Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1 Jarrett White Rd
Honolulu, HI 96859
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tripler Army Medical Center to a friend?

6.7

9.7

6.6

3 doctors
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Doctor Middleton never rushes with you, she takes the time to bring you to her office to answer and questions or concerns and seems like she genuinely cares about what you want...She is willing to be flexible with you schedule wise, she is honest without being rude, and always makes time to answer your questions...I was put on birth control, then took anti biotics before my retrieval at my retrieveal, the procedure was quick and painless. I then went home took more aintbiotics, waited on my period so i could start birth control again for a frozen transfer. Once it was transfer time i was on progesterone injections, estrogen pills and patches, baby asprin and prenatal. All in all the process between retrieval and transfer was about 2 months
I would say they are very friendly [at Tripler Army Medical Center] and try to work with you. Your meds are also covered which is a big plus. The doctors i have only heard good things about and i only have good things about the two ive seen. Dr Pier and Dr Middleton are just so amazing. Really caring. I would say down side is they get alot of patients so its sometimes hard to reach them...The nurses are amazing and always on the go. They are pretty good about calling you with results but may take a while as they are consistantly busy. It can be very hard to reach them by phone, i have found emailing works better
European, East Asian
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nia Middleton at Tripler Army Medical Center?
I have been seeing doctor middleton for about 6 months now, and honestly she is one of my favorite doctors at triplers rei. She is willing to be flexible with you schedule wise, she is honest without being rude, and always makes time to answer your questions. You may sometimes have to wair a little longer at your appointment as she does this with all of her patients, so its worth it because she will do the same for you.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nia Middleton at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Dont be afraid to ask questions she is really good about taking time to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nia Middleton at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Describe the protocols Nia Middleton used in your cycles at Tripler Army Medical Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tripler Army Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Tonya)
Describe your experience with Tripler Army Medical Center.
Strengths I would say they are very friendly and try to work with you. Your meds are also covered which is a big plus. The doctors i have only heard good things about and i only have good things about the two ive seen. Dr Pier and Dr Middleton are just so amazing. Really caring. I would say down side is they get alot of patients so its sometimes hard to reach them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nia Middleton at Tripler Army Medical Center.
Your medications are covered Pgs is 1000 for 1 embryo Pgs for up to 8 is 5000 I spent around 7500 for egg retrieval, fet transfer and freezing the extra embryos plus storage for a year
Describe Nia Middleton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tripler Army Medical Center.
Because my embryos were pgs tested normal and my age of 25 doctor middleton only put 1 embryo back. If your under 30 more than likely she will say for you to transfer one, you can discuss doing two with her if they arent tested.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nia Middleton at Tripler Army Medical Center.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr.levy has been an amazing doctor with great bedside manner, very personable, friendly, and educated. His only weakness i feel is that he can sometimes seem overly optimistic which isnt always bad but we all know this process doesnt always work... He was very on top of my treatments, and had me in weekly if not twice a week checking my progress for my egg retrival and ivf cycle. He said he would take an aggressive medicne regiment so that we would have great quality eggs
The REI clinic can feel disorganized at times, and the nurses and staff over worked. It can be hard to get ahold of nurses when starting cycles, but once situated with a doctor the process seems easier . i do wish they had an embrologist on staff so that i didnt have to be sent out for the egg retrival but i like that dr.levy was also registered with the outside clinic... Nurses from the gyno clinic some times help out the nurses from the REI clinic and the gyno nurses some times give out bad or wrong info.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Dr.levy has been an amazing doctor with great bedside manner, very personable, friendly, and educated. His only weakness i feel is that he can sometimes seem overly optimistic which isnt always bad but we all know this process doesnt always work so im scared of false hope but that could be more of a problem with me than him. Other than that he has been able to explain every procedure , test, and scan so that i understood and knew exactly what was going to happen and in what order.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Ask for him over all the other doctors
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Dr.levy had always spent as much time with me as needed. He has listened and even research questions i had to get a correct answer. He has always seemed az invested in my success as i am.
Describe the protocols Gary Levy used in your cycles at Tripler Army Medical Center and their degree of success.
Nice but some times overly busy
Describe your experience with Tripler Army Medical Center.
Tripler REI clinic has been wonderful but i dont feel that the head doctor enjoys her job or cares for her patients. I was very lucky to get paired with dr.levy over the head doctor of the clinic. The REI clinic can feel disorganized at times, and the nurses and staff over worked. It can be hard to get ahold of nurses when starting cycles, but once situated with a doctor the process seems easier . i do wish they had an embrologist on staff so that i didnt have to be sent out for the egg retrival but i like that dr.levy was also registered with the outside clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center.
I paid $7,300 for the egg retrival, anestheta, 1 year egg retrival, and transfer.
Describe Gary Levy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tripler Army Medical Center.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center.

The only negative thing about her [Dr. Middleton] is that she is often running late, but this is because she takes so much time to fully address the concerns of her patients...Dr. Middleton also managed to help me avoid OHSS, even with 27 eggs retrieved, by switching me to a lupron/hcg trigger instead of a the standard hcg trigger given by the clinic. After one IVF attempt we had a successful fresh transfer of one embryo and we have nine frozen, so we couldn't be happier!..Even in a very busy military clinic, Dr. Middleton took the time to address any question or concerns that we had.
you have to try each treatment [at Tripler Army Medical Center] a certain number of times before getting on an ivf wait list which can be long...strengths: Medication is free (including injectables)! Bloodwork, ultrasounds, appointments, and other diagnostic procedures (I had an hsg, saline ultrasound, and laparoscopy) are also free. The REs are great once you are finally able to see them. They work with a civilian fertility institute for IUI and IVF procedures so you are receiving the highest quality of care for a fraction of the price...Because the cost of medication, blood work, ultrasounds, and diagnostic procedures/tests were provided by the military, we only had to pay for the actual procedures done at the civilian fertility institute. Each IUI with sperm wash was $233 and a full IVF procedure with retrieval, ICSI, and transfer came out to about $7500. Embryo storage is about $600 each year.
How was your experience with Nia Middleton at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Seeing Dr. Middleton was a breath of fresh air in our 3-year journey. She was very professional and explained all risks for IVF, but was also very positive and made our IVF experience as comfortable as it could possibly be. The only negative thing about her is that she is often running late, but this is because she takes so much time to fully address the concerns of her patients. In a military facility this is rare, and even though I was busy during this time, it was worth waiting. Dr. Middleton also managed to help me avoid OHSS, even with 27 eggs retrieved, by switching me to a lupron/hcg trigger instead of a the standard hcg trigger given by the clinic. After one IVF attempt we had a successful fresh transfer of one embryo and we have nine frozen, so we couldn't be happier!
You will love her, but know that she is often running late.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tripler Army Medical Center.
The coordinator was very helpful and called with all important info eventually. At times it was stressful waiting for a call, but I know that she was completely overloaded. Again, for a military facility, she went above and beyond and made us feel human.
Describe your experience with Tripler Army Medical Center.
weaknesses: Scheduling an appointment is a challenge and sometimes they cannot fit you in when needed due to military hours. The main REs are great, but when you first start you may not see them. You may see a nurse practitioner or intern instead. Also, you have to try each treatment a certain number of times before getting on an ivf wait list which can be long. strengths: Medication is free (including injectables)! Bloodwork, ultrasounds, appointments, and other diagnostic procedures (I had an hsg, saline ultrasound, and laparoscopy) are also free. The REs are great once you are finally able to see them. They work with a civilian fertility institute for IUI and IVF procedures so you are receiving the highest quality of care for a fraction of the price.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Levy seemed to give me the most information about the process... He was the first Doctor in that clinic to ask me about my sarcoidosis, which indicated that he had actually looked at my chart prior to walking into my appointment.... We are currently doing Gonal F and we don't have results of this round yet. He did explain that pending my next ultrasound we may increase the dosage. I feel like he has explained future options.
Weaknesses [Tripler Army Me Ctr], phone system. Multiple times there have been missed phone calls. Communication from the scheduling staff has been very frustrating. I found that it is easier to show up to the clinic to make appointments then to wait for a phone call back. Especially since it is such a time sensitive process. Strengths, the Ladies out front who check you in, and the nurses who do the vitals and accompany in the exam rooms are great. always cheery and pleasant.
How was your experience with Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Dr. Levy seemed to give me the most information about the process. I didn't start my IUI journey with him but when I leave an appointment with him I don't have any questions. He also give me a written, by him, review of instructions and such.
He is very personable and I feel like he is genuinely interested in my case.
The ladies that do my vitals and assist in the exam room are always great. The staff that handles future bookings and medication training have been very frustrating and shown no compassion.
Describe your experience with Tripler Army Medical Center.
Weaknesses, phone system. Multiple times there have been missed phone calls. Communication from the scheduling staff has been very frustrating. I found that it is easier to show up to the clinic to make appointments then to wait for a phone call back. Especially since it is such a time sensitive process. Strengths, the Ladies out front who check you in, and the nurses who do the vitals and accompany in the exam rooms are great. always cheery and pleasant.
none
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Middleton is very honest and to the point when it comes to treatment plans and what's realistic for you personally. She's kind in her delivery and really made me feel that our desires were important and she was going to do everything she could to make it happen.... Because of my age we started with injectables and iui. After 3 failed iui's, Dr. Middleton felt that it would be best for me to move on to ivf, but let me try one more iui while I was on the wait list.
I like that pretty much everything I needed to do was at this location. Dr visits, ultrasounds, labs and prescriptions. The facility [Tripler Army Medical Center] is clean and the staff is friendly. The only negative I would say is that since its in the regular obgyn department, it can get a little hectic and run behind on time.... I believe the total was $7356.00. Most of that cost was for the anesthesiologist and use of the FIH facilities for the egg retrieval and transfer.
Don't wait, go in asap
She's very personable and listens to my wants and concerns
Because of my age we started with injectables and iui. After 3 failed iui's, Dr. Middleton felt that it would be best for me to move on to ivf, but let me try one more iui while I was on the wait list. The 4th oil failed as well, so we moved on to ivf. The egg retrieval has been completed and now were waiting to start the frozen embryo transfer cycle.
I believe there were two nurses that I have been working with in regards to scheduling and instructions. They are very helpful and to the point and always return my calls in good time.
Describe your experience with Tripler Army Medical Center.
I like that pretty much everything I needed to do was at this location. Dr visits, ultrasounds, labs and prescriptions. The facility is clean and the staff is friendly. The only negative I would say is that since its in the regular obgyn department, it can get a little hectic and run behind on time.
I believe the total was $7356.00. Most of that cost was for the anesthesiologist and use of the FIH facilities for the egg retrieval and transfer. Also $1500 of that was for cryopreservation
I requested 2 embryos to be transferred because of the expense and my age. Dr Middleton understood my concerns and agreed to allow this.
+ Read more- Read less

I appreciated her insight and she was very helpful for the times that I saw her. She is knowledgeable and kind and truly wants success for her patients. She does not think of her patients as numbers only....She’s wonderful, but make sure you ask any questions you might have because she’s very busy!... She prescribed Femara and IUI. This was the 3rd time using Femara and the 4th overall IUI. She only prescribed Femara because that’s what I had taken before and there wasn’t time to do the cycle with injections. This was due to my cycle starting over a holiday weekend and the clinic being closed. (The joys of a military clinic...)
They [Tripler Army Medical Center] are super busy and can’t always fit you in when needed. I don’t feel like the care is very personalized. I’ve done 4 IUI cycles and have seen different doctors for each one and none of the cycles were successful. I haven’t seen my “assigned” doctor since my initial appointments. It’s frustrating. However, I am thankful that I am able to go to them and that a lot of the treatments are covered or partially covered under insurance.
How was your experience with Nia Middleton at Tripler Army Medical Center?
She was very kind and helpful during my treatment. You could tell she truly wants to help her patients.
They’re nice and are helpful. They’re very busy, but that’s not their fault, and it’s hard to get in touch with them sometimes.
Describe your experience with Tripler Army Medical Center.
It’s awesome that we have the opportunity to go to this clinic under the military insurance. They are super busy and can’t always fit you in when needed. I don’t feel like the care is very personalized. I’ve done 4 IUI cycles and have seen different doctors for each one and none of the cycles were successful. I haven’t seen my “assigned” doctor since my initial appointments. It’s frustrating. However, I am thankful that I am able to go to them and that a lot of the treatments are covered or partially covered under insurance.
Nothing costs money except the sperm wash because it has to be done at another clinic.
Not applicable yet
2014 - 2017
Dr Levy would call or email to follow up with me. He wanted to make sure everything was perfect for transfer. He also took time to call me in his office after each exam to go over any questions or concerns... Dr Levy was knowledable and personable. I liked how he made sure I understood what was going on. I moved to a different state and he made sure to stay in contact with me and even called me to make sure all was ok.
Clinic [Tripler Army Medical Center] offered affordable procedures. Only downside is the waitlist. And that they do it in batch cycles. I understand the need for it though with their clinic. They do a excellent job with how many people they serve. They stay very busy.... Sharlene [a nurse] was organized and made sure all prescription were called in and that I understood how to take each one.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Be prepared for the waitlist. As it's through the military and they can only take so many per cycle
I was on a pretty standard protocol. Although I did have to double my dose of estrogen for one of the cycles
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tripler Army Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Sharlene)
Sharlene was organized and made sure all prescription were called in and that I understood how to take each one.
Describe your experience with Tripler Army Medical Center.
Clinic offered affordable procedures. Only downside is the waitlist. And that they do it in batch cycles. I understand the need for it though with their clinic. They do a excellent job with how many people they serve. They stay very busy.
All medications, ultrasound and bloodwork was covered. We paid out of pocket for IVF and genetic testing which cost us around $8,000 and a FET cost close to $2,000
For my age and previous cycles we chose 2 each time. He did explain it to us.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr Middleton was great! She was real but also sensitive and caring. we would not have our son without her help! She definitely listened to our concerns and let me cry when I needed to. She did not necessarily get our hopes up but made us feel confident in the treatment plan!... We only ended up with two good looking embryos so she encouraged us to transfer both so we did and do not regret it
There can be a waitlist for ivf and the Tripler clinic can be hard to get ahold of but once you are in their care they are nothing but great! Their team of rei doctors are great and I definitely would recommend them!... We really didn’t get much time with the nurses more just the doctor but they were all nice!... Dr Middleton was great! She was real but also sensitive and caring. we would not have our son without her help! She definitely listened to our concerns and let me cry when I needed to.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Nia Middleton at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Ask all the questions and try not to over think everything l!
She was really caring and real sometimes we even saw her at target and she always stopped to say hi and was very friendly
Agnostic protocol menopur and gonal f both were increased a few times we did a five day fresh transfer of two eggs which resulted in one baby!
The costs were just under 8k for a while ivf cycle

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
[Dr. Bruce Pier] is very professional and extreamly nice. He made me feel like he really was intrested in helping us begin our family. He was willing to up my doses if need be and change the plans and was straight forward...We did letrozole then trigger which allowed me to get pregnant via iui but it was a chemical next we moved on to a hybrid treatment using both plus injectables unfortunately didnt work...was very caring and straight forward. He seemed like he really cared about my outcomes
They [nurses at Tripler Army Medical Center] are amazing but very busy and can be hard to get in contact with on the phone...For an iui it was about $100 you only pay for the sperm wash...You will need a referral to them. Your meds are covered which is great. It can be a bit of a wait to do ivf not long maybe 3 months because they have alot of patients. But the entire staff is amazing...We did letrozole then trigger which allowed me to get pregnant via iui but it was a chemical next we moved on to a hybrid treatment using both plus injectables unfortunately didnt work
European, East Asian
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bruce Pier at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Dr Pier, is very professional and extreamly nice. He made me feel like he really was intrested in helping us begin our family. He was willing to up my doses if need be and change the plans and was straight forward
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Pier at Tripler Army Medical Center?
I honestly there really isnt much advice i can give. Other than to mentally prepare yourself because this is an emotional process
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Pier at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Dr Pier was very caring and straight forward. He seemed like he really cared about my outcomes
Describe the protocols Bruce Pier used in your cycles at Tripler Army Medical Center and their degree of success.
They are amazing but very busy and can be hard to get in contact with on the phone
Describe your experience with Tripler Army Medical Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Pier at Tripler Army Medical Center.
For an iui it was about $100 you only pay for the sperm wash
Describe Bruce Pier's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tripler Army Medical Center.
I only did an iui with this doctor
Bruce Pier
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bruce Pier at Tripler Army Medical Center.