6.8

Wilkes Barre (closed)
150 Mundy Street MAC Bldg
Wilkes Barre, PA 18702
215.887.2010

Having unexplained infertility makes is very difficult because as I am going through treatment I am getting good results but it never ends in a pregnancy. Dr. Nichols is caring and compassionate. She is also professional but friendly and easy going...My treatment was strategies didn’t change during they cycle...[she] did have a strong preference on not transferring more than 2 embryos at a time.
They have several locations which is good. Nurses get back to you timely and the same day. The billing dept was only available over the phone. Would have preferred to sit down with someone to go over cost and options...$20,000 between frozen cycle, meds, iui, dr visit copays...Weakness was they didn’t really offer resources to get meds cheaper or treatment less expensive.
How was your experience with Jennifer Nichols at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Dr Nichols is the absolute best. Having unexplained infertility makes is very difficult because as I am going through treatment I am getting good results but it never ends in a pregnancy. Dr. Nichols is caring and compassionate. She is also professional but friendly and easy going.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Nichols at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Ask questions. She will never make you feel that your question is a stupid question.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Nichols at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
She has compassion and empathy.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Nichols used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
My treatment was strategies didn’t change during they cycle. The results were what they hoped for
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Strengths included the fact they were constant and the staff didn’t change over much so you got to know them. Weakness was they didn’t really offer resources to get meds cheaper or treatment less expensive.
Describe your experience with Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Nichols at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
$20,000 between frozen cycle, meds, iui, dr visit copays.
Describe Jennifer Nichols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Dr did have a strong preference on not transferring more than 2 embryos at a time.
Jennifer Nichols
Abington

[Dr. Larry Barmat is a] Great doctor, very knowledgeable. Amazing bedside manner and treated you like a real person. Brought humor to the situation when all you wanted to do was cry. Very patient and kind. We are very lucky to have him as our doctor.... We started with clomid which did not work and then moved on to another pill. That made me ovulate but it did not work again so we switched to the injectibles. None produced a full term pregnancy
I couldn’t love the staff at Abington more. They are beyond compassionate and friendly. They really make you feel like they are the only one they are caring for... Morning hours are def a strength, the only weakness is that you have to pay to park. The friendly staff, down to even the receptionist and billing people. If they say they will return your call that day, they always do. You never sit and wait for your appts, they are very timely.
How was your experience with Larry Barmat at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Larry Barmat at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Listen to what he says even though you may not want to hear it. He’s the expierenced one.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Larry Barmat at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Very down to earth and listened to every question you had. Made you laugh at times when you wanted to cry
Describe the protocols Larry Barmat used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Larry Barmat at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Out of pocket we have spent close to $4000 so far the rest was covered by insurance. IVF will cost around $17,000 which is completely out of pocket
Abington
She answered all my questions during the consultation. She also performed the HSG test in the office for me. Other than that I always saw the nurses. I am a single mom by choice, so I didn't necessarily have fertility issues that needed Dr. Lee's attention...She is very to the point and matter of fact, but she will take the time to answer any of your questions/concerns. She is very thorough...Before starting, we took a baseline ultrasound and blood work. I also had a hysteroscopy and HSG performed. We monitored the cycle closely. I took prenatals, CoQ10, and vitamin D3. I used a trigger shot the day before IUI. A few days after IUI I used progesterone suppositories.
I dealt with the nurses 99% of the time [at Abington Reproductive Medicine]. Annu was always wonderful, as was Sue...There are a lot of locations so it can be difficult to talk to a specific office. The IUI has to be done at the main clinic in Abington because that's where they store the sperm. So that is a longer drive depending on which office you normally use, plus it's a different staff. The good side to all the locations is there was one very close to my house which made all the appointments less of a hassle.
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Annette Lee at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Describe the protocols Annette Lee used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
I dealt with the nurses 99% of the time. Annu was always wonderful, as was Sue.
Lansdale
She [Dr. Budinetz] was honest and treated my partner and I with respect at all times. She was fantastic. ... She explained everything simply so there were no misunderstandings. She did not hype us up either to where we expected results right away. She also did not push treatments that we did not feel comfortable with. ... She is super knowledgeable and wants the best for her patients.
They [Abington Repro] had great hours I could usually get to before work. They were easy to work with and overall just a great feel to the office at such a stressful time. I recommend this office and dr to everyone I know who suspects they may need help getting pregnant ... The whole office was amazing. From the front desk to the PA, they were all so understanding and compassionate
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Have an open mind and follow everything that she tells you to do. She is super knowledgeable and wants the best for her patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
She was honest and treated my partner and I with respect at all times. She was fantastic.
Describe the protocols Tara Budinetz used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
I tried clomid with my OBGYN, and then letrozole with a trigger shot. I had blood work and ultrasounds to monitor follicle growth and hormones. then I did injectable medications followed with IUI each cycle.
They had great hours I could usually get to before work. They were easy to work with and overall just a great feel to the office at such a stressful time. I recommend this office and dr to everyone I know who suspects they may need help getting pregnant
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Most was covered by my insurance, we had to pay out of pocket for the medications.
Bethlehem
Dr Budinwtz was very warm and personable but also reality based which I appreciated...She was very thorough and clear with us... She was always honest with her thoughts as a docotr and prepared us well through out our journey on what to expect. She was also very helpful with managing early pregnancy symptoms and reassurance based in honesty and compassion...You will love her!
Be vigilant about billing processes [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] as it is a huge hassle to fix later when you are already stressed out from the process itself. Staff are all amazing and helpful. Once I switched locations for this office I had less issues in the billing area...Nurses were pretty great but were messing up marking my bills for insurance . We had no coverage and paid out of pocket and they kept billing our insurance. Also took blood work for genetic testing after I had declined. They did this in conjunction with other blood work so I did not know at the time.
She was very thorough and clear with us. Warm and personable. She was always honest with her thoughts as a docotr and prepared us well through out our journey on what to expect. She was also very helpful with managing early pregnancy symptoms and reassurance based in honesty and compassion.
You will love her!
Letrizole and ovidrell trigger shot with timed intercourse
Be vigilant about billing processes as it is a huge hassle to fix later when you are already stressed out from the process itself. Staff are all amazing and helpful. Once I switched locations for this office I had less issues in the billing area
Cycle fee and costs of co pays for testing and medications
What specific things went wrong at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Blood was drawn for genetic testing that I had previously declined.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Sobel] was very compassionate throughout our treatment. He always took the time to process with us and gave us hope without sugar-coating the chances...He was excellent, even though it was a tough road, he explained everything and walked though it with us. He gave us a realistic understanding of what our chances were despite having unexplained infertility...if you want excellent bedside manner, you can’t go wrong with choosing him.
I think the location is a strength—Abington is located near Philadelphia yet you get to access their services locally. Because it’s a smaller facility, you will feel like you’re talking to family. You will get to know the staff in a raw and emotionally vulnerable way, and they will support you as though you are family...We tried 4 rounds of IUI (according to Dr. Sobel, we had an 80% chance of conceiving after 4 attempts). We had one chemical pregnancy but was not successful in conceiving. We then had a lot of hope that IVF would be our final treatment, hopeful that it would result in a baby. Unfortunately for us, it didn’t result in a pregnancy.
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
I would say if you want excellent bedside manner, you can’t go wrong with choosing him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Dr. Sober was very compassionate throughout our treatment. He always took the time to process with us and gave us hope without sugar-coating the chances.
Describe the protocols Michael Sobel used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
After we had tried a few months of Chlomid with our OB, we went to Dr. Sobel. We tried 4 rounds of IUI (according to Dr. Sobel, we had an 80% chance of conceiving after 4 attempts). We had one chemical pregnancy but was not successful in conceiving. We then had a lot of hope that IVF would be our final treatment, hopeful that it would result in a baby. Unfortunately for us, it didn’t result in a pregnancy.
2013 - 2014, Successful
Never ever felt like a number. Dr. Lee and her staff always knew who we were and what the treatment plan would be from month to month...Dr. Lee was amazing from the time we met her. She was caring and always explained what we should expect. I always felt comfortable asking any questions I had and she never ever made me feel discouraged...My first few courses were femara, then femara with Gonal-F then Gonal-F. All with IUI and trigger injections. I did back to back IUI's my last few rounds. We resulted in a twin pregnancy my last cycle with Gonal-F, trigger injection and IUI. We had 2 heartbeats early on but lost a twin early. Dr. Lee was very compassionate.
The nursing team {at Abington Reproductive Medicine] was very knowledgeable and compassionate!...My first few courses were femara, then femara with Gonal-F then Gonal-F. All with IUI and trigger injections. I did back to back IUI's my last few rounds. We resulted in a twin pregnancy my last cycle with Gonal-F, trigger injection and IUI. We had 2 heartbeats early on but lost a twin early... staff always knew who we were and what the treatment plan would be from month to month.
Trust her and the process she puts in place.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Annette Lee at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
The nursing team was very knowledgeable and compassionate!
I would suggest you trust the process. Don't second guess what the plan is. Dr. Lee is brilliant and knows her stuff! I know it's hard when you experience infertility but her main goal is to get you pregnant!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Annette Lee at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
My insurance covered most of the costs.

2008 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Barnard was my favorite doctor at Abington. He was always compassionate and spent time with me answering every question I had. Dr. Barmat even called me after my miscarriage to explain what had been wrong with the baby....My very first cycle was not successful. So for the second, they did ICSI in case the shell of my eggs was too hard. That cycle resulted in my daughter. When we went back for baby #2, they had switched from injectable progesterone to progesterone suppositories. Because I responded better to the shots, we switched back to that.
One of their top benefits is the number of satellite offices meaning you don’t have to drive to Abington for every appointment. All staff is very experienced and interact with couples all day. They know how hard the process is and are always compassionate and respectful....i never had a negative experience with any of the staff at Abington....Dr. Barnard was my favorite doctor at Abington. He was always compassionate and spent time with me answering every question I had.
He is so very smart. Trust in him that he wants you to be successful.
Always compassionate and answered all questions.
i never had a negative experience with any of the staff at Abington.
I was extremely lucky. My insurance covered my treatments.
2011 - 2013, Unsuccessful
Dr. Somkuti always made time to answer all my questions. Appointments never felt rushed and never felt like he had more important things to do....With fertility treatments, there is no guarantee a pregnancy will result. However, all the drs are extremely positive. Dr. Somkuti would take the time at each ultrasound and explain the procedure, answer questions, and explain my chances....Every cycle besides my first, I had ICSI done.
Their primary strength [of Abington Reproductive Medicine] would have to be the number of locations they now have. I had to drive into Abington every day but now they have satellite offices in many cities. That is huge to someone from out of town and who has to work. The only downside would be then that all retrievals must be done at the main office....The nursing staff soon knows you by name and are also friendly and helpful....The costs were comparable to other clinics.
How was your experience with Stephen Somkuti at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Somkuti at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Ask questions if you have questions. Don’t be afraid to speak up. Fertility is expensive and they expect to have questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Somkuti at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Describe the protocols Stephen Somkuti used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
Every cycle besides my first, I had ICSI done.
With multiple appointments each week, you get to know all staff. The nursing staff soon knows you by name and are also friendly and helpful. I like to understand everything that is happening and the nurses and drs made time to answer any question I had.
Their primary strength would have to be the number of locations they now have. I had to drive into Abington every day but now they have satellite offices in many cities. That is huge to someone from out of town and who has to work. The only downside would be then that all retrievals must be done at the main office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Somkuti at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
The costs were comparable to other clinics.
Stephen Somkuti
2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Milman] genuinely listened to us and out concerns. She took the time to treat us as an individual couple and never made us feel rushed or our concerns not warranted...we always feel that we are a unique couple and we aren't lumped into every one else who may going through this experience as well. We were always individuals with adequate time devoted to us as well as a willingness to always explain any and everything...excellent doctors
[Toll Center] Location, relative affordability for those paying out of pocket, excellent doctors and nursing staff...[nursing staff] Always attentive, kind, and willing to speak with me to alleviate any nerves. I have never once experienced a rushed appointment....IUI rounds for noninjectable meds were $1000 and then $380 for insemination, not including needed meds...we always feel that we are a unique couple and we aren't lumped into every one else who may going through this experience as well. We were always individuals with adequate time devoted to us as well as a willingness to always explain any and everything.
How was your experience with Lauren Milman at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Again, we always feel that we are a unique couple and we aren't lumped into every one else who may going through this experience as well. We were always individuals with adequate time devoted to us as well as a willingness to always explain any and everything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Milman at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
If you need someone who shows empathy and understanding I would highly recommend her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Milman at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
She genuinely listened to us and out concerns. She took the time to treat us as an individual couple and never made us feel rushed or our concerns not warranted.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Milman at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Lauren Milman
Lansdale
He [Dr. Sobel] was very pleasant to work with. I felt comfortable under his care. He clearly explained options and answered my questions. He performed a procedure the other practice had never mentioned. I had the stomach flu just prior to my scheduled hysteroscopy, and he quickly called back to address that....He was very compassionate and easy to talk to. I was hesitant to see a male doctor, but I was very comfortable with him....
The need to travel to Abington if we did IVF or for specialty sperm testing. Otherwise, I was pleased with the practice [Abington Repro - Toll - Lanc]. I appreciated suggestions of vitamins to take during cycle. I only worked with them for one cycle...[Nurse] Robin was very kind, compassionate, and helpful...One cycle after hysteroscopy to repair uterine septum (undiagnosed at other practice.) Only did Femara with no injectibles and IUI which was less than previous practice.
He was very pleasant to work with. I felt comfortable under his care. He clearly explained options and answered my questions. He performed a procedure the other practice had never mentioned. I had the stomach flu just prior to my scheduled hysteroscopy, and he quickly called back to address that.
Ask questions - he was always willing to answer.
One cycle after hysteroscopy to repair uterine septum (undiagnosed at other practice.) Only did Femara with no injectibles and IUI which was less than previous practice. Positive pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Robin)
Robin was very kind, compassionate, and helpful
The need to travel to Abington if we did IVF or for specialty sperm testing. Otherwise, I was pleased with the practice. I appreciated suggestions of vitamins to take during cycle. I only worked with them for one cycle, so I don't have a lot of experience.
Lancaster

Dr. Nichols was warm, patient, and took the time to explain the process with us. She also took the time to answer all of my questions and concerns in depth. I couldn’t have asked for a better, more personal experience....Don’t be afraid to ask anything. She won’t judge you and she’ll take the time to walk you through anything you’re concerned about....The clinic was clean and all of the staff were helpful. Everything went off without a hitch.
The clinic was clean and all of the staff were helpful. Everything went off without a hitch. We were very happy with our decision to go to Abington Reproductive. I honestly don’t have any criticisms. We had a wonderful experience....They were warm, answered all of my questions and treated me kindly throughout the whole process....I couldn’t have asked for a better, more personal experience....Dr. Nichols was warm, patient, and took the time to explain the process with us.
Everyone involved was warm, patient and knowledgeable.
Dr. Nichols was open to doing two embryos if that was what my husband and I wanted, but she recommended only transferring the strongest so that we wouldn’t risk multiples.
Jennifer Nichols
Langhorne
2015, Successful
She [Dr. Lauren Milman] really took the time to go over my history, planned many tests to set up an appropriate plan of care, and made sure I knew what to expect. She was also aware that our insurance wasn't covering any costs so she was mindful of that as well. She never rushed us through appts and took the time to listen to our concerns...We did genetic testing, hysterscopy, used clomid, metformin and vaginal suppositories. We were successful with all of that and IUI.
The nurses [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] were all very kind and compassionate and they brought a nice touch of humor to make me feel comfortable...I believe throughout the 2 cycles [of IUI] and testing it was roughly $3500. Maybe more...They were kind over the phone and in office for scheduling. Everyone made sure to be personable and treat me like a person, not a number and it was very clean. The waiting area could have been more relaxing.
She really took the time to go over my history, planned many tests to set up an appropriate plan of care, and made sure I knew what to expect. She was also aware that our insurance wasn't covering any costs so she was mindful of that as well. She never rushed us through appts and took the time to listen to our concerns.
Ask questions and if you still don't understand, ask her to rephrase.
She took the time to talk with me before, during, and after appts.
Describe the protocols Lauren Milman used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
The nurses were all very kind and compassionate and they brought a nice touch of humor to make me feel comfortable.
I believe throughout the 2 cycles and testing it was roughly $3500. Maybe more.
Lauren Milman
2013 - 2014, Successful
All the nurses [at Abington Reproductive Group] were very competent, skilled and made me feel at ease that I was in good hands.... Dr Lee was a leader with her knowledge of what was available in this area. She always presented options and the pros/cons. She answered every question I had, was compassionate and very skilled at all the procedures she did for me. I would recommend her 110%
It took me awhile to have a child, but Dr. Lee always had a plan on how to get to the end goal.
Dr. Lee was wonderful! She took the time to answer all my questions, offered support through the entire process and always new what to do and try next!
All the nurses were very competent, skilled and made me feel at ease that I was in good hands.
2014, Successful
Dr. Lee and her staff [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] were amazing and were always welcoming and warm. They felt like part of the family!... Approximately 12,000 for IVF with ICSI.
Dr. Lee was always very warm and welcoming. She explained every detail of all procedures and diagnoses in understandable terms. She answered any and all questions. Dr. Lee was very knowledgeable and current in her practices. I always felt like she had a "sixth sense" as well! I would recommend her to anyone!
Go to her!!!!
Dr. Lee and her staff were amazing and were always welcoming and warm. They felt like part of the family!
IVF with ICSI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Annu Joseph)
Amazing!
Welcoming, informative, helpful.
Approximately 12,000 for IVF with ICSI.
2015, Unknown Success
Dr. Budinetz is very caring, takes time to explain every test, procedure and medications that she wants you to start.
Felt like they were treating me as an individual not a number. Many of the nurses I had contact with [at Abington Reproductive] were great with the exception of one.
Dr. Business is very caring, takes time to explain every test, procedure and medications that she wants you to start. She makes sure that you understand everything and calls you back within a few hours of leaving a message for her.
Make sure you ask questions no question is silly or dumb.
Very kindly. Felt like they were treating me as an individual not a number.
Many of the nurses I had contact with were great with the exception of one.
Bethlehem
Annette Lee is extremely knowledgable and has a list of other doctors that she can refer you to if needed...She was available in person and over the phone. She would call personally anytime she had results to share...I had blood work drawn to see if I had any underlying causes. Once that was done, she recommended I have an HSG and Hysteroscopy. I was then put on Clomid to see if I could get pregnant from that. I went back for bloodwork and I was not pregnant. She recommended us to do IVF because IUI would not be successful for us.
Strengths [of Sincera Reproductive Medicine]: Staff is very nice and knowledgable. Clean facility. They provide you will lots of resources. Weaknesses: The front desk lady is not always the nicest but if you are nice to her she will be nice back...It is hard to tell what everything costed because it was all through Axia Women's health. When I was at the office I did not have to pay. Bloodwork, HSG, Hysteroscopy was billed to me through Asia Women's Health. I have paid close to $3,000 so far just for bloodwork
Annette Lee is extremely knowledgable and has a list of other doctors that she can refer you to if needed. She referred my husband to a Reproductive Urologist that she trusts. The nurses were extremely nice and compassionate. I have never felt uncomfortable or that I did not belong there. I would always recommend Sincera to anyone having infertility problems.
Trust her! She knows her stuff! Always ask questions because she knows her stuff.
Annette took her time to explain how women get pregnant and how male infertility can impact your chances of a pregnancy. She was available in person and over the phone. She would call personally anytime she had results to share. She is very knowledgable and knows her information.
When I first arrived to Annette's office I had blood work drawn to see if I had any underlying causes. Once that was done, she recommended I have an HSG and Hysteroscopy. I was then put on Clomid to see if I could get pregnant from that. I went back for bloodwork and I was not pregnant. She recommended us to do IVF because IUI would not be successful for us.
The nursing staff was very nice and compassionate and very knowledgable. They were nice every time I saw them. So nice and understanding and easy to talk to.
Strengths: Staff is very nice and knowledgable. Clean facility. They provide you will lots of resources. Weaknesses: The front desk lady is not always the nicest but if you are nice to her she will be nice back
Describe Annette Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
No information available
Lancaster
We were planning on doing medicated IUIs with Chlomid [with Dr. Sobel] until that stopped working for my body, so we switched to letrozole which seems to be working. We have done this for three IUIs and plan on doing one more then we will meet again and talk about future strategies of number four is not successful...Only saw Dr. Sobel once through my 3 IUIs...He has very kind and caring bedside manor. His team works together to accomplish his goals. He calls mid cycle to let you know your blood results, and his team works hard to make sure you feel comfortable during procedures.
Sarah [nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine] is amazing, she keeps us informed and comfortable at all times...About $1,000 per [IUI] cycle plus additional costs for medications and proceedures...I think they do a great job with anonymity. Their waiting room is what you would expect. The clinic itself is basically a basement but they have it brightened up. They are kind and want the best for you...We were planning on doing medicated IUIs with Chlomid until that stopped working for my body, so we switched to letrozole which seems to be working. We have done this for three IUIs and plan on doing one more then we will meet again and talk about future strategies of number four is not successful.
Make sure you know what the expectations are moving forward and be sure you are on the same page, they want to make sure you are comfortable with your treatments.
Only saw Dr. Sobel once through my 3 IUIs, his PA Sarah is amazing and his nurse Robin is nice but treats you like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Sarah Tangert PA)
Sarah is amazing, she keeps us informed and comfortable at all times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
About $1,000 per cycle plus additional costs for medications and proceedures.
Lancaster

One issue I had from the start was that he [Dr. Barmat] always referred to IVF as creating a "test tube baby." I did not like that terminology. He did describe everything in detail and explained our best course of action. When we chose to do IUI first due to insurance coverage he supported this decision...At times it seemed like I was just a number. My husband and I felt that IVF was pushed instantly. At other times I appreciated his interactions as they were more personal.
One downfall [to Sincera Reproductive Medicine] is they do not offer financing through the clinic (has to be done through third party)...The nurses here are great. Very responsive. Very compassionate. Happy to answer questions...He [Dr. Barmat] did describe everything in detail and explained our best course of action. When we chose to do IUI first due to insurance coverage he supported this decision.
One issue I had from the start was that he always referred to IVF as creating a "test tube baby." I did not like that terminology. He did describe everything in detail and explained our best course of action. When we chose to do IUI first due to insurance coverage he supported this decision.
Take a notebook to write everything down!
I would say neutral. At times it seemed like I was just a number. My husband and I felt that IVF was pushed instantly. At other times I appreciated his interactions as they were more personal.
I would rather not say
Clinic has recently changed names. Nothing else is really different. Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions to make sure you understand everything. One downfall is they do not offer financing through the clinic (has to be done through third party).
Rather not say
Describe Larry Barmat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Typically they transfer only one