Genetic counseling: Offered
2123 Auburn Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45219
7675 Wellness Way
West Chester, OH 45069
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UC Health Center for Reproductive Health to a friend?

3 doctors
Calling [UC Health Center] to contact and IVF nurse or your doctor can be a process which may be due to the volume of clientele. You must first call the call center they put a note into the nurses station. Once the nurses have time to contact you or the doctor it can be sometimes 30 mins, hours possibly a day or so depending on the urgency....The technician that was outsourced by the coinic I go to asked me how I was while drawing my blood and said she was sorry for what had happened. Resulting in me asking what she was speaking in reference to.
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Communication is key with being in contact with your medical staff. Calling to contact and IVF nurse or your doctor can be a process which may be due to the volume of clientele. You must first call the call center they put a note into the nurses station. Once the nurses have time to contact you or the doctor it can be sometimes 30 mins, hours possibly a day or so depending on the urgency. I’ve spoken with other IVF patients across the state and they’ve not heard a process such as this.... again I know it’s due to volume of each individual clinic but I wish they had a better source of communication.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Suruchi Thakore at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
I felt as though She treated me like Hope was just around the corner with the proper timing and medication. She ensured me after my previous miscarriage that it’s good that I can get pregnant it’s just a matter of sustaining the pregnancy. She has a positive spin on even the worst of situations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Katherine)
Katherine is very thorough and understands concerns and question while answering them very well. She does not think of you as a number but a patient she is helping in a very tough and personal journey. She is very kind and thoughtful.
What specific things went wrong at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
How was your experience with Suruchi Thakore at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
I believe that she is a comfortable doctor to communicate with. The first Dr. that I saw in the practice did not appear to be a good fit after a few visits. It just so happened I saw her for an appointment one day and really felt comfortable under her care. I felt a better understanding and how she was planning to get the best out of each cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Suruchi Thakore at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
Take notes, listen, ask all and any questions (nothing is ever a silly question) and know that they are doing the best they can to get you pregnant
Describe the protocols Suruchi Thakore used in your cycles at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
During my FET’s that I had under her care. We monitored my progesterone and ran a lot of blood work to ensure my dosage was changed accordingly. Being vegan and her knowing my dietary status it was made sure I was on proper prenatals and each ultrasound was analyzed and looked at carefully. During my transfers I was explained each step of the way and kept as calm as possible during each.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Suruchi Thakore at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
The retrieval of the embryos was $10,000 I had 3 retrieval’s that were $1,500+ I also had a hysteroscopy which was $1,500. Each ultrasound appointment was a co pay of $35 I went on average 2x a week I’ve been undergoing treatment for over a year.
Describe Suruchi Thakore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
I had 36 eggs retrieved 6 made it to maturity and to freeze. I had to opt to freezing them due to OHSS I was hospitalized for 4 days due to fluid retention and swelling. 1 cycle passed and 1 embryo was transferred the first time, both sides of my family genetically carry twins. The risk of multiples was a concern. When resulting in a negative beta we moved forward with 2 which resulted in a single pregnancy that I lost at 7 1/2 weeks. She suggested after this cycle to have another 2 transferred which one embryo did not make the thaw resulting in our last two embryos to transfer with a negative result. My progesterone dropped to low to sustain pregnancy
West Chester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Suruchi Thakore at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The clinic's strength is compassion and quality of care. They [UC Health Center] truly do all they can to give you the best possibility of a positive outcome. The staff is caring and knowledgeable. The only weakness I experienced was a lack of directions with some of the medications. We were given a brief education day with the nurse before round 1 of IVF, but after that we received no additional instructions even when the meds changed. When I contacted the clinic for answers,
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
The clinic's strength is compassion and quality of care. They truly do all they can to give you the best possibility of a positive outcome. The staff is caring and knowledgeable. The only weakness I experienced was a lack of directions with some of the medications. We were given a brief education day with the nurse before round 1 of IVF, but after that we received no additional instructions even when the meds changed. When I contacted the clinic for answers, they were very helpful and answered all of my questions, but it makes you panic when you have to take your meds at a specific time and there are no instructions to be found!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julie Sroga at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
Dr. (Sroga) Rios always treated us with compassion and care, while still being honest with us about our situation. Dr. (Sroga) Rios knew our names on site, without looking at a chart. My husband goes by his middle name and not once did she ever refer to him by his given name. The entire team at UC Health is extremely caring and dedicated to helping their patients get the best possible treatment and outcome.
Katherine was amazing! She was available for questions and never made us feel like we were asking a "dumb" question. The entire nursing staff looked out for us and tried to make us as comfortable as possible during our entire cycle. They eased our fears when we didn't know what to expect, and always had a bright and positive outlook to make us feel confident when we left the clinic.
How was your experience with Julie Sroga at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
My experience with Dr. (Sroga) Rios was excellent! Although IVF visits are typically brief, she always made sure our questions were answered before she left the room. She was honest, yet kind and never made us feel like we were just another couple. She understood that we paid a lot of money and that we wanted to do everything within our power to help get a positive outcome. She made us feel like it was a partnership with her, and not a dictatorship. She laid out our treatment options and gave us time to make informed decisions. She was supportive of us as a couple, and truly made our experience top-notch! The IVF process is a very stressful time, and having her on our side put my mind at ease (at least a little!).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julie Sroga at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
My advice would be to do you research before you meet with Dr. (Sroga) Rios. She has a wealth of knowledge and will answer your questions, but she doesn't know what you do and don't know. Dr. Rios will not always tell you what you want to hear, but she won't leave you without options.
Describe the protocols Julie Sroga used in your cycles at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
My first IVF cycle they retrieved eggs, but none made it to blast, so we were unable to transfer any embryos. We discussed the potential issues, and Dr. Rios adjusted my medications for round 2 to help improve our odds. My egg quality did improve during round 2 of IVF, and we even had 1 egg make it to blast stage. We transferred 2, but the beta test came back negative. We had a consultation and discussed our options for another round with Dr. Rios and asked if there were any other treatment options available to help with egg quality. We were open with her that this was our last try (due to financial constraints) with IVF, and she was honest with us stating she supported a third round but would not recommend any additional if it did not work. We added human growth hormone to our protocol for round 3, and had 2 eggs make it to blast and 1 very close. We transferred all 3 and I am now 5.5 months pregnant with a single child!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julie Sroga at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
The IVF treatment including retrieval and transfer was $10,600. The medications were in addition to that and were another $5,600
Describe Julie Sroga's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Dr. Rios supported our wishes to transfer multiple embryos due to my age and egg quality. The most she agreed to transfer was 3, which was our maximum anyway.
Julie Sroga
West Chester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Julie Sroga at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.

It [UC Health Center for Reproductive Health] is somewhat newer clinic so they may not have done that many IVFs as some of other clinic in the clinic. But physicians in the clinic are all very well trained, very easy to communicate with and are tailoring to our needs regarding what we prefer in terms of communication style. All staff members are very friendly and very prompt in responding to message and it is very easy to make appointment. This clinic requires to have deductible paid upfront and that's the only way to get treatment started. I was hoping that they allows pay that after bills come out since it would be rare to have someone not pay an IVF service.
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
It is somewhat newer clinic so they may not have done that many IVFs as some of other clinic in the clinic. But physicians in the clinic are all very well trained, very easy to communicate with and are tailoring to our needs regarding what we prefer in terms of communication style. All staff members are very friendly and very prompt in responding to message and it is very easy to make appointment. This clinic requires to have deductible paid upfront and that's the only way to get treatment started. I was hoping that they allows pay that after bills come out since it would be rare to have someone not pay an IVF service.
Dr. Thakore always tailors my needs instead of just telling me my test result. She puts effort trying to explain the reason behind her decision instead of bluntly telling me to do what was told. She also understands my concerns and will make effort to accommodate them.
they are very friendly and show compassionate. They responded to my call within the same day and are always addressing my questions
Dr. Thakore is very passionate about her patient. She is very straight with what's going on with your cycle but also showed optimization with good back up plan. She explains thing very clearly and is always using evidence to back it up which is what we are hoping for.
Sometimes, IVF nurse had taken over significantly amount of communication and I was hoping that I am able to directly talk to Dr. Thakore. She is very prompt with replying message through my uchealth but still hope sometime communication would be better
Antagonist protocol with birth control/Gonal-f and menapur/antagonise with cetrotide
if not including medications $5000 after insurance billing and @2500 insurance coverage for fertility
She cares a lot about mom's health than have a better outcome/number for the clinic. she prefers to have single embryo transfer due to risks of having twin or triples.
West Chester

UC Health is like a well oiled machine when it comes to making babies. They use a very straight forward approach and are not out to waste your time or money. The doctors in the practice are very knowledgable and great at what they do. I will definitely be using this clinic for future babies.... During my first iui the nursing staff was very nice and friendly. Later on I saw some different nurses and they weren't as friendly or helpful.
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Thomas at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
From the very beginning Dr. Thomas was very nice and talked to me like a person. He treated me like he really cared about helping us start a family. When we had a miscarriage he was very sympathetic and when we got our positive he was happy right with us.
How was your experience with Michael Thomas at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Thomas was a wonderful doctor to work with at such a stressful time. He helped us get through the miscarriage and on to our next successful pregnancy. We couldn’t be happier with the level and quality of care that we received. We recommend him to anyone that’s having fertility issues. We will definitely use him to conceive our second child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Thomas at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
Be prepared to work with a doctor that actually cares
Describe the protocols Michael Thomas used in your cycles at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
At my first appointment blood work was taken to check levels and it was discovered that my ovarian reserve could potentially be low. It was recommended that I lose weight. An HSG test was ordered to make sure my tubes and things were clear, which they were. I lost some weight and my ovarian reserve number improved. I was started with 100mg of clomid on cycle day 3 for 5 days. I then went in for a scan of my follicles and to check my uterine lining. My follicles weren't quite big enough yet so I had a second scan. This time they were and I was instructed to administer an ovidrel injection in the evening and have my iui 36 hours later. After the iui I started taking progesterone suppositories twice a day until day 14 when I got a positive pregnancy test. I went in for an HCG blood draw and it confirmed I was pregnant. I went the following week and my HCG levels rose. I schedules an ultrasound for 2 weeks after, which put me at 7 weeks pregnant. At the scan it was discovered there was a yolk sac but no heartbeat or fetal pole. At 9 weeks it was confirmed the pregnancy was not going to progress and I was to stop the progesterone and induce a miscarriage. After the miscarriage I had to have weekly blood work to make sure my HCG levels were going back to 0. At my second attempt I saw a different doctor in the same practice. She continued me on 100mg of clomid and at my follicle scan estimated when my follicles would be big enough and had me do an ovidrel injection 24 hours before the iui, this resulted in a negative pregnancy test. My 3rd try was with Dr. Thomas again and he upped my clomid to 150mg. I grew a decent size follicle and did ovidrel 36 hours before my iui. This iui resulted in a pregnancy that continued to a live birth.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Thomas at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Some of my initial visits and HSG testing were covered by my insurance. I do not have fertility coverage so had to pay $1400 out of pocket, which included the follicle scans, blood work, and iui. The medication was another out of pocket cost from the pharmacy.
Describe Michael Thomas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
We did not do this so I cannot comment.
West Chester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Thomas at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.

Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
They [nurses at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health] all remembered me and my life situation and asked how everything was going every time I came in. The nurses were always so nice and upbeat, which was great during such a rough time that no one around me understood...They did bundle pricing for treatments to make it cheaper for those that would definitely need more than one ultrasound and Office visits in a cycle. They do take insurance and will tell you what is covered and also help to let you know when you’re close to limits.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
The waiting room at the Mt. Auburn location was very small but the rooms were very spacious. It was also a little tricky to find my first time there but was easy after that. The decor in West Chester was great. The free coffee/tea in the keurig was a nice touch and so was the essential oil diffuser.
The receptionist (she is no longer there) was always so happy to see me, start a conversation and was genuinely interested in how things were going. When my son was born, she called me to congratulate me and was excited to meet him when I brought him to an appointment. Dr. Thomas and all of the other doctors at his office that I had seen were always just as passionate about me getting pregnant as I was. They made what was an uncomfortable, embarrassing, and emotional experience seem like something natural and not embarrassing.
They all remembered me and my life situation and asked how everything was going every time I came in. The nurses were always so nice and upbeat, which was great during such a rough time that no one around me understood.
He was always great at calling me about my blood test results immediately when they came in. His office was great at getting me appointments when they needed to happen. The cost of treatment was actually fair. He was always giving me places that provided the least expensive medications to give us an even bigger break in price. He is great about bringing a smile to your face and having the answers. He does work with UC students so he has students with them and teaching them but only if you allow them in the room.
Be open minded and prepared for success! His staff will take you in like family and he will take care of you and come up with a treatment plan. He is so kind! Also be prepared for medical students to be at your appointment if you allow them to be (it’s only one student for a while then switches to another student).
He had me come in for blood tests and a test for my tubes to make sure they are open. I had to take letrozole and ovadrel shots. Initially he had me put on a couple estrogen patches to ensure that my lining built up like it should (I also have high testosterone so the balance was needed). I came in for ultrasounds to check my egg growth and if it was good, I took my shot, if not I came back a day or two later and checked again. From the day I took my shot to 5 days out, I had intercourse with my husband every day. And then began doing progesterone suppositories. Then tested two weeks later. When we finally got our positive (after upping the letrozole a couple times), I went in for blood work to confirm. Once it was confirmed then he did an ultrasound at 5 weeks and every other week until I reached 10 weeks.

2013 - 2014
I was really upset that they [UC Health Center for Reproductive Health] would have completed the IUI even though there was no chance of it succeeding if I had not been tracking my cycle on my own. The clinic also initially wanted to refund only about $260 of the $1400 I had paid for that cycle, but they eventually agreed to refund the entire cycle cost after I complained. Also, in my initial testing, I was supposed to be tested for three common genetic problems. The first time I had blood drawn, the clinic accidentally tested for just cystic fibrosis (and not the other two genetic problems). They were going to retest but then forgot to draw enough blood at the second blood draw, which seemed really inept.
2013 - 2014
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Although I liked the doctors individually, I didn't like that I never knew who I would see. I also didn't like that I often felt like I was being used for med student practice. I felt pressured to allow med students and residents to complete procedures, and there were instances when I endured greater physical discomfort because of that. I also disliked that there were often 2-4 people in the room observing procedures.
Dr. Sroga has a very warm personality, and I felt like she really listened to me about my concerns.
Honestly, the nursing staff didn't make much of an impression. They were fine.
What specific things went wrong at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Sroga is very caring and warm. I felt like she took my concerns seriously, and she mostly presented information in a straightforward manner. There were a few instances when I felt that she made the situation seem more clear cut than it actually was. For example, I was lead to think the doctors could definitively tell whether or not I had ovulated based on an ultrasound, but that turned out not to be true (I had ovulated before an IUI, and that would have gone undetected if I had not been tracking my cycle at home).
I think she's a very caring doctor, but I would be careful to really press for information and would consider tracking my cycles during treatment.
I completed 3 complete IUIs with Dr. Sroga. We used Clomid for the first two cycles and then switched to Femara for the final cycle. The Clomid was causing my uterine lining to thin, so Dr. Sroga thought Femara might work better without causing the lining to thin.
Each IUI was $1400
Julie Sroga

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Strengths [at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health]- lots of experienced doctors, warm and welcoming, always there to answer questions, flexible scheduling (last minute, weekends, etc.), helpful with insurance issues, responsive Weaknesses- sometimes the visits are very short, don't have time to think of questions right away...[nurses are] Always kind, answered questions, very helpful, great with communication
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Strengths- lots of experienced doctors, warm and welcoming, always there to answer questions, flexible scheduling (last minute, weekends, etc.), helpful with insurance issues, responsive Weaknesses- sometimes the visits are very short, don't have time to think of questions right away
He always knows where I'm at with my cycles, ask about my specifics (husband, medication side effects, etc.), always speaks to me in ways I'm able to understand, answers all of my questions
Always kind, answered questions, very helpful, great with communication
What specific things went wrong at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
He always explains everything thoroughly so I can make the best choice for myself, answers my questions honestly but gently, makes sure I'm still interested in continuing cycles, helps me stay positive
Ask him to elaborate if you don't understand something or have questions. He's always happy to explain!
Currently taking Estradiol for low estrogen. 5 cycles total. I've done 3 cycles with Clomid and Ovidrel, 1 with just Ovidrel, and 1 with Letrazole. 2 Clomid cycles produced follicles, produced follicle on my own once, no follicles with Letrazole. Next cycle will be an IUI if follicles are produced.
I've changed insurance throughout this time. I had copays previously, had to pay for 2 ultrasounds out of pocket (previous insurance), and paid for medications

2013 - 2017
I love the nursing staff [at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health-West Chester]! There is one nurse who even over 4-5 years remembers me and my story and makes me feel like I'm the only patient she has... There is an office in West Chester and there used to be one in Cincinnati. I think they're trying to expand services so that may affect who you see, they might be bringing in new MDs. Scheduling can be tricky
2013 - 2017
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
I feel like they knew me and my story every time I went in. After my miscarriage I didn't visit the office for some time, I did not like when I went back the second time I had to tell what happened. Like they should have been able to look in my chart and see what happened
I love the nursing staff! There is one nurse who even over 4-5 years remembers me and my story and makes me feel like I'm the only patient she has
Dr. Thomas was very hands on in the process. He did have other MDs on staff and frequently had medical students with him and they were all very professional. He was very good at explaining the process, involving me in timelines, and answering questions
Be prepared with questions when you go in.
I don't remember much about the original protocol. On the frozen embryos transfer I started with lupron injections, then estrogen patches and then a few days before implanting we started progesterone IM injections which continued until 10 weeks.
My original treatment I had insurance coverage. The second and third time I was self pay, there was a flat fee for FET.
We transferred 2 on the first time, which resulted in a twin pregnancy. The second attempt only one embryo survived the thaw, no pregnancy. The third attempt both embryos survived the thaw and both were implanted resulted in a singleton pregnancy that resulted in live birth
West Chester

The clinic [UC Health Center for Repro Health] was very clean and tidy. Wwe appreciated that. The staff were overall a pleasure to work with.... The nursing staff were great. They were very nice and compassionate. They took a little longer than I liked to respond to calls and messages.... Our single IVF package was $10,635. The FET package was $3,330. The IUI was $1,500.
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
The clinic was very clean and tidy. Wwe appreciated that. The staff were overall a pleasure to work with. I wish we would have been better coached on ways to make our eqq/sperm quality better before our cycle started so that our embryos may have been better quality and our results may have been better.
Dr. Thomas was always easy to speak with and his office staff were great.
He was very intelligent and seemed to know what he was doing. He was professional. At times though it felt like he was too busy. We chose him because of his experience. We didn’t want to have to see so many doctors in the course of our treatment.
Be prepared to be seen by many doctors.
For our retrieval we stimmed with Follistim and menopur. I don’t remember dosages but do remember that we went up on the dosage midway in the cycle. We used ganirelix and we used pregnitude to trigger. On our FET protocol we used Lupron, progesterone, and estradiol.
They pushed for eSET too much.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The clinic is clean & easy to navigate. The front desk staff and helpful & make you feel welcome. Bring all information with you!...[Nursing Staff] Friendly, warm and kind...Do not be afraid to use MyChart to discuss anything that comes up prior to next visit....$100 trigger $22 for Femara & Progesterone. $300 initial consultation...Dr. Thakore is positive but straight forward with her patients. She answered questions via MyChart quickly & with lots of explanations. Very research minded and willing to share most up to date research with patients.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Straightforward, but positive. Always had research to back up plan of action. Warm and attentive most of the time. At times, felt rushed during explanations.
Friendly, warm and kind.
Dr. Thakore is positive but straight forward with her patients. She answered questions via MyChart quickly & with lots of explanations. Very research minded and willing to share most up to date research with patients. There were times that I felt rush & needed more than a verbal explanation. Receiving a real simple hand out or flow chart would have been beneficial to take-home & explain to husband & family.
Write down your questions prior to visit. Do not be afraid to use MyChart to discuss anything that comes up prior to next visit.
Femara, progesterone, trigger shot due to Unexplained fertility.
Insurance covered some... $100 trigger $22 for Femara & Progesterone. $300 initial consultation

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
We [Dr. Michael Thomas at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health] have put my husband on 25 mg of clomid which has increased his numbers and we have gone through one round of IUI which consisted of me taking 100mg of clomid for 5 days and then taking a shot of ovidrel to force ovulation before the procedure. It did not work the first round and we are readying for the second now.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I have only been through one round of treatment but I'm still happy about where we are with Dr. Thomas.
Dr Thomas is overall very thorough and very easy to talk to. He is very upfront with you about the situation and what your options are. I asked for his to be honest and he told me he believed our only option would be IVF unless the meds helped with my husbands side of things. He said they would try IUI first if that was what we wanted but didn't have great feelings about our chances. When our situation changed slightly for the better, he then told us it was well worth trying the IUI first. I feel like he could have told us to go straight for the more invasive/expensive procedure and didn't.
We have put my husband on 25 mg of clomid which has increased his numbers and we have gone through one round of IUI which consisted of me taking 100mg of clomid for 5 days and then taking a shot of ovidrel to force ovulation before the procedure. It did not work the first round and we are readying for the second now.
Have not been billed yet

2005 - 2016
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
They [nurses at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health] where all very friendly and when I had question I could call and they would answer me very fast or would get me the answer and get back to me...The wait to see the doctor was very fast. I think the most I every waited was 10 minutes Very clean and easy to get to. The parking was close. Had multiple location you could go to if needed. I went to the down town office and it was just as nice as the West Chester office
2005 - 2016
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
He was very friendly. Would talk to me where I could under stand and not use all the doctor talk.
They where all very friendly and when I had question I could call and they would answer me very fast or would get me the answer and get back to me
He new what he was talking about he explained thing for us to understand. Was very friendly. When it did not work he was able to comfort me still and be professional and explain the next steps when I was ready.
Right down your question at home because when you get there you don't forget them. If you don't understand something ask.
I don't remember really but I know I had to go in a few times a week to check and see if my eggs where growing.
About 5,000 with medication
He would only do 2 at a time because of the risk of it splitting

IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, Other
I have met with all of the doctors [at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health] throughout our time and love them all....The nursing staff that does weight and blood pressure are fantastic. Overall the ivf nurses have also been great, but considering the high range of emotions involved with the process sometimes I felt like I was bothering a specific nurse on the rare occasion that I called with questions. Overall they didn't do anything terrible. I don't personally have a need for overly bubbly happy interactions but I did feel as though a happier attitude could have gone a long way.
IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Flexible, willing to make times work as much as they can. I have met with all of the doctors throughout our time and love them all.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Krystene DiPaola at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
She made us feel like she's really trying to help us get pregnant, very positive but honest and realistic
What specific things went wrong at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
How was your experience with Krystene DiPaola at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
I appreciate her bedside manner. She is always honest and seemed to be concerned/disappointed when things didn't work out. She listened to our questions and never made us feel like we were a burden.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Krystene DiPaola at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
Ask questions and express your concerns. She will listen and not make you feel like an idiot
Krystene DiPaola
West Chester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Krystene DiPaola at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.

2008 - 2011
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
[UC Health Center for Reproductive Health was] capable, lots of happy babies on the wall, knowledgeable, honest, caring and successful...We did shared risk and felt it removed a lot of the worry and that your results improve with the more attempts. Well worth the investment if you have to do IVF....Again, it has been 5 years and I am a happy mom today of a LO. If I didn't have success I might have different views.
2008 - 2011
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Capable, lots of happy babies on the wall, knowledgeable, honest, caring and successful.
I felt he was a friend of our family by the second IVF attempt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Judy E.)
It has been a few years and I am partial because we have a child. But I always felt well cared for and was able to be honest with him and felt he was doing was was best and not just what I wanted or that his ego was involved.
I did one flare and one long protocol. We had ICIS and assisted hatching also. And a frozen embryo transfer that resulted in one live birth.
Shared Risk about 16k. Meds 2x's for egg retrieval about 4k and the 1 embryo transfer about 3k in meds. Most diagnostic blood work was covered by insurance or shared risk.
Christ

They [UC Health Center for Reproductive Health] won’t always do IUIs as long as you want them to due to be affiliated with a hospital and being bound by more polices and regulations. The doctors are amazing and patient. They care and do it not for the money...the [nurses] communicated really well. Always let me doctors know when I called and got back to me right away... Answered all questions. Gave no Judgement.
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
They won’t always do IUIs as long as you want them to due to be affiliated with a hospital and being bound by more polices and regulations. The doctors are amazing and patient. They care and do it not for the money.
This doctor was very passionate and carting. This doctor treated you like you were family. Answered all questions. Gave no Judgement.
It’s been a while, but the communicated really well. Always let me doctors know when I called and got back to me right away.
She was an amazing doctor. She transferred clinics to far way. Or I would of stayed with her. I also only transferred due to wanting to stay the route of IUI and not moving to IVF. After my visits she would have me sit in her office. She would review and explain things. Go over our plan. If plan adjusted she would make sure I understood. Very caring. Very educational
If your lucky enough to get her take her. You won’t regret it.
Describe the protocols Krystene DiPaola used in your cycles at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
Clinic was the first step. Then we moved to another medicatio. Can’t remember now. Had to take medication every round to make my period start. Then had a trigger shot after taking pill form. Did several rounds of this then moved to IUI. . Clomid quickly showed it was not working and she didn’t waste time with it. Progesterone was used after every trigger shot and was inserted vaginally.
Krystene DiPaola

2017 - 2019
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Strength [at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health]- fits you in when needed. Dr Thomas responds quickly to calls. Knowing their facts and being the "best" around. Weakness- cleanliness, communication skills - allowing paitents and SO to ask questions without feeling like a stupid person. Checking temp, BP, weight and urine before every appointment should happen...She [nurse] always seemed rushed. To get back to the room. My BP and weight were rarely taken. Then my husband and i were never really given instructions on what room . Just a pointed finger.
2017 - 2019
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Strength- fits you in when needed. Dr Thomas responds quickly to calls. Knowing their facts and being the "best" around. Weakness- cleanliness, communication skills - allowing paitents and SO to ask questions without feeling like a stupid person. Checking temp, BP, weight and urine before every appointment should happen
I felt like every appointment I was rushed in and rushed out. His fellow did most of the work and the talking. Dr Thomas didnt even do the ultrasounds or the IUIs
Describe your experience with your nurse at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Catherine )
She always seemed rushed. To get back to the room. My BP and weight were rarely taken. Then my husband and i were never really given instructions on what room . Just a pointed finger.
What specific things went wrong at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
Hes a great guy knows his stuff the best from what I heard but he doesn't perform his visits. His residents and fellows do it . Hes blunt, does not give very good instruction, does not up or change medications when a failed cycle has happened.
Do your research before and after every visit.
Letrozle 5mg for 5 days Trigger shot Metformin Prenatal Oh and to lose 40% of my body weight and that would help.
Copay $40 procedures $1,500