6.7

West Chester, PA 19380
Wilkes Barre (closed)
150 Mundy Street MAC Bldg
Wilkes Barre, PA 18702

Dr. Sobel cared about us as people, always taking the time to explain treatments, medications and tests. He personally called me after each round of bloodwork to update me on the results...He never pressured us to start a new cycle before we were ready...We did 4 cycles with letrizole and a trigger shot, then added an IUI to the last 2 of those cycles. We used this protocol because no red flags appeared in my or my husbands bloodwork or testing
Several of the nursing staff [of SRM] are awesome...[clinic error]nurse sent me out once from my last appointment before our IUI without confirming the details, and when we showed up for the IUI two days later, the office didn’t have it scheduled...our insurance doesn’t cover any fertility costs, our cycles all cost a flat fee of $1000, not including medication. Our IUIs were an additional ~$400...Lots of drs, but you still get to see the same one pretty consistently
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Dr. Sobel was a great communicator and clearly explained our options, tests, and treatments. He never pressured us to start a new cycle before we were ready. He personally called me to update me on all bloodwork and tests, including my negative pregnancy tests, which helped to soften the blow of that bad news. We didn’t get pregnant through any of our cycles with Dr Sobel so far, but still plan to continue seeing him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Speak up about what you want to do and any questions you have. Dr Sobel was accommodating with treatments I requested or explained in detail why certain treatments weren’t the best fit for us at this time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Dr Sobel cared about us as people, always taking the time to explain treatments, medications and tests. He personally called me after each round of bloodwork to update me on the results, and was always very encouraging. He was very aware that this was a difficult time for us, and his communication was tailored to empathize with us.
Describe the protocols Michael Sobel used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
We did 4 cycles with letrizole and a trigger shot, then added an IUI to the last 2 of those cycles. We used this protocol because no red flags appeared in my or my husbands bloodwork or testing. Negative pregnancy tests on all 4 cycles.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Several of the nursing staff are awesome- specifically Robyn and Tamara. There’s another nurse (can’t recall her name) at the KOP and WC offices who always seemed to be rushing me out and never gave me any next steps- she sent me out once from my last appointment before our IUI without confirming the details, and when we showed up for the IUI two days later, the office didn’t have it scheduled. Since timing was of the essence, Robyn stepped in and did our IUI rather than Dr Sobel, but I couldn’t help but be a little frustrated that we were paying for Dr Sobel to do it, and because of a fault on the office’s side, we had a nurse doing our IUI instead.
Describe your experience with Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
The clinic overall is great! Lots of drs, but you still get to see the same one pretty consistently. The offices have decent hours, and there are enough offices that I can always drive to one within 30 mins regardless of the date and time of my appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Because our insurance doesn’t cover any fertility costs, our cycles all cost a flat fee of $1000, not including medication. Our IUIs were an additional ~$400
Describe Michael Sobel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
We did not do IVF so no comment
What specific things went wrong at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
We showed up for our last IUI only to discover that there was a scheduling error and the dr was unavailable to complete the procedure. A nurse did it, so we were still able to do our IUI, but that cycle ended with a negative pregnancy test, and I can’t help but wonder if it would have been different if Dr Sobel has administered the IUI.

2012 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Nichols was amazing from our first appointment to our last one. She listens without interrupting. Answers the most insane questions without judgement. Is willing to try anything. Will explain information countless times until you understand. She’s compassionate, positive, friendly and understanding...I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own. We started with an injectible cycle that was turned to an IVF cycle when I overproduced follicles. We did a fresh transfer, and then four frozen transfers before a positive pregnancy. When trying for a second, we attempted one round of IUI with IVF being recommended moving forward...I was diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus. Nichols only recommended one embryo at a time for my safety
Nurses [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] were incredibly helpful. Would offer free samples if available, because they knew we struggled to keep up with paying for everything...Strengths of the office would be the availability of doctors appointments and the communication with the nurses. They take the time to explain everything in greater detail. The only weakness is when you call, there is only one number for all of the offices. So you may not get the office you normally visit and will have to leave a message and wait until later in the day for a call back.
How was your experience with Jennifer Nichols at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Nichols at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Don’t be afraid to say anything! It’s a judgement free zone with Dr Nichols.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Nichols at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Dr. Nichols was incredible at making you feel like she was fighting right along with you. She was positive but realistic.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Nichols used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
Nurses were incredibly helpful. Would offer free samples if available, because they knew we struggled to keep up with paying for everything.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Nichols at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Around $20,000?
Describe Jennifer Nichols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
He completed my hysteroscopy procedure and made the experience as pleasant as it could be. He did the egg retrieval procedure and made sure I had all viable information available to me and what next steps I should try to take. when it was not successful...He has excellent bedside manner especially when you have to do outpatient procedures either under anesthesia or not.
The [Sincera Reproductive Medicine] nursing staff were good and followed up the next day after each procedure. They had good bedside manner when doing outpatient procedures and ensure my care and well being while in the surgical center...The clinic is good and they keep you informed as to your treatment, next steps and appointments in advance. The only issues was they schedule a few appointments and was unaware of the time and had to follow up.
How was your experience with Larry Barmat at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Larry Barmat at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
He is awesome and very informative during your treatment. He tries to make the best of this sometimes frustrating situation and ensures you have all information needed to move forward in your treatment. He has excellent bedside manner especially when you have to do outpatient procedures either under anesthesia or not.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Larry Barmat at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Questions were answered and explained treatment options and results.
Describe the protocols Larry Barmat used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
Did IVF agonist protocol and even with few follicles, tried to have an egg retrieval. There were no eggs retrieved but plan was made to move forward with egg donor/ embryo treatment plan.
The nursing staff were good and followed up the next day after each procedure. They had good bedside manner when doing outpatient procedures and ensure my care and well being while in the surgical center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Larry Barmat at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Insurance covered most of the treatment services. Only co-payments for the office visits and surgical center fee ($50- 150)
Describe Larry Barmat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Single embryo transfer is preferred as it limits high risk multiple pregnancy rate.
Only issue was that an appointment was made with an outside facility and I was unaware of it when I received the call. I had to rearrange my schedule but it was eventually conveyed at an appointment I had prior to the outside facility appointment
Larry Barmat
Fort Washington

My experience with Dr. Lee has been positive, despite not achieving the results I wanted. She has been understanding, compassionate, and straightforward with me the entire time I was under her care. From what I can tell, she made sure no box was unchecked and did her best to uncover the reasons why I couldn't get pregnant. I didn't see her every time I was at the clinic, in fact I probably only saw her once every 5 or 6 visits, but I was confident she was monitoring my progress regardless.... We used both letrozole and gonal-f for our TI
The entire staff at ARM is incredibly friendly and helpful. Getting an early morning monitoring appointment was essential to my being able to pursue treatment. I never had a problem scheduling an appointment and all my calls were returned same day. The only negative I can say about ARM is that I didn't always receive an email with my lab results, it varied greatly depending on who was monitoring me that day. But I did receive a phone call which is appreciated.... I loved my nurse, Sue! She was a fantastic cheerleader, communicator, and support.
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Annette Lee at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Trust her, she knows what she's talking about!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Annette Lee at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Dr. Lee was attentive to my needs and questions, and never rushed me out of an appointment or made me feel pressured to pursue any treatment I was uncomfortable with.
Describe the protocols Annette Lee used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
We used both letrozole and gonal-f for our TI and IUI procedures. I don't have ovulation issues, but these were used to make the ovulation stronger and to time it correctly. She also prescribed progesterone after ovulation occurred. None of the 7 rounds resulted in a pregnancy, which is not ideal, but everything "looked good" on paper.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Sue Seybert)
I loved my nurse, Sue! She was a fantastic cheerleader, communicator, and support. Always friendly and compassionate, Sue is a true gem on the ARM team.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Annette Lee at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
My insurance paid for my treatment with the exception of copays. With prescriptions and copays, I paid probably $400/month for IUIs with Dr. Lee.
The only thing that went wrong at the clinic was that it varied on when I would be called with results. Some months I would get a call after every monitoring appointment, others I would only get a call if something was wrong, or sometimes I didn't receive a call with lab results at all. It was never for anything major so I wasn't too bothered by it.
Lansdale

Dr. Somkuti is kind, humorous, and straightforward. I appreciate the detail and time that he dedicates to us. Dr. Somkuti personally calls us regarding test results. I truly appreciate this because I know it takes time and patience to give us results and answer questions. Our journey is only beginning, and diminished ovarian reserve is a whole lot to process....Cycle 1: trying naturally with the assistance of clomid and the ovulation trigger shot (ovidrel) Cycle 2: IUI with clomid (because my body responded well the first time) and ovulation trigger shot (ovidrel)
I leave most appointments meeting with a nurse before I leave [Abington Reproductive]. All of my questions are answered. There are times when I email a question and get an almost immediate and helpful response. I have had a lot of questions and nerves about the IUI procedure. Susan took her time to give me the peace of mind. I feel so comfortable talking to the nursing staff...I could go on and on about the strengths of this clinic. Being a school teacher, my schedule is very limited. This practice works around my schedule by offering 7am appointments. I see the people at this clinic more than my own parents! They treat you like you matter, and that is very important.
How was your experience with Stephen Somkuti at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Dr. Somkuti is kind, humorous, and straightforward. I appreciate the detail and time that he dedicates to us. Dr. Somkuti personally calls us regarding test results. I truly appreciate this because I know it takes time and patience to give us results and answer questions. Our journey is only beginning, and diminished ovarian reserve is a whole lot to process. With that said, I am hopeful that the care we are receiving will eventually lead to our rainbow baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Somkuti at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Let your guard down- Dr. Somkuti’s personality will help you do that! Do not be afraid to be confused. Ask questions, and trust that Dr. Somkuti will give you an knowledgeable and honest answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Somkuti at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
My husband and I suffered a miscarriage a year prior. Instead of telling us how common it is and so on, we were comforted. We knew instantly that we wanted to continue with Abington Reproductive because we were treated with such kindness.
Describe the protocols Stephen Somkuti used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Susan Tangert )
I leave most appointments meeting with a nurse before I leave. All of my questions are answered. There are times when I email a question and get an almost immediate and helpful response. I have had a lot of questions and nerves about the IUI procedure. Susan took her time to give me the peace of mind. I feel so comfortable talking to the nursing staff.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Somkuti at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
My initial testing was a few hundred dollars. I go once or twice a week for bloodwork, ultrasounds, procedures, etc. Each visit is a $40 co-pay. Medications for the 2 cycles were $300 total. Labcorp bloodwork has been hundreds of dollars (still waiting on the total bill.) My husband keeps it all in a spreadsheet. My husband has gone 2 times to give a sample totaling $80.
Stephen Somkuti
Lansdale

With the exception of the first time we met with him, he [Dr. Sobel] had no idea who we were, what our situation was, or what our journey was like, even though we divulged all of that at the first meeting. He didn't even know facts from our chart as he should have. He had no idea how many embryos we had or that we had used donor sperm...I barely saw him in office. He didn't physically have any hand in our treatment (retrieval, insemination, transfers)
I had a copay of $35 for each visit and test. An optional test ($650) and anything associated with donor sperm ($900 for purchase and storage) was out of pocket...I love that there are multiple [Sincera Reproductive Medicine] locations so you don't have to postpone any tests, labs or appointments. I was also able to go to appointments close to my work or my husband's when needed. The office staff is very considerate and friendly. They took the time to get to know you
He was incredibly nice and compassionate at our consultation meeting. He wanted to know everything about us and our hopes and dreams. He promised that I was at the ideal age and in ideal health for the treatment we needed to do (IVF with ICSI) to be successful. That was where that kind of treatment ended. From there on he made no effort to know who we were or figure out why things weren't working for us. I barely saw him in office. He didn't physically have any hand in our treatment (retrieval, insemination, transfers) like his colleagues don't trust him either. His call to tell me each time the transfers didn't work was uncaring. He had no answers for us for what more we could do to help the process. He never gave me the information for the option of freezing our remaining donor sperm so it was discarded (like we had an extra $1,000 to buy it again for further treatment). He told me I must be depressed, that's why things weren't working. This was incredibly insensitive considering what we were going through. It turns out he missed my cycle change (ovulation impeding) in my bloodwork... An easy adjustment, as it turns out. His colleague caught it when I switched to her. She adjusted the timing of my transfer and we got a positive result. I don't think he even looked at my bloodwork.
Pick someone else.
With the exception of the first time we met with him, he had no idea who we were, what our situation was, or what our journey was like, even though we divulged all of that at the first meeting. He didn't even know facts from our chart as he should have. He had no idea how many embryos we had or that we had used donor sperm. To us, that was a major problem.
We had to go right to the intensive treatment (IVF with ICSI) because of my husband's condition. There were no known medical conditions with me. We started the IVF medication for egg retrieval (12 eggs retrieved), used donor sperm to inseminate when my husband's procedure failed (8 inseminated), and did a fresh transfer. We had a total of 4 viable embryos. This transfer did not work. (3 embryos left). He gave us no indication as to reason and made no changes to our treatment. He said we had "plenty" of embryos. This is when I found out the lab discarded our remaining donor sperm because he never gave me the option or storage information in order for it to be saved. We had purchased the last of that donor's sperm, so we'd have to do the selection process all over again if we needed more sperm. He informed me of this, and unprofessional and cold is the only way to describe it. Next, we did a frozen transfer with no change and the same result. For the third try, I saw a colleague of his after a last minute schedule change. She suggested that we do one more test to get more information about my cycle. We did. The results came back normal, but because of how thorough she answered my questions, how she treated me and how she explained her rational and thinking, I switched my treatment to her.
The nursing staff wants to see you succeed and are very compassionate when things don't go well. They cried with me and hugged me when I needed it. They were wonderful.
I love that there are multiple locations so you don't have to postpone any tests, labs or appointments. I was also able to go to appointments close to my work or my husband's when needed. The office staff is very considerate and friendly. They took the time to get to know you. The nurse who draws blood at each location would do the same and they would send good vibes and wishes when it was time to test for pregnancy. They want to see you succeed.
My costs were mostly covered by my amazing health insurance. I had a copay of $35 for each visit and test. An optional test ($650) and anything associated with donor sperm ($900 for purchase and storage) was out of pocket.
He told me he wouldn't do a multiple transfer because I wasn't 35 yet. That was his reasoning and I should have realized he was incompetent right there. Yes those were the guidelines but he couldn't explain why they were the guidelines and what would constitute a reason to ignore them. He just didn't know why, he just knew the "rule".
The lack of information was due to Dr. Sobel's incompetence. He didn't communicate well with patience or his nurses. I heard him berate the nurses on more than one occasion when they had to ask him a question he never answered for me, like they should already know. He also blamed the nurses for not informing me of my options with my donor sperm storage. He was the person I spoke to about the donor sperm, I never spoke to a nurse about it.
2015 - 2019, Unknown Success
I truly was pleased and impressed by how he [Dr. Sobel] treated me as a patient. He cared about our life, our goals, and our vision for our fertility journey. He was honest, but with a caring heart. He explained things in detail and took time to make sure my husband and I understood.... When he found that I had a septum in my uterus, he moved forward with removing the septum before any pregnancy. I also had the HSG done to check my tubes.
Small office [Abington Repro Med] tucked away in a basement so the location is not the most ideal - felt slightly claustrophobic in the building. They have a great staff and very clean office. The office is a branch office, so it is not a top-of-the-notch facility. However, we felt welcomed.... We would meet with her [nurse] at the end of every appointment, and she is would explain the next steps. She was great at communicating and answering questions. She was the one who would go over all the details of the process of medicated cycles.
I truly was pleased and impressed by how he treated me as a patient. He cared about our life, our goals, and our vision for our fertility journey. He was honest, but with a caring heart. He explained things in detail and took time to make sure my husband and I understood. Bedside manners we're top notch, always making sure I was comfortable with everything.
Be honest and open about your vision/goal for your fertility journey. He respects wishes (example: we want to go as natural as possible) of you both.
He genuinely seemed to care about myself and my husband. He'd answer our questions, and he was sensitive to our emotions through the process.
I did medicated cycles with ultrasounds to track the process. They were very structured with how the process went, and gave a complete outline of the process. It was easy to follow. Medications, ultrasounds, and blood work. He also did a great workup of exploratory diagnosis of our fertility. When he found that I had a septum in my uterus, he moved forward with removing the septum before any pregnancy. I also had the HSG done to check my tubes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: (forget her name))
We would meet with her at the end of every appointment, and she is would explain the next steps. She was great at communicating and answering questions. She was the one who would go over all the details of the process of medicated cycles.
Small office tucked away in a basement so the location is not the most ideal - felt slightly claustrophobic in the building. They have a great staff and very clean office. The office is a branch office, so it is not a top-of-the-notch facility. However, we felt welcomed.
Insurance covered the diagnostic testing. It was about $1000-$1500 per medicated cycle, and only about $20-30 per cycle for the medication. Per visit was our copay of $40.
Lancaster

Dr. Nichols was supportive and compassionate. She oversaw my testing and I got pregnant on my first IUI try. She then preformed weekly ultrasounds until I graduated at 10 weeks. She was good about explaining what was on the screen and answering any questions I had about what to expect...My uterine lining got thin so they decided I should start taking baby aspirin and use Letrozole instead of Clomid for the IUI.
[Nurses at Abington were] Very warm and compassionate...I had a very positive experience overall. No issues with nurses, doctors or scheduling. They have multiple offices which is nice because they cover a lot of locations. My IUI itself was done at Abington Hospital...Dr. Nichols was supportive and compassionate. She oversaw my testing and I got pregnant on my first IUI try. She then preformed weekly ultrasounds until I graduated at 10 weeks. She was good about explaining what was on the screen and answering any questions I had about what to expect.
I feel that you can trust her and she understands what you are going through.
Dr Nichols was kind, caring and compassionate. I was actually sad to leave the practice when I graduated at 10 weeks.
I did one month of testing before getting the IUI the following month. The testing started with baseline blood work and an ultrasound. They said my uterus and ovaries looked good. I had 5 follicles on one side and 7 on the other. I started taking CoQ10 & Vitamin D at that time. I then did the Clomid Challenge. I had a saline hysterosalpingogram (HSG) to evaluate my fallopian tubes and the shape of my uterus. I had a saline sonogram to evaluate the inside of the uterine cavity for polyps, fibroids, and/or scar tissue and I also got an endometrial biopsy of my uterine lining and a blood test for FSH. Finally I got another ultrasound and blood work to test my ovulation in response to the clomid. My uterine lining got thin so they decided I should start taking baby aspirin and use Letrozole instead of Clomid for the IUI. I also had 2 matured follicles which was a little nerve-wracking because I didn't want twins. The next month I took the letrozole instead and when I went in for my ultrasound my follicle matured and I was ready. I got my Ovadrel shot to induce ovulation and set my IUI for the next day. It worked and I got pregnant on the first try.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Very warm and compassionate
I believe the testing cycle was $1000 and the insemination was $215.
Langhorne

I feel that Tara [Dr. Budinetz] was "real" and not just giving me doctor language and saying things I didn't understand. She actually explained things in a way that made sense and felt my frustration with things that haven't worked. She was compassionate and honest with me.... She gave me a realistic timeline for how long we should try each step before moving on to the next step.... I started on Clomid and my body went crazy. My uterine lining was a 2 and my egg count was 6-8.
I was referred by a friend to Abington Fertility and would refer others....One strength is that they are flexible with scheduling which was a huge thing for me since I am a teacher and really can really only have early morning appointments and at an office close to me. The staff has been great to work with, informative and caring.... When you call for a nurse you always have to leave a message and then need to wait for someone to call back which used to be always when I couldn't take a call.
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
I feel that Tara was "real" and not just giving me doctor language and saying things I didn't understand. She actually explained things in a way that made sense and felt my frustration with things that haven't worked. She was compassionate and honest with me. She could feel my frustration and expressed her frustration for me and gave me hug and encouragement. She gave me a realistic timeline for how long we should try each step before moving on to the next step. The only frustrating piece of the process is that I have seen multiple doctors at Abington so sometimes I'm not exactly sure who my point person is, but I ask for Dr. Budinetz when possible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. You will get an honest answer and Dr. Budinetz has no problem explaining something multiple times until you get it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
The doctors at Abington Fertility have been informative and have answered my questions. When I've asked them to help me evaluate options I felt they really took in what my thought was and also gave me an honest answer on their thoughts. A lot of the nurses that I've seen have remembered personal things about me that I've talked about (my job, my husband being away for work, etc.) which made me feel like they were actually taking an interest in me.
Describe the protocols Tara Budinetz used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
I started on Clomid and my body went crazy. My uterine lining was a 2 and my egg count was 6-8. The doctors would not let us try that cycle due to the dangers the cycle could cause me or a baby/babies. My 2nd and 3rd cycle was letrozle (50mg) and 1 IUI each time. My uterine lining and ovaries reacted well, but I didn't get pregnant. My 4th cycle was with Follistim injections (started at 75 units dropped to 50 units) and 1 IUI each time. Again my uterine lining and ovaries responded, but we didn't have any success getting pregnant. My 5th cycle was Follistim injections (50 units) and 2 IUIs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Anu & Sue)
I've seen Sue and Anu at the Abington office and they have been wonderful. They answered a lot of the questions I had and continue to have. They have been supportive through this process which can be overwhelming. They provided me with my blood results after every appointment and informed me of my uterine lining and egg/follicle count through every ultra sound. They also explain to me what the numbers actually mean. They had all my instructions written out for me for every cycle and provided me with YouTube links to review how to give injections when I had to start injectable cycles.
I was referred by a friend to Abington Fertility and would refer others. Unfortunately things haven't happened as quickly as I hoped they would, but I do feel that the clinic is doing what they can. One strength is that they are flexible with scheduling which was a huge thing for me since I am a teacher and really can really only have early morning appointments and at an office close to me. The staff has been great to work with, informative and caring. I haven't had anyone yet that I didn't like and I feel like I've seen a lot of nurses/doctors. I feel like they are organized and do a good job at knowing what's going on with you when they come in to the room and can quickly see your history so that you don't have to explain your previous cycles every time you have a new person with you. When you call for a nurse you always have to leave a message and then need to wait for someone to call back which used to be always when I couldn't take a call. I've now started leaving times to call me back which has definitely helped that problem and they return calls within that day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
We have already spent $7,000 (testing, 4 cycle fees, 5 IUIs, medications) and that does not include any IVF costs.
Describe Tara Budinetz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Dr. Lee at Abington is who I met with for the IVF consultation and she said they would transfer 1 embryo

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Barmat is very direct but very honest and upfront. He genuinely cares but will not waste your time on things he does not feel are necessary or that will not work. I've always felt like he had my best interest and truly cared.... Testosterone protocols, which allowed for the follicles to start around the same time. I often experienced issues where one follicle would take off in size and this protocol has brought me the most success with number of eggs retrieved.
Billing [Abington Reproductive Med] lacks on communication and responsiveness. A great group of doctors, however they all have different approaches or suggestions which at times is conflicting and confusing.... Overall the nurses are great. There are a few that I felt had attitude in their tone. I do understand the job is demanding but as infertility patients we are extremely vulnerable. I do not think any were lacking knowledge or assistance but some were definitely more friendly and more compassionate then others.
Very smart, looks at your best interest and never seems about the money. Listens and provides honest feedback. Supports thoughts and ideas but also only within reason. Goes through all options, discussed experimental ideas but then advises if not necessary for your current situation. Compassionate but not too emotional.
His empathy can appear dry.
Billing lacks on communication and responsiveness. A great group of doctors, however they all have different approaches or suggestions which at times is conflicting and confusing. Nurses are thorough and responsive. Biggest negative is billing area.
Cost were in range with other facilities and average cost in general.
Typically, I was allowed to transfer 2. They always explained everything in full detail.
My blood draw was never sent out which caused delays in results. Was also missed in a call back once.
Larry Barmat
Langhorne
I honestly do not believe Dr. Budinetz has a weakness. She is thoughtful and kind. She is very thorough and honest. Whenever my husband and I feel negatively about our situation, she will sit and talk us through everything, weighing all of our options. We don't ever feel as though we are bothering her. I really could not ask for a better fertility specialist.... Dr. Budinetz did a couple of procedures checking my tubes, uterine lining, etc. Everything came out normal. My uterine lining does seem to have trouble becoming thick, so she has me take a baby aspirin, daily. Our last round of iui, instead of using clomid, she had me take a different hormone
As soon as you walk in, it is just a very welcoming atmosphere. You feel like you are their top priority. They [Abington Reproductive Med] answer any and all questions. You never feel rushed and they always return phone calls and emails, promptly. I honestly do not have a negative thing to say.... Dr. Budinetz and her staff are absolutely amazing! I feel as though they are my best friends, because of the strong shoulder they always offer us, to lean on.
She is very honest, but lovable. She will not force you to have expensive, unnecessary testing.
Dr. Budinetz and her staff are absolutely amazing! I feel as though they are my best friends, because of the strong shoulder they always offer us, to lean on. They answer questions, always so promptly and will talk with you all day, until you are absolutely sure, you understand. Dr. Budinetz always gives me a hug and let's me cry it out, if needed. When recommending them to others, I always say, "If and when we get pregnant, I will miss Dr. Budinetz and her staff". How could I not? You immediately feel welcomed, once you walk into the office.
Dr. Budinetz did a couple of procedures checking my tubes, uterine lining, etc. Everything came out normal. My uterine lining does seem to have trouble becoming thick, so she has me take a baby aspirin, daily. Our last round of iui, instead of using clomid, she had me take a different hormone (which I cannot remember for the life of me, the name of it) to also help thicken my uterine lining. Both this hormone and the baby aspirin have helped.
Just like Dr. Budinetz, the nursing staff is extremely warm and welcoming. They show compassion and are just wonderful at what they do. One of them actually was emailing with me, back and forth, on a Friday evening, because I was nervous about my trigger shot. I couldn't ask for anything more, from them.
As soon as you walk in, it is just a very welcoming atmosphere. You feel like you are their top priority. They answer any and all questions. You never feel rushed and they always return phone calls and emails, promptly. I honestly do not have a negative thing to say.
I really cannot remember.
Bethlehem
She [Dr. Annette Lee] doesn't show as much "warm and fuzzy" emotion as some other doctors, but that does not mean she is not 100% committed to your case. We brought up a concern we had early on, and she fully took in the concern instead of being defensive...She is objective, detail oriented, and has ample knowledge about research on different options...She tailored our protocol to best fit our fertility hurdles and our concerns. We did 1 round of IUI and then jumped to IVF to speed up the process-our decision, we were not pressured to do so.
There were a few times discharge instructions [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] did not match with what the doctor had talked about. We caught the differences and brought up our concerns. They were resolved and handled in a professional manner...The PA's- Annu and Sarah are extremely friendly, caring, and dedicated to your case. We really appreciated all of the staff members...I would recommend double checking what the doctor says and what she says to make sure it is the same. There were a few times when she would tell us something different, because we were on a different protocol than most, so the discharge instructions were often different than the regular template. She is compassionate and caring. She helped give me the IM injections a few times when my husband was out of town and we really appreciated that. Thank you!
Dr. Lee is extremely knowledgable, committed, she will give you straight unbiased answers to questions you have about different options, and she manages all her cases closely. I felt confident in the treatment plan made for us. She spent ample time during a few meetings in her office discussing all of the options-pros and cons. I knew she was the perfect fit for the doctor we needed on our case.
She doesn't show as much "warm and fuzzy" emotion as some other doctors, but that does not mean she is not 100% committed to your case. We brought up a concern we had early on, and she fully took in the concern instead of being defensive. She reassured us and took us step-by-step through what we would go through. I appreciated her honesty and I knew then she really does care, she just shows it differently than other people who may have a very bubbly personality. She is objective, detail oriented, and has ample knowledge about research on different options. I loved how she did not push Clomid for us when we discussed concerns, we used Letrozole instead. She will work with you instead of giving a cookie-cutter plan. She really does care!
We spoke with Dr. Lee about certain concerns with medications used for fertility. She tailored our protocol to best fit our fertility hurdles and our concerns. We did 1 round of IUI and then jumped to IVF to speed up the process-our decision, we were not pressured to do so.
We used Letrozole instead of Clomid because we were concerned about the rate of twins with Clomid. For IVF I believe it was the GnRH antagonist protocol? We chose this because of PCOS and we wanted to prevent ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Sue)
Sue is very friendly and works hard. I would recommend double checking what the doctor says and what she says to make sure it is the same. There were a few times when she would tell us something different, because we were on a different protocol than most, so the discharge instructions were often different than the regular template. She is compassionate and caring. She helped give me the IM injections a few times when my husband was out of town and we really appreciated that. Thank you!
The PA's- Annu and Sarah are extremely friendly, caring, and dedicated to your case. We really appreciated all of the staff members. The phlebotomists are professionals!!! I was getting blood drawn 1-3 times a week, one of my arms has really crappy vessels so they mostly drew on the same arm all the time and almost always got it on the first stick. I was primarily at the Lansdale office but sometimes we would go to Abington. The lady who did the IUI was very nice and I felt comfortable during the procedure. We saw a few other doctors there on days I went when Dr. Lee wasn't working and they are great. The biggest strength I believe is the staff and their support with you through the process which is both mentally and physically demanding. Dr. Barmat and the surgery staff were excellent during my egg retrieval. I was nervous but everything went smoothly and it ended up being the easiest part of the whole process. The only weakness is to make sure that the discharge instructions (on the typed paper sent home with you) matches up with what the doctor discussed. There were a few times when a different drug was listed or different timing. I think this was only because our protocol was slightly different that the one used most often. We brought our concerns up with Dr. Lee and she handled the discussion extremely well, very professional, and told us how she was going to improve communication with the staff. Overall, we're extremely happy we used Dr. Lee at Abington Reproductive (Now called Sincera). I definitely recommend her and her staff for fertility treatment. Thank you to all their staff!
Insurance covered most
Describe Annette Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
We discussed this in depth and due to it being our first attempt, young 30s, higher risks of pregnancy and twin delivery we chose single embryo transfer.
There were a few times discharge instructions did not match with what the doctor had talked about. We caught the differences and brought up our concerns. They were resolved and handled in a professional manner.

2013 - 2017, Successful
IVF was 10000 [at Abington Reproductive Group] Not including medications. However Dr Lee provided me with donated gonal f to reduce costs which was appreciated.... he first treatment was to correct some abnormalities in my uterus. Then we tried IUI using Clomid and gonal f. I developed cysts from the Clomid so the next cycle of IUI we used femara and gonal f. We tried one more cycle of IUI with this protocol. Dr Lee had advised us prior to the IUI's that since she had diagnosed me with diminished ovarian reserve it was unlikely the IUI would work but we wanted to try anyway and she agreed. However she said after 3 failed IUI's, IVF would be our best option. We moved onto IVF and I stimmed with femara, gonal f, ganirelix. We retrieved 9 eggs, 5 fertilized, 4 day 5 blastocysts. We transferred 2 embryos and had healthy full term twins in May 2016.
Upon having my first consultation with Dr Lee, I felt like I was in great hands. She is extremely knowledgeable in her field, and she took the time to explain the entire process and what type of testing we would undergo to determine the cause of our infertility. She was always up front and honest, and did not sugar coat anything which I like. She uncovered a few problems and performed a couple of procedures to remedy them prior to any treatments. I am very grateful to Dr Lee for providing me with next steps when certain procedures didn't work. We did what she recommended and now have beautiful boy/ girl twins after 4 years of trying to conceive.
Be ready to take in all of the information she will provide you, and trust in her recommendations.
Dr Lee took great care to thoroughly explain the entire process to me and provided me with all the information needed.
The first treatment was to correct some abnormalities in my uterus. Then we tried IUI using Clomid and gonal f. I developed cysts from the Clomid so the next cycle of IUI we used femara and gonal f. We tried one more cycle of IUI with this protocol. Dr Lee had advised us prior to the IUI's that since she had diagnosed me with diminished ovarian reserve it was unlikely the IUI would work but we wanted to try anyway and she agreed. However she said after 3 failed IUI's, IVF would be our best option. We moved onto IVF and I stimmed with femara, gonal f, ganirelix. We retrieved 9 eggs, 5 fertilized, 4 day 5 blastocysts. We transferred 2 embryos and had healthy full term twins in May 2016.
IVF was 10000. Not including medications. However Dr Lee provided me with donated gonal f to reduce costs which was appreciated.
Dr Lee advised me on eSET and explained since I was 34 at egg retrieval, I may have success with one embryo transferred. But due to financial costs for any future transfers we decided to transfer 2.

2012 - 2017, Successful
The first and only cycle that we completed (resulting in our twins) was done as reciprocal IVF using my partner's eggs, anonymous donor sperm, and with myself serving as the gestational carrier. .... First, we were both put on oral birth control pills for about a month to sync our cycles. Next, I was put on estrogen patches to build my uterine lining, and she was simultaneously put on an injectable medication to hyperstimulate her ovaries to produce multiple eggs. Then, I was put on Lupron to stop my ovulation, and when she was ready to ovulate, she was given Lupron and hCG to time everything for the egg retrieval procedure. She had the egg retrieval performed and the eggs were fertilized with our anonymous donor sperm, resulting in 9 fertilized embryos at day 5
Our experience with Dr. Lee was wonderful. A few years ago, she was our doctor for the reciprocal IVF cycle that resulted in our healthy twin girls. We were always extremely impressed with her high level of professionalism at every visit. I had a lot of anxiety surrounding my ideas about treatment, and she helped ease my fears by answering my questions and explaining details. She is incredibly knowledgeable and it is clear that she has a great passion for her work; she is always sharing the latest scientific research with her patients. On a personal level, she is very kind and always put us at ease with her well-timed humor and seemingly endless patience. She has changed practices since she helped us conceive our twins a few years ago, but we will be following her to her new practice this year when we try for another child. Oh, and for a while we were unsure that we could handle more kids, but she convinced us with her hilarious anecdotes about raising five(!) children herself, reassuring us that after the first kid, "it's just one more sandwich to make!"
Seeing Dr. Lee for our fertility journey was one of the best choices I've ever made! If you choose her as your provider, come with an open mind and know that you can trust her to help you in every way she possibly can.
I felt like treatment was very personal with Dr. Lee; she put us at ease from the very first consultation. She spent a lot of time educating us and easing our anxiety. It was clear that she was extremely knowledgeable and experienced, but she still remained flexible in accommodating our wishes.
The first and only cycle that we completed (resulting in our twins) was done as reciprocal IVF using my partner's eggs, anonymous donor sperm, and with myself serving as the gestational carrier. This was several years ago, so some of the details are foggy, but I will recount as many details as I can remember. First, we were both put on oral birth control pills for about a month to sync our cycles. Next, I was put on estrogen patches to build my uterine lining, and she was simultaneously put on an injectable medication to hyperstimulate her ovaries to produce multiple eggs. Then, I was put on Lupron to stop my ovulation, and when she was ready to ovulate, she was given Lupron and hCG to time everything for the egg retrieval procedure. She had the egg retrieval performed and the eggs were fertilized with our anonymous donor sperm, resulting in 9 fertilized embryos at day 5. After the egg withdrawal, she was given oral medication to prevent complications from ovarian hyperstimulation. At the time of retrieval, I was put on progesterone, which I continued throughout the first 10 (?) weeks of pregnancy. Dr. Lee was very thorough in explaining all of this at our first consultation, as well as before each step was performed.
Dr. Lee presented us with the option to transfer one or two embryos; she made it clear that she was not comfortable with transferring more than that because our chances of conceiving were high. She discussed thoroughly with us the risks and benefits of transferring one vs. two embryos and we felt well informed when making our decision. Although we all were in agreement to transfer two embryos, we still had an interesting conversation regarding the ethical implications of multiple embryo transfers.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Budinetz] is very down to earth and makes you feel like she cares. Almost like you are her only patient. She wants to see me happy...She is quite thorough and and understanding of my feelings. She's very positive and a sort of cheerleader which we can all use during this challenging time...
Very understanding to the sensitive nature of their business [at Abington Repro - Toll - Beth]. The only thing I find a little frustrating is you cannot call the office directly. You must call one central number and always be transferred to voicemails. No one ever answers the phone...My insurance doesn't cover much. The billing is very confusing. Since they are so thorough you will be seen several times a week during a cycle the cost is high. 3 IUI's cost out of pocket approximately $2,700 plus I purchased vials of sperm 3 times @ 1,000 a piece...
She will make you feel important
She is very down to earth and makes you feel like she cares. Almost like you are her only patient. She wants to see me happy.
She checked my tunes were open by flushing with saline and a small biopsy of my uterus. Found inflammation so she gave me a strong antibiotic to take for a day. Also suggested low dose aspirin to help thin my blood since I my blood work showed to clot a little too much. I had 3 IUI's with her. First had a test clomid cycle which I responded well to 50mg but I also never had a problem ovulating. First IUI no success but had many follicles. More aggressive 2nd IUI was with injectables (I believe due to my age of 41 at the time) gonal f 75mg, many follicles again but no success. 3rd IUI the same injectables but with different sperm donor and no success. Years prior I had a laparoscopic surgery for endo. She stated she didn't feel that to be a concern. At this point she stated she felt it most likely was my egg quality. Even though I have many the only way to know would be ivf and she knows how costly that is so she suggested embryo adoption to be my best chance at conceiving. I cannot afford ivf which my insurance does not cover so I am currently on a waiting list for up to a year waiting to be called.
Very caring and paid attention to detail
Very understanding to the sensitive nature of their business. The only thing I find a little frustrating is you cannot call the office directly. You must call one central number and always be transferred to voicemails. No one ever answers the phone

Surrogacy With Other Docs
Dr. Nichols is so down to earth, kind & compassionate. She makes you feel like you are her top priority and spends a lot of time with you at each appointment. She shared her own IVF journey with us and it was really helpful knowing what to expect and feeling like she truly understood the process we were embarking on...My wife & I did reciprocal IVF so we had different protocols... I ended up having an ovarian cyst and needed surgery before the transfer, so it set us back a month - the reason was that the cyst could cause a problem while I was pregnant. I had a very healthy pregnancy, so I'm glad we went through with the surgery.
We never had to wait for an ultrasound and appointments were easy to book [at Toll Center for Reproductive Sciences]...we had to pay out of pocket for the egg retrieval and transfer...some medications were covered under insurance. We also had to pay for genetic counseling, genetic testing and we had to see a therapist because we were using donor sperm (didn't take insurance). We also had to purchase donor sperm...Liz was very on top of things but wasn't very warm - she was super professional which is very important in a nurse.
Dr. Nichols is so down to earth, kind & compassionate. She makes you feel like you are her top priority and spends a lot of time with you at each appointment. She shared her own IVF journey with us and it was really helpful knowing what to expect and feeling like she truly understood the process we were embarking on. So grateful to her!
Don't be afraid to ask questions - she is more than happy to sit down and make you feel good and calm about your journey.
Dr. Nichols went above and beyond to make us feel cared for and acknowledged. She shared her own fertility journey with us to prepare us for the IVF process. We ended up being pregnant at the same time and developed a friendship throughout the process. We are so beyond grateful for her!!!
My wife & I did reciprocal IVF so we had different protocols. I ended up having an ovarian cyst and needed surgery before the transfer, so it set us back a month - the reason was that the cyst could cause a problem while I was pregnant. I had a very healthy pregnancy, so I'm glad we went through with the surgery.
LOVED our clinic. We were lucky to live close to one of their smaller locations (they have several offices), so we never had to wait when we arrived for our appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
We never had to wait for an ultrasound and appointments were easy to book.
We had copays for each visit, we had to pay out of pocket for the egg retrieval and transfer, some medications and some medications were covered under insurance. We also had to pay for genetic counseling, genetic testing and we had to see a therapist because we were using donor sperm (didn't take insurance). We also had to purchase donor sperm.
We wanted to reduce our risk of twins, so we only transferred 1 embryo and we were blessed that it worked on the first try. Our doctors agreed this was a smart course of action!
Abington

I think Dr. Budinetz is the best doctor at Abington Reproductive Medicine. The other doctors are great as well, but she was different and so down to earth. Ask all of your questions because she was eager to answer them and explain in detail...She was straight forward and honest from the beginning. She did not mess around with my time. If something wasn't working we would move on to a more aggressive treatment. Luckily we didn't have to move to IVF. She gave me probability of success from the beginning, so I knew what to expect. She talked to me like a friend and treated me like an intelligent human being. I absolutely loved her from the minute we met. AND she got me pregnant in only seven months of treatment!
I think Dr. Budinetz is the best doctor at Abington Reproductive Medicine. The other doctors are great as well, but she was different and so down to earth. Ask all of your questions because she was eager to answer them and explain in detail...They were always quick to respond to phone calls and emails. I only had to call once because they were late calling me with beta results and the nurse was very apologetic. They always called the same day for beta results and within hours for other questions. Some nurses had awesome bedside manner and others were just okay.
My doctor always called me to keep me updated on next steps and progress. Sometimes even before the results of my pregnancy test. I loved knowing what could be coming because I like to be prepared.
We started off with typical testing (clomid resistance test, HSG, SHS). Then we moved to Femara and timed intercourse because there was no indication that I was not ovulating on my own. After one failed cycle with timed intercourse we moved to IUI. For all three of my IUI cycles we did Femara, Ovidrel, and double IUI. I was also on Metformin even though I do not have insulin resistance. I only started Metformin during my last two cycles. I also took Ovasitol and ubiquinol. During my treatment I had two separate ovarian cysts that delayed a couple of cycles. I took birth control to resolve them. The cycle I became pregnant was one of the cycles right after taking birth control for two weeks to resolve a cyst.
They do everything for you regarding scheduling. Directions for each cycle were always very clear and someone was always available for questions. I feel like my every need was catered to.
My insurance covers fertility treatments. 70% after my deductible
My prescription wasn't called in one time. Not a big deal, although it was stressful. I wasn't called before closing with beta results, but the nurse eventually called me back and was very apologetic.

2011 - 2015, Successful
I loved how willing she [Dr. Annette Lee] was to try new treatments when a cycle or two didn't work. She also respected my decision when I emotionally just need an emotional break from treatments. After 3 failed IUI's most doctors would have never performed another IUI. My insurance wouldn't cover the cost of IVF so we switched up the protocol and with the help of donated injectibles, I finally conceived against the odds, thanks to her!
She [Dr. Annette Lee] & her entire staff [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] always knew my name. You could feel her compassion and not once did I ever feel pressured. She even was able to donate injections to me after various failed cycles when my insurance wouldn't cover the cost. She truly cares about each patient and only wants the best possible outcome.
I was hesitant about choosing to go a specialist. Once I met her I knew she was the one. I loved how willing she was to try new treatments when a cycle or two didn't work. She also respected my decision when I emotionally just need an emotional break from treatments. After 3 failed IUI's most doctors would have never performed another IUI. My insurance wouldn't cover the cost of IVF so we switched up the protocol and with the help of donated injectibles, I finally conceived against the odds, thanks to her!
Never doubt her intentions. She WILL chose the best method of treatment for your scenario. Be honest and speak with her about your concerns. She will explain it and make you feel at ease.
She & her entire staff always knew my name. You could feel her compassion and not once did I ever feel pressured. She even was able to donate injections to me after various failed cycles when my insurance wouldn't cover the cost. She truly cares about each patient and only wants the best possible outcome.
Actively TTC #1 since Feb 2011 - unprotected since 2008 5/11 - Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism: TSH of 153!!! 2/12 - Referred to RE 3/12 - HSG & Hysteroscopy all clear 3/12 - Clomid 100 mg 4/12 - Clomid 100 mg w/trigger 5/12 - Femara 5 mg w/trigger 5/12 - TSH level FINALLY normal at 0.60 6/12 - Femara 5 mg w/trigger. IUI #1 CP 7/12 - Femara 5 mg w/trigger. IUI #2 8/12 - Sanity Break...natural cycle 9/12 - Sanity Break continued... 10/12 - TSH regulated at 0.60, AMH 3.28 & FSH 5.21 10/12 - Femara 5 mg w/Ovidrel, Crinone & Prometrium. IUI #3 11/12 - Femara 5 mg, Follistim 300 iu, Bravelle 150 iu, Low Dose HCG 50 iu w/Ovidrel, Crinone. IUI #4 11/12 - P4 level at 7DPO: 55.8
Never a number, always a person
Most covered by my insurance. All injectibles I received through donation.

2014, Successful
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Jennifer and the other physicians and nurses in the practice really took the time to get to know my husband and myself... Nurses always called back immediately, and Dr. Nichols always answered emails promptly. No one ever made me feel rushed, and no one ever seemed annoyed or frustrated by my constant question-asking.
Dr. Nichols was a breath of fresh air after my previous fertility doctor...she was patient and kind, and she went out of her way to make my husband and me feel comfortable and to make sure that she was addressing all of our concerns. She responded to emails and calls quickly and comprehensively, and she never condescended to either of us. When my husband's and my identical twins were born a few weeks ago, Dr. NIchols was one of the first people we wanted to contact!
Don't assume that because she is a DO she is any less qualified than the MDs in her office...Dr. Nichols is extremely intelligent, deeply kind, and a joy to work with.
Jennifer and the other physicians and nurses in the practice really took the time to get to know my husband and myself. Before starting injections, for example, a nurse sat down with me for over two hours to ensure I felt comfortable mixing and administering all of the medications. Nurses always called back immediately, and Dr. Nichols always answered emails promptly. No one ever made me feel rushed, and no one ever seemed annoyed or frustrated by my constant question-asking.
The nurses made the clinic experience a positive one. Every single one of the nurses I met with were compassionate, sensitive, patient, and smart. They took the time to ensure I understood how to administer all injections, they called back within an hour or two when I had questions about anything, and they patiently worked with my schedule to ensure the timing of our cycle worked with my husband and myself.
The only issue I had was having to ask them two or three times to fax my records to my OB.
Abington

Very understanding, does not waste your time. He sets a plan and sticks to it. Explains everything that happens with the process. He works great with the main nurse. They both work together as a team to establish what will happen with the fertility process. ... I was on clomid for the first course to increase my chances with strengthening my ovulation. The clomid did make me ovulate however I produced too many follicles. So no IUI that round. I then did Letrozole and IUI my second round. My husband has low sperm count but the IUI was not successful and due to the Pandemic we are unable to get further rounds of IUI till the Pandemic ends
Strengths organized and professional. The staff [is very nice and compassionate which is nice because the infertility journey is very stressful. Weakness the lab tech does not explain what labs she is drawing. I would like an explanation of what labs were taken each time I was there ... [nurses] Great communication. The staff gets back to you within a day of leaving a message.
Just be ready for a lot of testing an information given to you.
He is very caring and understanding. He takes time to get to know his patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Laurie)
Strengths organized and professional. The staff is very nice and compassionate which is nice because the infertility journey is very stressful. Weakness the lab tech does not explain what labs she is drawing. I would like an explanation of what labs were taken each time I was there
My insurance covered 70% after I met my deductible, my bill was around 60 co pay for every appt and the procedures were billed over 2,000
Did not have that done
Lancaster

[Dr. Jennifer Nichols is] Great for initial consults and to have as a doctor - would not change that. Not sure her treatment protocols are as creative as some other doctors; though I think finding someone great at this is rare. Important to stay educated by doing research on your own etc...Very easy to talk to. Very good bedside manner. Explained things really well.
Front desk staff [at Sincera Reproductive Medicine] was really nice and friendly. My one complaint is that every time I tried to schedule over the phone I waited on hold for 30-40 minutes...For some reason they just don't have enough people for phone support which is makes no sense since all other areas run super smoothly. Thankfully I would schedule in person whenever possible or the nurses would do it in advance, but would be nice if I could call and talk to someone more easily.
Always good at listening and providing great information. Made me feel comfortable. Was delicate about my situation and did not push me to extremes. Let me start with IUI and move on to IVF later. Had a nice balance of honesty about my chances but was not negative/bleak.
Very easy to talk to. Very good bedside manner. Explained things really well.
Most of the doctors, PAs and nurses are great. But as with all places there are some that are not as good. Nursing staff was really good about responding to questions over e-mail or calling about results/updates. Always got a call from a nurse in less than 24 hours when requested. Front desk staff was really nice and friendly. My one complaint is that every time I tried to schedule over the phone I waited on hold for 30-40 minutes and sometimes wound up hanging up. For some reason they just don't have enough people for phone support which is makes no sense since all other areas run super smoothly. Thankfully I would schedule in person whenever possible or the nurses would do it in advance, but would be nice if I could call and talk to someone more easily.
Langhorne

She [Dr. Annette Lee] is an excellent communicator. Her bed side manner is wonderful. She is gentle. She takes her time to make sure she see what she needs to see when doing the FETs. When one of our frozen embryos did not react well to the thawing process she spoke to me and my husband about our options on the day of the transfer and when we made our decision she affirmed our decision...She went by the guidelines and would recommend transferring 1 embryo. We were educated about the outcomes for both single and multiple.
FET cycle is 2,300 [at Abington Reproductive Medicine]...Billing department can be tough to get aim contact with. However once you do they are very helpful. It is easy to make an appointment. They had fragrance plug ins that can be over powering at the Abington office. Office at Abington looks outdated. The Lansdale office is newer...They [nurses] are kind, attentive, knowledgeable. Returned all phone calls and were eager to make my experience a pleasant one
She is an excellent communicator. Her bed side manner is wonderful. She is gentle. She takes her time to make sure she see what she needs to see when doing the FETs. When one of our frozen embryos did not react well to the thawing process she spoke to me and my husband about our options on the day of the transfer and when we made our decision she affirmed our decision.
Ask questions. Be apart of your appointments.
I felt like a human because Dr. Lee talked to me and checked in on how I was feeling. I never felt rushed. She answered all my questions
Estracre pills morning and night, estrogen patches ever three days. This was to help build my uterun wall. Medrol 5 days before transfer. Start progesterone and oil shots in the morning 5 days before to get my uterus ready. After transfer continue with progesterone and oil shots, patches and progesterone suppositories.
They are kind, attentive, knowledgeable. Returned all phone calls and were eager to make my experience a pleasant one
FET cycle is 2,300
Lansdale

[Dr. Budinetz is] very understanding and provides answers to all questions. She also recognizes that environmental factors can play a role in infertility and refers patients to acupuncture during treatment...I was able to be seen within a week of calling and was told almost immediately what she thought was going on. After all testing was complete it was confirmed that I have diminished reserve. She’s been honest that I can get pregnant, but may have low quality eggs given my high levels.
[The nursing staff at Abington Reproductive Medicine is] Amazing and very sweet...IUI runs roughly $1,500 a cycle...The overall practice is great, appointment setting can be stressful. Sometimes appointments are set without talking to you and you are forced to work your schedule around availability. This also is an attempt to get you seen quickly, so likely not an issue if you don’t need to move quickly...I had a full blood panel, HSG and saline sono. After these were complete I used letrozole for 5 days during my cycle. This proved the best as I had two large follicles. We actually have round 1 of IUI tomorrow and letrozle once again produces two quality eggs.
The doctor is fantastic, they do have a small staff so appointments are made from their main office in Abington, which can lead to undesired appointment times. I was able to be seen within a week of calling and was told almost immediately what she thought was going on. After all testing was complete it was confirmed that I have diminished reserve. She’s been honest that I can get pregnant, but may have low quality eggs given my high levels.
You need an understanding job as appointments are scattered.
She’s very understanding and provides answers to all questions. She also recognizes that environmental factors can play a role in infertility and refers patients to acupuncture during treatment.
Amazing and very sweet.
My insurance covers all testing, but zero treatment. IUI runs roughly $1,500 a cycle.

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr. B [Budinetz] is so patient and kind, you never feel rushed when in her office. She puts everything out on the table for you in the most gentle of ways. She is easy to get an appointment with & always so warm and welcoming. I can’t say enough good things about her. 3 years ago she correctly diagnosed me with endometriosis.. after months of fertility pills and 2 years of trying to get pregnant I finally got my miracle baby. We have been TTC
Easy to get an appt which I know is not typical of fertility offices. The front desk staff [Abington Reproductive Med] are pleasant. You get your results back in a timely manner from the nurses most times which helps alleviate some of the anxiety of TTC. No negatives.... Molly [nurse] was also great! She was available when Dr. B wasn’t and did some of my tests as well.... Dr. B [Budinetz] is so warm, friendly, accommodating knowledgeable (the list could go on & on!)
Dr. B is so patient and kind, you never feel rushed when in her office. She puts everything out on the table for you in the most gentle of ways. She is easy to get an appointment with & always so warm and welcoming. I can’t say enough good things about her. 3 years ago she correctly diagnosed me with endometriosis.. after months of fertility pills and 2 years of trying to get pregnant I finally got my miracle baby. We have been TTC # 2 for the last 18 months with her assistance.
She is so much better then any doctor I’ve ever seen for any issue! She truly is world class.
Dr. B is so warm, friendly, accommodating knowledgeable (the list could go on & on!)
3 50 mg rounds of clomid Laparoscopic surgery to rule out endo 2 rounds of 5 mg (pregnant on final dosage) TTC #2, 3 rounds of 5 mg femara and 1 round of 100 mg Clomid. So far no pregnancy yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Molly- PA)
Molly was also great! She was available when Dr. B wasn’t and did some of my tests as well.
Easy to get an appt which I know is not typical of fertility offices. The front desk staff are pleasant. You get your results back in a timely manner from the nurses most times which helps alleviate some of the anxiety of TTC. No negatives.
Luckily my insurance covered mostly everything due to my Endometriosis being the diagnosis codes. The fertility pills were fairly cheap.
Bethlehem

She [Dr. Budinetz] decides single versus multiple based on your personal case and situation but ultimately leaves the final decision to the patient...Her bedside manner was amazing. She crossed every t and dotted every i to make sure we had the best possible results. I can't describe any weaknesses with her because she was a great dr. Although we didn't have a positive pregnancy test she remains invested in our case and helping us become parents
Molly [nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine] was a great communicator and had a great personality...It [monitoring] was well oiled machine. You'd get called back for bloodwork and then back to the monitoring room. They'd be in within minutes...$11,000 for ivf cycle plus $4000 for meds...Returned my calls and answered questions within hours of my call if I called during business hours. Any calls after hours were returned early afternoon. If I had a question they couldn't answer while I was on the phone with them they would refer to the dr and then call me back with an answer
Be open and honest with her about your situation and your expectations
Our treatment before, during and after the cycle was outstanding. Dr. B and her staff were always willing to answer our questions and showed that they genuinely cared
Lupron downflow, follistim, hcg low, hcg trigger shot, pio. Post transfer, pio every other day, progesterone suppository nightly, estrogen. Negative pregnancy test due to egg quality
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Molly and Kristen)
Molly was a great communicator and had a great personality Kristen not so much, nice, but Molly was better
Always willing to help and communicate. Returned my calls and answered questions within hours of my call if I called during business hours. Any calls after hours were returned early afternoon. If I had a question they couldn't answer while I was on the phone with them they would refer to the dr and then call me back with an answer
It was well oiled machine. You'd get called back for bloodwork and then back to the monitoring room. They'd be in within minutes
$11,000 for ivf cycle plus $4000 for meds
She decides single versus multiple based on your personal case and situation but ultimately leaves the final decision to the patient