a package for my husband to complete his insemination part at home prior to the IUI appointment... they failed to provide a cup for his sample in the package. 4) they failed to charge me correctly for one of my visits, so on my next visit I surprisingly owed $600 instead of $300.
Out of the seven months I spent receiving treatment for infertility I only saw Dr. McCormick twice. This included the initial consultation and then the very last sit down to tell us our 5 IUIs have failed and we should move on to IVF. Seven months and I spent a total of 30 minutes with my doctor. She never once performed a procedure or IUI (always a nurse). She never stopped in during an ultrasound to explain things or simply check on us. Not once. Every month we were left with questions and not knowing how we should handle the next month. Where was my doctor to help us understand? I really don’t know.
If you’re not sure of the details/extent of your infertility and sincerely want to figure it out and bring home a baby, find a doctor who actually spends some time on your unique case and helps you figure it out. This doctor will not be Betsy McCormick.
Out of the seven months I spent receiving fertility treatment, my husband and I only met with the doctor twice, totaling about 30 minutes for both visits. This includes the initial consultation and the final sit down letting us know we’ve had 5 failed IUIs and should move on to IVF. 30 minutes with my doctor in seven months for one of the most important steps in our life. Where was she?
Right off the bat after my bloodwork showed low AMH Dr. McCormick recommenced IVF. We could not afford it so we opted to try IUI cycles with Clomid. My first cycle of treatment I was prescribed 100mg of Clomid (2 pills) one a day for 5 days. I was then brought in for an ultrasound about 8 days later where it showed my body was producing 3 mature follicles and was ready for a shot of Ovidrel the next day. The IUI was then performed 2 days later. This failed, and next month went exactly the same except the doctor decreased the dosage to 50mg of Clomid (1 pill) everyday for 5 days due to the amount of mature follicles it helped produce. This was all told to the nurse and not me. Same timeline of ultrasound (still showed 3 mature follicles), Ovidrel shot and IUI. This failed as well. No changes were made to this plan for the next 3 cycles we completed. All produced the same results and all failed. It was only after the 5th failed IUI that Dr. McCormick scheduled us for another consultation to tell us they obviously didn’t work and our next step should be IVF.
Nurses were great for the most part. I saw a different nurse every visit so things were sometimes explained differently each time. They did all of the work- IUIs, ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc. Most were kind and seemed happy to help.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is quite large and has multiple locations. This makes it easy for scheduling and necessary weekend procedures. There is more than one doctor and others may be great, I’m not sure. I got the feeling from my doctor that they care a lot about the money they’re receiving and that’s it. I was told by their financial coordinator that they charge $26,000 for one cycle of IVF. This seems a bit more expensive than other clinics and I’m not sure why. When I asked about grants or other opportunities available to help with the cost, the financial coordinator told me she didn’t know of any to recommend. So I would also highly suggest to be prepared financially before seeking help from this clinic.
Each appointment was $50. Ultrasounds to check follicle development were $125 I believe. IUI procedure was $350 I believe. Medications were always separate. Trigger shot (Ovidrel) was provided by a mail order pharmacy. The rest (Clomid) I could get at my preferred pharmacy.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
1) the doctor failed to call in refills for a medication she prescribed. I went days without taking it before a nurse got a hold of the doctor and had her send it in. 2) the front desk person once messed up an appointment for an ultrasound. She scheduled it a week late which would have been too late. Thankfully they fit me in when I showed up on the day it should have been scheduled 3)they sent us home on a Friday with a package for my husband to complete his insemination part at home prior to the IUI appointment... they failed to provide a cup for his sample in the package. 4) they failed to charge me correctly for one of my visits, so on my next visit I surprisingly owed $600 instead of $300. 5)they failed to give me information on financial assistance- even their financial coordinator! 6) I faxed my release of information form to them 3 different times when I was transferring to a no location. They apparently never received it the first two times.
Clearwater
Dr. McCormick is so knowledgeable, gentle and kind. So far, I have truly enjoyed the process with her, especially compared to the last group I was at....We are in the process of deciding to do IVF.... She has been such a good listener and explains things so well, when this can all feel so very overwhelming.... The office staff [Reproductive Med Group] is amazing. Dr. McCormick truly cares about you, and Dr. Goodman seems fantastic also.
Almost all the nurses [Reproductive Medicine Group] have been great. Just one or two seemed uninterested or annoyed at their day...Great locations convenient to all parts of town, there are 4 to pick from. Love that they have their own surgery center and the doctors and IVF conference they put on were incredible.... Costs were spelled out, since we do not have any insurance coverage for Fertility. HSG was $785. Appointments were around a couple hundred each time for bloodwork, consultation, etc. $150 for Semen Analysis. IVF was quoted at approx $26k for our situation.
We are in the process of deciding to do IVF. It is so expensive, and we are new to the area, with new jobs. So, our money situation has dropped significantly, but we have been battling infertility for 3 years now. She has been such a good listener and explains things so well, when this can all feel so very overwhelming.
Just ask questions, and she will answer them or get you to someone who can. She understands what we went through at our other clinic and is just so nice.
Dr. McCormick is so knowledgeable, gentle and kind. So far, I have truly enjoyed the process with her, especially compared to the last group I was at. The staff have followed up with me as well and have been great.
We are on the cusp of starting IVF if we can afford it. We do not have insurance that covers it.
Almost all the nurses have been great. Just one or two seemed uninterested or annoyed at their day, but I know that everyone has their own bad days too, so didn't look too much into it.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Great locations convenient to all parts of town, there are 4 to pick from. Love that they have their own surgery center and the doctors and IVF conference they put on were incredible. Be sure to ask a lot of questions for your own particular situation. The office staff is amazing. Dr. McCormick truly cares about you, and Dr. Goodman seems fantastic also.
They utilize eSET with frozen embryos at my age to protect myself and give a potential baby the best chance of birth.

2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr. McCormick was thoughtful, kind, soft spoken, and really willing to listen to me and my concerns instead of sort of talking over me or treating me as if I didn't have any idea what I was talking about, as I feel a lot of doctors in this profession do. I really enjoyed working with her. And it did feel more like a partnership, which was awesome...Since my tests came back okay I wanted to try the IUIs a few times with no fertility drugs and just timing my ovulation. I could tell that she wasn't super hopeful about option, but she agreed.
I had a hard time getting anyone [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] to listen to me about the uterine lining issue I experienced. Given my successful results once I was no longer on the clomid, I believe it was a big issue for me and I had a hard time getting someone to care or listen (this was primarily techs or nurses I was dealing with at this point). they also didn't inform me of the risks of taking the medication over prolonged periods, which I wish had been explained.
I would say that I think she really tried to work with you and listen to you, so if you have a concern or an idea, to bring it up to her.
I wasn't always thrilled with her staff, as sometimes they felt dismissive. But Dr. McCormick herself was always very thoughtful in her approach, she felt like she was really listening to you as an individual, not just a generic female fertility patient. She also allowed me to make choices for my care that were not necessarily her first choice, but she was willing to honor what I felt would be best (and as it turned out, I was right in my case).
In my case, our issue was male factor infertility. My test results all came back okay so our first plan of action was to try IUI. Dr. McCormick said I could try without any fertility drugs and just time my cycle, or, as she was recommending, we could use clomid, etc., for a better result. She was definitely in favor of this option, so I agreed to try that. We had four cycles of clomid/IUI that were failures. From what I could tell, the clomid made me push out extra eggs but thinned out my uterine lining so much that nothing could implant. I can't say 100% what the problem but I believe that was it. So Dr. McCormick was going to recommend we try another type of drug, but I was reluctant to do that. Since my tests came back okay I wanted to try the IUIs a few times with no fertility drugs and just timing my ovulation. I could tell that she wasn't super hopeful about option, but she agreed. I really respected that she listened to my concerns and allowed me to pursue what I thought was best for me. And that first IUI without any fertility drugs resulted in my first child! It was so wonderful. When it came time to try for a sibling, I re-took all the fertility tests and things came back okay, so I again told her I would like to try IUI with no fertility drugs, since that worked last time. She agreed, and the first try was successful again and resulted in my second child! So thankful to them, because without them I wouldn't have this beautiful family.
The nurse who performed the actual IUI was very nice, although it was pretty painful every time but one. The staff at the North Tampa office were all very welcoming and nice. Some of the staff at the Clearwater office could be pretty dismissive. In particular was a technician who would perform the ultrasounds to see how many eggs were maturing, but I believe she no longer works there. The people in the front office were generally pretty friendly and nice to deal with it. There was a male technician who worked in the lab there in the office who was a little rude to me. It's just tough in that situation because you're so stressed and worried, and this is the thing you want more than anything else in the world, so when someone is less than kind, it stings.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Overall, the clinics are nice and the staff is friendly, particularly at the north Tampa office. At times I found some members of the staff to be dismissive or impatient, and that can be unpleasant. but overall they were professional and kind.
Almost all of my testing was covered by insurance. Then they carefully explained the costs of the procedures to me, which were not covered. It was very clear.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I had a hard time getting anyone to listen to me about the uterine lining issue I experienced. Given my successful results once I was no longer on the clomid, I believe it was a big issue for me and I had a hard time getting someone to care or listen (this was primarily techs or nurses I was dealing with at this point). they also didn't inform me of the risks of taking the medication over prolonged periods, which I wish had been explained.
Clearwater

The group [The Reproductive Medicine Group] is a very large group, there is just no way for the physicians to know you individually. I have had an experience where my MD mixed up why I was there, or had to review my chart while I was there to confirm...I think the hardest thing for us was just the fact that the practice as a whole was so large, you see the MD for consent signing and the procedure, but none of the monitoring throughout...Second cycle, this office ordered lupron trigger instead of HCG. Which was the whole change for my protocol.
How was your experience with Samuel Tarantino at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
We really liked Dr. Tarantino's personality, he is very friendly and jovial. He is easy for my husband to talk with from a man's perspective this is important, as it's such a sensitive subject to begin with. I think the hardest thing for us was just the fact that the practice as a whole was so large, you see the MD for consent signing and the procedure, but none of the monitoring throughout. I know this is par for the course for a practice this big, but sometimes I just wish we could have more one on one time. For our first round we had all abnormal embryos, and from my own research I felt we should change the trigger, Dr. Tarantino suggested this as well, so I felt comfortable that he was making changes instead of just sticking with the status quo.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Tarantino at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
He is experienced and knows what he is doing, just make sure you know what you need and ask for it! Don't be afraid to question decisions, make sure you keep track of your meds and everything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Tarantino at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
The group is a very large group, there is just no way for the physicians to know you individually. I have had an experience where my MD mixed up why I was there, or had to review my chart while I was there to confirm.
Describe the protocols Samuel Tarantino used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
Cycle 1 - Antagonist protocol with lupron trigger - they use lupron for everyone the first time because it is safer. I agree with this, but for me it did not produce good embryos. We retreived 11, 9 mature, 7 fertilized, 3 blasts (2 BB and 1 BC, so not great quality) and NONE came back PGS normal. Cycle 2 - Antagonist with HCG trigger, 14 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 2 blasts (but better quality, 1 AA and 1 AB), both were PGS normal! Dr. Tarantino thought that maybe the Lupron trigger hadn't worked correctly on me. He said some women's brains don't have the appropriate reaction to the Lupron and the eggs and not matured correctly or fully, creating the abnormalities, which he said the PGS indicated were all maternal issues. This is why he switched to HCG. I agreed after reading, although I was surprised that I only had two blasts, but thankfully they were great quality and both normal, so it worked out!
We have two sets of nurses, the nurses from my office location - clearwater, and the ART nurses, who handle all of the IVF retrieval and transfer cycles. The nurse at my main office location actually made an error on my second cycle and ordered lupron as my trigger, this mistake carried down throughout the ENTIRE prep for my second cycle. Every single nurse would call and try to confirm I was using lupron trigger, which i was not. I was very upset with this, because I know using HCG would change the way I was monitored when it comes to OHSS, etc. So i really didn't want there to be even a single trace of a lupron trigger being used. Finally right before stims started I called and spoke with the ART nurses and was firm but respectful in requesting that they review my charts and make sure all traces of lupron were removed because I was worried that the physician would make decisions based off lupron and not HCG (especially since I said the practice is so large and there is no way for the MDs to remember individual patients). Thankfully the ART nurses appeased me and made sure all lupron traces were removed and never mentioned it again.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Strengths - experience, ART nurse communication Weaknesses - the size
Pretty efficient, got there in the AM and they just take us one by one. The later you get there the longer it takes, so I try to get there before they open.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Tarantino at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
a full cycle with PGS and meds was around 20K.
Describe Samuel Tarantino's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I agree with him, I am fine with single embryo, since I have never been pregnant there isn't history showing I should try multiple and personally I don't want multiples.
Samuel Tarantino
Clearwater

She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] was very knowledgeable and did not push unnecessary procedures on us. She remained positive but realistic when setting expectations. She knew with my PCOS that a fresh transfer would not be as successful so the decision to do frozen was made well ahead of time so we knew what to expect with the timeline...Very honest and informative approach.
When the transfer cycle is complete, we will be at an estimated $25,000 [at The Reproductive Medicine Group]...The clinic is clean and usually runs close to schedule. The office staff is nice and organized and quick to return calls. They have four offices conveniently located throughout Tampa and this comment goes for all of the offices...The [nurses] were very informative and quick to call back. Very organized and utilized an app portal which made it very easy to access my medical information, prescriptions, calendar, and instructions.
She was very knowledgeable and did not push unnecessary procedures on us. She remained positive but realistic when setting expectations. She knew with my PCOS that a fresh transfer would not be as successful so the decision to do frozen was made well ahead of time so we knew what to expect with the timeline.
Do your own research so you come prepared to ask a lot of questions. She is very informative but there is so much information to digest so it is best to go into it somewhat educated.
Very honest and informative approach.
I started with 125 units of Gonal-F and one vial of Menopur for 4 days. I then continued that while adding in Cetrotide for 3 more nights. I then did 2 vials of Menopur with Cetrotide for 1 night and the following night was the trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Heather and Renee )
The were very informative and quick to call back. Very organized and utilized an app portal which made it very easy to access my medical information, prescriptions, calendar, and instructions.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
When the transfer cycle is complete, we will be at an estimated $25,000.
I have not done my embryo transfer yet but she will only transfer one.