612 Medical Care Drive
Tampa, FL 33617
2919 Swann Ave
Tampa, FL 33609
813-870-3553

I have undergone 3 frozen embryo transfers [with Dr. Timothy Yeko] with day five embryos. I have done estridol and progesterone injections with each one. The second transfer we added baby aspirin and the third we added medrol. The third worked but ended up in miscarriage. For the transfers I took a Valium and did not have bedrest after...During consultations he takes his time to explain everything to you. He also listens to your suggestions...I have never once felt like a number to him and he is empathetic. I like how he tells it like it is and pulls no punches. I have been very happy and confident in his care even though I have not had success. He has definitely put me at ease and gives me hope.
Staff [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] is very attentive and knowledgeable. The secretaries are great and I can always get someone on the phone. I love the patient portal app my messages are always returned. The only weakness has been billing. Bills come in the mail then change price when I check out at the office. It’s been very confusing. Sometimes I owe and other times I have a credit...Staff has been nothing but wonderful. Amy [nurse] really talked me through my miscarriage and craziness. She has been a huge support and shoulder during this cray process...My only issue was with billing which was very confusing. Sometimes I would owe money and other times I would have a credit. I never knew what I was going to have to pay at appointments.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr Yeko makes me feel extremely comfortable as his patient. He takes his time with you and goes over every aspect of the IVF process. He is very personable and jokes to put you at easy during a very scary time. He is extremely knowledgeable about current research and has a very high success rate. Even his own nurse used him as her doctor. I have never once felt like a number to him and he is empathetic. I like how he tells it like it is and pulls no punches. I have been very happy and confident in his care even though I have not had success. He has definitely put me at ease and gives me hope.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
He knows what he is talking about as he has many years of experience. Listen to him and submit to the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Describe the protocols Timothy Yeko used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
I have undergone 3 frozen embryo transfers with day five embryos. I have done estridol and progesterone injections with each one. The second transfer we added baby aspirin and the third we added medrol. The third worked but ended up in miscarriage. For the transfers I took a Valium and did not have bedrest after.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
Staff has been nothing but wonderful. Amy really talked me through my miscarriage and craziness. She has been a huge support and shoulder during this cray process.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Staff is very attentive and knowledgeable. The secretaries are great and I can always get someone on the phone. I love the patient portal app my messages are always returned. The only weakness has been billing. Bills come in the mail then change price when I check out at the office. It’s been very confusing. Sometimes I owe and other times I have a credit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
My Insurance covered treatments but not medications. Frozen embryo transfers were about $3K and meds $200. IVF $9K though I had hit my out of pocket max and only paid $1200 for freezing (not covered) and medications were $3500.
Describe Timothy Yeko's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
He recommends eSET which I agreed with. During my second and third transfers he did offer to do multiple but I declined.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group.

2017 - 2019, Successful
You see Dr. McCormick on the important visits, you get the initial test results, and you discuss treatment options. Then the rest of the nurses and admin folks schedule and carry out the protocol. With unexplained infertility, we went decided to try Femara with the trigger shot and timed relations. After 4 rounds spaced out over 6 months, we were re-evaluated. Dr. McCormick laid out the options. We took our time making the decision to proceed with IVF. We were never pressured. The only deadline we were up against was having to redo initial testing. As an aging female, I understand the need to be re-evaluated.
She [nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group] was awesome! When you are having a vaginal US everyday, it is nice to have a great professional nurse. Debbie was fantastic. She was genuinely happy when I told her about my embryos, etc...When we attended the information session, the doctor...said he focuses on giving the couple a healthy baby. He told horrible stories about seeing people lose twins to premature birth...The office was very professional. The appointments were always on time, with very little waiting. They know that you could be spending a large amount of money, and they treat you as such. Everyone is patient and accommodating.
How was your experience with Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
This is a long process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I believe my US nurse was named Debbie. She was awesome! When you are having a vaginal US everyday, it is nice to have a great professional nurse. Debbie was fantastic. She was genuinely happy when I told her about my embryos, etc.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Strengths - Professional, on time, organized Weakness - friends at other practices have had a “counselor” type person they can contact (text, etc) at anytime during the IVF process. It would be nice to have this one point of contact.
Describe Betsy McCormick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
When we attended the information session, the doctor (not Dr. McCormick) said he focuses on giving the couple a healthy baby. He told horrible stories about seeing people lose twins to premature birth. I did not ask to transfer multiple embryos. I wanted to maximize our chances for a healthy baby.
South Tampa

The key issues I had included: lack of transparency, inflexible/nonsensical policies, use of a cookie cutter clinical approach, no physician interaction outside of major procedures, and Dr. Goodman's terrible bedside manner...Don't expect to see your doctor or any doctor during most of your visits...She has a cold demeanor and is outright condescending when you ask too many questions...Dr. Goodman will not transfer more than 1 embryo and will not transfer mosaics.
The office staff was the one saving grace for RMG. They were kind, had great follow-up, and very responsive. They regularly provided information through the patient portal. I really liked the use of the patient portal because that allowed me to go back and reference directives given to me after my ultrasounds...Strengths: office staff Weaknesses: accessibility of doctors, use of technicians versus doctors in appointments, won't accommodate schedule of a busy professional, won't share information, not told gender of embryos, processes cause significant delays in care
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I would not recommend Reproductive Medicine Group or Dr. Goodman to anyone. I have since moved my care and money to a new practice. My experiences with RMG consisted of 2 IUIs (1 resulted in a chemical pregnancy), 1 retrieval and 1 failed embryo transfer. The key issues I had included: lack of transparency, inflexible/nonsensical policies, use of a cookie cutter clinical approach, no physician interaction outside of major procedures, and Dr. Goodman's terrible bedside manner. Lack of Transparency: Don't expect to see your doctor or any doctor during most of your visits. The techs that complete all your monitoring visits are not allowed to tell you anything and that includes potential number of eggs or share any information about the thickness of your lining for your FET. Someone from another department will call you before the end of the day with next steps. You will not be told the gender of your embryos either which I knew going in and dealt with. I foolishly thought this was all standard practice across all fertility clinics but I learned it is not. In contrast, my new doctor shares and educates me throughout the ENTIRE process. There is a monitor directly in front of me so he can point and count the eggs with me. He ensures I know what to expect before each retrieval. Dr. Goodman told me that they will not share this information (reminder: this is about your own body) because they don't want to create unrealistic expectations. So, they choose to keep you completely in the dark. Inflexible/Nonsensical Policies: You will waste a lot of precious time if you embark on your IVF journey with this clinic. RMG refuses to complete the long list of to-dos concurrently. As an example, they have to get all your results before they will let you sign consent forms which they require you to do with Dr. Goodman who has very limited availability. By the time your results come in, they give you an appointment 2-4 weeks away because Dr. Goodman is booked. The office staff insists it is some kind of law that the doctor is present at the consent signing even though she is there for 1 minute to ask if you have any questions before a nurse comes in to help you fill out the forms. I consistently faced delays in care due to her schedule. I understand that doctors are busy but this was ridiculous. I had to wait 4 months between my retrieval and FET due to all the administrative hurdles RMG created. I can't even count how many times I heard,"Dr. Goodman doesn't see patients on Fridays" or "Dr. Goodman is on vacation". On the other hand, my current doctor provides me with his cell number, works weekends and expects me to text or call him if I have questions. THAT is what I expect when I pay $12k-$15k for a medical service and you should expect that too. The Cookie Cutter Approach: I do not feel that Dr. Goodman did or advised on anything that was clinically incorrect and that is based on follow-up questions I asked my new doctor just to see if his answers differ. However, it feels like she uses a standard copy/paste approach for her patients. I was a fast stim for my egg retrieval and she never bothered to adjust my medications to slow the growth and to obtain higher quality eggs. It felt like she set the protocol in the beginning and let it run with no additional follow-up. My 2nd and 3rd retrieval (not with RMG) consisted of a lot more medication tweaking which yielded higher quality embryos. Limited/No Physician Interaction: I rarely saw Dr. Goodman and never spoke to her on the phone. Of all the appointments I had, I saw her for the initial consult, saline ultrasound, 1 FET and 2 follow-up appointments after the IUI failed and the FET failed. She did not do my retrieval or either of my IUIs. I believe their IUIs are always done by nurses. For the retrieval, Dr. Goodman was again not available so this was done by another doctor. Techs complete all the ultrasounds for your retrieval and FET prep. If you're lucky, you may catch your doctor breezing by you in the hallway. If you have questions, you will need to call the office and talk to a nurse. I've never had Dr. Goodman answer any of my questions unless she is sitting right in front of me. Bedside Manner: I don't need a therapist but I also need my doctor to understand how difficult the infertility road is and that I have a lot of questions floating around in my head. There were several occasions when she was outright condescending. One of her responses that I will never forget is when she said, "I can't be here all day going over all these scenarios with you". That was in response to my many questions about what comes next and when. At the end of the day, I should have done more research so shame on me for not doing it. If you want to be valued like a human being, 100% clued into what they are doing to your body and what is happening to it then this is not the practice for you. Believe me when I say, you can find better care elsewhere.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Fertility options are limited in this part of Florida. If you do not have the luxury of going out-of-state then think about the things that are most important to you and make sure your doctor can live up to your expectations. If RMG is your only option, I would highly recommend talking to several doctors in the practice before choosing one. Lastly, if at anytime during the process you feel that your care is inadequate then pause to consider other options (e.g. new doctor/clinic). It is tempting to plow forward given how impatient we are to hold our future baby in our arms but at the end of the day it's emotionally draining to deal with subpar care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
There is a lot to be desired in Dr. Goodman's bedside manner. She has a cold demeanor and is outright condescending when you ask too many questions. While some clinics/physicians want you to feel that they are there to support you through this hard journey, Dr. Goodman does not. I had to wait MONTHS between treatments because I could not get on her calendar. Responses from her office staff included "she doesn't see patients on this date" or "she is on vacation". You will never see Dr. Goodman or any other physician outside of the major events like the egg retrieval, embryo transfer or consults. All ultrasounds are conducted by techs and she never once called to check-in after an egg retrieval or embryo transfer (even when it results in a negative test).
Describe the protocols Sandy Goodman used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
Egg Retrieval: Menopur, Gonal F and Lupron trigger (6 retrieved/2 normal) FET: Estrogen (2X weekly) for approximately 2 weeks and daily Progesterone injections for 5 days prior to FET
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
IUI: $800 Retrieval: $13k FET: $7k
Describe Sandy Goodman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Dr. Goodman will not transfer more than 1 embryo and will not transfer mosaics.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Goodman (and staff) were very welcoming, didn't seem rushed, were very patient with all of our questions and concerns. We felt like she really understood us, did not give us false hope yet at the same time was very confident in our fertility plan. We did NOT feel like just a number or just another patient with her...She spent time with us answering questions and having well thought out and truthful answers...
The clinic [Reproductive Medicine Group] was great! Clean, efficient, and organized. I didn't have to wait too long to be seen...Sarah was our care coordinator and nurse. She was very quick to communicate, knowledgeable and kind...Everyone I came into contact with was very kind, the staff seemed to get along and I never had any issues...very welcoming, didn't seem rushed, were very patient with all of our questions and concerns
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
A few things stood out to me about Dr. Goodman. First, she is very skilled, confident, and knowledgeable. She spent time with us answering questions and having well thought out and truthful answers. She was compassionate. One thing to note, though, is she is a fast talker. I had to take good notes to review later and also have her repeat things at times because she would talk too fast for me to really comprehend. Infertility and the treatments are very involved and complex, so we definitely needed time to fully understand everything she told us. Dr. Goodman is very compassionate and has a good bedside manner. As an example, a few days after my egg retrieval, I started getting symptoms of OHSS (it was awful!). My husband called the office and was able to get through to Dr. Goodman who assured him I would be okay and to come straight into the office. She saw us immediately and gave me an exam to see if I indeed had OHSS. She determined I had a mild case, but it wasn't severe enough for further medical treatment. She was incredibly sympathetic to the pain and discomfort I was in and took the time to assuage our fears, answer questions, and made it clear that if I wasn't starting to feel better or got worse then we were to come straight back in. Overall, she is smart, quick, but will definitely slow down and take her time if/when needed.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and to ask her to repeat something if you didn't quite catch everything the first time. Bring a notebook to take notes.
After our consultation, we were required to go to a infertility class that was put on by our clinic at a local hospital that gave the basics on treatments etc.. I don't remember the names of the drugs. But I started by tracking my cycle with ovulation test strips and then taking birth control for 2 weeks to regulate my cycle. Once I reached a certain day (confirmed by blood tests), we began injections (3 of them - i forget what they were, but pretty standard for egg retrievals from what I understand). We were given a short training session on how to do the injections as well. Injections lasted, i think, 3 weeks and then I had my retrieval (blood tests, again, confirming I was ready for retrieval as well as ultrasound on my ovaries). After egg retrieval, we were told later that day how many eggs were retrieved, then in the next couple days how many embryos were created and finally how many embryos had survived to be frozen. Next, we had our GC come in for a consultation. After a consult and exam, she was determined fit to be our GC and we went through the legal and psych parts. Once we completed that, we could begin the medical process. Our GC also went on birth control to regulate her cycle and once she was at a certain day (confirmed by blood test), injections began. She had 2 or 3 injections daily (progesterone and something else? I think a 3rd was added at some point). Injections took about 3 weeks and then, after blood tests and ultrasounds, she was ready for embryo transfer. After transfer, she maintained injections for a few weeks, even after confirmed pregnancy. At the 8 week mark, we were released from care and transferred to our own OBGYN for the rest of pregnancy. Everything we did was successful. My egg retrieval, from first consultation to frozen embryos took about 4 months (however we did take a break in december for holidays). The surrogacy portion, from first consultation to actually delivering a baby took 1 year.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Sarah (she doesn't work there anymore though))
Sarah was our care coordinator and nurse. She was very quick to communicate, knowledgeable and kind. Shortly after we were released from care, I heard that she had moved on to work somewhere else, though.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic was great! Clean, efficient, and organized. I didn't have to wait too long to be seen (there was one time I did, but it was not the norm). Everyone I came into contact with was very kind, the staff seemed to get along and I never had any issues.
We spent about $15,000 at this clinic for treatments (visits, retrieval, transfer, blood tests and ultrasounds etc). Medications were paid to another company and cost about $6,000. Legal was about $4,000 and the psych eval was in the hundreds.
North Tampa
Dr. Yeko has been encouraging and honest during every visit. His honesty can come across as blunt but I would rather be told how it is. ... We did 3 IUI's with Clomid and a Triger shot 1 IVF Cycle, I primed with Birth Control. Stims included: Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, and a Trigger Shot Transfer, I am priming with weekly Estrogen shots and Progesterone shots
Every person I have spoken to [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] is compassionate. The biggest weakness I have noticed is they assume people might know all the resources available. Example they have a mentor program and this is something I learned on my own. I wish they would find a way to break down information and resources to people who are new to the infertility world. However this is a small concern overall. I find they are open to suggestions in improving their care to patients.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. Yeko has been encouraging and honest during every visit. His honesty can come across as blunt but I would rather be told how it is. He leaves me with hope that my husband and I will start a family in the future. There have been some challenges/ set backs but Even with the set backs, he has a plan to overcome them. He gives us options, leaving us feeling like we are in control of our treatment.
Write down all the questions you have and be sure to ask them. The visit can go fast . He has a lot of patients but during office visits with him, you have all of his attention. He will break things down in a way that can be hard to hear at times but do not take it personal. Remember, he is a great doctor and he does not avoid the stuff we do not want to talk about. Be honest as well. If you do not like something in your treatment plan or something you experienced, tell him. He is very caring and his end goal is to see you with a baby.
Dr. Yeko's office takes the time to answer all of my questions. The hard ones down to the simple questions. I am thankful for a clinic that takes time to make me feel like I am not alone. They always return calls and emails. The journey of infertility is hard, but the staff makes me feel like I am going to be okay in the journey.
The nursing staff is wonderful. My husband and I have had so many questions and they are patient and kind. There have been many times, I have called them to receive emotional support and they are not bothered at all. I am thankful for a team that does not see you as just a patient but a person.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
They are very caring and kind. They are understanding as well. I have had a few staff even open up about their own infertility struggles. The help you not feel alone in the journey of infertility. Every person I have spoken to is compassionate. The biggest weakness I have noticed is they assume people might know all the resources available. Example they have a mentor program and this is something I learned on my own. I wish they would find a way to break down information and resources to people who are new to the infertility world. However this is a small concern overall. I find they are open to suggestions in improving their care to patients.
No comments. Transfer is in 5 days.
South Tampa

He [Dr. Tarantino] is very nice and seems to know my case well. With that said all my bloodwork was normal and my husbands SA was great and he assured me I’d get pregnant on clomid. When I didn’t, we went on to IUI and said I would get pregnant during these 3/4 cycles. Two cycles in and I am not pregnant so it is disappointing and I wish he hadn’t set my expectations so high...Clomid and timed relations for 3 cycles. Then letrozole with IUI for 3-4 cycles
They [The Reproductive Medicine Group] lay out the prices of everything at the first visit which I thought was very helpful, including what your insurance does and doesn’t cover. They are friendly and seem to be organized...The front desk person told me I only had one IUI cycle left even though I had cancelled a previous IUI. I clarified with the nurse that the cancelled IUI did not count.....
How was your experience with Samuel Tarantino at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
He is very nice and seems to know my case well. With that said all my bloodwork was normal and my husbands SA was great and he assured me I’d get pregnant on clomid. When I didn’t, we went on to IUI and said I would get pregnant during these 3/4 cycles. Two cycles in and I am not pregnant so it is disappointing and I wish he hadn’t set my expectations so high.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Tarantino at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Don’t hesitate to ask any question either in person or calling
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Tarantino at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
He was very warm and joked a lot and listened to all my questions.
Describe the protocols Samuel Tarantino used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
Clomid and timed relations for 3 cycles. Then letrozole with IUI for 3-4 cycles.
They are friendly and explain everything well
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
They lay out the prices of everything at the first visit which I thought was very helpful, including what your insurance does and doesn’t cover. They are friendly and seem to be organized. There was a miscommunication on how many cycles I have left from a front desk person so I had to clarify with the nurse.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Tarantino at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Not covered by insurance, each sonogram is $155. Two sonograms per IUI cycle. Each IUI is $375. The HSG was around $300 I believe.
Describe Samuel Tarantino's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Samuel Tarantino
North Tampa
Dr. Yeko was willing to sit down with me and husband and explain our options. He didn’t deny treating us like another doctor did and gave us hope, which ultimately led to a valid pregnancy... was very straightforward with his recommended plan of action and the reasoning behind it. He explained in full detail what our options were and used some out of the box methods for our treatments...There were times when we felt a bit rushed during our visits with him so I would suggest that you make sure you have all your questions prepared and fully answered before leaving.
Our nurse who worked with us on the surrogate process [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] was pretty disorganized and not overly accommodating. This was a major weakness for us. Appointments were fairly easy to obtain, so that was a pro...The nurse team was compassionate and fully answered any questions we had. The sonographer was not the most friendly or compassionate, which was very disappointing since you’re in such a vulnerable position when meeting with them and wanting a more nurturing vibe.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. Yeko was very straightforward with his recommended plan of action and the reasoning behind it. He explained in full detail what our options were and used some out of the box methods for our treatments.
I responded poorly to trigger shots and Dr. Yeko willingly adjusted our next round to accommodate that.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Our nurse who worked with us on the surrogate process was pretty disorganized and not overly accommodating. This was a major weakness for us. Appointments were fairly easy to obtain, so that was a pro.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The waiting room was almost always occupied. The sonographer at the south Tampa office seemed to have a consistent bad attitude.
Single transfers were always recommended and encouraged.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Wrong tests were ordered and advance instructions (like fasting before bloodwork) occurred
North Tampa

She [Dr. Goodman] always takes her time to listen to me and never rushes me. She's very compassionate and very understanding. She also takes her time to explain in great details about my condition. And helps me meet my goals.... She is always so nice to me whenever I go see her, She explain things in great details and makes me very comfortable she takes her time time to listen to me and gives me great advice
The staff [Reproductive Med Group] is very quick to answer your questions. But sometimes they are very busy. Both the Tampa and Brandon offices are very clean. the office is doesn't really feel like a doctor's office it feels more like a home setting.... She is always so nice to me whenever I go see her, She explain things in great details and makes me very comfortable she takes her time time to listen to me and gives me great advice
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
She always takes her time to listen to me and never rushes me. She's very compassionate and very understanding. She also takes her time to explain in great details about my condition. And helps me meet my goals.
Just breathe and and ask for clarification if you're new to this
We started/currently on metformin and progestrogen. We did an IUI one time and are considering doing it again
Absolutely wonderful and very kind and patient
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The staff is very quick to answer your questions. But sometimes they are very busy. Both the Tampa and Brandon offices are very clean. the office is doesn't really feel like a doctor's office it feels more like a home setting.
Very affordable with insurance

2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
[Dr. McCormick] was always up to date on everything that was going on. She personally had called me a couple times to speak to me about a cycle instead of the nurses...She knows that going through all this is very stressful and she would always take the time to ensure I understood everything and even gave me opinions before I made a decision...did prefer eSET but I did do one round of 2 embryos
I went to different clinics [for The Reproductive Medicine Group] depending on what was needed to be done or if it was closer to my house or to see dr McCormick. All of them are amazing...They communicate like no where else I have ever seen. I can’t think of a single weakness...Having a good nursing staff is key as well. In the long run you do end up spending most your time with them. When they are just as dedicated to you as the DR that means you have a great clinic.
Dr McCormick was always compassionate about seeing me and my treatments. She knows that going through all this is very stressful and she would always take the time to ensure I understood everything and even gave me opinions before I made a decision.
She makes you feel like a person instead of a number!! She understands how difficult this process is and will make sure you are very well taken care of. For me she felt like a sister by my side.
Dr Mccormick was always up to date on everything that was going on. She personally had called me a couple times to speak to me about a cycle instead of the nurses. I spent a few years with her and I never felt like a number. Even the other nurses and workers knew me and made me feel at home since I did spend a lot of time at the dr.
Describe the protocols Betsy McCormick used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
It’s been a couple years so I don’t remember everything but I do remember we were always changing things with each cycle until I would get pregnant.
I went to different clinics depending on what was needed to be done or if it was closer to my house or to see dr McCormick. All of them are amazing. To be 100% most them knew my name. There was times i had to go each day for weeks. Having a good nursing staff is key as well. In the long run you do end up spending most your time with them. When they are just as dedicated to you as the DR that means you have a great clinic.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
They communicate like no where else I have ever seen. I can’t think of a single weakness. They have several ways they communicate and like I say when you have questions and concern or felt like you did something wrong taking a medication (anytime of the day) they were there for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
At this point we have spent around 60,000 this includes all surgeries, Dr appointment, medications and all testing.
My Dr did prefer eSET but I did do one round of 2 embryos and she gave me at least a 5 minute lettuce on why I shouldn’t do it. But in the end it was our decision.
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
I like this doctor [Dr. Timothy Yeko] because he is knowledgeable and confident. I do wish he had more empathy with sharing results and hearing questions. I also wish he’d acknowledge when you wait over an hour past your appointment time...He’s about results and maybe not the people portion...I like his bluntness but after almost 2 years of seeing this doctor we had a failed IVF cycle. I had many questions but felt rushed especially when he stood up to leave the room when I had not had all my questions answered. I’ve waited almost 2 hours for scheduled appointments with him yet felt my questions were rushed when I got to see him.
She [The nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group] is the one who answer questions via phone and writing and shows compassion...The billing department could be more helpful and explain more out of pockets... I had many questions [for Dr. Yeko] but felt rushed especially when he stood up to leave the room when I had not had all my questions answered. I’ve waited almost 2 hours for scheduled appointments with him yet felt my questions were rushed when I got to see him.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I like this doctor because he is knowledgeable and confident. I do wish he had more empathy with sharing results and hearing questions. I also wish he’d acknowledge when you wait over an hour past your appointment time.
He’s about results and maybe not the people portion.
Clomid More clomid Iui Ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
She is the one who answer questions via phone and writing and shows compassion
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The nurses are amazing. The billing department could be more helpful and explain more out of pockets. I thought this was 200 characters at this point Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Bbbbbbbbbbbbbmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
On time
Over 19k
North Tampa

Dr Goodman is very nice. I just never see or hear from her. Ever. I only see the techs, and clinic staff. 3 unsuccessful IUI's and I haven't heard anything from a doctor. I've asked the techs if there is anything else I/we can do to increase chances ect and I'm told no. No support or communication from my doctor during this last 4 months.... Diagnosed with possible PCOS and Uterine polyps. Surgically removed polyps. Started Femera. Initially 5mg a day on cycle day 3-7. Ovidrel injection on day 12 and IUI on day 14. Unsuccessful. Same dose for cycle #2. Did not ovulate.
Great at scheduling and communicating what's needed for and at appointments. You will feel like a number. Even though the nurses and staff [Reproductive Medicine Group] are very nice, there is not a lot of individual attention and/or support.... The initial testing is the most expensive so far. Greater than $7,000 just for labs, hysteroscopy with polyps removed.... Missed an entire cycle dur to lack of communication from the clinic.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
If you want personalized attention, go somewhere else. She's great when you see her, but you wont see her often.
She is great when I see her in person, however that is not very often. I haven't heard from her since I started the IUI and I've been through 3 over a 4 month period. There is no personal attention from your doctor during the process.
Diagnosed with possible PCOS and Uterine polyps. Surgically removed polyps. Started Femera. Initially 5mg a day on cycle day 3-7. Ovidrel injection on day 12 and IUI on day 14. Unsuccessful. Same dose for cycle #2. Did not ovulate. Was told to keep checking with OPK's and come back on day 21 for progesterone blood draw. Blood draw on day 21. Positive OPK that evening. Called next day for appt to schedule IUI and the clinic was closed for a staff meeting. Inwas unable to speak with anyone and missed an entire cycle for IUI. Increased dose of Femara for IUI cycle #2. 7.5mg cycle day 3-7. Ovidrel injection on day 13 with IUI on day 15. Unsuccessful. Currently on cycle #3.
They've been great with bedside manner.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Great at scheduling and communicating what's needed for and at appointments. You will feel like a number. Even though the nurses and staff are very nice, there is not a lot of individual attention and/or support.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Had an ultrasound on day 11 to check for follicles, which there were none. I was told to monitor via OPKs and call if I obtained a positive OPK so the IUI could be scheduled. Had a progesterone blood draw on day 21. Had a positive OPK that evening. Called the next day to schedule and the clinic was closed for a stagg meeting. Missed an entire cycle dur to lack of communication from the clinic. No other ultrasound was scheduled after the one on day 11. Had they scheduled an additional one.for that cycle, they would have been able to tell if I was ovulating. I never had any communication about the progesterone lab results either. No follow up for that missed cycle from anyone. Was told at next appointment that my meds would be increased. Clinic lost my initial FMLA paperwork I gave them to fill out. A week later I followed up and inquired if it was complete and I was told they couldn't find it. Had to have my HR director fax another copy over.
North Tampa

She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] is not personable or compassionate at all. she just goes by statistics, physiology, and averages. She gives zero hope to someone who is desperate to have a child. She blames age as being the absolute end to possible positive outcomes and pushes for IVF too much. I had to push back and almost demand to try IUI since i do not have the funds for IVF at that clinic as they are outrageous in cost and they will not price match. They have cost saving options but only if you are under a certain age.
I feel the nurses [at Reproductive Medicine Group-Tampa] do a much better job showing compassion than the doctors. Nurses will take the time and sit with me and answer every question in detail. They showed that they cared.... I do not have any complaints about the clinic. However I feel like their equipment might be a little outdated. their ultrasound machines, especially the monitors were old. It would also be nice to have the sonograms on a screen visible to the patient.
She is not personable or compassionate at all. she just goes by statistics, physiology, and averages. She gives zero hope to someone who is desperate to have a child. She blames age as being the absolute end to possible positive outcomes and pushes for IVF too much. I had to push back and almost demand to try IUI since i do not have the funds for IVF at that clinic as they are outrageous in cost and they will not price match. They have cost saving options but only if you are under a certain age.
Make sure you tell her what you want to try. Do not let her bully you into going straight to IVF and demand ALL the tests.
She seems to follow the same protocol for all patients. A friend and I both went to RMG and both got same treatment plan, timing, and dosage of medications. I feel like I was not treated specifically to my case but instead as national average. I have a shorter cycle and she still treated me as if i have a 28 day cycle.
She did not go over treatment protocols with me. The nurses did. They prescribed a baseline ultrasound, 100mg Clomid, a mid-cycle ultrasound, Ovidrel trigger shot, then IUI 36 to 48 hours later
I feel the nurses do a much better job showing compassion than the doctors. Nurses will take the time and sit with me and answer every question in detail. They showed that they cared.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Diagnostic labs and ultrasounds are covered by my insurance. IUI procedure was out of pocket and consisted of the following. Baseline ultrasound $155.00 Clomid $35.00 Mid-cycle ultrasound $155.00 each. IUI procedure including sperm ash $375.00. IVF cost was quoted to me at approx $26,000. (I cannot afford this so I did not do it)

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
When he [Dr. Yeko] spoke with us, he was always willing to answer any question and did very good job explaining things in layman’s terms. He also provided a “why” if there was a process that he would not recommend (like ERA) and backed his decisions with logic and strong data. ... It was suggested that we get our embryos PGS tested. (Egg from donor, sperm from husband)
My only criticism would be at times it was hard to reach someone [Reproductive Med Grp] live, and when waiting for beta results, 2 out of the three times they did not call until after the promised time. ... Because they break up different parts of the treatment to different people, sometimes the handoff appeared to be a bit disjointed. However the staff was friendly, caring and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
He is knowledgeable and I feel confident in his abilities. There were a few times where an appointment was rushed, but in follow up visits I was able to reconcile any missing information. He maintained a positive attitude and when the miscarriage happened, he quickly scheduled a follow up debriefing appointment to help us know next steps.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Sometimes he may assume you know, so if you don’t, speak up.
When he spoke with us, he was always willing to answer any question and did very good job explaining things in layman’s terms. He also provided a “why” if there was a process that he would not recommend (like ERA) and backed his decisions with logic and strong data.
My first transfer was pretty typical. It was suggested that we get our embryos PGS tested. (Egg from donor, sperm from husband) We did a split donation and ended up with 8 mature eggs and 100% fertilization. 6 made it to say 5 blast and all 6 came back PGS normal. I was on birth control for 5 weeks while waiting for PGS results. Once I stopped, I started bi-weekly shots of delestrogen. 5 days prior to transfer I started daily PIO injections. Transfer went well, did first beta on day 8, second day 11 and 3rd day 13. Numbers were great. I started spotting in week 6, they brought me in for an additional beta for peace of mind and numbers were great! But a day later I was gushing blood and cramping. I went in for a sono and they clearly saw the gestational sac and it looked great. However a half hour after leaving the office, I passed a large pink/grey matter. A follow up sonogram revealed I lost the baby. There were no apparent reasons as to why.
Very compassionate and knowledgeable. My only criticism would be at times it was hard to reach someone live, and when waiting for beta results, 2 out of the three times they did not call until after the promised time.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Overall it is a great clinic. Because they break up different parts of the treatment to different people, sometimes the handoff appeared to be a bit disjointed. However the staff was friendly, caring and knowledgeable.
$16,000 for split donor cycle. $4,500 for FET.
I think his recommendation for single vs double made tons of sense!
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
For this current cycle, I just had a hysteroscopy with D&C to remove polyps left over from the miscarriage this summer. I was already on birth control. I was running out, so I called for a refill. The nurse checked with Doctor Yeko and found out I was supposed to cease birth control and start estrace. Had I not called I’m not sure when I would have been informed.
Brandon

Her demeanor is warm; she seems to truly care about me and remembers me and details about my personal fertility issues. ... Dr Goodman recommended that we try (3) IUIs first to see if we could have success. ... Unfortunately IUIs were not successful so Dr Goodman then said we should move to IVF. Because of my age we decided that PGS testing was the way to go.
I think it’s overwhelming as a new patient and they [The Repro Med Grp] seem to get that; the staff seems to genuinely want to help and they are warm and friendly. Everyone was knowledgeable when we had questions. We loved Heidi at the front desk and Danielle the Sono girl was so great. ...They were very good about communicating through the patient portal as well.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Her demeanor is warm; she seems to truly care about me and remembers me and details about my personal fertility issues. I’ve never felt pressured; she was clear about what she recommended but allowed me to feel comfortable in the decision.
Sometimes you may wait a little bit. Most of the visits she’s on time but a couple times she ran behind. The staff was really nice and gave me updates, so it was fine. What i like is that she gives me as much time as I need, too.
Dr. Goodman was kind and explained everything to me without being condescending. When I felt worried and unsure about our future success and felt discouraged, she was positive and explained our chances. She also connected me with the mentor program to get support.
Dr Goodman recommended that we try (3) IUIs first to see if we could have success. Due to cost this is what we decided to do. Unfortunately IUIs were not successful so Dr Goodman then said we should move to IVF. Because of my age we decided that PGS testing was the way to go. This required that we first go through a cycle to retrieve my eggs and then freeze all the embryos. We had them testing and ended up with 4 good embryos. I wanted to put in 2, but Dr Goodman told me that it’s better for me and for the sake of having a live birth with less complications to transfer one embryo, so we did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jennifer was our main nurse from Dr Goodman and then we dealt with the IVF team. Everyone seemed very caring and on top of everything. They were very good about communicating through the patient portal as well.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I think it’s overwhelming as a new patient and they seem to get that; the staff seems to genuinely want to help and they are warm and friendly. Everyone was knowledgeable when we had questions. We loved Heidi at the front desk and Danielle the Sono girl was so great. I would tell a new patient to trust their doctor and also to ask questions whenever they had them!
IUIs were about 1k each, IVF meds around 5k, IVF medical costs around 15k, PGS was about 5k or so. I probably spent 25k on IVF.
She seemed confident that putting in one embryo was the way to go and for us it worked!
North Tampa

The clinic [Reproductive Medical Group] is quite large and has multiple locations. This makes it easy for scheduling and necessary weekend procedures....they sent us home on a Friday with a package for my husband to complete his insemination part at home prior to the IUI appointment... they failed to provide a cup for his sample in the package. 4) they failed to charge me correctly for one of my visits, so on my next visit I surprisingly owed $600 instead of $300.
Out of the seven months I spent receiving treatment for infertility I only saw Dr. McCormick twice. This included the initial consultation and then the very last sit down to tell us our 5 IUIs have failed and we should move on to IVF. Seven months and I spent a total of 30 minutes with my doctor. She never once performed a procedure or IUI (always a nurse). She never stopped in during an ultrasound to explain things or simply check on us. Not once. Every month we were left with questions and not knowing how we should handle the next month. Where was my doctor to help us understand? I really don’t know.
If you’re not sure of the details/extent of your infertility and sincerely want to figure it out and bring home a baby, find a doctor who actually spends some time on your unique case and helps you figure it out. This doctor will not be Betsy McCormick.
Out of the seven months I spent receiving fertility treatment, my husband and I only met with the doctor twice, totaling about 30 minutes for both visits. This includes the initial consultation and the final sit down letting us know we’ve had 5 failed IUIs and should move on to IVF. 30 minutes with my doctor in seven months for one of the most important steps in our life. Where was she?
Right off the bat after my bloodwork showed low AMH Dr. McCormick recommenced IVF. We could not afford it so we opted to try IUI cycles with Clomid. My first cycle of treatment I was prescribed 100mg of Clomid (2 pills) one a day for 5 days. I was then brought in for an ultrasound about 8 days later where it showed my body was producing 3 mature follicles and was ready for a shot of Ovidrel the next day. The IUI was then performed 2 days later. This failed, and next month went exactly the same except the doctor decreased the dosage to 50mg of Clomid (1 pill) everyday for 5 days due to the amount of mature follicles it helped produce. This was all told to the nurse and not me. Same timeline of ultrasound (still showed 3 mature follicles), Ovidrel shot and IUI. This failed as well. No changes were made to this plan for the next 3 cycles we completed. All produced the same results and all failed. It was only after the 5th failed IUI that Dr. McCormick scheduled us for another consultation to tell us they obviously didn’t work and our next step should be IVF.
Nurses were great for the most part. I saw a different nurse every visit so things were sometimes explained differently each time. They did all of the work- IUIs, ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc. Most were kind and seemed happy to help.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is quite large and has multiple locations. This makes it easy for scheduling and necessary weekend procedures. There is more than one doctor and others may be great, I’m not sure. I got the feeling from my doctor that they care a lot about the money they’re receiving and that’s it. I was told by their financial coordinator that they charge $26,000 for one cycle of IVF. This seems a bit more expensive than other clinics and I’m not sure why. When I asked about grants or other opportunities available to help with the cost, the financial coordinator told me she didn’t know of any to recommend. So I would also highly suggest to be prepared financially before seeking help from this clinic.
Each appointment was $50. Ultrasounds to check follicle development were $125 I believe. IUI procedure was $350 I believe. Medications were always separate. Trigger shot (Ovidrel) was provided by a mail order pharmacy. The rest (Clomid) I could get at my preferred pharmacy.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
1) the doctor failed to call in refills for a medication she prescribed. I went days without taking it before a nurse got a hold of the doctor and had her send it in. 2) the front desk person once messed up an appointment for an ultrasound. She scheduled it a week late which would have been too late. Thankfully they fit me in when I showed up on the day it should have been scheduled 3)they sent us home on a Friday with a package for my husband to complete his insemination part at home prior to the IUI appointment... they failed to provide a cup for his sample in the package. 4) they failed to charge me correctly for one of my visits, so on my next visit I surprisingly owed $600 instead of $300. 5)they failed to give me information on financial assistance- even their financial coordinator! 6) I faxed my release of information form to them 3 different times when I was transferring to a no location. They apparently never received it the first two times.

2014 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Tarantino was absolutely amazing and explained everything in detail, the thing I didn’t like was I never really saw him after the first two visits everything was done by the staff. I wasn’t sure if everything was going good. It was hard to get ahold of anyone in the office to find out about the embryos...We had to do IVF due to the fact that my husband has azoospermia. Dr. Tarantino didn’t give me an aggressive treatment.
[The Reproductive Medicine Group clinic is] Very expensive, communication is vague but the dr is excellent. It would be nice if someone would communicate in details any results. I feel like I wasn’t advised of certain things. It’s easy to get appointments but if you don’t have insurance it’s very expensive...Every time we went into the office it felt like we were just in a line up. Get them in and get them out
He is amazing but there needs to be more communication in his office.
We had to do IVF due to the fact that my husband has azoospermia. Dr. Tarantino didn’t give me an aggressive treatment. I was on the lowest dose of medications and was able to make 14 eggs, 12 fertilized, 3 made it to day 5 blastocyst, 2 of them were abnormal and we only had one to transfer. I was on menopur, galirenix, progesterone, estrogen.
They were great but communication was vague
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Dr. advised it would be safer for me to transfer only 1 at a time because of my age but at the end of the process we could only transfer 1 due to the fact that it was the only one left and it was inconclusive results
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
The trigger shot that I had to take to mature my eggs before aspiration. The dosage they told me was incorrect and if it wasn’t for me calling the on call number I would have messed up the whole cycle and being that I was paying for everything out of pocket that would have been extremely expensive to continue
Samuel Tarantino
North Tampa

Dr. Goodman is VERY intelligent. She knows the terminology and can explain the procedures in a way I could understand them. The only thing I didn’t like is when I started questioning her or what was happening, I felt like she took offense and brushed me off... i wasn’t given all the information for example the amount or size of follicles, or the thickness of my lining. They always told me the information about the sperm donor such as the volume as well as mobility.
I felt like the staff [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] and Dr. Goodman remembered me when I came in for visits.. I didn’t feel as if they communicated with me...wasn’t given all the information for example the amount or size of follicles, or the thickness of my lining...I also felt like my concerns were swept under the rug and overlooked...when I started questioning [doctor] or what was happening, I felt like she took offense and brushed me off.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Ask questions. If you don’t fully understand something or if you are questioning a procedure or result keep pushing for an explanation instead of getting brushed off.
I was greeted with kindness, was asked how I was doing and I felt like they honestly cared how I was feeling. I felt like the staff and Dr. Goodman remembered me when I came in for visits and I was a bother when I called, no matter how many times.
On cycle day 3, I was prescribed to take Femara (Letrezol) to help with the development of follicles. On cycle day 10, I had to have an ultrasound to check my lining as well as follicle size, I was then given the ok to take Ovidrel to release the egg for fertilization. Forty-eight hours after the Ovidrel, I had my IUI using donor sperm. All 3 IUIs were unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: I don’t remember)
Looking back I realized that i wasn’t given all the information for example the amount or size of follicles, or the thickness of my lining. They always told me the information about the sperm donor such as the volume as well as mobility.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
They are very welcoming when you walk thru the door. The staff is quick to get you checked in as well as get you back into the room to wait for the doctor. Some weaknesses I found after looking back is that I didn’t feel as if they communicated with me everything that was going on. I also felt like my concerns were swept under the rug and overlooked.
Office visits were between $150-$300 depending on what was discussed and for how long we met with Dr. Goodman. The ultrasounds were $155 each time and the inseminations were $210. The Ovidrel was not covered by insurance and was $92 each shot. The laparoscopy and hysteroscopy to do a chromotibation, removal of endometriosis and a polypectomy was over $2,000.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. Goodman preferred a surgery to open my Fallopian tubes and I was told my tubes were open but when I requested my paperwork recently it stated that she had to force them open. During my cycles I was not told my lining thickness or how many follicles and their sizes I produced. When I looked at my chart I requested it shows my lining was too small and I didn’t have the required amount of follicles. I feel like I wasted money and time on 2 IUIs when O should have cancelled and tried again the next month.
Brandon
Dr. McCormick is so knowledgeable, gentle and kind. So far, I have truly enjoyed the process with her, especially compared to the last group I was at....We are in the process of deciding to do IVF.... She has been such a good listener and explains things so well, when this can all feel so very overwhelming.... The office staff [Reproductive Med Group] is amazing. Dr. McCormick truly cares about you, and Dr. Goodman seems fantastic also.
Almost all the nurses [Reproductive Medicine Group] have been great. Just one or two seemed uninterested or annoyed at their day...Great locations convenient to all parts of town, there are 4 to pick from. Love that they have their own surgery center and the doctors and IVF conference they put on were incredible.... Costs were spelled out, since we do not have any insurance coverage for Fertility. HSG was $785. Appointments were around a couple hundred each time for bloodwork, consultation, etc. $150 for Semen Analysis. IVF was quoted at approx $26k for our situation.
We are in the process of deciding to do IVF. It is so expensive, and we are new to the area, with new jobs. So, our money situation has dropped significantly, but we have been battling infertility for 3 years now. She has been such a good listener and explains things so well, when this can all feel so very overwhelming.
Just ask questions, and she will answer them or get you to someone who can. She understands what we went through at our other clinic and is just so nice.
Dr. McCormick is so knowledgeable, gentle and kind. So far, I have truly enjoyed the process with her, especially compared to the last group I was at. The staff have followed up with me as well and have been great.
We are on the cusp of starting IVF if we can afford it. We do not have insurance that covers it.
Almost all the nurses have been great. Just one or two seemed uninterested or annoyed at their day, but I know that everyone has their own bad days too, so didn't look too much into it.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Great locations convenient to all parts of town, there are 4 to pick from. Love that they have their own surgery center and the doctors and IVF conference they put on were incredible. Be sure to ask a lot of questions for your own particular situation. The office staff is amazing. Dr. McCormick truly cares about you, and Dr. Goodman seems fantastic also.
They utilize eSET with frozen embryos at my age to protect myself and give a potential baby the best chance of birth.
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
[Dr. Yeko] did diagnostics treatment to see how many egg follicles I had, if there were any blocks in my Fallopian tubes. He knows my age is mid 40’s but initially recommended using my own eggs because I had the potential for 18 egg retrieval... almost double what normal 45 year olds would have. He went through stats and felt we had a potential of one normal PGS embryo if he was able to retrieve a full 18 eggs. But he was very realistic with us that It was a long shot and was up front on the cost. He also shared the very increased pojected success rate if we used donor eggs. In the end, we opted for donor eggs. It took a year to get matched
The biggest weakness [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] was The donor egg process. Trying to get call backs during the donor matching process is my only frustration. They never picked up the phone when I called and sometimes would be 2 -3 days before they returned a call. It toon over a year to get matched with a donor. I wished they were affiliated with egg banks to increase options for patients unable to use their own eggs. They also were the most disorganized part of the process... not knowing what I had or had not completed. (High risk obgyn appointment, counseling, etc.)
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr Yeko is a proven leader in the industry and it shows. He makes sure you have total understanding before ending an appointment. I never leave his office with any lingering questions. I can also say when I did have a miscarriage he was so wonderful and offered me tools/support I needed during this difficult time.
Ask questions. If you do not understand something, let him know. Let him know your ideal outcome, but also let him know what other options you would consider. Let him know your budget up front.
Dr Yeko was up front, listened to our ideal wishes and did a great job of being realistic, using data to support all options available to us with projected success rates and risk of costs. He did not push us one way or the other. He has the right balance of being positive while still keeping our emotions in check and letting us know of all possible outcomes. I like that he respects us enough to be honest. I feel he truly cares about our journey and success in this process.
Hey did diagnostics treatment to see how many egg follicles I had, if there were any blocks in my Fallopian tubes. He knows my age is mid 40’s but initially recommended using my own eggs because I had the potential for 18 egg retrieval... almost double what normal 45 year olds would have. He went through stats and felt we had a potential of one normal PGS embryo if he was able to retrieve a full 18 eggs. But he was very realistic with us that It was a long shot and was up front on the cost. He also shared the very increased pojected success rate if we used donor eggs. In the end, we opted for donor eggs. It took a year to get matched, and my donor just started her birth control pills last week and I should be transferring mid may. (Fingers crossed)
Very friendly, professional and showed they cared. From a simple blood draw to when I miscarried, they showed compassion in everything they did.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The biggest weakness was The donor egg process. Trying to get call backs during the donor matching process is my only frustration. They never picked up the phone when I called and sometimes would be 2 -3 days before they returned a call. It toon over a year to get matched with a donor. I wished they were affiliated with egg banks to increase options for patients unable to use their own eggs. They also were the most disorganized part of the process... not knowing what I had or had not completed. (High risk obgyn appointment, counseling, etc.)
Still in process, but spent $14500 for donor process (just started) and this will be a shared donor. If I got all eggs would have been $8k more. PGS is expected to run $3k, transfer $4k and meds of $600 - $800.
He is very transparent and vocal about single embryo transfer. He showed how transfering 2 or more only increases success of pregnancy minimally while increasing chances of complications if multiples substantially. He also said with my advanced age he would not feel comfortable recommending transferring anything but one. He presented this with a lot of facts and statistics to back up his concerns and truly seems to have my best interest at heart. He is more concerned with my safety than the success rate of his facility. I love that.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Just during the donor matching process they did not know results from high risk obgyn appointment. I had to follow up a few times before they were able to confirm information had been received.
Brandon
Dr. Sandy Goodman is very compassionate in the way she explains each concern and process. I've never felt lost after seeing her because she explains each treatment or surgery in complete details. The day of my surgery after being diagnosed with Endometriosis she did an excellent job with the actual surgery with only having one excision which is amazing. She's easy to talk to without judgement and is truly concerned in regards to your overall health with pregnancy.
The front staff at the north tampa office [of The Reproductive Medicine Group] is super nice and I've never had a bad attitude from any of them. They are very helpful whenever I needed something, which is hard to come by these days. The doctors are crazy packed so I guess as soon as you know you need to come in call for an appointment. I haven't had any issues yet because they know when things are time sensitive you need to come in and they will make room
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Overall she is a great doctor and person. She is very straightforward which is what I love.
As a 28 year old seeking out a fertility specialist I had no idea what to expect especially after suffering 4 previous miscarriages. I never thought I would be in the position I am in today, but after seeking professional help at the Reproductive Medicine Group I can now say that I am confident in the medical team to fulfill my dreams of being a mom. The medical staff and Dr. Sandy Goodman are compassionate everytime I've walked into their office. I've never felt like my questions and concerns were ignored or overlooked.
I am not quiet there yet. I had to have laparoscopic surgery to remove my Endometriosis so I am now finally able to start the IVF process. I am actually starting in the next week with the birth control pills once I get my menses and will be meeting with their ART department with my schedule so i wont know more until then. I am fully confident in their professional experience to have a healthy pregnancy.
The nursing staff has been great thus far. I always get a returned call back usually within the same day or next. They always answer all my questions in a timely manner without making me feel like I'm a bothersome.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
My experience this far is nothing but great reviews. The front staff at the north tampa office is super nice and I've never had a bad attitude from any of them. They are very helpful whenever I needed something, which is hard to come by these days. The doctors are crazy packed so I guess as soon as you know you need to come in call for an appointment. I haven't had any issues yet because they know when things are time sensitive you need to come in and they will make room.
Well my insurance paid for the diagnostic procedures prior to infertility treatments. I had copays so that wasnt too bad. My insurance doesnt cover IVF so that was definitely a harsh hit but it did cover my medications so I had some relief. I already knew that going into the appointment so I wasnt shocked.
I actually just spoke to my doctor about this because with the cost of IVF being so high I was confused if we should be doing one or two embryos. But she reassured me that the odds are just as high with doing one verses two. Plus she wants to make sure that I have a healthy pregnancy since there's a high chance on one of the embryos splitting causing me to have triplets if I elect to do two embryos which then increases my health and the babies.
North Tampa
Dr. McCormick was super professional yet very welcoming. After my initial consultation where all of my testing and blood work was ordered, Dr. McCormick sat down with me and took the time to go over every result. She explained what she thought was my best option to start with but also gave me other options that may work if I did not want to proceed with medications. I felt very taken care of!
One of my favorite things about this practice [RMG- Tampa] is their Patient Portal with app capabilities. I am able to see all of my results, appointment reminders, bills due and even message withe the staff (they are always quick to respond!). I usually show up to my ultrasound appointments 30 minutes to an hour early and they almost ALWAYS take me right back. Everyone is very welcoming, beginning at the front desk. I think the only weakness I would say is I had to wait 3 weeks for my initial consultation, I wish I could have gotten in sooner but other than that everything has been perfect so far
Dr. McCormick was very professional, had an amazing bedside manner and informative. I felt like I was in good hands from the moment I first walked in to the office and every appointment after. She did not pressure me to choose a certain path but was confident in her recommendations.
Schedule now, don't wait!
I was previously treated by an ob/gyn that was trained in "super ovulation" and IUIs. I went to her for about a year and had a total of 6 very painful IUIs. She would never give an reasoning for my treatment or the medications she wanted me to take and it almost felt like she was guessing. I regret waiting so long to establish with Dr. McCormick at RMG. Dr. McCormick told me at my consultation she did not think I was quite at the IVF stage (my previous doctor had recommended) since my past IUIs were so painful and my left tube was closed. My previous doctor was not monitoring my follicles prior to any of my IUIs either. She started me with Femara 5mg CD 3-7 and Ovidrel trigger shot. I have had 2 PAIN-FREE IUIs with a confirmed mature follicle on the right side (yayyy) but unfortunately both resulted in big fat negatives. I currently have a consultation scheduled with Dr. McCormick in early October to discuss IVF.
The nursing staff is always pleasant and well prepared. I feel every question I have asked was answered in full and I was never left wondering about anything! This is a very tedious and technical process to go through with hundreds of potential questions and scenarios. The nursing staff is well educated and takes care of their patients.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
One of my favorite things about this practice is their Patient Portal with app capabilities. I am able to see all of my results, appointment reminders, bills due and even message withe the staff (they are always quick to respond!). I usually show up to my ultrasound appointments 30 minutes to an hour early and they almost ALWAYS take me right back. Everyone is very welcoming, beginning at the front desk. I think the only weakness I would say is I had to wait 3 weeks for my initial consultation, I wish I could have gotten in sooner but other than that everything has been perfect so far.
Everything goes towards my deductible so I have had to pay for everything out of pocket.
North Tampa
Overall she [Dr. McCormick] is a good doctor and we achieved the results we wanted and will do another transfer...She was very kind but not as direct of a communicator as I would like. Additionally we were not aware of her scheduled vacation during our treatment and had to postpone transfer because of it... I was also never told that IVF babies are at a higher risk of heart abnormalities until I was sent to a specialist during my pregnancy. I would have liked to known this up front.
The clinic [The Reproductive Medicine Group] was great. My only wish would be to open one in St Pete as they are only in the Tampa side of town. The retrieval clinic was clean and well run and the nurses for my retrieval were amazing...They [nurses] were all caring and wonderful. I couldn’t have asked for a better staff...Overall she [Dr. McCormick] is a good doctor and we achieved the results we wanted and will do another transfer
She was very kind but not as direct of a communicator as I would like. Additionally we were not aware of her scheduled vacation during our treatment and had to postpone transfer because of it. To speed up the process we ultimately had Dr. Tarantino perform our transfer. This still pushed my son’s birthday into Jan of the next year, costing us over $5k of additional medical expenses. I was also never told that IVF babies are at a higher risk of heart abnormalities until I was sent to a specialist during my pregnancy. I would have liked to known this up front. Overall she is a good doctor and we achieved the results we wanted and will do another transfer.
More direct communication and provide medical details when reviewing recommendations and test results. Many women do extensive research on he IVF process and want to know the specifics of their hormone levels, number of follicles, etc. Don’t assume we don’t understand this info.
Dr McCormick was very kind
I don’t remember all the specifics. But I think I took menopur and gonal-f then added cetrotide towards then end. I can’t remember my trigger shot
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
They were all caring and wonderful. I couldn’t have asked for a better staff.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic was great. My only wish would be to open one in St Pete as they are only in the Tampa side of town. The retrieval clinic was clean and well run and the nurses for my retrieval were amazing.
We spent over $30k for our IVF treatment. This includes medicine but excludes the several thousands we spent on IUIs before that.
I was comfortable with my doctors approach
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Goodman is very straight to the point and does not beat around the bush. On my first visit she told me I needed to lose a specific amount of weight for treatment to have a better chance of success. She said this without judgment or meanness, but rather as a fact of treatment. I completely agreed with her assessment and felt she was willing to have a potentially difficult conversation with me because it was in the best interest of my treatment.
This clinic [Reproductive Med Group] is all strength. They work with you on appointment times, will call multiple places to get you the best price on prescriptions, will answer all your questions and generally be on your side every step of the way. The only weakness is that certain treatments can only be done at the Fletcher location, which can be far for certain patients.... The nurses were so gentle with my fragile emotions and so helpful with all my many questions. I know I can all at anytime and get a quick, professional response from a knowledgeable source.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Be prepared to hear the good, bad and ugly because Dr. Goodman is willing to do whatever it takes to get the result you want.
Dr. Goodman recognized me as an individual at every step of the way. She came into the first consultation with complete knowledge of my medical history and issues. She was warm, friendly, and confident in her assessment of my case. I feel confident in her knowledge and secure in her treatment.
We had surgery to remove cysts, then fertility treatment with IUI. The rationale is that the cysts were pressing on my Fallopian tubes and removal plus fertility treatments would help. As of right now they have not been successful but I have high hopes that our next cycle would be a winner!
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
This clinic is all strength. They work with you on appointment times, will call multiple places to get you the best price on prescriptions, will answer all your questions and generally be on your side every step of the way. The only weakness is that certain treatments can only be done at the Fletcher location, which can be far for certain patients.
I found costs to be much more reasonable than I expected. I do have insurance to help me, but my out-of-pocket costs were much less than the national average.
Brandon
Dr. Goodman has always spent the time I needed to answer all my questions warmly yet candidly. After my lap, she explained my results in laymen’s terms and was optimistic. My only negative comment is I felt she tried to use fear tactics into convincing me to get my husband a genetic test. When I never wanted any of that testing to begin with.I had to explain to her more than once I did not want it, but she finally understood and respected my decision.
Usually minimal wait time [at Reproductive Medicine Group-Tampa]. Although once I did wait an hour. Mostly they are very professional. The surgery center staff was incredible and comforted my anxiety during my preparation time. The office is clean and organized. I would suggest they discuss emotional support resources for infertility or at least ask how you are doing. There are brochures you can grab in the lobby but I would feel better if someone at least checked in.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
She may not always volunteer the information you may need, but Will answer it if you ask. This means you need to do your research to be your own advocate and make sure all the right questions are being asked and answered.
Dr. Goodman has good bedside manner and is warm, and reassuring.
Very compassionate, uses optimistic language. It made me feel hopeful. Organized and never bothered if you ask the same thing a few times.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Usually minimal wait time. Although once I did wait an hour. Mostly they are very professional. The surgery center staff was incredible and comforted my anxiety during my preparation time. The office is clean and organized. I would suggest they discuss emotional support resources for infertility or at least ask how you are doing. There are brochures you can grab in the lobby but I would feel better if someone at least checked in.
I had good coverage for testing and procedures but my out of pocket costs were sometimes high. I was fortunate enough to have been able to save to cover this. Everything was due upon service with no options for payment plans.
North Tampa

I feel Dr Goodman listens to my concerns as a patient and addresses them. She clearly defines the treatment process and expectations. She went over treatment options and is conservative with treatment plans.... As a single woman going thru fertility treatments I was nervous as to how I would be treated or judged. I have never felt judged by the clinic or staff and instead feel supported.
The clinic [Reproductive Medicine Group] is great. The staff is very helpful and the location is always clean and well maintained. The appointments also run close to the scheduled time which is great. They've also helped me locate pharmacies that offer lower costs for the medications I'm ordering and that's great for my wallet.... The nursing staff is always friendly and helpful. They are all wonderful and I enjoy interacting with them.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Be honest about what you want and what you want to avoid.
First we did diagnostic testing to see my ovarian reserves and egg quality. We did multiple ultrasounds to see if my ovaries were at the right stages. They tested my tubes with dye for blockages abs went over the results. I completed 2 unsuccessful IUIs that involved medication. At this point I'm moving onto IVF treatment.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is great. The staff is very helpful and the location is always clean and well maintained. The appointments also run close to the scheduled time which is great. They've also helped me locate pharmacies that offer lower costs for the medications I'm ordering and that's great for my wallet.
The IUIs were covered by insurance but I'm waiting to see what portion is covered for IVF.
She was firm that I would only receive one embryo transfer during IVF. She stated this us for the benefit of the mother and baby. It's better to be conservative then aggressive and face problems.