9.9

Acupuncture is not offered

200 Hawkins Drive
Iowa City, IA 52242
800-777-8442

She [Dr. Ryan] actually looked at me when she was speaking, unlike her colleague who continued my treatment later on. She was clear, considerate and gave me facts without talking down to me or making me feel dumb.... We elected to transfer both the embryo and the morula as they stated that they would be discarding the morula the next day anyway. Didn't matter, nothing took. But I think having the hope of more than one embryo in there helped with the anxiety & fear that nothing would work.
Our nursing experience [U of Iowa] varied from AMAZING and compassionate to gruff and clipped. One nurse cut me off multiple times (when she asked questions) and left my husband fuming because to him it showed that to this clinic we were just another number. He didn't attend any other visits with me as he didn't feel he could keep his mouth shut if we got that nurse again.... They talk a good game and do A LOT of cheerleading. Unfortunately this cheerleading behavior can lead to unrealistic expectations. From the beginning talking about how you have a 'perfect little cervix' and the lining on the uterus looks 'amazing' and 'you have tons of follicles, this won't be hard at all!' To the end, when nothing worked, and they lay blame on you (me, the woman that they didn't do any additional testing on because my spouse was the one with low count & low motility.
How was your experience with Ginny Ryan at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
She actually looked at me when she was speaking, unlike her colleague who continued my treatment later on. She was clear, considerate and gave me facts without talking down to me or making me feel dumb.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ginny Ryan at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
She was great at making me feel at ease, explaining the process very well and doing so while speaking to me and my spouse on a human level.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ginny Ryan at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Describe the protocols Ginny Ryan used in your cycles at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
We did their basic protocol: estradoil to sync my cycle with their up time. Follistim AQ, then Menopur, then Ganirelix and HCG as my trigger shot. Throughout I had transvaginal ultrasounds to track my lining and follicle growth. Retrieval was done under general anesthesia and they were able to retrieve 8 eggs. 5 fertilized, 1 made it to embryo, 1 was a morula and 3 were discarded. In the end we were not successful in getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Our nursing experience varied from AMAZING and compassionate to gruff and clipped. One nurse cut me off multiple times (when she asked questions) and left my husband fuming because to him it showed that to this clinic we were just another number. He didn't attend any other visits with me as he didn't feel he could keep his mouth shut if we got that nurse again.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
They talk a good game and do A LOT of cheerleading. Unfortunately this cheerleading behavior can lead to unrealistic expectations. From the beginning talking about how you have a 'perfect little cervix' and the lining on the uterus looks 'amazing' and 'you have tons of follicles, this won't be hard at all!' To the end, when nothing worked, and they lay blame on you (me, the woman that they didn't do any additional testing on because my spouse was the one with low count & low motility.) without a ton of explanation. But absolutely want you to come back for another round!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ginny Ryan at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Up front we were told what our cost would be ($11500 -13000 plus medications) We topped out at about $16000 plus medication costs coming in at $4700.
Describe Ginny Ryan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
What specific things went wrong at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
When we were called to set up our first appointment we were offered a date that was, amazingly, only a few weeks away. I said we would take it, but after 6 hours of waiting for the appointment to appear on my MyChart I got nervous and called them back. The scheduler said I didn't confirm that I wanted the appointment (!?) and so they gave it to someone else. The clinic was able to work us back in on the same day, but the scheduler gave attitude every time I interacted with her after that. One other small thing, but after being told that my prescriptions were being sent to pharmacy before we left clinic we arrived in pharmacy to find out nothing had been ordered. They had to call the clinic to remind them to place the orders AND then had to call again after 15 minutes because they had missed a medication. Just made a long stressful day a lot longer and more stressful.
Ginny Ryan
Iowa City
The provider [Dr. Duran] was excellent, took time with me and didn't rush...He always made me feel heard and he answered my concerns with validation. I appreciated how I didn't feel like a number with him but that he really cared about our outcome...
Strength [at University of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care]- the doctors, their machines and technology, The lab techs, the nurses in the surgery suites, their experience Weakness- the nurses (mainly just Ali) otherwise most of the other nurses were great...However Ali was extremely uncompassionate and I always dreded having to speak with her. I would usually cry each time we hung up because she was so negative.
How was your experience with Eyup Duran at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
He spent time with me and never rushed. He always made me feel heard and he answered my concers with validation. I appreciated how I didn't feel like a number with him but that he really cared about our outcome.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eyup Duran at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
The provider was excellent, took time with me and didn't rush. The nurses however were awful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: ali)
Most of the nurses were great. However Ali was extremely uncompassionate and I always dreded having to speak with her. I would usually cry each time we hung up because she was so negative.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Strength- the doctors, their machines and technology, The lab techs, the nurses in the surgery suites, their experience Weakness- the nurses (mainly just Ali) otherwise most of the other nurses were great
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eyup Duran at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Around 18000