Abington Reproductive Medicine

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1245 Highland Ave
Wilkes Barre
150 Mundy Street MAC Building, 2nd floor
Wilkes Barre, PA 18702
215-887-2010
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Abington Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 21Neutral: 7Don't recommend: 38.6
The locations [Abington Reproductive Med] are fairly convenient which is very helpful during monitoring. There’s one front desk receptionist who isn’t welcoming, but other support staff has always been friendly and kind. Rates seem competitive and there is a lot of experience with the team of doctors but I don’t like working with various doctors during the same cycle.... I was told two different things by two different doctors, and then the first doctor reprimanded me for listening to the other doctor
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
I don’t hear a lot of success stories from people at this clinic but I think they’re a smaller scale than some of the other clinics around here. The locations are fairly convenient which is very helpful during monitoring. There’s one front desk receptionist who isn’t welcoming, but other support staff has always been friendly and kind. Rates seem competitive and there is a lot of experience with the team of doctors but I don’t like working with various doctors during the same cycle.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
At first, I found Dr Lee cold and wasn’t too thrilled to be working with her. After I improved some health concerns though, her demeanor seemed to improve and she was easier to get along with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sue Seybert)
Sue was a big reason I stayed at the practice even with negative results. I came to see her as motherly and trusted her experiences.
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
At first I wasn’t impressed with Dr Lee. She was telling me to lose weight in our early visits, like that was the cause of all problems. Unlikely. I took a break of about 4 months after some IUI failures to give myself some mental health time. In those months, I did lose some weight and improved my overall health. When I returned to Dr Lee, she seemed thrilled by this and her whole attititude was different. I guess I had to “prove” that I really wanted this? But still, several failed cycles thereafter. I am currently considering IVF and may return to Dr Lee as long as she is my primary doctor. Unfortunately, you sometimes see the doctor on duty and I had an unpleasant experience with another doc there who was overly aggressive. But I did seem to connect with Dr Lee.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Be aware that she is blunt but there is kindness underneath. She has been doing this a long time.
Describe the protocols Annette Lee used in your cycles at Abington Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
IUI with Letrozole and HCG trigger. This protocol was used several times with the same negative results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
The majority of my care was covered under insurance but I was running out of my lifetime max bucket of infertility benefits, and fresh IVF out of pocket would have been close to $20 after meds and monitoring. IUI procedure itself was surprisingly inexpensive, it’s all the monitoring and ultrasounds that are expensive.
Describe Annette Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Lee clearly supported single embryo transfer for health of mother and baby.
Lansdale
I was referred by a friend to Abington Fertility and would refer others....One strength is that they are flexible with scheduling which was a huge thing for me since I am a teacher and really can really only have early morning appointments and at an office close to me. The staff has been great to work with, informative and caring.... When you call for a nurse you always have to leave a message and then need to wait for someone to call back which used to be always when I couldn't take a call.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
I was referred by a friend to Abington Fertility and would refer others. Unfortunately things haven't happened as quickly as I hoped they would, but I do feel that the clinic is doing what they can. One strength is that they are flexible with scheduling which was a huge thing for me since I am a teacher and really can really only have early morning appointments and at an office close to me. The staff has been great to work with, informative and caring. I haven't had anyone yet that I didn't like and I feel like I've seen a lot of nurses/doctors. I feel like they are organized and do a good job at knowing what's going on with you when they come in to the room and can quickly see your history so that you don't have to explain your previous cycles every time you have a new person with you. When you call for a nurse you always have to leave a message and then need to wait for someone to call back which used to be always when I couldn't take a call. I've now started leaving times to call me back which has definitely helped that problem and they return calls within that day.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
The doctors at Abington Fertility have been informative and have answered my questions. When I've asked them to help me evaluate options I felt they really took in what my thought was and also gave me an honest answer on their thoughts. A lot of the nurses that I've seen have remembered personal things about me that I've talked about (my job, my husband being away for work, etc.) which made me feel like they were actually taking an interest in me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anu & Sue)
I've seen Sue and Anu at the Abington office and they have been wonderful. They answered a lot of the questions I had and continue to have. They have been supportive through this process which can be overwhelming. They provided me with my blood results after every appointment and informed me of my uterine lining and egg/follicle count through every ultra sound. They also explain to me what the numbers actually mean. They had all my instructions written out for me for every cycle and provided me with YouTube links to review how to give injections when I had to start injectable cycles.
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
I feel that Tara was "real" and not just giving me doctor language and saying things I didn't understand. She actually explained things in a way that made sense and felt my frustration with things that haven't worked. She was compassionate and honest with me. She could feel my frustration and expressed her frustration for me and gave me hug and encouragement. She gave me a realistic timeline for how long we should try each step before moving on to the next step. The only frustrating piece of the process is that I have seen multiple doctors at Abington so sometimes I'm not exactly sure who my point person is, but I ask for Dr. Budinetz when possible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. You will get an honest answer and Dr. Budinetz has no problem explaining something multiple times until you get it.
Describe the protocols Tara Budinetz used in your cycles at Abington Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I started on Clomid and my body went crazy. My uterine lining was a 2 and my egg count was 6-8. The doctors would not let us try that cycle due to the dangers the cycle could cause me or a baby/babies. My 2nd and 3rd cycle was letrozle (50mg) and 1 IUI each time. My uterine lining and ovaries reacted well, but I didn't get pregnant. My 4th cycle was with Follistim injections (started at 75 units dropped to 50 units) and 1 IUI each time. Again my uterine lining and ovaries responded, but we didn't have any success getting pregnant. My 5th cycle was Follistim injections (50 units) and 2 IUIs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
We have already spent $7,000 (testing, 4 cycle fees, 5 IUIs, medications) and that does not include any IVF costs.
Describe Tara Budinetz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Lee at Abington is who I met with for the IVF consultation and she said they would transfer 1 embryo
Lansdale
[Nurses at Abington were] Very warm and compassionate...I had a very positive experience overall. No issues with nurses, doctors or scheduling. They have multiple offices which is nice because they cover a lot of locations. My IUI itself was done at Abington Hospital...Dr. Nichols was supportive and compassionate. She oversaw my testing and I got pregnant on my first IUI try. She then preformed weekly ultrasounds until I graduated at 10 weeks. She was good about explaining what was on the screen and answering any questions I had about what to expect.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Nichols at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Nichols was kind, caring and compassionate. I was actually sad to leave the practice when I graduated at 10 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Very warm and compassionate
How was your experience with Jennifer Nichols at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Nichols at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
I feel that you can trust her and she understands what you are going through.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Nichols used in your cycles at Abington Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I did one month of testing before getting the IUI the following month. The testing started with baseline blood work and an ultrasound. They said my uterus and ovaries looked good. I had 5 follicles on one side and 7 on the other. I started taking CoQ10 & Vitamin D at that time. I then did the Clomid Challenge. I had a saline hysterosalpingogram (HSG) to evaluate my fallopian tubes and the shape of my uterus. I had a saline sonogram to evaluate the inside of the uterine cavity for polyps, fibroids, and/or scar tissue and I also got an endometrial biopsy of my uterine lining and a blood test for FSH. Finally I got another ultrasound and blood work to test my ovulation in response to the clomid. My uterine lining got thin so they decided I should start taking baby aspirin and use Letrozole instead of Clomid for the IUI. I also had 2 matured follicles which was a little nerve-wracking because I didn't want twins. The next month I took the letrozole instead and when I went in for my ultrasound my follicle matured and I was ready. I got my Ovadrel shot to induce ovulation and set my IUI for the next day. It worked and I got pregnant on the first try.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Nichols at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
I believe the testing cycle was $1000 and the insemination was $215.
2014 - 2018
[Abington Reproductive Medicine - Lancaster has a] Small office space, but also very welcoming staff...Because our insurance covered the testing portion of our fertility treatment, he [Dr. Sobel] made sure to cover all the bases. We did blood work for both my husband and myself, multiple ultrasounds, and 2 rounds of different medications based on my response to them. Both responded well
2014 - 2018
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Small office space, but also very welcoming staff. The office is self is not very well labeled, but also nice when it can be an uncomfortable situation to be in. Bring your spouse/significant other - helpful to remember everything. Also, take notes!!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Answered any and all questions we had. Was sensitive towards our emotions - speaking calmly and caringly.
Great women! Incredibly kind, and also took time to get to know you.
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
He truly cared about us as a couple - got to know our passions and dreams. He knew what our goals were with fertility treatment and respected them, while also being honest if needing to change the course up. He was sensitive to our hurts/pains through this emotional journey. Incredibly knowledgeable, yet able to simplify the explanations to our understanding. We are so thankful for him and our care!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Go see him! Truly! Also, don't be afraid to ask questions - he'll answer and take time with you!
Describe the protocols Michael Sobel used in your cycles at Abington Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Because our insurance covered the testing portion of our fertility treatment, he made sure to cover all the bases. We did blood work for both my husband and myself, multiple ultrasounds, and 2 rounds of different medications based on my response to them. Both responded well - however, Clomid I was incredibly mean on, and Letrozole I had intense migraines. I also had an HSG performed, my septum removed to prevent miscarriages, and another HSG a few years later. My husband had semen analysis (2) done, too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
No copay for visits - insurance covered. Upcoming Clomid rounds approximately 1200-1500 with IUI.
Lancaster
The nursing staff [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] was always very upbeat when I was there. They knew who I was and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. I generally saw Dawn Marie, she did most of my ultrasounds and the actual IUI. She was fabulous.... When I transfer to another clinic and requested my records to be sent to me, it was a huge hassle. It took 5 days for someone to get back to me, and another 5 days to be mailed, which meant I didn't receive them in time for mmy first appointment with the new clinic. The woman I spoke to was also very rude. I had to reach out to her several times, often with no response.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
I usually didn't have to wait too long during my early morning appointments. The exam rooms were very small, it was uncomfortable to have my husband in there with me because there was so little room. The equipment also looked old. In the room where they drew blood it was pretty messy. There was blood spatter on the wall behind the sharps container.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Milman at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
I went to Abington for 3 cycles, and only actually saw Dr. Milman maybe 5 times. I'm not sure she even knew who I was.
The nursing staff was always very upbeat when I was there. They knew who I was and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. I generally saw Dawn Marie, she did most of my ultrasounds and the actual IUI. She was fabulous.
What specific things went wrong at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Lauren Milman at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Our very first appointment with Dr. Milman was very good, she explained everything that we would do and exactly when to do it. After that first appointment however I only saw her a few more times despite being at the clinic several times a week. She didn't even do my actual IUI procedures. She only called me once to tell me that my beta blood test was negative. After my second failed IUI I was told that we would be able to do one more IUI with them before having to move on to IVF which I was not ready for. I felt pressured that if our 3rd IUI failed I would have to start IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Milman at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Be honest about what you're comfortable doing.
Describe the protocols Lauren Milman used in your cycles at Abington Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Since this was my first appointment with a specialist she had me do the Clomid challenge along with an HSG and a biopsy. That cycle we did timed intercourse. After that failed and we realized that Clomid made my lining too thin, for our 2 IUI cycles I took femara, which worked fairly well for me. Both of those cycles ended in a negative pregnancy test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Milman at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Every time I walked in the door I had a $70 copay. The ultrasounds were around $40 more and the actual IUIs were around $350 with my insurance.
Lauren Milman
Lansdale
Their billing department [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] is a nightmare. They messed up a few times and wouldn’t return calls. It took months to straighten out. Last I wish everyone there would be more understanding and helpful regarding financial hardships and time commitment this takes. The secretaries/ admin could be more compassionate at times. The knowledge of their doctors is their strength. I never felt as if they didn’t have a handle on things.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Their billing department is a nightmare. They messed up a few times and wouldn’t return calls. It took months to straighten out. Last I wish everyone there would be more understanding and helpful regarding financial hardships and time commitment this takes. The secretaries/ admin could be more compassionate at times. The knowledge of their doctors is their strength. I never felt as if they didn’t have a handle on things.
Dr. Budinetz was sympathetic (and it felt genuine) towards our infertility and miscarriage. She spoke to me like a doctor, yet friend, in terms and with explainations I could understand. She took time to answer all my questions and when calling me with negative results gave her heart felt sympathy. She heard my concerns when I had them and provided solutions and answers. Last she had a warm smile and gave eye contact.
There was some miscommunications regarding what medication I needed for a repeat cycle. As it turned out I didn’t need what I thought they said and wasted about $200. Minus that for the most part they answered my questions and were fairly compassionate. They explained things adequately. On a few rare occasions I didn’t get calls returned.
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Overall while I didn’t get the results I hoped for, she knew what she was doing and was able to put me at ease by answering questions. She was hopeful, however I wonder if it was almost too much for our situation. I wish she,the clinic and the other doctors really took into account the financial hardship and what it means.... sometimes having to go into debt or giving up on everything you hoped for and dreamed of. Sometimes having too much hope makes you fall harder when things fail, if that makes sense. I rate her well because in my heart of hearts I think she did the best she could. I was nervous at first because she seems young and therefore maybe doesn’t have as much experience, however I don’t think that’s the case. Last she was compassionate, remembered little things about me that made me feel less of a number and had good bedside manner.
Even though she seems young, give her your confidence.
I don’t know what the cycle was called but we did IVF for poor responders. I used testosterone for awhile, followed my estrace and norethrindone. Once that stopped I started injectables twice a day, I think of low dose hcg, gonal F and microlupron. It worked and we got a lot more eggs (the first cycle was canceled prior). Both retrievals we got about 9 good eggs each. For being in my late 30s, this was good.
While we had insurance I had copays and medications costs. I want to say we paid about 1/4-1/3 the price of a cycle out of pocket due to insurance.
She recommended doesn’t not more than 1, due to my age and previous history of embryos arresting (suggesting they weren’t normal or quality). They don’t recommend more than 3
2012 - 2017
1 IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
The first and only cycle that we completed (resulting in our twins) was done as reciprocal IVF using my partner's eggs, anonymous donor sperm, and with myself serving as the gestational carrier. .... First, we were both put on oral birth control pills for about a month to sync our cycles. Next, I was put on estrogen patches to build my uterine lining, and she was simultaneously put on an injectable medication to hyperstimulate her ovaries to produce multiple eggs. Then, I was put on Lupron to stop my ovulation, and when she was ready to ovulate, she was given Lupron and hCG to time everything for the egg retrieval procedure. She had the egg retrieval performed and the eggs were fertilized with our anonymous donor sperm, resulting in 9 fertilized embryos at day 5
2012 - 2017
European, East Asian
1 IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
I felt like treatment was very personal with Dr. Lee; she put us at ease from the very first consultation. She spent a lot of time educating us and easing our anxiety. It was clear that she was extremely knowledgeable and experienced, but she still remained flexible in accommodating our wishes.
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Our experience with Dr. Lee was wonderful. A few years ago, she was our doctor for the reciprocal IVF cycle that resulted in our healthy twin girls. We were always extremely impressed with her high level of professionalism at every visit. I had a lot of anxiety surrounding my ideas about treatment, and she helped ease my fears by answering my questions and explaining details. She is incredibly knowledgeable and it is clear that she has a great passion for her work; she is always sharing the latest scientific research with her patients. On a personal level, she is very kind and always put us at ease with her well-timed humor and seemingly endless patience. She has changed practices since she helped us conceive our twins a few years ago, but we will be following her to her new practice this year when we try for another child. Oh, and for a while we were unsure that we could handle more kids, but she convinced us with her hilarious anecdotes about raising five(!) children herself, reassuring us that after the first kid, "it's just one more sandwich to make!"
Seeing Dr. Lee for our fertility journey was one of the best choices I've ever made! If you choose her as your provider, come with an open mind and know that you can trust her to help you in every way she possibly can.
The first and only cycle that we completed (resulting in our twins) was done as reciprocal IVF using my partner's eggs, anonymous donor sperm, and with myself serving as the gestational carrier. This was several years ago, so some of the details are foggy, but I will recount as many details as I can remember. First, we were both put on oral birth control pills for about a month to sync our cycles. Next, I was put on estrogen patches to build my uterine lining, and she was simultaneously put on an injectable medication to hyperstimulate her ovaries to produce multiple eggs. Then, I was put on Lupron to stop my ovulation, and when she was ready to ovulate, she was given Lupron and hCG to time everything for the egg retrieval procedure. She had the egg retrieval performed and the eggs were fertilized with our anonymous donor sperm, resulting in 9 fertilized embryos at day 5. After the egg withdrawal, she was given oral medication to prevent complications from ovarian hyperstimulation. At the time of retrieval, I was put on progesterone, which I continued throughout the first 10 (?) weeks of pregnancy. Dr. Lee was very thorough in explaining all of this at our first consultation, as well as before each step was performed.
Dr. Lee presented us with the option to transfer one or two embryos; she made it clear that she was not comfortable with transferring more than that because our chances of conceiving were high. She discussed thoroughly with us the risks and benefits of transferring one vs. two embryos and we felt well informed when making our decision. Although we all were in agreement to transfer two embryos, we still had an interesting conversation regarding the ethical implications of multiple embryo transfers.
2013 - 2017
IVF was 10000 [at Abington Reproductive Group] Not including medications. However Dr Lee provided me with donated gonal f to reduce costs which was appreciated.... he first treatment was to correct some abnormalities in my uterus. Then we tried IUI using Clomid and gonal f. I developed cysts from the Clomid so the next cycle of IUI we used femara and gonal f. We tried one more cycle of IUI with this protocol. Dr Lee had advised us prior to the IUI's that since she had diagnosed me with diminished ovarian reserve it was unlikely the IUI would work but we wanted to try anyway and she agreed. However she said after 3 failed IUI's, IVF would be our best option. We moved onto IVF and I stimmed with femara, gonal f, ganirelix. We retrieved 9 eggs, 5 fertilized, 4 day 5 blastocysts. We transferred 2 embryos and had healthy full term twins in May 2016.
2013 - 2017
Dr Lee took great care to thoroughly explain the entire process to me and provided me with all the information needed.
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Upon having my first consultation with Dr Lee, I felt like I was in great hands. She is extremely knowledgeable in her field, and she took the time to explain the entire process and what type of testing we would undergo to determine the cause of our infertility. She was always up front and honest, and did not sugar coat anything which I like. She uncovered a few problems and performed a couple of procedures to remedy them prior to any treatments. I am very grateful to Dr Lee for providing me with next steps when certain procedures didn't work. We did what she recommended and now have beautiful boy/ girl twins after 4 years of trying to conceive.
Be ready to take in all of the information she will provide you, and trust in her recommendations.
The first treatment was to correct some abnormalities in my uterus. Then we tried IUI using Clomid and gonal f. I developed cysts from the Clomid so the next cycle of IUI we used femara and gonal f. We tried one more cycle of IUI with this protocol. Dr Lee had advised us prior to the IUI's that since she had diagnosed me with diminished ovarian reserve it was unlikely the IUI would work but we wanted to try anyway and she agreed. However she said after 3 failed IUI's, IVF would be our best option. We moved onto IVF and I stimmed with femara, gonal f, ganirelix. We retrieved 9 eggs, 5 fertilized, 4 day 5 blastocysts. We transferred 2 embryos and had healthy full term twins in May 2016.
IVF was 10000. Not including medications. However Dr Lee provided me with donated gonal f to reduce costs which was appreciated.
Dr Lee advised me on eSET and explained since I was 34 at egg retrieval, I may have success with one embryo transferred. But due to financial costs for any future transfers we decided to transfer 2.
Abington
I think Dr. Budinetz is the best doctor at Abington Reproductive Medicine. The other doctors are great as well, but she was different and so down to earth. Ask all of your questions because she was eager to answer them and explain in detail...They were always quick to respond to phone calls and emails. I only had to call once because they were late calling me with beta results and the nurse was very apologetic. They always called the same day for beta results and within hours for other questions. Some nurses had awesome bedside manner and others were just okay.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
They do everything for you regarding scheduling. Directions for each cycle were always very clear and someone was always available for questions. I feel like my every need was catered to.
My doctor always called me to keep me updated on next steps and progress. Sometimes even before the results of my pregnancy test. I loved knowing what could be coming because I like to be prepared.
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
She was straight forward and honest from the beginning. She did not mess around with my time. If something wasn't working we would move on to a more aggressive treatment. Luckily we didn't have to move to IVF. She gave me probability of success from the beginning, so I knew what to expect. She talked to me like a friend and treated me like an intelligent human being. I absolutely loved her from the minute we met. AND she got me pregnant in only seven months of treatment!
We started off with typical testing (clomid resistance test, HSG, SHS). Then we moved to Femara and timed intercourse because there was no indication that I was not ovulating on my own. After one failed cycle with timed intercourse we moved to IUI. For all three of my IUI cycles we did Femara, Ovidrel, and double IUI. I was also on Metformin even though I do not have insulin resistance. I only started Metformin during my last two cycles. I also took Ovasitol and ubiquinol. During my treatment I had two separate ovarian cysts that delayed a couple of cycles. I took birth control to resolve them. The cycle I became pregnant was one of the cycles right after taking birth control for two weeks to resolve a cyst.
My insurance covers fertility treatments. 70% after my deductible
1 IVF, Surrogacy
Uterine Fibroids, Other
We never had to wait for an ultrasound and appointments were easy to book [at Toll Center for Reproductive Sciences]...we had to pay out of pocket for the egg retrieval and transfer...some medications were covered under insurance. We also had to pay for genetic counseling, genetic testing and we had to see a therapist because we were using donor sperm (didn't take insurance). We also had to purchase donor sperm...Liz was very on top of things but wasn't very warm - she was super professional which is very important in a nurse.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
LOVED our clinic. We were lucky to live close to one of their smaller locations (they have several offices), so we never had to wait when we arrived for our appointment.
Dr. Nichols went above and beyond to make us feel cared for and acknowledged. She shared her own fertility journey with us to prepare us for the IVF process. We ended up being pregnant at the same time and developed a friendship throughout the process. We are so beyond grateful for her!!!
Dr. Nichols is so down to earth, kind & compassionate. She makes you feel like you are her top priority and spends a lot of time with you at each appointment. She shared her own IVF journey with us and it was really helpful knowing what to expect and feeling like she truly understood the process we were embarking on. So grateful to her!
Don't be afraid to ask questions - she is more than happy to sit down and make you feel good and calm about your journey.
My wife & I did reciprocal IVF so we had different protocols. I ended up having an ovarian cyst and needed surgery before the transfer, so it set us back a month - the reason was that the cyst could cause a problem while I was pregnant. I had a very healthy pregnancy, so I'm glad we went through with the surgery.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
We never had to wait for an ultrasound and appointments were easy to book.
We had copays for each visit, we had to pay out of pocket for the egg retrieval and transfer, some medications and some medications were covered under insurance. We also had to pay for genetic counseling, genetic testing and we had to see a therapist because we were using donor sperm (didn't take insurance). We also had to purchase donor sperm.
Describe Jennifer Nichols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
We wanted to reduce our risk of twins, so we only transferred 1 embryo and we were blessed that it worked on the first try. Our doctors agreed this was a smart course of action!
Abington
Very understanding to the sensitive nature of their business [at Abington Repro - Toll - Beth]. The only thing I find a little frustrating is you cannot call the office directly. You must call one central number and always be transferred to voicemails. No one ever answers the phone...My insurance doesn't cover much. The billing is very confusing. Since they are so thorough you will be seen several times a week during a cycle the cost is high. 3 IUI's cost out of pocket approximately $2,700 plus I purchased vials of sperm 3 times @ 1,000 a piece...
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Very understanding to the sensitive nature of their business. The only thing I find a little frustrating is you cannot call the office directly. You must call one central number and always be transferred to voicemails. No one ever answers the phone
She is very down to earth and makes you feel like she cares. Almost like you are her only patient. She wants to see me happy.
Very caring and paid attention to detail
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
She is quite thorough and and understanding of my feelings. She's very positive and a sort of cheerleader which we can all use during this challenging time
She will make you feel important
She checked my tunes were open by flushing with saline and a small biopsy of my uterus. Found inflammation so she gave me a strong antibiotic to take for a day. Also suggested low dose aspirin to help thin my blood since I my blood work showed to clot a little too much. I had 3 IUI's with her. First had a test clomid cycle which I responded well to 50mg but I also never had a problem ovulating. First IUI no success but had many follicles. More aggressive 2nd IUI was with injectables (I believe due to my age of 41 at the time) gonal f 75mg, many follicles again but no success. 3rd IUI the same injectables but with different sperm donor and no success. Years prior I had a laparoscopic surgery for endo. She stated she didn't feel that to be a concern. At this point she stated she felt it most likely was my egg quality. Even though I have many the only way to know would be ivf and she knows how costly that is so she suggested embryo adoption to be my best chance at conceiving. I cannot afford ivf which my insurance does not cover so I am currently on a waiting list for up to a year waiting to be called.
2011 - 2015
She [Dr. Annette Lee] & her entire staff [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] always knew my name. You could feel her compassion and not once did I ever feel pressured. She even was able to donate injections to me after various failed cycles when my insurance wouldn't cover the cost. She truly cares about each patient and only wants the best possible outcome.
2011 - 2015
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Never a number, always a person
She & her entire staff always knew my name. You could feel her compassion and not once did I ever feel pressured. She even was able to donate injections to me after various failed cycles when my insurance wouldn't cover the cost. She truly cares about each patient and only wants the best possible outcome.
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
I was hesitant about choosing to go a specialist. Once I met her I knew she was the one. I loved how willing she was to try new treatments when a cycle or two didn't work. She also respected my decision when I emotionally just need an emotional break from treatments. After 3 failed IUI's most doctors would have never performed another IUI. My insurance wouldn't cover the cost of IVF so we switched up the protocol and with the help of donated injectibles, I finally conceived against the odds, thanks to her!
Never doubt her intentions. She WILL chose the best method of treatment for your scenario. Be honest and speak with her about your concerns. She will explain it and make you feel at ease.
Actively TTC #1 since Feb 2011 - unprotected since 2008 5/11 - Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism: TSH of 153!!! 2/12 - Referred to RE 3/12 - HSG & Hysteroscopy all clear 3/12 - Clomid 100 mg 4/12 - Clomid 100 mg w/trigger 5/12 - Femara 5 mg w/trigger 5/12 - TSH level FINALLY normal at 0.60 6/12 - Femara 5 mg w/trigger. IUI #1 CP 7/12 - Femara 5 mg w/trigger. IUI #2 8/12 - Sanity Break...natural cycle 9/12 - Sanity Break continued... 10/12 - TSH regulated at 0.60, AMH 3.28 & FSH 5.21 10/12 - Femara 5 mg w/Ovidrel, Crinone & Prometrium. IUI #3 11/12 - Femara 5 mg, Follistim 300 iu, Bravelle 150 iu, Low Dose HCG 50 iu w/Ovidrel, Crinone. IUI #4 11/12 - P4 level at 7DPO: 55.8
Most covered by my insurance. All injectibles I received through donation.
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Jennifer and the other physicians and nurses in the practice really took the time to get to know my husband and myself... Nurses always called back immediately, and Dr. Nichols always answered emails promptly. No one ever made me feel rushed, and no one ever seemed annoyed or frustrated by my constant question-asking.
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Jennifer and the other physicians and nurses in the practice really took the time to get to know my husband and myself. Before starting injections, for example, a nurse sat down with me for over two hours to ensure I felt comfortable mixing and administering all of the medications. Nurses always called back immediately, and Dr. Nichols always answered emails promptly. No one ever made me feel rushed, and no one ever seemed annoyed or frustrated by my constant question-asking.
The nurses made the clinic experience a positive one. Every single one of the nurses I met with were compassionate, sensitive, patient, and smart. They took the time to ensure I understood how to administer all injections, they called back within an hour or two when I had questions about anything, and they patiently worked with my schedule to ensure the timing of our cycle worked with my husband and myself.
What specific things went wrong at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Nichols was a breath of fresh air after my previous fertility doctor...she was patient and kind, and she went out of her way to make my husband and me feel comfortable and to make sure that she was addressing all of our concerns. She responded to emails and calls quickly and comprehensively, and she never condescended to either of us. When my husband's and my identical twins were born a few weeks ago, Dr. NIchols was one of the first people we wanted to contact!
Don't assume that because she is a DO she is any less qualified than the MDs in her office...Dr. Nichols is extremely intelligent, deeply kind, and a joy to work with.
2012 - 2013
Mainly the billing department [Abington Reproductive Medicine] messed up and did not return calls. In general everyone at the clinic (billing, admin, nurses, doctors) could do a better job at realizing the financial and mental burden this carries and have better ways to equip patents...Because I was new, I wish someone would have explained better what to expect and how a typical cycle works. I learned as I went and this was difficult.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Their billing department was a nightmare. Mistakes were made and phone calls not returned. The admin could be nicer and more compassionate. It would be nice to see the doctors a bit more on routine follow ups/monitoring vs usually a nurse. Their strengths are their doctors and their knowledge....the place could be ran a little better and communication better.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jay S. Schinfeld at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
While he was very nice, it seemed slightly "scripted".
Because I was new, I wish someone would have explained better what to expect and how a typical cycle works. I learned as I went and this was difficult. They do this every day for a living but need to remember I have never experienced this before. They were however kind, informative and answered the questions I did ask.
What specific things went wrong at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Jay S. Schinfeld at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
He is a brilliant doctor who knows his information. He was nice but conversation seemed a little "scripted". I wish he would have given us more preparation for the chances of a failed IVF. He seemed SO positive we'd have good results (and we did on the second IVF), but weren't prepared that it could fail. We were naive. I felt under his care that many times the nurses ran the show and made decisions. I was new to the infertility crowd so didn't always realize that perhaps he reviewed my case more than I knew. Because most appointments were with the nurses, I felt this way. I wish we had more appointments together or even periodic phone calls on progress. In the end he gave us a daughter so while we had issues, the result speaks for itself. For this I am forever grateful to him and his staff/fellow colleagues who also gave input. Last but not least, since I was "new", I wish he or someone would have given me the run down of IVF (i.e. what to expect). I learned on the fly by experience and wish I had knew what I was getting into (specifically the mental aspect of things).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jay S. Schinfeld at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Don't expect that you'll see him often. If you have questions that you feel he as the doctor should answer, don't hesitate to ask for HIM to call you back. Know that he has vast knowledge and you are in good hands if you expect results...however also know he may have inflated confidence and prepare yourself for disappointment.
Describe the protocols Jay S. Schinfeld used in your cycles at Abington Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
It's been a long while but I did lower does of Gonal F and had good response. Somewhere I have detailed information on protocol I used. I think it was a pretty standard one though.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jay S. Schinfeld at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
We paid 100% out of pocket for IVF (two). Insurance covered most of the medications and the IUIs.
Describe Jay S. Schinfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
They recommended only 1 to 2 at a time.
Jay S. Schinfeld
PCOS, Unexplained
[The nurses at Abington Reproductive were] Not very compassionate or sensitive. I was told to prepare to miscarry at each appointment and given no additional information or support. I left each appointment in tears and anxious...I was told I would be given my HCG and hormone levels after each blood draw. I had to cal multiple times to receive my results. I was told by one nurse that my estrogen levels were low, and the doctor said they were fine. A lot of unneeded stress and confusion were the result of the miscommunications.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
They are very flexiable and allowed me to be seen by multiple doctors and at all locations. There was some miscommunication between all of the locations, but they were able to accommodate to my schedule.
Since we were new we were always being reintroduced to the same staff. Hopefully over time they will recognize us and make us feel more welcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
He is very clinical, but also very knowledgeable. Fertility is such an emotional and complicated process, but it is difficult to have a doctor that is real and compassionate at the same time. We only say Dr. Sobel 2 times during our cucle- first to confirm our pregnancy, and to do my D & C after miscarriage.
Be prepared to be told negative information at each appointment. The staff will share all information regardless of your emotional state. I was not given any advise or guidance after my miscarriage and had to contact my OBGYN to find a therapist that deals with infertility and loss of pregnancy on my own.
I only did he Clomid challenge so far. Surprisingly my body responded well and I became pregnant the first try. I lost the baby at 7 1/2 weeks. We will be trying Clomid with IUI next.
My first cycle was covered under insurance, but moving forward will be out of pocket. Each IUI will cost $1400 a month.
Describe Michael Sobel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Lancaster
The office [Abington Repro Med] atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired. No natural light, low ceilings, and small exam rooms. They would really benefit from changing offices. The room where you go over treatment is also out in the open and only divided by a small partition which doesn't seem very private....Dr Sobel has wonderful bedside manner and the nurses were kind. We felt listened to....IUIs were about $1,500 each...Good with email, prompt.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
The office atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired. No natural light, low ceilings, and small exam rooms. They would really benefit from changing offices. The room where you go over treatment is also out in the open and only divided by a small partition which doesn't seem very private.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Robin)
Good with email, prompt.
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Sobel is a great guy, but in our case, lacked insight to get my husband's sperm cultured for an infection that ultimately prevented us from getting pregnant. His sperm would not fertilize an egg, but we didn't know that until 1 year into treatment and several thousand dollars later. The infection is cleared with a simple course of antibiotics. We went through rigorous blood work, appointments, and 3 IUI treatments, none of which were successful because of this oversight. Changed doctors, they flagged it right away. Get a second opinion.
Talk to someone who has battled infertility before. They will help you understand more than your doctor can in a one hour session, plus you will need a lifeline when your head is spinning after an appointment. Don't be afraid to ask questions and ask them to repeat or re-explain. Keep a calendar or journal of treatment so you can refer back - you WILL forget.
IUIs were about $1,500 each
Lancaster
I couldn’t love the staff at Abington more. They are beyond compassionate and friendly. They really make you feel like they are the only one they are caring for... Morning hours are def a strength, the only weakness is that you have to pay to park. The friendly staff, down to even the receptionist and billing people. If they say they will return your call that day, they always do. You never sit and wait for your appts, they are very timely.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Larry Barmat at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Very down to earth and listened to every question you had. Made you laugh at times when you wanted to cry
How was your experience with Larry Barmat at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Great doctor, very knowledgeable. Amazing bedside manner and treated you like a real person. Brought humor to the situation when all you wanted to do was cry. Very patient and kind. We are very lucky to have him as our doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Larry Barmat at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Listen to what he says even though you may not want to hear it. He’s the expierenced one.
Describe the protocols Larry Barmat used in your cycles at Abington Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We started with clomid which did not work and then moved on to another pill. That made me ovulate but it did not work again so we switched to the injectibles. None produced a full term pregnancy
Describe the costs associated with your care under Larry Barmat at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Out of pocket we have spent close to $4000 so far the rest was covered by insurance. IVF will cost around $17,000 which is completely out of pocket
Larry Barmat
Abington
Be vigilant about billing processes [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] as it is a huge hassle to fix later when you are already stressed out from the process itself. Staff are all amazing and helpful. Once I switched locations for this office I had less issues in the billing area...Nurses were pretty great but were messing up marking my bills for insurance . We had no coverage and paid out of pocket and they kept billing our insurance. Also took blood work for genetic testing after I had declined. They did this in conjunction with other blood work so I did not know at the time.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Be vigilant about billing processes as it is a huge hassle to fix later when you are already stressed out from the process itself. Staff are all amazing and helpful. Once I switched locations for this office I had less issues in the billing area
Dr Budinwtz was very warm and personable but also reality based which I appreciated
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
She was very thorough and clear with us. Warm and personable. She was always honest with her thoughts as a docotr and prepared us well through out our journey on what to expect. She was also very helpful with managing early pregnancy symptoms and reassurance based in honesty and compassion.
You will love her!
Letrizole and ovidrell trigger shot with timed intercourse
Cycle fee and costs of co pays for testing and medications
Lansdale
I think the location is a strength—Abington is located near Philadelphia yet you get to access their services locally. Because it’s a smaller facility, you will feel like you’re talking to family. You will get to know the staff in a raw and emotionally vulnerable way, and they will support you as though you are family...We tried 4 rounds of IUI (according to Dr. Sobel, we had an 80% chance of conceiving after 4 attempts). We had one chemical pregnancy but was not successful in conceiving. We then had a lot of hope that IVF would be our final treatment, hopeful that it would result in a baby. Unfortunately for us, it didn’t result in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Sober was very compassionate throughout our treatment. He always took the time to process with us and gave us hope without sugar-coating the chances.
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
He was excellent, even though it was a tough road, he explained everything and walked though it with us. He gave us a realistic understanding of what our chances were despite having unexplained infertility.
I would say if you want excellent bedside manner, you can’t go wrong with choosing him.
After we had tried a few months of Chlomid with our OB, we went to Dr. Sobel. We tried 4 rounds of IUI (according to Dr. Sobel, we had an 80% chance of conceiving after 4 attempts). We had one chemical pregnancy but was not successful in conceiving. We then had a lot of hope that IVF would be our final treatment, hopeful that it would result in a baby. Unfortunately for us, it didn’t result in a pregnancy.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
The nursing team {at Abington Reproductive Medicine] was very knowledgeable and compassionate!...My first few courses were femara, then femara with Gonal-F then Gonal-F. All with IUI and trigger injections. I did back to back IUI's my last few rounds. We resulted in a twin pregnancy my last cycle with Gonal-F, trigger injection and IUI. We had 2 heartbeats early on but lost a twin early... staff always knew who we were and what the treatment plan would be from month to month.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
I would suggest you trust the process. Don't second guess what the plan is. Dr. Lee is brilliant and knows her stuff! I know it's hard when you experience infertility but her main goal is to get you pregnant!
Never ever felt like a number. Dr. Lee and her staff always knew who we were and what the treatment plan would be from month to month.
The nursing team was very knowledgeable and compassionate!
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Lee was amazing from the time we met her. She was caring and always explained what we should expect. I always felt comfortable asking any questions I had and she never ever made me feel discouraged.
Trust her and the process she puts in place.
My first few courses were femara, then femara with Gonal-F then Gonal-F. All with IUI and trigger injections. I did back to back IUI's my last few rounds. We resulted in a twin pregnancy my last cycle with Gonal-F, trigger injection and IUI. We had 2 heartbeats early on but lost a twin early. Dr. Lee was very compassionate.
My insurance covered most of the costs.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
On the day of my pregnancy test I waited in the waiting room [at Toll Center for Reproductive Sciences] for an hour before they took my blood. Then they didn't call me until after 5:00 PM with the results when they said I would get a call early that afternoon.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
There was only one nurse in the practice that knew my name or who showed any kind of empathly for what I was going threw. On the day of my pregnancy test I waited in the waiting room for an hour before they took my blood. Then they didn't call me until after 5:00 PM with the results when they said I would get a call early that afternoon.
The one nurse at the Paoli office was super nice. The rest all blend together.
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Up until my IVF cycle I liked Dr Sobel. Little did I know that I won't see him at all during the cycle itself. He was not the Dr who did my retrieval or transfer. I felt that Dr Sobel was a good sales person and offered an overwhelming amount of hope for a positive outcome. I passed Dr Sobel a few times in the hallways of the office when I was in for monitoring appoints and he didn't even say Hi to me. It was not the experience I was hoping for and it completely turned me off for doing another round of IVF.
Don't go there....after comaring notes with the girls in my support group there are better Dr's in the area.
Langhorne
The need to travel to Abington if we did IVF or for specialty sperm testing. Otherwise, I was pleased with the practice [Abington Repro - Toll - Lanc]. I appreciated suggestions of vitamins to take during cycle. I only worked with them for one cycle...[Nurse] Robin was very kind, compassionate, and helpful...One cycle after hysteroscopy to repair uterine septum (undiagnosed at other practice.) Only did Femara with no injectibles and IUI which was less than previous practice.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
The need to travel to Abington if we did IVF or for specialty sperm testing. Otherwise, I was pleased with the practice. I appreciated suggestions of vitamins to take during cycle. I only worked with them for one cycle, so I don't have a lot of experience.
He was very compassionate and easy to talk to. I was hesitant to see a male doctor, but I was very comfortable with him.
Robin was very kind, compassionate, and helpful
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
He was very pleasant to work with. I felt comfortable under his care. He clearly explained options and answered my questions. He performed a procedure the other practice had never mentioned. I had the stomach flu just prior to my scheduled hysteroscopy, and he quickly called back to address that.
Ask questions - he was always willing to answer.
One cycle after hysteroscopy to repair uterine septum (undiagnosed at other practice.) Only did Femara with no injectibles and IUI which was less than previous practice. Positive pregnancy test.
Lancaster
[Toll Center] Location, relative affordability for those paying out of pocket, excellent doctors and nursing staff...[nursing staff] Always attentive, kind, and willing to speak with me to alleviate any nerves. I have never once experienced a rushed appointment....IUI rounds for noninjectable meds were $1000 and then $380 for insemination, not including needed meds...we always feel that we are a unique couple and we aren't lumped into every one else who may going through this experience as well. We were always individuals with adequate time devoted to us as well as a willingness to always explain any and everything.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
She genuinely listened to us and out concerns. She took the time to treat us as an individual couple and never made us feel rushed or our concerns not warranted.
How was your experience with Lauren Milman at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Again, we always feel that we are a unique couple and we aren't lumped into every one else who may going through this experience as well. We were always individuals with adequate time devoted to us as well as a willingness to always explain any and everything.
If you need someone who shows empathy and understanding I would highly recommend her.
Lauren Milman
Lansdale
I think the clinic in Lancaster [Abington Reproductive] needs to be renovated. The equipment is old and the exam rooms small. It works overall, but updates would be nice.... Robin is by leaps and bounds the best nurse I have ever known. She is incredibly intelligent, knows what Dr. Sobel wants, and is very fast when responding to questions via email. It seems like she makes the wheels turn in the office.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
I think the clinic in Lancaster needs to be renovated. The equipment is old and the exam rooms small. It works overall, but updates would be nice.
He remembers his patients and makes you feel welcome.
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Sobel is very knowledgeable and also caring. He stays up to date with research and implements that in his practice. He has high expectations with numbers (lab results, endometrium thickness), which I feel is a good thing. I had a lab result which was in the normal range, but barely. He called me and explained we need to add on a medication to get that closer to the middle of the normal range, which is better for trying to conceive. I do not know how many other doctors would do that.
Trust his judgement!
Lancaster
The nursing staff [at Abington] is great, but often hard to get in touch with (it is always a process of leaving a message and having them get back to you). Also, a few times, I felt like there wasn't a clear communication with the full team as to cycle next steps...Twice now I have had one of the NPs tell me some set of information, and then a nurse give me a different set of instructions. It ended up worked out in the end, but could be really stressful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen G. Somkuti at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
He was great at our initial assessment with explaining everything and walking us through the testing process. Subsequent visits have felt a little rushed and like some of my questions were annoying.
The nursing staff is great, but often hard to get in touch with (it is always a process of leaving a message and having them get back to you). Also, a few times, I felt like there wasn't a clear communication with the full team as to cycle next steps.
What specific things went wrong at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Stephen G. Somkuti at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
In the beginning, my husband and I really appreciated Dr. Somkuti's openness and willingness to answer questions. As treatment went on, I felt like that lessened and more and more we were pushed off to the nursing and clinic staff.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen G. Somkuti at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
1) Be prepared for constant students in almost every visit, procedure, and appointment 2) You will have VERY little interaction with the physician 3) His humor and candidness worked really well for my husband
Describe Stephen G. Somkuti's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Stephen G. Somkuti
2010 - 2011
It is a large clinic [Abington Repro - Toll- Ldale] with multiple doctors. The only downside to the clinic is that you never know who will be doing you procedure and it is a bit of luck of the draw but it is understandable with such unpredictable procedure time lines and so many patients...
2010 - 2011
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
It is a large clinic with multiple doctors. The only downside to the clinic is that you never know who will be doing you procedure and it is a bit of luck of the draw but it is understandable with such unpredictable procedure time lines and so many patients.
She treated my a real person. She was honest and blunt but caring. I felt almost more like I was speaking with a friend than a physician. She was not condescending and I never felt like she pittied me. She was knowledgeable and I felt confident in her care.
The nurses were all very friendly and knew me well (since I was at the clinic A LOT). I definitely developed a relationship with them. They were always very professional and caring.
Of all the doctors that i saw at the clinic Dr. Nichols was by far my favorite. I felt the most comfortable in her care and I felt like she knew me the best. I felt like she truly cared about me.
Don't give up
Jennifer Nichols
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Abington Reproductive Medicine- Abington was] Very large. Sometimes difficult to get appts. Front desk staff good as was finincial coordinator. Several doctors and I think they all review cases. Hard to tell if that was done. I would have liked more specific information about each step. I need a lot of info...They [nurses] were generally good. Just a lot of them
She’s very kind
They were generally good. Just a lot of them
I liked her she was encouraging and I do believe that she cared for my case. Was responsive when I needed help and generally got back to me quickly I think she thought I was going to be successful even thought I wasn’t.
2014 - 2017
Always received calls back when needed, even from doctors during off hours [at . Always in and out with not much of a wait. Several offices to go to depending on what was closer to work/home...Dr. Nichols was amazing. I always felt like she listened to my concerns, explained everything in terms I could understand (she would even do drawings!).. my husband and I always felt like she was really in our corner fighting as hard as we were. We loved Dr Nichols and couldn’t recommend her enough.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Always received calls back when needed, even from doctors during off hours. Always in and out with not much of a wait. Several offices to go to depending on what was closer to work/home. ............………
Ask as many questions as you want! She will take the time to answer them all.
Due to a uterus abnormality, I could only transfer one embryo
Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
The clinic was clean and all of the staff were helpful. Everything went off without a hitch. We were very happy with our decision to go to Abington Reproductive. I honestly don’t have any criticisms. We had a wonderful experience....They were warm, answered all of my questions and treated me kindly throughout the whole process....I couldn’t have asked for a better, more personal experience....Dr. Nichols was warm, patient, and took the time to explain the process with us.
Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone involved was warm, patient and knowledgeable.
Dr. Nichols was warm, patient, and took the time to explain the process with us. She also took the time to answer all of my questions and concerns in depth. I couldn’t have asked for a better, more personal experience.
Don’t be afraid to ask anything. She won’t judge you and she’ll take the time to walk you through anything you’re concerned about.
Dr. Nichols was open to doing two embryos if that was what my husband and I wanted, but she recommended only transferring the strongest so that we wouldn’t risk multiples.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Lee and her staff [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] were amazing and were always welcoming and warm. They felt like part of the family!... Approximately 12,000 for IVF with ICSI.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Welcoming, informative, helpful.
Dr. Lee and her staff were amazing and were always welcoming and warm. They felt like part of the family!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Annu Joseph)
Amazing!
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Lee was always very warm and welcoming. She explained every detail of all procedures and diagnoses in understandable terms. She answered any and all questions. Dr. Lee was very knowledgeable and current in her practices. I always felt like she had a "sixth sense" as well! I would recommend her to anyone!
Go to her!!!!
IVF with ICSI.
Approximately 12,000 for IVF with ICSI.
2013 - 2014
All the nurses [at Abington Reproductive Group] were very competent, skilled and made me feel at ease that I was in good hands.... Dr Lee was a leader with her knowledge of what was available in this area. She always presented options and the pros/cons. She answered every question I had, was compassionate and very skilled at all the procedures she did for me. I would recommend her 110%
2013 - 2014
Dr. Lee was wonderful! She took the time to answer all my questions, offered support through the entire process and always new what to do and try next!
All the nurses were very competent, skilled and made me feel at ease that I was in good hands.
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
It took me awhile to have a child, but Dr. Lee always had a plan on how to get to the end goal.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Immunological, Other
Felt like they were treating me as an individual not a number. Many of the nurses I had contact with [at Abington Reproductive] were great with the exception of one.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Immunological, Other
Very kindly. Felt like they were treating me as an individual not a number.
Many of the nurses I had contact with were great with the exception of one.
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Business is very caring, takes time to explain every test, procedure and medications that she wants you to start. She makes sure that you understand everything and calls you back within a few hours of leaving a message for her.
Make sure you ask questions no question is silly or dumb.