U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care

Iowa City, IA 52242
800-777-8442

1 patient review filtered by:

Treated 2016 - 2017
He [Dr. Eyup Duran] was very straight forward and blunt with us. He explained and talked me through procedures in detail.... I was on a dual trigger protocol. Due to my age and weight there was worry for OHSS. I started with Folistim. After a couple of days we added in Ganirelix. As my follicles got bigger I started on Menopur. Lastly I triggered with HCG and Leuprolide. I had my egg retrieval 36 hours later. We got 21 eggs of which 20 were mature. 17 of the 20 fertilized and we had 17 left at my day 5 transfer. Of the 17 a few were falling behind and were poor quality. We were able to freeze 12 5 day blasts. I did a fresh day 5 embryo transfer
The strength [of U of Iowa] is definitely the know and skilled the providers bring. I like the care team. It allows for multiple provider options so my care isn’t soloed into on providers perspective. Negatives is the lack of scheduling when you aren’t in a cycle. Sometimes it’s hard to see the provider you prefer or to even get in at all within a timely manner. This holds very true for the initial infertility work up (tests, HSG, consultations.)
How was your experience with Eyup Duran at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
My husband and I really appreciated the providers knowledge of my situation. He was very straight forward and blunt with us. He explained and talked me through procedures in detail, which I prefer. The only negative complaint I have is once we were completed with our IVF cycle we found it hard to get appointments with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eyup Duran at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
If you need additional information then what’s provided don’t be afraid to ask. Dr Duran always seemed happy to explain things further for my husband and I. Although he is an amazing provider, remember you are your own number one advocate!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eyup Duran at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
The University’s IVF Clinic has really impressed me with the amount of compassion the staff hold for their patients. I have had multiple nurses and providers go out of their way to see how I’m doing. They seem to really care for their patients. Dr Duran was awesome! He was the main provider we saw throughout our IVF cycle. He was very personable and honest.
Describe the protocols Eyup Duran used in your cycles at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
I was on a dual trigger protocol. Due to my age and weight there was worry for OHSS. I started with Folistim. After a couple of days we added in Ganirelix. As my follicles got bigger I started on Menopur. Lastly I triggered with HCG and Leuprolide. I had my egg retrieval 36 hours later. We got 21 eggs of which 20 were mature. 17 of the 20 fertilized and we had 17 left at my day 5 transfer. Of the 17 a few were falling behind and were poor quality. We were able to freeze 12 5 day blasts. I did a fresh day 5 embryo transfer. Overall I was very happy with our protocol and outcome. It surpassed my expectations. I had a pregnancy test 10 days post transfer that was positive. In the end we ended up miscarrying at 9 weeks due to a believed chromosome abnormality. We’re currently prepping for our first FET.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
I had a couple of nurses go out of there way to call and check up on me. We have only had a couple nurses that my husband and I weren’t giant fans of due to their lack of communication.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The strength is definitely the know and skilled the providers bring. I like the care team. It allows for multiple provider options so my care isn’t soloed into on providers perspective. Negatives is the lack of scheduling when you aren’t in a cycle. Sometimes it’s hard to see the provider you prefer or to even get in at all within a timely manner. This holds very true for the initial infertility work up (tests, HSG, consultations.)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eyup Duran at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
I was lucky to have some insurance infertility coverage. This clinic does not allow any payment plans on infertility services. Depending on your insurance/or lack of coverage you are expected to pay up front. A medication administration class is require that insurance will not pay for ($150-$200 I can’t remember exactly.) Patients are required to pay for Cryopresorvation ($900) as this too is something insurance wont cover. If you intend to do PGS testing you must pay this up front as well(prior to IVF protocol start.) We opted for genetic screening of myself and husband instead. They go through a third party company that allows payment plans in the event your insurance doesn’t cover it.
Describe Eyup Duran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
We only had the option to transfer a single embryo due to my age and lack of historical challenges. The clinic has strict guidelines in order to be able to qualify for multiple embryo transfers. Most are related to age and previous failed IVF cycles.
Eyup Duran