6.7

Wilkes Barre (closed)
150 Mundy Street MAC Bldg
Wilkes Barre, PA 18702

Surrogacy With Other Docs
Dr. Nichols is so down to earth, kind & compassionate. She makes you feel like you are her top priority and spends a lot of time with you at each appointment. She shared her own IVF journey with us and it was really helpful knowing what to expect and feeling like she truly understood the process we were embarking on...My wife & I did reciprocal IVF so we had different protocols... I ended up having an ovarian cyst and needed surgery before the transfer, so it set us back a month - the reason was that the cyst could cause a problem while I was pregnant. I had a very healthy pregnancy, so I'm glad we went through with the surgery.
We never had to wait for an ultrasound and appointments were easy to book [at Toll Center for Reproductive Sciences]...we had to pay out of pocket for the egg retrieval and transfer...some medications were covered under insurance. We also had to pay for genetic counseling, genetic testing and we had to see a therapist because we were using donor sperm (didn't take insurance). We also had to purchase donor sperm...Liz was very on top of things but wasn't very warm - she was super professional which is very important in a nurse.
How was your experience with Jennifer Nichols at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Dr. Nichols is so down to earth, kind & compassionate. She makes you feel like you are her top priority and spends a lot of time with you at each appointment. She shared her own IVF journey with us and it was really helpful knowing what to expect and feeling like she truly understood the process we were embarking on. So grateful to her!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Nichols at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Don't be afraid to ask questions - she is more than happy to sit down and make you feel good and calm about your journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Nichols at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Dr. Nichols went above and beyond to make us feel cared for and acknowledged. She shared her own fertility journey with us to prepare us for the IVF process. We ended up being pregnant at the same time and developed a friendship throughout the process. We are so beyond grateful for her!!!
Describe the protocols Jennifer Nichols used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
My wife & I did reciprocal IVF so we had different protocols. I ended up having an ovarian cyst and needed surgery before the transfer, so it set us back a month - the reason was that the cyst could cause a problem while I was pregnant. I had a very healthy pregnancy, so I'm glad we went through with the surgery.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Describe your experience with Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
LOVED our clinic. We were lucky to live close to one of their smaller locations (they have several offices), so we never had to wait when we arrived for our appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
We never had to wait for an ultrasound and appointments were easy to book.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Nichols at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
We had copays for each visit, we had to pay out of pocket for the egg retrieval and transfer, some medications and some medications were covered under insurance. We also had to pay for genetic counseling, genetic testing and we had to see a therapist because we were using donor sperm (didn't take insurance). We also had to purchase donor sperm.
Describe Jennifer Nichols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
We wanted to reduce our risk of twins, so we only transferred 1 embryo and we were blessed that it worked on the first try. Our doctors agreed this was a smart course of action!
Abington

I think Dr. Budinetz is the best doctor at Abington Reproductive Medicine. The other doctors are great as well, but she was different and so down to earth. Ask all of your questions because she was eager to answer them and explain in detail...She was straight forward and honest from the beginning. She did not mess around with my time. If something wasn't working we would move on to a more aggressive treatment. Luckily we didn't have to move to IVF. She gave me probability of success from the beginning, so I knew what to expect. She talked to me like a friend and treated me like an intelligent human being. I absolutely loved her from the minute we met. AND she got me pregnant in only seven months of treatment!
I think Dr. Budinetz is the best doctor at Abington Reproductive Medicine. The other doctors are great as well, but she was different and so down to earth. Ask all of your questions because she was eager to answer them and explain in detail...They were always quick to respond to phone calls and emails. I only had to call once because they were late calling me with beta results and the nurse was very apologetic. They always called the same day for beta results and within hours for other questions. Some nurses had awesome bedside manner and others were just okay.
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
My doctor always called me to keep me updated on next steps and progress. Sometimes even before the results of my pregnancy test. I loved knowing what could be coming because I like to be prepared.
Describe the protocols Tara Budinetz used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
We started off with typical testing (clomid resistance test, HSG, SHS). Then we moved to Femara and timed intercourse because there was no indication that I was not ovulating on my own. After one failed cycle with timed intercourse we moved to IUI. For all three of my IUI cycles we did Femara, Ovidrel, and double IUI. I was also on Metformin even though I do not have insulin resistance. I only started Metformin during my last two cycles. I also took Ovasitol and ubiquinol. During my treatment I had two separate ovarian cysts that delayed a couple of cycles. I took birth control to resolve them. The cycle I became pregnant was one of the cycles right after taking birth control for two weeks to resolve a cyst.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
They do everything for you regarding scheduling. Directions for each cycle were always very clear and someone was always available for questions. I feel like my every need was catered to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
My insurance covers fertility treatments. 70% after my deductible
What specific things went wrong at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
My prescription wasn't called in one time. Not a big deal, although it was stressful. I wasn't called before closing with beta results, but the nurse eventually called me back and was very apologetic.
Lansdale
Dr Budinwtz was very warm and personable but also reality based which I appreciated...She was very thorough and clear with us... She was always honest with her thoughts as a docotr and prepared us well through out our journey on what to expect. She was also very helpful with managing early pregnancy symptoms and reassurance based in honesty and compassion...You will love her!
Be vigilant about billing processes [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] as it is a huge hassle to fix later when you are already stressed out from the process itself. Staff are all amazing and helpful. Once I switched locations for this office I had less issues in the billing area...Nurses were pretty great but were messing up marking my bills for insurance . We had no coverage and paid out of pocket and they kept billing our insurance. Also took blood work for genetic testing after I had declined. They did this in conjunction with other blood work so I did not know at the time.
She was very thorough and clear with us. Warm and personable. She was always honest with her thoughts as a docotr and prepared us well through out our journey on what to expect. She was also very helpful with managing early pregnancy symptoms and reassurance based in honesty and compassion.
You will love her!
Letrizole and ovidrell trigger shot with timed intercourse
Be vigilant about billing processes as it is a huge hassle to fix later when you are already stressed out from the process itself. Staff are all amazing and helpful. Once I switched locations for this office I had less issues in the billing area
Cycle fee and costs of co pays for testing and medications
Blood was drawn for genetic testing that I had previously declined.
Lansdale

Dr. Nichols was warm, patient, and took the time to explain the process with us. She also took the time to answer all of my questions and concerns in depth. I couldn’t have asked for a better, more personal experience....Don’t be afraid to ask anything. She won’t judge you and she’ll take the time to walk you through anything you’re concerned about....The clinic was clean and all of the staff were helpful. Everything went off without a hitch.
The clinic was clean and all of the staff were helpful. Everything went off without a hitch. We were very happy with our decision to go to Abington Reproductive. I honestly don’t have any criticisms. We had a wonderful experience....They were warm, answered all of my questions and treated me kindly throughout the whole process....I couldn’t have asked for a better, more personal experience....Dr. Nichols was warm, patient, and took the time to explain the process with us.
Everyone involved was warm, patient and knowledgeable.
Dr. Nichols was open to doing two embryos if that was what my husband and I wanted, but she recommended only transferring the strongest so that we wouldn’t risk multiples.

2011 - 2015, Successful
I loved how willing she [Dr. Annette Lee] was to try new treatments when a cycle or two didn't work. She also respected my decision when I emotionally just need an emotional break from treatments. After 3 failed IUI's most doctors would have never performed another IUI. My insurance wouldn't cover the cost of IVF so we switched up the protocol and with the help of donated injectibles, I finally conceived against the odds, thanks to her!
She [Dr. Annette Lee] & her entire staff [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] always knew my name. You could feel her compassion and not once did I ever feel pressured. She even was able to donate injections to me after various failed cycles when my insurance wouldn't cover the cost. She truly cares about each patient and only wants the best possible outcome.
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
I was hesitant about choosing to go a specialist. Once I met her I knew she was the one. I loved how willing she was to try new treatments when a cycle or two didn't work. She also respected my decision when I emotionally just need an emotional break from treatments. After 3 failed IUI's most doctors would have never performed another IUI. My insurance wouldn't cover the cost of IVF so we switched up the protocol and with the help of donated injectibles, I finally conceived against the odds, thanks to her!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Annette Lee at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Never doubt her intentions. She WILL chose the best method of treatment for your scenario. Be honest and speak with her about your concerns. She will explain it and make you feel at ease.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Annette Lee at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
She & her entire staff always knew my name. You could feel her compassion and not once did I ever feel pressured. She even was able to donate injections to me after various failed cycles when my insurance wouldn't cover the cost. She truly cares about each patient and only wants the best possible outcome.
Describe the protocols Annette Lee used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
Actively TTC #1 since Feb 2011 - unprotected since 2008 5/11 - Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism: TSH of 153!!! 2/12 - Referred to RE 3/12 - HSG & Hysteroscopy all clear 3/12 - Clomid 100 mg 4/12 - Clomid 100 mg w/trigger 5/12 - Femara 5 mg w/trigger 5/12 - TSH level FINALLY normal at 0.60 6/12 - Femara 5 mg w/trigger. IUI #1 CP 7/12 - Femara 5 mg w/trigger. IUI #2 8/12 - Sanity Break...natural cycle 9/12 - Sanity Break continued... 10/12 - TSH regulated at 0.60, AMH 3.28 & FSH 5.21 10/12 - Femara 5 mg w/Ovidrel, Crinone & Prometrium. IUI #3 11/12 - Femara 5 mg, Follistim 300 iu, Bravelle 150 iu, Low Dose HCG 50 iu w/Ovidrel, Crinone. IUI #4 11/12 - P4 level at 7DPO: 55.8
Never a number, always a person
Describe the costs associated with your care under Annette Lee at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Most covered by my insurance. All injectibles I received through donation.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Sobel] was very compassionate throughout our treatment. He always took the time to process with us and gave us hope without sugar-coating the chances...He was excellent, even though it was a tough road, he explained everything and walked though it with us. He gave us a realistic understanding of what our chances were despite having unexplained infertility...if you want excellent bedside manner, you can’t go wrong with choosing him.
I think the location is a strength—Abington is located near Philadelphia yet you get to access their services locally. Because it’s a smaller facility, you will feel like you’re talking to family. You will get to know the staff in a raw and emotionally vulnerable way, and they will support you as though you are family...We tried 4 rounds of IUI (according to Dr. Sobel, we had an 80% chance of conceiving after 4 attempts). We had one chemical pregnancy but was not successful in conceiving. We then had a lot of hope that IVF would be our final treatment, hopeful that it would result in a baby. Unfortunately for us, it didn’t result in a pregnancy.
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
I would say if you want excellent bedside manner, you can’t go wrong with choosing him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Dr. Sober was very compassionate throughout our treatment. He always took the time to process with us and gave us hope without sugar-coating the chances.
Describe the protocols Michael Sobel used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
After we had tried a few months of Chlomid with our OB, we went to Dr. Sobel. We tried 4 rounds of IUI (according to Dr. Sobel, we had an 80% chance of conceiving after 4 attempts). We had one chemical pregnancy but was not successful in conceiving. We then had a lot of hope that IVF would be our final treatment, hopeful that it would result in a baby. Unfortunately for us, it didn’t result in a pregnancy.
Michael Sobel
Lancaster
2015, Successful
She [Dr. Lauren Milman] really took the time to go over my history, planned many tests to set up an appropriate plan of care, and made sure I knew what to expect. She was also aware that our insurance wasn't covering any costs so she was mindful of that as well. She never rushed us through appts and took the time to listen to our concerns...We did genetic testing, hysterscopy, used clomid, metformin and vaginal suppositories. We were successful with all of that and IUI.
The nurses [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] were all very kind and compassionate and they brought a nice touch of humor to make me feel comfortable...I believe throughout the 2 cycles [of IUI] and testing it was roughly $3500. Maybe more...They were kind over the phone and in office for scheduling. Everyone made sure to be personable and treat me like a person, not a number and it was very clean. The waiting area could have been more relaxing.
How was your experience with Lauren Milman at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
She really took the time to go over my history, planned many tests to set up an appropriate plan of care, and made sure I knew what to expect. She was also aware that our insurance wasn't covering any costs so she was mindful of that as well. She never rushed us through appts and took the time to listen to our concerns.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Milman at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Ask questions and if you still don't understand, ask her to rephrase.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Milman at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
She took the time to talk with me before, during, and after appts.
Describe the protocols Lauren Milman used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
The nurses were all very kind and compassionate and they brought a nice touch of humor to make me feel comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Milman at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
I believe throughout the 2 cycles and testing it was roughly $3500. Maybe more.
Lauren Milman
2015, Unknown Success
Dr. Budinetz is very caring, takes time to explain every test, procedure and medications that she wants you to start.
Felt like they were treating me as an individual not a number. Many of the nurses I had contact with [at Abington Reproductive] were great with the exception of one.
Dr. Business is very caring, takes time to explain every test, procedure and medications that she wants you to start. She makes sure that you understand everything and calls you back within a few hours of leaving a message for her.
Make sure you ask questions no question is silly or dumb.
Very kindly. Felt like they were treating me as an individual not a number.
Many of the nurses I had contact with were great with the exception of one.
Bethlehem

2014, Successful
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Jennifer and the other physicians and nurses in the practice really took the time to get to know my husband and myself... Nurses always called back immediately, and Dr. Nichols always answered emails promptly. No one ever made me feel rushed, and no one ever seemed annoyed or frustrated by my constant question-asking.
Dr. Nichols was a breath of fresh air after my previous fertility doctor...she was patient and kind, and she went out of her way to make my husband and me feel comfortable and to make sure that she was addressing all of our concerns. She responded to emails and calls quickly and comprehensively, and she never condescended to either of us. When my husband's and my identical twins were born a few weeks ago, Dr. NIchols was one of the first people we wanted to contact!
Don't assume that because she is a DO she is any less qualified than the MDs in her office...Dr. Nichols is extremely intelligent, deeply kind, and a joy to work with.
Jennifer and the other physicians and nurses in the practice really took the time to get to know my husband and myself. Before starting injections, for example, a nurse sat down with me for over two hours to ensure I felt comfortable mixing and administering all of the medications. Nurses always called back immediately, and Dr. Nichols always answered emails promptly. No one ever made me feel rushed, and no one ever seemed annoyed or frustrated by my constant question-asking.
The nurses made the clinic experience a positive one. Every single one of the nurses I met with were compassionate, sensitive, patient, and smart. They took the time to ensure I understood how to administer all injections, they called back within an hour or two when I had questions about anything, and they patiently worked with my schedule to ensure the timing of our cycle worked with my husband and myself.
The only issue I had was having to ask them two or three times to fax my records to my OB.
2013 - 2014, Successful
Never ever felt like a number. Dr. Lee and her staff always knew who we were and what the treatment plan would be from month to month...Dr. Lee was amazing from the time we met her. She was caring and always explained what we should expect. I always felt comfortable asking any questions I had and she never ever made me feel discouraged...My first few courses were femara, then femara with Gonal-F then Gonal-F. All with IUI and trigger injections. I did back to back IUI's my last few rounds. We resulted in a twin pregnancy my last cycle with Gonal-F, trigger injection and IUI. We had 2 heartbeats early on but lost a twin early. Dr. Lee was very compassionate.
The nursing team {at Abington Reproductive Medicine] was very knowledgeable and compassionate!...My first few courses were femara, then femara with Gonal-F then Gonal-F. All with IUI and trigger injections. I did back to back IUI's my last few rounds. We resulted in a twin pregnancy my last cycle with Gonal-F, trigger injection and IUI. We had 2 heartbeats early on but lost a twin early... staff always knew who we were and what the treatment plan would be from month to month.
Trust her and the process she puts in place.
The nursing team was very knowledgeable and compassionate!
I would suggest you trust the process. Don't second guess what the plan is. Dr. Lee is brilliant and knows her stuff! I know it's hard when you experience infertility but her main goal is to get you pregnant!
My insurance covered most of the costs.
2013 - 2014, Successful
All the nurses [at Abington Reproductive Group] were very competent, skilled and made me feel at ease that I was in good hands.... Dr Lee was a leader with her knowledge of what was available in this area. She always presented options and the pros/cons. She answered every question I had, was compassionate and very skilled at all the procedures she did for me. I would recommend her 110%
It took me awhile to have a child, but Dr. Lee always had a plan on how to get to the end goal.
Dr. Lee was wonderful! She took the time to answer all my questions, offered support through the entire process and always new what to do and try next!
All the nurses were very competent, skilled and made me feel at ease that I was in good hands.
2014, Successful
Dr. Lee and her staff [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] were amazing and were always welcoming and warm. They felt like part of the family!... Approximately 12,000 for IVF with ICSI.
Dr. Lee was always very warm and welcoming. She explained every detail of all procedures and diagnoses in understandable terms. She answered any and all questions. Dr. Lee was very knowledgeable and current in her practices. I always felt like she had a "sixth sense" as well! I would recommend her to anyone!
Go to her!!!!
Dr. Lee and her staff were amazing and were always welcoming and warm. They felt like part of the family!
IVF with ICSI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Annu Joseph)
Amazing!
Welcoming, informative, helpful.
Approximately 12,000 for IVF with ICSI.

2012 - 2013, Successful
He [Dr. Schinfeld] is a brilliant doctor who knows his information. He was nice but conversation seemed a little "scripted". I wish he would have given us more preparation for the chances of a failed IVF. He seemed SO positive we'd have good results (and we did on the second IVF), but weren't prepared that it could fail. We were naive. I felt under his care that many times the nurses ran the show and made decisions. I was new to the infertility crowd so didn't always realize that perhaps he reviewed my case more than I knew.
Mainly the billing department [Abington Reproductive Medicine] messed up and did not return calls. In general everyone at the clinic (billing, admin, nurses, doctors) could do a better job at realizing the financial and mental burden this carries and have better ways to equip patents...Because I was new, I wish someone would have explained better what to expect and how a typical cycle works. I learned as I went and this was difficult.
How was your experience with Jay Schinfeld at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
He is a brilliant doctor who knows his information. He was nice but conversation seemed a little "scripted". I wish he would have given us more preparation for the chances of a failed IVF. He seemed SO positive we'd have good results (and we did on the second IVF), but weren't prepared that it could fail. We were naive. I felt under his care that many times the nurses ran the show and made decisions. I was new to the infertility crowd so didn't always realize that perhaps he reviewed my case more than I knew. Because most appointments were with the nurses, I felt this way. I wish we had more appointments together or even periodic phone calls on progress. In the end he gave us a daughter so while we had issues, the result speaks for itself. For this I am forever grateful to him and his staff/fellow colleagues who also gave input. Last but not least, since I was "new", I wish he or someone would have given me the run down of IVF (i.e. what to expect). I learned on the fly by experience and wish I had knew what I was getting into (specifically the mental aspect of things).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jay Schinfeld at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Don't expect that you'll see him often. If you have questions that you feel he as the doctor should answer, don't hesitate to ask for HIM to call you back. Know that he has vast knowledge and you are in good hands if you expect results...however also know he may have inflated confidence and prepare yourself for disappointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jay Schinfeld at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
While he was very nice, it seemed slightly "scripted".
Describe the protocols Jay Schinfeld used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
It's been a long while but I did lower does of Gonal F and had good response. Somewhere I have detailed information on protocol I used. I think it was a pretty standard one though.
Because I was new, I wish someone would have explained better what to expect and how a typical cycle works. I learned as I went and this was difficult. They do this every day for a living but need to remember I have never experienced this before. They were however kind, informative and answered the questions I did ask.
Their billing department was a nightmare. Mistakes were made and phone calls not returned. The admin could be nicer and more compassionate. It would be nice to see the doctors a bit more on routine follow ups/monitoring vs usually a nurse. Their strengths are their doctors and their knowledge....the place could be ran a little better and communication better.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jay Schinfeld at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
We paid 100% out of pocket for IVF (two). Insurance covered most of the medications and the IUIs.
Describe Jay Schinfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
They recommended only 1 to 2 at a time.
Mainly the billing department messed up and did not return calls. In general everyone at the clinic (billing, admin, nurses, doctors) could do a better job at realizing the financial and mental burden this carries and have better ways to equip patents.
Jay Schinfeld

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
On the day of my pregnancy test I waited in the waiting room [at Toll Center for Reproductive Sciences] for an hour before they took my blood. Then they didn't call me until after 5:00 PM with the results when they said I would get a call early that afternoon.
Up until my IVF cycle I liked Dr Sobel. Little did I know that I won't see him at all during the cycle itself. He was not the Dr who did my retrieval or transfer. I felt that Dr Sobel was a good sales person and offered an overwhelming amount of hope for a positive outcome. I passed Dr Sobel a few times in the hallways of the office when I was in for monitoring appoints and he didn't even say Hi to me. It was not the experience I was hoping for and it completely turned me off for doing another round of IVF.
Don't go there....after comaring notes with the girls in my support group there are better Dr's in the area.
There was only one nurse in the practice that knew my name or who showed any kind of empathly for what I was going threw. On the day of my pregnancy test I waited in the waiting room for an hour before they took my blood. Then they didn't call me until after 5:00 PM with the results when they said I would get a call early that afternoon.
The one nurse at the Paoli office was super nice. The rest all blend together.
When my OBGYN requested to get a copy of my charts from Abington Reproductive, they received not only a copy of my chart but a few pages from another patient as well.
Michael Sobel

2008 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Barnard was my favorite doctor at Abington. He was always compassionate and spent time with me answering every question I had. Dr. Barmat even called me after my miscarriage to explain what had been wrong with the baby....My very first cycle was not successful. So for the second, they did ICSI in case the shell of my eggs was too hard. That cycle resulted in my daughter. When we went back for baby #2, they had switched from injectable progesterone to progesterone suppositories. Because I responded better to the shots, we switched back to that.
One of their top benefits is the number of satellite offices meaning you don’t have to drive to Abington for every appointment. All staff is very experienced and interact with couples all day. They know how hard the process is and are always compassionate and respectful....i never had a negative experience with any of the staff at Abington....Dr. Barnard was my favorite doctor at Abington. He was always compassionate and spent time with me answering every question I had.
How was your experience with Larry Barmat at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Larry Barmat at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
He is so very smart. Trust in him that he wants you to be successful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Larry Barmat at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Always compassionate and answered all questions.
Describe the protocols Larry Barmat used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
i never had a negative experience with any of the staff at Abington.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Larry Barmat at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
I was extremely lucky. My insurance covered my treatments.
Larry Barmat
2011 - 2013, Unsuccessful
IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Somkuti always made time to answer all my questions. Appointments never felt rushed and never felt like he had more important things to do....With fertility treatments, there is no guarantee a pregnancy will result. However, all the drs are extremely positive. Dr. Somkuti would take the time at each ultrasound and explain the procedure, answer questions, and explain my chances....Every cycle besides my first, I had ICSI done.
Their primary strength [of Abington Reproductive Medicine] would have to be the number of locations they now have. I had to drive into Abington every day but now they have satellite offices in many cities. That is huge to someone from out of town and who has to work. The only downside would be then that all retrievals must be done at the main office....The nursing staff soon knows you by name and are also friendly and helpful....The costs were comparable to other clinics.
How was your experience with Stephen Somkuti at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Somkuti at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Ask questions if you have questions. Don’t be afraid to speak up. Fertility is expensive and they expect to have questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Somkuti at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Describe the protocols Stephen Somkuti used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
Every cycle besides my first, I had ICSI done.
With multiple appointments each week, you get to know all staff. The nursing staff soon knows you by name and are also friendly and helpful. I like to understand everything that is happening and the nurses and drs made time to answer any question I had.
Their primary strength would have to be the number of locations they now have. I had to drive into Abington every day but now they have satellite offices in many cities. That is huge to someone from out of town and who has to work. The only downside would be then that all retrievals must be done at the main office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Somkuti at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
The costs were comparable to other clinics.
Stephen Somkuti
2010 - 2011, Successful
She [Dr. Nichols] treated my a real person. She was honest and blunt but caring. I felt almost more like I was speaking with a friend than a physician. She was not condescending and I never felt like she pittied me. She was knowledgeable and I felt confident in her care...Of all the doctors that i saw at the clinic Dr. Nichols was by far my favorite. I felt the most comfortable in her care and I felt like she knew me the best. I felt like she truly cared about me...
It is a large clinic [Abington Repro - Toll- Ldale] with multiple doctors. The only downside to the clinic is that you never know who will be doing you procedure and it is a bit of luck of the draw but it is understandable with such unpredictable procedure time lines and so many patients...
Don't give up
She treated my a real person. She was honest and blunt but caring. I felt almost more like I was speaking with a friend than a physician. She was not condescending and I never felt like she pittied me. She was knowledgeable and I felt confident in her care.
The nurses were all very friendly and knew me well (since I was at the clinic A LOT). I definitely developed a relationship with them. They were always very professional and caring.
It is a large clinic with multiple doctors. The only downside to the clinic is that you never know who will be doing you procedure and it is a bit of luck of the draw but it is understandable with such unpredictable procedure time lines and so many patients.
Jennifer Nichols

Dr. Nichols always took the time to answer my endless questions, she even called me after hours to ensure I had answers to my questions...I did not love that I never personally saw Dr. Nichols, I was assigned to her when my previous doctor retired, and [she] did not come to my office...for my first two cycles I used letrozole, which gave average follicle growth. We also used HCG Trigger. For my third cycle we used Clomid, starting cycle day 5, as well as an HCG trigger
[the Sincera Reproductive nurses] always are prompt in replying my email questions as well as calling me back. I felt the nurses all provided me with excellent information and were always kind...Transferring my records from another practice was a very disorganized and complicated process that took several weeks...We are looking into IVF financing, because we do not have insurance coverage. IVF packages start at $12,000
I do like Dr. Nichols and appreciate her patience and the time she took to go over things with me. I did not love that I never personally saw Dr. Nichols, I was assigned to her when my previous doctor retired, and Dr. Nichols did not come to my office.
Dr. Nichols is mostly at the Langhorne office.
I cannot say I know the names of the protocols that were used, but for my first two cycles I used letrozole, which gave average follicle growth. We also used HCG Trigger. For my third cycle we used Clomid, starting cycle day 5, as well as an HCG trigger. Not remarkable follicle growth.
The nurses are wonderful. They always are prompt in replying my email questions as well as calling me back. I felt the nurses all provided me with excellent information and were always kind.
I enjoyed the clinic and the staff. I feel that the office overall could have been more organized. Transferring my records from another practice was a very disorganized and complicated process that took several weeks.
IUI treatment costs covered by insurance, paid co-pays. We are looking into IVF financing, because we do not have insurance coverage. IVF packages start at $12,000
How competent was Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) at LGBTQ care?
I do not feel like it was acknowledged or ever mentioned. I felt fine, but not like I received information for my specific circumstances.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Using a 3rd party donor went well. They had a process for receiving the shipments and confirming.