9.9

Acupuncture is not offered

200 Hawkins Drive
Iowa City, IA 52242
800-777-8442

We are unexplained. So we started with Clomid [with Dr. Shah] because it’s the most powerful/popular choice...we switched to Letrozole. Then we added in trigger shots when the first 2 IUI’s weren’t successful. We started with the plan of 3 IUI’s, and ended at 5 IUI’s after taking a month off. Now we’re waiting to start IVF...Dr. Shah listened to our concerns, answered our questions over and over again, and didn’t just write us off. When I came to her office once in years because of how crazy I felt on Clomid she listened to me and immediately said OK let’s change it up. I don’t have to fight to be heard and I value that.
The staff who answer the phone and takes messages [at U of Iowa Center] could listen clearer. Sometimes I tell them exact things and then once I hear back from the doctor or send a message to the nurses I’m made aware that my full message wasn’t translated. I tend to just send direct messages to the team now....NP Susan has been there for every appointment I’ve had. She’s hopeful and tells me directly what’s going on and what the plan is and next steps based on labs. She’s been fantastic.
How was your experience with Divya Shah at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Dr.Shah was just who I was scheduled with as the next available REI appointment. And I’m so glad I was. She is kind, upbeat, positive, and explains all the ins and outs of what we’re doing or about to do. I found out my coworker had her as well and had a successful IVF pregnancy so I felt relieved I knew a personal success story as a representation of how hard she’ll work for your and your treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Divya Shah at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Take notes, she can talk fast and it’s a lot of information that will be getting thrown at you that you may get hung up on stuff and zone out. But she will gladly send it all to you and her nurses will explain everything in detail as many times as you need it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Divya Shah at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Describe the protocols Divya Shah used in your cycles at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
We are unexplained. So we started with Clomid because it’s the most powerful/popular choice. That made me rollercoaster crazy, so we switched to Letrozole. Then we added in trigger shots when the first 2 IUI’s weren’t successful. We started with the plan of 3 IUI’s, and ended at 5 IUI’s after taking a month off. Now we’re waiting to start IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: Susan Troncelletti)
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The staff who answer the phone and takes messages could listen clearer. Sometimes I tell them exact things and then once I hear back from the doctor or send a message to the nurses I’m made aware that my full message wasn’t translated. I tend to just send direct messages to the team now.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Divya Shah at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
My health insurance fortunately covers up to $10k. Out of pocket costs were $400 for an IUI cycle. Out of pocket cost for IVF is $6-8k not including meds.
Describe Divya Shah's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
We have not yet discussed single or multiple embryo transfers.
What specific things went wrong at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
One time I called and asked for my ultrasound and lab appointment to be moved to an earlier time the following day. They canceled the ultrasound completely and rescheduled the labs for later. I noticed it that late afternoon so I called and left a message and got a call back about 10 minutes later from a nurse who fixed everything.
Divya Shah
Iowa City

Dr. Kresowick not only answers the questions you have, she anticipates the hard ones or the ones that you might not think to ask. She is very proactive in providing information to help you best understand diagnosis, treatment plans, etc... She found a polyp right away. Before scheduling that surgery she advised to do an HSG test - there was no concern around my tubes at that time, but her reasoning that it would prevent a second surgery and more scar tissue if there were to be an issue made sense.
The first appointment was a little overwhelming because the scheduler [U of Iowa] didn't volunteer much information. I had to have an ultrasound in my initial consultation that caught me off guard since I knew they had all my records from my referring doctor. Aside from that, the clinic is very nice and clean. Each exam room has a desk to sit at and exam table. Once you have been through one appointment, you will know what to expect in the future.
How was your experience with Jessica Kresowik at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Dr. Kresowick not only answers the questions you have, she anticipates the hard ones or the ones that you might not think to ask. She is very proactive in providing information to help you best understand diagnosis, treatment plans, etc.. If she has ever had a bad day, you can't tell it by her demeanor in the office. Since starting with Dr. Kresowik I have met several other people that see her as well and we all agree that she is the best.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Kresowik at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
This journey is very emotional and on days where you have lost hope, she will always be there to help you find it with a smiling, familiar face. While it takes some time for initial appointments to be scheduled, it is worth the wait for the warm and professional approach she takes to treating you as an individual versus a file.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Kresowik at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
The entire staff at the clinic is very welcoming and encouraging. They share the same feelings you are going through from the hopefulness for the IUI that you just went through to be successful to the grief of a failed cycle. They do their best to make you feel comfortable and heard.
Describe the protocols Jessica Kresowik used in your cycles at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
I came to Dr. Kresowik by referral from my regular OBGYN after 3 failed cycles of increased dosage of Chlomid and timed intercourse. She doesn't just treat me, she also handled things like my husband's sperm analysis. She looks at the whole picture and both partners. She found a polyp right away. Before scheduling that surgery she advised to do an HSG test - there was no concern around my tubes at that time, but her reasoning that it would prevent a second surgery and more scar tissue if there were to be an issue made sense. After removing the polyp, she has followed all the protocols that you'd expect. We started with Femara and timed intercourse for 3 cycles, though they were not successful. I responded well to Femara so moving to IUI was the most affordable, next best option. After 4 cycles she explained that IUI with injectables or IVF were the next options. We talked through both and with the risk of multiples combined with my family history and the potential to have to cancel cycles we are now moving to IVF in May.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The nurses here follow all protocol for quality and safety while being friendly and providing the emotional support that you need in person and over the phone.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The first appointment was a little overwhelming because the scheduler didn't volunteer much information. I had to have an ultrasound in my initial consultation that caught me off guard since I knew they had all my records from my referring doctor. Aside from that, the clinic is very nice and clean. Each exam room has a desk to sit at and exam table. Once you have been through one appointment, you will know what to expect in the future. They are really consistent with their routines and procedures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Kresowik at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
I have insurance. Out of pocket costs for appointments and IUIs were just a co-pay of $30 for me. Before being adjusted they were around $400. The HSG was $900 and the Hysteroscopic Polypectomy was $2000 between anesthesia, surgery center, and dr bills. The prescriptions range depending on what it is, but with Metformin, Chlomid and Femara, they have all been under $10. In moving to IVF they advised they will help find the best cost for prescriptions and I will learn actual costs for this in May.
Describe Jessica Kresowik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
We haven't been through an IVF cycle yet. We will start ours in May, but we have been educated that because we are so young they will use the eSET approach. Age and egg quality impact whether they will use multiple.
Iowa City

Dr. Duran explained things in a way that the average person could understand. He was realistic and optimistic about his ability to help us with a successful pregnancy. I appreciated his sense of humor and warm personality as well, it helped take some of the edge off of a stressful and anxious situation... The course of treatment is decided by the whole team of doctors at a weekly meeting as opposed to a decision being made by one physician.
The nurses [at U of Iowa] were all very knowledgeable and very patient with every question we had. They are quick to return phone calls. They were a pleasure to work with...We were eligible for IOWarranty program which covered all of the medical facility fees throughout the process (including additional transfers if the first failed). This program cost $18,250, with a refund of $13,500 if we did not have a viable 12-week pregnancy...
How was your experience with Eyup Duran at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eyup Duran at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
You can't go wrong with the University of Iowa!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eyup Duran at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
The University of Iowa was the second fertility clinic we visited as a means of a second opinion. What a breath of fresh air they were. The course of treatment is decided by the whole team of doctors at a weekly meeting as opposed to a decision being made by one physician. They truly want to ensure they provide the best possible outcomes for their patients on a very sensitive and emotional issue.
Describe the protocols Eyup Duran used in your cycles at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
I was on the antagonist protocol. I started with 3 days of Follistim 225 injections and then on day 4 added 1 vial of Menopur and went to 150 on Follistim. On day 6, I went for my first stim ultrasound and they had measured 13 follicles. I started Ganirelix on day 5 as well and continued the same dosage of the Menopur and Follistim. On day 8, I had my second ultrasound and they measured 15 follicles and continued the same dosage of all three medications. On day 10, I had my third ultrasound and the same 15 follicles were still measured. I also took my last dose of Ganirelix that day and had a dual trigger with Pregnyl and Lupron that night. Retrieval was on day 12 where 10 eggs where retrieved with all 10 being mature.
The nurses were all very knowledgeable and very patient with every question we had. They are quick to return phone calls. They were a pleasure to work with.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
This clinic is phenomenal. I would tell any one else in Iowa (especially the Des Moines area) that a trip down I-80 to the University of Iowa is the best decision you could possibly make. The care team takes each case on an individual basis and selects the best course of treatment for that INDIVIDUAL (as opposed to the standard protocol another clinic in Iowa provides, regardless of the patient's situation). They are excellent at communication and can be reached very easily (again something another clinic in Iowa is absolutely horrible at). You won't be disappointed in choosing U of I to provide your care and help you grow your family.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eyup Duran at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Consult appointment was covered by insurance and after network discount, out of pocket was $317.99 (I am on a high deductible plan and had not yet hit my deductible). The actual IVF care was not covered by my insurance. We were eligible for IOWarranty program which covered all of the medical facility fees throughout the process (including additional transfers if the first failed). This program cost $18,250, with a refund of $13,500 if we did not have a viable 12-week pregnancy. Medications were not covered by my insurance and my out of pocket on those $3,830.86. Their pharmacist did help us to secure the cheapest medications for our protocol which meant we had to use a couple different pharmacies (not a big deal when they all are overnight mail order).
Describe Eyup Duran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
University of Iowa has a strict standard that only one embryo is transferred if you are younger than 38.
Iowa City

When we first met with Dr. Kresowik, she immediately made me feel less anxious. We sat with her for over an hour, and she went through every detail of what to expect, which shows that she truly cares about her patients. ... Dr. Kresowik was very good at communicating with us and explaining the details of their process. ... We never felt rushed during our appointment, which is a problem we had at our previous fertility clinic.
The new clinic on Dodge Street and clinic in Davenport are wonderful and easy to find. ... Everyone at the U of Iowa is wonderful. I have no complaints about their staff; they are all so nice and caring. ... The only weakness is I had to have my IVF cycle pushed back a month because of the move to the new clinic, which was disappointing. Other than that, everything has been wonderful and mostly stress free
Dr. Kresowik was very good at communicating with us and explaining the details of their process. At the first visit, she made us aware that she may not be the doctor that does our retrieval and transfer (they have a team of doctors, and it depends on who is working that day), but she would still be involved in every step of the process. We never felt rushed during our appointment, which is a problem we had at our previous fertility clinic.
I had a fairly normal protocol. I started on Gonal-F (150) for 8 days. Added Menopur (1 vial) on day 4, which was increased to 2 vials on day 6 because I was responding as quickly as they wanted. Cetrotide (250) was started on the morning of day 7. On the night of day 9, I did a dual trigger shot (hCG and Lupron) for egg retrieval on day 11. During this time, I had a baseline ultrasound and blood work 4 days before I started shots. I then had blood work on day 4, and blood work and ultrasound on day 6 and day 9. I had no complications with these medications, besides headaches and feeling a little more tired, but this could have been due to stress.
Describe your experience with your nurse at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: Allie)
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The new clinic on Dodge Street and clinic in Davenport are wonderful and easy to find. The clinic in Davenport was more convenient for us to travel to, so we went here more often. The only weakness is I had to have my IVF cycle pushed back a month because of the move to the new clinic, which was disappointing. Other than that, everything has been wonderful and mostly stress free.
I have insurance, so I don't remember exactly what the overall cost would have been without insurance. I think it was around $20,000 for a cycle, and we paid a quarter of that with insurance.
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
I have not started my IVF cycle yet [with Dr. Rachel Mejia]. But when we do, we are not going to use birth control to suppress my ovaries and are going to be pretty aggressive with injection dosages due to my decreased ovarian reserve and previous IVF cycle at another clinic. We will also not use ICSI due to my husbands sperm counts and morphology being normal...From day one, Dr. Mejia took her time to answer all of our questions. We never feel rushed. She has also called with test results herself and answered all of my questions. She listens to my frustrations/emotions while developing a plan of care.
They [U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care] give you the cost of the consultation which includes ultrasound and lab work. I believe it was around $3,000. IVF will be around $17000...like to do single embryo transfer the most due to the risks that can be associated with a multiples pregnancy...I like how they have a team approach and discuss your case with multiple providers for feedback and plans of care. The front desk staff are pleasant and efficient. As said said before, the nurses, ultrasound techs and providers are all amazing. I always felt at home there. I believe the clinic runs smoothly and they give you all information to help run smoothly.
How was your experience with Rachel Mejia at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
The moment I went to the University of Iowa for a second opinion, I wished I had started from the beginning. Dr. Mejia answered all of my questions, treated me with compassion and also gave me the information I needed regarding realistic expectations. She has continued to answer further questions/follow up on test results. I am about an hour and a half away from the clinic so communication is key. While I have not started my IVF cycle yet due to the need for surgery first, she has helped put my a bit at ease during this journey. I have complete trust in her judgment and capabilities!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Mejia at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Come with questions and don’t be afraid to ask. She is super helpful with answering what you need!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Mejia at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Describe the protocols Rachel Mejia used in your cycles at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
I have not started my IVF cycle yet. But when we do, we are not going to use birth control to suppress my ovaries and are going to be pretty aggressive with injection dosages due to my decreased ovarian reserve and previous IVF cycle at another clinic. We will also not use ICSI due to my husbands sperm counts and morphology being normal.
The nurses have been amazing! I communicate a lot with them through my chart. They have great communication and get back to me in a timely manner! They are super compassionate and just want the best outcome possible just like the providers.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
I really enjoy going to the U of Iowa. I wish I would have started here instead of Mid Iowa. I like how they have a team approach and discuss your case with multiple providers for feedback and plans of care. The front desk staff are pleasant and efficient. As said said before, the nurses, ultrasound techs and providers are all amazing. I always felt at home there. I believe the clinic runs smoothly and they give you all information to help run smoothly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Mejia at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
They give you the cost of the consultation which includes ultrasound and lab work. I believe it was around $3,000. IVF will be around $17000. This is not an exact number.
Describe Rachel Mejia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The U of Iowa like to do single embryo transfer the most due to the risks that can be associated with a multiples pregnancy. Although, I do believe they are open for discussion if the embryos are not of good quality to possibly transfer more than one. That is a discussion you should have with them.
Rachel Mejia

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Kresowik] is easy to talk to and makes you feel like a person not a number... My tube was completely blocked because of endometriosis and there was evidence that it was also inside of my tube so she removed it... She diagnosed me with pcos and did the nessicary blood work to confirm. We started with metformin for the pcos and 5mg Letrozol to induce ovulation...She's very compassionate, and attentive. She makes sure all of my questions and concerns are addressed.
[University of Iowa is a] Great clinic, short wait times. Great staff. The only issue is how long it can take to get an appointment. You get in fast for emergencies, and ultrasounds but general appointments can take a while. The staff is quick to return phone calls so they are always available...All of the nursing staff is simply amazing. Katie has stood out. She personally takes the time to really help me. I wouldn't have survived the emotional strain of the ectopic without her.
She is a great doctor, she is very attentive, she listens to my concerns. She is also very straight forward with treatments and what is best for me. I feel she genuinely cares about her patients and does her best to consol us when we are faced with difficult situations.
Be open and honest with her. She is easy to talk to and makes you feel like a person not a number.
We started with blood work. She diagnosed me with pcos and did the nessicary blood work to confirm. We started with metformin for the pcos and 5mg Letrozol to induce ovulation. I've conceived twice under her watch but lost both but it wasn't anything she did or didn't do. After that we took a break from trying. When I was ready to get back to it, she wanted to do another HSG since my ob did the first one. We found out my left fallopian tube was blocked. We then did exploratory lap surgery to check for endometriosis and try to fix or remove the tube. My tube was completely blocked because of endometriosis and there was evidence that it was also inside of my tube so she removed it. Once I healed we started back of Letrozol 7.5mg. Ovulated on my bad side 2 times. A miracle happened. I ovulated from my left side and my right fallopian tube picked it up and I got pregnant. Then came the bad news. It was ectopic in my only good tube. She wasted no time we did 2 injections of methotrexate and so far we have saved my tube. Due to losses and risks of another ectopic she wants us to move forward with IVF in the near future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: Katie luchtel)
Ultrasounds $350 Appointments $120-200 Surgery $10,000 IVF $16,000 plus meds

2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
The staff [at Univ of IA] is all very organized and professional. The facility is very comfortable and clean. Dr Kresowik is very knowledgeable, empathetic, and has a great bedside manner. The nurses are very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Nurses can sometimes not have all the updated information in front of them when talking to patients, which can be confusing. I'm not sure if the issue is that the doctor didn't provide her notes or if they nurse didn't use the notes.
She explained things very well and patiently answered all of my questions. She gave us our options and let us decide how aggressive be wanted to be with treatment. We never felt pressured to do anything we didn't want to do. Her instructions were very clear and she adjusted my medication with each cycle based on ovulation results and progesterone levels. We love Dr Kresowik! If I could say anything negative, it would be that she didn't think to re-test my husband's count after a year of treatment for me and I suggested we have him re-tested after my surgery to remove adhesions. We got him tested and discovered his count dropped significantly, so I wish we would have thought of it sooner.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, and have them prepared before you talk to her. Be prepared to wait a month or longer to get in to see her, as she books up quickly and is very popular. If you leave a message with a question for the nurses, they usually respond within a day and are very knowledgeable and helpful. They can talk to Dr Kresowik on your behalf so you don't have to wait around for an appt with her (or pay for it). If you're working on your own treatment, don't forget to regularly get your husband's count checked, at least annually, or I would say every 6 months.
She was gentle, calm, and empathetic in her conversations, smiled a lot, answered all of my questions patiently, gave us lots of options and the power to choose the path we want to take.
Dr Kresowik did an ultrasound and found that I have polycystic ovaries and based on my symptoms, diagnosed me with PCOS and recommended lifestyle changes and medication to help me ovulate. She also did an HSG to see if my tubes were clear since I had an appendectomy as a child and had a risk factor. I signed up to be part of a clinical trial using letrozole (femara) and clomid for my first treatment cycle. Since it helped me ovulate, Dr Kresowik continued trying different combinations of these medications to find what helped me ovulate and increase my progesterone level. When the medicated cycles didn't get me pregnant, we decided to do exploratory laparoscopy due to previous appendectomy. She removed a significant number of adhesions and did ovarian wedge resection on my left ovary which was enlarged. Then, we discovered my husband's low sperm count, and she recommended he consult with Dr Tim Kresowik, her husband and urologist, who we really liked. He prescribed him clomid and some supplements to increase his count. After a couple months he did a re-count and it improved, so we were recommended for IUI. We attempted 1 IUI cycle with clomid and letrozole, but no pregnancy. We will be attempting another cycle soon.
They are very knowledgeable, kind, and respond to messages within a day. I have had 1 instance of a nurse providing me conflicting information and 1 instance of a nurse not returning my phone call and missing out on medication for an IUI cycle (so we decided to skip that cycle). Other than that, they are great!
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The staff is all very organized and professional. The facility is very comfortable and clean. Dr Kresowik is very knowledgeable, empathetic, and has a great bedside manner. The nurses are very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Nurses can sometimes not have all the updated information in front of them when talking to patients, which can be confusing. I'm not sure if the issue is that the doctor didn't provide her notes or if they nurse didn't use the notes.
I was billed for office visits and treatments with Dr Kresowik, but not for phone calls into the office. My medications were purchased separately from Walgreens. They worked with my insurance providers and mailed the bill to me for the balance. I could also view my balance and test results in their online portal.
I have no experience here.
My husband's sperm count should have been checked prior to my surgery, since correcting his low count issue is time consuming, and I would have preferred that he was ready to go soon after my surgery, in case my adhesions grew back and interfered with my fertility.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Honestly, I wish there were more doctors out there like Dr Kresowick. If she could be my doctor for everything she would be. My experience as a patient has been amazing. She is always honest and upfront about things but caring when she says them. I finally got a diagnosis of PCOS and so she explained well. My first round we had to change some treatments so we could do IUI. Every experience with Dr. has been wonderful!
Walking in it is clean and you will great Stephanie the lady at the front desk. She is sweet and always multi tasking but she makes you feel welcome! The clinic [U of Iowa Ctr for Advanced Reproductive Care] is busy but you never feel like you are rushed out. Their strengths are that the nurses and doctor make you feel welcomed and taken care of. It is a clean facility that has a desk in each office to talk. Each person you work with is honest and kind. The only weekness is that first consultation appointment can take a while to get into.
You will not regret it! The money is hard to swallow but the care and love you will feel is worth it all! Take every day one step at a time. The emotional Roller coaster is hard but you got this! You are in good hands!
I felt like I was treated as a human because she always had a smile on her face when she saw up. She always called us by name! She gave us hope and truly spent extra time with us when we had questions or needed extra care. For example this process is hard and when you have been going through it for about 3 years you have some stress in your life and one day our appointment was only supposed to be a half hour but she took almost an hour with us to make sure we understood and helped with some of my self care. She missed out on lunch because she wanted to make us feel like this is going to work ! She is ABSOLUTELY amazing!
With my diagnosis of PCOS and tha small chance of it happening with clomid we decided to not try that. Plus I had done 3 cycles with another doctor and they were not successful. The first round of IUI I did not ovulate (well get a positive on the stick) so we had to cancel the first round. The second try they had me come in for a ultrasound to be able to schedule my IUI! That worked out well and I did the trigger shot in my belly. We have done 3 rounds of that. At that point we decided to talk with Dr. because all three didn’t work and the money we were spending was starting to add up because our insurance does not cover at all. We are at the point of IVF is our next phase and we are just waiting for the chance to be able to!
Describe your experience with your nurse at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: Amanda )
The nursing staff is absolutely wonderful! They are so caring and sweet! It was always shocking to me that all of them would say hello with the bright smile and ask how you were doing. They all just had such pure joy! Made you feel welcome and in good hands!
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Walking in it is clean and you will great Stephanie the lady at the front desk. She is sweet and always multi tasking but she makes you feel welcome! The clinic is busy but you never feel like you are rushed out. Their strengths are that the nurses and doctor make you feel welcomed and taken care of. It is a clean facility that has a desk in each office to talk. Each person you work with is honest and kind. The only weekness is that first consultation appointment can take a while to get into.
Consultation and initial tests- some were covered under insurance so it was about $800.00. That includes appointment and an ultrasound. IUI were $412.00 and my ultrasound was $363.00. Ivf- don’t have the official price yet because we have to see if we qualify for the guarantee program.
No idea. Not there yet.

2014 - 2018, Successful
The main thing I remember [about treatment with Dr. Kresowik] is only being able to transfer one embryo as I am considered high risk for pregnancy. We are self pay and I was devastated that they wouldn’t let us transfer two...I understand it but it was a tough pill to swallow...She takes as much time as needed for you to talk through your emotions when discussing things. She is very comforting and reassuring that they will do all they can but doesn’t blow smoke either. She is honest about the numbers and success rates, etc.
The nurses [at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care] are wonderful. They know who you are when you come in and some recognize your voice on the phone. When we’ve had failed cycles, the nurses grieve with us...Total cost for fresh ivf cycle was $27,000...they only allowed us to transfer one embryo as I am high risk for premature delivery (first child born at 26 weeks). The embryo was graded excellent so they only allowed one.
She spent time discussing our course of action with my cycle as my previous pregnancy/delivery made e high risk. She was a new Dr to me as my previous dr retired and she truly wanted to learn all she could about my history from me as opposed to just looking briefly at my chart.
Don’t be afraid to open up and discuss emotions, as emotions are a big part of fertility treatments. She treats the whole patient, but just the womb.
The main thing I remember is only being able to transfer one embryo as I am considered high risk for pregnancy. We are self pay and I was devastated that they wouldn’t let us transfer two, just to give us the best chance of success but my first child was delivered at 26 weeks and they would only allow the transfer of one embryo. I understand it but it was a tough pill to swallow.
The nurses are wonderful. They know who you are when you come in and some recognize your voice on the phone. When we’ve had failed cycles, the nurses grieve with us.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The clinic in Davenport is amazing. They are all so friendly and get to know their patients. The clinic in Iowa city is so well organized and everyone is very kind and informative it just runs like a well oiled machine!
Total cost for fresh ivf cycle was $27,000
As mentioned before, they only allowed us to transfer one embryo as I am high risk for premature delivery (first child born at 26 weeks). The embryo was graded excellent so they only allowed one.
Iowa City

I first met Dr. Kresowik at my first HSG procedure. Dr. Duran had completed my consultation and it was very obvious they had communicated with one another my treatment plan. Before the procedure, Dr. Kresowik checked on me in the pre-op room and was very comforting while being honest about how it was going to be painful. During the procedure, she talked to me and made sure I knew what was going to happen. Immediately following the HSG, she showed me the results and even though they weren't great, she was reassuring that we would still be able to get pregnant eventually.
The University of Iowa has a Quad City Campus which is the one I go to. It is clean and comfortable. The consultation room was big enough for my husband and I to meet with the nurse and still have plenty of room.... I have yet to find a weakness in Dr. Kresowik's nursing staff. Everyone I have talked to has been warm and compassionate while trying to answer all of my crazy questions. When I message or call the nursing staff, they are quick to return my message and make sure I understand what is going on before moving on.
Dr. Kresowik is kind, compassionate, and honest. Even on one of the worst days yet confirming what I new was wrong, she was reassuring and positive. She wanted to make sure we got a follow-up appointment set up right away to make sure we could develop a treatment plan as soon as possible.
The one piece of advice I would give a prospective patient of Dr. Kresowik would be to go in with an open mind. Try not to worry and be anxious as she truly does have your best interest in mind and understanding that you want to be a parent.
The only procedure I have had under Dr. Kresowik is an HSG. My regular obgyn had prescribed Clomid, so instead of venturing down the same path and wasting time, she wanted to get a diagnostic test done before future treatments. The procedure did confirm my diagnosis and she stated she is confident she can develop a plan next time we meet.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Dr. Kresowik is considered an in-network doctor for me, so I only ended up paying $20 for my consultation. Blood work has been under $5. My HSG is still pending but without insurance, it is $2,000.

2015 - 2017, Successful
[Dr. Jessica Kresowick has an] Excellent bedside manner - extremely knowledgeable. She predicted our potential retrieval outcomes from the beginning based off my issues. Doctor was always realistic yet positive. Going through infertility and all it entails is a nightmare - having a doctor like Dr. Jessica to be the one holding your hand through it all made it possible. I am extremely science based and research oriented. I am an advocate for my own care and I didn't once question the path or decisions Dr. Jessica was making along our path. My husband and I cannot say enough good things about her. She is amazing.
Dr. Jessica's nursing staff [at University of Iowa] was amazing. Amanda and Allie helped me through so much - and would facilitate in "talking me off the ledge" when I called or emailed freaked out or upset about a step in the process or results. They really dealt with me well. Their knowledge was always premiere and their compassion and bedside manner never lacking.... Expect your appointments to be lengthy. You cannot go into this process expecting to pop in and out of appointments. There are no weaknesses that I can think of.
Do your own research but trust her. She really is the best.
My clinic treated me and my husband like family. My doctor held me when sobbing before going in for a D&C after my miscarriage. They never once treated us like a number - we were always individuals there to try and become parents, nothing less.
I had tubal blockage due to Endometriosis that was diagnosed after a lap which resulted in a salpingectomy of my left tube. Due to this I was also diagnosed as DOR. All of these factors resulted in me being put on a Non-OCP Antagon Priming Protocol. I had expected responses each time. Dr told me from the beginning she expected to retrieve about 10 eggs from me at retrieval. Each time was very close to that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: Amanda and Allie were my main nurses)
Dr. Jessica's nursing staff was amazing. Amanda and Allie helped me through so much - and would facilitate in "talking me off the ledge" when I called or emailed freaked out or upset about a step in the process or results. They really dealt with me well. Their knowledge was always premiere and their compassion and bedside manner never lacking.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
We had insurance coverage but we still paid over 12k out of pocket for our treatments.
The University of Iowa had strict policies regarding this. My doctor supported them as did my husband and I.

2015 - 2017, Successful
I would of never been able to go through my tumultuous infertility battle without the support, guidance and help of Dr. Jessica [Kresowik]. Her bedside manner is amazing....I've never seen another doctor show the compassion that Dr. Jessica showed me. Dr. Jessica was spot on with all of my treatments and predictions as far as my egg retrievals went.... I have DOR due to endometriosis. My protocols were always Non-OCP EPP. (No Oral Contraceptives Estrogen Priming Protocols) to make sure to not make my ovaries TOO calm so they wouldn't react to the stims.
Amanda and Allie [U of Iowa Ctr for Advanced Repro Care] were great - they were always punctual in getting back to my emails or calls and always had excellent customer service. I couldn't of done it without them as well. Gretchen, our ultrasound technician, was also amazing and so integral to our process.... This whole process is very time consuming - don't ever go to an appointment expecting to be able to get done quickly. This is a time investment along with all the other forms of investment you will be doing.
I had a MMC and D&C after our second transfer and it was horribly emotional. I woke up from anesthesia and after seeing my husband the first person I called for was Dr. Jessica. Later once I was in recovery she came and talked to me and gave me the biggest hug while I was crying over the loss of my unborn daughter. I've never seen another doctor show the compassion that Dr. Jessica showed me. Dr. Jessica was spot on with all of my treatments and predictions as far as my egg retrievals went. I had immense trust in her to get us our baby into our arms and through our perseverance and her knowledge and care we achieved that in May 2017 with the birth of our beautiful daughter.
Trust her, ask all the questions you need to - but trust her. She knows what is best for you in getting the best results.
I would of never been able to go through my tumultuous infertility battle without the support, guidance and help of Dr. Jessica. Her bedside manner is amazing.
I have DOR due to endometriosis. My protocols were always Non-OCP EPP. (No Oral Contraceptives Estrogen Priming Protocols) to make sure to not make my ovaries TOO calm so they wouldn't react to the stims. I stimmed for usually 10-12 days. My first retrieval we got 11 eggs, my second we only got 5 due to a mistake by the retrieving doctor (not Dr. Jessica). My first transfer was a CP, seocond transfer (two embryos) was a MMC and resulting D&C of my daughter Anne. My third transfer (two embryos) resulted in a successful singleton pregnancy with my daughter born May 2017. I unfortunately have no leftover eggs frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: Amanda/Allie)
Amanda and Allie were great - they were always punctual in getting back to my emails or calls and always had excellent customer service. I couldn't of done it without them as well. Gretchen, our ultrasound technician, was also amazing and so integral to our process.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
My first round was covered under insurance - but we still had to pay almost 3k out of pocket on top of that. We are about to undergo a egg retrieval for freezing needs and it will be about $8500 out of pocket and that does not include my meds we pay for separately.

2014 - 2015, Successful
[Dr. Kresowik] Always made time to talk with us and to ensure we understood the process. Always kind and patient. We never felt rushed out the door. We were always told all of our options, and always had our concerns taken seriously...We tried IUI since it was male factor infertility. My husband was sterile from chemo, but we had frozen sperm before treatment. The thought process was that since there was no known female infertility, the pre chemo sperm may be enough to get pregnant. After 3 IUI's, we moved on to IVF. Our fresh cycle was not successful, but the next transfer with frozen worked! Since motility wasn't great in the frozen sperm, ICSI was performed, and it worked like a charm
The clinic [University of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care] has off campus locations in other bordering cities, making it convenient for anyone who does not live in Iowa City, and may be closer to one of the other clinics. So, for an ultrasound or regular office visit, I was able to go to an office in the city where I live...All [nurses] were so positive and upbeat. One even hugged me after I told her we were going to move on to IVF. She was always rooting for us! Nurses would cross fingers for us, give us positive thoughts. It was always motivational going to my visits
Ask questions! She is more than willing to answer, but if you don't ask, you'll basically be getting very general information.
Always very kind and personable. Always there to answer questions.
All were so positive and upbeat. One even hugged me after I told her we were going to move on to IVF. She was always rooting for us! Nurses would cross fingers for us, give us positive thoughts. It was always motivational going to my visits
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The clinic has off campus locations in other bordering cities, making it convenient for anyone who does not live in Iowa City, and may be closer to one of the other clinics. So, for an ultrasound or regular office visit, I was able to go to an office in the city where I live, as opposed to driving an hour away for a 15 minute office visit.
My insurance covered most costs of IUI'S. We paid out of pocket for our medications for ivf, but qualified for greenlight rebate program. It cost us about 2k out of pocket for meds and. We ran everything else through insurance. Ended up costing around 1200 out of pocket after insurance
They prefer to only transfer one if you've never had a failed cycle before. There are other factors, like age and diagnosis as well. After a failed cycle, they will transfer 2, but I don't believe they ever transfer more than 3.
Iowa City
She [Dr. Kresowik] is very kind and calming. It's clear that she knows what she is doing, but she's also patient with questions and explaining everything -- even when you need it "dumbed down." I really like that she laid out percentages of what each treatment's chance was of working and also explained how each treatment works. I left with a clear plan of what we will do. I've only had my consultation so far (I start an IUI next cycle), but I've been impressed so far.
Everything has been speedy so far, and I love that I don't feel I'm wasting time for test results or anything like that. Everyone was also very nice and compassionate. My experiences so far are limited, but it's definitely been one of the best experiences I've had with any doctor or clinic [U of Iowa Center for Adv Repro Care] ever. ... Everyone was very quick to get us in and get things going. They were very efficient without making us feel rushed.
She is very kind and calming. It's clear that she knows what she is doing, but she's also patient with questions and explaining everything -- even when you need it "dumbed down." I really like that she laid out percentages of what each treatment's chance was of working and also explained how each treatment works. I left with a clear plan of what we will do. I've only had my consultation so far (I start an IUI next cycle), but I've been impressed so far.
It may be overwhelming, so going in with a list of questions you have may be helpful so that you can remember everything.
She was very kind and patient, as was everyone in the clinic. I was amazed at how quickly everything went -- not having to wait was very nice and a good change!
I've only had my consultation so far, but our plan is 3 or 4 IUI rounds and then moving to IVF after that since we are unexplained.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Everything has been speedy so far, and I love that I don't feel I'm wasting time for test results or anything like that. Everyone was also very nice and compassionate. My experiences so far are limited, but it's definitely been one of the best experiences I've had with any doctor or clinic ever.
I haven't received a bill or anything, but I had a $35 copay through insurance for my consult.
Iowa City
All the nurses [at U of Iowa Center] are very passionate. They always meet with the patients and there when hard conversations happen. There is always a hug!...The U of I usually pushes to only transfer 1 embryo...once you are in cycle, it’s so easy to get the appt times you need/want. They just moved to a new clinic so it’s a lot more convenient for patients!...He [Dr. Abey Eapen] truly cared for me and my husband. Asked questions about how I was doing. He shared many of our emotions...I wasn’t just a number. He cared about me and my well being with the process...When he asked how I was doing after a miscarriage. He didn’t want me to say fine. He wanted to know all my emotions. He recommended a therapist and made sure my mental health was being taken care of.
How was your experience with Abey Eapen at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
I wasn’t just a number. He cared about me and my well being with the process. When throngs were devastating, he was there to help me through it and truly cared. When he asked how I was doing after a miscarriage. He didn’t want me to say fine. He wanted to know all my emotions. He recommended a therapist and made sure my mental health was being taken care of.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abey Eapen at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
He is so genuine and professional. Once he opens up, it’s easy to joke with him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abey Eapen at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
He truly cared for me and my husband. Asked questions about how I was doing. He shared many of our emotions.
Describe the protocols Abey Eapen used in your cycles at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
He told me about superstitions like eating pineapple, taking baby aspirin, and having lucky socks. The medical protocol was always explained with what it would do and side effects.
Describe your experience with your nurse at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Maifeld)
All the nurses are very passionate. They always meet with the patients and there when hard conversations happen. There is always a hug!
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
They have up and down time. Sometimes the down time isn’t ideal. But once you are in cycle, it’s so easy to get the appt times you need/want. They just moved to a new clinic so it’s a lot more convenient for patients!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abey Eapen at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
We are fortunate to have medical insurance to cover. The costs are very average within the US
Describe Abey Eapen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The U of I usually pushes to only transfer 1 embryo. The odds aren’t any higher if there is 1 or 2.
Abey Eapen
Iowa City

Dr. Kresowik is very friendly, and didnt make me feel like I was just another patient to her. She took time to listen to me, and my husband. She remembered my problems and talks that we had in the clinic. Had other drs who didnt seem to even remember who I was, let alone why I was there. Dr. Kresowik is not like that....The medications i used was letrozole 40mg, clomid 10mg, trigger injections, and follistim 75 units, then 100 units
Strength is everyone at the clinic [U of Iowa] is super nice, and caring. Upon checking is, they always knew my name before I told them. No one ever made me feel uncomfortable or that I wasn't important. Weakness, maybe that she is a good dr and sometimes its hard to get an appt because shes full or busy. But they do the best they can to fit you in as quickly as possible.... [nurses] Explained things very good, didnt leave answers unanswered. Knew what they was doing and talking about.
Dr. Kresowik is very kind, friendly and caring. She listens and takes your cares, and feelings into account. She explains things and makes it easy to understand. When I seen her, I felt like an individual, and that she really cared about me. I wasn't compared to others who attended her clinic.
If you have questions, or dont understand something then ask. She will take the time to listen , and explain so you do.
Describe your experience with your nurse at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: Katie and Allie)
Very good. Caring, and easy to talk to. Explained things very good, didnt leave answers unanswered. Knew what they was doing and talking about.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Strength is everyone at the clinic is super nice, and caring. Upon checking is, they always knew my name before I told them. No one ever made me feel uncomfortable or that I wasn't important. Weakness, maybe that she is a good dr and sometimes its hard to get an appt because shes full or busy. But they do the best they can to fit you in as quickly as possible.
The visit itself, ultrasounds $250 (I think), IUI $400
Did not do a transfer
2011 - 2016, Successful
We used several different strategies [with Dr. Bradley Van Voorhis] including a standard cycle, a micro flare cycle, and estrogen priming. I felt they used the results from previous cycles to help make the best decisions for me. While we never produced lots of embryos to freeze, we were blessed with 75% of our cycles resulting in pregnancy.... Dr. Van Voohris is extremely knowledgeable. He respects the patients wishes while also sharing likelihood of success. He involves the patient in decision making and is respectful of the financial and emotional issues involved in treatment.
The nursing staff [at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care] was helpful with timelines and schedules. I often saw the same nurses which helped with consistency. They followed up with the doctor and got back to me as needed.... The clinic is clean, well organized, and timely. They have a good clinical team and the doctors work together for treatment. They have a dedicated waiting room which is nice for infertility patients.
How was your experience with Bradley Van Voorhis at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradley Van Voorhis at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Be sure to go in with the questions you want answered as he will be very capable of answering them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradley Van Voorhis at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
He addressed my concerns and questions in a straightforward and kind manner. He was honest about our odds, but respectful of our needs.
Describe the protocols Bradley Van Voorhis used in your cycles at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
We used several different strategies including a standard cycle, a micro flare cycle, and estrogen priming. I felt they used the results from previous cycles to help make the best decisions for me. While we never produced lots of embryos to freeze, we were blessed with 75% of our cycles resulting in pregnancy.
The nursing staff was helpful with timelines and schedules. I often saw the same nurses which helped with consistency. They followed up with the doctor and got back to me as needed.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradley Van Voorhis at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Do not recall exact costs
Describe Bradley Van Voorhis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
I feel the doctors are very aware of the best way to get good results for patients that are safe and effective.

2015, Successful
She [Dr. Shah] was very honest and compassionate. This wasn't our first cycle so we knew what to expect, but she still went over everything thoroughly. Overall she just came off warm and caring at a point in our lives when we were fragile...she embraces educating her patients on their treatment...We used a very strong protocol with ganorelix. I did not produce a lot of mature oocytes. And our fertilization rates were low as well. With PGD and PGS after all.of this we typically ended up with 1 or 2 embryos per cycle.
Dr. Sparks in the lab [at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care] is at the top of her field and does an excellent job teaching you about the process. I felt knowledgable about our situation and the process. Appointments run on time and there wasn't a long wait to get in initially...[The nurses were] Absolutely amazing!!! I came to love these women, from the ultrasound tech's to nurses they went above and beyond to welcome you into this family.
She was very honest and compassionate. This wasn't our first cycle so we knew what to expect, but she still went over everything thoroughly. Overall she just came off warm and caring at a point in our lives when we were fragile.
Ask all the questions, even if they sound silly to you, she embraces educating her patients on their treatment.
She was so verswd on our history it was like she was instantly apart of our team. She worked hard to build trust and was totally honest.
Describe your experience with your nurse at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: Jan)
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
This is the premier clinic.in the area, I would not think about going anywhere else, ever!! Dr. Sparks in the lab is at the top of her field and does an excellent job teaching you about the process. I felt knowledgable about our situation and the process. Appointments run on time and there wasn't a long wait to get in initially.
Our insurance paid 80% after we met our deductible of $2000, but PGD and PGS were not.covered, so we spent $7000 out of pocket on that each cycle.
Strong preference for SET. Very concerned with health and safety of mother.
Divya Shah

2020, Consult
Dr. Eapen was very straightforward. We asked a question and he would answer it honestly. He asked us what we wanted to do and made his suggestions. I was very pleased with the testing he ordered to get us some answers....seemed to really care about me as a patient. He actually spent time talking with my husband and I to get to know us. He asked us what we wanted. He asks me to keep in touch every cycle and is very fast with responding to me. He is a very kind person.
The nursing staff [at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care] was very friendly and seemed to do their job proficiently...My insurance doesn't cover any infertility treatments. My initial appointment cost about $400...The clinic is very calming. I was surprised to walk in and see how the waiting area is set up. It's like a private little booth to wait in, it really helped calm my nerves. The exam room also seemed "relaxing" for lack of a better word. The lab staff and ultrasound tech were very friendly as well. It doesn't feel so "clinical"
Be honest about what you want and advocate for yourself. Dr. Eapen seems to be very understanding but he is a straightforward guy.
Dr. Eapen seemed to really care about me as a patient. He actually spent time talking with my husband and I to get to know us. He asked us what we wanted. He asks me to keep in touch every cycle and is very fast with responding to me. He is a very kind person.
The nursing staff was very friendly and seemed to do their job proficiently.
Abey Eapen
2007 - 2011, Successful
Without question, an expert in this field! I give Dr. Ryan my highest recommendation and I would return for future treatments. Patient. Understanding. Gentle. Available. Caring. Hard working. Reassuring. Expert. Supported by amazing staff and at amazing hospital. Answers questions thoroughly...Dr. Ryan explained everything, was compassionate, and got us the results we so desperately wanted on the first cycle...I did a fresh IVF cycle with single blastocyst transfer.
This team [at University of Iowa] is the best in technical expertise and patient care...[ the nurses] Great communication and support. Excellent response times...I did a fresh IVF cycle with single blastocyst transfer... Supported by amazing staff and at amazing hospital.
How was your experience with Ginny Ryan at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Without question, an expert in this field! I give Dr. Ryan my highest recommendation and I would return for future treatments. Patient. Understanding. Gentle. Available. Caring. Hard working. Reassuring. Expert. Supported by amazing staff and at amazing hospital. Answers questions thoroughly. Without question, an expert in this field! I give Dr. Ryan my highest recommendation and I would return for future treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ginny Ryan at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Trust Dr. Ryan.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ginny Ryan at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Describe the protocols Ginny Ryan used in your cycles at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
I did a fresh IVF cycle with single blastocyst transfer.
Great communication and support. Excellent response times.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Do not waste your time or money elsewhere. This team is the best in technical expertise and patient care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ginny Ryan at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Don't remember.
Describe Ginny Ryan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Dr. Ryan insisted on eSET because we had an amazing hatching blastocyst available. I was hesitant about this because I had experienced multiple fresh cycle failures in the past at another clinic. I put my trust in Dr. Ryan and was blessed with a healthy singleton pregnancy resulting in a beautiful baby girl at full term.
Ginny Ryan
Iowa City
He [Dr. Bradley Van Voorhis] knows exactly what he is doing and we fully trusted him with our experience! He kept us informed through our whole cycle and he made sure we were comfortable with everything that was going on. He did our transfer and he was very personable during the whole thing. He made sure we were in the know and knew exactly what was happening durning the transfer!
A typical cycle [at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care] is 10,000 but they have a finance lady that works with you and your insurance!...They truly cared about us and wanted to do everything they could for us to get a positive cycle!...We will be going back to them for future transfers of our frozen embryos! We got pregnant on our first IVF cycle with the U we fully trust them and their protocol!...
He knows exactly what he is doing and we fully trusted him with our experience! He kept us informed through our whole cycle and he made sure we were comfortable with everything that was going on. He did our transfer and he was very personable during the whole thing. He made sure we were in the know and knew exactly what was happening durning the transfer!
Fully trust him! He knows what he is doing!
He truly cared about our cycle and wanting the best for us.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The U of I is amazing!! We would recommend anyone to this clinic! They are the top of the line for IVF!! We will be going back to them for future transfers of our frozen embryos! We got pregnant on our first IVF cycle with the U we fully trust them and their protocol!
A typical cycle is 10,000 but they have a finance lady that works with you and your insurance!
Iowa City

He [Dr. Eyup Duran] was very compassionate and took time to explain everything. He made me feel at ease and was able to provide answers and knowledge my local OB-Gyns could not. He was understanding, had an appropriate sense of humor.... ICSI for low motility. Cannot remember specific protocol for retrieval... [Univ of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care has] Easy scheduling, low wait times once you arrived for your appointment, professional, and courteous. There was one scheduler who seemed impatient. Expressed concerns to a nurse who was very reassuring and never had that experience again
[Univ of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care has] Easy scheduling, low wait times once you arrived for your appointment, professional, and courteous. There was one scheduler who seemed impatient. Expressed concerns to a nurse who was very reassuring and never had that experience again... ICSI for low motility. Cannot remember specific protocol for retrieval
He was very compassionate and took time to explain everything. He made me feel at ease and was able to provide answers and knowledge my local OB-Gyns could not. He was understanding, had an appropriate sense of humor.
You’ll be in good hands.
Compassionate. Took time to explain and answer questions.
ICSI for low motility. Cannot remember specific protocol for retrieval
Wonderful.
Approximately $12500?
Iowa City
Dr. Duran helped me to treat debilitating iron deficiency anemia and menorrhagia while preserving my uterus for future frozen embryo transfer. Other doctors has given me little hope of using my frozen embryos in the future due to this condition...Dr. Duran found a solution to my problem when others could not. He answered my questions thoroughly...Dr. Duran explained every option and found the one that would work best for me. He was compassionate and solved my problem.
[The nursing staff at University of Iowa were] Lovely, helpful, knowledgeable...Dr. Duran helped me to treat debilitating iron deficiency anemia and menorrhagia while preserving my uterus for future frozen embryo transfer. Other doctors has given me little hope of using my frozen embryos in the future due to this condition...Dr. Duran found a solution to my problem when others could not. He answered my questions thoroughly.
Dr. Duran found a solution to my problem when others could not. He answered my questions thoroughly. My life went from terrible to great because of Dr. Duran's compassionate and expert treatment solution. I am very thankful for him.
Call to get treatment from Dr. Duran right away. He is amazing.
Lovely, helpful, knowledgeable.
The best.
All
2015, Successful
He [Dr Duran] was down to earth, honest and had a plan beyond this cycle in case it was another bfn. He spent 45 minutes with us discussing all our concerns and past treatment...He was very invested in our journey, knowledgeable and explain things on our level...We had done 4 IUI prior but I felt timing was off so we proceeded with the same course of action because he felt confident our chances were good. I did a final round of Femara and IUI with success...The nurse did our IUI procedure and even let my husband assist and explained everything very well...Great flow, everyone was very friendly from front staff, ultrasound, nurses and doctor
Be open and honest
He was down to earth, honest and had a plan beyond this cycle in case it was another bfn. He spent 45 minutes with us discussing all our concerns and past treatment.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Great flow, everyone was very friendly from front staff, ultrasound, nurses and doctora
Our insurance covered nearly everything
2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Bradley Van Voorhis of University of Iowa Advanced Reproductive Care] was honest with me and told me the truth and not just what I wanted to hear. He was also nice and compassionate...He is a wonderful Doctor. He changed my life and I will be forever grateful to him!
He can help. He is extremely intelligent. Listen to what he says and he can help you.
He was honest with me and told me the truth and not just what I wanted to hear. He was also nice and compassionate.
Extremely compassionate!!!