7.1

2919 Swann Ave
Tampa, FL 33609
813-870-3553

2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. McCormick] took the time to look through all of my records prior to my appointment... My questions were welcomed and encouraged...provided me with resources to continue my research...did not pressure my husband and I into make any decisions...I was diagnosed with hypothalamic amenorrhea...started by going over my exercise routine and diet...see if we could fix this naturally.
[The Reproductive Medicine Group] was helpful and transparent from from front desk staff to the MAs, nurses, billing department and physicians. It was also easy to get into see Dr McCormick with not a lot of wait time...[nurse] will always get back to me first thing in the morning...had to reach out to multiple different people trying to get figures on the total cost of treatment...[Dr. McCormick] recommends one embryo transfer at a time due to the high success rate.
How was your experience with Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I went to two fertility specialist prior to seeing Dr McCormick. I had all of my records sent over to her. When my husband and I showed up, she was able to begin the conversation going over all of our previous testing and recommendations. She took the time to look through all of my records prior to my appointment. I felt as if she was very prepared. After verifying my previous records, she took the time to ask us how we felt about the previous recommendations. She also wanted to know why we did not go with the other physicians so she could make this as pleasurable of an experience as infertility treatment could be. Naturally, I had a lot of questions. I did not feel rushed or like I was a bother to her. My questions were welcomed and encouraged. Prior to finishing our consultation, she provided me with resources to continue my research. She also provided me with phone numbers of coordinators and nurses in case I had any further questions. Last, she did not pressure my husband and I into make any decisions. She simply provided me with information and resources and told us to think about our options and she would be here when we were ready to proceed with any treatment
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I would advise patients to do prior research and make a list of questions before their appointment. Dr McCormick gives plenty of time for questions and has a wealth of knowledge. Having a list of questions will ensure you get the most out of your appointment so you will feel prepared to take the next step.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr McCormick took her time while talking to my husband and I. She started by first getting to know us and our lifestyle. She made us feel comfortable with her and opening up prior to asking more serious questions. At the end of my consultation, I asked her out of all of the options she presented, which would she recommend. She came around from her desk and looked me in the eye and told me if I were her daughter then she would recommend IVF. It provided me great comfort that she was able to look at me as a person rather than a patient
Describe the protocols Betsy McCormick used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with hypothalamic amenorrhea. I was over exercising, stressed with work and not eating enough.Dr McCormick first started by going over my exercise routine and diet. She wanted to start simple and see if we could fix this naturally. When my period did not return, we tried progesterone withdrawal. My period still did not return after this and I was placed on clomid to try and induce ovulation. I was not ovulating with the clomid. I have a transvaginal US and my uterine lining was very thin, too thin to support a pregnancy. She then changed my medication to femara because it does not have the side effects of thinning of the uterine lining. My uterine lining did thicken back up, but I still was not ovulating. This is when we had a serious talk. We went over doing IUI versus IVF. She went over the pros and cons of both. Given that IUI only has a 15% success rate each round, my husband and I decided to proceed with IVF. We have not started our IVF yet due to the corona virus butt husband and I feel confident that she went through all of the protocols and we tried everything we could prior to resorting to IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Heather Hartwick)
Heather is always available by telephone or through the portal during working hours. If I send her a message in the middle of the night through the portal because I’m thinking about something, she will always get back to me first thing in the morning. She has been very patient and compassionate with me when I spend 30 mins on the phone with her asking all sorts of questions because I am nervous. She never makes me feel like an inconvenience to her. I am very appreciative of her
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Clinic strengths- great environment. Everyone in the building was helpful and transparent from from front desk staff to the MAs, nurses, billing department and physicians. It was also easy to get into see Dr McCormick with not a lot of wait time Weakness- I have had to reach out to multiple different people trying to get figures on the total cost of treatment will be including the medications, blood work, office visits, US, aspirations, and transfer. After speaking to 2 different people I was able to get an estimated treatment cost. Kendra in the billing department was very knowledgeable and thorough
Describe the costs associated with your care under Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The workup that I had prior to beginning treatment including blood work, US, PAP, and husbands semen analysis was approximately $3000 The multiple visits for blood work and US prior to aspiration are $50 each time (due to insurance coverage) The aspiration costs (I have full coverage from my insurance, but the surgery center is not covered and neither is the genetic testing) is $7000. Medications prior to the aspiration are approximately $3000. The saline US for the mock transfer is $985. Medications before the embryo transfer are $500 The embryo transfer should be $1200 just due to the surgery center fee. Hopefully by that point I would have met my deductible with insurance and everything else will be covered
Describe Betsy McCormick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
She highly recommends one embryo transfer at a time due to the high success rate. We have not made it that far in the process but I feel as if something were to show up during my aspiration or subsequent US and she felt as if we needed to do 2 embryos then she would let us know and have an honest conversation about it

2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
I feel like Dr. Goodman has so many great qualities and strengths. Each time she walks in and greets you, its heartfelt regardless of good or bad news. I like the fact that she "entertained" my wanting to go "back" and address the previously diagnosed blocked tubes...She always explains herself and the why BUT always lets me decide. She is not pushy or overbearing or cold...It just always feels like you are having a conversation with a close relative and not a doctor with Dr. Goodman.
The nursing staff [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] has always been warm, compassionate, friendly and filled with smiles. I have always felt like a person from the moment I sign in to the moment I walk out...As a new patient when you onboard, be sure to arrive with plenty time to account for filling out paperwork. Do your research with your insurance and get with the billing department to discuss self-pay options if your insurance does not cover fertility treatments.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I feel like Dr. Goodman has so many great qualities and strengths. Each time she walks in and greets you, its heartfelt regardless of good or bad news. I like the fact that she "entertained" my wanting to go "back" and address the previously diagnosed blocked tubes. After the 2 unsuccessful IVF cycles, it was close to Christmas which meant holiday break IF we were to proceed with cycle 3. I decided that I needed the mental rest and decided to ask to relook at the previously blocked tubes. Dr. Goodman saw me after the new year and we decided to start with the HSG which resulted in tubes not being blocked and we decided to proceed with the IUI cycles. The fact that she was willing to allow me to go this route for many reasons is wonderful. She always explains herself and the why BUT always lets me decide. She is not pushy or overbearing or cold. I honestly cannot think of any weaknesses to talk about...
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Not only as a prospective patient of Dr. Goodman, but as a prospective patient in general for infertility would be to keep an open mind, and remember that every person's body is different and do not be discouraged by the statistics presented. I would also advise to do your own research as well and build your fertility team.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. Goodman has always been candid with me and always has open heartfelt communication with me. If she didn't believe that we can be successful, I do not think that I would be her patient. Additionally, after the IVF "failures", I wanted to go back and address the tubal blockage since I never addressed it and went straight for IVF. We did, which has enabled my significant other and I to proceed with the less invasive IUI route. Although this first round was not successful, we are still optimistic that we will conceive. It just always feels like you are having a conversation with a close relative and not a doctor with Dr. Goodman.
Describe the protocols Sandy Goodman used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
IVF 1: Birth control, then upon start of menses/baseline, nightly injection of Omnitrope 27 units, Menopur 2 vials, Gonal F 300 units IVF 1 cancelled due to follicle size expectation IVF 2: Birth control, then flared with Lupron 20 units 2x/day; Menopur 2 vials 2x/day; Gonal F 150 units 2x/day; Omnitrope 27 units 1x/day IVF 2 I had to order more medications because the follicles were a little slow even with this protocol however I produced 9 follicles total, 7 eggs resulted, 5 fertilized, 3 embryos. Zero were transferred due to each embryo resulting in abnormal results after PGT. IUI 1: Letrozale 2.5mg 2x/day for 5 days; Ovidrel trigger shot IUI 1 unsuccessful; unable to have additional intercourse due to military mobilization due to COVID-19 pandemic/response. Now due to COVID-19, we are in a holding pattern for IUI however if we are able to see and have relations we will.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The nursing staff has always been warm, compassionate, friendly and filled with smiles. I have always felt like a person from the moment I sign in to the moment I walk out.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Up until IVF and IUI, my insurance provided coverage in accordance with my benefits. Super expensive but everything is delineated with the exception of prescription costs.
Describe Sandy Goodman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
We are required to attend a seminar in which all of this is addressed and the reasoning why. I believe this clinic only conducts single embryo transfers.
North Tampa

Dr. Goodman is very thorough and explains everything in great detail...She has always been very honest and doesn’t sugar coat anything...you may not see her at every appointment, she has been knowledgeable about our specific journey at each appointment...I was expecting Dr. Goodman to come in with a game plan, but it was very much a two way conversation and it was nice to have our thoughts heard.
[The Reproductive Medicine Group clinic] Strengths: knowledgeable friendly staff and great hours (early mornings and open on the weekend) Weaknesses: I waited over an hour once for my IUI. Other than that one time though, they’re usually right on time...The nursing staff is always friendly and knowledgeable. Kaci always is speedy to respond to my messages through the portal...I felt that I mattered.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. Goodman is very thorough and explains everything in great detail. Sometimes she can talk a bit fast, but I always feel comfortable asking questions when I don’t understand something. She has always been very honest and doesn’t sugar coat anything.
Though you may not see her at every appointment, she has been knowledgeable about our specific journey at each appointment.
Despite the office being very busy, I never felt like a number. The office manager, Kelly, in the Fletcher office knew me and my husband by name and when I hadn’t been to the Brandon office in awhile the sonographer, Danielle, made mention of it and I felt that I mattered.
After our initial consultation, we went through various tests and bloodwork which lead to our unexplained infertility diagnosis. We decided to start with three IUI’s and regroup if unsuccessful. Each cycle started with a baseline sonogram and initially I was prescribed letrozole 5 mg which was later upped for 7mg. Next we’d have a mid-cycle sonogram and told whether or not to trigger that night. My first IUI was unsuccessful, the next cycle I ovulated earlier than expected so IUI was canceled and the next cycle was successful but unfortunately ended in missed miscarriage. Dr. Goodman recommended a D&C which we ultimately chose to do. Following the miscarriage she had us complete a saline infused sonogram, genetics testing and thrombophilia profile to check for clotting disorders. When everything came back normal, she recommended three more IUI’s and again regroup if unsuccessful. We completed three more IUI’s with the same protocol- all unsuccessful. When we came back for our consult, I was expecting Dr. Goodman to come in with a game plan, but it was very much a two way conversation and it was nice to have our thoughts heard. We signed up for the ART webinar and ultimately decided to transition to IVF.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
IUI’s with semen analysis were $375 Sonograms were $155 (usually two per cycle) Trigger shot was $92 Letrozole about $5 Progesterone suppositories $56 for a two week supply
Brandon

We started with testing and getting periodic blood tests to check my thyroid levels. She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] found an irregularity with my thyroid and added medication for that. After 4 failed IUIs we tried a different fertility pill and adjusted when to trigger. In consultation she laid out all of our options and even though IVF was next logical step understood we wanted to give it a few more tries with IUI and adjusted meds for better results.
talking with other couples going through the same, [The Reproductive Medicine Group is] considerably less expensive. Iui has been $375. Each sonogram has been $150...This clinics policy is single embryo transfer. They do genetic testing in all embryos...Knowledgeable staff. Keep us in the know. Thoroughly explain all of our options and suggested course of actions, allowing us time to discuss our options privately before moving forward although willing to push us towards best options for best results.
We do not see Dr. McCormick every visit, only during consultations. We don’t need her every time because the staff is very knowledgeable and explains what each test is for, what the results are and what they mean for us moving forward. I trust that she is prescribing us the best treatment available to us and what will work for us.
Ask all of the questions.
no Information was given to us in the form of “brochure information” everything was very specific to our situation, age, bodies, what works best for us. The front office has had many three-way calls with our insurance and translated what they were saying into terms we could understand and for our situation.
We started with testing and getting periodic blood tests to check my thyroid levels. She found an irregularity with my thyroid and added medication for that. After 4 failed IUIs we tried a different fertility pill and adjusted when to trigger. In consultation she laid out all of our options and even though IVF was next logical step understood we wanted to give it a few more tries with IUI and adjusted meds for better results.
Very knowledgeable and know who they’re working with in the moment. They can always give me information about what’s currently going on.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Everything for us was out of pocket. However talking with other couples going through the same, considerably less expensive. Iui has been $375. Each sonogram has been $150
This clinics policy is single embryo transfer. They do genetic testing in all embryos and have an 80% success rate.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Recently showed us for scheduled IUI at different office (Sunday appointment) and had no appointment scheduled. Luckily they were able to squeeze us in considering this was a medicated cycle.
Clearwater

Dr. McCormick has always treated me with honesty and respect. She has always made me feel comfortable and has always listened to any questions or concerns that I may have.... As soon as she saw me she had a game plan. First was to go over my previous hsg that I had done before seeing her. Second was a saline sono to see if she could see my septate uterus. Third was surgery (laparoscopy and hysteroscopy) to fix my septate uterus, remove a cyst, polyps, remove endometriosis, flush out Fallopian tubes, and make sure everything looked good.
The nursing staff [Reproductive Medicine Group] are very friendly and understanding, I have always felt comfortable and extremely happy with their care... The only down side I can think of is you can get any office when you call, not necessarily the office you intended on calling.. other than that it’s great and they always know what’s going on and you never have to wait a long time... Dr. McCormick has always treated me with honesty and respect. She has always made me feel comfortable
Before I got to Dr. McCormick I got the run around from my regular obgyn and can to this clinic frustrated and feeling helpless but as soon as I got my appointment with Dr McCormick she had a game plan set out and got the ball rolling quickly. Ever since I’ve been treated by her I’ve found more answers to my questions and felt at ease which I’ve found to be very important when it comes to infertility. Dr. McCormick has the sweetest disposition even commenting on my pretty toe nail polish, I have always felt at ease with her and trust her with my care
Ask as many questions as you want because she is very knowledgeable and will put you at ease by having an answer.
As soon as she saw me she had a game plan. First was to go over my previous hsg that I had done before seeing her. Second was a saline sono to see if she could see my septate uterus. Third was surgery (laparoscopy and hysteroscopy) to fix my septate uterus, remove a cyst, polyps, remove endometriosis, flush out Fallopian tubes, and make sure everything looked good. Then we waited and started 2 rounds of iuis. After second iui failed she ordered a second saline sonogram to find the polyps had grown back so she ordered another surgery to which I just recovered from and started my 3rd iui
The nursing staff are very friendly and understanding, I have always felt comfortable and extremely happy with their care
Iuis run around $800
Clearwater

I never felt rushed [with Dr. Yeko], every question I had was thoroughly discussed, I felt like I had options and knowledge provided to me to make an informed decision on how to proceed. Dr. Yeko clearly cares about his patients and treats them with respect...He has excellent bedside manner, performed my HCG procedure with a full explanation of every step along the way, laid out every treatment option along with percentages of conceiving and pricing all while helping us come to a decision.
Initial consult [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] was around $350, full blood panel was around $1,000, genetic testing was $650, HSG was $900...Strengths the clinic had were appointment availability, customer service, friendly, knowledgeable, prompt with call backs and compassion. The weaknesses would be that I saw different nurses and they have so many locations that sometimes I had to travel for certain appointments.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Ask questions because he will absolutely answer them with honesty and integrity.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I never felt rushed, every question I had was thoroughly discussed, I felt like I had options and knowledge provided to me to make an informed decision on how to proceed. Dr. Yeko clearly cares about his patients and treats them with respect.
Describe the protocols Timothy Yeko used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
I had a baseline ultrasound on cycle day 1-3 depending on when full flow started. I was put on 100mg of clomid ( CD 3-7)with timed intercourse for my first 3 cycles. We then discussed switching to IVF. Again I had a baseline ultrasound, 100mg of clomid (CD 3-7), back several days later for a follicle scan which usually showed 2-3 follicles over 18mm, when they were above 19mm I triggered with 250 ovidrel, IUI (#1-3) 36 hours later. All resulting in negative pregnancy tests.
The nursing staff was excellent, Tiffany and Ashley both performed IUI’s for me and were kind and compassionate. The woman who did my baseline and follicle scans (who’s name I can’t remember) became a favorite of mine. She was honest and transparent and never missed my ovulation.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
We are self pay due to insurance not covering infertility. All totals are rounded. Initial consult was around $350, full blood panel was around $1,000, genetic testing was $650, HSG was $900, ultra sounds were $155 each ($1,395 total), clomid was $30 each cycle ($180 total), Ovidrel was $100 per vial ($300 total), IUIs were $350 each ($1,050 total). IVF consult will be $350. So in total we’ve paid $6,175 while under the care of doctor Yeko.
Describe Timothy Yeko's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
We have our consult for IVF scheduled this Monday 4/29 which is our 3 year wedding anniversary!
North Tampa

[Dr. McCormick is] a huge source of knowledge. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She’ll answer every single one with honesty... For IVF, we did the Antagonist Protocol (Gonal-F, Menopur and Cetrotide) with a Lupron Trigger. For my age, I had amazing results. 15 follicles produced 15 mature eggs. 13 out of the 15 eggs fertilized. 10 of those became 5 day blastocysts. Those embryos were sent for PGT-A testing which resulted in 2 healthy embryos. At my age, Dr McCormick was thrilled with those results.
The nursing staff [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] was amazing. All very caring and seemed genuinely invested in a good outcome for us. The IVF Coordinator and the ART Coordinators were amazing. I had constant access to information every step of the way...RMG will only do eSET. It’s less risky and yields better results...Strengths -timeliness of appointments -ease of appointment scheduling -friendly staff -financial coordinators willing to advocate on your behalf with insurance. I’ve worked with 3 out of the 4 offices locations. While South Tampa was my ”home base”, The staff at Clearwater and North Tampa were great too.
She’s very caring. We always felt like a person. She was easy to talk to and was so relatable. She was always very honest with us based on age and other factors. While she was honest, we never felt like she couldn’t help us. On the contrary, she gave us hope. She put our minds at ease. We believed in her and we achieved our goal.
She’s a huge source of knowledge. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She’ll answer every single one with honesty.
Dr McCormick is very personable. She was always very open and honest with my husband and I. She always made us felt at ease. We were never rushed. She spent as much time as we needed with her.
Our primary issue was mild male factor infertility. We were given the option to do either IUI or IVF. While she said that our chances were higher IVF, she understood my reservations. She never pushed. We started with Clomid 100mg first. I was an over responder and the cycle was cancelled due to a high risk of multiples. We did 3 other cycles of Femara at 2.5 mg. We were not successful. When we saw her for a consultation for next steps, she was very honest that IVF was the only option left to overcome to male factor issue. For IVF, we did the Antagonist Protocol (Gonal-F, Menopur and Cetrotide) with a Lupron Trigger. For my age, I had amazing results. 15 follicles produced 15 mature eggs. 13 out of the 15 eggs fertilized. 10 of those became 5 day blastocysts. Those embryos were sent for PGT-A testing which resulted in 2 healthy embryos. At my age, Dr McCormick was thrilled with those results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
The nursing staff was amazing. All very caring and seemed genuinely invested in a good outcome for us. The IVF Coordinator and the ART Coordinators were amazing. I had constant access to information every step of the way.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
We had insurance coverage for both IUI and IVF. Our insurance covered 80% of the cost of procedures. For IUI (including specimen collection and washing) it cost $45 per cycle. For IVF, our OOP costs including monitoring, bloodwork, surgery center, anesthesia and physician fees for both egg retrieval and embryo transfer was approximately $5,000.
RMG will only do eSET. It’s less risky and yields better results.
North Tampa

I have undergone 3 frozen embryo transfers [with Dr. Timothy Yeko] with day five embryos. I have done estridol and progesterone injections with each one. The second transfer we added baby aspirin and the third we added medrol. The third worked but ended up in miscarriage. For the transfers I took a Valium and did not have bedrest after...During consultations he takes his time to explain everything to you. He also listens to your suggestions...I have never once felt like a number to him and he is empathetic. I like how he tells it like it is and pulls no punches. I have been very happy and confident in his care even though I have not had success. He has definitely put me at ease and gives me hope.
Staff [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] is very attentive and knowledgeable. The secretaries are great and I can always get someone on the phone. I love the patient portal app my messages are always returned. The only weakness has been billing. Bills come in the mail then change price when I check out at the office. It’s been very confusing. Sometimes I owe and other times I have a credit...Staff has been nothing but wonderful. Amy [nurse] really talked me through my miscarriage and craziness. She has been a huge support and shoulder during this cray process...My only issue was with billing which was very confusing. Sometimes I would owe money and other times I would have a credit. I never knew what I was going to have to pay at appointments.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr Yeko makes me feel extremely comfortable as his patient. He takes his time with you and goes over every aspect of the IVF process. He is very personable and jokes to put you at easy during a very scary time. He is extremely knowledgeable about current research and has a very high success rate. Even his own nurse used him as her doctor. I have never once felt like a number to him and he is empathetic. I like how he tells it like it is and pulls no punches. I have been very happy and confident in his care even though I have not had success. He has definitely put me at ease and gives me hope.
He knows what he is talking about as he has many years of experience. Listen to him and submit to the process.
I have undergone 3 frozen embryo transfers with day five embryos. I have done estridol and progesterone injections with each one. The second transfer we added baby aspirin and the third we added medrol. The third worked but ended up in miscarriage. For the transfers I took a Valium and did not have bedrest after.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
Staff has been nothing but wonderful. Amy really talked me through my miscarriage and craziness. She has been a huge support and shoulder during this cray process.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Staff is very attentive and knowledgeable. The secretaries are great and I can always get someone on the phone. I love the patient portal app my messages are always returned. The only weakness has been billing. Bills come in the mail then change price when I check out at the office. It’s been very confusing. Sometimes I owe and other times I have a credit.
My Insurance covered treatments but not medications. Frozen embryo transfers were about $3K and meds $200. IVF $9K though I had hit my out of pocket max and only paid $1200 for freezing (not covered) and medications were $3500.
He recommends eSET which I agreed with. During my second and third transfers he did offer to do multiple but I declined.

2017 - 2019, Successful
You see Dr. McCormick on the important visits, you get the initial test results, and you discuss treatment options. Then the rest of the nurses and admin folks schedule and carry out the protocol. With unexplained infertility, we went decided to try Femara with the trigger shot and timed relations. After 4 rounds spaced out over 6 months, we were re-evaluated. Dr. McCormick laid out the options. We took our time making the decision to proceed with IVF. We were never pressured. The only deadline we were up against was having to redo initial testing. As an aging female, I understand the need to be re-evaluated.
She [nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group] was awesome! When you are having a vaginal US everyday, it is nice to have a great professional nurse. Debbie was fantastic. She was genuinely happy when I told her about my embryos, etc...When we attended the information session, the doctor...said he focuses on giving the couple a healthy baby. He told horrible stories about seeing people lose twins to premature birth...The office was very professional. The appointments were always on time, with very little waiting. They know that you could be spending a large amount of money, and they treat you as such. Everyone is patient and accommodating.
This is a long process.
I believe my US nurse was named Debbie. She was awesome! When you are having a vaginal US everyday, it is nice to have a great professional nurse. Debbie was fantastic. She was genuinely happy when I told her about my embryos, etc.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Strengths - Professional, on time, organized Weakness - friends at other practices have had a “counselor” type person they can contact (text, etc) at anytime during the IVF process. It would be nice to have this one point of contact.
When we attended the information session, the doctor (not Dr. McCormick) said he focuses on giving the couple a healthy baby. He told horrible stories about seeing people lose twins to premature birth. I did not ask to transfer multiple embryos. I wanted to maximize our chances for a healthy baby.
South Tampa
Dr. Yeko has been encouraging and honest during every visit. His honesty can come across as blunt but I would rather be told how it is. ... We did 3 IUI's with Clomid and a Triger shot 1 IVF Cycle, I primed with Birth Control. Stims included: Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, and a Trigger Shot Transfer, I am priming with weekly Estrogen shots and Progesterone shots
Every person I have spoken to [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] is compassionate. The biggest weakness I have noticed is they assume people might know all the resources available. Example they have a mentor program and this is something I learned on my own. I wish they would find a way to break down information and resources to people who are new to the infertility world. However this is a small concern overall. I find they are open to suggestions in improving their care to patients.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. Yeko has been encouraging and honest during every visit. His honesty can come across as blunt but I would rather be told how it is. He leaves me with hope that my husband and I will start a family in the future. There have been some challenges/ set backs but Even with the set backs, he has a plan to overcome them. He gives us options, leaving us feeling like we are in control of our treatment.
Write down all the questions you have and be sure to ask them. The visit can go fast . He has a lot of patients but during office visits with him, you have all of his attention. He will break things down in a way that can be hard to hear at times but do not take it personal. Remember, he is a great doctor and he does not avoid the stuff we do not want to talk about. Be honest as well. If you do not like something in your treatment plan or something you experienced, tell him. He is very caring and his end goal is to see you with a baby.
Dr. Yeko's office takes the time to answer all of my questions. The hard ones down to the simple questions. I am thankful for a clinic that takes time to make me feel like I am not alone. They always return calls and emails. The journey of infertility is hard, but the staff makes me feel like I am going to be okay in the journey.
The nursing staff is wonderful. My husband and I have had so many questions and they are patient and kind. There have been many times, I have called them to receive emotional support and they are not bothered at all. I am thankful for a team that does not see you as just a patient but a person.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
They are very caring and kind. They are understanding as well. I have had a few staff even open up about their own infertility struggles. The help you not feel alone in the journey of infertility. Every person I have spoken to is compassionate. The biggest weakness I have noticed is they assume people might know all the resources available. Example they have a mentor program and this is something I learned on my own. I wish they would find a way to break down information and resources to people who are new to the infertility world. However this is a small concern overall. I find they are open to suggestions in improving their care to patients.
No comments. Transfer is in 5 days.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
When he [Dr. Yeko] spoke with us, he was always willing to answer any question and did very good job explaining things in layman’s terms. He also provided a “why” if there was a process that he would not recommend (like ERA) and backed his decisions with logic and strong data. ... It was suggested that we get our embryos PGS tested. (Egg from donor, sperm from husband)
My only criticism would be at times it was hard to reach someone [Reproductive Med Grp] live, and when waiting for beta results, 2 out of the three times they did not call until after the promised time. ... Because they break up different parts of the treatment to different people, sometimes the handoff appeared to be a bit disjointed. However the staff was friendly, caring and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
He is knowledgeable and I feel confident in his abilities. There were a few times where an appointment was rushed, but in follow up visits I was able to reconcile any missing information. He maintained a positive attitude and when the miscarriage happened, he quickly scheduled a follow up debriefing appointment to help us know next steps.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Sometimes he may assume you know, so if you don’t, speak up.
When he spoke with us, he was always willing to answer any question and did very good job explaining things in layman’s terms. He also provided a “why” if there was a process that he would not recommend (like ERA) and backed his decisions with logic and strong data.
My first transfer was pretty typical. It was suggested that we get our embryos PGS tested. (Egg from donor, sperm from husband) We did a split donation and ended up with 8 mature eggs and 100% fertilization. 6 made it to say 5 blast and all 6 came back PGS normal. I was on birth control for 5 weeks while waiting for PGS results. Once I stopped, I started bi-weekly shots of delestrogen. 5 days prior to transfer I started daily PIO injections. Transfer went well, did first beta on day 8, second day 11 and 3rd day 13. Numbers were great. I started spotting in week 6, they brought me in for an additional beta for peace of mind and numbers were great! But a day later I was gushing blood and cramping. I went in for a sono and they clearly saw the gestational sac and it looked great. However a half hour after leaving the office, I passed a large pink/grey matter. A follow up sonogram revealed I lost the baby. There were no apparent reasons as to why.
Very compassionate and knowledgeable. My only criticism would be at times it was hard to reach someone live, and when waiting for beta results, 2 out of the three times they did not call until after the promised time.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Overall it is a great clinic. Because they break up different parts of the treatment to different people, sometimes the handoff appeared to be a bit disjointed. However the staff was friendly, caring and knowledgeable.
$16,000 for split donor cycle. $4,500 for FET.
I think his recommendation for single vs double made tons of sense!
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
For this current cycle, I just had a hysteroscopy with D&C to remove polyps left over from the miscarriage this summer. I was already on birth control. I was running out, so I called for a refill. The nurse checked with Doctor Yeko and found out I was supposed to cease birth control and start estrace. Had I not called I’m not sure when I would have been informed.
Brandon

Her demeanor is warm; she seems to truly care about me and remembers me and details about my personal fertility issues. ... Dr Goodman recommended that we try (3) IUIs first to see if we could have success. ... Unfortunately IUIs were not successful so Dr Goodman then said we should move to IVF. Because of my age we decided that PGS testing was the way to go.
I think it’s overwhelming as a new patient and they [The Repro Med Grp] seem to get that; the staff seems to genuinely want to help and they are warm and friendly. Everyone was knowledgeable when we had questions. We loved Heidi at the front desk and Danielle the Sono girl was so great. ...They were very good about communicating through the patient portal as well.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Her demeanor is warm; she seems to truly care about me and remembers me and details about my personal fertility issues. I’ve never felt pressured; she was clear about what she recommended but allowed me to feel comfortable in the decision.
Sometimes you may wait a little bit. Most of the visits she’s on time but a couple times she ran behind. The staff was really nice and gave me updates, so it was fine. What i like is that she gives me as much time as I need, too.
Dr. Goodman was kind and explained everything to me without being condescending. When I felt worried and unsure about our future success and felt discouraged, she was positive and explained our chances. She also connected me with the mentor program to get support.
Dr Goodman recommended that we try (3) IUIs first to see if we could have success. Due to cost this is what we decided to do. Unfortunately IUIs were not successful so Dr Goodman then said we should move to IVF. Because of my age we decided that PGS testing was the way to go. This required that we first go through a cycle to retrieve my eggs and then freeze all the embryos. We had them testing and ended up with 4 good embryos. I wanted to put in 2, but Dr Goodman told me that it’s better for me and for the sake of having a live birth with less complications to transfer one embryo, so we did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jennifer was our main nurse from Dr Goodman and then we dealt with the IVF team. Everyone seemed very caring and on top of everything. They were very good about communicating through the patient portal as well.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I think it’s overwhelming as a new patient and they seem to get that; the staff seems to genuinely want to help and they are warm and friendly. Everyone was knowledgeable when we had questions. We loved Heidi at the front desk and Danielle the Sono girl was so great. I would tell a new patient to trust their doctor and also to ask questions whenever they had them!
IUIs were about 1k each, IVF meds around 5k, IVF medical costs around 15k, PGS was about 5k or so. I probably spent 25k on IVF.
She seemed confident that putting in one embryo was the way to go and for us it worked!
North Tampa
Dr. McCormick is so knowledgeable, gentle and kind. So far, I have truly enjoyed the process with her, especially compared to the last group I was at....We are in the process of deciding to do IVF.... She has been such a good listener and explains things so well, when this can all feel so very overwhelming.... The office staff [Reproductive Med Group] is amazing. Dr. McCormick truly cares about you, and Dr. Goodman seems fantastic also.
Almost all the nurses [Reproductive Medicine Group] have been great. Just one or two seemed uninterested or annoyed at their day...Great locations convenient to all parts of town, there are 4 to pick from. Love that they have their own surgery center and the doctors and IVF conference they put on were incredible.... Costs were spelled out, since we do not have any insurance coverage for Fertility. HSG was $785. Appointments were around a couple hundred each time for bloodwork, consultation, etc. $150 for Semen Analysis. IVF was quoted at approx $26k for our situation.
We are in the process of deciding to do IVF. It is so expensive, and we are new to the area, with new jobs. So, our money situation has dropped significantly, but we have been battling infertility for 3 years now. She has been such a good listener and explains things so well, when this can all feel so very overwhelming.
Just ask questions, and she will answer them or get you to someone who can. She understands what we went through at our other clinic and is just so nice.
Dr. McCormick is so knowledgeable, gentle and kind. So far, I have truly enjoyed the process with her, especially compared to the last group I was at. The staff have followed up with me as well and have been great.
We are on the cusp of starting IVF if we can afford it. We do not have insurance that covers it.
Almost all the nurses have been great. Just one or two seemed uninterested or annoyed at their day, but I know that everyone has their own bad days too, so didn't look too much into it.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Great locations convenient to all parts of town, there are 4 to pick from. Love that they have their own surgery center and the doctors and IVF conference they put on were incredible. Be sure to ask a lot of questions for your own particular situation. The office staff is amazing. Dr. McCormick truly cares about you, and Dr. Goodman seems fantastic also.
They utilize eSET with frozen embryos at my age to protect myself and give a potential baby the best chance of birth.
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
[Dr. Yeko] did diagnostics treatment to see how many egg follicles I had, if there were any blocks in my Fallopian tubes. He knows my age is mid 40’s but initially recommended using my own eggs because I had the potential for 18 egg retrieval... almost double what normal 45 year olds would have. He went through stats and felt we had a potential of one normal PGS embryo if he was able to retrieve a full 18 eggs. But he was very realistic with us that It was a long shot and was up front on the cost. He also shared the very increased pojected success rate if we used donor eggs. In the end, we opted for donor eggs. It took a year to get matched
The biggest weakness [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] was The donor egg process. Trying to get call backs during the donor matching process is my only frustration. They never picked up the phone when I called and sometimes would be 2 -3 days before they returned a call. It toon over a year to get matched with a donor. I wished they were affiliated with egg banks to increase options for patients unable to use their own eggs. They also were the most disorganized part of the process... not knowing what I had or had not completed. (High risk obgyn appointment, counseling, etc.)
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr Yeko is a proven leader in the industry and it shows. He makes sure you have total understanding before ending an appointment. I never leave his office with any lingering questions. I can also say when I did have a miscarriage he was so wonderful and offered me tools/support I needed during this difficult time.
Ask questions. If you do not understand something, let him know. Let him know your ideal outcome, but also let him know what other options you would consider. Let him know your budget up front.
Dr Yeko was up front, listened to our ideal wishes and did a great job of being realistic, using data to support all options available to us with projected success rates and risk of costs. He did not push us one way or the other. He has the right balance of being positive while still keeping our emotions in check and letting us know of all possible outcomes. I like that he respects us enough to be honest. I feel he truly cares about our journey and success in this process.
Hey did diagnostics treatment to see how many egg follicles I had, if there were any blocks in my Fallopian tubes. He knows my age is mid 40’s but initially recommended using my own eggs because I had the potential for 18 egg retrieval... almost double what normal 45 year olds would have. He went through stats and felt we had a potential of one normal PGS embryo if he was able to retrieve a full 18 eggs. But he was very realistic with us that It was a long shot and was up front on the cost. He also shared the very increased pojected success rate if we used donor eggs. In the end, we opted for donor eggs. It took a year to get matched, and my donor just started her birth control pills last week and I should be transferring mid may. (Fingers crossed)
Very friendly, professional and showed they cared. From a simple blood draw to when I miscarried, they showed compassion in everything they did.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The biggest weakness was The donor egg process. Trying to get call backs during the donor matching process is my only frustration. They never picked up the phone when I called and sometimes would be 2 -3 days before they returned a call. It toon over a year to get matched with a donor. I wished they were affiliated with egg banks to increase options for patients unable to use their own eggs. They also were the most disorganized part of the process... not knowing what I had or had not completed. (High risk obgyn appointment, counseling, etc.)
Still in process, but spent $14500 for donor process (just started) and this will be a shared donor. If I got all eggs would have been $8k more. PGS is expected to run $3k, transfer $4k and meds of $600 - $800.
He is very transparent and vocal about single embryo transfer. He showed how transfering 2 or more only increases success of pregnancy minimally while increasing chances of complications if multiples substantially. He also said with my advanced age he would not feel comfortable recommending transferring anything but one. He presented this with a lot of facts and statistics to back up his concerns and truly seems to have my best interest at heart. He is more concerned with my safety than the success rate of his facility. I love that.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Just during the donor matching process they did not know results from high risk obgyn appointment. I had to follow up a few times before they were able to confirm information had been received.
Brandon
Dr. Sandy Goodman is very compassionate in the way she explains each concern and process. I've never felt lost after seeing her because she explains each treatment or surgery in complete details. The day of my surgery after being diagnosed with Endometriosis she did an excellent job with the actual surgery with only having one excision which is amazing. She's easy to talk to without judgement and is truly concerned in regards to your overall health with pregnancy.
The front staff at the north tampa office [of The Reproductive Medicine Group] is super nice and I've never had a bad attitude from any of them. They are very helpful whenever I needed something, which is hard to come by these days. The doctors are crazy packed so I guess as soon as you know you need to come in call for an appointment. I haven't had any issues yet because they know when things are time sensitive you need to come in and they will make room
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Overall she is a great doctor and person. She is very straightforward which is what I love.
As a 28 year old seeking out a fertility specialist I had no idea what to expect especially after suffering 4 previous miscarriages. I never thought I would be in the position I am in today, but after seeking professional help at the Reproductive Medicine Group I can now say that I am confident in the medical team to fulfill my dreams of being a mom. The medical staff and Dr. Sandy Goodman are compassionate everytime I've walked into their office. I've never felt like my questions and concerns were ignored or overlooked.
I am not quiet there yet. I had to have laparoscopic surgery to remove my Endometriosis so I am now finally able to start the IVF process. I am actually starting in the next week with the birth control pills once I get my menses and will be meeting with their ART department with my schedule so i wont know more until then. I am fully confident in their professional experience to have a healthy pregnancy.
The nursing staff has been great thus far. I always get a returned call back usually within the same day or next. They always answer all my questions in a timely manner without making me feel like I'm a bothersome.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
My experience this far is nothing but great reviews. The front staff at the north tampa office is super nice and I've never had a bad attitude from any of them. They are very helpful whenever I needed something, which is hard to come by these days. The doctors are crazy packed so I guess as soon as you know you need to come in call for an appointment. I haven't had any issues yet because they know when things are time sensitive you need to come in and they will make room.
Well my insurance paid for the diagnostic procedures prior to infertility treatments. I had copays so that wasnt too bad. My insurance doesnt cover IVF so that was definitely a harsh hit but it did cover my medications so I had some relief. I already knew that going into the appointment so I wasnt shocked.
I actually just spoke to my doctor about this because with the cost of IVF being so high I was confused if we should be doing one or two embryos. But she reassured me that the odds are just as high with doing one verses two. Plus she wants to make sure that I have a healthy pregnancy since there's a high chance on one of the embryos splitting causing me to have triplets if I elect to do two embryos which then increases my health and the babies.
North Tampa
Dr. McCormick was super professional yet very welcoming. After my initial consultation where all of my testing and blood work was ordered, Dr. McCormick sat down with me and took the time to go over every result. She explained what she thought was my best option to start with but also gave me other options that may work if I did not want to proceed with medications. I felt very taken care of!
One of my favorite things about this practice [RMG- Tampa] is their Patient Portal with app capabilities. I am able to see all of my results, appointment reminders, bills due and even message withe the staff (they are always quick to respond!). I usually show up to my ultrasound appointments 30 minutes to an hour early and they almost ALWAYS take me right back. Everyone is very welcoming, beginning at the front desk. I think the only weakness I would say is I had to wait 3 weeks for my initial consultation, I wish I could have gotten in sooner but other than that everything has been perfect so far
Dr. McCormick was very professional, had an amazing bedside manner and informative. I felt like I was in good hands from the moment I first walked in to the office and every appointment after. She did not pressure me to choose a certain path but was confident in her recommendations.
Schedule now, don't wait!
I was previously treated by an ob/gyn that was trained in "super ovulation" and IUIs. I went to her for about a year and had a total of 6 very painful IUIs. She would never give an reasoning for my treatment or the medications she wanted me to take and it almost felt like she was guessing. I regret waiting so long to establish with Dr. McCormick at RMG. Dr. McCormick told me at my consultation she did not think I was quite at the IVF stage (my previous doctor had recommended) since my past IUIs were so painful and my left tube was closed. My previous doctor was not monitoring my follicles prior to any of my IUIs either. She started me with Femara 5mg CD 3-7 and Ovidrel trigger shot. I have had 2 PAIN-FREE IUIs with a confirmed mature follicle on the right side (yayyy) but unfortunately both resulted in big fat negatives. I currently have a consultation scheduled with Dr. McCormick in early October to discuss IVF.
The nursing staff is always pleasant and well prepared. I feel every question I have asked was answered in full and I was never left wondering about anything! This is a very tedious and technical process to go through with hundreds of potential questions and scenarios. The nursing staff is well educated and takes care of their patients.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
One of my favorite things about this practice is their Patient Portal with app capabilities. I am able to see all of my results, appointment reminders, bills due and even message withe the staff (they are always quick to respond!). I usually show up to my ultrasound appointments 30 minutes to an hour early and they almost ALWAYS take me right back. Everyone is very welcoming, beginning at the front desk. I think the only weakness I would say is I had to wait 3 weeks for my initial consultation, I wish I could have gotten in sooner but other than that everything has been perfect so far.
Everything goes towards my deductible so I have had to pay for everything out of pocket.
North Tampa
Overall she [Dr. McCormick] is a good doctor and we achieved the results we wanted and will do another transfer...She was very kind but not as direct of a communicator as I would like. Additionally we were not aware of her scheduled vacation during our treatment and had to postpone transfer because of it... I was also never told that IVF babies are at a higher risk of heart abnormalities until I was sent to a specialist during my pregnancy. I would have liked to known this up front.
The clinic [The Reproductive Medicine Group] was great. My only wish would be to open one in St Pete as they are only in the Tampa side of town. The retrieval clinic was clean and well run and the nurses for my retrieval were amazing...They [nurses] were all caring and wonderful. I couldn’t have asked for a better staff...Overall she [Dr. McCormick] is a good doctor and we achieved the results we wanted and will do another transfer
She was very kind but not as direct of a communicator as I would like. Additionally we were not aware of her scheduled vacation during our treatment and had to postpone transfer because of it. To speed up the process we ultimately had Dr. Tarantino perform our transfer. This still pushed my son’s birthday into Jan of the next year, costing us over $5k of additional medical expenses. I was also never told that IVF babies are at a higher risk of heart abnormalities until I was sent to a specialist during my pregnancy. I would have liked to known this up front. Overall she is a good doctor and we achieved the results we wanted and will do another transfer.
More direct communication and provide medical details when reviewing recommendations and test results. Many women do extensive research on he IVF process and want to know the specifics of their hormone levels, number of follicles, etc. Don’t assume we don’t understand this info.
Dr McCormick was very kind
I don’t remember all the specifics. But I think I took menopur and gonal-f then added cetrotide towards then end. I can’t remember my trigger shot
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
They were all caring and wonderful. I couldn’t have asked for a better staff.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic was great. My only wish would be to open one in St Pete as they are only in the Tampa side of town. The retrieval clinic was clean and well run and the nurses for my retrieval were amazing.
We spent over $30k for our IVF treatment. This includes medicine but excludes the several thousands we spent on IUIs before that.
I was comfortable with my doctors approach
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Goodman is very straight to the point and does not beat around the bush. On my first visit she told me I needed to lose a specific amount of weight for treatment to have a better chance of success. She said this without judgment or meanness, but rather as a fact of treatment. I completely agreed with her assessment and felt she was willing to have a potentially difficult conversation with me because it was in the best interest of my treatment.
This clinic [Reproductive Med Group] is all strength. They work with you on appointment times, will call multiple places to get you the best price on prescriptions, will answer all your questions and generally be on your side every step of the way. The only weakness is that certain treatments can only be done at the Fletcher location, which can be far for certain patients.... The nurses were so gentle with my fragile emotions and so helpful with all my many questions. I know I can all at anytime and get a quick, professional response from a knowledgeable source.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Be prepared to hear the good, bad and ugly because Dr. Goodman is willing to do whatever it takes to get the result you want.
Dr. Goodman recognized me as an individual at every step of the way. She came into the first consultation with complete knowledge of my medical history and issues. She was warm, friendly, and confident in her assessment of my case. I feel confident in her knowledge and secure in her treatment.
We had surgery to remove cysts, then fertility treatment with IUI. The rationale is that the cysts were pressing on my Fallopian tubes and removal plus fertility treatments would help. As of right now they have not been successful but I have high hopes that our next cycle would be a winner!
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
This clinic is all strength. They work with you on appointment times, will call multiple places to get you the best price on prescriptions, will answer all your questions and generally be on your side every step of the way. The only weakness is that certain treatments can only be done at the Fletcher location, which can be far for certain patients.
I found costs to be much more reasonable than I expected. I do have insurance to help me, but my out-of-pocket costs were much less than the national average.
Brandon

My issue is related to anovulation due to amenorrhea, so Dr. Yeko recommended (up to 3 rounds of) clomid to induce a period. When all three rounds failed and my hormone levels fell even lower, he changed his plan of action to go straight to IVF...Dr. Yeko spent a lot of time with us and treated our situation as an individual case... not just a "typical" infertility issue. He did not sugar-coat my diagnosis, but encouraged us to try another option when the first one failed. He thoroughly answered any questions that we had and we felt very comfortable with him and his staff!
Great clinic [Repro Medicine Group - Tampa] all around! Highly recommend the S Tampa office!...Every nurse that we met and our coordinator were all extremely pleasant and compassionate towards us....Unfortunately, we have to go with one of the most expensive options of IVF and our insurance doesn't cover most of it! I believe our projected cost is about 25K...He [Dr. Yeko] thoroughly answered any questions that we had and we felt very comfortable with him and his staff!
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. Yeko was very comforting and took his time going over our results and explaining everything with us. He treated us like an individual case, not a "typical infertility issue" and we felt confident in his recommendations and plan of action.
Let Dr. Yeko know your level of readiness and eagerness to have a baby. Once he knew how eager we were, he sped up the process for us!
My issue is related to anovulation due to amenorrhea, so Dr. Yeko recommended (up to 3 rounds of) clomid to induce a period. When all three rounds failed and my hormone levels fell even lower, he changed his plan of action to go straight to IVF since my husband and I are so eager to have our first baby. I have another appointment this week to start the IVF process!
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Great clinic all around! Highly recommend the S Tampa office!
Dr. Yeko recommends eSET since my husband and I are "still young" (30 years old) and will have a high chance of success with eSET.
North Tampa

The staff [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] is kind and show empathy toward me-they seem to understand the difficulty of going through infertility. They recognize that each visit means that I have suffered another failure. I feel like they are part of my support system during this struggle, not just my healthcare team.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr Yeko is a good communicator-he provided an overwhelming amount of information, but he made notes and diagrams for me to take home to give me chance to process everything. My two consults with him have not seemed hurried and he gave me a chance to ask questions. I have not encountered him at my ultrasound appointments or by five IUIs. I have been told that at least some patients with another doctor at this practice were seen, even briefly, by her doctor every visit, whether it was an ultrasound or the IUI. I do not know whether or not I would be more successful if Dr Yeko "popped in" for every ultrasound and performed all my IUIs, but it might help a new patient when choosing a doctor.
Bring a friend to your consults-I did that after going to my initial consult and I was so overwhelmed by all the information. I brought my best friend and my mom to the second consult and it was helpful to have extra ears and them to ask questions I did not think of.
Dr Yeko talked to me, not at me. He took time for our consults; I did not feel like they were rushed.
Prior to switching to Dr Yeko, I had a HSG, multiple blood panels, saline sonogram and a laproscopic tube study; all results were within norms for my age. I had six IUI cycles with clomid and HcG injections to stimulate ovulation with two pregnancies and three miscarriages (twins). After the sixth IUI without a viable pregnancy, I decided that a new doctor might be the change I needed. I switched to Dr Yeko. He reviewed my treatment course to that point, explained IVF as an option, and ordered an additional blood panel, karyotyping for genetic problems, and prescribed femara instead of clomid. Those tests were also normal. I had three IUIs with this course without a positive preganacy test. I had a follow up consult with him at this point where he reviewed IVF but also stated that based on all the information we had, I was "normal, but unlucky." Some women might not like that assessment, but I appreciated the candor and knowing that there wasn't a medical impediment to me successfully conceiving. Based on me being "normal," he told me it would not be unreasonable to continue with IUI "at least a few more times" if I was not ready to advance to IVF. I elected to continue with IUI and he ordered an increase to my femara and a therapeutic HSG to make sure my tubes were patent for my next attempts. I have had another two IUIs without a positive test and plan to have my sixth IUI under Dr Yeko's care (12th overall) next month.
The staff is kind and show empathy toward me-they seem to understand the difficulty of going through infertility. They recognize that each visit means that I have suffered another failure. I feel like they are part of my support system during this struggle, not just my healthcare team.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I have been to the South and North Tampa offices and both are pleasant, clean, organized, and parking is ample. The South Tampa office is housed in an old, drab medical building next to Memorial Hospital, but their office suites are updated and comfortable. I have never waited more than 10 minutes to be seen, even when I once mistook my appointment time and arrived late.
Consults cost me $60 (specialist copay). Each ultrasound is $155, each IUI is $200, my mail order HcG injection is $100, and a pharmacy discount card gets me my femara for $12 at WalMArt. I order my specimens from Xytex. They cost just over $1000 each, including shipping and taxes. None is covered by insurance. My insurance did cover my bloodwork and therapuetic HSG.
not applicable

2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr. McCormick was thoughtful, kind, soft spoken, and really willing to listen to me and my concerns instead of sort of talking over me or treating me as if I didn't have any idea what I was talking about, as I feel a lot of doctors in this profession do. I really enjoyed working with her. And it did feel more like a partnership, which was awesome...Since my tests came back okay I wanted to try the IUIs a few times with no fertility drugs and just timing my ovulation. I could tell that she wasn't super hopeful about option, but she agreed.
I had a hard time getting anyone [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] to listen to me about the uterine lining issue I experienced. Given my successful results once I was no longer on the clomid, I believe it was a big issue for me and I had a hard time getting someone to care or listen (this was primarily techs or nurses I was dealing with at this point). they also didn't inform me of the risks of taking the medication over prolonged periods, which I wish had been explained.
I would say that I think she really tried to work with you and listen to you, so if you have a concern or an idea, to bring it up to her.
I wasn't always thrilled with her staff, as sometimes they felt dismissive. But Dr. McCormick herself was always very thoughtful in her approach, she felt like she was really listening to you as an individual, not just a generic female fertility patient. She also allowed me to make choices for my care that were not necessarily her first choice, but she was willing to honor what I felt would be best (and as it turned out, I was right in my case).
In my case, our issue was male factor infertility. My test results all came back okay so our first plan of action was to try IUI. Dr. McCormick said I could try without any fertility drugs and just time my cycle, or, as she was recommending, we could use clomid, etc., for a better result. She was definitely in favor of this option, so I agreed to try that. We had four cycles of clomid/IUI that were failures. From what I could tell, the clomid made me push out extra eggs but thinned out my uterine lining so much that nothing could implant. I can't say 100% what the problem but I believe that was it. So Dr. McCormick was going to recommend we try another type of drug, but I was reluctant to do that. Since my tests came back okay I wanted to try the IUIs a few times with no fertility drugs and just timing my ovulation. I could tell that she wasn't super hopeful about option, but she agreed. I really respected that she listened to my concerns and allowed me to pursue what I thought was best for me. And that first IUI without any fertility drugs resulted in my first child! It was so wonderful. When it came time to try for a sibling, I re-took all the fertility tests and things came back okay, so I again told her I would like to try IUI with no fertility drugs, since that worked last time. She agreed, and the first try was successful again and resulted in my second child! So thankful to them, because without them I wouldn't have this beautiful family.
The nurse who performed the actual IUI was very nice, although it was pretty painful every time but one. The staff at the North Tampa office were all very welcoming and nice. Some of the staff at the Clearwater office could be pretty dismissive. In particular was a technician who would perform the ultrasounds to see how many eggs were maturing, but I believe she no longer works there. The people in the front office were generally pretty friendly and nice to deal with it. There was a male technician who worked in the lab there in the office who was a little rude to me. It's just tough in that situation because you're so stressed and worried, and this is the thing you want more than anything else in the world, so when someone is less than kind, it stings.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Overall, the clinics are nice and the staff is friendly, particularly at the north Tampa office. At times I found some members of the staff to be dismissive or impatient, and that can be unpleasant. but overall they were professional and kind.
Almost all of my testing was covered by insurance. Then they carefully explained the costs of the procedures to me, which were not covered. It was very clear.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I had a hard time getting anyone to listen to me about the uterine lining issue I experienced. Given my successful results once I was no longer on the clomid, I believe it was a big issue for me and I had a hard time getting someone to care or listen (this was primarily techs or nurses I was dealing with at this point). they also didn't inform me of the risks of taking the medication over prolonged periods, which I wish had been explained.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
From day of this process she [Dr. Goodman] has been honest and upfront with us regarding our care and possible results. The first question we (my husband and myself) are asked at every appointment is "how are you doing? physically and emotionally?". She understands my need for research and has been happy to answer any and all questions I have asked and even pointed me in the right direction when I said more research was necessary to make me comfortable. At no point have my husband or I ever felt judged or mistreated by her or any of the staff...
The clinic is standard [at Repro Med Grp - N Tampa]. They keep the cute and fluffy to a minimum...The staff has been wonderful. They answer every question we have and show a sincere concern for our health and well being...The monitoring was a well-oiled machine. Hours were int he morning before work. Wait times were kept to a minimum...
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Our problem was very specific. Dr. Goodman did not sugar coat the news when she saw my diagnosis. She explained in detail the problems that we would face and the difficulty ahead. She also explained her treatment, success, and failures with previous patients with the same diagnosis. After the first cycle failed to produce any viable embryos she sat down with us and explained my condition was even more severe than she had anticipated. She was very honest that we could try again but there was no guarantee the results would change. Through out this entire process, I never felt any pressure from her to make decisions. She wanted us to take out time and feel comfortable with what we were deciding.
Ask questions. The more knowledge you have the more power you have and the easier it is for her to work with you in coming up with a treatment plan.
I cannot say enough kind words about Dr. Goodman. From day of this process she has been honest and upfront with us regarding our care and possible results. The first question we (my husband and myself) are asked at every appointment is "how are you doing? physically and emotionally?". She understands my need for research and has been happy to answer any and all questions I have asked and even pointed me in the right direction when I said more research was necessary to make me comfortable. At no point have my husband or I ever felt judged or mistreated by her or any of the staff.
I suffer from stage 4 endometriosis and ovarian cysts. Because this diagnosis was not made until I was in my 30's, there is extensive damage to my ovaries. I was not a candidate for any treatment other than IVF. For both my cycles we have used the Ganarelix protocol. cycle 1 produce 14 eggs of which 12 fertilized but only 1 matured to blastocyst. We are using PGS screening and that 1 blastocyst was found to be missing a chromosome. After the unsuccessful first cycle the dosage of my meds was upped in the hope of producing viable embryos. The second cycle was more successful. We had 19 eggs and in the end were able to send 6 blastocyst samples to be screened with 4 coming back as genetically perfect. At this time we are in the process of begiing injections to let to our 1st transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is standard. They keep the cute and fluffy to a minimum. There are encouraging pictures and quotes on the walls throughout. I appreciate the clinic is not filled with pictures of the babies they have helped conceive. The last thing most of us want if for other people's success to be shoved in our faces during this difficult time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
North Tampa

Dr. Goodman has a heart of gold. She always talked to me like a friend. She always was aware of my facial expressions and could tell if I was not understanding something she was saying. Dr. Goodman always spoke in a soft gentle tone and would go over everything from the beginning each visit and ask if anything changed from visit to visit.... We used clomid early on, and after we got a positive pregnancy test we tracked my progesterone levels, to ensure they are where they should be.
The clinic [Reproductive Medicine Group] is very welcoming. From the time you walk in to the moment you leave you will always feel like your home. There are many items to read and if you want a distraction there's always something playing softly on the tv to keep your mind at ease.... The nursing staff was amazing. Everyone showed compassion and concern for each patient. They all had a great connection and remembered everything about me and my treatment.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Go in with an open mind and all you knowledge of your past history, both for yourself, your spouse and both family sides. Dont be afraid to ask questions or to have questions written down for your first appointment.
Dr. Goodman sat and talked with me like a friend. She was very compassionate and considerate of my feeling and emotions. She always took time with me during my appointments and I never felt like she was rushing me.
We used clomid early on, and after we got a positive pregnancy test we tracked my progesterone levels, to ensure they are where they should be. When we were noticing the levels not being there she prescribed me progesterone vaginal injections for a daily basis and then she would continue to check my levels and monitoring of our little baby.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is very welcoming. From the time you walk in to the moment you leave you will always feel like your home. There are many items to read and if you want a distraction there's always something playing softly on the tv to keep your mind at ease.
2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Yeko explained my condition, my odds of getting pregnant, and all of my options in a very clear manner. I was very educated and informed about fertility treatments beforehand, so I didn't want anyone to sugarcoat things for me. I needed him to give it to me straight and he did that. But he was also VERY optimistic and gave me even more hope than what I had...I felt I could trust him because he was not pushing me to do the most expensive thing...
I honestly can't think of any weaknesses [at Repro Med Grp - Brandon]. They were all kind and compassionate and knowledgeable. I never had problems with billing and never had to wait very long at my appointment...They were all so kind and knowledgeable. For the actual inseminations, I typically requested that Kristin be my nurse. She was very experienced and SO SO positive. She actually made the experience pleasant. All staff were excellent when I called with questions and all were willing to work with me on anything I asked for...
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
While I ended up getting pregnant on a natural cycle while taking a break from IUI, I was SO GRATEFUL to Dr. Yeko. After 5 failed IUIs and one IUI that resulted in a chemical pregnancy, he was diligent in determining why I only had one success and had a plan moving forward that did NOT require IVF though he answered all of my IVF questions as I was the one getting impatient. I felt I could trust him because he was not pushing me to do the most expensive thing. He remained very realistic and optimistic which was what I needed. It is worth mentioning that I have a friend who saw Dr. Yeko and she had really bad egg quality with the only solution being egg donation (she also got 2nd and 3rd donations) and she was very disappointed with Dr. Yeko's bedside manner in delivering this news to her. For my 2 years of secondary unexplained infertility, I felt Dr. Yeko was PERFECT, but based on her experience, he may not be great for those in more dire infertility situations.
Dr. Yeko will give you straight answers. If your situation is optimistic, he will be even more optimistic than you are! If your situation is not good, he is realistic and straight-forward.
for IUI I believe I went in on CD3 for a sonogram and to get my Femara Rx. On CD11, i went in for another sonogram to make sure I had at least one good follicle for release and they would tell me when I could take my HCG shot (at home) and schedule the IUI. The BEST part was that my husband could provide his sample at home and I could bring it to the lab a few hours before the IUI. This convenience was great for us. Of the 6 IUIs that I had, only two took place when I had follicles on my right side and one of those IUIs resulted in a chemical pregnancy. I was ready to move on to IVF (impatient), but Dr. Yeko pointed out that I may have a slight tube blockage on the left side (my dye test showed that my left side took much longer to clear the dye), so moving forward, he would treat me as if I had a blocked tube so we would only inseminate during cycles where I had follicles on the right side. My husband and I were very pleased with this course of action as something to try before moving forward with much more complicated and expensive treatments.
I was in love with them! They were all so kind and knowledgeable. For the actual inseminations, I typically requested that Kristin be my nurse. She was very experienced and SO SO positive. She actually made the experience pleasant. All staff were excellent when I called with questions and all were willing to work with me on anything I asked for. They were wonderful at every step of the way.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I honestly can't think of any weaknesses. They were all kind and compassionate and knowledgeable. I never had problems with billing and never had to wait very long at my appointment.
Luckily, my insurance covered unlimited IUIs. With insurance, I believe I paid about $200 for each IUI.
Brandon

I feel Dr Goodman listens to my concerns as a patient and addresses them. She clearly defines the treatment process and expectations. She went over treatment options and is conservative with treatment plans.... As a single woman going thru fertility treatments I was nervous as to how I would be treated or judged. I have never felt judged by the clinic or staff and instead feel supported.
The clinic [Reproductive Medicine Group] is great. The staff is very helpful and the location is always clean and well maintained. The appointments also run close to the scheduled time which is great. They've also helped me locate pharmacies that offer lower costs for the medications I'm ordering and that's great for my wallet.... The nursing staff is always friendly and helpful. They are all wonderful and I enjoy interacting with them.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Be honest about what you want and what you want to avoid.
First we did diagnostic testing to see my ovarian reserves and egg quality. We did multiple ultrasounds to see if my ovaries were at the right stages. They tested my tubes with dye for blockages abs went over the results. I completed 2 unsuccessful IUIs that involved medication. At this point I'm moving onto IVF treatment.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is great. The staff is very helpful and the location is always clean and well maintained. The appointments also run close to the scheduled time which is great. They've also helped me locate pharmacies that offer lower costs for the medications I'm ordering and that's great for my wallet.
The IUIs were covered by insurance but I'm waiting to see what portion is covered for IVF.
She was firm that I would only receive one embryo transfer during IVF. She stated this us for the benefit of the mother and baby. It's better to be conservative then aggressive and face problems.