Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Selling medication is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
4037 NW 86 Terrace
Gainesville, FL 32608
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UF Health Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

My nurse [at UF Health Reproductive Medicine], Jean Melby, is a rockstar!! I would 100% recommend her to anyone! She’s ALWAYS there to answer any question I may have. You can tell she genuinely cares about every patient that walks through the door. She even offers her personal cell number in case I need her during off hours! She’s awesome!...We love our clinic. As a new patient, it can be stressful, but they make you feel right at home. They learn your names and are so friendly. They have an online chart where you can see all your messages, future appointments and also keep up to date on finances.
Describe your experience with UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alice Rhoton-Vlasak at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Rhoton always makes sure we understand everything thoroughly before proceeding. You can tell that her main priority is to help us conceive a healthy baby, while also making sure to keep Mom healthy as well!
Describe your experience with your nurse at UF Health Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: RE Jean Melby)
My nurse, Jean Melby, is a rockstar!! I would 100% recommend her to anyone! She’s ALWAYS there to answer any question I may have. You can tell she genuinely cares about every patient that walks through the door. She even offers her personal cell number in case I need her during off hours! She’s awesome!
How was your experience with Alice Rhoton-Vlasak at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
We love Dr. Rhoton! She keeps us updated at all times. She checks on me thoroughly throughout the process to make sure the dosage is right and we’re progressing properly. She makes us feel comfortable and encourages that we ask as many questions as possible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alice Rhoton-Vlasak at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
We don’t have any advice to give in regards to being a patient of Dr. Rhoton’s. She makes the whole experience comfortable and informative.
Describe the protocols Alice Rhoton-Vlasak used in your cycles at UF Health Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
With my IUI’s, she was always sure to explain everything thoroughly and made it clear that if we were producing too many eggs, that for my own health, we would need to cancel. She’s always focused on the safety of her patients first and foremost. After seeing how my body responded, she adjusted my dosage and watched me very closely as to make sure not to overstimulate me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alice Rhoton-Vlasak at UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
We had 1 cancelled IUI, 1 complete IUI and we are undergoing 1 cycle of IVF currently. Looking to have spent approximately $20k
Gainesville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alice Rhoton-Vlasak at UF Health Reproductive Medicine.

2007 - 2010
6 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
The clinic [UF Health Reproductive Medicine] failed to notice that I ovulated early during a monitored injectible iui cycle - they continued injections and preformed the IUI (and charged me $300 to do it) while I was already pregnant and bleeding from the ectopic pregnancy. Then they did not do anything to find out why I was bleeding and cramping for several days after the IUI. It was several days before I was finally diagnosed with the ectopic pregnancy.
2007 - 2010
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
6 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
If you are looking at IVF, I found clinics in Tampa and Orlando were much less expensive than Gainesville.
After my ectopic pregnancy when I went back to discuss next options she used the cliche line "at least you can get pregnant," not recognizing how painful it was to loose a baby after over a year of fertility treatment with her. She didn't bother to read my file when I was ready to try again and changed her mind about what caused my infertility. (At first she said endo and then decided that I didn't have it - a subsequent doctor confirmed i did.) her clinic test of whether I qualified for treatment was entirely BMI based. Discussions with her made it clear she didn't read my file before stepping in the room with me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UF Health Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jean (no longer there))
Jean was the only good think about the clinic and actually wished me luck when we switched clinics.
What specific things went wrong at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
She clearly didn't know who I was as a patient. The nurses did most of the work, including reading ultrasounds. Ultimately, someone missed the fact that I ovulated during an injectable iui cycle and even though I was already pregnant and bleeding from an ectopic the doctor on call did an IUI anyway and told me it was not likely to work (the charged me for it). Despite my calling about pain and bleeding it took several more days before they did a pregnancy test and discovered the ectopic pregnancy. When I went for my initial "what happened" appointment she said that the ectopic was likely caused by Endometrosis. When I went back several months later to discuss cycling again she told me I didn't have it. In sum, I felt like she didn't care about my treatment or me, and I wasted thousands of dollars (out of pocket/no insurance) on treatmemt with her and at least a year of time when I would have been better off seeing a different doctor - any different doctor.
jacksonville and Tampa are closer than you think - it is worth the drive.
We did several clomid challenges, 3 IUIs with Climid only, 3 IUIs with clomid+injectibles and some IUIs with just injectibles.
Gainesville

They [staff at UF Health Reproductive Medicine] show compassion right when you walk through the door. They are there to help you in any way needed. Organized, clean, and understanding. Makes it easier when you have nice office staff. If you have questions you forgot to ask the doctor they will gladly get you a nurse to answer anything...They never called us to tell us about my husbands sperm analysis. We got the info at our meeting but we were wanting to know before hand.
Describe your experience with UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
They show compassion right when you walk through the door. They are there to help you in any way needed. Organized, clean, and understanding. Makes it easier when you have nice office staff. If you have questions you forgot to ask the doctor they will gladly get you a nurse to answer anything.
She is so kind and understanding. I never feel rushed with her and I feel like she encourages questions and wants to give you as much information as needed.
Sweet and funny
What specific things went wrong at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
I really enjoy going to her and I really feel that she will do whatever she needs to get that couple pregnant. She is very thorough when explaining things. When she did my HSG--she walked me through every step and helped me understand what was going on.
We first did an entire evaluation and she determined we were unexplained fertility. She gave us our options and we decided to wait a couple of months to do anything. Then we started the first step, 50mg of clomid and IUI. We are currently in the tww. If it didn't work we will try 2 more times.
Most are covered under insurance. My last IUI was $362
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Male Factor
[at UF Health Reproductive Med-Gainesville] It is hard to reach someone when you call, go through many phone trees and leaving messages. The nurses are friendly and helpful but I did not like Dr. Christman. The clinic is clean and seems safe. Cost of an IVF is higher than many surrounding clinics and their success rates are lower... IUI was pretty affordable there. Less than 1000 each time. However we did not use injectables or do any monitoring to confirm ovulation per the doctor.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gregory Christman at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
He would always interrupt me when I tried to ask a question and laugh at things I would try to ask.
The nurses were all friendly and helpful. It was hard to reach people there though.
How was your experience with Gregory Christman at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Christman is hard to communicate with. He always interrupts when you are trying to talk to him or ask him a question. I was frustrated because he "made" us do IUIS with less than 2% chance of them working.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gregory Christman at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
Only see him if you do not want to talk and want the doctor to talk over you
Describe the protocols Gregory Christman used in your cycles at UF Health Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
He had us do 2 iuis with clomid and no monitoring. With our male factor issues this was a huge waste of money for a 2% chance it would work. He did this because he said once he had a patient get pregnant with a sperm count of 300,000 so he thought we might too though we mostly wanted to move to IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gregory Christman at UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
Describe Gregory Christman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
Gregory Christman
Gainesville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gregory Christman at UF Health Reproductive Medicine.