Brandon
South Tampa
2919 Swann Ave
Tampa, FL 33609
813-870-3553

The clinic [Reproductive Medical Group] is quite large and has multiple locations. This makes it easy for scheduling and necessary weekend procedures....they sent us home on a Friday with a package for my husband to complete his insemination part at home prior to the IUI appointment... they failed to provide a cup for his sample in the package. 4) they failed to charge me correctly for one of my visits, so on my next visit I surprisingly owed $600 instead of $300.
How was your experience with Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Out of the seven months I spent receiving treatment for infertility I only saw Dr. McCormick twice. This included the initial consultation and then the very last sit down to tell us our 5 IUIs have failed and we should move on to IVF. Seven months and I spent a total of 30 minutes with my doctor. She never once performed a procedure or IUI (always a nurse). She never stopped in during an ultrasound to explain things or simply check on us. Not once. Every month we were left with questions and not knowing how we should handle the next month. Where was my doctor to help us understand? I really don’t know.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
If you’re not sure of the details/extent of your infertility and sincerely want to figure it out and bring home a baby, find a doctor who actually spends some time on your unique case and helps you figure it out. This doctor will not be Betsy McCormick.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Out of the seven months I spent receiving fertility treatment, my husband and I only met with the doctor twice, totaling about 30 minutes for both visits. This includes the initial consultation and the final sit down letting us know we’ve had 5 failed IUIs and should move on to IVF. 30 minutes with my doctor in seven months for one of the most important steps in our life. Where was she?
Describe the protocols Betsy McCormick used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
Right off the bat after my bloodwork showed low AMH Dr. McCormick recommenced IVF. We could not afford it so we opted to try IUI cycles with Clomid. My first cycle of treatment I was prescribed 100mg of Clomid (2 pills) one a day for 5 days. I was then brought in for an ultrasound about 8 days later where it showed my body was producing 3 mature follicles and was ready for a shot of Ovidrel the next day. The IUI was then performed 2 days later. This failed, and next month went exactly the same except the doctor decreased the dosage to 50mg of Clomid (1 pill) everyday for 5 days due to the amount of mature follicles it helped produce. This was all told to the nurse and not me. Same timeline of ultrasound (still showed 3 mature follicles), Ovidrel shot and IUI. This failed as well. No changes were made to this plan for the next 3 cycles we completed. All produced the same results and all failed. It was only after the 5th failed IUI that Dr. McCormick scheduled us for another consultation to tell us they obviously didn’t work and our next step should be IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Nurses were great for the most part. I saw a different nurse every visit so things were sometimes explained differently each time. They did all of the work- IUIs, ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc. Most were kind and seemed happy to help.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is quite large and has multiple locations. This makes it easy for scheduling and necessary weekend procedures. There is more than one doctor and others may be great, I’m not sure. I got the feeling from my doctor that they care a lot about the money they’re receiving and that’s it. I was told by their financial coordinator that they charge $26,000 for one cycle of IVF. This seems a bit more expensive than other clinics and I’m not sure why. When I asked about grants or other opportunities available to help with the cost, the financial coordinator told me she didn’t know of any to recommend. So I would also highly suggest to be prepared financially before seeking help from this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Each appointment was $50. Ultrasounds to check follicle development were $125 I believe. IUI procedure was $350 I believe. Medications were always separate. Trigger shot (Ovidrel) was provided by a mail order pharmacy. The rest (Clomid) I could get at my preferred pharmacy.
Describe Betsy McCormick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
1) the doctor failed to call in refills for a medication she prescribed. I went days without taking it before a nurse got a hold of the doctor and had her send it in. 2) the front desk person once messed up an appointment for an ultrasound. She scheduled it a week late which would have been too late. Thankfully they fit me in when I showed up on the day it should have been scheduled 3)they sent us home on a Friday with a package for my husband to complete his insemination part at home prior to the IUI appointment... they failed to provide a cup for his sample in the package. 4) they failed to charge me correctly for one of my visits, so on my next visit I surprisingly owed $600 instead of $300. 5)they failed to give me information on financial assistance- even their financial coordinator! 6) I faxed my release of information form to them 3 different times when I was transferring to a no location. They apparently never received it the first two times.
Clearwater
Dr. McCormick is so knowledgeable, gentle and kind. So far, I have truly enjoyed the process with her, especially compared to the last group I was at....We are in the process of deciding to do IVF.... She has been such a good listener and explains things so well, when this can all feel so very overwhelming.... The office staff [Reproductive Med Group] is amazing. Dr. McCormick truly cares about you, and Dr. Goodman seems fantastic also.
Almost all the nurses [Reproductive Medicine Group] have been great. Just one or two seemed uninterested or annoyed at their day...Great locations convenient to all parts of town, there are 4 to pick from. Love that they have their own surgery center and the doctors and IVF conference they put on were incredible.... Costs were spelled out, since we do not have any insurance coverage for Fertility. HSG was $785. Appointments were around a couple hundred each time for bloodwork, consultation, etc. $150 for Semen Analysis. IVF was quoted at approx $26k for our situation.
We are in the process of deciding to do IVF. It is so expensive, and we are new to the area, with new jobs. So, our money situation has dropped significantly, but we have been battling infertility for 3 years now. She has been such a good listener and explains things so well, when this can all feel so very overwhelming.
Just ask questions, and she will answer them or get you to someone who can. She understands what we went through at our other clinic and is just so nice.
Dr. McCormick is so knowledgeable, gentle and kind. So far, I have truly enjoyed the process with her, especially compared to the last group I was at. The staff have followed up with me as well and have been great.
We are on the cusp of starting IVF if we can afford it. We do not have insurance that covers it.
Almost all the nurses have been great. Just one or two seemed uninterested or annoyed at their day, but I know that everyone has their own bad days too, so didn't look too much into it.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Great locations convenient to all parts of town, there are 4 to pick from. Love that they have their own surgery center and the doctors and IVF conference they put on were incredible. Be sure to ask a lot of questions for your own particular situation. The office staff is amazing. Dr. McCormick truly cares about you, and Dr. Goodman seems fantastic also.
They utilize eSET with frozen embryos at my age to protect myself and give a potential baby the best chance of birth.

2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr. McCormick was thoughtful, kind, soft spoken, and really willing to listen to me and my concerns instead of sort of talking over me or treating me as if I didn't have any idea what I was talking about, as I feel a lot of doctors in this profession do. I really enjoyed working with her. And it did feel more like a partnership, which was awesome...Since my tests came back okay I wanted to try the IUIs a few times with no fertility drugs and just timing my ovulation. I could tell that she wasn't super hopeful about option, but she agreed.
I had a hard time getting anyone [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] to listen to me about the uterine lining issue I experienced. Given my successful results once I was no longer on the clomid, I believe it was a big issue for me and I had a hard time getting someone to care or listen (this was primarily techs or nurses I was dealing with at this point). they also didn't inform me of the risks of taking the medication over prolonged periods, which I wish had been explained.
I would say that I think she really tried to work with you and listen to you, so if you have a concern or an idea, to bring it up to her.
I wasn't always thrilled with her staff, as sometimes they felt dismissive. But Dr. McCormick herself was always very thoughtful in her approach, she felt like she was really listening to you as an individual, not just a generic female fertility patient. She also allowed me to make choices for my care that were not necessarily her first choice, but she was willing to honor what I felt would be best (and as it turned out, I was right in my case).
In my case, our issue was male factor infertility. My test results all came back okay so our first plan of action was to try IUI. Dr. McCormick said I could try without any fertility drugs and just time my cycle, or, as she was recommending, we could use clomid, etc., for a better result. She was definitely in favor of this option, so I agreed to try that. We had four cycles of clomid/IUI that were failures. From what I could tell, the clomid made me push out extra eggs but thinned out my uterine lining so much that nothing could implant. I can't say 100% what the problem but I believe that was it. So Dr. McCormick was going to recommend we try another type of drug, but I was reluctant to do that. Since my tests came back okay I wanted to try the IUIs a few times with no fertility drugs and just timing my ovulation. I could tell that she wasn't super hopeful about option, but she agreed. I really respected that she listened to my concerns and allowed me to pursue what I thought was best for me. And that first IUI without any fertility drugs resulted in my first child! It was so wonderful. When it came time to try for a sibling, I re-took all the fertility tests and things came back okay, so I again told her I would like to try IUI with no fertility drugs, since that worked last time. She agreed, and the first try was successful again and resulted in my second child! So thankful to them, because without them I wouldn't have this beautiful family.
The nurse who performed the actual IUI was very nice, although it was pretty painful every time but one. The staff at the North Tampa office were all very welcoming and nice. Some of the staff at the Clearwater office could be pretty dismissive. In particular was a technician who would perform the ultrasounds to see how many eggs were maturing, but I believe she no longer works there. The people in the front office were generally pretty friendly and nice to deal with it. There was a male technician who worked in the lab there in the office who was a little rude to me. It's just tough in that situation because you're so stressed and worried, and this is the thing you want more than anything else in the world, so when someone is less than kind, it stings.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Overall, the clinics are nice and the staff is friendly, particularly at the north Tampa office. At times I found some members of the staff to be dismissive or impatient, and that can be unpleasant. but overall they were professional and kind.
Almost all of my testing was covered by insurance. Then they carefully explained the costs of the procedures to me, which were not covered. It was very clear.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I had a hard time getting anyone to listen to me about the uterine lining issue I experienced. Given my successful results once I was no longer on the clomid, I believe it was a big issue for me and I had a hard time getting someone to care or listen (this was primarily techs or nurses I was dealing with at this point). they also didn't inform me of the risks of taking the medication over prolonged periods, which I wish had been explained.
Clearwater

The group [The Reproductive Medicine Group] is a very large group, there is just no way for the physicians to know you individually. I have had an experience where my MD mixed up why I was there, or had to review my chart while I was there to confirm...I think the hardest thing for us was just the fact that the practice as a whole was so large, you see the MD for consent signing and the procedure, but none of the monitoring throughout...Second cycle, this office ordered lupron trigger instead of HCG. Which was the whole change for my protocol.
How was your experience with Samuel Tarantino at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
We really liked Dr. Tarantino's personality, he is very friendly and jovial. He is easy for my husband to talk with from a man's perspective this is important, as it's such a sensitive subject to begin with. I think the hardest thing for us was just the fact that the practice as a whole was so large, you see the MD for consent signing and the procedure, but none of the monitoring throughout. I know this is par for the course for a practice this big, but sometimes I just wish we could have more one on one time. For our first round we had all abnormal embryos, and from my own research I felt we should change the trigger, Dr. Tarantino suggested this as well, so I felt comfortable that he was making changes instead of just sticking with the status quo.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Tarantino at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
He is experienced and knows what he is doing, just make sure you know what you need and ask for it! Don't be afraid to question decisions, make sure you keep track of your meds and everything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Tarantino at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
The group is a very large group, there is just no way for the physicians to know you individually. I have had an experience where my MD mixed up why I was there, or had to review my chart while I was there to confirm.
Describe the protocols Samuel Tarantino used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
Cycle 1 - Antagonist protocol with lupron trigger - they use lupron for everyone the first time because it is safer. I agree with this, but for me it did not produce good embryos. We retreived 11, 9 mature, 7 fertilized, 3 blasts (2 BB and 1 BC, so not great quality) and NONE came back PGS normal. Cycle 2 - Antagonist with HCG trigger, 14 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 2 blasts (but better quality, 1 AA and 1 AB), both were PGS normal! Dr. Tarantino thought that maybe the Lupron trigger hadn't worked correctly on me. He said some women's brains don't have the appropriate reaction to the Lupron and the eggs and not matured correctly or fully, creating the abnormalities, which he said the PGS indicated were all maternal issues. This is why he switched to HCG. I agreed after reading, although I was surprised that I only had two blasts, but thankfully they were great quality and both normal, so it worked out!
We have two sets of nurses, the nurses from my office location - clearwater, and the ART nurses, who handle all of the IVF retrieval and transfer cycles. The nurse at my main office location actually made an error on my second cycle and ordered lupron as my trigger, this mistake carried down throughout the ENTIRE prep for my second cycle. Every single nurse would call and try to confirm I was using lupron trigger, which i was not. I was very upset with this, because I know using HCG would change the way I was monitored when it comes to OHSS, etc. So i really didn't want there to be even a single trace of a lupron trigger being used. Finally right before stims started I called and spoke with the ART nurses and was firm but respectful in requesting that they review my charts and make sure all traces of lupron were removed because I was worried that the physician would make decisions based off lupron and not HCG (especially since I said the practice is so large and there is no way for the MDs to remember individual patients). Thankfully the ART nurses appeased me and made sure all lupron traces were removed and never mentioned it again.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Strengths - experience, ART nurse communication Weaknesses - the size
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Pretty efficient, got there in the AM and they just take us one by one. The later you get there the longer it takes, so I try to get there before they open.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Tarantino at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
a full cycle with PGS and meds was around 20K.
Describe Samuel Tarantino's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I agree with him, I am fine with single embryo, since I have never been pregnant there isn't history showing I should try multiple and personally I don't want multiples.
Clearwater

She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] was very knowledgeable and did not push unnecessary procedures on us. She remained positive but realistic when setting expectations. She knew with my PCOS that a fresh transfer would not be as successful so the decision to do frozen was made well ahead of time so we knew what to expect with the timeline...Very honest and informative approach.
When the transfer cycle is complete, we will be at an estimated $25,000 [at The Reproductive Medicine Group]...The clinic is clean and usually runs close to schedule. The office staff is nice and organized and quick to return calls. They have four offices conveniently located throughout Tampa and this comment goes for all of the offices...The [nurses] were very informative and quick to call back. Very organized and utilized an app portal which made it very easy to access my medical information, prescriptions, calendar, and instructions.
She was very knowledgeable and did not push unnecessary procedures on us. She remained positive but realistic when setting expectations. She knew with my PCOS that a fresh transfer would not be as successful so the decision to do frozen was made well ahead of time so we knew what to expect with the timeline.
Do your own research so you come prepared to ask a lot of questions. She is very informative but there is so much information to digest so it is best to go into it somewhat educated.
Very honest and informative approach.
I started with 125 units of Gonal-F and one vial of Menopur for 4 days. I then continued that while adding in Cetrotide for 3 more nights. I then did 2 vials of Menopur with Cetrotide for 1 night and the following night was the trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Heather and Renee )
The were very informative and quick to call back. Very organized and utilized an app portal which made it very easy to access my medical information, prescriptions, calendar, and instructions.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
When the transfer cycle is complete, we will be at an estimated $25,000.
I have not done my embryo transfer yet but she will only transfer one.
Clearwater
I have gone through 3 cycles [with Dr. Betsy McCormick] and we’ve only been able to do 1 IUI so far. The first round I took Clomid and had every side effect possible. We were unsuccessful. The second round we tried Femara and my eggs were not maturing so we never tried for a second IUI. During my 3rd cycle my period was 2 weeks late. We are hoping to be able try again next month.
I really like Heather [nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group]. She has a way of explaining things and she puts me at ease...I think they need to do a better job of informing patients of the timing of things so not to waste their time or money...I wish it was easier to get through to the Clearwater location by phone. I also wish they would do IUI’s there 5 days a week. I do like that office and it’s staff a lot though. The location is very convenient. The office is clean and everyone is pleasant and professional.
I was told she was one of the best. She helped several people we know so we’re putting our faith in her. This is a very emotional journey. Nothing can really prepare you for it mentally. Currently it’s not going as we hoped, but this is at no fault of our doctor’s.
Compile a list of all your questions before each consult.
I have gone through 3 cycles and we’ve only been able to do 1 IUI so far. The first round I took Clomid and had every side effect possible. We were unsuccessful. The second round we tried Femara and my eggs were not maturing so we never tried for a second IUI. During my 3rd cycle my period was 2 weeks late. We are hoping to be able try again next month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Heather )
I really like Heather. She has a way of explaining things and she puts me at ease.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
We have probably spent close to $10,000 already. Unfortunately we are paying for most of it out of pocket.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I think they need to do a better job of informing patients of the timing of things so not to waste their time or money. I know this cannot be exact.
Clearwater

She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] will order every possible test up front and if the situation looks complex she will not be sympathetic or helpful...Although most of my numbers looked good, since my AMH was low she did not want to even try a cycle w my eggs. Recommended going immediately to donor eggs...She was very dismissive and the clinic overall seemed to have a problem with me pursuing becoming a single mother by choice
Everyone at the Clearwater office was very nice, although they kept getting confused about me proceeding without a partner. The Tampa office was extremely negative about me being single...I paid for the individual visits and all of the tests up front out of pocket, about $2000 without ever actually getting to an attempted cycle...They has trouble with me being single and once my test results indicated that it may be difficult they were even more unpleasant.
She was very dismissive. Seemed more concerned about the clinics success rates than me as a patient. They might be fine if you don't have a complex situation, but I got the feeling that she was only interested in how much money she could get without jeopardizing success rates.
She will order every possible test up front and if the situation looks complex she will not be sympathetic or helpful.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I would not recommend this clinic if you are a single mother by choice.
We did not get this far
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
They has trouble with me being single and once my test results indicated that it may be difficult they were even more unpleasant. I definitely feel like they are mostly concerned about getting your money and how you will impact their success rates instead of viewing you as a person.
Clearwater

Dr. Tarantino has been very personable in each visit. I have felt like he always is honest with his opinion and the statistics involved. I have felt pressured to do things "his way" at times, but when pushing back he has been receptive and supportive...lready had tried clomid, so we switched to Letrozole/Femara rounds for medicated cycles. Had a ultrasound prior to starting meds, another one to check follicles and then Ovidrel shot followed by IUI 36 hours later. did 5 cycles, now moving to IVF. He recommended after the 4th try to switch, but insurance required a total of 6 prior to IVF.
They [Repro Med Grp] have several locations and are able to do procedures on the weekends as needed at one location. They have been as helpful and supportive as I could have expected. The required IVF class is an inconvenience for sure ans would be better done as an online module to make it more cost effective and convenient for all involved...I have seen the nurses and ladies in the office the most, they always remember me and are very sweet and encouraging each visit.
Ask questions, and be sure that one, you understand what he is recommending but also that you are comfortable with that plan or push back.
Already had tried clomid, so we switched to Letrozole/Femara rounds for medicated cycles. Had a ultrasound prior to starting meds, another one to check follicles and then Ovidrel shot followed by IUI 36 hours later. did 5 cycles, now moving to IVF. He recommended after the 4th try to switch, but insurance required a total of 6 prior to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
Heather is the IVF coordinator and has been very helpful and responsive to all questions regarding testing to get ready to start IVF.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
They have several locations and are able to do procedures on the weekends as needed at one location. They have been as helpful and supportive as I could have expected. The required IVF class is an inconvenience for sure ans would be better done as an online module to make it more cost effective and convenient for all involved.
I don't remember /know all of it without looking at the bills, my insurance covered 90% after Deductible.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr.T was always on time and explained/answered our questions. He will give as much information as you're interested in knowing or not knowing without overwhelming you with science or data. He let's the patient take the lead, that's helpful when you're deciding on a plan with complex options...Dr.T is great. He will provide as little or as much info as you want to know, he has great bedside manner...He's great, I'd recommend him to anyone seeking fertility care.
The appointments are timely. The [Reproductive Medicine Group] nursing staff are kind and efficient. They call you when requested without fail, the portal is a great resource. It's got all information in one place and that's incredibly helpful along the way with your journey...All the clinic staff are great, patient and thoughtful...Dr.T is great. He will provide as little or as much info as you want to know, he has great bedside manner.
He's great, I'd recommend him to anyone seeking fertility care.
For stimulation, after general workup. 2 weeks birthcontrol Menopur Follistim Granirelix Trigger with leupron and pregnyl Retrival
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Amy Perry)
All the clinic staff are great, patient and thoughtful.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The appointments are timely. The nursing staff are kind and efficient. They call you when requested without fail, the portal is a great resource. It's got all information in one place and that's incredibly helpful along the way with your journey.
Alot of money.
I don't have any comments. We only have one embryo to consider .
2005 - 2012, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Tarantino] wasn't a very good listener. He was only telling me what he wanted to do vs what options I knew existed I had to argue with him to agree to the treatment plan that I thought would be best. He reluctantly agreed and my plan was less expensive and was successful.... He would tell me what I needed to do vs listening to what I knew that needed to be done.... Clomid- to get more eggs to be produced- unsuccessful Ovulation predictors/kits- helped times intercourse. That helped. Fibroid removal-to stop recurring miscarriages and help sustain pregnancies. Successfully got pregnant
They [The Reproductive Medicine Group] have several clinic locations so that is a positive. When you arrive you will still have to wait a while so be prepared to do so....They [nurses] were warm and welcoming. Some were a little cold but that was a minority.... An appointment was made and it wasn't scheduled in the calander so I drove out there for nothing... Communication was good. Just don't be afraid to speak up for yourself if you don't agree with something say so.
He wasn't a very good listener. He was only telling me what he wanted to do vs what options I knew existed I had to argue with him to agree to the treatment plan that I thought would be best. He reluctantly agreed and my plan was less expensive and was successful.
Speak up for yourself, be your own advocate and do your research
They were warm and welcoming. Some were a little cold but that was a minority.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Communication was good. Just don't be afraid to speak up for yourself if you don't agree with something say so. If you need to reevaluate something or look at other options say so. They have several clinic locations so that is a positive. When you arrive you will still have to wait a while so be prepared to do so. But don't be afraid to speak up. Many are helpful but one size doesn't always fit all when it comes to these situations. Most places are trial and error until they find out what works.

2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr. McCormick was always extremely kind. We always understood her as she didn't just talk at us and use medical jargon. She made sure we were always on the same page with treatment and seemed to genuinely care.... She took the time to get to know me and my wife and made us feel like we were well cared for. I even ran into her when I was on maternity leave after my son was born and she knew exactly who we were.
We're a two Mom family so we had to go to a fertility clinic [Reproductive Medicine Group] to have a baby. I have PCOS so we knew that might complicate things. We also found my tubes were blocked the first time around so I had surgery to correct that. We then used letrozole for each IUI cycle. It took 4 tries to become pregnant with my son. The second time we also used letrozole and did IUI and I became pregnant on the first try!
Just that she always made us feel really comfortable.
Dr. McCormick was always very kind. She took the time to get to know me and my wife and made us feel like we were well cared for. I even ran into her when I was on maternity leave after my son was born and she knew exactly who we were.
We're a two Mom family so we had to go to a fertility clinic to have a baby. I have PCOS so we knew that might complicate things. We also found my tubes were blocked the first time around so I had surgery to correct that. We then used letrozole for each IUI cycle. It took 4 tries to become pregnant with my son. The second time we also used letrozole and did IUI and I became pregnant on the first try!
Everyone on the nursing staff was kind and helpful.
Thankfully, my insurance covered most of the cost. We spend a few thousand dollars the first time and a few hundred the second.
Clearwater
I enjoyed working with [Dr. Tarantino] because I felt as though he was very knowledgeable and talented. I had 12 fibroids inside my Uterus and he performed surgery to remove them in a way to preserve my ability to have children. He also removed a polyp. I have taken all his advise and am currently waiting for response from the Genetics testing on our one embryo...has a great personality. He loves to smile and joke around. He gives brief descriptions and only explains things in detail when he you press him for more details.
Weakness [for The Reproductive Medicine Group]: The office is not great at explaining the next steps. They use a portal to communicate and if you want to talk to a nurse and ask questions you have to leave a voicemail and wait for a response...He [Dr. Tarantino] has a strong preference for eSET...I enjoyed working with Dr T because I felt as though he was very knowledgeable and talented. I had 12 fibroids inside my Uterus and he performed surgery to remove them in a way to preserve my ability to have children. He also removed a polyp. I have taken all his advise and am currently waiting for response from the Genetics testing on our one embryo.
DR T has a great personality. He loves to smile and joke around. He gives brief descriptions and only explains things in detail when he you press him for more details. I enjoyed working with Dr T because I felt as though he was very knowledgeable and talented. I had 12 fibroids inside my Uterus and he performed surgery to remove them in a way to preserve my ability to have children. He also removed a polyp. I have taken all his advise and am currently waiting for response from the Genetics testing on our one embryo.
Trust his advise.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Strengths: years of experience, great suggestions. Weakness: The office is not great at explaining the next steps. They use a portal to communicate and if you want to talk to a nurse and ask questions you have to leave a voicemail and wait for a response.
He has a strong preference for eSET.
Clearwater
He [Dr. Tarantino] has always been prepared with our history when we have our consultations as if he remembers our last conversation which I know is difficult with how many couples he sees.... He’s been honest with us from the start. Let us know our options with or without fertility treatment. He’s very encouraging and it makes this process much easier. I like that he gets excited about the treatment because he obviously believes he can help us grow our family!
Office staff [The Reproductive Medicine Group] is nice and welcoming a very organized, they have a lot of reading materials for every step of the way. So far things have been great. We had a bit of a hiccup with insurance but that’s not the offices fault... He [Dr. Tarantino] has always been prepared with our history when we have our consultations as if he remembers our last conversation which I know is difficult with how many couples he sees.
He has always been prepared with our history when we have our consultations as if he remembers our last conversation which I know is difficult with how many couples he sees.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Office staff is nice and welcoming a very organized, they have a lot of reading materials for every step of the way. So far things have been great. We had a bit of a hiccup with insurance but that’s not the offices fault

2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
[Dr. McCormick] was always up to date on everything that was going on. She personally had called me a couple times to speak to me about a cycle instead of the nurses...She knows that going through all this is very stressful and she would always take the time to ensure I understood everything and even gave me opinions before I made a decision...did prefer eSET but I did do one round of 2 embryos
I went to different clinics [for The Reproductive Medicine Group] depending on what was needed to be done or if it was closer to my house or to see dr McCormick. All of them are amazing...They communicate like no where else I have ever seen. I can’t think of a single weakness...Having a good nursing staff is key as well. In the long run you do end up spending most your time with them. When they are just as dedicated to you as the DR that means you have a great clinic.
Dr McCormick was always compassionate about seeing me and my treatments. She knows that going through all this is very stressful and she would always take the time to ensure I understood everything and even gave me opinions before I made a decision.
She makes you feel like a person instead of a number!! She understands how difficult this process is and will make sure you are very well taken care of. For me she felt like a sister by my side.
Dr Mccormick was always up to date on everything that was going on. She personally had called me a couple times to speak to me about a cycle instead of the nurses. I spent a few years with her and I never felt like a number. Even the other nurses and workers knew me and made me feel at home since I did spend a lot of time at the dr.
It’s been a couple years so I don’t remember everything but I do remember we were always changing things with each cycle until I would get pregnant.
I went to different clinics depending on what was needed to be done or if it was closer to my house or to see dr McCormick. All of them are amazing. To be 100% most them knew my name. There was times i had to go each day for weeks. Having a good nursing staff is key as well. In the long run you do end up spending most your time with them. When they are just as dedicated to you as the DR that means you have a great clinic.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
They communicate like no where else I have ever seen. I can’t think of a single weakness. They have several ways they communicate and like I say when you have questions and concern or felt like you did something wrong taking a medication (anytime of the day) they were there for you.
At this point we have spent around 60,000 this includes all surgeries, Dr appointment, medications and all testing.
My Dr did prefer eSET but I did do one round of 2 embryos and she gave me at least a 5 minute lettuce on why I shouldn’t do it. But in the end it was our decision.
Clearwater

She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] was very through, attentive, educated, took the time to answer questions, I felt she was genuine. Although I feel the expected results were over inflated vs another clinics more realistic results. She always replied promptly to calls and messages. Overall her personality, demeanor and skills were great
[Reproductive Medicine Group-Clearwater was] Very thorough, organized, many booklets/reading material for you to go over and gain knowledge, Dr was easy to get a hold of if needed. But I feel the favorable results were over inflated to gain a patient... Since I didn't follow thru with treatment I didn't have much interaction with the nursing staff.although the little I did, they answered my millions of questions and seemed knowledgeable and on top of it
She was very through, attentive, educated, took the time to answer questions, I felt she was genuine. Although I feel the expected results were over inflated vs another clinics more realistic results. She always replied promptly to calls and messages. Overall her personality, demeanor and skills were great
Get a 2nd opinion, I feel the clinic over inflated the favorable results
Based on what I know know...we were given a higher success rate if we underwent ivf than was told by another clinic
Antagonist protocol. Icsi, pgs, Ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Can't remember)
All together for 1 round of ivf/icsi/pgs/ assisted hatching/ meds @22,000
She planned on transfering 2 embryos if possible...but the final goal was quality over quantity

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr McCormick is fantastic! She makes me feel very comfortable and relaxed. She is very knowledgable and explains things in a clear understandable way. Dr. McCormick is very skilled at establishing trust and care upon our first meeting. I felt like I was in the right hands and felt very fortunate to have such a thoughtful, caring and skilled doctor.... During first cycle there were no eggs and the during the second cycle the eggs were still not being produced so the mefication was increased which eneded producing 24 eggs for retrival.
All of my experience has been positive. Every single person has been amazing, from the front desk, nurses, ultrasound techs, and doctors. We always looked forward to coming into the office [Reproductive Medicine Group] no matter the situation, as we were treated like people and not patients. We are so thankful for the care we have received.... Everyone has been really caring and empathetic through the whole process. Always positive knowledgeable, smiling and friendly.
Dr McCormick is fantastic! She makes me feel very comfortable and relaxed. She is very knowledgable and explains things in a clear understandable way. Dr. McCormick is very skilled at establishing trust and care upon our first meeting. I felt like I was in the right hands and felt very fortunate to have such a thoughtful, caring and skilled doctor. She was very thorough and clear with the process and our options. I cannot stress enough how thoughtful and kind Dr. McCormick is which is greatly needed during a sensitive and uncertain time.
To be patient with the process as it is a long road for many.
Due to the care given to us as patients. She made sure we understood everything and kept as up to date with everything.
During first cycle there were no eggs and the during the second cycle the eggs were still not being produced so the mefication was increased which eneded producing 24 eggs for retrival. First transfer did not take so a scratch was done which caused a positive pregnancy but ended in a misscarieg
Everyone has been really caring and empathetic through the whole process. Always positive knowledgeable, smiling and friendly. We were provided with all of the information we needed to have an effective treatment plan and we conceived on our first IUI treatment! I highly suggest anyone having fertility issues come here. Dr. McCormick was wonderful.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
All of my experience has been positive. Every single person has been amazing, from the front desk, nurses, ultrasound techs, and doctors. We always looked forward to coming into the office no matter the situation, as we were treated like people and not patients. We are so thankful for the care we have received.
Approximately $40,000 which so far covered 2 cycles, 1 egg retrieval. 2 egg tranfers and medication
2013 - 2018, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Tarantino] really took the time to explain everything. He also explained each process and how it will would work. I would recommend him to any friends or family going through infertility. He shows great compassion and lets me know that I’m going to have a baby!... We started using Ferma 2.5 and Ovidrel shot. We have had 2 IUI’s and we didn’t become pregnant with either IUI. Just going to see what we should do next.
Just be patient when trying to get through on the phone [with Reproductive Med Group]. If a tech can’t answer your questions.Please always ask for the nurse to answer your questions. The stuff is always working, but can always take time to answer and questions or concerns you have. The nurses explain in great detail in emails they responses to.... Consultant $285 x2 , two dye test $2700 and sonograms 5 at $775 and lab work it cost of 5,000 etc that we have spent.
He really took the time to explain everything. He also explained each process and how it will would work. I would recommend him to any friends or family going through infertility. He shows great compassion and lets me know that I’m going to have a baby!
Just listen to him and he is very knowledgeable and he’s been doing this for many years. Just trust him!
He took the time to explain everything to my husband and I. He came up with a plan and let me know what we have to do. He always listens to my concerns I had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Heather, Jennifer and Nicole )
I have talked to Heather a few times through email and phone calls and she has been wonderful. She explains everything everything and listens to all my questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Just be patient when trying to get through on the phone. If a tech can’t answer your questions.Please always ask for the nurse to answer your questions. The stuff is always working, but can always take time to answer and questions or concerns you have. The nurses explain in great detail in emails they responses to.
I leave it up to the doctor what is best. He knows what works and doesn’t work.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Just that I was scheduled have a IUI and wasn’t canceled. I got a phone call on when was I coming in for the procedure. The other office had canceled it and didn’t let the other office know.
Clearwater
Dr. T [Tarantino] is great! I always feel well informed and that he cares for his patients. He has taken the time to talk to use and really explain our options. We have been able to make informed decisions and always feel like we are supported... During our IVF we used the antagonist protocol. After PGS testing none of our embryos were compatible with life... The only weakness in the clinic [Reproductive Med Group] is that it takes them a while to return phone calls. I am dealing with the special services department
I love everything about this clinic [Reproductive Med Group]... The only weakness in the clinic is that it takes them a while to return phone calls. I am dealing with the special services department and won't hear back for days. Other than that we are very happy with all the services that we recieve... Dr. T [Tarantino] is great! I always feel well informed and that he cares for his patients. He has taken the time to talk to use and really explain our options.
Dr. T is great! I always feel well informed and that he cares for his patients. He has taken the time to talk to use and really explain our options. We have been able to make informed decisions and always feel like we are supported
He is the best.
I love everything about this clinic
Dr. T will only transfer 1

2022, Unknown Success
Dr Goodman was my second doctor and she has been amazing. I haven’t started treatment yet but she has helped me understand my results and what the plan looks like for us. She’s open to answering questions and making sure I truly understand. Even when give not the best news she’s honest but gentle and I really appreciate that. I feel safe with her...only transfer one embryo at a time...
I feel like the clinic [Reproductive Medicine Group] is attentive...everyone was very knowledgeable...The biggest thing is the communication with the clinic, it’s best through your health portal because sometimes you have to call three times to talk to someone or get through but with the portal you get a response very quickly...I have discussed my case with my coordinator and she has helped me get appointments and figure out the time line with me....
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I feel like the clinic is attentive and I felt like they knew my plan and what to do. I could trust them and everyone was very knowledgeable. Like I said I feel very safe with dr Goodman and her team.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I would be aware that you really need the portal because it can be tough to get in touch with someone at the office, it’s just easier by using their portal system for sure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Describe the protocols Sandy Goodman used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
So I haven’t started my process yet but I have a low egg reserve and probably endometriosis so she wants to not go to hard with the medications for egg retrieval and see how my body responds. We are not sure if we can go into a transfer because I also have a low egg count. So the first step for us is to stimulate and see how many eggs I produce and go from there. We might have to take a break before my transfer to do more diagnostics for my endometriosis. She’s very honest that we won’t know much until we try with egg retrieval and go one step at a time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I unfortunately had to pay out of pocket for my treatment because of my insurance. I feel like their prices our reasonable
Describe Sandy Goodman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The group is all about having a safe pregnancy and baby so they only transfer one embryo at a time.

2020 - 2021, Unsuccessful
Dr. McCormick treated me like a number. When I didn’t seem to fit into her normal road of treatment, it felt like she became even more dismissive of me and could not seem to think out of the box...She diagnosed me with PCOS early on, based only on an ultrasound. No additional testing was done at that point...Overall, Dr. McCormick is extremely dismissive and often abrasive in her delivery. I only saw her in person during my attempted HSGs and a phone call consultation 2 times. Everything else went through her support staff....
They [The Reproductive Medicine Group] are rather disorganized, at times. There was a situation with a payment mix up. I spoke multiple times to the head person in the financial department, but every time I walked into the clinic, I was bombarded by questions about this charge. Additionally, sometimes they ran very behind on scheduled appointments...I was told I would need to make actual appointments to have questions answered
Dr. McCormick seems knowledgeable in basic areas of reproduction, but it seemed as though not jumping right to IVF caused her to give me subpar attention and treatment. She diagnosed me with PCOS early on, based only on an ultrasound. No additional testing was done at that point (no A1C, glucose, or testosterone testing). She told me to lose weight, change my diet, and exercise. Unfortunately, if I do have PCOS, it isn’t as simple as going on whatever diets or exercise plans I want. When she had trouble doing my HSG procedure, she did retry several times (and was successful once). However, she never could seem to provide options for how she could access my cervix, as she said it sat funny. I felt she was pretty dismissive about this. Because she could not easily access my cervix to insert a catheter, she said we would just do medicated cycles with timed intercourse. We did this 4 times, with no success. Dr. McCormick never offered to do any other testing or blood work for myself or my husband. I had to ask about another semen analysis for my husband and they realized it had been longer than recommended for another one. So I’m not sure when she would have eventually asked us for one of those. I had to push her to give me some sort of other blood work to check for PCOS. My regular obgyn, my dietitian, and my regular physician were all confused why I was never given an A1C or testosterone test with Dr. McCormick. After pushing for something additional, Dr. McCormick finally had me do a 3 hour glucose test and gave me the name of a dietitian that specialized in PCOS/infertility. I’m still confused why it took 8 months to be given this information. After having an abnormal glucose test, she put me on metformin. However, there seem to be no plans in place to monitor my blood sugar, etc. I was told if I had questions like that, I would need to schedule an appointment to speak to the doctor. I find this rather annoying since each appointment costs me $140. Additionally, after 4 medicated rounds, she decided to do IUI. However, because she could not access my cervix, the technician who was performing the procedure was told to not try and they only inserted the semen sample near my cervix. Overall, Dr. McCormick is extremely dismissive and often abrasive in her delivery. I only saw her in person during my attempted HSGs and a phone call consultation 2 times. Everything else went through her support staff.
Be ready to advocate for yourself with Dr. McCormick. She will usually not listen to you and is very narrow minded in her style of treatment.
While the staff at RMG were generally kind and accommodating, Dr. McCormick treated me like a number. When I didn’t seem to fit into her normal road of treatment, it felt like she became even more dismissive of me and could not seem to think out of the box.
We did 4 medicated (letrozole and Ovidrel trigger shot) with timed intercourse. Rationale was that she could not easily access my cervix, so said I was not a good candidate for IUI. Then we did 1 round of IUI, but the semen sample was planted near my cervix, not inside, because she could not easily access the cervix. My husband was told he had low motility, but nothing was done for this. We had the option to do 3 more IUIs, but decided to move to a new clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Bailey)
Bailey was an okay nurse. However, several times, I was told I would need to make actual appointments to have questions answered. I found this particularly frustrating when my medication was being changed and I was asking if they would be doing anything to monitor my dosage of metformin. Bailey told me I would have to remain on metformin for a month before I could ask to have an appointment with Dr. McCormick. Appointments were expensive on my insurance. Other doctors I have used have been able to answer questions regarding medication.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Generally, all staff is nice and kind. They are rather disorganized, at times. There was a situation with a payment mix up. I spoke multiple times to the head person in the financial department, but every time I walked into the clinic, I was bombarded by questions about this charge. Additionally, sometimes they ran very behind on scheduled appointments and their texting system (which they use to call you in from your car during COVID) did not work correctly half of the time. I appreciate that they have multiple locations for most quick procedures. However, that also meant that it was hard to get to the office you wanted via phone because the calls would reroute to other locations (or you would end up with an answering machine). This made it difficult when I would try to call the specific place I had an appointment to ask a question or ask if they had received my “I’m here” text when arriving for an appointment. The techs/nurses did not always seem to be on the same page. One time, I was asked “what’s the story on the big cyst on your ovary at your last ultrasound?” I answered that I would think that was their responsibility to know what the “story” was.
$700-950 HSG. $150- ultrasound. $350-ish for IUI (sperm wash, insertion part). $92 - Ovidrel trigger shot. $130 - semen analysis. $140 - appointment with dr.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Besides what I have already mentioned, they did call in a drug which I had already said I was allergic to.

2021, Unsuccessful
The doctor [Sandy Goodman] never personalized or discussed what our end goals are. I never got a good understanding of the process, it always felt rushed through...A very standard IVF protocol that you can get from google search- birth control for 15 days, gonal, menopur and triggers. The results are super subpar and we got close to no embryos...The entire IVF process is more stretched out than it needs to be
They [Reproductive Medicine Group] are very disorganized and it is a full time job getting information from them for your protocol. No one ever picks up the phone and its constant voicemail, they call you back after hours or sometimes days. The billing department's takes upfront extra copays and deductibles. They are very slow to process insurance claims and they do not refund you money for months after the process....
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
They just treat you as a number in the IVF game. The doctor never personalized or discussed what our end goals are. I never got a good understanding of the process, it always felt rushed through. The doctor says one thing and then does completely different things after the appointment. They do not honor any timelines with the patient. The entire IVF process is more stretched out than it needs to be
Treat them like human and do not make false promises misleading patients
Dr did not take the time to talk to you and refused to review your profile , relevant results(basic amh, fsh, ovarian reserve) until the non relevant testing is done. Also at no point they explained the process correctly. It was always rushed
Most of the nursing staff can't even draw blood without butchering your arm. One of the nurse is nice and fast. All the sonos hurt as well. Nothing great about nursing stuff, very mediocre
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
There are no strengths to this clinic other than coverage by insurance and location. They are very disorganized and it is a full time job getting information from them for your protocol. No one ever picks up the phone and its constant voicemail, they call you back after hours or sometimes days. The billing department's takes upfront extra copays and deductibles. They are very slow to process insurance claims and they do not refund you money for months after the process. Also they are very disorganized and send you bills to your home demanding more money even though you owe no balance
$7000 after insurance for egg retrieval for 1 cycle
Never made it to transfer as egg retrieval is so poor with this doctor.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
They keep you in limbo for your protocol and do not release it until last minute to order medications in advance. Also they do not get preclearance from insurance until last minute and delay your cycle due to this.

2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
I feel like Dr. Goodman has so many great qualities and strengths. Each time she walks in and greets you, its heartfelt regardless of good or bad news. I like the fact that she "entertained" my wanting to go "back" and address the previously diagnosed blocked tubes...She always explains herself and the why BUT always lets me decide. She is not pushy or overbearing or cold...It just always feels like you are having a conversation with a close relative and not a doctor with Dr. Goodman.
The nursing staff [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] has always been warm, compassionate, friendly and filled with smiles. I have always felt like a person from the moment I sign in to the moment I walk out...As a new patient when you onboard, be sure to arrive with plenty time to account for filling out paperwork. Do your research with your insurance and get with the billing department to discuss self-pay options if your insurance does not cover fertility treatments.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I feel like Dr. Goodman has so many great qualities and strengths. Each time she walks in and greets you, its heartfelt regardless of good or bad news. I like the fact that she "entertained" my wanting to go "back" and address the previously diagnosed blocked tubes. After the 2 unsuccessful IVF cycles, it was close to Christmas which meant holiday break IF we were to proceed with cycle 3. I decided that I needed the mental rest and decided to ask to relook at the previously blocked tubes. Dr. Goodman saw me after the new year and we decided to start with the HSG which resulted in tubes not being blocked and we decided to proceed with the IUI cycles. The fact that she was willing to allow me to go this route for many reasons is wonderful. She always explains herself and the why BUT always lets me decide. She is not pushy or overbearing or cold. I honestly cannot think of any weaknesses to talk about...
Not only as a prospective patient of Dr. Goodman, but as a prospective patient in general for infertility would be to keep an open mind, and remember that every person's body is different and do not be discouraged by the statistics presented. I would also advise to do your own research as well and build your fertility team.
Dr. Goodman has always been candid with me and always has open heartfelt communication with me. If she didn't believe that we can be successful, I do not think that I would be her patient. Additionally, after the IVF "failures", I wanted to go back and address the tubal blockage since I never addressed it and went straight for IVF. We did, which has enabled my significant other and I to proceed with the less invasive IUI route. Although this first round was not successful, we are still optimistic that we will conceive. It just always feels like you are having a conversation with a close relative and not a doctor with Dr. Goodman.
IVF 1: Birth control, then upon start of menses/baseline, nightly injection of Omnitrope 27 units, Menopur 2 vials, Gonal F 300 units IVF 1 cancelled due to follicle size expectation IVF 2: Birth control, then flared with Lupron 20 units 2x/day; Menopur 2 vials 2x/day; Gonal F 150 units 2x/day; Omnitrope 27 units 1x/day IVF 2 I had to order more medications because the follicles were a little slow even with this protocol however I produced 9 follicles total, 7 eggs resulted, 5 fertilized, 3 embryos. Zero were transferred due to each embryo resulting in abnormal results after PGT. IUI 1: Letrozale 2.5mg 2x/day for 5 days; Ovidrel trigger shot IUI 1 unsuccessful; unable to have additional intercourse due to military mobilization due to COVID-19 pandemic/response. Now due to COVID-19, we are in a holding pattern for IUI however if we are able to see and have relations we will.
The nursing staff has always been warm, compassionate, friendly and filled with smiles. I have always felt like a person from the moment I sign in to the moment I walk out.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Up until IVF and IUI, my insurance provided coverage in accordance with my benefits. Super expensive but everything is delineated with the exception of prescription costs.
We are required to attend a seminar in which all of this is addressed and the reasoning why. I believe this clinic only conducts single embryo transfers.

2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
A strength of Dr. Goodman is that she does have a lot of knowledge in the area around infertility and she does explain things thoroughly...She explained the reasons why she would want to look for it if I'm considering IVF. She also explained there's a chance that it's nothing and she will go in there and everything will be fine..Weakness: - Conversation feels rushed. - She has no knowledge on pricing -- that always goes to a separate department. - She is not great at follow through and is hard to get a hold of if you're not face to face
They [nurses of Reproductive Medicine Group] answer super quick on the portal. I've gotten blood taken from them several times and they've been awesome with that -- one stick only. They also really held my hand through the HSG Dye Test...I feel as if the protocol for everyone for the testing is the same. You will have to go through bloodwork (you and spouse if hetro couple), you have options of doing HSG and Saline test, you also have options of Genetic testing. You can decline these tests if wanted. The front desk staff is great -- they are helpful and nice when making appointments or changing appointments.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
A strength of Dr. Goodman is that she does have a lot of knowledge in the area around infertility and she does explain things thoroughly. For example -- After my HSG Dye Test she provided me my results and explained that the Fallopian tube may have a blockage, it may be misshapen, or it may have no issues and I was just laying funny. She explained the reasons why she would want to look for it if I'm considering IVF. She also explained there's a chance that it's nothing and she will go in there and everything will be fine. I appreciated her candor. Weakness: - Conversation feels rushed. - She has no knowledge on pricing -- that always goes to a separate department. - She is not great at follow through and is hard to get a hold of if you're not face to face. After my HSG test I was having pain in my lower abdomen. I went back and they did an ultrasound and also did some bloodwork. I expected to get results of my ultrasound at that point, however, nobody ever discussed with me they just sent me out the door. I was upset, and in pain.. so I went to the front desk and asked them if I can get some answers from my ultrasound. They told me nobody could help me because they were busy, but they will call me before end of day. I did get a call before end of day, but the whole thing was odd. I never saw Dr. Goodman. I was obviously in discomfort and felt very pushed to the side. - No bedside manner. Dr. Goodman is matter of fact. It's black or white. There is no gray.
Definitely have lists of questions ready. She will answer them well. If you're the type of person who likes reassurance and good bedside manner, I suggest looking elsewhere for that.
When meeting with Dr. Goodman she tends to give facts and rush through things. I don't feel like she remembers me when I come for appointments although I've been with her for 3+ years off and on.
I haven't gone into IVF with Dr. Goodman yet. I cannot afford the treatment at her facility and have since switched to CNY. Her only protocol to date has been to put my husband on supplements for his sperm count.
The nursing staff at the facility is great. I never have issues with them. They answer super quick on the portal. I've gotten blood taken from them several times and they've been awesome with that -- one stick only. They also really held my hand through the HSG Dye Test. I had it done with a different doctor than my normal doctor and was nervous about it but they really helped me out. Great staff!
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic overall actually is really good. I feel as if the protocol for everyone for the testing is the same. You will have to go through bloodwork (you and spouse if hetro couple), you have options of doing HSG and Saline test, you also have options of Genetic testing. You can decline these tests if wanted. The front desk staff is great -- they are helpful and nice when making appointments or changing appointments. The clinic is clean and homey. No issues. The biggest weakness I have with the clinic honestly is just the bedside manner for my particular doctor. I can't say the same for every doctor at the clinic.
I have insurance with a high deductible. To date I haven't gotten my IVF done there but I know without insurance it's roughly $12,000 for one round of IVF. The pretesting blood work was maybe around $150 out of pocket. The HSG Dye test was around $600. Each appointment is around $100 for me. I don't remember specifics but that's roughly right. I know the tube surgery I will be having done is going to run me anywhere from $500-$1000 with insurance.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Goodman (and staff) were very welcoming, didn't seem rushed, were very patient with all of our questions and concerns. We felt like she really understood us, did not give us false hope yet at the same time was very confident in our fertility plan. We did NOT feel like just a number or just another patient with her...She spent time with us answering questions and having well thought out and truthful answers...
The clinic [Reproductive Medicine Group] was great! Clean, efficient, and organized. I didn't have to wait too long to be seen...Sarah was our care coordinator and nurse. She was very quick to communicate, knowledgeable and kind...Everyone I came into contact with was very kind, the staff seemed to get along and I never had any issues...very welcoming, didn't seem rushed, were very patient with all of our questions and concerns
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
A few things stood out to me about Dr. Goodman. First, she is very skilled, confident, and knowledgeable. She spent time with us answering questions and having well thought out and truthful answers. She was compassionate. One thing to note, though, is she is a fast talker. I had to take good notes to review later and also have her repeat things at times because she would talk too fast for me to really comprehend. Infertility and the treatments are very involved and complex, so we definitely needed time to fully understand everything she told us. Dr. Goodman is very compassionate and has a good bedside manner. As an example, a few days after my egg retrieval, I started getting symptoms of OHSS (it was awful!). My husband called the office and was able to get through to Dr. Goodman who assured him I would be okay and to come straight into the office. She saw us immediately and gave me an exam to see if I indeed had OHSS. She determined I had a mild case, but it wasn't severe enough for further medical treatment. She was incredibly sympathetic to the pain and discomfort I was in and took the time to assuage our fears, answer questions, and made it clear that if I wasn't starting to feel better or got worse then we were to come straight back in. Overall, she is smart, quick, but will definitely slow down and take her time if/when needed.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and to ask her to repeat something if you didn't quite catch everything the first time. Bring a notebook to take notes.
After our consultation, we were required to go to a infertility class that was put on by our clinic at a local hospital that gave the basics on treatments etc.. I don't remember the names of the drugs. But I started by tracking my cycle with ovulation test strips and then taking birth control for 2 weeks to regulate my cycle. Once I reached a certain day (confirmed by blood tests), we began injections (3 of them - i forget what they were, but pretty standard for egg retrievals from what I understand). We were given a short training session on how to do the injections as well. Injections lasted, i think, 3 weeks and then I had my retrieval (blood tests, again, confirming I was ready for retrieval as well as ultrasound on my ovaries). After egg retrieval, we were told later that day how many eggs were retrieved, then in the next couple days how many embryos were created and finally how many embryos had survived to be frozen. Next, we had our GC come in for a consultation. After a consult and exam, she was determined fit to be our GC and we went through the legal and psych parts. Once we completed that, we could begin the medical process. Our GC also went on birth control to regulate her cycle and once she was at a certain day (confirmed by blood test), injections began. She had 2 or 3 injections daily (progesterone and something else? I think a 3rd was added at some point). Injections took about 3 weeks and then, after blood tests and ultrasounds, she was ready for embryo transfer. After transfer, she maintained injections for a few weeks, even after confirmed pregnancy. At the 8 week mark, we were released from care and transferred to our own OBGYN for the rest of pregnancy. Everything we did was successful. My egg retrieval, from first consultation to frozen embryos took about 4 months (however we did take a break in december for holidays). The surrogacy portion, from first consultation to actually delivering a baby took 1 year.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Sarah (she doesn't work there anymore though))
Sarah was our care coordinator and nurse. She was very quick to communicate, knowledgeable and kind. Shortly after we were released from care, I heard that she had moved on to work somewhere else, though.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic was great! Clean, efficient, and organized. I didn't have to wait too long to be seen (there was one time I did, but it was not the norm). Everyone I came into contact with was very kind, the staff seemed to get along and I never had any issues.
We spent about $15,000 at this clinic for treatments (visits, retrieval, transfer, blood tests and ultrasounds etc). Medications were paid to another company and cost about $6,000. Legal was about $4,000 and the psych eval was in the hundreds.
North Tampa

The key issues I had included: lack of transparency, inflexible/nonsensical policies, use of a cookie cutter clinical approach, no physician interaction outside of major procedures, and Dr. Goodman's terrible bedside manner...Don't expect to see your doctor or any doctor during most of your visits...She has a cold demeanor and is outright condescending when you ask too many questions...Dr. Goodman will not transfer more than 1 embryo and will not transfer mosaics.
The office staff was the one saving grace for RMG. They were kind, had great follow-up, and very responsive. They regularly provided information through the patient portal. I really liked the use of the patient portal because that allowed me to go back and reference directives given to me after my ultrasounds...Strengths: office staff Weaknesses: accessibility of doctors, use of technicians versus doctors in appointments, won't accommodate schedule of a busy professional, won't share information, not told gender of embryos, processes cause significant delays in care
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I would not recommend Reproductive Medicine Group or Dr. Goodman to anyone. I have since moved my care and money to a new practice. My experiences with RMG consisted of 2 IUIs (1 resulted in a chemical pregnancy), 1 retrieval and 1 failed embryo transfer. The key issues I had included: lack of transparency, inflexible/nonsensical policies, use of a cookie cutter clinical approach, no physician interaction outside of major procedures, and Dr. Goodman's terrible bedside manner. Lack of Transparency: Don't expect to see your doctor or any doctor during most of your visits. The techs that complete all your monitoring visits are not allowed to tell you anything and that includes potential number of eggs or share any information about the thickness of your lining for your FET. Someone from another department will call you before the end of the day with next steps. You will not be told the gender of your embryos either which I knew going in and dealt with. I foolishly thought this was all standard practice across all fertility clinics but I learned it is not. In contrast, my new doctor shares and educates me throughout the ENTIRE process. There is a monitor directly in front of me so he can point and count the eggs with me. He ensures I know what to expect before each retrieval. Dr. Goodman told me that they will not share this information (reminder: this is about your own body) because they don't want to create unrealistic expectations. So, they choose to keep you completely in the dark. Inflexible/Nonsensical Policies: You will waste a lot of precious time if you embark on your IVF journey with this clinic. RMG refuses to complete the long list of to-dos concurrently. As an example, they have to get all your results before they will let you sign consent forms which they require you to do with Dr. Goodman who has very limited availability. By the time your results come in, they give you an appointment 2-4 weeks away because Dr. Goodman is booked. The office staff insists it is some kind of law that the doctor is present at the consent signing even though she is there for 1 minute to ask if you have any questions before a nurse comes in to help you fill out the forms. I consistently faced delays in care due to her schedule. I understand that doctors are busy but this was ridiculous. I had to wait 4 months between my retrieval and FET due to all the administrative hurdles RMG created. I can't even count how many times I heard,"Dr. Goodman doesn't see patients on Fridays" or "Dr. Goodman is on vacation". On the other hand, my current doctor provides me with his cell number, works weekends and expects me to text or call him if I have questions. THAT is what I expect when I pay $12k-$15k for a medical service and you should expect that too. The Cookie Cutter Approach: I do not feel that Dr. Goodman did or advised on anything that was clinically incorrect and that is based on follow-up questions I asked my new doctor just to see if his answers differ. However, it feels like she uses a standard copy/paste approach for her patients. I was a fast stim for my egg retrieval and she never bothered to adjust my medications to slow the growth and to obtain higher quality eggs. It felt like she set the protocol in the beginning and let it run with no additional follow-up. My 2nd and 3rd retrieval (not with RMG) consisted of a lot more medication tweaking which yielded higher quality embryos. Limited/No Physician Interaction: I rarely saw Dr. Goodman and never spoke to her on the phone. Of all the appointments I had, I saw her for the initial consult, saline ultrasound, 1 FET and 2 follow-up appointments after the IUI failed and the FET failed. She did not do my retrieval or either of my IUIs. I believe their IUIs are always done by nurses. For the retrieval, Dr. Goodman was again not available so this was done by another doctor. Techs complete all the ultrasounds for your retrieval and FET prep. If you're lucky, you may catch your doctor breezing by you in the hallway. If you have questions, you will need to call the office and talk to a nurse. I've never had Dr. Goodman answer any of my questions unless she is sitting right in front of me. Bedside Manner: I don't need a therapist but I also need my doctor to understand how difficult the infertility road is and that I have a lot of questions floating around in my head. There were several occasions when she was outright condescending. One of her responses that I will never forget is when she said, "I can't be here all day going over all these scenarios with you". That was in response to my many questions about what comes next and when. At the end of the day, I should have done more research so shame on me for not doing it. If you want to be valued like a human being, 100% clued into what they are doing to your body and what is happening to it then this is not the practice for you. Believe me when I say, you can find better care elsewhere.
Fertility options are limited in this part of Florida. If you do not have the luxury of going out-of-state then think about the things that are most important to you and make sure your doctor can live up to your expectations. If RMG is your only option, I would highly recommend talking to several doctors in the practice before choosing one. Lastly, if at anytime during the process you feel that your care is inadequate then pause to consider other options (e.g. new doctor/clinic). It is tempting to plow forward given how impatient we are to hold our future baby in our arms but at the end of the day it's emotionally draining to deal with subpar care.
There is a lot to be desired in Dr. Goodman's bedside manner. She has a cold demeanor and is outright condescending when you ask too many questions. While some clinics/physicians want you to feel that they are there to support you through this hard journey, Dr. Goodman does not. I had to wait MONTHS between treatments because I could not get on her calendar. Responses from her office staff included "she doesn't see patients on this date" or "she is on vacation". You will never see Dr. Goodman or any other physician outside of the major events like the egg retrieval, embryo transfer or consults. All ultrasounds are conducted by techs and she never once called to check-in after an egg retrieval or embryo transfer (even when it results in a negative test).
Egg Retrieval: Menopur, Gonal F and Lupron trigger (6 retrieved/2 normal) FET: Estrogen (2X weekly) for approximately 2 weeks and daily Progesterone injections for 5 days prior to FET
IUI: $800 Retrieval: $13k FET: $7k
Dr. Goodman will not transfer more than 1 embryo and will not transfer mosaics.