612 Medical Care Drive
South Tampa
2919 Swann Ave
Tampa, FL 33609
813-870-3553

The staff [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] is kind and show empathy toward me-they seem to understand the difficulty of going through infertility. They recognize that each visit means that I have suffered another failure. I feel like they are part of my support system during this struggle, not just my healthcare team.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr Yeko is a good communicator-he provided an overwhelming amount of information, but he made notes and diagrams for me to take home to give me chance to process everything. My two consults with him have not seemed hurried and he gave me a chance to ask questions. I have not encountered him at my ultrasound appointments or by five IUIs. I have been told that at least some patients with another doctor at this practice were seen, even briefly, by her doctor every visit, whether it was an ultrasound or the IUI. I do not know whether or not I would be more successful if Dr Yeko "popped in" for every ultrasound and performed all my IUIs, but it might help a new patient when choosing a doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Bring a friend to your consults-I did that after going to my initial consult and I was so overwhelmed by all the information. I brought my best friend and my mom to the second consult and it was helpful to have extra ears and them to ask questions I did not think of.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr Yeko talked to me, not at me. He took time for our consults; I did not feel like they were rushed.
Describe the protocols Timothy Yeko used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
Prior to switching to Dr Yeko, I had a HSG, multiple blood panels, saline sonogram and a laproscopic tube study; all results were within norms for my age. I had six IUI cycles with clomid and HcG injections to stimulate ovulation with two pregnancies and three miscarriages (twins). After the sixth IUI without a viable pregnancy, I decided that a new doctor might be the change I needed. I switched to Dr Yeko. He reviewed my treatment course to that point, explained IVF as an option, and ordered an additional blood panel, karyotyping for genetic problems, and prescribed femara instead of clomid. Those tests were also normal. I had three IUIs with this course without a positive preganacy test. I had a follow up consult with him at this point where he reviewed IVF but also stated that based on all the information we had, I was "normal, but unlucky." Some women might not like that assessment, but I appreciated the candor and knowing that there wasn't a medical impediment to me successfully conceiving. Based on me being "normal," he told me it would not be unreasonable to continue with IUI "at least a few more times" if I was not ready to advance to IVF. I elected to continue with IUI and he ordered an increase to my femara and a therapeutic HSG to make sure my tubes were patent for my next attempts. I have had another two IUIs without a positive test and plan to have my sixth IUI under Dr Yeko's care (12th overall) next month.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The staff is kind and show empathy toward me-they seem to understand the difficulty of going through infertility. They recognize that each visit means that I have suffered another failure. I feel like they are part of my support system during this struggle, not just my healthcare team.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I have been to the South and North Tampa offices and both are pleasant, clean, organized, and parking is ample. The South Tampa office is housed in an old, drab medical building next to Memorial Hospital, but their office suites are updated and comfortable. I have never waited more than 10 minutes to be seen, even when I once mistook my appointment time and arrived late.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Consults cost me $60 (specialist copay). Each ultrasound is $155, each IUI is $200, my mail order HcG injection is $100, and a pharmacy discount card gets me my femara for $12 at WalMArt. I order my specimens from Xytex. They cost just over $1000 each, including shipping and taxes. None is covered by insurance. My insurance did cover my bloodwork and therapuetic HSG.
Describe Timothy Yeko's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
not applicable

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. McCormick is very knowledgeable and kind. She explained all treatment options & her recommended course of treatment. The negative is you RARELY ever see her. You never also receive phone calls from her. Only the nurses.... Dr. McCormick suggested after all test results came back that we had unexplained infertility. I have PCOS and Stage 2 endometriosis. The doctor offered laparoscopic surgery to clear my tubes but they were not blocked after a hysteroscopy was performed with dye. She suggested we try IUI which we have done 2 times with femara and HCG trigger shot unsuccessfully my husband and I will try one more IUI and then we are moving on to IVF if unsuccessful. I am disappointed that the doctor would not increase my dosage of femara for our last IUI.
the office [The Reproductive Medicine Group, Tampa] is great it's very convenient with a multiple locations throughout the area. They accommodate you on Saturdays and Sundays if needed and do you have a brand new Surgical Center in one location. The doctors are knowledgeable and very good at what they do but the blue number one negative thing is that you don't interact with them enough. They do not return calls however the nurses do. Very compassionate kind and understanding
How was your experience with Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Be prepared to deal with mostly nurses.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
The staff and nurses are great but rarely do you see the doctor. The doctor doesn't really call you directly.
Describe the protocols Betsy McCormick used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
The nurses at the South Tampa office are amazing. They are the primary ones that patients see regularly and they also perform IUI
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
the office is great it's very convenient with a multiple locations throughout the area. They accommodate you on Saturdays and Sundays if needed and do you have a brand new Surgical Center in one location. The doctors are knowledgeable and very good at what they do but the blue number one negative thing is that you don't interact with them enough. They do not return calls however the nurses do. Very compassionate kind and understanding
Describe the costs associated with your care under Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Extremely expensive. IUI range but typically cost about 800 cyclo. In vitro cost are typical for the area
North Tampa

The group [The Reproductive Medicine Group] is a very large group, there is just no way for the physicians to know you individually. I have had an experience where my MD mixed up why I was there, or had to review my chart while I was there to confirm...I think the hardest thing for us was just the fact that the practice as a whole was so large, you see the MD for consent signing and the procedure, but none of the monitoring throughout...Second cycle, this office ordered lupron trigger instead of HCG. Which was the whole change for my protocol.
How was your experience with Samuel Tarantino at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
We really liked Dr. Tarantino's personality, he is very friendly and jovial. He is easy for my husband to talk with from a man's perspective this is important, as it's such a sensitive subject to begin with. I think the hardest thing for us was just the fact that the practice as a whole was so large, you see the MD for consent signing and the procedure, but none of the monitoring throughout. I know this is par for the course for a practice this big, but sometimes I just wish we could have more one on one time. For our first round we had all abnormal embryos, and from my own research I felt we should change the trigger, Dr. Tarantino suggested this as well, so I felt comfortable that he was making changes instead of just sticking with the status quo.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Tarantino at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
He is experienced and knows what he is doing, just make sure you know what you need and ask for it! Don't be afraid to question decisions, make sure you keep track of your meds and everything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Tarantino at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
The group is a very large group, there is just no way for the physicians to know you individually. I have had an experience where my MD mixed up why I was there, or had to review my chart while I was there to confirm.
Describe the protocols Samuel Tarantino used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
Cycle 1 - Antagonist protocol with lupron trigger - they use lupron for everyone the first time because it is safer. I agree with this, but for me it did not produce good embryos. We retreived 11, 9 mature, 7 fertilized, 3 blasts (2 BB and 1 BC, so not great quality) and NONE came back PGS normal. Cycle 2 - Antagonist with HCG trigger, 14 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 2 blasts (but better quality, 1 AA and 1 AB), both were PGS normal! Dr. Tarantino thought that maybe the Lupron trigger hadn't worked correctly on me. He said some women's brains don't have the appropriate reaction to the Lupron and the eggs and not matured correctly or fully, creating the abnormalities, which he said the PGS indicated were all maternal issues. This is why he switched to HCG. I agreed after reading, although I was surprised that I only had two blasts, but thankfully they were great quality and both normal, so it worked out!
We have two sets of nurses, the nurses from my office location - clearwater, and the ART nurses, who handle all of the IVF retrieval and transfer cycles. The nurse at my main office location actually made an error on my second cycle and ordered lupron as my trigger, this mistake carried down throughout the ENTIRE prep for my second cycle. Every single nurse would call and try to confirm I was using lupron trigger, which i was not. I was very upset with this, because I know using HCG would change the way I was monitored when it comes to OHSS, etc. So i really didn't want there to be even a single trace of a lupron trigger being used. Finally right before stims started I called and spoke with the ART nurses and was firm but respectful in requesting that they review my charts and make sure all traces of lupron were removed because I was worried that the physician would make decisions based off lupron and not HCG (especially since I said the practice is so large and there is no way for the MDs to remember individual patients). Thankfully the ART nurses appeased me and made sure all lupron traces were removed and never mentioned it again.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Strengths - experience, ART nurse communication Weaknesses - the size
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Pretty efficient, got there in the AM and they just take us one by one. The later you get there the longer it takes, so I try to get there before they open.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Tarantino at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
a full cycle with PGS and meds was around 20K.
Describe Samuel Tarantino's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I agree with him, I am fine with single embryo, since I have never been pregnant there isn't history showing I should try multiple and personally I don't want multiples.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Clearwater

On the occasions I met with Dr Yeko, he was very personable and talked to me, not at me. He took time to talk to me and did not hurry our meetings... I liked his manner and way of explaining everything...He decided to have me try femara since I had six IUIs with Clomid without a viable pregnancy. We tried three cycles with femara and HcG injection for ovulation with no success.After the third fruitless cycle, I met with him again and he (kindly) told me I was "normal, but unlucky."
I do not think I have ever waited more than 10 minutes for my appointment...I've been to their North Tampa and South Tampa sites and found both clean, pleasant, and organized. The south Tampa office building is a rather drab, old building, but their office suites are comfortable and updated. They are easy to find and parking is not a problem...The staff at RMG are kind and know me If they see me outside the office building. They are kind and empathetic to the difficulty of each visit being a sign that the treatment didn't work. I feel like they are part of my support network in this endeavor, not just my medical team.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr Yeko seems very knowledgeable and answered my questions. He gives an overwhelming amount of information, but he takes notes and draws diagrams for me to take home so I can process everything. I have only met with him twice-my initial consult and a follow up after my first IUIs with his group did not yield a positive pregnancy test. I liked his manner and way of explaining everything, though I learned to bring my best friend and my mother to my follow up after attending my initial consult alone. It was really helpful to have some extra sets of ears and someone else to ask the questions I didn't think of. I have been told that patients under the care of other doctors at this practice are seen, at least briefly, by her doctor each and every time she visits. I don't know that having Dr Yeko "pop" in for every ultrasound and be the one who performed my IUIs would have increased my chance of success, but I think it is good to know in case that helps someone else choose their doctor.
Bring a companion to your consults because he is a fountain of information and it's a lot to process. As I mentioned earlier, I have only seen him for an initial and follow up consult. I have not seen him during my ultrasounds and he has not performed any of my five IUIs with his group.
On the occasions I met with Dr Yeko, he was very personable and talked to me, not at me. He took time to talk to me and did not hurry our meetings. The staff at RMG are kind and know me If they see me outside the office building. They are kind and empathetic to the difficulty of each visit being a sign that the treatment didn't work. I feel like they are part of my support network in this endeavor, not just my medical team.
Prior to becoming his patient, I had an HSG, laparoscopic tubal study, saline sonogram, and mutilple blood panels that all came back within norms for my age. Under my previous fertility doctor I had six IUIs using Clomid and HcG injection to stimulate ovulation. I had two pregnancies and three miscarriages (twins). After my fifth and sixth IUIs yielded no positive pregnancy tests, I decided that maybe I should try a new doctor, so I switched to Dr Yeko based on a friend's very strong recommendation. After my consult, Dr Yeko ordered a fresh blood panel and genetic testing which also came back within norms for my age. He decided to have me try femara since I had six IUIs with Clomid without a viable pregnancy. We tried three cycles with femara and HcG injection for ovulation with no success. After the third fruitless cycle, I met with him again and he (kindly) told me I was "normal, but unlucky." Some people might dislike that assessment, but I appreciated the honesty and not being given a bunch of nonsense excuses. Plus, I'd rather be "normal" than have a conditon that reduces my chances of conception. He went over IVF with me again but also told me he did not feel that it was unreasonable to continue "at least a few more times" with IUI if I wasn't ready to consider IVF yet as they had been unable to find any impediment to me getting pregnant that way. I have had IUIs four and five under Dr Yeko's care without a positive pregnancy test. I hope to have my sixth at this practice next month. If it does not work, I will have another follow up with Dr Yeko to discuss my options.
As I mentioned earlier, they are kind and empathetic to the difficulty of going through fertility treatments. I've only had one encounter that I felt the need to discuss with managing staff. The nurse did no harm, I just think she was a bit thoughtless and inexperienced and needed some more practice and guidance. Otherwise, the staff has been pleasant and supportive. They give the impression of being invested in my success.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I've been to their North Tampa and South Tampa sites and found both clean, pleasant, and organized. The south Tampa office building is a rather drab, old building, but their office suites are comfortable and updated. They are easy to find and parking is not a problem. I do not think I have ever waited more than 10 minutes for my appointment. I mistook my appointment time once and was late and not only did they take me, but I did not wait more than a few minutes after I arrived.
Not applicable
Timothy Yeko

Dr. Yeko was pleasant. Being overweight, you are sometimes worried when you see a new physician. He did not address is make us feel unsafe uncomfortable at all. We did feel he was matter of fact. He ordered some tests, some of those didn't give conclusive answer. I feel way better those should have been ordered again. He did not address my husband's low sperm count with suggestions to see a urologist or offers to put on clomid or anything. He gave us a potential treatment course with his recommendations and the odds get thought each treatment held for us.
Reproductive Medicine Group has a good reputation. There facilities are clean. They were mostly punctual for accommodating appointments. No place is perfect. Sometimes hard to get through on the phone.... The nursing staff was great, except the one that did my last iui. I might have been sensitive, but it really hurt physically and emotionally. The sperm washing was very low,and she offered very little encouragement or hope. The procedure that time was painful.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Trust your gut, be your advocate. It's ok to question any doctor.
Dr. Yeko was a nice enough doctor. I don't feel like I truly understood or got a definitive answer for a clear diagnosis. I feel like some additional testing/resting should have been ordered. I feel like he didn't address my husband's sperm issues at all. I feel like there were some gaps which lead us to take a long break before making any additional attempts to grow our family. I did find all the staff very friendly. It was a clean office.
We went through two iui cycles that were not successful. We are taking a break to decide if we want to pursue additional treatment.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Insurance covered diagnostic testing, but no coverage for infertility. Prices will vary per person based on number of ultrasounds needed, etc. A complete iui cycle including meds, ultrasounds, and procedure cost us @$850. We have not done ivf yet, but we were told to expect that to be between $15,000-$20,000.

2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr. McCormick was thoughtful, kind, soft spoken, and really willing to listen to me and my concerns instead of sort of talking over me or treating me as if I didn't have any idea what I was talking about, as I feel a lot of doctors in this profession do. I really enjoyed working with her. And it did feel more like a partnership, which was awesome...Since my tests came back okay I wanted to try the IUIs a few times with no fertility drugs and just timing my ovulation. I could tell that she wasn't super hopeful about option, but she agreed.
I had a hard time getting anyone [at The Reproductive Medicine Group] to listen to me about the uterine lining issue I experienced. Given my successful results once I was no longer on the clomid, I believe it was a big issue for me and I had a hard time getting someone to care or listen (this was primarily techs or nurses I was dealing with at this point). they also didn't inform me of the risks of taking the medication over prolonged periods, which I wish had been explained.
I would say that I think she really tried to work with you and listen to you, so if you have a concern or an idea, to bring it up to her.
I wasn't always thrilled with her staff, as sometimes they felt dismissive. But Dr. McCormick herself was always very thoughtful in her approach, she felt like she was really listening to you as an individual, not just a generic female fertility patient. She also allowed me to make choices for my care that were not necessarily her first choice, but she was willing to honor what I felt would be best (and as it turned out, I was right in my case).
In my case, our issue was male factor infertility. My test results all came back okay so our first plan of action was to try IUI. Dr. McCormick said I could try without any fertility drugs and just time my cycle, or, as she was recommending, we could use clomid, etc., for a better result. She was definitely in favor of this option, so I agreed to try that. We had four cycles of clomid/IUI that were failures. From what I could tell, the clomid made me push out extra eggs but thinned out my uterine lining so much that nothing could implant. I can't say 100% what the problem but I believe that was it. So Dr. McCormick was going to recommend we try another type of drug, but I was reluctant to do that. Since my tests came back okay I wanted to try the IUIs a few times with no fertility drugs and just timing my ovulation. I could tell that she wasn't super hopeful about option, but she agreed. I really respected that she listened to my concerns and allowed me to pursue what I thought was best for me. And that first IUI without any fertility drugs resulted in my first child! It was so wonderful. When it came time to try for a sibling, I re-took all the fertility tests and things came back okay, so I again told her I would like to try IUI with no fertility drugs, since that worked last time. She agreed, and the first try was successful again and resulted in my second child! So thankful to them, because without them I wouldn't have this beautiful family.
The nurse who performed the actual IUI was very nice, although it was pretty painful every time but one. The staff at the North Tampa office were all very welcoming and nice. Some of the staff at the Clearwater office could be pretty dismissive. In particular was a technician who would perform the ultrasounds to see how many eggs were maturing, but I believe she no longer works there. The people in the front office were generally pretty friendly and nice to deal with it. There was a male technician who worked in the lab there in the office who was a little rude to me. It's just tough in that situation because you're so stressed and worried, and this is the thing you want more than anything else in the world, so when someone is less than kind, it stings.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Overall, the clinics are nice and the staff is friendly, particularly at the north Tampa office. At times I found some members of the staff to be dismissive or impatient, and that can be unpleasant. but overall they were professional and kind.
Almost all of my testing was covered by insurance. Then they carefully explained the costs of the procedures to me, which were not covered. It was very clear.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I had a hard time getting anyone to listen to me about the uterine lining issue I experienced. Given my successful results once I was no longer on the clomid, I believe it was a big issue for me and I had a hard time getting someone to care or listen (this was primarily techs or nurses I was dealing with at this point). they also didn't inform me of the risks of taking the medication over prolonged periods, which I wish had been explained.
Clearwater
I'm sure dr. Goodman is a wonderful doctor, but other than the consultation, I never want saw her for any three of my procedures. She was pretty dry, never cracked a smile, was not warm. It's a pretty emotional time for most couples, and she didn't really make our first experience comforting.... I had three IUI procedures, all 3 medicated with letrozole. She told the nurse to tell me when to start my meds, when to come in for an ultrasound, and when to have the semen sample there for the procedure
This clinic [Reproductive Med Group] has a high success rate, but you're going to pay for it. They seem to charge more for their iui and ivf then the surrounding clinics. You will most likely never see the actual doctor after you leave your consultation, they are not hands on.... I was very turned off by the super long wait times, especially when I would call before my appointment to see if they were running behind. I was not pleased that I never saw dr Goodman. I had 3 different iuis, I had 3 different nurses. It was not a very warm and comforting experience.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Not to expect much. They won't ever see her past the initial consultation anyway
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
There were always many people in the waiting room, no matter what time of day. I have waited more than an hour to be seen, I once even waited almost 2 hours because the nurse forgot to submit my paperwork, and the tec didn't know i was there
Describe the protocols Sandy Goodman used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
Pretty cut-and-dry. I had three IUI procedures, all 3 medicated with letrozole. She told the nurse to tell me when to start my meds, when to come in for an ultrasound, and when to have the semen sample there for the procedure
I was probably in that office a dozen times, I never saw the same person more than once. Multiple different nurses did my blood work, ultrasounds, IUI procedures.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
This clinic has a high success rate, but you're going to pay for it. They seem to charge more for their iui and ivf then the surrounding clinics. You will most likely never see the actual doctor after you leave your consultation, they are not hands on.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Nothing specifically wrong. I was very turned off by the super long wait times, especially when I would call before my appointment to see if they were running behind. I was not pleased that I never saw dr Goodman. I had 3 different iuis, I had 3 different nurses. It was not a very warm and comforting experience.
North Tampa
He [Dr. Tarantino] has a very different sense of humor that sometimes was hard to read. I also did not feel like he put enough effort into our treatments. I was the one requesting more test and asking for more meds to be used during the IUI's we had performed. There was no direction on how many we should do before exploring IVF. I was already almost 35 when I visited him for the first consultation so I feel like now after doing more research and talking to others going through treatments, that we should have been put on meds to increase our chances right away.
They [Reproductive Med Group] have multiple offices so location choices were nice but only certain doctors at certain locations. It seemed each doctor would operate out of 2 of the 4 offices. If you were willing to see you doctor at either it made getting appointments easier. The N Tampa office also had a surgery center located in the same building.... I just remember one of my IUI cycles they hadn't put me in the actual schedule for my appointment the day I was ovulating
He has a very different sense of humor that sometimes was hard to read. I also did not feel like he put enough effort into our treatments. I was the one requesting more test and asking for more meds to be used during the IUI's we had performed. There was no direction on how many we should do before exploring IVF. I was already almost 35 when I visited him for the first consultation so I feel like now after doing more research and talking to others going through treatments, that we should have been put on meds to increase our chances right away. We spent so much money in just IUI's doing 4 natural cycles and then only 1 cycle with chlomid on the 5th one, and again I had to ask for it. I felt like he would have just kept letting us waste money. It turned me off from going there and so I went to USF IVF starting in May of 2018.
You have to have a lot of knowledge about what you want going into it already because he is very passive.
I felt sometimes that we had to request things and there was not a lot of direction given to us.
4 natural cycle IUI with home OPK using donor sperm. 1 cycle with chlomid and home OPK using donor sperm. Also performed all testing for hormone levels during cycle and ovarian reserve (AMH) along with saline sonogram and HSG. Before we did the first cycle of IUI he removed polyps found in my uterus during the Saline sonogram. He also perform my D&C for my miscarriage (missed abortion).
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Pam)
Quiet and soft spoken but very nice. Also tended to be passive at times but helpful when approached with questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
They have multiple offices so location choices were nice but only certain doctors at certain locations. It seemed each doctor would operate out of 2 of the 4 offices. If you were willing to see you doctor at either it made getting appointments easier. The N Tampa office also had a surgery center located in the same building.
Cost seem typical for fertility treatments
Never discussed this with him.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I just remember one of my IUI cycles they hadn't put me in the actual schedule for my appointment the day I was ovulating. (they had accidently schedule it for like a week later) Luckily they still saw me but it made me get anxiety for a few minutes thinking they would cancel that cycle.
North Tampa

Dr. Tarantino has been very personable in each visit. I have felt like he always is honest with his opinion and the statistics involved. I have felt pressured to do things "his way" at times, but when pushing back he has been receptive and supportive...lready had tried clomid, so we switched to Letrozole/Femara rounds for medicated cycles. Had a ultrasound prior to starting meds, another one to check follicles and then Ovidrel shot followed by IUI 36 hours later. did 5 cycles, now moving to IVF. He recommended after the 4th try to switch, but insurance required a total of 6 prior to IVF.
They [Repro Med Grp] have several locations and are able to do procedures on the weekends as needed at one location. They have been as helpful and supportive as I could have expected. The required IVF class is an inconvenience for sure ans would be better done as an online module to make it more cost effective and convenient for all involved...I have seen the nurses and ladies in the office the most, they always remember me and are very sweet and encouraging each visit.
Ask questions, and be sure that one, you understand what he is recommending but also that you are comfortable with that plan or push back.
Already had tried clomid, so we switched to Letrozole/Femara rounds for medicated cycles. Had a ultrasound prior to starting meds, another one to check follicles and then Ovidrel shot followed by IUI 36 hours later. did 5 cycles, now moving to IVF. He recommended after the 4th try to switch, but insurance required a total of 6 prior to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
Heather is the IVF coordinator and has been very helpful and responsive to all questions regarding testing to get ready to start IVF.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
They have several locations and are able to do procedures on the weekends as needed at one location. They have been as helpful and supportive as I could have expected. The required IVF class is an inconvenience for sure ans would be better done as an online module to make it more cost effective and convenient for all involved.
I don't remember /know all of it without looking at the bills, my insurance covered 90% after Deductible.
Clearwater

She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] will order every possible test up front and if the situation looks complex she will not be sympathetic or helpful...Although most of my numbers looked good, since my AMH was low she did not want to even try a cycle w my eggs. Recommended going immediately to donor eggs...She was very dismissive and the clinic overall seemed to have a problem with me pursuing becoming a single mother by choice
Everyone at the Clearwater office was very nice, although they kept getting confused about me proceeding without a partner. The Tampa office was extremely negative about me being single...I paid for the individual visits and all of the tests up front out of pocket, about $2000 without ever actually getting to an attempted cycle...They has trouble with me being single and once my test results indicated that it may be difficult they were even more unpleasant.
She was very dismissive. Seemed more concerned about the clinics success rates than me as a patient. They might be fine if you don't have a complex situation, but I got the feeling that she was only interested in how much money she could get without jeopardizing success rates.
She will order every possible test up front and if the situation looks complex she will not be sympathetic or helpful.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I would not recommend this clinic if you are a single mother by choice.
Describe Betsy McCormick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
We did not get this far
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
They has trouble with me being single and once my test results indicated that it may be difficult they were even more unpleasant. I definitely feel like they are mostly concerned about getting your money and how you will impact their success rates instead of viewing you as a person.

Investor
I felt that i was rushed into scheduling an IUI without a proper diagnosis [by Dr. Betsy McCormick]...is very knowledgeable. However, she failed to monitor my IUIs as I think she should. I had 3 failed IUIs under her care. I had to repeat several sonograms because they scheduled my visit at wrong dates. Each sonogram was $150. I was paying out of pockets since my insurance does not cover fertility treatments. The IUIs cost more than expected.
When I decided to change doctors, i requested my medical records [from The Reproductive Medicine Group] to be transfer to my new clinic. The staff told me they would fax it and it would take 7 to 10 days. I waited the 10 days and the records were never sent. I had to make an appointment to pick up my chart...This clinic has several locations which is very convenient. However, scheduling an appointment for some reason is not as convenient. I think it has to do with the many patients they see. Also, the procedures are only done in the Fletcher location.
Dr. McCormick is very knowledgeable. However, she failed to monitor my IUIs as I think she should. I had 3 failed IUIs under her care. I had to repeat several sonograms because they scheduled my visit at wrong dates. Each sonogram was $150. I was paying out of pockets since my insurance does not cover fertility treatments. The IUIs cost more than expected.
Do your research before you go to this doctor and if you do decide to go see her, make sure you get a diagnosis before starting any treatment.
I felt that i was rushed into scheduling an IUI without a proper diagnosis. I felt this doctor and clinic are more concern on how much money they can bring in, than helping people.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The care coordinator was very professional and attentive. She made herself available at all times. The nurse that performed my IUIs was pregnant and she wasn't in the best mood but I was understanding.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
When I decided to change doctors, i requested my medical records to be transfer to my new clinic. The staff told me they would fax it and it would take 7 to 10 days. I waited the 10 days and the records were never sent. I had to make an appointment to pick up my chart.

2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr. McCormick was always extremely kind. We always understood her as she didn't just talk at us and use medical jargon. She made sure we were always on the same page with treatment and seemed to genuinely care.... She took the time to get to know me and my wife and made us feel like we were well cared for. I even ran into her when I was on maternity leave after my son was born and she knew exactly who we were.
We're a two Mom family so we had to go to a fertility clinic [Reproductive Medicine Group] to have a baby. I have PCOS so we knew that might complicate things. We also found my tubes were blocked the first time around so I had surgery to correct that. We then used letrozole for each IUI cycle. It took 4 tries to become pregnant with my son. The second time we also used letrozole and did IUI and I became pregnant on the first try!
Just that she always made us feel really comfortable.
Dr. McCormick was always very kind. She took the time to get to know me and my wife and made us feel like we were well cared for. I even ran into her when I was on maternity leave after my son was born and she knew exactly who we were.
We're a two Mom family so we had to go to a fertility clinic to have a baby. I have PCOS so we knew that might complicate things. We also found my tubes were blocked the first time around so I had surgery to correct that. We then used letrozole for each IUI cycle. It took 4 tries to become pregnant with my son. The second time we also used letrozole and did IUI and I became pregnant on the first try!
Everyone on the nursing staff was kind and helpful.
Thankfully, my insurance covered most of the cost. We spend a few thousand dollars the first time and a few hundred the second.
Clearwater
She [Dr. Sandy Goodman] put me on metformin not because I'm a diabetic, she told me that multiple times but she said it would help at the beginning stages since I am a larger woman. Then she had me lose about 20 lbs. She said that this would give me a better shot a successful transfer. I was able to lose the weight quickly due to my motivation level. Once those steps were complete I attended a seminar to understand the benefits of single transfer vs multiple. Then I attended a class to understand my medication and how to administer it and the importance of doing it same time daily. She really expressed the importance of consistency with the medication process
When I went to do the egg retrival it was in a different location then what I was used to [at Reproductive Medicine Group- Brandon]. The area is not private and each person and spouse is separated by a sheet. I heard how many eggs the person next to me retrived and was disappointed when my nurse didn't tell me until I asked. Mine was a very low number and knowing what the lady before me had made me sad. I wish there was a little more privacy
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
First of all not having any coverage for the procedure she was very thorough in getting our options. We didn't have much money to try different options. She informed us the best bet would be Ivf. I had a different friend who was at a different clinic go through her process and the process failed her. Dr. Goodman helped me understand how we would go step by step and the benefits vs the risk. I never felt rushed or uninformed. She was not the doctor that was on during egg retrival but she was the doctor that placed the egg back. That day was very emotional. Out of 7 eggs retrived we only had one that made it through genetic testing. It was our one shot. I wouldn't have wanted any other doctor to complete the transfer. I cried, she hugged me and it just felt right.
Be direct with her and she will be the same with you.
everytime I met with the Dr I was greeted warmly and never felt rushed during my appointment. Things were explained clearly and I felt at ease during each step of the process. The hug I received when I heard the baby's heart beat for the first time will forever stick with me
She put me on metformin not because I'm a diabetic, she told me that multiple times but she said it would help at the beginning stages since I am a larger woman. Then she had me lose about 20 lbs. She said that this would give me a better shot a successful transfer. I was able to lose the weight quickly due to my motivation level. Once those steps were complete I attended a seminar to understand the benefits of single transfer vs multiple. Then I attended a class to understand my medication and how to administer it and the importance of doing it same time daily. She really expressed the importance of consistency with the medication process
There were many different nurses I worked with. Each encounter was a positive experience and I was always able to get answers quickly
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
When I went to do the egg retrival it was in a different location then what I was used to. The area is not private and each person and spouse is separated by a sheet. I heard how many eggs the person next to me retrived and was disappointed when my nurse didn't tell me until I asked. Mine was a very low number and knowing what the lady before me had made me sad. I wish there was a little more privacy
It was always first thing in the morning first come first serve. Some days were busier than others but it seems like the clinic tried to spread us out so it was not a cattle call situation
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
All in it was about $25,000 5k of it I opted for for genetic testing, so it could have been less. And that is with medication cost included. I would opt to genetic test again. 4 of 5 of my eggs did not pass the genetic marker test
Describe Sandy Goodman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
They were very unfront with their eSET stats and reasoning behind it. Every person that goes theough their practice has to attend a mandatory meeting about the why behind it and the benefits

2014 - 2016, Successful
During our consultation, he [Dr Timothy Yeko] provided statistics and probabilities for success for our given IF situation. I appreciate this approach, as I like data. But he was compassionate as well. I didn't feel like a number. He was dead on for my prescribed treatment, because not once did the nurses have to adjust my protocol.
The staff at the Brandon office [of The Reproductive Medicine Group] was amazing. Amy was the best. She was the US technician and the main person I communicated with for all of my checks. She remembered us when we came back for FET consultation. She's patient and thorough, and can answer questions as good, if not better than the doctors!...For Fresh IVF cycle with ICSI it cost about $11,000. Meds were approx $2400. For Frozen transfer, cost is about $4000, meds were appox $400
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. Yeko is clearly very knowledgeable in the area of RE and infertility. He was kind to my husband and to me, and never seemed to rush us through our consultation appointments. During our consultation, he provided statistics and probabilities for success for our given IF situation. I appreciate this approach, as I like data. But he was compassionate as well. I didn't feel like a number. He was dead on for my prescribed treatment, because not once did the nurses have to adjust my protocol. Everything went exactly as planned, to the date. He was not the doctor who actually performed the retrieval or transfer though. The transfer did result in a pregnancy and live birth and I received a kind note from Dr. Yeko congratulating us. I recently saw him again to prepare for FET. I did take him a minute to remember us, but once he reviewed my file, he seemed to remember.
He is not there to make the decision for you. He will present you your options, he will give you the data you need to make the decision on your best course of actions. But ultimately the decision is yours to make.
I felt as though Dr. Yeko was very thorough in his initial meeting with my husband and me. He walked us through all of the possibilities, our different options, numbers and percentages. I am very numbers and statistics driven, so I appreciated this approach. He did not force us into one decision over another (IUI vs IVF) but instead talked through the pros and cons of each, and the probability of success for us, given our situation. He spent as much time as we needed, and answered all of our questions and concerns relating to IVF. He did refer us to his staff when we had specific questions relating to my protocol (once it was assigned). We recently met with him again to talk about frozen transfer for baby 2, and he was again, very thorough. He anticipated questions I would have, before I even had a chance to ask them.
I stimmed with ganirelix and follistem, and triggered with lupron. They retrieved 19 eggs, 18 fertilized via ICSI, and 10 made it to day 5. I transferred 1 and frozen the remaining 9.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
The staff at the Brandon office was amazing. Amy was the best. She was the US technician and the main person I communicated with for all of my checks. She remembered us when we came back for FET consultation. She's patient and thorough, and can answer questions as good, if not better than the doctors!
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable in the Brandon office. They become like family, as you see them so often! They truly seem invested in a positive outcome and cheer you along the way.
monitoring appts were first thing in the morning (7:15am). You were seen in the order you showed up, so I learned to get there a little before then. I never waited more than 20 mins.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
From day of this process she [Dr. Goodman] has been honest and upfront with us regarding our care and possible results. The first question we (my husband and myself) are asked at every appointment is "how are you doing? physically and emotionally?". She understands my need for research and has been happy to answer any and all questions I have asked and even pointed me in the right direction when I said more research was necessary to make me comfortable. At no point have my husband or I ever felt judged or mistreated by her or any of the staff...
The clinic is standard [at Repro Med Grp - N Tampa]. They keep the cute and fluffy to a minimum...The staff has been wonderful. They answer every question we have and show a sincere concern for our health and well being...The monitoring was a well-oiled machine. Hours were int he morning before work. Wait times were kept to a minimum...
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Our problem was very specific. Dr. Goodman did not sugar coat the news when she saw my diagnosis. She explained in detail the problems that we would face and the difficulty ahead. She also explained her treatment, success, and failures with previous patients with the same diagnosis. After the first cycle failed to produce any viable embryos she sat down with us and explained my condition was even more severe than she had anticipated. She was very honest that we could try again but there was no guarantee the results would change. Through out this entire process, I never felt any pressure from her to make decisions. She wanted us to take out time and feel comfortable with what we were deciding.
Ask questions. The more knowledge you have the more power you have and the easier it is for her to work with you in coming up with a treatment plan.
I cannot say enough kind words about Dr. Goodman. From day of this process she has been honest and upfront with us regarding our care and possible results. The first question we (my husband and myself) are asked at every appointment is "how are you doing? physically and emotionally?". She understands my need for research and has been happy to answer any and all questions I have asked and even pointed me in the right direction when I said more research was necessary to make me comfortable. At no point have my husband or I ever felt judged or mistreated by her or any of the staff.
I suffer from stage 4 endometriosis and ovarian cysts. Because this diagnosis was not made until I was in my 30's, there is extensive damage to my ovaries. I was not a candidate for any treatment other than IVF. For both my cycles we have used the Ganarelix protocol. cycle 1 produce 14 eggs of which 12 fertilized but only 1 matured to blastocyst. We are using PGS screening and that 1 blastocyst was found to be missing a chromosome. After the unsuccessful first cycle the dosage of my meds was upped in the hope of producing viable embryos. The second cycle was more successful. We had 19 eggs and in the end were able to send 6 blastocyst samples to be screened with 4 coming back as genetically perfect. At this time we are in the process of begiing injections to let to our 1st transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is standard. They keep the cute and fluffy to a minimum. There are encouraging pictures and quotes on the walls throughout. I appreciate the clinic is not filled with pictures of the babies they have helped conceive. The last thing most of us want if for other people's success to be shoved in our faces during this difficult time.
North Tampa

Dr. Goodman has a heart of gold. She always talked to me like a friend. She always was aware of my facial expressions and could tell if I was not understanding something she was saying. Dr. Goodman always spoke in a soft gentle tone and would go over everything from the beginning each visit and ask if anything changed from visit to visit.... We used clomid early on, and after we got a positive pregnancy test we tracked my progesterone levels, to ensure they are where they should be.
The clinic [Reproductive Medicine Group] is very welcoming. From the time you walk in to the moment you leave you will always feel like your home. There are many items to read and if you want a distraction there's always something playing softly on the tv to keep your mind at ease.... The nursing staff was amazing. Everyone showed compassion and concern for each patient. They all had a great connection and remembered everything about me and my treatment.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Go in with an open mind and all you knowledge of your past history, both for yourself, your spouse and both family sides. Dont be afraid to ask questions or to have questions written down for your first appointment.
Dr. Goodman sat and talked with me like a friend. She was very compassionate and considerate of my feeling and emotions. She always took time with me during my appointments and I never felt like she was rushing me.
We used clomid early on, and after we got a positive pregnancy test we tracked my progesterone levels, to ensure they are where they should be. When we were noticing the levels not being there she prescribed me progesterone vaginal injections for a daily basis and then she would continue to check my levels and monitoring of our little baby.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is very welcoming. From the time you walk in to the moment you leave you will always feel like your home. There are many items to read and if you want a distraction there's always something playing softly on the tv to keep your mind at ease.
Brandon

Dr. McCormick was compassionate which we appreciated. We were disappointed that our treatments were not more aggressive when we were unable to get to where we needed to be for the most successful transfer in our eyes. After we had a failed pregnancy we were saddened that she would not suggest trying anything different for a second round....Overall she was very kind throughout the process and took time to meet with us when we had questions or concerns.
We were disappointed with the staff [Repro Med Group- S Tampa]. There were many times when we felt rushed by them or were sent from nurse to nurse to get a question answered....Our feelings were taken into account with our doctor. The nursing staff wasn't as considerate....The clinic was timely in getting blood work and ultrasounds back. They also were very caring during our retrieval and transfer at the surgery center.
Dr. McCormick was compassionate which we appreciated. We were disappointed that our treatments were not more aggressive when we were unable to get to where we needed to be for the most successful transfer in our eyes. After we had a failed pregnancy we were saddened that she would not suggest trying anything different for a second round. We are not looking to seek out the same protocol and have found other doctors that are. Overall she was very kind throughout the process and took time to meet with us when we had questions or concerns.
Don't just find out what they can do. Find out what they will do when something isn't going according to plan.
We were disappointed with the staff. There were many times when we felt rushed by them or were sent from nurse to nurse to get a question answered. This can be tough to deal with when you're on the emotional IVF rollercoaster.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
We only had one embryo to transfer however had we had more we were told they would only want to transfer one to eliminate multiple births during a first round of IVF.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Good experience. He walked me through miscarrying twins (a month apart) with compassion and helped me figure out next steps when it was time....He [Dr Tarantino] cared about my treatment. When we switched REs we interviewed several - the doctor at RMG (who is no longer there) was the only one to have actually read my file before he sat down with me and thus was able to answer my questions and help me make informed decisions. When I was transfered to Dr. T's care he also read my file and was prepared when he met with me.
When you are doing special services, sometimes there is a hiccup between the special services team and the IVF team. However the special services team will get it done. the results were worth the drive from Gainesville - we are now working on #2!...Cindy [nurse at Reproductive Medicine Group] is a plain speaking, get it done kind of woman. She is in charge of special services (donor eggs and surrogates) and knows how to juggle all of the different balls it takes to get these things done. She may not be warm and fuzzy all the time, but sometimes just getting things moving is more important.
The clinic may not be the most Luxurious in terms of furnishings but I felt like I received excellent care.
He cared about my treatment. When we switched REs we interviewed several - the doctor at RMG (who is no longer there) was the only one to have actually read my file before he sat down with me and thus was able to answer my questions and help me make informed decisions. When I was transfered to Dr. T's care he also read my file and was prepared when he met with me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Cindy)
Cindy is a plain speaking, get it done kind of woman. She is in charge of special services (donor eggs and surrogates) and knows how to juggle all of the different balls it takes to get these things done. She may not be warm and fuzzy all the time, but sometimes just getting things moving is more important.
North Tampa

She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] was very through, attentive, educated, took the time to answer questions, I felt she was genuine. Although I feel the expected results were over inflated vs another clinics more realistic results. She always replied promptly to calls and messages. Overall her personality, demeanor and skills were great
[Reproductive Medicine Group-Clearwater was] Very thorough, organized, many booklets/reading material for you to go over and gain knowledge, Dr was easy to get a hold of if needed. But I feel the favorable results were over inflated to gain a patient... Since I didn't follow thru with treatment I didn't have much interaction with the nursing staff.although the little I did, they answered my millions of questions and seemed knowledgeable and on top of it
She was very through, attentive, educated, took the time to answer questions, I felt she was genuine. Although I feel the expected results were over inflated vs another clinics more realistic results. She always replied promptly to calls and messages. Overall her personality, demeanor and skills were great
Get a 2nd opinion, I feel the clinic over inflated the favorable results
Based on what I know know...we were given a higher success rate if we underwent ivf than was told by another clinic
Antagonist protocol. Icsi, pgs, Ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Can't remember)
All together for 1 round of ivf/icsi/pgs/ assisted hatching/ meds @22,000
She planned on transfering 2 embryos if possible...but the final goal was quality over quantity
2013 - 2016, Successful
Investment Banker
The clinic [Reproductive Medicine Group] was always easy to get on the phone, which I appreciated. The billing was always a little frustrating to deal with when there was insurance involved. It was super convenient that they have an attached surgery center.... The nurses were always so friendly. I had several breakdowns in office and they were always so comforting. Several of them had gone through fertility treatments themselves.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. Goodman always made me feel like i had a voice in what we were doing. She answered my questions thoroughly and made sure I understood. She was there for my first ultrasound confirming my pregnancy and gave me a hug and a what to expect book. I received follow up hand written notes from her after my care was complete. The only negative is that sometimes I had to wait a while to get called back for my appointment. But i understand that sometimes doctors have to step away for a time sensitive procedure with another patient.
Be open and honest with her about how you feel each step of the way so that she can help you through it. It’s easy to overanalyze everything that’s happening and doubt the process, but she knows what she’s doing and can help ease your mind.
I feel as though Dr. Goodman cared about how I felt through the process. I have received several heartfelt letters from her in the mail as well, congratulating me on the births of my children.
My first round of IVF we used a basic protocol for unexplained infertility (don’t recall the name). We decided not to do ICSI because there was no indication that it would be needed. After retrieval, only one of the 17ish egg retrieved fertilized. That one embryo was not replicating cells like it should have. I went in on transfer date and had the 2 celled embryo transferred because we had gone that far in the process already. They left that decision up to me. I ended up not getting pregnant, no real surprise there. They changed my protocol for the second cycle and I had to do Lipton shots in the morning and evening. They monitored me closely for overstimulation. They did icsi and assisted hatching and I got 7 good quality 5 day embryos. I transferred 2 AA embryos (my choice and insistence) and froze the other 5. I used crinone suppository progesterone until 11-12 weeks. I had a healthy twin pregnancy.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic was always easy to get on the phone, which I appreciated. The billing was always a little frustrating to deal with when there was insurance involved. It was super convenient that they have an attached surgery center.
I was lucky to have insurance coverage, so once I met my $1800 out of pocket maximum, all costs were covered. I was going to have a frozen embryo transfer done in 2016 and it would have been $4000 plus medications. I ended up getting pregnant on my own the cycle before.
I had to sign off that I was declining a single embryo transfer and wanted a multiple transfer. I had to acknowledge that there was a good chance of a twin pregnancy and the risks involved. I think they do things a little differently now though- 4 years later.
2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Yeko explained my condition, my odds of getting pregnant, and all of my options in a very clear manner. I was very educated and informed about fertility treatments beforehand, so I didn't want anyone to sugarcoat things for me. I needed him to give it to me straight and he did that. But he was also VERY optimistic and gave me even more hope than what I had...I felt I could trust him because he was not pushing me to do the most expensive thing...
I honestly can't think of any weaknesses [at Repro Med Grp - Brandon]. They were all kind and compassionate and knowledgeable. I never had problems with billing and never had to wait very long at my appointment...They were all so kind and knowledgeable. For the actual inseminations, I typically requested that Kristin be my nurse. She was very experienced and SO SO positive. She actually made the experience pleasant. All staff were excellent when I called with questions and all were willing to work with me on anything I asked for...
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
While I ended up getting pregnant on a natural cycle while taking a break from IUI, I was SO GRATEFUL to Dr. Yeko. After 5 failed IUIs and one IUI that resulted in a chemical pregnancy, he was diligent in determining why I only had one success and had a plan moving forward that did NOT require IVF though he answered all of my IVF questions as I was the one getting impatient. I felt I could trust him because he was not pushing me to do the most expensive thing. He remained very realistic and optimistic which was what I needed. It is worth mentioning that I have a friend who saw Dr. Yeko and she had really bad egg quality with the only solution being egg donation (she also got 2nd and 3rd donations) and she was very disappointed with Dr. Yeko's bedside manner in delivering this news to her. For my 2 years of secondary unexplained infertility, I felt Dr. Yeko was PERFECT, but based on her experience, he may not be great for those in more dire infertility situations.
Dr. Yeko will give you straight answers. If your situation is optimistic, he will be even more optimistic than you are! If your situation is not good, he is realistic and straight-forward.
for IUI I believe I went in on CD3 for a sonogram and to get my Femara Rx. On CD11, i went in for another sonogram to make sure I had at least one good follicle for release and they would tell me when I could take my HCG shot (at home) and schedule the IUI. The BEST part was that my husband could provide his sample at home and I could bring it to the lab a few hours before the IUI. This convenience was great for us. Of the 6 IUIs that I had, only two took place when I had follicles on my right side and one of those IUIs resulted in a chemical pregnancy. I was ready to move on to IVF (impatient), but Dr. Yeko pointed out that I may have a slight tube blockage on the left side (my dye test showed that my left side took much longer to clear the dye), so moving forward, he would treat me as if I had a blocked tube so we would only inseminate during cycles where I had follicles on the right side. My husband and I were very pleased with this course of action as something to try before moving forward with much more complicated and expensive treatments.
I was in love with them! They were all so kind and knowledgeable. For the actual inseminations, I typically requested that Kristin be my nurse. She was very experienced and SO SO positive. She actually made the experience pleasant. All staff were excellent when I called with questions and all were willing to work with me on anything I asked for. They were wonderful at every step of the way.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I honestly can't think of any weaknesses. They were all kind and compassionate and knowledgeable. I never had problems with billing and never had to wait very long at my appointment.
Luckily, my insurance covered unlimited IUIs. With insurance, I believe I paid about $200 for each IUI.

2015, Unsuccessful
Horrible compared to the clinic I came from. No appointments were ever on time. No explaining was done - just verbal directions I had to record myself or try to remember. He [Dr Yeko] wrote out the options with the percentages and just left the decision up to us. I feel like as the doctor he should be telling us what his recommendations are (IUI vs IVF) not just saying here are the stats you can decide.
I waited 2.5 hours for the first visit [at Reproductive Medicine Group] without any sort of apology. I was brought in and the first question was - why are you here? No one had bothered to read my medical records I had sent over from another state (and Doctor). We were rushed through and there was no acknowledgement of the failed IVF at a previous clinic. He didn't seem to care about anything.
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Horrible compared to the clinic I came from. No appointments were ever on time. No explaining was done - just verbal directions I had to record myself or try to remember. He wrote out the options with the percentages and just left the decision up to us. I feel like as the doctor he should be telling us what his recommendations are (IUI vs IVF) not just saying here are the stats you can decide.
Be prepared to wait, ask many questions, record everything yourself, and challenge the relaxed attitude if you want results
I waited 2.5 hours for the first visit without any sort of apology. I was brought in and the first question was - why are you here? No one had bothered to read my medical records I had sent over from another state (and Doctor). We were rushed through and there was no acknowledgement of the failed IVF at a previous clinic. He didn't seem to care about anything.
We tried IUI with Clomid. It failed.
Some were rude, always running behind and seemed frazzled - even when I was the first patient of the day (still 15 min late). Very few instructions. Compared to my previous clinic it was horrible.
Dirty, old, cramped
IUI was $850 including drugs. The typical office visit was around $150 and the initial visit was $350
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
No instructions on drugs (refrigeration). Always had to wait (avg wait 45 min)
2013 - 2015, Successful
Dr Goodman is extremely knowledgeable and is an excellent surgeon. I trusted her completely. She could sometimes be blunt, but overall she truly cared about my experience and what was best for me. I trusted her expertise in the field- which was extensive...Ask questions- she will be more than happy to answer them...knew me by name and had such compassion for all I was going through.
[The Reproductive Medicine Group] is a busy practice so wait times could be shorter. Also, billing staff could be more knowledgeable. There was a bit of turnover within the billing staff. The front office staff were very helpful and knowledgeable and pleasant. I always enjoyed dealing with them...The doctors, nurses and staff all knew me by name and had such compassion for all I was going through.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Ask questions- she will be more than happy to answer them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
They were all so cute ncreduvly compasdionate and attentive.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
It is a busy practice so wait times could be shorter. Also, billing staff could be more knowledgeable. There was a bit of turnover within the billing staff. The front office staff were very helpful and knowledgeable and pleasant. I always enjoyed dealing with them.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
There was one time a nurse forgot to call in a prescription.
2011 - 2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Yoko] was very open and realistic while still remaining optimistic. His strength is that he is very honest. It was very good to have someone we trusted doing our procedures even if we were not successful.... The clinic was great. They worked very well together. We never had any problems. They all seemed to work together to get the best results. Their strength include the friendliness of the staff and how well organized they are. Their communication is also exceptional.
The clinic [Reproductive Med Group] was great. They worked very well together. We never had any problems. They all seemed to work together to get the best results. Their strength include the friendliness of the staff and how well organized they are. Their communication is also exceptional.... He [Dr. Yoko] was very open and realistic while still remaining optimistic. His strength is that he is very honest. It was very good to have someone we trusted doing our procedures even if we were not successful
How was your experience with Timothy Yeko at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
He was very open and realistic while still remaining optimistic. His strength is that he is very honest. It was very good to have someone we trusted doing our procedures even if we were not successful.
Remain open minded to all options.
He was very kind and empathetic but remained realistic in his approach.
I don’t remember much other than icsi being a main part I f our IVF each time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
They were amazing. They felt like family to us. We were so happy with them.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I believe IVF was about 9000 and medication around 3000 per cycle.
I wish we would’ve had more than two transferred. It should be left up to the patient
2005 - 2012, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Tarantino] wasn't a very good listener. He was only telling me what he wanted to do vs what options I knew existed I had to argue with him to agree to the treatment plan that I thought would be best. He reluctantly agreed and my plan was less expensive and was successful.... He would tell me what I needed to do vs listening to what I knew that needed to be done.... Clomid- to get more eggs to be produced- unsuccessful Ovulation predictors/kits- helped times intercourse. That helped. Fibroid removal-to stop recurring miscarriages and help sustain pregnancies. Successfully got pregnant
They [The Reproductive Medicine Group] have several clinic locations so that is a positive. When you arrive you will still have to wait a while so be prepared to do so....They [nurses] were warm and welcoming. Some were a little cold but that was a minority.... An appointment was made and it wasn't scheduled in the calander so I drove out there for nothing... Communication was good. Just don't be afraid to speak up for yourself if you don't agree with something say so.
He wasn't a very good listener. He was only telling me what he wanted to do vs what options I knew existed I had to argue with him to agree to the treatment plan that I thought would be best. He reluctantly agreed and my plan was less expensive and was successful.
Speak up for yourself, be your own advocate and do your research
They were warm and welcoming. Some were a little cold but that was a minority.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Communication was good. Just don't be afraid to speak up for yourself if you don't agree with something say so. If you need to reevaluate something or look at other options say so. They have several clinic locations so that is a positive. When you arrive you will still have to wait a while so be prepared to do so. But don't be afraid to speak up. Many are helpful but one size doesn't always fit all when it comes to these situations. Most places are trial and error until they find out what works.