UC Health Center for Reproductive Health

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
2123 Auburn Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45219
7675 Wellness Way
West Chester, OH 45069
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UC Health Center for Reproductive Health to a friend?
3 doctors
It [UC Health Center for Reproductive Health] is somewhat newer clinic so they may not have done that many IVFs as some of other clinic in the clinic. But physicians in the clinic are all very well trained, very easy to communicate with and are tailoring to our needs regarding what we prefer in terms of communication style. All staff members are very friendly and very prompt in responding to message and it is very easy to make appointment. This clinic requires to have deductible paid upfront and that's the only way to get treatment started. I was hoping that they allows pay that after bills come out since it would be rare to have someone not pay an IVF service.
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
It is somewhat newer clinic so they may not have done that many IVFs as some of other clinic in the clinic. But physicians in the clinic are all very well trained, very easy to communicate with and are tailoring to our needs regarding what we prefer in terms of communication style. All staff members are very friendly and very prompt in responding to message and it is very easy to make appointment. This clinic requires to have deductible paid upfront and that's the only way to get treatment started. I was hoping that they allows pay that after bills come out since it would be rare to have someone not pay an IVF service.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Suruchi Thakore at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Thakore always tailors my needs instead of just telling me my test result. She puts effort trying to explain the reason behind her decision instead of bluntly telling me to do what was told. She also understands my concerns and will make effort to accommodate them.
they are very friendly and show compassionate. They responded to my call within the same day and are always addressing my questions
How was your experience with Suruchi Thakore at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Thakore is very passionate about her patient. She is very straight with what's going on with your cycle but also showed optimization with good back up plan. She explains thing very clearly and is always using evidence to back it up which is what we are hoping for.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Suruchi Thakore at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
Sometimes, IVF nurse had taken over significantly amount of communication and I was hoping that I am able to directly talk to Dr. Thakore. She is very prompt with replying message through my uchealth but still hope sometime communication would be better
Describe the protocols Suruchi Thakore used in your cycles at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol with birth control/Gonal-f and menapur/antagonise with cetrotide
Describe the costs associated with your care under Suruchi Thakore at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
if not including medications $5000 after insurance billing and @2500 insurance coverage for fertility
Describe Suruchi Thakore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
She cares a lot about mom's health than have a better outcome/number for the clinic. she prefers to have single embryo transfer due to risks of having twin or triples.
Suruchi Thakore
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
They [nurses at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health] all remembered me and my life situation and asked how everything was going every time I came in. The nurses were always so nice and upbeat, which was great during such a rough time that no one around me understood...They did bundle pricing for treatments to make it cheaper for those that would definitely need more than one ultrasound and Office visits in a cycle. They do take insurance and will tell you what is covered and also help to let you know when you’re close to limits.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
The waiting room at the Mt. Auburn location was very small but the rooms were very spacious. It was also a little tricky to find my first time there but was easy after that. The decor in West Chester was great. The free coffee/tea in the keurig was a nice touch and so was the essential oil diffuser.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Thomas at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
The receptionist (she is no longer there) was always so happy to see me, start a conversation and was genuinely interested in how things were going. When my son was born, she called me to congratulate me and was excited to meet him when I brought him to an appointment. Dr. Thomas and all of the other doctors at his office that I had seen were always just as passionate about me getting pregnant as I was. They made what was an uncomfortable, embarrassing, and emotional experience seem like something natural and not embarrassing.
They all remembered me and my life situation and asked how everything was going every time I came in. The nurses were always so nice and upbeat, which was great during such a rough time that no one around me understood.
How was your experience with Michael Thomas at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
He was always great at calling me about my blood test results immediately when they came in. His office was great at getting me appointments when they needed to happen. The cost of treatment was actually fair. He was always giving me places that provided the least expensive medications to give us an even bigger break in price. He is great about bringing a smile to your face and having the answers. He does work with UC students so he has students with them and teaching them but only if you allow them in the room.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Thomas at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
Be open minded and prepared for success! His staff will take you in like family and he will take care of you and come up with a treatment plan. He is so kind! Also be prepared for medical students to be at your appointment if you allow them to be (it’s only one student for a while then switches to another student).
Describe the protocols Michael Thomas used in your cycles at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
He had me come in for blood tests and a test for my tubes to make sure they are open. I had to take letrozole and ovadrel shots. Initially he had me put on a couple estrogen patches to ensure that my lining built up like it should (I also have high testosterone so the balance was needed). I came in for ultrasounds to check my egg growth and if it was good, I took my shot, if not I came back a day or two later and checked again. From the day I took my shot to 5 days out, I had intercourse with my husband every day. And then began doing progesterone suppositories. Then tested two weeks later. When we finally got our positive (after upping the letrozole a couple times), I went in for blood work to confirm. Once it was confirmed then he did an ultrasound at 5 weeks and every other week until I reached 10 weeks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Thomas at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Christ
The clinic [UC Health Center for Repro Health] was very clean and tidy. Wwe appreciated that. The staff were overall a pleasure to work with.... The nursing staff were great. They were very nice and compassionate. They took a little longer than I liked to respond to calls and messages.... Our single IVF package was $10,635. The FET package was $3,330. The IUI was $1,500.
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
The clinic was very clean and tidy. Wwe appreciated that. The staff were overall a pleasure to work with. I wish we would have been better coached on ways to make our eqq/sperm quality better before our cycle started so that our embryos may have been better quality and our results may have been better.
Dr. Thomas was always easy to speak with and his office staff were great.
He was very intelligent and seemed to know what he was doing. He was professional. At times though it felt like he was too busy. We chose him because of his experience. We didn’t want to have to see so many doctors in the course of our treatment.
Be prepared to be seen by many doctors.
For our retrieval we stimmed with Follistim and menopur. I don’t remember dosages but do remember that we went up on the dosage midway in the cycle. We used ganirelix and we used pregnitude to trigger. On our FET protocol we used Lupron, progesterone, and estradiol.
Describe Michael Thomas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
They pushed for eSET too much.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The clinic is clean & easy to navigate. The front desk staff and helpful & make you feel welcome. Bring all information with you!...[Nursing Staff] Friendly, warm and kind...Do not be afraid to use MyChart to discuss anything that comes up prior to next visit....$100 trigger $22 for Femara & Progesterone. $300 initial consultation...Dr. Thakore is positive but straight forward with her patients. She answered questions via MyChart quickly & with lots of explanations. Very research minded and willing to share most up to date research with patients.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Straightforward, but positive. Always had research to back up plan of action. Warm and attentive most of the time. At times, felt rushed during explanations.
Friendly, warm and kind.
Dr. Thakore is positive but straight forward with her patients. She answered questions via MyChart quickly & with lots of explanations. Very research minded and willing to share most up to date research with patients. There were times that I felt rush & needed more than a verbal explanation. Receiving a real simple hand out or flow chart would have been beneficial to take-home & explain to husband & family.
Write down your questions prior to visit. Do not be afraid to use MyChart to discuss anything that comes up prior to next visit.
Femara, progesterone, trigger shot due to Unexplained fertility.
Insurance covered some... $100 trigger $22 for Femara & Progesterone. $300 initial consultation
Suruchi Thakore
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
We [Dr. Michael Thomas at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health] have put my husband on 25 mg of clomid which has increased his numbers and we have gone through one round of IUI which consisted of me taking 100mg of clomid for 5 days and then taking a shot of ovidrel to force ovulation before the procedure. It did not work the first round and we are readying for the second now.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I have only been through one round of treatment but I'm still happy about where we are with Dr. Thomas.
Dr Thomas is overall very thorough and very easy to talk to. He is very upfront with you about the situation and what your options are. I asked for his to be honest and he told me he believed our only option would be IVF unless the meds helped with my husbands side of things. He said they would try IUI first if that was what we wanted but didn't have great feelings about our chances. When our situation changed slightly for the better, he then told us it was well worth trying the IUI first. I feel like he could have told us to go straight for the more invasive/expensive procedure and didn't.
We have put my husband on 25 mg of clomid which has increased his numbers and we have gone through one round of IUI which consisted of me taking 100mg of clomid for 5 days and then taking a shot of ovidrel to force ovulation before the procedure. It did not work the first round and we are readying for the second now.
Have not been billed yet
2005 - 2016
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
They [nurses at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health] where all very friendly and when I had question I could call and they would answer me very fast or would get me the answer and get back to me...The wait to see the doctor was very fast. I think the most I every waited was 10 minutes Very clean and easy to get to. The parking was close. Had multiple location you could go to if needed. I went to the down town office and it was just as nice as the West Chester office
2005 - 2016
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
He was very friendly. Would talk to me where I could under stand and not use all the doctor talk.
They where all very friendly and when I had question I could call and they would answer me very fast or would get me the answer and get back to me
He new what he was talking about he explained thing for us to understand. Was very friendly. When it did not work he was able to comfort me still and be professional and explain the next steps when I was ready.
Right down your question at home because when you get there you don't forget them. If you don't understand something ask.
I don't remember really but I know I had to go in a few times a week to check and see if my eggs where growing.
About 5,000 with medication
He would only do 2 at a time because of the risk of it splitting
IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, Other
I have met with all of the doctors [at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health] throughout our time and love them all....The nursing staff that does weight and blood pressure are fantastic. Overall the ivf nurses have also been great, but considering the high range of emotions involved with the process sometimes I felt like I was bothering a specific nurse on the rare occasion that I called with questions. Overall they didn't do anything terrible. I don't personally have a need for overly bubbly happy interactions but I did feel as though a happier attitude could have gone a long way.
IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Flexible, willing to make times work as much as they can. I have met with all of the doctors throughout our time and love them all.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Krystene DiPaola at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
She made us feel like she's really trying to help us get pregnant, very positive but honest and realistic
What specific things went wrong at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
How was your experience with Krystene DiPaola at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
I appreciate her bedside manner. She is always honest and seemed to be concerned/disappointed when things didn't work out. She listened to our questions and never made us feel like we were a burden.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Krystene DiPaola at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
Ask questions and express your concerns. She will listen and not make you feel like an idiot
Krystene DiPaola
2008 - 2011
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
[UC Health Center for Reproductive Health was] capable, lots of happy babies on the wall, knowledgeable, honest, caring and successful...We did shared risk and felt it removed a lot of the worry and that your results improve with the more attempts. Well worth the investment if you have to do IVF....Again, it has been 5 years and I am a happy mom today of a LO. If I didn't have success I might have different views.
2008 - 2011
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Capable, lots of happy babies on the wall, knowledgeable, honest, caring and successful.
I felt he was a friend of our family by the second IVF attempt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Judy E.)
It has been a few years and I am partial because we have a child. But I always felt well cared for and was able to be honest with him and felt he was doing was was best and not just what I wanted or that his ego was involved.
I did one flare and one long protocol. We had ICIS and assisted hatching also. And a frozen embryo transfer that resulted in one live birth.
Shared Risk about 16k. Meds 2x's for egg retrieval about 4k and the 1 embryo transfer about 3k in meds. Most diagnostic blood work was covered by insurance or shared risk.