6.8

Wilkes Barre (closed)
150 Mundy Street MAC Bldg
Wilkes Barre, PA 18702
215.887.2010

Dr. Nichols is very nice and very sympathetic, but I rarely saw or spoke to her. I felt like I was dealing with everything on my own. She was not available to speak to on a regular basis, or to ask questions...I went in for baseline bloodwork multiple times, a few ultrasounds, a biopsy, a test on my uterus and another test on my Fallopian tubes. My tests were inconclusive and I did not conceive...I am very upset and not sure what to expect going forward.
It's very difficult to get in touch with anyone at this office [Abington Reproductive Medicine], especially the doctors...There is only one nurse at this location who is friendly, helpful, and sympathetic, and her name is Maria. The rest of the staff are abrupt, unsympathetic, rude, very difficult to talk to and ask questions about procedures, and expect you to rearrange your schedule on 1 day notice...They rush you in and out, there's no one to ask about what happens next or why I am having to give blood again. It just feels like no one cares about you or your struggles.
How was your experience with Jennifer Nichols at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Dr. Nichols is very nice and very sympathetic, but I rarely saw or spoke to her. I felt like I was dealing with everything on my own. She was not available to speak to on a regular basis, or to ask questions. It's very difficult to get in touch with anyone at this office, especially the doctors.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Nichols at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Get a second opinion before you proceed
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Nichols at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Dr. Nichols is very nice, very sympathetic.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Nichols used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
The first appointment is very upsetting because a lot of information was thrown at me. It was difficult to digest. Everything is also on an extremely rigid timeline because everything is done within your cycle. This is briefly mentioned, but the ups and downs are not explained in depth. I went in for baseline bloodwork multiple times, a few ultrasounds, a biopsy, a test on my uterus and another test on my Fallopian tubes. My tests were inconclusive and I did not conceive.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Describe your experience with Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
I can't speak to the strengths because I have no experience with another reproduction clinic, but I will say that you are treated as a random number, the receptionist (at Langhorne) is rude, unprepared, has no answers ever, and eats at her desk constantly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Nichols at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
$70 copay every time, in addition to medication costs (shot for ovulation, clomid, antibiotic)
Describe Jennifer Nichols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
I am still seeing Dr. Nichols, but so far, I am very upset and not sure what to expect going forward.
What specific things went wrong at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Langhorne
We were planning on doing medicated IUIs with Chlomid [with Dr. Sobel] until that stopped working for my body, so we switched to letrozole which seems to be working. We have done this for three IUIs and plan on doing one more then we will meet again and talk about future strategies of number four is not successful...Only saw Dr. Sobel once through my 3 IUIs...He has very kind and caring bedside manor. His team works together to accomplish his goals. He calls mid cycle to let you know your blood results, and his team works hard to make sure you feel comfortable during procedures.
Sarah [nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine] is amazing, she keeps us informed and comfortable at all times...About $1,000 per [IUI] cycle plus additional costs for medications and proceedures...I think they do a great job with anonymity. Their waiting room is what you would expect. The clinic itself is basically a basement but they have it brightened up. They are kind and want the best for you...We were planning on doing medicated IUIs with Chlomid until that stopped working for my body, so we switched to letrozole which seems to be working. We have done this for three IUIs and plan on doing one more then we will meet again and talk about future strategies of number four is not successful.
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Make sure you know what the expectations are moving forward and be sure you are on the same page, they want to make sure you are comfortable with your treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Only saw Dr. Sobel once through my 3 IUIs, his PA Sarah is amazing and his nurse Robin is nice but treats you like a number.
Describe the protocols Michael Sobel used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Sarah Tangert PA)
Sarah is amazing, she keeps us informed and comfortable at all times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
About $1,000 per cycle plus additional costs for medications and proceedures.
Lancaster

Dr. Nichols was supportive and compassionate. She oversaw my testing and I got pregnant on my first IUI try. She then preformed weekly ultrasounds until I graduated at 10 weeks. She was good about explaining what was on the screen and answering any questions I had about what to expect...My uterine lining got thin so they decided I should start taking baby aspirin and use Letrozole instead of Clomid for the IUI.
[Nurses at Abington were] Very warm and compassionate...I had a very positive experience overall. No issues with nurses, doctors or scheduling. They have multiple offices which is nice because they cover a lot of locations. My IUI itself was done at Abington Hospital...Dr. Nichols was supportive and compassionate. She oversaw my testing and I got pregnant on my first IUI try. She then preformed weekly ultrasounds until I graduated at 10 weeks. She was good about explaining what was on the screen and answering any questions I had about what to expect.
I feel that you can trust her and she understands what you are going through.
Dr Nichols was kind, caring and compassionate. I was actually sad to leave the practice when I graduated at 10 weeks.
I did one month of testing before getting the IUI the following month. The testing started with baseline blood work and an ultrasound. They said my uterus and ovaries looked good. I had 5 follicles on one side and 7 on the other. I started taking CoQ10 & Vitamin D at that time. I then did the Clomid Challenge. I had a saline hysterosalpingogram (HSG) to evaluate my fallopian tubes and the shape of my uterus. I had a saline sonogram to evaluate the inside of the uterine cavity for polyps, fibroids, and/or scar tissue and I also got an endometrial biopsy of my uterine lining and a blood test for FSH. Finally I got another ultrasound and blood work to test my ovulation in response to the clomid. My uterine lining got thin so they decided I should start taking baby aspirin and use Letrozole instead of Clomid for the IUI. I also had 2 matured follicles which was a little nerve-wracking because I didn't want twins. The next month I took the letrozole instead and when I went in for my ultrasound my follicle matured and I was ready. I got my Ovadrel shot to induce ovulation and set my IUI for the next day. It worked and I got pregnant on the first try.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Very warm and compassionate
I believe the testing cycle was $1000 and the insemination was $215.
Langhorne

I feel that Tara [Dr. Budinetz] was "real" and not just giving me doctor language and saying things I didn't understand. She actually explained things in a way that made sense and felt my frustration with things that haven't worked. She was compassionate and honest with me.... She gave me a realistic timeline for how long we should try each step before moving on to the next step.... I started on Clomid and my body went crazy. My uterine lining was a 2 and my egg count was 6-8.
I was referred by a friend to Abington Fertility and would refer others....One strength is that they are flexible with scheduling which was a huge thing for me since I am a teacher and really can really only have early morning appointments and at an office close to me. The staff has been great to work with, informative and caring.... When you call for a nurse you always have to leave a message and then need to wait for someone to call back which used to be always when I couldn't take a call.
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
I feel that Tara was "real" and not just giving me doctor language and saying things I didn't understand. She actually explained things in a way that made sense and felt my frustration with things that haven't worked. She was compassionate and honest with me. She could feel my frustration and expressed her frustration for me and gave me hug and encouragement. She gave me a realistic timeline for how long we should try each step before moving on to the next step. The only frustrating piece of the process is that I have seen multiple doctors at Abington so sometimes I'm not exactly sure who my point person is, but I ask for Dr. Budinetz when possible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. You will get an honest answer and Dr. Budinetz has no problem explaining something multiple times until you get it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
The doctors at Abington Fertility have been informative and have answered my questions. When I've asked them to help me evaluate options I felt they really took in what my thought was and also gave me an honest answer on their thoughts. A lot of the nurses that I've seen have remembered personal things about me that I've talked about (my job, my husband being away for work, etc.) which made me feel like they were actually taking an interest in me.
Describe the protocols Tara Budinetz used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
I started on Clomid and my body went crazy. My uterine lining was a 2 and my egg count was 6-8. The doctors would not let us try that cycle due to the dangers the cycle could cause me or a baby/babies. My 2nd and 3rd cycle was letrozle (50mg) and 1 IUI each time. My uterine lining and ovaries reacted well, but I didn't get pregnant. My 4th cycle was with Follistim injections (started at 75 units dropped to 50 units) and 1 IUI each time. Again my uterine lining and ovaries responded, but we didn't have any success getting pregnant. My 5th cycle was Follistim injections (50 units) and 2 IUIs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Anu & Sue)
I've seen Sue and Anu at the Abington office and they have been wonderful. They answered a lot of the questions I had and continue to have. They have been supportive through this process which can be overwhelming. They provided me with my blood results after every appointment and informed me of my uterine lining and egg/follicle count through every ultra sound. They also explain to me what the numbers actually mean. They had all my instructions written out for me for every cycle and provided me with YouTube links to review how to give injections when I had to start injectable cycles.
I was referred by a friend to Abington Fertility and would refer others. Unfortunately things haven't happened as quickly as I hoped they would, but I do feel that the clinic is doing what they can. One strength is that they are flexible with scheduling which was a huge thing for me since I am a teacher and really can really only have early morning appointments and at an office close to me. The staff has been great to work with, informative and caring. I haven't had anyone yet that I didn't like and I feel like I've seen a lot of nurses/doctors. I feel like they are organized and do a good job at knowing what's going on with you when they come in to the room and can quickly see your history so that you don't have to explain your previous cycles every time you have a new person with you. When you call for a nurse you always have to leave a message and then need to wait for someone to call back which used to be always when I couldn't take a call. I've now started leaving times to call me back which has definitely helped that problem and they return calls within that day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
We have already spent $7,000 (testing, 4 cycle fees, 5 IUIs, medications) and that does not include any IVF costs.
Describe Tara Budinetz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Dr. Lee at Abington is who I met with for the IVF consultation and she said they would transfer 1 embryo
Lansdale

Dr. Barmat is very direct but very honest and upfront. He genuinely cares but will not waste your time on things he does not feel are necessary or that will not work. I've always felt like he had my best interest and truly cared.... Testosterone protocols, which allowed for the follicles to start around the same time. I often experienced issues where one follicle would take off in size and this protocol has brought me the most success with number of eggs retrieved.
Billing [Abington Reproductive Med] lacks on communication and responsiveness. A great group of doctors, however they all have different approaches or suggestions which at times is conflicting and confusing.... Overall the nurses are great. There are a few that I felt had attitude in their tone. I do understand the job is demanding but as infertility patients we are extremely vulnerable. I do not think any were lacking knowledge or assistance but some were definitely more friendly and more compassionate then others.
How was your experience with Larry Barmat at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Very smart, looks at your best interest and never seems about the money. Listens and provides honest feedback. Supports thoughts and ideas but also only within reason. Goes through all options, discussed experimental ideas but then advises if not necessary for your current situation. Compassionate but not too emotional.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Larry Barmat at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
His empathy can appear dry.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Larry Barmat at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Describe the protocols Larry Barmat used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
Billing lacks on communication and responsiveness. A great group of doctors, however they all have different approaches or suggestions which at times is conflicting and confusing. Nurses are thorough and responsive. Biggest negative is billing area.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Larry Barmat at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Cost were in range with other facilities and average cost in general.
Describe Larry Barmat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Typically, I was allowed to transfer 2. They always explained everything in full detail.
My blood draw was never sent out which caused delays in results. Was also missed in a call back once.
Larry Barmat
Langhorne

The locations [Abington Reproductive Med] are fairly convenient which is very helpful during monitoring. There’s one front desk receptionist who isn’t welcoming, but other support staff has always been friendly and kind. Rates seem competitive and there is a lot of experience with the team of doctors but I don’t like working with various doctors during the same cycle.... I was told two different things by two different doctors, and then the first doctor reprimanded me for listening to the other doctor
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
At first I wasn’t impressed with Dr Lee. She was telling me to lose weight in our early visits, like that was the cause of all problems. Unlikely. I took a break of about 4 months after some IUI failures to give myself some mental health time. In those months, I did lose some weight and improved my overall health. When I returned to Dr Lee, she seemed thrilled by this and her whole attititude was different. I guess I had to “prove” that I really wanted this? But still, several failed cycles thereafter. I am currently considering IVF and may return to Dr Lee as long as she is my primary doctor. Unfortunately, you sometimes see the doctor on duty and I had an unpleasant experience with another doc there who was overly aggressive. But I did seem to connect with Dr Lee.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Annette Lee at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Be aware that she is blunt but there is kindness underneath. She has been doing this a long time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Annette Lee at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
At first, I found Dr Lee cold and wasn’t too thrilled to be working with her. After I improved some health concerns though, her demeanor seemed to improve and she was easier to get along with.
Describe the protocols Annette Lee used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
IUI with Letrozole and HCG trigger. This protocol was used several times with the same negative results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Sue Seybert)
Sue was a big reason I stayed at the practice even with negative results. I came to see her as motherly and trusted her experiences.
I don’t hear a lot of success stories from people at this clinic but I think they’re a smaller scale than some of the other clinics around here. The locations are fairly convenient which is very helpful during monitoring. There’s one front desk receptionist who isn’t welcoming, but other support staff has always been friendly and kind. Rates seem competitive and there is a lot of experience with the team of doctors but I don’t like working with various doctors during the same cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Annette Lee at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
The majority of my care was covered under insurance but I was running out of my lifetime max bucket of infertility benefits, and fresh IVF out of pocket would have been close to $20 after meds and monitoring. IUI procedure itself was surprisingly inexpensive, it’s all the monitoring and ultrasounds that are expensive.
Describe Annette Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Dr Lee clearly supported single embryo transfer for health of mother and baby.
I was told two different things by two different doctors, and then the first doctor reprimanded me for listening to the other doctor and undermined their colleague. Unacceptable.
Lansdale

Did not see Dr. Lee much, only at one visit (procedure to see if Fallopian tubes are blocked-which thankfully they weren’t). Other than that, I have seen every nurse, NP, and PA of the practice (who are still good but wish I could see the same provider every visit so I could develop a relationship and consistency.)... Dr. Lee seems to be a very friendly provider who is extremely knowledgeable in regards to fertility. Although she has won many awards and has a great track record, there is only one of her.
Strengths: Organized and staff [Abington Reproductive Med] is friendly. Office runs smoothly and you will always receive a phone call back if you call and leave a message on the nurses line. Weaknesses: Lansdale office is not open on weekends. Have to go to main abington.... All the nurses are great! They will become your best friend. After all the invasive poking, pricking, prying, you eventually become immune to it.
Dr. Lee seems to be a very friendly provider who is extremely knowledgeable in regards to fertility. Although she has won many awards and has a great track record, there is only one of her. So far, through 3 fertility cycles I have only seen her once in person (and only received one phone call from her) even though I am in the office at least once a week. The rest of the visits were her colleagues. She has a pretty great reputation and my husband and I are excited for the future and can’t wait to start the next chapter of our lives when we conceive a bundle of joy!
Don’t have high expectations of seeing her particularly in person. Her colleagues may take over but they are all pretty good and I believe they consult each other in regards to individualized treatment plans.
After baseline testing (HSG, bloodwork, genetic testing, etc.) Clomid start 100mg. Letrozole 10mg. Depending on bloodwork/infertility diagnosis they will decide which oral Med to start with. After a couple failed oral med cycles they will highly recommend iui cycles, depending on the diagnosis. Injections are a possibility for the future.
All the nurses are great! They will become your best friend. After all the invasive poking, pricking, prying, you eventually become immune to it. They are the ones who keep you motivated for the end result!!
Strengths: Organized and staff is friendly. Office runs smoothly and you will always receive a phone call back if you call and leave a message on the nurses line. Weaknesses: Lansdale office is not open on weekends. Have to go to main abington.
Depends on your own insurance and what they cover. Personally my office visits were $50 each. Baseline testing was covered through insurance.
Do not have any experience with this yet.
Lansdale
We only say Dr. Sobel 2 times during our cucle- first to confirm our pregnancy, and to do my D & C after miscarriage...He is very clinical, but also very knowledgeable...I only did he Clomid challenge so far. Surprisingly my body responded well and I became pregnant the first try. I lost the baby at 7 1/2 weeks. We will be trying Clomid with IUI next...I was not given any advise or guidance after my miscarriage and had to contact my OBGYN to find a therapist that deals with infertility and loss of pregnancy on my own.
[The nurses at Abington Reproductive were] Not very compassionate or sensitive. I was told to prepare to miscarry at each appointment and given no additional information or support. I left each appointment in tears and anxious...I was told I would be given my HCG and hormone levels after each blood draw. I had to cal multiple times to receive my results. I was told by one nurse that my estrogen levels were low, and the doctor said they were fine. A lot of unneeded stress and confusion were the result of the miscommunications.
He is very clinical, but also very knowledgeable. Fertility is such an emotional and complicated process, but it is difficult to have a doctor that is real and compassionate at the same time. We only say Dr. Sobel 2 times during our cucle- first to confirm our pregnancy, and to do my D & C after miscarriage.
Be prepared to be told negative information at each appointment. The staff will share all information regardless of your emotional state. I was not given any advise or guidance after my miscarriage and had to contact my OBGYN to find a therapist that deals with infertility and loss of pregnancy on my own.
Since we were new we were always being reintroduced to the same staff. Hopefully over time they will recognize us and make us feel more welcome.
They are very flexiable and allowed me to be seen by multiple doctors and at all locations. There was some miscommunication between all of the locations, but they were able to accommodate to my schedule.
My first cycle was covered under insurance, but moving forward will be out of pocket. Each IUI will cost $1400 a month.
Describe Michael Sobel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Lancaster
I honestly do not believe Dr. Budinetz has a weakness. She is thoughtful and kind. She is very thorough and honest. Whenever my husband and I feel negatively about our situation, she will sit and talk us through everything, weighing all of our options. We don't ever feel as though we are bothering her. I really could not ask for a better fertility specialist.... Dr. Budinetz did a couple of procedures checking my tubes, uterine lining, etc. Everything came out normal. My uterine lining does seem to have trouble becoming thick, so she has me take a baby aspirin, daily. Our last round of iui, instead of using clomid, she had me take a different hormone
As soon as you walk in, it is just a very welcoming atmosphere. You feel like you are their top priority. They [Abington Reproductive Med] answer any and all questions. You never feel rushed and they always return phone calls and emails, promptly. I honestly do not have a negative thing to say.... Dr. Budinetz and her staff are absolutely amazing! I feel as though they are my best friends, because of the strong shoulder they always offer us, to lean on.
She is very honest, but lovable. She will not force you to have expensive, unnecessary testing.
Dr. Budinetz and her staff are absolutely amazing! I feel as though they are my best friends, because of the strong shoulder they always offer us, to lean on. They answer questions, always so promptly and will talk with you all day, until you are absolutely sure, you understand. Dr. Budinetz always gives me a hug and let's me cry it out, if needed. When recommending them to others, I always say, "If and when we get pregnant, I will miss Dr. Budinetz and her staff". How could I not? You immediately feel welcomed, once you walk into the office.
Dr. Budinetz did a couple of procedures checking my tubes, uterine lining, etc. Everything came out normal. My uterine lining does seem to have trouble becoming thick, so she has me take a baby aspirin, daily. Our last round of iui, instead of using clomid, she had me take a different hormone (which I cannot remember for the life of me, the name of it) to also help thicken my uterine lining. Both this hormone and the baby aspirin have helped.
Just like Dr. Budinetz, the nursing staff is extremely warm and welcoming. They show compassion and are just wonderful at what they do. One of them actually was emailing with me, back and forth, on a Friday evening, because I was nervous about my trigger shot. I couldn't ask for anything more, from them.
As soon as you walk in, it is just a very welcoming atmosphere. You feel like you are their top priority. They answer any and all questions. You never feel rushed and they always return phone calls and emails, promptly. I honestly do not have a negative thing to say.
I really cannot remember.
Bethlehem
She [Dr. Annette Lee] doesn't show as much "warm and fuzzy" emotion as some other doctors, but that does not mean she is not 100% committed to your case. We brought up a concern we had early on, and she fully took in the concern instead of being defensive...She is objective, detail oriented, and has ample knowledge about research on different options...She tailored our protocol to best fit our fertility hurdles and our concerns. We did 1 round of IUI and then jumped to IVF to speed up the process-our decision, we were not pressured to do so.
There were a few times discharge instructions [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] did not match with what the doctor had talked about. We caught the differences and brought up our concerns. They were resolved and handled in a professional manner...The PA's- Annu and Sarah are extremely friendly, caring, and dedicated to your case. We really appreciated all of the staff members...I would recommend double checking what the doctor says and what she says to make sure it is the same. There were a few times when she would tell us something different, because we were on a different protocol than most, so the discharge instructions were often different than the regular template. She is compassionate and caring. She helped give me the IM injections a few times when my husband was out of town and we really appreciated that. Thank you!
Dr. Lee is extremely knowledgable, committed, she will give you straight unbiased answers to questions you have about different options, and she manages all her cases closely. I felt confident in the treatment plan made for us. She spent ample time during a few meetings in her office discussing all of the options-pros and cons. I knew she was the perfect fit for the doctor we needed on our case.
She doesn't show as much "warm and fuzzy" emotion as some other doctors, but that does not mean she is not 100% committed to your case. We brought up a concern we had early on, and she fully took in the concern instead of being defensive. She reassured us and took us step-by-step through what we would go through. I appreciated her honesty and I knew then she really does care, she just shows it differently than other people who may have a very bubbly personality. She is objective, detail oriented, and has ample knowledge about research on different options. I loved how she did not push Clomid for us when we discussed concerns, we used Letrozole instead. She will work with you instead of giving a cookie-cutter plan. She really does care!
We spoke with Dr. Lee about certain concerns with medications used for fertility. She tailored our protocol to best fit our fertility hurdles and our concerns. We did 1 round of IUI and then jumped to IVF to speed up the process-our decision, we were not pressured to do so.
We used Letrozole instead of Clomid because we were concerned about the rate of twins with Clomid. For IVF I believe it was the GnRH antagonist protocol? We chose this because of PCOS and we wanted to prevent ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Sue)
Sue is very friendly and works hard. I would recommend double checking what the doctor says and what she says to make sure it is the same. There were a few times when she would tell us something different, because we were on a different protocol than most, so the discharge instructions were often different than the regular template. She is compassionate and caring. She helped give me the IM injections a few times when my husband was out of town and we really appreciated that. Thank you!
The PA's- Annu and Sarah are extremely friendly, caring, and dedicated to your case. We really appreciated all of the staff members. The phlebotomists are professionals!!! I was getting blood drawn 1-3 times a week, one of my arms has really crappy vessels so they mostly drew on the same arm all the time and almost always got it on the first stick. I was primarily at the Lansdale office but sometimes we would go to Abington. The lady who did the IUI was very nice and I felt comfortable during the procedure. We saw a few other doctors there on days I went when Dr. Lee wasn't working and they are great. The biggest strength I believe is the staff and their support with you through the process which is both mentally and physically demanding. Dr. Barmat and the surgery staff were excellent during my egg retrieval. I was nervous but everything went smoothly and it ended up being the easiest part of the whole process. The only weakness is to make sure that the discharge instructions (on the typed paper sent home with you) matches up with what the doctor discussed. There were a few times when a different drug was listed or different timing. I think this was only because our protocol was slightly different that the one used most often. We brought our concerns up with Dr. Lee and she handled the discussion extremely well, very professional, and told us how she was going to improve communication with the staff. Overall, we're extremely happy we used Dr. Lee at Abington Reproductive (Now called Sincera). I definitely recommend her and her staff for fertility treatment. Thank you to all their staff!
Insurance covered most
We discussed this in depth and due to it being our first attempt, young 30s, higher risks of pregnancy and twin delivery we chose single embryo transfer.
There were a few times discharge instructions did not match with what the doctor had talked about. We caught the differences and brought up our concerns. They were resolved and handled in a professional manner.
Lansdale

[Dr. Larry Barmat is a] Great doctor, very knowledgeable. Amazing bedside manner and treated you like a real person. Brought humor to the situation when all you wanted to do was cry. Very patient and kind. We are very lucky to have him as our doctor.... We started with clomid which did not work and then moved on to another pill. That made me ovulate but it did not work again so we switched to the injectibles. None produced a full term pregnancy
I couldn’t love the staff at Abington more. They are beyond compassionate and friendly. They really make you feel like they are the only one they are caring for... Morning hours are def a strength, the only weakness is that you have to pay to park. The friendly staff, down to even the receptionist and billing people. If they say they will return your call that day, they always do. You never sit and wait for your appts, they are very timely.
Listen to what he says even though you may not want to hear it. He’s the expierenced one.
Very down to earth and listened to every question you had. Made you laugh at times when you wanted to cry
Out of pocket we have spent close to $4000 so far the rest was covered by insurance. IVF will cost around $17,000 which is completely out of pocket
Larry Barmat
Abington
She answered all my questions during the consultation. She also performed the HSG test in the office for me. Other than that I always saw the nurses. I am a single mom by choice, so I didn't necessarily have fertility issues that needed Dr. Lee's attention...She is very to the point and matter of fact, but she will take the time to answer any of your questions/concerns. She is very thorough...Before starting, we took a baseline ultrasound and blood work. I also had a hysteroscopy and HSG performed. We monitored the cycle closely. I took prenatals, CoQ10, and vitamin D3. I used a trigger shot the day before IUI. A few days after IUI I used progesterone suppositories.
I dealt with the nurses 99% of the time [at Abington Reproductive Medicine]. Annu was always wonderful, as was Sue...There are a lot of locations so it can be difficult to talk to a specific office. The IUI has to be done at the main clinic in Abington because that's where they store the sperm. So that is a longer drive depending on which office you normally use, plus it's a different staff. The good side to all the locations is there was one very close to my house which made all the appointments less of a hassle.
I dealt with the nurses 99% of the time. Annu was always wonderful, as was Sue.
Lansdale
She [Dr. Budinetz] was honest and treated my partner and I with respect at all times. She was fantastic. ... She explained everything simply so there were no misunderstandings. She did not hype us up either to where we expected results right away. She also did not push treatments that we did not feel comfortable with. ... She is super knowledgeable and wants the best for her patients.
They [Abington Repro] had great hours I could usually get to before work. They were easy to work with and overall just a great feel to the office at such a stressful time. I recommend this office and dr to everyone I know who suspects they may need help getting pregnant ... The whole office was amazing. From the front desk to the PA, they were all so understanding and compassionate
Have an open mind and follow everything that she tells you to do. She is super knowledgeable and wants the best for her patients.
She was honest and treated my partner and I with respect at all times. She was fantastic.
I tried clomid with my OBGYN, and then letrozole with a trigger shot. I had blood work and ultrasounds to monitor follicle growth and hormones. then I did injectable medications followed with IUI each cycle.
They had great hours I could usually get to before work. They were easy to work with and overall just a great feel to the office at such a stressful time. I recommend this office and dr to everyone I know who suspects they may need help getting pregnant
Most was covered by my insurance, we had to pay out of pocket for the medications.

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
I liked her [Dr. Jennifer Nichols]...she was encouraging and I do believe that she cared for my case. Was responsive when I needed help and generally got back to me quickly...I think she thought I was going to be successful even thought I wasn’t.
[Abington Reproductive Medicine- Abington was] Very large. Sometimes difficult to get appts. Front desk staff good as was finincial coordinator. Several doctors and I think they all review cases. Hard to tell if that was done. I would have liked more specific information about each step. I need a lot of info...They [nurses] were generally good. Just a lot of them
I liked her she was encouraging and I do believe that she cared for my case. Was responsive when I needed help and generally got back to me quickly I think she thought I was going to be successful even thought I wasn’t.
She’s very kind
They were generally good. Just a lot of them

2013 - 2017, Successful
IVF was 10000 [at Abington Reproductive Group] Not including medications. However Dr Lee provided me with donated gonal f to reduce costs which was appreciated.... he first treatment was to correct some abnormalities in my uterus. Then we tried IUI using Clomid and gonal f. I developed cysts from the Clomid so the next cycle of IUI we used femara and gonal f. We tried one more cycle of IUI with this protocol. Dr Lee had advised us prior to the IUI's that since she had diagnosed me with diminished ovarian reserve it was unlikely the IUI would work but we wanted to try anyway and she agreed. However she said after 3 failed IUI's, IVF would be our best option. We moved onto IVF and I stimmed with femara, gonal f, ganirelix. We retrieved 9 eggs, 5 fertilized, 4 day 5 blastocysts. We transferred 2 embryos and had healthy full term twins in May 2016.
Upon having my first consultation with Dr Lee, I felt like I was in great hands. She is extremely knowledgeable in her field, and she took the time to explain the entire process and what type of testing we would undergo to determine the cause of our infertility. She was always up front and honest, and did not sugar coat anything which I like. She uncovered a few problems and performed a couple of procedures to remedy them prior to any treatments. I am very grateful to Dr Lee for providing me with next steps when certain procedures didn't work. We did what she recommended and now have beautiful boy/ girl twins after 4 years of trying to conceive.
Be ready to take in all of the information she will provide you, and trust in her recommendations.
Dr Lee took great care to thoroughly explain the entire process to me and provided me with all the information needed.
The first treatment was to correct some abnormalities in my uterus. Then we tried IUI using Clomid and gonal f. I developed cysts from the Clomid so the next cycle of IUI we used femara and gonal f. We tried one more cycle of IUI with this protocol. Dr Lee had advised us prior to the IUI's that since she had diagnosed me with diminished ovarian reserve it was unlikely the IUI would work but we wanted to try anyway and she agreed. However she said after 3 failed IUI's, IVF would be our best option. We moved onto IVF and I stimmed with femara, gonal f, ganirelix. We retrieved 9 eggs, 5 fertilized, 4 day 5 blastocysts. We transferred 2 embryos and had healthy full term twins in May 2016.
IVF was 10000. Not including medications. However Dr Lee provided me with donated gonal f to reduce costs which was appreciated.
Dr Lee advised me on eSET and explained since I was 34 at egg retrieval, I may have success with one embryo transferred. But due to financial costs for any future transfers we decided to transfer 2.

2012 - 2017, Successful
The first and only cycle that we completed (resulting in our twins) was done as reciprocal IVF using my partner's eggs, anonymous donor sperm, and with myself serving as the gestational carrier. .... First, we were both put on oral birth control pills for about a month to sync our cycles. Next, I was put on estrogen patches to build my uterine lining, and she was simultaneously put on an injectable medication to hyperstimulate her ovaries to produce multiple eggs. Then, I was put on Lupron to stop my ovulation, and when she was ready to ovulate, she was given Lupron and hCG to time everything for the egg retrieval procedure. She had the egg retrieval performed and the eggs were fertilized with our anonymous donor sperm, resulting in 9 fertilized embryos at day 5
Our experience with Dr. Lee was wonderful. A few years ago, she was our doctor for the reciprocal IVF cycle that resulted in our healthy twin girls. We were always extremely impressed with her high level of professionalism at every visit. I had a lot of anxiety surrounding my ideas about treatment, and she helped ease my fears by answering my questions and explaining details. She is incredibly knowledgeable and it is clear that she has a great passion for her work; she is always sharing the latest scientific research with her patients. On a personal level, she is very kind and always put us at ease with her well-timed humor and seemingly endless patience. She has changed practices since she helped us conceive our twins a few years ago, but we will be following her to her new practice this year when we try for another child. Oh, and for a while we were unsure that we could handle more kids, but she convinced us with her hilarious anecdotes about raising five(!) children herself, reassuring us that after the first kid, "it's just one more sandwich to make!"
Seeing Dr. Lee for our fertility journey was one of the best choices I've ever made! If you choose her as your provider, come with an open mind and know that you can trust her to help you in every way she possibly can.
I felt like treatment was very personal with Dr. Lee; she put us at ease from the very first consultation. She spent a lot of time educating us and easing our anxiety. It was clear that she was extremely knowledgeable and experienced, but she still remained flexible in accommodating our wishes.
The first and only cycle that we completed (resulting in our twins) was done as reciprocal IVF using my partner's eggs, anonymous donor sperm, and with myself serving as the gestational carrier. This was several years ago, so some of the details are foggy, but I will recount as many details as I can remember. First, we were both put on oral birth control pills for about a month to sync our cycles. Next, I was put on estrogen patches to build my uterine lining, and she was simultaneously put on an injectable medication to hyperstimulate her ovaries to produce multiple eggs. Then, I was put on Lupron to stop my ovulation, and when she was ready to ovulate, she was given Lupron and hCG to time everything for the egg retrieval procedure. She had the egg retrieval performed and the eggs were fertilized with our anonymous donor sperm, resulting in 9 fertilized embryos at day 5. After the egg withdrawal, she was given oral medication to prevent complications from ovarian hyperstimulation. At the time of retrieval, I was put on progesterone, which I continued throughout the first 10 (?) weeks of pregnancy. Dr. Lee was very thorough in explaining all of this at our first consultation, as well as before each step was performed.
Dr. Lee presented us with the option to transfer one or two embryos; she made it clear that she was not comfortable with transferring more than that because our chances of conceiving were high. She discussed thoroughly with us the risks and benefits of transferring one vs. two embryos and we felt well informed when making our decision. Although we all were in agreement to transfer two embryos, we still had an interesting conversation regarding the ethical implications of multiple embryo transfers.
Lansdale

Dr. Budinetz was sympathetic (and it felt genuine) towards our infertility and miscarriage. She spoke to me like a doctor, yet friend, in terms and with explainations I could understand. She took time to answer all my questions and when calling me with negative results gave her heart felt sympathy....she was compassionate, remembered little things about me that made me feel less of a number and had good bedside manner.
Their billing department [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] is a nightmare. They messed up a few times and wouldn’t return calls. It took months to straighten out. Last I wish everyone there would be more understanding and helpful regarding financial hardships and time commitment this takes. The secretaries/ admin could be more compassionate at times. The knowledge of their doctors is their strength. I never felt as if they didn’t have a handle on things.
Overall while I didn’t get the results I hoped for, she knew what she was doing and was able to put me at ease by answering questions. She was hopeful, however I wonder if it was almost too much for our situation. I wish she,the clinic and the other doctors really took into account the financial hardship and what it means.... sometimes having to go into debt or giving up on everything you hoped for and dreamed of. Sometimes having too much hope makes you fall harder when things fail, if that makes sense. I rate her well because in my heart of hearts I think she did the best she could. I was nervous at first because she seems young and therefore maybe doesn’t have as much experience, however I don’t think that’s the case. Last she was compassionate, remembered little things about me that made me feel less of a number and had good bedside manner.
Even though she seems young, give her your confidence.
Dr. Budinetz was sympathetic (and it felt genuine) towards our infertility and miscarriage. She spoke to me like a doctor, yet friend, in terms and with explainations I could understand. She took time to answer all my questions and when calling me with negative results gave her heart felt sympathy. She heard my concerns when I had them and provided solutions and answers. Last she had a warm smile and gave eye contact.
I don’t know what the cycle was called but we did IVF for poor responders. I used testosterone for awhile, followed my estrace and norethrindone. Once that stopped I started injectables twice a day, I think of low dose hcg, gonal F and microlupron. It worked and we got a lot more eggs (the first cycle was canceled prior). Both retrievals we got about 9 good eggs each. For being in my late 30s, this was good.
There was some miscommunications regarding what medication I needed for a repeat cycle. As it turned out I didn’t need what I thought they said and wasted about $200. Minus that for the most part they answered my questions and were fairly compassionate. They explained things adequately. On a few rare occasions I didn’t get calls returned.
Their billing department is a nightmare. They messed up a few times and wouldn’t return calls. It took months to straighten out. Last I wish everyone there would be more understanding and helpful regarding financial hardships and time commitment this takes. The secretaries/ admin could be more compassionate at times. The knowledge of their doctors is their strength. I never felt as if they didn’t have a handle on things.
While we had insurance I had copays and medications costs. I want to say we paid about 1/4-1/3 the price of a cycle out of pocket due to insurance.
She recommended doesn’t not more than 1, due to my age and previous history of embryos arresting (suggesting they weren’t normal or quality). They don’t recommend more than 3
The billing department messed up some bills and didn’t return calls. Also several times I had to call and ask pregnancy results. No one likes waiting for that!
Lansdale

Our very first appointment with Dr. Milman was very good, she explained everything that we would do and exactly when to do it. After that first appointment however I only saw her a few more times despite being at the clinic several times a week. She didn't even do my actual IUI procedures. She only called me once to tell me that my beta blood test was negative. After my second failed IUI I was told that we would be able to do one more IUI with them before having to move on to IVF which I was not ready for. I felt pressured that if our 3rd IUI failed I would have to start IVF.
The nursing staff [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] was always very upbeat when I was there. They knew who I was and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. I generally saw Dawn Marie, she did most of my ultrasounds and the actual IUI. She was fabulous.... When I transfer to another clinic and requested my records to be sent to me, it was a huge hassle. It took 5 days for someone to get back to me, and another 5 days to be mailed, which meant I didn't receive them in time for mmy first appointment with the new clinic. The woman I spoke to was also very rude. I had to reach out to her several times, often with no response.
How was your experience with Lauren Milman at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Milman at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Be honest about what you're comfortable doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Milman at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
I went to Abington for 3 cycles, and only actually saw Dr. Milman maybe 5 times. I'm not sure she even knew who I was.
Describe the protocols Lauren Milman used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
Since this was my first appointment with a specialist she had me do the Clomid challenge along with an HSG and a biopsy. That cycle we did timed intercourse. After that failed and we realized that Clomid made my lining too thin, for our 2 IUI cycles I took femara, which worked fairly well for me. Both of those cycles ended in a negative pregnancy test.
The nursing staff was always very upbeat when I was there. They knew who I was and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. I generally saw Dawn Marie, she did most of my ultrasounds and the actual IUI. She was fabulous.
I usually didn't have to wait too long during my early morning appointments. The exam rooms were very small, it was uncomfortable to have my husband in there with me because there was so little room. The equipment also looked old. In the room where they drew blood it was pretty messy. There was blood spatter on the wall behind the sharps container.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Milman at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Every time I walked in the door I had a $70 copay. The ultrasounds were around $40 more and the actual IUIs were around $350 with my insurance.
Lauren Milman
Lansdale

This doctor [Dr. Michael Sobel] seemed rushed and annoyed to be performing my retrieval. He barely spoke to me after, and provided really no optimism. When he called to say that both embryos had fertilized abnormally, I distinctly remember him also saying " We may have to give up on you soon." He seemed to have no desire to help me. I left this clinic immediately...Don't expect to see him often, or receive undivided attention.
[Abington Reproductive Medicine] was clean and tidy. The receptionist was generally nice, but didn't always seem to have an understanding of what was going on with the patients. The had good hours and many locations, which was helpful...My treatment was not specific. Honestly, no one ever seemed to remember anything I'd told them from one appointment to the next. They seemed to have no idea how to handle cases that were not average in nature. They are clearly used to cut and dry cases, which I certainly am not.
This doctor seemed rushed and annoyed to be performing my retrieval. He barely spoke to me after, and provided really no optimism. When he called to say that both embryos had fertilized abnormally, I distinctly remember him also saying " We may have to give up on you soon." He seemed to have no desire to help me. I left this clinic immediately.
Don't expect to see him often, or receive undivided attention.
My protocol was completely messed up. When I wasn't responding well to the drugs, he basically threw up his hands. I called desperate to speak to him or any doctor about what we could do to save the cycle. At the final hour, they agreed and prescribed medication and hastily scheduled me for retrieval. It was too late. The cycle was mismanaged, its no wonder the eggs were not healthy.
Again, they seemed overworked and understaffed. They were wonderful at first, but once it became clear that I wasn't an easy case the friendly attitude went away. One nurse there did get me some donated medication once, and for that I was grateful.
It was clean and tidy. The receptionist was generally nice, but didn't always seem to have an understanding of what was going on with the patients. The had good hours and many locations, which was helpful.
I had insurance coverage for some of the treatments. Each IUI cost me 200, that I know for sure. 500 for a hysteroscopy.
My IVF cycle at this clinic was partially covered by my insurance. I provided all of that information to them, and yet---I STILL receive bills. I call and call and call and no one ever responds. This cycle was 3 years ago!
Abington
Dr. Sobel is very knowledgeable and also caring. He stays up to date with research and implements that in his practice. He has high expectations with numbers (lab results, endometrium thickness), which I feel is a good thing. I had a lab result which was in the normal range, but barely. He called me and explained we need to add on a medication to get that closer to the middle of the normal range, which is better for trying to conceive. I do not know how many other doctors would do that.
I think the clinic in Lancaster [Abington Reproductive] needs to be renovated. The equipment is old and the exam rooms small. It works overall, but updates would be nice.... Robin is by leaps and bounds the best nurse I have ever known. She is incredibly intelligent, knows what Dr. Sobel wants, and is very fast when responding to questions via email. It seems like she makes the wheels turn in the office.
Trust his judgement!
He remembers his patients and makes you feel welcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Robin)
I think the clinic in Lancaster needs to be renovated. The equipment is old and the exam rooms small. It works overall, but updates would be nice.
We brought in my husband's first semen analysis and had a specific appointment time to do so. We checked in at the front desk, with both of our names. We sat in the waiting room for 20+ minutes (my husband holding his sample in his armpit to keep it warm), I had a weird feeling they didn't know he had his sample, so I mentioned it to them. The lady at the front desk gave a very concerned look and advised us that the courier had already left with the rest of the samples (he came and went all while we were sitting in the waiting room with the sample). Part of this may have been my fault for not speaking up sooner, but I didn't want to seem rude by asking what was taking so long to get my husband's sample. They made it right by calling the courier back to pick up my husband's sample, but not after biting my lip in attempts to hold back the tears of frustration.
Lancaster
Dr. Sobel is a great guy, but in our case, lacked insight to get my husband's sperm cultured for an infection that ultimately prevented us from getting pregnant. His sperm would not fertilize an egg, but we didn't know that until 1 year into treatment and several thousand dollars later.... We went through rigorous blood work, appointments, and 3 IUI treatments, none of which were successful because of this oversight...Dr Sobel has wonderful bedside manner and the nurses were kind. We felt listened to....
The office [Abington Repro Med] atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired. No natural light, low ceilings, and small exam rooms. They would really benefit from changing offices. The room where you go over treatment is also out in the open and only divided by a small partition which doesn't seem very private....Dr Sobel has wonderful bedside manner and the nurses were kind. We felt listened to....IUIs were about $1,500 each...Good with email, prompt.
Dr. Sobel is a great guy, but in our case, lacked insight to get my husband's sperm cultured for an infection that ultimately prevented us from getting pregnant. His sperm would not fertilize an egg, but we didn't know that until 1 year into treatment and several thousand dollars later. The infection is cleared with a simple course of antibiotics. We went through rigorous blood work, appointments, and 3 IUI treatments, none of which were successful because of this oversight. Changed doctors, they flagged it right away. Get a second opinion.
Talk to someone who has battled infertility before. They will help you understand more than your doctor can in a one hour session, plus you will need a lifeline when your head is spinning after an appointment. Don't be afraid to ask questions and ask them to repeat or re-explain. Keep a calendar or journal of treatment so you can refer back - you WILL forget.
Good with email, prompt.
The office atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired. No natural light, low ceilings, and small exam rooms. They would really benefit from changing offices. The room where you go over treatment is also out in the open and only divided by a small partition which doesn't seem very private.
IUIs were about $1,500 each
2017, Unknown Success
In the beginning, my husband and I really appreciated Dr. Somkuti's openness and willingness to answer questions. As treatment went on, I felt like that lessened and more and more we were pushed off to the nursing and clinic staff...He was great at our initial assessment with explaining everything and walking us through the testing process. Subsequent visits have felt a little rushed and like some of my questions were annoying.
The nursing staff [at Abington] is great, but often hard to get in touch with (it is always a process of leaving a message and having them get back to you). Also, a few times, I felt like there wasn't a clear communication with the full team as to cycle next steps...Twice now I have had one of the NPs tell me some set of information, and then a nurse give me a different set of instructions. It ended up worked out in the end, but could be really stressful.
How was your experience with Stephen Somkuti at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Somkuti at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
1) Be prepared for constant students in almost every visit, procedure, and appointment 2) You will have VERY little interaction with the physician 3) His humor and candidness worked really well for my husband
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Somkuti at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
The nursing staff is great, but often hard to get in touch with (it is always a process of leaving a message and having them get back to you). Also, a few times, I felt like there wasn't a clear communication with the full team as to cycle next steps.
Describe Stephen Somkuti's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Stephen Somkuti
2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Milman] genuinely listened to us and out concerns. She took the time to treat us as an individual couple and never made us feel rushed or our concerns not warranted...we always feel that we are a unique couple and we aren't lumped into every one else who may going through this experience as well. We were always individuals with adequate time devoted to us as well as a willingness to always explain any and everything...excellent doctors
[Toll Center] Location, relative affordability for those paying out of pocket, excellent doctors and nursing staff...[nursing staff] Always attentive, kind, and willing to speak with me to alleviate any nerves. I have never once experienced a rushed appointment....IUI rounds for noninjectable meds were $1000 and then $380 for insemination, not including needed meds...we always feel that we are a unique couple and we aren't lumped into every one else who may going through this experience as well. We were always individuals with adequate time devoted to us as well as a willingness to always explain any and everything.
Again, we always feel that we are a unique couple and we aren't lumped into every one else who may going through this experience as well. We were always individuals with adequate time devoted to us as well as a willingness to always explain any and everything.
If you need someone who shows empathy and understanding I would highly recommend her.
She genuinely listened to us and out concerns. She took the time to treat us as an individual couple and never made us feel rushed or our concerns not warranted.
Lauren Milman
Lansdale
He [Dr. Sobel] was very pleasant to work with. I felt comfortable under his care. He clearly explained options and answered my questions. He performed a procedure the other practice had never mentioned. I had the stomach flu just prior to my scheduled hysteroscopy, and he quickly called back to address that....He was very compassionate and easy to talk to. I was hesitant to see a male doctor, but I was very comfortable with him....
The need to travel to Abington if we did IVF or for specialty sperm testing. Otherwise, I was pleased with the practice [Abington Repro - Toll - Lanc]. I appreciated suggestions of vitamins to take during cycle. I only worked with them for one cycle...[Nurse] Robin was very kind, compassionate, and helpful...One cycle after hysteroscopy to repair uterine septum (undiagnosed at other practice.) Only did Femara with no injectibles and IUI which was less than previous practice.
He was very pleasant to work with. I felt comfortable under his care. He clearly explained options and answered my questions. He performed a procedure the other practice had never mentioned. I had the stomach flu just prior to my scheduled hysteroscopy, and he quickly called back to address that.
Ask questions - he was always willing to answer.
One cycle after hysteroscopy to repair uterine septum (undiagnosed at other practice.) Only did Femara with no injectibles and IUI which was less than previous practice. Positive pregnancy test.
Robin was very kind, compassionate, and helpful
The need to travel to Abington if we did IVF or for specialty sperm testing. Otherwise, I was pleased with the practice. I appreciated suggestions of vitamins to take during cycle. I only worked with them for one cycle, so I don't have a lot of experience.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Budinetz] is very down to earth and makes you feel like she cares. Almost like you are her only patient. She wants to see me happy...She is quite thorough and and understanding of my feelings. She's very positive and a sort of cheerleader which we can all use during this challenging time...
Very understanding to the sensitive nature of their business [at Abington Repro - Toll - Beth]. The only thing I find a little frustrating is you cannot call the office directly. You must call one central number and always be transferred to voicemails. No one ever answers the phone...My insurance doesn't cover much. The billing is very confusing. Since they are so thorough you will be seen several times a week during a cycle the cost is high. 3 IUI's cost out of pocket approximately $2,700 plus I purchased vials of sperm 3 times @ 1,000 a piece...
She will make you feel important
She is very down to earth and makes you feel like she cares. Almost like you are her only patient. She wants to see me happy.
She checked my tunes were open by flushing with saline and a small biopsy of my uterus. Found inflammation so she gave me a strong antibiotic to take for a day. Also suggested low dose aspirin to help thin my blood since I my blood work showed to clot a little too much. I had 3 IUI's with her. First had a test clomid cycle which I responded well to 50mg but I also never had a problem ovulating. First IUI no success but had many follicles. More aggressive 2nd IUI was with injectables (I believe due to my age of 41 at the time) gonal f 75mg, many follicles again but no success. 3rd IUI the same injectables but with different sperm donor and no success. Years prior I had a laparoscopic surgery for endo. She stated she didn't feel that to be a concern. At this point she stated she felt it most likely was my egg quality. Even though I have many the only way to know would be ivf and she knows how costly that is so she suggested embryo adoption to be my best chance at conceiving. I cannot afford ivf which my insurance does not cover so I am currently on a waiting list for up to a year waiting to be called.
Very caring and paid attention to detail
Very understanding to the sensitive nature of their business. The only thing I find a little frustrating is you cannot call the office directly. You must call one central number and always be transferred to voicemails. No one ever answers the phone